[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: robin 3.jpg (51 KB, 640x639)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Season 2 was a dull onfocused rehash but god damn, 3 was just character assassination on top of character assassination and a lot of shitstirring for the sake of pointless drama.
Every break up made no sense and was contrived as shit, Hopper went from cool dude to overbearing retarded dad, the girls turned into malignant cunts which I guess is realistic at least, Steve was supposed to be the towns cool guy but now hes a complete loser that girls laugh at, and of course they made Robin a dyke after a full season of flirting with him.
Having just watched Season 1 again, the step down is a fucking plunge and a half.
And you would think that after 2 seasons of dealing with this shit the kids would be okay with talking to the adults about weird things going on, but noo lets just investigate russian spies all on our own when we are best friends with the chief of police.
I am disappoint
>>
I've heard people say 3 was good compared to 2 but I figured they were delusional
>>
>>156318579
She really blonks my conkers tho
>>
>>156318579
>Steve was supposed to be the towns cool guy but now hes a complete loser that girls laugh at
Many such cases
>>
>if this show had just been mildly successful, they would've turned it into an anthology, with a new cast every year
>Millie wouldn't have become an ass-eating zoomer-Lindsay Lohan
>Sadie would still be a happy bright-eyed girl, doing Broadway musicals
What a world.
>>
>>156320038
>ass-eating
what
>>
>>156320038
She looks like a drugged out street whore.
Is that what kissing black dudes does for you?
>>
>>156319752
The only people Ive heard say that was because "well the story moves forwards"
and yeah it does, just in all the wrong directions. Despite going through so much together everyone just keeps bickering and whining and acting like retards. All character development gets thrown out the window. >>156319788
She looks like a younger hotter Ana De Armas if she wasnt cuban.
>>
>>156320067
I'm starting to think epigenetics is real
>>
>>156319958
They could at the very least have portrayed it as them growing up, leaving middle school and finding out him finding out he was just a big fish in a small pond but that just doesnt happen
>>156320038
where does the ass eating meme even come from
>>
>>156320058
>>156320165
google Hunter Echo live stream
>>
>>156318579
>Hopper went from cool dude to overbearing retarded dad
Actually this is a good point, the character "development" for Hopper is bizarre, like a horrible parody
It's like he was replaced by a character from the office
>>
>>156320430
>Date an older dude
>Do depraved shit
>Of course shes the victim

Are all women like this or is it just hollywood women that go down the rabbit hole that fast
>>
>>156320538
I genuinly thought I had missed an episode or something when the guy who only wanted to protect Eleven suddenly HATES Mike just because theyre dating.
So he orchestrates them breaking up like a complete sociopath while strongarming himself into a relationship with Joyce?
Its a complete debacle.
>>
>>156319752
it has some dynamic at least while 2 is just a snoozefest with nothing happening
but everyone is dumb and entire season just feels like scooby doo episode written by clive barker wannabe
>>
Whatever happened to the government by the way? There are kids with actual superpowers running around in a small town and the powers that be just decided "welp, they got us on an environment charge, better pack up boys, we will never return here again"
Wasnt the crux of both S1 and S2 that Eleven HAS to stay secret? Did they just get tired of writing that plot point and dropped it off hand?
>>
>>156318579
s1 is just a rehash of goonies and ET stuffed with "muh 80s" nostalgia
the best part about s1 is without a doubt Harper and his journey
making him a moron in season two and an oh so ironic haha 80s action hero bafoon in the third season was the biggest shit ever
>>
>>156320598
teenage girls are very moldable
especially the ones that grow up rather protected and naive
>>
>>156320851
Well yes but its Explicitly a rehash of things like Goonies, Monster Squad, Twin peaks and so on. Thats what we came here for. Right down to the camcorder Bob, the guy from the goonies, uses be the exact same one they have in Back to the future.
S2 by comparison is a rehash of a rehash. Its just not the same
>>
>>156320945
>Thats what we came here for. Right down to the camcorder Bob, the guy from the goonies, uses be the exact same one they have in Back to the future.
>S2 by comparison is a rehash of a rehash. Its just not the same
Bob was only in season 2 though. He dies when Will is possessed.
>>
>>156320678
the "Hopper gets a brain tumour that changes his entire personality" episode
>>
>>156321078
Yes, and its not the tone of the show I take issue with. I have no problems with 80s references. I do have a problem with 2 going nowhere, and 3 writing every character like theyre full on mentally disabled.
S1 ignored the trope of the stupid adults, now 2 and 3 are doubling down so hard that even the kids are being thick
>>
>>156321131
Did they foreshadow this with the Phineas Gage episode? Because if so, bravo I guess
>>
>>156319752
3 was better than 2 in many ways but they are both dogshit anyways so what does it matter. Nobody gets good character development since 2/3ds of the way through season 1.
>>
>>156321141
>I do have a problem with 2 going nowhere,
See I think in all honesty 2 has the most development of all the seasons to the extent if they'd ended the show there it would have been satisfying. It resolves Will puking up slugs and his connection to the Upside Down, Eleven's story is explained better and by the end they're getting to a place where she can actually have a real life and a dad. Lucas gets a story other than just being the angry black guy. Granted 3 manages to completely undo all that and everyone devolves to a few traits and catchphrases who don't even seem to like each other anymore.
>>
>>156321432
I actually fully agree. I should have been more specific and said that the story doesnt really go anywhere. Eleven goes on a soulsearching journey and it doesnt really affect anything except give us backstory for the sake of backstory. And the people back in hawkins should have been more aware of what was going on considering what they all went through together a year back. But yes, as far as character development goes, absolutely, having the series end with Eleven dancing with Mike and all the people being at peace with themselves more or less, that would have been a great sendoff. But since I didnt see S2 until after 3 was done, it wasnt the satisfying finish others who saw it first experienced it as.
>>
File: 1631018344767.jpg (1.62 MB, 4120x4117)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>156318579
>>
>>156322029
I would love to plant my seed in her field so she can satisfy her hunger by eating my crop... if you follow what i am implying

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.