[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: thmb-treilar.jpg (69 KB, 800x450)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
Where did it all go so wrong.
>>
File: dst-154-trinisphere.jpg (205 KB, 672x936)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
Play MtG instead, at least you don't have to deal with floodga...
>>
>learned my lesson with Duel Links
>see people jump on the Master Duel hype
>literally turned to the same bullshit
I fucking warned you all.
>>
>>608133295
W-what about Cross Duels?
>>
>>608133065
>play a worse game instead
>>
>>608131057
What happened?
Im not a degen that plays card games digitally, paper or fuck off.
>>
all the noobs left after the first month and now you're playing against people who actually know how to play
>>
>>608133474
EDH is the only good part about it.
>>
>>608133750
grim
>>
File: 1645095494246.png (623 KB, 534x609)
623 KB
623 KB PNG
Do you still hear the music of your opponent's field skin or now buying those damn thing is actually worth it now?
>>
>>608131057
What happened? I stopped playing in june
>>
File: mmm.jpg (263 KB, 1045x1085)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
I have a harpy deck. It's okay but far from perfect. It looks like "fixing" it will be crazy expensive though and honestly, I'm not sure its worth the gems or dust to bother since even at maximum power it would only be just okayish right? Still, harpies can be fun so I wanna see if I can make them better.

Anyway here's the deck I have planned. Let me know if I'm on the right track before I commit more resources to it. I'm not really asking for ways to make it more budget friendly, more for final approval before I end up spending yanno? I'm sure there's probably some cards I haven't heard of or combos I'm not seeing that will make me need to rework the deck, even after netdecking it a bit.

That being said, after netdecking I don't see why Number 11 Big Eye and Number 42 Galaxy Tomahawk are in decks. There's no lv7 monsters being run so I'm not sure why they're being included? I see Excode Talker run too but it seems to depend off Galaxy Tomahawk's Tokens as material for link spider to get enough cybverse monsters on the field to link into it.

I'd appreciate any and all help y'all could give me, cheers.
>>
Everyone was talking about how dark magician and marincess support was in the next pack and how its going to be the start of BASED decks. But its actually beetroopers, Nordic, and D/D support? Seriously where the fuck are people getting these "leaks" from? I swear this is like the third time this has happened. I guess I'm just gonna spend my gems now then.
>>
>>608131057
Ban Sneedlefiber
Ban Auroradron
Ban Verte
Ban Adventurer Tokens
Ban Skill Drain
Now the game is playable
>>
>>608135030
DM even with support is shit
t. plays that shit IRL and has dropped way too much money on it to stop picking up all support
>>
>>608135030
All of those are cards from BACH, this is just the first wave of BACH
>>
Why does Rush Duel have better art?
>>
>>608135102
Shit. I like DM and I was hoping the support would help fix it. You know what mildly annoys me though? I was net decking how to make it better and the best deck I found online was
>DPE
>Baronne
>Swordsoul Chingying

The best way to run Dark Magician is as a subpar engine for getting your average Swordsoul board out. I tried it in edopro and its a really fucking strong board but all it made me do is think "man, no wonder swordsoul is so fucking strong". In a weird way, this might actually be better than Swordsoul because it doesn't rely on tokens so Token Collector is a brick in the opponent's deck.
>>
>>608135261
This reminds me of that Sailor Moon ecchi parody anime, Papillion Rose. The cat looked just like this, but it had condoms on its tail instead of a ring and it gave blowjobs to human men.
>>
>>608133690
Netdecking a synchro pile doesn't require that much skill, but if it makes you feel better about yourself go for it
>>
>>608135737
>Sychro pile
Does that work? XYZ pile I could get since there's a fair few decks out there that just constantly summon lv4 monsters. Sychro pile feels like it needs a hell of a lot more planning to make sure the numbers and amount of tuners line up
>>
Will dinomorphia be good or should I just build eldlich?
>>
>>608135430
Holy shit I need to find that
>>
>>608135849
Every synchro pile use auroradon + 1 lvl tuner that reborn itself, every time you always use the same monsters you don't need to plan anything
>>
>>608131057
Modern YGO being irredeemable shit.
>>
>>608135261
A cat is fine too
>>
>>608136287
Oh. Oh its just the same deskbot/halq/auradoron combo but you swap the trappings around? So it'd be like "man look at my SOVL junkbot deck!" and its just fucking auradoron huh?
>>
>>608131057
The problem isn't Master Duel, which is as good of an online YGO simulator as anyone could have possibly hoped for - the problem is YGO itself. Or more specifically, Konami's inability to balance the game so that not every deck needs to rely on a plethora of staples to be competitively viable.

As it is now, it's one long barrage of Ash Blossom, Maxx C, Nibiru, Droplet, CTTG, Crystron, Verte, DPE, etc. regardless of what type of deck you're even going against. It gets comical because what happens now is that I'll be dueling someone, get the upper hand and exhaust their combos, then they sit there for a few seconds and segue right into Verte>DPE because it fits in every deck and it works too well. Then I do the same thing in response and we both sit there with our dicks out like retards.

It's a problem because it kills variety. And then on top of that they keep introducing new cards that are also mega-AIDS like floowandereeze, which is basically just "sit and watch your opponent move cards around until you get so fucking bored you scoop" - literally a fillibuster strategy lel. But you see what I'm getting at here with this rambling? YGO itself needs to have a more potent banlist, and then Konami needs to stop making shitty cards going forward. Master Duel itself isn't the issue.
>>
>>608131057
Literally the best TCG in the market right now.
Also I need a beetrooper decklist help
>>
>>608136202
Eldlich is superior and more consistent, but Dinomorphia will perform at the same level if you have good draws.
>>
>>608136941
reject modernity, return to GOAT on EDOPro
>>
>>608137976
I still prefer playing modern shitdecks. The moment you step out of the metafaggotry the game is actually a lot of fun
>>
>>608137667
Well no, Weiß Schwarz has the anime waifus and a balance game. You can add anything to the deck and it's still balance. Weiß Schwarz is the only best TCG.
>>
File: macaron.png (308 KB, 305x449)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
>>
File: toast.gif (545 KB, 600x829)
545 KB
545 KB GIF
>yugioh mood
>don't feel like booting up master duel and playing against adventurer flundersoul feat. DPE
thank god for the casual mode, I would probably have quit in a week or two if it wasn't for that
>>
>>608136941
All card game at high level are about using different staples to slap each other with.
>>
>>608138509
casual cue just got added in yesterday...
>>
>>608133065
MTG is fucking psychotically woke. The whole game is like a bad dream.
>>
>>608134954
Harpie Channeler+ Pet Dragon = Level 7 XYZ
>>
>>608139087
free galaxy tomahawk combo, fuck yea
>>
File: dog_chocolate.jpg (62 KB, 541x415)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>608138509
>"Thank god for casual mode!"
>Casual mode is just filled with Swordsoul Adventure DPE engine featuring Chris Chan Halqifibrax and Salsa Verde players to feel good about themselves by dunking on casual babbies
>>
>>608131057
>image of video game
>"where did it all go wrong"
Holy fuck is this just bait or are you all really this boring?
>>
>>608135053
t. drytroon
>>
File: old february harpie deck.png (1001 KB, 1078x865)
1001 KB
1001 KB PNG
>>608134954
Same anon as >>608139087
I would add in wing requital. Its literally just pot of greed in a harpie deck. This was my deck profile back around February. It definitely took you to plat back then but it would need some work to do well now (unless you just make people scoop to harpie feather storm which happens a lot)
>>
>>608139087
Oh god channeler's level effect never comes up usually so I totally forgot about it! Dragon, huh? Does Pet Dragon or Pet Baby Dragon count as a harpie card? It's got the word Harpie's in its name, I actually don't recall if I've ever seen it as an option. Cause if so, Pet Dragon makes a hell of a lot of sense...

>>608139434
Oh nice! This is the sort of tech I'm missing. And I appreciate the deck too!
>>
>>608136941
wrong, most simulators don't force you to play the chink autist garbage OCG meta
>>
>>608139848
Yeah, I'm 90% sure she can summon pet dragon. Normally I'd recommend going into perfumer but Pet Dragon is an option if you need a level 7 XYZ to out something, like with Big Eye. Slotting in one Pet Dragon is a good start. Integrating tri-brigade cards is a popular move too, but I made the deck as a fun one so I wanted to keep it pure. Obviously my extra deck wasn't even complete so you can have some fun there too.

The fun thing is harpie's have a ton of busted cards at their disposal because the archetype itself is decently weak.
>>
>>608131057
Game is unplayable currently, auroradon rose dragon shit is everywhere and it's unironically more cancer than Drytron at its peak, atleast you could instawin with DD crow there
>>
>Adimanciaptor nigger takes 40 minutes to play a game
>Can’t surrender because I’m trying to complete missions
We should of nuked the japs back to the stone age when we had rhe chance
>>
>>608131057
The closer it get to current ygo, the worse it get
so it's only going to get worse and worse
>>
Just got here. Has the obsessed schizo with the hateboner for dkayed derailed the thread yet?
>>
>>608140994
Dkayed?
All I remember was the dragonmaid hate boner schizo from 2 months ago
>>
>>608131057
>Play Swordsoul Tenyi (No Cuckroradon / isekai whore shit), play against the afromentioned decks ad nauseum and instalose
>Suddenly play an even more unfair deck
>Win and see them scoop once the chad chainblocked speeder comes out
Fight fire with fire
>>
>>608139331
Dog = me
Woman = Konami
Cookie = beetroopers
>>
>>608139404
APOLOGIZE TO HIM
NOW
>>
>>608141279
He's still around in the /vg/ thread,
>>
>>608141532
there is no cookie....
>>
>>608141793
Lets just say there are two bitches in that photo.
>>
>>608137976
goat is literally
>we solved the game, play this uber tier zero deck with nothing but staples like a puzzle game or die
>>
I'm almost buying 3 pendulum magician structure decks just because i wanna try pendulums. Is there a better and cheaper deck than that?
>>
>>608142404
pendulums are a meme and severely outclassed by almost everything else when it comes to material spam, and you can probably get away with just one structure deck if you just want to try them
the real meat of pendulums is big dick boss monsters, and you aren't getting those in structure decks
>>
>>608139331
>Casual mode is just filled with Swordsoul Adventure DPE engine featuring Chris Chan Halqifibrax and Salsa Verde players to feel good about themselves by dunking on casual babbies
That hasn't been my experience at all
>>
>>608142404
Ignore >>608142502 he's an idiot. Yes, buying 3 of those is a great intro to pendulum magicians or Odd-eyes though Dragonmaids are easier to play out of the box if you buy the 3 of
>>
>>608131057
>Where did it all go so wrong
According to your parents it was the day you were born.
>>
>>608133690
>generic meta solitaire deck
>know how to play
>>
>>608134954
>Harpy Deck
>most of time use random generic powerful xyz/link monsters
you're the cancer killing yugioh
>>
>>608133065
>Actually legit think about getting back into MTG: Arena because I don't mind MTG gameplay as long as I don't have to interact with the game's fanbase.
>The game has become psychotically jewish to the extent that no new player would ever even consider trying to get into it at this point and all rewards are lower and worse than any other digital TCG I have ever experienced

Jesus christ. I remember it being decent when the game first came out what the hell happened?
Are they actively TRYING to kill the MTGA? Because fucking no way are they on-boarding any new players with how ridiculous trying to be a free player is when starting from scratch.
>>
>>608136420
Synchoniggers ruin the game. Either ban all the good tuners and auroradon or sneedlefiber needs to take the bullet pronto
>>
>>608143185
What do you want? a 3 card extra deck with just Cyber Slash? Fuck off
>>
>>608138428
I thought it was a ditto because of the pink shirt and general shape.
>>
>>608143250
If VFD can roam unbanned in the game, so can sneedlefiber
>>
yugioh desperately needs a set rotation but you all dont want to have that conversation
>>
>anti-synchro schizo still going at it
>>
>>608139331
Just instant concede against any meta deck dude.
That's the benefit of casual, even if some metafag tries to dunk on you you can dunk on them by not even letting them play with no repercussions (and they get no reward for the free win either, if enough people do this maybe they'll stop being such faggots).
>>
>>608142404
If you want to play DPE/Baronne/Savage or Z-ARC Turbo sure. There are better pendulum archetypes like Endymion or D/D/D.
>>
>>608142502
>pendulums are a meme and severely outclassed by almost everything else
Perfect. My most played decks are also memes.
>>608142925
I was thinking about getting dragonmaids but i gained interest in pendulums after watching some replays.
>>
>>608136202
Not at all. The traps are worse, they're less consistent, without rex they are a joke, you die to anything and everything in the game because your lp is always low.
>>
>>608143287
Unironically yes. The extra deck being filled with the exact same generic meta monsters makes every single game the same. Your harpies are just the engine to them, it's not an actual harpy deck since most of the time you're not actually using a harpy.
>>
>>608143351
Sneedlefiber is worse than VFD
>>
>>608143528
There is nothing worse than a card banned in both tcg and ocg for years and unbanned here.
>>
>>608133690
The game plays itself, what are you talking about?
>>
No ban would be needed if this game had shared limits like Duel Links, and it would be infinitely more healthy.
>>608142179
that doesn't look like the current state of the game at all, where every deck runs at least 20 handtraps and staple cards, with some decks being just goodstuff and engines, adventure DPE halq shit...No no, modern yugioh is much more interesting to play than GOAT, here you have B.A.S.E.D, DPE decks, Zeus decks, Accesscode Talker decks, Baronne/Borrel decks, and Skill Drain decks. Amazing.
>>
>>608143351
I hope the OCG changes last month will change that
>>
>>608143475
Go play your summoned skull beatdown grandpa
>>
>>608143595
Shared limits would work in an event but I'm not playing yugioh with that handicap ever again.
>>
>>608143595
the point is there's literally no difference from back then with goat format and now with meta spam
it's all an empty cry of old good new bad and people scared of reading effects that boil down to "stop spamming this shit, you get one use per turn, and only with in-archetype cards"
>>
>>608143390
>anti-synchro schizo
>>
>>608143381
Yu-Gi-Oh is beyond fixing. Let it die and create a new game inspired by it instead.
>>
Can you mix Beetroopers with Inzektors?
>>
>>608133690
>Know how to play

Playing Yugioh is arguably worse. You retards like to larp like knowing 1-2 combo routes that are just set in stone after a few matches of practice based off your hand most of the time is "knowing how to play.". Most people aim for the same end board of the same beat stick generic negates so they can either kill you then or next turn.

This then leads to Konami making/adding more and more bastard Archetypes that do 1 or multiple things regular decks just cannot deal with consistently. Now we have Tearlament which is basically a controlled Lightsworn that plays during your opponents turn. And Splight a deck that locks Niburi well getting so much advantage with REGULAR FUCKING CARDS not even boss monsters that have access to built in interruptions for monster/S/T negations. Yugioh games are also often won even in world tournaments in 1-2 turns from luck of the initial hand/match up because game state is decided within the first turn or two and there is rarely a way to stall and not die.

And you wonder why MBT a gay whale. Ruxin34 a gay onions whale and limp wristed old men are your ecelebs.
>>
>>608143570
>VFD is limited
>Virtual World get a win con

>Halq is unbanned
>BASED decks
>Adventure Rose Tenyi
>GOODSTUFF.deck
>Every good tuner is banned
>>
>>608143965
That's called Rush Duels, anon. The anime is fun at least
>>608144012
Stop being such an anti-combo line weirdo.
>>
>>608143381
Theres no set rotations, but the game is made fresh through banlist and printing more (busted) cards
>>
>>608144054
you're a fool if you think only VW can make VFD
>>
>>608143965
Rush Duels sucks and their girls are flat as boards
>>
>>608143739
The difference is back then duels lasted longer with two people playing. Here, one jackass plays by himself for 7 mins, and your level of interaction is the 1-3 interruptions you drew and hope don't get negated/played through.
>>
>>608144101
At least in MD, VW is the only relevant archetype that uses it
>>
>>608144095
can you read you thick idiot
I said it NEEDS a set rotation system. Banlists clearly arent working
>>
>>608144116
>their girls are flat as boards
How is this a negative?
>>
>>608144062
>>608144116
A new game NOT run by Konami you stupid fucks. It doesn't need the Yu-Gi-Oh brand. It just needs the best ideas from it, like the archetypes, and the lack of a gay mana system, also, the artists.
>>
>>608143475
>“NOOOOO I want you to fill your ED with 3 copies of your every archetypal boss monster regardless they viable or not”
>“huh, what do you mean with Konami doesn't create enough ED boss monsters for your archetype to fill 15 slot even though you already run 3 copies of everything? it's still your fault anyway”
>“it's your responsibility as my opponent to make my duel feel different from the previous duel, I want my every duel feel special”
Seriously just stop playing or neck yourself
>>
>>608144116
Rush duels do suck, but the girls are the only good thing
>>
You know it really is surprising that as bad as Konami is at least they don't do set rotations
>>
How shit is this tournament going to be with meta spam?
>>
>>608144191
>Banlists clearly arent working
that's because YGO banlists are curated to sell product, not (primarily) to address game balance
if banlists put game balance above everything else they'd work fine
>>
>>608144327
why wouldnt it be
>>
>>608144191
What are you talking about? They're working as intended. You're the idiot who thinks Konami cares about fair play and uses the Banlist to balance this clusterfuck of a money machine.

Yu-Gi-Oh will continue to spiral deeper into dogshit so long as it's run by Konami.
>>
>>608144327
You're supposed to play meta during tournaments
>>
File: 1657839573096.jpg (63 KB, 744x615)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>608144373
>reddit spacing
>they're working as intended
>>
>>608144327
You know that the point of a tournament is to win, right?
>>
>>608144436
>Reddit spacing
2018 called, they want their memes back.
>>
>>608144459
What's our goal?
>>
>>608144261
Then play Vanguard or something, jesus. You're a whiny bitch
>>
>>608144327
I will play my rouge deck Drytron Herald or just man up and learn how to play Virtual World
>>608144350
>Implying other games don't ban/limit/rotate shit in order to sell more products
>>
>>608137976
>>608138091
>>608142179
i've been playing GOAT-style cube with my friends and it's the most fun i've had with ygo ever since i started playing in the late-DM / early-GX era
>>
File: 1657270733996.gif (3.51 MB, 370x370)
3.51 MB
3.51 MB GIF
>>608144482
>he says while using an even older shittier meme
>>
>>608144565
not implying anything anon. I'm sure other games do do that
>>
>>608131057
>nugioh
>>
>>608144586
>weak good strong bad
>1 monster a turn if you're lucky good
lmao
get on with the times granpa, this is yugioh not slowed down checkers
>>
>>608135290
The best way to play DM is the same way you play Blue Eyes, Auroradon into Generic boss monster boards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lrytrCzgUo
>>
>>608144856
sorry little one but cube is the way to go :)
>>
>>608133295
Maybe I'm just not meant to play Yu-Gi-Oh!
>go to locals #1 as a kid
>all black pot smokers and temperamental autists who don't have the patience for children who learned to play from the cartoon
>go to locals #2 as a teen
>lose due to lack of meta knowledge, but fun with wide variety of ages
>stopped hosting later due to lack of interest
>go to locals #3 as an adult
>all mid-functioning autists with coomer mats, sole okay guy was a Sky Striker player
Look, I just want to play a card game without worrying about my opponent's temper/hygiene or complaints about (unironically) living in his mom's basement without putting in the effort to care for her. How can I find a locals or any form of Yugioh where I can play with real human beings? Bonus points if only a few people there will play meta.
>>
>>608131057
ok doomposter, now fuck off
>>
>>608145242
>wants a casual experience
>tries to find it in a competitive environment
based
>>
>>608145242
There's only one place selling Yu-Gi-Oh cards in my town, I'm worried of what kind of people I'll run into there
>>
>>608145473
There isn't anything but competitive tournaments where I live. Yugioh isn't as popular as Magic the Gathering, so it's rare for hobby shops to even host Yugioh in the first place.
>>608145615
Just pop in to browse while spying on the people there. Bail if they don't look like people you would associate with in your daily life.
>>
File: 1647139008060.png (64 KB, 835x1175)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>608144651
Learn what paragraphs are turbo tard.

>but muh sentence
Yes, paragraphs can be one single literal word. Length doesn't define a paragraph.
>>
File: picture.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>608144310
But set rotation exists in yugioh
>>
>>608145242
>without worrying about my opponent's temper/hygiene or complaints about (unironically) living in his mom's basement without putting in the effort to care for her.
Kind of comes with the territory, pal.
>>
>>608145242
>>608145679
if you want casual play just meme around in the single player games like tag force
playing against real people means you will always be up against a metafaggot or a pet deck schizo, literally nothing else
>>
>>608145679
yugioh honestly doesn't really have a casual scene at all
pretty much everyone you'll find in the wild is playing the most optimized shit they can afford unless you can find the rare old timer with subpar pet decks willing to have fun time
>>
>>608145856
KEKW
>>
>>608145679
I'll probably check it out at the end of the month when Tactical Masters are released
It's almost an hour away on the opposite side of the town, all the nearby locals only support MtG
>>
Why are people keeping this faggy bait thread alive?
>>
>>608145978
Because no one made an actual thread
>>
File: cute.jpg (14 KB, 284x284)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>608145615
>>608145679
>Go to the only OTS in San Diego
>Arabs
>Latinos
>Pasty Cacs

I don't do Physical Yugioh. Despite being an obviously Yugioh focused store, they have a really bomb selection of Pokemon Singles which is why i visited in the first place.
>>
>>608145886
Yu-Gi-Oh "Casuals" means "I don't want to pay for three Ash Blossoms let's try to have fun."
>>
File: Dante.png (705 KB, 1415x1753)
705 KB
705 KB PNG
Niggas claim their deck is "casual" but ends in Accesscode, Baronne, Appo, DPE
>>
>>608146129
How much is Prosperity again? Shan't pay for this shit
>>
>>608145886
>>608145874
>>608145679
it's weird the complete lack of casual scene in yugioh compared to magic for example
i think it stems from the fact that the typical yugioh player is a lot less knowledgeable about tcg and traditional games than magic players, because they're sucked in from different scenes, mostly anime and the videogames
t. former ygo player who only knew about the existence of magic and its different formats and variants several years down the line
>>
>>608145874
>tag force
Can't do it without contemplating my life
>"It's so nice to see you, Anon!"
>"That was a lot of fun, Anon! Let's meet again later!"
>"You're a good friend, Anon, and I appreciate everything you do for me!"
It's sad that 2D can be more human than 3D, but I refuse to stoop that low to considering pixels as people.
>>608146046
No one likes playing at the Ottawa tournaments and other big ones here in Leafland because the French will shout hints at each other, and the judges only know the English language.
>>
>Ahhh, Ol' Reliable...
>>
>>608131057
I hope they shut down the game for good soon. I want a new Legacy of the Duelist game and Master Duel ruined it.
>>
>>608146367
>It's sad that 2D can be more human than 3D, but I refuse to stoop that low to considering pixels as people.
embrace it anon, reject being a westoid, join us on the 2D side
you know you want to
>>
>>608140807
This. Plus everytime it updates it takes up like a gig of memory
>>
File: Garfield Soul.gif (1.17 MB, 282x354)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB GIF
>>608146227
>How much is Prosperity again?
$115 for a single copy
>>
>>608131057
>Where did it all go so wrong.
It was Master Duel instead of Duel Masters.
>>
>>608146507
>it takes up like a gig of memory
were in 2022, not 2002

>>608146431
I got kekked by this card because i wanted to Summon Roze as soon as Raye hit the field
>>
>>608146516
i just looked, can find them for $85-$90
still lmao at anyone buying them
>>
>>608131057
BO1 was and is a fucking mistake
>>
>some UR cards aren't in any secret pack or legacy packs
>you don't want to craft legacy pack cards because you could get them for free, but you may never get them with how huge the pool is
shitty meme petdecks are more expensive than meta decks, what kind of faggotry is this.
Fucking rice jews
>>
File: 1644279491377.png (38 KB, 499x338)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
You guys are morons bitching about stuff that has easy solutions but you refuse to do just so you can keep bitching.
You can play casual decks just fine in Master Duels if you use the room function and look for the 'hobby deck' / 'fun decks' rooms. I bust out my Myutant deck all the time in those
Even the new casual mode is pretty damn good considering I was playing it last night and was going up against shit like Junk Synchro (the anime kind), Galaxy and Chain Burn on the regular
>>
>>608143965
>and create a new game inspired by it instead.
No.
>>
>>608134954
>120 ur mats is "crazy expensive"
anon...
>>
>>608146264
It's more that budget options aren't really as much of a thing in the TCG. In the OCG there's tons of casual play, but KoA bumps up the rarities of everything that's needed to actually build decks and does very little to mitigate the high prices of staples that every deck runs. The only people who play the game will have to invest tons of money and thus be competitive almost by default
>>
how are konami bringing in new players? where do they come from? back then there was the anime which everyone watched
>>
>>608146836
fun costs money. same strategy they used in duel links
>>
>>608146264
>i think it stems from the fact that the typical Yugioh player is a lot less knowledgeable about tcg and traditional games than magic players
I'm not sure how being less knowledgeable about the game would make the average ygo player more competitive, unless I'm misunderstanding what you meant.
I think it might just come down to the fact that ygo doesn't really do formats like mtg (well, kinda I guess rush/speed duels exist but those are a bit different). Formats really lean into the players being able to work around what cards they want to so you can get away from new stuff not to your taste, which in turn is an artificial way of returning to the kitchen table I believe.
Of course I mean more of the concept rather, WOTC has done all formats fucking terribly (EDH is a basically nothing like it once was since stuff explicitly for the format has been printed).
Also I too went from ygo to mtg after I saw some people playing it while I was playing ygo as a teen. mtg used to have no fucking exposure whatsoever if you weren't an adult.
>>
>>608146965
Japan does Rush Duels which have been successful.
The rest of the world has no casual entrypoint.
>>
>>608146918
>'hobby deck' / 'fun decks' rooms
80% of those are people using meta staples and engines to shit out a meme boss monster and instantly scoop if their starting combo hand is dogshit (which is more common than you think)
>>
>>608146965
>how are konami bringing in new players? where do they come from?
Farfa and Dkayed's indoctrination streams
>>
>>608144991
retard, dark magician doesn't have the tuners that blue-eyes does neither does it have access to level 9 to make vfd boards or anything of the sort. If you play Dark Magician, you play it with a control-based build with things like Eternal Soul and The Dark Magicians to constantly gain advantage. Some other players go full skill drain
>>
>>608147069
>are people using meta staples
Oh. You're the kind of shitter who whines that Ash exists. No, yeah. The game is unplayable to you and I'm glad that you don't have fun with this game anymore
>>
>>608146965
>>608147042
Duel Links seems to be the entry point into MD at least.
>>
>>608146950
I dont get why TCG players let KoA get away with some of the shit they pull compared to the OCG
>>
Is there a 'jack of all trades' deck that's very flexible in what it can do and doesn't have one set board it needs to end on? Either that or an archetype that can be built around different playstyles.
I'd much rather play around my opponents deck than do my own bee-line to a set in stone strategy every game.
>>
>>608144132
>duel lasted longer
yes, and there was no meaningful interaction in those longer turns, retard
being hit by by Thousand Eyes Restrict equipped with Injection Fairy Lily turn after turn while you hope to open an out and the opponent keeps accumulating advantage is so fucking fun, am I right, fellas? Totally interactive and good
>>
>>608147232
Money.
>>
File: Distorted pepe.jpg (5 KB, 249x225)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>608147339
Sky Strikers
>>
>>608147339
Plunder Patroll? It's not totally what you mean but by it's very nature it's reactive to what the other guy is playing.
That does mean you get hard fucked vs certain matchup though (wind and earth ships, fucking when)
There's even going to be a solo gate for it in the coming days / months so you'll be able to test it out
>>
>>608146264
the fuck are you talking about retard, I swear you faggots invent some narrative and then ride it to hell and back without even having proof of it
>complete lack of casual scene in YGO
I can't believe someone is THIS retarded
>>
>>608147072
>Farfa
didn't that whiny faggot quit?
>>
>>608147080
Dark Magician deck have many ways to special summon, so you go go into auroradon with Handtrap that are also tuners.
>>
>>608147017
>I'm not sure how being less knowledgeable about the game would make the average ygo player more competitive, unless I'm misunderstanding what you meant.
my point was how disconnected from the tcg world the average ygo player is, to the point that there is no real fan-created community of formats/different ways of playing
even the GOAT "format" which everyone likes to throw around as this great alternative to advanced is nothing but advanced itself but from an older time, it can't even be called a "format" in that strict sense
overall the community never really learned to make themselves independent from konami so we as a whole don't even understand how to play with our cards without konami telling us what to do. once again this is because we lack fundamental tcg knowledge as a community
the rest of your post pretty much is what i think as well
>>
>>608147069
>yugiboomer complaining that no one is playing yugiboomer approved cards like sakuretsu armor, mirror force at 1 copy "because it's too broken" and DD Warrior Lady instead of cards that actually make decks work and play good combos without assembling 6 combo pieces
Ok grandpa, time for bed
>>
>>608147339
Dragon Link feat. Punk
>>
>>608147436
That so? I only see people shit on it.

>>608147454
Thanks.
>>
>>608147339
Anything that's flexible is a pain in the ass to play like Raye.
Anything that isn't a pain in the ass to play has exactly one win condition and one combo you have to memorize, maybe two opening combos, but that's it.
You are literally better off winning before your opponent does, unless you want to go full meme chain burn control faggotry, playing responding to your opponent is never worth it.
>>
>>608147232
they have no sense of reference because they don't know other card games
>>
>>608147556
please tell us more about the casual ygo scene anon, we'd all like to know about it
>>
>>608147756
>I only see people shit on it.
Its a divisive deck

Detractors hate it for being 'sticky'

Fans love it for the "Big Brained " playstyle (And being relatively cheap in MD, only 3 URs needed for the archetype)

Coomers on both sides will jerk off to raye anbd roze
>>
I want to FUCK Raye.
>>
>>608147339
For the fusion and highlander festivals I was running modified IDS decks, going from thundras to spellcaster piles with a few witchcrafters and magistus in there
I found that kind of deck to be pretty fun since you can really mix and match them, adjust the ratios to your liking and every game I had a different portion of the deck doing the work
>>
>>608147339
yugioh doesn't really have place for these distinctions
most decks are able to otk with similar cards, so almost every deck would count as an "aggro" deck
most decks have one or two good combos, so almost every deck would count as a "combo" deck, at least according to mtg logic. This is why "combo" in Yugioh means something that special summons over and over to setup as many negates as possible in the same turn.

the only term that somewhat carries over is "control", which tends to mean decks that use floodgates to prevent the opponent from unloading their shit all over the board and simplify the gamestate, though this kind of decks tend to be called "stun" in YGO lingo instead, while "control" is reserved for decks like sky striker and salamangreat which have very consistent boards and bury the opponent under card advantage through multiple turns, though the term "mid-range" has increased in popularity for these decks lately
>>
>>608148007
you WANT to go to jail
>>
File: 100014276_p0.jpg (488 KB, 948x1200)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
This is what happens when you tards let faggots create bait threads
>>
>>608147756
>I only see people shit on it.
Its hated as much as Altergeist for the same reason, extremely annoying if the player know what the fuck he is doing. Add that with Sky Strikers used to be tier one for four years and in TCG they are the main abusers of mystic mine
>>
>>608144274
>NOO I WANT MY DECK TO JUST PLAY ITSELF AND JUST COPY THE CURRENT META DECK INSTEAD OF PLAYING SOMETHING UNIQUE
Yea, I stopped playing, as with the majority of players. Keep looking the boots of Konami you whipped cuck.
>>
>>608147653
good luck setting up halqidon boards in a deck that doesn't have consistent access to archetypical handtraps or handtraps that float or provide some intrinsic benefit to your deck. Any Dark Magician deck that tries to go full combo is an endeavor in pointlessness. You guys always talk like you have actually played these decks when you haven't
>>
Is floo the only modern deck that cant OTK?
>>
>>608148418
Eldlich can't OTK either
>>
>>608148418
Sky Strikers
>>
>>608144536
How's is vanguard in any way like Yu-Gi-Oh you stupid fuck?
>>
>>608148196
There's also the "too animu, i hate weebshit" factor a lot of ygo players somehow have.
If it was anything else it would be one thing, but it's a cute anime girl slapping their asses so they will seethe more than usual.
>>
>>608147935
I can literally go to my casuals here and find a six samurai player, a batteryman player, a nordic player, a thunder dragon player, and a salamangreat player. Mexican locals discourage metafagging against little Timmy that just built his own pile from multiple machina decks, and they're not even particularly big. About the only problem I have with them is scalpers and adults trying to scam teens and kids from their ultras and secrets (also the smell), but that doesn't mean there's a "complete lack of casual scene in YGO" as you faggots like to say, behaving like YGO is a dying game and that no one plays it just because you don't enjoy it.
>>
>>608148278
And yet Dark Magician Synchro decks are very common.
https://www.masterduelmeta.com/tier-list/deck-types/Dark%20Magician
>>
>>608148491
How is it not, retard?
>>
>>608148490
With a God hand, its possible.

Like Adventure engine, dpe, accestalker. And linkage soon
>>
>>608148418
Evil twins
>>
>>608148474
They can with Gustav and Liebe
>>
>>608148514
>>608148196
>>608147756
>gee why do people hate annoying waifufags who do nothing but continually shit post about how they want to creampie Rai's underage cunt while jerking off over an annoying to play against deck!
You people aren't very bright
>>
>>608148114
You can't go to jail for fucking a cartoon you stupid manchild.
>>
>>608148029
I made an IDS deck when the game released, but I didn't really like locking my opponent out of the game with Winda, so I don't play it much and never looked into ways to build it differently. I guess I'll have to revisit it.

>>608147748
I tried to wrap my head around dragon links, but the coombo hurts my brain.

>>608147974
>>608148196
Guess I'll check it out.
>>
>>608148418
????
>Empen turn 1
>Raiza turn 2
>Raiza turn 3
>2800 + 2800 + 2700 = 8300
>>
>>608148578
Burden of proof is on you, you stupid moron. How is Vanguard anything like what I described?

Kys, you retarded waste of oxygen.
>>
>>608148663
>rai
is that a new sky striker girl? can you post her?
>>
>>608136941
Konami needs to start banning cqard combinations. You shouldn't be able to run sneed and auroradon in the same ED. No skill drain and IO in the same deck.
>>
>>608148793
>no mana system
>archetypes
Sounds like what you wanted to me
>>
>>608148537
>spic thinks casual play is just playing older decks
lol
>>
Hmmm should I start finishing the month on diamond one again?
Last 2 seasons I've sat comfortably in plat 1 but I'm kind of bored without events right now.
>>
>>608141397
>loses to imperm/veiler, the most used HTs after ash and maxx c in the game
>loses hard to nib
>bricks 6/10 games
>>
>>608139331
My last 5 casual duels were 1 floo, 1 cyber dragons, 1 sacred beasts, and 1 live twins, and 1 mill player. It's definitely not difficult to concede the second you see an adventure or floo card and just play against rogue decks.
>>
>>608147556
Playing at a local with some shitty rogue deck that has 6 staple cards is considered "competitive" to these people, anon.
Triverr set 4 and pass is still too strong in 2022 apparently.
>>
>>608148539
>sample size of 9
>since june 5 2022
>this somehow relates to actual dark magician decks that aren't playing adventurer cope in a deck which actually needs its normal summon for Magician's Rod
>>
>>608148857
nice argument, dumb faggot, now show me those numbers that prove that yugioh is dying and that there's no casual scene as you faggots like to circlejerk
>>
>>608148794
I can't be assed to remember your generic looking waifu's full name desu
>>
>>608148801
Needlessly complicated.
>>
>>608144190
Sneedlefiber can be used to get to VFD as well. But yeah, currently Sneedlefiber is currently a bigger problem.
>>
>>608148757
THose are 3 turns, dumbass
>>
>>608148757
What do you think OTK means. Actual question.
>>
>>608149014
It stops degeneracy without screwing over decks with less degenerate use cases.
>>
File: file.png (1.11 MB, 680x986)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>608149037
>>608149078
you do know you can summon shit on the opponent's turn, right
>>
>>608149007
shut the fuck up retarded spic you don't even know what casual play means
>>
>>608149116
and then metafags will find the next OP thing that ignores that shit, making everything go back to square one, and you will seethe the combo keeping your pet deck alive got banned
>>
>>608149116
The simpler solution is to stop making powerful support like DPE so fucking generic, and to ban ridiculously broken generic link monsters like halqifibrax and verte anaconda. Very generic powerful support should have a great cost associated with it or should have a very specific condition that needs to be met. Konami's problem isn't the banlist, it's their dogshit card design.
>>
>>608149186
Lmao retarded doomnigger
>>
>>608149146
>ONE Turn Kill
What's hard to understand about that dumbass?
>>
>>608148927
I don't even know what the fuck they mean by "casual" if playing underpowered petdecks like batteryman and nordic apparently don't count for them as a "casual scene". Either I'm missing something or they refuse to actually define what they're talking about because they know that they would look like a bunch of idiots if they did.
>>
>>608148935
Even the Dark Magician guide recommended Auroradon in April, and even before that, it still recommended other synchro engines.

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/guides/dark-magician-guide-deruka
>>
>>608149347
>Master Duel Meta
>>
>>608149267
Konami doesn't have a problem, you do because you still believe they're trying to make the game fun instead of profitable
>>
>>608149253
So basically the same shit as a regular banlist? Let's just unban everything then lol
>>
>>608149146
still doesn't count as a one turn kill
>>
>>608149321
turn 1
Robina search Eglen, Eglen search Empen, Empen search dreaming town
turn 2
opponent's main phase, activate dreaming town, robina searches eglen, eglen searches raiza, bounce opponent's shit
turn 3
ns robina, robina search eglen, eglen searches raiza, bounce whatever the opponent setup to defend himself in last turn
Attack for 8.3k damage in a single turn

How is that NOT an otk?
>>
File: 1653689480034.jpg (498 KB, 1228x868)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
Casual isn't too bad really. I was up against mecha phantom beast, ninja, and mekk-knight today.
>>
>>608148757
>Raiza turn 3
smartest floos player
>>
>>608149146
OTK means that you're able to put enough damage on board in one turn to do 8k+ of damage. Something like Swordsouls can really easily OTK for example because if you pass on an empty field with them then they WILL murder the shit out of you that next turn
>>
>>608149486
Again, ONE turn kill
How many turns is that anon?
>>
>>608146634
>were in 2022, not 2002
I don't care if it is 2032, a gig or two every few weeks is ridiculous to ask for. I can download a ton of better games that take up that much or less memory.
>>
File: 1654566223162.jpg (14 KB, 248x259)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>608149487
>Ninja
>>
>>608149486
Because you aren't putting the damage on the board in one turn. You're doing it over 3 turns. OTK means you can with basically no set-up do 8k
>>
>>608149486
fucking retard
>>
>>608149323
Watch this while keeping YGO context in mind.
Then you will realize what people mean when they cry about wanting "casual play".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbjSeBOP-MA
>>
>>608139434
>No Ash
>No Called By
>Maxx C at 1
Bro why are you sabotaging people with this deck?
>>
>>608149476
>>608149529
>>608149514
One turn kill means simply killing the opponent in a single turn. If you mean being able to OTK from a single normal summon without setup in a simplified gamestate then you will reduce the decks that can do this to shit like ancient gear , numeron and cyber dragon.

Live Twin OTKs by having Kisikil + Lila remaining from the opponent's turn and then summoning another monster, does that not count as an "OTK" now?
>>
Therions when?
>>
>>608133065
Trading card games are inherently unfair lopsided affairs. They’re also largely a visual experience. I never liked the way Magic looked. I always enjoyed the variety of Yugioh more. If I wanted to play a well-designed card game I would just play Dominion, which I often do.

I still play goat and Edison and 2011 Yugioh formats but less so modern. Though I will probably play a bit more when the newer dark world structure deck comes out.
>>
>>608149458
Actual retard comment, get konami's balls out of your mouth.
1.) Of course konami doesn't have a problem, they only care about making money. This doesn't mean their card design is good. It's legitimately dogshit.
2.) Believe it or not, card games can be both fun and profitable, just like yugioh, itself, has been in healthier metas. Expensive shortprinted cards have existed since the game's inception, but the card design keeps getting worse and less interactive. It wouldn't kill konami's profitability to change their card design philosophy to create a healthier game.
>>
>>608149726
>One turn kill means simply killing the opponent in a single turn
So literally all duels are OTKs then?.
The same turn someone dies is the turn the duel ends, thus one turn kill.
>>
>bro let me just special summon this monster which fetches this monster from the deck which let's me link summon this monster which let's me fetch this spell which lets me discard this card to special summon this monster which let's me xyz summon this monster which let's me send this card to the graveyard which allows me to banish this card to break one of your cards so that i can special summon this monster which fetches this monster from the deck which let's me link summon this monster which let's me fetch this spell which lets me discard this card to special summon this monster which let's me xyz summon this monster which let's me send this card to the graveyard which allows me to banish this card to break one of your cards so that i can special summon this monster which fetches this monster from the deck which let's me link summon this monster which let's me fetch this spell which lets me discard this card to special summon this monster which let's me xyz summon this monster which let's me send this card to the graveyard which allows me to banish this card to break one of your cards so that i can special summon this monster which fetches this monster from the deck which let's me link summon this monster which let's me fetch this spell which lets me discard this card to special summon this monster which let's me xyz summon this monster which let's me send this card to the graveyard which allows me to banish this card to break one of your cards so that i can special summon this monster which fetches this monster from the deck which let's me link summon this monster which let's me fetch this spell which lets me discard this card to special summon this monster which let's me xyz summon this monster which let's me send this card to the graveyard which allows me to banish this card to break one of your cards so that i can pass my turn
>>
>>608149487
What's pot trying to draw into?
>>
File: 1654525263457.jpg (125 KB, 480x700)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
The problem with Konami is that none of their new cards feel like the kind of decks a character in the anime would use! I mean just look at the rubbish and busted crap they put out, what kind of protagonist or rival would play a degenerate card like DPE or Virtual World or Scaryclaws?
>>
File: 1646561510537.png (1.45 MB, 920x830)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
I just want to build a deck, with cards that are in the deck. I don't Fiends or Dark World being engines to summon out that gay meta shit that doesn't fit the archetype at all. It's such a fucking irritation because I care about aesthetics.
>t. Diamond Monarchs enjoyer
>>
>>608149776
retard
>>
>>608149760
>It wouldn't kill konami's profitability to change their card design philosophy to create a healthier game.
you'd know what happened with their sales when they tried exactly that if you weren't so new to the game
when did you start playing? i'm guessing early links
>>
>>608149726
By your logic literally every deck can OTK since you can just wait until you get 4 2k+ monsters on board.
>>
>>608149675
>dude watch this video essay!
Barkeep, a serving of your finest soγ for my good man here!
>>
>>608149726
>One turn kill means simply killing the opponent in a single turn
God damn you're beyond saving anon
You kill by reducing your opponent's LP to zero
If it took one more turn to reduce their LP to zero then it's not an OTK
If you can'tt kill your enemy in Turn 2/3 (Going first) then it's not an OTK
>>
>>608149726
You never faced Numeron, Cydra or Galaxy-eyes?
>>
the turn OTK has a lot less meaning in modern yugioh because games now end in just a couple turns
OTK decks were a lot more distinct in older days because games lasted through many turns
>>
>>608149726
>If you mean being able to OTK from a single normal summon
No, special summons obviously count
>>
>>608148634
You are right but it's not that common to get to summon 2 golden lords through negation, though I guess its way easier if you get to go first
>>
File: file.png (1.04 MB, 1366x768)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>608149776
yes, which is why "OTK deck" as a term stopped being used in favour of "going second deck".

I will copypaste the example of an older "otk deck" so you understand why your definition was never something that people used.

Batteryman otk
Your usual turn 1 would be setting Batteryman AAA and a revival card like COTH or Portable Battery Pack. Then cards like pot of duality and reckless greed to draw into your final combo pieces.

Ok, now you have Batteryman AAA in gy froma a previous turn, a revival card setup, and you have drawn into inferno reckless summon and short circuit. You have eaten like 6500 damage over the course of the turn, but you survived. You summon AAA from gy, use IRS, summon other two AAA, which all apply their effects and increase to 3000 ATK each. You activate short circuit and then attack for game.

Under your definition, this deck wouldn't be an "otk" deck, except that the entire deck is based around this single combo play.
>>
>>608150190
NTA but galaxy eyes is pretty shit to otk with unless you jump through a couple retarded hoops
it's more of a control "fuck you" deck than an otk one
>>
>>608149865
I had 4 cards up, 3 traps. This shit happened to me it took this motherfucker a whole 20 minutes to play, and by the end of it I had no cards on the field, 2000 less health points, and then he went to battle phase.
I logged off and went to sleep.
>>
>>608150215
Being able to OTK is a prerequisite for a deck to be meta dumbass
It doesn't mean that it's meaningless, its just a consequence of power creep and Konami still makes weak ass decks that can't deliver lethal at Turn 2/3
>>
>>608148537
>Mexico
Where do you even play that isn't downtown CDMX, Guadalajara or Monterrey? my local scene here in Hidalgo died back when we got Duelist Alliance and the scalpers that ran my shop found ygo to no longer be profitable for them, I stopped playing physical around that time and coped with DL until MD released, and remote dueling sucks almost as much as getting cards here
>>
>>608138509
i uniroically encountered more DPEs trying out casual than playing ranked today
>>
If there is one thing clear it's that ygo fags can't wrap their heads around simple fucking definitions.
>>
>>608150024
>>608150118
>>608150190
>>608150228
refer to this post as for what is an "otk" deck in the context of YGO and why the term stopped being used.
>>608150024
singling out this post, but yes. The fact that every deck can nowadays OTK with accesscode means that dedicated otk decks have fallen by the wayside, because as one famous yugituber puts it, "OTK decks went from "dangerous glass cannon" to "damage output is my sole redeeming factor".
>>
File: 1646864867263.jpg (324 KB, 1000x1000)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
>opponent is Melffy
>I'm Earth machines
>the fight for the forest has begun as foretold on my drywall collecting Lebanese forum
>summon Harvester, opponent chains Melffy Catty
>Chains Ass blassum
>negated his own Catty
>It could have been great
>It could have been a better duel
>the parking lot is set to open in a week
>>
>>608150406
>Being able to OTK is a prerequisite for a deck to be meta
no shit retard, that's why it's lost all meaning lmao
>>
>>608150489
goddamnit, refer to >>608150298 THIS post
>>
>>608150479
it's been discussed here, the average ygo player lacks fundamental tcg knowledge and awareness
>>
>>608150617
So yugioh players are the smash bros players of tcgs?
>>
>>608150298
>Floo player being a dumbass brainlet
OTK's win condition is to kill the enemy as early as possible
Going Second decks' win condition is to wipe to board to simplify the game state of your oppoent
A great example of this is Numeron and Luna Kaiju
Numeron is an OTK deck since their main goal is to hit the enemy in the face for 8000 damage while Luna Kaiju's main goal is to destroy any boards and beat them to submission
>>
>>608150448
Mexico City precisely, the scene got so big that now people go to pikashop and those stores in the "nice zones" like zona rosa and santa fe instead of going to frikiplaza, which I mentioned already has a problem with scammers and the smell (seriously, that place needs ventilators)
>>
>>608150720
so apparently the batteryman deck I posted doesn't count as an otk deck? That's what I want you to tell me.

Hint; It doesn't matter if you gather the pieces over 20 turns or in a single turn, both numeron and this old-ass batteryman deck I posted are both OTK decks.
>>
>>608150703
i guess you can say that, the fact is ygo players usually come from a background that's a lot different than other tcg players
>>
>>608150508
you monster how do you sleep..
>>
>>608150703
as much as i like yugioh, yeah basically yes, that's a good way to put it
>>
File: 07d.jpg (44 KB, 600x792)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>608150508
Anime bros...
>>
>>608150720
>otk win condition is to kill the enemy as early as possible
by this definition chain burn is an OTK deck, when they actually rarely gather enough pieces in a single turn to be able to do so. OTK simply means going ham in a single turn, I don't know why you faggots keep making addendums to it ("has to do it with a single card", "has to do it on turn 2 of the game" "has to do it without any previous setup")
>>
i got drolled twice in a row by adventure plunder
>>
>>608150530
There's a clear definition of an OTK though
An OTK is the ability to easily summon monsters that can lethal (Usually 8000+) your opponent at Turn 2/3
>>
>>608151195
No cards for you!
>>
>OTK: Reducing your opponents life points from 8000 to 0 in a single turn.

>FTK: Reducing your opponents life points from 8000 to 0 (or reaching another win-con, see exodia etc.) on the first turn of the game.
How is this hard to understand?
>>
>>608151232
>A One Turn Kill (OTK) (Japanese: OTKワンターンキル Wantānkiru) is achieved when a player wins a Duel in the space of a single turn

And this was something that Kazuki Takahashi himself defined in the manga with Ra's ability. Turn count has fuck all to do with it.
>>
File: 91217301_p0.png (736 KB, 742x1181)
736 KB
736 KB PNG
Good afternoon, I wanna breed Romin.
>>
>>608151313
because apparently these guys combined both definitions and now "OTK" means "FTK but I went second"
>>
File: 94677445.jpg (54 KB, 421x614)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
FREE HER
>>
>>608151332
It's Turn 2/3 since its the earliest turns to conduct the battle phase
If your deck can't do lethal with an ideal hand then it can't OTK
>>
>>608151574
>source: my ass
>>
>>608151313
Floofags actually think that the game is just one long turn so their deck can """OTK""""
>>
>>608150762
Figures, I'll stick with MD for now, I went to the friki a lot before I attended uni and it already had a bad reputation back then can't imagine it ever getting better, I do want to attend locals to meet other players since my friend circle can't play as often as me, but it can't be helped
>>
>>608151427
Yeah cause I did it on MY first turn not the first turn of the game. It's not that hard to understand
>>
>>608151574
under this definition floowander is an otk deck, since all you have to do is open robina and trigger it over three turns (yours, the opponent's, yours). Not even an ideal hand, just fucking Robina.
>>
>>608151195
Any chance you can post his deck list? I've been wondering about Plunder ratios since Adventure dropped
>>
>>608151702
yeah md is a lot better if you don't have enough time to go to locals, though it doesn't help that Hidalgo is practically a barren desert and is famous for being a state where there's fuck-all to do (no offense)
>>
File: soullessvssoul.jpg (686 KB, 1596x892)
686 KB
686 KB JPG
A tale of the last two decks I played.
>>
File: 155163204120.png (467 KB, 524x555)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
BACK TO DUEL LINKS YOU FOOLS
>>
>>608150448
Not him but Querétaro had a strong scene some years back. Last time I visited two of the stores had closed, the third one was more profitable because it had sanctioned judges and there were 4 or more small "hallway" shops open
>>
>>608151645
You omitted a very important part from the text you stole from Yugipedia
>In one turn, all of the opponent's LP, which is normally assumed to be no less than 8000, must be depleted, or an alternate victory condition must be fulfilled. This is usually done when the player has the appropriate cards in their hand/Graveyard and has control over the duel.
This is why I said it's Turn 2/3 since it's the earliest possible to conduct the battle phase and their LP is 8000
If you deal damage then go to turn 3/4 then it means that you didn't OTK
>>
>>608152030
I miss my Duel Links Magician Girl deck. Needing 40 cards makes that shit so bricky.
>>
>>608152081
this entire conflict originated because of this post>>608148757 in which people shat over me because apparently it didn't count as an otk, except it fullfills all the clauses you (and I posted)
>in one turn deplete
>all of the opponent's lp (assumed to be 8000)
>and I didn't deal any damage before

See what the point was now?
>>
>>608148910
Eh, i get Maxx C'd way more often than nib or imperm/veiler. Not to mention i had zero success even going first against these aids rose auroradon decks with other decks, i just solitaire till they concede as is the mantra of yugioh
>>
>>608152301
It still doesn't count as an OTK and nothing you try to bullshit will ever make it an OTK
>>
>>608152301
>>608151774
>3 turns of setup for lethal
>ITS AN OTK GUISE
Holy shit we have the smartest Floowandereeze player right here lads
>>
>>608148663
I play Sky Striker but I want to creampie Tour Guide, not all of us are horny for Raye
>>
>>608152465
>>608152459
fucking brainlets, this is why no one likes ygo threads made by doomfags, it attracts idiots like you
>>
What happens to gems after 10k?
>>
File: 1553305305341.gif (1.15 MB, 314x232)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB GIF
>tfw wanna make shit petdecks like Toons or Dark Magician
>cant justify the UR costs when i'm still missing some handtraps
magician souls is atleast used in based stuff or something right?
>>
>>608152513
>Get proven wrong
>Resorts to calling people brainlets and gatekeepers
I think Dkayed is more of your speed anon
>>
>>608152847
They go to your gift box where they will stay for 30 days if i remember. After those 30 days they're gone.
Gems you buy can stay in your gift box permanently.
>>
File: 1631729015566.gif (620 KB, 240x236)
620 KB
620 KB GIF
>>608152894
>14 decks finished
>still haven't brought any Crossouts
...maybe if I get enough gems from the cup
>>
>>608149865
10/10
>>
>draw superpoly with prosperity and set 2
>opponent does his halqshit combo
>summons savage dragon and colossus
>scoops the second i flip superpoly
No idea what was he expecting.
>>
>>608153665
i do recommend Crossout since it can save some weaker decks who auto die to handtraps

though my cheapass wont craft more then 2 of any of the handtraps that dont have bundles yet since they'll proply get one eventually
>>
>>608153728
the halq flowchart says make this board and you win, so he did
>>
What's considered a solid end board by your standards? Like how many negates/interruptions/etc?
>>
>>608153807
Yeah, I know I really need to grab it. I've just been lazy as shit about it. I'll probably sit my ass down and work on finishing my staples next since I already have my pendulum and link decks ready for those events. I still need to grab some Effect Veliers as well
>>
>>608153895
anything short of the 5 pieces of exodia is just not safe anymore
>>
>>608154004
>pendulum event
god i hope not
>>
>>608133474
In what possible way? Land management?
>>
File: 1640829898911.png (202 KB, 543x698)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>>608154056
Already been datamined, friend. Take the pendulum pill today
>>
>>608153895
colossus pass is still good enough for the MD ladder
>>
File: coffeee.png (269 KB, 245x280)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>608154056
only pend archtype that looks cool is Endyimon but i cant afford that so unless its a loaner i wont read
>>
>>608143213
I stopped playing when they announced alchemy, and looking back now it's surprising how quickly the game went downhill.
>>
File: BenKei-TF04-JP-VG.png (651 KB, 544x544)
651 KB
651 KB PNG
>>608154097
Pendulum ben-kei time
>>
>>608154347
If it's a pendulum event then it'll probably be a thing where you can only use pendulum main deck monsters since...you know...otherwise it's just a normal event.
>>
>>608149941
DPE would be played by Aster from Yu-Gi-Oh GX and Arc V who used Destiny Heroes.

Virtual World would be played by a tech based character or nerdy friend of the MC.

Scareclaws would be a low to mid level villain deck, basically played by the henchman of a villain.
>>
>>608138983
It doesn't affect gameplay my dude, just lore and card art.
>>608143213
I haven't noticed said jewery myself outside of historic anthologies not being available at all times, but the fact that they're forcing alchemy cards to be legal in all historic formats is proof positive that they are trying to kill Arena, yeah.
>>
When are we going to get the gemini festival?
>>
>>608154419
Virtual World is a girl deck.
>>
File: 1466637769162.jpg (60 KB, 500x500)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Holy shit, I just realized Fateful Adventure protects your Plunder Patroll ships as well.
>>
>>608153895
2 field disruptions and 1 handtrap are my golden standard. Anything less than that and I start to feel uncomfortable (this is why I haven't built Armed Dragon despite liking lv monsters and Chazz/Manjoume a lot, you pass on a single Armed Dragon Thunder Level 10, Lightning to protect it and hope that's enough)
>>
>>608154601
Disagree. Even if you were right, there's no rule saying that a girl character couldn't be tech based(Yuamu from the current series, though she runs dragons) or a nerd.
>>
>>608143381
That would make things worse
>>
File: 1637140907625.png (269 KB, 300x437)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
I really like the scareclaw little monsters but god I wish pic related wasn't in it. Look at how retarded he looks?
>>
>>608131057
>people hate modern yugioh
>master duel is modern yugioh
I mean once the nostalgia wears off why would people keep playing?
>>
>>608154415
Yeah, nah, that'll lock out many people from participating. The majority in fact and would be super retarded.
>>
>>608154967
You mean like the synchro event where most people were forced to run true dracos because almost no one had a fully functioning synchro deck? They'll just make you play the loaners.
>>
File: 1649641097636.webm (43 KB, 500x570)
43 KB
43 KB WEBM
Bo1 is and forever shall be gay.
>>
>>608154952
Agreed. All the Primitive Planet monsters have an ikeman problem.
>>
>>608154967
he's right though. if they lock you to pendulum extra deck cards but do nothing to main deck monsters, it's meaningless
literally just take your extra zero deck and play that
>>
>>608155059
No one was "forced" to play true draco for that event
No one "forced" them to play true draco for every other event
>>
>>608136202
Dinomorphia is more fun to play than Senor Dorado. Don't really need to care about LP outside of niche situations like Lava Golem
>>
I played for a bit and the whole aim of the game being to turn off every game mechanic is beyond retarded and I genuinely have no idea why people play Yu-Gi-Oh.
>>
>>608154808
It's pink, its boss monster is cute, its has the general feeling of a love interest's deck and I can easily imagine them giving it to a cute Chinese schoolgirl with twintails.
Albaz Dragons are undeniably a protag. deck though.
>>
>>608155278
You're missing the point
>>
>>608154659
anon, there's a reason for why the adventurer package is splashed in everything. Gryphon negate aside
>normal monster so it helps anything that wants to summon a normal monster - link spider is a thing too
>foolish burial becomes 2 monsters on field
>dracoback can bounce kaijus and lava golems for easier dismantling of your opponent's board
>level 3 so you can send the slutty elf from deck to gy with cherubini
>free level 7 monster for high level synchros
>fills 3 zones for shit like mekk knight

It's so fucking good
>>
>>608155492
The deck is green and purple, reflecting dual attributes, wind and earth. This is a reference to the chinese concept of the three realms, Tian(Heaven), Di(Earth) and the middle realm(humans).

TL;DR It should be played by a doctor
>>
rush duel when
>>
>>608155820
I'm SHOCKED we haven't got the physical card game yet. For gods sake, they're airing the anime dubbed now. There's zero good reason kids can't actually physically play Rush
>>
>>608154952
>>608155143
Isn't that the point? Scareclaw and Tearalament dude are edgelords mistreating the other members of their archetype, they're retarded by design.
>>
File: 1628392659152.png (456 KB, 407x593)
456 KB
456 KB PNG
>>608156081
Sorry, I more meant that I fucking hate his art. You can make him an edgelord while still making him look cool. I mean look at his fucking hand in that card I posted. How did that get by QA?
Meanwhile I like the doggos. I wish we had a full wolf / doggo deck I could play
>>
>>608155935
Maybe they are afraid of western neckbeards
>>
File: 1634542126551.png (644 KB, 488x700)
644 KB
644 KB PNG
>>608156195
>>608156081
Oher doggo
>>608156213
I assume it's the TCG trying to bury it to shill speed duels but like...there's no way that can really be as profitable.
>>
>>608155492
I could see all sorts of characters running a Virtual World deck, not just a cute Chinese girl.Its a very flexible archetype.

Agree on Albaz, dude is basically a YA fantasy/ old school adventure anime protag.
>>608155792
I like the way you think.
>>
>>608156195
I understand what you mean.

I don't think Reichhart was ever meant to be cool, considering he winds up becoming a comedy chibi/ meme character as Scareclaw Lightheart.
>>
>>608156790
I should probably look at whatever the fuck the lore for these guys are. Also I should see if they look fun to play. I might pick them in when they come to MD in a decade
>>
>>608135430
>and it gave blowjobs to human men.
So THATS where that scene is from
>>
File: DNat_tBX4AIZJ3O.jpg (53 KB, 721x722)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>608133690
No, Master Duel is full of dkayed viewers who are effectively the midwits and dimwitted of yugioh who know the bare minimum to be considered functioning in the game beyond beginner level. And partially because MD has so many shit player crutches availbale to them at any time. Any time I play on Edo or Omega, even in the casual rooms the players there are consistently more skilled (except for the Mystic Mine players). They also don't scoop at a moment's notice and play much faster, and not just because the game engine is faster.
>>
What the fuck does dkayed mean and why do people keeping whining about it / them / whatever the fuck
>>
People talking about locals earlier in the thread
>closest local to me is 50 miles away
>all other card stores within range simple say "we stopped yugioh tourneys years ago" yet constantly run weekly pokemon TCGs
>yugioh championship had the lowest attendance in UK compared to all other big events like france/germany/USA
Seems like Yugioh really isn't popular here in the UK, almost no retailers sell packs and it's extremely hard to find another player.
>>
File: weep.jpg (62 KB, 526x424)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
I was in the middle of thinking which synchro monsters I need to summon and what levels I need to manipulate and the game suddenly said I lost because I surrendered. I didn’t surrender why did that happen?
>>
>>608157296
Dgayed? He's the biggest duel links player on youtube.He does master duel shit where it's mostly him aping lists from the TCG/OCG.

>>608157391
>Seems like Yugioh really isn't popular here in the UK
It is popular in the UK, it's just that most of the activity is kept in major cities. I live in London and have like 8 locals I can go to throughout the week.

On the 13th Tier Zero is holding a tournament for a PS5 in Petersfield, Brotherhood games does monthly tier 2.5 tournaments
>>
>>608157609
Cheaters making you auto-surrender.
>>
>>608133065
>for example
Are MTG players so braindead they need an example on the card text itself to teach them how to count to three?
>>
>>608157609
>>608157668
Or maybe you took too long. It happened to me when i went afk for a minute or so.
>>
>>608143213
that's just all modern tcg videogames, try something like mtgo
thank hearthstone for that shit
>>
>>608133065
MtG needs a modern version of the old Shandalar game. Actually Yugioh needs something similar again.

Basically bring back card game based RPGs, please
>>
The only fun i've found in the game is sandbagging in gold so that at least i face a variety of decks and have decent back and forth.
Go any higher than that and it's Floow, swordsoul, Adventure/halq garbage, just extremely boring shit that makes me scoop straight away.
>>
>>608131057
Should I just drop my Red-Eyes deck and build Dragon Link instead? I don't think Dragoon is getting unbanned and they have yet to release the rest of Red-Eyes support
>>
>>608157664
>mostly him aping lists from the TCG/OCG.
When adventure came out I went to his shitty website to look for an example list and one of them was a TCG list except missing cards that weren't in MD yet. But it left in other cards intended to work with those missing cards, so there was things like Magicians' Souls but no Level 6+ spellcasters to send with it.
>>
>>608157609
You SYNCHROOOM'd too hard and ran out of time
>>
File: FY-vZ2QVEAExy8e.jfif.jpg (126 KB, 1048x820)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>
>>608149714
If people copy a deck for 1:1 without reading that's their problem. I said it was incomplete and not up to standard.
>>
>>608158036
I still had 120 seconds left on the clock
>>608157840
If that’s true thats way too short. Players need more time to think out their plays.
>>
>>608158461
you need to tap or move around mouse to make the game know you're not AFK
>>
>>608158014
>rest of Red-Eyes support
what RE support exactly ? I always loved red-eyes but didn't even try to build it in MD, it doesn't look good enough. (I hate how the archetype revolves around the fucking awful red-eyes fusion, what a shit fucking card with a retarded restriction)
>>
File: 93749093.jpg (44 KB, 421x614)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>608143304
same difference
>>
>>608158461
Just move your mouse
>>
>>608158679
Alternative Black Dragon and Red-Eyes Soul are the biggest ones to me. Helps a bit with consistently. Also you can kinda get around Red-Eyes Fusion by using Lunalight Black Sheep to get a poly in your hand. Thankfully it's not hard to get most cards you need to get in your hand
>>
>>608158679
Red-eyes works better as a Rank 7 engine than a fusion deck, but it still sucks.
>>
>>608159570
Alternative's never coming. It's a Kazuki Takahashi art card, and none of those are in the game.
Unless that's why they killed him.
>>
casual mode got added? is it finally time for me to reinstall master duel?
>>
>>608159574
arent ranks 7s pretty shit
>>
>>608131057
>Bo1 format
>have to run 30% staples just to survive
>draw three droplets against Eldlich
>draw three Maxx C against Floow burbs
>draw the nuts combo, but go second and opponent has 5 material Rhongobongo
>>
>>608159910
Yes, just be aware that some people are still playing meta or are using Adventurer in non-meta decks but I've found some fun matches. Also be aware that it still matches you with people of the same rank for no reason at all.
>>
>>608160013
Flare Metal was the first tax dragon and Big Eye is still considered a good card
>>
Built unchained since it seems fun and was cheap, any tips or things i should change?
>>
>>608160013
Red-Eyes Flare Metal, Dracossack, and Big Eye are great, and Red-Eyes can actually get full usage out of Flare Metal. Galaxy Tomahawk is also unbanned in Master Duel so you can do some link garbage too.
>>
>>608159570
>Alternative Black Dragon and Red-Eyes Soul
Wow I didn't even know those existed. I should make a Red-Eyes deck on MD. I love the little fucker
>>608160098
>Also be aware that it still matches you with people of the same rank for no reason at all.
I don't think it does. Or at least I went against diamond guys despite being a golder
>>
Pioneer in MTG at my local shop is the first time I've had fun with a TCG in years. Card games online are boring, miserable experiences.
>>
>>608159752
Was Neos not a card designed by Takahashi?
>>
>>608160013
Rank 7s are actually pretty decent these days. I might even go as far as to say they're better than Rank 8s now doubly so if you run a rank 7 dragon deck like Red-eyes or Odd-eyes
>>
>>608135261
Why is this cat so sexual looking
>>
>>608160249
It does, check your match history, all of my matches were against Plat IV players.
>>
File: wojak-soy-boy-head-on.jpg (8 KB, 205x246)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>Pioneer in MTG at my local shop is the first time I've had fun with a TCG in years. Card games online are boring, miserable experiences.
>>
File: file.png (1.94 MB, 1366x768)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
Why haven't you taken the Witchcrafter pill yet, anon?
>>
>>608160065
You ain't kiddin'
>>
>>608160249
Hope you have fun Red-Eyes. It's a fun deck but I do recommend running it with another engine. I use Dangers myself
>>
>>608156896
So far, the lore is that Visas Starfrost travels to alternate dimensions, liberating those oppressed by assholes. The said assholes, may or may not be alternate versions of Visas.
>>
>>608160332
No, he didn't do GX in the first place I'm pretty sure, and even if he did he didn't do the card game's artwork.
I'm talking cards like Blue-Eyes Alternative Ultimate Dragon, Red-Eyes Alternative Black Dragon, Palladium Oracle Mana, Neo Kaiser Glider, Magi Magi Magician Gal, Magician of Black Chaos MAX, and Shiba-Warrior Taro
>>
>>608160638
hope he chains macro cosmos would be funny as hell
>>
>>608160708
I've played it before but we're talking like 4 or 5 years ago. I'll look into the best engines and such or at least grab a deck list from somewhere.
is it still burn focused? Not that I mind that.
>>
>>608160834
why would a plant player be using macro cosmos of all things you dumbass
>>
>>608160896
You can play it that way with Meteor Black Comet Dragon, Inferno Fire Blast, and Serial Spell. I suppose the "best" way to the deck would be to summon fuisons/rank 7s, but the cool/not so cool thing about Red-Eyes is that there's multiple ways to run the deck
>>
>>608153895
Two+ disruptions including at least 1 omni-negate so you can't just be wiped by a random Raigeki or whatever.
>>
>>608161415
This is the very basic bitch Swordsoul board, so yeah. It's amazing how many people open with Vortex / raigeki
>>
>>608161279
to fuck you over faggot
>>
File: 1659116085156.png (339 KB, 800x450)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
>opening with two handtraps isn't enough anymore
>>
>>608161729
Just play Kaiju and friends at this point. Why attempt to stop your opponent from playing the game when you can just delete their plays?
>>
>>608161942
I keep trying to make new decks but it gets depressing when you realize 80% of decks just run you over and your basic bitch kaiju bullshit deck gets you more wins.
>>
>>608161729
>tfw you draw Maxx C vs stun/floo/eldlich
>>
>>608161942
when are they gonna print a fiber jar kaiju that gives you the first turn instead of the player that got the first turn
>>
File: 1655784492548.jpg (90 KB, 1000x1000)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>608160638
Because it's a really bad deck that goes -1 to -2 on every play and needs Adventure/DPE to "work" because the base archetype is so poor and doesn't make good end boards. If your starter gets Ashed you concede.
>>
>>608161729
We are in the era of one card combos. Everything else is obsolete.
>>
File: UOOOOOOOOH.jpg (51 KB, 530x1074)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
ToT
>>
>>608131057
I gave up. I just want to make and use fun decks but it's just no fun running against all the meta faggots
>>
>>608162194
Almost like this game is broken to the core and only retards play it or something.
>>
>>608163453
MtG survived Urza's block
>>
>>608161942
Kaiju seems shit with sky striker though, and floos just laugh at it
>>
what the hell happened to the new pokemon game?
>>
File: ddm.jpg (126 KB, 492x492)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
It's been more than 20 years since Dungeon Dice Monsters was released on the GBA. I think it's well past time for a sequel.
>>
File: 100259084_p0.jpg (2.34 MB, 2800x3200)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>608160638
Because Verre hasn't installed the over 20 lb of pussy and ass on Aruru
>>
>>608163575
Magic has plenty of problems too but at least they have rotation so you can just wait out the shit eras but rotation wouldnt help YGO because of the archetype system so its fucked
>>
>>608163248
If you play nugioh casually then you're a fucking retard. The card pool is way too fucking big to have a balanced match.
Even a "fun" casual deck can be completely broken and unfair compared to another guy's idea of a fun casual deck. Like, I guarantee you that even god awful >fun garbage like ghost trick will completely obliterate a faggot trying to have fun with white magician pikeru.
Get friends to play with you unironically
>>
>>608163706
Kazuki is dead, it will never happen now.
Quick, implement Synchros/XYZ/Pend/Link in dice formtat
>>
File: 1655189547853.jpg (141 KB, 600x800)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>608163032
For me its Luna
>>
>>608163815
>Kazuki is dead
Don't remind me.
>>
I never want to play against blackwings ever again
They take too long to get their shit done
>>
>>608164221
BUY
>>
>>608162494
>dpe
>adventurer
you haven't even played witchcrafter and it shows
you need to trigger the effect of your normal summoned monster all the fucking time
also the deck has problems even getting 2 monsters on board unless you open grass or get lucky with the reasoning mills
>>
>>608164221
It was probably just a new player to the deck. I'm sure if you built a Blackwing deck you could do much better.
>>
>>608163815
Different kinds of dice like a d4 / 20 / whatever
>>
>>608163779
Yugioh's problem is that you can easily splash together the most broken strategies together into a deck does every single thing really well whereas in MtG you have to commit to one of three archetypical strategies, combo which is vulnerable to distruption, aggro which gets outpaced by combo or control which can't usually keep aggro at bay, whereas in yugioh you have aggro decks that can kill you in one turn but they also distrupt you like a control deck.
>>
File: 20220801-014053.jpg (181 KB, 1080x1160)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>608164539
Yes, that's why I mentioned the version that can do things instead of dying to one handtrap because their in-archetype plays are shit.
>>
Good fiend deck to use the Necrofears and Dark Spirits in?
>>
>>608144101
VFD is only good with VW
>>
>>608162225
Most of the time its useless. Most decks run 3 Ash, 3 Crossout, and 2 Called By so that shit is never resolving.
>>
>>608165293
Forcing them to waste a negate is anything but useless
>>
meta yu-gi-oh is the worst game imaginable. it is only fun playing against the pc using theme decks from the anime and manga.
>>
Diviner of the Herald is:
A one card Halqidon
A one card VFD + IO/Vanity's Emptiness

When she was supposed to be used to search a ritual monster/spell
>>
>>608144101
you're illiterate because nobody said that at all
>>
>>608155230
>>608155059
Maybe you two could follow the convo a couple of posts back and notice that he was suggesting that Ben-kei would be banned because "lol muh pendulums".
>>
File: 33333333333333333.png (543 KB, 622x622)
543 KB
543 KB PNG
>>608164191
Invest in bugs
>>
>>608165920
Didnt mean to reply, but you should buy cute bug girls anyway.
>>
>>608165846
I made that post, moron. And it would be banned
>>
Climbing out of silver is a fucking nightmare now.
>>
>>608164786
what's the point of playing a shit deck if you're just gonna fill it with shit that it doesn't even share a synergy with, and that's even detrimental to the deck's original gameplan? Worst of all, you don't even own the deck, otherwise you would have copypasted yours instead of stealing a random chink screenshot
>>
File: 1523316658965.png (319 KB, 521x806)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
>rank up match to Plat III
>against someone also about to rank up
>he goes first
>he's playing Megaliths of all things
>summons Ophiel, pop it with Ogre, he can only pull Phul to his hand and end his turn
>he has no handtraps
>I summon the whole Adventurer pack
>then summon Fansies
>VICTORY
>but at what cost

Sorry man, I just want to get to Plat I ASAP. Then I find out he's using the whole deck as a generic ED monsters engine so I don't feel as bad anymore.
>>
What's the better Dragonmaid board I can make, VFD or Sheou + Spheres?
And what's better between VFD + Sheou and VFD + Spheres?
>>
>>608131057
I left as soon as I understood that they weren't going to prioritize making their cardpool up to date with paper, and I did myself a favor, because even if they did I still prefer playing edopro, since I don't care about eye candy
>>
>>608164786
What a shit deck
>>
>>608166529
You shouldn't have felt bad to begin with
>>
>>608161729
Maindeck 3 lava golem
>inb4 "muh bricks"
Simply be Yugi moto
>>
>>608165846
not only ben-kei, but every single non-main deck pendulum monster. They will probably leave extra deck monsters alone, tho
>>
>>608166427
Anon... You can't rank down in silver. You could have nothing but lvl 5+ vanillas and you'd hit gold eventually from disconnects.
>>
>>608166728
every single main deck non-pendulum* fuck
>>
>>608166742
I know that, but people are running full power meta decks on their climb back to gold, it's awful. I can't imagine how someone starting from bronze is going to feel when they go in there with the starter deck.
>>
File: 1501289153.png (93 KB, 768x448)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>Opponent has Ash/Called by/Crossout glued to their hand whenever i try to Maxx C
>tfw never open my counters when i go first against Maxx C and have to cope pass
I don't care, this shit is rigged
>>
>>608166294
Are you fucking retarded? Ben-kei is a main deck monster, just like True Dracos are. Are you seriously implying that all main deck monsters outside of pendulums would be banned for the festival? I think you might be the moron, anon.
>>
>>608166549
I have never seen Dragonmaids summoning VFD, is usually Sheou + Spheres, one of the two alone or Sheou + House. How do you even summon VFD? Using two House as material?
>>
>>608166728
>>608166826
I'm willing to wager that that won't happen because as I've said that would be extremely restrictive and retarded.
>>
>feel bad using adventure in my free match unchained deck
>know they'll use it or dpe if i dont
>>
>>608167175
If you play draonglink pretending to be maids you get to use nurse and chamber as combo pieces that end in VFD
>>
>>608167212
>restrictive
that's the point of festivals
>retarded
If they didn't ban every single main deck non-pendulum monster people and instead only banned extra deck pendulums, people would simply play the decks they already played in the extra deck zero festival with absolutely zero change, and one of the point of festivals is to get people to spend money.
>>
>>608135053
>Ban Ban Ban
Why not fucking errata generic shit to in archetype monsters...
>>
>>608166717
>3 Lava Golem
>3 Lightning Storm
>3 Forbidden Droplet
>1 Raigeki
>1 Duster
>3 Prosperity
>3 Numeron Network
Its board breaking game
>>
>>608167349
extra deck non-pendulums*
>>
>>608167253
Yeah, Adventurer is just that good, I kind of feel bad using it in my Suships deck but there's just no reason why I wouldn't use it unless I normal summon Ikura all the time.
>>
>>608164786
Man this is a shit deck, I get making piles but witchcrafter is too xenophobic for jamming all this shit in 60 cards, for resolving grass will result in getting useless mills like all those cherries, adventure shit and DPE targets, you're better off playing more mill targets rather than those engines that would be better served in a smaller 40 cards deck
>>
>>608167175
>I have never seen Dragonmaids summoning VFD
Alot of decks noone thinks about when turboing VFD comes up can bring out VFD, like Invoked. They're just bad at it and need a perfect hand to pull it off
>>
>>608166961
What the fuck do you think pendulums are, you dumb fuck? It's the only way to even have a pendulum festival
>>
>>608167349
>that's the point of festivals
Except that Konami has not done that in any of the festivals so far. Limiting the extra deck is one thing, limiting the main deck is a completely other thing. There are whole types that have 0 pendulum monsters and the people who have actually built pendulum decks are a very small percentage.
>If they didn't ban every single main deck non-pendulum monster people and instead only banned extra deck pendulums...
That's exactly how Konami have done it with all the other festivals and just because you play pendulum and want your festival to be special won't change the fact that Konami would be supremely retarded to limit players to that degree.
>>
>>608167687
>and the people that have actually built pendulum decks are an extremely small percentage
just like people who actually built synchro decks before the synchro festival because swordsoul wasn't a thing yet?
>>
>>608167687
>Except that Konami has not done that in any of the festivals so far.
They've tried to, you idiot. And if you haven't noticed they've been making each new banlist less and less cheesy as they've gone on. They're not going to do a pendulum fest and just make it so you ignore the main gimmick.
>>
>>608161729
>3 crossout and 2 called by the faggot
When was 2 handtraps enough?
>>
>>608167687
>>608167846
To further back up my point, there's a reason the extra deckless festive had True Draco nerfed into the fucking ground.
>>
>>608167613
Why should you pendulum homos get special treatment while everyone else that doesn't give a shit about your retarded summoning mechanic get shafted? Like I said, people could play decks that didn't adhere to the spirit of the previous festivals because not everyone runs a synchro or fusion or whatever deck, why would your festival be any different?
>>
File: 1628650575444.png (116 KB, 239x228)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>608167942
>why should an event cater to the theme of the event!
You can't be fucking serious right now.
>>
>>608167846
>They've tried to, you idiot.
They limited the extra deck and like I said that is one thing. Limiting the main deck is a completely other thing. How about burn decks that don't play any monsters? Are you going to ban those cards too because your festival demands that people play only pendulums?
>>
>>608168121
a ton of main deck cards were limited or even forbidden in other events, the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>608168121
>They limited the extra deck and like I said that is one thing. Limiting the main deck is a completely other thing.
They've limited main deck stuff in almost every festival, anon. There's a reason that they usually hit skill drain and they hit the fuck out of draco during the extraless one as well as card that just completely fuck over the summoning type in question.

Why is it always pendulum haters that go max tard out the gate.
>>
>Pendulum event
>Pend call / Darkwurm is basically an FTK
>Endymion is literally just Drytron with the negates
Pretty cancer not gonna lie, i hope they hit atleast endymion / magician pendulum
>>
>>608133690
I played for the first month then quit. I knew how to play after a week or two. Its just YGO is a retarded card game and isnt fun. Half my matches were me doing nothing while my opponent flip flopped his cards around for 10 minutes just to get a couple big scary dudes on the field. You can do this in other card games without having to jump through 10 different hoops. There is no meaningful difference between summon types (except pendulum which is why its the most fun, but is unfortunately also shit) so idk why even have them? Xyz, Synchro, and Fusion basically all work the same. Ladder is just metacucks so all you see is the same shit over and over again, but due to powercreep youre own metacuck deck maybe hardcounters 1 of those and the rest is just a diceroll of who can get thier bullshit wombocombo down first. There is pretty much no strategy involved in YGO. It all boils down to a flowchart, and whoever completes thier flowchart first is the winner. YGO was poorly designed from the get go, and its main design flaw is cards dont cost resources, which ultimately leads to most cards then having paragraphs of bullshit effects (with no bolded keywords or spacing to help with readability btw lmao!) to help you get out cards with even more bullshit effects. Ironically the "strongest card" in the game thats been perma banned forever also has the simplest effect, and really, its not even that strong bc nearly all decks arent going to struggle popping thier combos off because they all have searching built in and a draw 2 would simply be a luxury they likely never needed.
>>
>>608168020
What you're saying is people that don't have the resources to craft a pendulum deck should fuck off or play a shitty deck that Konami threw together out of trash if they want to get their gems.
>>
>>608168210
>>608168209
God you people are morons. Limiting a few cancerous cards is NOT THE SAME THING as banning every single main deck monster that isn't a pendulum.
>>
>>608168237
Obviously, yes. Also resources? You can craft a decent pendulum deck just using 3 of the SDs and a few cards without any real trouble.
You not wanting to play with then doesn't mean they should be ignored.
>>608168332
It's the exact same thing as banning every non-fusion / synchro / xyz for their events.
>>
waiting for the LV and gemini events
>>
>Get machted and Nibiru'd
>Check deck
>Only one of each
Ah yes, i love those rigged matches.
>>
>>608168421
If they had enough cards, I'd welcome those events.
>>
File: file.png (1.48 MB, 725x814)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
The average gold player
>>
File: download (3).jpg (8 KB, 278x181)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>608168230
>>
>>608168398
>It's the exact same thing as banning every non-fusion
No it fucking isn't, you dipshit. I play zombies. There are a whole whopping ZERO zombie pendulum cards. What you're saying I and everyone else in my position should fuck off from your precious festival or play your cancerous pendulum decks with the meme pre-built deck. Whereas in the other festivals there were cheap alternatives to actually grind out your gems, your festival will be special because it will ban all main deck monsters that aren't pendulums.
>>
>>608167175
Some anon posted a combo video of it https://files.catbox.moe/vv4vc8.webm
It's a two cards combo
>>
>>608168660
It really really is. I'm sorry you won't be able to play your favorite grind deck but hey, I'm sure you'll be on here shitting your pants like you always do
>>
>>608168569
I always love when fags play garbage like this and open the literal nuts like aramesia sangan ash called by and judgment.
But if you try to play your hand will always be dracoback crossout o-lion corridor and gabu. Fuck this game.
>>
>>608168817
Oh don't worry if Konami goes full retard I'll be playing some cancerous deck like Final Countdown or burn just to shit on your retarded festival. But like I said it won't happen because if it does it'll never happen again thanks to all the backlash.
>>
>opponent opens with skytranny token into kagari
>goes into orcust combo
>into verte/DPE
>THEN activates rite of aramesir
How many fucking engines did you put into that poor deck
>>
>>608154474
>It doesn't affect gameplay my dude, just lore and card art.
It does when you can’t attend a physical tournament for misgendering someone on some shit like that on social media 10 years ago 22.
>>
>>608168997
Whatever you say, schizo.
>>
>>608169003
sky striker meshes very well with dpe / adventurer.
they all dump spells in the grave
>>
>>608169003
The striker engine is actually self contained, you shove 2 engage 1 drones and 1 anchor in the deck as either quick access to verte or barricade to discard an orcust piece.
The verte engine is self explanatory.
The adventurer engine is because "monkey brain hears engine = gud, monkey use in deck" indiscriminately.
>>
File: 3.png (119 KB, 319x232)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>Remove Synchro, XYZ, Pens, Links from game
>Can only Special summon twice per turn
There, I fixed this shit. No more 30min turns, no more clusterfuck boards with 8 negates at EoT. No more " Oops, you didnt open with a handtrap? Guess you lose now " bullshit
>>
>>608169387
>floo becomes tier 0
you're retard.
stop being retarded
>>
>>608169387
>Master Rule 7: Introducing EXTRA summoning (not considered special summoning)...
>>
>>608169441
Play Masked Tribute, any trap hole. GG no re
>>
Free Elpy
>>
>>608169275
Lol, you're the schizo for actually believing Konami cares about your shitty summoning mechanic that barely anyone plays.
>>
>>608168753
>Dragunity Dragonmaids

That makes sense. Disgusting
>>
>>608169441
Mask of restrict, my bad
>>
>>608169387
Here's how to REALLY fix the game:
>get some based autist to balance the game instead of konami

It's that simple. Yugioh will NEVER be balanced solely because power creep sells new products. The only way to fix the game is for the community to make an online simulator with a custom banlist and custom erratas. Also, remove links entirely because it's impossible to balance that unless you errata every link to require extremely specific materials, but at that rate you're just playing soulless Xyz
>>
File: bricks2.png (250 KB, 585x164)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
And people used to cry about drytron despite it being able to brick like this
>>
>>608169823
I wish they would do that but like you said with Links the game is fucked to the point of no return now
>>
Add huge boobs to everything
There I fixed the game
>>
File: 1481012304553.jpg (27 KB, 640x638)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>608169387
>daily "here I fixed the game" post from retards who don't even play the game
>>
>>608169634
>>608169736
>has to main/sidedeck specific cards just to counter the top deck
We are back at where we started.
>>
>>608169723
That's a pur Dragonmaid deck though, it's like how a Harpie deck is considered pure even when running a single copy of Ferrijit
>>
>>608170184
I play the game and I say special summoning should be limited to 5 a turn. No more Rhongo, no more VFD, no more 5 negate boards.
>>
>>608170203
Trap holes are general use and much better then dedicating 60% of your deck with negates, handtraps, etc. Also Id rather much deal with just one deck ( Floo ) versus the 6+ we have now with board full of negate bullshit
>>
File: 1659712704587663.png (173 KB, 500x500)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
This is how you actually fix the game:
All the people working on the localization department of KoA and their families will have to get rounded up and shot in the back against the wall and the new localization team will be just one intern with google translate, art stays the same as the Japanese release.
>>
>>608170827
the only true answer
>>
>>608170827
>>608171015
The coomer art really isn't that good for Yugioh
>>
>>608169862
I won anyways after 13 turns of pure agony vs Evil Twins
>>
>>608131057
TO FIX MASTER DUEL YOU NEED TO
BAN
Mecha Phantom Beast Aurorodon
Crystron Halqifibrax
Every Adventure Card
Accesscode Talker
Baronne de Fleur
Borreload Savage Dragon
Apollousa
Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer
Maxx C
Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring
>>
>>608171183
Coomer art keeps the normalfags out and as we’ve seen with every other tabletop game, that is the best thing for a game.
>>
File: 1506901073891.gif (2.4 MB, 250x188)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB GIF
>anytime I draw feather duster or lightning storm against eldlich they have imperial order
Ban this fucking card already
>>
>>608171475
>keeps the normalfags out
lol no it doesn't, anon.
>>
To fix Yugioh you need to release new Dragonmaid support
>>
File: FQNCORaUYAI3b6c.jpg (771 KB, 971x1282)
771 KB
771 KB JPG
>>608171641
Like a Link-1, right?
>>
>>608170802
>starts summoning birds on your turn
>tributes your set traps
nothing personal kid
>>
>>608169071
Name 10 times this has happened

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.