[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1587837958197.gif (3.42 MB, 472x424)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB GIF
Posts unrelated to game development are shitposting and should be reported and ignored

> Demo Day
Next: https://itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-33
Recent: https://itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-32

> AGDG jam
CURRENT: itch.io/jam/agdg-inflation-jam-2023
Previously: itch.io/jam/agdg-halloween-jam-2019

> Helpful links
New Threads: >>>/vg/agdg
Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Steam Games: homph.com/steam
Weekly Recap: recap.agdg.io
Fanart and stuff: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6j4pcv3V-vfb3hKSlhRRzlLbFE
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627

Previous Thread: >>297437482
Previous Demo Days: pastebin.com/M8xVhUQu
Previous Jams: pastebin.com/ZNPSfbJ9

> Engines
pastebin.com/VvFKuXf7

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
>>
>tfw you will never be able to solo dev a science based dragon MMORPG
>>
>>297564578
she's my friend DO NOT bully her
>>
File: Lore run shot .gif (30 KB, 366x232)
30 KB
30 KB GIF
working assets solo. pixelart is so under appreciated now days.
>>
Exquisite thumbnail op. This truly is a blessed thread. How wonderful.
>>
File: 1561187562775.jpg (12 KB, 300x300)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
how does it feel knowing your game will never be successful because you post your progress on a site as racist as 4chan and will forever be associated as such?
>>
File: 1567076778480.png (461 KB, 833x630)
461 KB
461 KB PNG
you ever have those times where you try to make progress all day but can't only to get in a lot of work done during the last 2 hours
>>
File: 20064.png (1.22 MB, 1920x2278)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
June 2020, week 4
recap.agdg.io/view?20064

+97 :: 1 entry :: Underspace
+19 :: 1 entry :: BnB
+1 :: 1 entry :: Grow Planet

Returning:
Grow Planet
>>
I love Frufi. Yay!
>>
> You don’t really hate global state until you’ve had to grep a million lines of code at three in the morning trying to find the one errant call that’s setting a static variable to the wrong value.
IDElets LMAO
>>
File: lore6.png (77 KB, 1221x833)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>
File: wheymen4.26.webm (2.48 MB, 1920x1080)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB WEBM
Anyone know anything about node.js server design? I've never done js before but I have to make a central server for server browsing so we can fucking play the game
>>
File: GA_Jump.png (254 KB, 830x941)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
kind of understand gas now, and just created a jump that doesn't handle like ass
>>
File: indiegfs.jpg (150 KB, 980x485)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
Eek! Im starting to wonder if gamedeving is really the right way to go...
>>
>>297565417
World of Horror made it :)
>>
>>297567845
its not haha give up
>>
>>297564771
This is pretty decent. Enjoy never finishing your game.
>>
https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/RyanJuckett/20161208/287162/Rollback_Networking_in_INVERSUS.php
You do maintain an overall "game state", don't you anon?
>>
>>297565417

ROR made it
>>
>>297567264
Not node.js specifically, but I set up a server with Heroku. Super easy.

It’s free web estate.
>>
>>297569362
care to share any more info? ill look into it
>>
How hard is it to pick up blender as a total newbie? Not making characters just simple props.
>>
>>297569618
six hards for props
>>
>>297564630
story time?
>>
>>297564771
i prefer pixelart games over 3d ybh
>>
>>297569618
Not too hard, it's mostly trying to remember the damn hotkeys
>>
>>297565754
>recap is finally back
>barely anyone using it
>>
How to make an immersive sim work with two characters, companion AI would be too hard to implement, fixed NPC would go against the genre, both would go against the genre.
I could go the Dishonored 2 way but it might not work story wise, unless...
Any tips?
>>
>>297571352
Floating hover buddy
>>
>>297571428
It'd work in another project, both are humans, I could divide a level by two or just alternate them, which seems like it would be the logical choice.
>>
File: LORELEI-SHOOTING.gif (42 KB, 215x215)
42 KB
42 KB GIF
>>297568232
this is an old version
>>
just practicing
>>
File: Shiba Inu dog.jpg (41 KB, 653x435)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>
I don't really get the appeal of sticking with agdg for a long time like some have.
All we have is a bunch of nodevs, and the actual devs are usually unskilled and untalented, which is fine on its own mind you as this as amateur is in the name, but they all seem so obsessed with acting authoritative about things that they will be willing to come with completely unrelated information and explain it to you like you needed a lesson in it.
Or they will just be straight up wrong yet keep shoving their gospel down peoples throats.

This place is barely even a community, god it's depressing
>>
>>297569471
Heroku is a software platform/hosting service. My impression of it is ”AWS for kids”. All I had to do was link it to my git repo and it automatically detected the language/framework of my app and configured the server for me and now it’s running on their cloud, accessible via public internet. It probably has the same automatic support for node.js too.

Also they have a decent free plan, you can basically run a single app as much as you want, but it goes to sleep if nobody uses it and takes 30 seconds to wake back up. Good enough to get started.

So, if you’ve never done a REST server before then the actual server code will be the larger task. But if all you need is a server browser then I guess you can just do one simple CRUD endpoint and store everything in memory.
>>
>>297571352
Controlling two characters is not immersive.
>>
>>297574254
What are some better alternatives?
>>
>>297574517
Yeah, unless you dedicate different playthroughs it can't be done, I'll remove one character from this project then.
>>
>>297574254
you should not visit agdg for a "community".
agdg is ONLY for receiving feedback about your game.
the toxic nature of this general is prone to demotivating you unless you're already a driven person.
>>
>>297574254
i don't post progress because it's too much extra effort. i don't know why anybody cares about anyone.
>>
my mother told me today that my little sister has changed her name to Alex
>>
>>297575351
finna boku, bros..
>>
any good resources for proper ui design in unity? I want my elements to scale properly and work on more than 1 resolution.
>>
Do you think I could rip the animations from eg Mass Effect 2 and get away with it?
>>
>>297574785
It's been a while since I visited. everyone has gone full on demotivated and sour. there were a couple tired people here and there but you could check out some cool stuff here and there, but its all dried and shriveled up.

guess I'll try my luck somewhere else.
>>
>>297576104
if you can do that, you know what to do and don't already.
>>
post dev music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ0tuEmBH9k
>>
>>297565417
ever heard of Minecraft and Notch you retard?
>>
>>297565754
>recap is finally back
wtf
>>
>>297574743
You could theoretically have different missions per character. Or choose which character to take on each mission. But that’s just scope bloat. It means doubling all playtesting. I would finish a game first and save it for the sequel.

You can consider ”remote buddies” though. See: Navi in Zelda, codec in MGS.
>>
In an ECS architecture, Entities are thin. Just an id and a Components list. Cool, got it.

Are Components also thin? Basically just an id? So instead of my PositionComponent storing an x and y field, the PositionManager/Controller/System stores the mapping between each PositionComponent and its x,y values? And my HealthManager knows the current and max health of each HealthComponent, and so on.

What about components that mutate other components? Say, HealthRegenComponent. That doesn’t have a reference to a HealthComponent, right? Rather, when the HealthManager gets a list of Entities from the EntityManager, it gets each Entity’s HealthComponent and HealthRegenComponent coupled together? Okay, that’s starting to make sense.

What about interactions between Managers/Systems? Like the attack/damage system needs to tell something to reduce health and kill 0 health entities and remove dead entities from the level... or do they just add a ”IsDeadComponent” to the entity which is then handled by another manager downstream...

Ok enough questions, I’m gonna go read up now
>>
>>297578289
in all the ECS-likes i've designed, components are typically just data, at the minimum they could just be a flag (e.g. an "isOnFire" component), or at most they are a whole data structure that's looped thorugh in an system, or something. I've sort of moved past ECS though, and I never really tried to follow the architecture strictly, so I'm not sure if my uses were deviant there or not
>>
>>297576519
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1mUiAjHzAI
>>
File: ron gets bullied.png (129 KB, 1896x958)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
So why were the Godot developers so butthurt? What did he do to them to make this happen?
>>
>>297575351
That's not him, right?
>>
File: 1574339532423.png (126 KB, 480x360)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
>>297579915
>yo akien come show big bro Juan how you destroyed that mentally deranged platformer guy
Yikes ron really got under their skin
>>
File: 1477438727005.gif (60 KB, 425x414)
60 KB
60 KB GIF
>>297579915
>social interactions are hard
*plugs game*
>>
File: 1579338112206s.jpg (2 KB, 125x125)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>297575351
that boy ain't right
>>
how do i render shit?
>>
Wagwan hear me now
Do you guys think godot is easier than unity?
I am currently using unity happily, but i also wouldnt mind trying something new.
>>
File: test110011.png (1.03 MB, 1284x722)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>
If I want an enemy to break apart in several parts when it dies, and I don't mind the parts always being the same, the easiest way to implement that would be for the mesh to actually be divided into parts from the get go, although it wouldn't be visible for the player, and then when it dies I just de-attach them, right?
>>
>>297564164
its insane how much fucking time i lose everytime windows 10 wants to install a new update. then i have to reinstall Fl studio, photoshop, unity, among some other "larger" programs that install certain files on my windows drive. then i have to fix all these retarded microsoft settings inside the registry and elsewhere. fucking shit what a massive waste of time.

i dont even know what the fuck is wrong anymore. every month or so windows needs to install some fucking retarded update and it downloads the update then before installing after reboot it just hangs for 2 seconds and then im locked out of my PC .
>>
The satisfaction of developing a gameplay system with tunable parameters, wrapping it up and finally applying RNG to it and seeing its gameplay value skyrocket is incredible
>>
>>297584395
depends on your definition of "easier". what kind of game are you making?

godot will be better for a 2D game made with GDScript.
>>
>the mobile market is oversaturated by now bro, no point in trying anymore
thank god I didn't listen to this defeatist bullshit and can now laugh at it in hindsight.
for any hobbyists and small-time devs, the mobile market is completely viable. it has its own culture with upsides and downsides. the major upside that anyone should tap into is the potential of meme and trend games
>>
>>297587265
i make both 2d and 3d games. they are fairly small scale
>>
>>297587265
>godot is better than Unity for 2D
Why is this such a popular meme when it is objectively wrong? The strengths of Unity for 3D are the same as for 2D.
>>
>>297587452
Godot can do small scale 3D, you can use GDScript with 3D too which makes things easier.
>>
File: 1591429844516.jpg (171 KB, 1081x1636)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
How do you make webms?

inb4 just download this random shit called WebMConverter
>>
>>297587582
active presenter
>>
>>297587465
Godot cant even come close to anything Unity can do for 3D.
2D engine development is easier and simpler, so if Godot has a chance it is for 2D, a notorious weak point of Unity and Unreal.
However the incompetent Godot developers are, just like Unity, obsessed with putting all their work in to 3D. Which makes sense for Unity, a professional company with 3000 employees who has world dominance in software, education, games, and is always on the cutting edge of every platform - including TESLA cars and VR. They are ALWAYS the first, which is their marketing strategy and an effective way to create and maintain dominance against competition.
Godot is this new underdeveloped underdog whose benevolent dictator decides to compete with Unity, but with no employees vs their 2000+, no money vs their hundreds of millions, etc. Godot cannot possibly keep up with Unity but Juan's business strategy is to outpace them. Hence why he isnt very bright.

What would have been good for Godot to get its foothold in the industry, would be to actually put forth effort developing the engine in parity with this "better for 2D" meme. Underdogs and small software business is only effective competing against the big boys when it is hyper-focused on a niche. Small businesses can compete when they take that niche and focus all their effort on it while the big business neglects that area.

Instead? Nope! Godot is forever a joke. The first FOSS or even professional 2D engine to actually be good will make Godot irrelevant. Right now Godot is just some weird linux meme. And linux is a joke in the games industry as well, except as part of a Window/Mac/mobile game's hardware.
>>
File: skull girls.png (49 KB, 609x625)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
Reminder if you ever make it, never EVER interact with women
>>
>>297587582
how do I achieve that figure?
>>
>>297588341
>acts like a slut
>gets treated like a slut
???
>>
>>297588341
>https://imgur.com/a/EAHadqu
this is just cringy autist flirting, not even worth cancelling over
>>
Forgot my nametag
>>
>>297579915
>shilling your twitter account on agdg
This is cringe as fuck. Why is ronnie trying his hardest to become a lolcow?
>>
>>297588654
exactly
100% autism but she's a giga thot for giving him shit for that. act like a slut, get treated like a slut, it's that simple
>>
>>297588724
4 of my nicknames are already lolcows and no one knows my real name, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>297588654
>>297588758
Hiding discomfort is A VALID DEFENSE MECHANISM WHEN DEALING WITH PEOPLE WITH POWER AND INFLUENCE, YOU SYCOPHANTIC PARASITE. Do you just get a perverse pleasure in tearing other people down? Does who's right and who's wrong matter less to you than who's Hot and who's Not?
>>
>>297588654
god mikeZ is so fucking autistic ... you can tell he spends way too much time thinking of what to reply jesus what cringe
>>
>>297588370
by gamedevving in source. Have you seen Gaben?
>>
File: 1593305252579.png (314 KB, 638x359)
314 KB
314 KB PNG
If I use a model that's CC SA, does my game have to be share-alike?
>>
>>297588724
>someone posted that meme image about me, so it just be me
I really dont get this. Are low IQ anons this easily fooled? I imagine someone could post a single image then say anything they want and some of you retards would be like
>OMG IT IS HIM
Then again some of you retards actually thought Eric Barone visited this place when someone took an older eric image and added a blue filter and say "It is me!"
>>
File: yandere gun 2020.png (396 KB, 530x497)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
>mikeZ getting cancelled
is yandev getting the last laugh after all this time?
>>
>>297588941
Yandev was cancelled ages ago, even his fans make fun of him now
>>
>>297588091
>would be to actually put forth effort developing the engine in parity with this "better for 2D" meme.
Can't do it unless there actually exist suggestions to make it "better for 2D".

The reason for this is that Godot is already good.
>>
>>297588863
take your pills
>>
>>297588985
>even his fans make fun of him now
I thought you get instabanned on the discord and subreddit for even mentioning any criticism of him?
>>
>>297588934
Sure Ronny. Someone else cares enough to seek out screenshots of people talking about you, archive them, and post them on 4chan. Whatever you say.
>>
>>297588341
>Combo Queens
That's gonna be a yikes from me
>>
File: 06-Lupin-gang-and-Conan.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
Would you guys play a game if it had conflicting artstyles/models if it was part of the story, or would you just drop it because of the juxtaposition would feel too offputting?
>>
>the validation comment was very uncomfortable and demeaning
So this guy tried to SJW-flirt with some creepy BDSM weirdo who uses sex to become popular on streaming...and that got him canceled?

Am I reading this correct so far? That he is just some nerd flirting awkwardly asking nerd awkward questions, and she keeps talking to him so he keeps doing it, until he tries to be all SJW extra sensitive nice or whatever cringe, and she gets triggered bc he is SJW treating her special for being a discriminated gender in an overly masculine scene (Fighting Games) and she is then freaking out bc he did a SJW move where he is all like
>lol I am against sexism you know? Btw you're kindofbhot I like you teeeeheeeeeee wait was that impolite? Sorry I confirm to SJW standards amd dont know how to act when I'm desperate and horny
Is that about right so far? Still reading...
>>
>>297588863
>indie game developer
>power and influence
>>
>>297589508
Basically. Asking if she uses streaming for validation is demeaning because it suggests there has to be an agenda rather than her being a normal person who does it for fun. It's insensitive but an easy mistake for an autist to make.
The only part where he really crossed the line imo was mentioning "humans with penises". She hadn't been coming onto him at all in the discussion and that's way too sexual of a comment to make unprovoked
>>
>>297589774
>She hadn't been coming onto him at all in the discussion and that's way too sexual of a comment to make unprovoked
she literally started the fucking conversation with "Thank you for making a game where there is BDSM yuri"
she's the one who turned it sexual right from the start and you're an idiot for defending her
>>
File: 1587091646535.png (291 KB, 600x512)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>297589508
Okay so those last two lines are super duper cringe. He almost straight up asked her to marry him.
However how is this even a thing? You cant get canceled for flirting with someone. That is what normal people do every day. It was cringey but not creepy and there is no such thing as getting triggered bc some young guy flirted with you when you were also a young adult.

Awkwardness and Flirtation is cringe, not assault or rape.
>>
>>297589853
>>>297589774
>>She hadn't been coming onto him at all in the discussion and that's way too sexual of a comment to make unprovoked
>she literally started the fucking conversation with "Thank you for making a game where there is BDSM yuri"
>she's the one who turned it sexual right from the start and you're an idiot for defending her
This. You cant start off a convo with
>thank you for the yuri BDSM I fapped to this morning
Then scream rape when someone uses an awkward way to say "Men".
>>
>>297589853
oh yeah, lol whoops I forgot
but a girl telling someone they like their lesbian characters isn't exactly a go-ahead for a guy to try to get in with her
>>
File: 1593513150973.gif (2.56 MB, 480x270)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB GIF
Does anyone have examples of 3D games that use model transformation outside of purely cinematic purposes? I feel like there's very few notable examples that don't just use something to obfuscate a model swap instead of a visible gradual change, so I'm thinking it could be used to make an indie game stand out.
>>
>>297590007
sonic all stars racing transformed
>>
>>297589976
Since when do you need a go-ahead to make a move on somebody? Do you also call the police when a dude approaches a girl he doesn't know in public?
Literally all you have to do as a girl in that position is say "not interested, thanks" and move on with your life. Quit being a bitch.
>>
>>297590116
That game was the shit, shame the boat and airplane sections weren't as good as the regular driving, but I feel like the diversity of gameplay added to the experience regardless
>>
>>297590472
The best Mario Kart game imo.
>>
>>297590757
The only thing that bothered me with it was gravity seemed to be directly tied to your velocity. In some tracks like a jet set one, it was possible to fail a jump and land straight into a wall, but it would take forever to fall enough to respawn unless you turned midair so you could still be going forward
>>
>>297590937
unironically based and true
>>
>>297590007
do i have to google it for you?
>>
>>297588654
this physically hurts to read lmfao
>>
>>297590937
LOL okay bigshot then what do you do when she changes her mind and goes to MeToo you for revenge? All your hyper aggressive sexuality will just condemn you faster.
>>
>>297591218
>what do you do when she changes her mind and goes to MeToo you for revenge
Laugh
>>
>>297591218
That's easy for a chad. You just post the long text chain where she's begging to get with you. If not enough you follow it up with text chains where she's talking about how wet she is and how much she loved fucking you. You did make her orgasm, right?
>>
>>297588863
>PEOPLE WITH POWER AND INFLUENCE
you mean women who can cancel people at the drop of a hat
>>
File: yeah.jpg (48 KB, 622x615)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>tfw ron is actually some chad who got some virgin IGF judge to kill himself and triggered the Godot dev team to obsess about him
I havent ever seen a chad who got in the heads of both women AND straight men.
>>
>>297592426
The alpha chad fucks everyone.
>>
File: 1587908724305s.jpg (6 KB, 238x212)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>297592426
You dont fuck your enemies?
>>
So is there any way to subscribe to just the parts of /agdg/ where to talk about making games? No?

Well shame on me for thinking a /vg/ thread was better than this.
>>
>>297593041
Here you go buddy
https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/
>>
>>297593041
> just the parts of /agdg/ where to talk about making games?
What parts?
>>
>>297589108
The engine seems to trigger the hell out of schizos.
>>
>>297594834
but godot trannies are schizos
>>
>>297594834
>the failure engine going nowhere with 0 games makes real developers angry!
Is this some kind of linux cope?
>>
>>297594995
https://itch.io/games/made-with-godot
seethe more
>>
>>297595053
In fairness, there hasn't been a Godot game that's actually had some presence. Not yet at least.
>>
>>297595139
seethe more
>>
>>297595278
Settle down you spaz, I'm not that anon, and I want to see Godot actually become something worthwhile. The idea of a game engine with no bullshit attached to it like the others is pretty appealing.
Though there seem to be more and more open source engines cropping up nowadays.
>>
>>297595384
Has nothing t o do with the engine and everything to do with the gamedevs. Godot is more than capable of making games. Trying to cope and say "b-b-bb-but POPULARITY" is just a cop out and has nothing to do with the engine.
>>
>>297595384
>game engine with no bullshit attached
except you have to wash nigger feet and worship trannies if you use godot
>>
>>297595543
/r/the_donald refugee? You aren't welcomed here.
>>
File: 1476701776780.jpg (21 KB, 427x427)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>297595517
I'm not gonna argue that. I'm considering using the engine myself as there's a few things that seem nice about it, like setting up inputs and shit like that. The animation system seems cool as fuck too.
The only Godot game I've played was that Bottomless game on Itch.io, which was pretty neat, though the controls were a bit shit and the game sometimes threw a tantrum over the rope gun, that might be on the dev rather than the engine itself. I know that one Corgi shooter dev used to post here and quietly left because this place is retarded.

Though there's also that one anon here making that overhead knight action game that looks pretty fun. I still keep tabs on placeholder dev too, that guy seems to mainly post his progress away from here nowadays too.
>>
>>297595639
you are free to stay on reddit, schizo
>>
>>297595940
kill yourself /pol/tard
>>
File: 1585911688397.gif (37 KB, 600x502)
37 KB
37 KB GIF
networked multiplayer is too hard i give up, making game state completely deterministic and serializable is a huge time commitment that increases development time more than i can justify as a 1ma
couch co-op is still a selling point right?
>>
>>297588654
I'm pretty sure in my country it's illegal to share conversation details without the consent of all the parties involved in said conversation (other than your own messages, of course).
Does it not work like that in the US? I keep seeing people posting conversations like it's nothing.
>>
>>297596515
It's not really worth it by yourself, Just make a singleplayer game. I once worked a few months on a multiplayer game to only have my shit handed to me with the lag correction. So I scrapped everything and just started making a single player game again.
>>
>>297576197
>guess I'll try my luck somewhere else.
where though? I'm not interested on a Discord and posting on Reddit is a waste of time, just with a smile.
>>
File: bonk.webm (1.96 MB, 960x540)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB WEBM
a pvp map with portal events
>>
File: see.webm (1.98 MB, 960x540)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB WEBM
>>297597475
Also, seesaw platforms.
>>
>>297578289
>Are Components also thin? Basically just an id?
No, you want to be able to iterate over components directly, having to jump through another pointer would kill the nice cache locality you get with ECS.
>That doesn’t have a reference to a HealthComponent, right?
Correct, just the entity ID if anything. You can't really have references to components.
>What about interactions between Managers/Systems? Like the attack/damage system needs to tell something to reduce health and kill 0 health entities and remove dead entities from the level... or do they just add a ”IsDeadComponent” to the entity which is then handled by another manager downstream...
Generally you want to do all your adding/removing entities at once, adding dead entities to a list that I handle after a system is run is usually what I do
>>
>demo day less that three days away
can't wait anons
>>
File: 1561853908417.jpg (152 KB, 515x787)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>haven't really touched my game in a month
>>
>>297598435
I'm not going to touch my game until a bit after demo day to get my concentration back at deving
>>
File: github.com.png (11 KB, 690x66)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>297589108
>The reason for this is that Godot is already good.
Reminder that even saving is bugged in Godot.
>>
>>297599163
It's not even the original image, dude. It's not going to meme.
>>
>Pokemon game but the monsters are waifus
That's a million dollar idea, you're welcome
t. Ideas guy
>>
>>297588341
FGC whores are somehow even worse than the average gamer girl. Not sure how they do it. Her stickied tweet is literally just tits.
>>
>>297600382
You mean
>Touhoumon but without the Touhous

You might be on to something here.
>>
how do I draw loli?
I might try and make a gatch like pokeman game but it is more like mianline smt
>>
>>297601109
>mainline smt with lolis
i can't give you advice but i wish you the best of luck
>>
File: angewomon.png (2.43 MB, 1200x1600)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB PNG
>>297600382
>>
File: 1593252641743.jpg (47 KB, 495x619)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Is 3d character animation just too hard?
Im trying to make a meelee-sword fighter animations and while some things I am able to get right, like editing the curves for smoothness, but overall it looks smooth but rather stiff

some animations are easier to do like running cycles are not that hard, but a simple sword swing is quite difficult especially if I also want the ccharacter to move forward a bit

is it worth it to pursue a 3d human character animations as a indie developer (i am 2 guys team the othe guy writes code)
ive been thinking of making a robot character that would be easier to do animations for him
i do not want the animations to look armateur le unity 3d project
>>
Eric Barone? Try Eric Maricone
>>
>>297601853
Since the start of 3d animation, nerds have been filming themselves swinging sticks.
Go on.
>>
>>297600382
You just described most mobile gacha games
>>
>>297600382
yfw even pokemon has already done that
>>
dev twitter rule #1 don't talk to girls trough dms.
>>
90% of the people here are dumb weeb coomer trash who will never amount to anything resembling success.
>>
>>297603919
holy shit? 10% success rate!?
that's even better than shitty day jobs where the boss takes all the profits and you will never amount to anything :)
fuck capitalism.
>>
>>297604112
Based.
>>
>>297603892
i already did. But shes japanese.
>>
>>297604720
sorry, forgot to add that this rule only applies if the girl is from the west.
honestly feeling sad for mikez, he is a god tier programmer but he is autistic...
maybe he is autistic because he is a good programmer? or maybe he is a good programmer because he is autistic.
>>
give me small game idea
>>
>>297605265
button clicker
>>
>>297605265
Just make something mundane with a really cool aesthetic and a comfy world.
you could make literally a shitty fishing minigame and put good shaders and crappy lowpoly models combined with good characters with tons of dialogue to make people stay for a while.

Literally just take a hypster hobby, and build a game around it with a nice atmosphere
>>
>>297604720
彼女は何を言ったの?
>>
>>297605265
tetris, but backwards where you have to match the pattern to existing blocks and send them back up to the top of the screen
>>
>>297603919
i like those odds
>>
>>297605870
i used google translate to talk to her LMAO
she replied in semi broken english but i understood what she said
>>
>>297606024
that's pretty cool. I've gotten messages from japanese spambots but that's not really the same thing at all. I kinda want to get my game translated to jp just so I could maybe have a fangirl, even if it's only one.

do you actually have a game or was this just your personal/non-dev account?
>>
File: early hammer.webm (692 KB, 720x360)
692 KB
692 KB WEBM
Feeling pretty good how this is coming along so far. Though I fucked up with that top handle part poking out of the hammer head not being in the other frames.
>>
>>297606503
artist. I pmed her to ask for her permission to make her art into a game
i dipped out because of autism never pmed her again and abandoned my twitter. I still want to kill myself whenever i remember it.
>>
File: 1522032991432.jpg (28 KB, 419x420)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>297606793
>>
>>297606783
what's the actual plan for environments and enemies?
>>
>>297606783
that hammer looks fun and has potential
>>
can you make a good arpg by yourself?

does anyone know how many people made PoE?
>>
>>297605265
pong but with a twist
>>
>>297607007
Can't touch either for this project. This is just a mini mod I'm doing for a collaborative thing.
>>
>start my game
>computer fan starts going crazy
oh man that Unity editor haha, right?...
>>
Greeting, Developers and Jannies.
Any news on Crumble?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUMjxnKzUlQ
>>
File: IMG_20200619_085424.jpg (49 KB, 461x438)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Coding is the easiest part of gamedev
>>
>loop through platforms
>check AABB between platforms and player (use player's position + horizontal velocity)
>if so, set horizontal velocity to 0
>repeat with vertical velocity

This causes the player to sometimes get stuck when moving horizontally. I guess he's colliding with the platform that he's standing on top of, and so it's preventing him from moving horizontally. Wat do?
>>
im super close to quitting my real job. gonna build a few clones of my favorite games in godot first.
>>
>>297608661
t. making basic bitch game mechanics
>>
>>297608661
coding is easy, making good software is hard
>>
>>297608661
if it's easy then where's your game with programer art?
>>
>>297604720
>japanese
You're becoming a true yesdev
>>
>>297608916
Push him out of the collider?
>>
>>297590937
>indian
>chad
Pick one. No chad ever has visited this board and even more importantly didn't have to constantly inflate his own ego posting the same images from 10 years ago when senpai notced him.
>>
File: 1583188577485.gif (90 KB, 220x220)
90 KB
90 KB GIF
>If you sell 100 000 of a game @ 15USD a piece on steam you can retire
>>
>>297610193
or you can set up your own storefront like Notch did and make more money
it's not like Steam is worth it for the advertising anymore and the people who won't download your game because it's not on steam don't play indie games anyway
>>
>>297610193
if
>>
>>297593334
That subreddit is so shit it's not even funny.
>>
File: WOH_Screenshot_2.jpg (430 KB, 1400x1400)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
>>297610193
Yeah, that's why World of Horror dev is filthy rich now
>>
File: 1583054628431.webm (87 KB, 376x318)
87 KB
87 KB WEBM
>>297610393
have numbers?
>>
https://twitter.com/reduzio/status/1277982294993539072

16,000 new game developers are using Godot PER DAY
>>
>>297607159
Not really feasible, ARPGs are very content heavy.
>>
File: 1593052911568.gif (465 KB, 105x140)
465 KB
465 KB GIF
Reminder that if you don't use a custom engine, you're never gonna make it. Seethe all you want at this post, but it's the truth.
>>
>>>/int/126013681

>agdg devs are worries about making money
>cris is worried civilization may collapse in next century
>>
>>297609842
maybe it's just the angle but she looks a lil chubby there
still hurts tho
>>
>>297610537
>and still 0 games
lul
>>
File: brain problems.jpg (66 KB, 530x607)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>2 days to demo day
>demo still not done
>>
It's funny that people talk shit about agdg when the reality is that agdg has outputted a pretty good amount of popular games, despite the constant shitposting. Wonder why that is?
>>
>>297611120
Being le epic self hating contrarian is cool to some
>>
File: Reynad.jpg (1.77 MB, 4089x2623)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
>>297610537
What's special about this engine?

Does it have a host of desired features and some that UE4/Unity don't or it is just babby's first engine no programming required as the reason for its popularity?
>>
>>297611120
agdg is the best general on 4chan when all of the spammers and namefags are asleep, but becomes the worst general when they wake up
>>
File: tilemap_collision.png (26 KB, 754x668)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>297608916
I had the same problem long time ago when I was doing a platformer. Sadly i don't remember what the exact solution was but i remember i found solution online and it worked. My code is in the image, maybe you can figure out what to change in your code from it. I remember it was something related to the order of the loops. Good luck.
>>
>>297611120
I'm gonna give you a bit of insight that you desperately need:

Most of those people used /agdg/ as a pitstop on their way to success. There are a few talented individuals still here to be sure, and always will be as its a revolving door, but most of those people who have made the games you're signaling to have left.

The same can be said of /ic/. So make no mistake, most posters here are still worthless weeb coomers.
>>
>>297611257
yup bunch of basedboys really like it open-source
>>
>dad lost job
yay, guess my gamedev career is over lads, time to get a job and work full time and not be able to work on my hobby anymore.
>>
>>297612105
fuck I am worried about this happening to me and my dad.
Hope everything goes well with you
>>
>>297612203
yeah, no.
he got a DUI so I guess he is not going to get a new job that easily. guess I should just drop from college and go to a code camp for couple of months and get a job because I wont be able to afford college anymore and I dont want to fall for the debt jew.
>>
File: 1465134223346.png (1.47 MB, 1688x2000)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>dad became my game
am i a yesdev if i make nothing but mindgames of the people around me?
>>
File: collision.png (50 KB, 1043x653)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>297611373
I'm doing it a bit differently. I'm using a single function, but I'm calling it twice (the AABB function is just an ordinary rectangle collision check function)
>>
File: 1571101939961.png (256 KB, 717x537)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
>>
>>297608916
bruh that's why you use directional collision
>>
>>297612417
You are still contained in a piece of meat like everyone else. Make a cool video game like Crumble to be a cool yesdev.
>>
File: 1477426191639.gif (417 KB, 180x182)
417 KB
417 KB GIF
>>297614193
DON'T YOU FUCKING REPLY TO MY POST YOU FUCKING NODEV ROACH
>>
>>297613856
>>297612519
I think the problem is that if the player lands on top of a platform (top left code in my pic), it sets his Y velocity to 0, so in the next frame, the Y velocity + the position cause him to NOT be colliding, so then I add gravity to his Y velocity. In the next frame, he'll be colliding, and then it repeats. Lines 37 and 50 keep alternating every frame.
>>
>>297614645
Sorry, line 42, not 37.
>>
>>297595384
Anon is waiting for Godot
>>
File: 1592414018324.png (77 KB, 935x1032)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>297608484
>>297614193h
Go back to plebbit, blue onahole shiller
>>
File: output.webm (1.57 MB, 1010x596)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB WEBM
You can open windows now.
>>
>>297617156
Neat button mechanics.

What about a line drawn between the button and the window, so you know they interact with one another? You can then colour the line depending on if it's active or not
>>
holy shit the retards making a game over at /g/ make even cris look semi competent
>>
>>297611120
Which ones? Tbh the only ones I can remember are RoR, lethal league, spaceman sparkles. And the failed bunny cube game that afaik never came out.
>>
>>297617687
Hmm... hat in time, was that one?

And what happened to the bassoon crocodile music game demo?
>>
File: A1_1_16.gif (7 KB, 105x135)
7 KB
7 KB GIF
>>297617343
>What about a line drawn between the button and the window, so you know they interact with one another?
They don't. The button does nothing yet. I press E to open and close the window and when jumping up to get to the button I can press E to press or unpress it, or I can shoot it to press it (but not unpress it).
>>
File: 1528860116070.png (225 KB, 600x600)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
https://waifulabs.com/
>>
>>297617156
now add curtains and add the option to draw the curtains
>>
File: 1581846829105.png (285 KB, 400x400)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>297618082
cuteee
>>
>>297619151
>heterochromia
>usa flag colors
yike
>>
File: 1332455788897.png (260 KB, 467x506)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>297614645
>>297612519
Fixed it.
Turns out my AABB function was taking in ints, not floats.
>>
I'm not sure this is the best place to find good game programmers, but I'm refactoring some of the old garbage code in my game, and I'm wondering if anyone has a good structure to suggest for checking effects with a specific event parameter.

To give an example, my damage is calculated by creating a class instance of "DamageEvent" that does all sorts of calculations, then runs

targetUnit.CheckTriggers(this, EventTypes.DAMAGE)

basically sending the event itself to the relevant unit to check and modify, with an enum marking it as a damage event. This is good so far, since it lets me easily add up damage and do all sorts of other shenanigans, but what is tough for me is writing well-scaling structure within the unit and its abilities to modify the event if it is relevant. What I've had in the past is something like this

in the unit itself:

foreach (SpecialAbility specialAbility in specialAbilities)
{
specialAbility .CheckTrigger(combatEvent, combatEventType)
}

and the ability class

public override void CheckTrigger(CombatEvent combatEvent, CombatEventTypes combatEventType)
{
if (combatEventType == EventTypes.DAMAGE)
{
combatEvent.AddedDamage += 10;
}
}

this works and scales pretty well, but it looks kinda goofy to me and i'm not sure how performant it is. some of these checktriggers are run by the AI when calculating the value of moves, so it has to be fairly light.

does anyone have a good idea how you'd improve this? my only idea would be to use like a switch statement (or a map) to direct stuff directly into their own functions, like "CheckTriggerDamage(combatEvent)" that i'd override when relevant and so on, but then i'd have to write each a function for each new event type, which is kind of annoying but maybe it wouldn't be that bad in comparison and it would look cleaner. thoughts?
>>
File: Capture.png (1.28 MB, 1393x873)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>297618082
now this is based
>>
>>297618082
I've already made my own waifu. I don't need some soulless AI generated mess.
>>
File: ezgif-4-69b18804e8fc.jpg (111 KB, 1000x1500)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>297619301
Heterochromia is a god-tier fetish anon.
>>
File: 1562242282897.png (337 KB, 400x400)
337 KB
337 KB PNG
>>297619301
>>
>>297619453
thinking about it, doing an enum check in c# is probably like a 100 times less work for the CPU than using an overwritten virtual function so i don't think the performance is really the issue, i just dislike the aesthetics of it. maybe it's fine the way it is.
>>
>>297619529
It's actually quite good. One thing i noteced is that it has problem with cleavage, tons of artifacts.
>>
I will make the spiritual successor to jet set radio!
>>
File: AIwaifu.png (251 KB, 400x400)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
>>297618082
she's fucking perfect

thank you AI overlords
>>
Whats the deal with UMG in unreal? Is this actually the best way to make menus? Coming from webdev this layout mechanism feels clunky af.
>>
>>297620013
something being clunky and your only option sounds like on-par with the unreal experience
>>
honestly, I'm scared of rigging, I just downloaded a rigged model and it looks like something out of a fucking nightmare, so many fucking controllers and shit what the actual fuck.
>>
Im not gonna work on my game today :)
>>
File: 1579303320408.jpg (209 KB, 1070x1214)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQyi5K0Zj1c

oh no no no lads, how we will recover unity bros?
>>
File: aqua_laughing.gif (2.48 MB, 384x372)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB GIF
>godot
>>
>>297621438
unity has a platform to make money off assets and code without even making games. That alone makes it way more popular and better.
>>
how do I make ps2 like 3d models?
>>
>>297621570
t. proud to be a gamedev simp
>>
if I am for PC only is there any reason to go for URP over HDRP?
>>
>>297621607
Have any finished 3D games come out of agdg?
>>
File: 1577439609674.jpg (18 KB, 365x365)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>297610634
>t.Unity user
>>
File: 1576727140911.jpg (30 KB, 960x960)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>297621667
Are you retarded or just manually ill? Simps give away money to try and impress people. Selling assets or code on unity is not simping.
>>
>>297622085
you're not the one making the unity assets, but the simp buying them.
>>
>>297622194
No one said anything about buying them you mentally ill retard. My entire post was that unity is better because you can sell shit without having to
make a game
>>
>>297621073
Going to party?
>>
How do I mathematically convert a percent into a spread of possible outcomes?

For example, 100% over 3 options puts the weight on one end, 0% weighs the other, and so on
1 - 0%
2 - 0%
3 - 100%
vs 0%
1 - 100%
2 - 0%
3 - 0%
vs 50%
1 - 33%
2 - 33%
3 - 33%
>>
>my game dev career
cringed
>>
>>297622375
then you're not making a game and should fuck off to some /biz/ how do I make money from selling assets thread.
>>
>>297622537
kys schizo
>>
File: 1577395978705.png (258 KB, 526x552)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>297621006
Honestly if this is a pro rig I think 3D animation might be beyond me lmao.
>>
>>297621438
I wish this fucker would plan his videos ahead of time instead of fumbling, stuttering and mispronouncing words all the time.
>>
>>297622514
just do it in multiple steps. It'll save you debugging headache later and the performance boost from combining it into a single statement is negligible.
>>
>>297622514
Do rand()%100 and then convert the result to the range, in your example this value would convert like this:
1 - 0% (0-0)
2 - 0% (0-0)
3 - 100% (0 - 100)
vs 0%
1 - 100% (0-100)
2 - 0% (0 - 0)
3 - 0% (0 - 0)
vs 50%
1 - 33% (0-33)
2 - 33% (34-66)
3 - 33% (69-100)
You might need some special edge cases for 0%, might want to set it to -1 or some other invalid value.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_xR9JX8L6c&t=3s

Thoughts on my game /agdg/? Just released.
>>
>>297623076
literally who?
>>
>>297596843
We don't have any laws like that.
>>
>>297623076
fuck off you shill
>>
>>297567264
Look into express. It's a framework for node js which you can use to make a simple api for the server-browser. you can set up html endpoints that will give you the data you need in (for example) JSON.
https://expressjs.com

This pajeet tutorial goes through the basics of it. https://youtu.be/7nulchT1Ruk (there's probably something better but this is the first result i got)
As for hosting, you can use Heroku like the other anon said. This type of API is pretty common so i'm sure you can find some good learning resources if you look hard enough
>>
What if you discover that the perfect name for your game is taken by some band you've never heard of?
>>
>>297624195
You register the trademark in another country
>>
>>297623229
>>297623629
whoa there, kinda rude don't ya'll think?
>>
>>297624531
>ya'll
back to twitter you go
>>
>>297624195
it's fine, even if they have a registered trademark it shouldn't apply to a video game. The only real problem is SEO
>>
File: demo player.png (886 KB, 979x695)
886 KB
886 KB PNG
>>
I want to get a Vector3 velocity of a rigidbody in unity.

Do I use GetPointVelocity or GetRelativePointVelocity, or something else?
>>
>>297624779
I played Crumble Demo. It's cool.
>>
>>297625243
proof?
>>
>>297625359
Dude trust me.
>>
>>297597856
Nice. This gave me a good chuckle, mate.
>>
>>297625359
I'm crumble is the proof
>>
>>297625359
>>297625243
Crumble is very fun to play, it sits there on my steam library and it's a joy to launch it everytime
>>
>>297571795
dude thats amazing
>>
>>297624531
You can't hope for good reception if you never posted here. And I assume you didn't since this is not a large community and I've never seen your game before.
>>
>>297627403
This sounds kinda epic, I'm gonna buy a copy for me and one for my friend
>>
for how long can you play your own game before running out of content, /agdg/?
>>
File: header.jpg (46 KB, 460x215)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Adding sex appeal/waifu(s) to your game will make you money. The rusmonkey that made this is a USD millionaire.
>>
>>297629962
> rusmonkey
Rude
>>
>>297630415
I say it an endearing way, my friend
>>
File: mfw.png (127 KB, 680x574)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>mfw a girl follows me on twitter
>>
File: 1569996975165.jpg (209 KB, 810x810)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
i am motivated enough to latch on to new hobbies/creative interests, but not motivated enough to progress past the beginner-intermediate stage.
shit sucks and i hate it
>>
>>297631023
finna make it
>>
File: LitchBabe (1).png (9 KB, 180x404)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>297564164
>I came up with an idea for a project but I'm already working on another one.
Every time
>>
>>297631023
it's a bot, retard
>>
File: 1592183521298.png (73 KB, 834x1256)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
https://vimeo.com/3324084

>used to think this was the most amazing 3D I ever saw and though it was impossible anime japanese skills
>posted 11 years ago
>>
>>297632195
horse legs
>>
>>297629962
It also helps that he made a good game.
>>
File: img412.jpg (907 KB, 1987x1548)
907 KB
907 KB JPG
>>
>>297632195
if your idea for a game is "something something undertale aesthetics something coomer bait" you should probably stick with you original game
>>
File: 1591580303847.jpg (33 KB, 680x544)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Post books for game dev please and thank you.

Preferably things that are applicable across engines, or that aren't super basic like "learn c# using Unity" or something like that.

Thanks friends, hope you all are having a good day today.
>>
>>297632195
Protip: You can make more than a single game in your life. Finish your current project and then work on your next idea.

If you're constantly switching games then in a few years you won't have a single game let alone multiple.
>>
File: AB.png (13 KB, 762x641)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
Brainlet here. How would you go about pulling something like this off? If the player drags and drops the red square and tries to drop it in a tight space, it is returned (A). If it only overlaps only one object it is instead positioned directly under it (yellow)(B).
>>
>have to make my own fucking keyboard for android because the native keyboard breaks the viewport
I hate this shitty platform
>>
>>297634510
Can you check if there are two collisions happening before you place it?
>>
>>297634510
If can't place
try place by deflection amount
if can't place
stop

I'd just use the ez collision method of "deflect by origin angle by overlap amount"
>>
File: download.jpg (72 KB, 800x600)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>297634287
Thanks dude, I appreciate the practical perspective to that.

>>297633842
The idea is you're a Soviet-defector/litch, whose employed by the US government to beat the shit out of people who are using unlicensed magic. It's like Papers Please but you beat down people's doors. Also everyone is really concerned about a potential magical attack by the soviets, so there's a curfew and after a certain time you aren't allowed to have lights on or you get a knock at the door. Really the premise is kind of an excuse to sink in the scenery for the autistic amount of lore I've made for it.
>>
>>297634510
the collision algorithm is easy >>297635207 but I would do it recursively until the object can be placed or re-collides with an object it already processed collision with. This would feel better around edge scenarios.
>>
>>297564771
>I think it was good to have corona expose how distorted the media is, though.
Not really. It's over-represented.

Nowadays, it has become a cliche for an indie game to use pixel art.
>>
>>297634275
why a book? why not just go through tutorials online and asking questions while trying stuff out and learning shit like that?

personally i dont understand why you'd want to learn an inherently interactive vocation using a book. it's like looking for books on how to ride a bike to me. the best way to learn is to practice while getting guidance in the process. maybe there's some theory about you should understand, but i think if you have a good inclination to understanding programming on a base level then you'll eventually figure out "hmmm this algorithm runs a check 300 times when it should only need to do it once" and you'll figure out you need to do optimizations eventually, and that's when learning more in-depth theory comes handy.

or maybe my advice is shit. i went to an actual school for programming so maybe i've forgotten how hard it is to start out
>>
>>297635620
>greentext
The wrong quote was in my clipboard, I meant to quote:
>pixelart is so under appreciated now days.
>>
>>297588863
That woman has much, much, MUCH more power and influence than that indie dev, you tard.
>>
>>297588654
what the fuck this guy writes like a fucking fever dream

i think i'd rather have a conversation with yanderedev than this dude
>>
>>297635780
>instead of learning how to program why not just program
damn
>>
>>297635780
I want to be able to understand game dev from a "system level" if that makes sense, ie how shaders work, why 3d graphics uses model world view space etc.

I don't have much time to do game dev right now, getting a book I could just read a chapter or two during lunch or at night / when I don't have much to do and I could understand game dev a little better
>>
>>297634275
Books are outdated
>>
File: Bach.jpg (413 KB, 441x533)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
Cris worships this man
>>
What's the most based and redpilled tileset size?
>>
>>297635975
Crumbledev IS a woman!
>>
File: 11__r1281288711.png (48 KB, 480x888)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>297636662
8x8
>>
>>297565503
lame ass faggot
>>
>>297636662
1x1 or 1920x1080
>>
>>297588654
that's harassment? the fuck?
>>
>>297635975
imagine trying to cancel a clearly autistic man for being autistic
>>
>>297636327
again, for me it goes back to reading a book about how to ride a bike. i just view it as an inherently practical vocation that you can only really learn by testing stuff, messing with values and figuring out patterns over time.

>>297636450
i mean i guess, i guess i'm just projecting my own inability to consume linearly presented information. if a book tells me "shaders were used in the 1990s video game of duck hunt 64 in a unique fashion, and then later used in wind waker" then i'll just start thinking about how the shaders were used in duck hunt 64 and i can't follow the book anymore. that's basically why, when i'm learning new stuff, i just zoom around the internet, clicking links and searching for information on specific items as i read about them, basically building a web of understanding over time, all the while testing this stuff out for myself. i've had so much trouble with books that i kinda thought i had ADHD when i had so much trouble reading books in school, but it's more that my brain is set up to build linked data structures out of information, and i can't do that with books.
>>
>>297636643
Not surprised, cris is ridiculously redpilled
>>
File: shill from reddit.jpg (1.86 MB, 2992x2206)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
>>297629404
>>297629202
>>297627403
>>297625243
Ofc, since you spam about your unity trash, reddit scum
>>
File: 1575629605377.jpg (23 KB, 337x426)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
do any of you pretend to be autistic for govbment monies?
>>
for rpg maker fags
https://cutievirus.itch.io/mv3d
works well on my pirated version
>>
>>297632425
she looks retarded cris
>>
>>297637283
Why do you suppose you can't learn to ride a bike from a book? Muscle memory?
>>
>>297632063
It's easy to get addicted to the early stage quick skill gains, and give up or get bored when it slows down.
Just gotta push through.
>>
File: ididit.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
>>
>/agdg/ became even slower

What is happening?
Jannies banned everyone or something?
>>
File: 1586626921485.jpg (28 KB, 750x555)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>297638625
i thought the corona virus would breed new life into agdg since everyone would be inclined to stay indoors and work on games and socialize through posting progress

but i was wrong
>>
>>297634275
I always recommend https://learnopengl.com/
It's a great starting point for graphics programming. I recommend to follow along and mess around and modify the programs. I think it's the best way to gain insight, rather than just passively consuming content.
>>
>>297638550
I'm so over singletons. I just make plain globals at this point.
>>
File: tsenahale.png (332 KB, 1000x1026)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
>>297564164
So is there anything I should change before I make the final puppets for these birds?
>>
>>297639283
arrow sticking out of his left eye
i assume this is like a big bad monster everyone is trying to hunt right?
>>
>>297638550
You're going to regret that, son.
>>
This is probably the most braindead question I could ask but how do I save a reference to a brand new node I spawned in Godot? I have a 2d array that keeps track of the coordinates of nodes I'm spawning in a grid-like pattern. So (0,0) in the array will have a reference to whichever node is at (0,0).
>>
been watching videos on godot and im pretty excited with all the features. i see you can even export to html and have it run in browser. amazing!
>>
>>297639519
Yeah that's right, the arrow thing seems to mean though
>>
>>297639280
the more I program the closer my code gets to raw assembly
>>
>>297640083
he has 4 swords and an axe inside him
>>
>>297637985
They literally rejected my NEETbux application since I have a bachelors degree in computer science.
>>
>>297640148
You're going the wrong direction.
>>
>>297640148
Same. After finishing uni I was super into OOP and all the other stuff they pushed as "proper" way to program.
With time I learned it's all bullshit and now free functions and plain structs are my go to programming style.
I feel physical pain when I see a class with getters.
>>
>>297637985
Fuck off social security administration. None will admit to it.
>>
File: 1575095165578.gif (2.77 MB, 480x366)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB GIF
Can we talk about writing jokes?
do i just put what i personally think is funny?
even if it's too crass? i still find fart jokes funny and im in my 30s
>>
>>297640245
Yeah, but eyes are different from a medical perspective.
If your eye gets hurt and it gets infected, your other eye might also be lost because your immune system might attack attack it with the other eye. That and it's painful as hell.
The idea of a big bird blindly flapping around being unable to see makes me sad, especially if it has a kid.
>>
>>297641034
Honestly the best kind of jokes are the ones that let you put things together yourself. If the implication you make is really funny and the audience figures it out, it's way more satisfying.

That and don't linger on it.
>>
>>297641418
i don't think people like "working" for jokes
they want to just turn off their brain and laugh
>>
>>297641034
my advice is don't stop the player when you want to tell a joke. like don't have an npc stop the player and prop up a big dialogue bux that they have to look at. put your humor in item descriptions or combat speech bubbles and such, so that players who don't like your shitty jokes can ignore them
>>
>>297641565
I'm not saying cereal box encrypt your jokes, just don't spell it out too much.
>>
>>297592426
who is Ron
>>
File: jensen.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
If you fail a timed dialog option (i.e deus ex hr, mass effect)

what is the default choice?
>>
>>297642009
Pick one at random.
>>
>>297641034
Play Runescape and Divinity/OS and you'll figure it out.
>>
>>297642427
i hate both these games though
>>
>>297642009
pick the one that is currently selected. the game selects one by default
>>
I keep practicing art but I’m not improving. Wut do?
>>
>>297642572
ripip to you and your game then anon
>>
File: 1587183556987.png (129 KB, 163x331)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>297642669
>you need to like runescape to make a good game now
??????
>>
>>297642645

Keep practicing. Not even kidding here, one day you'll just figure it out and when everything just clicks you'll improve like crazy. Until that happens you wont feel like you're improving very much, but if you don't keep practicing, you'll never have that moment.
>>
>>297642816
no, it's just you probably have shit taste
>>
>>297643234
divinity wasn't really that good as people claim
haha oil patch go burn goty
>>
>>297643583
t. filtered
>>
What's the least spaghetti way to deal with NPCs changing dialogue over time as you complete objectives? Do you create multiple NPCs and swap out to the correct one? Do you create multiple dialogue data structures and swap to the right one? or do you create one dialogue and use some logic flags to determine from which indices to draw the dialogue from?
>>
>>297644441
bitmasks and state.
>>
/3/ thread:

>>>/3/747323
>>>/3/747323
>>>/3/747323
>>
>>297644441
my idea for handling this is probably wrong but i have something like a int keeping track of the main quest

so if the value of the variable is different then the dialog changes
e.x
quest progress 1 = hello
quest progress 2 = wow i heard you beat boss 1 you must be strong

and since this is public i can use it for all npcs
>>
File: 1586971494424.jpg (139 KB, 462x444)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>297644917
this thread is 24 days old
>>
>>297644441
use https://github.com/inkle/ink
I use it along with a hierarchical blackboard that keeps the state
>>
>>297644946
>>297644441

What you want is something like that but a bit more sophisticated.

If you have multiple quests and what not, you should have a quest manager that you can query on certain things on quests. Quest information can generally be divided into 2 types, either on/off flags (i.e Did the player kill this NPC yet? Had the player talked to this person?) and progression state (i.e The player is at step 3 out of 5 for quest xyz). Then just have your npc query the correct information before choosing which dialog tree to use.
>>
>>297644917
>crumbledev moved there

What is the official /agdg/ thread?
>>
/g/ thread:

>>>/g/76580018
>>>/g/76580018
>>>/g/76580018
>>
File: 1582344525926.jpg (343 KB, 1242x1394)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>when you start using the same tools and instruments which gives your game a motif
>>
File: 1593546503736.gif (3.42 MB, 366x325)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB GIF
you can do it anon
>>
>>297645425
>>297645203
>>297644946
>>297644669
thanks I'll look into all these. The common public quest status for all needed flags makes the most sense to me. I had something like this before but I had it only tied to that specific NPCs quest complete flag, which worked for each NPC to have two dialogues, but only individual triggers for each person. So I should do something similar but more generic to call a common quest status instead of a specific NPC quest status
>>
>>297645934
I notice you're missing the word 'tree'. Have you organized your dialogue into a tree structure yet? That may be what you're troubling with.
>>
found a glitch where if the player's y value is below 40, he can't move horizontally
>>
>>297646162
I haven't, but I also haven't done any branching dialogue. I really haven't done much at all for dialogue but I remember it being a mess before so I was wondering what other people do before I go down a troublesome path
>>
File: __1.jpg (31 KB, 464x456)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>he's making a puzzle platformer
>>
>>297646565
i made some dialog for my game not much but having a flow chart type of mindset should do you wonders
>>
>>297646565
I had the hunch.
Your first go at dialogue should be shored up nicely into an input/state tree. There's more complex things to do, but don't worry too much about the fine details of loading, triggers, swapping. It's just an entity with a nice pretty tree of things to say.
>>
>platformer
>>
File: node tree.png (14 KB, 473x293)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>297644441

Dialog should be handled by some kind of node tree. Simply have nodes point to another node based on whether a quest is completed or not.

Picture related. If node 1 is the initial dialog, node 2 would be when a quest is complete and 3 when it isn't. When the first node is called, it simply checks if a quest is complete then figures out which node is the next one to show.

This kind of dialog tree is really simple to implement. The dialog manager would just be a list of nodes and a few functions to do things like add the nodes and find them.
The dialog nodes would be a class that stores the dialogs text and has some kind of function to check a condition (like whether a quest is completed or not), then returns a number which is the next node to go to.

It sounds more complex than it is, and I'm bad at explaining it. But this is similar to what I'm using right now, and it took me a few hours to implement and most of that was figuring out the best way to store each dialog tree in a JSON file for easy loading.
>>
File: unrelatedgame.jpg (216 KB, 1200x675)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
Hey guys, i just finished a build of a prototype i'm making of an action-rpg. There's a video of a player beating the boss without taking damage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiPcYToZ7Q8&feature=youtu.be

You can download it from this link: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/project-18-action-rpg-prototype-demo.122966/

The link also features a piece of music i did for the project. Any tips or feedback is appreciated!

Thank you.
>>
File: 1541681669877.gif (48 KB, 540x540)
48 KB
48 KB GIF
everything works as it should but the code is a mess
>>
>>297648534
That makes sense. each node would just need a couple flags to indicate where/if to go next
>>
>>297645794
How did they create that aesthetic? It looks so good and has made me coom buckets.
>>
>>297648871
is this rpgmaker?
didn't think it could get so fluid
i like this
i like the ui
>>
File: 1575640198117.jpg (14 KB, 540x511)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmltIMPMeP0

>tfw this is cris mind
>>
>>297649502
live 2d is the aesthetic or what i call
the jiggly boob jello aesthetic
games like destiny child have a remnant of this aesthetic
go download live 2d and figure it out
>>
>>297649342

How I do it is this.

Every node has an ID, some text to show, a list of numbers and a type.

The ID is what other nodes will point to and the list of numbers is used to figure out which nodes this one is pointing to.
The type is the most important part though. Rather than just having a dialognode class, I have a bunch of classes than inherit from this base dialognode class.
Each class has a function I override which takes the list of numbers and does what it needs to do so it can pick one of these and point me to a node with that ID.
For example, the dialognodequestcomplete class will check if a quest is complete and if it is, it'll return the first number in the list, otherwise it'll return the second number in the list. I have like 30ish nodes that each have some sort of condition they check.
>>
>>297649024
That's pretty normal.
If you care, just write it again.
>>
>>297649605
Thank you! The movement is fluid because of a pixel movement script. The other things such as dashing around come from systems i made for the combat.
>>
>>297649024

If the code works, isn't buggy and doesn't effect performance, who cares?
If you think you might have to come back to the code in the future and add new functionality to it, just throw in some comments so it's not too hard to understand.

People will be playing your game, not criticizing your codes aesthetics.
>>
File: farrrrrt.png (61 KB, 300x300)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
I hate what I am doing right now but I know that if I don't do it the game will never be as intended.

Procedural world generation is fun, but making the systemes for it when no one else has anything to build upon really, really, really isn't.
>>
File: 1592554019427.png (19 KB, 512x512)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>297645794
DEVELOPERS

>>
>>297637985
When I was out of a job I tried to apply for welfare but got rejected because they said "it's easy for you to get a new job" so for about 1 year I lived in abject poverty. This is Norway, and this is how they treat their population. Had I been brown and not known the language I'd get twice as much as I am earning right now for free for life.
>>
>>297651030
nordic welfare systems will turn away people on any excuse possible to save money, but if you know the tricks of the trade and also bitch and moan enough, you'll get your money. you probably should have kept at it and bitched until they gave in instead of slinking away in shame. you see, these welfare systems have been optimized in such a way that people who are genuinely out of luck and need emergency aid won't get it, but the real professional welfare leeches get tons of cash because they know how to abuse the systems.

we should basically be scrapping all that bureaucracy and putting UBI in its place but heh we'd have to wait for these boomers to die off first because they think FREE MONEY is the devil

t. previously professional welfare leech
>>
>>297650081
>>297650287
i kept things simple and scripts are less of 50 lines each, my only fear is I will pay the tool in the future
>>
>>297651030
get fucked whitey
>>
File: 1562505835542.png (5 KB, 223x60)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
Godot question: why are these two lines printing 0 to the console when ran?
>>
>>297652791
I'm dumb, ignore this.
>>
>>297652791
>>297652972
not your personal rubber duck, nigger.
>>
>>297642009

Have a special option for it.
>>
File: 15934698481023.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>297652791
You can
add_child(load("res://mysweet.tscn").instance())
And feel like a pro coder!
>>
>>297653678

>godot
>pro coder

pick one
>>
File: 1593470857503.gif (350 KB, 368x450)
350 KB
350 KB GIF
>live in a age were there's near infinite resources
>its harder then ever to make games
you can literally hire someone for 20$ to make a custom sprite or 3d model or a piece of music from all the way across the world yet its never been harder to make game
why??
>>
Are there any good guides on creating open world's, like handeling lods, fading objects in and out,... Specifically in Godot?
>>
File: anime_girls_laughing.gif (2.99 MB, 355x201)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB GIF
>godot
>>
>>297653947
it's unironically easier to make something with heavy limitations
>>
>>297653947
just competition
you could make bank with cris-tier games back in the day, you need some measure of quality now
>>
When using public domain assets, or say a texture you mixed into a texture, or any degree of public domain asset use, do you need (or should you) give credit/add license to every thing?
>>
>>297654320
if it's legit public domain, no. If it's "creative commons" it will have a license attached to it that you should read thoroughly first.
>>
File: 1580911908030.png (650 KB, 727x727)
650 KB
650 KB PNG
is it common to export particle effects as an fbx?
>>
>>297653962
That's way to advanced to ask in here
>>
Have you guys ever made any money from your games? was the effort and time worth it compared to the results?
>>
>>297655569
Yes.
No.
>>
I made a game and no one here liked it.
I want to do some basic game that's not difficult to make but will make the funds to create real games.
I'm trying to come up with ideas like those stupid knot tying games that are easy and millions of people download. I have like 20k for ads, but I can't think of an idea and I have no artist.
>>
>>297656037
>20k for ads
Do you have any previous experience with advertising?

Also guys I was looking for a simple copy-paste game builder for puzzle games like Bejeweled and Bubble Bobble, any good recommendations which allow me to make like 300 maps or 20 games I can just shit throw at the app store and Steam wall?
>>
>>297656037
>make the funds to create real games.
>I have like 20k

???
>>
>>297645794
What is this animation software where you just squash n stretch to make things move like capes in the wind or wiggly gelatin? I might use it to cheapen out 2D on animators.
>>
>>297656803
He obviously needs 4M+ for an AAA game even 150M like blockbuster movies for his magnum opus.
I myself have a huge project in my head which I could only do it justice if I either found an extremely optimized way to cheapen out or I had the budget of a movie.
>>
>>297656709
Yes, I run a web development company and handle advertising for a lot of service-type companies like waste management and whatnot.

I don't have an answer to your other question though, sorry. Maybe Clickteam fusion or something like that? I know gamemaker studio uses coding but it's not very difficult, it's like javascript.

>>297656803
To quit my job and work on it full-time I need about 180k for a year.
>>
>>297656709
>I can just shit throw at the app store and Steam wall
fuckoff
>>
File: frog.jpg (16 KB, 400x400)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>297657305
>To quit my job and work on it full-time I need about 180k for a year.
why the fuck do you need so much for one year
maybe cut back on the hookers and drugs a bit
>>
Can someone tell me about trademarks? I'd like to trademark a 2 word name, I live in eastern Europe. Will trademarking just the name save me from my artist saying I stole his assets? or anyone simply using my graphics and SFX?
>>
>>297657305
>To quit my job and work on it full-time I need about 180k for a year.
hooo boy, how much debt do you have
>>
File: 2020-07-01 08-47-50.webm (923 KB, 1920x1080)
923 KB
923 KB WEBM
Testing out a day and night cycle.
>>
I need to make a cheap online game with 0 rubberbanding. Is there an existing network+engine I can use?

Btw are 2D texture artists more expensive than ever or actually cheaper? Can I cut on costs by making a game with 2005-2008 graphics?
>>
>>297657605
He probably lives in some shithole state like California
>>
>>297657605
180k for a year of development is pretty cheap my guy
>>
Best tutorial on shaders?
>>
File: 8xGL7HG.png (17 KB, 543x441)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>297657703
>rixels
>>
>>297657923
ue4
>>
>>297654438
Ok thanks! Btw if you do need to keep a license for something (like Code that comes with one of those “can use for commercial, non commercial, Ect. Use” licenses, like it has a license but it’s ok.)
Where would you put those licenses? In a folder within the build?
>>
>>297657952
Boonies of texas.

>>297657605
The majority of that money would be to hire talented animator/modelers.
>>
>>297644917
I made it by mistake please chill.
>>
>>297658220
No. I need Quake/Unreal Tournament response.
>>
>>297659304
if UE4 doesn't fit your parameters then i recommend starting an AAA game company and making your own engine
>>
>>297657971
my game cost about $260
you are kinda delusional
no indie game needs 180k to be completed
>>
>>297659304
what do you think unreal tournament is made in...?
>>
>>297659517
and how much did you make???? Did you value your time at $0/hr????
>>
>>297659581
its still in development
>Did you value your time at $0/hr
yes
>>
>>297659698
dumb
>>
>>297659805
>i need 180k to make a cut the rope game guys
>>
>>297659856
Valuing your time at $0/hr means you think you are worthless. Also you're an idiot.
>>
>>297659990
thinking indie game dev should be comparable to waging is pure ngmi-mindset.
>>
>>297659990
shut up with your stupid jew tactics and hr bullshit
valuing your time and getting paid are two different things
>>
>>297660345
>>297660440
You are both idiots if you don't value your time at all. No wonder you are poor "indie gamedevs"
>>
>>297660440
calm down antisemite
>>
how much did yoyu got done today, /agdg/? i did 10 minutes of really fun gameplay. what about you?
>>
Why has Terry decided to collide with a moving train?
Was is suicide? Why then?
Was it an accident? Too improbable.
>>
>>297661042
He talked about killing glowniggers so guess
>>
File: 827.png (250 KB, 680x638)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>the old ladies making their crappy paintings of flowers in some comunity center are complete losers because they're not planning to sell their paintings or even consider putting a price to their paintings because is a hobby to them
>>
>>297646680
Yes I am. What is with this thread and shitting on puzzle platformers?
>>
File: HighresScreenshot00000.jpg (1.61 MB, 2560x1440)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>297660939
I got started on the level for my prototype and also got 10 minutes of fun
>>
>>297661450
i would play a game in that weird grey-box style.
>>
File: asdf.png (449 KB, 534x554)
449 KB
449 KB PNG
>java
>>
File: 1578707107727.jpg (10 KB, 186x356)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
How do you guys make any progress on games when there is so many fun games to play instead of working on my own?
>>
>>297662236
>Being into videogames
>>
File: shitty_supervisor.png (609 KB, 1277x718)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
added an inventory system
each slot can hold a weapon or a passive
>>
>>297662236
implement a feature
play a game for a few hours
repeat until you release a game
>>
>>297662459
did you make that museum game?
>>
Its because my cost of living is higher, but luckily it’s also because I’m very skilled.

Maybe I should just help one of you with your game and offer some advertising and a website. I also have a popular facebook page where I do puzzles that I could use to reach a few million people like up to 12 million.
>>
>>297662754
fuck off clout chaser.
>>
File: 1581168917023.jpg (17 KB, 350x377)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>297662236
most games are boring garbage.

I can't play any game today because I start to test things like if I were paid to find bugs on the game, testing the collisions, checking if there's errors on the textures of the level, studying the props, putting attention to how the trees look, what shaders they use on the grass, what skybox they use, etc.
>>
>>297662905
>money chaser
ftfy
>>
File: roody2d_3_26_d.gif (559 KB, 403x226)
559 KB
559 KB GIF
>>297662694
no i made this thing, no idea what the museum game is

although i did put a museum secret level in my minecraft puzzle map but minecraftmaps.org wont updload it so idk what to do with it. It took me like 4 months to make and its like 6 hours of content, and its just sitting on my hard drive.
>>
You ready for demo day anons?
>>
>>297662983
I tried doing this with Deus Ex Mankind Divided but I ended up ruining a sidequest for myself. I started investigating a mystery, and got mad at the developers for making glaring oversights of coincidences that made me form a connection where there wasn't one, then got mad and read a walkthrough and it turned out they weren't sloppy coincidences, it was intentional. So some games are worthy of your trust
>>
>>297662310
I hope this is ironic. devs who have no interest in video games create soulless trash games and it shows in the AAA world now. People are just after the paycheck.
>>
>>297657971
Californians are a plague.
>>
>>297663265
I have my scanner sandbox ready to expose anyone trying to put malware out there.
>>
>>297663564
I'm from texas, not california.
>>
>>297663564
i'm not in california, i'm in atlanta lmao. 180k is enough for 3 programmers and no other costs
>>
>>297610193
Who can live the rest of their life on 1,500,000? That won't even buy you a house
>>
>>297664101
>60k each
maybe 3 interns
even in the middle of nowhere I'd still make 80k+ with 5 years of experience
>>
>>297610193
30% taxes. You'd have to live with n-poor people for what you'd make on ETFs
>>
>>297664101
>60k
>hiring people fulltime instead of commission work as needed
Jesus christ hussie
>>
File: be6.jpg (45 KB, 600x579)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>297664101
that's 30 years of wages in my shithole, lmao.
>>
File: SERIOUS BUSINESS.png (10 KB, 512x512)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>297664101
>180k is enough for 3 programmers

Must be three very hungry programmers.
>>
>>297665447
People don't understand the difference in wages in the US. In silicon valley 180k isn't enough for one programmer. They must live in a house with a dozen people.

Where I'm at 180k is enough for a family of 4 to live in a 2400sqft house and eat out at a nice restaurant for every meal.
>>
File: 1592834729289.jpg (24 KB, 500x416)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>tfw im more poorer then cris
>>
File: 1588018311001.png (34 KB, 1303x246)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
alright friends
this is it if i don't get help i'm finished
i have been writing and rewriting this stupid shit all day
i can not figure out how to add collisions with walls while dodging
this is the spaghetti monster that still doesn't work in the slightest
don't have to write it for me just point me in the right direction
this is gml btw
>>
>>297666135
sorry, I meant 24 USD today.
>>
>>297666135
0 usd disposable a month
>>
>>297666323
are u neet?

If you live on a first world cunt, you're not poorer than me.
>>
>>297666135
do you guys not have a job on the side? Also this is just from working this year and doesn't count equity/investments
>>
>>297665854
Where I'm at 50k would cover that. I think you might just be shit at money.
>>
>>297666135
I define poor as under 1k excess after bills.
>>
>>297666608
cris is from venezuela or some shit they don't have any money
>>
>>297666608
wagecucks make 2 USD per hour here.

>>297666819
Then I need to ask you also by the income of whoever support your bills (rent/food).

My entire family (in my house) lives a comfy life because my mother has 3 pensions and make 600-700 USD per month.
>>
File: 1593321931763.jpg (60 KB, 500x500)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>tfw stealing coombait and putting it in my game
>>
>unity UI text is shit so swap all my UI text to TextMeshPro
>TextMeshPro doesn't uphold the pixel perfect canvas flag and upscales poorly
FUCK
>>
>>297667479
Housing shouldn't be a speculative commodity, everyone deserves a place to live even if they don't work.
>>
>>297667479
>dude, I can't move to a cheaper place
Aren't some states in america like as poor as thirld world shitholes?
>>
>>297667773
yes
move out into the desert and get solar panels + starlink
>>
File: tutorialBasics.webm (2.19 MB, 1360x760)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB WEBM
Thanks to the anons that suggested I simply toggle alpha on specific objects to focus theme for small tutorial parts. I thought it would be more bothersome to do but I was able to get a pretty good version of the system working in 1-2 hours.
>>
>rip 3d game model from game
>change texture and geometry
who owns the final model?
>>
>>297666082
>i can not figure out how to add collisions with walls while dodging
Do you already have collisions for normal movement? It's the exact same thing I don't see the problem.
>>
>>297667416
>and upscales poorly
It uses signed distance fields, it should upscale infinitely. You're doing something wrong.
>>
>>297668376
but that is a copypaste of my normal movement
>>
>>297668197
absolutely love the screen wipe
>>
>tfw realizing functions are just smaller programs within the big program you can run when you need to
>>
>>297668520
no, the game itself is rendering at 256 and upscaling to 1024 and the TMP text doesn't uphold the original resolution so at the higher resolution it interpolates a bunch of garbage despite the font itself originally being pixel perfect
>>
>>297668552
Thanks, it took be a long time to get a basic handling of GLSL, and I need to fix it because it doesn'T work on Mac, but yeah I'm happy I got it working, the best part is that it works by inputing a black to white gradiant of an image, which determines the effect, so I can do a whole bunch of different effects with the exact same code.
>>
File: 1593331757985.gif (3.25 MB, 400x224)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB GIF
>>297668197
i just realized that battlenetwork 1-6 all had a tutorial
who the fuck buys part 6 without playing a previous title?
>>
How many of you do gamedev as a hobby?
>>
>>297670387
me
>>
>>297670387
game dev is the only way i can restore my honor.
it is not a hobby for me.
>>
>>297670632
Who are you? Phil? NMS dev?
>>
>>297670632
Story please.
>>
File: GateExplosion.webm (2.04 MB, 1280x602)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB WEBM
Is this a good explosion for unlocking the cages?
>>
File: 1576464948360.png (56 KB, 362x298)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
I paid the money to get into the Steam developer program but Steam won't issue payment to my country so I basically just waste alot of money.
>>
>>297670924
Good enough.
>>
>>297670924
Not unless the animal celebrates its freedom by baking giant disappearing loaves of bread.
>>
>>297610349
Why not sell on both?
>>297664204
Where do you live where a million and half dollars isn't enough for a house?
>>
>>297671406
Y I K E S he is totally getting canceled
>>
>>297667621
The problem with housing is usury, if we got usury under control house prices would return to the historical norm of 2x the average annual salary.
>>
File: 1517325035333.png (258 KB, 600x439)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>it's another one of those 'sit and stare at code for 12 hours' days
It's worse knowing that it has to be a minor mistake hidden in the spaghetti code.
>>
>>297670853
i failed
>>
>>297671049
how are you going to cancel him if hes a hobbist gamedev who doesn't have a boss?
>>
>>297565417
It pains me because you all have helped me so much and I would love to share the progress I have made but I cant out of fear.
>>
>>297672051
>he thinks you have to be employed to be put on the internet's blacklist
lmao
>>
File: ericchristmas.png (1011 KB, 520x752)
1011 KB
1011 KB PNG
Name a more wholesome gamedev story, I dare you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YqdutJLIi8&t
>>
>>297672115
>oh noes teh interwebs blacklisted me I can't go on reddit anymore abloo abloo
>>
>>297672115
Wow, it works so well with crumble already. Absolutely no one is upvoting him on reddit right now.
>>
>>297672250
Enjoy never selling a copy of your game.
Enjoy never being employable ever again.
>>
>>297672370
Nonsense, if you get cancelled there's a few shithole hick towns that'll happily hire you.
>>
>>297672470
>being proud to make min wage for the rest of your life
>>
>>297672528
Never said there's pride to be had. Just that there's a contingency plan if he gets cancelled.
it's not gonna matter when western society collapses anyway.
>>
>>297672528
money isn't everything anon
>>
File: 15794462112356.jpg (187 KB, 1280x720)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>297671059
It is called "financial literacy".
When I was applying for Steam Direct I used old guides from times when you could pay Direct from Steam Wallet. That feature was removed as some point. So I had to buy 100$ of games as well.
>>
>>297673167
you never bought over $100 worth of games on steam?
>>
>>297672673
NOOO im just temporarily embarrassed, you'll see i will become a millionaire when my undertale-inspired 2d platforming zelda RPG launches on steam for 20 dollars on a tuesday
>>
File: player_model.png (461 KB, 488x974)
461 KB
461 KB PNG
So I have a basic low poly humanoid model set up with an armature but I'm having some trouble with animations.

I'm currently exporting the player mesh as separate objects (for the head, torso, each arm/leg etc.) because I figured this would give me more flexibility in Unity, so I can easily make some simple animations outside of Blender. I also figured it would make sense to do that because I plan on having customisable armour pieces that will be rigged to different parts of the player model.

Am I right in thinking this, or would it make more sense for the player mesh to be one whole object?

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to animate my model and I want it to look like one fully connected mesh (e.g. I want the vertices at the top of the 'neck' object to follow the vertices at the bottom of the 'head' when they player moves their head upward). I got the idea that this is all down to weight painting, but I've dicked around with it for a while and still haven't found a way that works, although that could be because I'm misunderstanding weight painting.

Should I be editing vertex groups manually? Or is the weight painting simply not working correctly because my mesh is a collection of objects and not joined?

pls help me blender/unity folk
>>
>>297672370
steam is apolitical they have yet to post BLM tier shit and probably will sell your game even if you're blacklisted by reddit and resetera.

hobby gamedevs or even successful indie ones dont need employment or publishers even
>>
>>297670924
It's aight, but the trajectory of the bars could be randomized for it to be more believable.
>>
>>297673752
gaben is literally a closet nazi ultra capitalist judging by his work, silence and steam in general.
>>
>>297673517
he cue
>>
File: reddit.gif (699 KB, 1221x768)
699 KB
699 KB GIF
>>297673752
>he hasn't virtue signaled in a meaningless way, must be a literal nazi
>>
>>297674121
that is pretty much the publicly accept definition of "nazi" these days
>>
>>297672370
>>297672470
>>297672528
The shit you all think is important doesn't really matter.
Even that bitch who called the cops on that black birdwatcher can probably get another job. Like if she applied to my company I wouldn't recognize her name and she's public enemy #1
>>
>>297673823
anyone who collects knifes collects world war 2 stuff or at the very least has an interest in other wars
>>
>>297674232
when is the last time you talked to a non family member outside of the internet
>>
>>297673823
afaik steam's remaining old guard is the old school kind of liberal, like they are embody a lot of liberal ideas but are libertarian instead of authoritarian. i recall reading some glassdoor review that some valve employee made, and he bitched about the higher-ups "wanting every voice to be heard" in regards to censoring people
>>
thanks guys
>>
File: 1.png (6 KB, 788x473)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>
>>297675804
You can't just post this with no text.
>>
i'd post progress but my game is breaking in embarrassing ways
>>
File: ohshit.webm (346 KB, 1920x1080)
346 KB
346 KB WEBM
it's almost grill time baby oh yea inshallah
>>
File: 2.png (9 KB, 782x470)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>297676093
you walk/drive around work, buy stuff, fix up home. world ends our zombies maybe not. kek
>>
>>297677581
Game looks kino as fuck, are you the same guy with the bowling alley area?
>>
>>297677581
>inshallah
are you being ironic or what
>>
>>297677581
>no canned beverage
still, 8/10
>>
how many indie games on steam have only sold like 5 copies?
>>
>>297678254
not enough
>>
I haven't used Gamemaker in ages. Have something in mind that would fit using Gamemaker. Redpill me on it.

Is Gamemaker 2 better than Gamemaker 1? I'm not afraid of actual programming so I don't care if it's easier for non-programmers or vice versa.

Is it easy to obtain and use for free or is purchasing it a necessity?
>>
File: 1223.png (515 KB, 1420x3294)
515 KB
515 KB PNG
How should I use sprite sheets like pic related? I want to code the animations and I really need to see if they're working.
>>
>>297678254
even really bad agdg stuff like alphaman or vital has sold more than 5.
>>
>>297678486
GMS2 is better but it requires a constant internet connection so you can't pirate it, costs 100 bucks to use I think.
>>
Someone give me a rundown on GMTK shit opinion channel with shitty game jams or based?
>>
>>297678558
>Alphaman bad
Did he never really improve it past the demos? The demos were endearing and I hoped he'd improve it.
>>
>>297678486
i own gamemaker
this shit is hard as fuck to pirate
gm2 literally can uncrack itself if connected to the net
it's pretty sophisticated
just buy it if you want it
>>
>>297678486
>Not afraid of actual programming
Just download unity and pull down the Pixel Perfect Camera package.
>>
>>297678558
vital is a sleeper hit
>>297678681
unless they literally made a game
not even a good fucking game just a decent game
you can't trust their opinions
>>
Does reading agdg count as deving?
>>
how do i make status effects not useless or broken in a turnbased game?
>>
>>297679003
Why would I make a 2D game in Unity?
>>
>>297675236
What are you going to do?
>>
>>297678806
yeah he launched with the demo + a final stage
kinda retarded
there was a solid two months between dday and release
he shot himself in the foot without doing 8 robot masters at least
megaman fans are hard to please
>>
>>297678534
What do you mean? On Unity you just use the included animator
>>
File: nope.png (27 KB, 562x268)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>297679013
Avoiding like the plague then, thanks.
>>
File: Screenshot (36).png (691 KB, 1920x1080)
691 KB
691 KB PNG
>>297677963
no
>>297678125
“And do not mix the truth with falsehood or conceal the truth while you know [it].” Ayat 42
>>
File: Underspace Ijuni Textured.png (1.48 MB, 1145x2070)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
Lobsters gettin textures.
>>
>>297679057
Because I believe in you.
>>
>>297679103
actually figured it out on my own
keeping devving anon we will all make it eventually
>>
>>297679149
I can't believe he was showed up by a free fangame, Megaman Rock n Roll.
>>
>>297677912
>>297675804
internet was out three days, got some stuff done.
>>
>>297679308
I didn't know the Outward devs posted here. Nice.
>>
File: disium mad.jpg (91 KB, 500x500)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>297679648
You don't kill these lobsters, you trade with them.
>>
>>297679217
they aren't that bad for technical knowledge but generally speaking someone with sub 1000 views on youtube will know more
>>
>>297679164
I mean, how can I know what the size of each frame should be or how the sprites should be positioned in each frame.
>>
>>297678486
GMS2 is "better" as in it's still getting updates and you're not fucked if you find any bug. Mobile export modules are already outdated for their respective playstores in GMS1, so it can only target desktops and web, realistically. Other than that, you're good with GMS1 but seriously don't bother, learn anything else instead.
>>
>>297679308
Post they're dick
>>
>>297679801
In Unity the tool is pretty self explanatory, you just choose the bounds and the center of the sprite within the sprite sheet. They have o be place in the page in a certain order if i remember correctly. Download a simple free sprite sheet and play around with it.
>>
What is the most chad way to publish you game?
>>
>>297680340
self
>>
>>297680340
create your own exclusive distribution method with some added value and bank on the label's worth by publishing other people's good games.
>>
>>297680340
Dangen, blackshell media, or tencent.
>>
wtf is immanitas entertainment? apparently they came across my platform game some chinese site ripped off and want to talk but i don't care
>>
So what are the kind of download numbers (not purchase numbers) of someone with literally no other PR other than basically showcasing the game on /agdg/ and maybe on a couple of discords in passing?
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 225x225)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>messing around with cameras
>accidentally zooms in on the bdsm giantess boss's ass
>>
>>297673517
why don't you just make it one continuous mesh if you want it to look like one?
have you messed around with parenting objects to the armature in blender with "automatic weights" instead of manually weight painting?
>>
how do I get tencent to publish my game?
>>
>>297683401
Be popular
>>
>>297683401
Buy tencent.
>>
File: 1571414356268.png (74 KB, 232x240)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>297681823
>cooming to your own creation
don't do it, it ends in sheer, unalderated agony
>>
>>297683370
>why don't you just make it one continuous mesh
Then he would have to make a new mesh for every single combination of equipment/clothes.
>>
Is it really worth it to pay the Steam fee for a free game?
>>
>>297588091
>godot developers are obsessing 3D
wrong, most of the work on 3D right now is done by juan

>godot cant even come close to unity in 3D
true, but as a user of the engine I do still have hopes for 4.0

>godot decides to compete with unity
wrong, people meme about this and it's funny, but saying that the engine wants to compete with unity is such an absolute joke.

>What would have been good for Godot to get its foothold in the industry
this paragraph fucked me up because it's not even remotely true. The 2D aspect in godot in my opinion suffice and surpass even gamemaker in term of usability and programmer friendliness. Godot is expanding to 3D since literally ever because it was a 3D engine before it's 2D. It just that there's better and more mature graphics api like vulkan that allowed the engine to grow further than what opengl3 can handle.

>the first foss or even professional 2D engine will make godot irrelevant
>professional
such as game maker, cocos2D studio, torque, etc.? Have you ever made/try to make a game before? This statement is really interesting to me because it seems like you demonize godot just because it's godot.

It's like you're commentating a football player without knowing how to play it.
>>
>>297683834
Why would you put it on a commercial platform if you won't make any money
>>
>>297683945
>replying to copypasta
lol
>>
>>297683985
Because I want people to play my game
>>
>>297684004
first time i've replied to one, so that I may pasta it in the future
>>
Why is ronny so obsessed with hating godot? Did Juan hurt him?
>>
>>297673517
>>297683756
damn wish i could read, regardless you should parent with automatic weights if you want it to look continuous
>>
>>297684207
>namefag drama
I hate you so god damn much, /agdg/
>>
>>297684207
no but i know ron well enough to answer for him
he blames godot for flooding the market with retards & platformers
godot basically to ron is remedial education to him
>>
>>297684340
It's been this way for a few years now anon. Most of the good devs left, leaving only mental defectives, shitposters, and newfags who come and either get driven off or become shitposters.
>>
>>297680862
they are honestly probably the chinks that ripped off your game in the first place
best not to fuck with them lest you sell your soul to xi jinping
>>
File: 980x.jpg (260 KB, 765x1024)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>297684474
The thread typically only sucks when sourceposter, ron, or crumble poster are spamming the board. Otherwise it's typically pretty productive with plenty of progress posting and good discussion
>>
even eric left us
>>
>>297684474
I've popped in and out of here for years, but this shit always ruins it for me. We stomp out namefagging in literally every other thread on any other board, but this shit hole always just lets it happen. All of you fucking suck.
>>
>>297571795
Cute Mabel Pine animation bro
>>
I found a cool psx shader online I want to try out in unity. Can anyone tell me how to actually make a shader effect an entire scene though because no search is helping me out here?
>>
File: 1578336358919.jpg (13 KB, 371x353)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>297685080
>We stomp out namefagging in literally every other thread on any other board
>>
>>297685080
Yet you keep coming back expecting things to be different, that makes you just as fucking bonkers as the troublesome posters, anon.
You either learn to deal with the bullshit, become a shitposter, or leave for good.
>>
>>297685080
it could be worse. At least our general isn't ERP tranny drama central like /xivg/
>>
>>297685371
there was literally at least 4 tranny devs
>>
>>297685080
lmao, if you think /agdg/ is the only thread with petty e-drama you're hopelessly naive.
Pop into /tesg/ or /rs07g/ sometime if you want to see how good we have it.
>>
>>297679308
wow, nice work texturing that lobby! I remember when you were posting the base model, good job
>>
was thinking of releasing my game for free but make a deluxe version that comes with a soundtrack
y/n?
>>
File: 1imHEn4.gif (1.43 MB, 373x282)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB GIF
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd_cojsn8kE

This was 7 years ago
>>
>>297686921
>scrapshooter
>gets scraped by creator
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>297686674
Why bother? Either sell your game or give it away.
>>
File: player_model_2.png (1.4 MB, 1382x1816)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>297683370
honestly I think I should have made it one continuous mesh from the start, I was just misunderstanding shit and thinking about things the wrong way.

I was thinking "how do I get the vertex of this body part to match the position of the vertex of this body part at all times" instead of just making them the same vertex in the same place.

And I guess using one continuous mesh for the player shouldn't make it any harder to implement equipable armour because I would be parenting that armour to an armature anyway.

I spent the last hour joining all of the objects and merging the vertices and I think weight painting is gonna be much easier now.
>>
>>297687476
well that business model was wildly successful for helltaker and doki doki
>>
File: survivaltest1.webm (2.92 MB, 1000x562)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
Worked on this for about 4 months straight 4-8 hours a day, almost every day (next to remote dayjob).

Am losing my mojo guys. It's not the mindblowingly fun amazing experience I thought it would be. Feel myself struggling to get motivated to finish it.

What do.

Hoping that I get some nice feedback if I publish a little alpha for agdg demo day, but honestly feeling super negative about the project as a whole.
>>
>>297686674
no, that's retarded.
because that either means you made a worthless game, and should've quit sooner.

or you're wasting potential money by giving away a good game for free, because NOBODY will buy that deluxe edition.
>>
File: 1572703764465.gif (1.07 MB, 255x192)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB GIF
>>297687704
t.guy who gets burn out every fucking day
it never goes away
positive comments or negs don't really matter
>>
>>297687106
the creator got scrapped by the world
>>
>>297687704
You learn to ignore that feeling and focus on finishing your shit.
t. someone who's been working on the same project for 6 years
>>
>>297688031
put your name back on boku
>>
>>297686674
>>297687816
disagree, I've seen people release free games and then have the soundtrack be paid for. Check out Offpeak, it worked well for that dev.
>>
>>297688221
Wrong.
>>
>>297670924
>>297671406
>its another episode where bokudev shows off his ability to get a post removed with the help of a mod because hes a 4chan shareholder
>>
File: 1574188440392.jpg (69 KB, 629x711)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>297688443
>mods can identify which game is yours and ban you specifically if they hate your game
>>
File: BirdDeaths.webm (1.97 MB, 1280x606)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB WEBM
Made it so when these chick guys die from a puzzle cube they actually drop their spears.
>>
>>297688621
why does this specific frog pic make me laugh so hard every time I see it?
>>
>>297687704
sometimes i feel like i'm wasting my time working on the wrong things. weeks could go by and my game still looks the same, but thats cause im doing work that has not visible impact(YET). I'm still working on a level editor for like 2 months now. I had wanted to finish the base version of it a month ago, but this shit is harder than I thought It would be.

t. guy working on same game for 2 years.
>>
>>297688636
Mr. Boku sir in light of recent events have you given any thoughts to your past controversial statements regarding "ghetto culture."
The people demand an answer.
>>
>>297688636
is your game pronounce bo-cube or bo-ku-be?
>>
>>297689250
those guys on that website I think its called 4spam or something man they have some good photoshop and slander tactics
>>
>>297689250
i bet you boku has hardcore gangsta rap in his music library
>>
>>297687704
Publish the prototype/demo and call it a success.
And move on with your life.
>>
>>297689398
this would basically sabotage him
my friend made a total quake mod and reworked all the stages in hd
quake fps fans are autistic and need lots of content to be satisfied
>>
>>297688636
>make fun of boku for 6 years
>drop out of school
>still have no game
>boku actually looks good

what am i doing with my life. this is danny's fault :^)
>>
>doing 3d
not gonna make it
>>
reminder that boku is a loser that has yet to release a game
>>
Identifying Schizophrenic Artwork
they found that there were no significant differences in the artworks on a formal level. However, they pointed out that content may be a more useful level of analysis when examining artwork for signs of psychosis. The content is what tends to be most different from normal artwork, and it is strange, unusual or bizarre content that reflects the schizophrenic process. Like artists free of mental disorder, individuals with schizophrenia often use a creative process to produce art. This is essential to understandingwhether or not the schizophrenic’s artwork will reveal the artist’s pathology. Barnett (1981) focused on art therapy with schizophrenic children in the 1930s and early 1940s. She emphasized the creative process involved when individuals with schizophreniaproduce artwork; stating that schizophrenic art represents the individual’s perception of themselves in a certain place and time within their level of maturation (Barnett, 1981).While all artwork evokes a creative process, schizophrenic art is presumablyunique and contains characteristics that define it as schizophrenic. Cohen (1981) argued that persons with psychosis or schizophrenia use artwork to express ideas or emotions that they are incapable of expressing verbally. To him,these persons often depict reality as they wish it to be, rather than how it is; thus, incorporating into the work bizarre delusions or hallucinations. Elaborating on Cohen (1981), Crespo (2003) described the key features of schizophrenic artwork, including desexualized figures, strong border lines, symmetry, and especially misidentification and fusion of objects or figures, as probably being synonymous with the artist’s delusions and hallucinations. These features are not seen in normal artwork and are indicative of schizophrenic
SCHIZOPHRENIC ART pathology. Therefore, it is reasonable to consider that schizophrenic art is recognizable as such as a function of its content.
>>
>>297690530
just dont die to the incoming Chinese invasion of india ronny
>>
>>297671532
toronto
>>
>>297691475
>desexualized figures
>symmetry
so cris isn't a schiz?
>>
>>297691475
conjoined twins is honestly a pretty based fetish
>>
File: fate of a dev.png (4 KB, 256x256)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
Have you taken the 4therestofmylifepill?
If no, why?

>>
>>297670924
No. The impact is too soft, there's no real "pop" to the explosion. No initial burst with a quick expand and disappear, just a slow puff of smoke
>>
>>297693456
microsoft can be hella based sometimes
say hello to microsoft silverlight! shes cute!!
>>
File: 1589212459186.png (209 KB, 630x630)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
spoon feed me on how to make a vr game

what are the necessary steps I need to take
I don't know c#
I've downloaded the steamVR plugin and VRTK to unity and now I'm lost
>>
>>297693737
do you have a VR headset?
if not don't even try VR
>>
>>297693714
>she
>>
>>297693835
yes I played around with the steamVR interaction system

would making a shitty wave shooter be a good project? right now im overwhelmed at the thought of making a menu and then making options for teleportation and smooth locomotion

brainlet reporting in
>>
>>297694003
i want to make audiosurf vr
>>
>come back to /agdg/ after months, might even be years
>Bokudev and crumble still busy with exact same shit
>Bokudev and crumble still seemingly only Devs with games
it looks like I didn't miss anything
>>
>>297694003
>>297694003
>would making a shitty
no
vr + guns = bad time
your competing with half life alyx and a slew of shooting fps vrs already
you'd have to do something cool to justify a ~20$ price tag
go ahead and try it though but i had so much issues with VR it's not even funny like my camera just locking into a wall and not rotating with the character which gives me a huge headache while testing the scene like 12 times..
i've seen a few good vr projects here so it's doable but the devs that HAD a good vr project also had a good normal game proj too so you have to be super competent
>>
File: 1587655793971.jpg (65 KB, 665x842)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>297694275
WoH dev became a multi milionaire and Eric Baroney is a religion now
>>
>>297694437
He's looking to learn not be a millionaire
>>
>>297694519
i can guarantee you hes looking to be a millionaire
>>
>>297694519
this
im not brainlet enough to think i can make audiosurf vr for my first game
>>
>>297694643
>>297694145
this would be like the easiest thing to make though
all you need is a audio listener and some scripts
>>
File: londo.jpg (15 KB, 600x432)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Morrowing 2
HoMM3 2
JA2 2
>>
File: 1577397298059.jpg (20 KB, 425x425)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>297694827
ok make it for me and ill market the game and we'll be zillionaires then
>>
>>297694959
You keep saying to want a Morrowind 2 but you're not willing to do the things to make something of that scale.
>>
>>297694959
>Morrowing 2
umm sweaty it's called Skyrim
>>
File: 1592646299524.png (226 KB, 521x517)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>297694959
>>297695040
morrowind was fucking wack
for me it's daggerfall
>>
>>297695226
Imagine Daggerfall 2 but this time there's actually something to do
>>
>>297695024
https://forum.unity.com/threads/audio-visualization-tutorial-unity-c-q-a.432461/
start reading cuck
>>
>>297695226
>enter an inn
>large room with no furniture
>a frightening array of people
>low lighting
>everyone stares at you no matter where you move
HALT
>>
>>297695393
thanks but is this a good first project to tackle for learning? I'm seriously overwhelmed right now
>>
>>297695646
start with pang
then make a castleroid
then move on to your blunderfail
then make you're dream game
>>
File: 1573420193897.png (43 KB, 250x150)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>297695646
jsut follow your heart
make your dream game
or at least try.
meditate on the fact if you even LIKE vr games
go play other vr titles
it's ok to be overwhelmed
>>
File: cormorant fishing2.jpg (420 KB, 1200x1600)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
I don't have time to look through all this, can someone please direct me to the lore?
>>
>>297695746
how long will all that take? is pong a good experience to translate to VR ?

If you gave me like an order of things to learn so I can have a game plan I still think I need to start with c#
>>
>>297695916
nobody likes to post lore anymore because people are afraid of their lore getting stolen
>>
erm, you aren't make a game without lore, are you...?
>>
>>297695972
this general isn't for you if you haven't decided on a language friend
>>
>>297696059
>without lore
You mean without flavor text on every object of note?
Why would you deprive yourself of that?
>>
>>297688443
woah wtf >>297671665

what and how did those posts get removed is bokudev on jap moots payroll?
>>
>>297696647
The jews fear the samurai
>>
File: _184955.jpg (26 KB, 650x642)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
An asymmetrical fps game where one player controls a drone while the other players are on the ground doing objectives. The goal is for the ground-players to complete their objectives without getting drone striked.
>>
>>297668990
Have you thought about rendering the text with a different camera? That could give you more control over the quality.
>>
>>297697029
One needs a gf to play that.
>>
finished another small project i won't upload to the internet.

am i a nodev if i don't distribute my games?
>>
>>297617687
isn't monolith from agdg? just bought it and its bretty fun
>>
>>297698685
why don't u distribute ur games
>>
>>297617687
Bug Fables.
>>
>>297698685
You are yesdev. It's your right to keep your creations to yourself.
>>
>>297699150
i think they're pretty dumb so i don't want to bother with having to explain the games to other people, let alone shill them, or maintaining code i don't care much for in case someone else does.
>>
>>297698685
You're effectively a nodev to everyone but yourself
>>
File: 1573326865817.jpg (64 KB, 409x409)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>297699173
>Never actually came here and said anything about dangen controversy or dropped keys
he aint my nigga
>>
>>297699927
Why would he come to this shitpile when he went to /v/ instead
>>
>>297699927
>be shitty
>be surprised when people eventually leave and don't want to interact with you
>>
>>297700102
/v/ is literally the worst fucking board on this site
>>
>>297699583
well i do work on a main project that gets almost daily builds with new content, and have other two finished projects i did upload to the internet. i'm just not uploading any new games.
>>
>>297700347
Worst boards (excluding /pol/, /r9k/, /a/, /lgbt/, etc.) but better than this general
>>
what's a vAO
>>
>>297700665
vword Art Online
>>
>>297698685
"True yesdevs ship"
>>
Losing items now finally shows messages if you lost items if you lost items if you lost items if you lost items if you lost items.
>>
File: fruitscale.gif (3.55 MB, 844x628)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB GIF
I added a cute squish sound effect when you squish the fruit, and I got the game to scale without fucking up.

http://ditzbitz.com/fruitsquish.html
>>
>>297702360
nice faked screenshot there's no games here
>>
File: UnderspaceLanelines.png (1.93 MB, 1920x1080)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>297703042
You can play the demo anon, even if it's out of date.
https://www.indiedb.com/games/underspace/downloads
>>
>>297702890
how the fuck is broccoli a fruit
>>
>>297704452
Anything is if you're brave enough
>>
What's the performance of shaders written in unity shadergraph vs the equivalent written in pure hlsl?
>>
>>297704746
Doesn't shadergraph just convert it into hlsl?
>>
Tell me your 1 billion dollars idea and i will send you my feet pics
>>
>>297704452
broccoli isn't the only one thats not a fruit, but I was ok with that from the start.
>>
>>297704773
Wouldn't surprise me, especially since you can make custom hlsl nodes and it works fine.
But blueprints in unreal have a reputation for being less performant than direct c++ programming, so I was wondering if there's any similar tradeoff with shader graph
>>
Please put a file into this thing

http://ditzbitz.com/sound.html
>>
>>297567264
https://colyseus.io/
>>
>>297705724
fun
>>
>>297705724
Neato.
>>
>>297680340
put a bitcoin miner in your game and upload it to pirating websites
>>
>>297672370
99% of people dont give a shit about reddit blacklists
did people stop playing minecraft because notch is on the blacklist?
no
>>
>>297672210
Where are you getting these rare Erics?
>>
File: anstabo.png (59 KB, 654x800)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
Look, Crumbledev is posting low effort garbage to avoid shilling bans from r/gaming
>>
File: ee2.png (87 KB, 428x339)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>297710598
isn't the "10 threads per shill" specific to r/gaming? threads on other subs don't count do they?
>>
>>297618082
actually disappointed, doesn't seem AI generated at all, just a big database of anime girls and then you "choose your initial waifu" and color palete and they just copy paste the face to database of tits. SOULLESS
>>
>>297710598
jesus christ thats pathetic.
I still dont know how reddit doesnt detect shills when its fucking blatant.
>>
recommend me a good image editor for linux, gimp fags need not apply.
>>
>>297712815
Krita, Aseprite, Pixelorama
>>
>>297713336
To attempt to flirt like that with a female twitch streamer in DMs while 50 streamers / twitch staff are currently being canceled due to sexual misconduct is a mental illness.
>>
>>297712361
Reddit does detect shills. You just don't get how it works.

First, shills are totally acceptable as long as you're the correct type of shill. This is just like the whole chad/virgin vs girl situation. If you're a chad, you're charming and smooth. If you're a virgin, you're a creepy stalker. Same applies to all content, including advertising.

Second, if they were to ban all shills, not just the shills they don't like that day, then there would be no reddit content whatsoever. It would all be incredibly low quality... er... well, it already is incredibly low quality...but it would be lower. Somehow. Shilling is used to fluff up and puff up communities, so it has to be allowed as long as you do it "the right way".

>that is irrational though
It's reddit. This place is where intelligent conversation goes to putrify its already rotting corpse.
>>
>>297713336
>>297713578
>>297713587
Reminder, avoid women at all cost after you make it.
>>
>>297713336
>>297713578
nobody cares about literally who's twitter drama, post progress or gtfo
>>
>>297713587
>he flirted at the wrong time, not in the wrong way
Same difference to me since it's all retarded low iq bullshit.
>>
>>297713839
>nobody cares
Clearly several anons care since this has been discussed for the past two threads and this is the first time I'm chiming in.
>>297713829
This is an even more stupid take than the whole situation.
>>
>>297713850
>walk outside in the middle of a hurricane
>wat! he wasn't retarded! he isnt allowed to walk now? just because it was at the wrong time??!
>>
>>297713761
Problem with Crumbledev is that he used up the classic sob story: "I worked on this game for X amount of years, what do you think?". He can't use this method again when he launches the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/hapete/after_2_years_of_work_i_finally_got_my_game_in/
>>
>>297689014
Bc it's hilarious and you're a fun person.
>>
stop replying to the retarded namefag and just dev
>>
>>297714108
Why is she drooling? Is she retarded?
>>
>>297713950
>implying that flirting with a hot girl is dangerous like deadly weather
I don't get this but that makes sense bc I'm not a virgin.
>>297713985
>Problem with Crumbledev is that he used up the classic sob story: "I worked on this game for X amount of years, what do you think?". He can't use this method again when he launches the game.
And why couldn't he? On reddit, he has a 50/50 chance of everyone ignoring all the posts trying to out the hole in his story and promoting him like it's all brand new (even by the same users who are so retarded they forgot they already praised him).

Also remember, at least 20% of all people on the internet post while intoxicated. Probably more. Pair that with the higher than normal chance of mental illness, and it starts making sense why 90% of places like reddit are total trash.
>>
>>297714164
you need to turn off your brain to understand these things.
Its called CGDCT for a reason
>>
>Fighting Game Community
I used to troll some fighting game forum in high school. I think it was called Shoryuken or something. The guys there were the most retarded and scummiest people ever. Low IQ macho weightlifter type shit. Wouldn't surprise me if everyone in that scene were raging lunatics, both the pro-mike and pro-mike-basically-raped-her-with-that-awkward-flirting sides. Which, since she has huge tits, is basically just the latter.
>>
>>297713587
>while 50 streamers / twitch staff are currently being canceled due to sexual misconduct is a mental illness.
Was he aware of this?

Also... you're literally just saying
>some young guy being horny is a mental illness
>>
>>297713985
>2.5M views
fuck he did well
>>
>>297715025
>>297715025
>>297715025
>>
>>297714108
BBqt
>>
>>297695746
Yo, Pang is a fucking sick game.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.