[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

What's incredible about this movie, is that it established the landscape and relative positions of things with establishing shots.

Going into the base, returning to the ship, the chase and the crash: they were all based on the positions and landscape shown earlier.

This is something even the sequel covenant couldn't do.
>>
>>170032769
the movie was silly trash, not worth anyone's time
>>
>>170032769
its full of soul just with few unexplained scenes since ridley scott is an autistic bastard
>>
>>170032769
>What's incredible about this movie, is that it....

....is among the dumbest, most poorly written films ever made. The poor decision making of the characters made me hate every last one of them. The complete lack of respect of the intelligence of the audience was infuriating. It looked nice, but Ridley has demonstrated a complete failure to understand and create reasonable, believable stories and characters anymore.
>>
>>170032769
One of the greatest pleb filters of the last decade. Along with the second season of True Detective.
>>
>>170032769
In comparison, Godzilla 2014 got three scenes or locations in just one fight.

From where Godzilla fought two Mutos you can't see where the eggs and the nuke were. From the eggs you can't see the pier were the final fight happened.
>>
>>170032769
yeah but it was still as bad as covenant
>>
>>170032769
Movie is such a mess. I somewhat like it but boy could it have been better.
>>
>>170032769
There are B space movies that are better than this overhyped, overfunded, damn waste of time.
>>
>>170032769
shit sucked and your guerilla marketing campaign sucks too.
>>
>>170033110
he’s always been a hack
>>
>>170033110
Coincidently watched it again this morning while working.
It's stunning how bad the writing is compared to Alien.
One of the first things someone says is a random crewman who goes "Look man I don't want to be your friend, I'm just here for the money" to some fellow crewman he just met. Comical. Compare that to the way the crew naturally acts and talks in Alien. Night and Day.
Fucking Battle Cat on He-Man is better written that Theron. Hey Spaihts and Lindelof, go fuck yourselves.
Aside from stronk independent "bossy bitch is boss just because we said so", we of course have the two retards who get themselves infected by fucking around with alien lifeforms with zero precautions. It defies belief how shitty people act in this movie.
Now add in the utter jumble of confusing details on how the alien nano-tech shit works, why hyper advanced aliens act like 80 IQ mute retards, why all the Cave paintings on Earth point to a deadly military installation planet instead of the Engineer's actual home planet.. why the Engineers look so fucking goofy... jfc the movie is unwatchable aside from Rapace's acting and the tasty visuals.
Prometheus should be like the student film you make in 79 and Alien is the 2012 masterpiece you make at the end of a brilliant career. But Scott is progressing through time in reverse.
>>
>>170032769
And one of the dumbest things is how these allegedly brilliant retard characters "run away" from a giant circular spaceship in the exact direction it's rolling. This is even worse than Rickon "No Zig-Zag" Stark.
>>
>>170032769
Prometheus is an objectively better film than 3 in every conceivable way, fx, editing, costumes, and the script is on meth but ultimately works as a horror film, whereas 3s script works as a couple issues of an 80s comic for retards but never translates to a film with coherent tone and progression. Yes I saw the work print.
>>
>>170034624
>Prometheus is an objectively better film than...
Nothing.
>>
>>170034242
Just replying to say that I like this analysis
>>
>>170035001
put down the vidya and see more films
>>
>>170034242
>replaces Dan O'Bannon with Damon Lindelof
Ridley truly is a fucking hack
>>
>>170032769
I wanna spend two years with Sharlize in that life support module, fucking, while that trilobite octopus thing watches us from behind the window.
>>
>>170035475
Being a pussywhipped beta male is no way to go through life, son....
>>
>>170035697
>pussywhipped beta male
Whatcha mean by that, dad?
>>
>>170035176
The problem with that advice is that I actually held Ridley to the highest of standards. He creates visual movies that are among the best, and despite some of the weaker scripts in his resume, the films I have seen of his have never been as pants on head retarded as Prometheus.
>>
>>170035186
Dan O'Bannon died in 2009. Around that time they were making another Alien film with Ripley, but the xenomorph wasn't going to be in it.
>>
This movie ruined my childlike anticipation for things. I was so hyped by the trailers, and the movie was complete garbage. It's edited like they ran out of time and just said fuck it. It badly needed rewrites and reshoots.
Movie did me a favour.
>>
>>170035810
Half of the films he directed the decade before had weaker/as weak as scripts as Prometheus, including Hannibal. None quite as wacky, but plenty just as flawed. I just don’t believe in throwing the baby out with the bathwater in general. Just because Burton made the masterpieces Ed Wood and Big Fish doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate his more recent smaller successes Frankenweenie and Big Eyes. Prometheus isn’t the new 2001 but it’s a very effective, moody and mysterious horror film with a brilliant performance from Fassbender and 20/10 visuals, including 3d as good as avatar.
>>
Loved Prometheus. Never seen any of the Alien films before it and don't care to. Old boomer faggots get the rope
>>
Noomi was cute.
>>
>>170036232
Oh yea and people saying "hurr dude crew stupid" are wrong. Like one or two were stupid/too relaxed for the situation but that shit isn't unbelievable. What's unbelievable is shit like Midsommar in which every character in the main cast are fucking braindead cunts to the point of ruining your immersion
>>
>>170036223
>weaker/as weak as scripts as Prometheu
I don't agree with that. The only other film he made that comes close to being as infuriatingly stupid and irritating is covenant. That's the last film of his I watched, and probably ever will...
>>
>>170036232
>boomers get the rope
Like you submissive little pussies can actually go toe to toe with anyone....
>>
I never saw alien before seeing this. The first 10 minutes were amazing, I thought it was going to be some kino about the origin of man. Then it turns into a really shitty alien prequel. I watched the original'79 alien a week later and it was okay I guess.
>>
>>170036406
t. old boomer bitch filtered by Prometheus
>>
Only thing I remember about this movie was that it had cuck shit.
>>
I like Prometheus and Covenant entirely for the David plot: an insane Android with Victor Frankenstein ideals. I just wish it didn’t have to be tied to Alien or need Big Chaps.
>>
>>170033117
same as The Predator (2018)
>>
>>170034242
>we of course have the two retards who get themselves infected by fucking around with alien lifeforms with zero precautions. It defies belief how shitty people act in this movie.
This happened in the original movie too anon
>>
>>170032769
This was like the last movie I remember being genuinely excited for, what a let down.
>>
>>170038195
An egg is a little less threatening than a cobra worm.
>>
File: Prometheus retarded.jpg (55 KB, 764x304)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Today I will remind them
>>
>>170038195
In the first movie they were space truckers, in prometheus they were scientist and xenologists
>>
>>170033110
>It looked nice
well yeah, that's the only thing Ridley Scott can do
>>
>>170038195
it only happened in the first movie because the android disobeyed direct orders
Ripley didnt wanted to enforce the quarantine procedure and if she did the alien would be fucked
>>
>>170038533
Space egg is threatening.
>>170038699
Still they should have common sense.
>>
>>170038831
Ripley wanted to*
>>
>>170038831
The guy shoved his face in an alien egg.
>>
>>170038699
>trust the science, chud
>>
>>170037824
t. pencil neck beta-virgin talking shit while never having been in a fight in their entire pampered life
>>
>>170038842
Space truckers might have common sense, but space scientists have zero excuse for have no containment ideas on an alien world.
>>
>>170038947
Ya seething old timer? Lol you cucked bitch. I'd one hitter quitter you than take a liquid diarrhea shit on your head
>>
I enjoyed both Prometheus and Covenant. I thought they were great and enjoyable films and a refreshing quality in a time were most films are absolute trash and often filled with propaganda.
>>
>>170039408
Prometheus was great but Covenant didn't have the same magic. The acting and dialogue was significantly worse
>>
For whatever hate this movie can take, David is a GREAT character.
And I fucking hate that they butchered him in covenant, instead of actually making him a more and more "anti-engineer" human machine.
But nooo, OUR fucking androids also has to be against us too.
Jesus christ fuck this world.
>>
>>170039270
>seething zetard
I bet your single mother makes you sit down to piss.
>>
>>170033110
This. The snake scene is the worst scene from any movie ever.
>>
no one posted the ergonomic space axe yet?
>>
>>170041326
Pretty much.

People talk shit about Kane in Alien when he looked inside the egg, but he was wearing a space suit designed to protect him, so he looked in the egg with some semblance of confidence. The Prometheus snake scene was just 1000% fucktarded, with zero sense of intelligence or self preservation.
>>
Looking forward to Prometheus III

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.