[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vg/ - Video Game Generals

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: en_jejtqCKEyq.png (187 KB, 265x370)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
4chan edition

>News
- Kaldheim is out along with early access cross-platform mobile play for certain Android devices
- Omnath, Locus of Creation and Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath are now banned in Historic.
- After Kaldheim, we're going to Strixhaven: School of Mages (Elite magical university with five colleges battling each other with their own takes on magic), Dungeons & Dragons: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms (Standard set in the Forgotten Realms) and then two Innistrad sets, the first more devoted to Werewolves and next more devoted to Vampires (with some sort of vampire wedding), separated by 3 months each
- Zendikar Rising Championship won by Brad Barclay (Azorius Control, Scotland, He)
- Kaladesh Remastered is out with 300+ new cards for Historic
- Kaldheim Traditional and Premier Drafts going on
- Kaldheim Quick Drafts going on until Friday
- Card Styles are offered for players that play a ranked game in Gold (Bloodsky Berserker) and Platinum (Cosmos Charger) rank
- Full mobile release, including iOS, is planned for later in the year

>Latest Codes
- "PlayEldraine" for 3 Throne of Eldraine packs
- "PlayTheros" for 3 Theros: Beyond Death packs
- "PlayIkoria" for 3 Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths packs
- "PlayM21" for 3 Core Set 2021 packs
- "PlayZendikar" for 3 Zendikar Rising packs
- "ZendikarLands" for 3 random Zendikar Rising full-art basic lands
- "TryKaladesh" for 1 Kaladesh Remastered pack
- "PlayKaldheim" for 3 Kaldheim packs

>Useful Links
https://pastebin.com/QFA0hqaA

>Previous Thread
>>325431978
>>
File: 676587686786758.png (307 KB, 461x346)
307 KB
307 KB PNG
>>325573256
Not true. "The Rock" does and has always meant a green+black midrange deck with a mix of disruption and threats. That's really all it means. It's very vague, but it does mean a green+black midrange deck that focuses on disruption and threats.

Some of the staples are Thoughtseize, Scavenging Ooze, Liliana of the Veil, and Treetop Village. In the past, it played Spiritmonger, Phyrexian Obliterator, and many other cards. But that core idea of green fatties+black disruption is the basis of the deck.

It has at some times lightly splashed other colors, such as for Lingering Souls, but Abzan Midrange is a slightly different deck and does have it's own categorization. One of the reasons to play The Rock over other decks like jund or abzan is the mana base. If you are only two colors, then you can play colorless utility lands like Ghost Quarter, Cavern of Souls, and others. You can also play very color intensive spells like Phyrexian Obliterator that the 3color decks might have trouble with.

>>325573403
I have tested both, and Goose provides wonderful targets for Vraska's sacrifice ability. The deck aims to grind, that's essentially one of the goals, so her ability not having to target your own lands or creatures is nice. Obviously if you have Leliana out this changes, but options are nice.

>>325573428
You don't seem to understand the point of the deck. The expensive 1-ofs are cards you do not want to draw multiples of. I never want to see two Casulaties or lelianas or Koglas. Since the deck is designed for longer games, you will see more of your deck. The deck has card draw from a few of the cards, so the idea is you have fewer copies of some of the answers or threats in the deck. This allows you to include fewer copies of more specific answers too. Like Soul Shatter or Shadow's Verdict. I've been playing this archetype since you were in diapers sonny.

>>325574905
"Junk" was the name for g/w/b before the Khans block gave us the term "Abzan".
>>
>>325578718
your deck is shit lol
>>
>>325578718
Oh right yeah Junk was the old name for Abzan colour decks.
>>
Control decks with Yorion are so fucking lame
>>
File: tradhistoriceventm2.png (2.7 MB, 1882x999)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB PNG
update: we are making it mtgag
>>
>>325578718
The point of your shit deck is for you to come 2 hours from now crying about "busted" decks with actual consistency dumpstering your pile.
>>
>>325578875
This is the third ip in this thread.

>>325580425
This is not a new ip. There are still only 6 ip's in this thread after this post.

You shouldn't samefag when it's so obvious.
>>
>>325579338
yeah there's enough removal options that yorion's supposed downside is just like a what ever play more options, and to be honest, sometimes while playing control, knowing im using like 28 lands, when sideboarding i'll just go up in card count and not worry about land drops so much since i'll not care as much about being able to cast a 7 mana spell on turn 7 as much as just having an answer or being able to draw cards. it's like if i can get to late game while playing control, it's game over, so missing a land drop turn 4 or 5 isn't really game over since i can still use my 2 or 3 mana removal... shit. having a 3 mana option to just get a creature, and his drawback is you have to give your self more options? i mean it was way way way worse when he could be cast from exile or what ever you call companion zone. cause then you always had a turn 5 play, the addition you spend 3 to bring it to your hand, i mean it really killed it for some of the eternal formats. i remember playing MTGO and like turn 1 lotus into the black and white cat, into lotus were pretty broken starts, so the ammendment to companions was needed, but it made so many other companion cards just worthless when they could have been cool.
>>
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/3782255#arena
Second iteration of WB taxes, mostly sideboard shakeup.
Hit diamond this morning will try to pilot it to Mythic.
>>
>>325580880
looks decent. i'm curious, and i'ma pilot this at mythic a few matches. maybe i can think of some side board changes.
>>
File: 1590427203944.png (83 KB, 1147x776)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>325580679
meds. now.
>>
i love this card. how do i make it good?
>>
>>325582564
i feel that this was supposed to be anti cat oven tech, but they already banned it so this card has little to hose now.
>>
>>325582564
side in against mono white
lose anyway because apparation vacuums it into his anus
>>
File: 75676457.jpg (105 KB, 1548x532)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>325582518
You're a really bad liar, since you're keeping 4chanX active in your screenshot, and 4chanX has a (you) on and off button. At least pretend you don't have it installed so it's not literally one click to turn on or off a post being (you).
I'm disappointed in you anon, you're making it way too obvious.
>>
>>325580679
>>325583005
It's fairly obvious there is a bitchy anon with a shitty attitude that samefags a lot since the phrasing is similar, but this is also pretty convincing if you didn't notice him already.
>>
>>325582965
>monowhite
why and how is this deck alive? I dont think i lost to it yet.
>>
>>325580679
lol seethe
>>
>>325583240
the other deck is sultai ultimatums and that deck is sad when you go 1 drop indestructible creature 2 drop indestructible creature 3 drop creature gets larger and impossible to race
and the new man land is broken
>>
>>325580692
but based mtg original decks only plays bo1
>>
I hate how they make cards that are totally unusable against control. Even if it goes against le flavor he should at least have put counters or artifacts and enchantments too.
>>
>>325583240
Depending on the opening sequence mono W can tax, ignore and delay a lot of removal.
>>
>>325583475
just put him in the sideboard, he's a windmill slam against aggro decks that arent ancient apparition
hes also good against planeswalkers and thats what control decks play, just not this present control deck in this one standard format
>>
>>325583678
>he's a windmill slam against aggro decks that arent ancient apparition
>Ancient Apparition
Too much Dota on your brain
>>
>>325583475
its to keep counters on theros gods or etc i guess. whiffs the counter on so many things tho, like vehicles and manlands
>>
File: 1503520729415.jpg (30 KB, 400x325)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>325583903
fuck you I'm retired
it gave me brain cancer without so much as a pension after 8000 hours
>>
File: tradhistoriceventm4.png (2.7 MB, 1882x1000)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB PNG
things went poorly vs sultai yorion and neoform, still, its a lot more fun playing events than ladder imo
>>
>>325583475
deathtouch errata when? it should kill Pws in 1 hit
>>
>>325581583
Have fun, its a particularly fun deck to bully control with. I'm currently looking for ways to tailor the board against jund sacrifice which is a close matchup
>>
>>325584334
retard
>>
>>325584081
Are we allowed to count dota 1 hours as well? I too am retired anon, i think that game was responsible for my backlog being ridiculous as it is now. Can't catch up on your backlog if you play games that don't end.
>>
>>325580880
we won... we were vs the green white white life gain collective company angel tribal deck... doomskar worked as planned turn 3 for an easy clear. i might have wanted to let it sit till turn 4 and maybe got more than 2 for one. we lost game two, it i mean i get the grave hate and with thalia we need creature based disruption. i mean i just don't know why so many grave hate options on the sb... is the archanist that imposing? i don't have as much experience in that match up, but yes, it probably requires a whole shift in plan. i assume midnight reaper is for the control match ups so you can try to rebuild vs board wipe, i dunno how you rebuild though. if this deck loses the board it's a tempo control, so you lose board you lose game. it might be better replaced with that card that costs 3 that gives your guys +1 and indestructible since well you may not have a creature, you can still interact with something like wrath of god... it sucks leaving your mana open to just cast it defensively, and it doesn't exactly create a threat to pressure their life, in the specific match up, it prevents total loss, and they just tapped out 4 or 5 or 6 and you answer with the same shit. i mean it's an option that will probably work in some match ups but not all. deck's alright, im assuming sorin is there vs the super aggro decks. seems like a good card for those match ups. i dunno i just played one game vs one deck. it worked. just throwing out some ideas.
>>
I feel like the only thing you should do in quickdraft is just force RW aggro
>>
>>325585101
thanks bo1 hand stacker
>>
>>325584440
yeah that cat oven deck.. i only faced a shitty deck... another thing is i think we can go down to 3 man lands. they're super hard to actually activate and could screw us up when we really just need our second white mana.
>>
can I just have the Foglios doing art for this game again
I don't even really care about the art getting niggered up but all the art just looks the same, like it could've been made by the same few guys
>>
>>325580679
Imagine actually paying attention to IP and post counts
>>
>>325582845
>anti cat oven tech
What was the "up coming" boogie man card that they decided to ban the Cat in the first place?
>>
>>325585824
it practically is by the same few guys. you see the same names all the time at the bottom, some artists do like 6 pieces for one set.
>>
>>325585824
The correct response. Why aren't there more of you.
>>
>>325585076
Taxes decks don't really do rebuilding, you're mostly just trying to tempo your opponent out of the game fast. I originally had 3 Faceless Havens but it was doing such exceptional work I upped the count to 4 double white shouldn't be too much of an issue with so many white sources and I think its worth the risk to have more of such a good manland
>>
File: 1592252102582.jpg (53 KB, 389x315)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>325585824
kino.
>>
Literally what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
File: me4-222-primal-clay.jpg (189 KB, 672x936)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>325586538
shut up retard I didn't say I liked the niggers I just want some demons having a good time and some floppy ghost tits and bees with shields and some SMILES instead of creatures being menacing negro standing around swinging a sword or a bird flying somewhere
>>
File: vraska.png (1.7 MB, 1216x660)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>never got this sleeve

I'm pissed lads.
>>
>>325586119
wtf cat is banned in Standard ? WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME ?! Now I really need to hunt down a Standard deck to splurg WCs on !
>>
>>325586579
right it's like i feel that midnight reaper's slot could be a different card... i forgot sorin's downtick which gives us a good option vs spot removal thing.. i mean it's definitely going in vs the red decks and shit like that. the card's deeper than that though. I mean stuff like tithe taker is great.. i love the premise. i think we've talked before about building shit. were you the guy making the artifact decks with the 3 black mana dude? I was probably using a different trip at the time. this was at least a year ago.
>>
>>325587297
Same. Was the one sleeve I wanted out of the anime ones, and Kikes of the Coast took them out of the FNM pool. Cancerous faggot company.
>>
>>325586782
i mean he was pretty shitty in m20 limited. his best choice of 5 drop was a 4/4 dude.. in standard they had a 1 mana green black hate card that literally shut black out from any kind of competitive play... yeah they banned the shit that hurt him the most, and now he can rise again.
>>
https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/643839052451348480/im-very-excited-about-the-colleges-ive-been-big
I feel like Maro is hyping this up more than usual. Will Strixhaven actually deliver?
>>
>Opponent plays Toski
>Turn after drops Tegrid's Shadow, killing 2 of my creatures and his Toski, but my creatures create tokens so I still have a board prescience and he has nothing
>Concedes

You thought it only killed my board didn't you anon
>>
>>325587979
i doubt it, i want to see mechanics. they need something cool. maybe something similar to suspend. where it just sits outside and comes in at a later turn.
>>
>>325586782
They wanted to push vampires to be a T1 until rotation, giving them a chase mythic to sell packs. That's also why they didnt print a single vampire in Eldraine, Theros, or Ikoria

They did the same thing with field of the dead and scapeshift, except field turned out to be inherently broken and not just breakable.
>>
>>325587979
what the fuck
how do you make pairs on differences
whites not an asshole color and black is the asshole color so does that mean wb is only half asshole
that sounds so fucking stupid its givign me a headache
>>
Dragonkin berserkers in multiples are so ridiculous

>1 sprite dragon & 2x dragonkin berserkers on board
>boast for 2R to make a dragon, then boast for R to make another dragon

ayy
>>
>>325583378
shadows veredict ends the game at the spot tho
>>
File: ping ping ping.png (2.16 MB, 1428x870)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
OH YEAH
>>
Do I save my player draft token or do I use it?
>>
File: MTGA_2021-02-22_21-51-34.jpg (632 KB, 2560x1440)
632 KB
632 KB JPG
Tegrid is cute!
>>
>>325587979
>I feel like Maro is hyping this up more than usual
wow almost like he wants to sell packs, huh
>>
made my own house rules to make Magic more fun.

Some Rules, you get 1 land per turn/max 12 lands.
You pick 1 card that will always appear in your opening hand.
Second Turn gets to play an Extra land one time at any turn they want.
30 Card Deck size max
5 Card Opening Draw
Wheel of Fun at Turn 10. Spin the wheel, Effects include Drawing Cards, Random Creatures appear on both sides of the board etc
>>
>RDW faggot keeps spamming "Your Go" even though you're playing at a good speed
>intentionally draw the game out as long as possible while making it seem like he could still win
>btfo him with Ashiok
Aggro faggots deserve to suffer
>>
File: I have a vision.jpg (598 KB, 1917x1067)
598 KB
598 KB JPG
now THIS is how you win a game
take notes, /mtgag/
>>
>>325589716
>more THAN USUAL
>as in there is a notable difference in his enthusiasm from other sets where the stakes for sales would be the same.
>>
>>325590427
>what was WAR and Eldraine
>>
>>325589716
No shit he wants to sell packs, what does that have to do with what I said?
>>
File: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (69 KB, 498x456)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>325590539
overpowered piles of shi-
>oh no
>it's going to be another 2 year shitshow set
>>
>>325589932
sounds like you're gay, and you've made gay rules, to make the game more gay and more appealing to niggers and faggots.
>>
File: can I save it.png (1.46 MB, 1907x868)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
Is it salvageable?
>>
>>325590803
I just want a colorless planeswalker at mythic rarity that costs 0 mana and is used in every deck in every format.
>>
if i trickster god's heist 2 enchantments targeting my treacherous blessing and his enchantment, does the switch still go through even when the blessing blows itself up due to the targeting?
>>
>>325590803
>>325591487
no wait... it's the box topper. you have to buy the box. think fucking 7 mana free turn instant but it's a colorless planeswalker that is pretty much manditory in every deck and every formant.
>>
>>325591536
yes, since there is still 1 legal target.
>>
>>325591850
thnaks, gonna see if i cant toss that into a new deck
>>
so I had valkmira and this guy increased his minions damage to 12 and then he used Ram through on my 6 health minion and my minion lived with 1 health?

Is that how the card works?
>>
>>325591850
That is INCORRECT

>>325591536
No it doesn't happen because one is now an illegal target. Exchange effects require both targets to be around to swap.
>>
>>325592467
if his minion had trample yeet
>>
>>325592804
ok that makes sense
>>
>>325592467
Trample has weird interactions, yeah.
>>
>>325592247
I've gotten blown up in drafts from that kind of shit. It's actually a good card, just really hard to use, the enchantment you picked has it's own drawback but is otherwise an amazing card. I just don't know how many enchantments you see in standard... i think its good interaction in premise, but you're missing something which is a field that is full of really good enchanments to steal. i mean i really want to see you steal a sharknado with that trick, but second turn telegraphing the ability. i don't think it's ready... just have fun. trickster probably has side board potential, and i mean you can fit it in a 3 or 4 even color shell... treacherous blessing is the best raw card draw we've seen in years if you can ignore it's drawback... but even if you were to use an aura on an opponents creature, you still control the aura so you can't target that and your treacherous blessing. it's uhh super niche.
>>
>>325592467
>minion
Stop this.
>Is this how the card works?
Yes. They needed to do 7 damage to your creature, if they had trample then Ram Through would assign 6 damage to your creature and then try and deal the excess damage to you because it thinks that 6 damage is lethal to your creature before the prevention effects. So in fact what happens is Ram Through does 5 damage to your creature then 5 damage to you.
>>
File: fabrication station.jpg (561 KB, 1917x1073)
561 KB
561 KB JPG
look mom I did it again
>>
Easiest 7 wins of my Arena career. This was nasty.
>>
>>325592568
i mean maybe the coding was fucked up because a dude stole my dude and bounced his own dude. oh wait i was probably just drunk and he just bounced his dude after resolution. im fucking drunk.,
>>
>>325593607
damn dude... like what more do you need? you get any infect wins with that pile?
>>
>>325593872
it was disgusting.

I lost one game by waiting to use crippling fear for maximum value because I was drunk with power.
>>
>>325593698
Normally in like 99% of multi-target spell situations if at least one target is valid the spell/effect goes off still so yeah you would normally be correct. However exchange effect situations are the 1% instance where both targets need to be legal for the effect to be successful.
>>
>>325590385
>>325593358
You can hide your name all you want kooba but we all know it’s you
>>
>>325579338
Play izzet and bully the shit out of them it’s fun and you can beat all the other decks too!
>>
>>325588365
post list
>>
>>325594942
4 dragonkin berserker
4 sprite dragon
28 other cards
24 lands
>>
>>325595332
thanks
>>
>>325590371
>When they actually delay the game emoting your go.
>>
I finally found a format he's legal in. brawl
>>
>>325593698
dang. welp good thing i didnt use any wild cards to test
>>
>aggro decks
braindead shit
>mill decks
braindead shit
>ramp decks
braindead shit
fuck Standard
>>
File: mtga-2021-02-21-01.png (1.61 MB, 1093x615)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB PNG
>killed all four of his Ugins
>killed all four of his Skyclave Apparitions
>exiled his Yorion
>pic related

Little does he know that the 4 ropes of emotes only made my penis harder
>>
File: MTGA_2021-02-22_23-51-47.jpg (709 KB, 2560x1440)
709 KB
709 KB JPG
I just discarded to hand size on turn 8 because of color screw. How's your evening going anon?

The worst part is this guy had a really stupid durdle deck that didn't do anything that I would have pretty easily beaten if I wasn't caught in some statistically improbable alternate universe where I looked at the top 20 cards of my library and not find a red source.
>>
>>325600630
>escape to the wilds
isnt that shit banned
>>
>>325601026
not in brawl
>>
Oh no....oh no ...

Names covered this time to protect the innocent. My fellow gamer here tried to destroy Klothys and then immediately left when it didn't work. Oh man, you hate to see it.

>>325601026
this is brawl, maybe separate banlist
>>
>>325601026
Only in Standard.
>>
SO, THIS IS THE POWER OF BRIDGE?
>>
>when the emergent ultimatum yorion pile doesn't get to play his extra turns
>>
When does the traditional historic event end?
>>
File: MTGA_2021-02-23_00-19-47.jpg (724 KB, 2560x1440)
724 KB
724 KB JPG
Chandra is hella cute. When she snorts when she laughs is my favorite. Plus it's really cool when she beats up some control gamer
>>
File: rodan combo.png (1.99 MB, 1830x633)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
>teleports behind you
>opens your omenpaths
>>
File: Jeskai Mutate.jpg (682 KB, 1920x1080)
682 KB
682 KB JPG
>>325603542
Based Vadrok showing em whos the boss
>>
File: it sucks.png (2.08 MB, 1368x800)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB PNG
>>325593110
>>325592568
its so jank that it barely works. also i want more mystic reflections.
>>
File: thotseize.png (2.88 MB, 1823x1081)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB PNG
>entire deck is built around graveyard interaction
>thotseizes me twice and doesn't take my Kaya either time
What a dumb dumb
>>
File: MTGA_2021-02-23_00-44-44.jpg (663 KB, 2560x1440)
663 KB
663 KB JPG
hahaha, I play a singleton format to get away from the mindless retards playing rogues, and sure enough, I play against turn 1 on the play Thieves Guild anyway. This guy did end up drawing mill, counterspells, or a removal spell every turn until he played his commander to win. It felt just like constructed except it was Zareth instead of Lurrus as his free 8th card in hand.

People will always be lame. It doesn't matter where you go.
>>
Mirrodin and New Phyrexia or whatever the story block is called is so kino holy shit
>>
>that feeling when you're right about to win but your opponent topdecked the 4th copy of that instant speed removal out of the 30 or so cards left in their deck

Was so close to winning after getting my stuff killed, wiped and poogin'd over and over
>>
>>325602649
The one that you can enter with gold? Never, those are permanent modes.
>>
File: We dug too deep.jpg (105 KB, 409x642)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
WHAT IF
What if I took a decent deck but then added bad cards to make it a meme but it still kind of works because the dragons are actually kind of bonkers
>>
File: We dug too deep.jpg (123 KB, 409x642)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>325609870
the fuck? that's not the image i posted
>>
>>325610061
I'd have run dragonkin berserker for more dragons, but I can't disapprove of seven dwarves
>>
>>325610163
dragonkin berserker is a human or i would have included him.
>>
File: Can't handle the DORFS.jpg (561 KB, 1920x1080)
561 KB
561 KB JPG
He couldn't handle the midget beatdown and quit on turn 3 without playing a single card.
>>
Looks like Wizards is considering Baldur's Gate crossover art, also Goblin Slayer.
>>
File: DORFD.png (2.17 MB, 1651x931)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
>>325610840
Always nice to see more Dorfs.

...I miss mirror march
>>
>opponent swings with haktos and flashes in embercleave
>nothing happens because haktos has protection from cmc6
>shame concedes
kek
>>
>>325611781
fucking lol
>>
>draft deck too good
>have to flood out and get mana screwed twice to go 2-3 to balance out how free every win would be without ridiculously unlikely mana issues
>>
File: turns.jpg (169 KB, 853x680)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
What if my opponent never untaps
>>
File: Cystalline Giant MTG.jpg (137 KB, 1000x730)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>325603542
Mutation decks are fairly crummy, but if you want them to be at least decent, always mutate onto Crystalline Giant, instead of Mysterious Egg. Mutation players cry when they find out how easily their 5 stack mutation creature gets removed and then it's GG, but Crystalline Giant gets Hexproof very easily, you can also use Glasspool mimic to clone them incase they get removed before they get hex-proof. Also first strike + death touch is very powerful, because then even 20/20 creatures can't hurt him.
>>
>>325613189
the post you're replying to did that all in one turn using Vadrok to cast open the omenpaths for free over and over. It's a combo deck, not a typical mutate pile deck.
>>
Can lurrus and yorion please fucking rotate out, holy fuck it's so boring.
>>
File: Sneaky.jpg (187 KB, 894x733)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
SHOW ME MEME DECKS
I DONT CARE IF THEY ARE GOOD
I WILL BUILD AND PLAY YOUR MEME DECKS
>>
Well, I went through WotC support hell. I guess if you lose your password, there is really nothing they can do, so be careful, write it down somewhere.
>>
File: alrundstravaganza.png (3.41 MB, 1905x1079)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB PNG
>opponent taps out despite having all the tibalt in the world
oh no no
>>
>>325614316
How much did you invest in your account?
>>
>>325614316
There's no password recovery tool that works through email?
>>
>>325614697
Been playing with it since last year's April. Had a lot of cards, and fun decks built.
>>325614727
Nope. You just get an error response, when you want to change your password. WotC support is just auto-response loop back to that page, no matter what you do.
>>
>>325615117
>don't remember my password, just rely on my PC to keep me logged in
>definitely didn't write it down anywhere

fuck
>>
>play permanent
>opponent casts removal spell
>play permanent
>opponent casts removal spell
>play permanent
>opponent casts binding the old gods, removes it, ramps
>play permanent
>opponent casts binding the old gods, removes it, ramp
>don't play permanent
>....
>opponent casts emergent ultimatum
>I counter it
>opponent concedes immediately

"OH NO someone is INTERACTING with me, time to concede on the fucking spot even though I've still got 3 cards left in hand"
>>
>>325615350
>I counter it
I always concede to counters on principal unless I'm playing them.
>>
>>325615437
>principal
Principle, even
>>
>>325615271
Yup, I forgot what bullshit pass I gave in April. I thought, in worst case scenario, I'd do a quick forgetpassword juggle.
New PC. Forgotten password. Useless WotC. Oh well. I guess the game is a time sink anyways. This'll free me from this semi-addiction. I just thought I'd let you guys know about the problem they are aware of since November.
>>
>>325615350
>play permanent
>opponent counter it
>play permanent
>opponent counter it
>play permanent
>opponent counter it
>play permanent
>don't play permanent
>opponent play Ugin or some retarded blue card
See what I did there ? At least with removal the oppo get ETB and can do something.
>>
File: violate.jpg (175 KB, 744x1039)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>325616193
Wizards needs to do something about ETB triggers being 'unanswerable' to every color but blue
>>
>>325616730
No. They should only put counterspells that allow for ETB. The game would be much better.
>>
>>325616730
>murder but mundo better at uncommon

k
>>
>>325613879
It's just barely diamond tier, but your opponent will always be shocked when you make them go night-night.
>>
>>325616790
They just need to retcon "Enters the Battlefield" into "When you cast". And then they need to make it so counterspells can only counter permanents. There, now counterspells aren't just plain better than spot removal.
>>
>>325616856
so like, Poison the Cup?
>>
>>325616961
Maybe even "When you cast this spell, or it enters the battlefield" to make it so you can still bounce stuff over and over for effects.
>>
>>325616924
The strategy is basically try to hold onto Fynn, unless you have multiples of him in your hand, when your opponents mana is tapped, and you have 3-4 Deathtouch creatures on the battlefield, that's when you put Fynn on the field and get 6 counters. The rest can easily be gotten with Sleep mainly, or with any Deathtouch creature + Rune of Flight, or Dreamtail heron mutating. Heron is there just to block some weak flying creatures in case you need it. Deck is designed perfectly for 'In search of Greatness', so it will often let you cast free creatures if you treat them like lego blocks. Rabidbite/Ram on flying creatures or strong creatures. Very simple. Oakhame + Rune of Flight = free cards and poison counters.
>>
>>325616924
Oh, forgot to mention it's a standard deck. designed for Bo1.
>>
>>325617534
Also, don't fight with your creatures and let them die, tank a bit of damage and save them for a sleep + Fynn combo.
>>
>>325584093
the first 3 wins are worth the most. a 2-2 run will still give you more rewards than just playing ranked.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.57 MB, 1366x768)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>325587297
I got that one, and a liliana one, from a code shared in this thread.

I love my mt. gag frens
>>
>>325615649
Thanks for the info, anon. For this shit I use the same password I've been using since I was a kid on non-important things so I don't have to worry but I still appreciate the information.
>>
>>325589932
>thinly-veiled hearthstone post
>>
>>325590371
all I want is to be able to spam Thinking... during my opponent's turn.
>>
>>325602649
the grind never ends, anon
>>
Why is it that when the opponents emotes hello, they always play one of these:
1. Mill
2. Discard deck
3. Plays 12+ counters deck
>>
draft is better than constructed
>>
Rate my card ideas:
Stone of Hearth - {0}
Artifact
At the start of the game, you can put this card from your library onto the battlefield.
When this enters the battlefield, all players exile all lands from their libraries.
At the start of each player's upkeep, that player puts a land from exile onto the battlefield.
Spells can only be cast whenever you can cast a Sorcery
Damage persists through turns
Attacking player declares opponents' blockers

Artifact - {0}
Artifact - Artifact
At the start of the game, you can put this card from your library onto the battlefield.
You play 3 games of Magic at once. Whoever wins two of them wins the game.
>>
File: tmp-114-coffin-queen.jpg (661 KB, 672x936)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
>>325585824
such a different time
>>
>>325620197
BOOBA
>>
File: 1544552520838.jpg (42 KB, 449x338)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>325619779
>>
I don't think auras is actually good as long as sac decks exist
>>
File: 16 extra turns.jpg (613 KB, 1907x1075)
613 KB
613 KB JPG
What went wrong?
>>
File: 1609968001248.gif (1.6 MB, 480x480)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB GIF
I swear if monoblue tempo flash whatever was a person I would gladly torture it and watch it die in minecraft. It is the one and only deck in arena that is epitome of anti-fun.
Doesn't matter if you pull cheap spells because if he doesn't counter them (which he will have enough mana for anyway) he will just do his flash and put enchantments on them to increase their power so they will outshine your cheaper spells.
Uncounterable spells often got no use as they cost too much.
>uh but removal or counter his counter?
fuck you he just counters it or replaces the creature with flash
>>
>>325622382
I cast unsubstantiate on this post and return it to your hand :3
>>
Alright I'm going to build a historic Temur Orvar meme-deck.
Wish me luck.
>>
>>325621860
azorius has a hopeless matchup, orzhov can actually win games 2 and 3
>>
>>325622481
>>325622382
Also I adapt my pteramander and turn him into a 5/5 for U and next turn mutate sea dasher octopus on it and swing for 6 while drawing more counters :3
>>
File: Draft.jpg (458 KB, 1757x843)
458 KB
458 KB JPG
What should I cut?
>>
>>325619225
>2. Discard deck
That's new. Historic? If so do you think a deck with Thoughseize is automatically a discard deck instead of midrange?
>>
>>325620049
0/10
Both.
>>
>>325623337
>fearless pups and tormenter's helms
>but also 4 6+ drops
I'd just go big instead of fast, and cut the pups, helms and mammoth growth.
>>
>>325622871
>>325621860
statwise, i'm 11-10 with orzhov vs. sac, i was like 3-15 with azorius (although i was a worse player back then as well)
>>
>>325622382
During an FNM about historic I used my standard deck and outflashed simic flash. I only have two cards with flash in my deck. The gay fairy and the cute octopus with mutate. Everything else the dude played got countered. You just need to learn when and how to sequence your spells.
>>
>>325623337
cinderheart
vault robber
veil
sentinels
one helm
>>
>>325623765
>just go first and play tranny decks yourself
>>
>>325623424
do you actually play historic? a lot of people are trying to force monoblack discard with tergrid and the discard PW from War, no matter how bad it is
>>
File: I'm sorry sparky.jpg (649 KB, 1920x1080)
649 KB
649 KB JPG
>>325622853
He never had a chance.
Too bad I'll never get anywhere against real decks with this.
>>
>>325624192
speaking of tergird, I wonder if she is a good sideboard card against sac decks to supplement graveyard hate in your creature deck
>>
>>325624287
graveyard hate does nothing against sac
>>
>>325624369
kappa
>>
>>325624406
what, you think you're actually going to exile their cat? or are you (god forgive me for saying this) a leyline player?
>>
It's so painfully obvious that they changed the algorithms. Tibalt's winrate crashed from 50% to to 10% winrate. They would rather pretend that the laws of probability have changed than admit that they fucked up again and ban it.
>>
>>325624771
bo1 isn't a real format, why would it have a real shuffler?
>>
>>325584460
Retard
>>
>>325624838
retard
>>
File: 1612574128492.gif (7 KB, 80x160)
7 KB
7 KB GIF
>>325610985
You know stuff we don't? Any news on Anthology 4?
>>
>>325624771

They did the same thing for rogues and for the UB aura deck in historic. All they need to do to fuck you over is rig the starting hands to be unplayable. That shit is getting old really fucking fast.

Also, they un-fucked RDW, they rigged it when it was meta and now that it's a t3 deck at best finally unfucked it.
>>
>>325610985
I can't wait until the MLP shit isn't just sleeves but also actual cards in the game. I wish everyone in charge of this game would die.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.17 MB, 1366x768)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
my opponent stole my spiritdancer w/ an aura on it before killing it, yet my eidolons still drew cards from it.

how does that work, rules-wise? i guess i'm technically still in control of the aura? weird
>>
>>325624192
>do you actually play historic?
Nope.
>>
>>325626161
>If an Aura enchants an object, changing control of the object doesn’t change control of the Aura
huh. good to know.
>>
>>325626161
Correct, only the creature itself gets stolen.

If someone permanently steals your creature that has an Equipment attached, you also remain in control of the equipment so you can use its Equip ability, the opponent can't.
>>
>>325626346
then let the chads speak.
>>
>>325626457
thanks, basedanon
>>
>>325626524
>Implying retards can speak.
>>
>>325626723
who pissed in your cereal this morning, king?
>>
File: file.png (116 KB, 656x1460)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
That's kinda kino, actually.
>>
File: 1385667482932.gif (2 MB, 388x268)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>Playing against Blue
>Bait out counters with smaller threats
>They counter them
>They behold the trannyverse to get more counters
Fuc
>>
>>325626893
My guesses.

Lorehold: Should archaeology be used as a leg up against the competition or for the sake of understanding history?

Alternatively.
Lorehold: Is it more important to to destroy past for the sake of current advancements? Or to preserve it for posterity?

Prismari: Is art more about knowledge or passion?

Silverquil: Are you better off boosting up your friends and giving moral support or shitting on your enemies and bringing them down? To put it in other words, is propaganda meant to rile your side up or to divide and confuse the other side?

Witherbloom: Well, this one is obvious. It's in the name.
>>
>>325627361
Or more lands. The trick is just to keep playing stuff.
>>
File: mm2-55-remand.jpg (239 KB, 672x936)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>325626893
>communications school
parchment face-shoving confirmed
>>
aurabros...
>>
>>325624253
Are you playing Cleansing Wildfire? I really like it with Orvar, it's basically a much better growth spiral
>>
>>325626893
>"Was math created or discovered"
>main conflict in math
it's literally just a philosophical question, mathematicians care about it very little
>>
>11 snow lands
>1 snow payoff
last time im drafting snow deck, fuck this
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.55 MB, 1366x768)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
juuuuuuuuuuuuuudgeeeee
>>
>>325628527
One of the main conflicts of math as a concept, not as a study. Dummy.
>>
>>325627604
>Zoltan Boros
>on a blue card instead of a RW one
Flavor fail, imho.
>>
>>325628237
Is this Alpha from The Walking Dead crossover?
>>
File: usg-96-show-and-tell.jpg (307 KB, 672x936)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>325586782
>people love to cheat big things into play
>people love vampires
>people love planeswalkers

just a matter of time to be honest
>>
File: Image.png (170 KB, 265x370)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
reprint it, cowards...
>>
>>325629798
This guy with Ruin Crab is devastating
>>
So lore-wise, a match of magic is two planeswalkers (players) sucking magic out of lands to summon creatures and cast spells, right?

So in that context, what are Sagas? Are you telling a story to the opponent? They have Terror of the Peaks hanging around, you start saying "Bro remember Elspeth? Remember how she died..." and Terror is like "oh fuck this" and goes away forever?
Then you end your story with her revival and one of your death monsters just digs out of a graveyard and says "cool story bro"?
>>
File: nowhere else to go but up.png (3.14 MB, 1680x1050)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB PNG
>>325624771
idk man I'm still going ham
>>
>>325630291
Sounds about right but I imagine the saga is told as an incantation
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.47 MB, 1366x768)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
based opponent
>>
File: file.png (439 KB, 1132x496)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
>>325630291
You're manifesting the story into a spell with appropriate effects like some bards do in some games. Pillars of Eternity bards, for example.
>>
>>325631291
PoE really should've been turnbased. The spells are all really cool and complex, but combat devolves into a complete mess being realtime.

inb4 brainlet turnfag
>>
>>325631926
Just go slow mode, bro. That's how everyone played it.

Also, PoE 2 has a turn based mode now, and some people love it. I'm still a RTwP chad, though. There are more than enough modern turn based games to go around.

Now they're making the Pillars of Eternity equivalent of an Elder Scrolls rip-off, though, which sucks major ass.
>>
>>325632583
i was playing on Slow and still had to pause all the time
>>
File: smirk.png (40 KB, 949x924)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>play Archon of Emeria against rampl player and pass the turn
>opponent plays their ramp spell
>taps the enchanted land for mana
>stops
>highlights Archon
>concedes
>>
ok trickery isnt working so we're going back to turn 4 dream trawler gain life control
>>
imagine playing monoblack vampires when Immersturm Predator is a Vampire
>>
>>325633586
Imagine your mom and your dad having sex
>>
>>325632887
Obviously. You're meant to pause.
>>
File: ab8.jpg (18 KB, 425x283)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>325624771
>Playing against Tibalt's with my 5-color shit Historic BO1
>T4 they find Crypt and they Tibalt it
>Pact of Negation
>Pass
>I play Ral Zarek
>They Tibalt it
>Polukranos goes in graveyard and I roll into free Emergent Ultimatum
>They insta-concede
>>
File: dgm-94-ral-zarek.jpg (272 KB, 672x936)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>325634912
>I play Ral Zarek
wait, how
>>
File: giphy.gif (1.58 MB, 450x338)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB GIF
>750g quest play red or White spells
Oh Baby.... Time to burn!
>>
>>325634204
mad lizzlesimp
>>
>>325634912
>BO1
you expect me to keep reading?
>>
>>325636359
Just cause it's a vampire don't mean it's good, like Vito or the other crap vampires in the tranny list. Also I, ataataata was the first one to play vampires and post about it, the dumb caked whore tranny only stole the idea and made it shit, like no crippling fears in the deck for example.
>>
>>325593607
Extremely based aggressive and grindy Elves. Why are Replicating Ring and Jaspera Sentinel here though?
>>
>hoogland streaming UB mutate
how can a man be this based
>>
>>325638243

Really no reason other than not having quite enough spells/creatures in the colors I need.
>>
File: izzetmemes.jpg (419 KB, 1892x674)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
>>325613879
The ultimate meme deck.
>>
File: MTGA_2021-02-23_10-17-20.jpg (514 KB, 2560x1106)
514 KB
514 KB JPG
>>
>>325640185
doomskar exists, you know?
>>
File: bolastrickery.png (1.2 MB, 1876x736)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>325613879
did you still want memes?
>>
File: MTGA_2021-02-23_10-32-13.jpg (656 KB, 2560x1440)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
Decline
*dabs*
>>
based sparkyposter
>>
File: MTGA_2021-02-23_10-45-41.jpg (698 KB, 2560x1440)
698 KB
698 KB JPG
Huh, it doesn't even ask if you can't pay.

This deck sucks and I spent a ton of wildcards. But it's fun
>>
ban rogues
>>
>>325643179
it's called rotation and it's happening in 7 months
>>
>>325643428
that's a long fucking time from now
>>
File: rotato.png (35 KB, 1125x421)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>325643428
>he thinks rotation will save him from rogues
wew lad
>>
As a new player, what should I be spending gold on? Which packs should I be focusing on getting?
>>
>>325643631
I know but that's reality
if you really hate rogues that much, please consider taking a break from standard or just mtg entirely
>>
>>325643832
I wish you'd hang yourself, in truth.
>>
>>325643179
literally the 8th best deck in standard.
>>
>>325643901
literally the number 1 most annoying deck in standard. some things should be banned just for being boring. simple as.
>>
>>325643794
losing the 2 mana counterspell/doomblade + Thieves Guild Enforcer + Lurrus absolutely kills the deck

>>325643892
I wish you'd do the same but we can't all what we want anon
>>
File: wheres the fun.png (1.08 MB, 1680x1050)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
any psychopaths in the chat
>>
Here’s a couple Kaldheim prerelease codes for anyone who wants them.
>>
>>325644036
untrue
>>
Man I just fucking hate when opponent plays a deck. I want to play the game, but then the opponent plays some fucking cards and ruins it
>>
>>325644076
rogues players like you deserve to die. it's just a simple truth.
>>
>>325643796
If you want short term gain, Eldraine is probably your best bet. If you want long term investment, spend it on draft so you can practice and git gud, it becomes the best bang for your buck if you're decent at it.
>>
>>325644121
got the second one, cheers lad
>>
As wotc printed a single new burn to the face spell since eldraine? I don't like how they're removing that reach and just printing stuff that hits creatures/pws these days.
>>
>>325644186
I don't play rogues, I don't even play standard actually
>>
>>325644121
bro i didnt even have my client open...you know how long that things to launch
>>
>>325644448
are you jokign
every creature has reach now
what do you think anax and maul and showdown are
what do you think the purpose of retard haven was
>>
>>325644179
this post reeks of rogues lol

>>325644535
he's not talking about Reach. He's saying that he wishes burn spells had the reach to burn any target, instead of only creatures and planeswalkers.
>>
>>325644121
Got the first one, thanks my dude.
>>
>>325644448
banning uro is the equivalient to printing 3 burn spells
>>
>>325644590
YOU STUP[ID NIGGER I KNOW WHAT REACH IS
GOD YOURE FUCKING STUPID
>>
>>325644448
>>325644652
And the result iiiiis https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid&order=name&q=oracle%3A%22to+any+target%22+%28type%3Ainstant+OR+type%3Asorcery%29+color%3DR+legal%3Astandard+%28set%3Akhm+OR+set%3Aznr+OR+set%3Aiko+OR+set%3Athb+OR+set%3Am21%29

>>325644535
That's the thing. I hate how they took out the viable strategy of burning the opponent's face in favor of swinging with a unga bunga creature with embercleave. Also fuck off with those white cards.
>>
>>325644725
are you sure? because you mentioned anax, as if he has the ability to target the opponent's face.
>>
File: YYwiugb.jpg (217 KB, 1792x1008)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>325644382
Jesus these prices.
>>
>>325645089
>quick draft
you want premier draft. 10k entry.
>>
>>325645223
>10k entry.
Is there any way to practice doing drafts without spending an assload of money? I don't even really know how to build decks yet.
>>
File: MTGA_2021-02-23_11-18-54.jpg (672 KB, 2560x1440)
672 KB
672 KB JPG
For a second I thought this was a bug. My creatures are still indestructible a turn or two later. But Chance For Glory actually doesn't say "until end of turn", they just straight up gain the keyword.

Dare I say, that's pretty neat. Tier 1 soon anons!
>>
>>325645428
Unfortunately not. Watch some youtube videos and read some limited guides for the set before diving in. You do get to keep every card you draft, plus the rewards, so it tends to be worth it anyway.
>>
File: YES YES YES.png (1.55 MB, 2150x604)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>alt tab into MTGA
>it opens in my native resolution (5kx1440)

okay how do I get it to STAY like this? I've had it happen before but I cant ever get the resolution to stick. it always defaults back to like 2500x1440
>>
>>325645428
17lands.com
>>
File: MTGA_2021-02-23_11-29-03.jpg (731 KB, 2560x1440)
731 KB
731 KB JPG
I was literally just about to post about how I like Stonecoil against rogues, and he stole it with a 3mana Mind Control effect which usually costs 5-6 mana for that kind of effect (and is ususally reversible by destroying the enchantment aura).
And before I can even post, he follows it up with a 2mana hard counter (that effect normally costs 3 mana).

It's really dumb that wotc lets months go by with this deck doing whatever it wants, being an efficient tempo deck in a format that doesn't usually have those and having like 4 axis it can attack on just by virtue of existing rather than any sort of actual decision. It's the worst kind of card/deck design.

Complaining about rogues is old news but damn, sometimes you realize that he really did just play a 3mana mind control followed by a 2mana hard counter and you feel like a complete fucking moron for playing anything else besides rogues or yorion. Like you're a fucking moron for not playing the broken decks that are steps above anything else.
>>
>>325646038
did you try the graphics options?
>>
>>325646915
>and you feel like a complete fucking moron for playing anything else besides rogues or yorion. Like you're a fucking moron for not playing the broken decks that are steps above anything else.
You should feel like a fucking moron for building decks like these >>325573112 and then getting shocked when you get BTFO.
>>
>>325647158
I've tried setting it manually in Run command yes. there is no 5k option in normal settings. it stops at 2kx1440
>>
>>325647326
You are still seething you got called out for being a samefag. Amazing. Days later. You shouldn't let things affect you so much anon, it's bad for your health.
>>
File: 234234.png (50 KB, 744x647)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>325578498
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>325646915
I'm sure there are lots of people who don't want to play rogues or yorion but they feel they need to just to compete. Which is a vicious cycle that feeds itself as everyone is then playing the same two decks. It kind of sucks right now but there are a few other tier 2 decks that are ok at least.
>>
Tibalts fuckery is officially the fastest way to farm your 15 daily wins.
People even insta concede when they see you mulligan down to 3 and play a red/x scry land first turn.
>>
File: MTGA_2021-02-23_12-00-31.jpg (658 KB, 2560x1440)
658 KB
658 KB JPG
mmmm feels so good. Imagine trying as hard as possible by playing rogues in the unranked playtest lobby and still losing.

mmmmmmm feels good. Rogue players are truly scum and the rogue player who is offended by me saying this often that responds to all my posts is included.
>>
Wow, he’s actually a piece of shit.

I didn’t care, but damn.
>in bronze
>saying this
>>
>>325649607
based kooba fighting the good fight against the rogues menace
>>
>>325645629
Yeah. They figured that since it’s supposed to end the game, it’s fine.
>>
>>325645428
draftsim.com will give you a feel for the archtypes and cards in the format
>>
>>325649804
He was in bronze yesterday. Hit platinum today.
>>
>>325649804
then stop posting your inane tweets
>>
>>325649804
>I didn't care
>going out of your way to find his tweets and post them here
you clearly do
>>
>>325650768
I didn’t care.
Now I think he’s a piece of shit.
Note the difference?
Past tense? Present tense?
>>
>>325646915
>Complaining about 8th best deck
>>
>>325651239
you cared before, its why you were trawling his twitter account for something to post here
now please shut up and dont post it again
>>
>>325651239
>I didn't care, so I searched his tweets, got mad about and now I do care
lol
>>
>>325651239
you cared enough to check his twitter dude
get that guy out of your head
>>
>>325651342
>>325651352
>>325651467
You guys know how Twitter works, right?
You know that you don’t have to be following someone or searching their tweets to see them on your timeline, right?
You know that Twitter has an algorithm and shit, right?

You can’t all be this fuckin stupid, surely.
>>
>>325651682
how about you stop going on niggerer and looking for things to hate
just go play a video game instead
read a book
>>
>>325651682
>You guys know how Twitter works, right?
why the fuck would we? what Twitter has to do with Magic the Gathering Arena?
>>
>>325651682
>using twitter after what they did to the donald
?
>>
>>325651926
They announce stuff on their Twitters.
>>
File: MTGA_2021-02-23_12-26-32.jpg (479 KB, 2560x1440)
479 KB
479 KB JPG
Not pictured is a Binding of the Old gods that is on the field, as well as a Skyclave Apparition and another Binding that are in exile. People who play shit like this are so braindead. Not that every single standard deck isn't braindead because that's just part of standard format, but this always strikes me as particularly such.

Still managed to win though. Had a turn where I discarded 3 things to the same Hollowblade, but that's what ended up getting there.

Remember to dab on removal piles anon
>>
>>325652141
1/10 /pol/niggerbait
>>
>>325645428
You want to watch others draft that know what they're doing. Quite frankly, Ben Stark is the best regarding teaching the viewer with hands on experience. Next, Kaldheim is quite a complex format, you're both challenging and rewarding yourself by learning this format. A solid plan of learning is: The top commons, the archetypes (Focus on UR, UGx, RW, BR, and WB, the control and aggro archetypes), and then get a sense of pick orders by watching some drafts.
>>
how can it be 1/10 bait if you reply AND give me a (You)?
>>
>>325652627
Get a load of this guy
>>
>>325648023
See: >>325627442
>>
>>325645428
>>325652467
>WB
Starnheim is the worst archetype by a margin. Your payoffs aren't that good when you get them to work, your creatures are small, basically no card draw, mulliganing hurts you doubly because it will make double-speling much less likely, etc. Avoid Orzhov at all costs.
>>
File: kek.jpg (265 KB, 1246x666)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
I gave in and crafted the deck. This is some really silly Magic and I enjoy it. I wonder when it gets banned but before that I'm gonna get my 15 daily wins in less than an hour each day.
>>
>>325653278
I don't think it's a good idea to avoid Starnheim at all costs. If it's the open lane, it's probably still a good idea to take it. The archetype is not THAT horrible. You give me two Firja's picks where every other card sucks balls and I'll play Starnheim Double Spell any day of the week. This isn't a "Green in BFZ situation"

But yes, generally speaking, you should avoid Starnheim. Or hell, just Black, in general, tbqh
>>
Assuming you get no Immersturm Predator or Firja's Retribution, what's worse between Immersturm and Starnheim?
>>
>>325652354
Kill yourself.
>>
>>325648023
UR - Thought vs Emotion
WB - Brotherhood vs Individualism
GB - Life vs Death
RW - Rules vs Freedom
UG - Natural vs Synthetic

All of them make some sense except for archaeology which seems like a stretch. How can you have archaeologists if half of them don't give a shit about the archaeology? Some of them are in it for the civilizations of the past, some are just in it for the adventure? Also communications is 100% UB more than WB, which would be business majors.
>>
File: MTGA_2021-02-23_12-47-37.jpg (679 KB, 2560x1440)
679 KB
679 KB JPG
lmao. Just vomit your hand and then play your functional Counterspell reprint. God it's fucking Doom Blade too when you need it to be. It's better than Counterspell. And of course every retard plays this deck, I've only played a handful of games today and like half of them have been against this deck. People are so soulless. It makes me sad.
>>
>>325654313
>RW - Rules vs Freedom
> except for archaeology which seems like a stretch. How can you have archaeologists if half of them don't give a shit about the archaeology?
Something something REALLY wild Indiana Jones
>>
>>325654313
While you're not technically wrong, you're being too abstract. Read: >>325626893
>>
>>325654432
>I want to have lifegain pay-offs
>But I also want to have +1/+1 counter pay-offs
Never heard of the Jack of all Trades tale, Kooba?
>>
>>325654432
Kooba, your decks suck.
>>
>>325654585
>>325654648
I'd think his horrible deck building would be charming if it wasn't for the fact it was tied up with him regularly whining that people play decks that aren't garbage like his lol
>>
File: reminder.jpg (74 KB, 547x581)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Do your dailies!
>>
kooba should be more like me and instead of incessantly complaining about rogues he should post his cool spider tribal decks
>>
File: lel.jpg (222 KB, 1083x598)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>325653468
This is the third time today I met this poor guy and he keeps hitting garbage.
>>
>>325653847
Immersturm is a good aggro deck if you get some equipment and a decent curve, I'd play it all day every day unless white is really, really open (and even then, the white creatures that aren't fliers are just so bad)
>>
File: this is getting silly.jpg (298 KB, 1267x687)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>325655125
Match number four but this time the tables have turned!
>>
>>325653278
Not at all because how the meta in Kaldheim limited works. Blue Snow Control is so absurdly strong that the only archetypes that compete with it are extreme aggro. Wx is one of these archetypes because of how hard it focuses on aggro. It leans heavily on white but Black has aggro roleplayers like Draugr helm, Kennel Master, Demonic Embrace, Village Rites, Infernal Pet, and the 1/1 berserker guy.
>>
>>325654454
My whole world is abstract fren
>>
>>325649804

>gets paid by wotc to stream all day
>inflated viewer numbers thanks to chinese viewbots, paid for by wotc to inflate mtga twitch viewer numbers

Literally the eternal anglo, imagine unironically watching that creep
>>
>>325655310
Kill yourself
>>
>>325655563
Just because the meta is aggro or snow doesn't mean the worst aggro archetype is playable, anon.
>Draugr helm, Kennel Master
Good cards in any aggro deck, don't need white for it
>Demonic Embrace
Only good with the black elf bear, don't need white for it
>Village Rites
Not an aggro card, not that good in WB either because if you're double-spelling with it you're probably not using it to dodge removal
>Infernal Pet
A bad card that's ok if you make the rest of your deck bad
>the 1/1 berserker guy
A mediocre card that's good if you make the rest of your deck bad
Just play WR or RB or RG and drop the "double spell" gimmick
>>
>>325654432
>noooooo you can't have payoffs for putting 1/1s and 0/3s in your deck, nooooooooo
>>
>>325655310
Fair point, I guess I was thinking more on Starnheim being a better double spell deck than Immersturm is a sacrifice deck.

Is it really that much to ask for a decent sacrifice deck in draft? I don't mean Standard, you don't need to have a Viscera Seer tier guy, but a bunch of Threaten effects at common and some cool sacrifice pay-offs that only cost 1 to sac other creatures would be neat.
>>
>>325657796
>Viscera Seer
???
>>
>>325657796
Kill yourself.
>>
File: thanks maro.jpg (226 KB, 1262x697)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>tfw not even taking mulligans anymore because MTGA pairs you against Trickery decks all the time and nothing matters
>>
>>325645428
Don’t do drafts if you’re new. Spend time in historic and spend gold on packs. People who INSIST that you must do draft even if you don’t even know what you’re doing probably just want to farm you for easy wins.
>>
>>325657796
>look, ma! I did it again!
she's proud, anon. she's proud.
>>
>>325659062
Edit
Spend time in casual*
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.53 MB, 1366x768)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>that mountain art where you just KNOW it's goblins
>>
>12-3 against UW Control
people need to stop doing this to themselves
>>
friendly reminder to my last rogue-playing opponent: the real reason to play historic rogues is fatal push, not those fancy energy cards you played
>>
File: Untitled.png (986 KB, 1366x768)
986 KB
986 KB PNG
IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN, MT. CHADS

ANOTHER 5-WIN, ANOTHER GUESSING GAME
>>
File: MTGA_2021-02-23_14-18-02.jpg (675 KB, 2560x1440)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
Yorion players really are scum. He's roping because his sideboard, which he has taken a look at for the second time now, doesn't have an answer to tibalt. He already fetched a Shadow's Verdict from it earlier. As if playing the obvious best deck isn't already enough of a scumbag move, they rope when things don't go their way.

I think arena just isn't for me. I've been playing magic for over 12 years now and arena is just frustrating. Standard is the worst format of magic and always has been, people are soulless chimpanzees clicking the roulette wheel over and over instead of playing anything interesting, and the online format here with no human interaction encourages this. People have no real incentive to not play yorion/rogues because this isn't a social setting. There's no positive or negative social reinforcement for what you play.

I think I just started playing this automatically because mtg was already such a large hobby for me, but over time I've realized that arena sucks the things I like about the game out if it. I just mindlessly face rogues and yorion all day. Magic the gathering standard format isn't interesting or difficult enough and doesn't have enough skill expression to be a fun game on it's own, so when you remove the social aspect of the hobby, there's not much left.

I have fun when I play mtg in real life, because it's an excuse to joke around and talk and then go get dinner or whatever after. On Arena, I find myself sitting here frustrated that all of my opponenents are playing the same brainless shit over and over and I play the same brainless shit over and over because everyone's playing standard at a time in the game's history where wotc has been pushing powerful cards that don't require thought.

"Roping" also doesn't exist in real life. Judges give slow play warnings and people stop inviting you to play at all eventually.

Tldr is that arena is honestly just lame and so are the people who play it.
>>
>>325663730
gems
>>
>>325664428
I've had many of the same thoughts, which is why I stick to limited mostly.
>>
File: 1590084023026.gif (520 KB, 265x370)
520 KB
520 KB GIF
>>325664428
The easiest solution is to quickly concede then move on to the next game. There's literally no reason keeping you in quickplay game beyond "I want to continue playing."
There are no penalties for just snap conceding and moving on.
I see someone playing rogues and I'm not in the mood? Concede.
Yorion? Concede.
I will also concede to people who are obviously playing starter decks, because fuck the matchmaker pairing them with me.
As >>325665152 said, limited is where its at if you can afford to play it. Much more fun, although its still tilting when you play people who have absolutely busted decks. The comforting thing is knowing that they'll only get to win with them 7 times before it gets recycled.
>>
File: Storm's Wrath.png (182 KB, 265x370)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
I only run one Storm's Wrath because it's saved my ass a few times. Lately I've been running into many situations where I've need a Storm's Wrath. Should I up the amount of Storm's Wraths I'm playing based on my match history? I think I read somewhere that altering your deck based on your experience is actually bad. Like it's fallacious thinking or something like that.
>>
>>325663505
I thought it was thoughseize
>>
>>325664428
>he exiled yorion with tibalt
you're a yorion player now, kooba
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (29 KB, 223x310)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>325657992
Believe it or not, this dude was a threat back in the day

>>325658365
>>325659107
Seethe more lol
>>
>>325656452
It's the worst aggro archetype and 5th best color pair. Kaldheim is big on deck building focus, not just a goodstuff format. Black is trash but it can support aggro decks.
>Draugr helm, Kennel Master
>Good cards in any aggro deck, don't need white for it
Anon, white is the best aggro color. Of course you're playing these in your white aggro decks if you're getting passed late helms and open black.
>Demonic Embrace
>Only good with the black elf bear, don't need white for it
It's a combat trick, it's solid in all of your aggro decks and also has synergy with Shieldmate, one of your other solid 2 drops.
>Village Rites
>Not an aggro card, not that good in WB either because if you're double-spelling with it you're probably not using it to dodge removal
It does both and gives value with token makers, which are some of your better 2 drops in clarion spirit and shieldmate
>Infernal Pet
>A bad card that's ok if you make the rest of your deck bad
It's totally fine, aggro decks naturally double spell in this format.
>the 1/1 berserker guy
>A mediocre card that's good if you make the rest of your deck bad
You mean filling your deck with a lot of 1 and 2 drops, that you'll naturally do in an aggro deck? This is usually a 3/3 and sometimes a 5/5 for two, and this is one of the 2 archetypes where that is true.
>Just play WR or RB or RG and drop the "double spell" gimmick
What draft are you choosing your colors like this? If you're in aggro white and you see open black you move in and you have a trophy capable archetype. RG is also significantly worse than White aggro archetypes. It's also rare that you're forced into aggro when you're in green, so it's not nearly going to even come up as the correct choice as much as WB even.
>>
File: Untitled.png (990 KB, 1366x768)
990 KB
990 KB PNG
>>325664775
not even close to a full playset, lad
>>
>>325666885
Infernal Pet is pretty bad, bruh. It's just a trap, honestly. Even in the most focused Starnheim decks, you don't want it.
>>
>>325666124
>I think I read somewhere that altering your deck based on your experience is actually bad.
only when its a snap decision based on a single game, if you are consistently finding yourself short a boardwipe and losing because of it then try adding in another one and see where it gets you.
>>
>>325666124
>>325667410
Yeah, that kind of advice is to not let a small sample size color your experiences. If you are having multiple games where you assess that you would be better off with X card and you're correct, then changing the deck build makes sense.
>>
>>325551010
how is mono red outperforming yorion piles and sac/rakdos? I can't imagine it winning against naya adventures or goldspan too when they all pack a million interaction
>>
>>325668982
mono-red is good BECAUSE of yorion piles. and it outperforms naya because it has a better yorionpile matchup than naya does.
>>
>>325666885
>Anon, white is the best aggro color.
No, that would be red. It has decently sized creatures and much better removal.
>It's a combat trick, it's solid in all of your aggro decks and also has synergy with Shieldmate, one of your other solid 2 drops.
There are half a dozen better combat tricks in the set, the only reason to play it is because of synergies, getting a "free" 1/1 token is much worse than the 2/2 the elf produces
>clarion spirit
An uncommon and not even a good one, it's rated as high as sarulf's packmate by people, which is just a common. And packmate requires 0 building around, you just need to be in green.
>It's totally fine, aggro decks naturally double spell in this format.
They don't, unless they're playing mostly 1-2 drops, which means you basically lose as soon as your opponent drops a big green creature that blocks well
>You mean filling your deck with a lot of 1 and 2 drops, that you'll naturally do in an aggro deck?
You want some 1 and 2 drops, not just any you can get. If you have a deck with 4+ one-drops, it's probably not a good one, unless you're very equipment and rune-heavy.
>RG is also significantly worse than White aggro archetypes.
It may be less explosive, but if the games go to turn 6+ then the RG's winrate will be much better than WB's
>It's also rare that you're forced into aggro when you're in green, so it's not nearly going to even come up as the correct choice as much as WB even.
That's true, you're not forced into aggro with green because the creatures have better statlines, so you can do aggro if you want but also choose the lategame because green has access to a 6/6 for 6 that gains 4 life while white has a 3/6 vigilance for 6
>>
>>325670725
White is definitely the best aggro color. Stopped reading your post right there. Not even the guy you're replying to.
>>
I'm pretty new to this game and never played paper magic so correct me if I'm missing something, but it's bonkers to me that this game is designed this way. Limited in MTGA:
>by far the most fun way to play the game. way more play variety, use almost all of a set's card pool, all the within-set mechanics and synergies are at their best
>...also the most gem/money-contingent way to play
>...and how much you actually get to play per gem is dependent on how well you do, both because gem rewards and because going 0-3 is 4 to 6 fewer games than reaching 6+ wins
>...meaning more experienced players get to reap the benefit of free to cheap drafting while new, inexperienced players feed them gems and get less enjoyment per dollar while also getting less practice per dollar
>...meaning unskilled drafters are incentivized to "rare draft" to get the most out of their gems rather than engage with the format in the most enjoyable way
Just nonsensical. I'm not suggesting that the reason is that Wizards is greedy. They're making less money than they could be making. It's a system where the hardcore players have less reason to pay while new players are less likely to experience the game at its best and stay around. Offer an optional per-set subscription for endless drafting/sealed where you don't keep the cards and they make more money. With the current model I'm resolutely f2p but $20 each set without the stress of "fuck if I go 2-3 here I won't get to draft any more for a few days and will have to get my daily win gold through constructed chore mode" would be an easy purchase. Rant over.
>>
https://www.hipstersofthecoast.com/2020/06/wizards-bans-7-cards-that-depict-racism-including-invoke-prejudice/

I got mad like 20 different times reading this, it was truly impressive.
>>
>>325671598
The problem is that drafting sucks balls when it's like that. What's stopping people from just doing a draft, giving up if they don't have a deck with 2 rares and 2 mythics, and keep replaying until they have it?

The risk and reward genuinely makes it better. Just do like me and save up coins for the next set. Have some patience.
>>
>>325671598
People have been asking for ghost drafts forever, at this point it probably won't happen.
>>
File: 079.png (123 KB, 475x475)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>325671798
>>
>>325671598
Wizards made MTGA to make money

Better players being rewarded makes sense

There are massive amounts of free resources to help you get better at draft, a lot of them are even specific to the current draft format.
>>
>>325672031
yeah i don't really know how i stumbled upon this today, but goddamn
>>
File: skeletontribal.png (828 KB, 1083x592)
828 KB
828 KB PNG
I wish I had more barons :(
>>
>>325672263
i'd craft some lands first :)
>>
>>325672671
theres 24 if you count the 2 face cards, and I only need 4 to play the whole deck
>>
>cast sublime epiphany choosing all modes
>opponent concedes

I wonder how many times I've had this exact same end to a game
this time it was mutate combo
>counter vadrok, counter pollywog trigger, bounce pollywog, draw a card, copy a sad robot
>>
>>325672770
kek
>>
>Destroying creatures of a specific color is problematic
>Devil is a slur
>Gypsy is a slur
>Jihadis are white, now
>>
>>325671798
I'm more pissed about stone throwing devils than anything else on that list, I literally won my first tournament by casting Hatred for 19 on Stone Throwing Devils
>>
>>325673171
Getting rid of Jihad and Crusade was absolutely so stupid considering Jihad is actually mechanically on point to an actual Jihad.
>>
>>325673417
If they didn't get rid of Jihad, the /pol/niggers would have gone "OOOOOOOOOOH, SO JIHAD IS OK, BUT NOT THE CRUSADES!? WHITE GENOCIDE"

That's obviously why it got got.
>>
>>325673171
>>Devil is a slur
"Stone-Throwing Devil" is apparently an obscure Israeli slur playing on one of the rituals of the Hajj. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoning_of_the_Devil
>>
>>325672943
i haven't had any problems with land so far, 24 seems like plenty for a deck that tops out at 5 cmc for a kicked mosspit skeleton
>>
File: alrunds epiphany x6.jpg (666 KB, 1909x1065)
666 KB
666 KB JPG
Post fun decks
>>
>>325673171
Obligatory
>>
>>325673487
It's just absolutely fucking stupid though because from a loose understanding of what I read and interpret of it is that a Jihad is a struggle and can be either external or an internal struggle. Like fuck you can do somethinng like declare a personal Jihad on alcoholism or your homework assignment or something, once that struggle has been defeated then the Jihad is over.
>>
File: Valakut Machinegun.jpg (187 KB, 1105x658)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>325673797
>>
>>325673889
That's all well above a /pol/nigger's understanding, my dude. The whole decision was stupid on an infinite amount of levels, but it's also something that genuinely doesn't matter.
>>
>>325673171
If they thought Cleanse and Imprison was in reference to black people then I wonder who the real racists are. Nobody was fucking thinking of black people when playing with those cards.
>>
>>325673797
sometimes u just gettem
>>
>what do you mean people see racism in everything these days?
u n s e t t l i n g
s k i n
c o l o r
>>
>>325673684
anon the bait already worked once, relax
>>
>>325673861
that article says mcneill's art often used reverent nazi imagery. where is it? certainly not on any of his magic art
>>
Is quick or premier draft more bang for my buck?
>>
>>325674804
Quick is more bang for your buck, but it's a horrible experience. If you have any love for the actual process of drafting and not just muh value, Premier is 100% the correct choice.
>>
>>325674643
Check his artist's homepage. He's uhhhh.....an interesting case.
>>
why hasnt anyone made an esika deck that uses happily ever after as a wincon
>>
>>325674243
>waking the trolls and lithoform engine
im gonna need a list senpai
>>
>>325674243
opponent could have killed you bro
>>
>Noooo why isn't my exile spells working
>You can't just sac stuff before I remove it
>>
>0 wins easily 10 games and more
I fucking suck at deckbuilding.
DON'T CRAFT ORVAR! ABSOLUTE MEME CARD.
>>
>>325675219
based Ataataata
>>
File: Raoh.PNG.png (120 KB, 300x300)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>325675219
>Cat oveniggerdom
What happened to you, Ataataata? You used to be based?
>>
>>325675190
perhaps he could've
>>325675175
Deck
2 Solemn Simulacrum (M21) 239
4 Waking the Trolls (KHM) 234
4 Genesis Ultimatum (IKO) 189
3 Cultivate (M21) 177
4 Scorching Dragonfire (ELD) 139
1 Moritte of the Frost (KHM) 223
4 Migration Path (IKO) 164
4 Ketria Triome (IKO) 250
4 Island (JMP) 49
3 Mountain (JMP) 65
4 Forest (JMP) 74
4 Cragcrown Pathway (ZNR) 261
4 Barkchannel Pathway (KHM) 251
4 Riverglide Pathway (ZNR) 264
4 Gadwick, the Wizened (ELD) 48
4 Storm's Wrath (THB) 157
3 Fae of Wishes (ELD) 44

Sideboard
1 Chromatic Orrery (M21) 228
1 Lithoform Engine (ZNR) 245
1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon (M21) 1
1 Tormod's Crypt (M21) 241
1 Double Vision (M21) 142
1 Cosmos Elixir (KHM) 237
1 Kiora Bests the Sea God (THB) 52
1 Battle of Frost and Fire (KHM) 204
1 The Akroan War (THB) 124
1 The World Tree (KHM) 275
1 Eerie Ultimatum (IKO) 184
2 Once and Future (ELD) 168
1 Inspired Ultimatum (IKO) 191
1 Ruinous Ultimatum (IKO) 204
>>
>>325675171
because it promotes racemixing
>>
>>325675371
the historic meta right now is either sacdos or yorion pile so I can't really blame him
>>
>>325675219
UW Control is so fucking bad. easily the worst deck that people insist on playing. it's (no pun intended) baffling
>>
>>325675259
Tergrid sucks too
Like go ahead steal my shit after I sac it I don't give a fuck

>>325675371
It's a version with immersturm predator but I've only played meme decks so far where he didn't get to do much
>>
File: salty.png (860 KB, 1858x1080)
860 KB
860 KB PNG
Damn, top 500 players always seem salty. He started spamming nice to me when I countered his CoCo with drown in loch in the first game.
>>
File: 1488182700046.png (200 KB, 880x586)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>325675545
no but really
it seems so obvious
esika decks play planeswalkers, its a 5 color permanent, it buys you time
I haven't because I don't have any esikas and am anal retentive about mythic rare wildcards but surely the thought has crossed some other johnny's mind, right
>>
>>325675834
i say Nice! each and every time catoven gets activated, dont @ me bro
>>
I am struggling a bit with my golgari deathtouch deck.
Maybe it's because I am lacking the hooded snake, but I noticed that if I don't get Fynn I am toothless. Is there a way to pump your whole board in black green?
>>
Also I netdecked an auras version with call of the death dweller from pioneer and modified it cause I think claim/fame is kinda shit. Works pretty well.
>>
>>325675858
HEA has other conditions beyond having a color permanent.

And it draws your opponent a card.
>>
>>325676731
Yeah but those conditions aren't hard, the hardest is gaining life and even then that's not even that hard. I used to do it all the time with Tamiyo and Planewide Celebration before Teferi and Wilderness Rec got banned, it was kinda easy really.
>>
>>325676597
claim is good. not as good post-uro ban because there's a lot less thoughtseizes, but still good.

i'm also certain that alseid is wrong.
>>
>>325674643
Also on the Wizards card database invoke prejudice was #1488
>>
hi gamers have you thought about containment priest + divine gambit today
2/2 flash that makes your WW into terminate that hits artifacts and enchantos and then because your opponent doesnt read cards it makes them exile the best card in their hand
does it make you thinky winky
>>
>>325677469
i admit that part was funny
>>
>>325677480
i think about containment priest every day, king. the problem is she always hurts my own decks in some way.
>>
>>325676981
Alseid is great, allows you to go push through or defends your big creature and you can build it up as a threat too.
>>
>>325677480
You should never play a bad card to make another bad card good (priest is alright, but gambit is effectively a dead card) unless the combo wins you the game.
>>
>>325677782
what if its funny and we're bored
>>
>>325677826
Don't get me wrong, I'm already running priest and stuff like deputy of detention in historic. If you want to jank it up then go for it, just don't expect anything amazing.
>>
>>325677746
obviously, but not in this deck.

you don't even have room for 4 dogs and dog is far better than alseid
>>
>>325677746
It’s also an enchantment I dunno what the retard is talking about it’s fine.
>>
>>325678003
>21 lands, 20 if you're feeling cheeky
>8 sram/spiritdancer
>4 seize
>20 auras? 21 is defensible, less than 19 is oh shit nigger what are you doing tier
that's 53 cards.

tell me again where you fit alseid. note that:
1) you want some number of Eidolons, dogs, and Claim // Fame
2) Alseid makes you leave mana up, when the entire point of orzhov is being able to tap out every turn while still protecting your stuff
>>
File: skeletonvself.png (2.96 MB, 1920x1080)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB PNG
I hate elf
>>
>>325678547
Oh I guess I’m retarded I didn’t know it was orzhov carry on.
>>
>>325677480
> your opponent doesnt read cards
But what if your opponent read the card and put a Ugin or a Great henge into play?
>>
>>325678719
in azorius he's ez 4x, but azorius sucks desu
>>
>>325678861
they dont because they're playing against me
my decks are intimidating enough
>>
>>325678641
same desu but they make people play interaction which is good.

i would love to watch angels vs elves just trying to outgoldfish each other
>>
>>325679269
Angel would probably win because of their flyers, Elves can't really touch them.
>>
>It's another Yorion episode
>>
>opponent gets me down to 0 cards in hand with discard and 4 life left
>my only permanents are 2x double vision, with 1 card foretold in exile, and 6 lands on the board
>opponent has 5 lands and tegrids lantern and a 7/3 nighthawk scavenger

and thus, six of my turns-in-a-row later, I won the game
turns is a fun deck
alrund's epiphany is such a blowout
>>
Built that shipwreck doswer blood on the snow deck posted here. Its fucking terrible. Can't beat izzet, can't beat yorion. Stalemates rogues, loses to RDW on curve I am so pissed I wasted wild cards on this.
>>
>marshall strim
let's get comfy bros
>>
>>325681461
>built that deck posted here
OH NO NO NO
>>
>>325681461
>6 mana sorcery doesn't beat retarded counterspell aggro
who could've predicted this
>>
>>325681461
Anon...
>>
who's ready for some SOUL

https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid&order=name&q=artist%3Auna
>>
>>325682427
https://scryfall.com/search?q=artist%3Auna+f%3Ahistoric&unique=cards&as=grid&order=name
How is this relevant to Arena?
>>
>>325680340
and it's going to be for another 7 months
I fucking hate yorion so goddamn much
>>
>>325681738
>he put icebreaker kraken into his deck
literally worse than berg strider
>>
>>325682674
its sealed right? he might not have much choice
that said, icebreaker kraken is an instant cut in sealed no matter what fucking decklist you got. You'd need 16+ snowlands just for it to be a BAD card, instead its an UNPLAYABLE dead card in hand
basically the only thing you can do with it is discard it to your opponents skull raid
>>
>>325682598
retard
>>
>>325682598
soulless post
>>
>>325683161
>>325683235
This is the MTG Arena general, as indicated by the title. Please move discussion about different games elsewhere.
>>
File: I bet I could smoke you.png (2.37 MB, 1561x867)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
remember when they added special ui for happily ever after and then no one else played it ever again
>>
>>325683734
no
>>
>>325682980
Nope, it was the BO3 draft he played just before
>>
>>325684012
oh then he deserves to be shot
icebreaker kraken should be last pick
>>
>>325682674
lsv took kraken yesterday
>>
>>325674327
>unsettling skin color
That’s pretty racist to the undead.
>>
File: MR BONES WILD RIDE.jpg (610 KB, 1911x1075)
610 KB
610 KB JPG
>>
>>325673889
That’s a more modern interpretation but the original really was about conquering non-Muslims and having them submit to Allah. The crusades were a reaction to Jihad.
>>
The Akroan War is a fucking bullshit card.
>>
>>325678547
19 lands is way enough for decks that just sling spells all day long. 17 creatures, 19 auras and 3-5 utility spells.
>>
File: Life sucks, drop out.png (137 KB, 465x996)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
Can I fucking stop drawing 8 god damn lands in my caps at 3 mana aggro deck already holy shit
>>
>>325686948
>sideboard thoughtseizes
jesus
>>
A friend got me to install Cockatrice and it’s honestly pretty great. If you’re frustrated with Arena try that.
>>
>>325686948
>sideboard seizes
>less than 4 ghostforms and yet a valor which is a far worse ghostform
>alseid
>blessings
Anon, please. Orzhov lets you proactively protect your stuff while tapping out, through the combination of claim, seize, dog, and ghostform. don't force yourself to leave up mana for spells that your opponent may or may not have. let azorius auras worry about that.
>>
>>325686778
control in general is way too overtuned right now

>3 mana board wipe
>4 mana steal a creature for 2 turns, be able to attack, or suicide block, or sac it, then kill all their other creatures
>4 mana destroy any nonland permanent and ramp yourself with mana fixing
>5 mana exile anything, lock opponent out of noncreatures, then recur your own shit
>4 mana exile board wipe
>>
>>325686948
also play 4 srams. Eidolon, Ghostform, Sentinel's Eyes, Lurrus mean you can actively use the legendary rule to your advantage. it's not ideal but it will come up a lot.
>>
File: jund tibalt ramp.png (1.07 MB, 1915x537)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
Kinda wanna make a historic deck that tries to ramp to tibalt as fast as possible while getting shit in graveyards along the way. This is what I have but it seems like it's not really gonna work.
>>
Just went up with a guy running nothing but land, Do you think he is afk botting and just trying to farm wins on mobile fags?
>>
>>325687986
what in tarnation is robber doing there
>>
>>325687986
Just play Historic Sultai Ultimatum.
>>
>>325687986
>ramp to tibalt
>but with no ramp except for some mana creatures
>>
What's the problem, flan faggot? You don't like being spammed "your go" while you're losing after spamming "your go" when you thought you were winning? Suck my dick, bitch.
>>
>>325688217
idk just a creature that let's me grab their shit early and has reach, I'd take recommendations for better 2 drops.
>>325688352
Gross
>>325688387
Good point, I tend to try to run a lot of removal but I should grab some shit to grab lands
>>
>>325688491
>he thinks people that spam emotes don't have enemy emotes disabled
ayy lmao
>>
>>325688538
just play cultivate, you don't want many 2-drops with goose + llanowar anyway
>>
Are you able to play Tibalt off of Lurrus?
>>
so according to some retards there are 3 aggro decks in the top tier
so can uw control come back maybe
>>
>>325688198
he's obviously playing the "play 45 land" quest
its possible he has 1-2 azusa and the male dryad in there
>>
Is anyone else praying they reprint Wizard's Lightning and Wizard's Retort in Stryxhaven? They're perfect for the set, perfect for the environment where there's so many wizards for party and the D&D set, and standard literally has not been fun since they rotated.
>>
>>325688943
no, lurrus explicitly mentions mana cost
>>
>>325689028
>dae want more creatures????? that dont play against grug??? and mono white????? and gendercleave????? and fold to the same wraths????
I want the opposite of this
>>
File: snake.png (912 KB, 1058x577)
912 KB
912 KB PNG
>>
>>325689028
>the first wizard was a woman
STUNNING and BRAVE
>>
>>325689207
I don't understand, is that a yes or a no?
>>
>>325689028
>>325689256
>first mage explicitly gendered as SHE
>second mage not gendered

how conspicuous
lord forbid its a "he" in the second one
>>
>>325689546
I bet it was a he. It's so like men to stop a strong woman from expressing herself and doing her thing.
>>
>>325689249
isnt doom foretold usually good against aggro
where is that deck right now while its all mono white and mono red
>>
>>325689976
i think you quoted the wrong post, my snake tribal deck has nothing to do with yorion doom foretold
>>
>>325690061
yeah I did, my bad
I was gonna say ur snake deck is cool but then i got up to do something and forgot to remove the quote
>>
>>325689028
>>325689256
>>325689546
>>325689873
>crazy bitch literally burning a kingdom down with lightning strikes for no known reason
>based chad stops her
EXCUSE ME WHO ARE YOU TO PICK ON A WOMAN WHERE DO YOU WORK I'M GOING TO TELL THEM ABOUT YOUR BEHAVIOR AND HAVE YOU CANCELLED ON MAGIC TWITTER THIS IS AN INSURRECTION
>>
>>325690247
thx
idk if 4 fabled passage is too many with 5 basics
>>
>yorion pile on the play
>turn 2 valki, steals bonecrusher
>turn 3 valki becomes bonecrusher

how the fuck is an aggro deck supposed to beat this?
let alone the other piles of removal they have (turn 4 binding the old gods, shadow's verdict, etc etc)

valki just fucking stops it all
>2-for-1 card advantage that takes away a threat
>takes away the same bonecrusher you'd use to kill valki
>becomes a 4/3 that walls off aggro

yeah okay turn 3+ I can kill the bonecrusher and get my own back and next turn I can replay it and oops all my permanents got wiped and oops opponent just cast emergent ultimatum while I have a single creature on board and oops they are taking 3 extra turns with a tibalt cosmic impostor out
>>
>opponent's five color horseshit draws perfect mana
>can't even draw my second color
>>
what is this twilight zone lookin deck
>>
>>325690960
dual lands nigger
>>
>>325691138
Didn't get passed any double nigger.
>>
>>325690960
temples (kinda doodoo)
pathways
triomes
dual snow lands
>>
>>325690960
>play a 26 land deck
>get 2 land hand
>mulligan
>get 2 land hand with cantrips
>on the play, draw nonland turn 1, cantrip into nonland
>draw nonland turn 2, cantrip into nonland
>don't draw land on turn 3, no more cantrips

EVERY
FUCKING
TIME
>>
5BR - planeswalker
5 loyalty
+2 draw 2 cards
-3 return target artifact or creature to your hand
-8 put all cards in all graveyards into your hand

hidden caveat: if someone tries to steal this planeswalker any abilities they activate go to your hand
>>
File: sphinx tribal.jpg (180 KB, 1084x620)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>325689249
based underused tribalbro
>>
>>325691638
surely theres a better mana rock to be playing than replicating ring in a non-snow deck
and maybe a wrath of god
>>
>>325691608
yeah but I cast mythos of illuna on their planeswalker and start getting my own +2 card draw
>>
>>325691731
all of the 3 mana rocks suck, and pillar of origins presents its own problems. at least if the ring goes off and i get the copies i can start chaining out sphinx off of Unesh. You're probably right about a wrath though, i could replace an ECD or two and one of the windreaders to slot some in. Thanks anon.
>>
>>325691638
based sphinx tribal . . . consider guardian idol
>>
does /mtgag/ like bloody?
>>
>>325691638
you have no early plays, might as well play some temples and irrigated farmlands
>>
>>325692181
>all of the 3 mana rocks suck
>>
>>325692243
>>325692339
>>325692423
You all make good points, I'll try out both the idol and the powerstone shard, that slot has easily been the one that's given me the most trouble in the deck.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (120 KB, 672x936)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>325691731
>>325692181
this is the best 3 mana rock in standard
no, really, it is
>>
>>325689249
is there any particular reason you're not running vorinclex in your Counters deck
>>
>>325692664
we've been talking about a historic deck but i actually believe you, that card is pretty good in the right shell
>>
>>325691638
ahem, you're missing someone
>>
https://scryfall.com/search?q=cmc%3A3+type%3Aartifact+legal%3Ahistoric+oracle%3Aadd&unique=cards&as=grid&order=name
I don't hate skyclave relic actually
>>
>>325692947
WE
>>
>>325692947
I've played all the alternate win/lose conditions and this one is by far the hardest to win with.
>>
>>325693371
Is it? I've done it before too and I don't remember it being that hard, just had to draw a shitload of cards.
Of course, that was in standard.
>>
>>325692947
She was a tough cut but in the end she just doesn't do enough work compared to Ormos or the windreader.
>>
>>325693371
its easier to win with him by attacking 5 times unmolested thanks to generic removal / protection spells, than to somehow arrange all the cards in your hand AND connect with him
>>
10 minute gamers are 30 minute games
control deck games can go on for hours

how does anyone justify these fucking long timers?
>>
>>325693812
mtga was made for brainlets
>>
>>325693508
>requires at minimum 6 cards in hand
>6 mana, no etb, doesn't do anything until next turn
>has to land an attack to trigger the win condition
>you're going to be winning on like turn 10-15
>>325693786
pretty much this
>>
So in a three way conflict, who wins between Innistrad vampires, Zendikar vampires and Torrezon vampires?
>>
>>325671598
This is the reason I made a second account. On my secondary account I just get 2 wins per day with aggro and make sure to do the 500/750 gold challenges. I saved up gold during Zendikar Rising and got to draft a lot of extra Kaldheim this way.
>>
File: over 30 turns in a row.jpg (587 KB, 1913x1063)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
Guys what went wrong
>>
>>325695048
Sorin would show up on the side of the Innistrad vampires so they would probably win.
>>
File: image_2021-02-23_193042.png (1.33 MB, 1477x848)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>I know, I'll just develop my board, thoughtsieze to stop them from clearing the boa-
Holy fucking shit fuck this game
>>
I think blue white control could play now that theres so many creature aggro decks that arent rogues
you dont get extinction event but glass casket is good and you get counterspells for the retards still playing poopy doop ultimatums
doomskar is okay and for a wincon, dream trawler and shark typhoon do it
>>
>>325695916
so you take tegrid and play one creature at a time
he has no win condition other than tegrid apparently
>>
>>325695916
eat dick
>>
WOTC was right. Fire design makes the game way more fun and exciting. This is the most boring meta in a very long time. Wow a ladder full of Rogues and Mono white. This is how you lose players. Mediocre tempo garbage meta. Combo and Control non existent.
>>
>>325695916
totally winnable
>>
Forging the Tyrite Sword would be such a better mana rock for go big / control strategies if there were any relevant targets to hit on III, right now its just halvar as a big dumb blocker or embercleave
for non-aggro decks the equipments in standard are useless
even valkyries sword is just too expensive to be a reasonable target for a blocker
I'd love something like a 1-of mortarpod
>>
>>325696562
its more that equipments are inherently flawed, they're for creature decks to grind with but creature decks don't want to grind
>>
>>325692729
is vorinclex a snake?
also i dont have any
>>
>>325696872
I heard faggots call it space snake. Might have been the prof or someone of that following.
>>
>>325697035
i don't have any vorinclex but and i was this close to adding oran rief ooze but i like snake
>>
>>325697141
one retarded question at a time
>>
I hate when I can't tell if my deck is good or I'm just in the honeymoon period cause it keeps pairing me with bad decks when I first start using it.
>>
>>325673889
Jihad is used both in violent and nonviolent context. Which do you think the card refers to? To ban one and not the other would legitimately be prejudice.
>>
>on draw t1 thotsieze
>opponent has thotsieze(played tap land t1), obliterator and kroxa, all colors except white in the lands seen
>scoops before I can pick something
I didn't even have to see the rest of the deck to know it was some stupid jank
>>
>>325697868
>he doesn't know the divine power of 4c grixis
>>
turns control is the silliest deck in standard
I'm in love
this deck is hilarious to pilot

yeah sure sometimes I get a hand of engine cards and my opponent is RDW aggro on the play and its over before I've played a single mana rock
other times its 10 turns in a row and bounce entire opponents board and draw 30 cards and spray shit all over the board
and pretty decent amounts of control with counters and sweepers
>>
>>325698818
wanna share the list
>>
>>325698964
double vision, alrund's epiphany and mythos of illuna are the only 3 core cards, the shell around it can be whatever ramp, mana rocks, control, sweepers, counters, etc you want
>>
>>325698964
Not him but this is mine

Deck
4 Double Vision (M21) 142
7 Snow-Covered Island (KHM) 279
4 Alrund's Epiphany (KHM) 41
2 Volatile Fjord (KHM) 273
2 Castle Vantress (ELD) 242
3 Brazen Borrower (ELD) 39
3 Berg Strider (KHM) 47
2 Battle of Frost and Fire (KHM) 204
4 Behold the Multiverse (KHM) 46
3 Solemn Simulacrum (M21) 239
3 Bonecrusher Giant (ELD) 115
3 Spikefield Hazard (ZNR) 166
2 Temple of Epiphany (M21) 252
1 Temple of Epiphany (M20) 253
1 Invasion of the Giants (KHM) 215
1 Graven Lore (KHM) 61
3 Storm's Wrath (THB) 157
2 Riverglide Pathway (ZNR) 264
8 Snow-Covered Mountain (KHM) 282
2 Frost Bite (KHM) 138

Sideboard
3 Thryx, the Sudden Storm (THB) 76
2 Frost Bite (KHM) 138
3 Scorching Dragonfire (ELD) 139
3 Negate (ZNR) 71
3 Stern Dismissal (THB) 68
1 Battle of Frost and Fire (KHM) 204

Here's a Bo1 version too incase I don't want to deal with 3 games in a row with a slow deck

Deck
4 Double Vision (M21) 142
7 Snow-Covered Island (KHM) 279
4 Alrund's Epiphany (KHM) 41
2 Volatile Fjord (KHM) 273
2 Castle Vantress (ELD) 242
3 Brazen Borrower (ELD) 39
2 Berg Strider (KHM) 47
2 Battle of Frost and Fire (KHM) 204
4 Behold the Multiverse (KHM) 46
3 Solemn Simulacrum (M21) 239
3 Bonecrusher Giant (ELD) 115
2 Spikefield Hazard (ZNR) 166
2 Temple of Epiphany (M21) 252
1 Temple of Epiphany (M20) 253
1 Invasion of the Giants (KHM) 215
1 Thryx, the Sudden Storm (THB) 76
1 Scorching Dragonfire (ELD) 139
1 Graven Lore (KHM) 61
3 Storm's Wrath (THB) 157
2 Riverglide Pathway (ZNR) 264
8 Snow-Covered Mountain (KHM) 282
2 Frost Bite (KHM) 138
>>
>>325698964
not really
>>
>>325699293
ok but which cards did you put in
because I know what my deck has in it but I want to see how you made mythos and double vision playable
>>
File: deck.jpg (249 KB, 1287x517)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>325699316
giants seems like a really ill-fitting shell for it
bonecrusher alone is good since its a huge barrier to aggro decks but also not useless against control
stuff like berg strider, brazen, invasion, graven lore, etc, doesn't really work. Also if its going to be a giants shell, it should be cosmos instead of behold. That's kind of a duh.
storm's wrath is so good against aggro but useless against control, that's the problem when it comes to sweeping

Into the roil gets so much better than brazen borrower when you're powering it up with double vision.
I slot frost bite and storm's wrath into this list and its working well
>>
>>325700121
cool beans, thanks anonymous
>>
>>325700121
A pair of frost bites would really help your aggro matchups
>>
>>325700901
keep in mind I'm trying all kinds of shuffling around every other card

ravenform, saw it coming, mystical disputes, disdainful stroke, storm's wrath, crush the weak, tundra fumarole, akroan war, all seem reasonable
I want to try making a URG build with cultivate / wolfwillow haven and whatever else
>>
File: top 5 post kal.jpg (164 KB, 1068x418)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
tier 1 decks expensive as fuck right now.
>>
>>325702412
a hundred dollars is pretty cheap for the best deck in standard
sultai yorion's price comes from the manabase really
>>
>>325702581
I guess I ment wild card wise. Yeah fucking poogin and uro where 400 for a playset at one time.
>>
You guys werent kidding about everyone playing jank in low Plat
>>
>>325702412
>166 for dimir mill
how is that even possible
its commons
>>
I just ran into 2 people running Gyruda. Why are people doing Gyruda memes again?
>>
>>325702904
pathways/temple, fabled, agadeems,enforcer, and some run valki
>>
>>325702412
Gruul and Yorion seem to be average for standard. The others are cheap as fuck.
>>
File: ramp.jpg (277 KB, 1280x743)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>325700121
>>325700901
>>325701559
also I just threw this together now for shits and giggles and won a game

if I were going to cut replicating rings and maybe 1x visionary for 4 more pieces of interaction, what would they be? into the roils?
>>
>>325702904
4 fabled passage is about $35
>>
>>325702412
My Jund deck back in RtR-Theros was like 250 bucks
>>
File: maddening cacophony.png (171 KB, 265x370)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>325629798
So with maddening cacophany you lose turn 5?
>>
>>325704451
turn 6 but yeah if you can keep a 1/4 do nothing for 3 turns
>>
WoTC employee here. I'd figure I should give you guys a warning that in a few days some interns are gonna be tasked with looking through deck names stored on the server. If they find any names considered racist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, or ableist, the owners of those decks with be perma-banned. Just looking out for you guys as I think this is a retarded decision.
>>
>>325702412
I really dislike how the economy of Arena revolves around wildcards so much as opposed to the value of the card. It just makes it so the only things worth crafting with your limited amount of rare and mythic wildcards are only the best ones so that you can make a deck that can do decently, which then feeds into itself as many/most people on the ladder are trying to run the same few good decks, meaning you have to have one to succeed against them, which overall just destroys creativity and makes the ladder boring.
>>
>>325704624
Big if true.
>>
anons, I've been playing this eggs deck that has been kicking ass. Dance of the Mance and the 2 mana eggs that draw cards. Play that with doom foretold and with the inclusion of doomskar and its easy win against anyone apart from control.
>>
>>325705721
eggs dont win games against indestructible 3/1 for 2 and anax
>>
>>325704624
Oh god one of my decks is called control black thanks for the heads up anon
>>
>>325705721
and then you play yorion as companion?
and add in elspeth's nightmares and ECD and skyclave apparition and firja's retribution??

waooow anon what an impressive idea, very unique
>>
>>325704451

Been running mono blue mill with 4x mystic sanctuary. Nothing like bringing a cacophony or lullmages back from the graveyard on t4/5...
>>
How can i deal with yorion niggers as rakdos sacrifice?
>>
>>325706093

no nigga companions are gay as fuck. I play 1 firja's if you must know but the real star of the deck is the singleton lithoform engine.
>>
>>325703725
On the first day Kaldheim was released I saw Ali Aintrazi throw together a deck like this. I wonder if I could find it.
>>
>>325703473
I ran into a Gyruda list today, too. It used Nightmare Shepherd and some other stuff to mill the shit out of you.
>>
>>325695048
I have to say that out of the three, Zendikar vampires are my favorite due to their kind of feral nature.
>>
>>325704624
>interns

oh cool, everyone's safe then.
>>
>>325691104
I might be wrong, but it sorta looks like he's kicking your ass at the moment. What a beautiful pile of jank.
>>325692664
I remember playing some meme dwarf deck that had this in it. I was thinking, "Wtf is this piece of shit doing in here?" But every time I played it, I was kind of impressed.
>>
File: thiefyboy.png (3.52 MB, 1772x1011)
3.52 MB
3.52 MB PNG
>tfw didn't get to hit him with his own Ulamog
They usually snap concede before I get the hit in
>>
File: no snow covered lands.png (1.57 MB, 1680x1050)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
shouldn't UB control be good
removal to deal with aggro and counterspells against ultimatums
reject modernity return to draw go etc
>>
File: xotcaxD.png (613 KB, 1078x637)
613 KB
613 KB PNG
This was a historic list I've been tinkering with but haven't pulled the trigger on yet for fear of sinking 30~ WC's (with sideboard) and not liking it.
>>
I feel like when I watch all of these youtubers who complain about the game and show gameplay of them losing, don't realize where they got outplayed and just blame it on the draw.
>>
>>325700121
>>325703725
Why simulacrum instead of goldspan?
>>
>>325710718
how do you get outplayed other than well I couldn't afford to play around him having it and he had it guess I die now :((((
unironically
>>
>>325710943
By saving particular cards for cards you know your opponent has. Like dedicating a removal/counter spell for Mixu. If you know what to expect in your enemies deck, it's not prudent you play on curve every turn like a robot.

The only losses I feel bad about are land floods/droughts but there are cards around that in every color.
>>
>>325710808
sad robot is a good creature to run in a mostly creatureless deck for a reason. If the opponent is sitting on a bunch of useless removal spells, goldspan dragon might just be making 1-2 treasure for 5 mana. Whereas sad robot always ramps you and pretty reliably blocks and draws you a card or otherwise gums up the board

and robots biggest problem is that he already costs too much at 4 mana and often does too little when opponents have big trampling or flying threats or just remove him and swing past, or you aren't fast enough at comboing off. He's probably worth cutting entirely in a green list with visionary being so much better at 3 mana
>>
>>325711152
>dedicating a removal/counterspell for Muxus
It's absolutely blatantly obvious when players are doing this, so you just cast other spells instead and develop board.
>>
>>325711152
>its not prudent that you play on curve every turn
and if they don't have it I get time walked and die to fire cards
>>
>>325711284
Your deck should (in the case of control decks), be able to have more than one counter at any one time. You should as a rule always have mana in reserve, it should be your whole gameplan. I can't count the number of times I said nope to goblins every turn until they scoop.

>>325711380
Oh you're talking about paper, all bets are off. They have cards that make you eat gum under the table if you lose. I'm only talking about Arena.
>>
>use bolas +2 to steal top card of opponent
>its planar bridge
every time i swear
>>
>>325711276
I guess I can see that, but Goldspan does make it so it's easier to kill with only a couple alrunds though.
>>
File: turns.jpg (591 KB, 1903x1065)
591 KB
591 KB JPG
>opponent obviously has ugin in hand
>never gets to take his turn #8
>>
So what's actually working out for control/combo. Old original Zendikar era GP grinder thinking of playing for a bit? The arena site makes it sound like agro and and midrange is overrunning the format but frankly those kinds of decks don't interest me.
>>
>When I'm losing
this game is cringe and rigged shit fuck
>When I'm winning
this game is cringe and rigged shit fuck sorry opponent
>>
File: Yorion takes the knot.jpg (560 KB, 1920x1080)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
Imagine playing a tier 1 yorion pile and losing to wolf tribal.
>>
>>325712879
Why, wolvies are strong and cool.
>>
>wizards prints only a single "snow-hoser" in all of kaldheim
>the most efficient way to kill reidane is frost bite, which requires you to run snow mana, and truly doesn't care about any of her lines of text because you can just kill her and play your 4th land or at worst have 3rd etbt and then kill her for 1 mana

great design
>>
>>325713185

they need to bring back werewolf tribal with huntmaster of the fells
>>
File: ggood boy.jpg (231 KB, 672x936)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>325712879
i wish they would reprint the goodest boy on strixhaven but its never going to happen
>>
>>325713724
A useable hexproof creature in standard would be nice with how much targeted removal there is in the format
>>
File: budeck.png (139 KB, 916x689)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>325709958
Against the red little guys sometimes I just can't draw my kill spells. I haven't played against the white weenies yet. Haven't played much at all this week. Ultimatums are totally manageable.

Eliminate is bad in this format. No notable 3 cmc walkers arounds. Go with Bloodcheif's Thirst or Murderous Riders instead.
>>
File: MTGA_2021-02-23_22-31-21.jpg (616 KB, 2560x1142)
616 KB
616 KB JPG
>Wish is legal
>>
>>325713827
they very intentionally printed NO efficient hexproof creatures in this 2 year span just to remove the possibility of using them with mutate

you want mutate on a hexproof guy? Your options are dream trawler, spined megalodon, wingfold pteron all at 6+ cmc
>>
>>325714403
BASED narset and fae and kooba
>>
>>325711576
>They have cards that make you eat gum under the table if you lose.

silver border cards aren't real, anon
they can't hurt you
and they can't make you chew gum under the table.
>>
File: aaaaaa.jpg (12 KB, 474x300)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
How do you guys deal with tilt? I just lost 3 ranked matches in a row to aggro because I was mana screwed with a 24 land mono color midrange deck. I had to scream into my pillow so hard I got a headache.
>>
>>325717874
not playing ranked for one
magic falls apart when you cant leave the table at any time without consequence
if you're up against netdeckers you should be allowed to leave, give them the big no thank you and try to requeue into someone who's smart enough to build their own deck
>>
File: ABSORBED.jpg (559 KB, 1920x1080)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
Thanks for the double striker friendo, they were just what my shapeshifters needed
>>
>>325718048
>magic falls apart when you cant leave the table at any time without consequence
That's the best kind of magic. It doesn't apply to arena unless a real prize is on the line like the recent event with the money. If you want to play for fun either play brawl or commander.
>>
>>325718252
no its not
>>
>>325718252
>if you want to have fun play these terrible unfun meme formats
wut
>>
>>325718353
>>325718425
Truth hurts and it's obvious you haven't tried them. You don't want to play against a netdeck. Guess where you will never find a net deck.
I'm sure you just want free wins. No one deserves to win but you. Deal with it or leave.
>>
>>325718425
>commander
>unfun

must be nice having no friends
>>
>>325718728
you type like an ugly girl
>>
>>325719325
>can't actually respond to the argument
>responds with whatever bullshit this is
>>
>>325719325
And ugly girl that doesn't cry over a game.
>>
>>325718728
>Guess where you will never find a net deck.
definitely not brawl or commander lol
>>
>>325719472
>if you don't want to play against net decks, guess which formats don't have those!
>oh it's brawl and commander lol

yes, that's exactly the point that post was making, well done.
>>
>>325719389
you didn't make an argument
>>
>>325719603
I was laughing at you for thinking brawl and commander dont have netdecks
>>
>>325719681
Netdecks require a deck to put up results. Just because some people share the same commander doesn't mean they are copying some kind of championship deck.
>>
>>325719976
lol
>>
>>325719976
retard
>>
>>325719681
There are cards that are considered "auto-includes".
There are decks that are posted online.
These are not "netdecks".
There are no tournaments for casual multiplayer Magic.
>>
File: Stone Told.jpg (61 KB, 456x352)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>325720315
>>
Guys rate my idea for a deck, I came up with it on my own
I'm trying to make a good pile of cards to fetch with emergent ultimatum and ramp up to it with some removal
This is my idea for a deck, I'm not just copying some kind of championship deck

Companion
1 Yorion, Sky Nomad

Deck
4 Omen of the Sea
4 Swamp
4 Jwari Disruption
2 Mazemind Tome
2 Sea Gate Restoration
1 Kiora Bests the Sea God
1 Ketria Triome
3 Eliminate
4 Heartless Act
3 Shadows' Verdict
2 Shark Typhoon
2 Island
4 Emergent Ultimatum
2 Alrund's Epiphany
2 Valki, God of Lies
4 Clearwater Pathway
4 Binding the Old Gods
4 Barkchannel Pathway
4 Zagoth Triome
4 Darkbore Pathway
3 Fabled Passage
4 Forest
1 Migration Path
4 Cultivate
2 Disdainful Stroke
1 Bala Ged Recovery
1 Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider
2 Extinction Event
2 Negate

Sideboard
2 Mystical Dispute
3 Duress
1 Cling to Dust
1 Negate
1 Yorion, Sky Nomad
2 Koma, Cosmos Serpent
1 Chainweb Aracnir
2 Shark Typhoon
2 Disdainful Stroke
>>
>>325720638
0 consistency, enjoy your 2 mana games.
>>
>>325721785
does this game contain black people and/or women
>>
>>325719976
They literally had to add tiered matchmaking for certain commanders to the brawl queue
>>
>>325722308
Yes and yes, it also has homosexuals.
>>
>>325722617
That doesn't mean there are "netdecks". It just means that some commanders are legitimately stronger than other, weaker commanders.
>>
>>325722874
gross
>>
>>325723680
Uhh, I think you meant to type "brave" sweetie.
>>
>>325722308
>gets autisimy about that
>looks at MTG
anon...
>>
>>325709958

It's basically sultai control without a fast way to close the game, which opens you up to comebacks

I run a blood on the snow + ashiok + ugin list but its just too vulnerable compared to the sultai lists
>>
>>325629798

I will kill you
>>
File: turn 4 win.png (2.87 MB, 1580x896)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB PNG
>>325704451
turn 4 actually
>>
>>325725493
*casts my mill path to exile*
*defends him with mill terminate//counterspell split card*
*draws 4 cards with mill ancestral recall but good*
heh....
>>
Get absolutely cucked you mono red nigger
>>
>>325726303
ay yo yo yo yo he based
>>
>>325726303
>crab tribal
Incredibly, unequivocally based and crabpilled
>>
>>325726303
Post list
>>
>>325729837
Deck
4 Ruin Crab (ZNR) 75
3 Forest (ANB) 112
4 Ancient Crab (AKR) 48
4 Charix, the Raging Isle (ZNR) 49
4 Crystacean (IKO) 46
4 Huatli, the Sun's Heart (WAR) 230
9 Island (ANB) 113
4 Assault Formation (JMP) 378
4 Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive (DAR) 69
4 Herald's Horn (JMP) 469
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
4 Hinterland Harbor (DAR) 240
4 Shorecomber Crab (ANA) 20
4 Barkchannel Pathway (KHM) 251
>>
>goblinigger ropes because I'm playing pure blue nope
Yeah, feels good. Suck my cock faggot.
>>
>>325729984
Looks fun, might craft it subtracting some of the rare lands.
>>
Literally half the decks I play against in silver and gold bo1 are yorion

Is this a fucking joke or something
>>
>>325729984
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykWPyaqbebo
>>
>>325730216
only half?
in unranked bo1 I'm facing yorion about 70% of the time
>>
>>325726303
>these are the people complaining about netdecking

Wow you searched "crab" and added all of them into your deck you are so creative.
>>
>>325731162
>he gets mad at people having fun
>>
>>325731162
He won though.
>>
>>325731162
>implying i give a shit about netdecking
why the fuck would i care what other people play when i can win with shit like crabs?
>>
>>325731814
Based. I have an idea for a jank deck where I force a bunch of tokens on the player then destroy them all for massive damage.
>>
>trying to finish dailies
>haven't won a game in 2 hours
WHAT
THE FUCK
>>
>>325733249
Follow BREAD
>>
>>325679454
*shoots u* :)
>>
I haven't gotten an opponent who plays faster than a mentally disabled fetus in 5 months.
>>
>>325734594
99% of the time it's a seething spic/pajeet
>>
>opponent counters my alrund's epiphany
>...
>.......
>the other 3 copies of epiphany resolve
>I have another mythos & epiphany in my hand to make that 11 extra turns
>>
File: Eu1RZ-FXcAUjyl-.jpg (721 KB, 2769x1945)
721 KB
721 KB JPG
How does Esper Doom have such a low winrate? Every time I play against it it feels unbeatable because they have an answer for everything.
>>
how the fuck do I get out of yorion queue
I played literally 7 yorion decks in a row
I played against a deck that didn't have yorion companion just now
it had 4 yorions maindeck in its 60 cards instead
>>
>>325735395
It's funny when opponents try to counter an effect that is duplicated. Back before Adventure was such a huge thing, opponents would scoop on trying to counter the original adventure spell, and then realize the clover copies weren't also countered that way.
>>
>>325687254
>>325687746
>>325687971
Put out the heliods punishments and another valor and sentinels eyes in. I don't like reactive spells in proactive decks and you're just a bunch of sissies.
>>
File: azorfliers.png (934 KB, 1900x473)
934 KB
934 KB PNG
Mostly due to a blue/white quest and my disdain for yorion, I've been trying fliers again. Not nearly as explosive as it was with rally of wings, but I got 4 copies of raven's warning from drafting, and that's proving to be kinda fun.

Though I still think this deck needs a lot of work, though, aside from the rares I'm missing like more pathways. The husbringers shut off a couple of my things and cosmos charger might be too cute for this sorta aggro-tempo thing.
>>
>>325734594
>wreck someones house
>they keep stalling for time
>Nice!
>Timeout used
>Nice!
>Nice!
>Nice!
>Nice!
>Timeout Used
>Nice!
>Nice!
*fwoooooosh booooooom*
>Victory!
>>
Don't rope, bro. You can still win
>>
>>325740641
There's also no better feeling than someone who doesn't know their time outs are limited clearly slowfagging and then accidentally timing out
>>
File: negated.png (1.7 MB, 1350x840)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
FINALLY
>>
>>325741393
I was running 4x duress / 4x specter's shriek / 4x agonizing remorse in poison deck, it dealt with them
but haven't actually seen a tibalts deck recently, it severely dropped in popularity
>>
>>325735976
Well are you playing one of those other meta decks or your homebrew Brash Taunter deck
>>
>decide to try out esper doom
>lose to a deck that is nothing but this card and removal just because they keep getting my sagas

This might be the most anger I ever felt playing unranked. I kept playing because I thought I could win since their deck was literally nothing but removal but nope I underestimated how impactful them getting my sagas was.
>>
>>325740852
>yorion Adventures pile
I really wonder what he was playing at.
I usually can't stop putting stuff into my decks too but with adventures you really want to limit yourself as much as possible to the few good cards to get REAL value.
>>
>>325742326
did you just matchup against me?
I just slapped together 32 removal spells, 4 tegrids and swamps + hagra mauling
I had the "kill 25 creatures" quest for 750
>>
>>325737219
since uro left the meta is exclusive UW control + creature decks.

he should be on 4x heliod's main, actually.
>>
I never seen anyone play this card ever, until today. I salute you, anon. Pretty weird shell, though.
>>
>>325742768
they really need to take this quest out. it just promotes toxic deckbuilding
>>
File: deck.png (732 KB, 1058x671)
732 KB
732 KB PNG
>>325742906
lmao all the quests do

why else would I have this
>>
How quickly does rank drop in arena once you reach mythic? Like say in the top 800 and just sit there?
>>
STOP CONCEDING TO MY COUNTERSPELLS IN CASUAL

I HAVE A BLUE SPELLS QUEST

I CAN GO DRAFT AFTER THIS

PLEASE
>>
>>325743297
I don't know, I'm at 60% because I don't play against 4c and 5c.
>>
>>325743449
Just play monocolor brawl
>>
>>325743526
>brawl
over my dead body
>>
File: flavor.png (1.32 MB, 1380x552)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
How flavorful.
>>
>>325743284
...because you think gingerbrute is a red spell?
>>
>>325743949
that's not my red spell deck brudda
if you want to complete color quests you use cantrips not hasty 1 drops
>>
>>325687971
Heliods is only good in the mirror. You waste 2 Mana to slow a creature down and then what? Better spend it on more pump auras and attack. Valor of the worthy and Ghostform compliment each other well too, you don't want to have 2 ghost forms on a single creature cause that's pointless but you get an evasive token back and your spirit dancer so that's pretty nice.

>>325742505
It was adventures plus ramp into poogin with genesis ultimatum :DDD
>>
>>325744229
> ramp into poogin
Yikes.
I really wish people would try to go with some different approaches besides boogin :--D
Most of the time it isn't even that good.
>>
If you think people are too slow on this game, you must be pretty bad.
Resolving puzzles fastly is easy, seeing all the puzzles is hard.
Now read this and try to level up : https://article.hareruyamtg.com/article/article_en_44/?lang=en
>>
>>325744672
Cope
I see the multiple loops when having mayhem devil, cat, oven and woe strider out immediately
>>
>>325744229
>heliod's is only good in the mirror
anon i can name nine decks more popular than the mirror where heliod's is great

>slow a creature down and then what
and then you win, because 4 turns is an eternity in historic. the versaility of being able to remove literally any creature, in a creature format (since uro left) is why you can freely maindeck 4. I can see you're not changing your mind about anything though, so whatever.
>>
>>325744672
anon this is a thread for fast and loose players who shitpost here in between turns. get outta here with that.
>>
>>325744203
or you could use this deck for both quests. i mean how many quests decks do you have
>>
>>325737068

That deck is just not beatable in bo1 by anything but izzet counterspell tribal

It's a t0 deck in bo1, they need to ban fucking yorion in bo1 it's way too popular and gatekeeping 99% of all other decks
>>
>>325742326
>Esper Doom losing to Tergrid
My Tergrid deck is just a BW Doom deck. Look to abuse Tergrid and discard and edict effects to really grind you down. Tergrid basically makes Treacherous Blessing much better to play since you can target yourself with it to sac the blessing.
>>
>>325746408
no, that's not true, it loses to Trickery combo when Yor's on th draw.
>>
Are phone players playing against PC players? I noticed games taking a lot longer to start, and that would explain it.
>>
>>325746115
Name them
>>
>>325746885
Gruul
Arcanist
Sac
Assortments of lifegain decks, mostly angels
MonoU Tempo
MonoRed
Elves
Goblins
Historic Rogues
>>
Tibalt's Trickery is the only reason I'm still playing this shit game
>>
another match where opponent takes 3 turns to understand hes going to lose slowly by his own creatures. necro draugr, jorn plus his staff when its finally on is so silly and fun
>>
>>325747257
same my brother
>>
>>325746408
honestly I'm surprised at how well I'm doing with taking_turns.dec against yorion piles
and I've been matched about 100% against yorion piles so its not much choice

I guess the thing is yorion decks are great at removing all your nonland permanents and killing you in a grind over the course of a few turns once they've taken control. But the turns deck can just go infinite turns any time they tap out and it doesn't matter. I just had one sit back and stall while I ramped up to ~20 mana, then he tapped out for emergent on tibalt/extinction/alrunds. I let him wipe my robots/tokens and take tibalt. I untap, play double vision, play alrunds, next turn play mythos and copy tibalt and double vision, next turn alrunds again, he concedes
>>
>>325747257
>>325747542
that's sad though, how can you enjoy it?
>>
>>325747965
it wins fast or it loses fast
>>
>>325748152
and? how is that enjoyable? do you just get 15 dailies and quit?
>>
I dont enjoy this game :-(
>>
>>325747965
constructed is for faggots bro, I just want to get in and out as fast as possible unless I'm playing chad limited
>>
>>325748187
the turbo man, just want to flip a coin
>>
>>325748492
I make it my mission to stop other people from enjoying this game
>>
>>325748761
I dont think you need to do anything to be fair.
the mana system allready creates enough misarable experience.
>>
File: sdfsdf.png (208 KB, 318x282)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
>>325578498
GOYF BROS! WE BACK!
>>
File: Untitled.png (877 KB, 1366x768)
877 KB
877 KB PNG
can somebody please tell me how this deck went 1/3? do I stop playing draft, or...?
>>
>>325748907
not magic the gathering arena
>>
File: fut-174-dryad-arbor.jpg (149 KB, 488x680)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>325748907
I will be a happy man if i manage to snatch Dryad arbor at decent price now.
>>
>>325748958
Seems fine deck, lacking in early game presence a bit, 2 glittering frost dont make sense.
must have gotten unlucky.GG bro
>>
>>325578498
>play Brawl
>enemy counters the first 5 spells

How do you even deal with it? (especially some counters are creatures too/blue got card draw and flash creatures)

>le play around it = I did.
>le don't play anything = They draw cards and after turn 5 start playing their own stuff with flash.
>finally got a card down = gets removed
>>
>>325749112
how doesnt it make sense? it's fixing for binding, ramp for Koma (i didn't actually draw Koma a single time), and I have berd strider + sculptor
>>
>>325748958
Just unlucky I guess, a bit low on the creature count. I probably would have cut 1x Glittering Frost and/or the Glimpse the Cosmos since you're not as reliant on Snow as much in this. You only have two cards that actually care about snow.
>>
>>325749246
Because its another card that does not impact the board, amplifying the first issue-lack of early presence
2 sources is enough for binding, especially with sculptor and 4 draw/scry spells
>>
Honestly
standard is in a pretty silly place right now
>>
>>325746979
Mires grasp and dead weight are strictly better than punishment against any of those except maybe mono blue, and in the case of sac decks and Arcanist punishment is even harmful cause you're leaving them with a body on the field to use. You could slow the listed decks down a bit by disabling krenko/texting beast/priest/random elf lord, sure, but I prefer to speed things up instead so it's shit to me. \o/
>>
nobody plays mono u in historic, this isnt 2018
>>
>>325749817
You'd be surprised, it still shows up.
>>
>>325748907
>>325749006
time spiral wont get an arena release? ever?
So the pioneer remasters will be the next set for historic i guess
>>
>>325749715
>Mires grasp and dead weight are strictly better than punishment against any of those except maybe mono blue,
except they're not maindeckable because you don't know what you're playing against

use your head, man
>>
>>325578498
Whales are cancer.
>B-but companies have to make money anon!
And they can do so without catering to the whales. Once you hit a certain point in the experience track where you only get 25 xp per win, all you see is netdeck whales.
>So! You're just jealous!
Not at all. Adversity is what breeds skill and ingenuity. Since these faggots are just playing the game using essentially someone else' skill and ingenuity, they have none of their own.
and very, very few people in this world realize just how damaging this all is to everything.

Pay to Win is part of the NPC problem.
PTW is part of the retard problem

and it's not going to get any better because all the materialistic, hyperconsumer enabling, capitalist to the point of fuck you I don't care tier, kikeniggers are just going to keep doing it because they don't care and maybe 7 people tops who read this understand what I mean.
The majority of you are wastes of oxygen. Yes, you too, kikes. You're not special.
>>
>>325749817
if you really think that, the only one not playing historic here is you.
>>
>>325750002
Just like heliods punishment isn't. It's a dead card against control and ramp and go wide aggro.
>>
>>325749471
>>325749273
i don't get it, though. this thread the format is slow.

i was playing 2-drops and 3-drops almost every game, and i still 3 games to aggro every time. i mean how many creatures do you need, then?
>>
>>325750202
ramp is a free win even with 4 punishments in, almost certainlty more.

go wide aggro doesnt exist, and if you mean goblins you arent winning pre-hushbringer anyway, this isnt azorius that just makes a 20/20 flying lifelinker before muxus is out

btw, your ghostforms are dead vs ramp and aggro too, you gonna cut them? idiot
>>
>>325749817
I'm playing it :3
>>
File: 1601696677964.gif (467 KB, 270x203)
467 KB
467 KB GIF
>>325578498
>Latest Codes
You're a gentleman and a scholar, OP. Cheers
>>
>>325750253
This format is not that slow nor is it blisteringly fast. Lowest amount of creatures you want in a limited deck is 15, maximum is probably 19. Certainly there are exceptions to go to 14 or even lower if you have 5+ counts of removal or some 2 for 1 body generation or reanimation/recursion or token generation and whatnot. If you're playing on the lower end of creature counts in limited you're generally adopting the control position but since most limited games tend to be somewhat mid-range most of the time you should have a bit more bodies on the field.
>>
>>325750380
No need to be hostile, honey. Ghostforms are useful against ramp cause Zagoth ramp runs extinction events and shadows verdict, even more so with valor cause you get both your enchanted creature and a flier back. And vs goblins rune of sustenance helps a lot to gain life back so it's great.
>>
>>325748187
>and? how is that enjoyable?
winning fast is enjoyable to me

>do you just get 15 dailies and quit?
no lmao, I get like 4 wins and I quit
>>
>>325750695
well, being a tranny certainly explains your deckbuilding skills
>>
>>325751120
Thanks, I accept your defeat in this discussion
>>
>>325749051
I legit opened one of those last week. It was from a Kaldheim set booster, so it's from The List print. Is it gonna go up in price now or something?
>>
I've reached a point with this game where I just concede turn 3 to anything that I dislike or that my jank loose to.
Why do I even keep playing...
>>
>>325752557
usually a sign that there's something wrong in your life, which prevents you from having fun doing the things you used to enjoy, yet forcing you to repeat things you don't enjoy, because it's easier than facing the real issues

or you just hate tibalt's trickery i don't know
>>
>>325749051
>land that you cant use right away

Why do people play this?
>>
ByD-N6bz-GbR

Have a free zendikar booster
>>
>>325753006
>Why do people play this?
cause it's fetchable
>>
>>325752806
I'm not that guy, but this was helpful. Thanks.
>>
>>325753006
obligatory 1-2 of in any deck running green sun's zenith since it turns it into a 1 mana rampant growth
>>
>>325753032
too slow again
>>
File: 1581811032395.jpg (62 KB, 959x960)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>mono white vs green white
>white doesn't have a board wipe and green white's +X/X to all creatures card is at the bottom of the deck
>both sides just charge up their autism until every creature is about three pixels in width on the screen
>by the time green white gets his win card, he can't even do the math on whether he could even break through the wall
>winner is determined by who cracks first
>>
>>325748958
Three masked vandal is too much, you rarely want more than one. You dont have enough removal(yeah two struggles, but those are often dead cards because you dont have enough creatures). Next time try picking up some decent two drops
>>
>>325752806
Well, I guess working from home all the time doesn't help. Thanks anon.
>>
File: topdecking.png (1.82 MB, 1490x834)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
too often my draft games come down to this
how do I avoid it?
>>
>>325689256
Fucking hell. They could have had the text say, "The study of magic in X (insert plane name here) began when the first mage taught herself to throw lightning," but noooooooo niggerfaggots of the coast just gotta cunt it up with their muh patriarchy shoehorned in self-obsessive bullshit. I want an expansion where Urza and the rest come back and fuck all their shit up.
>that's not canon anon
and neither was this bullshit flavor text they forced either. Fuck off.
>>
>>325754550
Draft more cards that filter your draws like pilfering hawk or horizon seeker
Consider cards like raise the draugr to get value out of your old cards
>>
>>325723137
In every group, in every ethnicity, in every race, there are stupid motherfuckers who have more money than they do brain cells. Adversity is what causes skill to spring forth in intelligent people. It can even cause dumb people to not be so dumb if they have no other choice but to improve or fail. But stupid people who always have a money cushion to fall on from their family, inheritance, whatever the fuck, will NEVER improve and ALWAYS cling to whatever is the Flavor of the Week(weak) because then they don't have to think and just follow the instructions that someone much smarter than them already thought of.

You're either retarded or hopelessly naive. Possibly both.
>>
>>325753421
Mono white needs unblockable creatures.
Change my mind.
>>
>>325731162
I bet you're one of those retarded ass NPCs that legitimately believes and feels (notice I didn't say think because you don't) that people who criticize others legitimately for valid reasons are just "hatin on them" for their success and wealth.
>>
>Play a game of magic
>Opp casts 2 ramp spells then ultimatum
>Concede
>Have 0 fun

Is it over? Can I stop playing now? Is mtg not fun anymore?
>>
Gotta say returning to the game after 10 years, this whole shit of 80-90% of the field being decks with 24 spot removal (small exaggeration before someone gets pedantic on me) and 8 creatures that have spot removal on them is fucking aids. Control used to mean something and you'd balance it with card draw.
>>
>>325756387
>Can I stop playing now?
the only person that can force you to play the game is yourself
there's nothing keeping you from stopping
>>
File: snow.png (2.12 MB, 1252x830)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
How tf do I beat this? Are aggresive decks just a scam in Kaldheim draft? Icebind Pillar just tapping for 1 mana is so ridiculously busted in draft.
>>
Jesus christ I don't know what's going on, it has been a couple of days where whatever deck I play I get slapped right and left.
I play golgari deathtouch and I can't enough counters in before they stabilize.
I play a slower lifegain and I get btfo by faster decks who keep removing my cards.

I kinda want to build a lurrus BW aura deck to see if I can play that better, but I don't have enough wildcards, probably.
>>
>>325749207
cast your own counter to their fun by conceding the first time they counter something
>>
>>325756648
Don’t forget the removal is also self replacing like sagas or in colors that shouldn’t have it like multiple black exile effects that negate whites printed indestructible abilities. Oh you wanted to play White Weenie? Here’s a pair of black exile wrath’s that conveniently hit Basri as well because why the fuck not
>>
Magic colors have become so meaningless that playing Prismatic Bridge on curve is not even unlikely or risky.
Playing more vs less colors should always be a conflict of versatility vs consistency, but with the amount of dual lands available, this conflict doesn't exist anymore.
Fabled Passage was a mistake.
>>
>>325756387
no, it's not over. sideboarding just begun
>>
>>325748958
thanks for the replics. am I right in thinking that simic removal just sucks and you should always splash removal when you're in green?
>>
>>325757882
>>325757882
>>325757882
>>
>>325751090
no you weren't
you typed like a woman
>>
>>325760967
>if you don't type like a knuckle dragging simpleton you must be a woman
Do you want to know how I know that you're a netdecking, flavor of the weak, faggot?
>>
>>325761712
did I say you were a woman or did I say you typed like a woman
>>
>>325761968
>semantics
So when I jump ahead of what I know you're implying, your response is to split hairs in vain just so you can try and sit back and say "got 'em"?
lmao
>>
>>325762230
no, all I said was that you typed like a woman
women don't come here
you are not one and you will never be one
your "this!!! so much this!!!" post was evocative of reddit and saying that it isn't the niggers, just the art quality is subversive, because the niggers are also a problem if not as large.
>>
>>325762540
Are you ok? Do you think everyone that calls you on your shit on this imageboard is a tranny? I'm a man. I'm a man that mentally lives in the time when men had studies and personal libraries, not fucking mancaves and sportsball niggerworship. I speak and type eloquently. I never made any "this!!! so much this!!!" post. I agree with you that that'd be reddit as fuck. You greatly overestimate your ability to detect when broken up, non-connecting posts have been made by the same person/ip.
>>
>>325763276
If you're all those things then you're still one that types like a woman. If you didn't make this >>325586538 post, and you did, then you're still defending the one who did.
>>
>>325763496
Wut? Are you really this fucking slow, anon? Fuck's sake, I'll break down your misunderstanding of the situation just for you.
>325585824 anon say he just wants Foglios doing art for this game again and expresses that the current art just looks the same. He wants variety in the art
>325586538 anon responds supportively wishing there were more anons who care about that kind of thing. As in the art having variety. Do you need things expressly directly stated to you for you to understand it? Do you understand tongue-in-cheek subtlety? Doesn't seem like it. It's real fucking simple. If the current art is stale and samey, and that current art is also niggered up, wouldn't more variety in the art by default cause less of the art to be niggered up as a result?
Yes, it would.
That's why I defended that post. Do you honestly think that anyone that is an SJW would respond favorably at all to a post on here that refers to something getting "niggered up"?
They wouldn't.
Dammit. I shouldn't have to explain shit like this.

On top of that, you fail to understand that what to you qualifies as typing like a woman is only because the kikes normalized the separation of the physically strong and the mentally intelligent in Western culture. So your perspective and standards for "manly writing" is obscured by a kike forced smear over your eyes that's been in place since before you were even born.
>>
>>325765009
I fucked up the greentext syntax because I'm tired, but you get the idea. Or you don't. Fuck it, either way I tried my best and that's what matters.
>>
>>325765009
Yes, an sjw would. As supporting any cause that isn't less niggers in magic is subverting the cause of less niggers in magic art.
>>
>>325765404
No, they wouldn't, anon, because an sjw would be triggered by the word nigger itself and run away from the posts with their eyes and not respond at all unless it was just to ragepost. sigh
>>
>>325765573
No, they aren't. SJWs can say nigger, trannies can say tranny if only to be subversive to anti-tranny causes. Jews can don Klan robes just as any white man can join the NAACP.
>sigh
That's a woman post.
>>
>>325765773
Wokenigger SJWs do, but in general still avoid places online where they can't verify somehow that it's a negro saying it, and they don't respond favorably at all to posts saying it when they can't verify that a negro said it. Your run down of the tranny shit is accurate though. They're like kikes in that way. Jews aren't White to anyone other than niggers because they've had it drilled in their heads as a result of how the kikes purposely blame the White man for their own crimes. Case in point, who started the slave trade here in America.

No, it's a verbal written/typed expression of being exasperated that gets the message across without me having to be more specific and a dick about it. You can't just take your cues on what something is from who does it. You have to look at context and nuance, anon. Stop behaving like a damn NPC.
>>
File: tibaltsshittery.png (1.55 MB, 1165x785)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>build entire deck around cheating out a spell with trickery
>ulamog is simply removed
>give up
why do people play this, it isn't like in modern even where it was an instant win
>>
>>325767380
>says the guy playing fucking esper removal tribal

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.