[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Epic is paying peanuts compared to what they get in growth lmao just give it 2 years and they are the main pc store

Lmao they just paid like 20 million for an AAA game like borderlands 3
>>
your point?
>>
>>554322069
>compared to what they get in growth

Yeah growth in people who never pay for anything perhaps.
I'm British btw
>>
>>554322069
Anyone with functional brains knew that epic will lose money for their free games and exclusivity while Steam will keep thriving without doing anything

Tim doesn't want to understand that people want a good services and features to move to Epic, not just games
>>
>>554322234
My point is that valve drones are lying braindamaged tards who propagated for like 2 years how epic is paying hundred millions of dollar for games in reality its just a peanut sale guarantee
>>
>>554322234
The fact that fortnite raked in 2 billion means they can keep doing anti consumer/industry practices by simply (((buying))) their way to most market share without rly taking massive risks.
>>
>>554322407
steam will thriving until epic just growths them out just how every business works
Ebay was thriving too
>>
>>554322407
People claiming games for free in a website means they don't buy said game on another one. How stupid can you get?
>>
>>554322069
>main pc store
Maybe if they actually cared about improving their storefront it would have a slight chance at that. Over 2 years and they still don't have a shopping cart. That shouldn't take even a month to implement.
>>
>>554322480
Bet you're getting paid peanuts too.
>>
>>554322480
They are paying hundreds of millions in all of their games that don't turn a profit
>>
>>554322069
>Borderlands 3 EGS Gross Revenue $77m
>EGS Life to Date Net Revenue $9.2m
>100% of $80m minimum guarantee recouped
>>
DO YOU HAVE A BACKUP PLAN, TIMOTHY?
>>
>>554322069
>$80 million in the first 2 weeks
They say it like no one knows that 90% of any game sells is in it's first 2 weeks.
>>
>>554322069
>>554322480
>>554322739
Nice to see the damage control aint that right rajesh.
>>
>>554322069
what is this hollywood accounting
>>
>>554322253
>I'm British btw
I'm Russian, suck my dick
>>
In other words Epic is losing money. Like everyone knew. Like everyone says. Like the numbers prove. In order to lose money Epic is making the market worse. In order to fight against a "monopoly" which isn't a monopoly at all Epic is using monopolistic business practices which are in truth the entire reason monopolies are bad in the first place. Having one entity in control of something isn't the inherent problem of monopolies; it's the monopolistic business practices that are bad for customers. If Epic had unlimited money it would purchase exclusivity for all games for all time and that would kill competition. What they're doing is monopolistic in nature. It's hypocritical to do this while crying about Steam. Fuck Epic, and fuck you.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.