[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: the martian.jpg (1.32 MB, 3840x2160)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
I should've listened to /tv/. This is probably the most reddit of a sci fi movie I've ever seen. What the fuck happened to Ridley Scott?
>>
>>168010199
He's a hack. I expected something like Mann surviving on the ice planet from Interstellar but feature-long, and we got this travesty.
>>
>>168010199
>What the fuck happened to Ridley Scott?
Nothing, you're just starting to notice that he's a hack most of the time.
>>
He lucked out early in his career by getting good scripts
>>
its reddit-kino
>>
>>168010301
>dude gets blood loss in the native atmosphere of fucking MARS during hours of unconsciousness
>just removes the shrapnel and staples it
>no concern about infection at all
They could've made an interesting plot, but it's just farmville with awkwardly-placed licensed tracks and "I'm gonna Science the shit out of this"; there's not even anything really grounding the protag, like no mention of family back home or a scene of him emotionally dealing with his bleak situation. Fucking roll my eyes into the back of my head when Starman by Bowie plays.
>>
>>168010608
>no mention of family back home
good, dont care

>emotionally dealing with his bleak situation
you think there shouldve been a scene of him crying like a little baby? nah
>>
It's the best out of all those supposedly 'realistic' space movies which were coming out, which isn't saying much.

>>168010608
>like no mention of family back home or a scene of him emotionally dealing with his bleak situation.
the lack of shoehorned bullshit about muhh family and histrionic emotions (designed to appeal to women and americans) is what makes it good
>>
File: All_is_lost-1446182477.jpg (619 KB, 1080x1600)
619 KB
619 KB JPG
I'd like an All is Lost but in space.
Apollo 13 is pretty close, but needs more crusty boomerism.
>>
>>168010738
>you think there shouldve been a scene of him crying like a little baby? nah
You're assuming the least charitable interpretation to what I said, but the reality of the movie is that the protag never really behaves like a person in his situation realistically would, and that goes a way to diminish my own investment in his conflicts and struggles because otherwise his behavior is that of a Rick and Morty character
>Imma be a space pirate
It's fucking lame and I like characters who are presented earnestly.
>>168010879
same at this post
>>
is there any actor that chews more on screen than matt? every scene, every movie.
>>
>>168010904
Love that movie
>>
>>168011093
His behaviour didn't strike me as unrealistic. Maybe you just have difficult identifying with stoic, stiff upper lipped characters.
>>
>>168010199
>DUDE LOVE TRANSCENDS TIME AND SPACE LMAO
Fuck this dumb flick
>>
Is the book better?
>>
>>168011390
Matt Damon in this movie isn't really stoic though. He make light of the situation often, which would be fine if it was shown as a cope for the distress of the situation. Instead it's
>disco le sucks
>this leaking radium behind me sure is dangerous bazinga
>>
>>168011423
I think you are thinking of Interstellar
>>
>>168011263
Good old Matty Matt
>>
>>168010445
pretty much

I never understood why people liked his trash
>>
>>168010904
Great movie, don't tar with this shit.
>>
>>168012146
No, that's the "let's science the shit out of it bro" movie.
>>
>>168010199
It really was bad but not enough to make me hate i rate it a 5/10
excellent interesting concept wasted in a comnepltely fucked up execution.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.