[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>everyone says it's the best Predator since the original
>both Predator 2 and Predators are way better than this
????
>>
>>172186281
The Predator was such a fucking shitshow it makes this movie look like a masterpiece in comparison. Most people have forgotten about Predators (and P2 to a lesser extent)
>>
>>172186281
Predator 2 sucks. Predators is ok for something in the Predator universe, but it doesn't really feel like "Predator". This movie is second best to the first, easy.
>>
>>172186415
>Predator
>Predator 2
>Predators
>The Predator
>Prey
they have really shitty names for these movies
you might accidentally watch the shitty 2018 one instead of the first one
>>
>>172186535
Prey is a different word, I don't know how you could mix it up with the others unless you're ESL.
>>
File: 1658841425497.jpg (51 KB, 500x530)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>172186281
>Predator 2
was fucking amazing, i dont know why it recieves all the hate
>>
>>172186415
True I did at least like this more than that garbage
>>
>>172186281
Predator>Predator 2>Predators = Prey.
if you are a pred fan and can stomach the girl power and some woke shit, you'll have a good time.
>>
>>172186735
Prey was better than Predators. The whole Super-Pred concept is so fucking stupid, also Topher wanting to stay on the planet for really no reason.
>>
>>172186656
Totally agree. It's far more campy than the original, but it totally works.
>>
>>172186281
Whatever one has Walton Goggins calling the predator a faggot is the best one.
>>
Predator > Predator 2 > Prey > Predators > the other shitty movies in the franchise
>>
>>172186889
That's one of the worst.
>le samurai with thousand fold steel killing the super duper predator
>>
>>172186967
I don't really care if it was good or bad because Walton Goggins calls the predator a faggot.
>>
Prey is an easy 7/10. It'd be bumped higher if the CGI for the animals was better or if they went practical for them. The bear looked particularly bad.
>>
I thought Prey was really good, easily the best sequel since 2 but not as great as the first two films.
>>
Prey was really good don't listen to the /pol/ posters
>>
Honestly if you can look past the woman empowerment shit, the woke politics, the terrible special effects, the poor story and general low quality of the movie you will be in for a good time.
>>
>>172186991
Kek. This man sees the silver lining
>>
>>172187036
>zoomer thinks CGI is what determines a movie's worth
Sad. Truly sad
>>
This was a very good movie don't listen to the haters
>>
>>172186281
It's bad but it's polished enough that retards won't notice.
>>
>>172186281
Predator > Prey > Predators > Predator 2 > AVP >>>>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>>>> The Predator
>>
File: bearcostume.jpg (107 KB, 536x750)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>172187256
I'm 31, but okay. The animals looked bad. The Predator should have been a man in a suit too. It's bullshit that he wasn't at all. Toss a guy in a bear suit. It ain't hard.
>>
>>172187036
>>172187042
>>172187143
Samefag
>>
>>172186281
>both Predator 2 and Predators are way better than this
Predator yes. Predator 2, I think is equal.
>>
>Predator gets wounded in every scene its in
>indians bounce of trees like Legolas and consistently out maneuver the Predator in combat
>all white people in the movie are disgustingly dirty, ugly, and cowardly
>in fact, the only time the Predator seems badass is when it takes out dozens of the trappers armed with guns and a plan like it's nothing; including using a shield to block their shot
>just ignore that they were aware of it and had a plan to kill it--you don't have to worry about their plan though because they're stupid
>also ignore that the guns are only effective when an indian has one and not when they had dozens
>also forget that the trappers were somehow evading the Predator until they were necessary for the plot; we don't need to know about their encounter with it beforehand because they're just there to be evil and get killed
>the Predator goes against mythos and cheats by turning itself invisible when it's losing a fight with the girl's brother--he's just too much for it with his ability to spin around and get close enough to pull the arrows he shot into it and reuse them
>she has magic indian herbs that turn her invisible because they're just so in touch with nature
>she pulls the same move as the convict in Predators but she doesn't get instantly killed like he did
>the Comanche were land vikings...the only part of the movie that kind of depicts this is when she cuts off a trapper's leg to use him as bait but he's evil, tied her up with her brother for the same purpose, and wanted to rape her so it's not like she's unjustified in the eyes of the audience
The Predator is never a threat to anything except wild animals and evil white people. The indians are all mary sues. The movie is editted well and shot nicely and things are set up (e.g swamp/herbs/trap) but it the Predator is a retard whenever it fights Indians (which are all superpowered).
>>
>>172186656
ZooMers are retarded I love Predator 2
>>
>>172186281
During the mid credits sequence they show that the Predators come back in several ships, meaning that it's possible our protag and all the comanche there get killed and that's how they get the gun that they give to Danny Glover

I hate that, but it is what it is
>>
>>172187485
Also, indians constantly jump and spring off trees as a power move.
>>
I genuinely have no idea how you can watch this and say it’s good. Turn your brain off schlock is only good if it doesn’t take itself seriously.
>>
>>172186281
>>172187616
Once the RLM review comes out you'll love it
>>
>>172187485
Apparently the predator is meant to be a retard since it’s from a different tribe or something from the gigachad predators
>>
>>172187485
>>172187556
This is the biggest exaggeration and im not even that stoked on the movie. The Yaujta rips apart all her brother friends like they are nothing
>>
>>172187616
It's just as good as the original t b h
>>
>>172187691
God I hope they call it mid at the most to make Redditors seethe
>>
The 1st one is the best even with black actors its a classic
>>
File: 1555353818100.png (73 KB, 714x800)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>mid
>>
File: 16356955701721.jpg (106 KB, 470x524)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>wojak
>>
>>172186281
The plot armor for the girl was insane. >Didn't see her as a threat
>Even though she had a weapon aimed at it
Also the predator forgetting how its tech worked at the end, fucking hilarious. The brother was the MVP of this movie honestly. The MC literally fell foward time and time again.
>>
>>172186281
>>everyone says
astroturf
>>
>>172187868
Predator was just a trainee so he probably didnt know how all his shit worked yet
>>
>>172186852
>serial killer not wanting to take advantage of others and basically becoming a smarter noland had he succeeded
Really now? Also the bad bloods added something to the predator lore. Specifically how some tribes don't give a shit about tradition and their was a blood feud between them
>>
>>172187616
People are starving even half-way-decent films nowadays. This mist feel like Citizen kane after all the dogshit that has been released the last couple years
>>
File: 43244.jpg (572 KB, 4704x2112)
572 KB
572 KB JPG
Chudbros.... I thought this was going to be the next cancer abortion dogshit disaster catastrophe?
>>
>>172187949
>laser pointed weapon
>bolts shoot at laser
There was even a scene where he was firing at the brother with it and the bolts went another direction. You saying he forgot that on a few hours?
>>
>>172187708
I feel like there was a lost plotline between the brother and the asshole friend. Especially the scene where the brother gets the war stick after killing the lion and the other dude leaves in a hurry not even celebrating like the others.
>>
>>172187708
>The Yaujta rips apart all her brother friends like they are nothing
He literally breaks canon and cheats because her brother is kicking it's ass. Sorry your movie is bad, don't take it out on me.
>>
>>172188088
Did you miss the part where the predator was literally shot through the back of the head just before this? It was lobotomized. Do you people even watch the fucking movies you spend all day complaining about?
>>
>watching new movies
>>
>>172188088
The bolts still shot forward before being redirected to the laser. He almost hit the brother with them. It seemed like when he was stuck he used them as a last ditch effort out of panic. All in all though he was clearly inexperienced
>makes a trophy out of a wolf like it's a big deal
>falls into traps all the time, including bear traps
>facetanks repeatedly, relying on brute strength and his shield
>panic nopes out from a clean fight with the brother by using his cloak
>>
>>172188364
What are you even talking about lol
>>
Is AVPR worth watching?
>>
>>172186281
>from the director of 10 Cloverfield Lane
Well maybe you should have moderated your expectations, buddy.
>>
>>172188532
>director casts cute women as his leads
I like this guy
>>
>>172188482
No. It's not.
>>
>>172188467
>doesn't remember the bad things about the movie
That's why you're a retard (i.e. it's target audience).
>>
>>172186281
It's better than the original but then the original sucks.
>>
On one hand I like any New France period piece featuring French fur trappers and indians.

On the other hand the characterization of everyone in the movie is so shallow as to completely rob any emotional reaction
>>
>>172188579
>director turns nice ideas into cheap trash and fucks up the ending
>>
>>172188667
pretty shit bait
>>
>>172188364
Based illiterate retard
>>
>>172188751
And yet the movies turn out more entertaining than the typical garbage hollywood puts out. Prey is one of the better action monster movies to come out in years.
>>
fuck off, prey was better than predator 2 and other shits
>>
>>172188843
Had the dumbest predator to date.
>>
>>172188424
>lobotomized
Get the fuck out of here with that.

>>172188462
But they always curved. Almost doesn't matter.
>>
>>172188789
What you said was wrong, retard. The Predator literally gets injured in every scene it's in and that turns up significantly whenever it's fighting Indians.
>attack a bear with it's bare hands
>get roughed up a little but basically one punch it when the time comes
>take a group of Indians by surprise
>go toe-to-toe and get injured by all of them multiple times (even have one spring off a tree and pin you to the ground by stabbing your foot with a spear)
>ignore (evil/ugly/dirty) white trappers except when it needs to drop in for the plot to happen
>easily take out dozens of them when they had foreknowledge and a plan of attack--they're also heavily armed
>fight the girls brother
>get stabbed multiple times and shot at close range by the same arrow (which he keeps doing spin moves past you to get back to shoot again); then break mythos go invisible instead of fighting it out because he's too heroic (and indian) to get killed
You're dumb. The movie is bad because it makes Indians into superpowered Mary Sues and the Predator isn't a threat to them. You can fill in whatever headcanon you want about it being young and inexperienced but the point is it becomes retarded when it fights Indians (who have developed the skill to bounce off trees and the Predator just isn't prepared for that!)
>>
>>172188651
>if people don't cant my big purple dragon friend Stevie like
I can, then they're retarded
Meds please
>>
>>172188482
For the wolf scenes yes.
>>
I enjoyed it. It wasnt oversaturated with "stay in the kitchen." By now we all know the message but it wasnt besten to deatb like i thought it would. Also, she got her ass kicked and failed through the movie. It was in her time being in the sidelines watching the Preds moves and tactics and was able to learn and gain an edge. Also, the movie had a sense of family and community. Hell, her own brother supported her in what she wanted to be. I liked the landscapes, makeup and lighting too.
>>
>>172186281
I liked it more than predators, but the retardedness of the third act almost brought it down for me
>>
>>172189027
You're having a stroke. Don't call 9-11 because the world will be a better place with one less retard.
>>
>>172188758
Ok troll.
>>
>>172189003
>get the fuck out of here with that
Right, I'm an idiot for thinking being shot through the brain would logically slow one's brain function. What a dumb idea
>>
File: 1658944674520486.jpg (2.45 MB, 3024x4032)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
>>172186281
i give this 7.5/10 because main character is female
Fr the next should be in Mongolia, main character is young temujin(Genghis khan) vs alien/predator. The ending would be him on top of a mountain doing throat singing.
>>
The only reason the plant had magical properties that activated instantly, such as reducing the temperature of a living body to that of the environment was so that the female protagonist would have a way to figure out that the predators perceives the heat alone.
It was a lazy writing device, the retards in the writers room probably wanted to get home.
>>
>>172189116
Yet, it used the shield perfectly after being shot right? This is literal fan fiction shit you are coming up with.
>>
>>172189025
It fucked all the indians it fought besides the main character, which is standard fare for a main character. You are an autist.
>>
>>172188791
No offense, but if your argument is "Well it's bad but at least not as bad as Marvel" you might want to reconsider your standards.
>>
>>172189071
Agreed
>>
>>172189185
Yeah, a shield is real rocket science to use there eh. The thing attached to the arm that you already instinctually raise to block danger no matter how much brain matter you're running. It got fooled because it was fucking capped in the skull. Nothing is thinking clearly after being shot through the fuckin skull.
>>
>>172189187
>ignores it was wounded several times by a group of them it basically fights one-on-one who were taken by surprise
>ignores it had to cheat to beat her brother
>ignores it easily beats a group of a couple dozen well-armed men who had formulated a plan (but are convienently stupid when it's necessary because they're white)
>IT KILLED THEM TOO THO!
You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>172189298
Yes, the tribes people are trained warriors who live their lives to hunt and know the forest. The frenchies are fat greedy everymen from another land with slow firing weapons. Whats hard for your brain to understand?
>>
>>172186281
Predator
Predators
Predator 2
The Predator
Prey
Prey is better than AVPR: Aliens vs Predator - Requiem. That's the nicest thing I can say about it.
>>
>>172186598
No one said they would mix up prey and predator retard

>>172186535
Have you seen the alien movies?
>Name
>Names
>Name 3
>Name: subtitle
>Unrelated name
>Name: new subtitle
>>
>>172189348
Are you a kid?
>>
>>172189348
>Alright, the Indians are overpowered and the Predator suddenly becomes less adept at fighting when they're involved but....
>HEADCANON
You're not explaining it away, retard. Also, a single gun suddenly becomes effective when an Indian has it but dozens of men with an elaborate plan of attack and dozens of guns did nothing. You're a retard.
>>
>>172189170
That was lazy, all the white people being there to just fill up time was lazy, the brother for no reason letting himself be killed was lazy...It's like they needed to fill up space and create emotion so they made cartoonist moments in between the cool stuff. And of course a 15 year old girl was smarter and more capable than the elite group of grown soldiers with tech from 300 years in the future. The end of the first one was cool because the tension was real even if you suspected the result. The actors who died you liked. It was campy no doubt, but still the outcome wasn't obvious to the immersed viewer. In this one it was like you didn't care when anyone at all died, the brother died for no reason at all, and than she has this magical bunch of traps including learning to use a lien computer helmet when 15 minutes earlier she needed help with the concept of gun powder. Oooooooh kkaaaayyyyyyyy.

Still enjoyed it.
>>
>>172186281
It's a classic shill tactic for new entries in long running franchises. They can't say it's as good or better than the most popular entries because nobody will believe them and they'll quickly be recognized as the shills they are, but if they say it's better than the entries that are only moderately well liked their claims seems more believable. Same thing happened with the Star Wars Sequel trilogy with people saying the new films were better than everything made after Empire.

In reality this movie is probably bad and not as good as either Predator 2 or Predators.
>>
>>172189378
They're telling you Predator is now Prey so it will seem thematic instead of just stupid when the Mary Sue indians constantly kick it's ass throughout the movie. It's pretty much the most clever thing they managed (which really says a lot about how dumb the movie is).
>>
>>172187718
No one could possibly say this who saw the movie.
>>
>>172189435
It felt like the back of his head with no armor was a soft spot. I think it would have made more sense if earlier a bullet had hit the predators neck or something to show it was just invincible. Like why would you even do what she did having seen no effect from bullets earlier? This was her first time seeing a gun too, so how does she even know how powerful or not it is?
>>
>>172189488
Checked. It's not as bad as The Predator though.
>>
>>172189386
Are you grooming me?
>>
>>172186281
The shills are going mental over this one.
>>
>>172186735
this wasnt woke, she got beat up by her own people, this predator considered her like an insect,
the french guys capture her and fuck her up,
her brother beat the shit of the predator
>>
>>172189526
They already showed the Predator being wounded in every single scene and every Indian it fights wounds it multiple times. Of course the head is a weakspot but it's telling that dozens of men (we're not supposed to like) with guns can't really do shit but one smol Indian girl with one shot basically takes it down.
>>
>>172189556
That other anon was just pointing out you're either underage or completely retarded. Keep your tranny fantasies to yourself.
>>
>>172186281

The girl’s dog was the only part of the movie that I actually liked.
>>
>>172187485
this is a full lie
predator easily kills the natives brutally

angry pol retard
>>
>>172186281
i liked the one with arnie, and i liked the one I watched like a decade ago with with that 70s show guy, morpheus, and the huge-nosed jew who's name I don't remember. i also liked one of the alien vs predator movies I saw. it was super campy and fun.

prey was very meh.
>>
>>172189386
I'm 84 and I was on the set of the original Predator. I held Arn(that's what I called him on set)'s dumbells while he did takes because he didn't want them touching the mud. God, I was strong then.
>>
>>172186281
I'll give it a watch.
>>
>>172188364
>breaks canon and cheats
lolwut? fuck off with your shitty comics
there have been plenty of times when Predators have played dirty
>>
>>172189637
Fighting the bear was good. Too bad it ended up giving him less trouble than Indians that can bounce of trees.
>>
>>172188482
its extremely dark, the directors fucked the lighting
>>
>>172189653
Lost.
>>
>>172189631
Wasn't me, dummy
>>
>>172189036
This anon gets it. The girl benefited from actually observing the Predator from the sidelines while it slaughtered everything else.
>>
>>172189025
The movie is good and you're a polcel who will never have sex.
>>
>>172189688
That was a witty response. Well memed.
>>
>>172189025
>The movie is bad because it makes Indians into superpowered Mary Sues and the Predator isn't a threat to them
>>172189298

you didnt watch the movie
>>
>>172189036
Bro someone LITERALLY tells her "we don't need a cook" when she tries to come along on a hunt.
>>
File: euphoria trannies.png (1.12 MB, 1999x1238)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>172189640
>this is a full lie
Whole truth. Including having to cheat to beat her brother.
>predator easily kills the natives brutally
Kek, liar.
>angry pol retard
Coping tranny retard. You can't even write in sentences, faggot.
>>
>>172189745
There are a bunch of anons who saw it and already forgot most of the dialogue.
I wonder why this happens so often nowadays, even with people that find this website and stick around... do you think it's the netflix consooming cycle that trained their brain to filter everything out so that more could enter immediately after?
>>
>>172189700
It also unironically subverted my expectation when she was covered with mud. Yeah, the flowers that cool the blood stream was dumb but, at least it was set up earlier in the movie. If it bleeds we can kill it line eas done tastefully as well.
>>
>>172189716
We are all just monkeys here to dance for you after all
>>
>>172186281
Modern media kinda sucks so everyone has ridiculously lower standards for everything to the point where something decent by 90s standards is tap-dancin' incredible by 20s standards
>>
>>172189761
>poltards are like jews, getting very angry when that fact is called out
>>
>>172189717
Can't tell if that's bait (i.e. plot elements are described) or you're just a retard. Watch it again after reading that and try to enjoy it. Cope.
>>
>>172189640
ywnbaw
>>
>>172189583
Chudcels too, which makes for great threads
>>
>>172189798
The movies bad. Cope. Call me a chud and storm off because we both know you aren't going to come up with anything clever.
>>
File: 1640922755370.jpg (63 KB, 640x853)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>172189775
All of the dialogue was cliché and forgettable, so I don't blame them. Don't forget
>it knows im not a threat because I continuously fail and run away, that's what makes me the most dangerous
>>
>>172189802
Based.
>>
i was hoping for a pocahontas type movie where the predator falls in love with the hot indian chick and helps her fend off the white pilgrims and together they make half predator hybrid children
>>
>>172189821
>chud thinks if he calls out a chud callout ahead of time it won't count anymore
I'm calling you a chud and sticking around. What do you think about that?
>>
>>172187350
Damn, Prey was actually that good? For me it's Predator and then Predator 2 which I also love, but nothing comes close to the original. I'm watching Prey this weekend so I was hoping it was decent.
>>
>>172189745
All i was saying was, we know what to expect from 2022 (((hollywood))). The fact it didnt go beyond the first 30 minutes surprised me.
>>
File: preds.jpg (180 KB, 900x670)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>172189881
>i was hoping for a pocahontas type movie where the predator falls in love with the hot indian chick and helps her fend off the white pilgrims and together they make half predator hybrid children
>>172189886
I think you're both predictable and too stupid to realize you've already lost. Therefore I'll just ignore you for the rest of the thread. Cope.
>>
File: kkl.png (218 KB, 334x472)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
contrarian 4chan has to hate a movie that people liked...
>>
>>172189916
Only because every other person she was hunting with was dead.
>>
>>172189924
Well at least you admit you have no rebuttal
>>
>>172189957
If it just came out how do you know what the consensus is retard? Contrarianism would be continuously affirming an opinion without giving adequate reasoning or throughtful response to criticism of it (i.e. what the faggots that like this movie are doing ITT). Cope.
>>
File: 1659724418582288.webm (1.49 MB, 1024x560)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB WEBM
>>172189903
i really loved it
>>
File: 1628358363948.jpg (50 KB, 640x751)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>172190014
PEOPLE ARE ENJOYING PREY SO I MUST HATE IT AND SHIT ON IT FOR HAVING A BROWN WOMAN
>>
>>172190000
>that means I won, right?
You can't argue with a retard whose run out of arguments but tries to "win" by dragging things down to a battle for the last word. Ok, ignoring you now. Enjoy the thread.
>>
>>172190058
Black Robe and Dead Man are superior movies which feature Native Americans. Prey is pandering to the point that it ends up hurting the product. Cope retard, it's a bad movie. Simple as.
>>
I'll say something strange but which might be true.
This was color graded on Macs with a gamma around 1.8 to 2.
I've wasted hours trying to find out what spec they followed as conversions really messed it up... they follow no convention...
I don't think they had any forethought about what environments are we going to watch it in.
>>
>>172190021
>fighting white people
>200 IQ

>fighting POCs
>60 IQ

Is this animal activated by the skin color of whites just like bulls go mad when they see red?
>>
>>172190061
>butting in to have the last word by accusing the other of doing that
Lmao. And guess what, you spent your whole Friday evening trying to rant like a lunatic and only convinced people that you’re an idiot.
>>
>>172189924
You can ignore me, but you can't ignore the thought that you're a pathetic chud who gets scared when challenged and backs down before it even starts kek
>>
>>172190118
No, it just relates to them sharing its skin color so holds back.
>>
>>172190061
You're literally trying to get the last word in after you already said you were ignoring the mean chud name callers. You should be charged for the air you're wasting
>>
File: you.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1080)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
This is how It feels when I reply to some of you.
>>
>>172190086
you keep proving that you didnt watch it and you are just shitposting
>>
>>172189596
>the french guys capture her and fuck her up
the last word is one word too many
>>
>>172187708
>referring to predator as capital Y Yaujta

Why are redditards so soi
>>
>>172190021
This post is bait, yes? Because this looks bad as hell
>>
I fucking loved Alien vs Predator and i am not ashamed to say it
>>
>>172190325
I think they respect the thing.
The redpill is in Predator 2 as well, where the glowies act exactly like redditors and the based protagonists btfo's them.
>>
>>172190337
It's well made but it's dumb. Look at the behavior of the retards who enjoyed it ITT and that should tell you enough.
>>
>>172190325
>Regular use of the english language is so fuckin gay just like that website that I think is gay
>>
daily reminder that you're not cool for pretending to like predator 2
>>
File: 1641294455516.png (172 KB, 500x645)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>Regular use of the english language is so fuckin gay just like that website that I think is gay
>>
File: nigg.png (19 KB, 506x197)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>172190432
>>
File: charles.gif (2.9 MB, 290x189)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB GIF
>>172187485
>the Predator goes against mythos and cheats
>>
>>172186281
what the fuck are you talking about faggot?
>>
File: 1636693815366.png (380 KB, 1287x839)
380 KB
380 KB PNG
>>172190480
>>
>>172190480
Virtue signal reviews fawning over a movie that will be forgotten in about a week or so.
>>
he replied to it and he used a filtered memebrain keyword
lmao

this batch glows from afar
>>
>>172190383
>"Yautja" is part of the English language

Holy shit, you ESLs are actually braindead. KYS chang
>>
>>172186656
HEY
OVER HERE
yeah that's right
come and get it
>>
File: 1638739087143.webm (2.96 MB, 1760x946)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
>>172190544
I found this scene aesthetic af. I can't stop looking at this webm.
Predator 2 rulz.
>>
>>172190509
Imagine not being able to come up with anything besides calling someone a chud.
>>
>>172186991
best moment of that film
>>
>>172186991
Based.
>>
>>172186505
>Predator 2 sucks
opinion discarded
>>
>>172190292
You keep proving you can't defend the indefensible and come up with excuses so you don't have to.
>>
>>172190537
Yes, it's a fictional "alien" sounding word that was concieved by an english person and obviously follows english grammar laws if you read it without a lobotomy. You're a dumbfuck
>>
>>172190627
>that was concieved by an english person and obviously follows english grammar laws
NTA but I want to point out he's right and you're a retard.
>>
>>172186967
>That's one of the worst.
lol no.
The Predator is the worst one and it's not even close
>>
>>172190568
i have a sig 226 because of predator 2
>>
>>172190707
i want to believe that The Predator was just that guy trolling the studio "yeah the predatorss want to harvest.. autism powers!" and winning some side bets on how dumb he could make the finished movie
plus what happened to the deleted scenes with predators driving an APC?
>>
>>172188016
>94% from the critic
really? I can understand a 75+ but 94? movie was an ok, 6.5/10-7/10. I still think Predator and Predator 2 are better, but Prey is easily better than anything with Preds since those two (>AvP, AvP2, Predators)
Still Wolf is better than whoever the pred from Prey is
>>
File: 1628485163127.jpg (79 KB, 700x638)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>172190058
>PEOPLE ARE ENJOYING PREY
you must learn to distinguish (((people))) from shills
>>
>>172190653
What? In english please
>>
>>172186281
This Pred felt like some rich kid with fancy toys
>mfw he takes a fucking wolf skull for a trophy and has triumphant roar afterwards
kek
>>
>>172190746
Disney pays me to call you gay and pretend to not hate this movie on 4chan
>>
>>172190653
>>172190627
And my axe! You're a retard bro.
>>
File: 1646675983732.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1080)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
>>
>>172186281
It really is better than the rest of the sequels, maybe Predators is open to debate, but overall it was pretty OK.
>>
File: dd7.png (281 KB, 410x443)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
I enjoy all the Predator movies except 4 and that AVP garbage.
Predator is a fun action movie with memorable lines that's smarter than people give credit for.
Predator 2 almost feels like a Robocop level satire.
Predators is a grimier evolution of the concept with some interesting lore implications.
Prey brings a refreshing setting, has some dense atmosphere and well choreographed fights.

I hope Trachtenberg makes another.
>>
>>172190785
A job is a job anon and these are trying times
>>
>>172190021
Looks like actual garbage on several levels - effects, choreography, costume design, everything. I bet even the music and sound during this part is garbage. Fucking shills have webms saved like <12 hours after release lmao.
>>
>>172186656
Yes, P2 is a cult film. Zoomies have no taste.
>>
>>172190803
Lost lol
>>
File: 1659685411686613.jpg (260 KB, 750x1110)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>172188016
>sucking and fucking white cock for positive reviews
devious
>>
File: cooppe.jpg (37 KB, 766x214)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>172190760
>>172190789
Cope.
>>
File: 1643273459367.gif (699 KB, 450x338)
699 KB
699 KB GIF
>>172190785
>>172190811
you should kys, there is no life for you when you sell your soul.
>>
>>172190789
>two people on 4chan don't understand that a capitalized word is an english grammar structure as was said from the very beginning
I'm surprised there aren't more morons backing you up, honestly.
>>
File: 1629454089755.webm (2.98 MB, 1484x620)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
>>172190825
You definitely need to take your meds and I'm not saying this as a meme.
I had posted this webm like within the 30 minutes after the torrents released. Took me less than a minute to make it.
>1 Day 2 Hours ago
>>
File: screenshot.png (12 KB, 507x188)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>172190760
>>172190789
Got me.
>>
File: 1645846799560.jpg (12 KB, 258x245)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>172190880
>english grammar laws
Either he's a legit retard or doesn't know being a retard on purpose means you're a retard.
>>
>>172190921
>doesn't even know how to inspect element properly
More than one person thinks you're a retard. You also suck at trolling.
>>
The brother guy is doing really convincing acts in front of green screens.
>>
>Predator itself interrupts the hunts of other creatures
>Predator still uses FUCKING RANGED weapons during its honor fight with the brother AND the sister
>Predator goes invisible when losing a fight
>Predator also gets rid of its wrist gadget for no reason despite doing well against the trappers
>The woman makes a HUGE leap in logic that eating the food makes you invisible to predator instead of just playing dead
>Predator doesn't take woman seriously for most of the movie despite seeing her with weapons multiple times even though predators will kill ANYONE with a weapon
>Predator gets slower, dumber and weaker when actually fighting the woman
>A fucking flintlock pistol can actually severely injure the predator
>Predator killed a person who didn't have weapons or means to defend himself
>Predator gets pulled off its feet easily like it only weighs 40 pounds instead of 500
>The woman is actually able to overpower the predator several times in her fight LOL
>The woman is hit several times by the predator head on and only lightly flinches
>>
>>172190971
You seem to be bordering on an aneurysm.
>>
>>172190983
How is that different from any of the other predators and their bullshit?
Not excusing this movie, I'm just saying the predators are notorious for being very fickle regarding what rules they're supposed to follow.
>>
>>172190845
This looks like an obvious paint edit.
>>172190921
The real deal.
>>
>>172190983
>A fucking flintlock pistol can actually severely injure the predator
Get your facts right, chud. Only when shot by the injuns, the frenchies unloaded theirs on the Pred with zero effect, fuck some even bounced
>>
>>172190983
>predator gets slower weaker when actually fighting the woman
It’s literally got a bullet hole straight through it’s head.
R rated movies aren’t for children, it’s a little too grown up for you
>>
>>172190999
You seem like you have no life and are having a meltdown because a few strangers on the internet didn't like Prey and made you feel like an idiot. So you act out with a pathetic trolling attempt to suppress the idea you aren't that bright and can latch on to the illusion you're controling someone's emotions when you're really just acting out into the void. I pity you.
>>
>>172191124
Every single one of your replies is a projection.
>>
>>172191045
This. Everyone acts like Predators are some noble samurai with muh honorabu melee fights but there have been plenty of times when Predators played dirty throughout the franchise.
>>
>>172190939
Does it mirror Chinese grammar? Does it mirror arabic? It follows latin grammar laws which have evolved to be part of many languages, mainly english. Capitalization of a word is based in Latin. The fuckin name of the alien language uses a language structure of earth, primarily english, and capitalizing it like some faggot said was somehow "reddit" earlier is par for the course for the english language. Whats hard for you morons to get?
>>
>>172190983
Based. Trannies are going to seethe and call you chud.
>>
>>172191156
>grammar laws
>laws
You've never studied linguistics and you sound like a retard.
>>
File: notlikethis.png (180 KB, 767x502)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
chudbros, what's going on??
>>
>>172191091
I would buy that the musket would do that kind of damage to the predator since its a bigger stronger weapon, but a flintlock? Many people in real life have survived getting shot by those things
>>
>>172191142
Whatever you need to tell yourself anon. Most of us learned to stop acting out by the time we entered kindergarten. Make a friend.
>>
I was too bussy fapping to the native girl so I think I missed some details...so the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?
>>
>>172191215
Yet another one.
>>
File: 76354725437564.png (447 KB, 764x655)
447 KB
447 KB PNG
>>172191194
brown woman detected
>>
>>172191224
>no you
Get a life, faggot.
>>
>>172191194
>250k+ ratings vs 500+ ratings
Also Predator is still above Prey. Or did you even pay attention to the critics scores? you shouldn't even look at those, only audience matters
>>
>>172191268
Keep trying.
>>
>>172191187
>h-he called the feces shit! Hah! What a retard! He used casual language!
Jesus dude. Are you autistic?
>laws
>law
>law
>lAw
Who gives an absolute flying fuck what word choice I use in the depths of this fucking shit pit website. I'm not writing a final. You're all over the spectrum my friend.
>>
>>172191203
The flintlock was shot at point blank from behind its head and it still survived anyway. Anon is being retarded acting like bullets were literally bouncing off its skin when it was just one dumb Frenchman that shot at its helmet so the bullet bounced back at him like a moron.
>>
How does 2 hold up today? I remember liking it but it seemed real campy. I think I remember it having really good music.

I would say Prey is my second favorite behind the original. But I need to watch 2 again.
>>
>>172189682
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrTXTb03Ixc
Looks fine here
>>
>>172191194
This can't be happening....
>>
I'm more than OK with native Americans getting their time to shine on the big screen.
In a society filled with women empowerment, I'm OK with movies starring a female lead. Ripley, Sarah Connor, etc. because they used their grit and their smarts.
This movie was completely the opposite. It’s a cash grab that takes a beloved character and uses that character to show that humans were way smarter than history states to where they comprehend alien technology so easily. And how women are so strong that a small 90-pound girl can win a wrestling match against a 7-feet tall, bear-benching killer alien that spends each and every waking moment hunting and gathering its trophies. It does absolutely zero justice to the Predator. Absolutely none.
At this point, any time there's a new Predator movie, there's no need for excitement. Because, in the end, the pred is just going to lose.
>>
>>172191345
It's a great campy movie. Prey is better though, and just stole its second rank.
>>
>>172190983
>Predator gets slower, dumber and weaker when actually fighting the woman
>The woman is actually able to overpower the predator several times in her fight LOL
>The woman is hit several times by the predator head on and only lightly flinches
these things are the most egregious even though they are the most subtle to implement (compared to some of the more in your face moments throughout the film), because that slight shifting in scaling gives the viewer such a false perspective on how effective a small woman is to fighting. Its like that one other shitty film where some woman beats up a man in the car with her shoe, knocking him out like she just jiu jitsued him rather than realistically just annoying him.

Its a similar type of thing as that movie trope where the monster is ruthlessly efficient in killing all the jobbers but once it gets into a similar situation with the protagonist, he just mindlessly tosses him around and uses dumb wrestling moves rather than just killing him. Instead of writing in a clever set piece that explains how the protagonist survives the close call while maintaining the monster's sense of threat, its just a shoehorned lazy action scene that eats up run time. A lot of moments in the last action scene were just like that.

Also what was the deal with his gun at the end, if the gun only tracks the shot by the mask, wouldn't the Predator think to know where the mask is before firing it? if it thinks the mask is gone and out of range, does the gun just shoot like a normal gun? Is it just some mask autofire that syncs with when the gun shoots?
>>
>>172191385
I wouldn't expect any creature suffering from severe head trauma to make any well thought out strategic decisions
>>
>>172186281
9 out 10 bots agree, best movie.
>>
who would win a fight

Peak Arnie or a little indian girl?

I'm betting Arnie knocks her up and has a illegitimate love child
>>
>>172191295
>gets made fun of for using a proper (but nerdy) name
>seethes about it for multiple posts
>says things like "grammar laws" that just make him sound more retarded and like he's taking it too seriously
I'm not even the anon who originally made fun of you, faggot. Just calm the fuck down.
>>
>>172190278
Really?
>>
File: pepe 21.png (181 KB, 483x470)
181 KB
181 KB PNG
>>172187485
>all white people in the movie are disgustingly dirty, ugly, and cowardly
Tbf they are French, so no harm done here
>>
>>172191443
Peak Arnie was never able to get it up, anon, it's a well documented fact.
>>
>>172189367
Damn youre actually retarded
>>
>final fight scene wouldn't have happened if she was a little taller
womanlets
>>
File: 1632021075390.jpg (83 KB, 634x634)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>172191460
I think there's like 3 or 4 of us and he's conflating all of us as one person who lives inside his walls and happens to suffer from all his own problems throughout a lifespan.
Typical unhinged libtard/plebbitor.
>>
>>172191345
I loved it back then but I genuinely think it didn't age as well as I thought from memory. I still need to see Prey though.
>>
>>172191494
i thought he got it on with every female cast mate. The girl in predator turned into a milf.
>>
>>172191464
Yes.
>>
>>172191467
They were actually english in the original script.
It's only when the production said no to the natives speaking comanche that they had to switch them to french.
>>
>>172191429
I wouldn't expect any retard suffering from sever headcanon to compute why the movie is bad.

But yeah, basically ignore the pattern of the entire movie that's been pointed out, cherry pick elements ignoring the context described, and insert headcanon. Same behavior as fags who like the Star Wars prequils. If RLM shits on it you'll have all of them.
>>
>>172191531
wait, they were going to have them speak actual comanche? that would have been based...sad most people here can't stand subtitles
>>
>>172191563
Nigger what the fuck are you on about. I was just answering your spoiler tagged question.
>>
>>172190983
i thtink that predator is young/inexperienced
>>
File: 112857.png (81 KB, 781x442)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>172191581
There's a Comanche version of the movie.
Sadly, it's dubbed.
>>
>>172191429
to me that would make more sense that he might be more inclined to finish her off quickly, maybe just go berserk mode and be sloppy about it. But he should have been more aggressive rather than meandering around with the fighting.
>>
File: kek in LA.jpg (25 KB, 209x211)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>172190983
>honor fight
>>
The good:
Time and place set feels fresh and original
The gadjets
Natives as main characters

The bad:
CGI was pretty crappy in some scenes
Predator was pretty retarded in some scenes
Using the gay ass predator race instead of the based one
Girl overpowering 5 grown up men
The magic herbs

7/10, probably the 3rd best predator movie...Predators could be tied but sadly had triple the gay ass predator race so I deducted points
>>
>>172191460
Never once used the name. Simply called a dumbass dumb for thinking a capitalized word was something to complain about? I don't even know what you goddamn morons are caught up on, honestly. I called it a law, so I'm a tard I guess kek Can't even follow the seething coming out of this sperg hole
>>
>>172191636
thats a different anon you replied to there. >>172191563

I appreciate the explanation, makes sense though I still think the way the technology worked wasn't clear to me.
>>
>>172191636
I'm a different anon.
>>
>articles in my country saying this is the first movie with a female protagonist in the predator movies
...man, I know they weren't good but did they forget AvP and AvP2 that fast?
>>
>>172191508
Don't project your nightly DID paranoia ritual on me so casually. It's uncomfortable
>>
>>172191726
Chill.
>>
>>172186281
It's better than Predators second half but worse then the first. Predator 2 is obviously a superior movie.
>>
No, I'm still not going to watch your woke reboot.
>>
>>172191508
I'm just shocked by how easily hurt he seems to be.
>>
>>172191771
Most people classify the AVP films as their own separate film series even if they're canonically connected.
>>
>>172191759
No, it was just dumb, anon.
>>
>>172191801
>It's better than Predators second half but worse then the first
Worse than Predators' first half or do you mean the first movie?
>>
>>172191781
No, I'm literally foaming at the mouth. Can't you tell by my tone? It certainly isn't projection again
>>
>>172186281
No one says this except the same two shillfaggots who have been making the same gay threads all day. You’re just a terminally new faggot.
>>
>>172191822
>they're canonically connected
Not anymore.
>>172191856
Chill.
>>
>>172191777
You've managed to reply with the most batshit insane NPC replies and all I did was to bait you at the long end of a chain that I didn't partake of.
Careful with that random unintelligent anger you might hurt yourself.
>>
>>172191860
It will likely be hailed as the definitive Predator movie in 10-20 years, it's that good
>>
>Preds appearing in Pre Industrial Era Earth before man made climate change
>Preds not hunting neurodivergent people, specially autistic
Way to fuck up the lore
>>
>>172191860
My prediction is that those autists and the few others that will join them are going to spam these threads for a few more days, possible weeks and then /tv/ will handle it just like they handled the Arcane threads and similar others.
>>
File: 1552261175064.png (392 KB, 1066x600)
392 KB
392 KB PNG
>>172190802
>>
As bad as I know Prey will be, it has to be better than The Predator. It just has to be, they were defeated by autism for fucks sake
>>
>>172191888
Not that anon but I'm okay with that. The original was still fresh in people's minds when the first Predator came out, and while Predators was fine, I wouldn't exactly call it memorable.
>>
>>172191942
>As bad as I know Prey will be
Anon... it released a day ago.
>>
>>172191860
Rotten Tomatoes says its the best one period. Highest score in the series.
Still say it's third best. Would have supplanted 2 if it didn't
>have ugly down syndrome predator
>have predator job itself to death
>negate the really cool Raphael Andolini comic
>>
>>172191942
The Predator's main goal in that movie was also to weaponize autism from a child. Between that and the shitty CGI roided out Predator, it was that fucking bad.
>>
>>172191942
Oh yeah, it's better. Is pretty ok despite some mary sue shit. If only because it's concise, simple, self-contained and sticking to the basics.
>>
They go to such lengths to be "authentic" and "respectful" with Indian culture, then they shove the anachronistic feminism right up your ass.
>>
>>172191888
It will be forgotten in about a week. One month tops (it's not even going to have a second phase of hype because it started out on streaming).
>>
>>172191855
Predators' first half, second is messy and retarded. Original movie is by far the best one.
>>
>>172192000
>They go to such lengths to be "authentic" and "respectful" with Indian culture
I dunno, the magical as fuck plant literally took me out of any "authenticallity" in the human side
>>
>>172191888
Sorry amerimutt, your shilling doesn’t work on me. Maybe if you pray extra hard to your George Floyd statue I’ll suddenly start loving woke woman-led direct-to-streaming garbage like you.
>>
>>172191880
Again, I don't understand why you all have such a problem with projecting your rage onto other people. It's unhealthy behavior. Read everything I wrote since the beginning, but imagine I'm grinning and enjoying getting my idiot friends riled for a light laugh before I fall asleep and have a restful nap. That's the reality of this when you're not projecting your anger on everyone. I think you need to learn to separate your emotions from the expressionless words you read.
>>
>>172192047
Didn't read.
>>
>>172192054
Sorry. Should have kepy my words shorter for you
>>
Didn't read again.
>>
>>172191942
It's better than The Predator but it's still pretty bad. In Prey, the Predator is a pussy that gets it's ass kicked a little by every Indian it comes across. Count how many times an indian jumps and bounces off a tree.
>>
>>172192090
Yeah, we know you have trouble. You don't have to draw attention to it.
>>
>predator not realizing his aim doesn't work without the helmet
>predator not realizing his own weapons aimbot towards the lasersight
Three times this faggot fucked that shit up I knew that moment that was going to be his demise
>>
>>172192090
Based.
>>
>>172191880
>le libtard/plebbittorino
le epic baiting my good sir
>>
>>172192177
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>172186656
It's still perplexing they haven't tried to do something titled Predator 3 with both Arnold and Danny teaming up
>>
>>172186505
I wouldn't be that harsh. It is still solid movie. Having bit older, bit fat cop as hero is interesting twist. Shame that Arnold never return for another Predator. But it could also be disaster as his Terminator movies since T2.
>>
>>172192244
Oh by the big chungus, this 100x times.
My favorite part from Predator 1 is when the skeleton shows up when the alien is electrified.
>>
>>172187485
Most movies these days can be filed under "Race Vengeance Porn". Prey is no different.

Same as legit pornos, the plot is irrelevant, so is the setting. It's all dressing for the main focus of that production: wypipo bad > kill all bad wypipo.
They're like injuns in old flicks: one-dimensional, irredeemably evil characters that exist solely to make the good non-white characters look even better and are killed off in frivolous fashion.

I'm not against this per se. I respect vengeance. Even if it's mere cinematic vengeance.

But it'd be nice for those creating these movies and those supportive of this trend to simply admit it instead of pretending it's all about "inclusion", "diversity" and "representation".

They enjoy seeing people of a certain race getting slaughtered.
>>
>>172191888
hahahaha
i laughed i gotta admit
>>
>>172186505
>294 posts
>91 unique posters
hmmm... it's almost like... the shills are in overdrive mode today
>>
>>172192194
I'm 84. I was on the set of the original Predator, you know. One day I was tasked to be Jesse Ventura's spit bucket boy, and I was honored to be in the presence of such a solid mass of a man. He would make me feel safe during the jungle rains. While the thunder and lighting waged a war of nature outside his trailer we waged a war on nature of our own inside it. Against God's guidance, after almost every take Jess (that's what I would call him on set) would take me in the trailer, or jeep, or wherever was available. It was true passion. I had never been with another man before him, and I will never be with another since. Not because I am ashamed, but because I will never experience those highs ever again.
>>
>>172186735
I didnt mind the girl power. I mind the bullshit tomahawk on a bungee cord reinventing the wheel. I mind the "throws tomahawk at elk instead of using the bow and arrow shes carrying on her back". I mind the PSP-tier CGI. I mind the Pred going on a melee rampage.

The John Wick scene where she kills 6 trappers is just the shit cherry on top.
>>
File: thermal-vision.jpg (93 KB, 1150x750)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
My Predator infrared tracker lights up when I see the surname of the (((director))).
>>
File: Prey.2022.webm (2.94 MB, 1920x804)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
highly evolved wolves in this movie
>>
>>172192356
Mostly me and mostly insulting Prey.
>>
>>172192455
>I think Jews are hot
>>
File: 1631026127933.gif (2.02 MB, 300x226)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB GIF
This thread btw.
>>
File: 67542.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>172192244
Shame cause originally in Predator 2 that guy was going to be Arnold's character who was still investigating since the events of 1.
Dunno if he would still have died, but at least it would have been a nice bridge from the two movies.
>>
>>172188016
Do we know what Asian ethnicity native injuns are most related to genetically?
>>
>>172186281
>Guise, it's literally the best since the original xD
Never seen that before.
>>
>>172187485
lmao at the shills scrambling to deal with this post
>>
File: 1600143767045.jpg (54 KB, 400x392)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>172191725
>the good
>natives as main characters
>>
>>172187485
He encounters 6 indians in this movie. 5 of them he kills after like 0 to 30 seconds of combat.
>>
>>172186656
>black mc
Imagine how incels would seethe if that movie came out now?
>>
>>172186281
>>everyone
it's tranny shills
>>
>>172186281
I’m not saying Prey was particularly good, but all of the Predator sequels have been shit. Predator 2 was literally the worst one, I rewatched after it got memed on here and it fucking blows.
Predator>>>>>>>>>>>>>>boundary beyond which films aren’t really worth watching>>>>>>>Prey>>>>>>Predators>The rest>>>>>>>>>>Predator 2
>>
>>172187485
I dunno anon, the Predator seemed pretty badass when it killed the bear by punching it in the face
I think you were just looking for stuff to get upset about
>>
>get shot in the back of the head
>Goes feral enough to cuts his own arm off
>"Durrr why was the Predator so stupid"
>>
>>172194899
are you implying adhd 4chankiddies should somehow have the attention span to notice this?
>>
>>172194899
Pretty sure it was he the one who cut the pred's arm off...she used the spear as a hook to veer the shield to chop the arm

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.