[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Buckaroo-Banzai-PS-2016.jpg (600 KB, 1024x680)
600 KB
600 KB JPG
Not even a fan of the movie but this end credit sequence has soo much fucking soul to it. I want to go back, PLEASE LET ME GO BACK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!FACT!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah6TYuJ1iQg
>>
>>179735526
What's the over/under that Perfect Tommy has a crush on Buckaroo?
>>
>>179736278
perfect tommy is perfect, it is buckaroo that has the crush.
>>
>>179735526
>PLEASE LET ME GO BACK
did you see it in the theater when it came out?
>>
>>179735526
Any other films where the credits are the best part?
>>
this movie is "too much", i get the idea but fuck this is such a slog to get thru. but yea the credits is cool
>>
>>179736555
>>PLEASE LET ME GO BACK
>did you see it in the theater when it came out?

No but I miss the era which was a golden age compared to the last 30 years and especially the last 20 which have been an unrelenting nightmare!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>179736799
you are nostalgic for a time that you did not experience?
it was good, and I feel sorry for zoomies and understand why they are drawn to older media
we didn't watch older media much back then
>>
>>179737012
>you are nostalgic for a time that you did not experience?
>it was good, and I feel sorry for zoomies and understand why they are drawn to older media
>we didn't watch older media much back then

I was born in 78, yeah, I'm old, but there was a feeling during that era knowing that you were in a time and place that was special while the nostalgia only gets brighter as the future grows darker!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>179737757
born 67, and the 70s-90s didn't start feeling special for me until 2007
but I remember a time in the 80s when my friends and I would just go to the movie theater without any idea of what was playing and pick out a movie when we got there, and we usually enjoyed them
>>
i was born in the 80s but there were $1 theaters into the 90s that were cheaper than a babysitter so i saw lots of old run and weird shit.
>>
>>179738277
>born 67, and the 70s-90s didn't start feeling special for me until 2007
>but I remember a time in the 80s when my friends and I would just go to the movie theater without any idea of what was playing and pick out a movie when we got there, and we usually enjoyed them

I envy you and wish I could have been born sooner. Personally, I wish I had been born in 1948 in Los Angeles, went to Berkley in 1966, then moved to Britain in 1968, stayed until 1982 when I would have moved to New York and stayed there until 1987 and went to Japan, then Hong Kong until 1997, then Thailand until my death.

!!!FACT!!!

!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>179738563
>Bezerkeley in the late 60s
>sleazy NYC in the 80s
interesting choices anon
I lived in NJ outside NYC in the 80s. As a teen, it was great. We'd get off the PATH and go up to the street and get bombarded with people trying to sell us anything and everything.
>>
>>179738725
>>Bezerkeley in the late 60s
>>sleazy NYC in the 80s
>interesting choices anon
>I lived in NJ outside NYC in the 80s. As a teen, it was great. We'd get off the PATH and go up to the street and get bombarded with people trying to sell us anything and everything.

I have a fixation with Times Square between 1972-1982. The grindhouses, sex shops, Screw magazine, Studio 54, CBGB's, Plato's Retreat. To me it would have been Valhalla to have been there during that time until crack and AIDS ruined everything. I have no delusions that it wasn't sleazy, dirty and dangerous but it feels to me that late 70's New York's was both at its peak and nadir!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>179739013

Some of my favorite books about Times Square are...

Sleazoid Express by Bill Landis and Michelle Clifford.
Ghosts of 42nd Street by Anthony Bianco.
Tales of Times Square by Josh Alan Friedman.

!!!FACT!!!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.