[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: napoleon-dynamite.jpg (142 KB, 1800x1012)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
Zoomer here, just watched this flick.
Why the fuck does everyone praise it? Nothing happens, it's just a movie about 2 autistic guys and their weird uncle.

The whole movie is slow as fuck and it feels like White Pakistan or something. There's no technology but it's not traditional either

It isn't even funny but everyone talks about how it's a great comedy. I didn't laugh once

The dialogue is strange and feels like a bunch of aliens in human bodies
>>
This is basically what a coastie thinks the mid west is like. Anyway that’s why I go to California every summer and kill a white person that looks liberal. 7 years running
>>
>>149246667

Your mom goes to college.
>>
because it was unique for 2004
>>
>>149246667
I think it gets funnier each time I rewatch it.
>>
>>149246667
It’s not really praised at all and completely forgotten at this point
>>
>>149246667
Everyone praises it? That's an exaggeration. The reason you don't think it's funny though is because the humor in it was very influential/influenced by the internet culture that eventually evolved into the stuff you now think is funny
>>
>>149246667
>slow
I've never experienced hearing this argument in regards to a movie from a person that isn't stupid.
>>
>>149246746
Got so sick of hearing this >>149246739 for a year straight
>>
if you don't enjoy napoleon dynamite, you are lacking wit or a soul. i will however for a moment entertain the idea that culture has changed so much that the humor in this movie is unintelligible to younger generations and i'll allow myself to feel bad for you, but understand that this is just a fraction of myself allowing these emotions, i am by and large skeptical of your position and think you actually did enjoy napoleon dynamite, but thought it would be funny to say you didn't on a place where most people do.
>>
File: 1542777510905.jpg (96 KB, 443x455)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>149246667
the ultimate normie filter
>>
>>149247314
How is Napoleon Dynamite witty? Also the midwest is nothing like what the movie shows.

The movie feels purposeless
>>
>>149247359
It's not west it's like way west

Idaho or some shit
>>
>>149246667
Back in 2004, people weren't connected like they are today with technology. So they understood and could relate to the premise of an isolated town filled with weirdos that think they are "the shit". Even the bully Summer, by 2004 standards, would be seen as wierd for dancing with the happy hands club. The film thrives on the premise that this town is isolated both technologically and mentally....which is almost impossible to for zoomers born after 2003 could understand.
>>
BREAK THE WRIST
WALK AWAY
>>
>>149246667
The defect in OP is bleach
>>
>>149246667
Sneed
>>
>>149246667
Retarded fucking zoomer, your generation has lost all credibility to talk about whats fun or not with the disneytier cancer you produce on tiktok

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.