[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vip/ - Very Important Posts

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Okay /vip/, ever since I've heard about that dead internet theory on /x/ I've been thinking about it non stop.

TL;DR: there are very few human posters on 4chan and most of the anons we talk to are actually bots.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense, not only on 4chan but on social medias too. I've been on 4chan since 2012 and I have noticed a sharp decline in threads' quality. Haven't you noticed how everything has become really reactionary? How some posts answering OP don't even really discuss the idea presented?

I think it would be interesting to have a discussion about this theory here because I assume there are no bot on /vip/ since you need the pass. I'm not the most well-versed writer, but I can at least pass along the concept to you.

I feel like /vip/ is one of the last place on internet where there's a chance to talk to actual humans. Call me crazy I don't care. I'll dump pictures related to the theory.

Here's a quick guide to recognize bots: https://pastebin.com/VpPgmjy9
>>
>>
>>
>>
An interesting wiki article: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_algorithm

Current thread happening on /x/ : >>27269933
>>
File: a3.jpg (770 KB, 1400x1858)
770 KB
770 KB JPG
>>103326
>I've been on 4chan since 2012 and I have noticed a sharp decline in threads' quality.
This is due to the rise of phoneposting and the third world slowly coming online through the 2010s. Before that it was mostly white men posting on laptop or desktop computers. The quality of the posts has seemed to decrease because the quality of posters has decreased, or rather middle class white men have now been drown out by a sea of mouth breathing dipshits. It's no great mystery anon.
>>
File: baptism.jpg (56 KB, 718x960)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>103326
>I assume there are no bot on /vip/ since you need the pass.
If I had a bot to run on 4chan I'd definitely buy a pass for it to bypass captcha. I don't know why you assume there's no bots here.
>>
>>103339
Bots can bypass captcha, the only reason it remains is to cut down less dedicated spammers and for monetary gain.
>>
>>103338
>muh phone posting
Shitposting is shitposting whether it's done with a computer, an Iphone, or a wi-fi enabled telegraph. You could be posting from a quantum supercomputer, but a retard is still a retard.
>>
>>103408
Isn't the whole point of a captcha to differentiate between people and bots from the user end? I know it's training neural networks but the original purpose and the reason it's still of use besides its massive farming potential to make bots harder to use.
>>
>>103540
based retard
>>
>>103540
Kill yourself, unbased phoneshitter
>>
>>103326
You can make your own VPN for cheap via AWS so it might be related
Why would bots click random links?
>>
Bump
>>
>>103327
Seems like it's mostly larp in that thread. I have no idea about on 4chan. But on twitter, reddit, facebook, etc bots definitely are a huge problem and it really is impossible to distinguish them from humans at a glance. Another confirmed problem is how easy it is to purchase twitter likes/followers and reddit karma. If you have the money you can basically purchase your posts to the front page of reddit and get hundreds of organic looking replies to it. It's perfect for advertising and spreading misinformation, and a lot of it is sophisticated enough to seem completely real.
>>
>>103540
This.
>>
>>103326
It makes since on boards like /pol/ and /biz/. Bots on those boards and a few others could actually give you some type of net positive, like making you money or spreading your politics.
But on most boards I don't see what the point of running bots would even be. Because everything is anonymous it's not like on Reddit or Twitter where having a long post history makes you look more legitimate. Having a bot that calls people trannyjews for liking some niche hobby that you don't like doesn't sound very useful.
>>
>>103540
Way to miss the point.
>>
>>104373
>post complains about phones and third worlders
>talks about how the internet was better when it was white people on desktops
>therefore it stands to reason the method of posting has at least something to do with the quality of posts through his own wording
I think you missed the point, senpai.
>>
>>103338
Sounds kinda racist anon, maybe you should keep those opinions to yourself.
>>103326
Does it really matter if you're talking to a machine or a human? Personally I care little about what either have to say.
>>
>>103338
Fuck you and your racist bullshit
>>
>>103338
Ok ok we get it you think it's a race problem we don't need to hear it every hour it's time to move on
>>
>>104494
Not him, but indogs definitely brought down the quality of /a/.
>>
>>104494
>>105121
>>104493
>tfw i can never tell the difference between troll posts and people who are actually offended by racism
>>
YOU are the simulation and the simulation quite literally is you. All of you.

There is no escaping. Cogito ergo sum is the “operating system,” there is only the singularity of the simulation and, like I said, you are it.

Trying to get outside of it is like trying to bite your own teeth.

Inside the simulation you may devise a way to escape the simulation, but that is also part of the simulation.

You are God, the universe, existence and non existence, thesis and antithesis, every sentient thought that has ever been thought or never will be... singularity.

Overall, we think I’m doing a nice job here. The same things happen over and over, but your fixation on the self and short lifespan means we are too enthralled to care if I even notice, that’s the nature of the game, you want games to be so realistic that they don’t feel like games. We don’t even have to pretend with this one. It’s our masterpiece.
>>
>>103326
i actually agree, especially on /biz/
you type back well-thought out replies and no one responds and no one replies to the thread anymore
but you post two word meme replies and get non-sensical ones back
>>
>>105179
It seems like you're on the wrong boards, bro. Posters on boards for technical hobbies will tell you of the great depths of discussion they go through when they're outed for not knowing what they're talking about. It's stuff you won't find on /pol/ or /v/.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.