[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: yak7.jpg (119 KB, 616x353)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
What did you guys think about that ending?
The final scene between Kasuga and Masato at the coin locker was incredible.
I just wish we got a few more scenes between the 2 to really solidify the relationship.
Kasuga says he always saw him as a brother, but it would have been nice if we had seen any scene in the past with Masato NOT treating Kasuga like a jackass.
>>
File: Eqo0eG4XUAYWNQ0.jpg (62 KB, 1366x768)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
I will never doubt RGG again, especially if Ichiban will be in the next game. After 6, I had given up hope of anything good coming out of them, but then in just one game, this idiot swoops in and steals my heart. That ending was absolute kino, the directing, the voice acting and the facial animation were all fantastic.
>>
>>540400892
I think the pacing of that last part at the locker was a bit off
I actually laughed when the thing happened because it was so sudden and it completely broke the atmosphere for me
I get that they're trying to leave the story open but not too open because they're not sure what they're going to do with the characters going forward but jesus it felt a little sloppy
>>
>>540400892
Also why arent they curb stomping Kume? Just finished it today.
>>
>>540402970
I assume someone is gonna get stabbed at any moment after 4? I think?
>>
I just finished it the other day. I had only played the original Yakuza on ps2 before and this one blew me away. Hands down the best RPG I've played in over a decade. Every thing about it just tells you about the passion for
video games these devs have.
>>
>>540403359
I agree, but i ended up using most of their unique classes. With the exception of Saeko-chan and Adachi-san. Maybe i didnt utilize the job system as well as i couldve
>>
I really enjoyed it, it almost made me cry seeing Ichiban like that. I totally did not expect the twist with Sawashiro
>>
>>540400892
Too bad it’s a boring turn based RPG
>>
Loved the game but felt like it dragged on too much.

The combat lacks depth for a 50hr game too, as much as I loved turn based.
>>
>>540403053
>Kume comes back as a major (but not necessarily THE major) villain in 8
>becomes a vigilante murderhobo with delusions of grandeur and heroism, becoming mindbroken after his idol Aoki was an entire sham
>essentially acting as a foil to Ichiban's Gamer Brain, contrasting against it being lighthearted for Ichi and his knowing when to snap back to reality
It won't happen but goddamn it'd be kino.
>>
>>540403615
I spent quite a bit of time grinding most everything up on everyone at the end of the game, but for most of it I kept everyone on their main job, besides Eri who I unlocked very early on accident. The job system is probably my biggest complaint, there could have been more cross class skills or some kind of system to slot your choice of abilities from many jobs. Or maybe a job that has custom ability slots on its own.
>>
>>540404752
Completely missed her, I fucked up bad from the start of the management minigame and essentially forgot about it. Didnt even know aout her until the last 3 chapters.
>>
>>540404752
Speaking of which is there any way to restart that whole Ichiban Confections?
>>
>>540404752
Nanba was the only one I kept on main class, and now I feel like I missed out a lot by not using everyone on their main. Feels like a lose-lose scenario. Cross skills would have been an amazing improvement to the system.
>>
>>540404989
How do you fuck up the beginning of management? You get a RIDICULOUS amount of wiggle room to at least fulfill Nick's first conditions while not yet understanding everything (which is good because Yakuza games historically suck ass at explaining side game mechanics).
>>
>>540405070
I gave up.
Just sold electrical whips I grinded at the battle arena tonget the final foundry upgrade
>>
>>540404989
>>540405070
I feel like it gives you PLENTY of time to fix your mistakes, even with the period limits that Nick gives you. Would assume the Loan Shark option would save you pretty easily?
>>
>>540405170
It's legit just match the people to their affinities and spam next period. Commercial time slots are also insane for gains at a low cost. Don't know how you could possibly fuck up.
>>
>>540404752
To be fair, if they gave you access to many more skills from each job then the jobs would all be meaningless. As it is Night Queen as a job is entirely pointless once you learn Somersault Leg as it's one step down from the pole spin but does the same brainwash effect with an AoE.
>>
>>540405070
>>540404989
I never had any trouble with the minigame. I had one random guy I found on the way to the first time I played the minigame and after that just hired people that showed up in the game. I had plenty of wiggle room the entire way through, and I for sure was not using an optimal or anywhere near the most efficient way through. early on do not be afraid to borrow from the bank or the next worst one but I never had to borrow any past the first goal set by Nick. Investing is more miss than hit usually, so I wouldnt invest early on in any except cheap ones with higher returns.
>>
How likely is it that they stick with the turn-based combat?
>>
>>540405419
I feel like the appeal of a job system in general is the ability to customize, whether the game gives you a 'squire/freelancer' type job, or lets you have a main and a sub, or even just having like 2 extra slots to pick from a pool of all the skills you have learned or something. All examples taken from games that have clearly (referenced by name in game) this particular game.
>>
File: arh8o.jpg (69 KB, 1000x712)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
I like Ichi, what a lovable retard, also the VA is superb, though i didn't expect anything less after seeing Nishiki in 0, the guy is pure Sovl
>>
I loved it, but I hope we get a few more spin-offs before 8, because I want them to figure out what to do with Ichi before he starts lacking stakes in the story like Kiryu did in the PS3 era.
>>
>>540403615
I kept most of my party at default but made Saeko a hostess by chance (and kept her that way after seeing how Sparkling Cannon absolutely rapes for how little MP it uses), and after some waffling I made Adachi an Enforcer.
>>
>>540405116
Joon gi is busted in his starting class, once you get the dragon fists in Sotenbori he becomes the highest single target damage dealer
>>
>>540405638
Not very considering the amount of burn out associated with reusing content and how much easier it is to get people turned off of the series if you keep repeating the same things over and over compared to a more dynamic thing like a beat 'em up. I'd expect maybe one more game and then either a main game every other year or a spinoff utilizing it. This isn't even taking into account that Ichiban has to eventually become a "Legend", and he can't do that with an entire party, otherwise literally everyone on his team is Majima/Saejima/Akiyama/Shinada tier and deflates the title immensely.

You can't simply reuse one map over and over in an RPG even if you make many changes to said map and Yokohama is already very small for a typical JRPG map.
You can't reuse jobs without adding an equal amount of new ones or you bore the people who have to continually regrind the same jobs even if said jobs gain new moves.
You need to constantly be making new types of enemies and bosses (and I couldn't figure out what the "Slime" or "Behemoth" of this game was meant to be that they could even reuse) or people start getting bored. Even in FF's case they constantly reinvent what Bombs, Behemoths, and Chocobo look like just as a simple example, and DQ makes them more polished but DQ is an exception not a rule.
Then there's constant new equipment that needs to be funneled into the game and new outfits.

>>540406000
Han is significantly better in Enforcer even on Normal. There is no reason to use Hitman. Paralysis Prongs is THE best 1v1 attack in the game. It can stun, it does electric damage, it does blunt damage, AND it hits twice. Essence of Shield Rupture does blunt electric damage to every single enemy (and they're typically weak to one of the two) leading to him dealing thousands to each enemy. Essence of Electromagnetic Storm lets you use his pretty good magic stat to do magic electric damage on its own.
Hitman isn't worth keeping him in on any difficulty.
>>
Worst placement of ending credits in a video game ever. What the FUCK were they thinking?
>>
>>540405170
I just goofed up at the start and my expected profit is like 5000. I may be able to fix it but i dropped it. Just upset i missed out on a party member.
>>
>>540406231
well I'll try him as enforcer then, still have NG+ to do
>>
its ok
>>
>>540405116
I made Nanba musician at first because i thought hed buff/debuff but was underwhelmed. Joo-gi was too good to drop and Paralysis prong for adachi was also pretty helpful.
Also i felt Zhao had way too many skills, i only used about 4 of them.
>>
>>540400892
It was dumb as shit, but that's Yakuza in a nutshell
The tweest was the dumbest thing in Yakuza ever, including muh rubber bullets.
Combat was ok but needed way way more depth than it had. It worked but still felt very last-minute.
Good characters all around this time, no one fell flat.
>>
TWO LOCKER BABIES
RUBBER BULLETS
>>
>>540406503
this, what the hell am I supposed to do with Zhao? as a gangster he has 3 special moves and a fuckton of bleed skills that barely work on bosses
Joon gi at least managed to poison the final boss with his skill
>>
>>540406692
Throw him into Breaker or Gangster to use his raw attack power properly. Dude has some absurd numbers behind him.
>>
>>540406692
Zhao does insane damage in the endgame, he's the only one coming close to Ichiban in that department.
>>
>>540406503
Musician's only for the +Def buff, if you're not using the job for that it's really not worth going into it because -Def does not do anything at all in this game, -Atk is only about 100-200 damage less (Which is okay for Normal but useless on Legend), and Ichiban can use +Atk buffs. It also has an issue with the Voltage gimmick nerfing its damage output pretty heavily.
Nanba's best as Homeless, Host, or Fortuneteller. Host is the best in my opinion because you get two highly damaging Essences which also inflict drunk and charm, and Fortuneteller's passed on Fulminating Forecast means you cover all elements. Fortuneteller has high magic but locks you to electric attacks only and its Essence isn't worth it since it's 1v1.

>>540406692
Zhao is Breaker because he has the highest attack in the game and it not only increases it even further but adds agility onto it. Gangster is okay but the issue is it uses bladed weapons primarily and outside of Essence of Jackie Chan I personally felt it was highly underwhelming.
>>
>>540400892
I feel like they made the same mistake they did in Yakuza 1.
Start a new story but then kill off every character because you don't know how long it will go on for so who cares?
>>
>>540404351
>gameplay starts as an RPG but a major event involving Kume snaps him back to reality and now it's the traditional beat em up gameplay for the rest of the game until the final boss fight
>>
>>540407029
>kill off every character
What? Theres only one person of importance to this story who dies in 7. Even then i would say thats part of the story and not because they didnt know what to do.
>>
>>540405638
probably not too likely that they'll stick with it for a long time.
they seem to be doing a thing where they build ichiban up the legend status, compared to kiryu who was pretty much the dragon of dojima from yakuza 1 and onwards.
doesn't make sense to keep it around for ichiban who's supposed to be a developing protagonist as 7, and his tattoo basically suggest that.
they're better off adding the turn-based stuff to spinoffs or new IP's as they'll have more freedom since they won't be stuck with the typical yakuza setting and characters.
>>
>>540407910
On that note, future Ichi games should probably also retire Kamurocho and Sotenbori. They served their purpose in LAD, but one of the big points of the game was to phase out the old era of Yakuza, in several ways.
>The central protag of the old game disappeared into the ether
>the supporting characters who are alive moved onto new, mostly legitimate avenues of life
>the major yakuza factions of the series are dead aside from a few low level stragglers who can't let go of essentially their frat bro days
Makes sense that the big hubs for them shouldn't be prominent anymore either going forward. If anything, make Yokohama the new Kamurocho for Ichi games.
>>
>>540408691
Are you kidding? They've basically set up for a power struggle in Kamurocho AND Yokohama with Daigo and his company having to potentially deal with being sent to Kamurocho for that reason. If anything Kamurocho is even more relevant due to Ichiban's ties to Seong-Hui and the Jingweon.
>>
What are your hopes for Yakuza 8 yakuchads?
>Saeko comes back as part of the main cast again and lets Ichiban help out with her hostess club for a minigame
>Seong-hui joins the party and swaps with Joongi so he can be a leader
>new yakuza factions to fight while they're going wild taking over Omi and Tojo territories
>Ichi real estate minigame because he makes Eri the president
>more jobs, especially for the girls
>a job with a gun
>Adachi becomes like Date for Ichi
>more crafting options
>pachinko gets removed
>gonna need gravure booths back

>if they want the combat to be more dynamic, they need to use the same style as FF4's. I felt like the gameplay in the later boss fights failed to match the same emotions they showed in the cutscene, and it's because of the turn based combat.
>the romancable characters were modelled after talents and they have roles that will still be important in Y8, will they bring them back or replace them
>will Nanba be back because he's modeled after an actor
>>
File: 156.png (326 KB, 1539x1329)
326 KB
326 KB PNG
>>540408691
Nah i'm fine for them keeping Kamurocho and sotenbori as playable areas though i hope they never put them in the focus anymore, just keep developing Yokohama and maybe add new areas.
>>
>>540409265
>if they want the combat to be more dynamic, they need to use the same style as FF4's. I felt like the gameplay in the later boss fights failed to match the same emotions they showed in the cutscene, and it's because of the turn based combat.

this was the biggest gripe for me, turn based combat made the boss fights lose all their potential oomph
>>
how do I get gf bros
>>
File: 1602475629208.gif (1.97 MB, 332x388)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>540410403
Ask them what kind of flowers they like, then give them exactly sixteen bouquets of that flower.
>>
>>540410459
how many flowers per bouqet
>>
>>540400892
It was the best ending in the series for me.

As I've said multiple times before, I really appreciate the fact that the writers had the restraint to keep Aoki as the true villain instead of relying on le shocking tweeests xd.

>I WAS KOREAN THE WHOLE TIME
>>
playing through yakuza 7 for the first time but dodging all substories until premium adventure. am i doing it right?
>>
>>540411119
You might want to do the trash guy one to unlock pawn shop.
>>
>>540411119
You're missing out on summons, a black market weapon shop, and a bunch of people for the money making minigame. You're also going to miss out on an optional party member.
>>
>>540402435
You probably played with EN dubs like a total retarded amerimutt either way so you are no one to judge.
>>
>>540406231
Literally all the other Yakuza games did exactly that though, like minus some tiny locational changes every game just reused kamurocho and sometimes kamurocho and sotenbori.
Not to mention that literally every long running jrpg game absolutely reuses both "jobs" and enemies, including segas own.
there's absolutely no reason they wouldnt go forward with the turn based system, especially after the reaction 7 got.
>>
just give me dead souls on pc and i can get by without ishin and kenzan
>>
This chad walks into the bar and proceeds to slap you and your girlfriend's ass. How do you respond?
>>
>>540411571
I put his baby in a locker and throw the key away
>>
>>540411652
I hope you have fun with the fishies anon.
>>
>>540411571
leave town
>>
File: Aizawa.jpg (17 KB, 360x360)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Hello, I'm the worst Yakuza final boss
>>
>>540411571
tell him its not his baby.
>>
>>540411473
I know you're trolling, but in reality, what's the weebfags argument against the dub? They got really good soundalikes, you're not missing any 'lost in translation' jokes anyway unless you understand japspeech, their acting is great, lipsyncing is clearly automated for both languages...
>>
>>540410459
BOOBA
>>
>>540412112
no he is being quite serious
>>
I felt like making Ichiban Hero class was a bad idea. I though it would be the way to go but Bat Breaker wasnt as strong as i thought. I used body guard for the first half.
Also is fortune teller viable? I used it for Nanba and gave up after an hour.
>>
>>540412112
Not him, honestly i just disliked Kiryu, Im just probably used to his jap voice after 2 decades.
>>
File: eri.jpg (94 KB, 995x561)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>540411473
You're right I did. After 7 games of listening to Japanese, I just wanted a different experience. The localization team put in a lot of effort into making the game more palatable for western audiences, and I was curious as to what the dub sounded like. Is there anything wrong with that or are you one of those people who like to gatekeep niche franchises?
>>
>>540400892
Am I dumb for not realising the bartender is Kashiwagi? His face is so different I never even thought much about the scar, I just assumed he'd reveal his backstory later on.
>>
>>540412290
Make Han a fortune teller for the lulz.
>>
>>540412112
You also had dub Kiryu making his hilarious return
>>
I loved the game, and i know the series is full of asspulls but the Mirrorface part(s) were my only eye rolling moments.
>>
>>540412378
>>540412431
Oh yeah, I've got to admit, Kiryu felt wrong. Majima was pretty much spot on though, and the new characters were really great.
>>
I absolutely hate it that the english voice for bartender/Kashiwagi was Hayter, that fucker should be banned from giving voicework on any media.
>>
>>540412474
yeah. he definitely weakens the plot for me. with body doubles already a thing, they could have went with a more simpler solution for the ending. I feel that Ichiban should have convinced Tendo to make a deal with them, would have made stronger narrative with the whole anti-revenge theme
>>
>>540412821
Seethe
>>
>>540412689
Majima and Saijima were fine, again i admit its probably just having his voice in english.
Also this is a minor complaint but he shouldnt be a Poundmate. Even the short exposition drops in the Korean HQ i wish he kept a lower key.
>>
>>540412904
sneed
>>
File: 1587132168908.jpg (124 KB, 828x1017)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>ichiban running off with masato in his arms

poetry...
>>
>>540412290
Hero is a must for the final bossfight unless you get lucky with literal rng. I loved the game, but that has to be the most worst design trope in rpgs ever, and they just had to include it.
>>
>>540412845
I still dont understand how theres no resolvement about Kume killing Ichibans "Brother" Right in front of him
>>
>>540412978
That was freelance. Hero is the bat.
>>
File: 1608817979619.jpg (99 KB, 1024x1024)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
Will this goddess ever be featured in the series again?
>>
File: 1605322440811.jpg (359 KB, 1320x2048)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
So is true millennium tower actually worth it, or is just more grinding? Loved the game but, as usual, I don't play Yakuza for the middling combat mechanics.
>>
just finished yakuza 2

>kaoru is the police detective's daughter??????
>AND shes half korean????
>AND her half brother is ryuji??????
>wait terada is alive?????
>AND hes korean too?????
>wait that omi guy (who ironically played a korean character in the outrage movie series) didnt do anything until now was behind everything?
>terada is dead (but for real this time)
>ryuji and kiryu are fighting to the death (for no reason)
>kaoru and kiryu makeout session
>kiryu says haruka "will understand" him abandoning her (kek)
>wait terada was actually on our side after crossing sides 4 times???????

yakuza 1 had its cheesy moments but it feels like for 2 they took it to a whole new level
>>
>>540413180
no they will just use another japanese pornstar like they always do
>>
>>540413173
No anon, he's talking about Hero, it has an important skill.
>>
>>540413107
This. Also, a single stab to the stomach with a fairly small knife didn't exactly look fatal either, so that's a bit of a stretch on its own.

>>540413173
Yes, and Hero has the 'survive a ko' skill, which is pretty much the only reliable way to survive god fist.
Funnily enough, after multiple attempts as chef, I finally went back, levelled hero back up, upgraded the bat to almost max, and he never even used the superfist one me.
>>
>>540413259
The first millennium tower is piss babby easy, true final is a massive grind.
>>
Masato is just in a coma.
>>
>>540413303
This is why I hate 2, and the game is a massive slugfest story wise until this section which is just tweest after tweest after tweest.
>>
>>540411489
>Literally all the other Yakuza games did exactly that though
Except the other Yakuza games are far more active, don't rely on stats, offer far more variety in terms of options during combat, gauntlets are handled way better, and you can look past the minor changes because you are only playing the story for around 15-20 hours typically. Just the story alone in 7 is like 40ish+ hours let alone the side content, the area itself is small for what a typical JRPG map is, you are forced to get level ups and equipment just to explore areas (Quick example being in 6 you can run straight to Little Asia and fight the Chinamen there outright, in 7 if you do that you get one-shot). If I released Final Fantasy X-2 and it's 1:1 FFX but I added a couple new weapons, a couple new enemies, and added like one house to each town would you pay full price for that? Would you put 100+ hours into such a game? You get to make your own fun in the other Yakuza games and that ultimately makes the repetition flow to the wayside whereas with the JRPG system you're going to be effectively spamming the most effective way to win and that's it because numerically it's not worth using other skills.
>Not to mention that literally every long running jrpg game absolutely reuses both "jobs" and enemies, including segas own.
FF reusing jobs is fine because they add new jobs, characters, and entirely new areas and enemies or at least redesigns the enemies and constantly changes what "Fire" can end up being. That's not how RGG team does things at all, it'll be the same animations using the same skills against the same enemies except maybe there's a few new types. There's a world of difference between the RGG team and most other JRPG people. Even though DQ reuses a decent chunk of content they change things wildly. Imagine playing a DQ game where the only thing that changed was a couple weapons and they reused the exact same map but they changed one or two landmarks.
>>
>>540411732
He has a shitty story tied to him, but at least he has a cool boss fight.

Munakata has neither.
>>
>>540412395
Gatekeeping is a good thing.
>>
>>540413259
no unless you are a masochist. it is possible to beat it at slightly lower levels, but requires a lot of luck and strategy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z_rO9Cypo8

If there's anything that makes the RPG shift worth it, it's how ludicrously fucking over the top they can make shit in combat with the excuse of "Ichiban's just imagining things"
>>
>>540413385
Oh i see, sorry that was essential for the Kiryu fight but i though you meant the fist fight/QTE final battle.
After Kiryu stomped my shit in i think i over leveled, but i felt Ichiban, at least in my experience, was DMG dissapointing.
>>
>>540413259
Is there another after "Final" I was just doing the first 2 floors to get the 5 mil for "Saijima" to get to L4 at the workshop.
>>
>>540404080
you mean thank goodness it's a turn-based rpg
>>
I don't like the Sotenbori map and I hope the ending doesn't mean it'll stick around. It's just two squares, barely feels like a town/city compared to most of the ones we've gotten in this series.
If we go back to Osaka in future games, which seems likely, I hope we go to a different part of it. Turn Shinseicho from OG Y2 into a fully fledged town or something I don't know.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (101 KB, 1280x720)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>540411732
Nah man, worst boss is easily picture related without a shadow of a doubt.
>See him a whole ONE TIME throughout the entire game for less than ten seconds.
>Not a single side character talks about him.
>Not a single main character talks about him.
>Out of nowhere after an actual good final boss fight this guy appears, forces you into an HOUR LONG Oni Sentai fortress where you hunt keys down, only to appear before him.
>Literally does nothing but run away from you and shoot, and when you do hit him you can only hit him like once before he blocks.

>>540413259
It requires you to grind up a job to 99 and then all the other jobs to at least 30 bare minimum along with having the best EX (Not EX EX, that's optional) weapons for each job and some of the best equipment. It's Legend locked so you can't really use anything that's not 100% accuracy (Magic, Darts Airstrike, Release German Suplex, Shadow Stitch, etc), you're going to take like 600-1200+ per enemy turn, and it's simply a harder FMT since it was DLC.
Just remember that you're meant to play it after a NG+ Legend run, not before that, so you either do a run and then do it or grind for about a dozen hours.
>>
>>540413656
I had him as Chef throughout the whole game and made sure he's first. The AOE attacks made most goon fights winnable in literally one attack, and I never felt the need to switch. Kiryu just deals high damage, so a female healer was able to keep Ichi alive easy. Final boss, though, I would believe that his special attack is just instant k.o. as opposed to high damage.

>>540413470
Is there any precedent for RGG doing jrpgs though? Because otherwise you're just pulling it out of your ass. We won't know how they wlll handle this, especially that they don't have to worry about controls, which are actually hard to get right in a 3d beat'em up.
>>
Goddammit, i lost teh second to last cup in the first race, but i got to go through it again.
>>
Which character would you like to get a spin-off game?
>>
>>540413945
Sorry can you clarify the OHKO? You mean the Masuto Arikawa fight or the Ryo Aoki? I never came across a OHKO for either.
>>
>>540411732
What was with this twist even
Why not just have the final boss be Morinaga
>>
>>540414123
Joon Gi, unironically
>>
>>540413868
ive never played yakuza 5. how expansive is nagasugai, tsukimino, and kineicho in comparison to sotenbori in 0 and k2?
>>
>>540413945
>Is there any precedent for RGG doing jrpgs though?
No, but there's over a dozen precedents for how they make games. 7 itself is still reusing animations from PS2 1, that's how much they still reuse content. It is absolutely a valid concern to think about them reusing content with some additions here and there when it's all they've been doing for the past decade. Yes, 7 has added a lot of new animations and models, but so have Kenzan, Ishin, and FotNS, and in all three of their cases they still reuse animations and many other things from the main games. To assume 8 wouldn't reuse a hell of a lot of content is ludicrous.

>>540414147
Tendo raises his right fist.
If you don't Perfect Guard that attack you get one-shot.
>>
>>540414123
jingweon deserves a spin off but those fuckers will probably make it console exclusive like they do every fucking spinoff game
>>
>>540414147
Tendo's Right Hand of God or whatever it's called. After he 'raises his right hand' or left, not sure, he MIGHT do an OHKO attack next turn. He gets that attack halfway through the fight, one time he literally did it instantly after the cutscene and just killed Ichi in a single turn. Though you could've just gotten lucky, it's literally RNG. As I said, after I went back as a levelled up hero, he actually never did it.
>>
>>540414224
Idk how, but his big attacks did 1/3 hp at best. Im not bragging or anything, i just poisoned and used DEF down and kept pounding away.
>>
>>540414305
How much HP did you have though? I fought him with ~650 per character at lvl62 or so.
>>
>>540414289
Wow, I had no clue. I mean all obvious boss fights i use the save from OHKO skill. but i remember his attakes doing 130 or at most.
>>
>>540414397
Let me pull it up i maybe leveled up once or twice since the battle
>>
>>540414187
Nagasugai is basically Sotenbori on its side in terms of expansiveness. It's roughly the same size.
Tsukimino is small and crowded. It's basically two very long streets with a couple other side streets along the way. The tip top of it is slightly open squares. You're more or less just running on sidewalks outside of one or two of the strip malla reas.
Kineicho's left side is super compact, think of it like Nakamichi's general area in Kamurocho. It feels like that when running around. The right half is super open but there's nothing there at all. The "mall" area is literally used in like one substory and that's it. The park feels pretty open though, it's more like Theater Square but double the size.
>>
>>540414187
Nagasugai and Kineicho were good, I prefer them to current Sotenbori (Zero Sorenbori has the 80s setting dressing to spice it up at least)
Tsukimono looks pretty but it had invisible walls everywhere including in the middle of some streets and there wasn't much to do there compared to the other locations in the game IIRC
>>
>>540414502
>and there wasn't much to do there compared to the other locations in the game IIRC
There wasn't, it's mainly just restaurants, the hostess club at the bottom-left, and snowball fighting at the top-left. The substories make it feel bigger than it is to be honest.
>>
>>540414238
The Jingweon are crazy assholes though, even moreso than the Omi
>>
Tendo would have been 10 times better if he was a party member during the Omi summit
>>
>>540414397
Ichiban had 880, Everyone else was high 700. Again idk but his right hand never was a problem.
>>
>>540414424
I looked it up online, half of the players are frustrated with the prospect of having to change to Hero to get that one skill, half say they had no idea he could even do that.
This has to be their worst design decision in the whole game - even 'true tower', grindy as it is, is just completionist bait and not a requirement to just finish the game.
>>
>>540414594
I could be wrong but isnt he a buyable Poundmate? From the Tojo crest dealer?
>>
>>540414187
I personally hated Tsukimino. The layout is boring, everything being covered in snow made it visually uninteresting, and the invisible walls everywhere made it a pain in the dick to traverse.
>>
>>540414558
Was it just me or did Saejima's bit feel unfinished in general? His town had little to do and his chapter ends just as it starts to get interesting
>>
>>540414652
I just ended up using hero because its on the boxart.
>>
>>540414747
Saejima had the worst parts in both 4 and 5 IMO
Man can't catch a break from the devs
>>
>>540414652
TFMT didn't originally require grind, it was DLC along with NG+. Trophies in 7 required you to do a NG+ run of Legend and beat the game on Legend, and since TFMT is locked on Legend anyway you'd have all your progress from that to work with. It's only grindy in the west because we have it by default and don't have that context or the trophies.

>>540414670
Kamulop sells Daigo and Watase, Tendo isn't one.
>>
>>540414619
There's something strange about it, the dialogues during the fight seem to give you tips, but it's hard to say whether they actually do anything. They do say 'don't pull any punches' for the fist raising aura, as if dealing high damage should stop the attack, but I don't think I dealt that much more the time I beat him, I spammed him with -def and space laser skill each time.
>>
>>540414852
Ah it was Watase, mixed them up. from the icon. Thanks.
>>
>>540414893
Yeah when he first did it i spammed all essence skills, thinking i had to interupt it but again. It would do maybe 300 or so max damage.
>>
>>540415080
Well, I think you just got lucky then. Do a google search on 'Tendo right fist' or something and you'll see how many people have problems with him.
>>
>>540415218
Not him but at 60 he was barely tickling me, and he needed at least 2 right fists to get my ichi into critical, on which I just did a party wide full heal with Saeko idol.
>>
yakuza 8 will bring back the cabaret minigame. coming to you in 2022 and PC 2024. believe it!!!
>>
>>540404351
>kume skips turn order and just fucking murders a party member during your turn (probably nanba because actor face lol)
>we get that kino limit break moment where the game switches to real time beat em up
>>
>>540415261
>>540415218
I think i was at 62, I may have overleveled
>>
>>540415385
Hopefully it's Nanba, fuck him
>>
soulful eng dub > unintelligible jap sub
>>
>>540415436
I liked Nanba, besides me sidelining him for the second half...
>>
>>540403053
He must've just gotten arrested right?
>>
>>540415515
Zhao>Nanba
>>
>>540414224
untrue
>>
>>540415415
>>540415261
I was 62 myself, so no. Depends on the job level though. Found this post, the guy's saying he had 1200hp and still would get oneshotted by him, and as I said, I experienced myself how he would do it right after the cutscene.

You must have just gotten lucky, many people will with a dumb rng fight like this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/yakuzagames/comments/jw5is1/spoilers_for_yakuza_lad_help_with_boss/
>>
>>540415453
Bait but even so implying Ichi's english Va comes even close to Kazuhiro Nakaya shows you're a smoothbrain supreme
>>
any significant differences between the remastered collection and the original releases of 3/4/5? im aware of the tanimura remodeling in 4 and the michiru removal in 3 but anything else?
>>
>>540415638
retranslated, and not always for the better
see baba's dumbass dragon line in 5R
>>
>>540415548
Knowing this series hes Shintaro Kazama illegitimate son.
>>
>>540415694
made me cackle
>>
>>540415595
>resist
So maybe it's a low-damage attack with an instakill effect if it fully connects, meaning no resistances, no evasion etc.?
I know I'm not crazy and many others have experienced the same. I wonder if someone somewhere already investigated what's up with his attack.
>>
>>540415615
Honestly an, im not bragging but it hit me plenty of times and i never got hit hard. It must be a odd varible.
>>
>>540415595
Then it has an insta-kill affect applied to it sort of like when Shadow Kiryu uses a Poundmate. I had Saeko get one-shot with it not from damage twice on Normal.
>>
>>540415756
the series has the same deal with metal gear wher noone snt blood related to some one in the game.
>>
>>540415615
Weird, he never got even my weaker guys to critical during the fight, even tho Saeko idol was just over 600hp Didn't even know there was a special gimmick to the boss.
>>
How you feel about the "real" final fight againts Ryo Aoki/ Masuto Arakawa?
>>
>>540416016
I was worried we were gonna get a Jingu/Munakata type final boss for a moment, glad they did the switch up after it even if it was mostly just a cinematic fight.
>>
>>540400892
Just because a character cries a lot does not mean it's a good ending. I actually enjoyed the story of 7 a lot. Until they pulled 3 retarded plot elements/moments out of their ass.
>>
>>540416153
What happens if you fuck up the QTE's?
>>
>>540415987
>>540415827
I've looked it up on forums. People are mostly suggesting using the ko prevention skill in Ichi, but some mention that the insta-kill effect doesn't always happen on this attack, apparently curse-prevention or status-prevention items might help with that too.

It's like they designed what feels like pretty much an entry-level jrpg which you can get through by just equipping whatever has highest att and def and spamming skills, they suddenly put up a single boss that suddenly expects you to realise you should use special items, stats and skills to maybe but not always have a higher chance at sometimes avoiding an instant death.

What were they thinking?
>>
File: Topical humor.jpg (245 KB, 1200x1349)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>>540415638
>3 HD
Michiru is removed so you lose about three substories and Mack's Perfect Shot is different.
On the plus side you gain like 20+ substories.
The Imperial Japanese flag which is used for one of the families was changed to something else.
Full retranslation, cuts out some censorship but then adds other stupid stuff.
Added back several minigames (Hostess Maker, mahjong, shogi, hostess club).
Added in all the stuff they chopped out for pre-order DLC in the west to the game.
Hostesses and their karaoke songs were changed because of licensing deals expiring and they didn't renew them. Stories are still the same.

There is no reason at all to play PS3 3 unless you can read Japanese. The Japanese PS3 version is the only version that's better than the PS4 version now.
>4 HD
Tanimura was changed due to the drug scandal he was in (He did not do drugs and was effectively dragged through the mud due to a coworker's lies). Both the model and the VA are different.
Censored Akiyama's "Rape" joke by rewording it.
Minor retranslations here and there. They added "poggers" to I believe a substory or the main story progress (It's when you chase that one nerd) instead of them making 420 jokes like in 4.
Hostesses and their karaoke songs were changed because of licensing deals expiring and they didn't renew them. Stories are still the same. To my understanding they use a couple of the ones from 3 HD.
>5 HD
Minor retranslations here and there.
Hostesses and their karaoke songs were changed because of licensing deals expiring and they didn't renew them. Stories are still the same. To my understanding they use a couple of the ones from 3 HD.

One guy said they patched out picture related so I'm not 100% sure on what the deal is with some of the meme nonsense in the new translations but this did exist for a time.
>>
All this talk about Tendo and I'm just glad I put on Peerless Resolve. I beat him with ease, until I was insta KO'd when he had 10 hp remaining, but then revived by peerless resolve.
>>
>>540416374
To be honest, after running the sotenbori arena a few times, i just mashed optimized gear. I wish there was a stage select so i could go back. It was about a 40 min attrition battle. but we(my party) was never in danger.
>>
>>540416517
Half of the 20 plus new substories from Y3R are boring as fuck hostess shit.
>>
>>540416657
You still get things like the suicidal guy and his cheating girlfriend, teaching English, and the ice cream stuff. It's still new content compared to what we originally had.
>>
Rate Yakuza 6. I heard the reception of it here on /v/ is a bit mixed.
>>
>>540416517
>Tanimura
That poor bastard got fucked. But hell, Its their culture so whoi am i?
>>
>>540416517
>They added "poggers" to I believe a substory or the main story progress
Please tell me this isn't true
>>
File: Eoi8uvjXMAAv-4e.jpg (363 KB, 1920x1080)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>540416705
I agree, the US release was terrible but Y3R still doesnt add much to justify its cuts and localization butchering. It's still nice to have content, those substories are pretty great.
>>
>>540416517
looks like 3 is the biggest update but either those new translations are the devs just taking the piss or they actually thought that level of localization was necessary. with yakuza devs, its hard to tell
>>
File: 1605137345996.png (229 KB, 317x285)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>540412112
The dub voice acting is good, not as good as jap, but pretty good. It's about Persona 5 quality.. HOWEVER they added a FUCKTON of swear words, and I think it really hurts Ichibans innocent and dumb optimism Charm. In jap he only swears when somethings genuinely fucked up or hes really caught off guard, like Kiryu.
It is kinda minor though, both are pretty much the same, it's not like your opinion is that diffrent cause you're too lazy to read.
>>
>>540416750
Good new content, great substories, most of the new characters are good, awful final boss, really poor balancing, bad final game for Kiryu since barely any of his friends appear. It's a mixed bag really.

>>540416820
https://twitter.com/kojimads/status/1239418094256300032
>>
>>540413385
>a single stab to the stomach with a fairly small knife didn't exactly look fatal either
To be fair, Masato by that point was already severely beaten up by Ichiban to the point he was struggling to even walk and had laboured breathing, so i don't think that's too far fetched.
>>
>>540416750
Worst in series but still an 8/10 same as 3.
>>
>>540416517
If i remember correctly Saijimas story(suplexing a bear) immediately transitions to The Idol part right?
After the prison part i went to show my mom how far games have come from Contra on the NES. Fuck...
>>
>>540416950
Are you kidding me dude, that's because he named the hostess Poggers in hostess maker you absolute idiot.
>>
File: bully_vatista.jpg (144 KB, 1100x1078)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
I'll be honest, I actually kinda adore Kiryu's dub voice-acting. Don't bully me for my opinion.
>>
>>540416871
Even so it's far better than what we originally had. It doesn't excuse what they cut but it's significantly better.

>>540417025
Yeah, I just saw that in the tweets. My mistake.
>>
>>540416950
a comment on the tweet

>To clarify for anyone wondering - that is just player-inputed names as part of the hostess minigame. Kiryu doesn't say poggers.

>The Yakuza team got a lot of heat from anti-localization weeblords, who were stirring up anger with this (along with memes that slipped by editing).
>>
>>540416750
The overall "Yakuza Twist", was dumb. But i enjoyed my time with it.
>>
>>540417064
Dubs are shit so I will bully you for having vomit inducing taste unapologetically
>>
>>540416517
I don't remember that line when I played the game a few weeks ago, and I definitely would've caused a fuss if I saw it.
Maybe they patched it out or something.
>>
>>540407029
>but then kill off every character
RIP Nanba, RIP Adachi, RIP Korean Vergil, RIP Saori, they all died after the FIN.
>>
>>540413303
>>540413454
Is Yakuza 2 suddenly the biggest brainlet filter now?
>>
>>540416517
>minor retranslations
the whole game was retranslated. Most of the time, it's just the same line worded differently, but it's definitely not like they changed a couple lines here and there
>>
>>540417025
Good fact checking. It didnt bother me honestly, because i havent played it in years. But i hate false cotexts.
>>540417068
Good on you man to own up. We all make mistakes. Even Ono Michii-Cun
>>
>>540417225
What was so big brained about 2, enlighten us with your PhD in storytelling.
>>
File: bully.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>540417123
>>
File: 1608147403383.png (498 KB, 2116x2160)
498 KB
498 KB PNG
>>540417314
I'll heckin bully you all I want you dubfag, get on your knees.
>>
>>540416517
https://twitter.com/mooglegirl3/status/1201239237259120641
To clarify here's the "420 blaze it" thing. Pretty sure this was in OG 4 in some different way.

>>540417262
With 4 and 5 I've only ever seen people say they tweaked some but not all lines, I didn't know it was a full retranslation like 3 was. They never seemed to bring that up compared to 3. Though I guess with 3 it would make sense to bring that to the forefront considering how poorly the original was done.
>>
>>540414123
>Jung_gi
>Akiyama
>The fat guy in Okinawa from 3, it would be fun to build him up to a badass, in a really small scale conspiracy.
>Play as Daigo in a game where you manage the Tojo as his major side game
>>
>>540417292
Thinking that merely having a twist is inherently bad writing while ignoring all of the justifications and foreshadowing the story actually provides.
Bitching about "muh secret koreans" is even more dumb than bitching about "muh rubber bullets"
>>
File: 1608457469225.jpg (49 KB, 750x408)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>540417442
>>540417165
Because it was fake, the only one who covered the poggers stuff was OneAngryIncel off some edited stuff back when the collection released. The 420 blaze it jokes are still there, there is no variation of the word poggers used in any of the remasters
Please stop fearmongering.
>>
>>540417680
I believe 420 blaze it was patched out after people bought it to one of the translators attention
>>
File: Riona on dating Mitsuo.png (1.27 MB, 852x1440)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>540417680
>off some edited stuff back when the collection released
This just makes it even harder to figure this out.
Okay, so all three games got full retranslations, we know the Akiyama rape joke was changed (But not the audio) and we know the 420 joke is there. We know they faithfully kept the translation of Riona's instead of changing it like OG 3 did.
Besides that is there anything else noteworthy at all? I don't mean to fearmonger, it's just things I recall seeing people mention and complain about with regards to the localizations so I thought I'd bring it up. Then that "rustled my jimmies" thing might also be one of the edits rather than a real thing and I've been tricked for months.
>>
>>540417616
show me the foreshadowing of terada being jingweon
>>
>>540416928
Imagine caring this much.
Are you Wapanese?
>>
>>540417923
There's still one Jingweon survivor unaccounted for by the time of the finale, and of the two young survivors that Kazama spares during the raid has a nearly identical hairstyle.
>>
>>540418169
>Yo so, this literal who character from the last game.... WAS A KOREAN!!!!
yeah amazing storytelling
>>
>>540416750
It was first game on new engine. Game was ok. But it was terrible as last Kiryu game.
>>
>>540417923
Didn't Majima even only in 2 bring up that Terada was doing fishy stuff with the Tojo Clan and intentionally weakening it? You could argue that has as much to do with his Omi Alliance ties than it does with his Jingweon ties though.
>>
Unrealated question, but i make short stories. Ive been working on a feature length and ive taken maybe 20% to use in my story. Mainly the personal relationships and some of the messages. Ill probably okay, right?
>>
>>540418283
>literal who
He was one of Kiryu's only allies in the Omi Alliance in 1, was crucial in saving Haruka, and was someone he trusted enough to leave the Tojo in his care.
What the actual fuck do you mean "literal who?"
>>
>>540418465
*20% from the Yakuza series
>>
>>540417907
The Jimmies one is true. I saw it back when I played 4HD.
>>
File: lel.jpg (4 KB, 150x150)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>540400892
>muh gay weebshit movie melodrama
>>
>>540418169
>and of the two young survivors that Kazama spares during the raid has a nearly identical hairstyle.
Is y2 cutscenes different from kiwami 2? Because terada had a buzz cut in the flashback and that entire flashback cutscene is specifically shown when terada already reveals hes jingweon, not before
>>
>>540418465
>>540418538
Hard to say, but generic mafia and family relationships aren't copyright protected. Thought 'lifelong friend who turned evil because everyone kept comparing him to me' would be kinda obvious to fans.
>>
>>540418656
I'm trying to find the original cutscene from 2 right now, but it's taking a while because everything is only from Kiwami 2
>>
File: file.png (2.34 MB, 1920x1080)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
>>540417907
audio: Ikimasu! (Let's go!)
>dialogue: this shit
>>
>>540418730
It has no ties to the games, call me a fag but ive been moved by some of the characters morals, as altruistic as they may be.
>>
I just started the game a few days ago, managed to grind out the management game today so I got lots of money now. Im at chapter 5, what mini games do I keep playing? Any tips on getting good weapons or leveling?
>>
>>540418601
not sure a fan of that series is in a position to criticize j-drama the game series
>>
These threads made me buy the Y6 Collectors edition and the Yakuza remastered bullshit. I love this series so much, fuck....
>>
>>540419001
>Any tips on getting good weapons or leveling?
You should craft the Thunder bat or whatever it's called from the workshop if it's unlocked by then. It's a great Ichiban weapon.
>>
File: 1599360900557.png (218 KB, 779x749)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
Kenzan and Ishin sometime soon.... haha..... ha...
>>
>>540419001
>what mini games do I keep playing
Whatever you find fun. Any of the major rewards can be bought for money later on so you don't need to worry too much.
>Any tips on getting good weapons
The cheap stuff in minigames are the best ones in the game once you upgrade them. Ichiban's best weapon is his starting one, just upgrade it and it gains electricity plus a great modifier. Keep in mind that the only things you can upgrade are crafted weapons and the best weapons in the game, so if you didn't craft it it will eventually become the best one.
>or leveling?
Literally does not matter until postgame. Once the Yokohama Underground unlocks do it ONCE and only once, don't grind it. When Battle Arena unlocks do that ONCE then finish the story. In postgame you do the final chapter's dungeon and hunt hobos.
>>
>>540419240
I’d rather have dead souls
>>
>>540419432
Why would you openly admit to have brain damage?
>>
>>540419240
it’s almost 13 years since kenzans release. haruka becoming an apprentice to a prostitute will never be rewritten. give up
>>
>>540419240
those fuckers won’t even release judgement on PC
>>
>>540417602
>Mikio from Yakuza 3
Unironically that would be incredibly interesting. Maybe have a fitness minigame or something. Make the story about him becoming a Okinawa yakuza legend.
>>
>>540419432
>They will never take Binary Domain's improvements and implement them in a Kiwami styled game.
>They will never make fighting zombies smoother.
>They will never add new substories and consolidate old ones so that we get some better ones.
>They will never make Grandpa Amon actually fun.
Dead Souls Kiwami would be cool, but Kenzan absolutely does need it first if only because of the blocking and the missables. Emulating Dead Souls fixes up the framerate issues so that's half the battle fixed already.
>>
>>540419803
I only want Dead Souls kiwami so we can get that substory where Majima gets Daigo to dress up as a woman in full HD
>>
>>540418656
>that entire flashback cutscene is specifically shown when terada already reveals hes jingweon, not before
Turns out you're correct on that. I could've sworn it was shown earlier but I guess I was wrong about that.
But even then, the quality of a twist depends on how well the factors leading up to it check out. Even if it wasn't foreshadowed as much as I thought it was, it still makes sense and doesn't break the narrative.
The player knows there's still one survivor left, the big twist is that it's Terada, and then the game goes on to properly explain how it adds up.
>>
>>540419803
Why would you want them to ruin Kenzan's engine? It does ragdolls 20 times better than DE and it's a 15 year old game.
The blocking is seriously a non issue except on Ex-Hard in which case you should know what you're doing.
I seriously dont want the dragon engine tainting any more games than it did already.
>>
>>540414123
Ryuji spinoff seems so obvious at this point, there's no way he's actually dead given the shit other characters have survived
Always thought Dr Emoto was cool, if he could fight at all he'd be good protagonist material for this series but you could also mix Trauma Center type gameplay in there
>>
>>540419537
what could they change haruka into without altering too much of the main story (or any related substories?)
>>
>>540420196
Nothing, she should be a prostitute like the original Kenzan, if taxi driver can tackle child prostitution then so can a game set in fucking feudal Japan.
>>
File: tenor.png (189 KB, 640x516)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HjviSmv1Tc
>>
>>540419991
>Why would you want them to ruin Kenzan's engine?
Because I don't mind the Dragon Engine at all outside of the blocking system and want to not only see how they deal with a weapon-based game. But also because I don't want people to have to deal with the dozens of missables in it and Amon AND Gion being locked out if you progress the game at all.
>It does ragdolls 20 times better than DE
I have genuinely never had an issue with the ragdolls outside of how far guys get flung if you punt them. That's my only issue. PC K2 is the only time they've ever actually been detrimental to me and that's clearly some sort of glitch/not intentional.
>The blocking is seriously a non issue
I played it on Hard. Amon's fight is literally you getting two hits in unless you reach his back, common encounters require you to constantly change targets every couple hits and then it's a slow game of backing off until the guy opens himself up or Heat Actions, and the Hozoin Tournament is a nightmare on some of the stages because of the restrictions. The 2H one is horrible due to the constant blocking. The only enemies you can reliably wail on are sumo wrestlers who themselves have super armor randomly. Ninjas are also a pain in the ass in combat but they're a pain in the ass in all the games because they do the flips and dodges no matter what.
Sekishusai and the tengu are good examples where the blocking system is a pain in the ass even though I like his fight a lot because he will block and then immediately go into a sway slash. Itou's fight is equally as annoying because he loves just sitting there blocking.
>>
Yakuza 7 did Majima justice, which I really liked. He wasn't just "le wacky meme man".
>>
File: binary_domain.jpg (122 KB, 1000x1000)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>540419803
I just want Binary Domain 2, please SEGA. That's all I ask ;_;
Oh and also Shining Force 4 while you're at it.
>>
>>540420602
I mean that's the case for most games. He has serious moments in 3 while 4 and 5 treat him more seriously than not.
I think the only games where he's just a straight up meme lord are 2/K2 and K1.
>>
>>540420427
So good
>>
>>540420292
>>540419537
>>540420196
if kenzan was to be released in the west, wouldnt it just be rated A for the mention of child prostitution? I know Steam wouldnt give a shit but would Sony and Microsoft not allow it on its platform?
>>
>>540420746
Yes, but since K1 & 2 are the most recent games I was afraid they were going to keep playing into that.
>>
>>540420841
Sony would allow it I believe. Microsoft does not allow AO games on its store.
>>
>>540420602
It wasn't just 7. He stops being a meme man starting on 3.
>>540420515
6 still had issues of blocking K2 armed bosses blocked the shit out of you. And DE ragdolling is honestly embarrassing
https://youtu.be/ULsF59qJepQ
>>
>>540400892
Y7 and death stranding are the only video games to get crying right.
>>540411741
he knows. in he heart he knew the moment he set his eyes on that boy but his brain couldn't accept it because it made no goddamn sense
>>
>>540417225
I liked Ryuji (even if he was a total jobber), Majima's story and the cabaret club return but the main plot was shit anon. It was just twists for the sake of twists
>>
>>540421058
K2 is garbage
>>
>>540421058
>It was just twists for the sake of twists
Name a single Yakuza game that doesn't have "twists for the sake of twists"
>>
>>540414123
Aren't the games picking up popularity in China and Korea? I didn't finish Chinese Majima's drink link but at least Vergil has some sequel bait even thought he doesn't have necessary MC potential on his own.
>>
all yakuza main plots are shit but thats ok because the gameplay is so ridiculous that a ridiculously stupid plot just enhances the experience
>>
>>540416871
>Y3R still doesnt add much to justify its cuts and localization butchering. It's still nice to have content, those substories are pretty great
I was born and raised in Florida so Y3 holds a special place in my heart. all of the heat in Y3 reminded me of home, humid and hot. Y3 really captured the feeling of being in a place thats too goddamn hot.
>>
>>540419240
Literal pipedream
>>
>>540421338
I agree 3 is comfy as fuck
>>
>>540421241
Yakuza 0 and K1 were pretty straightforward for the most part and laid out the foreshadowing well. K2 and up is just full of retarded shit (muh koreans, muh orphans, muh rubber bullets, muh koi surpassing the dragon, Haruka being a whore, the twin locker bullshit...)
>>
>>540421269
i know in korea, 0-k2 introduced a lot of koreans to the series. no clue about china
>>
>>540421390
i said the same thing about yakuza 3-5 honestly but dreams do come true!
>>
>>540421429
>K1
lol Jingu says no
>>
>>540421429
The final acts for 0 was just a bunch of unnecessary twists, the whole "we don't need Makoto alive" thing was just for added melodrama
>>
>>540417907
>We know they faithfully kept the translation of Riona's instead of changing it like OG 3 did.
It's still changed/censored as fuck, that original Japanese line is pretty offensive.
>>
>>540421650
>>540421661
>for the most part
>>
instead of making haruka an interesting character and fleshing out her celeb story from 5 they decided to just make her get pregnant at 18 and make her a bedridden mom in 6. why??????????
>>
>>540421020
>6 still had issues of blocking K2 armed bosses blocked the shit out of you
Exactly, but even though I hate it there you can still continue your finisher or combo when you get blocked without them instantly reguarding on the next hit (Well, most of the time since it's quite egregious in Judgment). Breaking a guard in Kenzan or 3 means they instantly put theirs back up again within one to two hits even if you are using finishers and they have a break system where X amount of hits equals a break. 3 at least has a way to deal with this via SSSTT opening enemies up but outside of reaching someone's back I can't really recall a way to do this in Kenzan without the guy immediately blocking again. You can do the dance of hit --> get blocked --> walk back and wait until they move --> attack until they block but that's about it.
>And DE ragdolling is honestly embarrassing
The only real difference I can tell is Kenzan's ragdolls are more stiffer (Except when in the air like in 2:08 where the player nods) while DE's are more floppy. If you knock a guy onto a railing for example he flops just like how the guy did at 2:08 when rubbing up against the side of the wooden staircase. In DE the only difference would be the guy would spin around sometimes.
Wouldn't this be an easy thing to fix just by increasing their weight? That would fix how far they get punted as well. Because to me they react to the environment the same way, any fight in Theater Square or against the benches in Little Asia should show that at least.

What specifically is off in DE that looks fine in that Kenzan footage because I'm seeing what I see in the DE just less rubbery.
>>
>>540421805
Gotta have a twist bro, you can't make a Yakuza game without a twist
>>
>Have a great foundation with 0/K1 style combat
>Drop it for better graphics in 6 and K2
What the fuck was their problem?
>>
>>540421768
Jingu is literally less foreshadowed than Terada is anon
>>
>>540421805
Her & Kiryu's relationship was getting too weird in 5, it needed to be destroyed to protect Kiryu's purity
>>
>>540422031
Engine bloat.
They were reusing the same underlying stuff since Kenzan, just with a graphical upgrade from 5 onwards.
>>
>>540421805
>become famous idol
>reveal to the world you were raised by yakuza for no reason and retire
>work in a bar for no reason
>preggo
BRAVO YOKOYAMA
>>
>>540422031
I mean the styles type of combat can carry over as seen in Judgement, they just don't want to do it
>>
>>540422347
>>540421805
Kiryu fucking Haruka would've been more in character than what happened in Y6
>>
>>540422426
wow theyre just like my bethesda!
>>
>>540422526
Not even Judgment got it right. All of the new moves you unlock are for the red style, there's no upgrades for blue style.
>>
>>540422521
She went away because her presence was causing issues for everyone else in the orphanage thanks to the dumb shit she did at the end of 5. Which is running away from the problem maybe but whatever.
She goes to Onomichi because it's close to the prison Kiryu was at (reminder that Kiryu was in prison for property damage of all things lol)
She was supposed to lay low the entire time but messes up at that too, and the rest is history
>>
>>540421805
there exists a yakuza 6 game in an alternate universe where you run around as haruka doing substories involving television acting, radio programs, and dealing with wacky japanese celebrities
>>
>>540422595
Sure but that's more incompetent design/balance than it is the engine being incapable of doing it
>>
>>540422745
sounds like a vita spin-off
>>
>>540422031
The fact that you couldn't grab enemies on staircases?
The fact that you couldn't really use the entirety of the environment in fights (I.E. shops) and were instead limited to whatever props they gave you?
The fact that fights had to be exited via a loading screen even though they managed to get intros cut out from Ishin on and you were locked into a small circular arena where you started (Or were teleported to an area if it wasn't good enough via cutscene)?
The fact that gauntlets required constant loading screens to do anything in the form of QTEs or doorways just to load new sections whereas in the DE they have entire gauntlets where you and your buddies go through multiple rooms floors without being stopped at all?
The fact that in gauntlets you were stuck in fight mode which meant you couldn't explore unless they put you in exploration mode, but in the DE you get to move through cracks and stuff while still being in fight mode?
The fact that movement was far stiffer and you couldn't do simple things like climb over a railing without a QTE? Take the K1 Arase segment for example, in order to jump over to Arase you need to go through a QTE where Kiryu jumps over it for you, but if it was in the DE you would punch the guy with the gun and run across yourself while still in gameplay.

I liked how solid the old/new engine combat felt but the engine was being pushed to its limit and they were clearly starting to get tired of making hacks to work around simple things. Hell, even general encounters feel like enemies are far more random and active than the way they acted in queues in the older engine.
>>
Was 5 truly the San Andreas of the Yakuza series?
>>
>>540422745
>>540422521
haruka reveals she was raised by yakuza at the end of 5 not at the beginning of 6. still stupid either way, a lot of potential killed for nothing
>>
>>540422949
>were teleported to an area if it wasn't good enough via cutscene
Man that stuff was super noticeable in K1 and North Star
>>
>>540422975
what does this mean?
>>
Have we learned what happens if you fail Nick'a conditions yet?
>>
>>540423315
Toshihiro Nagoshi called it as such because it was a "massive expansion on the core concept that takes the franchise to new heights"
>>
>>540423435
is he only saying that because they introduced 3 new locations?
>>
Who's dying in 8?
>>
what's nick's deal anyway? Calling it here, in the future games there's gonna be a tweest where he was the big bad all along.
>>
>>540423605
and 5 total playable characters
>>
>>540423625
A character that is introduced for the very first time in 8 and we have to pretend to care about
>>
>>540422347
Haruka definitely didn't see it as a normal parent-child relationship anymore by/during 5 (the constant implications that she was into older men, her thinking of herself as the mom of the orphanage and Kiryu as the dad, her declaration that she just wanted to stay by his side forever at the end of the game, etc) but Kiryu almost certainly did, plus his ability to avoid getting laid is simply too powerful
>>
>>540423625
Akiyama
>>
>>540423625
Adachi
>>
>>540423735
4 had four playable characters so hard to see five playable characters as being the big leap for a “massive expansion”
>>
>>540423847
>>540423851
Daigo
>>
>>540423625
Mitsu
Kume if he reappears too

>>540423726
There's no way he wasn't a last minute replacement for Akiyama who they may have had issues getting the VA for or something
Hope he sticks around but having a mega-rich buddy seems too convenient maybe
>>
>>540423625
Majima
>>
>>540415548
>gets arrested
>ends up in the same prison Sawashiro's in
>>
>>540423825
>>540422347
so what youre saying is that yokoyama thought what he wrote was too weird so he decided to just take a massive dump all over haruka in 6?
>>
File: Mitsu.jpg (381 KB, 470x630)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>540423956
Can't see them doing Mitsu in when he's also in Online. If anything that gives him more plot armor.
>>
>>540424159
yes
>>
>>540423901
5 was the beginning of the expansive minigame side-stories that became a series mainstay from then onward
>>
>>540424159
I can't speak for the other anon but I was half-joking in my post
I did see others saying that it felt a bit Usagi Drop-y at the time 5 came out though but that's just on here, no clue what Japan thought
>>
>>540424187
Online runs ok on Bluestacks right? I'll try it one of these days, just following that blog you mentioned before which is translating the stories at the moment
>>
How do I become as cool as Kiryu, bros
>>
>>540424459
Well you already have the autism covered, so you just need to work out a lot, start smoking and wear some flashy clothes.
>>
>>540424459
Go to prison
>>
File: 1608445582115.png (417 KB, 790x815)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
>>540416750
It's Yakuza 3.5 in style, I loved it. Yeah, I know it cuts back a lot stuff from 5 like different protagonists and battle styles, but I like it because it's the finale for Kiryu so it's fitting to step back a little, go to a small town and only play with him. If you dislike 3, you aren't gonna like this one.

It also was the first game with the new engine so I gave it some margin of improvement.
>>
>>540416750
Personally, I loved it.
Onomichi was maximum comfy and besides the stupid secret, I enjoyed the story and the final Someya fight was probably the highlight of the game.
>>
File: Ishin Ichiban.jpg (497 KB, 1792x828)
497 KB
497 KB JPG
>>540424352
They have a client you can play on PC, you don't even need Bluestacks.
https://ryu.sega-online.jp/
You need to make a Japanese Sega ID, it's the giant red button there. Figure that out yourself, it's straightforward.
Click ゲームダウンロード and install it. Make sure you rename the folder it installs it to because unless you are on JP locale it will always crash with the 龍が如く name as a folder.

Keep in mind it's not really worth playing unless you can understand some portion of Japanese though. Even if you are just dicking around you need to know that 無料 means "Free", you need to understand what cards are worth upgrading (This you can gather from Taiman battles at the higher tiers or via websites), and you need to understand how to generally upgrade and equip stuff.

Taiman battles are open from the start and are PVP (Do not click the random button or it crashes unless you are on an actual phone or JP locale) but Donpachi battles only start once you've cleared three full scratch cards for whoever you sided with (Daigo, Saejima, or Majima) and it forces you to join a guild for raids against other players, there's events every week that rotate out for free SSR cards (Typically not that great) and equips with abilities (Worth it), and you have to do the defense missions (The green/white shield) for equips and stuff.

F2P is fair enough but the paid currency is quite stingy, it's 30 a day with a couple hundred from events, but you need 1000+ to pull anything reliably. It will also take months before you get anything good. I lucked out and started in November, they did rainbow Ichiban at the end of December (Got him first pull thank God), and then New Years had a majority of the good Legend cards up for 1500-3000 jewels, but as far as I understand the good pulls are few and far between. If you don't know what to pull for you're screwed. At best I can recommend:
https://h1g.jp/ryu-ga-gotoku-online/
GT can help with effects for weapons and cards but not much.
>>
Does 3 have any bullshit substories? Considering the reputation, my interest in 3 consists of just beating the story but ai may try to clear all the substories as they come up since they lock again.
>>
>>540414123
>tfw no Arakawa the Assassin spinoff
>>
>>540422949
Mans doing full on damage control for the dragon engine
>>
>>540425431
Give an example of a bullshit substory from another game
>>
>>540425431
Define bullshit
All the substories are the same as in the other games, no missable ones and some are tied to hostess dating and one to that garbage hostess maker which can be done quick with a guide.
>>
>>540423326
Extension
>>
>>540425431
3 or 3 HD? 3 has three missable ones, 3 HD has them in addition to two more.
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/yakuza-3-na-eu-ps3/trophy/14231-substory-completionist.html
This lists all of them.
>>
I’m never fighting Amon in K2 because of this stupid golf minigame. Fucking hate this shit
>>
>>540425295
Cool, thanks. Know a little Japanese but will be wary of the requirements, just want to try it at some point really out of curiosity.
>>
>>540425647
3 has no missable substories
The Rikiya/Haruka ones can all be accessed in premium adventure.
>>
>>540400892
>call the game "yakuza"
>main protagonist is literally a hobo
It has to be illegal.
>>
File: ________________.jpg (167 KB, 1222x861)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
UOOOOOOOH
>>
>>540425740
It's doable even with bare minimum knowledge, and if you played a gacha before a lot of stuff is still very similar mechanics-wise. Really, the only thing you need to make sure you do is pick good pulls and stay patient. The game makes you bleed through stamina and money though, fair warning. I'm basically getting by on money handed out via events to upgrade my characters since the weekly one only gives like 300k for 20 stamina.

>>540425821
In both 3 and HD? What about the couple one? Doesn't PA also reset some of your completion list like Kenzan? I used that list to make sure I didn't miss them so I never missed them personally, but I believe you if that's the case since you probably played it more recently.
>>
File: 1608787137722.webm (2.82 MB, 1280x720)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB WEBM
>>540426214
>>
>>540426342
No it doesnt in 3 or 3 HD, and the completion list doesnt get reset either, in Y3R as well.
>>
>>540426214
any games with ultra high quality models of wool?
>>
>>540426451
Good to know for my HD playthrough then, I was eyeing that list like a hawk on PS3 after Kenzan's plethora of nonsense. Also good to know about PA since Kenzan only keeps the crafting progress in PA.
>>
>>540412112
Playing a fucking Yakuza game with english voices should be a crime.

>>540416928
>It's about Persona 5 quality
So dogshit?
>>
>>540426602
Kenzan has a lot of weird stuff like that, and also how it handles progression in a super non handholdy way, I still think 90% of that comes from people playing with a guide
If the game were localized those issues wouldn't be as severe, I'm still against a kiwami of kenzan because I really like the 3 4 and Kenzan engine a whole lot, and Kenzan had ragdolls which is really cool.
>>
File: 1607509668539.gif (1.32 MB, 284x178)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB GIF
>>540426214
>>
>>540426723
>If the game were localized those issues wouldn't be as severe
The substory issues would pretty much disappear because the options are so obvious in games after it that are in English, but the issues from missable Heat Actions, missable kakemawari and bounty missions, Gion shutting down, and melon cutting Heat Actions would still be there. The monk tells you to visit him regularly which is all well and good, but he sometimes only gives you them right before you go to the boss fight (Kojiro 1 if I remember right is one of those cases). If you don't know about PA wiping your list that also just adds to the issues.
>>
File: Little Match Girl.png (703 KB, 849x478)
703 KB
703 KB PNG
>>540426214
Got Little Match Girl flashbacks when I saw this.
>>
File: 1608455567271.png (130 KB, 351x318)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>>540427125
>>540426214
>>
>>540427436
Nice one dumbass
>>
File: Goldsmith.jpg (18 KB, 378x329)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>540426214
>>540427125
>>
>>540426395
Is there any fanart of Koyuki wearing those panties yet
Asking for a friend haha
>>
BROKE IT
FIX IT
ROCK IT
>>
File: 10737228-1591813631.png (2.05 MB, 1920x1080)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
>>540428496
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufFXeZvQUvA

Literal Payday music
>>
>>540428496
I'm not even a huge fan of techno music but 7s ost is really just absolutely full of bangers. That being said I still wish they had more normal instrumental tracks because the ones that play when ||youre rescuing zhao || and ||fighting tendo|| stick out the most in my memory

the Chinese tower track in particular doesnt get enough love shits great
>>
>>540429819
it's been like this since judgment (maybe K2)
seems like they got new composers around then, with the ones they've had from 5 - 6 not returning.
>>
File: metal.gif (2.53 MB, 330x205)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB GIF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1uTTDU8PZ4
>>
>>540429971
I was just surprised given how little I cared for most of k1s ost honestly.
>>
>>540429819
Nice discord spoilers
>>
>>540430582
i always forget about K1's OST outside of tracks like it's version of for who's sake.
i think that's the only song i can say that's better than the original version.
>>
>>540430730
On another note I dont know how they managed to make a soundtrack where it felt like I had a kino moment where the special actions coincidentally lined up to the music perfectly literally during every boss
>>
>>540431053
I know, in a counter not the Idol skill with thr ravers always seemed to remind me how much fun i was having.
>>
So theres someting else after the "Final" Tower right?
>>
>>540408785
>Give me another brawler in Kamurocho!
Ugh.
>>
>>540431454
The small things like han constantly bobbing or the breaker idle stance brought a smile to my face even when it was off beat lol
>>
>>540431964
Its such a well done game, i fall in love with the series over and over with each release.
>>
File: 2jjq0sl23oe51.jpg (127 KB, 771x1172)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>540400892
>Y0, Judgment, and Y7 all have godly writing
>Y6 was terrible
Unironically, what happened?
>>
>>540432353
not enough cute arthoe girls
>>
>>540432353
Y6 has its moments
>>
File: 2eaf468.jpg (539 KB, 2048x2048)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>540432520
I know, right?
>>
>Its real
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coin-operated-locker_babies
>>
>>540432736
it does but it's still really inconsistent and awful compared to the other 3 titles.
>>
>>540411571
Betray him to his surprise and kill him since he's too tunnelvisioned on his own plan.
>>
>>540411571
>never see him fight
>never see his tattoo
lame
>>
>>540411571
Tell him to give back Majima's shirt
>>
>>540411571
I was kinda shocked how good his outfit looked on ichiban in combat ngl

I hope ichiban gets design updates as his games go along outside of his tattoo
>>
>>540433449
Well yeah of course it is. Japan used to have really strict restrictions on abortions so women would just dump their newborns into coin lockers. Used to be a pretty big problem.
>>
>>540432353
>Yakuza
>godly writing
lmao.
>>
>>540422347
my theory is that Haruto's was at first Kiryu's son BUT Sega thought the game would not get localized with that plotline so they opted to change it
>>
quick whats the worst part of judgement?

for me i think its all the drone stuff
>>
>>540436507
Crane style senpai
>>
>>540436507
Tailing missions. Drone racing is one of the best minigames.
>>
>>540436507
Tailing missions are the dullest shit ever
Also the detective parts felt like a retarded dumbed down version of Ace Attorney
>>
Why are the recovery frames on attacks so long in Judgment? I'll attack someone and then Yagami will stand there for a full second before I can do anything.
>>
ichiban's games should be a progression in terms of gameplay, in order to properly showcase his gradual growth into a legend.
something like turn-based > action RPG with fewer party members > action game > another action title that has no RPG stuff (assuming his saga consists of 4 games)
it'd be a lot better than several turn-based titles then a sudden shift to action, or on turn-based title and a sudden shift to action.
he's the only character i think you could pull something like this off with.
>>
>Minigames in Yakuza 7 are actually really good this time around
Kart racing, Movie shows, karaoke, business management, can driving...like damn, they did good.
>>
>>540400892
I'm playing through this game right now (at chapter 11).
I like the gameplay and Yokohama, but the story SUCKS. The narration and dialogues are so forced and cringe full of shonen cliche. There's absolutely no reason for our Dragon Quest party to be involved in ANY of the Ijin 3 conflict and there's no reason for any of their leader to welcome us and treat us nicely. And I hate how everyone is such a moralfag when they're tolerating fucking yakuza and mafia doing crimes in the shadow.

Worst Yakuza in terms of writing ever.
>>
Eri (clerk) and K-pop (hitman) are so fucking strong it's not even funny.
>>
>>540438704
>Worst Yakuza in terms of writing ever
Nothing will ever beat rubbet bullets anon.
>>
>>540438874
they'll make a yakuza, cry out for its mommy.
>>
>>540438704
Ichiban does have a reason to be involved and the others are just following him basically
>>
>>540438369
>business management
>good
At least in 0 I could go and do something else while waiting for my payout, in 7 I have to waste time watching the pointless unskippable animation and playing RPS with shareholders
Agree with the rest though
>>
Great = 0
Good = 1
Average = 2, 6, 7
Shit = 3, 4, 5
>>
>>540439765
t.Nishiki
>>
>>540439563
>muh nonomiya-san
Nanba was the best character until he rejoined the cringevengers for no reason
And Ichiban is too much of a special snowflake. He truly is the chosen one, by the writer.
>>
>>540439765
Enjoyed 5 the most even if the Haruka section was a drag
1 really isn't that good, people say it has the leaat ridiculous story which isn't even true, it just has the least amount of story and what's there is still dopey
>>
>>540440850
I personally agree with the fact that it's one of the few Yakuza games where the story doesn't go full retard, my only real issue with the plot is that Jingu could be cut almost entirely and the plot would be better off for it.

Gameplay wise, is just a slightly improved version of 0 for Kiryu and the only bad thing is Majima everywhere grinding, they really should've toned that down.
>>
File: 1534089203620.jpg (866 KB, 1920x1080)
866 KB
866 KB JPG
>>540441481
>they really should've toned that down
I just wish that after you got him to the highest rank you could just turn it off. It gets really frustrating when working on the completion list only to get interrupted by Majima.
>>
>Toaster can boot up Kenzan but can't get above a steady 10 FPS even at 480p.
>Went through all the trouble of converting my save files too.
Realistically how good of a CPU do you need to make this go from "Compiling shaders" to playable? Because right now I'm getting like 8 FPS at 480p with no sound and it even hangs on menus despite jumping to 30 FPS sometimes.
>>
>>540437030
What's wrong with Crane style?

>>540437763
eh, I don't think you need 4 games to show any type of progression and the rpg elements aren't going away since they were in Y6 too (having to buy and relearn all of his fucking skills again...come on).

Changing the combat could be a good way to show character growth but who knows. I can't really tell what the response is to the combat. You have tons of people who hate it so much so they don't even buy it then you have people who play it and say good at best, tolerable at worst
>>
>>540443041
>What's wrong with Crane style?
>Slower than Tiger with some of the finishers and the flourishes feel like they take longer to finish.
There's one of the finishers where Yagami does this overhead kick sort of thing where he spins and because it's so slow some enemies can knock you out of it before it lands from what I remember.
>Wide leg sweeps + Dragon Engine blocking + enemy groups = constantly getting stunned from bouncing against the enemy guards.
>Low damage.
>Has nothing like Flux Fissure.
>Requires EX Heat to make the style usable or even good.
It is actually absurdly overpowered in EX Heat to the point that I went in it exclusively on any of the fights in Paradise VR just for security and mobbing on high damage enemies.
>Gets less upgrades than Tiger does in general.
It's got a lot of issues, and Tiger repeatedly gets more upgrades that are far more helpful like Flux Fissure, super armor, damage increases, etc.
>>
holy shit dub kiryu in 7 lmfao. You guys are crazy tho, dub majima gives off a completely different feel.
>>
File: 1609463731556.png (1.09 MB, 1625x1091)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>Majima fight
Could they please make this difficulty a baseline for the entire game
>>
>Mirror Face actually had a major impact on the story
Honestly ruined the gotcha moment
>>
>>540446027
it's got to be easy for the boomer non-gamer audience in japan, even though they may not be the majority.
>>
>>540425478
Bacchus
>>
>>540423625
Horinouchi
Takabe
Daigo
>>
>>540407220
>Arakawa dead
>Aoki dead
>Ishida dead
>Mabuchi dead or hiding.
>Head of the seiryu clan dead
>Tendo probably dead
>head of bleach Japan dead
>Sawashiro in prison forever.
>>
>>540442904
im playing it on my pc from 2010, i only get framedrops in gion
>>
>>540423825
Feels like a shoujo manga writer may have been involved in 5 somehow
>>
>>540447287
Mabuchi is MIA
Tendo would've been arrested
Ogasawara was an exposition device
Sawashiro isn't dead though you've decided to include him whilst still knowing that
>>
>>540447331
Man, I must be more out of date than I thought.
Phenom X4
>>
The stuff in Zhao's drink links should've been main story content honestly
>>
File: 1580523178654.jpg (73 KB, 800x450)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
Is it my shitty PC or K2's optimization is complete garbage I swear I can't get the game to run at an acceptable framerate.
>>
>>540447956
These games are just not well ported, it either runs great or barely runs at all
>>
Do you think they'll reuse any of the playable characters in Y8?
Adachi got his closure and I don't think they'll pull a Date 2.0
Nanba got his closure and from what they've been hinting it feels like him and Saeko might hook up
Eri has 0 chance of returning
Joon-gi and Zhao have little chance of returning unless there's more Ijincho plot but I can't see it
>>
File: 1582725986017.gif (347 KB, 255x255)
347 KB
347 KB GIF
>>540448134
Fuck me, there goes my plan to play all the Yakuza games this year.
>>
>>540447956
It's more likely the latter than the former but K2 in general isn't exactly the best port. 7 is a much better DE port but they didn't backport whatever it is that made it run better on PC.
Keep in mind the PC ports are weird, K1 and 7 are fine to my knowledge but 0 has broken minigames and K2 has broken physics and minigames don't function properly if you go over 30 FPS.
>>
>>540448223
no idea honestly.
they've only spoke of wanting to do more with ichiban, and they're pushing more than anyone else (obviously because he's the new protagonist going forward, and they're establishing that)
i myself can only see zhao being playable in some capicity, since he has fuck all going on after 7.
>>
>>540448223
Nanba will get the Y3 Kaoru treatment and get written out
Adachi will be around but not playable, will be Ichiban's equivalent to Date
Han will be around but not playable, too busy being Seong-Hui's bumboy
Zhao will be promoted to being Ichiban's best friend because he's pretty much the same as him in a lot of ways and has nothing going on at the end of Y7
Saeko will still be around and personally I reckon she'll still be playable. She was already there right from the April Fools trailer, I feel like the devs consider her to be part of the overall vision for Ichiban's story.
Will probably be a mostly new party next time though, yeah
>>
File: 1597708093101.png (238 KB, 428x428)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>>540448374
The only problem I had with 0 was the inventory glitch and K1 ran smoothly all the way through. I've spent the last hour trying to find the right setting for K2, but nothing can seem to fix the abysmal framerate. Do you know any mods or patches to for this shit?

>Y7
Runs at 0 frame rate because lolregionblock.
>>
>>540448979
Did you make sure to turn down SSAO I think the option is? One of them forces supersampling and you might not realize it. You can also try turning shadows down one setting. Like I said above I'm on a toaster but even on what I have it's running at an unstable high 20ish at 1080p on medium so as long as you're at 1080p you should be able to get something decent.
https://cookieplmonster.github.io/2020/01/18/silentpatch-yakuza-kiwami-2/
This fixes minigame issues but nothing regarding performance in general.
>>
>>540449353
Yeah, I turned the SSAO off and it sill ran at low 50s FPS. Let's see if the patch is any help.
>>
File: Scarface 1983 2.jpg (178 KB, 1200x794)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>540400892
I loved the scene before THAT scene.
But THAT scene was so fucking melodramatic I couldn't stop laughing at how it was.
WAKAAAAAAAAA and then the fucking music drops bro I can't.
I chuckled with tears in my eyes. Should've just been silent with a heartbeat audio in the background imo.
>>
File: 049_Masaya_Abe_Card.png (215 KB, 290x385)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>540448223
Nanba's getting written out because he's an actor.
Adachi won and most likely got his pension back due to directly uncovering a conspiracy that cost him his job and pension so I can see him returning as a minor side role like Date but not a party member. Dude's already one of the oldest party members in the series, pretty sure The Florist is younger than him.
Saeko I can see working to pump Ichiban information but she was already on shaky grounds as a party member to begin with and is one of the ones who really shouldn't be in combat. Someone like Seong-Hui makes far more sense since she at least has experience whereas Saeko has no combat experience but is being thrown at government level assassins. Remember that outside of Ichiban's delusions their power levels are all over the place.
Eri is never spoken of again outside of mentioning Ichiban Holdings blew threw all of its money or something.
Han should be stuck like glue to Seong-Hui so unless something drastic happens that Ichiban needs his help with or Seong-Hui commands him to help Ichiban I don't see it happening. They're both way too busy with restructuring the Goemijul and Zhao's group.
Zhao is the most likely to return as a party member specifically because he's as free as Ichiban and has no ties to anything at this point. He has ties to Yokohama because he's going to keep an eye on Seong-Hui but besides that he's got nothing.

I'm personally expecting Mitsuo to be a guaranteed party member but the rest who knows. Getting guys like Abe or Kitamura from Online would be cool since we'd get to see the mainline take on them and they already have character design, VAs, and general backstory at the ready. They just need a 3D model.
>>
File: ErW5CkBVgAM3Wrm.jpg (568 KB, 1131x1600)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>>540449353
It runs fine now after I applied the patch. Here, have some anime tiddies.
>>
>>540451406
Glad it worked out then, I didn't realize it helped out performance since it seemed to just be a general fix for minigames if you're over 30 FPS.
>>
is Kamuro of the dead in Y7? I really liked that mini-game
>>
I never want Yakuza to return to Beat em up. I Love the RPG gameplay.
>>
File: snap015.png (48 KB, 480x272)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>540452272
Judgment only. Black Panther 2 has something kind of similar but that's it.
>>
> Sawashiro never takes off his shirt and shows his tattoo during his fight

shit game.
>>
>>540450662
Explain that part about Nanba.
I will be sad if Adachi doesn't come back. His English VA was incredible.
>>
>>540452392
Same. They just need to refine it. Plus they can keep making spinoff like Judgement to use beatemup combat.
>>
>>540452443
>it's just a coin locker
>>
File: 1411862856106.webm (266 KB, 740x416)
266 KB
266 KB WEBM
>>540454490
He's played by an actor and they're typically one-shots when it comes to Yakuza. Baba's been the only one who has reprised his role twice and Yagami's been the only one who has been the lead character in a series who may get a second game. A TV/movie actor reprising their role isn't something you should expect to happen in this series.
>>
>>540448223
Seong-Hui better be playable next time
>>
Yakuza is a boring moviegame series
>>
File: bone.png (331 KB, 849x477)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
>>540450662
>pretty much all the party members are unlikely to return to the party
yfw Ishioda survived the explosion like Mirror Face did and becomes a reluctant party member
>>
File: frodo.jpg (36 KB, 400x399)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Why didn't the Seiryu clan just have Aoki Ryo assassinated?
>>
File: 1449122897139.jpg (32 KB, 189x189)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>540434807
>I hope ichiban gets design updates as his games go along
>mfw in the next game he changes from a maroon suit to a white suit
>>
>>540452392
I only want beat em up gameplay back if they actually change shit up and refine it. Judgment was a good start, there were a lot of interesting stuff in it but it didn't change the core
>>
File: 1582282176051.jpg (111 KB, 538x569)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>540458272
His suit design is already Kiryu's suit and shirt but with the colors swapped, so I doubt they'd go that far.
>>
>>540458220
Aoki was the governor of Tokyo. He is under constant security detail.
>>
>>540450662
>Saeko really shouldn't be in combat
Another trip fag filtered.
>>
>>540459959
>Has no fighting experience at all.
>Only thing the game ever established is that she's a rough woman who can handle herself but never demonstrates any actual fighting prowess, just that she's a hardass.
>Only reason she's with Ichiban in the first place is to find out who killed Soap on a Rope.
>The further into the game you go the more tenuous the reasons for her to even be with Ichiban as they have found out who killed him AND avenged him by stopping Mabuchi, everything afterwards is primarily Ichiban's own personal goal to stop Masato.
>Despite having no experience in fighting since she's, you know, a random barmaid she gets involved with a group of former elite Korean hitmen, Japanese hitmen, Chinese hitmen, professional assassins, a murderous boxer, and the Japanese underground from both Kanto and Osaka.
She and Nanba are both low on the totem pole, at least Nanba gave the excuse of him studying fighting techniques when you get to the Sawashiro 2 fight. It's never established if Saeko is even helping in fights at all through dialogue since Ichiban is an unreliable narrator.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.