[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: end of dragons.jpg (839 KB, 1200x1200)
839 KB
839 KB JPG
Alright alright I know ArenaNet is pozzed as hell and the writing sucks but Guild Wars 2 has the best gameplay, progression system and monetization and it's much better than your XIV visual novel """""""game"""""".
>Why aren't you playing Guild Wars 2 right fucking now MMOfags?
Buy2Play expansions that add some of the best content in video games as a whole. Heart of Thorns zones especially.
Respects your money and your time.
Horizontal progression where you hit max in five hours or less. They've never raised the level cap and never will. No throwing out decades worth of raids, dungeons and zones because "a new expansion came out". Every bit of content in the game is relevant at endgame. Post-80 progression is all about expanding your playstyle rather than upping your numbers. Every zone in the game is populated and played by endgame players as a result.
Tons of classes with meaningful subclasses (Elite Specs)
https://youtu.be/Fiq3_cVvP88
Released in 2012 and the art style aged incredibly well. Still a great looking game.
Best mounts in video games
>Daily reminder that WoW Dragonflight copied a single one of GW2's many mounts and sold a whole expansion around it lmao the absolute state of Blizzcucks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0TuCof231c
https://youtu.be/DniC7YpYik4
Action Camera optionally available https://youtu.be/RLAEhGykw6w
Dark Age of Camelot inspired three faction PvP
I genuinely don't understand why this game that does everything right isn't discussed here ever. It's quite the sleeper hit and it seems like no one knows about it. idk what else to cover in my post but just ask questions
>>
>>619173478
>Gameplay
Your game has a billion options and everyone picks the same meta build because powercreep sells
>>
File: 1455558064947.png (612 KB, 2543x2338)
612 KB
612 KB PNG
>>619173478
lets get this out of the way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxTiwKvp348
>>
>>619173478
No it doesn't
>>
File: gw2 norn.jpg (2.1 MB, 1920x1080)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
>>619173596
You could say that about every game though. I go off meta and I remain competitive while having fun in a unique playstyle with my Revenant main and Mesmer secondary.
>>619173705
Hence
>Alright alright I know ArenaNet is pozzed as hell and the writing sucks but Guild Wars 2 has the best gameplay, progression system and monetization and it's much better than your XIV visual novel """""""game"""""".
I disagree with pic related though. As a GW1chad I understand why a lot of older fans hate it but it's still a fun game with very good gameplay/content that goes against MMO conventions in a very Guild Wars™ way.
>>
>>619173478
GW2's monetization model fucking sucks though
>>
File: World of Warcraft.jpg (1.51 MB, 2005x1125)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>619173912
How so?
>Cheap as fuck expansions that add relevant, worthwhile content and gameplay systems
>Living World episodes are free as long as you logged in before the next one came out
For anyone who missed them it's $79.99 for every bit of content ever released for the game. Ten years of content for half the price of a year's sub in a shittier game (WoW/FFXIV)
>>
>>619174060
>79.99 for marvel tier writing story missions and old maps that run the same meta events people have been running for close to a decade.
WoW and FFXIV are a low bar. Even if Gw2 is better then two backed up taco bell toilets it's still shitty. To say nothing of Mechanist at the moment...
>>
>>619174060
>add relevant, worthwhile content and gameplay systems
lol
lmao
>>
>>619173478
horiozntal progression is cringe. I want to gear the fuck out, be bigger than everyone, and then when the new content comes out, do it again. gw2 is boring because once you have the best shit youre just playing for cosmetics. theres no treadmill
>>
>>619174426
Elite Specs, mounts, gliding, fishing, world events and zones with tons of repeatable content aren't relevant or worthwhile anon?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0TuCof231c
>>619174402
Meanwhile in WoW
>$39.99 to invalidate everything you've played before November 28th 2022 + $15 subscription
Same applies to Final Fantasy XIV assuming you get through hundreds of hours of boring MSQ vnovel-tier shit
>>619174513
>muh power creep
You are the cancer killing MMORPGs
>>
>>619174546
>Same applies to Final Fantasy XIV assuming you get through hundreds of hours of boring MSQ vnovel-tier shit
I called XIV shit too.

>You are the cancer killing MMORPGs
nta but MMORPGs have been dead for years.What's left is a fetid mockery of a corpse.
>>
>>619173478
because I'm playing Guild Wars 1, the superior Guild Wars game.
>>
>>619173478
gw2 is basically wasted potential. the combat is solid and exploring is probably the best i have ever had in an mmo, but that's about it. everything else is just downright bad and terrible mismanaged.
>>
>>619173478
>Guild Wars 2 has the best gameplay, progression system and monetization
The gameplay is pretty good, and the monetization isn't too bad, true

>best progression system
Not even fucking close. Lack of meaningful progression is pretty much the reason I got bored of this and quit.
>>
>>619174546
Considering gliding was replaced with griffons then skyscales in the expansion immediately afterwards, no. And world events are just the same meta event zergs we've been doing since 2012, no. GW2 is littered with the rotting corpses of content types.
>>
>>619173478
strafing being slower than moving forward makes me angry and I don't enjoy the game as a result.
>>
>>619173478
GW1 is still better
>>
>>619173478
I want to play the gunblade class. Is it fun and good?
>>
gw2 story peaked with Living world s4 beyond that stop playing the game and uninstall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqfIuL0HpQY
>>
>>619175001
GW2 story was literally never good
>>
>>619174868
>my shit tastes better than YOUR shit
>>
File: a0a.jpg (160 KB, 1080x1327)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
No thanks, I'm going to keep playing the superior MMO: Final Fantasy 14. Good luck with your shilling though.
>>
GW2 is a terrible game made by incompetent devs that are now, just now, starting to copy basic fucking MMO concepts from WoW and XIV, ten years into its life-cycle.

PvP is still dead content people AFK through without punishment
WvW is still neglected and filled to bursting with hackers
PvE is still a joke that is literally balanced around not being able to see anything because the game still doesn't have player skill effect LoD options
Overworld content is utterly braindead tripe that brazilians farm for $0.25 an hour worth of gold

Class balance is still nonexistent, the story is still woke middle-school garbage, the new expansion has no fucking content, the game still runs like putrid dogshit, none of the people that worked on GW1 or founded Anet still work there, and the game is literally never going to become one ounce better.

Do not play Guild Wars 2.
>>
>>619175064
gotta be honest some were good
>zhaithan
mid tier
>scarlet and mordremoth
god tier
>balthazar/joko/kralkatorik
legendary tier
>IBS
started good but poop tier
>son woo
lmao
>>
File: OP and his sister.webm (1.57 MB, 640x640)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB WEBM
OP how much do they pay you? is it per post? per hour?
>>
Anything pre-80 is boring as fuck, and the game is dead enough that any map outside of the meta schedule is empty. It does work around this well though, providing easy instant access to any relevant content and scaling down your level to match the area's level. Most of the metas are pretty fun, but they drop mostly generic loot so there's little incentive to run it outside of actually having fun. Low-man WvW is easily the best content in the game, but even that is dead.

>>619174714
You haven't actually gotten to the progression part yet
>>
File: groomer.jpg (240 KB, 1200x955)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>619174642
>nta but MMORPGs have been dead for years
between FFXIV, WoW, The Elder Scrolls Online, Guild Wars 2 that's easily 7.5 million players on PC alone not factoring console crossplay bullshit.
>>619174714
>Lack of meaningful progression is pretty much the reason I got bored of this and quit.
Playing the game in new interesting ways for the sake of fun rather than skinner box bullshit that invalidates old content in favor of new content? I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you anon but you're a slave to dopamine hits and it's stopping you from having ~fun~
>>619174798
Griffons and skyscales both have different uses than the glider. Especially in Maguuma zones.
>>619174974
It's very good.
>>619175001
>>619175064
These are both true but if you're playing GW2 for story then you're retarded. Play for the game itself not storyfag nonsense.
>>619175134
GW1 is kino honestly but it's EoL and might as well be considered a precursor to shit like Destiny rather than GW2's precursor.
>>619175180
Enjoy your visual novel storyfag """"""game"""""
assuming you're not paying $15/mo to eRP with troons
>>
>>619175216
>Scarlet
>SCARLET
>god tier
holy now I understand why GW2fags love that shitty game so much, they're completely braindead
>>
>>619175281
If I was I sure as fuck wouldn't be condensing replies to one post like >>619175346
>>619175363
OP here Scarlet fucking sucks and I quit GW2 until after HoT released because LWS1 was shit. Later seasons are much, much better and actually add content/systems to the game.
>>
>>619175363
what's wrong with LW1 and HOTs arc ? i thought it was pretty good especially if you made a sylvari character
>>
>>619175483
ANet's writers treated Scarlet like she was some legendary villain but I was annoyed by her two episodes in. If you hate Scarlet you'll hate the entire season.
>>
>>619175453
I don't consider more daily currency grinds worthwhile content, and "systems" is a complete joke
>>
File: 1492624186382.jpg (1.46 MB, 3840x2160)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>>619175453
so they pay you per (you)?
here let me help (you) out.
>>
File: prepareth the bong.png (53 KB, 309x123)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>619175590
It's more than I can say about the "competition"
>>619175614
ty anon I appreciate the shekels
>implying a company as pozzed as ANet would pay for shills on /v/eddit
>>
>>619175570
>ANet's writers treated Scarlet like she was some legendary villain
because she was? that crazy bitch (my gf) literally remade lion's arch cuz she destroyed it
>>
File: Ff3zH2naEAAMYvT.jpg (267 KB, 1024x1325)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>619175346
>Mass replying
>"It's just goooood bro trust me brooooo!"
>Buzzwordsbuzzwordsbuzzwords
GW2 devs need better marketers than you
>>
>>619175651
Extreme trials/savage raids are vastly more fun than yet another currency grind
>>
>>619175671
I love Barbariccia so much it's unreal
>>
>>619175671
>>"It's just goooood bro trust me brooooo!"
Don't "trust me"
It's fucking free. Spend five minutes in the game and you'll see how many bullshit MMO conventions they break.
>>619175701
Shame it's preceded by hundreds of hours of gay storyfag jRPG shit because I wouldn't know honestly. Everyone told me it got better after ARR. Hundred fifty hours later into Heavensward and it didn't.
>DROPPED
>>
>>619173478
did you seriously make a thread just to shill gw2
>Guild Wars 2 has the best gameplay, progression system and monetization
kill yourself retard
>>
>>619175798
seething XIVgroomer see pic related >>619175346
>>
>>619175759
The supposedly "good" parts are not free
>>
is daredevil good? I had an asura thief that I had fun with, but I never unlocked the elite specs
>>
>>619173478
How much were you paid to make this post?
>>
For me, GW2 is just too cluttered with shit. I don't think mounts and the air glider should have been usable everywhere, only in those specific regions they belonged and were needed, a bit like the junundu worms from gw1. On top of that you have a million different area-specific currency/token items, everything's just a big fucking checklist, it's just so chock full of trash. a gw3 that could stay consistent and more tightly designed would be a good move but I don't know if there is a market for another guild wars, I feel like 2 is the dead end sadly since there was much promise there
>>
>>619175759
>He got filtered by Heavensward
Are all GW2fags midwits like this guy?
>>
>>619173478
>Why aren't you playing Guild Wars 2
I don't like the classes, their gameplay and their weird progression system
nigga if I'm rolling the archer class I don't want to be shoehorned into becoming a healer to find groups at end game
>>
>>619175910
Not as good as Deadeye
>>
its not popular enough for /v/ to bother with. when it gets on the level of pokemon or god of war, maybe.
>>
File: 1668917583530179.png (671 KB, 619x605)
671 KB
671 KB PNG
>>619175798
>Anyone who doesn't like my shitty mmo is [buzzword]
Lol
>>
>>619175841
The progression system is free and immediately apparent throughout. It's a game that respects your time and money and that's the best thing you could ever say about a game in a genre notorious for wasting your time and money.
>>619175910
Deadeye better but just play whatever you think is fun fuck "meta" bullshit
>>619175914
I did it for free
>>
>>Daily reminder that WoW Dragonflight copied a single one of GW2's many mounts and sold a whole expansion around it lmao the absolute state of Blizzcucks

You take a shot at the king you best not miss and, hate to tell ya bud, but GW2 has been missing since it started.
>>
guild wars is gay and I hate the anti christ, play a better game
>>
>>619175930
nobody cares about tranny shit fuck off fag
>>
>>619175930
some of them are actual drooling retards like this guy >>619175216
>>
File: t2sf8s42tll91.jpg (203 KB, 640x905)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
I love scantily clad evil women with giant swords who turn into short haired punch girls. Guild Wars 2 doesn't have this, therefore it is inferior.
>>
File: dom healer.png (62 KB, 331x85)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>>619175930
>filtered
I play MMORPGs for social gameplay. Not hundreds of hours of poorly written storyfag shit that's primarily solo.
>>
File: 1662639426282513.gif (535 KB, 480x480)
535 KB
535 KB GIF
>>619176095
>Posting his own message in party chat to "own" the xivchuds
You're really bad at this
>>
>>619176095
An absolutely reasonable response for a shit tank. Hope their asshole was fucked after.
>>
>actually shilling a tranny game
Played it and quit after the whole briar whatever business, never looked back.
My only memorable experience was in WvWvW defending this one node with a couple of guildies but in the end it became rigged shit to the point that there's no reason to play them anymore.
Also dungeons sucked at the time(dont know the current state) with every metafag wanting you to run one specific set so you can stack up in a corner and hit shit or even skip certain sections because their dungeon design was absolute dogshit. World bosses were pretty shit too and are just pinatas you wish had shit you wanted. The only one I enjoyed was whoever that dragon was in the ice mountain area where you needed to use cannons and bombs on him.
>>
Are you guys looking forward to 5.3? I can't wait for Omega Ult and the new deep dungeon

How are you enjoying Dragonflight, WoWbros?
>>
>>619176239
No my messages were along the lines of "why the fuck isn't anyone talking in this game?" in the instances I actually encountered another player in grouped content that was few and far between. Nice "MMO" you have there XIVfags
>>
>>619176375
>How are you enjoying Dragonflight, WoWbros?
It's not out yet. The pre-patch is kind of stinky and tedious but great for levelling, pretty easy to get trinket, and great transmog gear. The Uldaman remake was pretty cool so makes the other new dungeons potentially exciting. The new talents are pretty cool all around. Yeah, there's min-maxing but it's looking like you can pretty much play how you want and still have good enough numbers to maybe clear heroic raid (remains to be seen). Everything I've seen so far looks great, but I am cautiously optimistic after Shadowlands. Nathria was great at the start but the ball is in Blizz's court to produce good content and not drag it out.
>>
I LOVE QUEUES
I LOVE QUEUING
I HATE LEVEL DESIGN
I HATE BUILDCRAFT
I JUST WANT TO SIT IN A QUEUE ALL DAY
I WANT TO AFK IN A TOWN FOR ENDGAME CONTENT
I JUST LOVE FINAL FANTASY
>>
>>619176435
People talk all the time in hub cities, out in the world during hunt trains, in instances, and through PF. Sounds like a (You) problem.
>>619176602
I'm not familiar with prepatch content. Does it give you a brief taste of the expansion?
>>
It's a pretty good game but unfortunately in the hands of an absolutely retarded studio/publisher. Anyway, it does have its issues which are undeniable.

For me, the next gen mmo winner will have gw2 combat and mounts, and gw2 use of the open world, FFXIV quality level story and soundtrack, and the same care of tying the soundtrack to the story and to the gameplay, FFXIV social features, and WoW like PvP.
>>
>>619176626
Mindbroken
>>
>>619176602
theyve tried to not drag it out since ruby sanctum in wrath of the lich king. its what the game does. they wont update it faster, ever. just par for the course.
>>
>>619176679
Not really. Evokers are out and the talents dropped in the first phase. Evokers seemed okay. Some people love'em, some hate'em. The drac'thyr can look kinda cool, but it's a huge lost opportunity to not let people make the buff chad drakinoids.
>>
>>619176783
>hello kitty mascot
enjoy your ass aids.
>>
File: 1qfTGRg.png (316 KB, 481x508)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
>>619176868
Loporrits are based.
>>
The only reason someone should ever """""play"""" XIV is if they're treating it like going to a retard schizo petting zoo.
>>619176602
I would play WoW if they stopped raising the level cap every expansion. They just spent a ton of time and resources crunching levels from 120 down to 60. Now they're raising it again to 70. Fucking why?
>>619176679
>People talk all the time in hub cities
Literal schizos and eRP fags. There's no meaningful interaction in themepark games. GW2 included but at least GW2 resembles a game in the first five minutes while I can not say the same for XIV after 150 hours.
>out in the world during hunt trains
no they don't
> in instances
lmao no they don't not even in the "raids" I've played and again I'm not going another 300 hours to get to the content you're talking about being supposedly super awesome
>it's a (You) problem that the game is inherently unsocial because it's primarily a storyfag game make your own fun by playing pretend with the other retards playing this shit :^)
no
>>
>>619176868
As opposed to the rats that asura?
>>
>>619176993
>Schizos and ERPers
Buzzwordsbuzzwords
>No they don't
Yes they do. Conductors of hunt trains are their own personalities, love 'em or hate 'em.
>Posts an image of people talking in a raid >>619176435
Shot your own point down.
>Wordswordswords
Once again, (You) problem
>>
>>619176801
I hope they change that. SL was the most dragged out content-wise and I think they acknowledged it impacted playerbase, etc. But I am not too bothered. Lotta games coming out, great time to be a gamer, and I usually hop in and out of 14 when WoW dries up with the same guild.
>>
>>619177240
its been almost 20 years now, its not changing.
>>
>>619176857
Is this the fabled new progression making old progression irrelevant I hear about?
>>
>>619177307
I don't know what you mean?
>>
>>619177132
Asura are based

t. xiv player
>>
File: 1663910985635.gif (1.42 MB, 480x270)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB GIF
>>619173478
It's the only mmo gameplay-wise that doesn't bore me to death and I like most of the classes I've played, but it's not weeb enough for me to be interested for longer than maybe a few days at a time.
>>
>>619173478
I picked it up again a month ago after not playing it since HoT launch. I'm already bored
>>
The expansion has 15 reviews on Steam xD
>>
>>619175304
>You haven't actually gotten to the progression part yet
I played through the core game, HoT and PoF. No, masteries are not satisfyingly progression.

>>619175346
>Playing the game in new interesting ways for the sake of fun rather than skinner box bullshit that invalidates old content in favor of new content? I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you anon but you're a slave to dopamine hits and it's stopping you from having ~fun~
Horizontal progression is fine if it's done well, I sunk thousands of hours of time into GW1. GW2 is nowhere near as good, simple as.
>>
>>619177350
I know WoW players who say new expacs drop old progression systems like the heart of azaroth or shadowlands factions
>>
>>619177202
Not buzzwords. Accurate representation of XIV's playerbase.
>Posts an image of people talking in a raid >>619176435
No that was a screencap highlighting XIV schizos enforcing Square Enix' absurd "don't ask don't tell" modding policy where they'll ban you for having a DPS meter because muh toxicity. Every single one of you are a bunch of ninny cunts that will rat each other out to the gestapo if an overlay shows up in a screenshot.
https://youtu.be/CFVqilG52RY
tl;dw of the video - faggot streamer defends muh ToS violation/toxicity whining and the schizo trannies that play XIV encourage such behavior in the comments. There you go, that's representative of who plays your shit tranny vnovel.
>>
>>619177202
ok faggot. you play final fantasy. your opinion is worthless.
>>
i liked heart of thorns
>>
>>619177516
Yeah they created sprawling talent trees - a class one and a spec one. You choose your paths on both to customize how you play. As far as I understand it they're not going to have an expansion focused progression system. Just talents going forward. The only kind of lame part of the trees is there's a lot of baseline baked so it's not a whole bunch of new. there is some new know and a lot of past legendary effects but you can pretty much spec how you want to play. You can be passive heavy if you reallly want to.
>>
File: political activism.png (272 KB, 1732x871)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
>>619177798
>Pyromancer controversy
I already know what this is about. The XIV world came to a screeching halt because he said PCs are indisputably better than consoles and that high frame rates are objectively better than 30FPS and anyone who disagrees is a fucking idiot. This enraged the consolefags who play XIV on a shared server with PC and they started mass reporting him for using a Reshade to make the game look better.
>>
>>619177798
Don't ask don't tell is a valid stance to take on mids, since the type of spergs who screech about dps meters are not the type of player anyone should have to endure. People talk about their mods and addons in private all the time, and there are always parse parties in PF for the people who care.
>One video is a representation of the entire community
Meds.
>>619177887
Didn't ask.
>>619177965
That's interesting and it's good to see long term planning in their design.
>>
>>619178067
>Don't ask don't tell is a valid stance to take on mids
Fuck off back to consoles and take your shitty "MMO" with you.
>>
File: kane west.jpg (15 KB, 400x400)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>619177887
You're the one shilling GW2 for free, nigga, while (trying) to bash the two most successful MMORPGs on the market while doing it. Like what's your end goal here? Trying to convince us a unanimously panned and pay2progress game isn't shit or to desperately try to rekindle a playerbase that was always barren compared to its competition?
>>
File: Et7iReSWYAUVsQw.jpg (199 KB, 1920x1017)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>619178042
You seem weirdly knowledgeable about inane XIV controversies that most people have never heard about.
>The forums of a video game are representative of people that actually play the game
Not a single case of this being true.
>>
>>619178132
>No argument, only ad hom
I accept your concession
>>
>>619178134
not me
>pay2progress
Did you really post that in a defense of XIV which has paid MSQ skips and a dozen level boosts that people actually buy because they want to skip the hundreds of hours of boring storyfaggotry?
>>619178163
>inane
>most people have never heard about
You're misrepresenting what happened, again, the XIV world came to a screeching halt because a streamer had the ~audacity~ to say that 120FPS is better than 30FPS to the point where I even heard about it and I don't play the fucking game.
>>
>>619178297
>The xiv world came to a screeching halt
There's the hyperbole again. Can you make a coherent argument with buzzwords and fallacies for once?
>>
>>619178297
>not me
We can tell by your autistic, buzzwordy posting and the fact you're probably the only person that plays GW2 on 4chan -- possibly the Internet.
>>
>>619178297
Not him but the story is a natural part of the game that everyone has access to and you have the option to skip it if you're a faggot.
GW2 literally doesn't let you play their story unless you cough up coins.

One of those is literally pay to progress and the other is paying to opt out of progression. Get your shit straight buddy.
>>
>>619178297
Guild Wars 2 has level boosts as well.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost
>People buy level boosts to skip the story
Level boosts don't skip the story.
>>
>>619177480
So you didn't enjoy unlocking your skills and regular specializations in the base game, and gliding, mounts and elite specs in the expansions?

Did you even do Octovine?
>>
>>619178480
To be fair, you can skip GW2's story almost entirely, with or without level boosts
>>
>>619178134
ok faggot. your opinion is worthless. you play final fantasy. im not shilling anything are you a schizoid as well?
>>
>>619178462
I was in a fractal anon
>>619178465
>GW2 literally doesn't let you play their story unless you cough up coins.
What the fuck are you even talking about? You need to buy expansions to play through your storyfag shit in FFXIV too.
>>619178480
I'm not saying it doesn't but it's a single level boost versus dozens and GW2 is immediately a MMORPG upon logging in for the first time. FFXIV supposedly becomes one once you've done 300+ hours of single player questing.
>Level boosts don't skip the story.
Yeah forgot to mention the level boosts and MSQ skips are separate in XIV. People are paying to skip ARR and other expansions to get to the game-y part of the game faster. Nice MMO you have there.
>>
>>619173478
The open world is really really good. The combat along with the UI is absolutely beyond terrible. Combat has some sort identity crisis between action and tab target where everything just cleaves and aoes and in general is a complete visual mess. Every spell does a dozen different things. You can't move spells around on your bars so you need to play the dumbest rotations Anet can come up with instead of letting players customize for themselves.
>>
File: 1640279874599.gif (576 KB, 500x281)
576 KB
576 KB GIF
>>619178297
I've played since ARR and I have literally never heard of this dumb nigger or this controversy until now.
Granted I absolutely hate the playerbase so that might have something to do with it.
>>
>>619178630
>>619178619
Thanks for confirming it wasn't me anon
convenient timing
>>619178657
>Granted I absolutely hate the playerbase so that might have something to do with it.
It does
>>
File: booby hill.jpg (51 KB, 900x910)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>F2P third worlder getting BTFO nonstop
>14 and WoW bros discuss their games civilly
Weird thread
>>
>>619178713
>being smug about paying a subscription in games that have cash shops
You can be free2play/buy2play+cash shop or subscription minus the cash shop. Not both.
>>
File: DV_r9dmU8AAJUWr.jpg (129 KB, 848x1200)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>619178630
XIV is an mmorpg from the moment you finish the first quest and leave the single player instance. Also, paying to skip the story is looked down on in the community and never encouraged by the game's devs.
>>
>>619178630
>What the fuck are you even talking about?
You know exactly what i'm talking about faggot. I've played the fucking game i'm well aware how it works, thus so should you. If you don't log on to 'claim' the latest story step before the next one comes out you can longer claim it for free, it then moves to the gem store where you have to unlock it with gems.
FFXIV expansions are all included with the game you dumb fuck you don't have to buy every expansion, you just buy the game and then buy a new expansion when it comes out in the future. All patch content in said expansions is included you don't have to pay extra for them or have to 'claim' them by a certain time frame.
>>
>>619178713
>make thread
>different audience uses your thread
Who are the third worlders again? id guess its the tards who cant read.
>>
>>619178713
I think most mmos have redeeming qualities and think that competition is good. Funnily enough, XIV isn't even my favorite mmo. That would be the first iteration of the Secret World (RIP)
>>
>>619178713
I wish I had that one GW2 webm
It's dated at this point but it's still a great example of the gameplay
>>
>>619178892
>Make an mmo thread to attract mmo players to the game you like
>Take pointless potshots at 2 extremely popular mmos instead of focusing solely on discussing the game.
>Fans of said mmos debate your position
It doesn't take rocket appliances to see what went wrong
>>
File: a gift for my bottom.png (827 KB, 1024x632)
827 KB
827 KB PNG
>>619178937
OP here is Secret World Legends doing okay? Did it ever get new content? I liked Secret World. Funcom makes janky shit but it's always fun
>>619178827
>buy2play MMO where you get free content for staying active
>this is somehow inferior to paying a perpetual subscription+box price for expansions
?
>>619179062
Not my fault XIVtroons and WoWbucks can't maintain their composure. Your vertical progression skinner box bullshit is indefensible and I'll gladly debate that position at every opportunity.
>>
>>619178774
>>619178892
(You)
>>
File: 1669000464714149.jpg (26 KB, 326x313)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>619173478
>another rent free FFXIV thread
>>
>>619179249
>pulling the troon card when defending a game unironically written by trannies that make stories centered on trans, gay, and cripple characters
uh oh
>>
>>619179249
>SWLegends
Actively deleted old content. Game is super dead. Widely agreed to be a cash grab re release.
>Cab't maintain their composure.
You're the one without a coherent argument, friend. Stop using buzzwords and formulate an argument that isn't based on cherrypicked screenshots and hyperbolic statements. Or better yet, just stop being that guy saying "stop liking what I don't like."
>>
File: 5e2.jpg (106 KB, 554x439)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>Hehe t-troons! aaah..ermm.. trannies and cash shops!!! aaaaahh..p-please play my game.. it's so lonely.
>>
LOTRO > gaywars2
>>
File: reencoded image.jpg (249 KB, 520x526)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>619179516
>>pulling the troon card when defending a game unironically written by trannies that make stories centered on trans, gay, and cripple characters
And the playerbase hates it while FFXIV is primarily populated by weebs (pedophiles), faggots, unfuckable women and troons
>>619179609
I can get behind this
>>
File: 1668727354393027.png (2.93 MB, 1920x1080)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB PNG
>120 posts
>31 psoters
>>
File: 099.gif (610 KB, 480x228)
610 KB
610 KB GIF
>>619173478
>ArenaNet shill
>Fucking GW2
>>
File: trollshaws.jpg (2.02 MB, 1920x1080)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
>>619179609
I wish LOTRO aged as well as Guild Wars 2
I'd play it 24/7/365 no cap
the game itself is great, the UI is what fucking sucks
>>
>>619179062
>"guild wars 2"
>lets talk about wow and final fantasy
>its an mmo thread
you cant read.
>>
>>619179705
pretty sad innit
>>
how's the fishing in the next expac? is the still pozzed with the jewstore? any idea if they're going to be adding any more living world bullshit? but about future expacs?
>>619179769
correct, the UI is absolutely dogshit and needs to be revamped. but the world itself is comfy, good story as well. wish lotro stole gw2's mount system as well, riding a raptor feels great. and we need norn women in lotro.
>>
File: FLUx1DGWQAII9h-.jpg (107 KB, 900x853)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>619179686
>Buzzwordsbuzzwordsbuzzwords
You're forcing me to break out my smug Sadu
>>
File: mad lad fuller.gif (1.23 MB, 245x265)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB GIF
I got bad news for you OP based on the general consensus of the thread your game is shit and nobody wants to talk about it or play it.
>>
>>619179785
>Post taking shots at other mmos
>Surprised when the topic of discussion becomes other mmos vs GW2
Every post has been on-topic
>>
>>619179913
Completely botched fishing. advertised it as a big expansion feature but its lame compared to other games fishing and the fishing content is jewstore locked. i think theres 2 fishing rods you can get in the game, rest are in jewstore as well as things like infinite bait and lures. theres some cute titles but who cares.
>>
File: 1638132562289.gif (111 KB, 200x219)
111 KB
111 KB GIF
>>619180028
>fishing content is jewstore locked
>>
>>619180017
why are you getting offended at perceived shots at final fantasy did you make the game
>>
File: dale.jpg (720 KB, 2560x1440)
720 KB
720 KB JPG
>>619179913
Supposedly they're fixing the UI next year with a "remastered" update that will revisit old zones too. Don't think the latter is really necessary. The game is pretty good looking as-is.
Fishing is good but locked to End of Dragons because you get the pole and skiff in Cantha. Comfy as hell sitting on your skiff and it's a good money maker. Living World Season 5 starts January in Cantha but it's free if you login. Expansion #4 greenlit EoD was a massive success with a new game being built in Unreal Engine 5. Somehow the game grew 3X what it had at Path of Fire's launch during COVID during a content drought.
>>619180061
It's on sale $23 rn
complete bundle three expansions plus living world for $80
>>
I've got like 8000 hours on gw2 so I'm biased here but it's pretty fun. Game legit used to suck, it's been improving over time. And it had a major change of direction in 2019/2020 that's worked out for the better.
>>
>>619180193
god i love the look of lotro, i wish it was fun to play.
>>
>>619175483
I completely missed LWS1 so I dropped into HoT having no idea who the fuck any of those (new) marvel knockoffs were who were apparently replacing the old destiny's edge marvel knockoffs. That said HoT itself was really good. Lots of Apocalypse Now/Heart of Darkness vibes.
>>
File: 40e.jpg (219 KB, 1363x1400)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>619180074
I'm not offended, I'm discussing OP's stance. Just because I disagree with his opinions and rhetoric doesn't mean I've taken it as a personal slight.
>>
I reinstalled this after a 6 year hiatus, uninstalled it again within an hour. Then I reinstalled GW1 and got lost in it for weeks.
>>
>>619180295
ok do you want to talk about gw2 or ff
theres probably a ff thread up for you
>>
>>619180248
Explain to me anon why did the game grow so much during a content drought?
>>619180261
https://www.thegamer.com/lord-of-the-rings-online-major-revamp-amazons-lotr-series/ getting ported to consoles makes me assume it'll get an overhauled combat system along with the new UI major investments into LOTRO coming soon >Budget from cancelled Marvel MMORPG will be redistributed in LOTRO and DC Universe.
>>619180340
based but GW2 is still pretty good
>>
File: 1446857656468.gif (1019 KB, 500x281)
1019 KB
1019 KB GIF
>Makes fun of WoW adding Dragonriding
>$23+tip to fish in GW2
>>
File: 1662056994854.jpg (824 KB, 1585x1895)
824 KB
824 KB JPG
>>619173705
>>
File: norn_girl.png (516 KB, 418x662)
516 KB
516 KB PNG
>>619180352
I was actually pretty interested in discussing GW2 before OP's arguments became obnoxious. I rolled a norn warrior and have just reached 20% global map completion. Game is pretty fun so far.
>>
>>619180447
>Dragonflight focuses almost entirely on a single mount ripped straight outta GW2
>GW2 has half a dozen mounts that play and control just as good
Fishing was a very small part of End of Dragons. Hardly received any attention in marketing it. See the difference?
>>
>>619180447
>$60+tip for single dragon mount in wow
no ones better than the other here but it does look sad that wows expansion feature is blatantly ripped from a 10 year old free game.
>>
>>619180563
they did that a few years ago with XIV's relic weapons
>>
>>619180725
????
>>
>>619180562
Wasn't it one of the major pushed features, comparable to the push mounts got for PoF?
>>
>>619180725
ffxiv is not a free game and is not 10 years old, i wouldnt say the original game counts they relaunched it.
>>
>>619178465
Don't forget the expansion story cutscenes are unskippable
>>
>>619180812
Skyscales weren't free content either. And ARR came out a year after GW2 so quibbling over 9 years vs 10 is a little silly.
>>
>>619180812
pretty sure ARR came out 9 years ago
>>
>>619173478
Also M+ dungeons were stolen from gw2 as well. Either way fuck off with the shilling. I don't want these spastic memetards ruining it further. Steam release is bad enough. Have you never been in a 4chan guild? Its full of meme spamming trogs. Think of the worst aspects of posts on this site and realize its all coming from a particular type of person. The type of person to proudly proclaim themselves as 4channers to their friends and family.
>>
>>619180980
so wows off the hook or are we arguing semantics? the thread seemed to agree gw2 was a f2p game.
>>
File: 1662426731850.jpg (144 KB, 763x824)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>have to buy the expansion and THEN pay more just to fish in GW2
>>
File: nightmare.jpg (37 KB, 469x359)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>another thread crying about FFXIV
>>
oi you got a fishin' loicense, guildie? if'n not we gonna haf ta take ye in, m8.
>>
>>619181015
No, just GW2 isn't special because WoW ripped off a feature from it

just like Warhammer Age of Reckoning isn't special because GW2 ripped off public quests from it
>>
>>619181025
no you dont.
>>
>>619181090
nobody said gw2 is special because wow ripped a feature from it.
>>
File: 1666077551753.png (50 KB, 400x284)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>gw2 is anti fishing
>>
>>619180778
confused by your post but EoD added
Cantha continent + MSQ https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/c/ce/Cantha_map.jpg
Siege Turtle mount
Fishing
9 new subclasses
4 new strike missions
Guild hall
Jade Bots
and entitlement to Season 5 of living world (more stuff) as long as you login while it's running each episode
Also how in the fuck are FFXIV's flying mounts comparable to GW2's mounts? XIV's mounts fucking suck https://youtu.be/-ZvuZKtPetE
>>619181094
You do.
>>619181090
Didn't AoR steal that from RIFT?
No one's saying GW2 is special it's just funny that Blizzard is marketing dragonflight so heavily when we got that shit plus seven other mounts for $29.99 in a buy2play expansion
>>
>>619181246
you only need to buy the expansion. what is the other mandatory fee?
>>
>>619180412
game sucked a tonne and NCSoft came in and banhammered Anet.The second half of Icebrood Saga is such a noticeable quality drop, it blows. 400+ layoffs if I recall and NCSoft cancelled every non-gw2 project. Since then they've been doing better on longterm QoL, going back and sorting out old content (reworking and re-releasing season 1), and generally modernzing the game. Covid also saw a huge spike in player numbers and those two things timed out really well. A surge in returning players and they finally see some change in direction.

The newest expansion was still kind of mediocre overall but its story was the best its ever been in terms of non-cringe dialogue, the new elite specs are a lot of fun and bring the skill floor for endgame content way down (not a bad thing imo). I just didn't like the maps, they feel empty.
>>
>>619181246
who the hell brought up XIV's mounts
>>
>>619181309
I forgot to add, they also did a full re-release of all living story content from S2 onwards for the first time ever, so players could get all of LS2/LS3/LS4 by playing along for free. And added a collection with a legendary reward for players who'd already done it once to redo. Easiest legendary in the game to get, requires re-completing key parts of every single story chapter. Great marketing strategy for once.
>>
>>619181309
I'm losing track of the conversation but this seems to imply GW2 stole skyscale from FFXIV >>619180980
You're right I misread the post you were replying to >>619181283
You only need to buy the expansion there's no "fishing add on"
>>
>>619173478
The game is a graveyard of content, with different kinds of content being abandoned all the time.
Also the game consists of grinding gold and pretty much nothing else
>>
>>619181485
>The game is a graveyard of content
I think you're talking about WoW and FFXIV which abandon content every time there's a new expansion pack anon. GW2's zones are ALL alive and well.
>>
>>619181309
>its story was the best its ever been in terms of non-cringe dialogue
Don't you have a bigot to beat up?
>>
>>619181679
>triggered /pol/cel bigot
>>
>>619181642
come on dude. whens that new gw2 raid coming out?
>>
>>619181642
When was the last time there was a new dungeon? Or raid wing? Or fractal?
>>
>>619181710
We got 4 mini raids in EoD with more to come in living world 5 (for free, if you login)
>>619181731
Disingenuous post considering we just got 4 mini-raids and already have 21 fractals with 4 difficulty tiers with daily modifiers. Literally hundreds of permutations. Shouldn't that supplement the desire for new dungeons and raids?
>>
>>619181642
Ah yes, I can't wait to run around in circles with a large group spamming 1 in the same zones we've been doing it in for months/years. Quality """content""" indeed fellow GW2 enjoyer!

Huh? Dungeons? Raids? Fractals? PvP maps? WvW updates? Non gem store items? What the fuck are you talking about bro we got a map to run around in!!!!
>>
>>619181642
Oh right, I forgot that the "zones" is the only content that still gets updated regularly. Mindless running around it sure is exciting content.
>>
GW2 was one of the worst MMORPGs I have ever played.
>>
>>619181923
>>619181959
>Ah yes, I can't wait to run around in circles with a large group spamming 1 in the same zones we've been doing it in for months/years. Quality """content""" indeed fellow GW2 enjoyer!
Tell me your favorite game so I can be as much of a reductionist faggot as you are being about GW2 anon.
>Huh? Dungeons? Raids? Fractals? PvP maps? WvW updates?
See >>619181874 also they just spent the last year updating WvW wtf are you talking about
>>619181986
pleb filtered
>>
how many currencies are currently in guild wars 2?
>>
>remove female "idle stretch" animation from the game because so fucks don't like it being applied during certain scenario

Fuck anet.
>>
File: 1643883838240.jpg (259 KB, 1607x1016)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>619173478
Maybe if the devs would stop abandoning every form of content they add to the game, and make everything worth grinding for Gemstore items, people would still actually play it.
>>
>>619181874
strikes are 1 boss sitting in a room, deliberately not named raids. you cant call other people disingenuous lol
>>
>>619182168
I started counting for you but stopped
sorry anon
>>
>>619182270
>it's okay when The Elder Scrolls Online and XIV do it
So in other words 4 raid encounters equivalent to one decently sized raid
>>
>>619181874
>already have 21 fractals with 4 difficulty tiers
I like how you avoid saying that they didn't add new shit, over half of them were released in 2012 and 2013.
>>
>>619182394
It's a daily system nowadays, still relevant content-wise people are still running for essences and the loot they give. Replaced by strikes which reward ascended gear.
>13 added since Path of Fire
see my point?
>>
File: 1653526081879.png (269 KB, 800x450)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>619173478
I played it back in the day. Abusing peppers to cheese endgame content was funny. Got bored and uninstalled.
>>
>>619182546
>see my point?
I don't because most of the strikes are a joke difficulty wise.
>>
>>619182331
i didnt mention those games.
>>
>>619182601
consider reinstalling the game is damn near unrecognizable depending on how long ago you quit
>>619182624
strikes have difficulty tiers too
>>619182674
You didn't have to. That's the competition.
>>
>>619182546
>some were added years ago though so that must count
No, i don't see your point at all.
From all of your posts all i see is you being disingenuous, constantly moving goal posts and trying to ridicule another game for something that your own game not only also does but does way worse every single time.
You just look like a hypocritical schizo retard.
>>
>>619182752
A company isn't eternally obligated to continue making content for *insert system* eternally. You have hundreds of fractal permutations already. Guild Wars 2's model is a hell of a lot better than other games in the genre that literally abandon decades worth of content because muh power creep. You're making perfection the enemy of good.
>>
>>619182723
the original statement was gw2 has a graveyard of content. you talking about how they arent doing raids anymore theyre doing strikes is reaffirming that. other games arent even in question here.
>>
>>619182175
wait, wtf? they removed an emote because?
or was it just an animation?
>>
>>619182853
>instead of older content becoming irrelevant, entire content types are abandoned or just turned into another daily grind that is rarely if ever updated
so much better...
>>
File: 1651790158550.jpg (595 KB, 1952x2486)
595 KB
595 KB JPG
>>619182723
>consider reinstalling
Nah. MMOs are a dead genre.
If I wanted to log in every few days to run a dungeon or raid I would just play a gacha game instead. Same thing but with anime tits.
If I wanted to explore a world, I'd play genshin or one of the dozen open world games released recently.
If I wanted plot I'd just read something.
>>
>>619183043
This but unironically. I bought that content. It shouldn't be invalidated ever. Enjoy being hurdled up in the same 4 zones as everyone else of you dumb faggots who continue to pay for this shit.
>>619183057
Respectable take
>>
>>619183141
Yeah, I bought GW2 at least partially because of the dungeons, I want more of those instead of another daily grindan map
>>
>>619183265
Sorry to hear anon but shouldn't you be playing a game like Vermintide instead if that's what you want?
>>
>>619183776
Dungeons have been replaced by games like Vermintide and Destiny
>>
>>619173478
The steam release should have saved us bros...
>>
File: 1495133533300.jpg (14 KB, 228x206)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>619173478
Not a single god damned armor set is appealing to me in this game. Not a god damned one. Most of the visually "impressive" ones are locked to races that somehow have clipping issues and other problems that make them look like ass. The rest is entirely and wholly Gem Store-locked.
>but you can convert gold to gems!
I don't even like the gem store gear. Aesthetically this game only has the fucking concept art for me. The voice acting is worse than the Pokemon dub. The characters are lifeless with stilted and unnatural dialogue. The world is bizarrely static as shit while claiming to be "alive" with the events where nothing you do makes any fucking difference while claiming you do. You have to grind your ass out on Hero Points on top of leveling just to access any actual fun fucking content. None of the weapons look good outside of starting shit. Many weapons are used for shit they were never fucking meant for. I don't understand how this game gets shilled this hard.
>>
>>619186723
>three times more popular now than Path of Fire's release
Impressive regardless of how miserably Path of Fire sold. It's ten years old now.
>>
lol this is why I quit bros, only play WvWvW
>new expac release
>lock meta talents, classes or whatever the fuck its called behind this expac
>must pay full price when all I want is a few talents to continue playing only WvWvW
fuck living story, fuck raids or dungeons or whatever faggotery its called and fuck fractals. You'd have to be a retard to buy the expac if all you played was WvWvW so I just quit instead.
>>
>>619187384
tbf it's very rare for someone like you to exist
>>
File: 1544798114219.jpg (76 KB, 1200x1200)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>619173478
although i had fun roaming around and leveling up, the cash shop gem shit is so fucking disgusting it turned me off the game entirely.
>>
>>619187651
idk man, I played with a lot of people that just played WvWvW
>>
>>619187815
Strange considering it's probably the least egregious cash shop in MMOs
>>619187847
can confirm but playing devil's advocate I can see why they aren't given everyone 9 subclasses for free
>>
>>619187901
>its ok because other mmos do it
consoom
>>
>>619187946
It's a buy2play game that has less monetization than Path of Exile, a free2play game. Propose your suggestion.
>>
>>619187901
>everyone 9 subclasses for free
see it's not even like that for me, I only have 2 characters and only wanted ones new class/talents w/e. So from the whole expac, all I wanted was class/talents for 1 and I'd have to pay 60$ for this. I can't justify that cost at all, its insanely poor value.
>>
File: lo.jpg (101 KB, 1053x997)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
After playing gw2 for almost a decade I can say quitting it in favor of XIV was the best thing I have ever done. Just awful game where everything is timegated or locked behind insane grinding walls.
And, you don't have Loporrits.
>>
>>619188105
Not him but I don't get your argument. Usually mmos lock entire classes behind expansions but you would prefer every single spec in the game from the expansions were individual microtransactions?
>>
>>619173478
Fuck no, I tried, I really tried, but those two annoying lesbians and the bitchy nigger sapped away all my will to play. Which is a pity because I really liked the whole thing with the dragons.
Other than that, the game is okay but not my cup of tea. While I do understand the appeal, I'm not that into the gameplay. I can only hit things with a staff in so many ways before I get bored to tears.
>>
>>619173478
Is there a sale on EoD or something? I tried getting back into it around the steam release but lost interest when I realized I'd have to grind out another set because my armor was all power, which apparently has been nerfed out of meta.
>>
>>619173478
Cope.
>>
>>619188246

No one asked nigger
>>
>>619188514
I'll try to explain. I bought into the whole
>you grind once, you won't fall behind yadydyadyadyada
so when the new expac was coming and they said you can still play if you bought the original, I thought
>Great, fantastic. Exactly what I wanted so I'll continue to play
then they went ahead and locked the new class shit behind a new expac
>ooo but you can still play perfectly fine without it
yea except the best shit for some classes came in that new expac. So I thought of buying it but as I mentioned, I literally only wanted the talents or w/e for 1 class, I did not partake in any other content from the game. I don't think anyone can justify spending 60$ for 1 classes talents and yea I get I am probably a minority that probably cannot be catered, that's why I just quit.
>>
>>619188246
GW2 is worse than every other MMO on the market because there is no content.
If you like PvP WvWvW can be fun for a while, and the exploration and jumping puzzles are nice, but that can't hold an MMO up forever.
ANET really said
>What if we made XIV but the story is complete woke dogshit? Expanding upon the actual gameplay, what's that?
>>
File: firefox_w6dIQUt9z6.png (1.79 MB, 847x1229)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
>>619188105
What's the alternative though? Paying for each a la carte? >>619188514 exactly this would piss way more people off and it'd probably be more expensive than just buying the expansion for $23 (on sale) or $29.99 (not on sale) assuming the classes were $10-$15/ea
>>619188843
$23 on sale on their website right now
>>619188910
It's not $60. It's $30 and it has always been $30.
>>619189003
Expanding upon the actual gameplay, what's that?
Funny you should ask YoshiP that same question same exact phrasing.
>>
>>619189029
>Funny you should ask YoshiP that same question same exact phrasing.

>new dungeons
>new trials
>new raids
>a ton of casual shit
>more story content
?
Shouldn't you be jumping around on some rocks or looking for a raidgroup for 3 hours because GW2 raiding is scrapped content or something instead of trying to shill here?
>>
>>619189102
>new dungeons
>new trials
>new raids
>a ton of casual shit
>more story content
Cool a bunch of shit that might very well be awesome but requires 150+ hours of boring MSQ shit to even get to Heavensward which is when the game starts getting good. You're looking at 400+ hours until you get to do all that fun stuff.
>>
>>619189186
>Cool a bunch of shit that might very well be awesome but requires 150+ hours of boring MSQ shit to even get to Heavensward
Did you even read what I wrote before posting your bot-tier reply, nigger?
I said "more story content"
This is a story game
Just like Chud Wars 2 (Beat up the Bigot Edition) tried to be
>>
>>619189029
so you buy all the xpacs for cash then buy all the season garbage living world shit for gems?
>>
File: FSDHMZdaUAAy-BT.jpg (42 KB, 800x450)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>
>>619189029
It was actually $49.99 and the alternative? idk, like I said I could not be catered to so I just quit. Not my job to make the cost of the expac justifiable, its up to them. They done nothing for WvWvW with the expac and just made it worse for everyone who didn't shell out 49.99 for talents.
>>
File: 1663809202030.jpg (206 KB, 972x677)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>619189029
what the fuck?
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/27271/Guild_Wars_2__Complete_Collection/
>>
>>619189186
Oh yeah also "until you get to do all that fun stuff"
>new dungeons
The dungeons already in the game are already new to you retard, you do them while you level instead of the most recent ones
Are you a wow player? Why are you shilling gw2? Is all content in gw2 that's not current dead content like it is in wow? In XIV it isn't
>new trials
The trials already in the game are already new to you retard, you do them while you level instead of the most recent ones
Are you a wow player? Why are you shilling gw2? Is all content in gw2 that's not current dead content like it is in wow? In XIV it isn't
>new raids
The raids already in the game are already new to you retard, you do them while you level instead of the most recent ones
>a ton of casual shit
The casual content already in the game are already new to you retard, you do them while you level instead of the most recent ones
>more story content
The story already in the game are already new to you retard, you do them while you level instead of the most recent ones
>>
>>619189289
>This is a story game
I'll be generous and say 98% instead of 99%
98% of it is a single player RPG
the remaining 2% of it is dungeons, raids and social bullshit that you won't experience until you've completed hundreds of hours of MSQ garbage.
>>619189301
Yes alternatively $79.99 for everything including LW S1-4
>>619189335
I'm not arguing that you even should but I pre-ordered the expansion for $29.99 back in October last year.
>Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons is available for purchase at guildwars2.com/end-of-dragonsfor $29.99. The Deluxe Edition ($54.99) adds an additional character slot and an Identity Repair Kit. The End of Dragons Ultimate Edition ($79.99) includes the exclusive Standard and Deluxe Edition items, plus 4,000 Gems, Guild Wars 2's premium in-game store currency.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/guild-wars-2-end-of-dragons-third-expansion-to-the-award-winning-mmorpg-launches-today-301491707.html
wtf I thought you were talking about End of Dragons.
>>619189438
That's with Living World included.
>>
Post Asuras, faggots.
>>
>>619189463
>I'll be generous and say 98% instead of 99%
>98% of it is a single player RPG
>the remaining 2% of it is dungeons, raids and social bullshit that you won't experience until you've completed hundreds of hours of MSQ garbage.
>>619189463
>the remaining 2% of it is dungeons, raids and social bullshit that you won't experience until you've completed hundreds of hours of MSQ garbage.
>>619189463
>>619189463
>>
>>619189463
>The dungeons already in the game are already new to you retard, you do them while you level instead of the most recent ones
Yeah sure bro that's why everyone does the same five dungeons for the first 150 hours of the game on leveling roulette. Then as I said, the game unlocks after you've put ridiculous amounts of time into it.
>The raids already in the game are already new to you retard, you do them while you level instead of the most recent ones
I literally just got done with Heavensward and I've been doing the same repeatable shit for the past 200+ hours. Shut the fuck up you disingenuous faggot.
>>
>>619189471
>Yes alternatively $79.99 for everything including LW S1-4
so the shit you screen shot for 30 is a fucking rip off then?
>>
>>619189471
Its been so long man I don't even know which expac it is anymore, all I know is I quit then because of what I've mentioned here a few times over and over already and have not picked the game up since.
>>
>>619189543
Do you want the living world shit? If yes then yes.
If no then no. Personally I think you can live without LW content but that's just me.
>>
>>619189598
so, new players think cool. i'll but the cheap shit.
then find out they are missing areas/stories etc etc
what a fucking scumbag scam to get end users into their ingame store.
>>
>>619189559
Check out TESO's Cyrodiil three faction PvP mode only alternative besides that was Crowfall and that died or Dark Age of Camelot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9utl3m08Vu0
>>
There are people who still play GW2?
lol
>>
>>619189471
>>619189514
Read it and weep nigger
I played GW2 since the beta btw your game is shit (except for exploration and PvP neither which last) and I know it

>>619189539
>Yeah sure bro that's why everyone does the same five dungeons for the first 150 hours of the game on leveling roulette.
... what? What the fuck are you even trying to say? What?
>the game unlocks after you've put ridiculous amounts of time into it
The game unlocks when you make a character, retard. There's content from start to finish.
What "gets good" later are the classes since you barely have skills early, and the story, since it had yet to find it's footing
Is everything you know about the game from random rant youtube videos?
>I literally just got done with Heavensward and I've been doing the same repeatable shit for the past 200+ hours.
Oh yeah? What "repeatable shit", retard?
>200 hours in HW
LOL I have friends with less playtime than you that have beaten endwalker
>>
>>619189668
>what a fucking scumbag scam to get end users into their ingame store.
It's clearly communicated in your store you spastic. $79.99 for every bit of content ever produced for a ten year old game is a steal.
>>619189703
#4/#5 most played MMORPG depending on what day you check the stats
>>619189708
>LOL I have friends with less playtime than you that have beaten endwalker
I'm sure you do, because they paid about a hundred bucks to skip Final Fantasy 14's dogshit MSQ. They sell skips for that purpose you know.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/tales_of_adventure/
Suck my entire cock you troon fag, afterwards fuck off and play your shitty vnovel
>>
>>619189820
>I'm sure you do, because they paid about a hundred bucks to skip Final Fantasy 14's dogshit MSQ.
Nope they started playing with me and then suddenly bam they were done. You're probably just some lying faggot or some ADHD retard who can't just stick to a class and do the MSQ
It shits out XP for a reason
>y-------yOU'RE A TROON
Coming from a GW2 player that's rich
Here's a hint, there's a reason you felt the need to bring up other MMO in your GW2 thread, because the game sucks
>>
File: anything else.png (263 KB, 385x526)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
>>619173478
>it's much better than your XIV visual novel """""""game"""""".
its not, played both.
>>
File: ARR MSQ.jpg (1.97 MB, 3766x3808)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>>619189708
>A Realm Reborn avg story length 64h
>2.1 10h
>2.2 11h
>2.3 8h
>2.4 11h
>Heavensward 68h
>3.1 6h
>3.2 4h
>3.3 5h
>3.4 5h
>Stormblood 61h
>>619189948
Should I keep going you fucking faggot? We're up to 253h already with post-patches and two more expansions to go.
>>
>>619189820
>It's clearly communicated in your store you spastic. $79.99 for every bit of content ever produced for a ten year old game is a steal.
no it's not a steal. that is on sale(on steam) lmao
fucking scumbag tactic selling shit like that.
who the fuck would use steam willingly?
>use a launcher to launch a launcher
hahaha
>>
>>619173705
This picture is seven years out of date
>>
File: 1585014263470.jpg (27 KB, 400x524)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>619173478
>Alright alright I know ArenaNet is pozzed as hell and the writing sucks
It has legitimately the worst writing I have ever seen in a published game.
I don't mind pretty cheesy stories, so I kind of liked the main quest of the base game. I bought the living worlds story pack thinking it would more of the same, I thought "its only $20", and it was the worst $20 I have spent in my entire life. I STILL think back on it and wish I could get my time and money back off of this game, I HATE this game, and further more I HATE that is living in my head, rent free, raising its ugly head every-time I go to spend 15-20 dollars.
>>
>>619190041
>who the fuck would use steam willingly?
I don't know you're the dipshit looking at a MMO's steam page while saying this
>>
>>619190016
>We're up to 253h already with post-patches and two more expansions to go
I never said he watched the cutscenes, retard. He came in, leveled a white mage to 90 at lightning speeds, then left.
If you're taking 200 hours to reach HW you're just retarded and I'm sorry for your loss.
>>
File: aneurysm.gif (2.75 MB, 498x353)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB GIF
>>619173478
>Guild Wars 2 has the best progression system
how the fuck do you delude yourself this much to believe this lie. you don't even need ascendant gear, and if you do want some then it's just a time gated grind. fucking boring and it all feels pointless. pvp was the only good thing and it's still fucked
>>
>>619190071
>skipping cutscenes in a storyfag game
>GOTCHA
Unironically go kill yourself
>>
File: 1655673856317.jpg (81 KB, 700x997)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>619190069
>100USD
>for a decade old game
>WHAT A BARGAIN
go to bed Anet
>>
>>619190114
>gotcha
It's not a gotcha you dumb fuck, I said he took less hours than you to beat the game
He did
Then you went "OH OH BUT LOOK AT THIS LIST FROM UHH... SOMEWHERE"
You're the one who's saying the story is shit then you're saying "WELL YEAH OK BUT THE STORY THO"
Pick a lane
>Unironically go kill yourself
If I had to shill GW2 of all games for a living I would
Go play ESO at least if you want something different instead of guild fucking wars 2
>>
>>619190079
>you don't even need ascendant gear, and if you do want some then it's just a time gated grind.
How is accessible gear a bad thing? Take your gear treadmill and shove it up your ass you dopamine riddled moron.
>>
>>619179943
can i get more smug sadus?
>>
>>619190187
>Then you went "OH OH BUT LOOK AT THIS LIST FROM UHH... SOMEWHERE"
Crowdsourced data you fucking idiot. Again, kindly go kill yourself you spastic retard.
https://howlongtobeat.com/game/12654
>>
File: reggie-not-fun.gif (3.78 MB, 498x278)
3.78 MB
3.78 MB GIF
>>619190203
retard missing the point. gear being accessible isn't a bad thing, it's the way of accessing the gear being fucking boring is the problem. if you have the resistance to boredom like a fucking monk then you can make legendaries
>muh dopamine
see gif rel. video games shouldn't be a job
>>
File: seras.jpg (265 KB, 1534x1788)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
I need to go to bed so I'm leaving this here to counteract the shilling, my honest thoughts

>gear is boring and doesn't matter
>IS ALSO UGLY TO BOOT
>also for fashion there is cash shop shit so beware there
>gear progression is also kinda shit? i don't care about "number go up" but 'horizontal progression' here just means 'shit doesn't matter' so you might care
>story is boring and shit + woke if you care about that
>overworld is ok to explore but you can only really do it once
>PvP is ok or at least used to be but you die fast, it's bursty
>balance was shit but I don't know how it is right now
>minigame stuff is... okay, jumping puzzles are the best on the market but I don't know if they still make them
>events were fun but I don't know if there's any new ones
>mounts are cool
>PvE is insanely boring and raiding is dead content
>combat is... eh? fine, maybe? you don't have a lot of buttons, combat is better vs other players than it is vs mobs

I'm not here to shill for you, play it if you want, I have and I honestly wouldn't.
>>
>this guy trying to shill GW2 this hard
Just sad and pathetic honestly. I've played every notable MMO on the market over the years, i have no loyalty or bias to any of them in particular i just see what they're about and play them as long as they provide me fun.

FFXIV is objectively the best currently, no contest. There is a reason it's the biggest and most growing one. I'd put WoW at #2 just for lack of better options.
GW2 is so shit i'd put SWToR above it.
>>
>>619190572
Pleb status: filtered
>>
>>619190604
>GW2 is so shit i'd put SWToR above it.
SWTOR is unironically good for the story and the PvP (the PvP has a kind of "oldschool" feel to it where people don't die quick but you're also not just pressing the "i'm going POGGERS" button to do damage like in nuWoW)
>>
>>619190604
>muh TORtanic
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/huge-mmo-star-wars-the-old-republic-has-made-close/1100-6471011/ cope and seethe
>>
>>619190619
If a game being bad filters me I'll gladly be filtered.
In a kinder world Elementalist and WvWvW wouldn't be stuck in GW2, yet here we are.
>>
>mfw
>I just wanted warhammer online to not fail
>it died on me
>also age of conan
>GW 1 is the bestest
>>
>>619190707
Or constantly shit on the older fanbase while shoving fanfic tier stories.
>>
>265 posts
>79 ips
holy shit this is the saddest attempt at shilling i have ever seen
>>
>>619190663
The story(s) are great, the highlight of the game. Everything else as pretty shitty that's why i'd say it's not a great MMO in general, but it's unironically a great game if you're into star wars and want to go through some good stories.
>>
>>619190707
It's not bad. You're just a dopamine addled retard who got triggered because you weren't one shotting enemies.
>>619190792
>Whole thread is 1(?)v100
best kind of threads anon
pleb filtered
>>619190746
blame Funcom for frontloading Age of Conan with Tortage. They should have been realistic with what the rest of the game was gonna be like instead of misleading them for the first five hours.
>>
I'd just like to correct myself on one thing here
>>619190572
I said PvP "is ok", I'd like to change that to "was great but I don't know how it is right now"
I decided to watch a few videos and I started remembering a lot of things
Very fastpaced
>>
>>619190861
>blame Funcom
oh in the beta we tried to tell them. they just wouldn't have any of it
it later earned them the name
>failcom
>>
>>619190861
>It's not bad. You're just a dopamine addled retard who got triggered because you weren't one shotting enemies.
What kind of specter or voice in your head do you need to have to create some conversation that ends up in you saying this?
Where in the hell did you get this from?
GW2 is anything but a difficult game
>>
File: GW2 shill.png (323 KB, 1255x1911)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
>>619190792
They're pretty annoying fucks that outright lie and gaslight any ex-GW2 players when they present any negative thing about GW2.
>>
>>619190949
>muh non existent progression all gear is meaningless ;_;
>>
File: gw478.jpg (769 KB, 1920x1080)
769 KB
769 KB JPG
Somehow this aged MMO is still the best MMO.
I love GW2. Once they finally added action combat it became better than a lot of single player RPGs too.
I don't think any new MMO will ever beat it.

Thief class best class
>>
>>619173876
No Random Arena, no Guild Capes as the furry race, the stinking Char, had clipping issues, no Paragon, or Ritualist, and never fucking ever my beloved Dervish, they also keep attacking Minion Master Necromancer, I bet they sorely regret adding a Necromancer to the game now, also, what the actual fuck is this? They ruined the much beloved Flesh Golem, and that is a unforgivable sin, just like killing of the old GW/Human gods as “tips fedora” is still hip in AssholeNet.
>>
>>619180515
Yeah it's a fun game, felt a bit repetitive after a while/
>>
>>619174513
Not OP but you're dogshit and can't get better at playing your class/build? Need bigger numbers to compensate?
>>
>>619191151
Guild Wars 3 return to form fingers crossed
>>
>>619173478
fuck arenanet, fuck ALL "expansions", fuck the monetization, fuck the horizontal progression, fuck mounts and fuck false promises. every single thing you try to spin as a positive, is really a negative. so above all, fuck you stupid anet shills
>>
File: age.png (20 KB, 312x34)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
GW2 is a-okay. Fucking sick of fighting Maguuma in WvW, tho.
>>
>>619191078
What does the fact that the game uses horizontal progression badly have to do with "u r mad caus u cant kill da mobs" ?
>>
>>619191262
because you're complaining about it being "meaningless"
what would give it meaning? One shotting everything? That's the only possible thing it could mean right?
>>
>>619191184
>Not OP but you're dogshit and can't get better at playing your class/build? Need bigger numbers to compensate?
Not the guy you are replying to and you most definetly are OP but once again what does GW2 doing horizontal progression badly have to do with "not being able to play the game" ?
Especially when it's as easy as it is?
>>
>>619173478
>and monetization
Oy vey
>>
>>619191318
>what would give it meaning?
Items mattering more than being ugly cosmetics is one thing they could do
Or y'know, make the items look good
People still use shit from release lmao
>>
>>619191320
Lrn2read nigger
>>
I never played GW1
Is it worth playing if im stuck in Asia for now and will have high ping connecting to NA or is there some Australian server i can mooch off of?
Or do SEAfags actually have a server in this game?
>>
>>619191320
isn't me
cope
>>619191361
>good monetization
the opposite actually
>>619191367
>Items mattering more than being ugly cosmetics is one thing they could do
Nice you just created endless power creep in the style of elder scrolls online by associating gear sets with passive bonuses instead of the current rune system. Good thing you aren't a game designer to ruin something I'd actually like.
>People still use shit from release lmao
>implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>619191463
>Nice you just created endless power creep
No? Just scale up the mobs as well?
>implying that's a bad thing
Not having release a single piece of fashion superior to things from 10 years ago is quite bad, yes.
>>
>>619191545
>No? Just scale up the mobs as well?
Retard
>Not having release a single piece of fashion superior to things from 10 years ago is quite bad, yes.
Retard with shit tastes, too. Aïe!
>>
>>619191545
>Not having release a single piece of fashion superior to things from 10 years ago is quite bad, yes.
Nice opinion (wrong)
>No? Just scale up the mobs as well?
>just create a dynamic scaling system where the better you get the more difficult things are to kill
meanwhile a level 1 does what you used to do and you're punished for having decent gear, you just created another problem, nice going.
>>
a GW2 thread on /v/? Did the butthurt faggot with the bot finally simmered the fuck down?
>>
>>619191583
>>619191612
You can reply in a single post, I don't mind.
>you are punished for having decent gear
No?
>>
File: SCHIZO_LOL.png (7 KB, 329x125)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>619191670
Take your fucking meds, schizo
>>
>They upgraded from dx9 and the game no longer runs like ass
>Mouse locked camera feels good
>Story is...passable but the VA is amazing
Idk, it still has potential but Anet still has no fucking idea what to do with it other than pump out cash shop items and story chapters. Every time they fuck with pvp balance they just make their game feel watered down. They seem too scared to make any serious change.
>>
File: 1660197632839382.gif (462 KB, 500x500)
462 KB
462 KB GIF
>>619190016
>taking 10 hours on a .1 patch for just the story
Fucking what?
Bruh if this was true this would be the single best game ever since even a .1 patch has like 5 movies worth of a story.
But it's not true how are you taking 10 hours to finish some basic quests and a dungeon/trial?
>>
did they make gearing up easier yet?
I remember trying to outfit a 2nd character and finding it a chore to get the accessories or trinkets or whatever.
>>
>>619191724
Yeah it's really not me but other anon is pretty based ngl
I'm too busy watching the Nier stageplay to be larping as two people
https://youtu.be/WDeSSI-OWVw
>>
>>619191812
>account-wide
>can just buy everything on the auction house
What's the problem? But to answer your question yes if you want ascended gear it's quite trivial these days assuming you're willing to wait like two weeks and play an hour a night.
>>
Are we just going to ignore the customer service rep that keeps mass replying to everyone in the thread?
>>
>>619191853
>get bombarded with questions and attacks
Y-Y-YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO REPLY WTFFFFFFFF SHILL! MODS MODS MODS
>>
>>619191812
There's a 7% difference between full exotics and full ascended/legendary with a full set of stats infusions slotted in. Exotics are really cheap to get.
>>
>>619173478
>physics based mount gameplay with verticality
god DAMN I wish more games did that
>>
>>619191906
At least you have options now
World of Warcraft (shit)
Guild Wars 2 (good)
>>
File: GW1-Defenders_Zeal.jpg (12 KB, 248x250)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>619191082
>Somehow this aged MMO is still the best MMO.
because it still respects my time. yes, there is grinding, but it's optional and you don't need it to "beat" the game. problem is no matter what vocal players out there scream the truth is they WANT gear treadmills to feel like they're achieving something, hence why horizontal progression never catches on.
>>
File: 1640815703883.png (1.01 MB, 750x1024)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>619173478
Best class ever made coming through, thats right keep scrolling faggot.
>>
>>619191906
how gw2 mounts still haven't became a standard is beyond me
>>
>>619191986
>hence why horizontal progression never catches on.
It sucks knowing you're right and everyone else is wrong but nothing ever is done about it. I'm hoping the aging MMO population pushes things in this direction because zoomers are just gonna go play Fortnite and Warzone anyways. Boomers don't have time to be playing 8 hours a night anymore.
>>
>>619191851
>>619191905
It's been a few years for me. Are people actually less anal about exotics?
>>
>>619192031
Miss Ritus like you wouldn't believe.
>>
>>619192118
Yes after the class rebalance
>>
>>619191732
>Every time they fuck with pvp balance they just make their game feel watered down.

I’m a old nexkbeard, and so it really hurts to know this is true, I used to run Superior Rune of the Lich, as it raised Necro minions, and they accounted towards the feats and buffs and Soul Reaping. Then many years down the line, someone other then me put two and two together and realized how amazing the Rune of the Lich could be, and so PvP got swarmed with Necros using the Lich Runes, especially World PvP, and so A-Net beated the ever unliving fuck out of the Lich Runes, thereby fucking me and my nearly decade old build over.

All the while GW 1 A-Net knew better and properly separated PvP and PVE, so someone like me could still enjoy the game and their build, while at the same time not letting it ruin PvP…. Think I’ll reinstall GW 1 now and have a little fun playing the old hybrid classes, Necro/Warrior with Dark Bond and Taste of Death was so much fun.
>>
>>619192118
People are anal about everything with Guild Wars 2. I've never ever seen a more polarizing MMORPG reception in history where you have such extremely divided camps.
>>
>>619191986
>yes, there is grinding, but it's optional
gw2 IS a mobile tier grinding game.
>>
>>619192192
If you want it to be, yes. Then again those people probably also play Genshin Impact.
>>
>>619192118
I've been full legge on all my characters so I can't answer that question. Just know that the average player in WvW (especially roamers) rocks full exotics and curbstomps min-maxed shitters w/o problems. Technically ; ascendeds are only ever needed for Fractals.
>>
>>619192031
low blow anon, low blow
>>
People still play GW2?
>>
>>619192227
i'm not buying gems.
>>
>>619191986
>there is grinding, but it's optional and you don't need it to "beat" the game.
This was explicitly not true for multiple moments in GW2's history. If you wanted to get a set of armour with particular sets (like Celestial for example), you had to grind your crafting skill to maximum and THEN get the crafting mats/recipes too. They kept adding new stat combinations to living story segments too, and each living story segment had its own special snowflake currency you had to grind before you could buy items with those stat combinations. Thoe stat combinations also weren't available with PvP/WvW specific armour boxes.

The day you could get new armour stats from WvW boxes was the best fucking day ever.
>>
>>619192192
>gw2 IS a mobile tier grinding game.
holy fucking hyperbole
>>
>>619192332
Then fucking don't but don't expect to get 10 years of living world content plus three expansions for less than $79.99 which is extremely reasonable you cheap faggot.
>>
>>619192375
it's correct.
no one can answer how many currencies are in the game. why? because there are that many, just like a mobile grinding game.

>>619192430
settle down Anet. you just lost a sale.
LMAO
>>
>>619192303
no it's a shill thread
>>
File: face-birdy.jpg (15 KB, 318x228)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>619192430
>mfw I kept the game installed just to log in and claim episodic content
You know foolin' me.
>>
File: 1668788130205118.gif (2.85 MB, 320x383)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB GIF
Clocked in 11k hours in GW2 since launch, AMA
>>
>>619192541
main class?
>>
>>619192518
Based anyone who doesn't have Living World content and seethes about having to pay deserves it.
>>619192501
Every map has its own currencies and there's well over 30 maps. There's map specific currencies and general currencies. There's seven general currencies and that includes shit like gold, karma and PvP stuff.
>>
>>619192541
oh yeah?
ok buster then why did a.net kill elementalist?
answer THAT one real quick
>>
>>619192303
funniest thing about gw2 is that it's effectively an alternative mmorpg when you look at its traditional competition out there
>>
>>619192541
what's the best gamemode and why is it pvp and WHY IS IT STILL SO BAD GOD WHY
>>
>>619192573
>Every map has its own currencies and there's well over 30 maps. There's map specific currencies and general currencies. There's seven general currencies and that includes shit like gold, karma and PvP stuff.
how many are time gated?
like mobile games
>>
>>619192610
nah m8
WvW
>>
>>619192635
>how many are time gated?
None
>>
>>619192573
They really need to join those goddamn currencies. People will play content if they like it.
>>
>>619192639
is it worth replaying gw2 only for the wvw?
>>
>>619192660
bloodstones?
>>
File: this bitch.png (63 KB, 337x216)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>619173478
Core combat is pretty decent, strong character customization lets you play pretty princess dress up endlessly, mounts were very well implemented, and no sub fee is nice. Literally everything else is mediocre to bad. I'm very glad I quit before getting sucked into buying End of Dragons. People should hang for what they did to Cantha.

t. played the game >500 hours up until a bit before Living World Season 5
>>
>>619192681
Yes but join a very active server and/or active WvW-related guild.
>>
>>619192681
>is it worth replaying gw2 only for the wvw?
Why aren't you playing DAoC or Warhammer's RvR instead?
>>
>>619192701
my problem with combat is the way arena net quickly backed out of any complexity because mouthbreathing retards were dying in starting zones. I'd be damned if your average player today even uses field combos or synergies.
>>
>>619192687
He's right, you know.
>>
>>619192681
If you like it
>>
>>619192610
>PvP is still a shitfest of spamming cooldowns and dodge rolls
>Every game mode is king of the hill
>Since king of the hill is the only game mode, builds that just sit on points are way better than builds that kill
>They had to remove all the healing amulets because healers could sustain themselves indefinitely (lol no resource management)
>All tournaments are now automated and cheating is everywhere
>Guys on your team will pay you to disconnect because it stops their placements from going down
>That esports PvP event ArenaNet sponsored after HoT came out where no one captured a point for 5 (FIVE) minutes when a match only goes for 15 minutes
>>
>>619173478
How is the pvp for this game? I remember that the pvp was a big deal when it first was announced.
>>
>>619192560
Engineer, baby (and before all that rifle mech bullshit).

>>619192580
Elementalists only faded to obscurity because other specs were buffed to hell and back. I'm expecting some more revamps to Eles (just like Firebrands are getting at the end of this month) soon but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

>>619192610
GW2 is a pretty casual mmo for the most part and the casual playerbase tend not to try out pvp (but they'll be more eager to play WvW at least), keeping the pvp population low and full of sweaty tryhards + wintraders + bots. It's kinda like Destiny where PVE players complain they have to do PVP for their exotic weapon quest steps.
>>
>>619192985
Do you like three faction PvP similar to Dark Age of Camelot?
>>
If any of you needs help for anything, whisper me in-game. I'm bored af.
Haldis Skygrip
>>
>>619193031
I have no idea what Dark Age of Camelot is.
>>
>>619192991
>Engineer
Okay, cool in my book.
12k of playtime and a Thief main.
>>
>>619193060
Three factions fighting over keeps and castles and shit in a territory control map with a supply chain metagame.
>>
>>619192985
The post above yours explains it pretty well.
>>
>>619193108
I guess that sounds fun.

>>619193113
I'll check it out.
>>
>>619193167
It's worth mentioning that there's two kinds of PvP. The three factions fighting over territory is World versus World. It's decently fun, but it's primarily big zerg groups chasing each other around the map at the end of the day. Then there's just straight PvP, which puts you in team matches.
>>
>>619193406
Adding onto this I'd recommend The Elder Scrolls Online over Guild Wars 2 for the three faction PvP stuff if that's your thing. Higher skill ceiling and build variety less zerging.
>>
>>619193505
I like ESO, but hate the combat.
Every weapon feels like a big sledge hammer.
>>
>>619193573
Well I guess at that point you gotta weigh what you value more
less zerging or combat you don't really enjoy
>>
>>619193625
I enjoy both games enough.
Just like GW2 more.
I think ESO would do well with slightly faster attack animations. (regular/power attacks, not spells and class abilities)
>>
>>619193573
Same. Classes and builds are lame and the combat is really not fun at all with the sclaing. Feels like for the majority of the game nothing you do pick or do matters since you beat everything anyway.
>>
kek my sides at the manifesto
https://litter.catbox.moe/8y3doy.mp4
>>
>>619194595
>muh boosts
Do you know how many of those I've been given just for logging in? Doesn't make it right but no one's buying them at the rate they're being given as login rewards I assure you.
>>
File: 1662240505332.png (281 KB, 599x528)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
>>619173478
all i'm gonna say is that GW2 is a much better game than xiv, which is a dogshit visual novel more than a game, and its doing a terrible job at that too with garbage story pacing and unvoiced, janky cutscenes
its also full of unhinged trannies that worship a bugman that doesnt give a fuck about them but they dilate uncontrollably at any ounce of criticism about their shitty dead game
>>
>>619193743
To me ESO died with One Tamriel update. Level scaling an entire MMORPG, minus dungeons, is absolute garbage.
>>
I really liked exploring core zones but then heart of thorns zones were just corridors with walls made of mountains, debris or whatever everywhere, it was just not fun to explore
I stopped at the first map of living world 3 I think because again the exploration sucked, the story was still shit and achievements were pure grind
>>
>>619173478
Because it's a horrific mockery of my favourite game of all time, Guild Wars. I sincerely hope you get into a car accident and die.
>>
>>619195571
and I hated that there's no real ranged or caster option like ranger or necromancer from GW1, in GW2 you are forced to use melee because it deals the most damage and everyone has to stack in the same place because of boons so in the end every class plays the same
>>
>>619173478
>rather than upping your numbers
Gay, big numbers are the only reason to play games.
>>
GW2 is the best mmo on the market right now because it fucking respects your time. I can go away and not play it for a while, and come back and pick up right where I left off. No fucking gear grinds, no fucking catch-up, no queuing while afk in cities. Just pick a goal (any goal) and go do what you wanna do. And if you don't want to do something? DON'T FUCKING DO IT. This is something other MMOs I've played struggled extremely hard with. They're filled with "necessary" tasks, stuff you "need" to do to have fun with the game. In wow, it was the fucking dungeon grind for getting gear and constant weeklies/daylies to keep up with for rep or whatever. In FFXIV, it was the endless story quests and daily dungeon queueing for gear. In GW2, there are dailies, but I haven't done any of them in years. I just run fractals when there's fun ones in the rotation, an occassional raid or strike when I feel like it and run around maps looking for cool shit. I've been fishing some, and that's max comfy, you can shittalk in map chat in Ember bay or something and watch people on the shore running around doing events.
>>
>>619195656
GW2>>>>>>>gw
>>
>>619174513
apes like this with ADHD are the cancer of mmos
>>
>>619180193
>Expansion #4 greenlit EoD was a massive success with a new game being built in Unreal Engine 5. Somehow the game grew 3X what it had at Path of Fire's launch during COVID during a content drought.
source?
>>
>>619196072
I wouldn't really take anything as fact. ArenaNet had multiple projects going on and they all got cancelled.
>>
I bought shitcoins for half of my gold and a few months later it started dropping, haven't played since then
>>
>>619173478
>but Guild Wars 2 has the best gameplay
Why do you lie in your first sentence, anetdrone?
>>
>>619173478
You cant talk about an mmo on this board. The salty gw1 fags are one thing but the FF14 drones shit up anything. It's insane how bad these anons are.
>>
File: 1605474121442.png (188 KB, 615x617)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>619192701
>posts somethign super retarded
>is also CSM tard
As usual.
>>
>>619173478
bro why are you shilling on /v/, not only does /v/ just do the opposite to whatever you shill and they are all eternally malding that GW2 is nothing like GW1. Shill it literally anywhere else and you will get better discussion and chance of new players.
>>
File: 1657528034713.gif (642 KB, 915x919)
642 KB
642 KB GIF
>>619195048
Dont forget that many of these FF14 addicts worship pic related.
>>
File: Primeval Dervish Outfit.jpg (127 KB, 1200x675)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>619195740
true and basedpilled
>>619196072
https://www.pcgamesn.com/guild-wars-2/expansion-4-steam-release
https://www.pcgamesn.com/guild-wars-2/3-unreal-engine-5
>>619191151
Here's your Dervish bro
>>
Guild Wars 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>eating dogshit for breakfast>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>blowing my dad for fun>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>playing FFXIV the vnovel
>>
>>619200320
>posters count didn't go up
Not a shill thread at all.
>>619195208
Yeah. That was retarded.
>>
>>619201029
>posters count didn't go up
>Not a shill thread at all.
Autism
>>619195208
Scaling down would be okay but scaling everything up to CP160 is retarded. Now the game is too powercreepy to enjoy if you have a brain.
>>
>>619201127
You're the one who is shilling this garbage game for free. Anyway, good parts of GW2:
>some of the land bosses
>map wide events in HoT
>killing Salad Jesus
>kicking the crap out of his past self
>jumping puzzles
>exploration is fun until you realise that locations and events are repetitive and you're just doing a checklist
Rest is either medicore or bad. I'd probably enjoy the story more if not for the bunch of retards I was forced to babysit after the main story. And Destiny Morons in the og weren't much better.
>>
>>619201826
>thread has been up for over 12 hours
I-IT MUST BE A SHILL CAMPAIGN
>>
I don't understand how people think GW2 combat is good
>>
>>619202021
Why not? It has weight, encourages movement and combos with a high skill ceiling, weapon swaps provide lots of build variety, it's fast paced and it has an optional action camera toggle.
>>
>>619201976
>CAMPAIGN
Not really. I think you're a single dedicated autist. Why are you here anyway? I Heard that the big bad bot is gone, so you can jerk off to Tybald or whoever your furry husbendo is in /vg/.
>>
>2022 playing a dead mmo.

Sorry i only play MMO where there is no one playing, i only play mmo where i can show off my cool mount that i got to everyone and i only play active mmo
>>
>>619202110
>It has weight
>zerging a boss is weight
>>
>>619202682
The animations have weight and small mobs and 1v1 you definitely feel it. 50v1 not so much but feel free to show me a game at that scale that does.
> I Heard that the big bad bot is gone
Probably because the XIV troon that created it 41%'d him/herself
>>619202406
>dead MMO
>NCSoft immediately greenlit 4th expansion because End of Dragons was a massive success
pick one and only one
>>
>>619202406
>Sorry i only play MMO where there is no one playing
so youre playing xiv. not something you should be proud of sister
>>
File: 119045[1].jpg (43 KB, 594x398)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>619203046
>50v1 not so much but feel free to show me a game at that scale that does.
Then don't make 50v1 a thing if you can't make it not retarded.
>>
>>619203254
Bad advice considering Heart of Thorns map events are GOAT
>>
I think the game is decent nowadays but the vanilla game is still crap and the game has serious problems
>Elite specializations outclass core professions completely
>If you miss living story chapters the story is fragmented, not only that but some living story chapters give you access to the easier ways to get ascended trinkets
>Even though you do open world stuff with other people all the time it feels artifical and forced
>GW players are completely in the right to be mad, the game is not what they advertised in their manifesto
>Making systems and then abandoning them soon after
>>
>>619203315
>GOAT
Jesus, you're not even trying at this point.
>>
>>619202110
>>619203046
I don't know if I'd say that attacks have weight. There's a lot of flailing involved in most cases, especially with autoattacks, and the most physically powerful attacks have been declawed in PvP. Sometimes you don't even realize you're being hit until a huge chunk of your health goes missing. Everything else you said is right, though, most important being fast-paced.

New World's combat has good weight to it, where even basic attacks can push and stagger opponents. Every hit slows your target down, which means that just attacking can serve as crowd control. New World's combat is held back by the near-complete absence of utility skills. You get a few weapon-based attacks, some potion and food slots, and that's it. Otherwise it'd be the best combat system in MMOs, along with Guild Wars 2 by a wide margin.
>>
>>619200320
basado
>>
File: 1644431996021.jpg (118 KB, 1191x333)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>be me
>log in
>absolute chad hero
>go to an area
>it's some low level area
>it scales me down
>lol
>log out
and that is why i'm done with the MMO genre
>>
>>619203736
>>Elite specializations outclass core professions completely
Powercreep is natural to MMO's. The fact the HoT and PoF specs stayed viable shows they have restraint. Also, they never raised the level cap or introduced new gear you'd have to grind harder for. A lot of players have always appreciated that
>>
>>619201826
map wide events in HoT were probably the best thing in the game they should have done more.
>>
>>619204240
Can you really say a game has horizontal progression if it has the ability to powercreep?
>>
>>619204240
wasn't that one set of gear hidden via recipe(and expansion) that you had to grind for? trailblazer stats or something?
>>
>>619203736
>>619204240
In PvP/WvW at least, they've done a decent job of making core classes at least viable. The only one I'd say is truly irrelevant is revenant. I've even seen good core engis in WvW.

The real powercreep though is new stat sets. Marauder, Trailblazer and Minstrel made so many other stat sets irrelevant. Dragon and Ritualist are the newest ones, but I think people are still figuring those out.
>>
>>619204207
I quit gw2 a while ago but atleast that scaling down isnt that bad. Im playing Lost Ark and that game not only scales your level down but also removes your traits and sets.
>>
>>619205971
fuck that. work hard to get gear (i'm familiar with LA gear hone from friends reeeeeeing) only to lose the shit for artificial hardness. fuck that shit in it's ass.
>>
So I quit gw2 back in HOT when they nerfed staff tempest to the ground after I had crafted nevermore, is staff tempest still dogshit or what class should I make so I can use the staff
>>
>>619204851
Berserker and sinister are still top slots for power dps, and they're both core sets (maybe sinister is HoT? Either way, it's old as fuck). Trailblazer and Minstrel are both HoT too. Diviners is S4, and it's a very useful one, and dragon and ritualist are from EoD. That's a pretty damn good spread across expansions, and no one would call that shit powercreep. It's just diversity.
>>
>>619173478
No
Shut up
>>
>>619206954
Condi Weaver with Staff is playable but thats it. Ele is probably the worst class in the game and i say that as a Weaver main.
>>
It's incredible how much better GW1 is than GW2
FFXI is also better than FFXIV but the difference isn't nearly as pronounced
>>
>>619208690
GW1, GW2 and FFXI are all better than FFXIV
>>
>>619208783
I have to disagree, ffxiv is one of the worst games I've ever played but even it wasn't as bad as gw2
>>
GW2 is not a good game and all of its problems originated at launch so despite the shills seething at the infographics they are still true to this day

.t someone who has played GW2 recently and has played off and on since launch
>>
>>619173478
GW (1) is better
>>
File: 1456974302370.jpg (1.51 MB, 3150x2910)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>619173478
This thread is still going? lol.
>>
>>619208889
How can you say this? Gw2 is flawed but atleast it has really good exploration. Atleast something to go for.
>>
>>619173478
I think its crazy were at the point where the OP's posting xiv as the rival game rather than wow. what a wierd journey the past year or so has been for the genre.
>>
>>619211737
i think he was talking about the story, music, and raiding rather than the exploration, but gw2 certainly wins on the exploration metric.
>>
The absolute state of GW2 cucks
>>
File: 2ec.png (208 KB, 327x316)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
>>619212046
You're not at the top until people start taking all their shots at you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.