[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: debunked_.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>A-Anakin, Palpatine is really the evil Darth Sidious and he's playing both sides!

You realize that Dooku would end up getting killed either way, right? Dooku is handless, and Obi-Wan is incapacitated, leaving only Anakin as a capable fighter. The second Dooku tattles on Palpatine to Anakin about who he really is, Palpatine would fucking murder the three of them with only opposition from Anakin for all of 1 to 3 seconds. So why do people think that would have someone saved Dooku's bacon? Palpatine's plan was for Dooku to be killed by Anakin anyways, so if that didn't come to pass, Palpatine would just kill Dooku on his own.
>>
>>157639500
Who said it's to save his bacon? It makes sense that he would say it precisely *because* he knows his time is up
>>
>>157639613
The first time anyone has ever made that argument in these threads, in that case.
>>
>>157639500
Jesus Christ the prequels suck so much, literal shit on film. The only good thing to come from them was the Plinkett reviews.
>>
>>157639703
You’re either a boomer or a tranny. Boomers hate the prequels because you didn’t grow up with episode 3. Trannies hate the prequels because of heckin white male cast
>>
>>157639725
>white male cast
>Samuel L. Jackson, Jimmy Smitts, black dude that played Captain Panaka, everyone of the clone troopers

Yeah anon the cast was super-duper white hehe!!
>>
I love internet posts where someone is so insecure they respond to "what a lot of people are saying" or a "commonly held belief"
instead of specifically correcting someone who says said belief/idea/argument/theory

it's like when people say
>YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO IDOLIZE TONY SOPRANO
when no one is doing that in the thread.
this kind of posting works on twitter, because that website is for the deranged and unstable. but here on mentally healthy 4chan we will tell nerds like OP to take a hike.

make an argument for something or don't. Don't play this shitty game of
>to who it may concern
>>
>>157639775
>le motherfucker man
is in like 5 scenes across 3 movies
>jimmy smitts
is in less than monday to friday plan man. I honestly don't even know who jimmy smitts is. Like I'm assuming he's the only other black guy in episode 1, but I don't even think it's a speaking role.
>>157639775
>black dude that played Captain Panaka
555-come on now. you could very well have made that character up
>>
>>157639804
Take a chill pill and dilate, dude. I can address an issue at large if I want to, and the fact that you let some bullshit about the Sopranos live rent-free in your mind has no bearing on a Star Wars post. Take your faggy Sopranos shit back to one of 15 threads about it currently up, you probably want to fuck Gandolfini's son that plays him in the movie so badly and this is your way to let that aggression out.
>>
>>157639869
You fucking retarded goddamn troglodyte, you're arguing about shit that you just admitted you don't know the answer too. Jimmy Smitts is Puerto-Rican and plays Bail Organa. Captain Panaka was in Episode I and was the main guard for Queen Amidala. I mean Jesus dude, fucking google it, it isn't that hard. Pretending not to understand an argument doesn't refute said argument, it only makes you look like a total nonce.
>>
>>157639890
>issues at large
>star wars
lmao
grow the fuck up gay boy. you're watching a fucking toy commercial.
>>
>>157639938
>use jewgle
no I won't. star wars is for gays and I won't have it. nor tolerate it. You should be ashamed
>>
>>157639500
Why would Dooku care about any of that shit? He’s flying on pure fuckyouatude, he’s screwed either way, might as well fuck over Palpatine before he died.
>>
>>157640089
Palpatine would have annihilated Anakin at that particular instance, it would by no means have "fucked over" Palpatine one bit.
>>
>>157640008
>>157640054
>gets proven wrong on a Peruvian basket-weaving board
>y-y-you're attracted to the same sex!

Man you really told my ass off. Doesn't change you lost the argument. Also the fact that you're go-to is to call someone gay shows that you got man-on-man action going on in your head a bit too often to be considered straight. You aren't supposed to say the silent part out loud, bud.
>>
>>157639500
>Palpatine's plan was for Dooku to be killed by Anakin anyways
True but he thought he was going to live for a bit more time or maybe flee like he always does
You can see it on his face, he was surprised.
When you know that you are facing the chosen one and that you must die because that`s the law then your reaction is...wtf too soon
>>
Interesting
>>
>That's preposterous I've known you since you were a boy
>Don't listen to his Sith lies Anakin and do what needs to be done

Timeline stays the same
>>
I'm new to Star Wars. Why do they call those laser swords life savers if they're meant to kill people
>>
>>157639500
In retrospect this scene is hilarious. Anakin tells Mace not to slay a "defeated" Palpatine because it's not the "Jedi way" even though he decapitated a literal disarmed enemy at the start of the movie.
>>
>>157639500
Sheev told Dooku to go easy, and lose on purpose and that when captured he would be put on trial and Sheev would handle the rest. That why he’s surprised when Sheev orders his execution
>>
>>157640156
>le epic eastern country obscure hobby meme
haha
>>
>>157639500
>>
>>157639725
I grew up with the prequel trilogy and can confirm that they are shit. Not a boomer, nor a tranny, I just know a bad film when I see one.
>>
>>157642408
Anakin was a hypocrite who didn't actually care about the Jedi way, just what was convenient to him.
>>
File: 1634153813260.jpg (302 KB, 750x664)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>157639500
Why would Anakin believe him? This was always the biggest hole in this argument? Anakin has no reason to believe that Palpatine, who has been a friend and mentor his entire life, is secretly a Sith Lord.
>>
>>157642408
That was the whole point. Anakin was being hyporcritical. He only cared about Padme and gaining more power. The whole "from my of view the Jedi are evil" thing was an excuse, a way for him to justify his actions to himself.
>>
>>157642417
Not canon. Dooku didn't lose on purpose, Anakin had just grown that strong.
>>
>>157639500
Its much more simple than that.

Dooku ....by this point... was so untrustworthy that nobody in the Jedi order would believe anything he has to say.
>>
File: Palpatine-TROS-infobox.jpg (312 KB, 776x926)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>STRIKE ME DOWN AND MY SOUL WILL PASS ON TO YOU
>she kills him
>nothing happens
was he just jesting or was it bad writing?
>>
>>157642408
Retard that was the point. He thought that he was a bad Jedi and had been guilt tripped his entire life for his feelings and attachment as well as stuff like this. So the he does this because he thinks its necessary and he's been prompted feeling guilty the whole time just to find out the faggot that was on his dick the hardest didn't even bother hesitating like he did. It basically told him the entire Jedi order was worse than him at his own worst, that everything they believed in could be dropped in a second, and unlike him they wouldn't even feel bad about it.
>>
>>157643537
>wants to possess Rey
>orders Kylo Ren to kill her
>Kylo wanted to kill Sheev at first and he was equal to Rey in Force powers
>Sheev didn't bait him into doing it and possessing him

The whole movie was a mess. The script was just written on the fly. Imagine how much better the movie could have been if Sheev possessed Kylo at the start and we had Adam Driver channeling Ian McDiarmid throughout the movie? Then at the end Rey beats the Emperor throwing away her saber and by appealing to Ben Solo, who was still somewhere in there. Ben rejects the Emperor and the dark side out of love for Rey, then dies because the corruption of Sidious was too much for him.
>>
>>157643537
Bad writing
>>
>>157639500
I've always thought that the idea of Count Dooku is interesting, as in he's a Jedi master who has left the order because he realises it is being controlled by Palpatine, but in the movies it just doesn't come across like that at all. We know next to nothing about him, his goals or anything he wants to do, he's just some generic evil bad guy doing evil bad guy things for no particular reason and then he escapes and dies in the next film.
>>
>>157643717
>but in the movies it just doesn't come across like that at all.
Because he doesn't. He left the order before anyone had any idea that the Sith were back. He's a political idealist, who hates the corruption in the Senate.
>>
File: Conspiracy Weird Al.gif (525 KB, 300x169)
525 KB
525 KB GIF
>>157639500

>The Chancelllor is actually a Sith Lord and has been playing both sides of the war this entire time!

Lol, whatever you say Alex Jones. Take your meds conspiracy schizos
>>
>>157643657
You would still have the pall cast over the entire movie by the mere existence of that little babu frik faggot to contend with.
>>
>>157643717
They give him exactly one scene where he explains himself, telling Obi-Wan that the senate is fucked and that he wants to make him his apprentice, but then he immediately puts him into a fucking death arena. It's a real shame, it undercuts him entirely. The idea of his alliance with the Geonosians doesn't make any sense either as presented, because he's just so thinly written.
>>
>>157639686
What?
>>
>>157643865
Obviously a lot of that would be changed/removed.
>>
>>157643870
He puts him in a death arena because Obi-Wan refuses him retard, he's still a Sith Lord.
>>
Dooku realised Palpatine was completely in the right.
The people voted him into office and democratically decided to become a totalitarian regime.
>>
>>157639500
It doesn't make sense he didn't reveal palatine is sidious, he would have at least got one revenge (either sidious died or anakin did).

The only explanation is if he hoped until the end that anakin wouldnt have killed him
>>
>>157639500
watch the RLM reviews
>>
I don't get why people need to over-complicate things. Can you just accept that he was in shock for getting his hands just cut off and didn't talk because of that?
>>
>>157643161
never gets old
>>
>>157643129
>Hating memes on a Troalxian space-station notice board
>>
>>157643567
Big brain take
>>
>>157639703
>Plinkett reviews
the only thing thats more shit than the prequels is this, fucking kill yourself you reddit nigger
>>
>>157639500
are force sensitive people immune to radiation?
>>
>>157644476
Still undercuts his point of "I do this because I care".
>>
File: low poly dooku.png (45 KB, 160x160)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
Don't mind me just saving this Reddit thread with a passage from the RotS novel
>And he knows, then, that all has indeed been going according to plan. Sidious’s plan, not his own. This had been a Jedi trap indeed, but Jedi were not the quarry. They were the bait
>As he looks up into the eyes of Anakin Skywalker for the final time, Count Dooku knows that he has been deceived not just today, but for many, many years. That he has never been the true apprentice. That he has never been the heir to the power of the Sith. He has been only a tool.
>His whole life—all his victories, all his struggles, all his heritage, all his principles and his sacrifices, everything he’s done, everything he owns, everything he’s been, all his dreams and grand vision for the future Empire and the Army of Sith—have been only a pathetic sham, because all of them, all of him, add up only to this.
>He has existed only for this. This.
>To be the victim of Anakin Skywalker’s first cold-blooded murder.
>First but not, he knows, the last.
>Then the blades crossed at his throat uncross like scissors.
>Snip.
>And all of him becomes nothing at all.
>>
>>157643161
lol
>>
>>157645964
lol yikes
who reads this shit?
>>
>>157645964
>rots novel
>reddit
checks out
>>
>>157643336
It’s so insane it would make sense. Why else would it feel like the war was always a stalemate and the sith were one step ahead
Besides it’s so insane it would stop and make you do a double take and then the seed of doubt would be planted even if palpatine could convince anakin dooku was crazy anakin would still mention this to mace or the council and then the Jedi put 2 and 2 together hiding in plain sight then yoda goes to the arrest instead of designated master jobbers
>>
>>157645722
No it doesn't. It's like if you had a friend's friend who was hellbent on helping the US government give funds to Israel so they could take it over covertly, would you waste your time after revealing more than you already had to when this motherfucker acknowledges you're right but keeps simping for a bunch of politicians? Honestly I'd have killed him right then and there, and I'm not a fucking Sith Lord.
>>
>>157645964
Based. Now post his alien racism rants too.
>>
>>157645964
epic damage control as always
literally every single non-movie star wars medium has been about "explaining" the plotholes of the movies or some retarded OC DONUT STEEL dbz powerlevel bullshittery
so fucking CRINGE
>>
>>157639775
Samuel L Jackson, like Morgan Freeman and Will Smith, are “honorary white” to the schizos, because they don’t make their very existence about the color of their skin, they behave like normal, non-traumatized people.
>>
>>157639725

george lucas decided he was too good for an editor in the prequels which is why they are fundamentally shit from a dialogue and plot perspective

nobody gives a shit about your boner for trannies and lefties
>>
>>157639500
>Palpatine would fucking murder the three of them with only opposition from Anakin for all of 1 to 3 seconds
The same Palpatine who jobbed to Mace Windu in this very same movie?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.