[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 84 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (955 KB, 850x566)
955 KB
955 KB PNG
For the remote workers and crypto winners with no home

- Where are you now?
- Where are you planning to go?
- What do you do?
- How goes your job?
- How much are you making?
- How's your taxes?
- Post your working setup
>>
File: file.png (7.7 MB, 2678x3086)
7.7 MB
7.7 MB PNG
>>2362525
I'll start

>in madeira, portugal
>going to go home for christmas then to SEA
>python programmer
>10-20 hours/week no meetings
>200k/year
>setup in eastern european country with <10% tax
>>
>>2362527
>python programmer
>200k/year
>I do the same thing and only make 73k CAD / year
I'm seething, but only because I'm happy for you and I'm not sure if you're ungrateful or not. I hope you are a kind person and are experiencing peace.
>>
>>2362606
I freelance and have 2 jobs, consider doing the same
>>
>>2362606
>>200k/year
I really don't understand how people get so much money.
I have a master and program for a bank myself 40h/w, I make less than 30k before taxes.
I feel like I'm doing something wrong... but even searching for other job offers, they all point to the same retributions. I'm based in Italy.
>>
> Where are you now?
Cozy beach town in Mexico
> Where are you planning to go?
Home, so I can sell off the rest of my stuff and tie up loose ends
> What do you do?
Software engineer. Full-time but I'm planning to go freelance
> How goes your job?
Safe, easy. They can't afford to lose me.
Instead of a raise I was offered more equity because they're hurting financially.
Makes leaving for freelance a little harder
> How much are you making?
$170k/year
> How's your taxes?
Fucked because of shitcoin gambling and dumping an old wallet from 2016

>>2362609
What was your strategy for getting 2 jobs? Do you run a solo-LLC?
>>
I'm a software engineer with 6 years of experience and want to work 6-12 month contracts and then take months of to travel. Is that reasonable?
>>
>>2362609
>I freelance and have 2 jobs, consider doing the same
im about to graduate from an american university in CS. i'm so nervous about getting a job haha.
>>
>>2362615
yes, i got contract jobs from us companies (startups who don't care about my work status)

if you have contract jobs, it's way easier to leave because tax liability is on you and not your employer
>>
I've never programmed in my life. What's the fastest and surest way to become a working programmer making decent money remotely?
>>
>>2362651
bootcamp -> web dev

but you cant be a brainlet and you have to work really hard, and getting job 1 will be very hard
>>
>>2362527
I have no idea how this is possible

>have degrees in science
>trying to DM
>go back to school and get ANOTHER degree in data
>know python, R, basic ML, etc etc
>been applying for jobs for months
>almost no bites and none of the bites were remote and all paid 60kish a year.

wtf am I supposed to do.
>>
>>2362653
take the 60k job duh. get another one later
>>
>>2362655
they're only interviews so far I cant even land one! One was EXACTLY what I did in school and I didnt get the job. I'm fucking done with canada.
>>
>>2362658
thank you for reminding me to be grateful
t. fellow mono-degree Canadian earning 73k
>>
>>2362639
Youre from the US originally?
>>
>>2362684
no canadian, as long as you speak (as a first language) english and will work us hours I think us companies will hire you
>>
>>2362527
which country for taxes? I'm shopping around for residency at the moment and have been looking at mexico. buddy told me he is in some entrepreneur program that has a 1-2% tax rate.
>>
>>2362701
never heard anything about mexico but best options right now (that dont require 6 months in the country)

romania
bulgaria
cyprus
georgia
dubai
>>
>>2362651
If you don't have a genuine interest in programming you are going to fucking hate it. Trust me.
>>
>>2362721
thanks fren
>>
File: images (26).jpg (37 KB, 739x415)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2362525
>now
Tokyo

>planning
Wont say, dataminer

>do
Won't say, dataminer

>job
楽しいです

>making
Definitely fuck off dataminer

>taxes
Are you fucking serious

>working setup
Not gonna post pictures

OP was an enourmous faggot today
>>
>>2362525
>- Where are you now?
I'm also in Tokyo right now.
>- Where are you planning to go?
I flip between Japan and SEA.
>- What do you do?
Some different online gigs and contracts. I usually work 15-20 hours per week.
>- How goes your job?
It's a quiet time of year right now, so it's chill.
>- How much are you making?
Enough to live comfortably in Asia (including Japan).
>- How's your taxes?
I pay some unavoidable taxes in my home country.
>- Post your working setup
Two macbook airs running linux.

I'll add a more interesting question:
>How much luggage do you travel with between countries?
I'm a permanent nomad and sometimes I need to wear a suit, so I travel between countries with a large suitcase for clothes and courier style bag for electronics. Once I'm in a country (or taking trips around countries when I'm in SEA), I switch to a 40L backpack for excursions away from my home base.
>>
Anyone here do content writing / copywriting work? too brainlet too learn coding.
>>
>>2362772
I can't comment on content writing or copy writing, but I suspect it's harder to break into that and make a livable income than other fields. Have you considered simply looking for a remote office job? Yeah, easier said than done, but they do exist and you can earn enough to live somewhere with warm weather and warm bodies.
>>
>>2362701
>>2362721
Georgia and UAE are the only viable options there. You want a country that doesn't tax your offshore income like Panama, Costa Rica, Paraguay, etc. Get legal residency and spend your time wherever you want.
>>
>>2362772
Gave up a 72K remote code monkey job that I hated to try copywriting. Made 24K after one year of consistent effort. Went back to coding, now at 120K. Copywriting is a meme.
>>
>>2362801
Almost the same for me desu. I'm earn six-figures doing contract accounting work, I did content writing on the side for a bit and earnings aren't even a fifth.
>>
>>2362525
>- Where are you now?
near kuala lumpur
back to uk for christmas, back to kl next jan or feb, some other countries next year
>- What do you do?
IT stuff
>- How goes your job?
it goes good
at the moment £600 per day. it varies according to contract.
>- How's your taxes?
taxing
two laptops, three monitors, various other bits and bobs
>>2362768
>>How much luggage do you travel with between countries?
i usually have some stuff to bring with me like gifts for family/friends etc so i'm not bothered about travelling light. i usually travel business class when going intercontinental and i have the top tier flyer card so i sometimes have about 100kg+ baggage allowance. one day i might actually bring a kitchen sink.
>>2362772
>Anyone here do content writing / copywriting work?
not at the moment but i have done technical writing contracts. it can be enjoyable but it tends towards being frustrating- getting information out of some people is a nightmare especially if they think you're a non-techie and they are arrogant fucknuts. database administrators and linux sysadmins tend to be absolute fucking bastards. utter wastes of space
>>
>>2362796
well the thing is if you are trying to be a tax resident in the place, your income is usually going to be considered locally sourced (as you are asserting you are living there)

as well, the point is that you need a TAX RESIDENCY CERTIFICATE, and most countries are requiring you to stay for 183 days to get that

> applicant has stayed in Panamanian territory for more than 183 days, alternate or continuous, during a tax year or in the immediately preceding year.
costa rica the same, not sure about paraguay

you need this to prove to your home country you are a tax resident, otherwise you just made up some schizo scheme in your head

and as such your income is gonna be locally sourced, because you or your company is residing in the country

so dubai is ok at 0% but you need 183 days as well (maybe changing next year)

cyprus has 3 months

georgia has 0 days but it's unclear if they will give you an official TRC

romania/bulgaria have 0 days if you have a lease

so if you care about travel paying the 10~% to romania/bulgaria is worth it for 6 months of freedom
>>
>>2362525

>NGO employees LARP In a "haves vs. have nots" thread to keep people on the "we can be independent too!" hamster wheel.

No van-life bullshit in this thread yet? Where's that image of the SNL skit about 'van down by the river' and the modern THOT getting out of a $100,000 van down by the river like she's a "winner".

Being an intelligence asset/NGO influence peddler sure is lucrative. Living in shitty hostals in some third world shithole LARPing on the internet is every child's dream. God forbid you have kids and get a real fucking job.

*sniff*. Gonna go to communion in my F250 and come back and eat her ass again. Enjoy being fucking losers.

DEAR CHINA: Please speak with whatever local cartel operates on the east side of Nicaragua and arrange another oddly cheap 5g Xiaomi I can leave connected to the VPN for you. Thanks. I'm aware the Poco can't quite cut it now...
>>
>>2362525
>Where are you now?
Home, USA
>Where are you planning to go?
Trying to figure that out. I would like to make an effort to learn a language, probably Spanish. I'm thinking about Argentina. I don't like cities too much, so I worry I'll get bored. Anyone know a good 'outdoorsy' city in Argentina? Mendoza looks very hot in the summer.
>What do you do?
AWS
>How goes your job?
Boring but moving toward promotion
>How much are you making?
$125k
>How's your taxes?
standard US taxes
>How much luggage do you travel with between countries?
Depends on the duration of the trip and the destination. Sometimes I'll bring loads of gear for skiing, sometimes I'll bring a small backpack for a summer destination. Tech bulk is a good amount of my haul.
>>
>>2362653

The economy is crashing and tech always gets hit hardest in recessions AND high rate environments because it's a bullshit LARP industry that has a fraction of the real world value the media and labor department makes it out to be.

You and half of the world got addicted to cheap money from the US/EU money printers. Everyone is tightening and it will get much worse before it starts to improve.

Laughable are shitholes like Colombia that only now got around to the 'digital nomad' visa. 5 years late or 10-15 years early and your people will starve and riot long before those 10-15 years come.

Enjoy poverty, you fucking earned it.
>>
>>2362653

Oh and this is a bullshit thread. One of these posters "might" be an actual 'digital nomad' living legitimately on his earnings that are embellished anyway.

Tourism industries and NGOs push this shit because, like all communists, they want YOUR money in the hands of the third world poor. It's the internet - everyone is lying. You're the norm.

And once you do show up in some shithole as a 'digital nomad' with some money, one of these tourism industry employees, cartel whores, or NGO sluts that may very well be an intelligence asset on the side (or IRS informant...) will meet with you on Tinder and take you out. She may (probably won't) fuck you, but you can rest assured your money will leave your pocket and end up in some third world fuck's hands.

Welcome to Globalism, enjoy your stay. Now you know why Myanmar and other Juntas beat the shit out of these influence peddling fucks.
>>
>>2362867
take your meds schizo. why does other people's success make you so mad? I guess it shows you what a loser you are. rejecting reality is your only cope
>>
File: scaled1.jpg (1.72 MB, 1736x2312)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>2362874

>take your meds schizo
>cope

Where's the 'chud' keyword, shill?

Do you tell the people you're told to congregate with in hostals and hotels that you're a social engineer influencing them for Soros the WEF's projected goals for "not owning anything and being happy" in some third world shithole on the relative cheap?

It won't last, and the influence your buying by proxy will just spare you a beating from the local Gov't but not the populace. You know as well as I do you're at their mercy.

CIA says "Hi".
>>
>>2362865
The Colombian remote visa is kinda shit, it's practically the same as the tourist visa. You're only allowed to be in country 6 out of 12 months a year with both those visas.

I bought an investment property there so I could park my money and also avoid any legal troubles back home. But I'm leaving cause my 19 yo gf dumped me. She outplayed a grown man. have to go back to real life.
>>
>>2362863
Bariloche is the city you want
>>
File: scaled2.jpg (3.27 MB, 3468x2604)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
>>2362881

Colombia is collapsing which makes their 2022 Visa changes fucking hilarious. They chased out anyone on an M-visa that can't pass a health exam as if that country needs to be any fucking poorer.

Not that I care since Colombia is such a shithole, but I liked having the visa to have a place to crash for a few month.

You want to make money disappear and play into the Globohomo "it's time to burn the money we printed now that everyone we want to profit has" scam? Invest in Colombia.

>outplayed a grown man

If she was brown you deserved it. At least she didn't pump out a child support payment.
>>
>>2362802
>six-figures doing contract accounting work
How to do this?
>>
To the programmers in this thread, anyone here get paid 100% in crypto? So you know *wink wink*
>>
File: 1668325848997888.jpg (434 KB, 1159x1746)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
>>2362867
>tired of shitty living conditions at high prices
>migrate to a place with shitty living conditions at low prices, often with friendlier women
>THIS IS NIGGER COMMUNISM YOU ARE STEALING FROM THE WHITE MIDDLE CLASS TO GIVE TO THE BROWNOIDS REEE
retard
>>
>>2362525
> Where are you now?
Brazil
> Where are you planning to go?
Stay based here, plus Spain, US, maybe a few others next year
> What do you do?
Network security consulting
> How goes your job?
End of the year is always busy, works good but need to get out of the apartment this weekend for sure
> How much are you making?
$3k - $10k/m depending on clients
> How's your taxes?
Simple for now, it's all regular US LLC taxes and Brazil officially doesn't care if you're staying less than 90 days. Will be more complicated next year when I officially move here
>>
Out of uni I poured my soul into a startup project for 4 years and it flopped, now I'm kind of stuck. I have a comp eng degree but pretty much no professional experience (outside of lying obv). Is there any hope of getting a good remote job or am I stuck in NGMI office hell? Desperately need to claw myself out of my situation.
>>
>>2362927
Fluff your resume and apply widely for remote jobs.
>>
>>2362927
you're a year too late. with all the layoffs you now have hundreds of mid level-senior engineers who want to gtfo and travel now that their insane rent prices are going to hit them like a truck. the job market is worse than it's ever been for this stuff, really there's not much a rookie can do without connections
>>
>>2362927
With 4 years exp you should have no problem getting a remote job, hint bodyshops
>>
File: scaled3.jpg (6.83 MB, 3468x2604)
6.83 MB
6.83 MB JPG
>>2362939

>hundreds of mid level-senior engineers who want to gtfo and travel

A year too late. They'll be traveling on savings with the gun of their future in their face and that's assuming they're alone (so yeah, literally a few thousand people tops... think objectively).

If that's your job description with a plan to leave everything behind and travel as a 'digital nomad' your newest job market competition will be Pajeets in India competing with you on Freelancer and Fiverr.

"B-b-b-but I speak English?!?!"

Good luck with that, silly Goyim...
>>
>>2362915
is blurring out the feet a meme at the moment? i'm sure i've seen it in a few pictures and videos
>>
>>2362942
pajeets aren't competition for western programmers. pajeets produce pajeet tier code. pajeets who can code at high standards have immigrated already and are making 6 figures like everyone else
>>
>>2362946
Lol, you think anyone except autists care about quality of code? Management does not care at all and that's why you see trash code even in big companies in project that real people depend on. Software engineering is not even about code as much as it is about communication, so it's not for autists. Pajeets know as much as other people, they go to their pajeet tutorial and learn all about design patterns, spring and java core, they are all perfectly capable of clearing job interviews. There is crisis now, people getting laid off all the time, and hiring freezes too, especially in good paying "big tech". If you never got this job and you are just starting you are already on losing position.
>>
>>2362860
>if you are trying to be a tax resident in the place
I'm not. That's the point. Legal residency != tax residency
>your income is usually going to be considered locally sourced
lrn2/territorial taxation plzkthx
>you need a TAX RESIDENCY CERTIFICATE
No, I don't.
>otherwise you just made up some schizo scheme in your head
Cope. Enjoy paying the tithe. These threads are filled with low info BS all the time, I can't even...
>>
>>2362952
you aren't a programmer and you are speaking out of your ass

the best you can do if you want cheap developers is hiring eastern Europeans but you have the same problems of terrible communication and shit code

i don't mean functionally shit code, I mean somebody competent is going to have to rewrite everything, requirements not met

google has offices in india, people who work there still make 6 figures usd. the good indian coders are getting paid what they are worth. if you hire 10 pajeets for 20k the output is genuinely worse than 1 competent programmer making 200k

programmer command a high salary because there is simply not enough of them with experience and the output a company gets from an experienced senior engineer is easily 1+ million dollars
>>
All the doom posting on this site gets old. I wish I didn’t make me laugh at much occasionally.

I’m doing the nomad thing for 8 months. Getting paid $100k to write typescript code, vastly underpaid but my boss is cool with me working remote while I’m abroad and finding a new job abroad is basically impossible. I got a lot of interviews lined up last month but no one will hire you if you mention you’re going to need weird working hours being overseas. The nomad thing is kind of a meme in that regard. It pretty much only works for contractors like some of the anons in this thread. I’d like to go that route eventually but idk where I’d get these $100/hr+ contracts, everything online I’ve seen pays pretty meh. Probably just gonna try to do the overemployed thing and get a second job while I work on my startup on the side.
>>
>>2362955
ok, if you don't need tax residency it's irrelevant, I'm talking about tax residency. if you don't need a tax residence you don't even need any structure, you can just have no tax home. there is no point creating structures that aren't legally stable and would fail in court

you only setup a structure if you NEED to be a tax resident somewhere, because your home country requires it

your income is locally sourced if you are working in the country, it doesn't matter where you are paid from. territorial taxation is misunderstood and typically refers to dividends from foreign companies, rental income, or other forms of passive income
>>
>>2362957
Can confirm, I own a large angular/typescript web app for my company that I brought in house after it was built by a 3rd party eastern euro development company. The code isn’t completely terrible, but there’s so much over engineering and confusing design decisions that I do often want to just burn the whole thing down and start over.
>>
>>2362962
You don't know what you're talking about, m8. Please, stop. This is embarrassing.
>>
>>2362968
you are dumb as shit nigger, enjoy getting dunked on by your countries tax agency
>>
>>2362957
yeah, you are right, only american can write good code! only they have have internet and are able to learn. Eastern europeans, pajeets? All streetshitters without internet, and FOR SURE they cannot do this job, that is in 98% of cases same boring, easy as shit CRUD web apps. You are delusional, if you think you need to have top tier credentials and experience to maintain some read from db, save to db simple APIs. You are easily replaceable cog, unless you have domain knowledge, and really good soft skills, again nothing to do with coding.
>>
File: scaled4.jpg (4.03 MB, 3468x2604)
4.03 MB
4.03 MB JPG
>>2362946

While Boeing and the 737 Max are a fine example of Pajeet code, they are a fine example of how sought after cheap coders are.

So again, you might beat the pajeet in the interview, but you'll have to barter down to hostal-tier living (at best when you factor in down time) to win the contracts.

Most of these people will take their money, if they have any, and like retards buy into a crashing real-estate market to 'retire' or 'rent out' somewhere as a last ditch effort at middle class normalcy. They won't be running to the third world to LARP as 'digital nomads'. The ones that run will be the 'investors' to maintain their egos and be laughed at when it loses it's value, doesn't rent out like they'd hope, or have their first meeting with Hector from the Cartel who wants his cut and get a taste of reality outside of their cushy rainbow liberal city.

If you're some tourism shill expecting a second coming of Covid stimmies from the unemployed American tech people you're in for a hilarious well deserved kick in the face.

If you're some third worlder expecting the same then perhaps you should blame your education system or lack thereof for being so stupid.

2008 is, at best, all that's ahead. It's likely going to be worse globally and countries like Colombia that have benefited immensely from the money printing but have solved none of their other internal issues will collapse so running might be naive as well if you're short-sighted and otherwise geopolitically and economically ignorant.
>>
>>2362926
I'm doing network security making 20K/month. Demand is insane and it's recession-proof. You're being dramatically underpaid. I'd look for new work.
>>
>>2362982
I quote $120/hr except one repeat client that's super easy work. Full time gross would be about $19k.
I just prefer to work 1-2 weeks a month so I tell my clients I'm already booked the other weeks.
>>
>>2362867
You're STILL posting photos of this old hag? For crying out loud, dude. Your oneitis is a disease.
>>
File: scalred5.jpg (3.07 MB, 2312x1736)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB JPG
>>2363002

I've had sex since, Chud...

But she holds a special place in my memory...
>>
File: IMG_20221010_121243.jpg (3.53 MB, 2910x3888)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB JPG
>>2363002

The Israeli was so far the best and my new national love. Sweet, always smiling, a sense of humor, fun to talk to, and fun to be alone with at night.

And yes, that's from the Galapagos (Espanola Island). Those rocks are covered with the shit of the elusive Albatross... So worth it.
>>
>>2362971
Hasn't happened in 15+ years and won't. gg @ funding globohomoshlomo
>>
>>2362982
interesting, what sort of work is it (red/blue team, auditing, etc)?
I use to do infra work to prep for pci compliance audits.
>>
>>2363002
>>2363003
>>2363008
Holy fuck i forgot about this guy lmao. Not that I’m glad you’re back or anything fuck off with these gross pics
>>
anyone have work for a CS grad from a public university in the states?

will even give 10% of first years pay if I get the job.
>>
>>2363076
My companies hire devs or DevOps for remote work. However, we tend to hire third-worlders, so GFL competing with those salaries.
>>
>Where are you now?
Boston
>Where are you planning to go?
NY then DC, then back home for a few weeks
>What do you do?
Science
>How goes your job?
I just work when I have free time from living life (most of my work is done by computers in the background)
>How much are you making?
Below poverty line
>How's your taxes?
25% (CA-based)
>your working setup
Buddy in NY lent me a 15 inch macbook for a couple weeks so I can do some graphics work, fucking sick setup. Normally it's an old thinkpad that remotely connects to a compute server stack I have at home + phone
>>
>>2362653
>>2362527

That post about making $200,000 while working 15-20 hours a week is probably a LARP/lie.

Similar to how when you poll guys the average penis size is 6 inches or more. But when penis size is objectively measured by a third party it’s 5 inches on average.
>>
File: lol seethe.jpg (5.36 MB, 2604x3468)
5.36 MB
5.36 MB JPG
>>2363070

The shaved headed Thai dwelling faggot chimes in, everybody.

Daily post to remind 'them' even the fucking Vatican is laughing at them.
>>
>>2362974
i've worked for around 6 companies, 3 of which were American and had overseas contractors and i've seen some great devs. the problem with being a eastern european, pajeet etc. is that you don't have exposure to the latest tools that stops you guys into becoming less replaceable cogs.

>>2363288
15-20 hours is a bit of a flex/troll but i would say at least 50% of my weeks are in that range and i make around the same amount

elon was right
>>
>>2363316
Dude I’m an American in europe right now lmao. You are so fragile it’s hilarious. The way you seek validation from /trv/ by posting these same pics for months is pathetic
>>
>>2363008
This chick looks like a horse lmao
>>
>>2363319
>the problem with being a eastern european, pajeet etc. is that you don't have exposure to the latest tools that stops you guys into becoming less replaceable cogs.
This, but communication skills is also my bread and butter. Maybe professionalism too. It's hard to unravel these things.
>>
>>2362867
>the IRS totally has informants in the third world specifically so that they can catfish digital nomad sexpats that wont pay their taxes on like <500k a year salary
they can totally afford that dude, you are so right and not a schizophrenic autistic retard in any way. please continue to live this way
>>
I just wish I could make money remotely and be free
>>
>>2363355
it's good i think a huge amountof people in tech have a job because of communication skills

anyone in product or management are there because they can talk to other people in the company
>>
>>2363260
How much does your company pay? I can compete with a third worlder in skill at least.
>>
>>2363008
grim
>>
>>2363319
what latest tools?
>>
>>2363288
Correct. I work in recruitment within tech and no one is earning €200k remote. lol such a load of shit
>>
>>2363479
to clarify, i work contract and I have 2 positions that pay 100k each roughly. job 1 is <1 hour per day and job 2 is 2-3 hours per day (not larping)
>>
>>2362525
>in Alaska
>to Estonia
>software eng
>10-20 hours/week, includes meetings
>330k/yr
>~30% tax
>setup: packing at the moment, can share later
>>
>>2362733
Why post at all if your just going to be a faggot about it.
>>
>>2363479
lol yuropoor. its a common salary range in NA
>>
>make about $400 a month online
>this would've been enough to live with before the airbnb jew came along
pain
>>
File: 1667597658057314.png (128 KB, 923x713)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>2363500
> CS student
> -18k yr
> 36 hours a week, includes meetings
> -5% tax (they pay me)
>>
How do you guys even work from home? I'm a contractor who could theoretically just fuck off to Mexico tomorrow, but can't really do shit outside the office. I just fuck around all day doing nothing or binge work for 10+ hours at night destroying my sleep schedule for coming week.
>>
>>2364235
i have regular meetings that i attend that help to keep my schedule. aside from that, its just bang out emails when i need to from my phone or jump on the laptop to do design work.

i really do get most of my work done from my phone tho, i work from the bar more than i work from home.
>>
>>2363394
Depends on experience. The salaries aren't attractive, DESU. You wouldn't be able to live in Burgerland on it.
>>
>>2362862
Schizophrenia is a hell of an illness
>>
>>2362525
- Where are you now?
Canada, born & raised

Bangkok, Thailand in a few months. Went for a month a year ago, had a good time, why not go live there for a bit. After that, no idea, probably still SEA

- What do you do?
Senior fullstack web dev at a midsized American fintech startup, 8 professional yoe, something like 15-17 unprofessional total yoe since I started programming when I was a kid

- How goes your job?
I am depressed and can barely work up the motivation to continue working. I think I do maybe 3 or 4 hours a week of actual work and spend the rest of the time looking busy or working on side projects, with the excuse that "I'm still new" like 6 months into the job. I'm just milking the job to build ~2 years worth of savings then quitting ASAP (or getting fired, whichever happens first) and fucking off until I either go broke/kill myself, or succeed at a side project

$200k/year pre-tax + ~$10k bonuses/year + stock options worth anywhere between $50k and $1m pre-tax depending on the startup's valuation multiplier (I am pre-cliff and will quit before hitting the cliff so I don't actually see them so it doesn't matter)

- How's your taxes?
I take home maybe $11k post-tax per month. The stock options would be double taxed due to my nationality so their value would go down significantly

When remote I have a Win10 gayming laptop with 16GB DDR4, 2TB hard drive space, a 2080, and a mid tier CPU. I take a 4K USB3 portable monitor with me that folds up nicely but I find I never really utilize it well. I have a separate mouse and keyboard. I used to run Arch on the laptop and probably will reinstall soon.
>>
>>2363468
i think nowadays it would be graphQL and making things easy to integrate with your legacy system

in the past it would be setting up all the monitoring with data dog and a proper ELK stack to make sure your shit never goes wrong and if it does you know what the problem is

but there's alot more new shit out there for different sub fields, AI/ML with OTS applications, dbt with data engineering
>>
>>2364397
bruh do urself a favor and take like 200ug of L..sD

>200k a year
>better off than 99% of world
>borderline about to get fired you're so lazy

dude wtf get a grip
>>
>>2364891
enough of any popular psychedelic to throw a wrench in the gears of your shitty behavioral patterns would work
>>
The rent in the area I live is stupid high. So much so that I could afford to buy a plane ticket, get an AirBnB for 2 months in some place like eastern europe or SEA, and actually save more money than if I just stay here. I can't perma-nomad because I'd eventually have a local business trip I'd have to be present for but a couple months out of the year is something I could swing. Thoughts?
>>
>>2364891
this wtf I work a high stress remote job where I actually have to work all day and I make like 40k take home, I wish I could make 200k for a 40h work week. I guess I really do need to learn2code but I hear it's fucking impossible to break into the tech market now.
>>
>>2364920
Georgia, probably. Very tourist friendly, can stay up to a fucking year visa-free and they're okay with you working during that period of time. As far as I'm aware very good CoL, decent culture and recreation and probably very understanding of short-term rental.
If you're just doing a couple months of the year though then all of Eastern Europe is good, Schengen zone is 90 days in 90 days out.
>>
>>2364920
If your company has to fly you someplace, it's not much different from A to B than C to B, depending where you are, if A and C are similar distances from B, and sometimes international flights are cheaper than domestic which could result in a savings for them. Look for a jurisdiction that doesn't tax your offshore income, so you spend the majority of the year not in the place you have tax residency now to break it. Georgia is a good option if you're in Europe, like >>2364978 said. If you're in the Western hemisphere, there are a lot of options.
>>
>>2364976
IT is a bit easier to get into and still high paying, but probably a lot less remote opportunities.
>>
>>2364978
I was eyeballing Poland, Estonia, and Romania. Even considering LATAM countries like Argentina or Brazil
>>
>>2362733
gj fag
>>
>>2365047
>Poland, Estonia, and Romania
Taxes.
>Argentina or Brazil
Also taxes. Consider Paraguay, Costa Rica, and Panama.
>>
CASHING OUT MONEY, TAX FREE

Monero is secure, low-fee, and fungible, meaning users can send XMR around the globe despite corrupt governments or broken financial systems.

IT IS ANON AND PRIVATE, unlike Bitcoin.

For large sums, you sell OTC (over the counter) in person. You get cash. No KYC. They take 2-4% commission fee.

OR you can use Monero to buy gift cards that pays for your gas, hostels, flights, Uber eats, shoes, clothes, everything you need.

Don't be a stupid normie, use XMR..
>>
>>2365115
First world passport holder SEA loop.

The idea is to live 3 months in each country (max limit) and then move to another country on a tourist visa. You don't become a tax residence. Most SEA monkey countries don't bother tourists with tax.

CHEAP TIER

Malaysia (3 month tourist visa)
Taiwan (3 month tourist visa)
Thailand (extendable up to 3 months or 1-year scam education visa)
Vietnam (1 month max visa, can do unlimited visa run)
Cambodia (1 month visa, can do scam biz visa for $300 annually)
Indonesia (extendable up to 3 months before leaving the country)
Philippines (1 month tourist visa, extendable up to 3 years without leaving country)

EXPENSIVE TIER

Japan (3 month tourist visa)
Korea (3-6 month tourist visa, depending on your passport)

Maybe we can have list for central Asia and Africa but those are dangerous shitholes that people don't wanna visit.
>>
Anybody who thinks they're gonna be able to live tax free is retarded. For the rational lads out there, here's my current set up in Cyprus (moved here from Aus)

>12.5% Company Tax Rate
>No Capital Gains Tax
>2.5% Social Contribution on Dividends
>Easy for Non-EU to get permit through digital nomad visa or temporary visa
>Massive Euro entrepreneur community, so socialising is never a problem for non-spergs
>Only have to stay in the country for 2 months for tax residency (with conditions that are easy to fulfil if you're not a retard)
>Well connected to Europe, elsewhere not so much. Close to Dubai though.
>Apartments in most cities still pretty cheap
>Cost of living is low
>Safest country Ive ever been to. Really relaxed. Weather is perfect
>Not gonna be targeted by any countries because technically they have high income tax. Obviously you get around this by paying yourself a dividend (which is income tax exempt)

Only thing is to watch out for shady lawyers at the start and dont get overcharged for set up. Make sure to join the entrepreneur telegram & FB groups so they can guide you. Good luck anon, might see you there one day.
>>
File: 8d6.jpg (81 KB, 645x729)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>2365119
Any recommendations for places to check out before fully committing? Might visit there next year.

>I can avoid taxes by perpetually travelling SEA like a hobo.
Pic Rel.
>>
>>2362527
>python programmer
>do it for free
>5 hours a week + full time high school classes
>live with mom
>>
>>2365132
>I can avoid taxes by perpetually travelling SEA like a hobo.
This is a *digital nomad* thread. Remote workers who want to move somewhere permanently to avoid taxes are welcome to post here, but if they don't like the idea of actually being a *nomad* they can fuck off and make their own thread.
>>
>>2365088
I'd be there for less than 90 days at a stretch. how are they going to nail me on taxes?
>>
>>2365237
>how are they going to nail me on taxes?
space lasers
>>
>>2365237
They won't, but maybe your country of tax residence wants to see you establish residency elsewhere as part of breaking your tributary obligations there. You want to build a residency portfolio anyway. Not only for flag theory but also for what we saw during the coof scamdemic wherein you could enter certain countries if you were a resident.
>>2365132
>>I can avoid taxes by perpetually travelling SEA like a hobo.
P. much works like this, depending where you live. Sounds like you have a shit citizenship/residency portfolio. Cope, flaglet.
>>
I've done a lots of differents things in the industry and worked ( but being established ) in several countries.

Any tips/pointers/run-down how to bootstrap the nomad life gig wise ?

Bonus Q : where to find gig paid in crypto ?
>>
>>2365252
>They won't, but maybe your country of tax residence wants to see you establish residency elsewhere as part of breaking your tributary obligations there.

bruh i'm not getting that crazy with this shit. I just want to pop off a few months outta the year.
>>
>>2365119
what's a reasonable cost to spend the 2 months in a year for tax residency and then keep the company going year-round from abroad? Do you need to permanently pay some overpriced foreigner specialized accountant faggot or is it easy?
>>
>>2365273
This is not the guy whose advice you want.
>Verification not required.
>>
>>2365276
I mean I'd DYOR the absolute shit out of everything before making an actual move but anons can often suggest a good starting path
>>
>>2365118
>Central Asia
>dangerous
Only if you account for the dangers of road traffic.
The ex-USSR countries in Central Asia are surprisingly peaceful, especially if you're not a glowie.

If you're from the west they now also have fairly good visa-free policies:
- Kazakhstan 30 days, maximum 90 days in 180 days
- Kyrgyzstan 60 days, unlimited visa runs possible, can apply for a 90-day e-visa, longer term visas and work permits can be bought without much problems once inside the country
- Uzbekistan 30 days, visa runs possible
- Tajikistan 30 days, visa runs possible, can apply for 60 day e-visa

Using the visa situation above, you can easily construct your Central Asia loop for as long as you want.
>>
>>2365218
If you hold citizenship in a first world country and don't have tax residency established (i.e. a government you're paying income tax to) enjoy jail time or a big tax bill when it eventually catches up to you. I've been a DN for over 10 years and learnt this the hard way. A lot of advice you see online is completely wrong about this topic.
>>
>>2365378
This is FUD. Nice try, Shlomo. For people with citizenship of a country with such a requirement, it can be as low as 1% which is what Henderson claims to pay.

Your structure is dildos. Your citizenship/residency passports are lacking. You can avoid having to pay income tax legally if you have a tier A passport.

My friends and I have been doing it for years. If you expat and are paying double digit % in income tax, you have failed. You need to read a bit more and swallow your pride.
>>
>>2365382
Lol Henderson, the guy from nomad capitalist known for scaming people out of $50,000+? I'm sure you're on the ball if you're getting your information from places like that.

I think you're missing my point. If you have tax residency in a place like Bahrain (0%) and can prove it, it's fine. But if you're hiding in SEA without establishing any tax residency, your country (or countries) of citizenship will eventually come knocking. They'll ream you if you have no paperwork proving you've been filing taxes somewhere.
>>
>>2365394
Henderson gets a lot wrong, but he has the best public site. It's a good news source although some of it is compiled by EE roasties. That's about it for me.

For some countries, you need to spend 183 days/year elsewhere and that's it. You don't need legal residency. I advocate for establishing legal residency in territorial tax jurisdictions as part of a smart strategy anyway, but it could be unnecessary for some people. Obviously, one has to research how to avoid falling into a bunch of little traps like the CRA have during that time, but you can do this without complex structures, accountants, etc.
>>
So basically if I pop out the US for 90 days, come back for a month, and then pop out somewhere else for 90, I don’t have to worry about this tax shit? I have a house bought and paid for that I don’t plan on selling that’s my home of record.
>>
>>2365413
Accountant can tell you best. But if you're traveling on tourist visas and have a place in the states, just keep filing us taxes like you're living there.
>>
>>2365413
Look up the FEIE.
>>
>>2365420
yeah thats what i plan on doing. i'm trying to figure out here how this would be any different than some sales guy that just travels alot for work.
>>
>>2365425
>FEIE
this wouldn't apply to me. my paycheck would still be coming from a US company and all my work going towards US based projects. the only difference is im in an AirBnB somewhere else instead of in my living room.
>>
>>2365436
It’s not, why would the government give a fuck if you’re still paying taxes. You file exclusion shit to get out of paying them. If you’re still paying them money why would they even bother to look into it
>>
>>2362807
As a fellow brit contractor also on £600 per day, how have you actually managed to source a contract that allows you to work from KL doing UK hours?

Every single contract I've seen, if it states fully remote it means inside the UK only.. because this is an absolute nightmare when it comes to legislation for the business / taxes etc.

And I take it this is also outside IR35 too? You're literally finding 1 in a million contracts especially nowadays so I'm gonna call sus.

Only way I'll believe this is if you are just straight up lying to them, have a router VPN, working UK hours in KL and continuing to pay your taxes back in the UK on tourist visas... but even then if you're there longer than 6 months you lose tax residency.

What's going on?

>>2364891
>>2364397
I totally get this guys mantra desu. I'm also earning really good money.. but after 3 coming on 4 fucking years of literally working from home saving almost 100% of my salary for the sole purpose of financial independence the money just becomes numbers on a spreadsheet and you don't give a shit.

I have no fulfilment from my work at all, it's boring shit, and anyone who's not fully blown autismo after 4-5 years of coding will feel the same way. We are just collecting the paycheck to fuck off. Sacrificed literally my late twenties to be set up for the rest of my life.

I'm quitting IT altogether end of this year to do TEFL for a year or two. 20 hours a week, free housing and braindead work, will still be able to save like a grand a month and will actually start living a life.
>>
>>2362653
>Only months
You'll be ok just get more experience
>>
>>2362611
>30k with a masters
Braindead
>>
>>2365460
Just take a month or two vacation. Two years is a lot.
>>
>>2365476
I've already done this, and I keep getting the shitty feeling around week 3 that the trip is coming to an end and I'll be back in a room.
Even the "work for 3 months abroad" perk some companies offer doesn't suffice imo. I wanna totally move somewhere and spend a year or longer doing shit.
>>
>>2365483
FWIW anon I feel the same way. Just got laid off from my big tech job and going to take 2 years to, as you said, fuck off and either succeed at a side project or kms

Actually, the fact that there are 3 of us in this thread alone is concerning to me. Some large societal movement is on the horizon
>>
>>2365483
>>2365484
I’m already doing this, so yeah it’s getting pretty popular. I didn’t get laid off though but I’ve got a mediocre paying SWE gig that cant afford to fire me. Been in europe for awhile then I’m going to Japan til next year sometime. I think were gonna continue to see brain drain in the US if people start trying to force us back into the office.
>>
>>2365437
>my paycheck would still be coming from a US company and all my work going towards US based projects
That doesn't matter. RTFM.
>>
I've got a mediocre office job making 1/2-1/3 of what you tech guys are making and they're fine with me going full remote. My highest report, a part-owner of the company, told me he'd be fine if I worked remote for years.
I won't be able to afford the sort of lavish tourist lifestyle some of you guys could, but at the end of the day I'll be living abroad. If I can get it, I can't see why you guys can't.
>>
>>2365484
>>2365487
I think at least partly for me is also the fact I'm approaching 30 soon and I feel like although I'm financially in a much better position than others, that the golden years of making memories and enjoying myself are fleeting and I probably need to get on it sooner rather than later.

I can always grind and get back on the corporate grind when I'm 40+ because what else is there to fucking do then, I can't travel around and fuck college girls as easily as I can now.

God speed anons, hope to meet you in an expat bar in Asia somewhere.
>>
>>2364235
i fuck around all day, and then bangout a bunch of code and design shit in the evening, typically from like 10pm to like 2 or 3am. most efficient that way. ultimately, having deliverables at the end of each quarter keeps me more or less honest about work.
>>
>>2365513
>be me
>senior CS college student in usa
>wake up at 1pm
>take adderall
>start work at 4pm
>sometimes work until midnight
>think about how I only have $1 in my account
Was gonna try to get a job since im in chicago. Anything in tech or IT would be better than nothing.
>>
>>2365525
if you're even remotely competent, you'll do just find desu
>>
>>2365527
Thank you, that means a lot.
>>
>>2365460
>As a fellow brit contractor also on £600 per day, how have you actually managed to source a contract that allows you to work from KL doing UK hours?
>Every single contract I've seen, if it states fully remote it means inside the UK only.. because this is an absolute nightmare when it comes to legislation for the business / taxes etc.
>And I take it this is also outside IR35 too? You're literally finding 1 in a million contracts especially nowadays so I'm gonna call sus.
>Only way I'll believe this is if you are just straight up lying to them, have a router VPN, working UK hours in KL and continuing to pay your taxes back in the UK on tourist visas... but even then if you're there longer than 6 months you lose tax residency.
>What's going on?
i'm not lying to anybody. i got my current contract because someone found me on linkedin. it is only a short one- 12 weeks- although it might end up being repeated if the project is successful
like most contractors i have a company set up in the uk. the contract is with the company, not with me personally. our tax arrangements are not their concern. if a company specifies remote only inside the uk, it is more likely to be because of personal data concerns (gdpr etc). i usually don't handle personal data or anything so it doesn't apply to me
i only ever pick work that is outside ir35. usually the situation is like this : me -> my company -> small subcontracting company -> big end-customer company. it is usually the small company that decides if the work is inside or outside of ir35.
also, i don't always work "in the uk". i have another company set up here which is more convenient for doing work in asia.
i don't live here permanently (although i own a couple of houses here), i spend a few months here then a few months in the uk and a bit of time elsewhere too.
>>
>>2365460
>I have no fulfilment from my work at all, it's boring shit, and anyone who's not fully blown autismo after 4-5 years of coding will feel the same way. We are just collecting the paycheck to fuck off.
if you are actually a contractor and you still feel like this then you are doing it wrong. i became a contractor at least partly to escape this feeling. you might still be doing the same job but it is different when you are doing it for yourself. you need to pick and choose your work better.
>>
As a brainlet who works in retail but can study a cyber certificate for free how do I do this, and which areas do I go?

I am medically disqualified from a lot of jobs and something IT related would set me up.

I use to be good at basic code and formatting computers and basic system stuff, but then 17 years passed, I struggled with Information Systems at University and I was convinced I didn't have much aptitude.

What do?
>>
>>2362525
>- Where are you now?
Bangkok
Nowhere, I love it here
>- What do you do?
Quantity Surveying consulting
>- How goes your job?
Fun
$150k
>- How's your taxes?
Shit. I need to find a new country
Laptop.
>>
>>2365559
Get a helpdesk job. 40-50k salaried to setup printers and talk to office workers.

From there as a network technician, you can figure out smthing else.
>>
>>2365615
my point being is that without an education you'll have to grind ur way up over some years, through the lower IT jobs.

i'm talking about usa.
>>
>>2365404
what's your home country? your argument is meaningless without that fact. the other guy said he is from australia, so he does need a setup, it's 100% required

there is a dozen first world countries that will go after you even if you spend 0 days in the country
>>
>>2365633
>there is a dozen first world countries that will go after you even if you spend 0 days in the country
Yeah, this is true. It's why blanket statements that "you are fucked if you don't pay taxes somewhere" and "you don't have to pay taxes if you travel full time" are pointless. But the most annoying thing is when anons assume everyone here is American.
>>
>>2365118
I have looked at trying this before but when you factor in flights and how expensive airbnbs are it worked out to be significantly more expensive than just sitting put in a place for 12+ months. not to mention you have to deal with the fact that you don't speak the language, currency and cell phone bullshit or you know, having to be on the move all the time which just sucks ass in general
>>
How do I get my foot in the door and start out in the industry?

I work 6mo a year and make 60k, I'll cap out st 120k in a couple years, but that work season is 60-80h weeks and it's grueling work.

I don't have a CS education, I've just tinkered around with hobby projects and a duel boot system. Could I work half the year at my normal job and pick up contracts during the winter?
>>
>>2365680
There's a reason these threads don't reach 200 unique posters anon. Positions where you are allowed to work fully remote ANYWHERE and the company is cool with it AND it pays well are extremely rare. I had almost 10 years experience and it still took me a year and a half to find such a company.
>>
>>2362525
Philippines
Planning to stay, since I like impregnating brown cuties as a hobby
Nothing
I don't work anymore, I just bought a bunch of crypto in 2016-17 and 19.
Idk depends on the market
I don't pay taxes. I will never pay taxes. I don't care what the consequences might be.
No.
>>
>>2365680
What is your normal job?
>>
>>2365689
>>2365688
honestly, if you join and make yourself highly valuable to your manager and/or leadership, they'll let you do whatever the fuck you want, including working from anywhere. the secret is to put in a bit of extra time, know what people are working on, and contribute in design/review meetings in addition to meeting deadlines on deliverables.
>>
>>2365663
It's not expensive or annoying at all. I had this lifestyle before covid. Flights around Asia are cheap as fuck. Rent is trivial if you know how to shop.

All my belongings fit into a single piece of large luggage and a backpack. It's a very simple way of life and free of materialistic impulses to buy shit I don't actually need or will only use once.
>>
>>2365693
while technically true this is also much easier said than done
>>
>>2365633
Not my problem. He could get a better citizenship.
>>2365663
You have to slow travel to places that give 3-6+ months for a tourist visa. Then, you can negotiate better deals on rent and get better prices on tickets due to buying further in advance.
>>2365694
This. Also, you can have bases around the world where you return semi-regularly.
>>
>>2365538
Lol that's my post, look mum I'm famous. Since April I've lost any sort of motivation to continue this bs, so it's option 5 take the TEFL pill.

>>2365554
Good job then anon seriously, I can hardly find anything outside of ir35 let alone something that allows me to work abroad remotely but I'm doing back-end webdev shit.

What's the small subcontracting company called? Maybe I should get in contact with one of these.

I think even if your working through your company set up in the UK and you're getting paid from another UK company, if the actual work is being carried out in Malaysia and you've got tax residency there, then you can just pay local Malay taxes for that period of work. Just like if you were to do work through your Malay company whilst in the UK you'd be taxing taxes there.

>>2365557
I'm an average dev at best, pretty lazy and I'm only motivated by money. So the work is all the same for me. I could be on £1200 a day for all I care and I still wouldn't be happy, it's more of a location thing. The UK is a cesspit.

>>2365693
You're living in a dreamland, you can work as hard as possible doing x3 any other dev on the team and all that will happen is you may get the highest performance rating and a better bonus multiplier. HR aren't going to change their policy and look into tax jurisdictions for every country you hop around too on a whim.
>>
>>2365495
Okay dude. Our sales guys are on the road internationally 200 days out of the year and they don’t bother with this shit so how would I be any different?
>>
>>2365755
You're an idiot.
>>
>>2365755
Wow you found out how to pay 0% taxes. Such a clever man. Just ignore the law and pretend that you know better than people who have been breathing this shit for years, this way you pay no taxes at all. Thanks for your wisdom.

>>2365751
Unless you are spending more than half of the year in a place I wouldn't even bother looking into paying taxes there, and even then, if you're on tourist visas there's a huge chance they will not care.
>>
>>2365755
You would be the guy on the road 330 days of the year.
>>
>>2365760
>Wow you found out how to pay 0% taxes.

who the fuck is saying im paying 0% taxes you mong? its coming outta my paycheck the same as if i was sitting in my fuckin' living room at home. i'm not doing this retarded corpo shell game you guys are doing. i'm literally just working somewhere else that isn't my house in the US. thats it. jesus.

>>2365769
no, i'm not planning on taking it that far. maybe 180, max. i'd want to be back for christmas and a few other family events.
>>
>>2365772
Then, this thread isn't for you.
>>
>>2365772
He makes salty posts like these in every thread. Clearly a miserable wretch with zero ability to navigate anything but a pseudo legalese webpage and has convinced himself you will be hunted down and dragged back in chains the second you touch a laptop abroad without ten thousand licenses. Pretty sure he's a cUKistani, they're just like that for some reason, I suggest ignoring him.
>>
>>2365810
You're getting confused retard I'm not that guy. I thought this faggot >>2365413 was talking about not paying any tax at all, but turns out he didn't bother to write properly his original post according to this post >>2365772

I'm not even the only one who got confused. So to answer his original post; no, you don't need to worry about any tax shit anywhere else if that's your setup.
>>
>>2365690
I'm a boilermaker. I worked a total of 19 weeks this year and made about 55k. I'm hoping next year to put in a couple more weeks of work to pay off some debt.
>>
>>2365810
The thing is it's a valid point.

If you are just digital nomadding hoping around on tourist visas and just pretending you're still in your home country and paying tax at home then that's absolutely fine, albeit technically breaking visa terms no one will care and your home country will be happy to collect your taxes.

However if you really are trying to work in foreign countries on tourist visa's without paying tax anywhere whatsoever, then eventually shit is going to hit the fan and someone will want their cut, it's just not worth the headache at all and it's only a matter of time.
>>
>>2365841
My long-term travel is within Latin America mostly and those countries DGAF if you're working remotely on a tourist visa. Telling the immigration officer you're staying for 3-6 months poses no problems especially if you have the place rented already with some proof thereof. The problem would be if you were trying to work locally.
>>
>>2365739
>just drop your 1st world citizenship and get a new one bro, you save 10% a year!
>>
>>2365849
No need to drop your first citizenship, many places will allow you to be a dual citizen, including the US:
>>
>>2365849
If you make six figures in Canada, you're looking at saving ~56%/year in some provinces. Suffer, flaglet.
>>
>>2365855
>If you make six figures in Canada
>in
You mean working for an American company remote, right? If you're making six figures for a Canadian company, you have to pay Canadian tax on that no matter what you do. Even if you break tax residency and establish it in another country, you STILL have to pay Canadian tax on Canadian-sourced income as a Canadian citizen.
>>
>>2365855
For some strange gay reason, leafs take pride in being over taxed while getting less services than anyone else.

Erased their own heritage willingly.
Let in the lowest skilled workers of the world.
Only culture is shouting "WE'RE NOT AMERICAN!!1!"
Flag is a leaf.
losers.
>>
>>2365860
You're not thinking with corps.
>>
>>2365855
i dont need to renounce to do that, I can just go setup in uae/bulgaria/romania/cyprus wherever. only if you are american are you fucked
>>
>>2365876
Yes, I know. His strawman was that people are offshoring or renouncing to save 10% which isn't the case.
>>
>>2365619
Thanks for your input, might be a good start for me!
>>
>>2365834
You work not even half the year for 55k, what the fuck else do you do? And for fucking boilermaking what?
>>
>>2365693
I was thinking about that (going abroad and working remote at least from some country with same timezone) but you know how easy it is for company to track you down from where you work?
You click once on any URL in company mail and contactmonkey (or something like that forgot how its called) will track and send info from where you are clicking. In my company working from different country can be done only by "official" means, also fucks are opening new office in next year and some fucking bootlickers are already begging to allow them to work from office "at least for few days in a week!"
>>
>>2364450
dunno about last one (AI is meme until proven otherwise) but we know about GraphQL and monitoring tools, ELK and kubernetes was introduced in my previous job: tiny eastern european company doing software for banks.
Anyway i think any legacy technology is more often fault of customer than engineers. Customers always want everything cheapest and they are often nontechnical and hard to convince about benefits of ELK for example. Even fintech corps that have tons of money are still cheapskates, about any kind of "invisible" work
>>
what do you guys use for an address/bank account? I was thinking of getting a virtual address where some company collects your mail from a random mailbox, but that's a little sketchy. I'm worried about losing access to my bank account if I don't have a valid permanent address.
>>
>>2365937
Do you have parents/relatives/friends you can trust?
If yes, then use their address and pay them well, if not cash then in souvenirs of their liking.
>>
>>2365928
I mean, I'm working on a little business project right now. But besides that go for hikes, skiing, if there's a steal of a price for flying somewhere I might take it but I'm also just an apprentice right now.
Weekly jman rate starts at 4k/wk and caps out around 6300/wk depending on your hours.

So, in a couple years if I work 19 weeks at ezpz jobs that's 76k, if every job is some kind of hell march of deadlines and we're working 23 days in a row, 12 hour shifts, I'll make about 120k.

Depends on the work season desu. We're probably starting early around March and I'm gonna try and take August off, then come back in the fall. So I might work 25 or 27 weeks next year. Take home might be 60k.
>>
>>2365941
not really. I mean, I do have some, and I could use their address if I need to. But I don't really trust them for the long term. Everyone I know is kinda flakey and unreliable, they might just move to a new address or accidentally lose my mail. I certainly wouldn't trust them to lie to the government for me.
>>
>>2365946
Look into companies that will set you up with a po box and scan your mail. Costs me about $120 a year.
>>
>>2365949
I thought a PO box can't count as a legal address? You can use it for getting mail but you can't use it for a passport or bank account.
>>
>>2365954
It's a PO box in name only. The one I have has a legal street address. Eg: Suite 123, 54 pepe st.
>>
>>2365957
thank you anon, this sounds perfect.
>>
>>2365937
I use country-specific CMRAs which charge per kg. Banks deliver mail to them, so I get my new debit cards. Use real banks, not some fintech BS.
>>
>>2365569
>Quantity Surveying
in construction? How did you get into it and isn't 150k very high for quantity surveying?
>>
>>2365751
You're living in a dreamland, you can work as hard as possible doing x3 any other dev on the team and all that will happen is you may get the highest performance rating and a better bonus multiplier. HR aren't going to change their policy and look into tax jurisdictions for every country you hop around too on a whim.
>work as hard as possible doing x3
The goal is not to work as hard as possible, it's to become critical to the product success. Make leadership realize that if you leave, even if you change teams, the product will or there will be immense investment needed to bring the team up to speed.
>HR aren't going to change their policy
They never change their official policy. Official policy is targeted at the lowest common denominator. It's the policy *everyone* has to follow. But what about the principal engineer that wants to work from Italy for a month or two? A VP can make that happen no problemo. I've worked to make this happen at both small companies and very large companies, including a large online marketplace that also does cloud compute.
>>
>>2366068

>Quantity Surveying
in construction? How did you get into it

Went to school for construction technology - specialized in estimating, specifically mechanical/electrtical

>150k very high for quantity surveying?

The more you specialize the more you make. Anyway, at home chief high-rise estimators can make $300k. I'm consulting and that also allows for more money.
>>
>>2365841
depends on the income, if you making it let's say 50k$ per year no one will care in some third world country if you get this kind of money to your bank account

if you're making a tons of money then spend some of it to establish a company in some tax haven
>>
>>2362728
listen to this anon, I studied programming thinking I would like it coz I liked computers and it's the most boring shit ever, I have been trying to change jobs but the only calls I get are for working as a programmer so I'm fucked.
First try to do a short course online and see if you like it.
>>
anyone go to paraguay? you can get permanent residence for free basically and citizenship after a few years for doing nothing, as well it has territorial tax

seems pretty good for a base
>>
>>2366453
>anyone go to paraguay?
I live here.
>you can get permanent residence for free basically
No, they changed that last month. You have to go through temporary now. Doesn't affect me though.
>and citizenship after a few years for doing nothing
False. You have to be working locally and paying into the tax system.
>as well it has territorial tax
>seems pretty good for a base
Both true.
>>
>>2366465
if I get residency, do you get a tax number? do you think any time is required in the country?

I want to use it as a paper residency basically, any problems with my plan?
>>
How does one break into freelancing? I have a CS degree and 3 years of professional experience. All of the jobs I see on Upwork pay so little I feel like I'd make more teaching English or something.
>>
Bros can anyone rate my plan?

>EU citizen
>Set up pass-thru LLC in Delaware, US
>Find a remote contracting programming job based in the states
>Getting this job will be the hardest part, I have project experience in Python but no real professional experience in software (but 3 years in engineering)
>With a pass-thru LLC in the states with one owner, the company gets taxed as an individual and doesn't pay corporate tax.
>This tax would just be standard income tax, and is paid in the country where the individual is tax-resident
>Be tax-resident in Panama
>Money goes to a US bank account owned by my company
>Move this money from the US bank account to a banks account in Georgia and Panama, tax-free.
>Invest this money in companies based in countries with 0% CGT and friendly DTTs with Panama
>Fill out all necessary tax forms in each respective country.

Is this legit? And more importantly is the doom and gloom about programming work real? That's the real scary bit for me.
>>
>>2366555
why do you think you aren't going to get taxed in panama?
>>
>>2366512
I assume you aren't in a country that pays their IT workers decent wages. If you were, you'd apply for contract jobs through agencies and headhunters. Or if you were on LinkedIn, you might have already been approached (maybe not so much over the last 3 years though, the market has had ups and downs for inexperienced workers during the pandemic). Contracting agencies usually want to see 5+ years but you might get lucky.
If I'm right and you're a citizen of a lower-paying country, I can't offer you much help. The suggestions I can think of aren't concrete tips, and they come down to various forms of networking (the human kind).
>>
>>2363479
>Correct. I work in recruitment within tech and no one is earning €200k remote. lol such a load of shit
lurk more Europoor. All my friends and I make this much or more remote. USA employers
>>
>>2363479
>be american
>spend 4 years in college
>3 years grinding in company
>finally making 200k with equity
>a europoor doesn't even beliebe me
>>
>>2366680
>>2366698
>claim to be making $200k
>still can't think of anything better to do with your life than act like a brat on a cartoon porn website
nobody cares how much money you have. go take a knee or whatever it is americans do with their spare time
>>
>>2366230
how intellectually challenging is it? I am 1st year civil engineering stundent but found coding fun and I am thinking about switching to CS or at least taking a minor.

I am afraid that my job in construction will not put much use to my high iq and creative problem solving skills
>>
- Where are you now?
In the US
I'm going to Bangkok next year. I convinced my VP to let me work there. He is super chill and told me he worked in Italy for years when he worked remote.
- What do you do?
Senior software engineer. I graduated with a CS degree in 2014. Have been working the whole time. Took a 8th month burnout vacation after my first 4 years. Every Programmer needs this unironically.
- How goes your job?
I work around 20 to 30 hours a week. I'm an individual contributor as opposed to my last gig as a team lead. Fully remote. Unlimited vacation. I have really good soft skills which go a long way.
160k which for my career and my years of experience are lackluster. All my other CS buddies make over 200k with one at Google making 300k.
- How's your taxes?
I'm fucked. I'm an American Im forced to pay taxes on my US job over seas.
Im renting a private office in downtown Bangkok. Remote work makes you a shut in. So working in a separate place does wonders.
>>
>>2366749
If it makes you feel better, the tax savings us Euros might get through tax residency in Asia still probably is less net overall as US salaries are just so much higher.

I'm on £600 a day contract, circa £130kish a year which is similar to what you're on and this is pretty much very high end for the UK. Even FAANG mid tier dev salaries in London at like £80k and this is with like 42%-55% tax rates. It's a fucking joke.
>>
>>2366555

The hardest part about all of this is going to be finding a remote contract job based in the states as a non US citizen.. even if you had loads of professional experience a fully international remote role is hard to come by.. hence why loads of people in these threads just pretend and use a vpn for a few months at a time.

Not sure about the LLC legislation in Delaware but regardless you should be taxed in the country the actual work is being performed. So if you are living and working in Panama then that would be fine.

You can invest in any company through any broker, you just need to check the tax legislation in the country that you reside on how they handle foreign income. Then compare if moving the money to that country and investing in a local broker is more tax efficient than using an offshore broker.

The biggest issue I see is that setting all this up and forcing myself to live in fucking Panama for maybe a 6? month contract seems like too much effort.

Either way I'd probably speak with tax consultant to double check all this.
>>
>>2366750
42 to 55 percent. Holy shit.
I live in Massachusetts ( one of the states that charges a very high income tax, this fucking state makes me pay state taxes on capital gains)
I only pay 33% of my salary to taxes.

If it makes you feel better. I pay 500 dollars a month for dogshit private insurance..I went to the doctors paid 300 dollars for a consultation. My last eye exam was 200 dollars.
>>
>>2366638
I’m American but currently living in Ukraine
>>
>>2362527
>python programmer
data science?
>>
>>2366763
Why?
>>
>>2366778
django and data pipelines, and lots of infrastructure stuff (terraform)
>>
>>2366783
You used to find a lot of IT outsourcing in the Ukraine because of low costs, their post-Soviet education system valuing hard sciences over what is currently popular and their visa policy allowing nearly everybody between Lisbon and Vladivostok to work there without much bureaucracy.
>>
>>2366558
Because Panama has a territorial tax system. 0% tax on foreign income.

>>2366753
Thanks anon. Yeah I think I will have to spoof being in the US
>>
>>2366786
Yeah sure but it's literally a warzone right now.
I wouldn't work there even if it were free.
>>
>>2366808
Parts of the country are war zones, I know multiple people who went to visit their friends in Western Ukraine and Kiev this year.
>>
>>2366811
*Kyiv
>>
>>2366812
Is that some suburb of Kiev?
>>
>>2366783
Adventure
>>
File: 1667209722618670.png (1.87 MB, 700x700)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
>and crypto winners with no home
Thank you for including me.
- Currently in Florence
- Going back to states for Christmas, then Tahoe for snowboarding for two months mid-Jan to mid-Mar
- visit art museums and snowboard
- lmao, hated that shit. Literal slavery.
- nothing ;_; fucking bear market Gonna start selling in Jan for tax reasons
- should be pretty good, don't think I'll owe anything for last year and next year I can profit up to 40k without owing any taxes at all
- working set up is a surface pro 6 with an external hard drive for backing up pictures
>>
These threads are always full of seething anons saying it's impossible to DN, Meanwhile, they're sitting in their home countries, jealous, and thinking up barriers to stop themselves.
I've spent the last 10+ years nomading and meeting other chill remote workers who are having the times of their lives. Some do it for a long time [too early to say if forever, but like me, are double digit years], some return home, some settle in other countries.
The seething anons do have valid points about being careful about your taxes, but most of them have never spent more than a gap year abroad. They're pussy whipped by their current employers and their own trepidation.
>>
>>2366799
yes but

implies you are living in panama, so your income is actually panama sourced local income (it doesnt matter where you are paid from)

as well your company due to cfc rules is going to reside somewhere, and maybe panama views it as an actual corp and not just an individual (not 100% on this), so you would be hit by corp tax

the details needed are:
where are you spending your time?
how much time are you spending in panama?
what's your home country?
>>
>>2366887
adding, a us LLC is transparent (pass through) usually ONLY in the eyes of the US, other countries will usually view it as an actual corporation (opaque), it depends on the country
>>
>>2366471
>if I get residency, do you get a tax number?
No, you have to apply for that separately, but you can do it online. I don't have one. It's not necessary here.
>do you think any time is required in the country?
Once every three years if you want to maintain the residency.
>I want to use it as a paper residency basically, any problems with my plan?
None.
>>
>>2366555
>Set up pass-thru LLC in Delaware, US
No, you want a Wyoming corp. I adapted this from >>2344041. This is what I suggest:
https://startfleet.io/guide/us-llc-for-non-residents-guide
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/effectively-connected-income-eci
* WY corp formation: $150;
* Get ITIN and EIN: $0 - fill form, send fax/do it online;
* Registered agent annual fee: $25;
* Annual WY filing: $62;
* File IRS: forms 5472 and 1120 annually - very easy DIY;
* Banks: NBKC, Equity, (if present physically for both) and maybe Mercury (fintech);
* Optional: US address with scanned mail @ $50/year;
* Corporate tax: $0, unless doing biz in US (see ETBUS, ECI);
* Personal tax: Your tax country of residence on full annual LLC income (LLC don’t pay dividends - obvious solution is to establish residency or a type thereof which taxes income territorially).
Good, but Paraguay is cheaper. You can DIY the residency too.
>Move this money from the US bank account to a banks account in Georgia and Panama, tax-free.
Why? Unless you're spending time in those countries, you'd going to get killed on wire fees unnecessarily. Move enough cash into the Panamanian bank account to cover the costs of yearly renewal. You want a country with higher explicit deposit insurance or have more accounts in more countries.
>Invest this money in companies based in countries with 0% CGT and friendly DTTs with Panama
Sure, not a huge concern/difficulty though. What I would do after getting that US corp is buying $10k in I series bonds. Also, get an account on IB.
>>2366753
>The biggest issue I see is that setting all this up and forcing myself to live in fucking Panama
That's where you're wrong, kiddo. You don't have to spend a lot of time there to maintain the residency. Bog off somewhere more interesting. Panama is great for ~6 months, but it's a big world out there.
>>2366887
Wrong. He would be working for the US corp, not the Panamanian one.
>>
>>2366927
the us-corp has a residence just like a person, it's located where the management and control of the company is (or where the operations take place if you have lots of substance/employees). look at CFC and PE rules
>>
>>2366962
>look at CFC and PE rules
NO U
>>
>>2366927
Thanks anon. Very comprehensive.

>No, you want a Wyoming corp?
Why Wyoming over Delaware? Wyoming has lower CGT than Delaware but also has 4% sales tax. Would that 4% apply to all services performed from a company based there?

>* Registered agent annual fee: $25;
Wouldn’t having a registered agent in the US be considered ETBUS?

>* Banks: NBKC, Equity, (if present physically for both)
Unvaxxed so can’t enter the United States lmao, unless they drop the requirement

>Good, but Paraguay is cheaper. You can DIY the residency too.
Based, I’ll check it out

>You want a country with higher explicit deposit insurance or have more accounts in more countries.
I see myself having more accounts in more countries. Something about leaving most of my money in a US bank account makes me uncomfortable

>What I would do after getting that US corp is buying $10k in I series bonds. Also, get an account on IB.
L bonds aren’t taxed for capital gains purposes. Nice I think I will.

What’s your current setup? Are you providing remote services in the US yourself?
>>
Mandatory reading for this thread. It’s a quick read, you’ll get through it in a day or two.
>>
>>2362525
In the mountains in Serbia, where my base is. I finally moved in. I've got a view, an Eames Lounge chair, 32 inch monitor and a king size bed. Very comfy. I'll stay here 6 months out of the year (3 on, 3 off), so I don't need to deal with residency headaches. Going to Tenerife next month for 3 months to get a tan and bang some bored British housewives (hope).
>>
>>2367224
NP, m8.
>Why Wyoming over Delaware?
Not difficult to answer that. Start doing your reading and analysis if you want to play this game.
>Would that 4% apply to all services performed from a company based there?
Services aren't taxable in WY. Generally, it's where the service was performed that matters anyway. Example of a very easy question you can solve..
>Wouldn’t having a registered agent in the US be considered ETBUS?
Nope, they're not employees. Same as the guy pumping your petrol.
>Unvaxxed so can’t enter the United States
Based, but that fintech solution might work for you.
>I see myself having more accounts in more countries.
Smart.
>Something about leaving most of my money in a US bank account makes me uncomfortable
Best place to keep it, since it's insured to $250k per institution per beneficiary. Ex. add your waifu and kids to an account to drive the insured value to $1½m. You want a cash portfolio, but want some of it elsewhere for risk management. Another ex. put $30k, which is insured too, in a one-year CD in Ecuador @ 8%.

Obviously, liquidity isn't as good as assets, so spin up a real estate portfolio before that. Making a property turn 8% isn't difficult either. These are the sort of problems you want to have though.
>Are you providing remote services in the US yourself?
Just a real nigga doing real nigga shit. Sorting someone's residency for $4k isn't worth my time and they can get it ~6× cheaper locally if they're unable to DIY. I have PoAs for friends and they have them for me in different places. We work together to further our goals.

A trustworthy posse is worth more than money. There's not that many of us, but it's quality. Find some people who understand the world like you do, so you don't waste your time explaining flag theory to them.
>>
>>2367293
you renting or you bought the place? how do you manage it when you are gone

I have a base as well but I just rent it and spend a couple months there to deal with logistics
>>
>there are people out there making 200k and traveling
>I'd be happy with 30k remote and can't even get that
This thread is suicide fuel
>>
>>2367324
I bought it for 90k euros. The building is secure and is 95% Airbnbs with about 50% occupancy, so leaving the apartment vacant will go unnoticed. I don't rent it since I store all my personal things here. I'm lucky that the door is like safe vault. The only way in is with an impossible to copy key or chainsaw..
>>
>>2362525
>>2362525
bangkok,
relax and work,
attempting to start a mushroom selling website,
nothing I literally have like 1.4k to my name,
no taxes currently which is a positive
>>
>>2366750
you say you're a well paid contractor and yet you talk like a minimum wage permie
if you're really paying that much tax you need to talk to your accountant
really you just sound like the sort of miserable cunt who would get everyone down no matter where they go. you need to make some changes in your life anon
>>
>>2367344
I'm about to graduate 30k is easy...

problem is that's not much money in the states. non-college grads make 50k-100k depending on how hard they work.
>>
>>2367669
What field? I don't have a degree. I make 50-60k in a factory and fucking hate it.
>>
>>2367673
IT helpdesk (network technician) requires to be easy going maybe look nerdy, that's a desk job for 50k salaried.

you may have to solve problems that don't have obvious solutions (fix card printing machine, etc) but I could do it during my first year of college and I was pretty dumb back then.

then there's apprenticeships like plumber or electrician but idk much about that.
>>
>>2367675
actually these jobs seem to pay the same as yours, but maybe better working conditions.
>>
>>2367675
I used to work in IT and it was a mixed bag, maybe it's worth going back to if I can do it remote. Don't think I can be an electrician's apprentice remotely over a computer though..
>>
>>2366868
where do you find chill anons? I've been to chiang mai and they're all annoying poorfags larping as entrepreneurs.
>>
>>2367831
don't go to digital hobo spots, go to the spots they can't afford

ex: singapore, tokyo, seoul

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.