[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.33 MB, 2536x403)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
post carts, talk about deals, help others with vidya recommendations

>What should I get?
https://steam250.com/ is a great resource if you're stuck on what to buy for any niche
otherwise try https://store.steampowered.com/recommender/

ALWAYS look up a game on PCGW: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home especially for older titles.
even 'broken' games usually have great community fixes.

If you want potentially cheaper deals, check out https://isthereanydeal.com or https://gg.deals (filter the deals by DRM: Steam)
>>
File: sales.png (139 KB, 792x451)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
Rate and give suggestions, any good Diablo clone? Thanks in advance.
>>
File: Troubleshooter.jpg (82 KB, 616x353)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Play Troubleshooter
>>
>>619147162
Hero Siege is my favorite downsized diablo clone, better than TorchLight, its on sale for 2.50 now
Tower of Time is a very high quality combination of Diablo+Baldurs Gate type combat.
>>
File: 1624253126092.jpg (27 KB, 750x729)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>619147247
I would but I'm still on hiatus until the current DLC gets finished. I don't think I have the willpower to keep waiting much longer, though.
>>
>>619147247
2weeabo4me
>>
File: DeadeyeDeepfake.jpg (464 KB, 1920x1080)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
Been playing this really unique obscure indie called Deadeye Deepfake Simulacrum today and its awesome. Its not at all as complex as something like Caves of Qud but it has similar immersive sim vibes. It also has top down shooter combat not just turn based.
.....I just checked and this game isn't on sale. Fuck that, I'm posting it anyway. Pirate this shit like I did if you want.
>>
>>619147162
I like grim dawn
>>
>>619147569
plz don't pirate it, the dev is one of us.
>>
Girl here, any otome or game with hot guys?
>>
>>619147806
ok well if they're one of us then my morals may just resurface. I only buy games I really like after playing through them after pirating but thats just me. A lot of people don't seem to care about paying their favorite devs so they can make more of their favorite games but I do.
>>
Anybody have any suggestions for lesser known RPGs? I'm running dry.
>>
File: proofofgamer.png (14 KB, 309x227)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
r8
i have over 10,000 recorded hours on steam (you can check in the interactive recommended page)
like a dragon has a 5 fucking hour long tutorial but i did it in one sitting instead of dealing with my mothers death this year and lack of her green bean casserole today.
refunded darktide not cuz its bad but i have a rule where if i can play an entire game in my head after trying it out then i simply beat it in my dreams instead of real life.
>>
File: 1549873839861.jpg (35 KB, 720x720)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>619148432
>i have a rule where if i can play an entire game in my head after trying it out then i simply beat it in my dreams instead of real life
>>
>>619147938
It's not on steam but try Paradigm Paradox on switch
>>
File: 1601056899087.png (624 KB, 1100x1300)
624 KB
624 KB PNG
>>619147162
vampire survival slaps
took a chance on prodigal myself, have not installed yet

>>619148535
based
>>
>>619148032
Astaloth Champions of the Four Kingdoms - like a mix of top down souls-like with world of warcraft itemization/quests. It has mixed reviews but purely because of personal taste in game mechanics not anything wrong per se with the game.
Fates of Ort (isometric magic game)
Devil Spire (first person roguelike dungeon crawler, pictured)
Tails of Iron (2d RedWall sidescroll action)
Horizon's Gate/Voidspire Tactics
Potato Flowers In Full Bloom (Dungeon Crawler)
Heroes Hour (indie HoMM clone)
Eranorth Chronicles (deckbuilding DnD module)

I've played and enjoyed all of these.
>>
Bought Crash 4, Ghostrunner, Observation, and Psychonauts 2. Beat Crash and downloaded Observation. May get Neon White on the last day.
>>
File: checkout.png (238 KB, 780x1232)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
Any of these good or bad?
>>
>>619148663
Thanks, looks perfect for me
>>
>>619149202
tiny rogues is great. very good quality for its genre/graphics. I got a lot of playtime out of it
>>
>>619149202
I got Last Call, apparently it's the company's final game. I can't honestly speak to the quality though as I haven't tried it yet.
>>
>>619149103
Thanks, pal.
>>
>>619148432
Mass effect legendary edition is bogged down by EA's origin. Its why I don't buy it.
>>
>>619147569
Demo was so insanely bad it shocked me when I learned this was coming out mere days after I tried it.
Completely non-functional statistics, hacking had a stacking % chance of fucking you over each time you do it, no way to see what abilities do before buying them, no way to refund, most abilities sucked, extremely low-effort writing trying to pass it off as ironic, most melee didnt' function because maps were so small, etc. The best way to win any map was to literally just run directly past everything and hack the 1 singular thing you need to do to win so rng doesn't rape you for daring to interact with its main defining mechanic.
Glad to see it seems to be doing well since the dev is from here but its a massive pass from me probably forever since every single aspect in the demo was bad. Writing, balancing, progression, map design, all of it.

>>619147162
Chronicon is okay but its very arcadey.

>>619148432
>i have a rule where if i can play an entire game in my head after trying it out then i simply beat it in my dreams instead of real life.
He based

>>619149202
Retro City rampage is boring. Soulstone Survivors depends on you. Its got a lot ot mindlessly grind for, but even for its niche of 'blatant ripoff of magic survival', its very easy.
I tried like 20 magic survival clones last next fest and it was in the top 3 and the only one I bothered with the full game of since I just wanted a relaxing grind game.
>>
what's pic related like? is it like huge open world milsim pvp or something
>>
>>619147569
Tried the demo and I'm pretty sure I'm too big of a brainlet for it.
>>
Metal Gear Rising or DMC5?
>>
Any good/interesting co-op tower defense games out there?

Dungeon Defenders 1 has been the only one I've really enjoyed
>>
>>619149845
basically, i haven't gotten too deep into playuing with the same people or groups though, I dont know how good the coordination truly is in terms of logistics and base buildign and shit though
>>
>>619150018
DMC5.
The most simplistic character in DMC5 has more to its gameplay than Raiden's entire moveset and its not made of constant QTE spam. Longer, too.
MGR is a step below bayo which is a step below DMC.
>>
>>619150018
Both.
>>
>>619150018
both, but if you're really so poor that you can't afford both then go for dmc 5
>>
picked up this anime 2d action game earlier today for 60% off 4.00 and its pretty freakin cool. The action feels fluid, the designs are hot and although the story may seem straight forward it actually has a ton of branching paths, you don't have to listen to where the narrator tells you go to and there are secrets to discover off screen and multiple endings, several.
>>
>>619150306
Check out Sanctum 1/2, both on sale for 90% off like $2. they are pretty well rated FPS/Tower defense hybrid
>>
>>619150306
I've heard good things about Element TD 2 but havent actually gotten it.
>>
>>619150538
Awful game but you should check out this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1716310/AWAKEN__Astral_Blade/
Same janky animation style, same spin-to-win move, similar enemies, similar janky execution moves, either the same dev or someone inexplicably aping a game that did so poorly the dev made this room out of butthurt
>>
>>619149825
if you wanted to like Deadeye Deepfake you may want to try Mainframe Defenders a turn based roguelike set in a virtual world. It's on sale for 1.50 right now.
>>
>>619149845
dont fucking play it. the concept is really interesting and unique because nothing else exists like it, but wars are almost entirely won clans. if you do something against the will of clans, you get banned for a few days by popular vote, and enough subsequent bans will extend the length.
i just randomly ate a permaban yesterday from the devs with no explanation and with no ban history. the only thing i could think that i did was that i insulted the enemy faction in voice chat. maybe someone was recording and sent it to the devs. i have a few hundred hours in it, and i dont recommend it partially because it will become a second job for you with very small returns.
dont get me started on how incompetent, stubborn, and out of touch the devs are with their balance changes and updates.
>>
>>619150897
My question would be: Does that game have natural hp regen or no? If a roguelike lacks that, they play more like a puzzle game than anything else, which I am not fond of. If it does then that does seem nice.
>>
>>619149845
avoid foxhole, community is pozzed you will get banned within a day.
>>
>>619150791
interesting lol. I mean if the only thing thats the same is the attack/movement animations thats not that bad. Both games look to have some nice visuals. Is ICEY really that bad? It has a 90% score and I only started it because someone else was enjoying it over in a /indie/. I am comparing this game the only other 2d action fighter I have so maybe that has something to do with it. they both feel like some of the best flash games you ever could have found searching around as a kid on addictinggames.
It may not look great but the mechanics are polished af
https://store.steampowered.com/app/828680/Berserkers_Descent/
>>
>>619150791
Both games are made using free chinese assets
>>
>>619151049
I have not tried it yet. It does appear that there is a mechanic class that can heal so I assume its not that difficult to regen
>>
>>619151352
Icey has like 3 enemies, 1 boss, barely any moves, actively fucks you over for buying most abilities (as its upgrade system massively bumps damage for buying the same move multiple times, meaning attacks you can't buy never scale at all and the best way to win is to just buy the spin slash until its maxed so you nearly instantly kill everything and varying your moves makes the games enemies obnoxiously tanky) and that weird mechanic where you can summon a clone to attack stuff you are hitting which would happen more or less at random and popped up for like 0.0001 second and shared its input with a common action and did nearly no damage even maxed.
The story is half-baked despite having like 11 endings and tries to simutaniously be a meta-commentary, a straight 'save the world from bad guy' story, The King In Yellow, the nature of AI and like 5 other things all at once and they step on each others foot. Like why do I care if Icey transcended reality if its already establishe dthe story is still under the king's thumb and why do I care about that if its already established even he is in-universe fictional as everyone knows they don't exist and nothing matters? Any emotional moment it has is ruined by several other directly contracting them

>>619151421
That explains it.
Soda Girls and a few other games have the same janky dragon-bone feeling system and I've yet to play a game like this that wasn't bad.
>>
>>619151803
Actually thinking on it 2 bosses.
I just killed the other one within seconds of the fight starting because I had upgraded spin-to-win and therefore did too much damage.
>>
did they fix the origin bullshit for Fallen Jedi
six bucks is a tempting price and I'm always looking for new stuff for steam deck
>>
File: attention.jpg (94 KB, 735x803)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>619147027
I'm looking at that Steam250 site, but I'd also like to ask my fellow RPG fans for some potentially lesser known turn-based RPGs.

I've already played plenty of lesser known good ones like Virgo vs The Zodiac, Osterblast, Bug Fables, Hylics 2, Jimmy & The Pulsating Mass, etc.
>>
File: cart.jpg (31 KB, 616x414)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Looking to play them like 2/3rd of the time on the Steam Deck
>>
>>619149202

Mini motorways starts as a great chill game that ramps up in final stages to be pretty hectic. I really like that but beginning can be a bit slow / ending hectic if you want something more relaxed. Not a deep sale though so if you haven't played mini metro yet it is also fantastic
>>
File: combo.png (3.21 MB, 1920x1080)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB PNG
>>619151803
idk man steam reviews are generally pretty accurate to a point. It's very rare to see a bad game rated at 90% or higher with over 50 reviews. It just seems pretty damn decent. I didn't actually pay for it anyway so I guess I will find out if you're right but the combos are fun to get off and look at all these you can unlock. Whats not to like? You don't have to spam the best moves and win as fast as possible.
>>
File: ff.png (347 KB, 821x744)
347 KB
347 KB PNG
i only have 2€ til my daddy gets me a gift for christmas... is there anything i should get this sale...
>>
>>619152127
Yakuza 3 is a pain in the ass due to blocking, so make sure to play one difficulty lower than you usually do unless you like annoying games.
>>
>>619152271
>Look at all those you can unlock
Yes, barely any.
And come back to me with your variety when you're fighting the boss strength regular enemies who have permanent hyper-armor, spawn in groups and hit the entire screen with every attack and take like 40 hits to kill them (v 2 if you just pump 1 attack)
>>
>>619149202
Do not pay more than a couple of bucks for Retro City.
>>
any good FPS worth picking up rn ideally something with less than 1k reviews? i was gonna get the one that i've seen for a while that plays like THPS but i forgot what that was called.
>>
Are the Metro games good? The whole franchise is preety cheap right now and to be honest I'm getting kind of sick of Fallout
>>
File: 3l36s3e03a1a1.jpg (1.01 MB, 2304x3051)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>619148432
yakuza is great
>>
File: 1666265284127736.jpg (339 KB, 1000x1000)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>619147027
I hate being poor
>>
>>619153536
damn... he cute
>>
What's that site where you can see historical prices for games and which regions are cheapest?
>>
>>619153878
steamdb
>>
should i get celeste or hollow knight? i only have enough money for either, unless i dont eat for a week
>>
>>619153918
Cheers
>>
>>619154017
Hollo Knight. It's much longer, but also much better. Celeste is cool but short, but it's also a puzzle platformer. Hollow Knight is a Metroidvania, and probably the best one out there.
>>
>>619154017
eat for a week > hk >>> celeste
>>
>>619154017
food
>>
I got 15 bucks on my account. What are some essential games I should check out? I’ve never played a resi game so I’m getting the remake, so I have 10 bucks left.
>>
>>619154440
>>619154469
ok, i'll get hollow knight then if it's worth it much more. so, when is silksong coming out?

>>619154513
i still have life half a loaf of bread and some mayonnaise on the fridge
>>
>>619154782
What genres? How much have you played?
>>
What's a game with innovative gameplay that I can use to fill out my nominations?
>>
>>619154017
damn I get why those are the games you're deciding between but its still kinda sad because there are a lot of obscure indie platformers that are just as good as those. Maybe not Hollow Knight but definitely Celeste. Like oh idk
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1369630/ENDER_LILIES_Quietus_of_the_Knights/
>>
>>619153409
yeah they are solid. its one of my favorite franchises. exodus tries to deviate from the formula and does a below average job at it. at the place you first get to drive vehicles at, there is also a game breaking bug as you are walking out the cave to the lighthouse entrance, so be advised. exodus was the one that crashed and froze up the most by far when i played through the series. the exodus dlc called the colonel (i think that is the name) also has a bug where you cant continue past about an hour in when the new years cut scene starts because it bugs out really hard (constantly does an infinite loop with the cut scene)
i recommend them, with exodus being the lowest priority for purchase on your list. the first time i tried the metro games i dropped them within 20-30 minutes, but i gave them another shot and they turned out to be really nice. the atmosphere is great in some places.
>>
>>619154857
i have played a lot of fps/horror/stealth as well as a bunch of indies. i don’t understand the second question
>>
>>619154782
$10? buy deep rock galactic.
>>
I bought the Master Chief Collection but I fucked something up and it's stuck on the 'enter your Xbox gamertag' screen. This is why I pirate shit.
>>
>>619153409
Yes definitely worth it, play on survival hardcore for your first playthrough. I've just finished the first two and on the third now. Ordered the books the other day too as I've gotten so into it
>>
>>619155134
I'm asking how much games in general you've played. It's hard answering your question without knowing if you've played 50 or 5000 games.
Essentials that are decently cheap would be stuff like Portal 1/2, Terraria, Hollow Knight, Hades, Stardew Valley, AoE2, Hotline Miami, etc, but those are pretty well known so I'm not sure if it's what you are looking for.
>>
>>619155364
oh ok, i would estimate i have probably played at least 300 games then.
>>619155180
played that, loved it
>>
Any neat racing games that aren't cars/bikes you'd recommend?
I bought Redout enhanced and I'm having so much fun that I thought I could expand on that
Thanks brehs
>>
File: tfw.jpg (123 KB, 1080x1105)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>619152038
tfw waiting for a response
>>
>>619154928

I used >>619147569

the hacking system in it is really cool.
>>
>>619155525
cant help you, i dont really play turn based rpgs. i also think jrpgs are only "played" by japs and people who are trying to fix their insomnia by getting a game that will put them to sleep.
>>
File: file.png (172 KB, 538x811)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
Which do you suggest I keep and which do I drop?
>>
>>619153153
nvm, found out what i was talking about. it was All Day Dying. anything else worth checking out like some rpg, or chill game maybe. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1186160/All_Day_Dying_Redux_Edition/
>>
Redpill me on Hot Persuit
>>
>>619155502
buy fall of the samurai
>>
>>619155685
hot pursuit was good when it came out years ago. i think the multiplayer is mostly dead now but i havent booted it up in a year. it was solid, but not worth $30.
>>
File: uFkuwTaYtv.png (317 KB, 698x1526)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
How'd I do lads? I don't know why it lists Cyberpunk twice, I purchased it once. Also picked up Spider-Man on CDKeys.
>>
>>619154017
why don't you pirate if you have no money for food?
>>
>>619155519
Traction Control is one of the coolest racing games I've played in years. It's like a time trial racer mixed with Tony Hawk. You get boost by using the right stick to twist your car any direction you want. There are multiple modes including time trial and freestyle/trick high score. I put 10+ hours in for 2.50
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1866610/Traction_Control/
I guess its not on sale this time, sad, probably will be in the winter. Still only 5 bucks though
>>
File: TerraInvicta.png (190 KB, 658x203)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
What am I in for?
>>
>>619155664
>All Day Dying
I swear to god I had another game just like this/Neon White that I tried and really liked but now I can't find it anywhere. Maybe it was all day dying but I don't think so. I was playing levels in levels that were floating in the sky and you had a dash that recharged on kill, first weapon was a shotgun. I can't believe I cant find it, I assume I bought it when I did All day dying last sale.
>>
>>619147027
I bought Endwalker for 17eurodollars after not playing FFXIV for more than a year.
>>
>gotham knights already 40% off
damn was it really that bad?
>>
>>619155648
Keep Mirror's Edge
>>
>>619156326
Endwalker is pretty good. I thought it was better than ShB, but it'll depend on how you feel about anime/JRPG tropes.
>>
>>619156360
it's atrocious
>>
>>619154928
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1858620/DRAWER/
game where you draw on a map how a rally driver should complete a track.
>>
>>619155664
https://store.steampowered.com/app/298600/Lovely_Planet/

this isn't the one I was thinking of but definitely check out this game on sale for 1.50 75% off or its sequel
>>
File: file.png (138 KB, 620x674)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
any recommendations(if any, stick to game with a price similar to those already in the cart) or things i should remove?
(i already have Alice, i'm getting the pack for the other game cause it's cheaper this way)
>>
>>619156417
I liked Heavensward the best. Shadowbringers had a good beginning and ending, the rest was pure filler and the NIER raid was needless as well.
>>
Is Stray worth 20% off? Or should I wait for a better sale?
>>
>>619155982
nice list, golden idol should be good.
get This strange realm of mine. mix of many genres but its mainly a very philosophical novel. cost $1 90% off this sale.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/655730/This_Strange_Realm_Of_Mine/
>>
>>619156360
its half off at greenmangaming
Horribly optimized, people with 4090s reporting stuttering
Horribly mid in terms of art direction, gameplay, story
Gotham City feels largely lifeless
Gear system looks like something out of a mobile game
crime mission instances feel largely samey
There's only like 4 batman villains aside from the two main groups

Maybe at 20 bucks with a friend otherwise HARD PASS
>>
>>619155648
>haydee
>worlds

you're clearly a retard who can be shilled anything, so you might as well just buy it all
>>
couple cheap parkour platformers here
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1451970/SATORI
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1731120/Cloud_Escape
https://store.steampowered.com/app/302610/Boson_X/
>>
File: z42PGYyIyG.png (123 KB, 657x457)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>619156776
Cool thanks for the recommendation, looks interesting, just picked it up
>>
>>619157026
worlds and End of Dyeus from the same dev are both awesome games with countless reviews confirming as much. End of Dyeus is the best open world RPG I've played since Skyrim. wtf are you talking about?
>>
Is La Mulana good?
>>
>>619156717
I know its a meme and everything but there are hundreds if not thousands of games I would play before stray. I'm sure I would have loved it at age 6 though.
>>
>>619157194
you're the same retard who won't stop shilling that Dyues game in /indie/ either. i admire your persistence but your game sucks.
>>
>>619157447
End of Dyeus has a 94% positive rating after 78 reviews and the devs original game Worlds is similarly rated. You clearly just have a problem with games that look low budget or something, the reviews don't lie, the overwhelming majority of people who play it love the game.
>>
Are assassins creed rogue or black flag worth picking up? And what about the Sherlock Holmes games and forgive me father, are those good too?
>>
File: superflight.webm (2.55 MB, 896x504)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB WEBM
shilling Superflight because it's less than a dollar and a fun arcade game.
>>
>>619157882
>Superflight
looks dope, thanks anon
>>
Rate
>>
>>619157667
buddy, northern journey is low budget, End of Deuce looks like some beginner dev art project that you shit onto the store to scam retards.
>>
I will never spend more than $5 for a video game
>>
>>619158067
poorchama...
>>
>>619158067
More based than me.
>>
File: 3532661124.jpg (532 KB, 1920x1080)
532 KB
532 KB JPG
i assume everyone is familiar with this, but Audiosurf (2?) is good fun if you've got some music lying around.
>>
File: 1335230_20210527090546_1.jpg (1.3 MB, 3840x2160)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1335230/Sumire/

Buy her game.
>>
File: 1643223604512.png (93 KB, 643x410)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
only played JC2 and found it mildly enjoyable. How does JC3 compare?
Also are the Max Payne games as good as they are said to be?
>>
File: 1568621124.jpg (22 KB, 460x215)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
available at Gaben's Games and GOG for like a dollar. Will Wright called it the "spiritual sequel to The Sims 1."
>>
>>619158067
same, never been disappointed but I'm constantly being pleasantly surprised
>>
>>619157963
good stuff. Wild Guns, Dustforce and Vallhalla are all top tier underrated indies.
>>
File: 0VznBLR.png (55 KB, 627x347)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
Unironically all I'm looking at, I have a shitton of stuff from the last sale I still need to play.
Debating Crash 4 as I still need to do 2+3 and might be burnt out by the time I get to it (I know 100%'ing it is cancerous though)
>>
Anyone that likes Kenny Sun games have recommendations?
>>
>>619158806
I've been wanting to play Cursed to Golf for a while now, it reminds me of Peggle in a really good way.
El-Shaddai gets hated on a lot but it has a number of fans that make me think its better than most give it credit for,
nice stuff.
>>
Has anyone played Gunfire Reborn? Might pick it up or just get dlc for Xenoverse 2.
>>
>>619157882
Supremely comfy timewaster
>>
>>619158806
hold off on Crash 4
>>
>>619159075
It's pretty ok. Its definitely the best game in its genre.
>>
>>619158978
Yeah it looks like a fun game and I've had my eye on it since it released, the gameplay looks like it's something that can ramp up to pretty challenging stuff later on.
El Shaddai looks visually amazing to me, I don't really like any games that are more story/visual focused but this one looks great.

>>619159235
Probably will honestly, if I feel like it, I'll pick it up around the winter sale maybe.
>>
>>619152297
Thief 1 and 2 are classics, and quite easy to get into with maybe some fixes just so they run better, check pcgw
Tomb Raider Anniversary is a solid game. The first TR is good but if you don't like tank controls you're gonna hate every second.
Witcher 1 has an interesting story and world but the gameplay is dogshit.
Half-Life is a classic but I'd honestly suggest getting Black Mesa instead when you have more money.
And Pathologic is great as well, but there's a lot of reading and it's very janky mechanics-wise.
>>
File: gaymes.png (624 KB, 942x1048)
624 KB
624 KB PNG
cant decide.... I was originally going to start playing witcher 3 and not buy anything, but then I heard its getting a massive update in 2 weeks
>>
>>619159075
It's a decent little roguelite shooter. Bit lacking in variety, and looks agressively chinese, but it's fun.
>>
>>619158028
Northern Journey actually does look worse than End of Dyeus though. These graphics are literally just kinda retro there is nothing wrong with them. It's actually very immersive when you're walking through a forest at night, no different then a well made forest biome mod in minecraft. You're flat out wrong and 94% of players agree.
>>
>>619158342
the first one is the superior game
>>
>>619159564
How much time do you want to kill? MGR is about 6-8 hours for one playthrough without doing any of the extra stuff or getting unlocks.
TPP is like 50, a lot of those hours spent just roaming the open world.
RDR2 is 80+ hours long even just beelining the main story.
>>
File: 1423392230175.jpg (156 KB, 948x776)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
guys I ate too much thanksgiving stuff. what's a good game for this feel?
>>
>>619157963
You can easily get 100+ hours from Rune Factory 4 so have fun
>>
>>619160089
Tactics Ogre
>>
File: gaems.png (8 KB, 328x225)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>619160146
How many hours does this equate too? all pirated
>>
>>619160089
Star Apprentice: Magical Murder Mystery
its free on steam so you don't even have to think about the price
>>
>>619160089
Tribal Hunter
>>
>>619159634
>just kinda retro
looks like a fucking minecraft mod. I'm not 12, so you'll have to peddle your kiddie scam somewhere else
>>
>>619160089
peggle
>>
>>619160089
Metal Slug
>>
I'm kind of already set on buying Skywalker Saga, so I guess I just need someone to get me to pull the trigger. Is it good?
>>
>>619157749
Anybody?
>>
>>619161134
Between the two AC games, I'd recommend Rogue. It has a better story and more ship combat, but is shorter than Black Flag. But Black Flag also has a lot of missions on land that are just a drag.
>>
Got Crash 4 as a birthday gift from my cousin. By the way, is Nobeta any good?
>>
File: wishlist.png (1.6 MB, 1640x1160)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
Pic related is my wishlist currently but I'm waiting for these pieces of shit to release or come out of early access before buying, even if some are on sale.
Searching for overlooked gems in these threads in the meantime.
>>
So far got Darktide, Satisfactory, Conquest of Elysium 5, and Arma 3 DLC. Tried Rune Factory 5, refunded but only because I realized I still have barely touched RF4.

Still trying to spend about $80 since I never buy full priced and nows my window to get more money's worth.

$20 will probably go to Trails in the Sky SC (halfway through the first or so), so that leaves $60.

I'm probably good on JRPGs with Trails, P5R, and Tales of Arise locked and loaded. Not sure if I want more strategy games, something simulation centric (no good Train sims sadly :/ ) or something completely different.

Post more good games so I can continue shouldersurfing recommendations, /v/, I beseech you.
>>
>>619161923
Xcom 2
Titan fall 2
Mega man X collection
FF X/X-2 collection
>>
>>619161134
Black Flag is the only AC game I like, its so much fun pirating and sailing around.
>>
>>619161923
>Tales of Arise
i hope you enjoy that even half as much as i did
>>
>>619162286
I actually kinda lost interest initially but I installed mods to make all the waifus brown, and since I've been told its a great game I am intent on finishing it before too long.
>>
>>619161126
The open world hubs are good, but many of the actual levels based on the movies are bad--in particular the boss fights and vehicle sections. If you buy it expecting a collectathon, then you'll most likely be satisfied
>>
>>619162485
Yeah, that's kinda what I want. I was hoping at least the prequels would be good, but there's still the Complete Saga for that. I just kinda wanna run around and autistically collect all the characters and ships.
>>
>>619159465
thank you anon <3
>>
>>619152297
Both portal 1 and 2 are really cheap
>>
>>619162450
>make all the waifus brown
lol
i found the gameplay fun enough, but for me it got really good when I warmed up to the characters.
ost is great too
>>
>>619161923
conquest of elysium 5 holy shit thats an obscure and unique game. Check out this for another deep and obscure indie.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1580800/Erannorth_Chronicles/
also see SpiderWeb Softwares games, most of them are on sale. Geneforge - Mutation or Avernum Escape the pit are good places to start. Escape the pit is just $3 now
https://store.steampowered.com/app/208400/Avernum_Escape_From_the_Pit
>>
How are the nu-Tomb Raider games? I played the 2013 one a bit and it was decently fun, but I'm intrigued if the next two are more of the same, better or worse.
>>
>>619152038
West of loathing was pretty fun
>>
>>619163242
>conquest of elysium 5
it showed up on Steam's recommendations or something ONCE, and I was like huh, seems really unique, but idk if I'll pull the trigger.

Multiple times after I'd try to find it again and fail, until this sale. It's really good if you have the specific kind of boomer fantasy strategy autism I apparently have.

Thanks for the recommendations. Looking at those now.
>>
>>619163285
Rise is the best but it takes some time to get going
>>
File: HaulD22.png (69 KB, 373x472)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>619147027
R8 my haul
>>
>>619154782
Noita is pretty cheap and you can't go wrong with Enter the Gungeon. I grabbed Left for dead 2 and currently playing it with my mates.
>>
>>619160089
Party hard, Hotline Miami and Beat Cop.
>>
File: 1666841835235.jpg (72 KB, 1024x659)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>7$ left
>still stuck on whether to buy Value bundle, doom 2016, or anything else
>>
File: Autumn2022.jpg (220 KB, 614x1626)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
It's going to be a comfy Christmas and New Year.
>>
>>619164348
>kero blaster
Based.
>>
>>619164348
>bought all of these games
>only play like 2 of them
>>
is valheim fine solo? i may be able to convince one friend to play with me.
>>
What's a good game with a large cast of interesting characters that has a sequel or two and has a large active fan base? Something a bit more mature and dark would be neat too
>>
>>619164532
Duo is fine but if you're gonna be mostly solo I'd say don't bother.
>>
>>619164470
Cave Story is one of my favorites so I figured it was time to grab Kero.

>>619164493
I'll play more than half of them within the next 4 months or so. The rest I get so that whenever I'm in the mood to play them, I can play them. Some people here still like playing game.
>>
File: 1665647639484.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
Should I buy strive or will I end up regetting it like every other fighting game I've bought?
>>
Have we dug up the hidden-gem-super-deals of this sale yet? The store keeps showing me the same 30-40 games, fuck the steam store is shit for exploring titles
>>
>>619164757
You just answered your own question.
>>
>>619164536
Danganronpa.

Ok jokes aside Yakuza games fit your bill and are pretty action heavy. For visual novels there's Umineko but that takes a century to finish reading so Ace attorney would be a better grab.
Vampire the masquerade bloodlines also works with more charcter action but it is a bit old and has a more niche fanbase.
Fallout games work too.
>>
>>619164757
you don't actually like fighting games, just the idea of playing them
>>
File: IMG_20221125_085155.jpg (200 KB, 875x1273)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
Thought on Flower and Journey? Heard good things about them
>>
>>619164757
Don't it's too late. Just wait for street fighter 6 to come out and play with all the noobs who enter.
>>
File: minit.png (78 KB, 546x270)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
recommend Minit ($2.49) for the soundtrack and dying every 60 seconds.
>>
>>619164661
>Some people here still like playing game.
I wish these boards have more people like you.
I swear this fucking board are full of retards who exaggerate a game flaw like it's broken, only for me to realize it's just a minor flaw when I play it.
>>
>>619165256
They're worth a play. Also if you're getting Code Vein just get the base game, none of the DLC are really worth it
>>
File: 1663201892476.jpg (43 KB, 616x353)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Opinions on Popup Dungeon?
>>
>>619163285
>>619163510
SOTTR is the best. Rise is "not the worst" because anons like Gears of War/Uncharted/Batman but Rise has a lot less of that compared to 2013. SOTTR is for exploration and tombs.
>>
>>619165252
That might be true but I liked playing rev 2 when I still had friends to play with.

>>619165270
Don't care about SF. The last fighting game I bought was melty and I deeply regret it.
>>
Has anyone tried Dome Keeper?
>>
>>619165359
Don't get too excited, I also like shitting on bad games. Liking games is great. Lacking standards isn't.
>>
>>619165481
I too want to know. I hope some kind anon shares its knowledge.
>>
>>619163512
decent
>>
>>619165386
Thanks, the price of Code Vein with DLC is barely different here ($1.5) so might as well
>>
>>619165571
I didn't say anything about shitting on bad games is bad.
just referring to retards like shazamtards for example.
>>
>>619165481
>>619165591
It's fun. But if you're not one for completionism and eventually hitting a progression wall and just kind of playing for score or time, you'll only have a limited time with it.
>>
>>619165676
But what's the gameplay like? It looks like a digging base building tower defense.
And I like all those genres.
>>
>>619165673
>just referring to retards like shazamtards for example.
Do you mean actual Shazamposters or people who called Elden Ring shit and got called Shazamposters by Fromdrones?
>>
File: 02f.jpg (59 KB, 655x527)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>619147027
How good is Hunt: Showdown? The battle royale looks nice.
>>
>>619165761
actual shazamposters.
Not defending elden ring here
>>
>>619165470
Try Tekken 7, cheap entry and very active player base with lots of people eager to teach you if you're new.
>>
File: header.jpg (37 KB, 460x215)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
I fully recommend pic related alongside
https://store.steampowered.com/app/304850/Worlds/
>>619147247
https://store.steampowered.com/app/470310/TROUBLESHOOTER_Abandoned_Children/
>>619149103
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1861290/Devil_Spire/
>Fear & Hunger
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1002300/Fear__Hunger/
>Noita
https://store.steampowered.com/app/881100/Noita/
>Othercide
https://store.steampowered.com/app/798490/Othercide/
>Fi da Puti Samurai
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1534340/Fi_da_Puti_Samurai/
>Heidelberg 1693
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1253520/Heidelberg_1693/
>Both Styx games
https://store.steampowered.com/app/242640/Styx_Master_of_Shadows/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/355790/Styx_Shards_of_Darkness/
>Proyect Moon games: Lobotomy Corp and Library of Ruina
https://store.steampowered.com/app/568220/Lobotomy_Corporation__Monster_Management_Simulation/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1256670/Library_Of_Ruina/
>>
>>619150018
Both
>>
>>619165810
Then yeah they're retarded, but I don't think there are actually that many of them.
>>
>>619165739
Mining section is dig dug without the monsters, just digging around looking for resources randomly spread around
'Tower Defence' is more like Missile Command - your dome has a gun sliding around on it, you point it at the enemies and shoot 'em.
Honestly I was pretty disappointed with it, I refunded it. It's like two pretty average Flash games mashed together, for a hefty fee. Would be alright for five bucks or something. That said the art looks awesome
>>
>>619165739
It's like 60% mining, finding resources and dragging them back to your tower and 40% tower defense, yeah. The base building kind of comes into it with the upgrades for your tower, but it's not a tower defense in the sense that you build new towers or units, you just get new weapons or defenses for your dome.
>>
>>619166037
nice list anon, Devil spire is quite fun once you understand how to do it
>>
>>619157882
>>619159157
I'd also recommend Superflight. Put on an ambient sleep channel, play this for 20 mins and you're ready to float off. It melts stress.
>>
If you want something in a similar vein to Portal (sans humor) check out The Spectrum Retreat

https://store.steampowered.com/app/763250/The_Spectrum_Retreat/
>>
Really can't recommend Gunfire Reborn enough.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1217060/Gunfire_Reborn/

They just added a new mode that I thought was going to be more like a conventional horde mode but it's actually FPS Vampire Survivors. Game's a total blast and despite getting it for super cheap in a humble bundle I'd gladly pay full price for what amounts to roguelite Borderlands sans quipping. It's nakedly obvious they steal a lot of ideas from other games, but the way they blend into the core loop of the experience really works beautifully, and each character is extremely well realized with a very unique playstyle. I've noticed Genji's sword, Yondu's Arrow, and as of today's patch a pistol shotgun that is reminiscent of the Lancer, but the saw activates when you reload, which is also bound to your alt fire right click. Super fun.
>>
>>619166136
Thanks, I will wait for next sale then.
My mouse broke so I stick to controller games for now. Hopefully it goes down to 25% discount next time.
>>
>>619166428
>tranimals
Stopped watching at 0:02 seconds. You will never turn me into a furry.
>>
>>619166386
Yes, this is good. I want more puzzle game recommendations, the good ones are all buried under shovelware bullshit
>>
>>619166509
Game's about as furry as Looney Tunes.
>>
>>619166428
I agree its the best game of its genre, FPS Roguelike
>>
File: 1664193694142.png (1 MB, 1024x576)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
428: Shibuya Scramble, cool mystery live action visual novel.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/648580/428_Shibuya_Scramble/
>>
>>619147162
if by diablo, you mean Diablo 2, i'd recommend Soma Bringer for DS (emulator)
only if you're okay with weeb stuff

nothing to do with steam but hey.
>>
>>619163512
what site?
>>
File: Capture1.png (111 KB, 625x403)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
What games should I drop?
>>
>>619166952
looks like CDkeys
>>
>>619166995
eh...all of them? why would you buy this?
>>
>>619166995
If you have Postal 2 or 4 you can grab the bundled version of Brain Damaged for cheaper, by the way.
>>
File: PUD.jpg (1.22 MB, 2556x1440)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>619165396
I found it quite enjoyable on release and it leaned heavily on user generated content to make it less generic. I started the campaign with fucking He-Man.

It's worth it if you want a turn based tabletop-like RPG with the potential for wackyness with user generated content. See pic for what I mean.
>>
File: 19856134.jpg (63 KB, 1000x800)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>619167076
thanks a lot
>>
>>619166668
Check out this chill physics platformer, on sale for like a dollar now along with its sequel
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1528050/Underland/
I've seen many people enthusiastically shilling Shady Part of Me, its 67% off for $5 now.
some others to consider are
https://store.steampowered.com/app/927840/Clinically_Dead/ $1.50
https://store.steampowered.com/app/973250/Altered/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1097100/Please_Touch_The_Artwork/
>>
>>619147027
any good brawlers like sor4? i have yakuza 0 but last time i tried it didnt click
>>
I need some kind of uoh anime game that's deeper than usual, like kamidori alchemy meister. Anyone know of any?
>>
>>619165256
They're cool experiences. I'd recommend them.
Nice to see Superflight in that cart, too. It's a fun little time-waster. It's better if you play music in the background. I like using Ace Combat OSTs.
>>
>>619167082
because i already have all the other games

>>619167107
thanks
>>
>>619165396
there are better games in its genre. try these maybe
Obsidian Prince
Rogue Empire - Dark Heroes
Dungeon Reels Tactics
>>
What's some good lewd games that aren't full blown hentai?
>>
Could someone recommend me a nice game? I want something that works like eye candy. Preferably with beautiful landscapes, atmospheric effects and clouds.
I know about Red Dead Redemption 2, but I am avoiding this one, I want something else with similar art level.
>>
>>619167697
*nice looking game
>>
>>619166356
Yes, I really enjoy all of those games.
>>
Do I go for Daemon x Machina or Metal Wolf Chaos for some mecha action on my deck?
>>
>>619167608
Castle in the Clouds DX, it is full hentai but its all in game pixel art not actually intended as porn really and its actually a solid metroidvania. One of the more higher quality lewd games I've seen.
>>
>>619150018
DMC 5.
Watch MGR on youtube
>>
>>619167697
The Talos Principle, kind of
>>
File: 1652071670131.png (2.35 MB, 1200x1596)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB PNG
>>619167697
Skryim
>>
>>619163189
thanks anon, i played 2 before and enjoyed it a lot!
>>
File: Arthurian Legends.jpg (261 KB, 1280x720)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>619167772
check out Arthurian Legends and Slashers Keep which are similar to Devil Spire.
>>
>>619167697
Gris is a very pretty pencils and watercolors kind of look
>>
>>619167697
The indie game Alba is very chill and has some nice scenery, albeit sort of low-poly. But it may be boring to some people.
I thought the world in Just Cause 3 was good-looking, and it was fun to simply fly around aimlessly, but people often criticize the gameplay as repetitive.
>>
I never know what to fucking buy anymore
>>
>>619159564
MGR can be beaten easily in 1-2 days. I don't know how your currency translates into freedom but it seems overpriced for how short it is and how little variety it has in both enemies and movesets, with only the sword and staff feeling like properly realized weapons. And the sword is largely just Shuraba from Bayonetta, except less fun.

MGSV and Red Dead are both bloat games you can play for ages, but Red Dead is the superior time waster because of a less repetitive world and better online intergration.
All MGSV really has going for it is the teleporting waifu but she has butterface so who cares

Dunno about that other shit.

>>619163512
Much more reasonable price than the other guy is paying for Rising and the 'X of War' games are both pretty good if all you want is a power trip skinnerbox.

>>619147162
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viohAX65f7k
Could also check out ghost lore, apparently inspired to some degree by Diablo.
Curious if anyone played it to give impressions. Its EA so I am not bothering yet.
>>
>>619166428
What's the 'horde' actually like? Dozens of densely packed guys that die quickly or like 5 dudes who each take eight shots to kill. Because the former is why I like world war Z
>>
>>619147247
Sell me on this
From what I hear it's a decent nu-XCOM but very grind heavy
>>
>>619152271
I can attest to that anon, played ICEY back when it was released and ended up refunding it, something just rubbed me the wrong way
On the other side, bladed furry is pretty fun to play, decent revenge story too
>>
>>619166428
Best FPS roguelike but still not really very good. Death basically always comes from being 1 shot by something that inexplicably does 100%+ hp in damage in an instant or never comes at all because otherwise enemies don't hit that hard even on higher modes. It never actually feels balanced. Guns are both very unsatisfying because of the lackluster sound and visual design and the lack of variety (especially variety of weapons that aren't actual garbage). Character balance is still terrible and they've never even attempted to fix it, which makes coop a lot less fun than it could be when some characters just completely outperform everyone else.
>>
>>619168448
Starts out like the first example, lots of easy fodder to pulp, then they start layering in tougher enemies until about 15-20 minutes in you're booking it from spot to spot trying to find room to breathe while a wall of murderous meat closes in on you from every side and you're just trying to not get ganked from every possible angle. It's frenetic and insanely high energy.
>>
>>619168010
I already did I like it but it became somewhat boring at the middle of the game until the game picks up and amps things up.
>>
>>619168632
With rare exception I've found that almost every weapon can fit a particular build depending on inscriptions and current ascensions. Yeah, there's some that are straight up insanely busted with like one good scroll like Demonlore, but even weapons I used to dismiss outright like Rainbow can be stupid good in the right situation.
>>
PLEASE ANONS I NEEED SEX GIVE ME A SEX GAME HORNY GIRL ASS AND PUSSY strategy collectable ASS FUCK GAME
>>
What are some very highly replayable games /v/?
Or else, games you can sink a TON of hours into that still stay fun?

This may or may not overlap with another category I'm interested in -- games you can enjoy while watching YouTube or Twitch on a second monitor.

Help me /v/, you're my only hope.
>>
>>619168586
>bladed furry
I've been meaning to get that for like 2 years lol. It looks like the kind of game that'll have next to no meaningful attack variety and poor balancing/frustaring enemies, but mostly be fine if its cheap and short.
Next sale if I remember.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/767930/Assault_Spy/
Also I will shill Assault Spy once more as I always do now it regularly goes on sale for so cheap that its worth recomending even with its issues.
>>
>>619168856
Dohna Dohna
>>
REmake Raccoon City bundle which is 2+3 is what I am going to buy. Not sure about VIII. Bought back into BDO and hate myself for it. Finally, I am looking for some jrpg/anniemay game.
>>
Any arcade spaceship games reminiscent of the old rogue squadron games?
>>
>>619168931
>games you can enjoy while watching YouTube or Twitch on a second monitor.
you don't want a videogame, you want chores.
>>
>>619169070
I've been liking Trails in the Sky and Persona 5 Royal for anime.

>>619169095
the NEW Rogue Squadron is free on Epic if you haven't played it yet, if you hadn't heard.
>>
>>619168931
Any game going for all achievements.
>>
>>619168931
Factorio and Slay The Spire
>>
>>619168674
>lots of easy fodder to pulp
How much? Because i'm talking about serious sam or WWZ levels of guys to mow through.
>>
>>619168931
search up recommended open world game.
>>
>>619156561
anyone?
>>
>>619168931
You need to give us more details on what you find fun you brainlet.
I could just say
>Lol
>Play Pong
And if all that makes it replayable is 'fun', that could be true for you.
Specifically, what kind of games do you like? Roguelike? Roguelite? Open world? Online? All I can gather from your post is 'not story focussed' and I can assume you want things to grind towards, but maybe you don't and something like Slay The Spire where the grinding is gone almost instantly is good enough.
>>
>>619168949
Oh no no, it's similar to ICEY in gameplay but I can stomach it more than ICEY
The story is quite straightforward too so maybe I prefer that compared to meta shit ICEY has, can't really blame ICEY though, since it is released after every single youtuber plays stanley parable

>assault spy
My brother from another mother of african american descendant
Can't wait for the dev's next game
>>
>>619169498
I like all of the above and was open minded which is why I wasn't specific

3:<
>>
>>619168438
Would you recommend Bayonetta?
>>
>>619169095
Sky Rogue
>>
File: 470310_20220328025927_1.png (1.1 MB, 1920x1080)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>619168526
NTA
It's a pretty good SRPG with a really big focus on character building. Every character in the game has a board full of masteries, which are passive skills that modify something about that character. Some of them are flat stat increases, but a lot of them are things like "Immediately attack the first enemy that moves into an adjacent tile during their turn" or "Any time you take damage from an enemy, move towards them". Every enemy in the game has their own mastery board, and they can drop masteries on death, which you can then mix and match on your own characters. There are also mastery sets that do special things with specific mastery combinations on a character, like this one that makes the character's Life Drain into an AOE healing effect as well as spreading debuffs she causes when attacking,. Enemies have access to everything as well and from midgame onwards they've got proper builds. Endgame combat gets pretty crazy.
The game is really, really long though, and the pacing reflects that. A single run takes around 140 hours.
>very grind heavy
It's not actually grindy, it's just that there's a lot of stuff to grind for if you want to. They did a good job of making pretty much everything optional. You get more than enough masteries and loot just by playing the maps once. It's only if you want everything that you'll have to start replaying maps.
>>
File: uplink.png (726 KB, 1297x751)
726 KB
726 KB PNG
Play uplink. 15 years old and its the best hacking game of all time. You can play on a toaster too and only 20mb

Play Uplink
>>
>>619160707
About 3 hours.
>>
>>619158376
thanks i needed something to gift my gf, might play it too
>>
>>619168931
Depends what you mean be replayable/a lot of hours. I have 250 hours in Dragon's Dogma on like 3 full runs of the game, but other people have thousands of hours in multiplayer games.
>>
Are yakuza games good if I like sor4
>>
What's the best tower defense game that isn't bloons, defense grid or sanctum?
>>
File: 1656248664783.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>619170240
>I have 250 hours in Dragon's Dogma on like 3 full runs of the game
Back to back or off and off?
>>
>>619170342
On and off. Whenever I got into the mood I'd start a new run.
>>
>>619169515
>Can't wait for the dev's next game
He's making a new game? I assume he left the industry after how he left my wife half-finished and his game seemed to be a relative failure.

>>619169835
https://store.steampowered.com/app/460790/Bayonetta/
At this price? Sure. I went back to it recently and kind of wish I didn't, as I remembered it being like
Cutscene>Action>Action>Action>Cutscene (with death QTE)
When its more like
>Cutscene>Cutscene>Tremor>Act-Cutscene in the middle of a fight>Hit an enemy 2 ti-Another one but its also a QTE>Cutscene>Lava flow>QTE>Cutscene that hits you the instant it ends
You literally barely get to play the game and I really wish I left it in nostalgia land where I succesfully forgot about this.
But the actual core gameplay when you do get to fight, outside of boss fights (which are QTE spam for the most part), is really fun.
>>
>>619170265
iron brigade
>>
>>619170254
As long as you understand they aren't JUST a bmup and you'll have to walk around and do story shit, yes. The best parts of the games are like Spikeout where you're bumrushing multifloor buildings taking out like a billion different yakuza and shit.

start with 0, go in numerical rather than release order. It'll make you appreciate Yakuza 1 a thousand times more. Some people don't like this advice, but they're fucking gay and retarded so ignore them.
>>
>>619170424
you spend most of the time on the main game or DLC?
don't mind my autism.
>>
>>619168526
Remember the hero units that war of the chosen brought? Think of that, but significantly expanded
You do manage file and rank police units in many missions though
>>
File: viper.jpg (33 KB, 480x360)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>619170342
>tfw
>>
>>619170507
So 0, Kiwani then the rest? I have always been turned off by how non reactive the enemies are sometimes while with games like sor4 the enemies constant come at you
>>
>>619170031
I'll probably give it a chance. Thanks boss
>>
>>619170517
The more I play the more time I spend in BBI. I still spend a lot of time in the base game, but BBI is just too fucking good and too fucking fun to go through. I don't ever feel burnt out on BBI until I get to the level 3 gear gacha shit, then I stop my playthrough.
>>
Any good 3D platformers on sale or for cheap?
>>
>>619170626
Correct. And don't worry, the enemies will fuck you up on higher difficulties. Even on normal these aren't musou or DMC enemies, they will actively keep you engaged even if they aren't always tough.
>>
>>619170459
You don't seem to know what you're talking about.
>>
>>619170857
Okay brainlet.
>>
Atelier Ryza 2 worth getting the ultimate edition on steam or just pick it up for 25 from newegg?
>>
good games/rpgs with waifu collecting or dating sim elements?

stuff like Dragon Age, JRPGs, etc where I can gawk at cute girls intermittenly while enjoying otherwise buy-worthy gameplay or story?
>>
Is Hellblade worth playing?
>>
>>619171126
I just started it but seems pretty cool and atmospheric
>>
>>619170778
frogun
>>
>>619171126
if you like story driven games where the story is the main factor that shapes the gameplay and mechanics, yes
and keep in mind that the gameplay itself is slow, it's basically a narrative journey
>>
>>619155648
Keep spark
I'm playing it now because 3 looked interesting and its breddy gud
Like sonic X kirby with a dope ost
>>
should i get vampire survivors
or
outlast trinity + darkwood
or
darkwood + maybe majesty gold hd
or
infra + darkwood?
>>
>>619171728
Hmm what about darkwood + vamp survivors imo?
>>
Fucking walmart.. Missed BOTW for $29..

I guess I'll grab it for $30.
>>
>>619171728
Faith + Darkwood
>>
>>619169294
Oh yeah, you absolutely get to that point. I actually just finally managed to clear it, I'll pull a clip from later in that run and make it into a webm for you.
>>
>>619170626
Yes but I don't know why the other guy is lying about the enemies.
Enemy aggresion varies greatly between the games, with 3 and 5 being notably far more aggresive than any other in the series. And even those are not as aggresive as the average 2D Brawler. Enemy damage and health also varies a lot. Enemies in 0 do good damage, but die in like 2 hits as soon as you get a single (non-optional if you want to access the rest of your tree) attack upgrade. The ones in 5 are really aggresive, take more hits, but even on the hardest mode do basically no damage at all.
I played near every game in that series recently, half of them in a row, and the vast majority of them have very non-aggresive enemies.
>>
>>619170778
>3d platformers
>good
pick one
>>
>>619171728
Infra + Darkwood
>>
any games i can get laid irl?
>>
>>619172189
Yeah I'm a bit into 0 now and the enemies don't feel all too aggressive. I was really hoping for a 3r brawler with enemies like God hand or sor4 where they go after you relentlessly
>>
File: header.jpg (80 KB, 460x215)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Recommending Spookware. Fun spooky warioware game with fun skeletons.
>>
>>619173025
Honestly I think you're screwed looking for that kind of aggresion in a 3D action game. Even in something like DMC you're lucky if the enemies don't have random time wasting moves like roaring at the air they'll spam even on the hardest mode.
All that comes to mind that's on pc and is that aggresive is bloody spell, where if one enemy sees you they all instantly aggro and ram you with 100% pure aggrssion, but that game just boils down to spamming aoes as a result
>>
File: cart.png (164 KB, 797x693)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
What should I drop? Anything I should add?
>>
>>619150306
check out the creeper world games, best tower defense games out there imo
>>
>>619171126
I liked it, it's pretty short though
>>
>>619167870
Cant find it on steam
>>
>>619169294
Apparently I can't into webm at a decent res/size so I'll just drop a link in this thread when the vid uploads to YouTube.
>>
>>619161126
either buy that or the Complete Collection, much cheaper and fun
Its definitely way older though
>>
File: 1500644343941.jpg (416 KB, 800x1400)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
Good games to play with friends?
Played through
>EDF 4.1/5
>TMNT
>L4D2
>ROR1 + 2
>>
File: Apu.jpg (36 KB, 657x527)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>619166428
Is it worth getting if you dont have friends and play alone??
>>
>>619173364
Yeah there aren't many games that meet what I'm looking for. I figured I'd try 0 at least since it's sitting in my library. The combat is serviceable but these long cutscenes are killing me and I know they're a staple of the series.
>>
>>619167389
Uoh games are quite rare
>>
File: file.png (173 KB, 460x215)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
Is this worth getting?
>>
>>619173845
I've literally never partied up once and I've got over 700 hours in it. It's a very relaxing games on Normal once you're decently far along in the skill tree, and nicely challenging once you start going after Reincarnation runs.
>>
File: 1668613177151.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1080)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>619173692
Deep Rock
Grim Yawn
Divinity Original Sin 2
Resident Evil 5
Monster Hunter World and Rise (both are very distinct though)
Children of Morta
Gunfire Reborn
Survival with crafting mechanics #4000 (though I must say Grounded was fun imo)
Streets of Rage 4
Fight 'n' Rage
>>
File: 1619975010177.png (8 KB, 128x128)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>619166428
Some of my friends really love this game, and I wish I did too. Everytime I try to play it with them I start checking out partway through the 2nd world.
>>
>>619170047
Does t have a good tutorialm
>>
>>619152038
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/hiddengemdiscovery

Join this group. This is where I've found a lot of my favorite current indie games.
>>
Are there any good RPGs with character customization I could play? I was thinking about getting Pathfinder ROTR or that Dark Shard Game
>>
Why the fuck isn't dark souls 3 on sale I skipped it and feel an itch for it now but sekiro is on sale
>>
File: 5 star game.png (2 KB, 182x33)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
https://store.steampowered.com/app/3320/Insaniquarium_Deluxe/
Ahem.
>>
hate rogueshit with a passion but the art is so good. any anons played this?
>>
>>619174035
Nothing wrong with that. I've got games like that too that people keep pestering me to play with them but I just bounce off of.
>>
How did I do before I hit buy?

The last 2 are gifts
>>
>>619174035
Just say no lol?
I don't get the issue.
>>
File: 1667947997352116.gif (734 KB, 220x220)
734 KB
734 KB GIF
I want a game with cute girls in it, nudity is a plus
>>
>>619174836
If you're getting into VNs just now then it's a good start. Demon Slayer looks like every other arena fighter, you sure it's worth 30 dollaridoos?
>>
>>619174836
get normal rdr2
>>
>>619157963
>Wild Guns is on Steam
FUCK. I bought that on the Switch.
>>
>>619173567
Update: I'm a ding dong and YouTube neglected to mention unverified accounts can't upload videos that don't have clickbait thumbnails or are longer than fifteen minutes.
>>
I thought Vampire Survivors looked fun so I bought it...it doesnt start, I get a white screen. Tried every solution in every thread and nothing worked. Gay. I like the "no buttons required but you run around and kill lots of shit with various auto attacks" genre.
>>
File: 939123.png (65 KB, 432x325)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
Can pull the trigger now?
Ive never played a sonic game before desu i just got interested in it for some reason
>>
File: Capture.png (177 KB, 932x720)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
Rate this? thinking of getting rid of prey maybe adding Persona 5 or the new Star Ocean
>>
File: steam_feYKlvQvln.png (205 KB, 332x432)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
Is this a good game? Someone told me its easy and I'm trying to get in the Civ genre so I'm assuming its a good barrier of entry.
>>
Bought BF 2042 because why not. Game runs like dogshit on high end hardware, especially in the 100+ servers. Shame really, was expecting all the shilling to be somewhat believable. Oh well, easy refund, maybe next year they'll get their shit together when it is selling for 10 bucks.
>>
>>619176259
They were trolling you, or you are baiting. The game is famously complicated. Rimworld is a better entry point unless you want something really simple.
>>
>>619176347
>The game is famously complicated
It doesn't look that hard desu judging by the screenshots. I will probably try it when it first comes out.
>>
>>619176513
The complexity isn't something you can really see on just screenshots sadly. Just beware and do your research into what you are getting into, since it's not a game for everyone and it doesn't compromise for mass appeal.
>>
>>619176168
Star Ocean runs like absolute shit from what I've heard. I was planning on getting it too. Persona is obviously worth it, but that's a lot of vidya considering the Yakuza will already take you like 200 hours
>>
>>619176704
Yeah, thanks.
Anon
>>
>>619176259
Its mostly a wait for cool stuff to happen sim.

>>619176347
Its famously obtuse, not complicated. Mostly because of the UI. At its core its very simple; plant mushrooms for infinite 0 effort sustainence, punch walls for rocks, turn rocks into shit, sell shit to elves, afk and wait for something cool to happen as 99.999% of its content are either
A: Functionally the same shit, just with different names
B: The same shit with different names and like 1 meaningful statistical difference (ie which rocks can hold lava back)
Once you beat the final boss of the game, which is the UI, its a very simple gameplay loop.
The rerelease probably has a better UI but I still wouldn't rec it as a way to get into the 'civ genre'. It, Rimworld and Amazing Cultivation Sim (Dwarf Fort chinese edition) are sim games, not civ games. The former two take place on very small sections of the map for the most part.
>>
I'm looking for games with enjoyable exploration.
>>
>>619155648
Worlds is good. Getting the true end was a bit convoluted and I had to parse through all the frog-speak forum posts since the dev is french, but the game itself is fun. Only go for the true end of you really enjoy the game.
>>
File: file.png (1.73 MB, 1280x720)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>619168931
lots of people play Kenshi for thousands of hours. Terraria is another one.
if you want something less well known, Death Road to Canada has something like 6 years worth of content updates by now. I've probably played it for close to 1000 hours across various devices and still enjoy it. It also almost never goes on sale but is currently 75% off on steam.
>>
>>619177054
gimme an example of what you consider enjoyable exploration
>>
>fast-paced
>highly replayable short runs
>simple straightforward gameplay
>(if possible) cool aesthetic and good soundtrack
Gib recs you beautiful friends sirs
>>
File: 1662857088378655.jpg (280 KB, 1280x1707)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>619177009
So I found out about the other version in ASCII
I just started a game and I dug down really far thinking it was like minecraft.
A message appears and now all I see are these "&" symbols. wtf
>>
>>619177225
Severed Steel
>>
>>619176936

dang i was trying to play it on the steam deck so if it runs like ass on PC itll run like ass on the steam deck as well
>>
File: porn game logic.jpg (304 KB, 1776x997)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>619174836
Regular version of RDR2 is fine.

That's a LOTTA VN's but I am proud of you for your choices. Enjoy them all.

>>619174946
Just play Evenicle. It's the best visual novel turn based roleplaying eroge ever.

>pic related
>>
File: 1578627721997.gif (1.61 MB, 420x420)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB GIF
>>619174946
utawarerumono (yes its the name and be warned its a VN with some gameplay also there is some nudity idk and like it even I fucking hate Visual Novels )
>>
>>619177054
Subnautica
>>
>>619177356
Looks sweet thank you sir
>>
Should I get Bug Fables or Rain World?
>>
>>619177225
Andro Dunos 2
Annalynn
Assault Android Cactus
Distance
Downwell
Freedom Planet
Slime-san
Tinertia
>>
recommend me a video game
>>
>>619178129
last command
>>
>>619178129
Small penis simulator

Oh wait that's real life lmaooo
>>
>your wife will let you pick 2-3 games depending on the prices

>what do you pick?
>>
>>619178217
I give my wife das boot and buy everything. I also celebrate our divoce by playing Summer Memories.
>>
>>619178129
Jackie Chan
>>
>>619178217
Ys I+II, drop the rest and grab 2 more Ys games.
>>
>>619178217
Summer Memories + DLC
>>
>>619178397
You don't boot a wifey like this. She likes to watch me play some of my porn games. Her reactions make it all the better.

>>619178498
I've got oath in felghana so I could theoretically snag that + origins.

>>619178551
Usually I am pretty anti-DLC though... hmmm
>>
>>619173407
drop troubleshooter, its a piece of gook trash

the rest of that looks fine
>>
File: 8xvxmvmg4fp51.png (166 KB, 640x640)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>619178129
Binary domain
Akane
Brothers
Fate
Eryi's Action
God eater
Half Minute hero
Kero Blaster
Momodora
>>
>>619178628
>I've got oath in felghana so I could theoretically snag that + origins.
If you do that play I+II then Origin before the any others since it's the closest thing to a direct sequel/prequel that you'll get in the franchise since the rest of the games are pretty self contained. Oath is my favorite out of them all.

Also Summer Memories is good shit too if it ticks your fetish boxes, but I pirated it personally.
>>
hows gal gun 2 in VR?
>>
couple of rando literalwho indie platformers and a couple of puzzle games. no huge deals im interested in this sale.
>>
File: 1656824172981.png (645 KB, 1280x720)
645 KB
645 KB PNG
>>619178846
The YS games have the best deals so I guess it's time to beat'em all.

I'm a sucker for story chronological order and this sounds perfect.

Had to pick up ASTLIBRA too just because I played the demo and it's been on my wishlist for over a year
>>
>>619179135
I'm always down for some puzzle games. No hating here, anon.
>>
>>619179567
Check out Filament if you haven't already.
>>
Is The Medium really that bad? Also Samurai Showdown yes or not?
>>
just pulled the trigger
>Age of Empires II Definitive
>Deadeye Deepfake Simulacrum
>Stephen's Sausage Roll
>Omori
>Boneraiser Minions
>Doom Eternal
I'm ready for a gaming weekend like no other.
>>
>>619179854
Nu Samsho is great and it's getting rollback this january. Buy it before it gets the rollback tax
>>
>got a Deck
>Dark Souls games will never be on sale anymore
JUST
U
S
T
>>
>>619179931
You had so many years to get them, I don't understand you people.
Anyways, just wait until winter sale before despairing and shit.
>>
>>619179854
Medium is really mid. That's not a joke.
Samsho is dead so if you are ok with single player or discord crawling for games until rollback update then yeah its a good game.
>>
>>619179854
The Medium is ok. Has some creepy vibes, good atmosphere. I wouldn't pay more than $15 for it personally though.
>>
>>619174708
I played a demo a year or so ago, it was fun for a minute and I've been tempted to buy but I keep thinking it was bullshit since you only have so many actual "attacks" to use.
>>
File: 1655760330789.png (23 KB, 879x125)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
I was going to wait on this but sure
>>
>>619174708
I have it, it's fun. Never got very far though
>>
>>619180916
It's 43 USD on cdkeys anon.
>>
>>619156143
Autism
>>
>>619180916

Wait isn't RE4 like super old? You can get that on consoles for like $20 at any time.

WTF does the deluxe contain? Doubt it's worth it.
>>
>>619181552
It's next year's remake, bro.
Have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>619181301
Deluxe version but still yeah that's five bucks gone, oh well
>>
>>619181641
WHAT?!

Yes, apparently, I have been.
>>
>>619154017
You don't need either of those, or food, you need Ender Lilies.
>>
>>619176259
This is a life sim/city management/roguelike/farming sim/open world/crafing/survival/etc game in one and is the only one to really pull it all off at the same time
>>
Sell me on Bug Fables
>>
How is OneShot? I know the dev is a tranny but I'm willing to put that aside and only judge the game
>>
>>619182398
https://e621.net/posts?tags=bug_fables+order%3Ascore
>>
>>619176961
Also be aware for this game especially:
Losing is Fun!
Part of the non-adventure mode fun is seeing what ridiculous happenstances lead to your forts inevitable downfall so unless your doing a run to learn stuff dont worry to much about it happening.
>>
>>619179331
>Had to pick up ASTLIBRA
Based, hope you'll have fun like I had 100% it.
>>
>>619165767

I fuckin' love it, but only with bros. I do not like battle royale games, but the way Hunt does it is very enjoyable.
It rewards patience and moving tactically, rather than just running around like a chicken with its head cut off
>>
>>619178079
May Shiva send blessings upon your village sir
>>
File: 1642720879941.jpg (81 KB, 547x531)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
I need a DS3 deal.
>>
File: sadge-600.png (43 KB, 600x600)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>619183721
I was hoping to pick up the pre-scholar version of DS2 for peanuts this sale. Alas.
>>
File: 1645921230207.jpg (292 KB, 915x1006)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
>got BallisticNG last year since I hear it was made by a /agdg/ anon
>didnt play it because I was deep into Pathologic 2
>forgot about it
>gonna buy it in the sale
>"hey I already own the game"
>utterly shit at racing games but whatever lets play
>tfw I end up playing seven hours straight and I have to work in one hour
Ok this game is hard but fucking fun. I never played the original Wipeout games that inspired BallisticsNG but Im kinda hooked.
>>
>>619156143
Lots of diversity.
>>
>>619169294
https://youtu.be/p_wsyCpFIWQ
Here's that clip. Gets pretty hectic about twenty minutes into the run, but it's a blast. Qing Yan's one of my favorites for a good reason.
>>
>>619186009
Fuck, didn't even check the audio. Whatever, I'm taking it down once someone's had a look at it.
>>
Games with online components that I should grab because they would otherwise be a pain in the ass to pirate and play online?
>>
>>619186009
eesh, this seems like it has as bad gun handling as Immortal Redneck and I couldn't stand playing that game for more than one run per day. You get more OP in build but still don't actually feel like you're doing much, just having number get bigger.
>>
>>619187169
No, I've played both and Immortal Redneck is awful compared to Gunfire.
>>
>>619187169
Nowhere near, honestly. Immortal Redneck feels clumsy by comparison, I'm just bad at games and never bothered to tune the controls any better.
>>
I want some chill games for the Steam deck.
Which games should I check out?
>>
>>619187517
Also worth noting that the progress in this is nothing like how it is in the main campaign. It's a much more structured flow, more methodical. It's honestly hard to tell since I ended up speccing purely around my primary skill, the flying kick, but there's also elemental damage and hybrid effects that spawn from activating them together on the same enemy, you can interrupt enemy attacks with good timing, explosive weapons have knockback, you can proc special effects based on the unique skills of your character, things like that. I promise I wouldn't recommend this game as highly as I do unless I thought it had something going for it.
>>
>>619186941
Monhuns, Niohs, anything coop like Deep Rock Galactic.
>>
Recommend me games with great soundtracks
>>
>>619188450
Any genres in particular?
>>
>>619188560
not really
>>
>>619188594
The Ascent, Furi, Death Stranding, RUINER, Risk of Rain, FTL, No Man's Sky.
>>
Ryza or Monster Hunter Rise for something comfy?
>>
File: cart.jpg (81 KB, 598x703)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Anything to add or remove?
r8 and h8 /v/.
>>
>>619188960
They'll both fulfill that. It's a question of whether you want a turn-based rpg or an action game?
>>
I don't know what the fuck to buy, my library of games is already stacked.

Is Age of Empires IV good?
>>
>>619189321
Never played an Atelier game before, will probably try out Ryza then. I still have Iceborne anyway if I want some of that MH experience. Thanks.
>>
>>619189590
>JRPGs
play a real game.
>>
Is the God Eater series good as a Monster Hunter enjoyer? Also how about Ni no Kuni 1 and 2?
>>
Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst
Mark of the Ninja: Remastered
Ni no Kuni™ II: Revenant Kingdom
Virgo Versus The Zodiac
Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling
FIGHT KNIGHT
FAITH: The Unholy Trinity
Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga
HROT
POSTAL: Brain Damaged
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition
Killer is Dead

Which games should I get out of these?
>>
>>619190086
Mirror's edge is pretty nice in my book.
Symphony of war is pretty much a fire emblem with western anime vibe into it (think: avatar)
>>
Any good co-op recs? So far me and my friends have played
>Deep Rock
>Risk of Rain 1/2
>Killing Floor 1/2
>Gunfire Reborn
>Roboquest
>Rampage Knights
Preferably shooters or hack n slash.
>>
>>619147247
i did and now i'm feeling empty inside
give me something to fill the hole
>>
>>619189961
I didn't play GE3, the previous are decent, but the monster roster is pretty thin. A lot more focus on AI allies and character melodrama, which I warmed up to eventually. Also the AI is borked at 60 FPS. they still slash away at monsters, but can't do charge attacks and coop actions.
>>
>>619189906
Such as?
>>
>>619147027
any good rich single player stories like outer wilds?
can be more actiony but i just want a good story
>>
Cant play DayZ or Tarkov anymore because i'm on my shitty laptop,any good game to fill my hobocore thirst?
>>
>>619190190
I remember that there was a lot if controversy around the release of Catalyst. Was that because of bad performance or the open world?
>is pretty much a fire emblem
I never played a fire emblem game
>>
File: 39-1641570018-1561416769.jpg (262 KB, 1920x1080)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>619163285
Only Rise has mesh-modded outfits and nude bodies.
>>
File: konatasip.gif (390 KB, 500x283)
390 KB
390 KB GIF
I bought one step from eden, it felt like mega man battle network on ADHD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpvTaUp333w
The music is pretty fucking good though, does it get repetitive fast? Asking to see if i should refund it because while it was fun for a couple of runs i can see it getting stale.
>>
>>619190086
catalyst sucks ass the original is much better
>>
any hidden gem deckbuilders?
>>
bros if i buy smt nocturne remake would it show on discord as a full colored icon or like one of those games where it just shows a grey box for it
>>
>>619182457
It has some clever puzzles, but it's mostly a walking sim. If the screenshots don't seem appealing to you don't bother buying it
>>
File: 1640572385281.webm (350 KB, 422x296)
350 KB
350 KB WEBM
>>619193453
>>
>Doom Eternal
>Crash Bandicoot 4
Not much, I've got a bunch of stuff on my grill already and Christmas is around the corner anyway.
>>
>>619190086
I've been playing Fight Night. It's quite fun, the only problem I have is that it can get a bit monotonous. The base "arsenal" isn't terribly big and you don't unlock a whole lot of stuff to expand it.
I'd still recommend it, but be warned.
>>
>>619147569
looks like the gayest shit imaginable
>>
I'm not into RTS like that. How different is Age of Empires II to something like Warcraft 3? Is there a good amount of history in the game?
>>
File: necromancy is cool.jpg (310 KB, 1200x900)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
How the fuck was Conquest of Elysium posted in this thread and not it's infinitely superior cousin, Dominions?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

This is the best strategy game for autistic retards. Are you autistic and retarded? Do you want to raise 1 billion skeletons? Maybe you prefer setting the air on fire and watching the enemy army cook? Or perhaps you'd rather offer up a few virgin women to the Lords of Hell in exchange for demonic power? All that is available to you and more in the hit autism experience Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith.
>>
I bought Raft with some friends. So far its fun but its getting repetitive
>gather trash floating
>gather stuff in island
>Try to kill the shark
>im thirsty and hungry
is there more to the game later on?
>>
>>619195092
are you like 15?
>>
>>619190603
Look up Remnant
>>
>>619195079
Isn't this better played with other people since AI is either too easy to cheats
>>
>>619149103
>Eranorth Chronicles
Game looks sick, thanks anon.
>>
File: 1641990933200.gif (623 KB, 360x263)
623 KB
623 KB GIF
So I bought Asterigos and loved it, any other indie games like that? What about Kena?
>>
any good fallout 1/2 like games?
>>
>>619196981
Age of Decadence
Atom RPG
Wasteland 2/3
>>
File: cart.jpg (36 KB, 634x512)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>
>>619147027
>bought Trails of Cold Steel III
>it's literally a rehash of Trails of Cold Steel I
holy shit these gooks have scammed me for the last time
dropping this garbage franchise
I'll pretend it ended after Trails in the Sky SC
>>
File: file.png (49 KB, 613x224)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
should?
>>
>>619147162
>Diablo clone?
Chronicon is good if you can accept the visuals
>>
>>619147162
Grim Dawn
Titan Quest
Wolcen
Sacred
Torchlight 2
Path of Exile
>>
>>619197386
Did you not notice that Sky SC was a repeat of FC, going in the same circle anticlockwise around the same big lake?
>>
I want a game with some fan service why is it so hard to find ?
>>
>>619197428
Scarlet Nexus is ass
>>
>see game on sale on steam
>check g2a/gog
>cheaper there
every time
>>
>>619197598
If you want a game with upskirt shots, try Shining Resonance Refrain. It's mediocre, but the panty shots is good. Swimsuit outfits too.
>>
>>619195705
This looks right up my alley ty anon
>>
>>619197560
it was a different story at least
ToCS3 is the exact same premise down to the same field exercises as ToCS1
>>
Wherever I go, I must shill Wuppo.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/400630/Wuppo_Definitive_Edition/
It's a platformer with some fun systemic elements. Pretty much the epitome of "oh, they thought of that".
The beginning is pretty slow and kinda linear, though. I think it gets better once you return to the Wumhouse.
>>
>>619197885
>thought morbid the seven acolytes for $1.99 on steam was a good price
>it's 50 cents on key sites
>>
File: 20221125101108_1.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1080)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
Can anyone recommend some games with good exploration & gameplay? I'll give you some examples of a variety of games that I think fit that mold.
Spiderweb Software games (Avernum, Avadon, Geneforge), Worlds, Northern Journey, Rainworld, Cruelty Squad
I am also interested in any unusual/unique games, like world of horror, king of dragon pass, fear & hunger, brigador, games that stand out for being unique
also any roguelikes more in the vein of classic actual roguelikes like adom, caves of qud, cogmind, golden krone hotel, tales of maj'eyal, etc
please
>>
>>619199157
Noita
>>
>>619199243
Good rec but I already have that one
>>
>>619147162
What the fuck, why is it 5e now?
When I bought it back then it was like 75cents and not even on sale.
>>
Should I get One Step from Eden or Symphony of War?
>>
Any recommended roguelike on sale? I wanna try getting into the genre
>>
>>619190086
Mark of the Ninja is pretty fun
Avoid Ni No Kuni 2
FAITH is great
Divinity: OS 2 is good, but not as good as OS 1

>>619189961
NNK 1 is good at one thing - creating a fairy tale-like atmosphere. In fact, it's great at it
NNK 2 has a great start but VERY quickly fizzles out. Avoid
>>
>>619199157
Advert City
Cultist Simulator
Lilith Odyssey
Nauticrawl
Lucah Born a Dream looks quite unique and actually has a very solid combat system.
Intergalactic Fishing
Broken Reality (if you're into vaporwave)

stuff like ADOM
Mainframe Defenders
Horizon's Gate/Voidspire Tactics
Of Blades and Tails
Entity Researchers
Approaching Infinity
>>
>>619199157
Warsim the Realm of Aslona
>Warsim is a deep and rich text based kingdom management game unlike anything else. Complete with charming ASCII graphics, navigate the millions of different procedurally generated races, events and areas with a huge emphasis on player choice
>>
>>619199848
Played some but haven't heard of others, will check out thanks anon.
>>619199928
Played it but great rec, Warsim is a fantastic game.
>>
>>619200000
forgot a couple
--Mu Cartographer (pictured) is a game where you use an alien control board to solve puzzles you don't understand the parameters of with dials and readouts you don't understand either. Most players say it takes an hour or two to really understand the controls which is most of the fun, then you can start to unravel the mystery of what you're actually messing with. I totally forgot about this game but I should have been recommending it a lot more, its probably the most "super weird unique mechanics" game I know of.
--Driver - is a game where you draw on a map to give instructions to a rally car driver, kind of a weird 2nd person kinda vibe
--Ace of Seafood is also on sale for $2.40, its a really weird/cool japanese Starfox-like shooter where you play as various ocean-life fighting other ocean life
--Dap is a horror pikmin-like with really great art.
--ShemHaMephorash is a cool weird strategy game I haven't tried but want to (this one isn't on sale actually)
>>
How are the NEKOPARA games? I'm thinking of buying the bundle. On that note, what are some good anime/hentai games?
>>
>>619200623
Castle in the Clouds DX is the best looking hentai game I've seen in a minute.
>>
File: 1645826658050.png (1.73 MB, 1600x900)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>619200623
>hentai
Go with the big 4
>Monster Girl Quest
>Sengoku Rance
>Kamidori Alchemy Meister
>Black Souls
Very few other hentai games are worth it. Not counting VNs here, but let me know if you want a beginner's VN recommendation list

Just note that most aren't available on Steam
>>
>>619184290
Why prescholar? The SotFS is the best version of DS2.
>>619183721
I wanted to get a remastered one. Got it on PS for 10 euros or so but I can't get a sweet deal on Steam for the life of me.
>>
>>619199157
>unusual/unique games
Knock Harder - hurry to tell mirage from reality as your mind is being invaded. Amateurish, bullshit at times, but very tense.
Hammerfight - physics based gladiatorial helicopter fights, the most satisfying flail you'll ever see
>>
Are there any games on Steam like Metroid Prime? The only thing I've come across is Prey and That's really only a superficial comparison. Still a fun game, though.
>>
>>619200907
*Dark Souls Remastered.
>>
How is Symphony of War?
>>
>>619173980
Oh nice I did not know it had a steam release
>>
>>619200805
NTA but could you post the VN list?
>>
>>619173980
Returns is boring to play and blueballs you with cut bosses. It is pretty, but many levels are 70% invisible platforms over nothing. The original is very good, and the art design is timeless.
>>
>>619200805
Okay i bite, recommend me asomegood bondage/bdsm porn games with female mc. Don't care if vn or not.
>>
>>619200943
Hammerfight is actually really damn cool. I bought it during some Christmas sale in like 2011 and never played it till this year but its a great time waster/flash game type thing. The physics are indeed very satisfying.
>>
>>619147027
>Refunded two 0.70 games
I enjoy that an intern at valve is manually having to review my cases because I'm such a fucking heinberg
>>
>>619200943
based hammerfight enjoyer
>>
>>619200805
>>619201174
Original Anon here, could you post the list please? I'll definitely get black souls. I've heard many good things about it.
>>
File: Baldr Sky.webm (2.82 MB, 480x360)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB WEBM
>>619201174
>>619201434
>recommended for beginners
Saya no Uta
13 Sentinels
Ace Attorney
Zero Escape
Katawa Shoujo
Steins;Gate

>great, but wouldn't recommend as your first VN
Full Metal Daemon Muramasa (+Hanachirasu first)
Dies Irae
Kara no Shoujo
Symphonic Rain
Underwaterrayromano
Chaos;Head Noah
Muv-Luv (trust me bro, it gets good 30 hours in)
Little Busters

>great gameplay, mediocre story
Baldr Sky
>>
>>619156561
Lunistice for $5
basically a more developed Toree 3D and you can unlock him as a character in it
>>
>>619201265
I don't particularly care for these, but the upcoming Demons Roots should be what you're looking for, I think
>>
Did anyone try Star Renegades? How is it?
>>
What do you think about thymesia? Should I get it on sale?
>>
>>619201648
just started playing lunistice and something about the movement just makes it feel like the nicest 3d platformer I've ever played. I freaking hate platformers which create difficult by gimping the controls, Lunistice is the exact opposite, it uses its freedom of movement to create even crazier levels.
>>
>>619201878
I havent played that but I will shill this game "We Who Are About to Die" a bit, its like all these "realistic" medieval combat games that have been a thing the past few years but with a ton of actual depth to the weapons combat physics. Not on sale since it just came out but keep it in mind, I really like it. It's set in gladiatorial combat at the roman colosseum
>>
>>619178217
ys I+II time for based bump combat and Song of Conquest
>>
>>619159075
>>619166428
>>619173993
For all the people wondering about cool FPS Roguelikes here is my personal favorite series, I'm surprised its not more well known. The first game is great but a little basic the second game takes the formula and really takes it to its full potential. The gameplay in these are super smooth and fast, almost feels like playing Quake. And the enemies and bosses and weapons are all really nice. It's up there as one of the best "FPS-magic" games I've ever played without even considering the great roguelike mechanics.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/308420/Ziggurat/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1159560/Ziggurat_2/
>>
I just bought this and I just pirate all my games
>>
>>619202491
What makes 2 that much better?
>>
I just got my first paycheck and Im going to clean my wishlist, so help me choose between these:
>Siralim 1,2 and Ultimate (I have 3)
>Bounty of One
>Rhythm Fighter
>Rhythm Doctor
>Frogun
>Rogue Tower
>Pirates Outlaws
>Ember Knights
>30XX
>Orx
>Axiom Verge 2
>Card Shark
>Foretales
>Islets
>Divinity Original Sin 2
>Tyrant's Blessing
>Across the Obelisk
>Potionomics (ngl im an Atelier and Recettear fag)

Any recommendations?

By the way, there is any reason to explain why the Vestaria Sagas and the Pixel Remasters arent on sale or it is simple greed?
>>
>>619149529
>>619149202
Last Call is pretty Kino. Zachtronics usually are obtuse as fuck but the minigames in BBS are fun as fuck

Also it has a fucking gunpla simulator, why the hell NOBODY but a obtuse game developer has made a gunpla simulator yet
>>
>>619193102
Chrono Ark
Lost Branch of Legend
Erannorth chronicles
Ring of Pain
>>
>>619203223
it just has a lot more meta-progression, more levels with more varied environments and more guns and spells its like double or triple the stuff you can do. But Ziggurat 1 is still pretty damn great on its own,

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.