[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (107 KB, 280x415)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
> a random youtuber makes the most soulful movie of the year
> no one from /tv/ aside from one (1) anon 2 months ago mentioned it
by far one of my favorite movies all time
>>
>>150458395
Shit movie
>>
>Joel Reddit Haver
no thank you
>>
>>150458631
Him and Dan Lotz are total fucking babies. When they get criticized on Letterboxd they demand the comments to get removed. When that YouTube CinemaMaz made a video shitting on them, they sent their army to dislike his videos. "Hehe Hollywood sucks so now watch our better movies" fucking faggots
>>
why did he upload a video of himself crying about his fathers death? its in very poor taste
>>
>>150458895
because he's a soi faggot using his fathers death for likes and clout
>>
how is this faggot so shameless
he keeps consistently shilling his own crap here

my advice is that you should shill in the replies of some other thread instead of starting your own
>>
File: 99721476.jpg (70 KB, 500x500)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>150459566
Is he really doing that? Wouldn't it be funny if the reaction was opposite and anons started to brigade imdb and letterboxd with 1 star reviews...
>>
>>150459566
Take a look at the replies. This dude is a total faggot who thinks he's so edgy because he says Hollywood sucks. You're not allowed to criticize him or Dan Lotz because they make movies from the heart with no budget, unlike evil Hollywood

https://letterboxd.com/xitebrush/film/the-long-con/
>>
>>150459731
It's funny because when you criticize Joel or his friend Dan's shit movies on Letterboxd then you get called a troll. Yet 95% of their good reviews are literally friends, family, and other filmmakers in their YouTube community. One anon from here made a negative YouTube review on one of their movies and they send a brigade to dislike it lol

Btw they block people who disagree with them

https://letterboxd.com/xitebrush/film/sheep-theater/
>>
>>150458895
People grieve in different ways, anon. Some people become alcoholics, some divorce, some abuse their children, others post cringe. He seemed to have a genuinely loving and supportive father, and he seems like a guy who looked up to his dad's kindness in turn. Would you judge someone coping the best way they could in their loneliest hour?
>>
>>150460084
He's still a faggot who makes faggy movies
>>
>>150458895
he and his dad made films together. Why wouldn't he at least inform his fans that his dad died, it would be very poor taste to continue doing films without acknowledging why suddenly someone is missing
>>
>>150460084
>People grieve in different ways
faggots grieve, men endure
>>
>>150460236
>>150460084
Still weird to set the camera up and do the lighting and audio then cry about it then edit it and upload it. It's fucking weird.
>>
>>150460236
And of course he needs ads on the video telling his fans of this.
>>
>>150460152
Don't care, I like faggy movies like Tropical Malady. Maybe you have shit taste.
>>
>>150458395
Ugh, we dont discuss movies here
>>
>>150460285
>>150460326
For people who post on a /tv/ board, you all seem to not pay attention to how fucked every goombah dago gets in life for grieving like a "tough guy."

Your friends are important to you, let them know now before they're gone. Call your parents or whoever raised you and ask how they are. Be real men.
>>
>>150460344
Okay, Joel. Fuck off. Thanks for reminding me to give u a half star review, faggot
>>
>>150458395

I was washing the dishes whilst his youtube playlist was running and this then came on.

Loved it.
>>
>>150460285
>faggots grieve, men endure

Gay dudes are literally the most emotionally repressed and overly buff men on average. Go to /fit/ for 5 minutes.
>>
>>150460236
but why would he tarnish the memory of his father by reminding them that he raised a faggot?
he could have just pinned a comment "RIP my dad. Dab for my dead dad." on the last video of his dad and people would have got the message.
>>
>>150460458
Not Joel, I just come here for Pierce Brosnan threads and recognized this guy's movie. I'd give it a 2 personally, but keep your vendetta if it helps you accept that no one cares who you are.
>>
>>150460543
That sounds like a pretty gay way to love your dad, anon. Did yours fuck you in the ass? Your mother must be jealous.
>>
>>150460559
If u give it a 2 then just say that instead of saying u initially liked it, retard. See even u have good enough taste to recognize it's not good.
>>
>>150458395
Was just thinking about him this morning. I admire his tenacity, making that many films in such short time takes real discipline. The rotoscoping effect he's used on his most popular videos is visually striking.

It's such a shame that all that is wasted and everything he makes is incredibly dull and pedestrian.
>>
>>150458395
Does this guy not know how to film close-ups? Tough to feel any emotional connection when the performances are so far away.
>>
File: 47832479832641.jpg (86 KB, 680x484)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
The galactic emperor series is kino and you can't change my mind
>>
>>150460635
he's still a faggot who plays a cuck in multiple movies. he and his faggy crew delete negative reviews
>>
>>150460664
I don't really care, I admire passion more than quality. Which is why I can tell you're upset you've never cared about anything if it didn't make you upset.

>>150460738
So do characters in Billy Wilder movies, a cuck is a character who you can make fun of while also developing sympathy for. It's standard writing.
>>
>>150461057
I admire quality more than passion. You can passionatly cook a meal that still tastes like shit, I'll take the quality stuff that was probably still made out of passion. You're not going to convince me Brian DePalma and Mel Gibson and other filmmakers aren't passionate too, like Joel suggests
>>
>>150461057
Except they're not funny and they don't even learn a lesson. They just mope around. my main point is they delete negative comments anyway. He's a disingenuous prick. Tons of people have stated this
>>
>>150461165
>Brian DePalma
Incredibly talented but Blow Out and maybe Carrie were his only films that did something interesting

>The Kikekiller Mel
Boring director with fun action scenes.

>you can passionately cook a meal that tastes like shit
True, but when my girlfriend cooks a shit meal, I don't care, because she made it and I can taste the love. Also, food analogies are for negroids.

>>150461241
Yes, The Apartment is a funny movie, and so is Lubitsch's To Be Or Not To Be.
Go ahead, draw a line in the dirt and call those movies not funny.
>>
>>150458895
>why did he upload a video of himself crying about his fathers death?
female brain
>>
>>150461486
Joel, you are not fooling anyone. Your movies are garbage. Go learn how to properly make a movie instead of whining like a ten year old.
>>
>>150461486
>Incredibly talented but Blow Out and maybe Carrie were his only films that did something interesting

DePalma is still a passionate filmmaker. And for Joel and his fans to suggest he isn't just because he's from Hollywood is fucking ridiculous.

>Boring director with fun action scenes.
Whatever. I'm not a Mel fan. I just mentioned a guy who made 1 great passionate film like Passion of the Christ. Even if you don't like it, that film was better crafted emotionally and technically than Joel's shit

>True, but when my girlfriend cooks a shit meal, I don't care, because she made it and I can taste the love. Also, food analogies are for negroids.

Yeah, except I love my girlfriend and Joel isn't my girlfriend. He's a YouTube filmmaker who is supposed to make quality films. I'm not going to sugarcoat shit for a random guy. If he wasn't so pretentious all of the time saying "my films are pure cinema" and "nobody else makes films this honest" then I wouldn't say shit.

We both agree food analogies are for negroids. I concede that point.
>>
>>150461486
The Apartment is well made. The cuck characters in Billy's films (even Woody Allen too) are well written and often written in an insightful way. Joel only wants self pity and we don't learn any valuable lessons. At the end of the day his films just suck. They're YouTube skits. That's it.
>>
>>150461702
>I have no retort
Sometimes you talk to anon that are smarter than you, deal with it negroid

>>150461773
Yeah, I don't know anything about what he and his fans said. I know young artists always need to attack a monolith, and it seems like Haver actually worships DePalma based on his camera work. Oedipal, maybe.

I think Passion is as insincere as Schindler's List is. I think it manipulates in just the same way for its target audience, and doesn't have a clear message. Does the comparison make sense?

>joel isn't my girlfriend
It seems that way based on how people bitch about some somewhat funny Youtuber.

>>150461879
I agree they're skits, but they're funny and well shot, and he could write a good film one day. I think projecting attitudes on the guy seems shitty, given he just wants everyone to feel like they can make work. I dislike his wandering tone when it gets old, but he's got a style that can grow.
>>
>>150462103
>I have no retort
The fact that you are constantly defending his movies and him as an individual is enough to consider you as the person in question or someone who is close to him and based on previous evidence of his infantile behavior towards anyone not sucking his or his friends dick its enough to call you joel himself.
You could have also ignored my reply as bait or someone fishing for (you)'s but you can't ignore it can you? You narcissistic niggerfaggot.
>>
File: 1617369595768m.jpg (42 KB, 1024x498)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>150462350
You cannot comprehend the films I enjoy. Thank you for fueling me with your butthurt, bitch.
>>
>>150462420
You are dishonest individual and have less of an understanding of how a movie works beyond passion itself. Please find another art form to jerk around, might I interest you in modern art? Its full of pseudo intellectual and passionate individuals such as yourself that you will fit right in.
>>
File: 1609531877994.png (41 KB, 309x267)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>150462515
That's right, your anger and sub-human IQ fuel me. Post more, make me laugh so hard I can pass this fibrous shit with a satisfying plunk.
>>
>>150460403
>Be real men.
>upload a video to social media crying about something for attention
>>
File: 1619546529673.jpg (20 KB, 598x554)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>gives his own films 5 stars on letterboxd
>>
>>150462598
Brakhage was a real man too, even if I only liked his birth homevideo.
>>
>>150462515
This. Their only argument is "bro but my films are passionate unlike evil Hollywood"
>>
>>150462798
To be fair, Fuck Netflix.
>>
>>150462616
All of his friends, family, and fellow YouTube filmmakers in their gay folk filmmaking community suck each other off and give everyone 5 stars.

Joel and his friends went on Letterboxd to say this piece of shit is groundbreaking and amazing cinematography and gave it 5 stars... it's nepotism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11H0VbAgO4Y&t=910s
>>
>>150462972
>nepotism

You agree, nepotism is shit and we should stop supporting shitty industries which prop up untalented actors and producers?
>>
>>150462964
I agree, fuck Jewflix. But their brainlet argument is "Hollywood sucks but we're honest and pure" I mean one of them literally made a pretentious film called Pure Cinema where they jerk each other off for 45 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11H0VbAgO4Y&t=910s
>>
>>150463044
Isn't that what Welles said? Sounds like something every new generation complains about.

Hasn't me made a ton of films too?
>>
>>150462972
>>150463044
holy fuck what a kino
>>
>>150463032
I agree, delete Youtube.
>>
>>150463032
Yes, whether it's Hollywood or Joel's shitty YouTube community. We need honest criticism in order to make better art. We don't need grading curves for a Hollywood or these YouTube faggots. I'd respect them a little more if they didn't delete so many negative comments and then demand Letterboxd to remove negative reviews. Fuck these guys.
>>
>>150462972
>>150463044
No one cares for your copy/paste. Make it funnier like the >NO! poster
>>
>>150463131
>Isn't that what Welles said
Welles loved Hollywood.
>>
>>150458395
LITERALLY WHO?
>>
>>150463170
>>150463171
I agree. Keep Matthewmatosis on YouTube and the Safdie Bros in Hollywood though.
>>
>>150463131
Welles could articulate his points. Plus, his films are actually groundbreaking. You will not convince me this (pic related) is "gorgeous cinematography" like Joel and his fans claim.
>>
>>150463231
Have you never seen a Welles film in your life anon?

>>150463294
I agree, but you can't discount any argument entirely. Everyone has genuine reasons attached to their indulgent logic. We should hope for more honesty on all fronts.
>>
>>150458395
looks boring and gay
>>
>>150463369
>Have you never seen a Welles film in your life anon?
I've seen all of them. What's your point? Welles wasn't anti-hollywood on principle. He spent his entire post Ambersons career desperately trying to get back in.
>>
>>150463536
He wanted more funding for Chimes At Midnight, not to schmooze with untalented flock. Go rewatch F For Fake and his posthumous film.
>>
>>150463585
He's on record of having quite enjoyed the schmoozing and always had very fond words to say about all long gone moguls. Read Simon Callow's autobiography, he had a good time in Hollywood when he was there. Other Side of the Wind is far more anti-Euro art film than it is anti-Hollywood.
>>
>>150463835
*biography rather
>>
>>150463835
I'll check the biography, thanks. From his conversations with Paper Moons guy, he seems to shit on Hollywood more and more. Other Side felt like he was taking pot shots only at his own films in the intro, then making fun of the floozies in hollywood at the party. He mocks the mirror hall scene almost exactly.
>>
What is this film about?
>>
>>150460285
>hasn't had sex in years
>two steps away from being an actual incel
>>
>>150464873
a cuck trying to get some laid
>>
I just watched about half an hour of this and it's the most weird cringy shit ever. I like to think I'm a fucking loser but seeing how the women and him all interact is just confusing. It's like they are forcing themselves to think the other person is interesting to talk too or something. I can't explain it. I've never had a problem talking to girls like this

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.