[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vg/ - Video Game Generals

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 105 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: soup's on.png (630 KB, 1781x1016)
630 KB
630 KB PNG
Kitchen Edition

► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Modded Minecraft, modpacks, projects, build ideas, etc.
If you're working on a mod or a pack, keep us updated for feedback!

► 2. NEWS

>>>>>REMINDER
Minecraft Accounts migrating to Microsoft Accounts:
https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/java-edition-moving-house
https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360050865492-JAVA-Account-Migration-FAQ
tl;dr:
>yes it is mandatory no matter what version you play on
>no it doesn't mean you'll have to move to bedrock version
>no it doesn't mean you'll have to pay for texture packs
>migration starts in early 2021
>this will affect all third-party launchers until they update to handle the new system
>>>>>REMINDER

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

>The only launcher you'll ever need
https://multimc.org/

>Ideas & Inspiration
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UzkwnETunaxg6OomfyJ8X_TAQG4ruX51?usp=sharing
http://imgur.com/a/NeywO
http://mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
http://elworrier.imgur.com/
http://imgur.com/a/JPif9
https://imgur.com/a/2fz8MBt

>/mcg/ FAQ [Read this before asking for mod-making guides and where to download shit]
https://bin.snopyta.org/?2ee74beccf8eebcd#BcRkn8T8HEfWH3PJv2dUUp7km2EBHiQWXZs5dBQMyYKY

>/mcg/ mods, modpacks and guides [Read this before asking what modpacks you should play]
https://bin.snopyta.org/?3aaad0ba82cac7f7#6gSsWuHsZLv8oHriDeSr2Qd7kvuuUZVwvdebLLR5tgoj

Got overshadowed by the hat: >>324439135
>>
>>325114036
Some anon said he wanted to switch back to pastebins or github pages or something for the /mmcg/ info bins since apparently the privatebins aren't particularly easy to update. If that anon still wants to do it, put the links in a reply to this post so they can be added to the OP for next thread.
>>
we have gtnh
we have gtnh with no magic
where is gtnh but only magic
>>
>>325114036
>Minecraft Accounts migrating to Microsoft Accounts:
excuse me what the fuck
>>
>>325114360
They announced that October of last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9cqIwrgz7w
>>
>>325114445
>call buddy a fag on private server
>get banned from minecraft account bought in 2009
>>
>>325114445
yeah that's gonna be the pirate's life for me, fuck that
>>
>>325115431
I'm sorry to hear that your "buddy" is the sort to report you for anything like that.
>>
>>325116157
>gets instantly detected and reported by the merchant villagers
>>
>>325116573
the banning is for xbox and stuff not java
>>
>accidentally typo "he" instead of "the" in chat while a tranny is on the server
>instantly permabanned from minecraft and all other microsoft apps
>>
>>325117237
well, and realms. they aren't banning your auth, just from joining microsoft/official servers
>>
File: 2021-02-18_20.03.26.png (2.44 MB, 1920x1028)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB PNG
that sodium port to forge, chlorine, finally updated
not compatible with optifine obviously, but it seems to run better
>>
Whats a good and easy multiplayer modpack/set of mods for a group of people content with normal minecraft, but kinda want more to do and automation like factorio research loops?
My group has made a restarted the vanilla server 3 times already this years, only so many times we can all make our houses, farms, and secret bases till it gets old.
>>
>build nice camping center and infrastructure around it
>canceled by cobblehut niggers accused of "cheating"
>>
>>325117695
how pointless since it'll never be updated again since that tranny quit working on Sodium
>>
>>325118520
just add Create and you are done really
>>
how do i make a modpack that incites tribalism and gang violence? i want something that results in players choosing one of two methods to play the game, which are mutually exclusive. like maybe one method requires animal products to advance through its tech tree, while the other doesn't and gives debuffs to you when animals die in the area. or maybe one side lights things up to stop zombies and cause helpful mobs to spawn, while the other side is allied with conventional hostile mobs and is attacked by those "helpful" mobs.

any thoughts?
>>
>>325116671
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/opencubicchunks
>>
>>325120781
could always go for the classic tree hugger vs rock fugger
or ye olde tech vs magic
maybe even one tech mod + magic mod combo vs a different combo of two
or pick apart a mod, ie: one side gets a quarry while the other side gets a pulverizer + electric furnace
>>
>>325121880
>tech vs magic
too difficult to balance i suspect, while on popular modding versions theres quite a lot of mods to choose from in both camps, i think it would be quite limiting to the modpack itself trying to balance the two.
>maybe even one tech mod + magic mod combo vs a different combo of two
>tree hugger vs rock fugger
both are more promising. how does embers vs roots sound? theyre made by the same person so i suspect they play similarly. any tech mods that would go well with these two and also have similar balance, and be easy to turn into rock vs tree? all ores are from the ground so the tree hippie tech mod would need to still compete without mining, and have a similar degree of exploration and automation. maybe floating tree islands covered in tree roots that you need to get to.

>pick apart a mod
likely wouldnt work for main mod contents, but for supporting mods definitely.
>>
redpill me on create
>>
>>325122851
how about I kill you? huh? what if I just fucking kill you instead?
>>
>>325123394
ok but tell me about create first
>>
>>325123546
it's fun for making impractical farms and aesthetic builds. not my cup of tea, but still really well-made imo
>>
>>325123830
what mod is just redstone±
>>
>looking for hungry node
>find node with hunger aspect
>it's a normal node
stupid game baited me
>>
File: moomin.jpg (53 KB, 522x490)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Shill to me your comfiest mods
Go
>>
>>325123958
I only really fuck around with mob mods, so I'm useless in this department
>>
>>325123958
Botania, unironically. Just ignore the boss fight if you aren't into it.
>>
>>325124083
Rustic' fertilized soil is toothache saver and colour palettes it introduces aren't bad.
Extra utilities makes doing certain things like getting infinite blocks to fill whatever ugly cave you want or making a sorting system easy and pain-free. It also has (IMO) a fairly balanced way to introduce double-chest sized bags (Bags of holding).
There's something about Primitive mobs that makes them fun to play with. Sometimes they feel more like a part of the game than even actual game mobs like those new gray villagers.
>>
>>325124047
bout to "discover" one in a jar in a chest
things are fuckin impossible to find
>>
>>325127042
cheater.
>>
>>325123958
ProjectRed. It's the best fucking mod. It fits in literally any modpack that isn't a zero-building PvE adventure, alongside Railcraft, with a little tweaking to get rid of whatever doesn't fit.
>>
>>325124769
Botania isn't really redstone+, mana and the crafting shit with gay mana and waiting and whatever else ruins that potential. redstone doesn't have waiting bullshit like that. Create is far far more like redstone+ than Botania.
>>
Is there anything like Extra Utilities for 1.16? specially something with alternatives to the filter system, golden lazo, miner and bag of holding.
>>
>>325127835
I mean stuff like hopperhocks, that flower that push items, force relays, crafty crates, open crates and being able to plant crops with dispensers seem very redstone-like if you ask me. Granted, those are just a small part of the mod.
>>
File: Well fuck.png (16 KB, 595x226)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
Alright, I think I hit the limit on what I'm able to do by myself, can somebody give me a pointer on what in particular I'm getting wrong here.
For reference, I'm trying to use loottweaker to change THIS loot table to fix the fact that animania's author fucking hates the concept of leather >>324970852
Everything up to setRolls seems to script properly, but it doesn't seem to have the intended effect I want. I want the cows to always have a minimum guaranteed drop of 1 leather, and potentially up to 3 or so per cow. But cows still only dropped 1 leather, SOMETIMES, no guaranteed, no excess. I tried adding the setCount line too, despite having no clear idea what it does, and it gives me an error message in response, and meanwhile the cows ALSO don't give me the goddamn leather the way I want still.

How do I fix this mess of a script into something functional, before I track down the author of this mod and make leather out of HIM.
>>
>>325127869
shit, posted my reply in the wrong thread
still creative mode
>>
File: oopsies!.png (13 KB, 652x78)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>325127748
exploration in minecraft is godawful
>>
Can anybody shine some light on my issue perhaps? I've been using Mekanism's universal cabling to power some IC2 machines I have, because I don't want to run EU cabling into my AE2 auto crafting area. It's been working perfectly fine the past few days, but the most recent time I got on my world, all the IC2 machines had disconnected themselves from the universal cabling, nothing else, just the IC2 machines. And picking up and replacing the IC2 machines or the cabling they were connected to has not fixed it. nor has restarting the game.
>>
>>325128129
>asking for help without posting the error message
>>
>>325128509
Why exactly this time tho
>>
>>325128585
Update. EU cables wouldn't even connect to the IC2 machines. doing a complete restart of the client seems to have fixed it however. simply just quitting the world and reloading did not.
>>
>>325128317
Meh, Quark will cut but wish there were better options.
>>
>>325129938
Golden lasso, miner, etc. are all easy outs compared to what a proper tech mod would give you. But there aren't really any proper tech mods for 1.16 anyhow. There's probably some pre-1.5-tier item sorter box mod out there if you're too much of a brainlet for hopper sorting (hopper pipes make it cheaper IIRC). The bag of holding is just a more early-game shulker, don't really see a need for it.
>>
Can you disable Quark Oddities features like you can with default Quark itself? I want those pipes and the totem of dying but nothing else.
>inb4 cope keepInventory wheels fag
Yeah, suck my ass. The romantic feel of risk-reward stuff wears off when you randomly die exploring 7k blocks away from your base because you forgot to carry a fucking bed and you triggered a creeper trying to get rid of shitty phantoms but you happen to be over a fucking ravine below a 1-thick sand layer, in the middle of a fucking desert.
>>325129486
The above for me.
>>
>>325130352
>Can you disable Quark Oddities features like you can with default Quark itself
Of course.
>pipes
what about charm or inspirations or whatever mod it was that had the better hopper pipes? quark's pipes are shit in comparison.
>>
>>325130148
Miner is indeed me just being lazy, but i might miss that golden lazo, because really hate to deal with fucking villagers for food (me setting up a village breeders for butchers and farmers, as i kinda find animal breeding being annoying in the long term).
>>
File: 2021-02-19_01.04.29.png (1.14 MB, 1920x1080)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>325129486
went around 10000 blocks from base and I'm sick and tired of having to wait for chunks to load
it's simply not enjoyable, sure I get to see generation like this but that just makes me disappointed because it's 6000+ blocks away from spawn and would have been completely unrealistic for me to travel and set up base there
>>
>>325130440
Do those exist for 1.16? I got bored of 1.12 and wanna check what's up with all the new vanilla stuff for a while.
>>
>>325130581
It always tiresome relying on dungeons' loot tables, it feels cheaty but sometimes you gotta tweak those a bit.
>also
Nether traveling or waystones are a thing, i set my base far away from the spawn whenever i feel i like the challenge of figuring out how to balance farms and comfy livehood.
>>
File: Full.png (18 KB, 656x338)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>325129457
Ah, sorry, I didn't include it because honestly I didn't even expect the error message to have any bearing on it at all, I have no reference for what I wrote and literally just threw the last line there out of desperation.

So, for full reference, this is the loot table file I'm trying to alter with loottweaker
https://pastebin.com/3x4pQ6ku

The image on this post is the script I have

And this is the error message it gives me when I run it
https://pastebin.com/qB2msyuB

If I omit the last line on the script I have, the error doesn't show, so I know that's broken somehow.
But also none of it gives me the result I want: Guaranteed leather drops from that particular loot table.
>>
>>325131093
I'm a slow kind of guy
by the time I've a nether portal I've anchored down with enough of a base that moving is more pain than it's worth
>>
>>325130702
No clue, at least one should. Too bad I suspect they're all on Forge.
>>
>>325114036
Are there any packs/mods that make 1.12 water look nicer? I tried 1.16 Valhelsia and it makes a big difference to the overall worlds appeal. There may have been another mod I'm confusing for vanilla, but the question still stands.
>>
Are Quark's and Yung's cave generations compatible?
>>
>>325132449
I just used a resource pack to make it look like 1.13 water.

>>325132540
Yes? At least Yung's cave generation + Quarks cave biomes can and has worked for me in 1.12.2.
>>
>>325128129
The "functions" array is immutable according to the documentation.

untested code:

import loottweaker.LootTweaker;
import loottweaker.vanilla.loot.LootTable;
import loottweaker.vanilla.loot.LootPool;
import loottweaker.vanilla.loot.Conditions;
import loottweaker.vanilla.loot.Functions;

//it is good practice to use constants instead of variables if you will not be changing their values
val table = LootTweaker.getTable("farm/animania:cow_prime");
val pool = table.getPool("leather");

pool.removeEntry("minecraft:leather");
//read documentation for this: https://loottweaker-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/type-docs/loot-pool.html
//MINVALUE and MAXVALUE are placeholders for actual float values
pool.addItemEntryHelper(<minecraft:leather>, 1, 0, [Functions.setCount(MINVALUE, MAXVALUE)], []);
//setCount() is a static method for Functions, this is why it caused an error for you

Other documentation:
https://loottweaker-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/reference/example-script.html
https://docs.blamejared.com/1.12/en/Vanilla/Data/DataMap/
>>
File: 2021-02-19_03.22.41.png (1.2 MB, 1920x1080)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
weird bit of worldgen
>>
File: 2021-02-19_03.29.00.png (1.21 MB, 1920x1080)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>325135070
even weirder bit
>>
File: Sleepin_Samus.jpg (107 KB, 312x296)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
Do you think hardcore disposable playing is the only way to go or is viable making a 1.16 Vanilla+ world now and keep myself into spawnchunk' boundaries in the meantime while 1.17 modding catches up if i add stuff like Yung's mineshafts and BetterNether to the mix? How hard do you think they'd tank the world gen. changes in the porting process? I guess i'm overthinking it but i don't want to commit too much in a world that isn't going to last.
>>
File: 2021-02-19_00.52.07.png (1.46 MB, 1920x1080)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>325135320
for (You)
>>
>>325135445
I meant, only viable way if you care for see what's up with the new shit, as everyone is comfy in 1.12 for stable playthrough.
>>
>>325135445
>terminal zoom-zoom mentality
You're not having fun by playing but actually just waste time analysing how long this version still be hottest newest shit?
Pathetic.
>>
>>325132449
>>325133057
This pack seemed to be what I was looking for: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/texture-packs/modernity
I'm still testing it out, but support for bop and other mods is pretty decent as well
>>
>>325136832
Is he even allowed to be releasing what is technically Mojang's textures like that, unchanged?
>>
>>325136832
I don't like some of the new textures, so I just like the less blue water.

>>325137012
Considering he's adding them as a mod to minecraft itself, it's probably fine. Should the "snad" mod need permission to use the sand texture? What about railcraft recolouring iron blocks for steel blocks?
>>
>>325137114
>Considering he's adding them as a mod to minecraft itself, it's probably fine
You would think, but mod loaders/servers like bukkit aren't allowed to use Vanilla code even though they are essentially just Minecraft mods as well.
>>
Any good aquatic mods for 1.16 (mobs, some structures, maybe ores but vanilla only if posible) or did they all sunk in 1.12?
>>
16.5 Biomes O Plenty Barley. Does it have a use? I can't find a use. JEI isnt showing it have any crafting uses or anything
>>
>>325140329
Much like the rest of biomes o plenty, it is useless fluff.
>>
>>325140329
Same as wheat?
>>
>>325146230
nope. they removed how you can use it to make bread.
>>
>>325137012
Probably not, but with the number of backport mods that just straight rip the new code to old versions, Mojang doesn't seem to care too much.
>>
Create but with the industrial aesthetics of Immersive Engineering when?
>>
>>325140329
You could always add some recipes yourself.
>>
>>325155368
What sort of industrial stuff do you want in Create?
>>
Is CurseForge the go to place for texture packs? You guys have any ones you like?
>>
>>325156094
Ultimately what I mean is a mod with the creative ethos of Create + moving block contraptions but with diesel and powerlines instead of cogs and windmills. Steampunk is just not really my thing
>>
>>325156747
You can get Create Crafts & Additions mod, it adds an electric motor
>>
>>325156214
Pixel Perfection with very limited mod support made by autistic faggots here
>>
>>325125169
Rustic and extrautils are already staples of my packs
Primitive Mobs seems comfy but all of its functions are already fulfilled by other mods in my pack
>>
File: 1613750632288.jpg (47 KB, 300x295)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>325136759
Stop making my autistic dilema sound also retarded I just settled and downloaded SkyFactory again anyways
>>
>>325114036
what mods?
>>
>>325168239
it's just farmer's delight
>>
For automagy, the essentia aggregator states that "there is still more you could do with the locus in the future", yet it seems there's no more locus-specific research beyond that point. Am I missing something?
>>
>>325138274
Upgrade Aquatic, maybe.
>>
>>325156747
>diesel and powerlines instead of cogs and windmills
honestly I think that would simplify the coolness of Create a little bit.
>>
>>325176319
How so?
>>
>>325173097
>Bloatbrap Aquatic
Its a same no one made a mod that adds just a few more hostile mobs to the sea and maybe some shellfish to dive for pearls. 1.16 already makes the sea more alive and interesting that any overland biome, it doesn't really need all the bullshit in update aquatic, but the hostile thrashers are super cool. Why do mods always go overboard and add so much useless shit.
>>
>>325177042
Alex's mobs has a hammerhead shark and Outvoted has a kraken, you could just disable the other mobs.
>>
>>325176421
what makes it cool is the gears and torque stress system, going to power lines and just plugging in an HV connector to the back of your machine would be pretty lame.. Unless you mean purely for powering an engine that generates the mechanical rotation that is used by the cogs and axles, in which case I guess that'd be pretty neat and probably make a little more sense than doing everything with a water source block..
>>
>>325177042
>Bloatbrap Aquatic
it doesn't add THAT much Anon, the most egregious I can see is that redstone gadget from the Guardian, but you could just... Not use it?
>>
>>325177718
I guess to me what's cool is not the way it generates power, but instead that rather than adding a bunch of machines, it adds a bunch of parts that you can connect together in a variety of ways, and that it enables cool stuff with moving blocks. I'm not actually arguing it should change or anything, just a throwaway comment that I prefer the aesthetics of smokestacks and hanging wires to cogs
>>
>>325178785
The thing that immediately comes to mind here is the idea of having a generic "oven", made up of oven bricks, that you scale up or down in size or change the shape of, and control the temperature of through various means. For example, in Immersive Engineering, what really is the difference between an alloy kiln, a coke oven, and the blast furnace, given that they're all just big cubes that you toss fuel and metal into.

The same could be done for smokestacks, which are used to guide a reverse-liquid (smoke) out of your factory area, akin to the natural gas in Buildcraft.
>>
>>325180120
I actually tried attaching a Create pipe to a flywheel furnace engine, was hoping smoke would come out
>>
Can Create be installed in an already generated world? doesn't it use some random metal OC like Tin or Aluminium?
>>
>>325183820
It adds copper and nickel, plus decorative stones.
>>
>>325183820
You can install and it probably has a retrogen option, or you can be a technowizard and alchemize your metals into each other.
>>
>>325184072
Shit, now i've to fiddle with MCA Selector.
>>
why does create's rope pulley in my cocoa bean farm always end up smashing through the floor and hitting bedrock.
>>
>>325188967
maybe you should post some pics of how you have it set up
>>
>>325189219
nah i'm just gonna use a mechanical bearing and radial chassis now.
>>
does anyone ever use Magneticraft in their setup? I never hear anything about it
I'm guessing it just gets overshadowed by IE
>>
Has anyone been able to run BetterNether' forge port in 1.16+? i can't even make it start as a solo mod. Man i fucking hate this mod spitting shit.
>>
>>325198554
I've tried but it's not as crafttweaker friendly as IE
>>
>>325114036
Anyone help me debug Retro+Magitek-2.4.0.0 from the archive? Trying to launch in multiMC
Errorlog:
paste dot ee /p/QB6Jb
>>
Quick, I need your finest maps! CTM, adventure, whatever, so long as they're at least around the quality of Blightfall.
>>
>>325201705
>so long as they're at least around the quality of Blightfall
toymy
>>
>>325202178
I said YOUR finest, not MY finest.
>>
>modpack has things gated behind botania runemaking
>automate it with non-botania items
get fucked vagskee
>>
File: 1613777890189.png (477 KB, 750x619)
477 KB
477 KB PNG
I'm curious, something like what is going to happen with Copper (modded ore used everywhere suddenly has now a vanilla counterpart) happened ever to other resources? What did/would do modders to circunvent the migration from older releases? Just said "yeah man just delete the chunks or reset the world"?
>>
File: 1613778085243.jpg (15 KB, 299x192)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>325210529
I think i'm one of the few weird mega autists that actually enjoy that mod. I kinda wanna know which're the friction points that make people burn out, just to know how fucked i am. Granted, i haven't really made a lot with it.
>>
>>325211593
quartz, maybe
at least one mod added emeralds which have been replaced by peridot, pistons were a mod, pretty sure granite/andesite/diorite were from a mod, in fact the vast (VAST) majority of new features are just mod offshoots especially on newer updates
I don't really remember any off the top of my head but I also don't really follow minecraft updates
>>325211983
I don't really like the no gui meme, like sure it's certainly interesting and lets you automate with simple redstone timers and stuff but throwing things on the floor like a neanderthal really grinds my gears
also I don't like the flowers and shit, and wish the guide book gave actual statistical "gayflower1 picks up any pink item in x range around it and produces y mana for every z dicks sucked" information instead of forcing me to still look things up on the wiki for specifics
>>
>>325212654
>spoiler
Yeh, me neither, i'm fine in SSP 1.12 for the time being for my own shit, but sometimes i chill out in a lightly-modded Vanilla+ upstream server (so basically just Quark, Farmer's delight, datapacks and few dungeons mods, with Create if something else). They're hesitant to install Ice N Fire for the above reason. I can't renember exactly what use did copper had on I&F but sure it was something shitty. Actually i find that kind of mods kinda meh and never bothered to really try it even when it was everyone's favorite shoehorn.
>>
How do you keep other dimension's chunks loaded? Is that locked by Vanilla?
>>
>>325214728
use a chunkloader
>>
>>325219054
Wait that shit keeps loaded the chunk from the other dimension too?
>>
>>325219228
can't think of any chunkloaders that don't
be careful that you're using a stable chunkloader and not one that corrupts your world
>>
>>325219228
Pretty sure a good chunkloader goes:
>keep chunk X in dimension Y loaded
>>
>>325219371
>>325223094
Allright, i'll have to figue out one then tks
>>
File: 1606140052997.png (3.42 MB, 2048x1152)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB PNG
everyone enjoying the 1.7.10 version of my mod?
>>
>>325224951
Yes Pam, but I would like to report a bug. You forgot to put your patreon link in all the recipes!
>>
>>325223343
Railcraft World Anchors are generally considered good, from what I remember. Also there's various standalone chunk loader mods, for instance The Weirding Gadget.
>>
File: furnaceEngine.png (1.44 MB, 1920x1017)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
share your create furnace engine designs
>>
>>325211983
I don't think it's a bad mod. At the very least, it's better than 90% of mods we played with back before the client-server merger. It's well balanced, has plenty of content ranging from early-game to end-game, and doesn't hit the power-creep too hard at the end. If it creeps too hard for your modpack, it's relatively easy to tweak.
>>
File: file.png (864 KB, 1794x1139)
864 KB
864 KB PNG
I want to split one create input belt into 3 spaced out output ones.How are you supposed to do it cleanly without dropping some of your input?
>>
>>325237821
put a 6th one and then curve those extra ones back onto the main one
>>
TFW feeling when anon asks for help debugging his code and then you debug it and then he leaves without reading your help :(
>>
>>325237610
It requires attention that might gets in your way when is tweaked like shit in modpacks, i think that's the gripe.
>>
There's something that i don't understand about Quark. It is objectively the epitome of bloat, yet you don't really feel it that way most of the time.
>>
>>325245483
Speak for yourself, I feel it all the time when I play those premade pack
>>
>>325245483
>It is objectively the epitome of bloat
what about it is bloat other than those retarded cave roots?
>>
>>325245483
Because all the features fit about as well into the base game as you can imagine, and they're all tweakable in the configs. Don't like something, don't include it. Easy.

>>325246102
>premade pack
You made one mistake.

>>325246616
>what about it is bloat
I'm guessing he means the hundred new decorative blocks that serve no other purpose. It has a low "extra play hours" per item/block added ratio, which I'd say is a reasonable measure of bloat. But considering Chisel is a mainstream mod these days, I think Quark is the least of our concerns.
>those retarded cave roots
Do you know how easy they are to farm? I've got chests and chests full of them, it's a great food source for filling up Culinary Construct sammiches. The black/white/blue roots also give neat effects.
>>
>>325246616
here's a complete list of all the bloat within the quark mod:
https://ftb.gamepedia.com/Quark
>>
>>325134349
I'm very late on it, but thank you, Anon. I was specifically trying to avoid clearing the loot pool and just re-adding the same item back, in my head something involving just tweaking the values of the existing pool seemed more "elegant", but after how much time I wasted incompetently trying to figure out on your own, your suggestion has ended up saving me a whole lot of grief. Even if I'm not qualified enough to understand almost a good half of what you said.
Thank you!
>>
>>325247598
Yeah I made one mistake and it was playing a pack with Quark in it.
>>
>>325245483
>MUH BLOAT
literally everything is optional and configurable, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: 2021-02-20_03.37.00.png (3.03 MB, 1920x1080)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB PNG
>ravine running less than a dozen blocks away from the seashore right outside my base
I'm not good at these kinds of projects, but this just sounds like an invitation to set up a hydroelectric dam for power generation. Might be a bit confusing to mentally justify where the water goes after it moves past the turbines, but too good a chance to just let pass up
>>
can someone explain again why sodium/lithium/etc. can't be implemented in vanilla minecraft when it doubles my fps
>>
>>325251784
bloat
>>
>>325249903
What's wrong with Quark?
>>
>>325246616
Lots of items, and some stuff is redundant if you've others tech mods, althought everything is toggleabe, and those that are just decorative at least actually fucking look good, unlike Chisel. >>325247598 Chisel is a good concept but falls flat because 90% of the texture look fucking horrible, you end dissabling like 80% of it and even then you stills having a bunch of junk left.
>>
>>325252252
There're people used to a very practical playstyle and Quark isn't a mod that fits totally that use. Vast mayority of it is aesthetic or focused on andventure.
>>
I thought the mod was useless and gay but as it turns out, Blood Magic is actually really useful. the Serenade of the Nether and the Ritual of the Full Spring or whatever their names are, the lava and water generation things are super nice.
>>
>>325250606
it goes to Pellucidar anon
>>
>>325260153
I get the feeling that Blood Magic's sacrificial temple aesthetic would go well in the Aether.
>>
>>325260426
Now i want some massive hole in the ground leading to the negative-Y large caverns. I guess I should make that kind of hole myself, eh?
>>
>>325260650
just play 1.17 anon lol tee emm mojang rocks ilovemojang
>>
File: 1609684657199.jpg (43 KB, 665x667)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>looking at Openperipheral
>it claims to add a variety of peripheral uses for blocks
>claims to add AR glasses and a few other things
>those items include a sensor and "PIM"
>official documentation is nowhere to be found for these things
>not even anything on their site using wayback machine
>have to use the FTB wiki for any detailed info
What possesses a person to write a mod and then not document it, especially one relating to scripting and programming?
>>
im gay
>>
File: Stuck in spawner.jpg (193 KB, 1920x1080)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
Why do they keep getting stuck?
>>
File: 14332576344.png (1.1 MB, 1920x1017)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
has he posted anymore recently?
>>
>>325273206
https://www.reddit.com/user/Yrthak/
>>
>>325245483
Literally everything you consider bloat can be set to not even get loaded at game launch, so no.
>>
>>325274784
If I remember, most things are loaded but just have recipes turned off. But you can just hide them in JEI to effectively remove them.
>>
File: tranny wood.png (21 KB, 630x288)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
wtf is this?
>>
File: tree of transformation.png (651 KB, 1440x838)
651 KB
651 KB PNG
>>325278106
A part of the Tree of Transformation, given the title "transwood" likely because the author may have felt "transformation wood" was too long for viewing in NEI:
https://ftbwiki.org/Transwood
https://ftbwiki.org/Heart_of_Transformation
https://ftbwiki.org/Leaves_of_Transformation
https://ftbwiki.org/Tree_of_Transformation
https://hexxit.fandom.com/wiki/Tree_of_Transformation
>>
>>325279276
He said in a reddit AMA that he named the tree that because its the tree trannies hang themselves on.
>>
What's the point of Culinary Construct if the sandwiches just give as much food as the ingredients combined? Is it just for stacking?
>>
>>325251784
>sodium/lithium/etc.
is there any equivalent for 1.12? i already use optifine
>>
>>325271739
Use blue ice so they slide with the water current.
>>
File: Circle of mages.jpg (1005 KB, 1920x1080)
1005 KB
1005 KB JPG
Need a roof for these but I can't come up with a fitting design. Any ideas?
>>
>>325287067
just put it all inside a pyramid idk
>>
>>325290139
Each "circle" needs an individual roof since they're prisons.
>>
File: 2021-02-20_19.09.14.png (1.03 MB, 1920x1080)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
i suck at building pointy roofs
any help?
>>
>1.12 cauldrons can't be filled by fluiducts nor EnderIO conduits
What the fug
>>
>>325293615
cauldrons don't have a proper fluid inventory do they not? isn't it just block states?
>>
>>325279276
Nah it's obviously some tranny related thing.
>main colors are blue and pink
>has a heart on it for no discernible reason
>is called tree of transformation despite not transforming anything
Really it fits too perfectly into the "uwu trans are wholesome and magical" meme to be anything else.
>>
>>325295854
Perfect for setting on fire.
>>
>>325295854
>despite not transforming anything
It literally transforms biomes into the Enchanted Forest. That's its purpose. Link reposted because you apparently didn't read the first time.
https://hexxit.fandom.com/wiki/Tree_of_Transformation
>>
Well fuck I JUST found out that horses you ride actually can just outright go invisible after you dismount them, what the fuck. And here I spent years thinking I was just dumb and kept losing track of them after getting off...
>>
>>325296882
Yeah stop playing outdated, broken buggy versions and it won't happen.
>>
>>325296754
It "transforms" it by making the grass change color… Yeah I'm pretty sure there are at least 5 other modded trees and 1 vanilla tree which does that, yet none of them have trans in their name.
>>
>>325297614
>stop playing broken, buggy versions
are they ever going to make one?
>>
File: 1589477663714.png (3.16 MB, 1920x1080)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB PNG
I hope 1.12.2 slowly becomes the new modding standard now that Rebirth of the Night is getting a huge update in the next few weeks. Kitchen sink packs will be eternally BTFO
>>
>>325273206
what mod adds that fog? looks fucking sick
>>
>>325299916
misty world
>>
>>325300027
Well I'm disappointed that it isn't a standalone mod. But it also looks like a decent dimension mod that I've never heard of before.

I'd also like a volumentric cloud mod that isn't the bloaty weather mod.
>>
>>325297820
I'm pretty sure it's been a thing since before self mutilation and eventual suicide was a fashionable life decision circa 2015.
>>
>>325299612
it's cool but I don't actually want to play it because of their gay dev plans it just seems like it will be eternally unfinished.
>>
>>325297820
If it was a tranny tree it'd be that blue and pink homo flag colors brah, like that tranny Pokemon
>>
>>325301813
It's sad that most modpacks are endless microcrafting and tech autism, but even if there's many flaws/shortcomings in RotN, it's setting a new standard for adventure/survival packs in the style of Terraria. The devs even commission and improve on already existing mods in the 1.12.2 modspace. I'm just waiting for some genius to swoop in and improve on all these concepts and release a better RotN-esque modpack.
>>
>watching some guy playthrough a modpack to get ideas for the one I'm playing
>digs up machinery underground, leaving a hole
>only patches up the visible hole and doesn't fill the entire thing in
I'm disgusted
>>
>>325305013
I don't think commissioning improvements to mods will ever become standard
>>
>>325305559
Well it's not just improving on existing mods.
Check out Onslaught, which basically a cleaner and more efficient invasion mod a la Terraria: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/onslaught
Blows HW:Invasions out the water
>>
>>325299612
That pack looks like a kitchen sink pack to me. The Aether and Twilight Forest? Higher poly animal mobs? I think their goals are good ones but I'm not sure they are actually moving in the right direction. I'll hold out but I don't have a lot of hope.
>>
>>325306123
Play it yourself and see
>>
>>325306123
Not sure where you're getting the poly animal mobs idea from but the developers are pretty explicit about making a cohesive experience not just throwing shit in there.
>>
>>325308560
Ok I'll bite. https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/better-animal-models
>>
is there any possible way to hack it so you join a server where it doesnt say you joined and it doesnt appear in any record which says who joined?

ive been accused of griefing a server and id like to know if this is possible, if it isnt then i know who did it.
>>
>>325308989
What's wrong with different models? In the first place how are different models the hallmark of some kitchen sink? It makes the game/world feel significantly different. It's a good trick.
>>
>>325313593
Firstly you asked where the higher poly models were from as if they didn't exist. What is wrong with them is that they don't fit with the vanilla aesthetic of minecraft. So unless you replace all the models they look out of place imo.
>In the first place how are different models the hallmark of some kitchen sink?
My first impression was that of a kitchen sink because of the sheer amount of mods and specifically those such as The Aether and Twilight Forest that I think work well enough on their own in a vacuum but don't play well in a large pack. As well as those animal mods I mentioned which add no real benefit to gameplay other than 'feel' as you say.
Furthermore you seem to trust more in what the devs say they're trying to do rather than coming to a conclusion of your own based on merit.
>the developers are pretty explicit about making a cohesive experience
Lots of pack developers promise the world and fail to deliver. They'll claim it is lightweight except it has "every mod but the kitchen sink". They're no different from the game devs that do the same. You want to make a judgement of your own? Fine but don't tell me the devs have said this or that. Tell me what they've done.
>>
File: niger3.png (57 KB, 962x294)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
I love this mod pack, i don't know any mod and it takes ages to make progress, I love it
>>
decided to time my modded bootup time
absolute nonsense right here
>>
>>325319950
how many mods, what version?
>>
>>325321552
1.12, 243 mods
here's a screen of the fattest mods in my folder, I'll probably have to remove some of these
Botania will be the first to go
maybe Misty World as well, it's a comfy dimension but doesn't add any real content
don't really need Dynamic Surroundings either I guess
>>
>>325324963
>243
Yeah 150 is my max, and that's with vanilla+ and performance improving mods. Tweaking anything more than that just takes forever.

Do you have the performance improving mod suite?
>>
>>325324963
>1.12, 243 mods
1.12 already has problems with load times due to Mojang fucking around with things in the 1.8/1.9 updates, with it modded that far I'm surprised you get it to load that fast.
>>
>>325319950
>>325324963
>>325329060
>>325330771
And people wonder why some of us still stick to 1.7. I've had 120+ mods before, and at most it takes 2-3 minutes max.
>>
>>325334024
>I've had 120+ mods before
He's got literally more than twice that, not a very good comparison. He's also got a lot of rather large mods. Unless you can make a benchmark with matched mod sizes, comparisons between versions are near useless.
>>
>>325334365
>He's got literally more than twice that
Fair enough.
>Unless you can make a benchmark with matched mod sizes
As far as I'm aware, no one has ever done this before.
>>
>>325335656
>As far as I'm aware, no one has ever done this before.
It would be a real pain, as there are a bunch of nuances between writing code for each version, and there's also a lot of different things you could control for. One half-decent comparison would be a simple mod like Chisel or Pam's, but who knows how consistently they're programmed.
>>
>>325114036
why does fabric exist?
>>
>>325346090
to rustle your jimmies
>>
>>325346090
doesn't run like shit
>>
>broke a drawer with 115k logs in it, what's the worst that could happen??
>game is frozen for minutes and then runs at less than 0.5 frames a second
>server closes
oops..
>>
File: They don't know.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1080)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>
>>325334024
GTNH is on 1.7.10 and it takes the longest to launch out of any modpack I've ever played, other than Greedycraft.
>>
>>325350463
Explain
>>
>>325351059
Age of empires reference to wololo. You need to be 18+ to be here.
>>
>>325346090
Because Forge was taking forever to update to 1.13 and then 1.14, so some folks decided to try making their own modloader with blackjack and hooters.
>>
I hope fabric gains more and more traction, it's ability to mod the game is much greater and more flexible than that of Forge, it's only missing really huge content mods because the majority of current devs are used to Forge and have Stockholm syndrome.
>>
Vintage Story, Yes or No?
>>
>>325353559
Never heard of it but it looks nice.
>>
>>325350473
>Playing a prebuilt modpack
>Not making your own from the ground up
>>
>>325350473
>other than Greedycraft
what do you rate it out of 10
>>
>>325114036
How do you guys deal with people building worldeaters on multiplayer servers? It’s a group of 6 of us and I don’t want to rock the boat but two of them are destroying a lot of the land close to spawn for no reason.
>>
>>325355096
what are those, quarries?
if spawn is decorated or some kind of hub, or if it's getting close to your base or something tell them to cut it out or move them somewhere further away
just don't be a faggot about it and let them know that you're concerned about it
>>
hehmehtcrwahft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmxDWvIRKrQ
>>
>>325355350
more based than any actual member of hermitcraft right now honestly
>>
>>325355350
So I'm guessing you're the one who sent him the fake email?
>>
>>325354390
I didn't play it very far, it has a lot of polish and seems like it could be cool, but it's also pretty casual based on the quest rewards that I played up to. I'd recommend putting the pack in the harder expert mode before you launch it if you are going to try it.
>>
>>325355096
If they are fucking up anything near where people are, they are in the wrong. Any sort of resource gathering that is destructive like that either happens in another dimension, or several thousand blocks away. Who is going to fix the ugly scars in the world? They sure as shit ain't. A permanent eyesore for all. Great.
>>
>>325358286
Am I in the wrong if I quarry out in the middle of the ocean far away from everyone else?
>>
>>325359668
>far away from everyone else
no
>the middle of the ocean
yes
unless you fence off the sides of it somehow and put a pump on the quarry to replace the water with air instead of causing 18 gorillion fluid updates you're not doing anyone any favors even with the quarry out of eyesight
>>
Mods developers shouldn't let players crash their game.
>>
>>325360101
But what if I'm the one hosting the server & quarrying in the wee hours of the night when no one else is online?
>>
>>325360758
>But what if I'm the one hosting
oh then go crazy with whatever
>>
File: 2021-02-21_00.39.59.png (1.54 MB, 1920x1017)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>325360814
Cheers anon. Although I do worry that my buddy's 9 block auto-smeltery may cause some issues as it continues to grow.
>>
>>325361586
>has the smeltery tank piping out into a drum
???
unless that's the one that takes stuff that I haven't even begun to touch
>>
File: 2021-02-21_00.44.09.png (8 KB, 459x94)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>325361701
>unless that's the one that takes stuff
Yeah.
>>
>when you hurriedly throw together some machines to produce something you want and feel disgusted at how cramped and ugly it all is
>>
>tfw no good way to stop/discourage players from mining through your handcrafted dungeons without removing or nerfing their ability to build and destroy their own shit
>>
>>325363929
You should be able to do it like twilight forest, make some kind of event that the blocks listen for to change their state from unbreakable to breakable. That way they can break the blocks once they kill the boss or beat the dungeon etc.
>>
>>325363929
Chococraft Repoured makes it so you can't break the dungeon until you defeat the boss inside
>>
>>325117358
so its a badge of honor then?
>>
File: 2021-02-21_00.42.52.png (888 KB, 1600x900)
888 KB
888 KB PNG
Any mods that adds guns? Preferably 3d modeled guns that npcs can hold and aim without looking like they're trying to use a boomstick as broomstick.

I had techguns installed for the gun models for my custom npcs. I've recently started reinstalling mods for a fresh new start, but this dumb mod is just crashing my game by existing, so I'm looking for an alternative.
>>
What pack would you recommend to someone who is fairly familiar with nu-Minecraft but hasn't touched any mods since 2011-2012 Tekkit?
I don't mind fuck you amounts of mods
>>
>>325353559
literally TFC but it costs money unless you pirate it like everyone
played it, deleted it, it was shit.
>>
Is there a Create addon that converts SU to RF? A bunch of extra mods I have need RF but I hate the idea of installing multiple redundant tech mods
>>
>>325352992
I've decided to try my hand at modding and I'm trying Fabric, was pretty pleased with how easy it was to set things up.
>>
>>325390250
Create Crafts and Additions I think it's called. Beta mod but might work
>>
>>325375457
Vic's or that gun mod in Civia
>>
>>325375457
you know with a resource pack you an easily make any item a 3d model.
>>
>>325353559
>>>/indie/
>>>/egg/
>>
Should i add Mekanism to my IE and Create modpack? Won't Mekanism's machines make the other two mods redundant?
>>
>>325395442
Why do you want to add Mekanism?
>>
>>325395809
It has more uses for copper i guess.
>>
File: sf4ever.png (883 KB, 1920x1080)
883 KB
883 KB PNG
>>325385859
SkyFactory 4 if you want a decent amount of quest-backed grind.
>>
>>325395929
If you don't have any real reason to add it then don't add it
>>
Honestly the only thing still keeping me tethered to 1.12 now is MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod. The 1.16 version doesn't have televisions I can upload gifs to, or radios for music.
>>
>>325355350
That was pretty cute but I have to assume you're the sexual predator responsible for the fake invite
>>
>>325397864
>cute
>not cringe
sounds like you may be a predator buddy.
>>
Suppose I'm playing on a heavily modded 1.7.10 server with a few friends and I'm bored of simply climbing through magic mirrors to travel to and from their bases.
What are some more entertaining ways to arrive? We've tossed in a lot of mods over the months and I'm pretty much set for life at this point so materials aren't an issue.
I feel like my end goal will be to climb into an AE2 spatial drive, use an automated system to hand that (and other materials) to a drone with a chunkloader and navigator, send the drone to the middle of my friend's base, build an AE2 spatial drive frame and then activate it to release me. That's going to be a lot of work, though, and I'm only a novice at lua scripting so I'm gonna need some baby steps before then.
>>
>>325400956
>entertaining, not necessarily instant or even fast
TRAINS
Multiblock airships
Multiblock ships
>>
File: 1597672836852.png (585 KB, 1080x1080)
585 KB
585 KB PNG
>>325399048
No... Not like this. This can't be happening!
>>
File: 2020-12-05_21.png (3.77 MB, 1920x1080)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB PNG
Anyone tried Alex's mobs?

>>325400956
For 1.7.10 it's Railcraft trains and whatever airship mod.
>>
File: ion_sniper.png (420 KB, 1920x1080)
420 KB
420 KB PNG
>>325375457
MatterOverdrive: Legacy Edition
>>
>>325401534
>>325402536
I'd like the arrival to be unexpected, at least the first time. Can railcraft trains place down tracks as they go?
>>
>>325402735
No, I think you needed Steve's Carts for that.

I might remember it wrong but you could almost use it like a car if you had a thing placing down tracks in front and a thing removing tracks at the back.
>>
>>325402735
>Can railcraft trains place down tracks as they go?
If you set them up right:
https://railcraft.info/wiki/cart:track_layer
>>
>>325403047
>>325403394
I'll look into these and the airships. Thank you!
>>
>>325402536
Alex's Mobs is really good. Everything feels very high quality, and it's pretty configurable.
>>
Is there a mod to decyfer Random Enchants descriptions? What's the faggots problem anyway?
>>
>>325402536
This looks amazing. I wish so much that it were for 1.12. Makes me want to make my own mod some day (that mostly steals models from other mods kek)
>>
File: 2021-02-21_08.19.03.png (1.97 MB, 1600x900)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB PNG
>>325393009
>>325402668
Thanks. These are exactly what I'm looking for. I was really getting sick of Techguns for a myriad of reasons.

>MW has dedicated crawling.
Okay now where has this been all my life? Not having to use trap doors or an elytra is a blessing. I was originally using Ido, but it looks like I can throw that out and pick up Aqua Acrobatics for the swimming part.
>>
File: 1605396976070.png (21 KB, 1116x312)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>325407595
>Random Enchants descriptions
>>
>>325414209
What a tool. How hard is it to make a short description for something you yourself wrote the code for? Probably easier than making 'joke' fuck you descriptions.
>>
>>325406018
>>325407873
Create + Alex's Mobs might be enough reason to try out 1.16
>>
>>325413061
>MW has dedicated crawling
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>325414209
>>325415126
But the descriptions on the mod page are normal so I don't really get why he doesn't just use those descriptions.
>>
>>325415962
Yeah besides a few overhaul mods/packs there's not much left on old versions for me
>>
>>325416727
Just saw that myself. Are those descriptions modifiable via the locale in a resourcepack? If so I'd just copy those descriptions and overwrite using your own custom resourcepack.
>>
File: lang.png (29 KB, 687x460)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>325416727
>>325419271
Just checked it and yeah they are in the en_us.lang file if you extract the jar. Just modify those values to the descriptions found on the web.
>>
>>325419271
>>325419598
Didn't know you could use 7zip to open jar files. Kind of tedious but it'll do. Thanks.
>>
>>325420703
Once you start making a custom resourcepack it gets easier. You don't need to zip it up like the ones you find on the web either. You can just leave it as a directory and add to it as needed. I have done a lot of changes to avoid overlap of things like multiple mods adding a 'pine' tree. I can change it to another closely related type of tree and have both mods without naming overlap.
>>
redpill me on applied energistics, what does it do?
>>
>>325422290
storage system and autocrafting, basically
>>
File: 1585832211310.png (1.8 MB, 2560x1361)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
How can I integrate these buffer gas tanks in my Mekanism 4x ore processing setup properly? I have to set them to output on the bottom to get them to actually output anything, and apparently they won't take in extra gas on an output side..
>>
>>325427564
nevermind figured out I have to use them AS pipes..
>>
>>325390250
>>325392205
yea the alternator is the item that converts su to rf
>>
post your pipes
I want to see them
>>
>>325436887
These are not my pipes, but I am posting them anyway, because these are the pipes that all other pipes wish they could be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFfLCuHSZ-U
>>
File: 2021-02-21_21.54.37.png (268 KB, 1776x1000)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
>>325436887
This is my cobbleworks. It's not too extensive but it's everything I need regularly.

May swap out the solid pipes for glass ones for prettiness, it was made when i did not have much resources
>>
>>325438150
>engines having to power wooden pipes to export items
fuck
maximum soul
this was technic pack, right?
or technic classic or whatever
>>
Be honest with me

Is Create soi or is it good?
>>
How come mining and farming automation was always so boring? It's the main point of the game but no mod ever figured out how to make it.
>>
>>325439760
>1.16
don't be fooled by the zoomer tourists, it's massively soi
>>
Quark pipes are top soul. Single item, no fancy insterter/extractor device. Simple logic that fits vanilla well and encourages clever pipe economy. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a bloatlet.
>>
>>325440025
They've barely even changed anything since 1.12?
>>
>>325440541
that's the point. The modding scene moving to it is versionchasing idiocy.
>>
>>325440021
how would you make it interesting?
farming especially there's not much you can do for automation beyond
>plant is grown
>extract plant into storage
>>
>>325441660
and as a result we're condemned to shitty kitchen sink packs for eternity beyond 1.12.2
>>
>>325440137
>quark
>soul
pick 1 (one)
>>
>>325441759
I don't know but let's be honest, something like the IE Garden Gloche is boring.
>>
Any mod that adds suckable penises?
>>
>>325443660
put me in the screencap
>>
>>325443660
seconding this, but only if the penises are attached to beautiful and horny women
>>
I'm curious about popularity
Anons, what's your top 3 modpacks right now?
>>
it was already looking kinda gay, but https://youtu.be/CVZfsPM8Mm4?t=632

fucking dropped.
>>
>>325448434
Wholesome 100
>>
File: 2021-02-21_20.50.28.png (3.09 MB, 1920x1080)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB PNG
This is shaping up better than what I'd expect it to.
Not enough space to line them sideways anymore, but maybe I'll do a second set of water wheels underneath, like a tiered dam. Makes no sense, but it could look cool
>>
>>325443660
Other than those animation tests from astolfo-anon, none that I know of.
>>
File: 2016-05-05_09.43.43.png (193 KB, 1229x884)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>325436887
I once built an omnidirectional frame borer with AE2, ComputerCraft, and Remain in Motion. I guess that still qualifies as pipes? Pic related is from the belly of the beast.
>>
File: 7zip-security-logo-2.png (4 KB, 600x443)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
Does anyone remember an old mod that allowed you to add friends and see what servers they are in? It started with the number "7" in its name.
>>
>>325460163
what exactly does this machine do
I haven't used any of those mods you listed
>>
>>325462836
Based on the name, I'm guessing it bores through stuff in any direction, either using frames or to make frames.
>>
>>325440541
Water physics are nice, mods that backport that shit can be buggy sometimes. That and Honey if you're a redstonfag are pretty much the only funny things that has been added since 1.12.
>>
File: 2016-05-05_09.44.55.png (266 KB, 1229x884)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>325462836
A frame borer is much like a quarry but it moves instead of staying still. So the borer would just keep moving in one direction across the map harvesting everything in front of it. Most of them only go forward, so you build them at a certain Y-level and just let them rip. This one I built as a proof of concept after I daydream I had. I wanted to see if I could build one that moves in any direction, be controllable, and dump the items directly back to an AE2 system. This pic shows one of my test designs and the outside of the finished model off to the right.

As for what it could do exactly? I guess make enormous swiss cheese out of the world? It is pretty inefficient at gathering resources but it could do that at any Y-level you had particular interest in. Could also dig preliminary tunnels for minecarts.
>>
>Let Dynamic tree handler tree felling in TFC
>Gameplay breaking cuz easy saplings drop
Fella should i just ignore that or i try to script it so that saplinps only drop from scythe and hands ?
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (225 KB, 1280x720)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
Dude... you can finally move on from that mess. We have this now.
>>
the chad makes and codes his own frame borer
vs
the virgin uses the pre-made version from a 1.*6 mod
>>
>>325465634
Would be okay with this mod if not for the fact that all its fans think it's somehow an incredibly erudite mod which requires a very high iq to understand. In reality, if you know are beyond toddler intelligence you can understand everything in it. Wow, turning this thing will rotate the thing it's attached to…wow that required so much intelligence to figure out…
>>
>>325468154
Well, true, Create is like vanilla redstone contraptions for retards but without the redstone.
>>
File: the end.png (75 KB, 558x275)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
Hey, I'm currently running a modded server and for some reason we can't access the end. I have tried adding "allow-end: true" to server properties and deleting and redownloading the DIM1 files, but nothing is working. pic related is what happens when i try to /execute in minecraft:the_end run tp @s ~ 53 ~
>>
>>325468903
>allow-end: true
version?? also that doesn't go in server-properties
>>
>>325469531
1.16.4 and where does it go then? i saw allow-nether: true in the same file? also should I post modlist? i dont think it matters but if it could help I will
>>
>>325469673
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Server.properties#Java_Edition_3
There is no such thing as allow-end. You should post if you are running fabric, forge, spigot, etc.
>>
>>325469846
forge, non-bukkit. host is pebblehost. I dont really know what to do abt it.
>>
>>325353559
Very much yes, but go to the /vm/ thread.
>>
>>325469994
dunno, post a list of mods though and someone maybe can help. wouldn't be surprised if the shitty host just fucked up your world though.
>>
File: modlist2.png (35 KB, 507x352)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>325471646
here's a list of mods
>>
>>325472673
make sure the (((merchants))) haven't stolen the end from you
>>
>>325472673
this is the servers list of mods?
>>
>>325476523
This is my client side mods actually, but all the mods save for "Xaeros_minimap" "jei" "optifine" and "physics-mod" are on the server
>>
File: 1613906993781.png (3.36 MB, 1920x1080)
3.36 MB
3.36 MB PNG
>>325353559
You shouldn't have posted this in this thread, but yes it's very good. Manages to capture the feeling of playing Minecraft for the first time. Nothing beats the magic of going into a random cave in a cliff, expecting nothing, then being met with an ancient ruin and a strange tapestry with a helping of lore reading material on the inside. Also, the devs fully support the game with meaningful updates and modding, especially since the game is built to be modded and the survival mode is actually just a mod for the game. This isn't even mentioning the amount of features and content in the base game.
https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=Main_Page
>My modpack has all that and doesn't cost 15 bucks.
I think this leads to the biggest point: Vintage Story is incredibly optimized. Sure modpacks have the same amount of stuff, but in Vintage Story all that stuff actually works and is consistent with everything else. This goes with the fact that the game is extremely smooth. In the 15 or so hours I've played this on my shitty laptop, I've had 0 technical issues and that isn't a hyperbole.

I think many people get turned away from it because of how it's much slower than Minecraft, but I think if people just put some time into it they'd find something they really enjoy. Also there's a dedicated group of people that are cracking every version so there's no reason not to try it.
>>
>>325479059
I'll get it once it has a Thaumcraft equivalent
>>
File: bet.png (200 KB, 949x468)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>325114036
retro magitech anon is this what you were talking about by automating the filters?
>>
>>325480492
left it running for a couple minutes and nah it wont work, fuckin should i dont know how im going to get a hopper under a filter when the only way i can force pollution into a filter is through a chimney in the same place where the hopper needs to be
>>
>>325131124
says it right there
>[INITIALIZATION][CLIENT][ERROR] AnimaniaLeatherDrops.zs:14 > No such member in loottweaker.vanilla.loot.LootPool: setCount
a pool doesn't have a count, only an entry within a pool can have a count
>>
>>325114036
So anyone see the new productive bees update? What's up with the tinkers stuff? Do you think we should be expecting a beta or release of TC3 soon?
>>
File: at2.png (1.14 MB, 1280x678)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
New resource pack that replaces and adds a variety of models and skins to existing mobs. Probably a better replacement to Yarr Cute Mob and its resource pack port (https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/texture-packs/cute-mob-models-resource-pack). It even has optional packs included for people who are offended minecraft mammaries.

Also replaces villagers with player models, so goodbye squidwards.
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/texture-packs/weeb-player-mob-models

Absolutely not lore friendly.
Also not compatible with other resource packs that alters mobs.
>>
trying out IE for the first time in my own modpack and I'm pretty overwhelmed
the handbook is more like a wiki and I'm not sure what I should be working towards, or if there's even anything to work towards and I'm meant to be playing with it in a progression modpack
what do people normally use IE for?
>>
>>325479059
nice pasta, shillnigger
>>
File: file.png (783 KB, 591x530)
783 KB
783 KB PNG
>>325500939
>vt*bers
>>
>>325468154
it's just fun seeing shit move around and do something, that's it
>>
>>325503957
>what do people normally use IE for?
Probably the fucking wires, and the ore extractor. And maybe the nice looking multiblock machines, everything else is done better by other tech mods.
>>
>>325503957
blast furnace can melt most useless item/armor drops from mobs into ingots
>>
Traverse is redpilled yes?
>>
>>325480917
You place the hopper under a chimney that's anywhere beneath a filter. So if you want to automate it, it's like this
Chimney
Filter, <-Hopper
Chimney
(More Chimneys if you want)
Hopper->, Chest
>>
>>325128509
Speak for yourself, i joined one of the OP servers made myself a boat and just move in random directions, so far i've found a lot of cool shit, a mine with a skull in the entrance, a 4 floor tower with like 100 doggos inside, a small cabin with a nether portal in the basement, a railroad made entirely out of redstone tracks, and that waa just today.
>>
>>325516328
well that's because it's a server and people have made things
>>
>see cool tech mod
>opens a world of possibilities
>excited to see what wacky fun junk everyone's used it for already
>it's just used for automation
This injustice can't stand
>>
I may be retarded, but I still don't see where you can update packs in MultiMC
>>
>>325468154
I have never, ever, seen anyone say that you have to have a high IQ to use Create. If anything, the fact that it's giga-grug tier by making everything visual and "in-world" is what people like about it. Right click the lever to make it spin, the press goes down, the iron ingot goes BOINK, gets turned into an iron plate that's just floating out in the world.
>>
>>325522381
You can't, not directly. What you do is, you either take the new version of the pack and make a new instance then copy over your saves, transfer any config tweaks you've made and/or any mods you've added, then delete the old version; or if it's a small file update you copy the files into the existing instance directly. In order to directly update packs, MultiMC would have to have direct interface with Curse, and Curse is retarded about anything that isn't its near-malware-grade client, so rather than let Curse have any control over MultiMC, the closest MultiMC devs are willing to implement is the direct download and browsing of packs.
>>
>>325468154
>all its fans think it's somehow an incredibly erudite mod which requires a very high iq to understand
Literally who is saying this bullshit? Literally who? And why are you pretending their opinion has any relevance?
>>
>>325522746
shit, I guess it's going to stay this way
I thought there was a development build that changed it? But I guess there is no workaround
>>
>>325522973
The dev build lets you browse packs on Curse, Technic, and ATLauncher, and download them directly without needing to download the zip archive and import (for curse) or download through the other launcher and then copy the files (for technic or atlauncher). Directly updating packs in place is not within its functions, very likely in great part because that would probably require MultiMC to let Curse see what you have on your computer and then replace files, whereas the current state of the import/download system is just "hey, i have a manifest list of files, send me those files."
>>
>>325518889
The injustice is that you haven't told us what tech mod it is
>>
>>325523327
It's a tale as old as modding, but I was specifically thinking about OpenComputers. OC is more versatile and powerful than ComputerCraft and (at least in 1.7.10) offers more interesting addons but it only seems to attract the fun-hating variety of autist. There's holograms that can tell when you interact with them but there is nearly zero footage on youtube of anyone using it for anything but the Geolyzer demo. Truly heartbreaking
>>
>>325525139
Well, yeah. From both a quick glance and a more indepth-look at the modpage and documentation, OC presents itself first and foremost as a mod about programming and automation, and that does tend to grab the attention of the greg/reika type autist interested in programming and automation more than folks looking for neat stuff to build with.
>>
>>325525831
I know, and I don't mean to entirely discount how cool some of the more elaborate automation setups I've seen have been, but it feels like a real shame knowing nobody is really using the amazing features of OC for anything more emergent. Maybe I just need to be the change I want to see in the world? I refuse to record my own voice and I hate facecams but I've got plenty of stupid ideas to try out. Maybe showing off what OC can really do might inspire more talented creators than myself to give it another look, who knows?
>>
>>325526602
>Maybe I just need to be the change I want to see in the world?
TOYMY isn't just for modded installs. You know what you have to do.
>>
>>325527103
I just hope what I consider wacky is actually wacky. Guess we'll just have to find out
>>
File: 1612767219856.jpg (15 KB, 192x132)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>Rat mod has a cage wheel for your rats to generate RF
>Can't get the RF out of the cage so you can't do anything with it
>>
>>325530518
>tfw the hamsterwheel in animania - a mod about animal husbandry, not automation - is a better animal-powered rf engine than the rats version
>>
>>325530518
breaking news: rats bad
>>
File: 1505604699680.jpg (101 KB, 512x411)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>325530791
Pic related.
>>325532529
I wouldn't quite say Rats is bad, but so far 1.16 Rats is feeling like a massive step down in quality from 1.12 Rats, and the latter hasn't even been getting updates since 1.16 was released.
>>
>>325530518
how so
>>
>>325534078
Did it get as retardedly overbloated as the 1.12 iteration?
>>
>>325534078
I would quite say Rats is bad
>>
>>325534078
Rats is old news, now Alex Mobs get's all the love and it's a good thing
>>
>Poll: Would you say Rats is bad?
https://www.strawpoll.me/42681916
>>
>>325539813
I'm tempted to say yes because I hate skavenfags
>>
>>325529673
who cares if it is
make what you want to make
modded minecraft isn't just an autistic engineering game, it's an autistic engineering game you can build things in
>>
>>325534078
>le reddit meme mod is trash
WOW WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED
>>
>>325539813
I played Rats on a server I was hosting awhile back. The Piped Piper was hilarious, but the ludicrous spawnrate (even when cranked down with configs) dragged on the players and I. The Rats are fun, but two of my transport-rats apparently bugged out, causing MASSIVE lag as their pathfinding took up like 99% of the servers resources.
>>
File: 1601063019711.png (5 KB, 824x95)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>325500939
average iq of vtuber watchers lmao
>>
>>325500939
How cute.
>>
File: 2021-02-22_16.39.32.png (2.99 MB, 1920x1080)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB PNG
Thank god for Chisel giving very cheap and good-looking sturdy cobblestone textures that you can use for something like this
>>
>>325545797
>resource pack higher than 16x16
For what purpose
>>
>>325546024
I've got way too used to it over time. Plus, it reasonably covers most or all the mods I use.
>>
Anyone knows some mods that just spice up vanilla? I hate searching through mods because 99% are "NEW DIMENSION WITH PURPLE TREES"
I just want old stuff to be enhanced and new stuff beeing like an update
>>
>>325548239
PrimitiveMobs and Food Expansion come to mind but I'll try to think of more
>>
>>325548239
quark
>>
>>325548239
This is what the MCAbnormals team claims to do with their mods, as does Quark. Whether or not they succeed - or even barely come close to it - is something you'd have to decide for yourself.
>>
>>325500939
Yarr Cute Mobs are cuter, these ones all look off
>>
>>325500939
I want someone to make a mod where you can "tame" a mob with the yarr cute mob villager model and she follows you around. Yes i'm that lonely. also agreed with >>325554620
>>
Why did Pam feel the need to add hundreds of meaningless food items to the game? Can anyone explain?
>>
so Arcana has gone public.
https://trello.com/b/Wz11U7Zo/arcana-dev-board-alpha
https://github.com/ArcanaMod/Arcana
>>
Any cool music mods?
>>
You know any good 16x packs for someone tired of vanilla?
>>
>>325568023
Nu-vanilla is good for people who don't like Minecraft.
>>
>>325363929
Twilight forest has that one type of brick that cant be broken until the boss is dead. Make a layer of barrier blocks around the outside of the dungeon, so at the very least they cant just tunnel up/down
>>
>>325393009
civia?
>>
redpill me on schizocraft
>>
>>325550802
I just noticed quark is part of the pack I was going to get anyway, nice
>>
File: Mizuno16craft.jpg (319 KB, 960x540)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
>>325568023
Right, so here's some options.
Unity, found on github
Pixel Perfection (chorus edit), found on PlanetMinecraft
Pixel Perfection, /mmcg/ update (Pixel Permacraft), found on Curse
Quadral, found on Curse
Mizuno16craft, found on the mizunomcmemo blogspot
Hafen, found on Curse
>>
File: pls work.png (103 KB, 471x528)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>325512385
so like this shit right here? if it does work ill shit myself but i dont know man
>>
>>325571871
i just checked its not pulling materials out from the filters i already have at the top of the chimney stack, im running another filter directly over that pump to double check and make sure its not working
>>
>>325500939
wait i have seen those exact models before, stolen shit
>>
>>325572204
>>325571871
i just shit a brick it fucking works
there seems to be a limit on how far the hopper can grab from above it though, thanks, i have a bit of restructuring and testing to do now after i go on my walk
now the only thing i can cry about is that i cant find anything detailing this in the quest book lmao
>>
>>325567216
Clef lets you play ABC files (the ones from starbound) on instruments and has an instrument mixer
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/clef
Here is some decent .abc files from the starbound forums:
https://mega.nz/folder/nFdi0KIb#Oyydxz5sJ0dk9ehbdTxdZw

Bard Mania adds instruments that you can play with your keyboard or an attached midi instrument
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/bard-mania

If you meant resource packs that replace music, those are pretty easy to make and find.
>>
>>325571025
Unity was actually pretty cool, thanks.
>>
File: Asobi.jpg (46 KB, 640x360)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Lads, what mods would you recommend for a similar experience to Thaumcraft? Something with that research and progress feeling with neat rewards for your efforts.
Haven't played minecraft for a good while now but version isn't relevant desu.
>>
>>325572869
I was pretty sure I updated the quest book, you have to do like, /bq_reload or something because the mod doesn't automatically reload your quest book when it's different from the default.
>>
>>325574251
game says thats an unknown command
>>
>>325574251
Is it
/bq_user refresh
https://github.com/Funwayguy/BetterQuesting/wiki/Commands
>>
>>325564079
fat bitch
>>
>>325577569
>>
>>325578008
look at it
>>
File: 1499810617989.jpg (10 KB, 200x200)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>325578195
JFC
>>
>>325573606
something like this https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/charmonium-reforged but for 1.12.2
>>
>>325567216
All for 1.12.2, might be on other versions too.
MCDJ
A Lot of Records
MusicPlayer
InfiniteMusic
Walkman
MusicLayer
Azzys Ambience
Ambience Extras
MAtmos
CustomRecord
ImmersiveMusic
ExtraDiscs
Better Records
The Jam Machine
mxTune
Audio Cassettes
Easy Disc
>>
>>325480492
>>325512385
How is pollution of the realms? I've debated adding it to my own pack but I was worried about possible performance impact. It does seem to add a fun problem with industrialization.
>>
>>325500939
This pack has potential because its laying a groundwork, making texture replacements easy, but I'll pass for now because of Vtubbys.
>>
>>325583335
>performance
cant tell you i got a 3600x with a 1070 8gb VRAM card and im getting 100-120fps usually unless i cut down a fucking redwood tree
now if youre talking gameplay then at least in retromagitech if you play it safe like i do itll completely cripple you until you get confident in automating filters
>>
>>325583847
You mean playing it safe like you don't want to overly pollute the environment? Or are you worried about danger to your person?
>>
>>325579753
MAtmos and Dynamic Surroundings aswell as that one dynamic music mod by vazkii or something
>>
File: 1494825083643.jpg (16 KB, 466x422)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>325584357
danger to your self because unlike reality, CO2 in the air can actually hurt you
>>
>>325574251
also another thing, i think the compatibility with the filters borked the inputs on the hoppers, they wont pull from chests and they wont take anything thats actually put on top of them
>>
>>325583335
Its a neat challenge but a bit tedious at times. I recommend turning off pollution spreading if your computer is bad or you're on a server as it really saves your tickrate, but it also condenses all the pollution in one area.
>>
started getting some crazy tick lag out of nowhere so I analyzed with LagGoggles
what the fuck is this mod doing
>>
>>325596157
>mcreator
>>
who is this rongmario guy and why do i see him everywhere
>>
File: 2021-02-22_23.04.00.png (1.26 MB, 1920x1080)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>325596552
so this... is the power.......
of mcreator
>>
>>325597516
Where do i find him because i need him to update Primalterra
>>
File: a new challenger.png (107 KB, 406x483)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>325589227
forgot pic forgot to post
>>
>>325597598
i kneel
>>
File: 2021-02-22_23.25.57.png (701 KB, 1920x1080)
701 KB
701 KB PNG
>>325597598
apparently there's no cap on penguin spawns
I left the game open unpaused and that gave them the chance to multiply into this abomination
>>
>>325598662
>install that mod on modpack
>use it as a time limit to the modpack
>slowly but surely more and more penguins will spawn and kill your world
>>
>>325479059
I'm not gonna lie, I only come back to Minecraft for the tech mods once in a blue moon. Once Vintage Story gets more popular and tech mods start popping up, I'll likely switch fully over to it instead.
>>
Is using subtitles MAWPC? Sometimes I just don't feel like putting my headphones on.
>>
>>325603807
who cares
it's a singleplayer game
>>
>>325600874
Can't wait to see how people handle nuclear tech and radiation in it.
>>
Post bases / builds, I need some good inspo.
Also recommend some shades, preferably relatively lightweight so I can maintain a steady 144fps.
>>
What is the simplest mod for 1.16 that has automation? The only things I really care about automating are wood, crops, and mining, I especially can't be arsed to mine a fuckton of regular stone, but it'd be nice to automate all ore-obtaining, especially since I'm an autist about not ruining the way the world looks
Thanks /mmcg/
>>
>>325607997
just get a mining dimension mod and make a create quarrier
>>
>watching minecraft playthrough
>it's 1.12.2
>getting into thaumcraft
>doing a bunch of wand shit with dust instead
the fuck?
where's the wand
I saw an infusion stand in the nei as well
what the fuck happened between 1.7 and 1.12
>>
>>325610350
TC6 was where Azanor went beyond full retard and added an infinity gauntlet before realizing how hard he fucked up and giving up on its development. It's better to just ignore it.
>>
>>325604175
doesn't matter if i found out someone i knew irl was using cheat codes in their lives i'd be pissed
>>
>>325603807
Everything surrounding Minecraft's enemy spawning system is pure garbage, so practically nothing you do to it can ever be considered bad.
>>
>>325610350
thaumcraft got ruined to the point that it makes me wonder if the original was just a lucky fluke
>>
tc6 is still better than 99.9% of magic mods
>>
your post is so retarded it doesnt even deserve a (you)
>>
>>325607997
Here are your options:
Thermal mods
Industrial Foregoing
Mekanism
Immersive Engineering
Create
>>
>>325114252
>we have gtnh with no magic
which modpack is that?
>>
are there any modpacks centered around using mostly computercraft/open computers for automation?
>>
>>325632186
some russian pack called impact or similar
>>
File: t5vqdhwyack11.jpg (115 KB, 800x619)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>325564079
>>
>>325636506
imagine being at computers
so fat you look and see food
>>
>>325596157
>>325597598
Almost like there's a reason mcreator mods are considered not worth using.
>>
>>325596157
animania is also kinda fucked
it's generally nice to murder all mobs once in a while, forestry butterflies and quark frogs were lagging my world
>>
>he namefags in a game about serial murdering police with toolboxes
kinda cringe ngl
no one gives a shit about your discord tranny relationship you formed with some other player OC donut steel character in a plasma fire simulator, please fuck off and stop naming off characters as if you know who these people are and acting like anyone gives a shit about your dumb fucking character in game
>>
>>325645594
anon, that wasn't actually the correct new bread link
>>
>>325645594
Wait wrong thread lol
>>
>>325566982
stuff on the trello seems neat.
Like the idea of Golemancy having it's own research minigame and it being based off the bioshock hacking minigame.
gotta pump those golems full of Aspect Juice™
>>
>>325650112
>gotta pump those golems full of Aspect Juice™
Those monstergirl IE machine mockup/json models are more relevant than ever.
>>
gonna play some gtnh
>>
Is it best to use the newest version of vivecraft for vr? Does it affect what mods I can use?
>>
>>325566982
Is it functional?
>>
>>325598662
>maidpocalypse 2: antarctic boogaloo
>>
>>325656240
Huge WIP still. The trello link lists some of the current bugs and two of the major ones involve wand crafting stuff
>>
>>325656401
I see, i can appreciate it looking like it's visually inspired by Thaumcraft rather than being a 100% ripoff. Maybe I'll play whatever version they're chasing if it gets a Thaum 4 equivalent.
>>
>>325656751
Meant some equivalent add-ons, brain not juiced
>>
>>325566982
what is this
thaum 4 on 1.12?
>>
>wanted to change one drop from one mod
>game crashes when during loading now
wow, maybe I am retarded
>>
File: All i have installed.png (53 KB, 605x404)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
Alright, i'm posting here since my search motor can't seem to find the solution to this
I have some texture problems, using very few mods and was wondering what could be the cause and if there's a fix? i'm sick of seeing yellow concrete glowstone, purple spruce trapdoors, blue birch trapdoors, ice texture on brick stairs, invisible AND invincible piglins and other crap, please help
>>
>>325659029
>optifine
Have you already tried disabling this?
>>
>>325660008
And what do you recommend that could run shaders?
>>
>>325660639
>shaders
Have you also tried disabling those to see if that's what's fucking over your textures?
>>
File: 1595830272560.png (2 KB, 205x50)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>325566982
fucking useless
>>
>>325662192
None of them were fucking over the textures since i've used the same mods and shaderpack from 1.14
>>
>>325662449
And things often break or at least change between versions. I say again, have you tested to see if either optifine or the shaders are in any way causing the problem?
>>
Is it just me or are AE2 fluix cables weirdly expensive? I was hoping to make massive, sprawling networks but quartz is a precious commodity in AE2.
>>
>>325658637
it actually works, it was just java being retarded, not me
>>
>>325664260
they ain't supposed to be cheap
>>
>>325658557
I guess more of a "spiritual successor" or some shit. It's being made to be like Thaum 4 but not a straight port of it.
It was originally being made for 1.12 but currently being made for 1.15 with a 1.12 backport coming later.
>>
>>325566982
The new aspect icons look nice.
>>
>>325664260
just grab a jetpack and a fortune pick, an ender sack tied to your system and go to town in the nether
then if you still think you're going to have troubles double it into pure quartz
for certus set up a decent size quarry and you'll get lots and lots becasue it's not so rare
for charged there's a set up you can make with ender io conduits and autocrafting where you have the me interface put regular certus quartz into a chest which then has an item conduit connected to a charger that inputs a quartz and has a filter to only take charged quartz back to the chest
for auto purification have the seeds dropped into water and set up level emitters to turn on the fasterators or whatever, then suck them up with extra utils item transfer node with a world upgrade and filter, or maybe a hopper setup or something, use the same system for fluix crystals but without needing the speederuppers
>>
>Play TFC without any map mod
If Etho can do it so do i
>>
>>325666521
you aren't supposed to use a map mod, so yes you can
>>
>>325666521
I'd at least recommend making vanilla maps craftable before the fucking iron age.
>>
any suggestions for shorter, focused tech modpacks that let me hop right into setting up large automation systems
>>
>>325671387
gtnh
>>
>>325663787
Nope, i think it's somehow BoP (Since that the only time minecraft tells me that there's procedures that somehow could result in bugs)
>>
>>325672009
Suggestion: copy the world twice, or make copies of the instance. Load one copy up with everything except BOP, and one copy up with only BOP, and see which goes wonky.
>>
>>325671387
omnifactory. all you had to do was type factory into curseforge. maybe manufactio too idk i don't play packs for babies
>>
>>325671387
Automaton. Disregard omnifactory, it's a troll suggestion.
>>
>>325672878
Did some tests
I guess optifine is the one doing that mess
So now how will i enjoy some comfy shadows?
>>
>>325675664
Apparently the only way to have shaders is to get Optifine. So you have to either deal with the game looking fucky because of Optifine, or not have shadows.
>>
>>325679586
Found a work around, i had to switch the emissive textures on or off and it's somehow fixed, thanks anyway for your help
>>
>>325603807
>my headphones
have you tried using a surround sound system? you dont have to turn it up very loud, and unless youre an audiophile gives a good enough sound quality for me, but if you want better than that its okay im not throwin shade at you
>>
>>325680328
>emissive texture
What are those, anyway?
>>
Guys minecraft is not immersive enough >:(

How can I make minecraft indistinguishable from real life??
>>
>>325697840
I actually find minecraft more immersing than normal 3D games. I'd suspect it has to do with the artstyle being consistent and not inducing any uncanny valley feelings.
>>
Anyone here play BetterThanWolves? I kept giving up trying to install previous versions on the new launchers, but for some reason it Just Werks on my MultiMC now so I'm hyped to dive into it
>>
>>325703219
hasn't all that stuff been ported to 1.12 anyways with the betterwithmods+addons?
>>
>>325703802
I remember trying BWM out and wasnt impressed. been a while, though- recent versions might be improved
>>
>>325700368
That'd be the 16x textures.
>>
>>325690235
No idea, apparently they're supposed to be about light (bouncing off or emitting?) but somehow that affect textures
Also sorry for such a late reply
>>
retromagitech anon, diamond is still the best pick in your pack right? im asking because i just found a fucking efficiency 5 book in a mob spawner room
god damn i about nutted
>>
>>325709495
I think so but can't remember all the metals off the top of my head. If it's not, it's pretty close to it. There might be something in Nuclearcraft that gives a better tool, and maybe Void tools, but it would be near end game for either.
>>
>>325709838
>nuke and void tools
yuuup by the time i get there ill be able to make my own efficiency 5 lmao thanks man
>>
File: what gives.png (91 KB, 660x799)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>325710549
>>325709838
so i cant combine my pick ax with the tome, despite the tome showing the exact image of the pick in the tool tip for it...
>>
>>325713083
Oh that's a Quark book, you can only use it to upgrade an enchanted book at Efficiency 4, which is usually the max level, to one level above.
>>
>>325713351
so i have to enchant a regular book to 4 and *then* get my enchanted 5...thanks for the info at least...
>>
>>325713694
https://ftb.gamepedia.com/Ancient_Tome
>By combining the Ancient Tome and an Enchanted Book in an Anvil and spending 35 levels, it will increase the enchantment one level higher than its maximum vanilla level.
>It will cost another 35 levels to apply the newly created Enchanted Book to a tool or item.
>Variants:
>Feather Falling IV
>Thorns III
>Sharpness V
>Smite V
>Bane of Arthropods V
>Knockback II
>Fire Aspect II
>Looting III
>Sweeping Edge III
>Efficiency V
>Unbreaking III
>Fortune III
>Power V
>Punch II
>Luck of the Sea III
>Lure III
>>
So me and some friends just started Retro Magitek, and while it's a refreshing change of pace, we've been at this for over an hour now and haven't found a single ore. What the fuck do we do?
>>
>>325714648
oh shit
it goes further beyond, i basically got a mid game book then, thanks again
>>
>>325715821
Have you been watching for the surface ore samples, and using the prospector pick to see what's nearby when you're mining down?
>>
>>325716276
I saw an iron sample and a few sulfur ones but I just broke them. I used the prospect pick in their area and didn't get much. Was I supposed to dig down and use the pick?
>>
>>325716379
not him but yes, i usually spiral down directly under samples of ores that i need, the fuckin ore deposits are huge, ill never forget my first diamond motherlode
>>
>>325716379
Yeah. The surface samples aren't there to hint at what's below you so you know where to start digging, and the propick helps you figure out whether you're getting hotter or colder, and in what direction x/y/z, as you're digging in that area.
>>
>>325716770
*the surface samples ARE there
Are, not aren't.
>>
>>325716740
>>325716770
Got my first iron/copper/sulfur/iridium vein now. Thanks!
>>
>>325717395
good deal, wait till you find three or four diamond samples on the surface, frantically dig down for the deposit and then shit yourself after fighting a small cave for its treasure, it got me fucking HOOKED on this pack man
>>
>messing with Computronics on old map
>crashes when opening up a tape deck
>NoClassDefFoundError: buildcraft/api/tools/IToolWrench
I've never used Buildcraft before but I love Computronics so much that part of me is honestly considering adding BC to my server just to play my cassettes.
The file doesn't seem very large and it doesn't appear to add any ores but I thought I'd ask anyway, is this decision going to fuck my entire server up?
>>
>>325719414
What does Computronics do exactly? I can't find anything documenting it exactly and don't feel like trying to set it up in a minecraft instance.
>>
>>325610947
A dumb idea but I feel like it could be reworked to something better. I like the idea of it being an alternative to a wand for combat with it being more melee-oriented and having the foci work differently when used with the gauntlet.
>>
>>325720305
It's an addon for OpenComputers/Computercraft that adds a bunch of fun peripherals like tape recorders, speakers, raycasting cameras and entity radars. The mod is generally well-built and polished, but it looks like there's a single direct reference to a Buildcraft API class that wasn't hidden behind something to check for available mods.
>>
>>325709495
also i want to ask, do you know if chisel and bits would mess up anything in the pack if i just dropped it into the mod list? i wanna try out them staircases a dude i know showed me
>>
>>325718241
My friends are hating it, they all want to quit, what do I say to convince them? It's taking up way too much time to mine, maybe we're still doing it wrong? I don't know
>>
>>325723831
The moment your friends express disinterest, they've already poisoned themselves. It's terminal, I'm afraid.
>>
>>325724249
The thing is, it wouldn't be bad if we could just find coal and iron easily. But I don't know if something's wrong with the modpack, but the prospector's pick only gives traces and isn't very accurate. When we clear out the majority of a vein, are we just supposed to gtfo? I don't get it. I really want to like it and get deeper into it, and they were all having a good time before we hit this roadblock. I might try and find a way to make ore generation normal.
>>
anyone got that one spidergirl bondage screenshot
>>
Dynamic trees sucks dick how the fuck am I supposed to get wood
>>
>>325725927
If you haven't disabled it in the config, craft a bucket and a block of dirt, then craft of those tree's "seeds" with the product of that. You'll get a regular sappling.
Dynamic trees are nice decoratively, but 99% of the time i ended giving up, because wood ratios are godawful for the time they take to grow before getting Fortune III and access to Ghats tears.
>>
>>325723831
>>325724458
>wanting shit to happen automatically
suggest creative mode if theyre so impatient that they cant be fucked with learning a new ore generation style
>>
There will never be another mod like computronics…
>>
>1.12.2
>install phosphor
>install hardcore darkness
>install dynamic lights
>dynamic lights is not supported by phosphor
REEEEE
>>
>>325730389
just how exactly do you think something that is meant to optimize block lighting is going to optimize dynamic real time lighting?? wtf??
>>
>>325727802
I found a coal vein but only after they all left. I still think it's ridiculously difficult, but that's probably due to the fact that we're on an island with little room for ore samples. Even then, I travelled and found a relatively flat open area and there wasn't any samples to be found. I don't know if I just got shit world gen or not but I'll probably be trying a new modpack even though I had really high hopes for this one.
>>
>>325730389
works with optifine's dynamic lights
>>
>>325733457
Does 1.12 Optifine has built-in dynamic lights? I don't renember using them.
>>
>>325734323
its an option
>>
>>325730389
>Not using Dynamic Darkness
>Not using Smooth Entity Light
>>
>>325704519
BWM + Pyrotech is pure satisfaction on 1.12.2
>>
>>325734323
Yup but you gotta turn it on in the options.
>>325734575
My experience with Smooth Entity Light is that it's buggy and lagged the shit out of my world.
>>
File: unknown.png (26 KB, 297x563)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
Mungus
>>
Looking for an old mod. It was centred around holy magic and had 3-4 classes to choose from. Cleric, paladin, and a weird one with card magic. You could level up at shrines.
Anyone know what it's called?
>>
How do I make my dream of making "Camp Fuck You I'm a Wizard" come true.
>>
Can you not summon the Wither in the Twilight Forest?

>>325741824
Electroblob's Wizardry and addons.
>>
Im looking for a treehouse from an old mod you would get into the treehouse by pressing a button and pistons would open a secret door leading into the tree which had a cauldron a bed and a chest i was thinking it was from ars magica 1 but after doing some digging im not so sure it would be greatly appreciated if you guys can help me find it since i have been looking for years
>>
>>325745319
Go back >>>>>/gif/
>>
>>325727193
>>325725927
you can change how much the wood yield ratios are in the config you fucking neanderthals.
>>
File: file.png (15 KB, 123x327)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
How fucked am I for warp? There's still a bunch of stuff I want to grab in addons but it all seems to have moderate or higher warp so even if I remove the sticky warp my perm warp's gonna be really high
>>
>>325671387
ignore that omnifaggotry suggestion. It's just some guy wanting you to have a miserable time. It's a long grindy pack.
>>
>>325747276
I figure the guy who made the modpack must have meant for it to be this shit, though.
>>
>>325733150
I made it like that because I got bored with vanilla strip mining. Once you find a vein you're set on that material for a long time, because there's ~600 blocks of ore in a vein. If you go back to it, try going caving and smacking walls or the floor with your prospector pick every dozen steps if you can't find any samples. The prospector pick only shows ore at or below the block height you clicked at, and 8 or 12 blocks in every direction, so you have to hot and cold it for a while until you get the Thaumcraft Pick of the Core.
>>
>>325754224
>the guy who made the modpack
there's your first issue.
>>
Anyone remember the name of that mod on 1.12 that made XP orbs just fly to the player instead of sitting on the ground?
>>
>>325759667
Don't they already do that? Haven't they done that since 1.0?
>>
>>325754249
>~600 blocks of ore in a vein
Fuck no there aren't! My friend got little over a stack before the vein was pretty much done.
>>
>>325760907
Then either the vein wasn't done and he missed the rest because it wasn't directly connected or it got cut by a cave, they were set to be that big.
>>
Is thaumcraft wuss mode MAWPC? Even if the alternative is dealing with the annoying warp effects because you have a ton of addons installed?
>>
>>325764090
Would you rather do that than play Creative? Then it isn't MAWPC.
>>
File: 2021-02-24_10.23.04.png (178 KB, 1920x1080)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
Hey TFC+ playing guy, I got another update out for the PP texture pack if you're still playing with it.
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/texture-packs/pixel-permacraft/files/3215567

A lot of wood texture edits this time, let me know if anything is scuffed.
>>
>No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
what the FUCK do I do? I'm playing on a 1.7 multimc forge instance and this shit keeps happening. I have my GPU drivers up to date, do I have to downgrade to a dinosaur java version or something?
>>
>>325767719
>not posting the error log
>>
>>325767948
>>325767719
whoops
might be a specific mod since this is the only instance in which it's happening
https://pastebin.com/0Nvaqvxk
>>
Is there a config file or a quick change I can use to make ancient warfare 2 and roguelike dungeons more single player friendly?
>>
>>325753185
I've researched everything on the book and I'm getting absolutely nothing
don't have a sanity checker but I've gotten both revelations or whatever they're called
just let the temp warp cool off and you'll be able to completely ignore it, I've found
>>
>>325764090
next playthrough I might just cheat all of the research done
it was cool the first three chestfulls of research I did but I'm kinda just done with it at this point
if I wanted to play connect the dots I'd play opus magnum haha
>>
>>325770938
problem is I've still got a lot of research to go through in addons. Unless I blitz through it all right now I'm gonna get the effects constantly coming back whenever I want to learn something new.
>>
>>325772470
yeah I basically did the whole book in one go because I was waiting for machines to finish stuff
no clue if it'll actually help, but have you checked out the cleaning soap stuff?
>>
Speaking of thaum , did silverwood only spawn in chunk with vis, i make a 1.12 pack with TFC and Thaum but checking around in many world only greatwood tree spawm
>>
>>325775579
Isn't it biome exclusive? Magical Forest biome?
>>
>>325776421
Nah i test with normal worldgen and it still sometimes spawm in forest biome
Other structure like zombie mound and totem still spawm, just only the silverwood.
>>
File: 2021-02-19_00.20.47.png (1.21 MB, 1920x1080)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>325776980
I don't know what you're talking about but it reminded me of this
>>
>>325772620
soap only helps get rid of the light pink warp. I'm still gonna be left with 1/2 a bar of warp at minimum unfortunately
>>
Can you use Create with other mods or it doesn't have a cross compatibility?
I want to check it out so I need to make a modlist for it.
>>
File: Snow.png (2.09 MB, 1920x1080)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB PNG
The snow has arrived
>>
Anyone use Valhelsia Structures and got it working? Config is messed up and keeps resetting
>>
>>325778215
Yeah. Take a look at this if you want to see what at least one guy has put alongside it:
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/simple-creations/files/3179230
>>
>>325778215
It's listed as dependent upon Just Enough Items, which you should be using anyways (alongside HWYLA). Having said that, I've used it in several modpacks, and played with configs and stuff, and I'm 99% sure there's zero fucking conflicts. It adds a few ores and some stones, but you can disable the gen of certain stones in the configs (such as the scoria, which in the mod maker's defense is fucking ugly IRL). Other than that, it's 100% self-contained.
>>
File: 1583001038850.png (126 KB, 1072x736)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
Fabric haters can't counter this
>>
>>325782521
>muh fabric
>muh forge
nobody cares
unironically literally 100% seriously
only reason there's any drama is typical tranny modder nonsense
>>
>>325782640
seems like you didn't read the post, he's no tranny modder. he's a regular user.
>>
>>325782831
>open mod config
>configure mod
>save config
>close
>play
niggas making mountains out of flat gound
>>
>>325783050
>>325782521
Yeah, I don't disagree with him that it's silly, but it's a sort of fractal stupid. Complaining about any specific feature of fabric or forge is stupid when we have to use fabric of forge AT ALL. Unless you're going to bitch about Jeb not doing his fucking job, it's a moot point.
>>
Any way to make a mod stop resetting its config?
>>
Is there a way to modify the mob spawn rules to prevent them from appearing in villages by default?
I'm talking about modifying the games behavior, not manually placing items.
>>
File: asd.png (34 KB, 850x504)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
This is fucking retarded. I thought I was being smart making the config file read-only and now it crashes.
>>
>>325767719
>>325769230
You have a piece of malware on your computer called Windows 10. I suggest re-installing Windows 7 or a real OS immediately. [/sarc]
>I have my GPU drivers up to date
This may actually be the real problem: Minecraft up to 1.12 relies on LWJGL2, which is getting old and is likely making calls that are depreciated. Otherwise check if this is the only instace you have Reikamods on, he and Greg were bad about direct-calling opengl from the codebase.
>>
What a fucking mess modding is post 1.12
>>
>>325787478
That's why we should just stick with 1.12 and establish long-term support for it.
>>
>>325788310
1.12 doesn't have fabric, so fuck that.
>>
>>325788310
>establish long-term support for it.
Didn't happen with 1.7, won't happen with 1.12.
>>
File: 1601237397771.gif (1.87 MB, 236x224)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB GIF
>>325788583
>fabric
when will the zoomer invasion on /mmcg/ end?
>>
>try to download per fabrica with multimc
>error on the lightsaber mod
>every time
should I download atlauncher and get it from there or just not even bother with it
>>
>>325789071
that error happens no matter where you try to get it from, the lightsaber mod is gone. there is a download for it on the pfaa discord in the pinned messages.
>>
File: off duty.png (497 KB, 600x600)
497 KB
497 KB PNG
>>325788864
When you learn to ignore their retardation and post MAIDS.
>>
>>325788864
i'm just not as autistic as you, i don't resist change merely because it's different. if a change is good, i can accept it with open arms.
>>
>>325793031
It's not good though. You're going to be version-chasing on your kitchen sink shitpacks with a split fabric/forge modding community forever. This has nothing to do with autism, you just don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>325793429
there's no such thing as version chasing with fabric though, the process is so easy that we would all be able to play on the latest versions as they come out, hell, snapshots even.
>>
>>325793696
And Fabric won't have as in-depth mods as Forge does, so the mod base will still be split until there's compatibility or one of them dies.
>>
File: 1594219779277.png (92 KB, 300x300)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>this summer
HEY MR. MOD DEVELOPER YOU NEED TO STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND UPDATE TO 1.17 NOW I NEED THE OFFICIAL MOJANG DECORATIVE COPPER BLOCKS AND SNOWIER MOUNTAINS THEY'RE OMEGA POGGERS PLEASE UPDATE!!!
>decade later
HEY MR. MOD DEVELOPER YOU NEED TO STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND UPDATE TO 1.25 NOW I NEED THE OFFICIAL MOJANG GIRAFFES AND BANANA TREES THEY'RE OMEGA POGGERS PLEASE UPDATE!!!
>>
>>325793858
it won't because of sunk cost fallacy, like you yourself are guilty of. you are too worried about splitting up the community rather than just pushing for the best platform to be used the most.
>>
>>325791989
based maidCHAD
>>
>>325788848
>still being supported 8 years later
>not long term
>>
>>325793696
>here's no such thing as version chasing with fabric though
Then why does everyone say otherwise?
>>
>>325796069
Don't get me wrong, I still think modded Minecraft peaked at 1.7 but nobody is developing new mods for that version anymore, it's the same shit we already played a million times.
>>
>>325797018
read the rest of my message :)
>>
>>325794234
I'm not the original guy but Fabric also just isn't as strong as Forge is. Once it gets content i might try it but I literally don't give a shit about anything past 1.12 right now.
>>
>>325798316
THE WHOLE point of my replies is that some autist is mad at FABRIC for "splitting the userbase" rather than being mad at Forge for being absolute SHIT. Encouraging everyone to switch to Fabric is only going to result in a better future.
>>
>>325798316
Create is great but yeah, there's not a lot of good new mods yet.
>>
>>325798830
>Encouraging everyone to switch to Fabric is only going to result in a better future.
Too much work, not gonna happen
>>
>>325799046
hence: sunk cost fallacy. it's work at first, but then makes everything easier later on, meaning projects will be less likely to be abandoned, or if they are abandoned, easier for someone else to pick up and drag along. you see? that's why it's a logical fallacy.
>>
>>325799530
Yeah but go tell that to the mod devs and you'll get told to fuck off.
>they are abandoned, easier for someone else to pick up and drag along
Yeah if this was a perfect world where everything was open source, but many of the popular modders are attention whores with closed source shit.
>>
Torn between Witchery and Thaumcraft as my favorite magic mod.
>>
>>325799530
If it's such a big deal to you, why dont YOU port the mods then, instead of pestering devs to do it for you.
>>
>>325801061
>>325799530
It's really easy to tell you guys never developed anything in your lives.
>Yeah if this was a perfect world where everything was open source
Yeah I would love to have all of my hard work appropriated by others. Fuck off with that commie shit.
>>
>>325803332
Are you retarded? >95% of people in the industry contribute to some open source project at some point in their life. 100% of them use open source software.
>>
>>325803332
If you're not selling it who gives a fuck? Just put it in the license you need to be credited if you need the attention.
>>
>>325805731
>95% of people in the industry contribute to some open source project at some point in their life
Source? I've been a developer for the past 8 years and never heard of 95% of people just giving away their code for free, unless it's a small project or something unprofitable.
Pull requests for open source utility libraries or other minor charity work is something people do when wasting time on the clock anyways.
>>
>>325806159
The poster I was replying to literally specifies everything, as in all code being open source
>>
>>325807829
It was hyperbole big guy, i didn't think I needed to specify
>>
What's better, Ars Nouveau or Mana & Artifice? Both claim to be successors to Ars Magica.
>>
which world generation do I use for gregblock lutum
I'm assuming garden of grass but I'm not quite sure
>>
>>325810354
mana and artifice is a literal successor by the same author
ars nouveau is just inspired by ars magica
the first is more complex and somewhat uglier imo, though both look rather off when surrouded by vanilla blocks
mess around with the latter in creative to get a feel for it, and either do the same with m&a or watch some guide on it on youtube (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQzDSnrhrcywpp3ZThTHxbtwXY6pcpDCs), then pick your favourite
both are being actively worked on, btw
>>
>>325782521
What in the name of fuck.
>>
>>325782521
a couple mod creators destroyed that op in the comments
>>
>>325818279
I saw a few posts going "well here's why it's good" and "that wouldn't happen if you used good mods" and then a "ah so that's why I lost a world while using Mekanism".
I don't get why try to change shit now that the modded community is so splintered, especially since Forge finally has some competition.
>>
Fabric devs will actually berate you if you have a version of your mod for both APIs. Real retardation.
>>
get a bunch of autists angry enough to go to jebs house and beat the shit out of him until he makes the modding api
tell the fabric drama trannies they will never be women and are a mockery of nature with a festering wound
cyberbully every loser who wants to be like a fallout 4 modder to suicide

there i just saved modding
>>
>>325794206
This is genuinely the only slighty interesting update they've made since 1.12 tho.
>>
File: forgefag.jpg (211 KB, 620x413)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>Why yes, I actively worship Lex and go apeshit when anyone dares oppose His holy monopoly, how could you tell?
>>
>>325822271
Personally I don't like forge because I think it's dumb how they obfuscate their documentation, but I also find it pretty funny that to insult others you have to post a picture of a pig, while if others want to insult you trannies they just post a picture of one.
>>
>>325822824
I just came here and saw the three or four posts above crying about Fabric. What does Fabric have to do with trannies? If it's just the modders themselves I'm going to call you a retard.
>>
>>325820112
Why? Sounds retarded
>>
I swear this entire general was either pro-Fabric or neutral on the subject last month. Is this some sort of weird astroturfing campaign?
>>325823517
They don't. If that anon wasn't a paid Forge shill, assume they're just dragging up some obscure autistic drama.
>>
>>325818279
More like a couple of mod authors were running damage control on a scale that could've saved the IJN.
>>
>>325823517
A few of the modders for fabric think making mods with forge is evil because forge is bad, and making mods on forge empowers the API or something. It's real dumb.

>>325824236
>me making one post complaining about forge documentation and other people agreeing = everyone loves fabric
>>
File: read.jpg (69 KB, 903x508)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>325825860
I was talking about last month anon, and I never said everybody loved it.
>>
>>325826572
I was talking about last month too. Also, the same topic came up last year around April when we were talking about the gradlew for 1.7 forge. Lurk
>>
Azanor wouldn't have quit if he had been modding on Fabric, because he wouldn't have seen all of his effort on TC5 go to waste on a version nobody even played. He'd have just been able to easily update to the newest version of MC, and continue evolving his vision without needing to start from scratch.
>>
Has anyone successfully implemented byg and bop in a modpack? Selecting the bop worldtype generates both, but byg is missing all subbiomes. At this point it seems the only solution is to mash the good byg biomes into bop itself and try work with bop's layering for subbiomes.
>>
File: choir.gif (158 KB, 192x256)
158 KB
158 KB GIF
>>325828132
>I wasn't referencing this thread, I was referencing an identical conversation I had last month. Duh!
>>
>>325828247
Now if only you could go back in time and make Fabric before Thaumcraft 1 came out anon.
>>
mass exodus from forge to fabric when
>>
>>325830321
When Forge stops updating so people are forced to either change to Fabric or stop version chasing.
>>
What's up with all the Fabric shilling lately? I swear it must be one guy spamming the thread because /mmcg/ was never pro-Fabric.
>>
>>325831062
Yea half of it's probably me
>>
>>325831062
I dream of a better future for us all Anon, that's all.
>>
good news i finally understood what that anon meant when he told me to add a not gate to a redstone line that i wanted to toggle my diesel generator on and off when the capacitor gets low in rf and when it maxes out in rf.
there's a line (about 14 units long) running from the comparator on the capacitor into a t flip flop. i placed a not gate on that same line near the comparator (about 2 units in) that also has a line running to the t flip flop.
>>
>>325831062
Yeah. He's really delusional too. He sees a few posts complaining about forge and suddenly thinks everyone wants to suck fabric's feminine penis.
>>
>>325831684
That's not me
>>
>>325830321
Never.
I swear you people don't understand how time consuming it is to port mods. Even if Fabric is better, which is arguable, there's nothing inherently wrong with Forge to motivate putting that much effort into porting something.
>>
Create is mind-blowing
>>
File: 1607422920816.png (97 KB, 250x246)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>325831684
>stating that I remember people being more pro-Fabric or at worst neutral up until very recently is saying people worship Fabric
>blowing things out of proportion out of frustration
Settle down anon, I haven't posted in half an hour.
>>
>>325831985
Not on fabric :^)
>>
>>325830321
Never. Mod makers are above all else hobbyists working for free. We can't put any work requests on them or expect them to do any porting on their own. I think best-case scenario will end up being a situation where more mods start on Fabric until we reach a critical mass and it becomes the next default. We might lose a lot of good mods in the crossing but that already happens after every major update in Forge anyway so I can't really bring myself to care.
>>
>>325832758
Honestly, if you want them ported you should port them. Its not like mod devs get paid for making mods. To me, it seems like if fabric is so much easier to work with, it should be simple enough for you to port the mod.
>>
what is the actual difference between ae2 and refined storage
is it just that one is blue and doesn't have molecular assemblers and channels while the other is purple and does
>>
Anyone knows this >>325785063 ?
>>
>>325834337
Refined Storage is easier and less bloated but you have no channels
AE2 has more depth and autism if you like wiring shit
>>
>>325834206
God if only it were easy to port other people's mods. I'm currently trying to deobfuscate Gulliver 1.6.4 so I can get it moved to 1.7.10 but manual deobfuscation takes forever. I really wish the author left his own source code before randomly dropping dead, it would make this whole effort many times quicker. Still not easy but quicker.
>>
File: 1611718586858.jpg (143 KB, 1024x576)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
How expensive would it be to commission a mod that would make minecraft to really utilize multi thread performance?
>>
>>325835218
were they made by the same guy or something why do they both look so much alike
>>
>>325828247
Maybe, but Azanor was also extremely autistic and enjoyed changing everything from a version to another.
>>
>>325824236
It's more like shitposters love shitposting and there are still a bunch of obsessed shitposters around, so whenever they see people being positive about one thing they shitpost and falseflag it to death.
I guess that's just what 4chan has become these days.
>>
>>325836338
Refined Storage was based on replicating AE1 if I understand correctly. So no wonder they are similar.

>>325836982
Not sure why they enjoy shitting up this general so much. There is fun banter and there is shitposting and it has been mostly the latter this past year I feel.
>>
>>325835398
Seems like an excuse though. If you expect all the current forge mod developers to port their mods over to fabric, then the least you can do is port 3-5 mods yourself.
>>
>>325837265
It's unbelievable people this fragile actually use this website. A single person disagrees with you and suddenly the entire thread has a "shitposting problem". A single poster posts a picture of an anime girl and says he doesn't like mods, and suddenly everyone has to migrate to a different general. Actually pathetic.
>>
do any of the /vg/ serbs use opencomputers
OC seems like it would be a lot more fun in multiplayer
>>
>>325838936
You don't need to choose one, you can have all 3. But no I don't think there are any with a focus on computers.
>>
Feeling ashamed for thinking serene seasons was going to be fun
>>
>>325838404
I've explicitly stated that I don't expect ports. Keep putting words in my mouth, boy, and I'll be putting turds in yours.
>>
>>325839559
The actual season part is cool but the farming restrictions is annoying.
>>
>>325836982
>I guess that's just what 4chan has become these days.
How new are you?
>>
>>325838793
What makes you think you know who I am? What makes you think I don't enjoy conflict? I was making a general comment about the high shitpost content of these generals. Despite whom I responded to I'm not taking either side on this fabric or forge nonsense because both sides have flaws in their arguments. I also think the quality has been down considerably since the split from /mcg/. However I do think the people/person relentlessly posting anime girls instead of related content was also dragging the /mcg/ general down as well (inb4 4chan is an anime imageboard and thus any anime is on topic).
>>325840147
Let alone all of 4chan, this general has not been good since the split. Huge difference in the quality from years past.
>>
>>325840465
What do you think caused the split? It wasn't antimodfag who caused it, it was the 5 or 6 fragile nolifers who couldn't handle seeing 3 pictures of asuka in their thread each day.
>>
>>325842709
I don't disagree with that. Plus I have no problem with anime pictures so long as there is some textual discussion to go with. The guy was just posting anime to antagonize and not contributing anything related to minecraft. That is shit as far as I'm concerned. Should the general have been split? No, it obviously has had a negative result. Am I going to applaud antimodfag? No, they certainly weren't improving the quality of the last of the /mcg/ threads.
>>
Are infusion tables a meme?
>>
what is this awful font
I can't even figure out which mod adds it, why in the world do modpack creators feel like they need to change the font
>>
>>325844616
It's probably your texture pack.
>>
>>325844616
They always seem to pick a shit one too. Could be the smoothfont mod as well, which actually is worthwhile if you just use the performance piece of the mod.
>>
>>325844675
no resource packs were enabled, but I figured it out, the font was in the minecraft/resources folder
>>
File: 2021-02-24_23.28.39.png (792 KB, 1366x745)
792 KB
792 KB PNG
structure framework: built
>>
>>325830321
Write a Forge -> Fabric transpiler or write/port high quality and quantity enough mods that people start moving on themselves. You already have gained some traction with Sodium. Start porting 1.12 tech mods or TC4 and we'll start getting serious.
>>
File: Huh.jpg (529 KB, 1920x1080)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
Am I retarded? How is this wrong?
>>
>>325849893
Try farting on it
>>
>>325849893
>>325850570
It was the fucking snow.
>>
>>325849893
Are you on Peaceful?
>>
I may try merging these two mods tonight since the devs had no solutions >>325828360
Easier said than done probably, but it's worth a shot.
>>
is Regrowth as good as people claim it to be or is it another kitchen sink in disguise?
>>
I'm so torn between CustomNPCs on 1.12.2 and Alex's Mobs and Create on 1.16.5

I really want to create NPCs to populate my builds, but the mobs in Alex's Mobs are honestly the best implementations I've seen outside of vanilla, and Create has amazing aesthetics that I can't stop thinking about. Immersive Engineering is fine and all, but Create blows it out the water.

I'm not asking for help because there's no solution here. But if I have to suffer then you all have to suffer through my complaining. Good evening.
>>
>>325859990
Just use minecolonies on 1.16 then
>>
Ice and Fire seems buggy, unpolished, and doesn't vibe with vanilla game design. Is Wyrmroost a good alternative?
>>
>>325211593
Most stuff is using the ore dictionary (so they all tie to oreCopper and become interchangeable in recipes) so I doubt it's gonna be an issue.
>>
Why doesn't Smite do extra damage to vampires in Vampirism?
>>
File: 2021-02-25_03.58.27.png (609 KB, 1366x745)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
temporary setup for resources
>>
I wish 1.7 had a decent CarryOn alternative
Chest Transporter just doesn't cut it
>>
Somebody make a server with this
>https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/kaimyentity
>>
>>325831062
The shilling in this general is reaching /tg/ levels
>Vintagefirmacraft shill
>Frabric shill
>that one irrelevant other shill
>>
>>325839182
>3
castleserb, trainnyserb and...
>>
>>325868936
I just want comfy mod shillanon back
>>
>>325868814
i'd rather not suffer from MMD Ranfags shitty bikini model spam in minecraft too
>>325869193
still here
>>
Are there any TFC based packs that come with a quest or guide book inside the game? I'd love to try out TFC but can't stand having to tab out of a new modded experience to search through wikis every 5 seconds.
>>
>>325869332
Didn't 1.12 TFC have a guidebook via Patchouli
>>
>>325869453
Just checked and I'm in luck! Thanks anon. Would rather have gone for 1.7.10 but we move.
>>
>>325870009
1.7 TFC is great but i recommend you try 1.12 first and comeback later
>>
Which world gen mod adds better caves?
>>
File: 1529898668741.png (106 KB, 294x250)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
Friends talked me into making a "team vs team" style pack for them.
Is there anything in particular I should do for this or any mods I should go for?
Also, does The Master Caver's World work in multiplayer?
This is on 1.7.10.
>>
>>325877238
In my experience team v team shit usually doesn't go well
If your friends can all be trusted not to be fucking x-ray faggots it might be better, but probably a theme vs theme is what you'd want to go for, like SciFi v Fantasy or Dwarves v Elves or something
>>
>>325878240
Oh no, I actually trust them not to be like that.
They've follow whatever informal rules we decide to make.
>>
>>325878395
*they'll
>>
>>325877238
Pick techgun and icbm as main mod, with some techmod on the side like ie or ic. Watch your friends run a nuclear arms race
>>
how do you judge when a pack is finished
as in, when you've done it all and move onto a new pack or a new world
when you've done just about everything?
when you've made one of every item?
when you've automated every item?
>>
>>325883382
when you're just bored with it?, I forgot to add there
>>
>>325883382
When you have built what you want to build, and explored as much as you feel is worth exploring. That's what the game is about: exploring and building. Not the retarded NPC-obsession that Jeb keeps trying to inject.
>>
>>325868936
Finally a sane person! How can we keep discussing modded Minecraft with all these shills? There's gregshill, pamshill, trainshill, thaumshill, terrafirmashill, vanillashill, modshill, retromagishill, pipeshill, monstergirltortureshill, minecraftshill, iceandfireshill, createshill, customNPCshill, slumshill, the list goes on and on forever. Thank god someone else sees it. If you weren't secretly a shill yourself I'd almost think there was another non-NPC in this world besides myself!
>>
hey fellas I'm going to share my toymy since it's nearly finished it's final modlist before I go in and make everything compatable and tied together
here's the rough modlist:
gregtech 6
pam's harvestcraft
railcraft
immersive railroading
thaumcraft
terrafirmacraft
it's on 1.7.10 of course, just thought I'd mention it in case someone was wondering
also I've heavily taken influence from retromagitech, or at least pieces of it
pipes mod
grimoire of gaia (ported to 1.7.10 version) with torture-anon's works in there
ice and fire
create (1.7.10 port)
custom NPCs
a few decoration mods so you fellas can build better slums haha
and there's a few more but I don't want to extend the list on and on forever
>>
It's not a good look for you forge-fags. just sayin
>>
>>325876903
I don't know if any of them do. I think I used Yung's caves with Biome Bundle and it seemed to work. Mineshafts didn't work well though
>>
>>325892281
iceandfireshill easily the worst on the list.
>>
>>325892281
>shillshill
>>
>>325892281
shut the fuck up shill
>>
>>325894345
>>325894387
>shillshillshill double-posting as always
Open your eyes, sheeple, everyone here is a shill but me
>>
File: 1567994186438.jpg (5 KB, 250x247)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
You know, i think the use of the word shill is quite unwarranted.
A shill gets paid for his work, these retards don't.
Their only reward is cheeto dust on their keyboard.

I propose that we instead refer to them as 'loser' instead, outside of triple irony layered epic r/shitposting maymays of course.
>>
fabricloser has a nice ring to it
>>
>>325894851
You mean they do it for free?
>>
Hey guys have you heard of this mod? The game is LITERALLY unplayable without it you should all download it and join my server and fart on me hahaha
www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/farts
>>
>>325861627
Found out Wyrmroost spawns Platinum everywhere which provides tools rated between iron & diamond. You can find it on the surface and get ore from it with your fists. There's no option in the config to disable it, so Ice and Fire wins by default.
>>
File: closing.jpg (50 KB, 580x459)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>325895010
>FabriCloser
>ForgeLoser
I like this "-loser" thing
>>
>>325866076
what do you like on 1.7 that keeps you from moving to 1.12?
>>
>>325897992
The performance is better due to not having the fuckery that keeps getting shoved in with every update since 1.8/1.9, the mods are better since they've had five full years to develop rather than get abandoned every year for versionchasing, and there isn't all the retardation Jeb keeps pushing in like mandatory villager focus.
>>
>>325893096
I'd suggest swapping out Harvestcratf for the Bird's Foods backport.
>>
>>325893096
I don't want to build BETTER slums i want to build WORSE slums! Its not a slum if it's better!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.