[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>this movie is literally one big third act starring characters you don't care about while main characters from previous movies take a backseat

What did the Wachowskis sisters mean by that?
>>
Reloaded and revolutions were filmed at the same time, maybe they got in over their heads and fucked up the pacing, shit idk
>>
>>156319583
What about Enter the Matrix?
>>
you know the same amount of information about mopheus trinity and neo that you did in the first movie. no wait, morpheus got cucked by some ugly bitch.
>>
>People like "the matrix"
>Next two movies are mostly about the dirty slum that is zion
>People liked the cool fights
>Every fight or battle in the sequels feels like someone smashing two pieces of metal together over and over again
The Wachowskis got lucky with the first movie and could never replicate it.
>>
>>156319875
fuck you
>>
>>156319875
the highway chase is top tier kino, same for the mansion fight
2 was great, 3 was when they dropped the ball.
>>
Why does it feel like I’m the only person on earth that likes the zion stuff
>>
>>156320901
Yeah those are good scenes but none of them ever explore anything interesting with Neos powers beyond stopping bullets and flying.
There is so much cool shit you could do if you could haxx0r your apparant reality and just fucking nothing is ever done with it.
>>
>>156320976
You're that guy who liked going to zen in half-life
>>
File: DGVKVHgU0AAPYDk.jpg (62 KB, 600x767)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>156319759
>ugly bitch
kys
>>
I consider Reloaded and Revolutions to be one movie
>>
>>156319519
What a shitty fucking tagline, holy shit.
>>
>>156321575
>Says she's not ugly
>Posts proof she is
What did he mean by this?
>>
it's literally just matrix 1 but low budget and trannified
I am actually baffled that a movie from the 90s looks better and has better action than a movie made in 2021
>>
>>156321227
it's xen, and it was kino
i'm not the guy you're replying to but I love xen (hate the zion stuff)
>>
File: The_Machines_Matrix.jpg (81 KB, 640x360)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>156321656
>looks better
it's not tho, even fight scenes look like shit now
>>
>>156321656
The sequels had a much bigger budget are you insane?
>>
>>156321575
I think there's more scenes about this retard than morpheus in revolutions.
>>
>>156321777
yes, you're right
>>
>>156321608
Oracle says this tagline in the movie tho
>>
>>156321721
compare the dojo fight from matrix 1 to the exact same scene but in the trailer for matrix 4
I'm not saying Matrix 1 doesn't look dated. It does, but Matrix 4 looks far worse. It's oversaturated, goes over the same plot points but in a more hamfisted way, and just looks like complete shit visually. Also:
>budget morpheus
>omg woman screaming so powerful!!!
>blue haired tranny
>agent smith recasted
>neo alive because, well because he just is okay?
it looks like complete shit, I don't understand how anyone can be excited for it
>>
>>156321692
It's better than surface tension, that's for fucking sure
>>
>>156321823
You’re an idiot disregarded
>>
>>156321816
It's still a shitty line
>everything with a beginning must end
>water is wet
>women have a uteru- oh
>>
>>156321776
having a bigger budget does not make it exempt from looking low budget, also I'm not talking about 2 or 3, I'm talking about the trailer for 4
upon scrolling up I now realize this is a matrix 3 thread, i'm retarded please disregard my posts
>>
>>156321861
You are retarded
>>
>>156321879
yes I said that
>>
>>156321823
>neo alive because, well because he just is okay?
We do not know whether he died or just unconscious in Revolutions. I mean, how many times Neo died and still came back? Even Oracle said we'll see him again one day.
>>
>>156321823
NEO IS JESUS NEO IS JESUS NEO IS JESUS NEO IS JESUS. HERE, WE CALLED THE NEXT MOVIE RESURRECTIONS JUST FOR YOU SPECIAL PEOPLE.
>>
>>156322009
John Connor is Jesus tho
>>
>>156321011
Like what?
>>
File: 20210907_131907.jpg (117 KB, 1756x988)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>156321823
If you don't think blue haired girl looks cool, you're a dumbass
>>
>>156321823
>matrix 4 looks far worse
Kys
>>
File: dassa.png (508 KB, 851x851)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
>>156322333
What a waste of trips.
>>
>>156322219
some control over gravity, send people flying or increase it locally so they can barely move, bending time and space so punches against him wont land instead of dodging (he wont have to) or so his punches will land even when he's out of range or at a bad angle, changing the geography of the matrix by rearranging buildings and shit, or maybe he can hax enemy guns and change the physics of the matrix so their guns wont fire because gunpowder doesnt fire anymore, there's so much you could play with
>>
The Matrix Trilogy (Duology) for me is
>The first movie
>The first 45mins of the second one
I've seen the rest of the second movie, and even the third one. Multiple times even. But it sucks in comparison to the aforementioned parts. Disappointing even.
I prefer to ignore those parts.
>>
>>156319519
Nolan did the exact same shit with TDKR
>>
File: matrix-4-1566468344.jpg (119 KB, 1200x600)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>156321823
You do realize that everything outside the matrix in the original trilogy was sans green filter to emphasize reality, right? Here, the vibrance could mean anything, as a program was finally allowed to mix cookies the way they wanted at the end of revolutions
>>
File: dsc06097_sq.jpg (131 KB, 1800x1800)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>156322333
she looks cute tho
>>
>>156319875
The Battle for zion is dumb, but cool.
>>
>>156322418
But he already sent people flying, and it can be argued that he can't reliably "bend time and space so punches won't land" because they're coming at him too fast. Keep in mind that we see some of his fights basically in slow motion because neo (and agents) can literally break the physics engine in short bursts to dodge bullets. He's also stopped edged weapons with his bare hand, and inserted his code/avatar directly into Smith twice
>>
>>156322657
Wachowskis cast some cute alternative girls

I liked Switch in the original Matrix, never seen that actress in anything else
>>
>Matrix 3 is shit
>>
>>156322850
Monica bellucci is so fucking hot her tits should get their own film credit
>>
>>156322829
>actress
Switch was a man, anon
>>
>>156322821
>he can't reliably "bend time and space so punches won't land" because they're coming at him too fast.
But bullets are fine?
Get a grip anon.
Also we saw him do the jedi push thing which is lame, if (big if) he uses gravity manipulation to stop bullets why cant he flip gravity and make some programs fall up into the sky or something more innovative than nothing at all.
>>
>>156319626
Canon side material
>>
>>156319519
https://youtu.be/9aFVSkncq00

I watched this for the first time in like 15 years. It’s actually cringe now. The dialogue and tone of this movie are so different to the original. And the CGI wasn’t believable even in the 2000s. It’s embarrassing to watch.
>>
>>156323335
Not to mention that the whole thing is pointless. He just slaps them around for a bit and superman's away.
And the sound design is awful too.
>>
>>156323384
>And the sound design is awful too
Bowling pins sound is kinda KINO tho
>>
>>156320901
>the highway chase is top tier kino, same for the mansion fight
the mansion fight is stupid. Neo is supposed to be pretty much God in the matrix, but he still has to stop bullets and hit things with his fists, like he hasn't progressed since before the end of the first movie at all. Really things in the matrix should pose zero threat to him.
>>
>>156323335
>>156323384
They were really padding shit out in 2. This fight is ridiculous (although the effects were cool at the time) and the escalation is fun. But then you have shit like Neo's fight with Cipher in the tea house, because Cipher needed to 'test' him to know he was The One. And the fight just abruptly stops for some reason because Cipher is satisfied?

Dumb fucking movie. The mansion and freeway fights are great though.
>>
>>156322418
Neo was also bound by the tricks inthe Merovingian mansion - they bent space and sent him to Tibet, and he had to manually fly back which took lots of time, instead of just teleporting back or whatever, giving the other characters time to be menaced in a Neo-free scene on the highway.
>>
Reloaded was mostly decent to good. The only real complaints are the pacing of the movie and the overuse of CGI. Every scene with Smith is fucking gold in terms of dialogue and expressions.

>>156323335
This scene (the fighting part) sums up the problems of Reloaded at once, goes on for way too long and relies on CGI (in the 2nd half) way too much. Would have been much better if there was only 10 or so Smiths at once, Neo decides to leave earlier and then we get a top-view scene where we see there were more Smiths coming and Neo did the right thing by getting the fuck out.

Revolutions is fine in theory story-wise (it finishes Neo's story more or less properly unless you are some normalfag that was expecting "they beat the machines and live happily ever after" focus group ending) although the story could use some more work. It's the fucking pacing of the movie and the focus on things / characters that nobody really cared about that killed it. Would have been better if almost all the Zion parts were cut out (with only an a few cuts here and there to show how battle is getting worse and worse for humans) and more focus was given to Oracle/Smith/Neo/Morpheus/Trinity with maybe a couple more action scenes where the rest of the characters do something useful. Maybe prolong the Possessed Smith parts a bit too.
>>
>>156323524
Seraph, not Cipher
>>
>>156322418
>some control over something that isn't even coded into the Matrix
>>
>>156323524
>Confusing Cypher with Seraph
>>
>Programs in the Matrix that know what the Matrix is act like humans and have """"children"""" they need to smuggle out of the Matrix even though it's a reperesentation of a totality of collective human experience
that's honestly where i checked out of the franchise
>>
the witchouchygelding brothers
>>
>>156319519
Reloaded was kino, Revolutions was shit.
>>
>>156319519
>do we have any anime tropes left we haven't crammed into this shit?
>mechas
>whatever just do it, I need to get to my HRT
>>
no hugo weaving no watch
>>
Only thing wrong with Revolutions is padding out a 60-90 minute story into 2 hours

Reloaded is talking talking talking (and only Merovingian and Architect were interesting), Revolutions was actually doing and wrapping the story up. Reloaded and Revolutions can be edited down to one solid movie at 3 hours or less
>>
>>156323518
You got blown the fuck out in the last thread you spouted this shit. Anon those aren't regular programs, this was explained to you.
>>
The second movie would be good if they trimmed out the irrelevant zion scenes and took out the goofy 'soap opera' Neo-Trinity in love bits. The third movie introduces a couple interesting concepts, but its too focused on cheap action scenes to care to expand on anything.

Matrix Reloaded isnt the worst. Revolutions, however, is a mess.
>>
>>156323518
It is implied that the Merovigian crew is more powerful than basic agents. The fact that Neo bleeds in that fight proves that even he has limitations.
>>
Wow... do chuds still not understand Zion and the “real world” was just another level of the matrix?
>>
This movie is going to be so fucking bad
>>
Somebody watch this and give me a QR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQYGbuxYgGg
>>
>>156325434
Why? The machines ironically are bound to humanity spirtually by using their brains as processing power. As machine becomes man, man becomes machine. Neo is half man half machine so he is the next evolution for both species.
>>
that bdsm club part where they go meet the french faggot is utterly and completely bizarre and out of pace
it makes me realize that story about the dominatrix mindfucking the director into becoming a tranny is 100% real and it was happening as the movie was being written/filmed and he inserted it into it
>>
>>156319519
>What did the Wachowskis sisters mean by that?
That Matrix was only the first movie
>>
>>156326429
They also go to a fetish club 15 minutes into the first movie and the Zion scene in the second is basically a giant rave/orgy. Tells you a lot about how Larry was spending his time back then.
>>
>>156326840
That scene is also cut with a scene of Neo and Trinity having sex, before visions of her death give Neo erectile dysfunction.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.