[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: moral orel.jpg (141 KB, 1046x1320)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
Why is Moral Orel making a come back in popularity?

>youtube allows uploads of full episodes of the show
>recent rise in fanbase and popularity (slowly)
>rumors about the show coming back
>love and popularity growing thanks to YT
>slow rise of people making analysis videos of the show

Is it really coming back?
>>
>>168008850
I totally ignored it during its tv run. I only recently sat down and watched all three seasons back to back on yt. I wish I had paid attention when it mattered and we had got all the seasons the creator planned. That fast forward at the end was a nice closure, but I am sad about what might have been.
>>
>>168008923
I think no one really gave a shit when it mattered, but in a way it's also good, when things become too popular, everyone starts to demand changes. Even if the end was rushed, it wrapped up thing rather nicely
>>
>>168008850
The show sucked and tried to hard to be deep on a network for kids to a college age audience.
>>
>>168008850
viral marketing. But also it's one of those shows you get to feel smart for liking because it was cancelled and fade from relevance years ago.

Personally, I didn't enjoy it. It got dark for the sake of being dark. It's one thing to have a point, or if the darkness goes somewhere, but so much of that last season was 'look at this person's sad life!'

I guess the point was behind the Christian facade was hiding a darker underbelly, but did we really need 7 minutes of a women fantasizing about being raped as a child? What am I supposed to get out of it? Is this going somewhere, or are you just going edgy for the sake saying you did?

I don't know, but if you enjoy watching a kid beat up his dementia riddle grandfather, then ok, you do you.
>>
>>168008923
Watch Beforel Orel if you haven't yet. That's really the best closure for the series despite being a prequel
>>
>>168010473
I want to, but I'm not sure where to watch it. Unless I'm paying money directly to the creator then I hate to pay for anything that's not physical media.
>>
>>168010530
Im pretty sure it's on Hulu or HBO
>>
>>168009572
>tried to hard be deep

it got dark sometimes but a lot of it was just really silly shit that made fun of leave it to beaver style wholesome shit.
>>
>>168010600
>>168008850
HBO Max has a wide selection of Adult Swim shows so expect other shows to gain popularity
>>
>>168010772
So fucking tiresome.
>>
>>168008850
>show is dark for the sake of being dark
WUBALUBADUBDUB GODS NOT REAL I AM PICKLE RICK!
>>
>>168012059
If that was dark to you...you're a pussy, sorry.
>>
>>168010530
it's on vimeo, here's the link ID

if it doesn't work just look up "before orel - trust vimeo" in google
>>
>>168008850
Wow a transgressive irreverent dark comedy/drama critiquing organized Christianity in the united states! How original!
>>
>>168012059
>>168012945
>>168009572

literally seething wasps lmfao
>>
My favorite episode was the one where he discovered masturbation and was told that spilling your seed was a sin, so he nuts in hot water bottles and somehow manages to slip his jizz into neighborhood girls and get them all pregnant
>>
>>168012945
>my religion MUST be REVERED and RESPECTED
get a fucking grip, retard
>>
>>168010772
Shame it got ended early
I think that's why in the end they opted for heavy handed "deep" monologues and shit.
>>
>>168013418
the religion he joined last week, even
thought he'd get a church appointed wife who doesn't mind smelly, worthless autistic men
>>
>>168010460
It's karma for what the grandfather did to Nurse Bendy (and maybe Ms secondopinionson, since she is unable to give children, possibly from rape or maybe it's a tranny, who knows)

For Agnes Sculptham (the teacher), it wasn't rape, she let him in

Censordoll the librarian got her eggs removed, so no rape, just trauma and stripped away of something important.

>>168012059
it wasn't about God bad, atheism good. (spoiler) Even in the ending orel didn't abandon christianity for atheism, he still lives as a christian man without the toxicity and hypocrisy of his town.
>>
>>168012059
Watch it first.
>>
>>168012945

It did and it didn't. It was just about real people with real problems that the leave it to beaver style of life didn't really help.
>>
>>168008850
>rumors about the show coming back
It's unlikely, but it would be a miracle.
>>
>>168014034
time to pray xD
>>
>OMG, the show was so edgy and dark WTF???
>talks about stuff that happen pretty much daily everywhere
>>
File: Bloberta Hymentact.png (324 KB, 415x701)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
I could have saved her
>>
>>168014124
Very true. Even the darkest episode Alone isnt that crazy or wild. Its treated with respect, its real, its dark sure but its not some outlandish awful thing, its real struggles people go through all across the world.
>>
File: kevin spencer.jpg (563 KB, 497x732)
563 KB
563 KB JPG
>>168008850
watch some true depression kino instead
>>
>>168008923
I'm pretty sure there was nothing you could have done, they cancelled the show because of the horrifying episode with the raped nurse and the teacher who performed an abortion on herself
>>
>>168014991
The animation is certainly depressing to look at.
>>
>>168013663
We really must be on /tv/ because your projecting in IMAX right now faggot.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.