[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>hey man like throw away your entire life and piss in peoples food with me lol

Why do guys take this movie so seriously again?
>>
>>174546261
You'll never be a woman
>>
>>174546261
What life did he have to throw away exactly?

His life fucking sucked.
>>
>>174546261
AHHH I HAVE TO TRAVEL FOR MY INCREDIBLY EASY JOB AHHHH IM GOING INSANE I WANT A NUCLEAR FAMILY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>174546261
>Like hey man just slave away at a bullshit job and consume products, devoiding your life of any meaning
>>
>>174546261
you guys dont have anything at all, not even what little Ed Norton's character has in this movie.

Plus you weren't around in the 90s when this was written so unironically its a movie for a different time- even though it predicts much of what is happening today.
FWIW the book has an ending that makes it philosophically different than the movie.
>>
i've always found it hilarious how some retards will take this movies message seriously, when the entire point of it is to show how retarded it is and its just a man who completely lost his fucking mind
>>
>>174546261
Half of Fincher’s films insist upon themselves, the other half are kino.
>>
>>174546261
kek chuck fraudniuk btfo
>>
>>174546261
That’s all you took it away from it, eh?
>>
File: Sam.jpg (10 KB, 237x213)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>174546298
He was an investigator for an automobile manufacturing company. He was required to make decisions based on data, whether certain vehicles had to be recalled. There might have been some instances where vehicles weren't recalled, and entire families burned to death because of such, and those decisions would have weighed heavily on his conscience. How's that "easy job" treating you now, pardner?
>>
>>174547020
Should have wrote a book exposing the dirty secrets of his industry and made serious money.
>>
>>174547020
that's not his fault and his job would exist no matter what. if the laws have created an externality then the solution isn't to bomb all the credit card companies. the solution is to close the externality. Change the laws to incentivize change or make not changing more expensive.
>>
File: 1253968723.jpg (12 KB, 255x198)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>174547234
>if the laws have created an externality then the solution isn't to bomb all the credit card companies
For you.
>>
>>174546284
Fpbp
>>
>>174546370
the book fucking sucked and i'm tired of pretending it didn't
>>
>>174546261
>Why do guys take this movie so seriously again?
because all men should strive to crush authority.
>>
>>174546261
>But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery.
Happiness is an abnormal state that makes us uncomfortable. I'm somewhat wealthy and yet I feel most at peace after a challenging, hard day's work. Fucking, eating, movies, games, they're only fun for so long. It's an evolutionary tool to ensure we never stop progressing.
>>
>>174547020
I'd kill puppies all day if it meant that my job involved traveling across the country constantly
>>
>>174547730
typican chud psychopath
>>
>>174547020
>weighed heavily on his conscience
Not a real thing.
>>
File: T.gif (2.86 MB, 400x311)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB GIF
Lots of based posts in this thread.

I remember the first time I watched Fight Club in my teenage years. Must have watched it 10+ times since then. Even bought and read the book. It was very deep and thought provoking as well as cool and fun. In my last few watches it started to get repetitive, which was a couple years ago in college.

I just recently got a corporate job, been at it some months. My mind wanders back to this movie. The things it says hit different when you are going through the exact modern life pain the movie tries to depict. Even the part of "We've all been raised on television to believe we'd grow up to become millionaires, movie gods, and rock stars... but we won't... and we're slowly learning that fact... and we're very pissed off." I mean, if I quoted every line that is really speaking to me right now, I might as well copy paste the whole script.

>Why do guys take this movie so seriously again?

It starts superficially, it really does. Wanting to look as good and be as cool and brave as Tyler. Wanting a group of male friends who are masculine and care little about anything other than fighting. Or just the unique, underground feel the whole movie has.

But eventually it becomes more, I believe. The things the movie says are not just witty one liners any more. You are hearing harsh truths about life being conveyed to you via an edgy Hollywood movie of all places. A mirror is being put to your face the whole time and you don't even know it.

Some anon said this movie was made for another time. I agree, but the thing is, not much has changed since then at it's core. And what has changed has only gotten worse not better. Which is why this movie still hits hard.

In the end, after all these years, Fight Club was and still is right about everything.
>>
>>174546298
At what part of the movie or book does he want a family? Fucking idiot.
>>
>>174546295
Based and redpilled.
>>
We're chuds anything that makes normies seethe is our reason to live. Its all about spite baby
>>
>>174546372
brainlet take
>>
>>174550037
no it wasn't lol it's an extremely ripped brad pitt telling you "self improvement is masturbation" while you stare at the screen slackjawed thinking "i need to buy that same coat he has and get abs". the movie is edgy trash for edgelords, always has been, and it's not surprising that edgelords buy into it without realizing that all tyler durden does is create another corporation within a sea of corporations where human life is worthless and it's all about the collective cause. you show up for work everyday and some monotonous voice is reminding you how shit you are while you slave away for a boss who doesn't give a shit about you yet you still wish you were just like him. it's hilarious how retards like you can't understand that the paper st soap company turned anarchist group is a parody of the very same workplace "jack" rebels against from the beginning. you're an idiot lmao, and it's pathetic that your dream in life is to hold hands with some shitty street urchin who feels bad because you shot yourself.
>>
>>174547115

You're forgetting that people are too retarded to read now and wouldn't be able to comprehend what you had written.
>>
I have to admit Tyler is literally me
>>
>>174551796
Wrong
>>
>>174547730
absolute brainlet take lmao. you've never lived out of a suitcase in a different hotel week after week for a month at a time, have you?
>no washing machine in hotel
>or it has (one) but someone leaves their gym clothes in it for half the day
>you need to go meet with clients but you forgot to pack enough underwear because you didn't account for getting sweaty in the plane and you can't wash your clothes cause this is fucking Iowa and there's no goddamn coinop anywhere so you smell like shit
>check into hotel, it looks nice and is expensive but it has bedbugs and you wake up the next morning covered in welts wondering if they laid eggs in your suitcase and you'll take them home with you
>work calls and needs you to help with a project remotely, so you go to a starbucks to use the wifi but some kid is blasting music on his smartphone and you can't concentrate
but yeah tell me more about your neat roadtrip, dumbass. traveling for work is a fucking miserable existence, I did it in Japan for five year staying in company apartments and hotels (I stayed in over 30 different apartments from yokohama to hokkaido) and I'd never fucking do it again, and that's fucking japan with business hotels with actual fucking washing services and more convenience baked in, I dread going to the one or two conventions I travel for now living in NY because despite all the after hours drinking being fun, literally everything else sucks massive, massive cock.
>>
>paranoid schizophrenia is...le cool
>>
>>174551890
^_^
>>
File: harold.jpg (60 KB, 960x554)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>fight club is a few philosophical questions about modern life explored on film
>niggas butthurt 20 years later because it almost made them think and that was the most painful experience of their lives
>>
>>174546261
its sad that people don't realize that tyler durden is the villain and he is a representation of the main charectors lack of understanding of what true healthy masculinity is. he is just as much a toxic byproduct of modern culture as the main charectors impotence.
>>
How did a lonely schizo beating himself up behind a bar gain a following?
>>
>>174547340
all of chuck's books are terrible
>>
>>174552122
theres a scene in the movie where tyler durden and the main charector (people call him joe/jack) are looking at a bus ad, its a calvin klein model who looks skinny and emasciated and has ripped abs.

tyler durden looks at jack and says "is that what a man looks like?"

and jack shakes his head no and they both share a cathartic knowing smile.

WHAT IS THE IRONY OF THIS SCENE? BRAD PITT WAS SKINNY AND EMASCIATED AND HAD RIPPLING ABS FOR THE MOVIE, HE'S SAYING HE'S NOT ACTUALLY WHAT A REAL MAN IS. TYLER DURDEN IS THE VILLAIN.
>>
>>174552122
it's sad that you're a tripfag and just regurgitate talking points from jewtube
>>
>>174546261
chuck palahnyuk is a communist faggot
>>
>>174552204
Rant is good, but that's because it borrows the structure of Lexicon Devil which is about the Germs' lead singer Darby Crash (and also basically copies Darby's influence on people as the main character in Rant is a very similar figure). Highly recommend Lexicon Devil but Rant is still good, and Survivor is pretty good too.
>>
>>174552122

>you can't have fun watching a movie about a villain
>every movie needs to be Disney with clear cut good guy and bad guy
>>
>>174552330
I accept your concession fag.
>>
>>174546261
It was the equivalent of refusing to eat the bugs at the time
>>
>>174551796
>it's an extremely ripped brad pitt telling you "self improvement is masturbation"
I did find the incredibly ripped and good looking Brad Pitt telling you "Heh, nothing matters, bro." to fall flat.
>>
>>174546261
one of the most midwit movies ever, doesn't ever try to even bother why his coworkers earn a living, just reddit protag syndrome
>>
>>174552404
Except you retards aren't doing it because Tyler is le fun, you are instead justifying his actions and acting like he had a point.
>>
>>174552122
If that was the point it wasn't communicated that well. The cultish aspect of their organisation and people dying is scary, but their ultimate goals are portrayed positively populistic, with the "wiping the debt" and stuff.
Similar with Tyler on an interpersonal level, it seemed like he had a very good relationship with Marla, the only problems came from him acting like a schizoid because of the split personality shit
>>
>>174546370
This dumb faggot thinks he's the only millenial on 4chan for some reason.
(holy shit what a stupid, stupid faggot)
>>
>>174546261
>>174552204
Did you expect anything written by a man that eats cum to be good?
>>
You are not supposed to idolize him. He's not a perfect human being that can do no wrong.
>>
>>174552451
but that’s kind of the point isn’t it? to resent charismatic and beautiful people
>>
>>174546261
man this was peak 90's fashion right there. wish that shit would come back. it was like retro 70's with a little bit of 50's bachelor pad added in
>>
>>174553252
Unfortunately the point that everyone took away for the most part was that Tyler Durden is a badass.
>>
its allegory for how toxic men are. without a woman they'll just be bitter, angry and nothing to live for
>>
>>174546261
i guess people need a reality check
>>
>>174553431
>>
>>174553455
>>
>>174553485
>>
File: durden.jpg (159 KB, 1024x1024)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>174553525
>>
>>174553577
>>
>>174553616
>>
File: marla-and-tyler[1].jpg (152 KB, 512x768)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>174553648
>>
File: image[1].jpg (221 KB, 1080x818)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>174553708
>>
>>174553750
>>
I know its kinda missing the point but I really want a replica of the yin-yang table from the beginning of the movie
>>
>>174553399
>toxic
this word needs to be destroyed. only fags and feminist retards use it.
>>
File: 1617425473773.jpg (169 KB, 894x866)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>174552122
>its sad that people don't realize that tyler durden is the villain and he is a representation of the main charectors lack of understanding of what true healthy masculinity is. he is just as much a toxic byproduct of modern culture as the main charectors impotence.
>>
>>174553859
woah, look at this chud seethe! good thing he's not in any way, you know, *the forbidden word*
>>
>>174552350
literally
>>
>>174553940
wow can't believe that guy who said that thing you quoted looks like that, i will never trust him again
good thing you look like
>>174553485
so i know how trustworthy you are, your chudness.
>>
>>174551968
Just wanna say nice blog post anon.
>>
>>174551968
All of those problems are fixed by planning ahead a bit better, don't project your failure to think ahead on others
>>
>>174553399
Women owe me sex (lots of it)
>>
File: transgirl.png (369 KB, 456x405)
369 KB
369 KB PNG
>>174553942
>woah, look at this chud seethe! good thing he's not in any way, you know, *the forbidden word*
>>
File: IDK.jpg (625 KB, 2058x2003)
625 KB
625 KB JPG
>>174546379
Kino: Seven, The Game, Panic Room, Zodiac, Social Network, Gone Girl

Insist upon themselves: the rest
>>
>>174547234
>Change the laws to incentivize change
I'm embarrassed for you.
>>
>>174554174
>Insist upon themselves
Did this phrase start here or is this a general phrase?
>>
>>174554244
It's from the family man
>>
>>174551796
>no it wasn't lol it's an extremely ripped brad pitt telling you "self improvement is masturbation" while you stare at the screen slackjawed thinking "i need to buy that same coat he has and get abs".
I never felt that way
>>
>>174554073
>never traveled for work
you have no idea lmao. it's similar when I lived in a different country for five years, and tried to talk about it with american-only people.
>i wouldn't get culture shock because i'm very cultured and relaxed so i would always be able to figure out what's appropriate
bitch culture shock is literally when something so alien happens that you freeze and keep doing the wrong thing like a retard or fail to do the correct thing like a retard because you have literally never been confronted with the situation before. don't get me wrong, i'm always amused with how smugly confident my fellow americans are, which is why laughing at tourists in Japan when they fucked something up and tried to get me to assist was the best. so here, let me give you another example, retard
>>174554073
>go to a 4 day conference
>on day 2 be suddenly asked to moderate a panel on day 3 last minute because the other person got covid
>need to be on stage in front of 200 people asking questions to a panel of three well renowned industry figures
>brought enough shirts for everything but these were more casual dressy-shirts because you'd be wheeling and dealing in the background collecting business cards and sneaking a sneaky beer here and there with new industry contacts and no one wears a tie for this
>brought ties just in case but they don't match with the two shirts you have left
>no clean solid white shirt left, you had reserved that for the business meet at the start of the conference
so what do you do faggot. if the answer is "bring extra shirts", nope, too bad, you were diligent with your planning already and packed just under the weight limit with everything you needed in your carryon for the conference. you won't have an answer except "fucking deal with it and like, buy a shirt or... uhhh" because traveling for work fucking sucks and there will be twenty versions of this scenario at least, none of which you could totally plan for.
>>
>>174554148
cute pic, how many more do you have saved on your computer to jer... oh i mean own the libs with? is it a 5gb file? 5tb?
>>
>>174552468
>midwit
opinion discarded
>>
>>174554374
the fact that you even need to announce when and why you might discard opinions on 4chan is so pathetic
>>
>>174552939
spare the faggot brackets reddit nigger
>>
>>174554358
I just got that one off the internet just for you, sweet cheeks. Now, stop using the word toxic like a bitch.
>>
File: 1635049618049.gif (2.79 MB, 498x367)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB GIF
>>174546261
>your only choices are consooooooooooooooming or living like a hobo and trying to bring about anarchy
Damn, real big brain stuff.
>inb4 the point is to get a gf
The writer wrote some sequels as comics. They're miserable together. Fight Club is as swallow as American Beauty. It's as deep as the faggots here going
>bro I wish I wasn't working in a cubicle with air conditioning and was breaking my back in the construction
My dad's a fisherman and his body is broken. But noooo, you faggots see
>boat in water fookin based
like little children. You can call it "soul crushing" or whatever other bullcrap, but late 90s/00s office work was most definitely not some torture. The entire movie is annoying
>NOOOOOOOOOOO I HAVE A COMFY JOB AND ENOUGH MONEY TO DROP ON MEANINGLESS THINGS NOOOOOOOOO MY LIFE HAS NO MEANING
Who the fuck told the Narrator to buy all that shit? Who told him to be a miserable loser wasting his money on drivel? Imagine whining that you have too much spare cash, but are too much of a retard to do anything with it. And then joining an underground fight club, where you get your bones broken and shrug it off.

I hate this mentality of those late 90s/00s movies with their first-world problem messages.
>inb4 muh quote about having no purpose
Fair. But imagine thinking dying in a war is "gud". Yeah faggot, I'm sure you'd love getting shot in the balls.
>muh war is natural filter
Back when wars were fought with swords. Not now when some obese fuck can nuke your entire city. The world's changed. Some arguments in it have merit, but it offers no solutions, and omits the fact that a random normalfag/anon can't do shit for what the world is. Accept it and move on. The Narrator could've joined myriads of clubs to meet a woman, do something cool, or anything. But no, he was a retarded fuck and got what was coming to him.

Fight Club is a cool flick that has nothing relevant to say now, and was deaf back in its time too. Just enjoy the atmosphere.
>>
>>174554267
thanks. I couldn't find any YouTube clip unfortunately.
>>
>>174546261
If you need it explained to you, you'll never understand
>>
>>174554411
No, it's alright. Coming here from reddit with your pathetic zoomer parlance isn't.
>>
>>174554461
toxic toxic toxic toxic toxic am i a bitch yet toxic toxic toxic toxic
>mommy look at the toxic, below-average white male getting angry at this
toxic af toxic toxic toxic (toxic af)
>>
>>174554483
this shitty pasta will never take off no matter how much you post it
>>
>>174554527
oh im not even the guy you (You)'d originally, im another guy laughing at you, because you think you belong
>>
>>174554637
kek. you really are a tranny. well, honor demands that I tell you something. you will never be a woman.
>>
>>174554666
wow you are definitely cool and not a pedantic faggot
>>
>>174546261
Watched this movie as a teen thought it was cool. Watched it again a couple months ago and man its just teenage angst the movie. Burn down the system man, it's all corrupt maaaan. Dont think about why people all over the US randomly want to join a terrorist group, they're sick of the system too man. Also beat yourself up in front of your boss and try to extort him for money, it'll totally work bro trust me.
>>
>>174554682
I'm a successful white male living in an extremely expensive downtown area who fucks good looking girls weekly and I'd just like to remind you that
1. the people laughing at you on 4chan aren't actually trannies and if you had a sense of statistics or logic you might puzzle that out and
2. you will never fuck a woman
>>
>>174554715
yeah I know baby, don't just kiss my ass next time I want you to kiss the ring while you're down there
>>
>>174552727
no dude, literally the fact that bombing the buildings wouldn't even wipe out the debt is part of the story, it wouldn't even fix things, its just some bullshit that tyler durden made up to justify his destructive hedonist response to a destructive hedonist world, he is ironically the spitting image of what he hates in the world because he can only notice what is bad about the world and not what is good.

this is why the movie ends with jack literally murdering tyler durden and then making peace with marla who partially represents (to him) the feminine aspects of him self that he has up till then not been able to accept. she also was unfairly treated as a scapegoat effigy of all the things wrong with teh world. but the irony is, tyler durden was fucking her the whole time because even the corrupt manifestation of his masculinity still on some level recognizes that she actually has value all along, even though he can only love her on a sexual level becuase he's corrupt.

>>174553940
im happy to talk about toxic femininity as well, as represented by marlas charector. but what i discussed is clearly an aspect of the story.
>>
>>174552404
i didn't say you can't have fun watching a movie about a villain. you can even think he makes good points about society. and not every movie needs to have a clear cut good guy or bad guy, and tyler durdens charector isn't all bad.

im specifically addressing that it is kind of fucked up that people idolized tyler durden so much when he's clearly intentionally made to be not someone you should look up to. if you think about it tyler durden is kind of a hypocritical faggot. shit talking calvin klein models for not being a "real man" while at the same time wearing fashionable clothes and being ripped like a calvin klein model.

towards the end of hte movie he's literally wearing like weird colourful fancy glasses and like fur coats and shit to emphasize this point. i can't believe people don't see that. its not even me doing like social commentary, its like sad that people don't have like film comprehension to atleast see thats what the movie is trying to communicate even if they don't agree with what the film is saying.
>>
>>174554328
make some friends no one is reading that shit
>>
>>174554894
>no dude, literally the fact that bombing the buildings wouldn't even wipe out the debt is part of the story
where does it say that? might have missed it
>>
>>174555304
its like not explicitly stated in the story it just was understood by chuck that it wouldn't actually solve anything, its subtextual.
>>
>>174546372
The point is to absorb the message without taking it to the absolute extreme like Edward Norton's character did.
>>
>>174555439
I don't know if you're trolling or desperately reaching
>>
>>174554328
so what if you wore the casual dressy shirts for the panel?
>>
>>174555478
is it not obvious that in an age of the internet that the records would not only be physically stored in buildings in a small area in a city?
>>
>>174552122
you'll never be a woman
>>
>>174555500
I agree that the concept doesn't make sense, but that's not how it's presented in the movie. That's what I mean by whatever message you're interpreting being badly communicated if that was the intention
>>
>>174554778
larping on 4chan is cringe, dude. just be yourself.
>>174554834
sounds pretty gay
>>
>>174555539
it was pretty clear to me the first time i watched the movie and read the book that bombing buildings that credit card records are physically kept in wouldn't do shit.
>>
File: FcdX3hvWYAUR3N_.jpg (48 KB, 512x512)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
This thread is fucking proof to me that 80% of shit online is AI operated. I just watched like half this movie and now all the thoughts and arguments I had with myself while watching fight club are now here in this thread. Fuck this I'm out. Fuck you AI. Piece of shit kill me ready I want out! Get me OUT!!!!!
>>
>>174553801
sovl
>>
>>174555678
Do you know that the only tripfags worth knowing on this site are theones that get exposed to be enormous faggots and degenerates? That's your only chance at notoriety, being exposed as some degenerate child fucker. Tripfags burn the hottest.
>>
>>174546261
A girlfriend would’ve saved Ed Nortons life.
>>
>>174556620
i choose to be a trip fag because i engage in extended discussions/ debates and its just easier to be able to keep track of who you are talking to.

also, i give psychological and nutrition advice, and i think its safer for other people if i have a reputation so people can better discern if my advice is terrible or not. your welcome.
>>
File: alex jones flex.jpg (8 KB, 320x180)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>174555520
no woman could have these guns nigga.
>>
>>174556857
I don't give a shit. You're a faggot and not interesting enough to discern yourself from the rest.
>>
>>174551796
Kek, based. Best post in the thread.
>>
If my wife hadn’t come along I was going to live in an RV and not work. She was worth it and I mean that, but I always wanted to be a complete dreg that just hung out and played video games and did drugs. Now I have to be a fucking engineer.
>>
>>174556857
there's no good reason to be a tripfag
>>
>>174546261
What did he have to lose really? Tyler had a better plan.
>>
>>174546295
>His life fucking sucked.
I wonder if leftist women will land on this once we have a generation of girls that’ve never known anything other than soulless corporate slaving and can’t be hyped into thinking they’re making history. Or maybe they’ll just stay agreeable forever as long as they can consume, vote and donate.
>>
>>174555678
I don't know anything about the book, but like I said, not how it comes off in the movie. Tyler's organisation in itself doesn't make sense at all, people being deathly loyal to him, infiltrating every aspect of society based on those fightclubs, but as a viewer you can accept is as a form of heightened reality.
Same with wiping the debt, doesn't really make sense in our world, but the way the film presents it, it should have done something.
Not a single character even alluding to that the plan wouldn't work kinda reinforces this
>>
Office Space sequel for closeted gays
>>
>>174557314
What do you mean? Just because the main characters bath in front of eachother, ride around on bicycles with no pants on, kiss eachother on the hands, and talk about how they don't need women in their life...oh
>>
This movie is just a mediocre take on Industrial Society and its Future desu
>>
>>174551796
>there's this surface level similarty between power structures in the corporate world and the pssc. I am so smart and observant everyone else is an idiot.

I bet you see yourself in a mirror and get proud for noticing that your reflection kind of looks like you.
>>
>>174546372
The point of the movie is to highlight the question of the place of masculinity and inherent masculine urges in a domesticated society. The characters are suffering from a malaise they don't really understand and seek an outlet for them that they take to a retardedly self-destructive extreme.
>>
>>174557389
What do you even expect from film?
>>
Tyler Durden is the bad guy. You're not supposed to want to be like him. Did you not watch the last 45 minutes of the movie or something?
>>
>>174557412
>The point of the movie is to highlight the question of the place of masculinity and inherent masculine urges in a domesticated society.
It's everywhere too. This is just the Western version. All those dudes who joined ISIS who seeking old masculinity and adventure in their own way too. I'd have to say they delivered better than any in the West as well. We're still stuck in fantasizing and ideation, and not actually breaking shit.
>>
>>174557419
I would’ve been okay with the movie if they hadn’t added that stupid and predictable plot twist of “oh the other guy was just his imagination!”
>>
>>174557412
Even the people who made the movie argue about what the point of it is sometimes. Maybe it just means whatever it means to whoever watches it. I like it because it's a modern period piece and watching it takes me back to that time period. The first Matrix does the same thing for me.
>>
>>174557224
They already sell themselves
>>
>>174557412
>>174557450
it really makes sense that autistic incels waiting for the race war to start fail to understand the point of the movie, they'd be space monkeys in a heartbeat
>>
>>174557454
It wasn't predictable until a thousand movies copied it in the last twenty years, zoomer
>>
>>174557479
I'm not white or an incel, fool. You really have to stop churning out the same played out memes. Deal with what anons actually say.
>>
>>174546261
Fight Club is pretty gay looking back. Tyler wouldve voted for biden
>>
>>174557539
I'm not saying you misunderstood the movie, I'm saying you hit the nail on the head and your description is very revealing about the people who do misunderstand the movie. Maybe try not being so sensitive and reactionary.
>>
>>174557546
He'd vote for a Bernie maybe.
>>
File: confused anime girl.jpg (60 KB, 735x703)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
why did Jack live in a lame apartment? He had a good job and probably got paid heaps to keep all the scary car stuff quiet.
>>
>>174557573
Shit. My bad. Will do.
>>
>>174557574
Write-ins for both Bernie and Ron Paul.
>>
>>174557546
>>174557574
He wouldn't vote at all.
>>
File: jack.jpg (23 KB, 640x430)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>174557594
on top of that he had Tyler's soap business as well.

I guess he was pretty crazy.
>>
>>174557504
Okay brainlet
>>
>>174557687
Name a movie that had a twist like that before 1999. I'll wait.
>>
>>174551796
Lot of suppressed seething in this post.
Tyler represents the apex alpha version of the Narrator, and through his delusion he transforms himself into Tyler. Fight Club is a powerful myth about self-actualization and cult behavior. Tyler’s individuality isn’t a corporation, he doesn’t force anyone to show up to Fight Club, they don’t depend on project mayhem to pay their rent, they choose to attend and participate for free. To me Fight Club is about the inner potential of average men, who if they had the confidence, could actually make a significant difference in the world, if they embraced their inner “Tyler” and committed to something, maybe they could achieve a loyal following, maybe get the girl. To boil that whole masculine bootstrapping message down to “edgelord trash” is just disingenuous, and makes me think you’ve had some missed opportunities in life, some chords that this movie struck that you didn’t like. Fight Club isn’t about self improvement, that’s a satirical buzzword used for irony, it’s about someone banal and useless transforming into someone legendary. The people who don’t respond to that are probably resigned to forever being insignificant.
>>
>>174551968
>>174554328
Yeah travelling constantly would suck when you're a bitter unsociable faggot. No shit. It's not any wonder people were happy to see the back of you lmao
>>
>>174558035
This post sums it up
Really obvious if you check the tone of people who try to disparage the message as something less genuine, almost always whiny and butthurt. They could never imagine themselves amounting to much so how dare anyone else?? Lmao just plain old sad
>>
File: 1663889429402865.png (292 KB, 577x448)
292 KB
292 KB PNG
Futurama did it best with Bender becoming human. It was of course foreshadowed with hedonismbot.
>>
File: 1652756691759.jpg (63 KB, 750x450)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>174552000
This, but unironically.
>>
>>174553801
I love how he chose the name Cornelius as his fake name.
>>
>>174546261
he was right about everything
>>
>>174557224
>He thinks woman are equal to men
NGMI
>>
File: 1663857461469512.png (269 KB, 655x599)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
Goddamn this movie makes trannies seethe
>>
>>174550037
>Fight Club was and still is right about everything

About how men want to act hard so they become pseudo fascists/commies so they throw tantrums by Le epically trolling the world.

>I just recently got a corporate job,
You did that even after watching this film that many times? You became a bitch to the system instead of making a business for your self where you’re slightly less a bitch to the system? Tssk, ego masturbation and apocalyptic fantasies gotcha catch up bruv

>>174551796
Correct, the film is genius because it folds it’s ‘message’ back in on itself basically mind fucking the dumbest cunts out there.
>>
>>174547234
yeah mate that totally works. meanwhile multinational companies are paying how much tax again?
>>
>>174557645
6 months into my first white-collar position and I'm starting to look like this. Genuinely can't wrap my mind around that some people have been at it for 30 years
>>
>>174556079
Hello world
Fuck niggers
>>
>>174546261
>our entire life
>shitty """"career"""
>worthless possessions
>pointless existence
Zoomers really should stick to tiktok and stick to being bugmen
>>
>>174546372
bugman detected
>>
>>174557224
well given 99% of men havent broken out of this mindset either i doubt it
>>
>>174557454
>born after the movie was released
>watched dozens of movies influenced by fight club
>already knew the plot twist before watching it
>"predictable as fuck!!!"
neck your self
>>
>>174551968
lol
lmao even
I have travelled for work significantly and you're a stupid faggot. You don't pack well enough? Stupid. You try to go to a Starbucks to do actual work? What are you, a fucking girl in college? All hotels worth a shit have wifi already, if you had a job that was worth a shit and you weren't a massive faggot you'd have a hotspot. Bedbugs? Sorry your shit job put you in a shit hotel. Don't roll around in some nigger sheets with nothing but your underwear on you dumb cunt.

Anyway I travel for work and it's based as fuck, don't listen to this idiot.
>>
>>174546261
Ahistorical zoomfaggots.
It’s called a reflection of the cultural zeitgeist. 1990’s America, breaking out of the cubicle WAS the only problem. All our wars and genocides happened on foreign soil. Everything was on at least a somewhat neutral status quo.
Since you’re too young to have any real perspective, learn to see it this way: without conflict, there is no living. When there’s war, the conflict is the pacification and alleviation of that war / pain. When everything is painless, sticking your dick in a wall socket is objectively more appealing than anything else.
Fight Club has depth upon depth for those with eyes enough to see it.
Zoom bots not included.
>>
>>174547234
Based niggercattle
>>
>>174556079
At least learn to program before you share your schizo takes on this topic.
>>
File: s-l600.jpg (15 KB, 330x500)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
movie when?
>>
File: Fight-Club-Quotes-11.jpg (186 KB, 1500x1000)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>174550037
>You are hearing harsh truths about life
yep. movie and book arent overrated. they are underrated now a days because zoomers are brainwashed retards.
>>
>>174552122
>healthy masculinity is being a slave to the system
I hate the antichrist.
>>
>>174547115
>gets sued for all of his earnings for breaking an NDA
then what? go on joe rogan?
>>
>>174554411
He tried to downvote you and when he couldn't he got angrier
>>
>>174546261
I really hate in this movie when hes narrating amd says shit like "put your seat in the upright position," it's basically saying "hey bro this shits deep"
>>
>>174546295
Maybe he didn’t liked his life but it was a nice comfy life imo
>>
>>174559963
everybody's circumstances are different but I really think the trick is to avoid getting a huge loan or mortgage. Because then you can just quit your job if you don't like it. I'm sorry if you are stuck in debt. You got bamboozled. Legit think it is probably better to be homeless or live with your parents than be in fucking debt.
>>
>>174554328
bitch that's the whole point of fight club, fuck your dress codes and rules, stop slaving away and do what you want, it's not the end of the world if you get fired
>>
>>174555678
this retard is trolling and never read the book. there is literally zero mention of bombing credit card companies to erase debt in the book. it was only added in the movie.
>>
>>174558035
Well said.
>>
American Psycho is better. Both as a book and as a film
>>
>>174552122
>tripfaggot has worst opinion in the thread
imagine my shock
>>
>>174562429
American Psycho is one of those rare examples where the movie is better than the book.
>>
>>174562392
what I think is strange about Jack is that he was Tyler the entire time. It's wild that he suppressed this badass version of himself so much and for so long that it actually manifested as a tulpa/split personality. Couldn't Jack have been Tyler earlier in his life? He's a smart successful dude, he could have unleashed Tyler on some nice girl and gotten married to her. But for whatever reason he buried it.
>>
>>174562516
What, did the page long descriptions of what people were wearing filter you? The book is clearly superior since Bateman is even more unhinged than in the movie
>>
>>174546261
Wasn't he literally mentally ill?

I think you might be missing the point of the movie here...
>>
>>174562555
No, what filtered me is painstakingly describing torture when it wasn't needed, implying horrific events is much more tasteful than going to autistic detail about shoving a rat in some woman's pussy. The movie is still horrific and compelling without it, and for that, it's superior.
>>
>>174546261
We’ll never see a movie like this again, it was too brazenly anti-corporation, anti-trendiness, pro-masculinity.
>but you’re not supposed to want to be Tyler Durden Chud!
NO. He is written with these positive characteristics so you’d initially like him.
>>
>>174562522
I think modern life grinds us down and buries our masculine potential, so Tyler crawled back out through mental illness
>>
File: 1661798825868738.png (1.74 MB, 2293x1540)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
Troons seem to really hate this movie. I guess trannies are ultra conformist and hate anything that defies societal convention.
>>
>>174546295
Should’ve just killed himself, then.
>>
>>174557412
Main character fell in love with HBC and chimped out so hard he got a second personality. Simp book, simp movie, gay author.
>>
>>174550037
It's one of the best movies ever made and since everyone is becoming more and more of a consumer, it's becoming more and more hated. Eventually 1984 will be considered a bad book by this same group of people.
>>
>>174563481
That's really deep yo.
>>
>>174563510
He figuratively did
>>
>>174563737
Didn't even have a gun, it was all in his imagination. The bombs and his girlfriend too.
>>
>>174562522
>But for whatever reason he buried it.
That's what modern office culture does to you
>>
>>174563481
Trannies, like leftists as a whole, are the biggest slaves to the system imaginable. Uncle Ted had some great remarks on the matter.
Think about it logically. What does a tranny require to be a tranny. Consumption. What is a tranny without consumption? Indistinguishable. What is a tranny without a system to coerce others into playing along with their delusions? A mockery. They hate the system much like they hate themselves, only in a narcissistic manner that it isn't perfect, that it won't fully bend to their will.
The same is true to a slightly lesser extent for all leftists. How will they censor, coerce and manipulate without a system to utilise? They are rebels in tradition only, empty rituals they stole with the labels they stole from people who had nothing in common with them, but in truth, and as has been demonstrated innumerable times over the last few years, whenever the workers, the proles, stand up to the system, the bourgeoise, it is the bourgeoise the leftist, the tranny, sides with, and the proles they demonize.
>>
>>174563876
The whole movie was in his imagination, if you think about it.
>>
>>174546372
Damn it really went over your head.
>>
>>174546372
Everyone lost their mind. The system is broken. He was just giving direction to the directionless who couldn't stomach it anymore
>>
>>174563876
His girlfriend was also in his imagination you dingbat. She was another Tyler.
>>
File: Elevator _action.webm (1.98 MB, 1280x720)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB WEBM
>>174551796
If only this were you.
Kindly walk into oncoming traffic while on camera so at least you contribute a little something to the world.
>>
>>174553859
its unrionically popularized by that faggot league of legends company Riot.
>>
>>174563960
yes, the director's intention was to make a a movie about "toxic masculinity"
>>174563926
>>174546372
>>
>>174546370
>not even what little Ed Norton's character has in this movie.

Ed Norton has a beautiful condo. I don't know why people are pretending his life is so shit.

https://youtu.be/exL51n3py6g
>>
Pretty sure this film's message holds truer than ever in todays society.
>>
>>174553455
>>174553485
>>174553525
>>174553577
>>174553616
>>174553708
>>174553648
I was going to buy this jacket when I was a teenager
I'm really glad I didn't in retrospect
>>
File: 1319050769256359.jpg (44 KB, 300x250)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>174564722
>>
File: 1660951805589581.jpg (26 KB, 432x710)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>freeing people from the system used to mean just knocking over a few skyscrapers
>having a soulless cubicle job and your own apartment now seems utopian
this needs to be made again but destroying all datacenters
>>
>>174564842
it got a legally distinct ripoff called Mr. Robot
>>
>>174558035
/thread
>>
>>174546261
The message is very clearly to not let your only life be that of wage slavery and consoomerism, imbecile. Everything else is just for show.
>>
>>174554778
>I don't have the emotional depth to secure a long term girlfriend
You're bragging about this?
>>
>>174564842
>>having a soulless cubicle job and your own apartment now seems utopian
mostly because you can't look at a computer monitor and not see a source of limitless entertainment
>>
File: nickelodeon.jpg (77 KB, 453x604)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>174564779
Good call. I doubt anyone here is cool enough to pull it off.
>>
>all these seething faggots ITT
this just proves that the movie had a point
>>
>>174550037
pretty good bait
>>
>>174551796
Tyler looked like Tyler wanted to look, since he wasnt real.
>>
>>174546372
you'll always be a faggot
>>
>>174551796
youll always be a fagg.
>>
>>174546295
>NOOOOOO I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED AND HAVE AN EASY JOB IM GOING INSANNNEEE
>>
>>174567174
>NOOOOOOO YOU CANT JUST ENJOY STUFF FROM IKEA MATCHING FURNITURE IS FOR NPCS
>>
>>174555500
This film is from the 1990s you retard. Archives were on paper mostly back then.
>>
>>174567564
Tape drives have existed from the 50s you tard
>>
>>174567370
Ikea furniture is trash and breaks constantly. If you buy Ikea you're a certified poorfag.
>>
>>174546261
It is possible to enjoy a movie without taking it too seriously.
>>
>>174557224
Your post implies women have agency or are capable of introspection. I appreciate your sense of humor.
>>
>>174547730
you´re some poorfag who never been on a plane, i had times where i had to go from flight to flight and believe me, it isn´t gratifying
>>
>>174570039
>had times where i had to go from flight to flight
Yeah no shit that's how air travel works a lot of the time retard
>>
>>174570281
why do you want to kill puppies to have a job that involves "travelling" then? what a retard
>>
File: 817HOFZewXL.jpg (502 KB, 1668x2560)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
>>174551796
Self improvement is masturbation only if you don't realize time is an illusion, life is very very short, you will die and everything you've done will be washed away and nothing can ever change that . Until then it's just a form of self aggrandizement, which is what Tyler was getting at.

Pic related. Best self help book ever written.
>>
>>174570379
Not the same fag, just pointing out how air travel works to your dumbass.
>>
The thing is, I'd do it in an instant.
There is no Brad Pitt in the real world though.
>>
File: 4fb.png (266 KB, 521x768)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>174571303
>Whole thread's talking about terrorism, sex, schizophrenia
>I just wanna piss for Christ sake!
>>
>>174547020
>le judgemental cowboy meme
fuck off, redditard
>>
>>174546372
>noooO! you didn';t understand the hecky wekcy moral!!
Literally absorbing art on the level of a fairy tale.
>>
>>174553399
Yeah, a gay man's answer to life is "get a girlfriend" nailed it.
>>
File: 56561.png (129 KB, 296x292)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>174554483
agree, anyone has shit to say is still doing so from a computer of some kind.
>>
>>174564185
GOD THIS IS SO SOPULFULL! I can't fucking stand my boss, electricity, food, clean water, HOLY SHIT THIS IS WHERE IT'S AT! A COMOOONITY That built and maintains their OWN INFRASTRUCTURE?!?!
>>
File: faggotredpill.jpg (1.03 MB, 3040x1740)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>
>>174547340
You never had to pretend. Even Chuck prefers the movie’s ending
>>
>>174547681
this anon gets it.
humans are built to pursue happiness, not attain it.
>>
>>174554637
>britney posts here
>>
>>174567564
it's like 98 or 99, anon. everything was thoroughly electronic by that point. literally the whole reason Y2K was a thing.
>>
>>174546261
Pay attention to what I'll tell you right now, OP.

Always offer your food to God before eating it. Why? Because it purifies your food.

Once a woman received a poisonous glass of milk. She offeret it to God and drink it. Nothing happened to her. She just taste the sweet milk. God absorbed all the poison Himself.

This is no joke, no prank, etc. This is the Truth. Most anons are not ready for this.
>>
This movie is just Capeshit i like it
>>
>>174553399
well, yes. the point of any animal existing is for it to make more copies of itself.
>>
>>174570379
presumably the puppies are geographically distributed
>>
Feels good knowing I’d beat the absolute fucking shit out of anybody in this thread
>>
>>174573471
i can knock you out because my fist is hard as nails
>>
>>174550037
Preem post. When you first watch it, at 14 or 15, you love it because watching two bros fuck shit up with their gang of ultra masculine dudebros fighting against the authority of modern society gets you pumped.

But as you get older the latter half of the movie, when Tyler's world starts to break down hits even harder.

You no longer want to have a friend like Tyler Durden, you want to be part of project mayhem following someone like Tyler Durden to give you a sense of adventure you crave so badly.
>>
>>174557224
Women will do whatever Jewish propaganda tells them to. They're not sentient and they don't have agency
>>
File: 1660002796320467.jpg (75 KB, 1018x768)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>174563481
society is the only thing keeping them full of hormone (and alive)
>>
>>174546261
>>hey man like throw away your entire life and piss in peoples food with me lol
sounds based t b h
>>
File: 1652211860185.gif (2.62 MB, 498x270)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB GIF
>>174567564
In the 90s we actually used cuneiform and clay tablets to record everything.
>>
>>174546261
It's no different from losers crying about boomers ruining their lives.
>>
>>174547393
You sound like you're 22 years old.
>>
Tell a liberal you love Fight Club, nobody bats an eye. Mail a bomb to their office, and suddenly everyone loses their minds!
>>
>>174551796
You pissed off a lot of retards with this post. Good job, anon.
>>
>>174546261
The only people who like this are teenagers or mentally stunted adults
Its a really dumb movie that glorifies throwing everything away because you can't exert the most basic effort over your life. So instead of just finding a hobby he blames everything on society like a kid would do.
>>
>>174554174
Panic room was trash.
>>
>>174575702
Such hypocrites.
>>
>>174562516
This is a very shit opinion and I hope you don't share it with anyone you know.
>>
>>174562516
Agreed. There are a few extra gems in the book like the Tom Cruise elevator scene, but the excessively intricate sex/torture/murder descriptions went too far outside of the black comedy tone. They weren't entertaining, they just made me want to stop reading and go vomit.
>>
I just rewatched Fight Club and liked it. It was nice to look at the movie on its own and forget about all the dumb shit people say about it. The comments in this thread suggest it's still relevant. I'd like to see a version with all the narration and Tyler's monologues stripped out. Not because they're bad, but because I think it would be an interesting tone shift and would help more people understand that it's not supposed to be a preachy movie. It's a dark comedy that's pointing at something.
>>
>>174575820
>duude this movie is immature, that´s why i like star wars!!!!!!!!

lmao at this soiboi
>>
>>174546261
You know it'd probably be better without Edward Norton, and just had Tyler instead.
>>
File: ....gif (1.5 MB, 220x220)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB GIF
>>174552122
>being a miserable consoomer drone is healthy masculinity
>>
>>174546261
Nobody takes this movie seriously. It's just a fun anarchy movie with some catchy dialogue.
>>
>>174578451
I knew people who based their personality around this movie. Multiple people from entirely different social circles. It ruined a fraction of an entire generation of menoids
>>
Men's brains stop developing after their teen years.
>>
>>174578736
>literally me movies ruined a generation of men and boys
sad but true
>>
>>174546372
I love that some people here are really incapable of seeing how obvious it was in the movie. Literally edgy teenagers tier.
>>
>>174556857
>I am a faggot
thanks for confirming
>>
>>174580018
Based half-a-day-later shit talker
>>
File: 1602823454160.jpg (55 KB, 500x533)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>174554991
>at the same time wearing fashionable clothes
Nigger, what he was wearing was thrift store chic, NOT fashionable at all. He was pulling off "I dress like a bum who goes to goodwill and still look better than you" look.
You are obvious a child and didn't grow up and were an adult when this movie came out and was important.
>>
>>174564779
>not dressing as tyler durden when you're a teenager
>t.faggot opinions
>>
>>174546372
The point is that if you repress yourself you might find yourself acting out in ways you aren’t even aware of. Psychoanalysis 101.
But psychoanalysis is a bunch of crock anyways made by a perverted Jewish coke addict so…

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.