[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tesseract.jpg (51 KB, 600x350)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
So... where the fuck is the MCU even going now?

Like, by the time the first Thor and Captain America movies came out, they had already made it clear
>this is all leading up to the Avengers fighting Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet

But now, there's new movies and new shows coming out, and it's all building towards...?
>>
>>156302975
Thanos 2.0 who wants to wipe out 2/3 of life in the universe. This will be followed in 5 years by 3.0 who will wipe out 3/4 of all life.
>>
>>156302975
Thanos wasn't really in the plan originally. They only threw that in there once they started making Avengers because they knew their films could succeed and if they could get far enough to do Thanos then they would. The main success was being able to do that big crossover from all their previous movies. Now everything is just building up to the next "event" they can rip from the comics, very loosely recreate, and squeeze for as much money as they can.
>>
File: kang.jpg (111 KB, 1200x675)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>156302975
The finale of the Loki series suggests that the new big bad is going to be Kang the Conqueror, who's basically an evil nigger from the distant future who seeks to conquer every possible reality, and every time you kill him, the equivalent version of him from an alternate reality just steps in to continue his work.
>>
Kang, King of Kangs
>>
>>156303201
>every time you kill him, the equivalent version of him from an alternate reality just steps in to continue his work.
Kino.
>>
>>156302975
Multiple universes that broke off at the end of loki.

We'll probably get alternate universe tony stark or captain america coming to help so they can use the actors again.
>>
>>156302975
>and it's all building towards...?
The introduction of the X-Men.. I'm also pretty sure everything they're doing right now is a strategic attempt at blanketing every Marvel movie ever made under the MCU with this multiverse noise.
>>
>>156303201
>literal we wuz
kinda based actually
>>
>>156302975
I doubt it's building to anything. Marvel is basically in the same place as Star Wars. The main storyline has concluded, but they'll just keep on making side stories forever, as long as people want to watch it.
>>
They're clearly doing multiverse stuff with their mainline people like spiderman and strange while loki has already done it and probably setting up this phase. Eventually they'll work their way up to some power cosmic being through eternals, thor and gotg. i don't see what the problems is, a lot of what they've put out is either very good or at least memeable.
>>
File: 1977.png (1.21 MB, 1008x948)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>156303165
>Thanos wasn't really in the plan originally.
The minute the magic rocks showed up Thanos was clearly in the plan, he's been "magic rocks guy" for 40 years
>>
>>156302975
Galactus
>>
>>156302975
>So... where the fuck is the MCU even going now?

It didn't have a direction originally. Fuck all of you people who jumped in because of BANOS. Where do you expect them to start again? They have to go back to less connected movies, and create some seeds.
>>
>>156302975
Everyone shut up about Kang and multiverses, yes they're doing that in some capacity but they're mainly focusing on the Dark Avengers
>>
>>156303165
they probably didn't have him in mind by the time they did iron man but by the time thor had his movie they were hinting at infinity gauntlet and fans were almost agreed that it'd be a dope thing to build towards so people just gave the fans what they wanted and milked them for every dollar they could while doing so.
>>
>>156303288
agreed, but marvel isn't even close to exploring their full potential. Star Wars had a problem in that it was doing its own story with an original setting. Marvel has so many strange villains and heroes that they can do almost anything they feel like and they've historically had a fairly loose definition of what is considered canon. My guess is that if Avengers ever stop making money, they'll just start churning out x-men movies.
>>
>>156303469
No.

Its going to be X-Men.

Everything is being set up to introduce the X-Men from another universe.
>>
File: 723849324.jpg (295 KB, 781x1000)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>156302975
>>
>>156303722
And Cavil will be Cyclops
>>
>kang shows up
>recollect all the infinity stones
>wish him out of existence
>fin.
wow.
phase 4 was short as fuck.
>>
File: nwatvxrvjee41.png (2.71 MB, 1200x1200)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB PNG
Who can surpass Thanos as an icon?
>>
She Hulk hopefully
>>
>>156303829
I think she's getting a TV show
>>
>>156303819
Doctor Doom, if they do him right.
>>
>>156303412
Tesseract being the space stone was a retcon, just like Loki's staff being the mind stone was a retcon. They had the infinity stones and gauntlet in Odin's armory/treasure room in Thor, and they had to retcon that in Thor Ragnarok into being a fake. First time we get an in-movie acknowledgment of infinity stones is Thor: The Dark World.

Besides you can look up interviews, it was Whedon's idea to bring in Thanos and he wasn't apart of the MCU until Avengers: https://collider.com/the-avengers-ending-joss-whedon-kevin-feige/
>>
>>156303819
Doom
>>
>>156303819
>you've seen purple thanos!
>now get ready for....
>James Cameron walks on stage
>I present to you
>BLUE ZOE in Avatar 2 now in the MCU
>200 trillion views on youtube
>earns enough money to bring in a new cinema golden age
>0 cultural impact again
>>
>>156303968
kek
>>
>>156303819
kingpin will be the big bad of the ground level shit (hawkeye, echo, etc)
kang will be the big bad of the multiverse saga stuff
skrulls fit in somewhere in secret invasion/the marvels
>>
Why do the movies have to build up towards anything?
The MCU is all about the standalone character films, where some of the other characters may or may not show up, and then occasionally they come together to fight off some alien invasion or similar trivial bullshit.
Thanos was just another stupid alien. There's a million more where he came from.
>>
>>156304126
okay phoneposter. You're not nearly as smart as you think.
>>
>>156304126
>There's a million more where he came from.

No, their aren't, his people are extinct.
>>
they’ve probably had to reassess and figure a path forward now that Covid-19 and Delta are firmly in the public consciousness. I mean real life has already gave us a greater threat than even a major cinematic villain like Thanos, how will Disney possibly portray anything more frightening than what we’ve had to endure this past two years?
>>
>>156302975
Kang and the Multiverse: Avengers Forever.
>>
>>156303819
Magneto but they'll never do it.
>>
>>156302975
the multiverse going butt fuck nuts
>>
>>156303201
I'm tired of all this forced representation. At least choose a bad guy that looks bad.

Also anyone saying they multiverse shit to being back existing actors is mostly wrong. The multiverse shit is to bring in newer, younger, cheaper actors with the occasional OG cameo.
>>
Kang will be the big bad who will allow them to re-write the timeline and introduce Fantastic Four and X-Men. In the meantime they'll introduce a shitload of woke characters no one gives a shit about. The movies will flop hard, but they'll cover it up by decreasing what the budgets were publicly, studios have used creative math to deem movies successes or failures for years, just saw a documentary about how the studio that made Alien had to file several lawsuits before they could get a sequel made because the studio didn't want to pay them their share of the profits so they used some creative math to claim it was a flop so they could keep the money.

They're banking on people utterly despising these characters. It's a win/win for them either way. If they succeed they have a new moneyprinting machine, if it fails this will be their justification for bringing back the old characters with new, younger actors. Remember when Ed Norton couldn't come to a compromise with Marvel on his portrayal of Banner, so they quietly replaced him with Mark Ruffalo? It'll be like that. That's why so many of the actors they're picking for the new characters are ugly, forgettable nobodies with zero charisma. That makes them easy to replace.
>>
MCU ended with far from home, anything after that is woke garbage
>>
>>156302975
It doesn't seem as focused now. Like there's the multiverse stuff with Kang and whatever Doctor Strange is dealing with and then you have the ground level stuff like Young Avengers and Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers which they seem to be building to with the Disney+ stuff as well. Then there's the Skrull/Secret Invasion plotline that'll probably be important at some point. I probably don't have everything but they're planting a lot of seeds, too many maybe.
>>
>>156303201
Disagree. Kang will certainly be part of it which is great, but i think its more leading up to multiverse including introducing mcu xmen and mcu FF. Especially FF as Doom is gonna be the big bad to end all big bads.
I would not be surprised to see it eventually go as far as a battleworld movie including doom stealing beyonders power.

Doom is the key, im telling you. He's the real reason they need FF, past the obvious nostalgia and how FF really are the marvel "first family".

this is common sense btw, its not like i fucking know the future but this is all 100% fucking accurate and you know it.
>>
>>156306850
Oh yeah and I heard recently that they're not doing exactly the same thing as the Fantastic Four with the X-Men, they're going to have some of the Fox characters carry over instead a complete clean slate. So the multiverse push might be motivated partly by that too.
>>
>>156306329
>re-write the timeline and introduce Fantastic Four and X-Men
i'd kill for a period 60s FF movie with some explanation that "some event" happened and memory holed them until modern times. FF could emerge from the neutral zone or something and reed could freak out about how he somehow fucked up the calculations and they've been there for 60 years (then later we discover he fudged on purpose and there is an over-arching goal/reason for his deception)
>>
>>156306941
I'd love more period movies. Captain Marvel half assed it with the 90s setting. A 60s/70s MCU movies would be great especially when they've teased a bunch of things from that era already like ANTS and other Captain Americas.
>>
>>156302975
That terrible Fantastic 4 movie from 2015. What the hell was that? Why they can't make that comic work for movies?
>>
>>156302975
lady avengers + black falcon
>>
>>156307011
>70s Avengers movie
>Introduce pic related
>>
>>156306850
Isn't doom just a dude with like radiation/lighting powers? Or have the terrible previous FF movies skewed my vision
>>
>>156307244
He has telekinesis and magic. They're teaming him up with Scarlet Witch in a new comic too. He's powerful at base level but then he has a bunch of storylines where he becomes a god and takes over the multiverse etc.
>>
>>156307244
>Or have the terrible previous FF movies skewed my vision
yes.
I'm sure someone else is even dorkier than i am and could give you a crash course, but he's one of the few comic book characters actually worth reading about since he's that cool.
Again someone else can correct me but the gist is he's super smart and was/is Reed Richards' rival, but he combines that super genius stuff with a command of magic that can rival dr strange even.
A shitty explanation would be iron man with magic but its probably good enough for now.
In addition to that he is the ruler of a fictional east european country, Latveria. So he's extremely prideful and while he's objectively a bad guy at least vs the FF, he's not necessarily always a villain.
And for all the monster that the other heroes consider him, his country fucking loves him. Or i guess it depends who is writing him as it can vary from tyrant that rules through fear to benevolent dictator/king that creates a utopia for his citizens - who then can't understand why the fucking thing is punching holes in castle doom walls.
>>
>>156307244
Doom is such and old character with so limited a power set that he's basically Marvel's swiss army knife villain. If he goes up against the fantastic four, he's trying to best a superscientist, if he has to team up with dr strange he's been studying magic since birth, and if he's going up against vampires he's covered because he's got pieces of the true cross worked into his armor.
>>
>>156307796
imo Doom is THE villain of the Marvel universe when it comes to popularity.
>>
>>156307796
>>156307898

I want to clarify that when I say limited, I meant broad, i don't know why i said limited
>>
>>156303201
Honestly I laughed and grinned like a retard during this scene because a black guy was fucking KANG the conquerer, but I liked his performance. Kang is fucking insane and he really sold that which was cool. I am excited for more of him.
>>
>>156303819
I'd like Mr. Sinister out of that group. I always thought he was an unexplored villain and I remember with the cartoon he kinda scared me when I was a kid.
>>
>>156307244
No, Doom is Iron Man mixed with Doctor Strange. He's just a genius with inhuman willpower, those are his only inborn abilities. He taught himself to build his armor and robotics and taught himself magic specifically to free his mother from Hell. Basically think min and planning of Batman, tech of Iron Man, magic of Doctor Strange.
>>
>>156309054
They say if Batman and Dr Doom fight, Batman would win, but only because doing so would further the plans of Dr Doom.
>>
>>156302975

Interdimensional monsters have appeared in most phase 4 products.

Wanda has revealed as the avatar of Cthon and now has extreme reality warping powers.

Kang is controlling the flow of time to reach his desired outcomes.

There are plenty of universal threats already present in phase 4.
>>
>>156309195
true, i'd just be an opening chapter. even if batman beat him its just a doomdrone and doom has already won before the fight even started.
>>
>>156309281
Doom is the only character who gets reddit-batfags panties in a bunch because they never have a good counter for Doom winning even if he loses (he does it all the time)
>>
>>156309370
batman would be handily smash those doomdrones though
>>
>>156305766
>choose a bad guy that looks bad
You mean literally Thanos??? Kang is a good next big bad and works to incorporate the fantastic 4 into the MCU
>>
>>156303492
>give the fans what they wanted
>every other character is made ugly or gay
Thanks Feige
>>
>>156309835
he's working with what he has
>>
Marvel movies have already peaked. Its all just diminishing returns for the next decade of capeshit until animeshit takes off
>>
>Spiderman no way home leading to Multiverse of madness to break the space-time continuum
>fantasic four is now is the line up
>wanda is charged up
they are either going for House of M or Dr Dooms Battleworld
>>
>>156302975
Exactly you fuck. It's open ended as fuck so they get people in seats. But, they have Kang, Contessa Fontaine, and they're obviously doing young avengers. Other than that it's really anyones guess especially with the multiverse bullshit
>>
>>156309914
>Marvel movies have already peaked. Its all just diminishing returns for the next decade of capeshit until animeshit takes off

Yeah, people are dreaming if they believe that they'll maintain the momentum. It took ten years for them to build up to Infinity War, and now they're just raking up fruit with all of these post-climax releases. The remaining OG actors will come and take TV shows and cameos here and there, and the companies will continue to announce expansions and future releases, but there's no way they can push this for another decade and expect to hold everyone's attention for as long. Interest will wane, the money will dip as other trends rise, and they'll end up rethinking those future releases. Not like they can maintain the same stable of actors forever, either.
>>
>>156302975
Killing time until they can introduce the X-men, and then they print money by selling Wolverine merchandise until the end of time.
>>
>>156302975
Who cares? It's all "find the glowy thing" over and over.
>>
>>156311159
So what non-binary person of color is playing nuWolverine?
>>
>>156306850
They'd be stupid not to go with Doom as the next major villain.
>>
>>156306850
this.
Kang is evidence of Dr. Doom being the big bad; Kang is able to time travel because he stole Dooms equipment in the first place. Dr. Doom and all the bullshit that comes with him is going to be the big bad, with a possible appearance of galactis, since its the worst kept secret the fantastic four is on the way
>>
>>156311936
his daughter , x 23 is already a latina in logan. chances are she'll come back in the mcu as the new wolverine
>>
>>156311884
>Who cares?
you cared enough to reply to the thread
>>
>>156305766
Honestly I'm somewhat refreshed that they chose to diversity cast a villain this time. Was getting tired of evil white dudes.
>>
>>156307244
He’s like iron man doctor strange Thor and kin Jon um rolled into one.
>>
>>156312311
>latina
>cis
Not woke enough, sweetie.
>>
>>156310808
>as other trends rise
Like fuckimg what? Capeshit IS the final frontier. You can do space, love stories, horror, kaiju fights, comedies, Harry Potter magic school doctor strange magic school of magic arts, X-men school, dramas, ebin serious shit like the externals. It’s over.
>>
>>156307244
the long standing rumor is Darth Vader was based on Dr. Doom.
Doom is a master of science, black magic / witchcraft (his mom went to hell so he literally learned how to make spells to go get her back) telekinesis and hes petty as fuck.

If you crossed Ironman with Dr. Strange, you'd have doom
>>
>>156303282
orcs are never based
>>
>>156306941
>another "man out of time" story

Did they not just make like 8 Captain America movies with this exact plot?
>>
>>156302975
>But now, there's new movies and new shows coming out, and it's all building towards...?
Multiversal War, iirc there’s a secret wars iteration where it deals with “variants” fighting other versions of themselves, that’s what it’ll lead to, and they’ll blend the original Secret wars and add multiverse stuff
>>
>>156303469
>they're mainly focusing on the Dark Avengers
And Young Avengers
>>
>>156309960
>Dr Dooms Battleworld
I think there was a rumor that the MCU needed info from the creator of the Beyonder (and some other characters), so maybe it’ll be him instead? And I think Doom is kinda far off, they’ll probably save doom for later since the past FF movies all had Doom in some capacity
>>
>>156312955
Doom can be a consistent threat that instigates the “next thanos,” so to speak. And the finale finale is killing Doctor Doom for good 50 years from now. 2070. Imagine that 50 years of Marvel dabbing on DC. It’s over.
>>
>>156302975
Well the only big boy cosmic threats left are
>dr doom
If he manages to do some insane shit which he always does
>dormammu
Who was handled by dr strange solo but time loop wouldnt work again so he could come back
>galactus
The most realistic option, and most probable since they could have silver surfer lead into it then after galactus is defeated he becomes a hero
>kang
Also possible but hed probably be relegated to a filler avengers movie like ultron rather than being the finale villain
>ultron 2.0
Basically a fragment of his ai survived and hed been building up this whole time after watching the various battles, and would likely be enraged at the failure against thanos
>>
>>156313084
>samefag here
With all the multiverse faggotry theyre trying their could be a multidimensional merging of ultrons from different universes to become a mega ultron
>>
>>156313084
There’s also the Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers, while not cosmic level, they can probably be worthy of a “big team up” movie or something, there’s yet to be an evil ensemble (until the S6) but that’ll be fun to see
>>
>>156307152
Disco era Marvel was so great. Bring back The Dazzler as well.
>>
Everyone seems to agree that Dr. Doom would be great, and could finally help F4 be a watchable movie, but I'd like to see the debut of Super Skrull. Marvel should start introducing more of their funkier alien species as villains.
>>
>>156313190
Which version of Thunderbolts, though? The original team which were all villains posing as heroes, the team which consisted of mind controlled villains with chips in their heads, the original team but now reformed and actually wanting to be heroes or the team lead by Thunderbolt Ross as the Red Hulk consisting of him, Punisher, Agent Venom, Elektra and Deadpool seemingly for no reason other than their color scheme matched?

There's other options, I still say they should make a Midnight Sons movie. Blade, Ghost Rider, Man Thing, Werewolf By Night, Satanna, Morbius, Hellstorm, Doctor Strange, they've got plenty of options to play with the roster. Have them fight Lilith with her weird pointy head and fishnets. Put Dead Man's Party on the soundtrack. I'd watch that.

There's plenty of other properties. I'm glad what they were going to do with New Warriors failed because that team has some really fucking entertaining heroes.

X-Men means all the spin-off teams are on the table. X-Factor (government run team) X-Force (for the missions that would be bad PR for the X-Men if they were public as they tend to involve murder) Excalibur (Mutants in Britain, also magic and Captain Britain) Exiles (multiverse shenanigans, usually involving mutants) Generation X (mutants with acne.)

Bring Punisher, Cloak & Dagger, Daredevil, Iron Fist and the Inhumans to the big screen, we can forget the tv shows happened. Well, except for Daredevil.
>>
>>156306329
>re-write the timeline and introduce Fantastic Four and X-Men
I bet they're doing the Spiderman multiverse stuff to see how audiences react. If their test audiences like it then they'll bring back whoever they want.
>>
>>156303201
>big bad is a black guy who wants to chimp out and destroy everything
What did Disney mean by this?
>>
>>156302975
Nothing. Just filling up timeslots every quarter of the year. Greed. Pure greed.
>>
>>156303819
Shuma gorath will be the end boss
>>
>>156302975
There's no plan, they'll just milk as much money as they can before the box office stops giving
>>
>>156315846
not him but for thunderbolts i kind of assumed that was the direction they were going with renner/hawkeye, and bishop to young avengers.
particularly for the mcu, the running theme of hawkeye having a past to atone for, both what he did previously as an assassin and the more recent post snap ronin extra judicial killings etc.
re: red hulk, maybe im in the minority but i hated all of those books and the various storylines that branched off of it. Love hulk but never ever liked the ross red hulk thing. Zero interest in seeing that adapted but its whatever.
>>
>>156316402
>In every alternate version of the timeline in the universe he's an evil dictator except for one and that one instance where he wasn't totally evil just got killed.
>>
File: mcu0003.jpg (777 KB, 1437x686)
777 KB
777 KB JPG
>>156302975
>So... where the fuck is the MCU even going now?
That's what writers asked Feige a few years back and he said just make it abut women and niggers.
>>
>>156316671
I mean they've made Ross a pretty prominent recurring character and he's the one running The Raft right now so it seems to me that's what they're setting him up for.

It's funny, I hate the idea of Red Hulk. It's so lazy and unoriginal on every level. Where the fuck does his mustache go when he transforms?

But from a completely shallow perspective of him? The art of him looks really fucking good. Also Red She-Hulk. She causes a gamma irradiated transformation... in my pants.
>>
they are going to the bank, because after 10 years or however long its been going on they have bred diehards who will watch every movie more than once, I am only planning to watch the new spiderman movies since I like spiderman but I haven't seen any of the other shows or movies past endgame.
>>
>>156313581
>Disco era Marvel was so great. Bring back The Dazzler as well.

Been saying this for years. Could have cast Taylor Swift!!!FACT!!!t8xr0

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.