[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Untitled.jpg (760 KB, 1489x2041)
760 KB
760 KB JPG
We had a pretty good Taiwan thread a couple months back, since then I've pretty much made up my mind to go this spring. Going with the waifu, I mostly want to immerse myself in Chinese culture as I'm a sinaboo but I'm too scared to go to the mainland.
Please share experiences and tips. Is it true there are 24 hour indoor prawn fishing spots in Taipei? Does it really take multiple days to see all of the national museum?
>>
File: poli.jpg (123 KB, 1009x1158)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>2393433
I was gonna move to Taichung back in August but got le coof. Been thinking about going to Taouyan or New Taipei instead. Taichung seems dead.
>>
What kind of people live in the dense mountains?
>>
>>2393490
Few people live there but Taiwan has tribal people that aren't Chinese. They're like island tribesmen from Borneo or something.
>>
>>2393490
Abos, unironically.
Wtf do people do here? I'm in Kaohsiung and there is only one real nightclub here and it's a shit hole. I know ktv is popular but it's not like you can show up by yourself and knock on people's rooms or anything, right?
>>
>>2393503
Weird. I always hear good things about Kaohsiung.
>>
How are taiwanese men (sex)?
>>
OP here, I just booked tickets. I'm excited as fuck.
I just pirated the Michel Thomas Mandarin course. But I assume English + gestures will get me pretty much anything I need?
>>
>>2394031
Yeah probably. Put google translate on your phone too.
>>
Clue me in here - what's the attraction of Taiwan? I kind of want to visit China but the visa and covid shit puts me off. Taiwan is just a little rocky outcrop of China with ugly concrete cities and not much else?
>>
>>2394212
creampies .... sex the women, eat night market food
>>
>>2394212

basically boomer sexpatville but for faggs.
>>
Fuck the system this is lawless land
>>
>>2394214
>>2394376
How much is a decent whore there? Is it legal?
>>
>>2393433
Is it true Taiwanese sound gay to mainlandersk8phg
>>
>>2394736
>>2394376
>>2394214
fuck off out of my thread, cumbrains
>>
>>2394031
I got by without really saying anything at all, in any language.
>>
>>2393495
the other way around, people from Borneo come from Taiwan and Chinese people really only migrated to Taiwan in the ~1600s

has anyone had any interactions with the abos? how was it? wanna go to Taiwan someday just for the abos
>>
>>2395054
I've been doing a lot of research and it seems like many if not most of the mountain villages are 'ethnic' communities. They're probably all huffing gasoline when they're not hawking garbage to tourists.
I've been watching this miniseries recently, it lends an interesting perspective to the cultural aesthetic of the island.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYm6OAoKn7U&list=PLQrFjzJJcnrtM0pEDBwhy1jMvMPsrxiPe&ab_channel=PTSPlus
>>
>>2393433
You can literally take a train around the whole Island for $45.
Don't just see the big cities
>>
I literally know every white person in my city. That is how few they are here.
>>
>>2395069
finished e1. I can only imagine how the actual interactions between all those groups in Taiwan were in the past. is it worth finishing the entire miniseries?
>>
>>2394778
My Brother in allah. Fucking COOM is literally the no.1 reason expats go to taiwank.
>>
>>2395069
I think they mostly grow and chew betel nuts in Taiwan instead of what the Aussie abbos do.
>>
File: 1671328639723939.gif (1.96 MB, 256x256)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB GIF
>>2394212
For most people, it's a nice mix of Japan, China, and the west.
>>2395328
kys coomer trash
>>
File: IMG_3200-scaled.jpg (1.09 MB, 2339x1754)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
I specifically chose to teach English on Taiwan for its hiking routes. Elephant Mountain is a good place to start. Next to Jiufen is Keelung Mountain, which has two paths up and down. I recommend the left path since it is more scenic. For more challenge, go for Taroko Gorge
>>
>>2395624
Looks gorgeous. Have you gone hiking in other Asian countries before? I've heard good things about the hiking in Taiwan but I have also heard it's very limited.
>>
>>2395624
What about nice forest? I know there are some 1000+ year-old trees there, I don't care about that so much but I want to find thick shady woods I can feel lost in. I know there are some bamboo forests but they look meme-tier.
>>
>>2393995
Show feet
>>
>>2394212
Taiwan is basically China without the censorship.
>>
>>2395814
Hardly, Taiwan has nothing worth seeing. It is just a coomer outpost. China has some of the most impressive natural parks and cities in the world.
>>
>>2395816
I mean sure if you're into nature and shit china wins but idgaf about that. In all other regards Taiwan wins. Also I look up a lot of dodgy shit on the internet so anywhere with censorship is a no go for me
>>
>>2395879
How bad is the censorship outside of Beijing really? Is 4chan banned?
>>
>>2395887
Nearly every site and app you use regularly is banned. There are VPNs you can use but it's a cat and mouse game and they are really on the ball with that stuff. My friend was uncontactable for over a month at one point
>>
>>2395894
Well shit, I guess remote work accessing data and projects through an American company's vpn is impossible then?
>>
>>2393433
Can someone comment how is/was the situation with visa runs? Is immigration going to be upset if you stay there for a year or two without a real visa? How livable is the situation there without a real visa?
I recall reading I can rent, but not having an ARC makes some aspects of daily life suck.

I'm a European with visa free 90 days. Every Taiwan thread I've visited in the past has been full of helpful information and I've saved some, but wondering if things have changed too much post-covid. I would be looking to move somewhere towards the start of next year, possibly making a visit first to see if I would enjoy it there.
>>
>>2396124
Any Taipei anons who have also lived in Bangkok that can compare the two?
Trying to make up my mind which city I want to fly off to for a year or potentially more
>>
bumping

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.