[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1640799252154.jpg (1.19 MB, 1920x1080)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
You did pick it up now that it's on PC, right?
>>
>>598927236
shill me this game
>>
File: 1645532445627.jpg (341 KB, 1280x720)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>>598927624
Hex grid style tactical RPG. You essentially have hero units of various classes that have teams of monster units. Has all your standard stuff like terrain advantage, elemental affinities, buffing/debuffing, spell/attack types, upgrade trees, equipment and weapons, recruitable/capturable heroes, etc . There's an overworld full of territories owned by multiple factions/nations that depending on how you approach them can alter your position in battle. The stories are fairly decent and the art is to my taste. There are also harder difficulty modes and some unlockables. All in all, a nice SRPG for $30.
>>
>>598927236
>pc
No thank you. I will pick it up on PS4 in the future though
>>
How is the PC port/m+kb controls?
>>
>>598929204
Feels like the grand strategy games Koei makes (Romance of the Three Kingdoms/Nobunaga's Ambition). It's very consolified and it's clear that it was meant for using a controller rather than keyboard and mouse. It's okay for what it is, just a bit annoying.
>>
>>598927236
How does it compare to Grand Edition on PSX?
>>
>>598927624
Shallow as hell "strategy" franchise from PS1.

You pick a hero, slap some troops on him, then send him down a handful of predetermined paths on a ridiculously small map, to another castle and then fight.
Brigandine is pretty much a Koei strategy game, but dumbed down to a laughable degree. Nobody has fun with these games, because they're 20 years behind. Not even in a nostalgic kind of way
>>
>>598927236
Why the level 20 monster doesn't look as menacing as the PS1 game. This game is soulless as fuck.
>>
>>598931284
probably has something to do with everything being high saturation and bright in this game. in the ps1 game the colors weren't as bright and basic units had a very drab color palette. both the dragons and lizardmen were nearly the same puke green and the dragon blended in with the grass so when you upgraded it to fire dragon or holy dragon it would contrast greatly against the background as well as other tier 1 dragons. the choice of color palette isn't as consolidated so big bad rudo doesn't stick out like Cador did despite being a more fearsome presence as a unit.
>>
>>598931284
Yeah
>>
>>598927236
Is this a remake of the PS1 game, a sequel, or an unrelated game in the series?
>>
>>598934132
think of it like ff. ff1 and 2 are unrelated in terms of story and stuff but it's still a sequel. this isn't too far off.
>>
Glad i pirated this game because the gameplay is ridiculously shallow. I was expecting being able to build stuff or have diplomacy at least and not AFK most of my units on quests to level them up while my A-team destroys a base every turn.
>>
File: 124531623.jpg (11 KB, 256x256)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>598934723
>A most of my units on quests to level them up while my A-team destroys a base every turn.
Just like the first game
>>
Yep. It plays well.
>>
>>598934723
>not making 5 teams to take 5 bases every turn
ngmi
the first game had preset diplomacy for some factions like new almekia
>>
File: ezgif-5-b10ce80ce9.jpg (547 KB, 2500x2402)
547 KB
547 KB JPG
>nation of lesbians
>leader asks her subject to stop being gay
Based
>>
>>598927236
Oh shit, thanks for letting me know. I just accepted that I'd have to emulate it forever.
>>
>>598927236
I pirated it, its okay.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.