[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vg/ - Video Game Generals

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 65 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Goblin Monk.png (250 KB, 430x301)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>What is /crpgg/?
A community dedicated to the discussion of all past, current, and upcoming Computer Role Playing Games!

>Computer Role Playing Games Repository
crpgg.crabdance.com

>Computer Role Playing Games Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/k2B0h0cC

Previous Playthrough: >>313115605
>>
File: Kotor 2.jpg (77 KB, 951x627)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>314301173
Help us rate it, if and with all the content you've played with:
Content / Writing / Combat
xx/10
Leave a ambiguous pseudonym.
>>
File: Cute Jowy.jpg (63 KB, 447x600)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>314301173
Monk anon! Bestest friend forever anon! I will this one post bump Monk anon before other mission Monk anon! I will! I will return Monk anon! I will! I do love you Monk anon! I do! You are my bestest friend forever anon!
>>
File: the biggest of bonk.jpg (285 KB, 582x450)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>314304541
Thanks for the bump. Threads probably need a break anyways. It's not much of a community if it's just you and me posting, lol.
>>
>>314305051
I am still here. It's just that I'm at work and can't find time to post.
Seriously, I think we need some thread question or something to have the thread discussion going.
>>
Anyone here played Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader? is it as bad as some people say?
also bump
>>
>>314301286
Thank you, Monk Anon. You truly are a good Anon!
>>314310180
I have played L:LotC several times in my youth.
The game isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It's problem is that after Barcelona, it stops being a CRPG and starts being a far worse Diablo II.
Is it worth w/e price you have it for on Steam? I don't think so. Is it worth grabbing it on a very cheap sale, or free of charge and checking out, at the very least Barcelona? I think it is, if you don't have anything else to play.
>>
+1 to /crpgg/ title cards.
Thank you dark heart (bad ass), Mea Culpa, NeverForgetVisas and OwlBowl; KotOR II had a fairly balanced rating, provided by everyone.
The logical leap for tomorrow would obviously be it's prequel, but I would like to start this new thread strong, we'll have Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
>>314192418
>>314197154
>>314202978
>>314232586
>>314301286
>>
>114 posters last thread
where are they
>>
>>314289815
Speaking of, where is the Fallout 2 Anon?
Miss his playthrough, was quite enjoying it, and he was about to get to New Reno.
>>
>>314318795
he's here i think
>>>/vrpg/958717
>>
>>314318919
Doesn't add up, he has been done with Modoc >>313869409 ages ago.
>>
>>314318691
Really need to start my Ultima IV–VII here, think it would be fun, considering – I assume – not many have played it.
>>
>>314318795
I loaded a wrong save before going to New Reno and now I gotta do Broken Hills all over again, also got kind of overwhelmed by all the things you can do in New Reno. I'm gonna take a break, maybe finish Pillars first.
>>
>>314323021
Can't say I blame you, feels horrible when that happens.
>>
>>314254796
Ah … good ol' Jeff, let's dissect his post, shall we?
>My whole career has been based on writing very story-heavy games
For starters, good ol' Jeff has been around since the inception of the genre, this is not a understatement.
He acknowledges – more than once – taking what he considers the best of the genre and adapting it to his games, nothing wrong with that by the way.
Despite his experience, he has yet to this day been unable to produce anything meaningful and impactful in – if we are being honest – a genre that does not exactly require much in terms of his own short comings. These being graphical interfaces such as backgrounds, UIs and the like.
With the introduction out of the way, let's dig a little further, shall we.
>Our company, Spiderweb Software, is small.
Not an argument, some of the best titles in and outside of this genre for the past decade have been developed by small companies.
>We're currently remastering x title series
Jeff does this a lot, and he has absolutely no shame about it (not that he should), just listen to his GDQ talk.
>We also finished a new series, which had a lot of words which I suspect weren't as good because it didn't sell as well.
For his own targeted audience? Maybe. Or maybe it was just A LOT of poor written words like he states, and not exactly the number that was the issue. But, instead of outright admitting his own shortcomings – to keep the context of the blog post intact – he just HAS to also mention it had a lot.
>A decently sized novel contains about 100,000 words. The Bible contains about a million words.
Good point, and by his own standards of a good novel, a valid one. Except video games are a different medium, where different scenarios are expected out of your choices – unlike typical fantasy novels – which in turn increase word count.
>>
File: Screenshot (11).png (1.35 MB, 1920x1080)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>314323021
Dude I feel you. Heart of Fury is fucking boring. It also likes to throw shitty encounters at you very early. I ended up restarting with a solo character. Mainly so I can get more experience and gold. As having more experience is the only currency worth a damned in this shitty mode. It also wasn't as much fun being a fucking monk who is severely under powered. Monks don't start doing serious damage with unarmed until around levels nine and plus. Which is awful in AD&D. Unless you're a sun soul monk who can spam his cute soul rays. Which is limited to like one use in the early levels. Such fun.
Ah well, at least this multiclass character is making "progress". I mainly watch youtube on the side, while my character and summons spend several minutes attacking stuff.
Word of advice, don't try Heart of Fury starting at level one. It's. A. Fucking. Slog. I assure you, it plays as awful as it sounds. The reason why I'm doing this is because I'm bored with my life.
>>
>>314329220
>My wordiest and most popular game, Avernum 3, had about 200,000 words.
>People talked about how very, very, many words it had. Yet, by current standards, it is very terse.
Jeff, don't you know your own target audience by now? Why are you so proud of your own small company and achievements but at the same time always looking to the giants?
The answer is, he always looked to the giants, if nothing else to borrow from them, as he states himself.
>In comparison, one of the best-written RPGs in recent times, The Witcher 3, had about 450,000 words.
This guy makes true classic RPGs by the way, but is praising his standards to a deviation of the genre, The Witcher 3.
>The word bloat continues. While Divinity: Original Sin had a mere 350,000 words,
>Tyranny spent 600,000 words telling the story of how you became the word's most evil middle manager,
At no point in his post, does he ever mention replay ability as a factor. I would argue Tyranny offers a lot more in that department compared to D:OS 1, maybe because it has more words? Uhm Jeff, what would you say to that?
>Torment: Tides of Numenara's 1,200,000 words.
>I admit I am curious … but there is nothing that will tempt me to play a game with 1.2 Bibles worth of text.
I admit I find your statement curious … but there is nothing that will tempt me to say you won't play it because you know you'll have nothing to borrow from it that you can't get from better titles.
>When people say a video game has a "good story," what they mean is that it has a story.
Yes Jeff, that's exactly what we mean. As long as it has a story, I'll read about anything because I have no taste or the ability to distinguish what I like or not. Fucking retard.
>The story of almost all video games is, "See that guy over there? That guy is bad. Kill that guy."
Are we talking about story or writing here? FO 2, for example, has an absolutely horrendous story and for some reason, it's better than anything you've produced thus far.
>>
File: Screenshot (12).png (2.26 MB, 1920x1080)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
Also, Fighter/Mage/Cleric is my solo character. The reason being because she gets access to more damage spells. Which you kind of fucking need. As the game likes to throw shit like mummies and shadows at you - not lesser shadows.
>>
>>314331079
Word count shouldn't be an argument, especially for Tyranny, as you can't even see half of those words in a single playthrough.
>>
File: 20201022173137_1.jpg (669 KB, 2560x1440)
669 KB
669 KB JPG
>>
>>314331079
>For a while, there was a big demand for games like Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment.
For a while? When exactly did it stop? You say after the Kickstarter boom, I say it has never ended or will end anytime soon! Because they are masterpieces in the genre, the best of the best and anyone that understands the genre and likes it, would love more of that.
>It's really easy to make words. Really, really, really easy.
Yes, yes, this is true, anyone devoted to the gaming industry knows this by now.
>you can let your Kickstarter backers add words to your game and they’ll pay you for the privilege.
Is this, jealousy? I can't possibly defend the Kickstarter backers NPCs in the game full of shit dialog, but why word it that way?
Only a fool would take them as relevant content.
>No, really, think about that last point. People will pay you to be able to write for your game!
Disingenuous little fuck, either you're the fool as previously stated above, or there's no other excuse for this statement.
>Think about this the next time someone tries to use a giant word count to sell you a game.
If you buy games of this advertising point, I'm truly sorry for your lack of judgment, if it even has ever been even used as a marketing plot.
>The secret of great writing is not adding words. It's cutting them.
I'm not a writer, does less is more apply to writing? Maybe but is it really always the case?
>game development is done with limited budgets and limited time, this editing process almost never takes place.
Fair but nothing new again.
>when a game in 2017 is written by a Big Name and has a script with one bajillion words, most of those words are going to be pretty boring.
Avellone lives rent free in this guys head and he proves this exact point on the next topic he addresses, just look:
>>
>>314332903
>There are well-written games. Fallout: New Vegas and Witcher 3 are solid.
>Baldur's Gate II and Planescape: Torment were all right
>there may be a lot of nostalgia in play there. (For me and almost everyone else.)
>Planescape was cool, but I definitely remember blasting past a lot of text just to get through it.
You just had to do it, didn't you Jeff?
You can't possibly admit to it, because you would concede your whole point.
"Nostalgia and I skipped text" get the fuck out of here, it's a good game with a lot of words, just say it.
Not convinced of Jeff's disingenuous tactics? Just look at the next paragraph down:
>For every Planescape: Torment, where they had a cool setting and story idea and really put the time in to write good text and have it interface with the gameplay well
>there have been nine other games where they just threw up a bunch of Tolkein-light Kill-that-Bad-Guy stuff and hoped it stuck. It didn't.
He just can't say it, can he? PS:T has 950.000 words, by the way. Just say it Jeff.
Jokes aside, he does have a point but the issue isn't word count, it's bad writing.
>Having lots of lore in your game is OK. Some players really love lore. But then, a lot of players really don't.
>I think it's best if you try to keep your lore separated a bit from the significant game text, like Skyrim
Like Skyrim? How about the game you're complaining about that does exactly this, PoE?
Or how about any new game in the genre, that does exactly the same, like PF:K?
Not only is it separated from text in the form of books, it's separated IN THE TEXT, in the form of hyperlinks.
Are you even trying anymore Jeff? What a joke of an argument.
>>
File: 1604872266562.jpg (89 KB, 819x709)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
Well. You've just dismantled the poor guy's argument.
>>
I am going to cook some food.
>>
>>314334298
>Humor is very hard to write well. It is also one of the most enjoyable things to read.
>If you can make your game genuinely funny, people will love it forever.
>The ultimate goal of writing in a game: Have it be good enough that getting past the gameplay to reach the writing is your goal.
>Your writing should be the REWARD. If your writing is something the player has to slog through to get to the game play, there is too much writing.
True and based, but again, nothing new.
>Every game I've ever written has had a lot of words. Some of those games, my fans really loved the words. Some of them, not so much.
Pure cope and denial, it's not the fucking word count. It's bad/uninteresting writing.
>My goal for my next series is to use fewer words, but to make them as light and interesting and funny as I can.
It's almost as if, this whole blog post was some sort of promotion to his product? Could it be all in my head? Probably it is.
>In the meantime, I am remastering my old Avernum 3
Yeah, keep cannibalizing your own products, in a genre that could care less for graphical/few QoL updates.
For someone talking about taking the easy way out, you sure do like to do it, don't you?
>>
>>314301173
Anyone into Dungeon Siege 1?
>>
When does PF:K’s story git gud
>>
>>314342030
In broad terms, I would say Chapter 3.
Overall, if you got duped by the political intrigue opening – like I was – never.
>>
>>314342284
Ah great. I’ve been waiting for it to feel like I’m not just running around doing chores. I just finished Season of the Bloom and got a feeling that the whole game is just going to be chores
>>
>>314342284
>>314342030
If you don't enjoy spending hours making builds; testing them. Then yeah, game will be a "chore".
>>
>>314342663
If running around doing chores is your sentiment, I'm not sure it will exactly cease.
Considering your position – it's kind of unavoidable – if you want something done well, you do it yourself.
Granted, this isn't exactly the norm of nobility as we know it but, strictly adjudicating and sitting around as per history, wouldn't exactly make for riveting gameplay.
>>314342991
Don't think so it's that extreme, the story is not exactly bad and develops in a good pace.
Just couldn't get over the fact of being mislead on the political intrigue train, because I like that specific plot in narratives a lot.
>>
>>314343214
Yeah I guess it just feels less like a grand coherent adventure than a bunch of semi-connected troubleshooting quests. Maybe it picks up in the second half. I’ll try to finish it either way but I’ve been tempted to start something new
>>
File: Monk Girl.jpg (73 KB, 337x500)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
So I cooked some grounded beef with macaroni. It was okay. Thank for reading my blog. For my next magic trick, I will shit post in my own site.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (93 KB, 1471x1024)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>314341231
I WAS into Dungeon Siege back in 2003.
>>
File: Thinking MOnks.png (157 KB, 500x529)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>314344624
Well, don't leave us in suspense. How old are you now?
>>
>>314344624
KRUGS
>>
https://youtu.be/bfvL4FrLMvs
>>
Wait, I need to go back and reread my posts in the last thread. I posted a song that I was listening to on repeat for 24 hours, while playing Icewind Dale. But have forgotten the name song.
>>
>>314344769
N-not that much, I just started high school back then. I also built my first PC from the scratch around that time.

>>314345253
Don't make me replay the game, Anon! (Actually, it's not a bad idea since I barely remember to anything from it.)
>>
You guys have any ideas on how to stop coming to these threads? I try super hard to not post here, but every time I come back here.
>>
>>314347639
What makes you want to stop coming to these threads?
>>
>>314347639
I tried to cut out 4chan altogether but couldn't do it, so this thread is my one fix. You guys are nice and don't make me feel like I'm actively becoming a worse person by engaging here.
>>
>>314349492
Never mind. Forget I said anything. My mistake for even mentioning it. I tend to post without so much as a thought when I'm on here. In any case, I don't want to turn these threads into a soap box.
>>
>>314350467
Can't help if we don't know the cause.
From my point of view, it's a pretty harmless thread and genre to be in.
You might have a reasonable point as to why you would like to stop showing up, but without knowing, it's hard to pin point an accurate solution.
>>
File: Super monk.jpg (202 KB, 920x1114)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>314351186
Forget it, I'm sorry for mentioning it. I was just randomly posting about things on my mind. Here have a monk woman art.
>>
>>314351864
There's nothing wrong with this thread or any board in of itself.
Like anything though, obsessive, unhealthy excess is usually the determining factor when issues arise.
You have no obligations here and no one would hold account for that, though it's understandable you might feel that way.
>>
File: PST_FFG.jpg (245 KB, 806x1159)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
The ultimate succ, that doesn't succ....
Why did it have to be this way, bros?
>>
File: Cute Tomoyo.gif (27 KB, 496x304)
27 KB
27 KB GIF
>>314344164
Be sure eat fruit and vegetable Monk anon! Pineapple is important quality blasting Monk anon! It is!
>>
File: pkknowledge.jpg (15 KB, 463x76)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>314301173
Wait a minute... wasn't the famous "MORE MONK CONTENT" balloon made for International Men's Day by the women devs at Owlcat?
>>
Which class in Kingmaker is the most self-sufficient? As in, can reliably be thrown into any kind of fight?
>>
>>314366345
Any class with a pet is solid, due to pets being so strong. Sylvan Sorcerer probably tops the list in that respect.

On a 1v1 me basis though, Vivisectionists and Magus's are probably the best. Vivisectionists can even make themselves immune to a massive number of special effects.
>>
File: EnNhce-W8AADw32.png (115 KB, 256x256)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>314365482
Oh God, what have they done to you, Val Anon?
The AI did not do a good job. It did not!
>>
>>314368202
What!
>>
File: You.jpg (566 KB, 1280x960)
566 KB
566 KB JPG
>>314301173
Give me Monk anon! I do love Monk anon! I do!
>>
>>314377087
You have to let go, Val Anon! You do!
If you truly love Monk Anon, he needs to be free! He does!
>>
In PoE, does you character creation make an impact on game choices? Would a death godlike get less options quest wise than a human for example?
>>
>>314377395
Not that I recall, no.
>>
>>314377513
Awesome thank you anon. I’m assuming the same is true then when it comes to deity (as a priest) ie you won’t lose out in a quest if you pick Eothas just because the lore says it’s forbidden to worship him in Dyrwood
>>
File: Mistress.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>314377296
No!
>>
>>314377761
I would like to give a straight answer, but I cannot.
Don't think there's anything like that for character creation options, only additive in dialog, like Cipher.
But I'm not 100% sure.
>>
>>314377087
Could you post the balloon pic, Valanon? I'm asking because of >>314365610 (and since I didn't find it in the archive).
>>
>>314378017
Thank you so much anon. I just didn’t want to pigeonhole myself by picking a deity that would limit my options
>>
>>314378535
Tried looking for it as well, couldn't find it, ended up with >>314368202 from their Twitter.
>>
>>314378613
Any time, Anon.
Believe you'll be fine, experimented with a lot of different classes and couldn't discern any change like the question you posed.
Granted I didn't exactly reach end game with each, think that type of approach to game design – even if Sawyer wanted it – would have a heavy push back internally.
>>
File: Strong Monk Anon.png (875 KB, 1159x739)
875 KB
875 KB PNG
>>314378535
>>314378664
Here anons I do give you Monk anon balloon anons! I do!
>>
>>314379261
Holy shit, not only is it really basically men's day, like >>314365610 stated … I just realized where the "Bestest balloon friend forever anon!" comes from.
>>
File: Cute Mion Shion.gif (912 KB, 500x281)
912 KB
912 KB GIF
>>314379650
Thank you anon! You are a good anon!
>>
File: tyaCRPGG.png (29 KB, 253x87)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>314380171
This is some deep Val Anon lore being unearthed here.
>>
File: Cute Shallan.jpg (159 KB, 1000x744)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>314380664
Give me cute lore wifes!
>>
>Pillars of Eternity
>>314377395
>>
File: PST_M.png (171 KB, 343x313)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>314380989
Don't have any lore wives, sorry Val Anon, I like to keep them on topic and haven't saved many from CRPGs.
I do have a lore skull though. Here, take it for a ride.
>>
File: negativeenergyval.jpg (69 KB, 500x589)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>314379261
>it's the /Valanon saves the day/ episode

Much appreciated, thanks! Here's a rare Valerie I found a few months ago!

>>314379650
That's why I called it "the famous balloon". That was the day MonkAnon became recognized by the devs. He officially earned his stripes.
>>
File: Wife Dance.gif (325 KB, 585x700)
325 KB
325 KB GIF
>>314381763
>>314382453
Thank you anons! You are both good anons! I do love you anons! I do!
>>
File: Xal'atath.jpg (84 KB, 781x1200)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: Yoko.png (390 KB, 747x1068)
390 KB
390 KB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: PST.jpg (193 KB, 811x693)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>314385373
>>314388230
>>
File: Cute Fall From Grace.jpg (32 KB, 600x695)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>314388403
>>
>>314388998
Good taste.
Fall-From-Grace doesn't have a lot – from what I gathered from personal searches – that specific one, is probably one of the best.
>>
File: Big Fall From Grace.jpg (2.7 MB, 4098x6769)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB JPG
>>314389309
Here anon I do give you other cute wife picture anon! I do!
>>
File: Soft Daena.png (865 KB, 1488x2105)
865 KB
865 KB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: Cute Daena.jpg (548 KB, 1000x1000)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
>>314301173
Daena wife does give me maximum soreness anons! She does!
>>
>>314380989
>Stormlight Archive
Ok, Valanon, now you have my attention.
Is the series any good? I wanted to give the books a try, because it looks like a fun series.
>>
File: Big Shallan.jpg (128 KB, 773x1000)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>314396203
Thank you anon! You are a good anon! I do not read book anon because I am cute heterosexual human male cannot read book wife scholar anon but it does have cute wifes anon! It does! You are a good anon!
>>
>>314396737
...has Valanon just called me gay?
>>
File: Shock Renge.gif (1.6 MB, 500x282)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB GIF
>>314396946
What!
>>
>>314396946
Maybe.
>>
>>314401353
No!
>>
>>314396203
The common theme with both Sanderson's series I finished is that the first book is really fucking bland by itself though good as a part of the story - but I definitely liked both Mistborn and Stormlight as a whole.
Like, really, Shallan is the only character with an interesting arc in the first book - and she turns Egwene tier awful later, while every other main character becomes interesting and likeable
>>
>>314331340
>that face
>that body
>cha 3

What, does she fart in public?
>>
File: Small Vin.jpg (19 KB, 340x526)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>314403417
>>
>>314335065
aw man share I'm fucken hungry
>>
File: Alcremie.png (891 KB, 1280x1280)
891 KB
891 KB PNG
>>314405994
Here anon I give you this cute food wife!
>>
>>314377395
You'd certainly get a few bits of different dialogue, (so, say, if you're a fire godlike you'll get some flavor about singing your cultist hood), but *class* is a far more noticeable factor. I think if you have a specific class(/classes) it *can* effect quests, but I'm not quite sure if they're exclusive or if it's just one of many paths to reach the same conclusion.
>>
>>314406024
>giving a food wife to a hungry anon
This is how you get a crap wife.
>>
File: Maia.jpg (24 KB, 210x330)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>314406398
What! Is that Deadfire wife anon! Is it!
>>
File: Shit waifu.jpg (30 KB, 500x433)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>314406398
Don't be mean, anon.
>>
File: Xoti.jpg (59 KB, 210x330)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>314411493
What! That is better wife anon than Deadfire wife anon! It is! You are a good anon!
>>
Valanon is out of control on /vrpg/
>>
File: Shy Sakura.jpg (205 KB, 1080x1080)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>314411860
What!
>>
File: Cute Coco.jpg (63 KB, 600x450)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
0-24 BG1
25-59 PS:T
50-74Kingmaker
74-99 Fallout 1

let's r0000000ll
>>
>>314416680
What!
>>
Today, on /crpgg/ title cards , Pathfinder: Kingmaker!
Can it beat DA:O popularity? Let's see.
xx/10
>>
>>314429116
Content: 7/10
Writing: 5/10
Combat: 9/10
t. Shovel Dog
>>
>>314429116
Content – 7/10 • PF:K has a lot of content, it's also diverse quest line wise, the problem arises from location distinction. Apart from a few select spots, everything just blends together, it's not very unique location wise and not exactly in a good way, like Baldurs Gate 1.
Writing – 6/10 • For starters, can't get over the fact of the political intrigue opening, the thing that hooked me to the game, goes absolutely no where narrative development wise.
Main and side quests are alright but the main quest develops in a weird way that leaves out all of the surprising factors. Instead of big reveals (even though it has some) and very ambiguous forces at play, you just sort of discover stuff in a nonchalant way.
Combat – 8/10 • Lots of possibilities, well executed, has everything QoL wise but doesn't have anything special like some stuff in PoE, for my tastes.
— OC Anon
>>314416680
Not a bad roll, short and good.
>>
File: hehe.png (171 KB, 838x229)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
This made me laugh.
>no im not your dad. im a woman
heh
>>
File: Screenshot (16).png (178 KB, 393x603)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
This is a boring beetle. Fear it.
>>
>>314434514
>no "Who's your daddy?" option

One (1) job!
>>
>>314436083
>boring beetle
Wonder what's the story around that one.
>>314438775
Not bad, but would probably need Sheemish to be screaming daddy, instead of papa, for full effect.
>>
>>314404101
Made me drop the book.
>>
File: Screenshot (17).png (1.76 MB, 1920x1080)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
This. This is just shit. There's an entire legion of these fuckers scattered all around the map. AND! They take several minutes to kill. Ah! I spent all of last night getting through these fuckers. Such. Fun!
>>
>>314411860
Link me to the threads, I have to see it.
>>
File: Knight Female 19.jpg (45 KB, 736x1025)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
I have a question. Will you guys be interested in watching youtube videos of me playing these games? Or maybe even review? I would like to do other things with my channel besides shitposting on it.
>>
>>314439969
Make a WWE tournament with companions from the games.
>>
File: Bowwoman.jpg (96 KB, 823x1600)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>314440480
I have no idea on how to do that.
>>
>>314439969
>watching youtube videos of me playing these games
Yes and no.
Yes, if it's a very well done, extensive, full of information, playthrough like Mivsan_NT Baldur's Gate saga, for example.
https://youtu.be/KRyCdpv64c4
No, if it's just a regular playthrough with or without commentary. Unless it's something really old, and you commentate your experience.
>review
Yes. Additional well thought out opinions, with different angles are always a bonus.
>>
>>314429116
>Content
7.5/10. The game is huge and has tons of different quests , has replability and kingom management adds to that, at least RP wise. Lack of unique locales and more opportunities to use skills lowers the score a bit.
>Writing
8.5/10. People really underestimate the writing, I feel. The buildup to the last chapters, all the details that make sense in hindsight, how the game actually subtly explorest hemes about what it means to be a ruler and a leader ( juxtaposition with bosses you face) and a more interesting take on Hubris and relationships between mortals and 'gods' than many games, they are all very interesting.
Most characters are also interesting, though a few have a weird progression/interaction.

The lack of political intrigue as a king, even in kingdom management, how many interactions are locked behind bring specific party members together in areas or locked at camp rest and relatively few narrative focused quests (like the debates) hurt the game a bit. Plus, the fact that players can miss out on quite a few important scenes (especially endgame chapter and salad romance in particular with what entails for the game) is a bit of a shame.

>Combat
8.5/10. As great as the build options are, and while the game tests your resource management more than many rpgs, it is a fact that encounters can get repetitive and tyou are fighting on mostly flat terrain and some basic enclosed areas/corridors. There are few cases where you deal with elevated enemies or existing harsh terrain for example. Also, no queuing actions for RTWP is kinda meh.

-Mea Culpa
>>
File: Female Knight 5.jpg (108 KB, 859x1200)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>314440601
Wow. That sounds like a lot of work. Hmm. This reminds me. I did do a Pathfinder playthrough, but with no commentary. Did anyone here ever think my Pathfinder Unfair Playthrough was informative?
>>
Owlcat Survey for DLC.
https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6043285/Pathfinder-Kingmaker-DLC

I guess they are trying to determine exactly what kind of content to make and start production soon.
Which makes me think Wrath is indeed close to being finished content wise and Beta rollout will be in January/February, with Spring/Summer used for polish.
>>
File: female barb.jpg (85 KB, 739x842)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
I know Pathfinder: Kingmaker like the back of my hand. I can try doing another playthrough of it, this time with commentary.
>>
>>314441572
>Wow. That sounds like a lot of work.
Yes it is, also requires a lot of preemptive knowledge or research/trial and error in the absence of it. But it's such a treat to watch.
Mivsan's playthrough is amazing, even for someone that played the games multiple times.
Not only is he a library of information, he really enjoys the games in a almost gleefully childish sort of way, that's satisfying to watch.
I mean, just listen to this part:
https://youtu.be/KRyCdpv64c4?t=489
That's one of MANY such instances during the 2 games.
>>
>>314441734
Source?
>>
File: Capture.png (153 KB, 843x503)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>>314442223
Well. Pathfinder: Kingmaker is unfortunately the only game I have dedicated hours up on hours of my life into. It's also what got me into interacting with online communities as much as I have.
>>
>>314442521
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3026677
>>
>>314442592
Just being honest here, Monk Anon. You asked, I spoke my unfiltered mind.
PF:K doesn't accommodate for such wacky stuff, as in punching a noble unconscious in order for him not to call the guards, but it does have it's own nooks and "secrets".
If nothing else, a playthrough that skips text but provides a very good summary of what was in it, like Mivsan does, in of itself makes it a lot more interesting than regular ones.
I'm just one guy though, my tastes are different compared to the next.
>>
File: Barbarian Woman 9.jpg (257 KB, 1024x1459)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>314443253
That's fine, lol. I did ask. Like I said, I was thinking of ideas for my shitty youtube channel. Thanks for your input, bro.
>>
>>314442968
Thanks for the link, KS was the only platform I didn't check. Maybe it's just too fresh to be shared on Owlcat's social media accounts already.

>Which is your favourite DLC? / Why this one?

I have to admit it was extremely tempting to simply post G O A T S or an ASCII art of Kanerah's portrait as a reply, but I managed to resist.
>>
File: Capture.png (8 KB, 1571x290)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>314441734
I have completed the survey. I must let the world know.
>>
>>314443824
Follow your passions, Anon.
Post both of them. Do it!
>>
File: Yeti.png (19 KB, 192x168)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>314443895
WAIT I FORGOT SOMETHING! I MUST TELL THE OWLCAT THAT EPISODIC DLC IS THE WORST THING EVER!
>>
File: 1590337633639.png (98 KB, 300x400)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
I have successfully told the Owlcat in the comments section. Humanity wins again, brothers!
>>
>>314443726
You have to acknowledge you're late to the party.
Personal hobby aside and outside of this specific community, it needs to be different if you want it to spread.
That's why Mivsan, came to mind, his approach is timeless and unbeatable. No matter how many people have done it before or will do after, his playthrough is THE playthrough.
>>
>>314444441
Checked. HOLY SHIT!
>>
File: Armored Knight 4.jpg (181 KB, 1134x1400)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>314444441
I'm just trying to think of ideas that I can do for /crpgg/. I don't want it to spread. Like I said, I'm currently spit balling ideas on my note pad.
>>
>>314444444
I have no idea if /vg/ banned gets, so I have to check.
>>
>>314444441
>4444441
so far, yet so close
>>
>>314441734
>asks about white march
Would enjoy seeing them try and tackle something of that quality.
>>
File: Female Knight 18.jpg (72 KB, 640x1165)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>314445181
God, White March had some great encounters. But so did Varnhold's Lot. If they can focus on making super awesome encounters like Alpine Dragon. Then they stand a chance.
>>
>>314444997
>I don't want it to spread.
Why not?
What happens to anything without growth? It will stagnate and die off.
Growth, or in the sense we're talking about here spread, is essential for anything from personal affairs, life itself, a company and yes, even a community or to just a personal hobby.
It doesn't need to be the goal, but working what you have, making it grow to something larger without cutting its roots, will only improve it in the long run.
>>
>>314444441
Are you talking about this Mivsan_NT fella? What makes his approach so different than others? Why do you consider his playthroughs to the THE playthroughs?

>>314445939
>making it grow to something larger without cutting its roots
>without cutting its roots

This is the important part, otherwise pic related happens. Sprinkle it with the invasion of the Suits whose sole God is the Profit, and you see why the current entertainment sector is bankrupt in basically all forms but financially.
>>
>>314450763
This is what Larian wants.
>>
>>314450763
>Are you talking about this Mivsan_NT fella?
Yes.
>What makes his approach so different than others?
The majority of playthroughs, in this case, Baldur's Gate or the CRPG genre are not informative. If they are informative, in almost all the cases, they focus strictly on the combat part with the hardest difficulty setting.
>Why do you consider his playthroughs to the THE playthroughs?
This is obviously a personal taste but I will explain, the best I can.
His playthrough is both, fun to watch and highly informative on the source (the game and it's history).
Mivsan's series, when it comes to Baldur's Gate, is a literal library of information.
He summarizes almost every text and it's intention to a T. He knows classes in and out, what works at certain points and why. Bugs/secrets/glitches/easter eggs, he talks about them, discusses them, their influence, where they come from.
He does every quest, utilizes every companion for their quests, comments on it, his opinion about different scenarios, what could be slightly better or not.
There's just so much more to it, compared to the trivial playthrough dump you usually find. It's a marvel to watch even for a veteran, because of the sheer amount of information it contains that goes unnoticed by most.
There are a few channels that do this, I've seen one very much alike Mivsan's for Earthbound. But it's not the norm.
>without cutting its roots
Yes, this is highly important, well spoken.
>>
>>314450763
>>314452291
Words alone can't do it justice, just watch the first 10 minutes of the linked video above, you'll understand why it's special.
>>
File: LarianDesignPhilosophy.png (512 KB, 1003x901)
512 KB
512 KB PNG
>>314452291
>>314452925
Appreciate the thoughtful answer Anon, I'll definitely check him out. Personally, I always disdained random attention whoring on Youtube, so unless a channel brings something extraordinary on the table it's not worth my time. This guy sounds worth following.

>>314452247
Larian's BG experiment was 100% predictable from day one, I posted this pic a few times but that is what immediately came to my mind as soon as I read the announcement. Their design philosophy granted that the "official" BG3 will be THEIR version of BG3.

That being said, I wouldn't question their intentions. I'm sure they want to give their best, too bad they can only make a game in one way and it has nothing to do with the BG franchise. Majority of the blame should go for WotC for their greediness and sjwism.
>>
File: CRPGG_Waifu_Cards.jpg (243 KB, 1280x800)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
Today on /crpgg/, apart from PF:K, we rate what really matters!
Help us rate it, if you coomed or want to:
Face / Tits / Ass
xx/10

Jokes aside, I might actually explore this format.
>>
>>314462062
All 10/10
>>
File: 1605884906120.gif (2.91 MB, 280x210)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB GIF
>>314462062
I wish I had a GF.
>>
File: 1605879361379.jpg (80 KB, 1187x1250)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>314301173
This community is like an island. The culture and atmosphere here is much different from other /vg/ threads.
>>
>>314459473
>I always disdained random attention whoring on Youtube
Honestly, think he did it more for himself than anything else.
There's a market for it, that's why I suggested a similar approach to Monk Anon. Countless comments asking about IWD, or PS:T and the like, but he looks to be very strict and only wants to keep to his guns.
>worth following
Not, exactly following, he hasn't uploaded in months.
But he did finish all of the Baldur's Gate saga, that's why it matters.
>>314462829
You can do it Anon, summon the succ!
>>>/x/26777678
>>314463481
How so?
>>
File: Female Knight 15.png (1.03 MB, 1000x1688)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>314445939
I'll just stick to poop posting. I don't really have any talent. I'm just a very determined person. I don't really enjoy doing a lot of work either, unless I have to do it, or I get really excited about something - which I'm not at the moment.
>Why not?
You ask some really huge questions that make me think, huh. Well I don't want to answer that question. I'd rather just keep my thoughts to myself. I was trying to spit ball some fun ideas for new projects, that's all.
>>
>>314466489
I'll take the queues and leave it at that, just one last thing….
>I don't really have any talent.
Neither does anyone else that doesn't cultivate it.
>>
>>314466894
But what if I have talent and no skill?
>>
>>314467552
Curiously enough, the same applies.
Outside of genetic lotteries for very specific stuff, even the child wonders have a pile of work behind them.
>>
>>314466894
>I'll take the queues and leave it at that
Thanks man.
>Neither does anyone else that doesn't cultivate it.
I don't understand.
>>
File: Capture.png (160 KB, 846x234)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
Would you?
>>
File: Capture.png (158 KB, 849x236)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
They weren't joking. Uh oh.
>>
>>314470995
In very particular, extreme hunger circumstances, every single one of the 29 posters in this thread would.
>>
File: no.png (144 KB, 844x238)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
They're going to eat me! Nooo!
>>
What's so good about Kensai?
>>
>>314474035
Just Kensai? They they gain every three levels, a bonus to damage and THAC0 of +1 but cannot wear armor or shields.
The real strength comes from eventually dual-classing to mage, usually at level 9. At this point the downside of not being able to use armor is moot because of the sheer amount of defensive spells mages have.
>>
File: Shock Daena.jpg (506 KB, 792x1024)
506 KB
506 KB JPG
>>314301173
Give me Monk anon! I do love Monk anon! I do!
>>
File: ValAnonSoonTM.jpg (285 KB, 760x720)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>314475964
He has awakened!
>>
File: Strong Yuno.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>314476347
>>
File: Spider Queen.jpg (275 KB, 640x800)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>314475964
Take care of yourself, anon.
>>
File: Female Knight 46.jpg (120 KB, 900x1100)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>314476909
I guess. As of late, I've been feeling like I don't want to post here anymore. But I still come to these threads. I don't know what's wrong with me.
>>
File: Wide Wifes.jpg (52 KB, 720x480)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>314477219
It is cute strong friendship! It is!
>>
File: Knight Female 36.jpg (116 KB, 736x1312)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>314477970
I suppose. Tell me something, do you feel like you've made any friends here?
>>
File: warrior female.jpg (95 KB, 540x1170)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>314478869
I suppose so. Well. Don't let me damper the mood anymore than I already have.
>>
File: Yo Yo Chika.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>314479196
I do love you anon! I do!
>>
>>314478538
Don't think searching for that here or any Anonymous board, for that matter, is a good idea.
I'll even go a step further and say online, but that would open up another can of worms in of itself.
>>
File: Unicorn Monk Woman.png (560 KB, 860x908)
560 KB
560 KB PNG
>>314479565
Well thanks anon. Here. Have a unicorn monk. Those types of monks are super rare, didn't you know?
>>
File: Male Wizard.jpg (731 KB, 1387x2000)
731 KB
731 KB JPG
>>314479890
Thanks anonymous. I'll take your advice to heart.
>>
File: Dragon Valerie.png (3.26 MB, 2500x2500)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB PNG
>>314479948
Thank you Monk anon! Bestest friend forever anon! Here Monk anon I do give you this cute Dragon Valerie! You are my bestest friend forever anon!
>>
>>314483541
Did you edit all those hats in yourself?
>>
>>314459473
>Majority of the blame should go for WotC for their greediness and sjwism.

Would you prefer Beamdog to make the game?
>>
>>314484803
Beamdog? Why do you have to go there, it's not the only option?
What about OwlCat, for example? Or even Obsidian?
For all it's release flaws, PF:K retained some of the golden era classicism and integrity.
PoE in my book was a major success as well. It has it's problems but, just like Kingmaker, the classicism is there, even more pronounced with the amazing backgrounds. The integrity is there.
Larian? Larian just threw everything out of the gate. They had their success with D:OS I & II, but if you look closely, it doesn't carry any weight to the old IE formula.
As soon as they announced it was going to be TB without any chance of RTwP, it was over. The combat isn't everything, obviously, and not even the better part of the classics but it is part of them.
Throwing it out and ignoring it, just goes to show how they'll treat the rest and it has been vastly shown, the closer it gets to release.
>>
>>314485750
>The combat isn't everything, obviously, and not even the better part of the classics but it is part of them

Sounds like just preserving something just for the sake of preserving it, and not because it is better.

Isn't DnD turn-based?
>>
File: Cute Shadowheart.png (2.3 MB, 1920x1080)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB PNG
>>314485750
>>314486310
Do not worry anons it is okay anons because Larian did give cute maximum soreness Shadowheart tsundere wife anons! It is true anons! It is!
>>
>>314486310
>Isn't DnD turn-based?
Why do faggots keep bringing this shitty argument up.
>>
>>314484803
I always forget some shit in my TED talks.
Larian literally, this is not a joke (look it up), is using the same D:OS II story opening, in it's Baldur's Gate III game.
It's not just the theme of the opener, it gets worse, it is so clear it's the same opening that you get saved from certain death – right at the end of it – by a mysterious force. Just like D:OS II….
>>314486310
>Isn't DnD turn-based?
I'm not getting into this. I'll give you my two cents, and leave it at that, this discussion has been add ad-nauseam.
This is a videogame, adapting a P&P system to 100% faithfulness to the point of making it turn based is archaic.
>Sounds like just preserving something just for the sake of preserving it, and not because it is better.
>>
>>314486667
They think it instantly validates their point, for w/e reason.
>>
>>314486934
>Just like D:OS II….

That does not make it a bad move.
>>
File: 1605897159787.png (235 KB, 700x500)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
>>314486934
> turn based is archaic
This has absolutely nothing to do with it being archaic. Turn Based is a fantastic system for tactical play. This is more inline with the fact that we should be seeking innovations towards our little niche of gaming. RTwP was different, it was fresh. It changed how RPGs were played. It brought RTS elements by allowing you to control multiple characters at the same time, in a Real Time based environment. It also gave you multiple options in how you played. Slow players could pause the game indefinitely. Fast players can play without it. Of course, in the higher difficulties the pause function is mainly used for precise micro. Regardless, not much innovation has been brought about since the inception of RTwP. In the twenty or so odd years that it's been introduced, we haven't had anything else to shake things up. Except for little quality of life features to help the impaired. It's been mostly the same old same old. Shame; really.
>>314487097
Yeah. it's called it's appealing to authority or some such.
>>
>>314487389
I'll keep biting, while I make time for more important stuff, but at least make it harder to notice.
If you don't think cannibalizing your own IP story opener and recreating it 100% in a completely unrelated cult classic IP is a problem, I don't know what else to say.
I'll ask you, integrity for the source material wise, how do you justify it?
>>
File: bro.png (228 KB, 1165x337)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
Whoa. Icewind Dale predicted Corona.
>>
File: Cute Corona.png (715 KB, 640x800)
715 KB
715 KB PNG
>>314488228
>>
>>314487930
Perhaps archaic was not the wisest choice of word. I actually don't have an issue with TB games if:
>Turn Based is a fantastic system for tactical play.
Yes, and it does wonders in titles specifically crafted for it. JA2, ToEE & KotC, for example. Baldur's Gate, at least in my opinion, doesn't fit the bill.
>we should be seeking innovations towards our little niche of gaming
Yes, we should, but completely disregarding it and going with subpar TB systems (D:OS) is what's happening and we're being shit on with arguments like D&D is turn based.
You raise valid points and, like you stated, some have been addressed but I think the problem lies elsewhere. Micro, the disdain for micro is the problem.
>>
>>314488228
It's funny how many of these you can catch in older titles, an Anon posted a lock-down scenario due to a pandemic in PS:T a few threads ago.
>>
File: 1605810925671.png (161 KB, 713x730)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>314489069
>Micro, the disdain for micro is the problem.
I completely disagree on that front. Micro isn't the problem. AI scripting has been around for a while now. It was featured in Baldur's Gate, and Pillars of Eternity - if we're to be modern. I think the real problem is that people don't understand what to do during big fights. For example, when multiple things occur all at once, brain goes poo poo. I believe Josh Sawyer touched on this: https://youtu.be/xChOXFJ83-g?t=349
Many people simply have a hard time following combat.
>>
>>314490131
I'll touch on other points after watching the video but how can you say micro is not a problem and in the next sentence talk about AI scripting?
If they're using AI and advanced scripts, they're completely ignoring micro for an automated system.
>>
>>314490459
>how can you say micro is not a problem and in the next sentence talk about AI scripting?
Because by using AI scripts, they can bypass that skill requirement of having to micro.
>they're completely ignoring micro
Right. Which is why the system was introduced in the first place. Just as how the pause function was introduced for the slow player.
>>
>>314490728
So…micro is the problem?
Hear me out here, I'm being honest.
If they forgo the act of micro, in my mind, they do not enjoy it, hence it is a problem that no amount of cool RTwP features you can introduce will satisfy them, because they'll parse it to AI.
Their own short comings, with lack of comprehension for what's happening, is in itself a product of the AI use due to their loss of control and disregard for the automated process.
>>
File: Female Knight 42.jpg (416 KB, 1920x2897)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
>>314491260
Try watching what Josh has to say, at least. He does a better job of saying what I'm trying to say.
>>
>>314491563
Will do, I'll get back to you.
>>
File: Sorcerer 2.jpg (164 KB, 866x1155)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>314491740
Ok. I'm going back to playing Icewind Dale and watching my people hit enemies for several minutes.
>>
File: 1585408474169.jpg (31 KB, 591x591)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
I'm upgrading my GPU. I currently own a GTX1070 and an i7 8600. Will getting a RTX3070 FINALLY make Pillars 2 not run like dogshit?
Game runs fucking awfully and has no goddamn right to run that poorly while it looks "ok" at best.
>>
>>314494352
Nope. That's just how the game is.
>>
>>314494473
FUcking hell, I just want to play another RTwP game without having it chug more than a drunk prostitute
>>
>>314494629
Try Pillars of Eternity 1. It ran fine on my system.
>>
>>314495080
I already played that sadly
Who the fucks plays a sequel before the first game??
>>
12H notice to closure!
Can't believe DA:O might actually win, this is turning out quite the surprise.
xx/10
>>314429116
>>
File: Female Dark Knight.jpg (524 KB, 2986x2987)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
>>314495290
You would be surprised. Lots of people have played Witcher 3 without playing the first ones.
>>
>>314495509
>>314495290
>should I ignore BG1 and jump straight to 2?
YFW.
>>
>>314495640
Speaking of which. How would you rank your the IE games? For me. It's Baldur's Gate 2 > Icewind Dale 1 > Baldur's Gate 1 > Planescape Torment.
>>
>>314485392
Valanon, your idol is a scumbag and the hats reflect poorly on you.
>>
>>314495868
PS: T > BG 1 (it's not exactly better than 2, just a very personal ranking due to the exploration and personal attachment) > BG 2.
IWD is still on the backlog.
>>
>>314496610
Do not engage, Val Anon! This is bait. It is!
You will quick be put in suspension. You will!
>>
File: Aasimar monk.jpg (66 KB, 731x1093)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>314496635
You should play Icewind Dale 1 when you can. I feel it's a better upgrade than Baldur's Gate 1. But isn't better than Baldur's Gate 2, in my opinion anyways.
>>
>>314496930
After the Ultima /crpgg/ playthrough, maybe, eventually.
I get around to them, it's just a matter of when.
>>
>>314496930
Actually, what am I doing here with the sweet talk, Monk Anon what the fuck?!
Where is your PF:K rating? feelsbadman
>>314495362
>>
File: Screenshot (20).png (174 KB, 646x686)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>314497160
Do post about Ultima when you can. That one is before my time. So I never played those games. Should be fun seeing what they're like.
>>
>>314497404
>Monk Anon what the fuck?!
What's there to say? I've been obsessed with Kingmaker ever since it was released. I was obsessed with talking about it, making builds for it, getting people to play the game. Heck. I got involved in online communities because of my obsession with the game. I even made videos about me doing challenging fights of it. I love the game, enough so that I dumped about hundred or so dollars towards the campaign for the sequel. I've said a lot about the game over the years, and I'm tired of talking about it.
>Where is your PF:K rating?
But, since you asked me specifically for a rating, I'll humor you.
>Combat
It's pretty mediocre; 5/10. Combat doesn't feel as good compared to Pillars of Eternity or even Icewind Dale 1. In Pillars of Eternity, characters can perform varying amounts of attack animations. This makes combat all the more satisfying when allied units down enemy units. Same thing with Icewind Dale 1. Varying amounts of effects and animations make the combat enjoyable to watch. In Pathfinder, your allied units will be swinging axes, swords, spears, and even glaives, with the same animation. Combat becomes a slog, as allied units repeat the same animations when attacking the enemy. Furthermore, since I love playing monks; unarmed animations are awful. Neverwinter Nights 2 and Jade Empire had better unarmed animations than whatever crap there was in Kingmaker.
>>
>>314501306
>Story
I genuinely enjoyed the story to Kingmaker. Nothing to complain about here. It had pay offs, and some twists here and there. My most memorable moments with the story was the Varnhold's Lot DLC. It was quite amusing to see how it tied to the main story to the game. I suppose a 9/10 for me.
>Content
It's. Well. A mixed bag. Let's go down my list:
I loved the build making aspect of Kingmaker. It's what got me into the game. There's so many ways to create your character and customize them to your preference. So a 10/10 for build making.
Level design leaves a lot to be desired. As others have already stated - lots of copy pasted map layouts; not enough unique awe inspiring locations. For example, I can remember Pillars of Eternity so vividly after I finished it because of its amazing hand painted backgrounds. Meanwhile, I can't remember any of the maps about Kingmaker; to it's defense though, it did have some neat environmental changes when exploring beneath the Stolen Lands. 4/10 there.
Kingdom Management was okay, but quite frankly needed some more refinement. There's a game I played on steam called Reigns. You basically manage your kingdom by swiping cards. The reason why I bring that game up, is because the gameplay is pretty similar to the kingdom management feature. Suffice to say, That game had more engagement than the Kingdom Management feature of Kingmaker. 4/10 - I suppose.
In total I'd give content a 6/10. There are other things that I'd want to talk about in regards to Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but nothing comes to mind at the moment. Too much Icewind Dale has fried my mind.
>>
Since late feb I've been binge gaming nonstop but have nothing to play anymore, did all the staple crpgs and random other games (from racing to survival horror) that interested me. What do I do bros? Theres nothing interesting and even coomer games are completely meh.
>>
>>314502281
>What do I do bros?
You shit post about video games. That's what you do next.
>>
>>314502281
>did all the staple crpgs
Which include?
>>
>>314502491
POE1/2 Div1/2 Tyranny KOTOR1/2 Planescape (BG1/2 a few years back) Disco Elysium NWN 1 enhanced Icewind enhanced and Pathfinder
There are more that i tried out and didn't click with and I didn't finish every single one I tried but I have tried to be fair and objective while seeing if I liked a game.
>>314502409
My opinions are shit.
>>
File: Sorcerer.jpg (684 KB, 1920x3437)
684 KB
684 KB JPG
>>314503171
>My opinions are shit.
My opinions are poo poo too, but that shouldn't stop you from sharing them. Who knows, there might be people who share the same opinions as you. Heck, others might find a new perspective on the genre enjoyably.
>POE1/2 Div1/2 Tyranny KOTOR1/2 Planescape (BG1/2 a few years back) Disco Elysium NWN 1 enhanced Icewind enhanced and Pathfinder
Try out Arcanum next. That one is quite fun, from what I've heard.
>>
>>314503171
• Fallout 1–2 & New Vegas;
• Arcanum;
• Dragon Age: Origins;
• Knights of the Chalice;
• UnderRail;
• Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines;
• Ultima VII;
• Jagged Alliance 2;
• The Temple of Elemental Evil;
• Wizardry 8;
• Grimoire;
• Betrayal at Krondor;
• Might & Magic series;
• Shadowrun series;
• Dark Sun: Shattered Lands;
• Ultima Underworld;
• Atom RPG;
• Darklands;
• Wasteland series;
• Geneforge….
Take your pick Anon, have fun.
>>
File: CRPGG_Arcanum_TC.jpg (172 KB, 1280x800)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>314503171
>>314503765
>Arcanum
>>
File: Finger Asuka.gif (1.73 MB, 500x375)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB GIF
>>314496610
No! You are only success participation award cheater because you are accident offspring of American California wife beater! You are! No! You are a bad anon! You are!
>>
>>314501306
>>314501460
Out of all people, you are the one who hates almost every aspect of the game. That's kind of hilarious.
>>
>>314503835
Man, I really need to finish the /crpgg/ essential/most play list, don't I?
>>
>>314501306
>>314501460
>I'm tired of talking about it.
Understandable, just though it would be a crime not to have you on this one. With this said, I appreciate the effort, thank you!
I will refrain from further commenting on the specifics of the rating and honor your wish but, just know, it didn't go unnoticed.
>>
File: Female archer.jpg (114 KB, 640x987)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>314504507
Hate is a strong word, anon. Hate implies I spam about how much the game sucks on forums - which I don't. Hate implies that I don't enjoy playing the game - which again, I don't; I love playing the game. I just believe certain aspects are not as good as others. Besides, I was asked for my opinion, and I gave it. My honest opinion.
>>
>>314503765
>>314503835
>>314504132
<3 ty anons you are all good anons
>>
File: Knight Female 44.jpg (425 KB, 1843x2284)
425 KB
425 KB JPG
>>314504808
Kingmaker is a game I've constantly been thinking about, ever since I started playing other games. My opinion of it has been changing each time I compare it to recent titles that I've been playing - so there's that.
>>
>>314505240
>My honest opinion.
That's the only thing I was looking for.
>>
File: Female Knight 14.jpg (86 KB, 1075x744)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>314505057
If you're a huge combat fan like me. Consider trying out Knights of the Chalice next. Good AI. Good implementation of the rule set. Good everything. I think you'll like it. The first one is on steam.
>>
>>314504540
At this point, the essential/most play list will be huge.
Think I'll make it and then make specific ones like for writing and combat, sounds good to me.
>>
>>314505849
C'mon Anon, why this blatant bait attempt to fish for another ban?
At this point, you're doing exactly what you accuse him of.
>>
File: MAGA Ryuko.gif (3.92 MB, 420x236)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB GIF
>>314506770
Do not give me nonsense motif when your curtains do hang like spoiled beef! Do not!
>>
>>314506948
Are you actively baiting people in such a manner? Why?
>>
>>314506770
It's just a hat…. If his posts truly annoy you, his modus operandi isn't hard to filter.
But I'll leave you that, this isn't going anywhere, you do you.
>>
File: Wife Archer.png (454 KB, 600x1000)
454 KB
454 KB PNG
>>314507039
No! I do not bait anon because I do post cute MAGA wifes anon for bump bestest friend forever Monk anon thread anon! I do! I do not start nonsense fight but I will destroy all aggressor enemy with heaven justice light! I will!
>>
>>314507275
MAGA wives are off-topic on /vg/
>>
File: MAGA PMURT.png (123 KB, 346x574)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>314507408
No!
>>
I don't understand why it's so hard to just ignore people. The biggest power you have as a poster is not giving attention to a posters you don't like.
>>
File: not like this.png (138 KB, 1161x335)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
Oh no. They're going to turn me into a rape machine. Bros... Not like this.
>>
>>314507686
If you never say anything they believe their behavior is liked and accepted by everyone.
>>
File: Cute Aigis.jpg (106 KB, 679x960)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>314507996
Give me breeding machine wifes!
>>
>>314507996
Don't know if it's just you selectively posting these, but IWD has some wacky stuff….
>>314508076
>Give me breeding machine wifes!
This is probably one of the funniest ones you've done.
>>
File: MAGA TЯUMꟼ.png (106 KB, 346x574)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>314508349
>>
File: Screenshot (21).png (1.2 MB, 1920x1080)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>314508349
>Don't know if it's just you selectively posting these
Nah. This is what he says when he sees you.
>>
>>314491563
Maybe I'm just a veteran, like Sawyer states but I didn't find PoE's combat hard to follow at all.
The UI is amazing at displaying information – outside of floating damage numbers – think anyone with or without veteran's experience can agree on that.
Is there room for improvement in rendering visual effects, as Josh himself states, yes. Yes there is, but even MOBAs (where I would argue this information is more important and worked on) the problem still prevails.
The extent to which I use AI and scripts is non existent, I like to micro everything. One of the reasons why I think micro is the problem is that I've seen countless comments in the tune off:
>Why do my companions walk into my own AoEs instead of go around them?
I've seen countless of these and, if this is happening, they're not microing so my logic leap is that you do not enjoy it.
Is there an argument to be made that simplicity should be accommodated for without overall harm to the product? Yes but at that extreme point, the issue isn't with RTwP itself.
Also, I cannot possibly fathom how Sawyer thought or found incredulous that there was low overlap between D:OS II and PoE.
>>
>>314510209
And holy shit, Swen himself told him that and then he pulls all this shit with Baldur's Gate III, holy fuck.
He actually knows and doesn't care.
>>
File: 1605899542508.png (151 KB, 341x314)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
What's the point of the Wizard Slayer in Icewind Dale? It feels like one of those trap classes.
>>
>>314510209
Sorry anon, my brain is kind of pooped. Don't want you to feel like I've ignored you or anything. I read your post. I'm just too fried from playing Icewind Dale.
>>
>>314510839
You know what, that kind of does make two of us, leave it for another time or don't.
I'll catch you and everyone else later.
>>
File: goats.jpg (750 KB, 1666x890)
750 KB
750 KB JPG
Why are the goats the best wives?
>>
File: Armored Knight 2.jpg (198 KB, 1441x2048)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>314510946
Bye bye.
>>
File: Big Shadowheart.jpg (586 KB, 3840x2160)
586 KB
586 KB JPG
>>314510551
Give me cute Shadowheart wife!
>>
File: Mana Wifes.jpg (162 KB, 783x1024)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: Catherine.png (999 KB, 1200x1200)
999 KB
999 KB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
>>314429116
Wait a sec, can we vote with 0.5 points too like >>314441517? I'm just asking for the sake of clarity. If so my vote would be C:7.5 / W:8 / C:9 - if not change C to 8. (t. Ghaele Azata)
>>
File: Cute Kawakami.jpg (185 KB, 850x1225)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: Cold Steel Valerie.png (1.73 MB, 767x1522)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: Monk Valerie.png (90 KB, 695x680)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: Ene.jpg (126 KB, 636x900)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: Cute Blair.png (805 KB, 1064x720)
805 KB
805 KB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: MAGA Renge.gif (965 KB, 464x407)
965 KB
965 KB GIF
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
>>314529808
Haha...
>>
File: Good Rean.jpg (179 KB, 707x1000)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>314542736
>>
File: Cute Jennifer.jpg (127 KB, 395x700)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
What CRPG are you right now, anons?
>>
>>314546352
are you playing*
>>
File: 20201031003231_1.jpg (552 KB, 2560x1440)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
>>314546352
Encased. It's pretty based. Just the first few hours are done though, so just a taste. It's pretty good so far so I don't think my faith is misplaced.
>>
File: Luluco.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>314546842
Can you give me Encased wife anon! Can you! You are a good anon!
>>
>>314546352
TES: V Skyrim
>>
>>314546936
Get out.
>>
File: tiefling Rogue.jpg (47 KB, 735x1110)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>314546352
Icewind Dale 1. That's all that I've been playing.
>>
File: 1562691904251.jpg (36 KB, 639x755)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>314547502
>>
File: pkrpgcorerefdoc.png (258 KB, 1639x963)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>314301173
Good morning, Church! Let's open up our Bibles!
>>
File: Tielfing Rogue 3.jpg (135 KB, 851x1200)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
Thread theme: https://youtu.be/9q9KUjffziY
>>
Heheh? Heh.
>>
File: OwlBears!.png (209 KB, 1167x325)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
What the fuck?! Owlbears were a thing in AD&D? I thought they were a Pathfinder thing. Huh. Really makes the nogging go the jogging. Really flaps those brain pancakes. Really makes you think!
>>
>>314554664
honestly is there a single thing Pathfinder did not just shamelessly steal from D&D?
>>
File: Capture.png (1.57 MB, 1016x894)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>314555370
A bunch of the classes/archetypes splat books are pathfinder stuff.
>>
File: owlbeardnd1e.jpg (411 KB, 1024x768)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>>314554664
Owlbears have been around since first edition (1e) of D&D, which was in the mid-to-late 1970s.

>>314555370
Quite a strange claim, considering WoTC Open Game Licence is a thing for quite a while.
>>
File: Beholder_Chan.jpg (382 KB, 1000x904)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
Give me Beholder wifes!
>>
>>314556290
That owlbear looks retarded.
>>
File: 1605978784214.jpg (6 KB, 186x166)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>314556579
My dude looks like a rejected duckling, HOLY SHIT AHAH!
>>
File: Tielfing Fighter.jpg (45 KB, 736x1041)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>314556565
Beholder is copy right anon. We can't have copy right here. Only discount beholders are allowed.
>>
>>314495362
Fine, I'll bite.
Content: strong 8/10. The game is long, with lots of replayability, although the actual quality of content is sometimes uneven. Still, I appreciate the effort. And the Kingdom Management is a nice addition.
Writing: 7/10. It knows what it is and I appreciate that. It's a fun fantasy romp, nothing more and nothing less. I swear, I am getting sick of the 2deep4u RPGs lately. Companions are also pretty fun. It's not Planescape Torment, but it doesn't want to be.
Combat 8/10. Again, lots of replayability via fuckton of build, and PF ruleset is a pretty solid base and the overall encounter design is pretty well done.
Confession time. I've never actually finished Kingmaker. I got to Chapter 3 and then real life got in the way, so those are my, let's say, early impressions. So, if you don't wish to use this rating, I understand
t. NeverForgetKalikke.
>>
File: Knight Female 28.jpg (199 KB, 917x1300)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>314557839
You should at least see what the final boss is like, it's pretty fun: https://youtu.be/4nAMgON2Yk0
>>
File: Screenshot (30).png (1.77 MB, 1920x1080)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
This entire exchange is mega cute.
>>
People talk about wives here but who did you actually go with in the popular wife games?

For me,

Kingmaker: Octavia
Witcher: Shani
Baldur's Gate: Imoen (she's not your blood relative, I was a girl anyway)
Divinity OS2: Lohse
Dragon's Dogma: Selene
Dragon Age 1: Leliana
Dragon Age 2: Merrill
Dragon Age Inq: Sera
Mass Effect 1: No one
Mass Effect 2: Kelly
Mass Effect 3: loyal to kelly (which means no one)
Mass Effect An: Suvi
Greedfall: Siora
Fallout 4: Cait
Skyrim: Serana
Persona 3: Fuuka
Persona 4: Naoto
kotor: Bastila
kotor 2: Visas
swtor: Lana
Hogwarts Mystery: Merula
Fire Emblem Houses: Bernie
Katawa Shoujo: Rin
Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Odessa
Planescape: Annah
Baldur's Gate 3: It looks like I'm going with Shadowheart if there is a redemption arc, or whatever lawful/neutral/chaotic Good girl they add later if not
NWN2: Neeshka (mod)
>>
>>314559965
No one here really cares about romance faggotry except for one autist.
>>
>>314559965
>Mass Effect 1: No one
>Mass Effect 2: Kelly
>Mass Effect 3: loyal to kelly (which means no one)
the most garbage taste in all of mankind
>>
>>314560036
He doesn't even play these games. He just spams about the same stuff over and over. Constantly telling us how he didn't even make it past the first part of the game. Or how he got filtered by whatever.
>>
File: 1603828406043.png (455 KB, 1280x720)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
>>314560036
Sounds like a subject we should all vote on. It's been a while since we've had a poll on something. Let's vote on random shit.
https://www.strawpoll.me/35161194
>>
>>314560808
should put the '- im retarded' bit on romance too
>>
File: 1605660468117.png (179 KB, 399x272)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>314561004
Damn. Didn't cross my mind. Maybe next time.
>>
>>314559965
Sure, why not.
Kingmaker: Octavia (rule of elimination: Valerie sucks, I don't like Kanerah and Kalikke is barely a romance)
Witcher: Yennefer
Baldur's Gate 1: Dynaheir
Baldur's Gate 2: Viconia
DivOS 2: Sebille. Somehow
Dragon Age: Origins: Leliana
Dragon Age 2: Merrill
Dragon Age Inquisition: Fuck romances in that game, my Inquisitor died a virgin.
Mass Effect 1: Ashley
Mass Effect 2: Miranda
Mass Effect 3: Ashley
Mass Effect Andromeda: see Dragon Age Inquisition.
Arcanum: Raven
KotOR 1: Bastila (is there any other option?)
KotOR 2: Visas
Planescape Torment: Grace
NWN 1 HotU: Nathyrra
NWN 2: Elanee (fuck it, it's so rare to have an elven waifu)
NWN:MotB: Safyia (again, there is no other choice)
Alpha Protocol: Mina
Baldur's Gate 3: Unless they give me a nice drow waifu, or Sylvira turns out to be a love interest, my char dies a virgin.
Wrath: Camellia. Obviously.
>>
File: Capture.png (47 KB, 1150x734)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
Oi! Who's the faggot that voted romance?! You're kind ain't welcome here! Get! Get out my threads! Only TRUE combat fans are allowed here!
>>
>>314561074
Bastila is a shallow shallow romance option. Just like romance fags who try to search for romance in video games.
>>
>>314561304
I did.
I guess I'll be going now. It has been fun, lads.
>>
>>314561751
Wtf don't leave. Don't make my community any smaller than it already is. It's called having fun. Meant no offense.
>>
>>314561304
>no rpg with combat romance
>no rpg with story writing

>>314560443
Don't forget the off topic political tirades about stupid american politics with his obviously biased as hell pigeonholed views, and calling people stupid and fat if they disagree with him. The retard is such a troll but for some reason spamming the same meaningless words every thread makes him "endearing" or some shit. Just goes to show that having a "thread personality" is not always a good thing.
>>
File: Screenshot (31).png (1.56 MB, 1920x1080)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
Nice. He sounds like he's having fun.
>>
File: Screenshot (32).png (1.86 MB, 1920x1080)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB PNG
What a hoot this guy.
>>
>>314559965
Baldur's Gate: Viconia and Aerith
Dragon Age 1: Morrigan
Mass Effect 1: Ashley
kotor: Bastila
kotor 2: Visas
Planescape: Annah and Grace
Arcanum: Raven
MotB: safiya
Alpha Protocol: Mina
for the other games, i didn't played them or weren't invested enough in them to bother doing the side-contents, romance included.
>>
>>314564618
>Aerith
The fuck's gotten to me
it's Aerie, not Aerith obviously
>>
Sorry I'm late bros, busy day.
/crpgg/ finishes another one, with the help of Ghaele Azata, Mea Culpa, NeverForgetKalikke, Nona Knom and Shovel Dog; thank you, can't do this without you.
Just look at this rating, pretty solid isn't it? Think solid accurately describes PF:K.
For tomorrow, think we'll start with NWN, break up the next day to finish KotOR and finish with NWN 2, sounds like a good plan.
>>314429358
>>314441517
>>314523940
Yes, decimals are accepted, need to average the total so it works either way.
>>314557839
Looks un par enough in comparison, to be considered. You've also been a regular on previous ones, don't see a strong enough reason for it to be discarded.
>>314501306
>>
>>314565346
That is a controversial rating, Most games had 8s or 9s or 10s. But this game has 7s.
>>
>>314566010
Don't necessarily see it that way.
At a first glance, PF:K might not excel in any of the three departments, but upon close inspection, it's an overall solid product for not having any abrupt drops.
Doubt by the end of this, with more than 3 people rating a single game, we'll have any 10's. The only ones that currently do, have not suffered the same 24H rating process and are usually only rated by 1–2 people.
>>
Man, I can't believe how shit Bloodlines 2 looks. At least the soundtrack will be good.
>>
File: Screenshot (33).png (1.52 MB, 1920x1080)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
Going through this the second time, is still interesting to me.
>>314566010
Not a bad game at all. Just not as amazing as other games in the genre. Good enough to stand on it's own though. Remember, this is Owlcat's first cRPG; and the first Pathfinder cRPG. Lots of improvement for the next one. Still. In this market of saturated mediocrity, sometimes, a solid game that's good. Is all you need.
>>
File: CRPGG_RATED.jpg (1.05 MB, 2560x2400)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>314566010
For reference, these are currently the only titles that have suffered the exact same scrutiny.
>>
>>314567319
I don't think anything beats Tiamat and Lacuna Coil. And Shafer himself admitted that Bloodlines 1 soundtrack was the lightning in the bottle and he doubts he will be able to recatch the feel.
But at least Misoda's writing is still there, r-right?
>>
>>314568274
Wait, we did New Vegas already? Goddamn it, I missed it.
>>
File: my lost brothers.....jpg (83 KB, 750x750)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>314568785
Misoda was kicked off the project, like Avelleone. No clue if Misoda will get the same treatment as Chris - i.e they scrub all has contributions away. I think the real issue with Bloodlines 2 is that everyone has their own vision for what they think a Bloodlines Sequel should be. A conflict of vision.
>>
>>314568938
Yeah, it was the first one to test this process, actually.
>>
>>314569443
Do you have a image of all the games listed? Something like this: >>314568274
>>
>>314569761
Give me some time to clean up the ratings I did myself, and I'll upload it.
>>
File: Armored Knight 7.jpg (82 KB, 750x1045)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>314570229
Good job. Looking forward to it.
>>
File: Screenshot (34).png (1.72 MB, 1920x1080)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB PNG
This game is so good with its dialogue.
>>
File: CRPGG_INFO_WIP.jpg (3.7 MB, 2560x8800)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB JPG
>>314570229
It's to much work for a preview, just bare in mind this is not final, a lot of ratings are placeholder and not accurate.
>>
>>314569761
>>314572842
>>
File: 1603334018253.jpg (94 KB, 960x500)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>314556579
Not qt enough?
>>
File: Glory.png (105 KB, 212x278)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>314562025
No! I do call you fat and stinky because you do pollute /crpgg/ thread with your rancid bovine obesity! You do! Stupid smelly cow lard communist retard! You are a bad anon! You are!
>>
File: 1605872860611.webm (1.29 MB, 320x408)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB WEBM
One of these days. I'm going to switch genres. Action games are where it's at.
>>
>>314585617
As much as I enjoy the genre and it's isometric and RTwP roots from the golden era … honestly think outside of this mold, the future lies on something more akin to the FFVII remake.
>>
>>314562025
He obviously has some kind of disability. His behavior would be inappropriate for a normal person and a normal person would know his behavior is inappropriate, but he's been doing this for years. People with autism and other similar disorders often don't realize their behavior is inappropriate. People with autism also do the repetitive actions that he does, and would feel comfortable when saying "I love you!" countless time for years. People with autism also adhere strongly to group identity and will often insert it where it is inappropriate, such as a political party in a videogame forum. Lastly, people with autism will often lash out in socially inappropriate ways when confronted with criticism, because it's hard for them to discern nuances between someone being a bully and someone offering legitimate criticism. It actually fits pretty well. So I cut him some slack, because of how obvious his legitimate mental disorder is.
>>
File: 1604875004513.gif (280 KB, 128x128)
280 KB
280 KB GIF
>>314585987
No I mean, action games like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta.
>>
>>314586246
Funnily enough, FFVII remake isn't exactly very far from that but obviously not the same.
>>
File: Tiefling monk 2.jpg (50 KB, 776x1200)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Also speaking of Devil May Cry. I have yet to beat the fifth one on Danta Must Die mode. I kind of beat it, then went back to playing Pathfinder.
>>314586606
Never played it. I actually never played any of the final fantasy games. Didn't grow up with them.
>>
The oddities you find while doing /crpgg/ Title Cards….
>I was really enjoying the style and story of this game, but I'm not even 6 hours in and I'm already going to have to throw in the towel! I really cannot deal with Real-Time-With-Pause combat in party-based games like this.
>My first 'big' dungeon fight with a party of 4 against 6 giant spiders and I'm continually getting battered, even playing on Story Mode. I've tried all manner of settings and I just can't win, I can't combine real time action with tactical micromanagement. I guess my aging brain is not wired up that way, and I keep wishing it was turn-based

>I do not understand why people enjoy RTwP.
It's a complete immersion breaker for me.
>Why wouldn't you just have it turn based or real time.
>It's not real time because all I do is pause every five seconds to change orders to all of my characters (e.g. you enlarge Bevil, Bevil attack dwarf, main char fire arrow).
>It's not turn based, because I can't see who is playing next.
>>314586684
Neither did I, maybe one day, people always rave how some of them are pretty good like VI.
>>
File: Female Monk 4.jpg (122 KB, 1000x773)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>314587415
Yeah. Lots of my old real life friends would tell me how awesome the games were. Maybe one day in the future; I'll try them out, I guess.
>>
File: Filtered!.jpg (624 KB, 1920x1080)
624 KB
624 KB JPG
>>314587415
Also in regards to your first comment. It reminds me of this meme that we used to post a lot in the old pathfinder threads.
>>
File: 7PS78i9i5y.jpg (267 KB, 811x573)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>314587802
It will never change.
>>
File: Sorcerer 2.jpg (335 KB, 1500x832)
335 KB
335 KB JPG
>>314588083
It used to be fun to make laugh at people like that.
>>
File: er ma gawd.png (1.29 MB, 860x697)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
Why is this an option? I accidentally erased one of my high level spells and had to reload.
>>
>>314588659
There's an actual cap to how many total spells you can have per level on the spell book, or at least there was in Baldur's Gate, as far as I remember.
>>
File: Is0bel.png (168 KB, 212x278)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
>>314546352
Last I played was BG3, but I don't have time to get back to it.
>>
>>314598657
You ever think about writing guides, builds, or making videos about cRPGs? I'm sure people will think you less of a troll.
>>
>>314598846
he is clearly hard at work compiling The Tome of RPG Wives
>>
File: 1605707955794.gif (347 KB, 500x500)
347 KB
347 KB GIF
>>314599307
Okay.
>>
>>314599307
You know, if Val Anon could get me something like >>314363159 for every CRPG waifu, I could probably make something close to that >>314462062.
>>
>>314599683
Please don't.
>>
whatever happened to black geyser: couriers of darkness? did it just turn out to be bullshit?
>>
>>314599953
feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>314363159
That Fall-from-Grace?
>2003
Where the hell did you dig this up?
>>
>>314600680
We had a discussion around it and it's Greed mechanic 2 threads ago?
Last time I checked, looked *alright*.
>Nov. 13, 2020
>Black Geyser launch in early 2021
>Black Geyser will be released early next year!
>Update #39 is live on Kickstarter.
>>314600841
Stumbled upon it looking for good quality PS:T logos to vectorize for the title cards, on Google images.
>>
File: Cute Max.jpg (76 KB, 1275x1500)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>314598846
What! I am not troll I am wife scholar!
>>
>>314602739
Do you EVER break act? There is no way you have never broken act in all these years that you've been posting with us.
>>
File: Cute Lina.jpg (88 KB, 726x722)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>314602941
What! I am not actor I am wife scholar! I did play character in Chaim anon Coomtopia! I did!
>>
https://youtu.be/Ulb0pLBgRCw
>>
File: Cute Is0bel.png (1.22 MB, 1200x1200)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
>>314606117

You must think it's very odd of me
That I enjoy the act of sodomy
You might call the wrath of God on me
But if you try it, then you might agree
That you enjoy the act of sodomy...

Don't worry if you feel ashamed
It's been around for years
Thousands more that can't be named
Are interested in rears
Don't worry about Hell
No harm will come to your soul
We're not all pentacostal
But everybody's got an asshole...

Let me tell you 'bout sodomy

It might just improve your sex
A hard act to follow
The fact that fundamentalists find
Difficult to swallow
So join me as I sing
Of an activity that's fun
Open up your ring
and try it front-to-bum!
Bum-bum!
Bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum

Sodomy

SODOMY!!!
>>
>>314602941
>implying the wife scholar is not his genuine side
>and the big act is not what he's showing towards the world in his everyday life
>>
File: Cute Sierra.jpg (257 KB, 796x1150)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: Feo Ul.png (1.47 MB, 819x900)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>314608178
>>
File: Cute Yoruichi.jpg (79 KB, 600x971)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: Mommy Wifes.jpg (270 KB, 757x1000)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: 1605887655892.jpg (50 KB, 493x556)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Real talk. Does anyone here actually play video games? Besides the monk poster. I hardly see anyone post video games.
>>
>>314617126
Do you? Just last thread an Anon was posting Fallout 2 but he had a problem with his save and decided to try something else.
>>
>>314617374
No. I don't play video games. I stopped playing video games years ago.
>>
File: Wife Drink.webm (2.25 MB, 1280x720)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB WEBM
>>314617126
I do play cute wifes game anon! I do!
>>
>Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar
>600 hours of play possible in a single game
Hahaha. Has anyone here played the game that can give an approximation of it's *actual* length?
howlongtobeat only has 1 entry at 140 hours.
>>
>>314619984
Found a Codex review that spanned 80 hours, going to add another 10 on top and call it a day.
>>
File: MAGA Christ Wife.png (763 KB, 730x1000)
763 KB
763 KB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: 29837511432342.jpg (835 KB, 1500x1500)
835 KB
835 KB JPG
Can you guess what CRPG used this for their logo? You have a great eye for detail if you are.
Took me a while, but I found it! They can't fool me.
>>
File: Sequel Jaheira.png (136 KB, 210x330)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>314625925
Thank you anon! You are a good anon! I did commit error anon! I did!
>>
File: Iovara.jpg (6 KB, 179x282)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: MAGA Mugi.png (501 KB, 704x720)
501 KB
501 KB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: MAGA Holo.png (782 KB, 640x960)
782 KB
782 KB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: MAGA Mana.png (41 KB, 350x240)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
How is monk gameplay in PoE? Any fun?
>>
>>314651809
Yes, punch animations are fun
>>
File: MAGA Asuka.jpg (63 KB, 300x300)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
>>314652249
Just curious how well the wound system works, never played a class with a similar style
>>
>>314653489
Monk Anon looked like he had fun with his playthrough. Considering his Monk expertise, if he had fun, I would wager it works pretty well.
>>
File: CRPGG_NWN_TC_P.jpg (167 KB, 1280x800)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
On /crpgg/, today we have, Neverwinter Nights!
Help us rate it, if and with all the content you've played with (24H polling):
xx/10
>>
File: MAGA Monika.png (944 KB, 1250x1250)
944 KB
944 KB PNG
>>314653619
Thank you anon! You are a good anon! Give me 10 10 10 wifes anon! I am cute heterosexual human male wife scholar! I am! You are a good anon!
>>
File: MAGA K.jpg (168 KB, 818x824)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: MAGA Wifes.png (1.3 MB, 1200x848)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
>>314617126
Been playing my switch.
>>
File: MAGA Mommy.png (741 KB, 850x1020)
741 KB
741 KB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
Do I really have to do Divinity: Original Sin's title cards? I fucking hate D:OS….
>>
BOY I WISH AM GLAD THAT THE VALERIE POSTER IS BACK
BOY HE SURE IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE THREAD AND NOT JUST SHITTING IT UP
BOY WHAT A GOOD POSTER
>>
File: Cute Kagura.jpg (15 KB, 391x264)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>314666670
怒った! 悲しいか! 情けないな!
>>
>>314666096
>Divinity: Original Sin II
2.7 GB press kit…. Larian, what the fuck?!
>>
>>314667758
They want to give you that definitive view of the game. Which you can only get. By downloading a 2GB kit.
>>
>>314582664
cute
>>
>>314651809
Sounds better on paper than how it plays in practice. It's more or less fun and rather micro-heavy, but I think they don't have enough "finishing" (read: devastating one-hitter) abilities. It's hard to find that sweet spot when you can reliably take damage but don't risk death on a sudden crit.
>>
File: MAGA Wife Scholars.jpg (254 KB, 2048x1638)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>314301173
Monk anon! Bestest friend forever anon! If I am ban Monk anon for drop many redpill Monk anon I will post good strong Monk anon Comment Page Monk anon! I will! You are my bestest friend forever anon!
>>
File: MAGA Awoo Justice.png (1.43 MB, 2532x3012)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
>>314677068
because of you
im turning gay
i do not liek cute wives
>>
File: Strong Yuri.png (501 KB, 451x706)
501 KB
501 KB PNG
>>314677602
Do not worry anon it is okay anon because I am not gay anon but gay is okay anon but I am cute heterosexual human male wife scholar! I am!
>>
File: 1606015842018.jpg (45 KB, 975x556)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>314677705
You know instead of spamming the threads with useless gunk. Could you do something productive? Perhaps start a project for the community? Or anything? We don't need bumps that badly. Someone usually bumps the thread every once in a while. For instance, the last thread managed to last eight plus days. I'm only saying this because people like to complain about you, and after thinking a bit. They do have a point.
>>
There was a link posted here a couple threads ago that was to a site that was a Baldurs Gate walkthrough that was spoiler-free but still pretty in depth, I can’t remember at all what it was called but if someone could point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it
>>
>>314679309
https://www.pocketplane.net/volothamp/bgguide.htm
>>
>>314679309
If it was the one I posted, it's not a walkthrough, it's a beginners guide for people completely new to the series.
https://www.pocketplane.net/volothamp/bgguide.htm
>>
File: Friend Valdogs.jpg (219 KB, 862x575)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>314678238
What! I do bump thread for bestest friend forever Monk anon anon! I do! I do protect thread anon when I am not ban anon because I do love Monk anon forever anon! I do!
>>
>>314679501
>>314679513
Ty anons, that was it
>>
File: MAGA Hero.jpg (83 KB, 645x1024)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
File: Screenshot (49).png (1.27 MB, 1920x1080)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
Uhhh. Bros?
>>
video games SUCK
>>
File: Screenshot (50).png (1.23 MB, 1920x1080)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
BROS! AHHH!
>>
>>314680145
Anytime.
>>314684131
Is Monk Anon, pregananant?
>>
File: Screenshot (52).png (1.33 MB, 1920x1080)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>314684459
Nooo! Not like this!
>>
File: Screenshot (53).png (1.23 MB, 1920x1080)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
Man. What an exchange.
>>
File: Screenshot (54).png (1.27 MB, 1920x1080)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
O em gee. This entire expansion is an allegory about the woman's. So that's why it's called Heart of Winter. Astute observation, self!
>>
File: Screenshot (55).png (1.37 MB, 1920x1080)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
Whoa. What if Kingmaker was an allegory about the womans, and it completely flew by my head. Think about it. You got a crazy nymph who can't love; and it's up to you to make her love again. What if. These games are really just dating sims masquerading as RPGs - hence them having shit combat. Whoa.
>>
>>314685059
Bigoted, hateful and chauvinistic. Can we cancel Icewind Dale?
>>
File: Valor the Strong.jpg (97 KB, 1006x1600)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>314685738
I had to google that last word.
>chauvinistic
>feeling or displaying aggressive or exaggerated patriotism.
>displaying excessive or prejudiced support for one's own cause, group, or sex.
I think anon was referring to the second definition.
>>
File: EXRXWnUXQAAL3vD.jpg (35 KB, 600x640)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>want to romance octavia because she is qt
>but at the same time don't want to romance her because she is a walking std slut who find trash personality orcs attractive
>>
File: Cat Druid.jpg (55 KB, 736x1088)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Okay that's enough video games. I'm going to go cook. I've been playing way too much Icewind Dale. Need to take care of my basic needs.
>>
>>314686681
Must be good if you ignore hunger.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4UdwbJwbP8
Does anyone actually like open-world?
>It's the real life city recreated in the game!
Great, it's fucking empty and boring. Now you need to stare at a waypoint instead of the screen or you'll get lost because everything looks the same. Enjoy. Also
>3 dialogue options that consist of yes, no, maybe
And it doesn't even matter what you pick, if you say no, story doesn't progress until you do it anyway. Taking notes from Fallout 4 I see.
>>
File: 1606066050125.png (342 KB, 500x536)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>314301173
I hardly see the Mass Effect games discussed here. How is the series? Any good?
https://youtu.be/iUz4DP2vpB0
>>
>>314695030
Much like Dragon Age usually, only the first entry is worth considering, from what I've heard.
>>
File: Knight Female 37.jpg (850 KB, 1920x2771)
850 KB
850 KB JPG
>>314695030
Heya! I've played one, two, and three. I think the first two are the most fun. Especially the second one, mainly because of its companion quests. The third one, to me, felt short; it didn't have much content going for it. Gameplay is much more refined in the third one though. So there's that. Also, I know the games were about the whole reaper stuff. But the games were more fun when they focused on other content that wasn't about reapers. Games should have been about Shepard and friends doing random shit in the galaxy.
>>
>>314695030
The trilogy is great. Andromeda has some flaws but has some good moments too.
Some cool worldbuilding and scifi and some nice waifus and husbandos too.
>>
File: VG_CRPGG_INFO.png (1.13 MB, 3840x8800)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
I-I think I did it bros.... Turned on autismo mode this weekend and, believe this is the full list.
There's still all the ratings to take place, but the cards themselves are done.
Did miss anything? Please help.
>>
File: Drow Monk 2.jpg (72 KB, 736x1030)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>314700376
You did good anon, ya did good.
>>
>>314701686
Appreciate it. Now we just need to keep rating them.
>>314653619
NWN is on going by the way.
>>
>>314695030
Highly recommend playing the trilogy. It is one hell of a journey even if the third is controversial.
While they are all shooter adventure games their take on RPG mechanics is inconsistent across all installments.

First game got "classic" video RPG progression with vertical loot, talent trees and too high level cap.

Second game RPG mechanics are almost too scaled down but nonetheless a very enjoyable game with unparalleled story in video game history (my favorite out of the three). The looter shooter and talent tree approach they did in first one is traded for a much smaller skill tree, low level cap and more horizontal progression where equipment quantity is lower but every weapon and accessory feels unique and not just another "+4 rifle".

Third game got arguably the best balance between RPG and action mechanics but the pacing, overall polish and most importantly story is questionable. Difficult to get into the flaws without spoiling.

All playable and worth playing.
>>
File: Barbarian Woman.png (334 KB, 704x960)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
>>314702451
I didn't play Never Winter Nights. Except for the second one. So I can't share any thoughts on it.
>>
>>314653619
Content: 8/10 - Varied and you are often presented with choices. Most choices do not have long term effects due to old game tech but they allow you to take different moral and roleplaying approaches for the current situations. Rich D&D setting with lots of different creatures, items, character build options and spells. Also comes with incredibly user-friendly modding kit that allows anyone from peabrains to galaxybrains to make tangible content.

Writing: 7/10 - Original campaign is nothing very exciting, original or groundbreaking. Characters are unfortunately quite forgettable. Expansion campaigns are much better than the original in writing and characters which amp up the score. But even then the writing is far from as good as previous RPG titles.

Combat: 6/10 - rtwp combat in a smaller much less tactical scope compared to baldur's gate. You always control the one and same player character through the campaigns which severely limits your tactical creativity and variety. There are companions but they can only be given very vague commands and you can only take one companion at time which limits tactile party composition and synergy. Fundamentally combat works but it is strategically monotone and leaves a lot to be asked for. Maybe 7/10 if you go spellcaster because non-rogue martial characters can only attack.

-signed: city guard
>>
>>314692878
>Elif and Samuel just standing motionless waiting for the PC
It's 2020, how hard is it to have them do anything else besides standing around?
In Elis case, she's literally by a couch on a night club. Give her a drink and sit her the fuck down or something.
Samuel's case, just have him off screen, make PC hit the iron bars to call him and wait for him while hearing for the footsteps.
Seriously, how fucking hard is this? Small things, go so far in these games….
>stare at a waypoint
Compasses/mini-maps have been a detriment to the genre for ages but necessary for the *casuals*. If they give you the option to disable it and have accurate descriptions, which they say they do, have no real issue with it.
>It's the real life city recreated in the game!
Have to agree, from what was shown, it does look empty. Don't think I saw a single car cruising by.
>>
File: Screenshot (56).png (1.68 MB, 1920x1080)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
The power of womans compels you.
>>
File: Screenshot (57).png (1.65 MB, 1920x1080)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
AHHHH! IT'S A DRAGON! AHHH!
>>
File: Screenshot (59).png (1.47 MB, 1920x1080)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
I'm too young to die!
>>
File: Screenshot (62).png (1.25 MB, 1920x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
It transformed into a dragon. What a wacky adventure this is all turning out to be.
>>
File: Screenshot (64).png (2.6 MB, 1920x1080)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB PNG
I thought cursed items were supposed to be bad? This doesn't look much like a cursed item.
>>
File: Screenshot (65).png (1.96 MB, 1920x1080)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB PNG
Option two is best option.
>>
>>314714248
>What say you?!
Gotta love that.
>>
>>314700376
Very good job, Anon! Aside from our own Stakhanov (MonkAnon), nobody put this much work into any general-related project.

As for the list, Grimoire is the only one I'm sceptical about. Is there anybody here who played it? Not as a meme, but for real?
>>
>>314715651
Appreciate it Anon, thank you. It's not just my work though, a lot of people have been helping out with the project and hopefully will continue to do so until it's eventual end.
Grimoire is understandably a bit controversial, my idea was to have it as a segue (considering it's fairly recent) – along with Wizardry 8 and Ultima VII – to it's older contemporaries like Wizardry 1–7 and Ultima I–VI and Underworld.
>>
File: Capture.png (21 KB, 631x206)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>314716386
I put the list on the site. You're an inspiration to us all!
>>
>>314716523
You humble me once more, Monk Anon.
The true inspiration was you, has I've stated before. Don't believe I would have started anything, have I not seen you work on your own project!
It's close, but we're a long way from done here. With your and everyone's great help so far, we'll finish it!
>>
File: CRPGG_NWN_TC_P2.jpg (187 KB, 1280x800)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
12H notice to closure, time's running out!
xx/10
>>314653619
>>
File: Shy Serena.jpg (189 KB, 1418x1805)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>314718363
What! I did 10 10 10 wifes anon! I did! I am wife scholar! I am!
>>
>>314721965
But you don't even play games...
>>
File: Nathyrra.jpg (19 KB, 256x400)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>314722131
What! I do play all cute wifes game anon! I do! What!
>>
>>314724223
Name one game you've beaten.
>>
File: Cute Misuzu Misaka.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>314725364
I did beat 本番有り! 人妻デリバリーR ~どこかで見た美人妻たちと~ anon! I did!
>>
>>314726969
Why do you even post in these threads if you don't play video games.
>>
File: Succumate Lilim.jpg (107 KB, 616x353)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>314727486
What! I did post game anon! I did! I do post /crpgg/ thread because it is bestest friend forever Monk anon thread so I do bump protect Monk anon thread when I am not ban! I do! I do love Monk anon! I do!
>>
File: d2poly.png (127 KB, 275x400)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
What's a good non-melee complement to Polymorph? Hydrosophist, perhaps? I originally wanted to do something like a Polymorph-Summoner but then I remembered I'd have to play Summoner.
>>
>>314729743
Shouldn't Polymorph itself be the complement?
As strong as it is, feel like it works best with melee, rather than ranged.
The only synergy I can see, is probably with Pyrokinetic with the use of Oily Blob, but that's as weak as it gets.
>>
File: Screenshot (67).png (648 KB, 1146x480)
648 KB
648 KB PNG
Look at me. Look at me! I'm a fucking Christmas tree.
>>
File: Female Knight 53.jpg (65 KB, 736x983)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>314739482
And there's more buffs to that list! Mwahaha! MWAHAAH! I have become devourer of worlds!
>>
File: Elf Warrior 2.png (1.68 MB, 1768x2000)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
Ooga Booga! Page 8 bump.
>>
File: Screenshot (71).png (1.25 MB, 1920x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
By the gods! It's the harbinger! My end approaches! Doom!
>>
File: Screenshot (72).png (1.55 MB, 1920x1080)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
Come foul beast! I will face my destruction with dignity!
>>
File: 6th Street.jpg (592 KB, 1713x691)
592 KB
592 KB JPG
>>314747646
Monk anon! Bestest friend forever anon! If I am ban Monk anon I will post Monk anon Comment Page Monk anon! I will! You are my bestest friend forever anon!
>>
File: Female KNight 51.jpg (595 KB, 1920x2716)
595 KB
595 KB JPG
>>314748014
Oki doki anon.
>>
File: Cute Yuri.jpg (152 KB, 1280x720)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>314748270
I do love you Monk anon! I do!
>>
File: Female Knight 49.jpg (284 KB, 800x1195)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>314748325
You're a good pal too.
>>
hello rpgcodex
>>
Would it be a good idea to participate in the next /vg/ league?
>>
File: Screenshot (73).png (2.07 MB, 1920x1080)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
Jesus H Christ. What a fight.
>>
File: Screenshot (76).png (1.89 MB, 1920x1080)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
I have survived! It took me a couple of tries.
>>
>>314749982
If you are willing to be a manager, understand PEZ and can make aesthetics and if the general has enough memes then maybe.
>>
>>314752238
>If you are willing to be a manager, understand PEZ
I'm not, I'm simply throwing in the idea.
>>
File: Daena.png (547 KB, 539x740)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
>>314301173
Give me cute wifes!
>>
>>314759474
that's a nice pussy
>>
File: well.png (178 KB, 640x480)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
It makes me sad to think that after I beat the Fallouts there won't be anything as good for me to play. At least there's still New Vegas after 2. And I can replay VTMB again. Video games kind of suck when you really think about it.
>>
File: steam_2020-11-23_09-24-54.jpg (852 KB, 2255x1275)
852 KB
852 KB JPG
Greedfall is underrated. The studio that made it was new and they're practically an indie studio but they ended up with a creative game with solid gameplay and a good feel.

Dragonfall is the best of the Shadowrun trilogy. It conveys the shitty state of the world the best. The third one had the most refined gameplay and they really showed off that they learned good encounter design for the third game, but the tone and themes of the second one were absolutely kino and make it the best. These games are truly great.

Bethesda may have moved away from making true RPG's in their recent games in favor of a more "rpg-lite" approach, but they still provide the open world, customizable character, nonlinear progression, and creative worldbuilding that people know and love from them. Bethesda games occupy several spots on my list of favorite games.

Pillars isn't fun. It has a creative world and lots of the dialogue is great and there are several memorable characters, and it has many cases of interesting decisions with ramifications, and the tone that Waidwen's Legacy provides for the backdrop of the game is kino, but then you actually get to playing the videogame and it's not as fun. They tried to make their own system and it comes off as shallow and most encounters play out the same, even though there are some fun boss fights throughout the game and the expansions. The issue isn't the story or the writing, it's gameplay. The second one follows a similar trend. The themes of gods not being what you expect, mortal struggles against fate, and such things are timeless and good, but the gameplay in between the conversations is unsatisfying.

Baldur's 3 has a solid start but there isn't much to say for now. Everyone lies to you and has ulterior motives which is a good set up for a game.

I've replayed kotor 1&2 more than any other games. I love star wars and I love this style of rpg gameplay. They're my perfect game. Swtor is fun but it suffers from being an mmo.
>>
File: atomrpgwallpaper.jpg (460 KB, 1920x1080)
460 KB
460 KB JPG
>>314769816
>there won't be anything as good for me to play
>(Гoлyбыe гopoдa starts playing)

By the time you're done, Trudograd might be out of EA too. Check InEffect's guide if you want sure-fire builds, though expect minor spoilers in certain sections. Alternatively, I can summarize you the most important principles when it comes to char building.
>>
/crpgg/ finishes another one, with the help of city guard; thank you!
Been trying to avoid having the thread, and burdening Anons with no stop rating, by having a day of break between each. But I would like to finish what we have by the end of the year.
Starting tomorrow there will be a card on rotation 24/7, stay tuned.
>>314706829
>>
>>314769816
Although not the same – for obvious reasons – there's always UnderRail and Atom RPG that carry those FO1–2 vibes.
>>
>>314769816
F1 > NV > F2, imo
>>
File: Chika Election Edition.jpg (167 KB, 1280x720)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>314748325
What! I bet you aren't even the real wife scholar!
>>
>>314788652
Please don't fucking encourage him.
>>
>>314773423
>BG 3 has a solid start
You mean the exact same start, copy pasted from D:OS 2, or everything afterwards?
>Everyone lies to you and has ulterior motives which is a good set up for a game.
I admit my own bias shortcomings, as the love I have for the original saga is hard to forget, but there's no lies or ulterior motives behind my critiques.
Feel free to argue the first point of this very reply, still waiting for a coherent discussion around its justification.
>>
>>314795474
He probably meant the characters in the game lie you anon....
>>
>>314795714
Yes, he did. The point still stands and is true though, just not in context of the quote.
>>
>>314795714
>the characters in the game lie you anon
>in the game lie you anon
>the game lie you anon
That doesn't make sense at all. No matter what way I read it.
>>
>>314796206
lie to you. It's a fucking typo anon.
Why are you all so autistic today
>>
File: Tieflign Rogue 6.jpg (57 KB, 736x1051)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>314796351
Hey, don't look at me. I have an excuse! I'm autistic by nature.
>>
File: male fighter 11.jpg (76 KB, 736x1207)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Thread theme: https://youtu.be/53Il5MwC-cc
>>
File: Tactical Valerie.jpg (41 KB, 500x745)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>314796442
Don't worry anon. We know anon.
>>
2077 seems to be dipping into the rpg world, since they keep emphasizing the choices and different paths and endings and stuff, and you have the usual character progression system. It's not a traditional rpg but several of the best rpg's were not "traditional".

I'm going to play a very nice V who wants to make the world a better place. I'm not going to augment myself very much because I value the good old fashioned human form, but I am going to invest in hacking and computer entry and other netrunner type things, so I'll have some. So I guess it's the heavier combat orientated gear I'll avoid.
I'm also going to try to hold hands with the girl with the wide bangs that was in the new trailer. She seemed nice and she's hella cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCKfebVQFhU&feature=youtu.be
>>
I don't know why but I'm not really having fun with F2 anymore. Feels like it's dragging on, and apparently I'm only halfway through. Maybe I'll pick it up later.
>>314806016
Doesn't look like much of an rpg to me, but as long as it tells a good story like in Witcher 3 I'll play the shit out of it
>>
File: 2077.png (395 KB, 606x741)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
>>314806016
Is this a Blade Runner, Pris reference?
>>
>>314807892
Witcher 3 was an rpg. An rpg-lite sure, but still under the umbrella of rpg.

>>314808238
Probably. We're probably going to see a lot of blade runner, netrunner, shadowrun, cyberpunk red, etc references.
>>
>>314807892
What part did you in?
>>
File: Doom.png (398 KB, 804x570)
398 KB
398 KB PNG
>>314807892
>I'm not really having fun with F2 anymore.
Aw. What game are you going to play next?
>>
File: vic.png (5 KB, 203x37)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>314809680
New Reno, half of the content there (boxer>porn star) seems to be locked behind unarmed skill which I have no points in. I also dumped charisma so picking kamasutra master was a waste of a perk. I'm a completionist and missing so much content hurts my brain.
>>314809797
Maybe VTMB but screenshots don't really do that game justice. I could record and upload it if my computer doesn't fry. Though I'm kind of bored with games in general.
>>
>>314811448
Didn't end up using a guide?
Pretty sure, from what I remember, the boxing can be solved with minimal Unarmed.
Porn Star, I cannot recall the specifics.
>>
>>314812187
I did read the wiki a bit and it's probably what sucked out all the fun from it. I know it's doable, but 10% hit chance is really annoying. And I'm kinda in a mood for an action rpg right now.
>>
>>314813196
>Wiki is probably what sucked out all the fun from it.
Yeah understandable, that does tend to happen and has happened to me as well.
Well, was just curious, that's all. Hopefully the next one has more luck.
>>
File: armored knight 5.jpg (612 KB, 1427x1847)
612 KB
612 KB JPG
>>314813196
>I'm kinda in a mood for an action rpg right now
Try out Exanima! It's super fun.
https://youtu.be/CGjgy9B9xMs
>>
>>314814253
>Exanima
>Early Access Game
>>
>>314814253
Isn't that more of a roguelike/lite?
>>
File: Knight FEmale.jpg (177 KB, 1500x2122)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>314814563
>Isn't that more of a roguelike/lite?
No. There are two modes. The arena mode - which you see me playing in the video; and the story mode. The story mode is about you being trapped underground and have to fight your through. You encounter scary creatures, zombies, and other abhorrent creatures. There is no randomly generated content in the story mode, except for the loot. The story mode also features "classes" - which you unlock by playing the game. A magic system of sorts is also in the game; which isn't implemented in the arena mode at the moment - but is implemented in the story mode.
https://youtu.be/6q6CXKrAywM
>>
>>314815290
>but is implemented in the story mode
isn't only mind thaumaturgy in so far? and not even finished, last i checked
though tbf what was there at the time was pretty decent
an interesting take at necromancy imo
>>
>>314814476
>Exanima got released as an EA title
>GTA V came out 2 weeks before it
>Witcher 3 roughly 3 weeks after it
>5 and half years later it's still stuck in EA
>>
File: Female Tiefling.jpg (1019 KB, 1824x2180)
1019 KB
1019 KB JPG
>>314815956
Yep. The magic system hasn't fully been implemented. There are still other aspects of it that they need to implement. Still, it's pretty fun. You can mind control people, sense enemies, force enemies to be loyal to you, you can even resurrect dead allies. There's some other cool stuff I haven't discovered; however what's currently in the game is super awesome to play with.
The main appeal of the game to me. Is the combat. At first, the controls appear "clunky" and or "unintuitive". Heck. You might even die a bunch of times trying to get your bearings. Yet, once you get a hold of the controls and catch your bearings. It will all start to make sense. The "clunky" controls become easy to grasp; even fluid to use. You dodge, attack, parry, and the it's all responsive. Steel on steel sounds stunning. Steel on flesh sounds brutal. Like seriously, hitting people on the head with a giant two handed weapon is just savage. Especially if you dodge their attacks then make a huge attack with all your weight shifted into it. It is very rewarding and satisfying to get good at the game.
Here's a duel of two long sword users fighting each other:
https://youtu.be/RJhJtE5CzFw
Notice how movement is key.
Anyway it's a good game. I enjoy it a bunch. They're working on an update for the game. No clue when that will release.
>>
>>314817052
God, it's even worse than I thought.
>>
File: Female Fighter.jpg (369 KB, 1920x2188)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
Here's me fighting a heavy armored user with a lead pipe and no armor. This game facilitates that kind of playstyle - which is why I love it so much.
https://youtu.be/yC5KRQ47InQ

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.