[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I pose a challenge to you /v/ermin.
Name a better MMORPG than OSRS.
You can't
>>
thats like being the least smelly piece of dogshit
>>
>>598937486
While I agree that 99% of MMORPGs are pure dogshit, you're wrong friend.
OSRS on its own has SOVL. It's, quite frankly, so good that it's a bit unfair to even call it an MMORPG.
It's something else.
Something different.
Something pure.
>>
>>598937545
This is the most embarrassing shit I’ve read in a while. It’s just a game and Jagex are incompetent and don’t update enough
>>
>>598937410
All the people I know who play runescape are maladjusted as fuck
>>
>>598938701
>All the people I know who play runescape are maladjusted as fuck
True in my case.
>>598938440
It's a great game anon, you should play it.
>>
wtf is that red sword skill supposed to be?
>>
Can't recognize anything past the Runecrafting skill. I'm a Zezima fanboy.
>>
>>598937410
Darkfall
UO
EQ
AC
Shadowbane
WoW 04-05
>>
>>598939523
As far as I'm concerned UO and AoC are the only MMORPGs that come even close to being as good as OSRS.
>WoW 04-05
lmao
>>
>>598939585
sorry your millennial autism simulator is worse than mine were.
>>
>>598939662
My autism simulator is still alive and kicking.
Yours is dead.
Cope and kys boomer.
>>
OSRS is fucking fantastic. The quests are probably the best I've seen in an MMO with actual puzzles in them, the grind is surprisingly addicting with a constant, steady stream of unlocks, the music is endearing while also being genuinely catchy, and the world is awesome to explore with how many little nooks you can find with actually valuable loot and enemy variety.

But I can't play it anymore. I just fucking can't. I can't deal with how goddamn slow player movement and navigation is. I understand the slower pace makes it where you take the world in more and can't just speed past everything. Hell, it gives plenty of value to leveling up your Agility so that you can sprint longer. But holy shit, even with a bunch of teleportation methods and quest items, it's just so fucking slow. It's ironic because the further you get into the game, the more methods you have of instantly teleporting to places. But the further you get into the game, the more quests ask you to constantly backtrack across the entire world. Areas you have to grind in at later levels are, understandably, even farther out. And the world is just fucking massive, so you're going to be just slow walking everywhere. Add to it all, Agility is by far one of the most boring skills to level up since you spend so much of it just constantly clicking. And not even click once and wait, but click very specific spots in the environment and hope you don't fall and have to restart.

If there was an infinite sprint I probably would play that shit to this day. Just have it turn off if you get into combat or enter areas where sprint would help you avoid shit. But as it stands, I just can't deal with the downtime. Maybe the older I get, the more instant gratification I want. But I just can't deal with the 5+ minute treks of mindless walking, then a few seconds of running, then back to walking.
>>
>>598937545
>SOVL
fucking kill yourself you goddamn newfag. Jesus fucking christ why do you retards have to speak like cancer? Fitting for your room temperature IQ I guess.
>>
>>598939790
Limiting running, inventory space and item stacking is what makes OSRS genius.
If it didn't have those things you could grind out a lot of skills way easier. The grind is what keeps OSRS active.
>>
>>598939862
SOVL
>>
>>598939707
rofl, we're the same age if you played UO. I'm guessing you didn't and have only read about it since you think calling me a boomer means shit. you're a poser, and a faggot.
>>
>>598939982
Ultima Online is still online, dumb-dumb.
I gave it a shot and was bored to tears.
OSRS is superior in every conceivable way.
>>
>>598939982
It's "poseur" my illiterate buddy.
>>
If you're not playing OSRS with youtube, a movie, or your favourite cartoon on the second monitor then you're playing OSRS wrong
>>
>>598937410
Why do you keep posting threads about OSRS while using an RS3 skill screen?
>>
>>598940146
More (You)s.
>>
>>598939920
It may keep it alive, but that doesn't make it fun. Plenty of MMOs put in artificial limitations to extend the player experience, which then also makes those MMOs shit. I'm fine with limited inventory and item stacking. That makes for more strategic planning of what you bring to important fights, quest puzzles, and creates a sense of danger since you can lose most of it upon death. Limited running just feels like an inconvenience purely to justify Agility grinding and otherwise try to "immerse" players more. Which the game is already plenty immersive, and Agility would still have importance if your sprint was only limited in combat situations/dungeons.

Like I said, it's probably just me, but I just couldn't deal with the downtime. There's just so much time spent mindlessly walking from place to place, especially for quests that will send you from one side of the world to another, then back again. Couldn't deal with it at a certain point. It became too noticeable the more the game expanded and I needed to go further out to level skills.
>>
>>598937410
OSRS is shit and only for mega autists who think clicking the same pixels tens of thousands of time is gameplay.
>>
File: 1651585589488.jpg (23 KB, 739x415)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>598940208
Yes
>>
>>598937410
why do you keeping making this thread with a picture of a private server skills list
>>
>>598940079
Use appropriate grammar next time, my illiterate buddy
>>
>>598940469
he has nobody to play with but bots
>>
File: crying.jpg (6 KB, 225x224)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>598940778
>>
>>598939790
Teleport you stupid nigger wtf lol
>>
>>598939790
Train construction, stick an amulet of glory on the wall and make some portal chambers. It makes the world your bitch even as low as 50 construction.
>teleport to house
>recharge prayer on your personal altar
>infinite glory teleports to Edgeville for relatively fast access to fairy rings + spirit trees + GE, or Al-Kharid for gnome gliders
>portal chambers to any teleport location you have the magic level for, regardless of current spellbook
I'm not even at the point where I can have my own spirit tree + fairy ring in my house and it's already removed a whole lot of travel time.
>>
>>598939790
Playing around these inconveniences are what makes the game fun. OSRS would have died a long time ago if they implemented all those shitty changes you're suggesting
>>
>>598937410
OG Maplestory
>>
>>598942912
You've said this before, you were wrong then and you're wrong now.
>>598942571
This. The grind is a pain, but that's by design. It's also what makes the grind worth it.
>>
>>598937410
still RuneScape
but before GE
>>
>>598937410
I've played the game for about 7 hours now and I'm here to tell you, the game fucking sucks. It appeals to the most "unga bunga me like watch number go up" fuckers on the planet, and that's coming from someone who loves Siralim Ultimate.
>>
>>598940208
>clicking the same pixels tens of thousands of time is gameplay
Yup. It's nice to run this simple autopilot shit on a second monitor while being productive. The OSRS grind makes the real life grind far more tolerable.
>>
>>598939790
The lack of immediate instant gratification is part of why the game works, and part of how the economy works, too. Faster progress costs more money (or frontloaded time) because the resources needed for it are harder to acquire. Fundamental pillar.

Runescape in general was bottled lightning. It's hard to describe just how good the design fundamentals are, and it's hard to watch what became of them twenty years later, because the greatest tragedy of Runescape is that the end is built into the beginning. By necessity it cannot continue to be supported without moving away from what made it good in the first place, because following the typical MMO model of just increasing the numbers over time doesn't work for Runescape at all, and the only other way to expand it (and it needs to expand, for it is an MMO) is to just make everything wider, which isn't a long-term solution either. Introducing new training methods requires that they be competitive with the old training methods, so that's just accelerating the problem, and the only reward they could really give was new training methods, or ways to get money to use faster training methods.

Can't expand it without making it worse. Can't just trap it in amber without letting it slowly die.
>>
>>598943269
Oh shit I thought I was the only one.
I love Siralim Ultimate because it's the final conclusion to the 'numbers go up' supergenre.
>>
>>598937410
Eh I'm a massive osrs fan but bestt mmo is a bit much. Osrs is basically a single player game that happens to be multi-player. Original wow is better in terms of sense of community
>>
>>598943495
This, OSRS is a idle game with a chat box.
>>
>>598943638
Pretty much. I fucking love the game but I only talk to other players once in a blue moon. At the same time though it is nice not having to talk to fags all the time like in vanilla wow
>>
File: 3ad.jpg (44 KB, 624x624)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>598943269
>. It appeals to the most "unga bunga me like watch number go up" fuckers on the planet
Very true.
I'm one of 'em.
>>
Ya paying 15 USD a month instead of the previous 5 is soul, keys you better off playing eso,wow,or final fantasy, you want real soul it's at wow private servers project accession is the best,real soul, not some shit that people play for nustalgia.
>>
>>598943997
>better off playing eso,wow,or final fantasy, you want real soul it's at wow private servers project accession is the best,real soul
kek
>>
What I loved about Runescape is the sandbox-y feel it had (back in 2007-2010 at least). So many of us noobs back then never seriously put time into skilling, we just kinda explored the world and did random stuff like hanging out with friends or doing Castle Wars for fun, some Clan Wars, doing quests here and there, and just hanging out. The popularity of metagaming now kinda blows me away. It was always there but very few people used to do it. Now it's like, "Dude why are you using such an inefficient method of leveling? Everyone already knows X is the best way".

I guess it's because we're adults now and the game is old. And the high % of people metagaming actually lessens how fun it is to play it any other way. The game just isn't immersive as a world when everyone acts like robots following a wiki. So I understand it even if I don't like it.
>>
>>598944165
>Everyone else is metagaming
>This means I also have to do it
Man, my dumb ass is here mining silver and making holy symbols to lvl up to 40 crafting so I can get access to the crafting guild.
>>
>>598944165
That's just basic accelerationism. I'm surprised it took so long to reach this point, honestly. People were always moving towards efficient ways to play, but for some reason RS managed to resist it for longer than most.

The sheer breadth of options available for players probably helped a lot, and things like Slayer and quests which basically force you to do varied things or locked specific activities behind a thousand other activities also kept player autism in check.

Age was certainly a factor, too. Perhaps even general social outlook. 2007 was a bright time for most of western society, then the 2008 market crash happened and things became very bleak, very quickly.
>>
>>598944340
It doesn't mean you have to do it, but it makes it less fun when no one else is doing it. A lot of the fun comes from social interaction yet when few people play this way your chance to do this falls.

But ultimately I think the main problem for not only this but MMOs in general is the sense that worlds in MMOs now are "solved" while there used to be a mystery and wonder to them in the past. Maybe this is different for some people, but it's a real thing to me. The game feels totally different now
>>
I still can't do Firecape.
>>
i know its blasphemy to say but i want some of the new rs3 skills in osrs
>>
>>598944935
No you don't.
>>
File: absolute state of osrs.png (906 KB, 1280x720)
906 KB
906 KB PNG
pitch a new skill for OSRS
>>
>>598945245
bothunting
venuzuelan hunting
>>
>>598939790
fuck you can teleport everywhere anyway

and get full graceful, or if you really really care, stamina pots + ring of endurance
>>
>>598945245
Warding should've made it in.
It doesn't matter anymore we'll literally never get a new skill or new meaningful content ever again unless they ditch polls entirely.
>>
>>598944446
I think it's just that people don't want to make an already incredibly long process any longer. I watched my roommate max his character and that shit looked tedious as hell.
>>
>>598937410
Ultima Online
https://youtu.be/5X1gC3BLq2w
>>
>>598945245
Charms
>new equipment slot
>items for it are made out of mostly existing items
>charms grant various bonuses to other skills while equipped
>stuff like %chance of saving planks while constructing, or x2 fish caught, or whatever
>they all degrade on each activation, but you gain charms experience every time they do
>eg a low level fishing charm might let you gather double fish 20 times, and you get 18 xp every time it does or whatever
Pros
>item sink for resources/items that are permanently at alch price
>affects everything
>not a bankstanding skill
Cons
>probably a lot because I didn't think about it for more than 30 seconds
>having an empty equipment slot for any reason is inefficient when you could be levelling charms exp
>would have to constantly micromanage your charges
>resources consumed would have to be pretty substantial or they'd just be effectively free unlocks
>>
>>598939523
Darkfall and FFXI are the best mmos ever
>>
>>598946664
that's basically invention but without attaching it to existing gear
invention is a great skill in RS3
>>
>>598947154
You do not want to know how disappointed I was you couldn't stack Dragonslayer perks on armor and weapons, I had a whole green dragon farming set made and everything
>>
>>598937410
RS3 > OSRS
>>
>>598945245
equestrian
you get to ride horses
>>
>>598939186
people complained that nobody uses the dragon longsword so they made an entire skill out of killing things with the dragon longsword, called 'DLonging.
>>
maplestory, because it's an MMO, and an RPG.
Runescape is an idle game that no one communicates with ,and the only "massive" part about it is the massive amounts of bots.
>>
>>598947980
maplestory is fucking bloated shit with a billion upgrade systems for every piece of gear, you have scrolling, cubing, staring and some other shit which I've probably forgot, then you have that massive grid for leveling up alts and it all becomes a massive grind, maplestory is quite literally all about the grind with every class having room clearing abilities which you use for hours at a time in the most optimized maps while you wait for your daily/weekly/monthly bullshit treadmill to reset

>idle game
if melvor idle is essentially distilled runescape into idle bullshit, the other side of the coin is idleon which is essentially disitilled maplestory into idle bullshit
>>
>>598937410
RSC
>>
>>598947980
>Runescape is an idle game
True
>An idle game is better than every other MMORPG out there
Also true
>>
File: RS.jpg (279 KB, 1500x1500)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>598937410
Dubs and i'll resub.
>>
>>598948579
poллинг
>>
>>598948579
Isn't one of the best f2p money makers just mining coal? Why did you give me this pen and paper?
>>
>>598948525
recommend me some idle/incremental games bro, I really liked theory of magic and your chronicle recently, I thing the RPG style of slowly progressing and unfolding systems where you become responsible for more and more extra shit way more appealing that the typical muh 1 bajillion cookies per second so I can finally prestije and do it all the exact same to get 2 bajillion cookies per second style which a lot of people seem to cream over
>>
>>598944165
I'd argue with the introduction of the bowfa and with the growing realisation that since there's so many autists dedicated to getting 200m xp/all pets/players focusing on an individual boss's hiscore that metagaming doesn't have a place in OSRS anymore. There's so many autistic NEET's playing the game for 16+ hours a day there's nothing to compete for. I've enjoyed playing an ironmeme, getting the bowfa, and now I can do whatever content I want in the game and it feels like more of a sandbox than ever
>>
>>598937410
>>598937545
I have no interest in sanctioned pay to win games anymore. Did all the quests and I'm good forever.

When it takes 1/8'th the time to train most skills with an massive gold supply and the fucking game devs sell you that gold for money it's just shit.
>>
>>598937410
>played RS since 2004
>got comp cape in RS3
Is it worth jumping into OSRS? The one thing that annoys the hell out of me is the run energy and other QOL stuff RS3 has. RS3 has a node near basically everything you want to interact with, while OSRS has ass for run energy and far more limited teleport options.
>>
File: 1601624005646s.jpg (2 KB, 79x125)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>598937410
RuneScape 3 is a better version and a better game then OSRS. The only bad thing osrs cucks can say is "MTX MTX" while they allow fucking SPECIAL WORLD SERVERS and literally FOMO content like league inside their fucking game lol.
>>
Leagues are kino, weak.
>>
>>598937410
why is this shitty UI being spam for runescape lately? is this a discord raid faggots?
>>
>>598949549
>Is it worth jumping into OSRS
Yes.
RS3 made it to easy to lvl skills, and followed some negative trends from other MMORPGs.
OSRS is pure.
>>
>>598937410
Haven and Hearth
>>
>>598949658
>MTX MTX
that's a retarded argument to begin with when you can just buy gold in both games if you want to, if you shell out a couple hundred bucks you can level many buyable skills really quickly, get a ton of BiS gear and so on and so forth, OSRS players criticizing RS3 monetization is literally the people living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones shit
>>
>>598949549
Absolutely not.
>>
>>598949658
Honestly RS3 is fine, especially since you can just ignore the MTX or play ironmeme. My gripe about RS3 is how absolutely fucking ugly some of the cosmetics are. Jagex has actually been toning down how gaudy new cosmetics are, but that doesn't change some people running around in blinding particle effect outfits with a unicorn plushie and goofy walk animations.
>>
>>598949963
>It's not worth it to play the superior version of the game
It's weak bait bro.
>>
File: osrsstats.png (44 KB, 255x356)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>598949549
I'm maxed but not comped in RS3, and I've been having a lot of fun in OSRS. The earlygame is very restrictive and agility/runecrafting suck as much as they ever did, but it's still fun to play a game that doesn't expect you to rush to max, and most of the osrs-exclusive content is great.
>>
Runescape is not an RPG, it's an idle clicker.
>>
>>598950886
If you want to be reductive, that's what every RPG is.
>>
File: 1573487840090.png (197 KB, 379x764)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
>>598937410
>Want to start playing OSRS
>Don't want to start over from zero with the meh F2P quests
Feels bad
>>
>>598950998
You can try do dragonslayer on F2P to see if you like it
>>
>>598950998
It's real simple bro.
Start playing the game.
Mine coal until you have enough to buy a bond.
Enjoy the game.
>>
>>598950990
MMO*
>>
>>598951674
Nah, it applies to RPGs as well, turn based and isometric ones especially.
>>
>>598951781
Video game RPGs, yes
>>
>>598937410
What are those last three skills?
>>
Can I ERP in OSRS? All my MMO skills and item acquisition are in service of that goal.
>>
>>598951781
Co-op CRPGs are RPGs
>>
>>598951897
Ranger
Godsmite
Dungeoneering
>>
>>598952114
Oh so I'm guessing April fools event
>>
>be me
>OSRS newfag
>See crafting guild has a bank access with a good f2p mine nearby
>decide to get 40 crafting
>Currently 32
>See the bank chest is members only
>mfw
>>
>>598954427
It's not any better if you're a member. It's locked behind the Elite achievement diary or something stupid.
>>
>>598954639
Hard Falador diary or 99 crafting, to be exact.
>>
>>598950998
it takes like a day to do all the f2p quests assuming you have decent gp and combat level
>>
Its shit but i cant complain, I made fucking bank from writing bots for it, and its piss easy too, even experimented with deep learning and image recognition on it which landed me a job at a startup I'm way under qualified for, the moneys good tho
>>
>>598956105
Thanks for letting us know bro.
Very cool.
>>
>>598937410
I enjoy elder scrolls online because of big pvp battles
>>
>>598957097
Yeah, ESO's decent compared to everything else, but it's nothing compared to OSRS.
>>
Runescape 2 > OSRS > Runescape 3
>>
>>598957525
Can you anons stop being contrarian faggots for once in your life and just admit that OSRS is the best MMORPG in existence?
>>
>>598958334
too much bad writing and out of place art to put it above RS2 imo
>>
>>598958334
Anon, you're starting to sound like one of them
>>
>>598937410
It's not just a terrible game, but also an awful mmo. One of the worst ever made.
>>
>>598938440
>It’s just a game and Jagex are incompetent and don’t update enough
Yes they do.
>>
>>598943269
You are low IQ.
>>
>>598938440
they update it too much
>>
>>598940143
>this game is literally only fun if you have an attention defect issue
really makes you think
>>
>>598959828
It's deficit.
Attention deficit.
>>
File: escape.png (125 KB, 502x406)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
vidyascape will never die
>>>/vg/383899735
>>
>>598937410
Wizard101
>>
>>598962381
seems gay
>>
File: disgust.gif (2.11 MB, 330x166)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB GIF
>>598962381
>vidyascape
>>
>>598937410
Pre-BB Maplestory.
8.1 Tibia and before, fuck blessings.
LaTale (Only the clothing system).
>>
>>598943849
idk most people i've met in OSRS are fucking weird
chatting is only fun in wintertodt
>>
>>598938701
unironically all the people I know are rich as fuck. seriously, they all have very well paying jobs and and are dumb as fuck.
>>
File: 60b76b2ec5578.webm (2.9 MB, 1280x720)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>598939790
osrs needs a combat upgrade whilst still keeping the chill aspect of it for skilling
>>
>>598965251
>and and
>>
>>598965606
>osrs needs a combat upgrade
This happened already.
It's what created OSRS.
>>
File: 88k.jpg (36 KB, 435x334)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>598965630
its 10am and I haven't slept yet
>>
>>598965921
Yes, I also use that as an excuse when I do something retarded.
>>
>>598966094
Yes.
>>
>>598937410
RS3 :)
>>
>>598965606
wtf is that from?
>>
Give me one thing, just one, that original does better.
>>
>>598966464
Um...you mean old school?
In comparison to RS3?
OSRS is like an MMORPG time capsule, from a time when MMORPGs were actually good, that's still massively played.
It's good for all the reasons modern MMORPGs are bad.
If there is one negative to it, it's that it is a solved game, and has been for a while now. This would have killed other MMORPGs (like WoW Classic), fortunately OSRS is so grindy that if you did 99 everything, even if you take a break, you will come back to it eventually.
Sunk cost fallacy and all that.
>>
>>598937410
Runescape is the very definition of unfun. Just a series of chores stacked on top of more chores and other shallow mechanics designed to distract you from terrible cookie clicker gameplay and to keep you forever busy.
>>
>>598937410
>OSRS
RuneScape died end of 2007.
OSRS barely lasted a year before the community (again) fucked the game up.
Now kill yourself.
>>
>>598966464
Construction as a whole is way more useful in OSRS compared to RS3, and not just because the meta is different. The osrs devs rewrote the whole skill and added a bunch of new rooms and quality of life like being able to freely move/rotate completed rooms.
>>
>>598967708
I like it.
>>
>>598965725
rs3 mistake was chasing wow. Honestly im surprised action rpg mmos or tab targeting mmos doesnt employ clicking mode like osrs, imagine. Its something real chill about zooming out being in the osrs view and just clicking to interact as oppose to wasd and mouse click to interact. Oh perhaps its because one has you move with a button click and the other requires 2 hands..
>>598966375
LoL diablo game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR8aPX-6s-I
>>
>>598966464
server stability
>>
>>598967831
Enjoy your bot-infested, Grand Exchange, min-maxing, played to death dogshit of a game.
>>
>>598951539
Is coal even still good money?
>>
File: people playing.jpg (27 KB, 311x194)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
I wonder how many are bots?
>>
>>598968075
80%
>>
>>598968046
no, kek
>>598968009
Thank you, I will.
>>
>>598968009
>muh grand exchange
Noone wants to spend an hour spamming in falador to sell their shit
>>
File: eq.png (2.06 MB, 1147x648)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
everquest is better
>>
File: absolute smugness.jpg (28 KB, 400x400)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>598968294
Is it though?
>>
File: TOV.png (1.16 MB, 871x656)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>598968423
yes
>>
>>598968269
newfag detected.
the grand exchange killed all sense of community.
community > convienience.
>>
File: 1651463164671.jpg (476 KB, 2500x1435)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
>>598968508
no
>>
I recently started iron man, I enjoyed it, but then I started to wonder whats gonna happen when I want to play with friends, so i recovered an old account since 2004 and now i play like an iron man but can still buy bonds.

I got 40 quests to go, I did them all without a quest guide. I like some of the new minigames they added but I feel like they also removed the point of the skill since minigames dont cost gold and give you almost as much xp. You even get gold by doing them. Im looking at wintertodt and tempeross.

That being said, its a good adventure/grind game if you dont follow guides.
>>
>>598968549
WoW has a lot of convenience and is the biggest MMO
>>
>>598949841
qrd on this game? looks neat and im desperate for something like an mmo to play
>>
>>598968727
Is it?
>>
>>598968709
Also I feel like home teleport + minigame teleport creates too much accessibility
>>
>>598937410
when we gettin more skills brosrs
>>
File: 1623039371974.png (107 KB, 300x369)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>598937410
>subscription
i'll stick to my WoW servers ran by 3rd worlders thanks
>>
File: kino.png (54 KB, 841x100)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>598949841
>>
>>598968549
People stopped using falador/varrock item trading in favor of websites that did literally the same shit as the GE did very quickly
Take off the rose tinted glasses of autotyper trading, it was shit. It did not "promote a community" it just resulted in people spending days standing around typing glow3:SELLING SARA BREWS 10K
>>
>>598968727
Okay? We are talking about RuneScape.
>>
>>598968960
Never.
And that's a good thing.
>>
>>598968549
you are a newfag if you think trading x I SKILL I x for 300 unids and never actually speaking to him is at all what contributed to the sense of "community" in 2005-2006
>>
File: tibia inventory.jpg (274 KB, 527x1018)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>598937410
>play tibia as a kiddo
>hear about """runescape""" in school
>'it must be trash, tibia is the best'
>inevitably get scammed
>'tibia is hot garbage, i need a new game'
>wow came out
>never got a chance to try runescape
So, how's the new player experience? I didn't even get a chance to try it before.
>>
>>598945245
Sailing:
A new area of a vast ocean populated with many small islands. While you're out in the outer rim ocean you can't teleport by any means you must sail from location to location. These islands have raw mats that you collect with your gathering skills and store them in your ship's expanded inventory, while carrying the mats you can't teleport, they can't be stored in your normal bank, they all drop on death. You must ferry those mats to other islands to use with your production skills.

The quickest paths from gathering islands to production islands cut through wilderness pvp areas. The most bountiful islands are also in the wilderness.

While traveling you can be attacked by npc pirates in safe areas, or real players in the wilderness. The further out you go the more dangerous it gets, but the higher the level of mats get, think EVE security levels. Pirates will attempt to disable your ship with cannons and other tactics, then board you to engage in direct combat.

Sailing skill determines what tier ships you can sail and how many upgrade points you can use to fit upgrades on a ship, like expanded cargo hold, cannons, faster sails, etc.
>>
>>598970229
nice minigame
>>
>>598970043
It's pretty good, though just remember it's a very grind heavy game
Because they didn't create content in zones to, even old areas are relatively populated because you almost always have a reason to go to some place at any level
Get members, do some quests early on. There's loads of quests that will very quickly push you past the super early levels and get a new account to a decent starting point
>>
>>598970043
Just know what you're getting into, use runelite to have easier time
>>
>>598970043
I recognize like 3 items from that entire clusterfuck of shit that you have. What version is this?
>>
>>598970229
They should have combined Dungeoneering with Player-Owned Ports to achieve something like this with infinite replayability, co-op, the ability to encounter other players at sea for naval combat, etc.
>>
>>598939523
>WoW 04-05
lmao
lol
>>
>>598970043
I'm the eternal faggot known as OP, these threads are mostly shitposts. But be warned, if you decide to try OSRS, you may live to regret it.
Shit's addicting as fuck.
>>
>>598969648
ok, nigger
>>
>>598937410
Runescape just before EoC.
>>
>>598971307
That's what I said, OSRS.
>>
>>598971307
GE*
>>
>>598970709
>grind heavy
As in, need to get lucky to get that one specific item or do I need a shitton of certain resources? Perhaps the leveling is the grind?
>>598970772
I supppose that's an addon?
>>598970893
Update 12.02, December 11, 2018
Screenshot is from early 2019, haven't played much since then.
>>598971084
So, I'm looking at the site now and there's two versions? OSRS is the oldschool I suppose. Why pick that one over the other?
>>
>>598957097
ESO would be a lot better if it weren't for the theme park design and group questing being shit. I can kinda forgive the former since, compared to others that try to hide it, the game explicitly leans into being a single player adventure game that has a living world (at least as far as the general overworld is concerned), but the latter is just shameful. Despite the aforementioned single-player design, they clearly want you to take your friends along as a trio, and even if they only exist as player-controlled companions, there's more they could do to make the experience smoother.

It's disgusting that it's been 11 years since SWTOR came out, and that lackluster piece of shit manages to still be one of the best options for group questing, solely because it actually pulls people into dialogue with you. Even when ESO lets you progress quest steps together when nearby, it's basically EYE-tier with how in the dark you'll all be if you don't all manually join in.
>>
>>598971483
runelite is an alternative client with better craphics, QOL etc
>>
>>598971480
>buying r2h 50k
>ty
>ty
>SOVL
>zoomers will never understand true socializing in video games
>>
File: 1645258925958.png (2 KB, 226x70)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>598971483
>As in, need to get lucky to get that one specific item or do I need a shitton of certain resources? Perhaps the leveling is the grind?
The very last one. The main process for leveling will be grinding. It's inescapable, but generally fairly simple and doesn't require a ton of attention.
Runelite is an alternative client that's incredibly handy
>>
>>598937410
UO.
>>
>>598967005
>OSRS is like an MMORPG time capsule from when MMORPGs were actually good
That hasn't been true for 7+ years now
>>
>>598970335
Almost, it would all be connected to the main map. You could bring items from the ocean to any place in Runescape, so you could go to a special fishing area in the outer rim, then sail across the ocean to the special range to cook said fish, then you sail all the way back to the port closest to Edgeville run to the bank (you can't teleport with the fish in your inventory) all the way to Edgeville then sell the absolute best food to pvpers for a premium price.
>>
>>598971483
If you want to play a modern MMORPG, there's no reason to play RS3 because other modern MMORPGs do it better.
But if you're looking for an old school experience ,nothing can beat OSRS.
>>
>>598937410
>RS3 did Tz-zuk even better then OSRS

This proves single-handily that RS3 is better then osrs. OSRS has done nothing better then rs3.
>>
>>598971924
If you're too retarded to understand why that one change you don't like still doesn't change the fact that OSRS is the most old school MMO on the market, I can't help you anon.
You're too dumb.
>>
>>598937410
>OSRS
>Post RS3 stats
>>
>>598972192
If they ever make another sea slug quest, it'll be better by default
>>
>>598972390
Oh I see, so we're moving things from
>time capsule of when MMORPGs are good
to
>w-well it's the least shite! retard!!
>>
>>598972615
>that one change i don't like completely ruined the entire game
stop being such a goddamn unfuckable autistic fuckhead.
>>
>>598971791
Hi zoomer
>>
>osrs
>Summoning
>Dungeoneering
>Custom skill
We get it, you play pservs
>>
>>598972787
Well, what I would say is that it definitely has had a large impact on the game, and if we're talking about being a "time capsule," then yeah, OSRS has been irreconcilable with that label for the past 7+ years. Might as well have added summoning or the EOC and go on like
>well it's one change, it's totally still Old-School!!!
You can feel about that update however you want, but that exact statement is objectively untrue
>>
>>598972929
People still influence how the market works
How do you think flipping works? Even now people still flip for money based off the prices that change as people demand more or less of something
And that pic still doesn't explain that more and more people made use of websites where they could post the items they had for sale, get a pm from someone they'd never talk to otherwise, trade it, and leave. Never talking to the person ever again
>>
>>598973268
>People still influence how the market works
But now it's a sterile, boring process only for the coldest of autists who don't care about world building.

>that pic still doesn't explain that more and more people made use of websites where they could post the items they had for sale
It doesn't have to. Not everyone was doing that or would have eventually done that because doing that was irrelevant to what they liked about the market at the time.
>>
>>598973641
>But now it's a sterile, boring process only for the coldest of autists who don't care about world building.
You mean the majority of the OSRS playerbase?
>>
>>598973912
Yes, hence why OSRS is inferior to pre-GE RS2. Not just a better game, but also a better community existed then.
>>
>>598974067
>but also a better community existed then
lmao
communities are for fags
I'm in it for the numbers
>>
>>598974252
>I'm in it for the numbers
I know you are. What's your point?
>>
>>598971483
>As in, need to get lucky to get that one specific item or do I need a shitton of certain resources? Perhaps the leveling is the grind?
All of the above. Resources aren't that bad if you aren't an ironman, though. Lots of people have surplus you can buy through the infinite item dispenser that calls itself the Grand Exchange.
The level grind won't seem bad at first, though. The experience curve is designed to hook you and fuck you.
>>
>>598974391
My point is you play MMORPGs for the wrong reasons.
>>
File: 500px-Linear.png (36 KB, 500x400)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>598974717
>The experience curve is designed to hook you and fuck you.
kek
based and truthpilled
You start realizing what you've gotten yourself into at around level 50, and then you keep on realizing.
>>
>>598974835
There are no "wrong reasons." There's just wanting to role-play and being an autist.
>>
>>598975172
There's just wanting to be a faggot and being based.
>>
You will never recapture the magic of being young and experiencing a brand new world with your friends again
>>
>>598975269
The faggot being the one who plays by himself for bing bing wahoo in a multiplayer game, right?
>>
Slayer takes too fucking long to level
>>
>>598969217
am i likely to find people online that speak english if i try this game out? or is it basically single player with a population like that? im not familiar with it
>>
>>598975441
also brimstone keys are a fucking lie
>>
>>598975384
No, the faggot being the one who likes to play make belief in a fucking video game, instead of embracing the cold, hard logic of numbers.
RPers should hang themselves.
>>
File: 1618885379992.png (2.2 MB, 2261x2184)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB PNG
>>598975441
Slayer is only slow if you're trying to grind it specifically. If you train it while also levelling your combat stats / hunting drops it's fine.
>>598975724
They're based on your enemy's combat level. If you're doing basilisks or trolls you'll get very few, but gargoyles/black demons/nechryaels/hellhounds and such will spam them. You can expect 2-5ish per task for the higher levelled enemies.
>>
File: 1369243429583.jpg (15 KB, 362x398)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>598975908
Embarrassing.
>>
>>598976686
it is. If I was an RP fag I'd be emberassed to admit it, even on an anonymous Italian renaissance painting forum.
>>
>>598937410
>Red Sword
>Ring
What are these skills?
>>
>>598976938
The ring is dungeoneering
>>
File: 1623261180754.jpg (345 KB, 1600x1200)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
>>
File: 1376067902300.jpg (49 KB, 300x392)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>598976858
Wait, are you actually upset that I called you out for being autistic?
>>
>>598976938
red sword is a fake icon to get replies
>>
>>598977089
Are you upset that RPing is top tier faggotry?
>>
>>598937410
Mabinogi
>>
>>598977145
I'll take that as a yes. Autists sure are sensitive.
>>
>>598937545
He's right. OSRS may have soul and is unique, but it's still dogshit game for people who don't have anything to do with their lives, just like all MMOs.
>>
>>598977297
t. projecting RP fag
>>
>>598977342
>but it's still dogshit game for people who don't have anything to do with their lives, just like all MMOs.
Fair enough.
But if you're gonna go down that route it'd be less hypocritical if you said all of vidya instead of just MMOs.
>>
>>598945245
Artisan
slayer-task style skill where you get tasks to use your processing/utility skills

>Smith 50 steel warhammers
>Craft 100 Hard Leather Armors
>Mine 100 mithril
>>
Summoning was cool
>>
>>598977387
>projecting
Okay mr. "you play for the wrong reasons because you like what I don't like"
>>
>>598977653
Go play on WoW RP servers you pansy ass faggot.
>>
>>598948579
Dubs and I go full autist mode for all 99s.
>>
>>598977170
only if you have friends to play it with, playing it alone feels like you're in mental asylum seeking oranges on the rooftops and it's winter time during the night
>>
File: 1630623496578.jpg (24 KB, 321x306)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>598951781
>FO is an idle clicker
>Baulders Gate is an idle clicker
>Divinity is an idle clicker
>KOTOR is an idle clicker
i dont think so tim
>>
>>598977553
Ehhh.
I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.
Best suggestion out of all the replies though.
>>
>>598977720
HA, I knew it.
>>
>>598977553
Polled and failed as it should.
>>
>>598977708
RP servers are for faggots who know as much about role-playing games as you do.
>>
>>598977875
>artisan failled
>reworking smithing into a real skill again failed
>but big gay island passed with 69.9%

truly the most braindead community
>>
>>598937410
I wouldn't wish runescape addiction on my worst enemy.
>>
>>598977791
I mean, you can idle all of those RPGs, to a certain extent, unlike, say, an FPS game.
Especially if you memorize your hotbar abilities.
>>
>>598977981
kek
as a Runescape fag, I started by focusing on mining/blacksmithing.
I reached lvl 30 blacksmithing before realizing I could just buy the gear from shops.
Smithing is in a really, really bad state.
The poll system is far from perfect, but it's still the best system we have.
>>
>>598978143
*newfag
>>
>>598978005

you can launch a game and just walk away and call it an idle clicker.

I can also call you a retard.
>>
>>598978496
Well if you faggots wanna be reductive and call OSRS an idle clicker, I can be reductive and call all RPGs idle clickers.
Go seethe someplace else fag.
>>
>>598978143
They were going to rework it so Rune Plate was level 50 smithing and they would add new smithing gear for 50+
Seemed really cool but the community said "no thanks, I like smiting to be completely useless unless im making dart tips"
>>
>>598978597
Calling OSRS or RS3 an idle clicker isn't reductive
>>
>>598978143
I have exclusively leveled smithing via quests and cannonballs to 78 and I wish it was a good skill
>>
File: Capture.png (200 KB, 1348x584)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>598978597
This entire time we've been writing, ive been leveling defense in NMZ - its an idle game.

went back twice to touch the orb and drink absorptions.
>>
>>598977145
seething
>>
for me, its melvor idle
>>
>>598979139
>>598979371
>>598978991
fuck off retards
>>
>>598949879
Near all BiS gear is untradeable.
>>
>>598937410
Rotmg outjewed them. Jagex lost.
>>
>>598937410
RS3. better quests, though admittedly the newest ones haven't been great.
>>
>>598980671
Rotmg is such a clusterfuck now that it makes RS3 look good.
>>
File: retard.png (56 KB, 1383x773)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>598940079
>>
will they ever increase exp rates? would love to do all quests but not at rates tuned for dial-up era 00's schoolkids with free time
>>
>>598980559
you mad
>>
>>598981041
rs3's quests haven't been good in like 7 years
>>
>>598980621
Only the cape and accumulator are untradeable. Elite void isnt BIS for most bosses

Almost all BIS is tradeable.
>>
>>598981870
Ferocious gloves aren't tradable
Mage capes arent tradable
>>
>>598982332
I just bought ferocious gloves. You trade the leather to make it. yes, the capes and accumulator are untradeable
>>
>>598981870
>Elite void isnt BIS for most bosses
almost no item in the game is BiS for every single task
but lets see
>skilling outfits &gracefult
>barrows gloves and even ferocious gloves
>defenders
>infernal & god capes
>salve ammy & bonecrusher necklace
>slayer helm
>neitznot faceguard
>blade of saeldor

>>598982508
still requires completion of a grandmaster quest
>>
>>598981342
RC got a huge buff with the uniques from the new minigame
mining is by far the worst skill to level now, but you can do solo VM games and its not too terrible to level to 99 if you don't want to deal with other people
>>
>>598982550
>8 items
vs
>the dozens of tradeable BIS that I dont even want to bother counting to prove a silly point
cmon man.

you had to list barrows and fercious which a both tradeable to pad the list.
>>
>>598982791
>RC got a huge buff with the uniques from the new minigame
which one is that?
>>
>>598982885
You can't make ferocious gloves without RFD and DS2
They are defacto untradable
>>
>still requires completion of a grandmaster quest
>You can't make ferocious gloves without RFD and DS2
so list rune plate and d scimmy as untradeable too since those require quests.
shit rune essence is technically untradeable too.

what is your definition of untradeable?
>>
not going to reply to you prick
>>
I don't blame you, it was getting weird.
>>
File: 1445478141969.jpg (48 KB, 422x422)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>You can't make potions or clean herbs without Druid Ritual
>Potions and Herbs are defacto untradable
>>
>>598983039
>if you shell out a couple hundred bucks you can level many buyable skills really quickly, get a ton of BiS gear and so on and so forth
you literally cannot just "shell out a couple hundred bucks" and get barrows gloves.
It requires dozens of hours of other grinds and quests. Yes, the upgrade for ferocious gloves takes a tradeable drop to craft, but you still must earn it with completing hard quests from the get go
you're entire argument thus far is analogous to saying "oh well if you could paint the infernal cape purple with purple dye you can buy of the GE, then the infernal cape is a tradeable BiS item"
fuck off
>>
>tfw mage is impossible to train because runes require rune mysteries to make
>>
>>598983783
Well by untradeable I assumed we meant "Not being able to be traded" like a fire cape or a mage cape. since those are... not... able to be traded?

Like if i can trade you for a primordial stone, that makes that stone tradeable. So i can just trade for what i need to make primordial boots.

I cannot trade you for a vorkath head, so that makes it untradeable. So i canot just trade for what i need to make an assembler.
Right?

So if i can trade for hydra leather that makes ferocious gloves: ???
>>
>>598939790
>But I can't play it anymore. I just fucking can't. I can't deal with how goddamn slow player movement and navigation is

I've never seen anyone misunderstand a game more than this post. RS starts with very teleport and travel options, but the most obtainable goals out the early game should be teleport options. Rings of dueling, amulet of glory, ring of wealth all offer fantastic teleports and are all basically free. The quests which unlock teleports all pretty easy to do. Fairy rings, spirit trees, and that zeah book are pretty low level. Teleports are clearly designed as one of the most clear milestones in account progression, which is why they are in everything from just magic levels, achievement diaries, quests, and just outright buying them from construction or the unlimited crystal teleport.

By the time you enter the mid game you should have easy to access to basically every teleport, and you should begin to build up your POH with jewelry boxes, mounted glories, and teleports from specific spellbooks that are useful before you can just make a nexus with everything (e.g., kharil's teleport).
>>
>>598984373
ferocious gloves requires hydra leather AND completion of DSII
go ahead and trade me a completed end-game quest.
to your earlier point, yes, this makes rune pl8 and d scim fall under the same category, but they are nowhere close to endgame items because the quests for these are trivial and completed in the midgame
>>
>>598984979
>all herbs and potions most dragon weapons, all d-hide chests, angler fish, rune essence and rune plate are all untradeable now
are you sure?
>>
>>598985486
semantics aside,
you cannot just "shell out a couple hundred bucks" to complete DSII
>>
>>598985567
no one said you could, they said if you could trade for it.

a level 3 cant use it. is that what you wanted to hear?
>>
File: file.png (302 KB, 680x591)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
>>598985632
Yes
>>
File: 123211145.jpg (75 KB, 600x1040)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>598985689
>>
>>598974965
I remember thinking a couple hours was a long grind.
>>
>>598974965
everything before total level 1600 is just a tutorial essentially.
>>
>>598968009
did old school rape you or something?
>>
mid and early game are far superior to late game autism
>>
>>598986127
the gamblor bots at the GE will get you like that. no clue how they arent banned instantly.
>>
File: fc62do5amhd31[1].jpg (27 KB, 524x499)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>598937410
Runescape 3
>>
>>598986281
>Falling for the bots
lmao
>>
File: 1639852031884.jpg (70 KB, 981x1200)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>598986284
>wheel of squeal
>>
>>598986372
i wish slow death on anyone who feeds venezuelan bot farms money

i only wish their accounts getting hacked didnt fund the problem further.
>>
>>598986578
I agree
The huge amount of bots is honestly saddening to see. I know it'll never be like I'm some kid coming home after school to play RS with my friends, but I hate to see the presence they have
>>
>>598986214
mid game is the worst.

Early game is fun because fast levels and dopamine, end game has a variety of bosses from chill and AFK to mechanically intensive and legitimately challenging. Mid game is just grinding out stats and gold to prepare for endgame.

Only argument for mid game is that you'll be finishing up your quests, and there are some good quests to be had, but that's just a fraction of the time you'll spending.
>>
>>598986745
the best thing gaygex has done was make total level locked worlds. Never saw a gambling bot on a 1250+ world.
>>
File: 1630687880080.png (29 KB, 192x262)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>598986865
>1250+ world
I'll get there one day
I really should get around to doing farming, hunter, slayer, and construction
>>
>>598986813
mid game quests are god tier and you slowly get to explore new areas of the map with increasingly difficult enemies
also complaining about mid game grind is dumb when late game is grinding bosses endlessly and spreadsheet grinding shit like RC, FM, and mining so you can get 90 billion overall to do their over the top late game quests
>>
>>598986745
When I was a new player back in actual 2007 every single yew tree had a swarm of literally 20 bots around it. Me and my IRL friends used to call them "default noobs" because we didn't know they were bots.
>>
>>598986975
>All those combat levels without slayer
What are you doing

Farming and hunter are both pretty chill. Just do a couple bird house runs each day for hunter, and you'll probably hit level 60 in a few weeks. Don't worry about hitting the 50 mark, I just do one at the start and end of each day. Farming is incredibly useful, and herb runs are basically the best money maker in the game until end game bossing.
>>
>>598986813
Farming is one of the easiest 99s in the game and will become insanely profitable 70+ when planting herbs.
Hunter is also insanely easy after they added birdhouses but it only gets you to 60 before it crashes in speed.

You could also do cooking, cheap 99 and pretty fast
>>
>>598987253
>What are you doing
Whenever asked, people always said to just get some combat stats before starting it so I could skip ahead to harder tasks
>>
>>598987335
those are good stats, it will help with slayer, its nbd. its always good to have high combat unless you plan on doing wildy stuff.
>>
how do I find a chill cc/clan that isn't full of 'ecksdee :P' fags?
>>
File: Capture.png (44 KB, 252x339)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
postem?
>>
>>598986975
>I really should get around to doing farming
Go do farming. I cannot express how painful it is to need a farming requirement and have to wait weeks for those shitty little trees to grow. Its the most low effort thing possible just do it.
>>
>>598987335
Yeah, that's reasonable advice. I did all my combat training with slayer from level 1, and the shit like lizard tasks are just terrible. With nieve unlocked though the tasks are much better.
>>
File: osrs lvls.jpg (36 KB, 201x271)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>598987836
I started playing recently.
Don't laugh pls.
>>
File: stats2.png (21 KB, 200x270)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>598987836
>>
File: 1638321758248.png (176 KB, 823x439)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>598987972
>highest levels are mining and smith
that classic new player mistake.

max fishing or wc first if you want to be a utility boy. mining/smith are dead skills.
>>
File: stats1505.png (38 KB, 237x335)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>598987836
I play for slayer
>>
>>598987309
>You could also do cooking, cheap 99 and pretty fast

I'd only recommend cooking for your first 99 if you really just want a 99. Outside of that, it's pretty useful. It is cheap and fast, but it is still level 99 in a skill, and time you could have invested somewhere else. Also, untrimmed cooking cape is easily the most embarrassing skill cape in the game.
>>
>>598988164
To be fair, mining is probably one of the better money making skills in f2p, it's what I'd do if I had to work towards getting that first bond
>>
File: 1647292687828s.jpg (2 KB, 125x93)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>598988008
>1 level short of bloods
>>
MINMAXING FAGGOTS
>>
File: guesswhereiam.png (10 KB, 203x273)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>598988363
That's what I'm working on right but, but i'm sick of GOTR.
>>
>>598988290
untrimmed str cape is more embarassing imo. Plus cooking becomes a viable money maker with 100% cook chance.

Go nuts with anglers and manta rays.
>>
>>598988354
true, i have no idea what the meta is for F2P money making. i would just do brophyta.
>>
File: hernandpottab.png (160 KB, 487x797)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
r8
>>
>>598988509
making daeyalt untradeable is pretty cool

players were complaining about not getting to mine essence, glad jaggy listens.
>>
>>598988946
>0 shards
boy you better get on that rooftop.
>>
File: junk tab.png (80 KB, 486x367)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>598989037
Those are in my unorganized money and junk tab
>>
File: 1231467080234.jpg (6 KB, 300x168)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>598989248
>9 frog tokens
>420 warrior bucks
>>
Whats the funnest skill to level
>>
>>598988229
what do you like to slay?
>>
>>598989793
Nechryaels, dust devils and kurasks are my favourite. Metal dragons and wyrms are my least favourite unbanned tasks.
>>
>>598990012
what do i do for spritual creatures? Block?
>>
>>598990170
They're not too painful IIRC. I'm a Konarfag and she doesn't assign them, so I don't remember how easy they are to deal with.
>>
>>598972192
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlY6cpSoEqM
>>
>>598937410
What's that red sword one?
>>
File: David the Wise.png (266 KB, 820x675)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>OSRS
>Updates only happen with 75% or more approval from actively polled accounts
>Surprise surprise, nobody wants shit to change at all, so entire projects like Warding get flushed down the toilet and no meaningful updates ever happen

>RS3
>Half of the main team is earmarked to work on secret Jagex projects which they will never inform the community about
>The other half of the team is stretched so thin that updates trickle out maybe once a month at most, most weeks are just patch notes less than five lines long
>Economy is fucked, the Elder God Wars and it's consequences have been a disaster for Gielinor, and Jagex refuses to implement a higher tier currency claiming it would be too hard to implement (Even though Old-School somehow successfully did their own platinum coins, 1:1000 value with the standard gold, and it works with the GE too)
>By the way you should buy treasure hunter keys and bonds, please. :)
>>
>>598991206
>Construction overhaul
>SOTE, DSII, Sins of the father
>Zeah and fossil island
>Raids and all kinds of new BIS drops

>Nothing ever changes
Tons of shit has changed, it's just the community autistically hates new skills.
>>
>>598991206
oh man if only Jagex could add shit to the game freely, there's NO WAY they would ever ruin the game. Jagex has no history of fucking up their game with stupid ass updates. OSRS wasn't created because of them ruining the main game, no sir. Please Jagex add whatever you want!
>>
File: Seren_(with_Eluned).png (222 KB, 318x964)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
>>598991206
>the Elder God Wars and it's consequences have been a disaster for Gielinor
Made me kek, fuck Seren, fuck Jagex and fuck that big black booty bitch Saradomin impregnated
>>
>>598991554
>it's just the community autistically hates new skills.
Which is extremely based.
>>
>>598991628
Are you one of those baby-brained retards that thought the Wilderness suddenly disappeared from the game map just because PVP was disabled for all of maybe a month while Jagex thought about how they were going to fight back against the rampant credit card fraud that they were dealing with? I don't respect the opinions of people with zero object permanence.
>>
>Old runescape added at least 1 new skill a year
>Old school runescape has added 0 skills in 9 years because they aren't in line with the old school philosophy

Really makes you think
>>
>>598993119
Warding was bad and I'm glad it failed
>>
>>598937410
Fuck I wiiiiiiiiiish OSRS had summoning and dungeoneering
At least summoning. It had so much SOUL. Surely they could find a way to balance it. Not like it's any balanced nowadays anyways.
>>
>>598993119
DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING
DON'T ADD ANYTHING
The game is perfect as is
VOTE NO ON EVERY POLL
>>
>>598993415
Dungeoneering is in, in a form, through the gauntlet
But I agree that I'd like to see it in properly
I don't feel as strongly about summoning though, I never did much with it
>>
>>598993415
summoning bad but altscape good
>>
>>598939790
>the world is awesome to explore with how many little nooks you can find with actually valuable loot
What? You can't find "valuable loot" in the world, it's all locked behind killing enemies

>I can't deal with how goddamn slow player movement and navigation is
You can teleport anywhere and chug stamina potions for anything else

>Agility is by far one of the most boring skills to level up
You can level up agility from peripheral vision alone. I could spend several hours doing it while watching something on the side. Can't say the same about most other skills.
>>
>>598993415
summoning was aids.

>bigger money sink than construction
>absolutely game changing meta
>all skills now exist for summoning
>leveling it was extremely tedious and boring

Artisan was the right answer.
>>
>>598994010
That is also a description of modern construction.
>>
>>598994010
>bigger money sink than construction
Exactly what the game needs right now?
>absolutely game changing meta
Good
>all skills now exist for summoning
So skills will get a reason to exist, because right now 90% of them are useless
>leveling it was extremely tedious and boring
They can change that and add a minigame for it or something
>>
>>598994147
The only useless skills are smithing and mining and summoning wont really fix that. Its good it wasnt included since you clearly dont play the game if you think most of the skills are useless.
>>
>>598992609
what a weird ass projection. nothing in my post suggested any of that
>>
>>598977779
I never had a problem playing alone
>>
File: 1623224908720.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>598994294
Anon please. You know that you can get more skilling supplies through PvE than through actual skilling. Woodcutting, fishing, herblore, all that is meaningless when PvE has far bigger supplies of logs, fish and herbs than actual skills.
>>
>>598993459
This but unironically. Nearly 100% of the things being polled are things the game doesn't need.
>>
>>598949489
Someone gets it. Makes me think you're one of the only other people who actually played in 2007. If you think bonds are ok in any way shape and form you are a newfag and don't realize it ruined the game
>>
File: download (12).jpg (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>598994382
>just kill vorkath for grapes so you can level your cooking
>just kill zulrah to level your herblore
uh i guess you could but its faster to use other methods.
>>
>>598937410
>Name a better MMORPG than OSRS.
Runescape pre GE. OSRS is Reddit garbage.
>>
File: 1628486708427.png (613 KB, 1400x737)
613 KB
613 KB PNG
>>598994701
If you need to level your cooking/herblore you're going to buy the supplies from GE
If you want money you'll do PvE
I miss woodcutting, it was so fun and relaxing. But there is no way to WC magic logs when PvE is dozens of times more rewarding (while rewarding MORE LOGS in the process)
Skilling only serves as an obstacle to access more content (through quests usually)
>>
>>598994742
You're reddit garbage anon.
I'm gonna makes this board OSRS central, even if it kills me.
>>
File: IMP!.png (4 KB, 127x158)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>598993459
I would be fine with drastic changes to OSRS if they would just put in "museum" style worlds that act as time capsules for the game as it was at a certain time. I was overjoyed when they finally opened up RSC to members again like 5 years ago and I liked the Rune1 private server when it was a thing (it was an early build of old RS2 with old barb village, old Varrock, etc.) All they would need to do is throw up a disclaimer saying "hey this is the old version of the game that won't be updated, including for security" and then put issues like the crystal chest issue in RSC on the back back burner. They've already proven that they can store separate player profiles for different world types like Deadman, so it's not even a technical challenge. I just want my autistic nostalgia.
>inb4 no backup
I call horseshit. Rune1 proved that the assets for older versions are floating out there somewhere.
>>
>>598994995
Why not just play RS3 in that case?
OSRS is the museum, despite the autistic seething due to some small changes.
>>
>>598994837
if i need AFK money ill cut Maghognies and turn them into planks or fish zulrah scales.

If im playing ill just farm vorkath or barrows. i dont think ive ever farmed a boss for supplies but im not an iron man.
>>
>>598995126
I am not saying you would do these skills for supplies because the RNG would not allow that.
I am saying that PvE brings more skilling supplies to the economy than actual skilling.
And that skilling must serve a purpose. You skill either because you are trying to make money, or because you are trying to reach a milestone to unlock more content. But in modern OSRS money is not an option anymore because PVE CRASHED SKILLING PROFIT
>if i need AFK money ill cut Maghognies
Anon that's 150k/hr lmao. I hope you're doing this in alts or something. But altscape is cancerous so there's that
>>
>>598937410
Post-CU but Pre-NGE Star Wars Galaxies.
>>
>>598995474
Shut the fuck up nerd.
>>
File: 1387342116564.png (3 KB, 200x240)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>598995118
>want classic RS2? just play the game that's even further from old RS2!
>>
>>598995630
Ah, my reading comprehension is subpar.
My apologies anon.
>>
>>598939981
Shit like this is what made it redditscape. That along with all the crappy pop culture references
>>
File: I HATE SMITHING.jpg (43 KB, 404x316)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
I HATE SMITHING!
I HATE SMITHING!
I HATE SMITHING!
I HATE SMITHING!
>>
>>598945245
What was the problem with the summoning? I really enjoyed that skill. The concept of having some familiar help you with various tasks
>>
>>598996153
Works on my machine.
>>
File: prunejuice.jpg (172 KB, 768x1024)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>598939982
>UO.
Good game but you're old af lmao. Drink your prune juice grandpa
>>
>>598987972
Based stats. Go caveman go
>>
Here's my big OSRS idea.
You guys ready?
Increased inventory space
>>
>>598996172
Not him, but there were many things wrong with it, some fixable, some not.
>forced cost of shards
>untradeable charms for no reason except to artificially make it slow to train
>skill was trained solely by pouchcrafting rather than actually summoning anything
>most combat familiars sucked, and you couldn't use them outside multi-combat areas
>beasts of burden dictated combat balance from then onwards because they could more than double your inventory capacity
>awkward combat level calculation which necessitated 126+12 fuckery in the wilderness because summoning-based combat levels were empty if you didn't actually have a familiar with you
>summoning points and everything about them
>>
File: Pack_yak.png (518 KB, 1279x833)
518 KB
518 KB PNG
>>598996887
What if you could have a follower of some kind that acted as extended inventory space? Like some kind of Beast of Burden, perhaps.
>>
>>598997278
what if we could have abilities in combat, maybe to switch things up
>>
>>598997241
I guess I'm the only one who liked it then. The concept of having a familiar help me with combat. Necromancy doesn't do it. I don't even see the point in it
>>
File: 1550783458747.jpg (13 KB, 199x253)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>598997278
No, because there's people that want to see summoning come back.
But I'm pretty sure 90% of players don't want to see increased inventory space, and I like seeing people mald.
>>
>>598937410
Ultima online
>>
I don't want summoning back
Just give me a big dog friend I can bring with me everywhere
>>
>>598998051
open up those master caskets
>>
>>598939790
>If there was an infinite sprint I probably would play that shit to this day. Just have it turn off if you get into combat or enter areas where sprint would help you avoid shit.
/v/scape nigga
>>
>>598950886
that's why bossing exists
>>
Reminder that leveling / grinding is fake progression. The game never actually changes and your character never actually evolves. You're a nigger picking and moving cotton across markets and beating lifeless mobs to death on repeat no matter what the numbers are.
>>
File: 1619032155720.gif (3.96 MB, 337x263)
3.96 MB
3.96 MB GIF
>>599000920
>You're a nigger picking and moving cotton across markets and beating lifeless mobs to death on repeat no matter what the numbers are
>>
>>598975441
slayer's useless past 83
>>
>>598968294
it's literally a glorified chat room to talk with 50 year old boomers about US politics
>>
>>599003669
Isn't that every themepark mmo? Although most are probably for talking to 40 year old millennials about US politics instead of boomers
>>
>>598949797
But it's easier to level agility in OSRS than it is in RS3. Same with a few other skills.
>>
File: 20220214_170550.jpg (14 KB, 230x312)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>598937410
Runescape classic
>>
>>598992324
They really fucked up with all this god shit, they should've never brought them into the game and kept them a mystery.
>>
>>598950998
f2p literally has some of the best writing, it's worth it for those goblins alone
>>
Am I the only one who sees it simply as a point and click adventure game
I spent about a month without walkthroughs figuring out the free quests and had a good time
I can't think of any other MMOs with similar quests, systems are usually too streamlined to make interesting quests.
Are member quests worth it / as fun to do?
>>
>>599008195
There's obviously hit or miss quests around, but they're all the same sort of thing
The elf questline is really good
>>
>>599006995
Saradomin = good guy
Zamorak = bad guy
Guthix = neutral guy
desert gods = mysterious and long forgotten
gods of other races = little is known

Perfection.
>>
>>599005361
What in OSRS is faster than wildy course with skull?
>>
>>598971743
>runelite is a cheat client with better craphics, QOL etc
>>
>>598971743
people who use OSRSHD should stop playing
>>
>>598937410
Biosfear

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.