[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This game could use a 'Royal' version just to fix the issues with the story and characters. It doesn't have to change that much, just give us more screentime and character development with the main cast. What would you like to see in an upgraded version of SMT V?
>>
I disagree with you.
>>
>>579340512
ok, can you explain?
>>
It needs a version where it doesnt look like an ugly blurry mess
>>
>>579340348
>Better “”open”” world
>Better dungeons
>climbing
>The ability to save anywhere
>New demons
>Merciless difficulty
>>
>>579340348
Secondary pleb.
>>
>>579340653
a better running version would be good too desu.
>>
>>579340559
Yes.
>>
Nothing happens in this gay game. It'd be really hard to fix having an entire chapter about school bullying.
>>
>>579340348
I feel like there needed to be a world in between the 2nd and 3rd to flesh out the humans a bit more and smooth out the level curve (last act is silly) but I don’t think that’s something a Royal could fix and the game is good enough as is.
>>
>>579340804
they could make us care about tao more
>>
>>579340913
>game is good enough as is
only thing that was unsatisfying in the game was the story in earlier chapters and the character development, everything else was great
>>
>>579340348
It doesn't need anything. Maybe a bonus dungeon ala Amala/Womb of Grief, hopefully with minimal story additions
>>
>>579341450
bonus dungeon would be awesome
>>
>>579341450
Featuring Dante from the Devil May cry series
>>
>>579341650
It's a Nintendo game so Bayonetta from the Bayonetta series
>>
>>579340348
Good news, it's just unreal engine and once PC port releases in february it'll be even easier to mod, so you can just add whatever you want
>>
>>579341731
based
>>
One of the worst smts and I'm tired of pretending its not.
>>
>>579341839
SMT was never good. Random encounters with JRPG menu spam are fucking awful, this game actually manages to make JRPG combat fun somehow so it's automatically the best one.
>>
Honestly, SMT V Maniax would be pretty ideal. Some more endings, a chain of boss fights like how Demi-fiend fought the Fiends and a new dungeon or three wouldn't go amiss.
>>
>>579341839
>I'm tired of pretending
You've been pretending this whole time. Grow out of your Joker phase already.
>>
>>579341839
It's better than nocturne, IV and IVA
>>
Fix the issues with the story, add one or two more superbosses, and a bonus dungeon that leads to a new ending like Nocturne
Or fuck it, make a direct sequel like Apocalypse
This game is so close to perfect for me, it just needed more
>>
>>579341935
SMT has always been good, but SMT V is among the best if not the best
>>
>>579340348
>What would you like to see in an upgraded version of SMT V?
Extended Amanozako full body job scene
>>
File: 1637544172273.gif (1.45 MB, 496x520)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB GIF
>>579340348
Honestly no, you can't fix this story unless its completely uprooted. It uses the same three alignments again without any iteration to it. The characters are forgettable and one one of them just disappears for no good reason. Chaos is probably the stupidest one in this game, because what's the point to it? Walter and Jimenez had their beliefs developed naturally and you can see where they were coming from, but that glasses guy and the prime minister had no good reason aside from God bad. Also the secret ending was meh(but to be fair i don't think anything will ever top the White ending).
>>
>>579341839
This. It is not nearly as depressive and dark as most SMT games are. And I dont like the look of the peotag at all. Too flashy, too bright.
>>
>>579342486
>The characters are forgettable and one one of them just disappears for no good reason
the upside to the game having too little character development is that you can add more
>>
>>579342486
The Chaos end in this game doesn't even really feel like Chaos. The only thing that makes it Chaos is that it allows for all the Gods to exist but even then the ending confirms that everything goes to shit anyway.
With Tsukuyomi's pro-Japanese rhetoric, I actually expected him to be a variation on Law where only the Amatsukami would be in charge.
>>
>>579340348
I'd like it to be upgraded to not being on the fucking Switch lol.

I've basically stopped playing at Chiyoda not because the battles are too tough but because the area is already confusing to navigate by its nature (which I can deal with in any other circumstance) but the Switch's horrid resolution and frame rate make it physically taxing on my eyes. I hate SMTV and it's entirely the Switch's fault and not SMTV's
>>
>>579340348
>What would you like to see in an upgraded version of SMT V?
make Gospels a CHANCE drop from Kushi Mitama
>>
File: 820.png (458 KB, 859x646)
458 KB
458 KB PNG
>>579340762
>>
>>579343051
They already are. You can get either Grimoires or Gospels from Kushi Mitama.
>>
>>579340348
>This game could use a 'Royal' version
uhhh I think you mean "Maniax" version
please understand that mainline smt isn't persona, and cast/story/character development isn't supposed to be a focus
>>
>>579343051
Stop having them drop from Kushi Mitamas, Give them a chance to drop Balms instead.
Make Gospels guaranteed drops from Overworld bosses
>>
>>579343279
must be a really high chance then
I had fought like 9 in a row and all 9 dropped a Gospel
>>
>>579343315
>cast/story/character development isn't supposed to be a focus
yeah it isnt in this game, and the story and characters are lame. so consider reconsidering
>>
>>579343315
>please understand that mainline smt isn't persona, and cast/story/character development isn't supposed to be a focus
Do you know how I can tell you haven't played Nocturne but like pretending you have
>>
>>579340348
The human characters are irrelevant in SMT.
>>
File: smtrannies btfo.png (22 KB, 535x381)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>Actual fans are starting to shit on the shitty story, characters, lack of philosophical themes, and flagrantly false mythological facts.
OH NO NO NO NO NO....
https://eirikrjs.tumblr.com/
>>
>>579342940
Honestly I expected this game to function like Nocturne's reasons where you side with the character (reason) you like and create the world based off of its idea. But instead we get the same shit over and over again. This was such a wasted opportunity to atleast experiment a little.
>>
i hope they give him a spindash
>>
>>579341839
It's actually baffling how true this is. The story is poorly told, the characters are even shittier than 4's, the fucking TERRIBLE Doi designs are still in, with new additions that are equally shitty (Artemis), there is absolutely zero philosophical themes, and the dialogue is chock full of unfunny memes.

Fucks sake, it's sad that they somehow made a game worse than 4.
>>
>>579343651
Hah yeah I think I only ever got one decent skill out of skill mutation the entire game I want my glory back
>>
>>579342843
what does that even mean lmao
>>
>>579343761
a homing attack would be cool too
>>
>Issue
This isn't Persona, and they barely know each other. The people you meet aren't your friends, they're classmates you've barely talked to.
>>
File: 1607598315394.jpg (27 KB, 629x629)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>Ignores affinity resistances and pierces through
This also means that the skill won't do extra damage or give me a press turn if I hit a weak enemy right? How do I balance between pierce and severe? Make demons with both spells?
>>
>>579343856
add more character development in an upgraded version. its not unheard of
>>
Make more Aogami skills that cover more elements, There's no good reason to ever level Anything but Physical for the early game and Almighty for the mid-late game.
Give me an incentive reason to use Force or Fire.
>>
>>579340348
A version where it's actually a good game like Persona instead.
>>
>>579340348
Don't care about the story just give me some more demons and cool dungeons
>>
Any sort of Royal or Maniax is fine , improvements and expansion are good, but let's be sure they're DLC upgrade or something atop a patch not a whole stand alone full price game. Fuck that noise we don't need any more incompatible late arriving "now you need to buy the good version" bullshit. Both SMTV and Persona 5 Royal need to come to PC via Steam though regardless
>>
File: 121.png (96 KB, 538x862)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>579343651
I checked this faggot's tumblr and he's whinging that V is influenced by Trump lol.
>>
File: pullthetrigger.png (460 KB, 960x575)
460 KB
460 KB PNG
>>579340348
id like them to fix the fucking framerates and perform a ritual disembowelment of whatever nigger greenlighted this game with its stuttering ui
>>
>>579343713
That's what I was thinking. With how much it took from Nocturne, I was hoping that we'd actually be getting reasons and for two of the three choices, they could actually be pretty solid reasons.
Tsukuyomi's world run by the Amatsukami, making sure to protect Japan from all external threats. That sounds like a pretty solid idea.
Yakumo's world where humanity goes on a crusade against the demons and angels to create a world where humans finally grow to love humanity again would have also been cool.
It's Abdiel and Dazai who are the weak link here.
>>
>>579343910
From what I remember in IV:A pierce skills still hit weaknesses, they’re purely a fuck you to making demons that null everything. If you cover a weakness and get hit with a pierce skill it counts as neutral damage. It could be different for V.
>>
>>579344026
Haha yeah brother fuck the story who needs interesting themes and an examination of global religious figures? One more god rejected! :)
>>
>>579343906
>The people you meet aren't your friends, they're classmates you've barely talked to.
no, the game tells you that you're friends with ichiro via NPC. you just don't get to experience them being friends for yourself
>>
>>579340348
maybe it will when it comes to PC, they'll fine tun the game and give it the bells and whistles like 4k resolution and uncapped FPS :^]
>>
>>579344183
I literally don't care, that's never been the appeal of mainline SMT.
>>
File: 1634914018079.jpg (76 KB, 1080x1080)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>a million plot points introduced
>none of them conclude or matter
Also I'm tired of people pretending the world design is good. Only World 2 made some good use of the vertical landscapes and had Fairy Forest. Unironically World 3 and Demon Castle are fucking shit tier.
>>
File: vjxknxy63m361.jpg (123 KB, 750x669)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>Dude TOKUSATSU lmao!
>Dude, what if...this character had an anime shonen power-up where they scream a lot?
I wish I knew where Doi lived so I could bash his retard brains in and stop him from polluting SMT with this shit.
>>
>>579344069
i'd be fine with 'buy the game again' situation if they fixed the story and characters
>>
>>579343614
Original pre Persona 3: Nocturne had human party members with important stroy developments.
>>
>>579343651
He talked about how Doi's Odin was shit back in 4:A, crazy how right he was. https://eirikrjs.blogspot.com/2018/07/odin-demon-wisdom.html
>>
I knew the writing will be utter shit when MC placed 2 fingers to his head while a disembodied started speaking exposition at me.
>>
>>579344394
>SMT Fans: the story is so much better than persona
>SMT Fans: the characters are so much better than persona
>SMT Fans: well of course nothing happens in the story and the characters are underdeveloped. thats not the appeal!
>>
fix the terrible pop in and put it on a platform that can actually handle it
my switch gets hot as hell, and when the fan kicks in it vibrates to the point my hands get numb
>>
>>579344394
>I literally don't care, that's never been the appeal of mainline SMT
You are a midwit if you don't think mainline itself hasn't made memorable characters or scenes. Law Hero and Chaos Hero are still talked about today, the heroine death in SMT2 is a major stand out, Nocturne and 4/A have characters who's names I can even bother remembering.
Compare your Reason classmates in Nocturne to glasses girl in 5. There's nothing there. The games have been story light but at least there's always been some form of take away or meat to chew on. This unironically has about much story as Zelda 1.
>>
The story seems to glued together from bunch of scrapped versions of the script. But at least it manages to be bad in an inoffensive way. The story never actively bothered me like the exposition weeks in P5 or virtually all companion character interaction in 4A.
What I'd like is some attrition aspect to overworld like enemies being somewhat difficult to avoid like in IV. And actual dungeons with puzzles, I didn't mind that in the DK castle. Temple of Eternity was a goddamn shitshow, just empty corridors that didn't serve any purpose.
>>
I'm 12 hours in on hard mode. Really lame to just die in one hit to a crit Graham slice without being offered any anti physical essences yet, but it's whatever. My main gripe so far, is the really bad/nonexistent story and characters.

Who am I? Who are my friends? What exactly is my motivation? SMT4 was far from excellent characters but I at least knew them, grew with them, and made decisions with them. Here I feel like some kid who just got a super hero cape, put it on, and went on a crazy adventure with demons in this apparently never ending fucking desert.

WHAT ARE MY MOTIVATIONS? Why do I even care about my friends? I'm really struggling to care. I'd rather there be no friends than these shitty non-characters.
>>
>>579344523
Same. It's actually maddening how many brainlets are touting Odin and Zeus's designs as good.
>>
>>579344924
I agree and i think smt iv did it far better. really hoping they take the opportunity to give the game an upgraded version with better writing/characters/story
>>
>>579344902
>Temple of Eternity was a goddamn shitshow, just empty corridors that didn't serve any purpose.
That's because the Temple of Eternity is there for you to level grind on if you are planning to fight Shiva. It's why there's always chains of Mada all in a row that take forever to attack you so that you can just chain battle after battle.
>>
>>579340348
They better release their “Royal” as a dlc and not separate game, absolute ass headed decision to have Persona 5 Royal be it’s own game
>>
>>579344802
>Law Hero and Chaos Hero are still talked about today
No they aren't. I played I and II, the side characters have the same issue as noctune and V, they never fucking show up aside from the intro and the ending and they only exist to represent the two opposing ideologies.
>Nocturne and 4/A have characters who's names I can even bother remembering
If that's supposed to be evidence for the story mattering then it sure doesn't seem like it.
When discussing mainline SMT before V's release, absolutely no one gave a shit about the story, everyone only talked about the gameplay. But suddenly V's being bad is now some catastrophic flaw. Sounds like a bunch of secondary shitposting.
>>
>>579345226
>No they aren't
Oh, I'm talking to a larger. You're a lost cause.
>>
>>579345226
I think his point about Chaos/Law hero is they established the Archetype and most SMT characters can fall into those molds to be described as "Oh hey this character is the Law Hero standin" or whatever.

I don't think anyone is legitimately saying that, outside of maybe a nice quote when they die, that Law/Chaos hero are actually well made intricate deep characters. They're about as basic as you can get. But they set the precedent, so they get special treatment.
>>
>>579344924
They're not even your friends. Just people you decidedto tag along with 5 minutes after the game starts.
ADHD fags always whine how Personas have a slow 1 hour cutscene start, but I'd take that over what we got any day. This game could have used some time to establishing things for you to care about.
>>
>>579345226
>But suddenly V's being bad is now some catastrophic flaw
the amount of hype behind V and experiencing the story for the first time was jarring. it makes you realize a lot of unfortunate things about the franchise's stories, things that could be glossed over when the franchise was smaller
>>
>>579345174

It's awful for even that since there are no mitamas in the area. In my experience normal fights aren't worth doing unless you are so behind in levels that it takes like 5 fights at max to level up. Otherwise you are better off looking for treasure spots and hoping you get a mitama that drops gospels.
>>
File: 1335216901184.png (1.2 MB, 1280x1071)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>smt fans
Man I can't wait to catch all these monsters, murder my friends, and maybe kill god too
>persona fans
Where is the story? Why don't my friends get more screentime? What's a reason? Why can't I date anyone?

bring back random battles holy shit
>>
>>579344924
>can't play a videogame because the gameplay is fun without a headcanon self insert reason about the power of friendship
What is this zoomie mental illness, the plot is there, lucifer and god, you have to figure out what the hell happened
If you are seeking personality on characters its on the demon themselves, this is akin to people saying Monhun has shitty characters without realizing the monsters themselves have the entire character of the series, it comes across as an extremely low IQ complain to me
>>
File: asf1123.png (317 KB, 414x540)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
The more you know about mythology, the more you hate SMT's demon personalities and stories. The more you know about art design, the more you hate everything Doi draws. The more you know about good RPG gameplay design, the more you hate SMT's core gameplay.
>>
>>579345696
coming from smt iv's story and characters V was a downgrade.
>>
>>579345226
The difference is, SMT4's story was not good. It was average. Seemingly an afterthought. The characters were whatever, but the world was well thought, consistent, and at some times even beautiful.

Now both the world AND story feel like it's a conveyerbelt for content. The "friends" are empty caricatures I literally forgot the name of the instant they left the screen.

Walter, Jonathan, and Third Wheel were all very 4/10 characters, and the fact that by comparison this game makes them seem good is VERY telling. When people say "We don't care about story" that means they are looking for a 5/10. Not a fucking 1/10, Jesus Christ.
>>
File: 22523453456.jpg (52 KB, 500x492)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>
>>579345779
You didn't know who Doi was a week ago zoomie, stop shitposting
>>
>>579345772
I don't even necessarily care about the friends, I care about my main character. What are HIS motivations, by extension mine? I just go into a tunnel, wake up in super hell, get promoted to super hero and go on an extremely linear adventure for...

Reasons? All the stuff about God and Lucifer is brought up later, my character decided to keep moving even before then. Who actually am I? Where are the decisions? Where's the alignment decisions? Where is LITERALLY anything?
>>
>>579343315
Found the guy who never played SMT, SMT II, SMT III, SMT IV/A, DeSu, SH, RKvsSA, RKvsKA or literally any other SMT series game.

"SMT has no characters" is a meme from Persona fans who never played anything before 4 and watched a youtube video of Nocturne.

SMT V has a bad story and weak characters. Get over it.
>>
>level up twice
>boss now does half the damage as before
>>
>>579345696
>Man I can't wait to catch all these monsters, murder my friends, and maybe kill god too
DUDE NOCTURNE AND STRANGE JOURNEY ARE LIKE SO DEEP MAN DEMIFIEND CAN LITERALLY KILL GOD MAN HES SO FUCKING COOL MAN I LOVE THOSE DANTE CUTSCENES DDS HAS LIKE THE BEST STORY PERSONA 2 IS THE ONLY HONORARY SMT GAME BECAUSE THE STORY SMT 2 IS THE BEST BECAUSE THE STORY
>>
>>579345696
SMT4 and Strange Journey had very passable characters and stories.

Also nobody is bringing up dating or romance aspects. You're deflecting the legitimate argument of "What is my motivation" in a game about a super apocalypse and resorting to non arguments.
>>
>>579346048
As opposed to the motivations of demifiend who literally gets a bug on his belly and somehow keeps going on for no reason whatsoever only to find Dante later on as some kind of epic crossover?

The only game with actual characters is DeSu but even there the clock until dying mechanism is entirely a stripped in feature that doesn't make sense lore wise
>>
>>579346065
Yeah damage calculations be more influenced by level than stats sorta makes builds feel useless.
>>
File: pwth.png (17 KB, 591x184)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
Prove him wrong.
>>
>>579346313
>Also nobody is bringing up dating or romance aspects. You're deflecting the legitimate argument of "What is my motivation"
right? the same people who want persona comparisons to stop are the ones who say "oh you want a story? you must be a persona fan"
>>
>>579340348
the switch is such garbage. there are soo many slow downs and fps drops in this game is fucking stupid.
>>
>>579346587
>nonsensical Nahobino lore
No-one needs to prove him wrong, he already outed himself as retarded.
>>
I rolled with Chaos simply on the basis that you interacted primarily with that faction in the overworld, They've got their own wants and needs and ask for mundane shit and it just makes their faction seem all the more interesting than both Law or Neutral.

Neutral had some interesting faction parts like Khonsu and Shiva, But Yakumo and Nuwa are too bleak as characters for me to enjoy.
"Bwuah Bwuah humanity strong should work for itself but only the strong humans dont want weaklings in humanitys world they deserve death" so which fucking is it.
And Nuwa is just a non-character, She simps for Yakumo and that's her entire purpose
>>
>>579346048
>Who actually am I? Where are the decisions? Where's the alignment decisions? Where is LITERALLY anything?
Name 10 games that give a good answer to those without being some crap that sounds written by some 2deep4u cringelord
>>
>>579340804
It wasn't about the bullying. It was about any and all deals with demons being a fucking bad idea.
>>
>>579346393
Difference is demon using, even in SMT5, is a varying source. The Demon Summoning program is apparently already in this universe. In Nocturne you need to accept the terms of this bullshit because the world has ended and it's either this or fucking die.

In SMT4 you had choices as a character in the world. You could use the Demon Summoning Program, a Gauntlet, a Phone, or a fucking high caliber artillery.

In SMT5 we don't NEED to be this crazy blue haired twink, we can just use the Demon Summoning program, but the character never brings that up. He just follows Angel Robot dude's suggestions 100% of the time and goes along the linear corridors until NEXT CONTENT. While allegedly caring about his "Friends" who we met for all of 5 god damned minutes.

Can you just admit that this story is bad even by lackluster smt standards, give us this argument, and kindly fuck off instead of shitposting with objectively terrible takes and opinions?
>>
>>579346085
>all that bullshit
Yes.
>>
>>579340348
Fuck off and die, jack off to your persona waifus in /vg/.
>>
File: 141.png (17 KB, 612x145)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>579346587
He's a retarded Kanekofag.
>>
>>579346824
Uh. SMT1/2/3/4/4A, SJ, DESU, DESU2.

Disregard the tongue in cheek answer, I'm being completely serious, and it also works. SMT5's story and characters are legitimately worse than the carbon cutout Law/Chaos Hero from SMT1.
>>
>>579346830
You could convey that idea without the gay-ass psuedo-persona school bullying backdrop. The game never should have let you go back to a normal Tokyo.
>>
>>579340348
Idun is a more fun character in this game than the actual "main" cast.
>>
is it viable to just level my MC with focusing on STR and make him an all-out attacker? or should I be diversifying?
>>
>>579340348
The beginning of the game could be full toku with only small dungeons were you transform and fight demons (possibly spawned by a rival Nahobino, like a yandere female Arioch-Nahobino), building backstories for the human characters and rivalry with Arioch. Then shit hit the fan when you are transferred to the real Tokyo for the first time, and the game can mostly stay the same after that.
>>
>>579347154
Put all points into STR.
>>
>>579340348
More or less. I think if they worked a bit more on the Lahmu arc's pacing, on some of Dazai's pacing before the ending of the game, on introducing both Yuzurus before the ending, etc.. I'd like to see each ending, especially True Neutral, have either an epilogue or something accompanying a payoff / extended story segment.

Like you don't even have to with any social sim or Personalike elements. They can still be representatives of their ideologies. I would just like some more consistent buildup to their revelation, if only for the intellectual continuity rather than the character's plausibility. If everyone got the Nuwa/Shohei treatment and then some, the game would literally be hitting perfection.
Aside from that
>new demons or old ones from earlier megaten games
>more superbosses
>a new environment in a somewhat more bustling urban location, even if still apocalyptic
>more interesting magatsuhi skills that make me actually compete with automatically doubling my turns and giving me guaranteed crits
>a new large dedicated dungeon
>performance updates
>>
>>579347154
If you want to diversify, be sure to ignore the opposite spectrum. If you want strength, ignore int. But be sure to get at least a decent amount of agility or you'll start missing your ass off without max buffs. If you're playing on hard get some Vitality too.
>>
>>579346612
>oh you want a story? you must be a persona fan"
Smtfags started getting really fucking childish about persona ever since p4 and it's massive tonal departure from other smts. Then smt4 brought a bunch of underage tryhard teens into the fanbase larping as long time fans and now SMTfags are mainly kids who think grimdark automatically means mature and that persona is bad for not having more severe consequences. They probably don't understand a single theme of any smt game.
>>
>>579346964
You are an absolute disingenuous nigger, all the SMT games have super weak connected plot and lore and literally everything happens without explanation until you choose an ending, literally EVERYTHING in SMT games is a gameplay mechanic first with a strap in """"""lore""""" reason second over it, the COMP being used on most games is more of a gameplay gimmick than an actual plot feature, same with Mido and the cathedral of shadows (which I missed on SMTV but still is again a gameplay feature first and a lore reason second)
>>
'SMT doesnt need a good story'
'SMT is not about the story'
all hard copes
>>
>Mythology "experts"
Anything that makes 20-something twitter historians seethe is based in my book considering those types of cucks paid thousands just to bitch about how inaccurate a fake god is on twitter.
>>
File: 81fCE59k5uL._SL1500_.jpg (274 KB, 1500x1344)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
SMT peaked here.
SJtrannies need not apply.
>>
>>579346746
>completely misrepresenting Yakumo's points
Yakumo's entire point is that humanity CAN be strong but there are a lot of weak humans who fall to the seductions of Demons and Angels who have never benefited humanity and use us as tools in their neverending war.
If you took the time to actually pay attention you'd also know that his "kill weak humans" ideal isn't the physically weak, just anyone who would be a traitor to humanity by siding with the Angels and Demons.
There are plenty of "weak people" he helps out purely because they grieve for humanity's future. It's why he robbed Bethel's headquarters and starting handing out COMPs to the "strong".
You right about Nuwa though, she straight simpin.
>>
>>579344641
lmao this idiot isn't an artist, has no knowledge of art history, art criticism, design and has never worked in any creative capacity beyond crying.
>>
I get the story complaints but the story takes up such a small part of the game that I can't really find it to be an issue.
>>
>>579347531
It's all Persona secondaries, literally every single one. Even frauds who claim otherwise.
>>
File: 1425142887457.png (227 KB, 328x330)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>>579346313
>You're deflecting the legitimate argument of "What is my motivation"
Its a videogame. You play to clear the dungeon/area and get to the next zone.
going into a smt game for story and character development is completely the wrong idea, and basically the equivalent of that metroid dread review.
No one should be complaining about that this late in the series.
>>
File: 1615390616097.png (53 KB, 169x171)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>Beat Arioch, walk outside where Dazai and Abdiel are
>Abdiel basically says how you're an abomination and how she'll need to decide later whether to kill you
>"Aw man [PLAYER], isn't she so swell and great?"
>Go to summit
>Abdiel fucking turns on you, genuinely tries to kill you just to prove a point that the Condemnation is still a thing
>Lay her out, go back home
>"Hey [PLAYER], what do you think I should do? I bet Abdiel would know, think she's still there?"
>Literally go with law-fag to meet with Abdiel as he tries to cheer her up and encourages her to become a Nahobino, a direct threat to you
>Walk away casually with no further interaction

The story has been fine enough so far. SMT can do decent writing, but I never expect too much. But holy shit that was one of the stupidest moments I've seen in the entire game. I know we gotta set up a law Nahobino, but jesus fucking christ your character has zero agency in that moment. They're just totally cool with being called an abomination, their "friend" basically ignoring all the threats, and then just being chill with her trying to kill the player.

Stupidest fucking shit. Thankfully putting her to the floor was pretty hype.
>>
>>579346414
its ruining the game for me to the point that im seriously considering trying out tms#fe instead. a nothing story is fine but combined with teambuilding not really mattering outside of raw level makes it stop feeling like smt
>>
>>579346945
>It's a good design
>BUT it's only OK in comparison to (artist whose cock I want to suck)
I fucking hate these people.
>>
Fuck that give us more spin offs Soul Hackers 2 would be perfect
>>
>>579347236
>Like you don't even have to with any social sim or Personalike elements.
nobody except ign reviewers want that for this series. all they have to do is add a little more character development, bare minimum stuff here
>>
>>579347438
All the lore and plot in this game is carried by Yuzu itself being dumb as hell lmao
>>
>>579347659
Smt has been making retarded gameplay fuckups since 4.
Limited skill slots, looking for gimmicks that ruin the precarious balance of press turn like smirk, etc
>>
>>579347632
>You play to clear the dungeon/area and get to the next zone.
Shame about the zones and dungeons in this game are weak if not downright bad.
>>
>>579347154
Always get 1/3 agility to avoid whiffing out like a retard and not getting gangraped by enemies having the first turn.
>>
>>579340348
Anon, Atlus re-releases never change the base story much. It's always stuff that you can mostly ignore if you want to. The mandatory parts are just the bare minimum to let you know that the content is there.
>>
>>579340348
>saying Royal when you could use the term 'Maniax' instead
For fucks sake, Atlus gave Nocturne the Maniax edition which improved everything about the gameplay, story and fleshed bosses, and Atlus even talked about making a Maniax version of SMT IV but instead making a "new" game ala SMT IV FINAL/Apocalypse. Get the fuck out, Personatard.
>>
File: 1483662652005.png (107 KB, 1130x819)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>579340348
>playing SMT for the story/characters
do switchcels really?
>>
Strange Journey was the last good smt game.
>>
>>579347659
Team-building still matters, you can overcome the level gap with strategy and planning as long as you're within the expected level range they want you to be at
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>579347632
Except SMT invites these complaints by presenting grand ideas like reincarnation, gods from dozens of real-world mythologies interacting, and your personal morality. If Atlus doesn't want people bitching about the story, they'd make the entire game linear, remove all personality from the demons, and stop trying to pretend like they're actual mythological figures.
>>
>>579347797
>all they have to do is add a little more character development, bare minimum stuff here
THIS GUY WANTS BETTER CHARACTERS HE MUST BE A FUCKING PERSONAFAG. FUCK YOU PERSONAFAG
>>
>>579347887
>i dont want games i like to get better
weird take
>>
>>579341806
>february
That was a first of the month placeholder date, we'll probably have to wait at least 9 months from the switch release.
>>
>>579347887
The story and characters in 3 are unironically good, and the "SMT has no story!" is a meme perpetuated by newfags to the series, same as 'FEATURING DANTE FROM THE DMC SERIES" and "DUDE MATADOR LMAO!"
>>
>>579347632
>going into a smt game for story and character development is completely the wrong idea
should it be that way? SMT V's story was actually disappointing. Dreads was pleasantly surprising
>>
File: 1534402224244.jpg (27 KB, 500x375)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Pleromas stack in this game, right? Is it worth it to grab both Almighty Pleromas if I'm just gonna be spamming Murakumo? Or is there a better Strength skill to look into?
>>
If story is not important and it's all about thr gameplay than easily without a doubt Persona 5 is the best. Persona 2's auto battle system is complete fucking shit tier. It's so fucking brain dead and dull that only the most extreme midwits could probably stomach it. I'd rather sit through a hour long cutscene than do a dungeon of that complete fucking drog.
I mean, it's the gameplay that matters most right?
>>
>>579342245
It's not as good as 3 or 4, and since you're wrong about those two I'll assume you're wrong about it being better than Armageddon as well.
>>
>>579340348
Mainly I would just want the characters to have a little more personality. They don't even need to add a whole ton of cutscenes or anything. The game has good concepts that are generally executed well, but most of the time the characters feel like they're reading their own wiki bio. For example, Tao's reappearance as a goddess who has her previous memories, but not her original personality is a cool idea that would've hit pretty hard if she actually had a personality to begin with. I didn't even know her personality was supposed to be different until I read the lore page after she joined the party. There are good moments here and there like the conversation with Nuwa before going to fight Vasuki, some of Ichiro and Abdiel's interactions, and a lot of the demon characters (which makes the true neutral ending feel especially cruel). But most of the time the game just falls flat at utilizing its characters, even compared to previous mainline games that are accused of having bad characters. Zelenin, Jiminez, Walter and Jonathan have bucketloads more personality by comparison and do more to fuel the underlying ideologies they represent.
>>
File: vasuki.jpg (53 KB, 500x283)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>Shiva doesn't want to be anywhere near the Doi demons.
Lmao.
>>
>>579347531
That is the issue. A bit more story and character development would have been appreciated.
>>
IRL trannies are so salty about being called young man every 20 seconds that now they are trying to bomb the game in any way they can including calling "demon personalities" shit because they are not serious or dark (in a game where jack frost has this plush-happy design since SMT 1)

They are also salty that goddesses in the game are actually showcased as beautiful, young and perky instead of monstrosities like irl trannies

It's over for you trannies, SMT is a male-only game now
>>
>>579347880
>>579347884
Is Atlus retarded enough to release the “fixed” game as a separate game and not DLC?
>>
>>579347859
4a's smirk system was fun
way more fun than the bar filling up for guaranteed crits regardless of what you do during a fight

>>579347920
its a knife's edge of a sweetspot of not being stupid hard slog (too low level) or stupid easy blowout (too high level) and im pretty tired of trying to accommodate the game at this point since apparently just falls apart even more during the second half of the game anyway
>>
>>579348086
Murakumo is the strongest skill in the game. Just get both Pleroma, Critical Aura and Critical Zealot and you've basically won.
>>
>>579347887
Story is a recurring flaw with the SMT mainline series.
>>
File: 1230764686377.jpg (96 KB, 528x396)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>579347864
unironically thank persona
smt v feels like they combined both series but didn't fully please either side
>>
>>579348257
Actually, the only people who are vocally upset are people who know about mythological stories and have an understanding of good art design. V's story and characters butcher the mythology of several gods worse than even 4 and 4A, and Doi somehow managed to make even worse designs like idol Idun. Trannies love the game.
>>
>>579348086
>Pleromas stack in this game, right?
Yeah, pleromas stack.
>Is it worth it to grab both Almighty Pleromas
Yes. The damage increase is insane and murakumo is hands down the best str skill so its all you need.
>>
>just got Wrath Tempest
>with charge gem on magatsuhi turn i do like 150x8 damage
jesus
>>
>>579348305
Radical. I guess if I'm spamming critical aura, then the Glee passives aren't really important then?

I'm in the final region right now, so it finally feels like I can just grind out whatever I want and actually invest in proper demons. Just need to track down Murakumo now and not get nuked by some fafnir floating about.
>>
>>579348296
You realize the magatsuhi gauge is there to stop you from spamming buffs/debuffs to win right? Guaranteed crits arent that useful and each demon race having theur own MAG ability is fun.
>>
>>579341839
I'm like an 1hr in. The fact I'm introduced to the alignment characters so brief with no character build was fucking confusing as shit. Even Nocturne had character development.
>>
>>579348483
anon... that couldn't be further from the truth, all the sidequests are on point on the myths
>>
>>579348257
>IRL trannies are so salty about being called young man every 20 seconds
holy kek
>>
File: 1636858564761.jpg (30 KB, 475x467)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
This thread is so filled with falseflagging that it glows

Daily reminder that you Persona 5 fags can only play Persona 5 because you decided to buy the shitbox 5, literally your own bad choices that you are stuck with ONE game
>>
>>579340682
Don't understand what people's obsession with climbing is. The world design becomes significantly less interesting to go through and explore when you add climbing because instead of having to explore and find your way around, you can just skip all of that shit and climb up the mountain. Climbing is better in gigantic empty overworlds where everything except the mountain area is flat as if they didn't even try to design the world. Even Xenoblade X, Nintendo's best open world game, didn't have climbing as a mechanic. It just gave you a good jump and let you explore and find out if things were scalable on their own. It was fun when there was an intended path you were supposed to take in X but could skip it all with some good jumping.
>>
>>579348497
Cool, need to find some demons with the pleromas then. I'd really rather not use the kimono bitch's essence to get the normal one, so I'll probably wait a bit till I see it on some random demon's essence.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>579348249
Would it really have been? Let's face it; if they added more story elements it would probably be in the form of cutscenes. JRPG's are already filled to the brim with hours and hours of cutscenes, I think Shin Megami Tensei has a unique place as a JRPG with very minimal interruptions and I don't think adding more cutscenes would really help with that.
>>
>>579348405
How is it like Persona?
>>
>>579348559
don't be too scared off by the posting here. its a good game, the story is just underwhelming
>>
>>579348569
>Demeter is somehow older than Zeus despite being a fucking toddler
>Zeus is a kind and caring father to Artemis, when in actual myth he was a fucking asshole to everyone.
>Tsukuyomi wants to preserve Japan and make it a diverse place for all Gods, something that the actual Tsukuyomi has no relation to.
>>
>>579348509
>then the Glee passives aren't really important then
Not really. They're nice to have if you're going to be using Murakumo in normal battles so that you don't have to waste a bunch of turns for a single shot.
Take Divine Arrowfall as well since it'll help the grind.
>>
>>579348405
lmao how is it like Persona
>>
>>579346945
>cutting out a new demon you admit you like for a sidequest
Is this autism
>>
>>579343851
>>579342753
SMTV is officially the Xenoblade 2 of 2021, will go down as one of our most hated games.

>>579348774
It's literally just Persona 5.5 and you know it.
>>
>>579348730
Demeter is from redux, they just didn't bother with her design.
>>
>>579348730
>Demeter is somehow older than Zeus despite being a fucking toddler
in no point they talk about age
>Zeus is a kind and caring father to Artemis, when in actual myth he was a fucking asshole to everyone.
not true, play the dlc
>Tsukuyomi wants to preserve Japan and make it a diverse place for all Gods, something that the actual Tsukuyomi has no relation to.
sidequests, you retarded tranny
>>
Pokemonfags
>Man, I'm sure glad Game Freak did the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra DLC instead of a full-priced third version of Sword/Shield
Monster Hunterfags
>Man, I'm sure glad Capcom did Iceborne and Sunbreak instead of overpriced re-releases for MH World and Rise
Atlusfags
>mmmmm can't wait to pay full price for the re-release that's 90% the same game
>>
File: EmX2oL8W8AI7eqN.jpg (140 KB, 924x924)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>579344075
SMT has the opposite problem of most franchises: I want dumb normies to get into it because the people in the fanbase now are probably the most insufferable motherfuckers on the face of the earth
Redditors who make the same two jokes about Persona 5 are much more preferable to people like Eirikr
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (639 KB, 655x718)
639 KB
639 KB PNG
I think the opposite. I think Team Maniax should never do a mainline game again until they find a director or producer with enough vision and competence to never let a mess like SMTV ever happen again. I hope they just forget this trash ever even existed and just try other games. The sales are embarrassingly even below Nocturne and IV somehow despite the much larger marketing budget so they should hide themselves in the closet and just make low budget, cheap games using V assets and hope they have some young upstart somewhere within the company that has passion for megami tensei (very unlikely considering how shitty these recent games were) to create something unique and special.

Plus look at all the interviews. Doi said he had way more fun designing demons like Kaya no Hime which weren't at all plot-relevant. Yamai said in an interview whenever they had a fun idea for the game they rejected it because it wouldn't fit with the spirit of SMT or whatever. You can't make a good game without passion.

SMTIV was a mess due to the Index liquidation but at least it had its heart in the right place. IT had actual themes to tell, like how much past events and key actors from history shape our daily life. SMTV feels like something the AI spit out.
>>
File: 1636859308592.png (110 KB, 453x508)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>579348730
Yeah I also got really bothered by the representation of Jack Frost being a happy plush since SMT 1 and not this fearsome blizzard storm that leaves nothing alive with an actual "death on horse" design
>>
>>579348774
>>579348661
You do that thing where there's a special otherworld you use your powers in, but are a normal student by day. That's all I can think of. The other SMTs were knee deep in active apocalypse or post apocalypse.
>>
>>579348761
Divine Arrowfall is a strength-based move, right? My magic is obviously in the shitter.

Appreciate the tips. If anyone has screenshots of their late game set up, that'd be rad. The end-game of SMT is always the most fun since now you can actually get moves that fucking matter. Glad the last area isn't an eye sore to move through too.
>>
File: gigachad.jpg (65 KB, 1068x601)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>579344026
>Don't care about the story just give me some more demons and cool dungeons
>>
>>579348839
>Atlus tries something new that isnt muh law, chaos, neutral while also setting up a post yhvh world.
>ITS PERSONA BRO
>>
>>579340348
It just needs SMT6 to happen. Then all the shitposters will start pretending they always thought it was the best of the franchise just to shit on the new one.
>>
>>579348858
>In no point they talk about age.
Demeter literally says Zeus is her younger sibling.
>No true
He shows up when you beat her and gives her words of encouragement, then says she should come with you to train.
>Sidequests
Not an argument.
>>
>>579348647
>Would it really have been?
yes
>I don't think adding more cutscenes would really help with that.
yeah, it would. the story and characters in this game are lame, dude
>>
>>579340723
SmtV is the secondary series that will never sell more. Cope cuck.
>>
File: Untitled.png (27 KB, 565x203)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>579343851
>>579341839
>>579342753
Apologize to this chad
>>
>>579344075
>these are the people criticizing SMT V lack of characters
Do they realize their own irl character is a joke, is this an absolute lack of self awareness
>>
>>579348940
>A vague concept like freezing to death vs actual documented mythological figures.
False equivalence.
>>
>>579349032
>He shows up when you beat her and gives her words of encouragement, then says she should come with you to train.
he just say to her continue with nahobino, nothing more
>>
>>579348939
Do you have a single fact to back up any of what you've just said
>>
Get your disgusting, slimy "story" garbage out of my demon fusing autism game. I don't want shitty anime characters pretending I care about anything other than what I can fuse at the next Level Up.

Nocturne was the gold standard and anyone trying to cram more waifu screen time than that baseline amount can fuck off, seriously. How many spinoffs have been made to contain this cancerous behaviour - my motivation is fusing demons, and if some cool bosses show up to get in the way, that's great too, but I don't need a justification for why.
>>
>>579348939
>Plus look at all the interviews. Doi said he had way more fun designing demons like Kaya no Hime which weren't at all plot-relevant. Yamai said in an interview whenever they had a fun idea for the game they rejected it because it wouldn't fit with the spirit of SMT or whatever. You can't make a good game without passion.
This is fucked up
>>
>>579349067
I mean I don't think adding more cutscenes would help make the game better. It would just be more interruptions. I suppose as long as they are skippable it would be at best be no harm done but definitely dialogue text boxes shouldn't be made any more than they already are.
>>
>>579348875
>mmmmm can't wait to pay full price for the re-release that's 90% the same game
if they fix the story i would happy to do that
>>
File: 1637865889384.png (989 KB, 1280x720)
989 KB
989 KB PNG
>>579348954
This picture is from the other thread which is pretty much spot-on for what is needed. I don't recall what stat Divine Arrowfall uses but since I'm not spec'd into MAG or STR and it's still a field wipe, you'll be fine.
>>
>>579344075
gaijin criticizing japs for not being jap enough, what the hell
>>
File: file.png (136 KB, 1000x1000)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>579349198
>That is why, we, the the human staff, shouldn’t develop Megaten based on our personal feelings; there are times when even though both the superiors and the staff agree on certain ideas, no one feels like continuing, for example, or even if game errors get fixed, the development process simply gets stalled.

>We call this phenomenon ‘the Megaten gods’ disapproval’, so we have to honour them.

>After that, we spend our days fighting, rethinking our ideas during sleepless nights, until we end up seeing illusions of mothers and daughters on their bikes on the way back home late at night…

>As the Megaten gods’ messengers, we will devote our difficulties and troubles to them and do our best to make games they approve of.

https://dijehtranslations.wordpress.com/2020/08/10/shin-megami-tensei-series-25th-anniversary-memorial-book-staff-messages/
>>
File: 1626948664502.jpg (307 KB, 2604x858)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>579341839
You got that fucking right!

>>579348939
Pic related, we should have listened to him.
>>
Guys did you know that high school from persona exists in real life??
>>
>>579349260
Solid set up. Glad to see High Restore is still viable, it's hard for me to drop that since MP is such a difficult resource to keep up in longer fights.

Thanks again anon.
>>
>>579349003
>Then all the shitposters will start pretending they always thought it was the best of the franchise just to shit on the new one.
you could make the case that gameplay wise it is
>>
>>579343851
>It's actually baffling how true this is. The story is poorly told, the characters are even shittier than 4's, the fucking TERRIBLE Doi designs are still in, with new additions that are equally shitty (Artemis), there is absolutely zero philosophical themes, and the dialogue is chock full of unfunny memes.
>Fucks sake, it's sad that they somehow made a game worse than 4.
not single thing here about gameplay, storyfags should be hanged
>>
File: 08.jpg (23 KB, 223x185)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>579344075
>JJCAT
>MJGA
>>
>>579348939
SMTV will go down in history as one of /v/'s most hated games of all time, and probably THE most hated game of the 2020s.
>>
File: good guy zeus.png (522 KB, 898x565)
522 KB
522 KB PNG
>>579349196
Why do you lie about shit that can be proven wrong with a 10 second google search?
>>
>>579349419
isn't glasses girl just a side thing?
>>
>>579340348
theres surely going to be an updated version of smt v
the question is when
and if its going to be only a royal version of an alternative take on the story like apocalypse
>>
>you have to go beat up the Shitenno, you even get the Lord's Sword but there's no Masakado
Fuck you, game. Why give us Masakado's shrine, goons and weapon but then not give us Masakado?
>>
>>579349560
Does it matter? SMTV is the Sonic 06 of SMT.
>>
>>579349202
You faggots are just as bad as the Personafags. Both of you don't understand SMT's themes.
>>
>>579349552
play the fucking game you tranny
>>
>the /smtg/ trannies have starting to leak on /v/
It was nice discussing the game for once, I think smtg trannies got too bored of circlejerking their enlarged clitoris too many times
Imagine thinking its actually plot what leads you to use several hours of your life to optimize demon fusions and teams to beat a single boss, only people who didn't play these games can defend such a stupid viewpoint
Yeah I totally wanted to see what Yuzu had to say in the next 10 hours and that's why I went that hard bartering demons in the fucking auction
>>
>>579349224
>It would just be more interruptions
come on man. the story is unsatisfying, the characters are underdeveloped, and the personal motivation isnt there for most of the plot. SMT V is not a game that suffers from too many story elements. it suffers from too little. you really satisfied with the lackluster character development we got?
>>
>>579348947
Did you even play the game?
>>
>>579344075
>Historian
>Openly speculating that the devs support orange man (who is bad) on a flimsy basis.
Lol.
>>
File: r7QWpo6.png (830 KB, 1080x718)
830 KB
830 KB PNG
>>579349129
He gave up on trying to beat Shiva so he'll always be a faggot.
>>
>>579349419
None of those personalities are remotely accurate.
>>
>>579349696
IKR, when did people started caring for plot in SMT? I played every game including spin offs, mainline plot was just there to take you from point A to B, only 4 tried to have worldbuilding and story, but it was all over the place
>>
>>579349812
Not finished yet but I've gotten to go back to the normal world after the first area. Like I said, that's all I can think about what they guy may have meant.
>>
>>579349696
bro it would just be nicer if the story wasnt shit
>>
>>579349696
Yeah this thread reeks of /smtg/ shittery, we just had a good thread a couple of hours ago
>>
>>579349494
Don't know about JJCAT but MJGA is clearly Make Japan Great Again.
>>
>>579349481
Doi designs and new additions are directly tied to the gameplay even if you play like a retarded child and skip every line of dialog and cutscene because "STORY NO GOOD. GRUG NO CARE STORY. GAME ONLY PRESS BUTTON!!!"
>>
>>579348937
doesn't look like that'll happen, all the personafags are getting filtered by it being too gameplay focus
>>
So I heard that the random crashes have been fixed with the latest Yuzu EA release
Is the texture problem still a thing?
>>
>>579349664
Autistic screeching is not an argument, and it won't make you less wrong.
>>
>>579348296
>way more fun than the bar filling up for guaranteed crits regardless of what you do during a fight
Smirk was fun but Magatsuhi was specifically implemented (along with the buff/debuff/charge/concentrate) changes so that players don't just cycle through the same basic rhythm the whole time.
It's meant to force you to consider how you want to optimize the damage per mana of your fights, especially later on and in hard difficulty.
>>
>>579349627

You can convey SMT's themes through plenty of ways that aren't through two-dimensional anime characters in movies.
For example, through the fucking demons themselves, or have a world state change in relation to your actions or the actions, or just the art design of areas, or change what your protagonist is or how it looks, or how gameplay behaves. Really, any number of ways that aren't Persona: Diet edition and that respect the audience's intelligence.

The easiest example would be to incorporate Law and Chaos into the game as more than just things characters talk about, and as aspects of the game's mechanics itself. Why not feel these concepts affect everything you do, down to the minutia of menus themselves. You know, something interesting.
>>
>>579349481
the gameplay is good what else is there to say? Combat was not a letdown, story and characters were
>>
>>579349994
Its actually the awful protag design and terrible marketing for the game that tells you nothing about it, but I'll probably pick it up on sale maybe in a year from now.
>>
File: erika.png (385 KB, 389x384)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
>>579349202
V is the best in the series in literally everything except for plot.
If you don't care about the plot that much, why are you so aggressively against having one that matters even a little?
I mean, V just builds on what Apocalypse did right gameplay-wise. Did you like that game? You should've! It was good.
>>579349481
You're learning a thing or two about SMTfags on /v/. None of these people have ever played a JRPG outside of Megaten. They got into Megaten for two reasons: The aesthetics (which are great and still are great) and the difficulty (SMT actually IS like Dark Souls; people pretend it's hard but it really isn't)
Look at the amount of people who parrot that "buffs don't matter in other JRPGs but they do in Megaten". It's the actual video game equivalent to "unlike other mecha anime, the characters matter in this one."
If you play a Final Fantasy game and don't use Haste you're not gonna have a fun time. This is basic shit. None of these people have played fucking FFVII, the JRPG equivalent of platformer fans that haven't played Super Mario Bros.

This isn't me complaining about Megaten, by the way. It's definitely one of my favorite JRPG franchises. I just wish Atlus would stop intentionally gutting parts of their games because it's "tradition." Nocturne broke away from the traditional Law Chaos Neutral shit and it was one of the best plots in the series. V tries to be Nocturne, and it succeeds in everything EXCEPT for the plot. Which does matter, and anyone that says it doesn't didn't play Nocturne. It's the Earthbound of SMT games.
This also isn't me parroting idiots like Eirikr. Don't get me wrong, the plot is legit the only problem I have with SMTV. I think buffs should be multi-target from the start again and I think compendium fusion shouldn't be reverse only, but that's it. I think Doi's new designs are fantastic, especially Fionn, Idun, Aitvaras and hell, even Nahobino Lucifer.
>>
>>579350015
the fact that you don't deny not playing the game or being a tranny just make that anon right
>>
>>579340348
Faggot hands typed this post
>>
>>579349921
Well, the real world segment is actually very short and you spend most of your time in the other world
>>
>>579350204
This is also a good point, and one I think V takes some good steps in the right direction with in regards to certain sidequests.
>>
File: 51EaW8dl0kL.jpg (55 KB, 500x449)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Whew. Since story doesn't matter anymore, I can safely say Strange Journey is fucking shit then. The alignment system being tied in with the gameplay was so fucking annoying and something that actively disencouragss proper team building. Also EO3 is better.
>>
>>579350204
SMT used to do that, then 5 came around and:
>Human characters out the ass, including a functioning, normal Tokyo that you can go back to at any point to talk to characters about fucking boring shit like how English words sound good.
>An entire arc where you take a break from the apocalypse to go to school and see some girl get bullied and have to pretend like it's a serious issue.
>Demon followers like Female Morgana constantly talking like hyperactive anime characters and being more annoying than Navi.
>Demon characters that don't act anything like their mythological personalities.
>>
>>579350361
Uh huh, I'm sure that other anon totally isn't you either.
>>
why did the devs think that increasing enemy critical hits on hard mode would be a fun challenge
>>
File: it's based on.png (315 KB, 447x477)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
>>579348937
eirikrjs is an extreme example. His hatred of Demeter is comparable to Chrischan's hatred of Sonic's blue arms.
>>
>>579350349
Fionn is the only good Doi design, and he'd be a mid-tier Kaneko design at best.
>>
>>579350536
>Demon followers like Female Morgana constantly talking like hyperactive anime characters and being more annoying than Navi.

God, this shit.

It's one of those classic examples where some guy had this great idea to have a quirky waifu companion and there wasn't a creative director around to tell them "No, that's absolutely awful", so in to the game it goes.
>>
What's the point of hitting enemies with the sword when they get the first turn anyway ?
>>
>>579350697
why did the devs think that decreasing your hit rate on hard mode would be a fun challenge
>>
>>579350728
Got a source on that? I could use a good read.
>>
>>579350782
Hit their back you dipshit
>>
>>579349767
> you really satisfied with the lackluster character development we got?

From my perspective and a lot of others, this is like asking me if I'm satisfied with the character development that Wart gets in Super Mario Bros 2. I don't think it's the story is very good but like in Super Mario Bros 2, it's such a small part of the game that I can't see it as a huge issue.

I contest that people interested in that stuff would no doubt like to see more cutscenes but ultimately the ideal is you don't want it to get in the way of game. Cutscenes are fine since they can be skipped when you don't wanna watch them but dialogue scenes are a bit harder to balance since fast forwarding through them is never fast enough and you don't want the people that don't care for that stuff to have to wade through unskippable text every time they wanna do a certain section of the game.
>>
>>579349919
you guys are just like pokmon fans when it comes to criticism. do you think the series should be held to a higher standard or are you okay with the lackluster story and characters we got?
>>
>>579350782
Raise your agility and you'll always go first even with a front hit.
>>
>>579350894
>hitting the back of a flying enemy
xD
>>
>>579350925
>Comparing a series which always had a story it focused on to the point of letting you choose its ending to a platformer which never focused on the story.
>>
>>579350728
I think besides Eirikr, about 90% of Megaten e-celebs are faggots. This wouldn't be a problem in any other community, except with a franchise as niche as Megaten, a lot of people are going to get into it through those people. The only two halfway decent ones are Marsh and Fither and that's it.
>>
File: 132.png (19 KB, 496x144)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>579351012
Bro you just don't appreciate how important fake women gods are.
>>
>>579351012
>Fither
>>
>>579351012
including* instead of besides
>>
>>579351012
Nyarly is decent.
>>
>>579343851
Fuck off. Doi's artemis design is a million times better than Kaneko's.
>>
>>579351121
He's a zoomer, he pays too much attention to /smtg/ and the way he opens videos is annoying but he's better than like 90% of Megaten e-celebs by default because he's not a retarded doomposter
>>
File: SMT-V-Amanozako.jpg (59 KB, 1020x572)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>people keep hyping her up and call her the MC's "soulmate"
>in the first world and fucks off for 80% of the game
>>
>>579340348
What's wrong with you? I'm in the third area now and am annoyed each time yellow cap guy is bumbling around. Don't care. Let me roam and fight.
>>
>>579350893
This isn't related to Demeter but I consider this his most infamous take
https://eirikrjs.blogspot.com/2017/06/jjcat.html
Anyone that quotes this man is a retard
>>
>>579350926
nigga, you are playing mainline SMT, story doesn't exist since it's inception, if you want story go play persona
>>
>>579340348
This game needs the black tablets from nocturne to refight bosses
>>
File: Tao.png (365 KB, 434x603)
365 KB
365 KB PNG
>>579351094
I always assumed Tao was Amaterasu. The design screams sun god, especially the crown and it fits in as the direct opposite of Tsukuyomi's design. Plus with the main character being Susano'o, you complete the trio.
>>
>>579340348
Is it really an SMT staple to put shitty dungeons and mazes in the game? That's honestly the one thing I hate about this game more than anything else it's filtering me hard bros, I fucking hate the Stratum castle so much.
>>
>>579351327
you can always find her in front of the diet building
>>
What are some good buffs and debuffs to look for when first starting out?
>>
>>579340653
It's called playing on an emulator
>>
File: thonk.png (280 KB, 598x333)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
>>579351178
>Dude, what if [Mythological figure] but... [TOTSUGEKI DESIGN I LIKED TODAY]?!
>>
>>579351534
Cirronupp's Cautious Cheer is adequately powered for what you need by the second area.
>>
>>579351534
flying fox, he can carry you until lvl lvl 40 more or less
>>
File: 1632536394964.jpg (120 KB, 1024x983)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>579351381
Holy shit please tl;dr this for me bro.
>>
>>579344075
This is why I don't pay attention to anyone who calls this game terrible or stupidly bad, yes it has its flaws but overall is one of the best entries in the franchise.
>>
>>579351507
SMT games used to be all dungeons and mazes, this one changed it up with the xenoblade areas
>>
>>579351675
why are people criticizing artemis design but not cleopatra or cumlink? I wold assume the trannies would be all over cleopatra not being dark skined
>>
>>579351429
>if you want story go play persona
then don't advertise SMT as having a better story than persona, because it doesn't
>>
Any tips for nocturne. I just bought remaster and want to know is magic better than strength?
>>
>>579350893
https://twitter.com/EirikrJS/status/1419826766538027009
>>
>>579351991
>then don't advertise SMT as having a better story than persona
nobody in their fucking minds ever did this, do you think "ANOTHER GOD REJECTED!" was people praising the story?
>>
>>579352043
Maximize STR, make sure you can apply all buffs to all party members and all debuffs to all enemies ASAP, get your elemental coverage across your demons, and the game is literally unlosable.
>>
>>579344075
So they never played SMT. It’s always been a game that centers on Japan fighting against the Christian god. It’s full of Japan wank.
>>
>>579351007
The story choices in SMT games tended to happen once every few hours and were in most cases just "Demon option" and "Angel option". It's hardly what I'd call the focus though you might have a point with Strange Journey where how you assort your team directly effects that stuff. Otherwise those choices always seemed like something you can mostly forget about until they came up every now and then.
>>
>>579352142
Thanks anything else?
>>
>>579351534
Which buffs become more important vary on a boss by boss basis, but in my experience marakukaja was always essential. Masukukaja was good for physical bosses that had moves with low accuracy, and if a boss didn't hit particularly hard i'd just use matarukaja to burn them down and be MP efficient. You can get away with having Tarukaja if you only have 1 or 2 damage dealers in a party you want to fluff up.

For debuffs it's slightly trickier. Ma- debuffs are mostly a waste of MP since a lot of bosses are 1v4, but there are abscesses where you want aoe debuffs. Priority is Tarunda, then rekunda, then sukunda.

Concentrate and Charge are nerfed and not worth the turn and mp cost, dorumn spells, however, work much better in my experience.
>>
this entire thread proves persona making SMT mainstream was a mistake
>>
>>579352205
Explore, have fun, don't look up guides, don't fuse Daisoujou if you want to actually feel something resembling pressure from the game, Press-Turn is your friend. That's about it.
>>
>>579351776
uhhh Atlus/Masakado hates jews
>>
>>579351534
Fang Breaker and Toxic Spray are both really good for dealing debuffs plus something extra
>>
>>579351381
That was a hard read.
>>
>>579352119
>nobody in their fucking minds ever did this
SMT fans will actually try to convince people that the story and characters are better in SMT. trying to say SMT V's story is better than anything in persona is ridiculous, but the characters? some of them are barely characters
>>
>>579351871
Most people are generally favorable to Finn, and Cleopatra too. It help that Finn looks like a Celtic warrior, and Cleopatra has Egyptian fashion, beauty, and a snake element that references a lot of myths about her.
>>
>>579350781
>>579350536
The more we discuss SMTV the worse it gets. This may very well be our most fucking hated game of the 2020s. And it's not even halfway through the decade!
>>
>>579352282
Alright thanks mate
>>
>>579352513
bro its a good game. its just got a bad story and characters
>>
>>579350536
There are literally no redeeming aspects of this fucking game. Just when you think it can't get worse, you discover more and more awful shit. SMTV is the series's full metamorphasis into "Persona, but slightly edgier"
>>
>>579352421
The only persona with a good story is 2, SMT has better stories but less of it
>>
>>579348483
>The only people who complain are smart people like me that truly understand what good art is like.
Holy shit, how up your own ass are you and how much you weight?
>>
File: w9fvUnm.jpg (75 KB, 640x955)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>dude....toku bad because...it just IS okay?
Toku is the soul of SMT and I'm tired of pretending it's not. 70s era toku's absurdity between it's good/evil is just as over the top as law and chaos always has been. Throw urban legends into Garo, mix in digimon and you have SMT.
>>
>>579348483
>Trannies love the game.
Judging by this thread it's basically obly trannies that love this "game"
>>
>>579352678
>SMT has better stories but less of it
this is retarded, and now everyone can see that this claim is full of shit since 5's was so lackluster
>>
>>579350536
Honestly the only bad one is Amanozako. Her existence is the game is entirely unneeded.
>>
>>579352104
This reads like a typical /v/ post where someone says "many people" or "everyone" feels a certain way about something, with no source to back that claim up. That and the idea that Greek gods would only have one form is just plain misinformed.
>>
>>579352797
SMT is just Nocturne redux, SMT 1 and 2 had good story and great human characters both in your party and in the story that were integral to the path you took
>>
>>579352843
>That and the idea that Greek gods would only have one form is just plain misinformed.
it's almost like half of the myths are someone changing forms and fucking something to create a half animal half human thing
>>
>>579352104
>these are the people saying the game has shit designs
These people lack so much self awareness it hurts
>>
>>579352263
This. It's pretty obvious persona only trannies don't get the game or wish it was more like persona, they blatantly lie about facts that can be verified in-game, they throw shit like "toku bad" just for the sake of it and twitter trannies are seething because they can't self insert into the MC.
I wish this series stayed JP only, fucking normies and trannies will make any discussion of this franchise a nightmare.
>>
>>579352717
Nobody is saying Toku is bad. Doi can make shallow pop culture reference designs that are inferior to Kaneko's faithful depictions of mythological figures all he wants, nobody is saying he can't.

The problem is that he tries to justify them with flagrantly bad logic as if to convince us that he's somehow honoring the way these figures were depicted in classic stories, and not just indulging his Toku fanboyism.
>>
>SMT HAS A BETTER STORY THAN PERSONA BUT ALSO IT WAS NEVER ABOUT THE STORY DON'T YOU SEE? YOU'RE EXPECTING TOO MUCH. I MEAN, WHY WOULD YOU PLAY AN SMT GAME FOR THE STORY? BUT YEAH, BETTER STORY AND CHARACTERS THAN PERSONA
>>
>>579352940
> SMT 1 and 2 had good story and great human characters both in your party and in the story that were integral to the path you took
don't lie, it was barebones as fuck, the fan localisation did wonders for that game, because the original japanese version is dry as fuck
>>
>>579352717
Post a demon design pre-Doi that was a blatant Toku reference.
>>
>>579353097
T. persona 5 baby with they them as pronouns
>>
>>579352717
Tokufags are the bronies of Japanese media
>>
>>579340682
>>Merciless difficulty
Why would you want it to be easier?
>>
>>579351675
>Dude, what if [Mythological figure] but... [LE EPIC MILLION TIDDIES]?!
>>
It needed to do what SMT4 does and let us see the world after being reshaped by law and chaos. The game speeds up way too quickly after the Bethel conference and it shows since you enter the last map in early 50s and leave in the in the 70s.
>>
>>579353173
do you really want to go that route? just look at smt 2 demons, if 4chan existed back them people would be complaining about betelgeuse
>>
>>579353230
>SMT has a better story than persona
>SMT was never about the story and should remain barebones to focus on gameplay
pick one and only one
>>
I just beat metatron, what's the checklist of stuff I should do before I beat the game? Just got the ra side quest and done everything but some of the "trade for items" quests.
>>
File: Frost_Five.jpg (77 KB, 632x734)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>579353173
>>
File: diana.jpg (475 KB, 784x1024)
475 KB
475 KB JPG
>>579353260
>A design based on an actual historical depiction of the goddess Artemis (albeit extremely outdated)
>vs a shallow reference to modern pop culture
>>
>>579353097
It has a better story than persona because it has less focus on story padding, persona story is so overexplained and overwritten for padding sake that it's almost like purple prose

You know what purple prose means right? It means Persona thinks more words = better story when its the complete opposite effect, only low IQ retards need to have everything overexplained to feel it has consistency
>>
>>579351429
>story doesn't exist since its inception
Wrong wrong wong. You're a nocturne faggot through and through and it shows. Most of the troglodytes on /v/ are brainwashed by nocturne and its memes. Which is funny considering even nocturne had more characterization than V does.
>>
>>579352104
I wonder what he thinks about the Fate series.
These "people" are literally sucking their own cock on how much they "know" about history when I'm 100% he got triggered by a little girl, who is not even sexualized in any way, and decided to google search who Demeter was.
I fucking bet he is an actual pedophile, no, I'm sure of it.
>>
Are there any early-mid demons that are good enough to have in an end-game roster, or do I just keep fusin'
>>
>>579353413
>5 different colors is a toku reference
No.
>>
>>579353483
nigga, I played smt 1 and 3 in japanese, go play it in original japanese and not the fan translation, so fuck off
>>
Can I fight Shiva after I've selected "Destroy the throne" or do I have to kill him prior?
>>
>>579353474
oh so instead of accomplishing less with more words like persona does, smt has the right approach... accomplishing less with less words.
>>
>>579353554
Sure you did champ and what about 2 4 4a? Which leads to a majority. You're in the wrong and you need to accept it.
>>
File: 1637870232687.png (15 KB, 677x586)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>579353541
>>
Just started SMTV. Str or Mag?
>>
>>579353613
Stop playing.
>>
File: 1629817090185.png (989 KB, 1000x705)
989 KB
989 KB PNG
why are people complaining about demon designs when this was a "problem" since forever?

https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Category:American_Mythology_and_Popular_Culture
>>
>>579353746
Strength if you want to have one single skill you use MAG if you want to have fun.
>>
>>579353708
A small fairy story with less words is better story than the entire GRRM garbage written just for padding sake

Persona has literally hours of just written dialogue that's entirely padding and goes nowhere
>>
>MC's primary companion is a human-like robot that constantly talks about how much it wants to watch over and protect you.
Gee I really am glad they put in male Aigis for the fujo Persona crowd.
>>
File: file.png (616 KB, 944x378)
616 KB
616 KB PNG
>>579353084
>Kaneko's faithful depictions of mythological figures
he's hit or miss with this especially on mesoamerican myths. I don't think either really need to justify their design choices, both are producing things that are closer to their personal tastes. Doi just doesn't have the variety that Kaneko is. Kaneko clearly had an interest in the occult while Doi doesn't. which sucks shit for the occult rpg franchise
>>579353173
Here you go
>>579353372
>if 4chan existed back them people would be complaining about betelgeuse
I think people straight up don't understand that some demons are to be imagined as a rubber suit monster on a miniature set.
>>
i liked SMTV's story. i guess i'm the weird one for not needing 40 hours of useless exposition. the only character i didnt like was dazai. besides SMT has always been more about atmosphere
>>
File: 1614611992012.jpg (95 KB, 754x760)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Remind me again, what does having a demon 'knowledge' mean, besides the fact that you can fuse to be a Nahobino.
>>
>>579353732
I played all mainline games you tranny, smt was always barebones in the story, spin offs always focused more on story
>>
>>579353746
VIT and AGI
You'll thank me later.
>>
>>579353864
Yeah too bad the game doesn't even have a small fairy story with less words which is the problem.
>>
>>579353820
We just hate doi, replace him and we'll be happy.
>>
>Spent half an hour trying to beat Jatayu
>Got zero rewards, only a small amount of exp
Welp, at least it made finding the last Miman in the area easier
>>
>>579354045
why do you hate doi? all of his designs are alright
>>
>>579353820
If you're shitting on Chris the car, you can get the fuck out rn
>>
>>579353746
STR if you want to do real damage and be a chad that ignores the weakness system in favor of getting more turns through crits, later speccing into Almighty skills.

MAG if you want to have a miserable time trying to fit all the magic spells into a limited move pool and being terminally underpowered until the end of the game, where you still underperform melee chads on account of elemental resistances out the ass, no crits without magatushi skills, and demons that have better exclusive magic spells than you.
>>
>>579349481
the gameplay is just rehashed press turn but they nerfed a bunch of skills and made agi and luk useless
and now it's slow as fuck because muh 3d
>>
>>579353820
Because people complaining about Doi's design while praising Kaneko were not around when Kaneko used to get shit on all the fucking time, they are literally secondaries who only know: Ka eko=Old=Good=People will like me for being oldfag'
They both have great designs and shit designs, but the problem is that secondaries like to praise the old to pretend to fit into a franchise they don't know shit about
>>
>>579351710
Do i have to fuse to get that
>>
>>579348839
>SMTV is officially the Xenoblade 2 of 2021
Xenoblade 2 is the most successful and most-liked of the Xeno franchise, though.
>>
>>579353864
retarded take, persona characters actually have development unlike smt v characters and if you want to talk about going nowhere, remember that smt v a chapter about a girl who was getting bullied at school
>>
>>579354106
Now this is a complain i can get behind, I would have liked the game to have faster skip through attacks between demons, the skip of a single attack is fine but the skip between demons is too slow
>>
>>579353913
One shitty toku Kaneko design vs every Doi design being a shitty toku ripoff.
>>
>>579354106
oh and noguns
playing a regular human is universally better than playing some demi-god
>>
>>579353820

I think people have a point in that Kaneko brought an elegance to the series whether was designing surreal monstrosities, wacky creatures or pretty ladies. You got the sense that there was consideration put into most designs. This was the "template" that the series should aspire to.
Asymmertrical noisy messes and "anime character based on x" is plainly just not very interesting or creative, they all look like first drafts of an idea with no refinement.

I think it's good that SMT doesn't need to feel stuck to a specific aesthetic but maybe let's not have garbage like "Chemtrails" or bug-eyed anime girls who are holding some wheat so now they're totally a roman goddess.
>>
>>579353941
it's just that. you inherited the knowledge of a god that was originally>>579353946
stolen by YHVH. by fusing with you and taking their knowledge back they regain their godhood
>>
>>579353936
What an original and valued opinion. If you want one thing it must be to an extreme. You can't want the game to be a bit better in one regard right?
>>
>>579353746
Mag is more fun, str isn't even competitive with it until level 65+

Def throw in a vit/agi point for every like, 4 points in mag though.
>>
>>579354106
Taking away the first turn from your enemies is the exact opposite of useless, you fucking retard
>>
File: 1608130203772.png (470 KB, 829x1023)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
>harry potters get a few heavy attacks
>STR chads get severe almighty and high crit x8
They really need to make passives their own category of skills because right now no fucking way in hell a mag build will ever catch up to physical
>>
>>579351381
>Pseudohistorical Fantasies into Anti-Semitic Nightmares
stopped reading there
>>
>>579354326
>str isn't even competitive with it until level 65+
Show me any spell that can deal 150x8 damage on level 45
>>
File: 1609782184527.png (1.24 MB, 1000x1224)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>579354305
>Kaneko brought an elegance to the series whether was designing surreal monstrosities
>>
File: Hydra.png (1.89 MB, 1660x1023)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
>>
>>579354446

That's fucking dope, though. Would recruit in a heartbeat.
>>
>>579354356
Yeah you can do that by hitting them in the back bypassing agility entirely.
>but bosses
cope.
>>
File: 1637446142290.jpg (32 KB, 360x360)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>579340348
put him IN
>>
>>579354550
shit
>>
File: 1630862441509.png (1 MB, 1000x1993)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
>>579354446
>kaneko good
>doi bad
>>
>>579354612

S O U L
>>
>>579354550
Hydra is literally one of the coolest designs in a very long time.
>>
>>579354313
The main issue with the MUH STORY fags is that they don't realize that in actual video game development, if they put an emphasize too strong on story and give too much authority to story leads the gameplay goes to shit, because the ideas story guy starts meddling around the gameplay elements and breaks the entire game just to put some shitty point across

You either give the gameplay department leisure to do whatever they want or you make the story department meddle into gameplay and make it shit, there is no middle ground, and that's why there is an inverse correlation in story and gameplay in EVERY single game unless its indie and the indie guy does both
>>
>>579353746
STR and it's not even close
You get Sakanagi in the beginning of second area and that thing alone can carry you through 60% of the game
You can go full no fun allowed almighty minmaxing or settle for something more fun. I went for a full on crit build with yabusame shot, wrath tempest and muramasa plus crit and phys passives on hard and had a blast.
>>
>>579353936
>useless exposition
yeah like character development right? totally unnecessary. oh, and have i mentioned how smt v still has a better story than persona despite the less than bare minimum story?
>>
>>579354592
>Play a shitty stealth mini game for the hundreds of roaming demons each time you want to battle.
>Give bosses the first turn because.... Because agi is just bad okay!?
Dilate.
>>
File: 1630280676463.png (368 KB, 446x813)
368 KB
368 KB PNG
>>579354596
only if he can come
>>
File: 1626905367786.jpg (16 KB, 360x270)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>579354550
>hydra doesn't have 8 targetable regenerating heads and you have to kill them each with fire to prevent them from respawning
shit fight
>>
>>579354814
You have lahmu for that
>>
I really don't like that no one is bringing up that SMTV's multiple endings are all literally the same like fucking Mass Effect 3. The only difference with the true ending is it's longer and has a proper farewell to Aogami.
>But previous SMT games had this too
Yeah and it sucked then too
>>
>>579354814
Maybe if it was a later fight they could've done that but there's no way that would've worked for the first boss.
People get filtered by Lahmu enough as-is.
>>
>>579354362
Let MAGlets have fun anon, STRchads will always be top dogs anyway.
>>
File: file.png (467 KB, 862x485)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
>>579354231
>One shitty toku Kaneko design
you're blind
>>579354550
I was impressed at how strongly the "necks" looked like that for real multiheaded snakes. Hydra looking like a messy genetic mutation instead of an idealized multi-headed beast was a good choice
>>
>>579354739
yes, unnecessary. not every story needs emphasis on characters. you seem kinda slow
>>
no social links no buy
>>
>>579354446
>>579354612
Soul.
>>579354596
Shitty and soulless
>>579354550
Mid-tier Kaneko at best.
>>
>>579353418
>modern
Saint Seiya is older than you are.
>>
>>579354550
>Dude what if the xenomorph was a snake.
>>
>>579354960
I don't know I feel like a character that represents an entire route of an ending should have a little emphasis on them but that's just retarded thinking here on /v/
>>
>>579354596
Chemtrail was really stupid but I also want more urban legend/conspiracy demons.
Fuck it, creepypasta demons too. Put Slenderman in. Fuck it.
>>
>>579354867
>>579354925
Wait, did Lahmu actually have regenerating arms?
I just used light shards purely based on the instinct that they would all have to be killed at the same time.
>>
>>579355095
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>579354960
should the story about the apocalypse have its emphasis on important events like school bullying then?
>>
doi is better than kaneko, I want to fuck all of doi designs and none of kaneko
>>
>>579355209
It is.
>>
>>579355095
Yes, and yes.
That's why the design is sick as fuck. Seethe
>>579355034
Kill yourself.
>>
>>579355116
>Where are my social links!
Retarded responses like this are why Persona 5 was a mistake
>>
>>579355173
If you don't nuke all his arms within the first turn or two he will use a move that regenerates them to full health.
>>
>>579355239
based footfag
>>
>>579340348
not exclusive to sony so i don't care about it, even if it releases on PS
>>
File: Amon.png (1.23 MB, 1280x1280)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>
>>579348682
>the story is just underwhelming
how is this acceptable?
the story never felt underwhelming in nocturne or iv even if you didn't like it
>>
>>579355285
That's fucking hilarious. I'm glad I had the foresight to assume some bullshit would happen.
Items are so busted on this game.
>>
>>579355130
>we want the FNAF playerbase
>>
>>579354731
Sakanagi is a medium strength almighty attack that's single target. It's never going to hit a weakness, you'll only be banking on the rare crit for extra damage that spells wouldn't also get.

Casting Bufula against an enemy that doesn't resist ice is going to be as strong as it, and easier to get a pleroma for. Nevermind if they're actually weak to it, then you consistently get to generate press turns and do more damage.

People overrate the fuck out of str and act like magic NEEDS to hit weakness to do damage. If you dump points into mag like people do into str, you will do just as much damage and much more than most demons, for the entire game. There's almost no difference between the two besides crits/weaknesses.
>>
>>579355283
Once again to extremes. I want the characters to have more emphasis instead of a 15 minutes of screen time through a 70 hour game. Therefore that means I want persona social links. You people are fucked in the head.
>>
>>579355374
I-IS THAT A DOI DEMON? AAAAHH /smtg/MAN HELP ME
>>
>>579340348
not being $60
some dungeons maybe
a new area or two if no dungeons
more demons
more superbosses
a haircut
>>
>>579340348
Persona 4 Golden and its consequences have been a disaster for Atlus players
>>
>>579355374
I love that the eye patterns on his tail move
>>
>>579355509
>not being $60
did anyone really buy this on switch? I just assumed everyone played on the emulator
>>
File: atlus bois.jpg (194 KB, 1200x1187)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>579354165
Kaneko's departure from Atlus hurts SMT's identity and integrity in so many more ways than the fact that they have to get a new demon designer.
People being so fixated on a few Doi designs they dislike is missing the forest for the trees so fucking hard.
>>
>>579355437
>People overrate the fuck out of str and act like magic NEEDS to hit weakness to do damage. If you dump points into mag like people do into str, you will do just as much damage and much more than most demons, for the entire game. There's almost no difference between the two besides crits/weaknesses.
I think people are comparing their STR pumped hits to that of mag demons hitting weakness and doing as much or less. Of course the demon is going to do less damage even with hitting weakness because you have at least 15 points over it in your damage stat.
>>
>>579355424
On hard you have to kill every arm one by one because its not possible to erase all arms unless you are like 4 levels overleveled or some shit
>>
>>579355283
nowhere in his post was persona or social links mentioned. he brought up a legitimate criticism and you deflect with 'persona bad'. are you sure you actually want this series to stand on its own from persona? because being unable to take legitimate criticism is not how you do that
>>
>>579355437

If they're largely the same in power but one gives you stronger free attacks, then I would just go with Physical then.

The majority of demons are spellcasters anyway.
>>
File: 1637871661149.jpg (127 KB, 711x927)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>579355539
It goes farther back than that.
Personafags were always retarded
>>
>>579355437
Being almighty means it's almost never going to be resisted unlike MAGlets who get their ruinous thunder resisted by every nearby mothman until they can get divine arrowfall
MAGlets only have a slight advantage until STR build gets Wrath Tempest and then Critical Zealot at which point there's such an insane gap between STR and MAG it's just hilarious, and it's only going to get wider the moment you get Murakumo.
>>
>>579355595
sorry for supporting a franchise I like, I guess
I just don't like definitive editions being priced the same as the old game when it's the same thing with more bells and whistles, unless it gets a huge revamp
>>
>>579355627
you do realise he worked on persona 5, right?
>>
File: 1637282843954.png (172 KB, 302x335)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
str powerspikes HARD the second you get bloody glee. beast eye is a pretty good replacement for agility too

i don't really think mag gets any big dick early powerspikes like that you just gotta work with weaknesses for awhile
>>
Physical builds are best because the endgame of every single SMT game just revolves around stacking a hundred passives and a single damaging move. The only way you'll do this on a magic build is if you build for Almighty attacks, and unfortunately, STR has the hands-down best almighty move in Murakumo.
>>
>>579355925
Don't tell him that, he still believes old=good.
>>
>>579355925
He's credited on every SMT game because they use his designs and maybe some leftover ideas, but the last game he had any real control over was Strange Journey.
>>
File: Screenshot (1135).png (1.91 MB, 1920x1080)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB PNG
REMEMBER SMT1
BOTH CHAOS AND LAW HERO CONSIDER THEMSELF FRIENDS AND THEIR DISCUSSION WERE ABOUT PHYLOSOFY

HERE YOU HAVE
FUCK OFF I HATE YOU I HAVE RIGTH

DISGUTING
>>
>>579356063
But MAG is best in IV.
>>
How can you tell what monster is suited for what ie attack magic status skills
>>
>>579356187
Don't care plus you didn't beat Shiva
>>
Someone gotta explain to me the fusion screen being a Brian Eno liveshow
>>
>>579356063
I don't know just how true this is with my experience. My MC has both almighty pleromas and executed a crit murakamo and hits 2500 damage meanwhile my amanozako with both electric pleromas is hitting in the 2000s WITHOUT having to crit using narukami to bypass any resistances. Murakamo isn't that much more powerful to force yourself to being locked into just a single move.
>>
>>579344075
>I can’t believe SMT V made me think about Trump.
I can believe it. These people are incapable of thinking about anything else.
>>
>>579356343
WELCOME
TO THE CATHEDRAL OF SHADOWS
>>
>>579355045
Compared to a several thousand year old fountain that wasn't designed for commercialization, Saint Seiya is modern, yes.
>>
File: 1634890883904.gif (33 KB, 100x100)
33 KB
33 KB GIF
>>579355374
How do I fight this fucker? He's in the map chilling
>>
>>579356405
>My MC has both almighty pleromas and executed a crit murakamo and hits 2500 damage
Do you have critical zealot?
>>
>>579349494
>>579349947
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese-Jewish_common_ancestry_theory
>>
>>579356259
I mean their default skillset should say something plus you look at their proficiency. A demon with -3 in fire shouldn't be using agi skills. A demon with +3 in support will use less mp throwing out said support skills etc.
>>
File: file.png (136 KB, 404x244)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>579356436
brain age cathedral was the best thing to happen to it
>>
>>579355374
>Dude what if a random demon called himself an Egyptian god to fit our new retarded lore.
>>
>>579348939
The biggest mistake was that they let Etrian Odyssey director make this game.
>>
>>579355861
What if I told you that you could have 2 spells, and that in most cases, at least one of those is going to hit neutral against an enemy and in a lot of other cases at least one is going to hit an enemy's weakness?

And beyond that, you even have elemental shards/gems that scale with magic, so you have free mabufu and between bufula and bufudyne level spells, for all elements.

And that you get elemental pleromas as early as the level 20s, which are a 20% damage boost at least. A lot more than critical zealot is.

You also get severe level lightning and wind well before Murakumo, and can Impaler's Animus if you want to pierce a resistance/null + damage buff, or if they're neutral to weak against it, just cast twice instead of having to do setup with crit aura or low chance gambling for crits.
>>
File: 1637629664331.jpg (16 KB, 333x305)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>579356515
I don't know when it is exactly. I got his quest after reaching the area right before the throne and all the final bosses.
>>
>>579356181
I have bad news for you
>persona 5
>Demon Design and Modeling Supervisor
>>
File: Screenshot (1136).png (2.97 MB, 1920x1080)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB PNG
THIS FAGGOT IS THE JAPANESE GOD

THE JAPANESE GODS WERE NUTRAL CHADS WHO SAY FUCK OFF LAW AND CHAOS HERE MY EBIN SWORD MC

NOW WHAT
HE LARP AS LUCIFER

BECAUSE HE IS LUCIFER
HE ACT AS HIM , THE SAME THINGS LUIS CHYFER DID IN SMT1 AND 2
HE IS THE GUY WHO GET THE MC GETTING DRANK IN A BAR

WHY NOT CALLIMG HIM LUCIFER ALL YOUR FUCKING PLOTHOLES SOLVED
>>
>>579356648
>A lot more than critical zealot is.
critical zealot is +33% damage to crits, retard
on top of natural crit bonus for Naho's exclusive crits
wrath tempest with critical zealot is like x2.5 multiplier making it possible to re-enact SMT3-esque charge playstyle
>>
>>579355426
It'd be better than the SMT playerbase now!
>>
>>579356740
Yes they've used the same demon designs and even the same models for the past 20 something years. Ever since they first went 3D. It's been the same models. So he is credited because he was there for those.
>>
>>579356515
did you spare the egypcian god? I think this is one of the requirements
>>
>>579356898
this level of delusion is something else, he worked on P5 anon, you have to accept it, give me proof he didn't, I can give you he did https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Kazuma_Kaneko
>>
>>579356828
Ok now go post that on twitter.
>>
File: Oops sorry.jpg (206 KB, 1280x720)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>579356907
It's not. I killed him in my playthrough and I still got his quest.
>>
>>579356616
But SMT V is great, and EO is easily atlus best property.
>>
>>579357001
Wow he's credited as a demon or character designer in almost every single one which totally backs up my claim. He's credited even if he isn't there.
>>
Shartlus makes Fatlus seem like a piss tier company
>>
>>579341839
Based. Fuck Vsona. Where my SJ/Nocturne Chads at?
>>
>>579357141
brainlet, learn to read, whe he is not the demon designer is credited as series demon designer
>>
File: Screenshot (1138).png (2.09 MB, 1920x1080)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB PNG
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAH

HOLY SHIT SO SAD
CHAOS HERO FUSED AND HE DIED

I AM CRYING 10 ON 10 MASTERPIECE

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

NOW RETARDS CONFRONT THESE DEADS WITH LAW AND CHAOS HERO OF SMT1 AND VOMIT
>>
>>579357152
SJ giga chad here, V is much better than Nocturne.
>>
>>579357141
I knew kaneko=good fags where retarded, but you are something else
>>
>>579357152
V is nocturne babies wet dream with the fiends the complete lack of plot and demi fiend jerk off.

Don't try to stand up with SJ chads.
>>
>i love stories in games. my favorite game story is SMT V because there isn't one
>>
Based on the replies ITT you can say:

People who hate SMT V= You are dumber than me as only I know what good art looks like. Praise old Kaneko as he cannot do anything bad. Why is this game not like Persona and the focus on the characters? Tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny....

People who like SMT V= The game is fun, I like it.
>>
>Anti-Vfag on a seethe overload after getting filtered by Shiva.
Lol
>>
>>579346313
SMT4 had absolutely dogshit characters, holy fuck. The reps in IV were absolute cardboard cutouts, even the SMT1 characters were more interesting. The only remotely interesting characters were the ones in Blasted Tokyo and you only visited that place for a whole 10 minutes.
>>
>>579357480
If you keep repeating that maybe one anon will believe you, shitposter-kun.
>>
>>579357547
Pretty much
>>
>everyone in here saying to dump into STR
I’ve been doing MAG and AGI. Am I fucked? Just passed the Diet building.
>>
File: 1626691013163.png (225 KB, 451x473)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
>that king frost side quest
Made me sad.
>>
File: 1636526602481.jpg (181 KB, 813x1200)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>
File: SMT 1 Chaos Hero.png (32 KB, 701x178)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>579357252
Sure, here you go.
>>
>>579357820
this game is kind to most builds, you genuinely can't fuck up that bad. mag is super viable. i've kinda dumped into every skill but mag and it's going great
>>
File: 1637873143650.png (79 KB, 418x568)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>579357903
>>
>>579351151
He's the definition of inoffensive, and if that's what passes for "A" rank, you know the rest of it's fucked. Marsh is pretty cool for introducing people (like me) into the older game, though.
>>
>>579349621
>make shit up to discredit game
>get called out
>lol who cares if I lied, it's just shit ok?
Jesus christ
>>
>>579357820
Any build can work, just some are more difficult than others and requires more demon autism.
I'm doing a Support run and dumping all my stats into VIT and LUK
>>
>>579357820
As long as you mainly pump one of str or mag, and throw about 1 in vit/agi every 5 levels, you're good.

Str is circlejerked incredibly hard because of the "world of strength" meme, and people judging off of being 10% more effective against ng+ endgame superbosses and ignoring everything else.
>>
>>579348625
Thread was made and is being spammed by the same trannies that spent every single day flooding /smtg/ since before release btw, you can tell because they parrot the same points over and over again.
>>
>>579340348
Honestly, IGN was right in their review.
SMT V is just Persona 5 but without the heart
>>
File: 1499555342618.gif (855 KB, 500x281)
855 KB
855 KB GIF
>>579347406
Nobody, not a single fucking person in this thread has disagreed with the statement "SMT is gameplay first and does not prioritize story"

The problem here is that it's bad even by THAT standard. It would almost be better if there was no story, if there were no characters, if it was just you in this hellscape versus demons with no quarter assed attempts to drum up motivations to save 1 dimensional characters we've met for all of sixty seconds.

You are literally autistic to not understand that none of us are disagreeing with the assertion that SMT stories are always barebones, but that this game's story is bad even with that in mind, to the point where it almost makes the game less enjoyable. Nobody cares about your dick waving, especially when you completely misconstrue the argument that we are AGREEING with you on.
>>
>>579351151
>>579358073
>Click on Nyarly's Nocturne no-buff challenge run
>Spends like two minutes yelling at the start about how, unlike those other INFERIOR JRPGs, SMT's buffs ACTUALLY MATTER
>>
File: 1637454515000.png (1.87 MB, 1920x1080)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
>>579358069
He sure is.
>>
>>579358069
Morag + Cumhail
>>
>>579357625
Yes, yes they were. Hoy boy and "Literally no Character" the law guy. Can't forget GIRL.

They were dogshit, and these are SOMEHOW even worse. Much worse, even.
>>
>>579358283
Where are the sunglasses?
>>
>>579358427
Not disagreeing there. I just don't want people to pretend that IV had good characters, just because V's are even worse.
>>
File: niyari.png (54 KB, 200x228)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
You'll help your Prime Minister accomplish his goals, right?
>>
>>579350526
>that actively disencouragss proper team building.
You mean that it actively encourages it, right?
It makes you actually think about the demons you can choose and you need to decide whether to choose a better demon that isn't your alignment or a worse demon that is.
Or you actually find the demons that fulfill all your needs through a ton of tries.
>>
Why did the final boss only have a single press-turn icon? Is it because I did the "destroy the throne" end instead of the true ending I've been hearing about? Honestly a pretty underwhelming final boss.
>>
File: 1632902908667.png (2.67 MB, 1920x1081)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB PNG
holy shit this guy was a pushover
why did they even put a lvl 60 demon as level 80 miniboss and with such shit stats and movesets
>>
>>579358583
Oh no SMT4's characters were a soft 3 at strongest. This is probably the closest I've ever seen to 1/10 characters even in self insert tranny indie kickstarters. These characters actively make the game worse by existing.
>>
>game story so bad that it filters cinematic movie (games) zoomers
based

btw the setting, which is arguably more important than story in video games, is actually good
>>
SMT stories are kinda barebones, but you can't deny II, SJ, IV and IVA had proper stories and varying amounts of characters and development.
V is just nocturne but way worse in that regard, barely a story there and it's fucking awful. The setting isn't even interesting by the series standards either which doesn't help.
>>
>>579358972
Careful, you said IVA's story is anything but shit, people will get really mad at you for that
>>
>>579358069
Hail to the cum, baby.
>>
>>579357141
Funny how I made a comment about how Kaneko's influence on the franchise extended to much more than his designs and people are retards for hyperfocusing on the new designs as if that's the biggest problem with nu-SMT, and immediately they deflected to talking about demon designs again.
It's sad that there's so many people who seem to only like mainline SMT because Mara is funny over anything else, but I guess that's why the series is so much more successful after Kaneko's departure.
>>
>>579351012
Shoutouts to my nigga Larrue for actually being super invested into SMT and knowing a fuckload about more behind the scenes shit.
>>
exploration, atmosphere, gameplay and music are top notch and incredibly fun

story is pretty boring but its so sparse that it doesn't get in the way at all. you're just chucked into the netherworld after the intro. don't need a reason, don't need to report back to SAMOORAI base, objective survive. getting back to tokyo was probably the worst part of the game
>>
>>579359045
Regardless of quality, there's a proper attempt.
And edgelords get a boner thinking of the massacre ending and how they wasted 90% of the storyline.
>>
>>579358972
For as shitty as IVA's story is, I can at least respect that it tried to have its own spin on the formula.
V is just going through the barebones motions of what an SMT story is expected to be.
>>
>>579359398
>Edgelords
Call it whatever the fuck you want. Dagda was right every step of the game.
>>
>>579359518
Literally a teenager throwing a tantrum that leads to Nanashi going edgy because Asahi died and wiping out every single living person there because
>muh wind
>>
>>579359514
I don't think it even fulfilled the barebones, look at Yuzuru.
>>
>>579358073
Do you zoomers really need an e-celeb to tell you that prior games in a series exist?
>>
File: yuzu_R8wIY0VH7s.jpg (514 KB, 2560x1331)
514 KB
514 KB JPG
Post cumhaills
>>
>>579359809
we are too old for this board anon
>>
File: file.png (861 KB, 1202x1794)
861 KB
861 KB PNG
Doi has some good demon designs and I'm tired of pretending he doesn't. I love this little nigga
>>
>>579358923
The setting is literally just the conception 2.0 but with copy-pasted cars and buildings instead of Nocturne's fantastic art design.
>>
File: onemoregodrejected.png (302 KB, 514x489)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
Did you do it, anon?
>>
File: 6443434532.jpg (272 KB, 1280x720)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>579359826
>>
>>579358972
I liked SMT V’s story
Only on the second area though
>>
>>579350536
>go to school and see some girl get bullied and have to pretend like it's a serious issue
A demon invasion slaughtered a school and kidnapped a human to become a nahobino you dumb fuck.
For someone who admits the story is barebones you can't even pay attention to what's there.
>>
>>579359992
He cute
>>
>>579356187
>FUCK OFF I HATE YOU I HAVE RIGTH
It's SMTIV all over again.
>>
>>579359992
Gee, how come Atlus let's you have TWO unique skills??
>>
File: 1637631129190.gif (2.7 MB, 498x390)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB GIF
>>579359992
https://youtu.be/BQprK_MtNt0
>>
>>579360012
It's the exact same conception area as Nocturne but the ball collapsed into a blob and the zen garden aesthetic fell apart because no more law it's all chaos.
Definitely worse art direction though I agree.
>>
>>579360351
Eyo, what the dog doing
>>
File: 1623164001234.jpg (74 KB, 828x894)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>579360351
best track in the entire game
>>
File: 1609121386031.png (1.56 MB, 1000x1700)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>kaneko designs are faithful to the myths
>>
>>579347531
>story takes up such a small part of the game
yes and no. Story stays out of the big zones in favor of smaller stories and worldbuilding, but it's a major part of the last 30% of the game and flavors the whole context behind what you're doing/
It's not bad, but it could have been executed better.
I hate that /v/ has swallowed muh SMT story doesn't matter pill. This wasn't true in Nocturne and it's not true now.
>>
>>579360816
a fucking dinosaur
>>
>>579360829
>This wasn't true in Nocturne and it's not true now.
ah yes, nocturne is the pinacle of story telling, nobody can even fucking say what happens in that game
>>
File: Sure.png (3.05 MB, 2880x1620)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB PNG
>>579359992
>>
File: file.png (423 KB, 452x591)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
>>579360816
Pic related is a better example.
>>
>>579352182
> SMT games tended to happen once every few hours and were in most cases just "Demon option" and "Angel option"
this was true in SMT 1 and 2, but Nocturne's reasons explicitly aren't law vs chaos because the core ideas incorporate elements of both.
It wasn't the case in DDS, DeSu, SJ, etc..
Why are we retconning the involvement of plot in SMT games? When did the muh mainline has no story meme come from when Nocturne's Maniax (which got released as regular Nocturne in the US) explicitly made the game more story heavy, made things tie together, paced the game more evenly, etc
>>
>>579361214
> When did the muh mainline has no story meme come from
is it a meme when it's true? I played all games in japanese and only 4 had some sort of story, the rest is just go to objective
>>
File: nsuZPka.png (106 KB, 461x461)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>579360351
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59aiUbCT7LY&t=
It's a remix of Nocturne's map theme, kind fitting I suppose since it sounds like a chibi version of it and a small fox guy is writing on your map
>>
>>579360948
I can. Lucifer spends the entire game taking you out of the game's "intentions" to have you follow down a Reason and kill your comrades in order to assert whatever order you feel necessary. The endings, even the original neutral, all have their pros and cons, but they end pretty disastrously not because they're inherently bad, but because their rigidity doesn't suit the world of humans who have to be more fluid in their thinking in order to survive. The Reasons presented in the game facilitate the endless struggle between YHVH and Lucifer as a way to guarantee YHVH's continued ascension even when demons come at his doorstep to strike him down, EVEN if the Reason is more chaotically aligned. That's the trap.

Lucifer's plan with the demi-fiend is to raise a narrative antichrist who is messianic in a way that defies this order. He wants the protag in TDE to become strong enough in order to be able to break out of these choices, and in order to break out of having to be put in a position where such choices are so cutthroat. It's not a centrist position, which the game actively mocks you for by locking you out of the dungeon. It's telling the players that if they want a potentially better world, they have to literally earn it and go against the order of the world in order to realize it.
>>
>>579361550
most songs on 5 are remixes of something from 4, example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sp6WVq9GLw
>>
>>579361602
>Lucifer spends the entire game taking you out of the game's "intentions"
not in the original, so don't compare the updated version of a game with the original of another tranny, smt 5 will get a ultimax/royal/golden/whatever version for sure
>>
>>579360948
What? You and your buddies get dropped into the conception world and they all go on separate quests to discover themselves and recreate the world in their visions while occasionally running into you. It's a pretty simple story.
The reason why Nocturne works is because it's very efficient with its cutscenes. Every time you encounter one of the core characters their journey of self-discovery progresses bit by bit until you either help them or kill them. Even without getting into the deeper shit with Lucifer it's a pretty easy-to-follow story. And each character is given equal amounts of screentime to flesh out their ideals as opposed to everybody getting shafted so the game can endlessly regurgitate scenes about one dude being a huge bitch.
>>
>>579360351
Is this real
>>
>>579361214
>When did the muh mainline has no story meme come from when Nocturne's Maniax
Because Nocturne was the exception. Nocturne was a big departure from the Megami Tensei formula.
>no MAG
>no demon summoning program
>MC was able to use magic
>no human party members
>no heroine
>reasons instead of Law/Chaos/Neutral

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.