[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 38 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20221029_160158.jpg (160 KB, 699x932)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
Dole Whip & Tasty Park Treats Edition

Previous thread: >>2340824

>What is this thread?
/rcg/ was created as a way for the roller coaster enthusiasts on here to discuss all things roller coasters and theme parks. While roller coasters are the main focus of these threads, there is also discussion on other theme park rides, as well as the parks themselves and trip planning too.
>Can I talk about Disney/Universal in this thread?
Absolutely! Disney discussion of all sorts including resorts/dining/trip planning is OK.

Thread Pro-tip: Get on a rollercoaster with some bolts/washers/nuts in your pocket, then on the lift hill pull them out of your pocket and loudly exclaim "where did these come from??"

Roller Coaster Database:
>https://rcdb.com/

Amusement Park News Sites:
>https://www.themeparkinsider.com/
>https://www.screamscape.com/
>https://www.coaster101.com/

Disney Park News:
>https://www.wdwnt.com/
>https://www.wdwmagic.com/
>https://www.allears.net/
>https://www.mousesteps.com
>>
What kind of lines does Holiday World have on weekdays in the very early summer?
>>
For me it's a nice ride on the Kum
>>
>>2361864
How does it compare to Hulk?
>>
>>2361864

Recently took a mate to Busch and SeaWorld in Orlando.
He has only ever ridden smaller coasters, nothing akin to big theme parks

He said Kumba was by far his least favourite. It absolutely fucked him up and rattled his brain.
>>
>went to Whipsnade Zoo in the UK
>they had a Dole whip stand
>order a Dole Whip
>person selling it told me I was the first person that day not to call it a pineapple float, despite it even being listed as a Dole Whip

Only time I've tried one, it was nice, mostly worth the hype. Shame neither Disney nor Universal sell funnel cake any more in the parks.
>>
Splash Mountain (DLR) is my favorite attraction.
>>
>>2361909
Top 3 for me.
Went a couple of weeks ago. Lights are gone on it, some of the animatronics are mistimed and not functioning properly, garbage scattered about. Sad to see them absolutely mail it in on the maintenance on the ride since the retheme is so close. You would hope they give it a proper burial and allow fans to see it one more time at its best, but who am I kidding.
>>
>>2361914
What are your other 2 'top 3'? My Disney top 3 is Splash Mountain, the original Space Mountain at Paris (De la terre à la lune), and the Timekeeper
>>
Spend months and months and months planning Disney strategy, booking parks, booking restaurants to match the park for that day

The day finally arrives....dont really feel like eating at that restaurant anymore.
Cancel reservation and go to Disney Springs instead for food
>>
>>2362069
Which restaurant did you reserve?
>>
>>2361942
-splash
-Matterhorn (left track, at night)
-alien encounter
Hourable mentions to the enchanted tiki room and expedition Everest
>>
>>2361942
For me it's
>Test Track (Chevrolet version)
>Expedition Everest
>Soarin'
>>
>>2361866
Slightly better 2nd half (after the block brakes)
>>2361871
>don't learn to ride the hard ots restraints
>blame the coaster
Classic. It is rattling quite a lot recently tho.
>>
This thing is in unbelievably bad shape. Last I went we had a small stoppage before the drop where the Rex was fully exposed and halted and I got to examine it. His skin is sloughing from the decades of moisture and peeling off the endoskeleton. I would like a refurbishment but my fear is they will jurassic world it and fully remove JP from both parks.
>>
File: 1663479848756.png (2.44 MB, 2100x1400)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB PNG
>>2362195
Considering the Jurassic World coaster and related signage for Raptor Encounter, it's only a matter of time
>>
File: ex423qoy_400x400.jpg (18 KB, 306x306)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>2361815

HEY YOU RETARD OP AND YOU DISNEY FAGGOTS
THIS OLD THREAD >>2340824 >>2340824 >>2340824 >>2340824 IS ON PAGE FUCKING FIVE
WHY DID YOU MAKE A NEW THREAD WHEN >>2340824 STILL EXISTS
THIS IS FUCKING TRV ONE OF THE SLOWEST BOARDS ON HERE SHIT WON'T GO AWAY OVERNIGHT
AT LEAST WAIT UNTIL PAGE 7 OR 8 AT LEAST BEFORE MAKING A NEW THREAD
JESUS CHRIST YOU FUCKING NIGGER
>>
>>2362239
cry about it frognigger.
>>
>I can’t believe you bumped sex tourist thread #4 off the top page!!!!!
>doesn’t sage
Anyways. What’s the cooming like at knots berry?
>>
>>2362249
supreme scream gave me a boner
>>
Currently at universal studios 15 mins after going on velociraptor coaster. I feel like I am actually going to die for whatever reason I felt as though my seat was loose and I actually was holding on for dear life despite post ride feeling to see if it actually was. I have been sitting in hogsmeade thinking about how I wish I was home painting warhammer. I used to like coasters too i just didn’t go on them during the Rona and now I actually am incapable of enjoying them and feel like Shit
>>
>>2362472
go on fearfall im sure that'll cheer you up :)
>>
>>2362472
Plenty of non-intense rides at Universal.
>>
>>2362472
Every time I go a while without riding a coaster they get to me a bit, but you get used to them again
>>
File: download (16).jpg (15 KB, 275x183)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
For me, its the Land pavilion.

>Living with the Land ride is kino and comfy af and is now doing a Christmas overlay
>Soarin, even with the less superior film, is kino af
>great food
>>
>>2362472
Strange. I was in Universal earlier this year and rode velocicoaster multiple times. I thought it was one of the smoothest coasters I've ever rode. Whatever you do, do NOT ride that Rip Ride Rockit. That was by far the most painful coaster I've been on. I think it took years off my life. My head bounced around and it gave me such a huge headache... and yes I was keeping my head back on the head rest.
>>
File: 1659637143061719.png (1.4 MB, 1204x1204)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>2362472
>>2362523
I ride coasters intentionally putting the restraints as loosely onto my body as possible so I can physically leave my seat on the airtime hills. If I dont get thrown around and bruised by the coaster I get back in line and try again.

I'm sure I'll fuck up someday and make the news.
>>
>>2362472
Velocicoaster is designed to feel that way. It has tons of airtime, so the restraint lets you feel it. Every time I hit the Mosasaur Roll, I feel like I'm just going to be dumped out into the water. I absolutely love it, but I see how it could fuck with someone.
>>
Universalchads, Rip Ride Rockitt isn't actually a rough ride. I don't know why people keep saying it is, but I liked it a lot.
>>
>>2362522
I'm glad they took the opportunity during the Soarin' update to add another theatre, it desperately needed more capacity.
Same with Toy Story Mania.
>>
Do you think Disney will update Flight of Passage with Avatar 2 coming out?

I remember the first time I was getting on FoP, there was a gentleman riding my Banshee, he was actually wiping tears away as he got off and picked up his bag from the rack behind him.

I wasnt really sure what to expect. Why was a grown man crying?
When FoP was finished, I got it. A spectacular ride. Moving in a lot of ways.

Not enough to make you cry, but fuck me it was impressive
>>
File: Fly-Over-Iceland-1-2.jpg (198 KB, 1200x900)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
In Reykjavik in 2021
Find out about Flyover Iceland.

FUCK YES, ITS SOARIN BUT IN ICELAND.

Very expensive, but a tremendous activity to do early if you get to Reykjavik before going out to see the sights in person
>>
>>2363431
Updating the film is a quick win that lets them pretend it's a new ride.

But that aside, it's the most popular ride in the park so it doesn't really need more people going on it.
>>
>>2363431
FoP is already good for Avatar 2 since it debuted the sea creatures.
>>
>>2363433
I think they run the Iceland film at the Las Vegas location too.
>>
File: 1653771697791.png (1.81 MB, 1213x1010)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB PNG
>>2363433
Looks like they also have alternate films focused on the american west and canadian rockies
>>
For me, its Joe Rohde
>>
>>2363795
You think his ear hole is ever gonna snap apart?
>>
>>2363728
Mall of America's Flyover has a general America film and rotates between Canada and Hawaii films.
>>
Lots of speculation that Park Reservations are coming to an end for dated tickets and that there are some changes to Genie+ coming. It's being reported widely enough for it to seem like it's deliberate 'leaks' to test the waters.

Could see Genie+ being a hotel guest only thing and them balancing the ratio slightly for queues.
>>
>>2363951
>Could see Genie+ being a hotel guest only thing
to replace extra magic hours?
>>
>>2363955
That's a good shout, getting rid of them (which are kinda pathetic now anyway) would subsidise the cost.

I think there's going to be a lot of giving with one hand and taking with the other.
>>
File: FiFl-pTWYAQtET-.jpg (307 KB, 1200x800)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
The "Bob Chapek - Master Shipbuilder" sign at Castaway Cay was removed this weekend.
>>
>>2363991
So petty, gotta love it.
>>
>>2364084
I think Cedar Fair did that with something named after Kinzel at KI after he was ousted or retired several years ago
>>
>>2363795
I could listen to this man talk about his design philosophies for Animal Kingdom for hours
>>
>>2364174
Animal Kingdom is severely underrated.
>>
>>2364192
>Some of the best rides.
>Coherent and well-executed theming throughout (aside from Dino-rama).
>Plenty to do outside of the rides.
>Amazing selection of food, even at the budget locations.
Yeah, AK is great. I know people like to call it a half-day park, but I feel it's less of a half-day park than HS.
>>
>>2364257
>Coherent and well-executed theming throughout (aside from Dino-rama)
Too bad that the only rumoured expansion is going to severely water that down.
Can’t believe HS has had like 5 attractions added to it since AK opened pandora. They really need to give AK some love. I would love to see them add another 5 minutes of ride time and theming onto kali river rapids
>>
>>2364382
Kali is really the only disappointing ride there in my opinion, so I would love to see it updated. Popeye's at Universal mogs it hard. As for the rumored expansions, if they do Zootopia, it would be a complete raping of the park. However, if they go with Moana, it could work. They'd just need to make the themed area be the Pacific Islands, through in a new animal trail for it, and then have one ride featuring Moana for the IP-slurping consoomers. Of course, with Rhode gone, they'll probably just make it Moana Land and it'll be fucking awful.
>>
>>2364382
>Can’t believe HS has had like 5 attractions added to it since AK opened pandora
That's probably because they banked on Galaxy's Edge being as big a success as Pandora.
>>
>>2364382
>>2364392
Kali is such a terrible rapids ride, I guess they thought the drop would carry it. How can you have a rapids ride with no rapids? Everyone will come off bone dry except for the 1-2 at the front of the drop who get soaked through.

On the subject of Water Rides, Blackpool Pleasure Beach have confirmed Valhalla won't reopen until 2023 (which by this point is a bit of a no brainer). They've blamed Brexit which is comical.
>>
>>2364382
>would love to see them add another 5 minutes of ride time and theming onto kali river rapids
Is that the one where you go through a deforestation area? If so, that part needs to go. Yes we know it happens, I don't want to be browbeaten about it on a visit.

>>2364617
One of the common complaints about water rides is that guests say they get too wet on them. It's not surprising to me that they would design a water ride with minimal splashing, lol.
>>
>>2364392
I agree, if they really have to go with an IP in order to bring something new to AK, Moana is probably the best bet. The only thing they have to do is design the area to not be the world of the movie, but rather an authentic representation of the Pacific Islands and their nature/culture/wildlife, and then have a ride in there about Moana. Knowing them they would add in statues of Moana characters all over the place have the songs on loop and merchandise the fuck out of it tho, which would make it dead on arrival.
>>
File: 1654437128111.png (4.69 MB, 2560x1710)
4.69 MB
4.69 MB PNG
>>2364392
>>2364709
They're already doing a Moana area at epcot, and taking forever to actually build it too
>>
>>2364614
>AK still mogs HS in attendance even after starwars land gets added
Disney plz, this is the power of theming. Don’t fuck it up.
>>
>>2364713
It's fucking insane that they're taking 2 years to build some fountains and rock features. At some point Disney need to overhaul their approach to construction. It's going to take Universal less time to build Epic Universe than it took for Disney to build Tron (a clone of an existing ride).
>>
>>2364787
When did they break ground on Tron?
>>
>>2364788
2018, I'll be just over 5 years construction if it opens in Spring which is probably going to be optimistic

Epic universe started construction 2020, should open 2025.
>>
>>2364787
Doesn’t it have a comically short ride time to boot? Like 1:45 or something?
>>
>>2364803
That's fine for a coaster without a lift. Many coasters have a run time of less than 1 minute after they crest.
>>
>>2364814
My home park is SFGAm and I feel that. Thank God for American Eagle, Viper, and Raging Bull.
>>
What's your favorite quick service meal, boys? I know it sounds crazy but I'm a picky eater. For me, it's the personal pizza and caesar salad combo at Pizza Rizzo in Hollywood Studios Disney World.
>>
>>2364852
They like their bready pizzas at Disney. That still looks nicer than the Paris one though.

Ended up just having an ice cream and watching a street show through the window as the food looked mediocre.
>>
Not at a park exactly, but we ate breakfast and dinner all week at the Bayliner Diner at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort. Pretty much everything we had was good.
>>
>>2364852
>What's your favorite quick service meal, boys?
don't really have one, but my favorite quick service snack is dole whip
>>
For me it’s the safari swizzle
>>
I love this little fucker like you would not believe.
>>
>>2364852
kneel
>>
>>2364852
The classic.
The one and only.
The unbeatable.
The ol' reliable.
>>
>>2365000
I tried to make these once and apparently most recipes online have you soak turkey legs in sprite for 24 hours
>>
>>2364852
At Disney, it's a bowl from Saut'li. At Universal, probably the toad-in-the-hole at the Leaky Cauldron.
>>
>>2364986
looks like the looping roller coaster from roller coaster tycoon, don't know if its based of this model though
still pure kino though
>>
Which are the best rollercoaster parks for someone who just likes rides and shorter que times? hate all the attraction bullshit.
>>
File: 1640139505186.jpg (16 KB, 370x385)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>2365000
>Wanted to get one of these in Disneyland Paris since they were temporarily bringing over missing quick service items for the Anniversary (Like the Dole Whip)
>Only place that sold them was closed during my trip
>>
>>2365097
Depends where you live and how far you're willing to travel
>>
>>2364986
I've wanted to ride a Schwarzkopf looper but the only one I ever had a chance to ride(Scorpion at BGT) was closed the day I went. I'll get my next chance at Indiana Beach when Dreier Looping opens.
>>
>>2365244
Are they really only temporary? I assumed they would stick around after. They'd be stupid to get rid of them, they're Disneyland classics for a reason and honestly should be a standard option imo.
I'm also saying this cause I haven't been to Paris for the anniversary and I'd love to get one of these if I'm not going to the US any time soon
>>
>>2365283
It packs a surprising positive G-Force punch for such a small ride. I was greying out in one eye on the banked turns
>>
File: IMG_8381.jpg (108 KB, 800x533)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>2365283
Olympia Looping is in London at the moment, such an incredible coaster for a travelling fair, needs something like 40 trucks to transport
>>
>>2365298
>Are they really only temporary?
As far as I know, yes.
Maybe they'll extend their presence or make them permanent additions after the anniversary stuff is over.
>>
>>2365244
>>2365312
Food remains one of the most inexplicably terrible things in Disneyland Paris, Quick Service especially is an utter embarrassment, even among normal theme parks it would be considered awful. Didn't see dole whip there when I went but there were lots of closed food kiosks.

These are supposedly all the 30th anniversary quick service foods. I only saw the donut (filled with a huge amount of apricot jam but clearly wasn't freshly baked) , the giant sugar cookie (very plain, very sicklly) and the special edition cupcake (regular muffin covered with some sugar stars like you can get from a supermarket).

I will say the buffets has some nice 30th anniversary foods. They basically went to the chefs and told them to make purple foods. Very nice desserts and a surprisingly tasty purple cauliflower soup.
>>
>>2365313
Based euthanasia coaster enjoyer
>>
>>2365097
You need to hit up Dollywood during the last week of September. They're open for their harvest festival, which means they've got all the Halloween decorations up and they're open really late, but fall break hasn't started yet so the lines are almost nonexistent.
>>
>>2365313
Damn that's kinda cool
>>
>>2365325
I mean it did kill someone earlier this year, but not while riding it
>>
>hiring freeze continues for Disney Parks

The parks are printing money but their reputation is in the fucking toilet. They need to get the capacity up and restore the entertainment people are paying hundreds of dollars a day for.
>>
>>2365371
>They need to get the capacity up
Have you been to one of their parks. They're more packed than ever.
>>
>>2365388
Because the parks are near capacity.

More staff means more people getting served more quickly in eateries, queues moving faster in rides, people stopping to watch bands/entertainers. Has a big effect on crowds.

a 30 minutes queue with 500 people waiting in it is better than a 30 minutes queue that only has 250 people in it. That's an extra 250 people taken off of paths and not adding extra to any queue times.
>>
>>2365398
Problem is, upping capacity at parks is really fighting a loosing battle. Options are limited and expensive for Disney to meaningfully effect crowd sizes. External factors are more at play.
not that Disney cares btw, loads of people will just book an extra day if they feel like they can see everything they want to see. Our best hope for normal crowd sizes are the wind down of “revenge traveling” and additional competition from properties like universals epic.
>>
>>2365245
Me and partner are travailing around the US for 6 months, so really anywhere in the US is okay with us.

>>2365332
My gf is obsessed with Dolly, so already going there haha
>>
>>2365748
Most Six Flags places are coaster focused, with Magic Mountain in Valencia California having the most roller coasters of any park in the world (20).
There's also Hersheypark in Pennsylvania with 13 coasters.
>>
>>2365748
Any Six Flags, Cedar Fair, or Busch Gardens park will do along with the smaller local parks that are independently owned. Anything that's not Disney or Universal will work for you.
>>
Best shoot em up?

Feel like it's an underrated attraction. Found the Reeses one at Hershey to be completely skippable. The Woody from toy story one in Disneyland was pretty good, but Pistolero Roundup will always have my heart
>>
>>2365895
Men in Black, but it's falling apart. Hopefully next in line for a big refurbishment or remaster after Dudley Do Right is finished
>>
>>2365903
You think the reason they aren't super common is because they're so prone to fall apart? Young kids just banging on shit and breaking a gun?
>>
File: OsakaATC_GhostHunters.jpg (391 KB, 1229x827)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>2365895
There is some nostalgia in play with this one with no real way of having my childhood memories ruined as there is almost no footage of it, very few people rode it and it closed decades ago but I remember Ghost Hunt at Sega-World Trocadero being incredible.

You went around a haunted house with physical sets and ghosts would appear and interact with them, you'd then shoot the ghosts. I remember one scene had you stop in front of a wall, you'd see the bricks bulge, sprout eyes, and fly at you. If you did well enough, your car went around for a second lap where the scenes differed and you'd fight the final boss (a devil), if you beat that boss you got to have your photo taken. In retrospect it was massively ahead of its time with the use of AR

Only footage I can find is a tiny segment at 20:10 in this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDNKPoCy42M&t=20m10s
>>
>>2365976
That all sounds like a very cool ride
>>
I am glad this thread is still a thing, I disappeared for like 2 months and only came back to /trv/ for this thread right here
>>
Is using credit card points to stay at a Universal hotel a good deal, or could you save more money by booking a package through Universal's website?
>>
>>2365811
I live near Hersheypark and it's been packed with crazy long waits for most of the coasters from late May-October. Best to go there in the early spring season if he's trying to avoid long wait times
>>
>>2366464
I've found buying the hotels and tickets separately, using Undercover Tourist for the tickets (and sometimes the hotel) to be cheaper on my last three trips than Universal's bundles. This has been for 4-day trips at Cabana Bay, so it may differ depending on your plans. Typically though, you should never buy directly from Universal or Disney in my experience.
>>
File: tba748372909802943802.jpg (91 KB, 900x525)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
WDW Splash closes January 23.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2022/12/a-new-scene-and-new-critters-are-introduced-for-tianas-bayou-adventure/?CMP=SOC-DPFY22Q1wo1124220005I
>>
>>2366793
>Zydeco is a special blend of rhythm and blues that was born in Louisiana, and when you hear it, you’ll feel like you’ve truly stepped into Tiana’s world.

You won't because that wasn't the musical style of the film and it's probably going to feel out of place in a slow night time swamp ride. The ride sounded mediocre even before they cut back on the budget.
>>
>>2366795
>Zydeco is a special blend of rhythm and blues that was born in Louisiana, and when you hear it, you’ll feel like you’ve truly stepped out of Frontierland.
Fixed it. I hate this shit so much. Louisiana has no place in the setting and time period of Frontierland. At least Splash Mountain ditching Song of the South made it feel like it could be taking place in the Old West, but this just has no relation.
>>
>>2366793
It's all so tiresome.
>>
How busy is Holiday World during the week, early in the summer on a weekday? And what are you looking at for Splashin' Safari?
>>
>>2366803
>Louisiana has no place in the setting and time period of Frontierland
You need to dial back your autism
>>
>>2365371
They need to lower their prices but they never will. Even Universal has this problem but at least they give you a discount for multi day (or have a promo for free days). Plus both Universal parks are worth visiting by themselves, Disney World doesn't have a single park that's worth a single day aside from the MK but MK is mostly for 12 and under. Discount for Disney multiway doesn't really kick in until 5 days.

I would say unless you've been to the Disney parks a lot, you need at least a 2 day park hopper. Most of the year that will set you back to $365/person right now. Plus taxes and fees. A family of 4 plus taxes and fees that's almost $2k just for 2 days of park tickets. It's over $2k if you start adding their shitty G+ and LL.
>>
>>2366930
Also, people say you can't compare Disney and Universal to regional or other amusement parks. I get what they mean, but you can compare on value and spending your time. Obviously most regional parks aren't also vacation spots. But just to compare, Cedar Fair's platinum pass works at all their parks all year and free parking. $265 plus taxes and fees, cheaper than the 2 day Disney world hopper. No reservations. Obviously when you add their fast lane on it costs more but I'd personally rather go on a few trips and visit their parks. And if you live between Cedar Point and King's Island you're one lucky bastard
>>
>>2366890
No. A 1920s-era New Orleans does not fit in with the Old West theme of Frontierland, and it shouldn't be there. If they want to extend New Orleans Square in DL, that's fine, but it makes no sense in WDW. If thematic integrity means nothing, just get rid of the lands altogether.
>>
>>2366944
I wasn't joking around anon... your autism is causing you to be unhappy. Try and control it more
>>
>>2364382
>Can’t believe HS has had like 5 attractions added to it since AK opened pandora.
Added? More like replaced. They removed the GMR, the backstage tour with catastrophe canyon, the auto stunt show, the Osborne lights, sounds dangerous, and whatever else they had back there.
>>
>>2367060
Wonder if they'll ever bother to update Indy. The show's still kinda fun but those scene transistions are way too slow and the audience participation stuff used to fill that time are a boring.

Waterworld remains the best stunt show
>>
>>2361909
Splash Mountain Tokyo is supposedly the definitive version. But I vastly prefer WDW version over Disneyland. Ride boats are better.
>>
>>2363795
Reminder the disco yeti will never be fixed.
>>
>>2364876
Based, Cabana bay is a great staycation resort. Never bothered with the universal parks yet
>>
>>2367355
I saw the original working yeti. The room was lit up versus now where it is dark aside from the strobe. Yeah they’ll ever fix it at this point. Almost 16 years broken now
>>
>>2367511
It's tragic but kind of a stupid design flaw that causes them to be so unable to repair the machine
>>
>>2367357
It's my go-to whenever I visit. Cheap, solid theming, nice pool area, good food, and right next to Volcano Bay. Really the perfect budget hotel. I just hope the rates don't go up too much when EU opens.
>>
>>2364986
i can hear this photo
>>
I've come to the conclusion that Mexico and Japan straight up mog everything else in the World Showcase. Anything I'm missing?

>>2363431
I recently went to Animal Kingdom for the first time and it just felt MID AF. Granted, none of my group was really feeling it (Day 2 of 7 days total at the resort, 5 days at the parks) and Expedition Everest wasn't running, but I dunno... something just feels off about the park. The layout isn't nearly as intuitive as the other parks. I wanna give it another try next time I'm in Orlando, when I'm more up for it.

Anyway, we didn't feel like waiting around until night to properly experience the Pandora area, and flight of passage was like a 2 hour wait even with a lightning pass, and I don't really care for Avatar as a franchise (I root for my own gloriously expansionist species, and not the stick waving savages RHEEEEEEEEEEEing just because we want to strip mine their rock and build a WalMart next to their tree) but what exactly is the ride? Is it a rollercoaster? Do you actually move aside from being shaken around?
>>
Just got back from Disney World in early November. I have a weird question. Are there less morbidly obese people and assholes on rascals during the summer months? I'm a Florida native; heat doesn't bother me, I just don't like fat people and would like less of them ruining my vacation next time I feel like scratching the Disney itch.

>>2364986
What dat is?

>>2365000
Nice trips. Anyone else find that pictures of women holding food causes increasingly powerful moments of rage?
>>
>>2366793
Rode that thing like Seabiscuit while I was there. I'm sure the diversity checklist version of Splash will be... fine... but I'll miss the Br'er bunch.
>hitting the drop as the fireworks start
Is there a more kino feeling to be found at Magic Kingdom?
>>
>>2367798
Flight of Passage is Soarin' with 3D glasses and bike seats that move as if you're feeling the space pterodactyl your Avatar is riding is breathing.
>>
>>2367802
I like to compare it to a coin operated horsey ride at a grocery store. I’ve only been on it once and the breathing didn’t work. I think I get why normies like it, normies liked soarin too. Simulators don’t do it for me unless it’s something like Spider-Man with an actual moving ride vehicle and practical effects. I also think anybody who’s spent time with a Quest 2 isn’t going to be as impressed. Joe Rohde deserves is own hate thread and I just want to rip that fucking earring off

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.