[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 104 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: trv map.png (546 KB, 4972x2517)
546 KB
546 KB PNG
Real Traveller's map™ thread.

Color your home country in red, and the subdivisions you've visited in your home country in dark red. Color the countries you've visited in light green, and the subdivisions you've visited in dark green. Or just use the map however you like.

This is an updated version of the map, version 4.0.3. I'll post the simplified update in the next post.

Changelog (1/2)

Major changes
>Added three new provinces of Kazakhstan
>Azerbaijan has reorganized their economic regions from 10 to 14
>Indonesia has split their old Papua province into four new ones
>Timor-Leste has split Atauro Island from Dili Municipality
>South Ossetia's capital, Tskhinvali, has been added as a separate district
>The Israeli-administered Golan Heights has been merged to their Northern District, while also adding the eastern part of Quneitra Province to Syria. This corrects an error from previous maps where the entire Golan Heights was shown as being a separate Israeli district.
I also removed Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics that were added in the previous update, because with everything going on, they can hardly claim to be unrecognized countries anymore. I won't change Ukraine's borders anymore until that war is over.
>>
File: mupdate.png (51 KB, 4279x1406)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
This is the simplified update which can be copied and pasted onto your current map for your convenience. Open MS Paint, make sure "transparent selection" is ticked, zoom into the upper left corner, and copy-paste this image onto your old map. THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE MAP VERSION 4.0.2! If you have an earlier version (4.0.1 or no version number in the upper left corner), your map won't be updated properly, you have to fill out the new map.

Changelog (2/2)

Minor changes
>Adjusted some of the Cambodian and Icelandic administrative borders
>Made Dushanbe slightly bigger

Cosmetic changes
>Removed some black pixels around Sri Lanka and Crimea

In other news
>Burundi and Bangladesh
I found out that both Burundi and Bangladesh have upcoming subdivision changes, Bangladesh will add two more divisions, while Burundi will merge their 18 provinces down to 5. These changes aren't official yet, and knowing how long these things might take in that part of the world (still waiting for those Iraqi governorates announced in 2014), I didn't include them in the update.
>New Caledonia
It went completely under my radar, but New Caledonia hosted their third and final independence referendum in December 2021. It was boycotted by the pro-independence camp, who wanted to postpone it because of Covid, so the vote was overwhelmingly (96,5%) in favor of continued French rule.
>Chuuk
Another independence referendum scheduled for 2022 was that of Chuuk State in Micronesia. The referendum has been delayed many times, and appears to have been completely abandoned.
>>
File: trv map DLC.png (35 KB, 947x376)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
DLC or add-ons are other versions of countries that fans of the map can add on their own. For this update I've added three DLCs, the provinces of the Dominican Republic, the districts of Bhutan and the parishes of Jamaica.
>>
>>2337267
Doing god's work. You are much appreciated, autistic Norwegian.
>>
>>2337284
Thank you <3
>>
File: map403.png (455 KB, 4972x2517)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
I did a lot of bicycle travel this year. Got the microstates of Monaco, Vatican City, Andorra and Malta. Completed Italy, Switzerland and Metropolitan France. Other additions include Catalonia, a bunch of subdivisions in Croatia and Bosnia and a healthy number of governorates in Northern Tunisia.
I also went across all the statistical regions of Slovenia in case they become more than statistical regions in the future. I use them for my map instead of Slovenia's historical regions although I've been to those as well. France is now complete but I'm also close to having visited all the old French regions, only missing Poitou-Charentes and Aquitaine now. I think splitting Malta into two on the map is fucking stupid; Malta has five first-level subdivisions. Only giving Gozo its own representation because it's an island makes no sense. I've been to Gozo anyway though.

>>2337270
>no old French regions DLC

bruuuuuuh. They're extremely popular. Frenchies are still butthurt over the administrative reform. I also believe some people might enjoy the statistical regions of Switzerland.
Thanks for your work.
>>
>>2337313
Gibraltar is considered its own country on 4chan because it has its own flag. same story for the Faer Oer, so they should be grey
Ceuta, Melilla and Canary are correct :^)
>>
>>2337322
>on 4chan

I don't really care what gookmoot thinks Gibraltar is desu.
>>
>>2337333
it's not moot decision, it's how the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 standard works. that's the standard used on 4chan
>>
>>2337313
also you forgot Moscow again lol
>>
Good job creating this map. It was less frustrating to fill than in the past. I kind of like leaving the capitals blank to make them stand out.

>>2337313
How was Tunisia? I like some of their architecture, but I imagine the place is actually like Egypt.
>>
File: trvMap4.0.3.png (569 KB, 4972x2517)
569 KB
569 KB PNG
>>
>>2337402
oops I didn't finish brasil
>>
>>2337402
>Almaty/Bishkek, Fergana Valley and the Big Two plus Tashkent
Did you do in one trip?
>>
>>2337408
Yes. Flew to Almaty, then Bishkek, then Tashkent. Trains to Kokand/Fergana & Samarkand/Bukhara. I got a double-entry visa for Uzbekistan because I considered going to Khujand, but didn't. I also didn't see Khiva. Trip was 2-3 months.

Almaty > Bishkek > Tashkent when it comes to just cities. Almaty had the best infrastructure, public spaces, high-class amenities for the region and felt fresh. I liked Bishkek, but it doesn't have as much development flow. Tashkent disappointed me, for being one of the largest cities of the USSR.

They all have great Soviet remnants. Museums, architecture, metro systems. Very interesting to see the same components, construction styles, art in different climates with different ethnicities.

Samarkand is something special. I would spend more time in Almaty. Everything in the CIS countries has gotten more expensive since February.
>>
File: travelmap.png (553 KB, 4972x2517)
553 KB
553 KB PNG
literally just filled out 4.0.2 and come here to post it and see the new thread, baka. I tried to paste over but it's not working, yes I have transparent selection on. I'm sure I'm just being retarded and I'm sure the box of wine I just drank isn't helping but I cba to figure it out rn so here's 4.0.2, the changes didn't affect anything on my end anyways.
Trips coming up are all booked and paid for:
>london in mid october
>prague around halloween
>uzbekistan in december
>USVI in december
thinking of doing slovenia, morocco, and some other italian regions before EOY but none of that is planned atm
>>
>>2337313
>>no old French regions DLC
Fucking this. Old regions, departments, whatever the fuck. Just make France more nuanced, for the love of God.
>>
File: 20220920_164441.jpg (3.42 MB, 4032x3024)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB JPG
>>2337355
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

>>2337401
>How was Tunisia?

Honestly? Bad. Proper third world country. Every single village and towns looks the same: ugly concrete shanties and a mosque. Trash fucking everywhere except for the soulless coastal resorts. Entering the country by sea is a major hassle currently. India tier traffic, no rules or regulation whatsoever. Lots of ancient cars, horrible pollution, dirty roads. Bunch of touts in Tunis, tons of stray dogs and cats everywhere. Lots of cats actually. No amenities firsties like me kinda take for granted, like trash cans, pedestrian areas, sidewalks, parks, public restrooms, playgrounds etc. Landscapes are mostly lackluster, it's all so fucking dry and brown. Stores lacking foodstuff essentials like flour, milk, sugar and - notably horrible for me - fucking bottled water: https://english.alaraby.co.uk/news/tunisia-faces-dire-food-shortage-economic-crisis
Overall: Absolutely worth it - for the novelty factor, excitement and experience. It's definitely possible to explore the country by bicycle, wasn't too horrible after getting used to it (and getting out of Tunis). The roads are in surprisingly good condition by the way. I also liked how easy it was to find a place to sleep outside.
Tunisia is Africa though. Objectively speaking there's little reason to go there when you could just stay in neighboring Europe instead and experience more natural beauty, history and culture virtually anywhere with a lot more comfort and less stress. Tunis is well-connected to Europe by cheap ferry lines though and Tunisia, despite all its problems, is a beginner-friendly country by African standards, so it was kind of a nobrainer for me to check it out. Happy I did but I didn't like it a lot. Still would like to get the Southern governorates of the country and complete it some day lol.

>I imagine the place is actually like Egypt.
Haven't been to Egypt but it probably is. The countries are right next to each other on the HDI rankings.
>>
>>2337313
>>no old French regions DLC
Nigga I'm waiting on US counties DLC.
>>
>>2337468
could you have picked a harder color to read than that light green?
>>
>>2337402
>>2337411
there aren't only cities in the world you fucking moron
Kyrgyzstan has some of the biggest mountains in the world and all you saw is commieblocks in the capital you blithering idiot
kys
>>
>>2337516
>tunisia-faces-dire-food-shortage-economic-crisis
That sucks. I've always wanted to go there. I like deserts (in Arizona right now) and the ancient history fascinates me. I thought the place was more advanced though for some reason.
>>
File: 1664802525222134.png (564 KB, 4972x2517)
564 KB
564 KB PNG
I think i need to travel more lol
>>
>>2337619
Shut up. There are no right or wrong ways to travel. If anon had fun is the only thing that matters.
>>
>>2337516
>Bunch of touts in Tunis
Think twice before you go to Morocco or Egypt.
>>
>>2337800
While I agree with you in general, visiting Kyrgyzstan solely for Bishkek is a real waste.
I do hope that he at least did some day trips to nearby nature, many different nice places available for cheap.
>>
>>2337705
>city rat
>can't understand how the map works
many such cases
>>
>>2337820
Shut up. Your meme isn't funny. There's nothing wrong with his map.
>>
File: world.png (553 KB, 4972x2517)
553 KB
553 KB PNG
where to next bois
>>
>>2337679
>I thought the place was more advanced though for some reason.
It's still one of the most developed countries in Afria for what it's worth but the difference between Tunisia and any European country is gigantic.

>the ancient history fascinates me.
There's a ton of well-preserved Roman ruins and Carthage of course but Tunisians themselves don't really care much for them. Tourism development all goes straight into hotels and coastal resorts.
>>
File: SupremeAutismMap.png (562 KB, 4972x2517)
562 KB
562 KB PNG
Nothing has changed on the map. However, in the couple months, I have:
>visited Mumbai
>visited Bangalore
>taken a 3,000km motorcycle trip from West Bengal to Andhra Pradesh

I was going to fly home to the U.S. for a month, but I'm not sure I want to spend the money. TBQH I'll probably just go back in April or May, which is when I'll have to re-locate to America anyway.

also:
>inb4 "look at the balkans, taking a bus doesn't count!!!"
>I hitchhiked through Europe and camped, hiked, or otherwise spent time in almost all of the shaded regions
>>
>>2337897
you hate the swiss or something lol
>>
>>2337921
Switzerland would be a detour from his route from Northern Italy to Bavaria.
>>
>>2337939
This, except in reverse. I’d linked up with a friend in Göttingen, and then hitchhiked to his hometown near Chemsiee together. Spent a few days there, then headed down to Venice through the Alps. He went home from Padua, and I carried on toward Slovenia and the Balkans. Ended up spending a night in a farm field near Trieste, kek.
>>
>>2337679
it was until arab spring happened and now its just livng off its past legacy while everything is deteriorating
>>
>>2337619
Is this the tranny poster? He comes out swinging every time. It's an MS Paint thread, dude.

There is plenty nature to enjoy just outside cities. You don't need to do a two day overland through the Tian Shan to get out there. Almaty is on the cusp of a mountain range, but our RealTraveler 364 Romanian counties & Quebec map doesn't reflect that well.

Cities have airports & internet. Chatyr-Köl is hard to work from. Hope you can get out there to see it, sounds like you'd really like to.
>>
File: trv map DLC.png (43 KB, 947x464)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>2337313
You should suggest changes to the map before the update, not right after. I can't release an entire new update just to fix Malta, so it'll have to wait. I personally think dividing islands nations into just major islands when they're too small for their proper subdivisions is the correct way to do it, I've done the same for some of the Caribbean countries and the Seychelles, but I always open for a discussion. I've actually long thought about a way to add the smaller countries and their subdivisions on the map, maybe as some sort of extension on the top or bottom, but I can't really think of something that'll look nice. Any suggestions?

I've added France and Switzerland as DLC now, don't know why I didn't think about the old French regions myself, after all I'm no stranger to horribly unpopular region reforms. Thanks to the Belgian anon who uses the old French regions on his own map, I found it in the archive and just copied that.
>>2337322
>>2337354
How people count countries is not for you or anyone to decide. If people want to go with a strict 193 UN nations or 1000+ territories MTP autism style, then that's their choice. Fuck off with your ISO standards lol.
>>2337576
Fuck it, I've got nothing better to do, and this is requested in every one of these threads. Can't promise it will be quick, but I'll try. I found this one in the archive which I'll use to work from, you can use that in the meantime:
https://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1715272/#1729557
>>
File: 1637869655320.png (2.33 MB, 2166x922)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB PNG
>>2337679
Probably because it looks nearly indistinguishable from Greece.
>>
>>2338136
peak cherrypeaking
>>
>>2338167
>no Romanian municipalities

dropped
>>
>>2338167
Who's gonna keep this one updated?
>>
hoping to check out Vancouver (now that it's re-open) and the Ozarks within the next year. Argentina and South America are on my radar but probably not as soon as the other ones.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (475 KB, 4972x2517)
475 KB
475 KB PNG
>>2338289
>mfw forgot file
>>
>>2338291
How was Papua New Guinea?
>>
>>2338130
can we have the old Norwegian regions too?
>>
File: RTM_personalized.png (474 KB, 4972x2517)
474 KB
474 KB PNG
>>2338568
nevermind, already made my own personalised autismmaxxed template
>>
>>2337588
take it up with the guy who designed the map
>>
File: C1 Bezocht.png (598 KB, 4972x2517)
598 KB
598 KB PNG
I went to Artsakh in 2015. Most of the places I've been to are outside its current borders, so I use the old borders.
>>
File: Island Border.png (802 KB, 4972x2517)
802 KB
802 KB PNG
I am not OP, but I got bored and decided to fuck around with the island borders.

The OP's original borders are:
>solid = independent countries/sovereign nations
>broken = overseas territories of larger countries

It wasn't clear to me which islands belonged to which country, so I've given them colored borders to make them easier to tell apart. This was merely a passion project born out of boredom, so I don't really think I revolutionized geography in any measurable quantity.
Brown/Other islands are just one-offs. There's a South African island, a Brazilian island, and a Danish island.
>>
File: Island annotations.png (891 KB, 4972x2517)
891 KB
891 KB PNG
>>2339201
This is just to show that I've done my homework. Use this as a cheat sheet if you can't remember where certain islands are located.
>>
>>2339199
>>2339200
>>2339201
>>2339202
Why did you post all of this twice?
>>
File: Island annotations.png (892 KB, 4972x2517)
892 KB
892 KB PNG
>>2339208
I deleted the first two because there was a small mistake. Now have another, because I forgot to write down where Samoa-proper is.
>>
>>2339210
Oh, cool.
>Kralendijk
I thought it was Bonaire? Google says Kralendijk is the capital city of the island, not the name of the island itself.
>>
>>2339210
>>2339211
aaaaaaaand I accidentally colored the French portion of Saint-Martin red. Fuck me, I'm drunk and I suck nigger cocks. I'm gonna correct it on my end, but I ain't gonna upload it because I already took away three image posts from this thread. Y'all got the general gist of it anyway.
>>
>>2339329
Thanks for your work. Please correct your mistake.
>>
>>2337269
What did you change about Tajikistan?
>>
>>2339393
>Made Dushanbe slightly bigger
>>
>>2339394
Lol, I just ctrl+F Tajikistan.
>>
File: Screenshot (10).png (152 KB, 1440x607)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
These were all solo moto trips
>>
>>2339329
You forgot the Galapagos
>>
>>2338167
Holy Fuck
>>
File: Untitled1_20221008042110.png (883 KB, 4096x2073)
883 KB
883 KB PNG
>>
another brainlet that can't understand how the map works
not for nothing he claims to be an amerimutt that MoVeD tO JaPAn AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, so many cases, only such tranny brainlets could have that of a low iq
>>
>>2338586
Based. Finally someone who uses my DLC :) I'll add the old Norwegian counties as DLC for the next update, I'll probably start using them myself too.
>>2339201
Nice job. Don't worry about posting too many pictures, these threads never hit the image limit anyway, and if they do, we'll just make a new one. If you decide to fix this >>2339210 and post it, you also forgot to mark where Saba, Sint Eustatius, Montserrat and St. Kitts and Nevis are.
>>2339393
Dushanbe was only two pixels, so I made it four pixels like most of the other city provinces on the map. It was only minor change, the actual region of Dushanbe hasn't changed (as far as I know).
>>
File: 1664802525222e45.png (556 KB, 4972x2517)
556 KB
556 KB PNG
>>2337267
how am I doing?
>>
>>2340010
terribly, you are so retarded that you can't even understand how to fill the map
>>
File: places_v2.png (618 KB, 4972x2517)
618 KB
618 KB PNG
I think I might have a claim at the most autistic map in the thread.

Just got back from a big trip in Central Asia. Most of what's filled out in Kazakhstan is from hitchhiking.

Norwegian anon, I think its time to officially add second-level subdivisions in a lighter shade of grey, at least for big countries.
>>
>>2340059
>I think its time to officially add second-level subdivisions in a lighter shade of grey, at least for big countries.

nah
>>
>>2340059
>Norwegian anon, I think its time to officially add second-level subdivisions in a lighter shade of grey, at least for big countries.
I'm working on the US counties DLC now, and it's really painful, even when I have a template to already work with. Look at this shit. I can't even imagine doing something like the Russian districts from scratch, not to mention keeping everything up to date.
>>
>>2340059
Did you make it yourself? It looks pretty fucking good.
>>
File: map.png (483 KB, 4972x2517)
483 KB
483 KB PNG
Had tickets to Alaska and Japan but got canceled due to pandemic, want to go to Spain and maybe Vietnam.
>>
>>2340248
Can you stop with your negativity for every uploaded map? We got it the first time. You're not funny.
>>
File: sneed.png (563 KB, 4972x2517)
563 KB
563 KB PNG
how long do you have to stay somewhere for it to count as having lived there? a month? a year?
same question for visiting desu, does one day count? how about half a day?
>>
>>2340382
>how long do you have to stay somewhere for it to count as having lived there? a month? a year?
Not everyone is going to agree with me, but I would say more than a month, as long as it's for non-touristic reasons. Most people pay their rent or mortgage by the month, so I have a natural tendency to view living in one-month installments.

If I was a university student studying abroad for a semester, I would count the region I'm staying in as having lived there.

If I got a 6-month contract to work in Dubai, I would count it as having lived there.

If my company was opening a new branch in another part of the country and they sent me over there to help set things up, and it took me 2 months, I would count that region has having lived there.

If my company was sending me to attend a conference or convention for one week, I would NOT count that as living.

>same question for visiting desu, does one day count? how about half a day?
Honestly, I would say any amount of time, as long as you made a conscious effort to visit the place, and it's not just a transit or layover.

The Vatican City is technically a country. You're not gonna stay in there for a whole day.

Lots of people who travel to/live in Hong Kong like to take short day trips to Macau. They're usually staying in HK for the long haul, but they're only in Macau for a few hours.

If you never leave the airport or train station, I wouldn't count the region as visited. If you do leave to explore the place for a few hours, you might not get the best experience, but a visit's a visit.
>>
>>2340603
sound judgment
>>
>>2340603
This is the post
>>
File: travels.png (551 KB, 4972x2517)
551 KB
551 KB PNG
>>2337267
>>
>>2340682
We know you're actually in Argentina you fag, you can't fool us.
>>
File: are you a wizard.jpg (177 KB, 912x1183)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>2340682
>half of Europe as his home country
>has visited Libya, Ethiopia and North Korea, but won't say which provinces
>claims to live in Antarctica
>provides no further information
>>
>>2340718
>he doesn't get it
>>
File: 1652092997230.png (29 KB, 1860x214)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>2340716
This was previously addressed.
>>
>>2340721
Ooooh, I get it now. Clever.
>>
File: Island Cheat Sheet.png (897 KB, 4972x2517)
897 KB
897 KB PNG
>>2339582
Okay, I've made some fixes and changes to my Island Cheat Sheet.

>Corrected Bonaire (was previously misidentified as Kralendijk)
>Corrected Saint-Martin's arbitrary border color (was previously red/British, now it's neon green/French)
>Added Saba, Sint Eustatius, Montserrat, St Kitts and Nevis, and Malta (they were previously unmarked)
>Corrected French Southern and Antarctic Lands (was previously misidentified as "French Southern and Atlantic Lands," what the fuck was wrong with me)
>Removed US Minor Outlying Islands for consistency (I only wanted to cover Norwegianon's boxed islands; I didn't want to touch the unboxed islands yet)
>Color-coded the island names to match their border colors
>>
File: Island Border.png (802 KB, 4972x2517)
802 KB
802 KB PNG
>>2340734
Fillable version
>>
Is Johnston Atoll on this map? I'm having trouble pinpointing exactly where it might be.
>>
File: USMOI.png (565 KB, 4972x2517)
565 KB
565 KB PNG
>>2340748
All of the US Minor Outlying Islands are on the map, all of them except Navassa is joined as a single territory
>>
>>2340724
a DLC then? can we have it?
>>
>>2340751
nerd
>>
File: California-King.png (587 KB, 4972x2517)
587 KB
587 KB PNG
>>2337267
Never been east of the rockies.
Feels good.
>>
>another braindead retard that can't understan how to fill the map
>>
>>2340830
California is a country

Stay mad
>>
File: realtravel.png (783 KB, 4972x2517)
783 KB
783 KB PNG
I'm going to Yugoslavia in a few months. Might go see Siam next year.
>>
>>2340059
>I think its time to officially add second-level subdivisions
Fuck that, I want every single street added to the map. We have to go further.
>>
>>2340010
how is South Africa, germanon?
>>
>>2340858
>he hasn't been to Nefterazvedochnaya street in Vanavara, Evenkiysky District, Krasnoyarsk Krai

I really do feel like I'm the only Real Traveler™ on this board sometimes. Why even travel in the first place if you're not serious about it at all?
>>
File: next.png (571 KB, 4972x2517)
571 KB
571 KB PNG
Excited for our next trip, we wanted to do the train from Portugal to Singapore via trans Siberian rail and go down through Mongolia but Russia is being a fag so we are routing through turkey as far as we can east, having to switch to bus to get into Georgia and then picking back up the train to Baku and taking a cargo ship to Kazakhstan to continue our train journey. Then boot around a few more months in Pacific Asia.
Total trip length, 7 months.
>>
File: US counties DLC.png (155 KB, 4972x1603)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
Introducing the US counties DLC!

This DLC replaces the standard US and Canadian states and territories with their second level administrative divisions. I've used the template posted here >>2340059 and for the most part just corrected wrong borders.

Notes and changelog:
>USA
The 50 states have been expanded with their counties or "county equivalents", i.e. boroughs in Alaska and parishes in Louisiana. Alaska has an unorganized borough that's further divided into census areas, which have been included. The District of Columbia also funtions as a county equivalent. I've used black borders between states and dark grey borders between counties. Aside from this, there are no major changes to the map, but some islands have had their connecting lines redrawn to be attached to their proper county. This is most notable in Alaska, where a third line now extends over the top of the map to properly attach St. Lawrence Island to Nome Census Area.
>US territories
The US Virgin Islands have been divided into their three main islands, American Samoa has been divided into their three districts and two unorganized atolls, the US Minor Outlying Islands have been separated into the nine islands and atolls it consists of, while Puerto Rico's 78 municipalities are too small to fit on the map, so I've used the six regions the territory seems to operate with. Guam functions as a single county and the Northern Mariana Islands are already divided into their four municipalities on the map, so they aren't changed. Except for Puerto Rico, these are the county equivalents the US Census Bureau operates with for these territories.
>Canada
Canada isn't divided into counties, so I've used the "census geographic units" used by Statistics Canada. In some cases these correspond to the actual second-level administrative divisions, when it does not it's the usual case of too many "counties" to fit on the map. Yukon has no counties, and the whole territory is counted as a single census division.
>>
>>2342099
I've really tried my best with this, but because the map is somewhat skewed and there's over 3100 counties, some of them have an odd shape. I've prioritized location over form, so two neighbouring counties similar in size might look very different on the map, or an otherwise square county might look elongated, but they usually border each other where they should. Virginia, with its whopping 95 counties and 38 (!) independent cities, was particularly difficult. New Kent and Charles City for example are located next to each other on the map, despite being north-south of each other in real life. New York City is another case, where their five bouroughs also functions as counties, but they should be recognizable enough on the map. I was in doubt whether Richmond County (i.e. Staten Island) should be delineated by a black or grey border, I chose black since it's an island. I figured those who use this DLC have enough knowledge about the USA to figure out which state it belongs to.

Any feedback is much appreciated, and those with an more in-depth knowledge of US counties are very welcome to look at this and suggest changes. I hope you like it!
>>
>>2342099
>>2342100
I'm noticing some details like Navassa island having a border, an extra island in American Samoa (Etena), and the US Minor Outlying Islands being separated that I think should be in the base map.
>>
>>2342115
>American Samoa
I agree. I actually discovered this when I did the county DLC now, that I've divided it wrongly. It consists of three districts, instead I've divided it into three islands. I figured I'll fix that in the next update, whenever that is, and add Swains and Rose Atolls in there too.
>Navassa
I always stumble over this when looking over the map for a new update and never really figured what to do with it. It's part of the US Minor Outlying Islands, and the only reason it's not joined to the rest is because it's on the wrong side of the Americas. The connecting line would be too long and cross half the map, I've tried and it looks ugly and intrusive for a territory practically no one ITT will ever visit. Just removing it is obviously out of the question, so I just leave it there. A square around it would probably be best, because as of now it looks like a subdivision of Haiti, but that creates a new problem with the rest of the USMOI, which should then have borders too, for consistency's sake. Problem is they're too spread out for a single square, and unlike for example the French Southern and Antarctic Lands, there isn't a larger territory that could have a square, with the rest of the smaller islands connected to that. Separating them isn't a good idea if you ask me. It's treated as a single territory, and most Real Travellers will be lucky to visit even one of them in their lifetime. They're uninhabited and mostly off limits to ordinary people, and separating them would also open the door for separating the aforementioned French southern islands. Then again, I know the islands have nothing in common and aren't administered as a single entity, they're just lumped together because it's conventient.

Generally speaking there seems to be those who want the map more detailed, and those who want it more simplified, and it's difficult to make both sides happy.
>>
>>2341484
May I suggest to you to go through Southern Kazakhstan instead?
From Aktau you can go via Beyneu over the Turksib route via Turkestan, Shymkent, Taraz and Almaty, from where you also have a train to China or many fast train connections to Astana if you really want to see the capital.
The route is not much longer, in fact, when you plan to stop somewhere you will have a much larger selection of trains, so it might end up being the quicker route.
>>
>>2342154
Sweet, thanks for the advice bro.
>>
>>2342141
>and separating them would also open the door for separating the aforementioned French southern islands
Even better, then.
>>
>>2341484
This seems like an awesome trip, I've been thinking about doing something similar, but just the turkey and central asia leg.

Any reason why you're not going into Uzbekistan? It seems incredibly interesting to me.
>>
>>2342349
I was originally looking at Kyrgyzstan, but for the same reasons I think Uzbekistan never came to mind. It's that is feels kinda "out of the way" knowing that we are going to be entering china overland and from what I can find that's best done into Urumqi.

Another thing is that we are giving ourselves 3-4 weeks from the Western shore of the Caspian to enter China and we are more "fewer places for longer" kinda people. We would rather check it out a place, see what we think is worth it to see and then never have to go back lol (where budget allows us in a place for long enough).

Current plan for this trip-ish (Tentative & excluding some short travel periods):
Ireland 1 week,
Rail from Portugal to Turkey 3 weeks,
Turkey 1 month,
Kazakhstan 3 weeks,
NW China 1 week,
Thailand 2 weeks,
Cambodia 3 weeks,
Indonesia 4 weeks,
Philippines 1 month,
South Korea 2 weeks.

Previous 7 month trip:
Peru 3 weeks,
Mainland Ecuador 3 weeks,
Galapagos 3 weeks,
India 3 months,
Vietnam 3 weeks,
China 1 month.

So we like to take it slower but not be insufferably slow.

Thanks for reading my travel blog.
>>
>>2342943
>NW China
Good luck with that, the chinese just reaffirmed their zero covid autism, good luck even getting into the country for a couple years, much less the northwest
>>
File: 1600723385231.png (545 KB, 4972x2517)
545 KB
545 KB PNG
>>2337267
Gotta get out of east asia for a while soon
>>
>>2343194
Luckily it's a bit of a ways off.
My yellow uses 'soon' relative to the length of the trip. 7 months is a long time to poof vanish from the world so we started planning and saving now. We are low 30s so we have careers and shit to plan around. Actual time of the trip is early 2024. So china has time to unfuck itself. Otherwise, we will find an alternative route or force another non-train 'hop' back to the train line.
>>
>>2343196
How was Venezuela?
>>
File: 1664802525222134.png (846 KB, 4972x2517)
846 KB
846 KB PNG
>>2337267
Not as extensive as some others but my trip to Norway this August (first on my own) went very well so more soon hopefully.
>>
File: 1664802525222e65.png (568 KB, 4972x2517)
568 KB
568 KB PNG
>>2340032
kek, just uploaded the wrong image, this one is correct
>>
File: travel.png (584 KB, 4972x2517)
584 KB
584 KB PNG
>>2337267
>>
>>2344158
oldest joke in the book mate
>>
File: mom i posted it again.jpg (20 KB, 400x400)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>2344158
>>
File: Untitled1_20221016163255.png (922 KB, 4096x2073)
922 KB
922 KB PNG
Niggers
>>
>>2337619
Seethe more shit skin
>>
Do people actually keep track of every little province they have ever been to? This is far too much autism for me.
>>
>>2345150
>I'm a midwit faggot with bad memory
>>
>>2345194
Not everyone is like you and has only been to 3 countries and 5 provinces.
>>
>>2345150
Why would that be so difficult to keep track of? You literally only need to know the names of the cities and places you've been, and the rest is super easy.
>>
>>2345233
>>2344790

This is my map faggot.
11 countries
Suck my cock
>>
>>2345233
Actually 12*
>>
>>2345411
>measuring dicks in countries

this is a thread about real travel™ son.
>>
>>2345421
Oh yeah how many countries have you been to BITCH? Thats right you little dick faggot
>>
>>2345426
Calling everyone a faggot for no reason and bragging about having been to 12 countries, maybe /b/ is a better board for you?
>>
>>2345454
You still didn't answer my question pussy
>>
>>2345323
Some people have been to hundreds of places, you wouldn't know. This map also looks like it has to be filled in all manually, that's endless work to color in every little spot.
>>
>>2345549
>endless work
You really are a lazy piece of shit
>>
>>2345426
>>
>>2345549
>Some people have been to hundreds of places
And you automatically forget those places once you reach a certain number? Do you have Alzheimer's or something? Knowing where you've travelled before isn't some advanced memory exercise, it's called having a working brain.
>>
File: rltrv.png (573 KB, 4972x2517)
573 KB
573 KB PNG
I haven't decided where to go next summer, any input? Want to see some cool shit, and cooming would be nice.

2024 will be a central asia trip to see the world nomad games.
>>
>>2345675
THEN LETS SEE THE MAP FAGGOT
>>
File: 1639688124617.png (789 KB, 4972x2517)
789 KB
789 KB PNG
I visited Hong Kong back in the 80s, that's why I colored it dark red, and why China wasn't colored at all.
>>
>>2345725
It's easy when you're a kid who has only traveled to one country. But try remembering which exact provinces you went through on a trip to France 20 years ago.
>>
>>2346244
I don't count places I went to as a kid unless I have clear memories about it.
>>
>>2346244
Why the insulting tone? You come here and brag about your vast travels, while also saying you don't remember where you've actually been. It's a very odd flex tbqh. For the record, I've been to 34 countries, and I could tell you about where I went in every single one.
>>
>>2346085
Nice map. How was Saudi Arabia?
>>
>>2346085
Guessing NY to Mexico was a roadtrip. When did you do that? Judging by the fact you were in HK you're old for this board so you might actually have a cool story to tell.

Would also like to hear more about the Pakistan and India travels.
>>
Bump
>>
File: map.png (591 KB, 4972x2517)
591 KB
591 KB PNG
>>
>>2347063
Where will you go in the US?
>>
>>2347113
in each state, obviously
>>
>>2346428
>Guessing NY to Mexico was a roadtrip. When did you do that?
That was a very long time ago; I must've been around 20 years old when I did it. I also did the whole thing by motorcycle, too.

>Judging by the fact you were in HK you're old for this board so you might actually have a cool story to tell.
Not really, I was there very briefly. It wasn't even an intentional trip, I only ended up there because the plane I was riding in had issues. The only story I have to share is that some French guy was harassing my group while we were trying to have lunch. My mate ended up fighting him, and absolutely wrecked him.

>Would also like to hear more about the Pakistan and India travels.
I don't have any good memories of India, but then again, who does? As soon as I arrived, I was swarmed by a pajeet horde, demanding that I give them money. I also got a strange infection on my arm while I was in Varanasi, and it comes to me as no surprise that that place has a reputation as India's disease hub. I went to the doctor ASAP to get it treated, but he was just plain useless.
And people drive like maniacs over there; some idiot nearly killed me with his reckless driving. This happened on my way to Pakistan, where the roads were rough, uneven, narrow, and on a fucking mountain. Bastard nearly drove me off the side of the mountain.

Pakistan was actually kind of interesting, though. My first night there, I stayed in some remote village that gave off ghost town vibes. The locals were eerily quiet, not at all like the boisterous money-hungry Indians. When I went to Karachi, I've found the people to be really nice. Due to a misunderstanding, some locals actually tried to give ME money, not the other way around. Of course I declined, but it was a refreshing change of pace.

>>2346426
Not much happened, but it was still an unforgettable experience. I actually did part of my traveling by riding a camel, which I believe to be the quintessential travel experience in the middle east.
>>
did you go to saudi arabia recently on a tourist visa?
>>
>>2347113
Montana Virginia and North Carolina
>>
>>2347210
No, this was like 34-35 years ago.
>>
File: travelmap.png (555 KB, 4972x2517)
555 KB
555 KB PNG
Just had my first big trip this year, spent 6 months in Europe. I'm addicted to history and geography now and just want to go everywhere I possibly can, filling this map out makes me realise how many places I have to go and how many places I already missed. Had a great time though. Any recommendations for an ausfag for travel within Aus and best countries in SEA?
>>
>>2347251
Thailand is great for history, the old capital of Ayutthaya is really spectacular.
>>
File: RealTravelOct22.png (556 KB, 4972x2517)
556 KB
556 KB PNG
>>2347251
Lmao we've got kinda similiar maps.
>In Aus
Depends on your interests. Food in Tasmania and SA is very good, and Adelaide has quite an underrated restaurant and bar scene, also the only city with a real nightlife district left (Hindley/Rundle St and all their sidestreets) (Brisbane has the Valley but its just cookie-cutter clubs), Adelaide's also got some nice architecture.
>SEA
I've only ever been to Singapore and KL, but both of those have a very fun feel about them, great food, and fairly easy to get around.
>>
File: 710551169.jpg (1.77 MB, 4972x2517)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
>>
Bump
>>
File: travelmap2022oct.png (552 KB, 4972x2517)
552 KB
552 KB PNG
Here's mine! Am I doing well? I am 18
>>
File: Trv.png (555 KB, 4972x2517)
555 KB
555 KB PNG
I'm curious about the Balkans and want to plan a trip there soon,, anyone have specific recommendations or tips for the region?? I was thinking of doing Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia over a couple week span
>>
>>2350866
Dubrovnik is kino, but overcrowded and expensive. You can island hop on your way to Split and get a bus from there to Sarajevo, I did that a few years ago. I did Korcula-Hvar-Bol (Brac), all three can be recommended. I did one day in each, which was sufficient to see the main sights, but there would be nothing wrong with spending more time. Hvar is the party island and Bol has a world famous beach great for sunbathing and swimming if that's your thing. Great hiking opportunities on all three.
>>
Bump
>>
File: 4chantrv.png (557 KB, 4972x2517)
557 KB
557 KB PNG
This is probably my favorite recurring thread on this board. FYI I used yellow to instead demarcate places I am very interested in visiting in the next ~5 years (maybe more than that for countries like Syria/Yemen)

>>2337897
I'm extremely impressed just by the continuity through Europe->Turkey and India/Pakistan. I don't know if I have a completionist mindset from video games or something but I want to be very comprehensive with my future travel.
>>2339147
When/why did you visit Iran and what guided your itinerary there?
>>2340382
Also curious on when/why you visited Iran and what drew you to various places there, same questions for Morocco.
>>2350839
Läget bror, Svensk yänkare här. Du gör skit-bra för din åldern. Bor du i Göteborg? Trevlig stad när jag hälsade runt där+Karlstad sista sommar.
>>
>>2353296
>When/why did you visit Iran and what guided your itinerary there?
Judging from the file name he doesn't need a guide in Iran.
>>
>>2353301
Yeah I gathered, but I'm not asking if he actually had someone guide him around the country, I'm asking what drew him to the places he visited and how he selected them.
>>
>>2353296
>Bor du i Göteborg? Trevlig stad när jag hälsade runt där+Karlstad sista sommar.

Tack för feedbacken, jänkare! Jag bor inte i Göteborg längre utan bor numera i Småland.
>>
>>2350866
dont miss Albania like I did, everyone I spoke to backpacking said it was their favourite. I also enjoyed romania and bulgaria but they are quite large, maybe you need more than a few weeks to include them.

def visit kotor, mostar, sarajevo.
>>
File: Monde.png (561 KB, 4972x2517)
561 KB
561 KB PNG
Thanks for this map. Had an old version so spent a few moments updating it with your new version. Insane work!
>>
i might want to consider more travel but (sadly) havent been able to make time
>>
>>2353884
>>
>>2353972
Are you an Eritrean refugee or an aid worker? bretty cool
>>
>>2354127
im just eritrean, my parents r immigrants
I've considered doing ngo work there but I've decided against it
>>
File: travel1.png (136 KB, 1598x760)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>
File: Untitled4.jpg (2.39 MB, 4096x2073)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
I'm on mobile so don't judge it's hard to paint bucket on phone I'm currently on a long trip
>>
>>2337267
Just wondering, out of curiosity, would you mind sharing what old versions of the map looked like? The 1.0 version, for instance. Also, how did you manage to do this in the first place?
>>
File: old trv map.png (497 KB, 4972x2517)
497 KB
497 KB PNG
>>2355012
Pic rel is the original map, which I started working on some four years ago. I didn't make that map, that's been in use on /trv/ for many years, I just improved it. Originally I was just annoyed by how frustrating it was to fill in my home country of Norway, with its many rogue pixels along the coast, and it just escalated from there. I simply used MS Paint for all of it. Color subdivision green, use pencil tool to connect unconnected pixels, repeat for every subdivision. I'm an unemployed map nerd, so for me it was just fun really. I didn't start numbering the versions until 4.0, so everything up until that is a bit unofficial:

https://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1435556/
First thread, I updated and posted new maps as people suggested changes in the thread, which is not very user friendly, but I guess I hadn't planned on it becoming what it has become now.

https://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1465920/
Second thread. Again, the map was updated several times during the thread.

https://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1734459/
Major update as Bougainville was voting on independence and the cursed Norwegian county reform came into effect. Up until that point, I was counting on people in the threads telling me if there were subdivision changes, I didn't actively research it myself. As a result, I had missed that most of Africa and more was completely wrong, and the 3.1 update was posted in the thread.

https://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1734459/#q1749577
https://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1765884/
The post with the 3.1 update and the next thread following that, with some other smaller updates

https://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1912681/
Started using version numbers after this

https://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1941742/
Just another minor update correcting a mistake from the previous one (this has happened more than once, lol)

https://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/2167623/
DLC/add-ons were introduced in this one
>>
>>2355291
>he even keeps track of every thread he's made
Unbelievable levels of autism... Which I embrace. It's pretty neat to see the story unfold.
>>
>>2355291
Where do you source all these from? At least the countries I'm familiar with, these are all off. You either have too many or not enough divisions compared to the actually official lines. Even so, in many countries these don't make any sense whatsoever. When no natives know these borders you drew or what belong to what region, it's time to rethink.
>>
>>2355291
Tusen takk for all of these informations! It's neat to see how the project evolved, much appreciated!
>>
File: divisions-me.png (565 KB, 4972x2517)
565 KB
565 KB PNG
>>
>>2355719
very nice, bro
>>
File: trv map DLC.png (52 KB, 1162x635)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
I updated the DLC to include the former 19 counties of Norway, as this has been requested and I've also wanted to use them myself. This fixes some of the black pixels along the coast, as well as the shape of Oslo, which has been wrong. This will be included in the update that'll be released in January 2024 when some of the formerly merged counties will split again, by then I'll also have fixed the rest of the black pixels along the coast.

I also made the islands of the French Southern and Antarctic Lands separated, as this was requested by an Anon for some reason. Quite unnecessary in my opinion, but hey, it's the autism map, who am I to judge? This fixes the shapes of some of the islands, as well as including Banc du Geyser, which is currently absent from the main map. The updated shapes and Banc du Geyser will be fixed in the next update, but I won't separate them on the main map for kind-of obvious reasons.
>>
>>2350866
If you get as far south as Greece, Epirus is like a hidden gem for nature and lesser known historical sights. The Ionian Islands are also incredibly beautiful with great local food (though I'd avoid Zakynthos, the most touristy, there's nice parts but also parts just covered in dregs).
>>
File: map.png (595 KB, 4972x2517)
595 KB
595 KB PNG
These maps always remind me how little of the countries I've been to I've actually seen.
>>
File: 1664802525222134.png (552 KB, 4972x2517)
552 KB
552 KB PNG
>>2337267
i'm Otaku and i like kebab and marihuana.
>>
File: Mapa Mundi Autista.png (566 KB, 4972x2517)
566 KB
566 KB PNG
>>2337267
>>
>>2357840
I find your travels quite interesting, any good stories?
>>
>>2337705
You forgot Puerto Rico
>>
>>2358174
>stories?
he took photos at old buildings with his chinese phone
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (598 KB, 4972x2517)
598 KB
598 KB PNG
>>
Sometimes the most exciting places aren’t far from home
>>
>>2358198
We have some family ties, but never been there. Planning on it next summer.
>>
>>2358174
>Cliché route in China (Beijing, Xian, Nanjing, Hangzhou and Shanghai)
>Two months of backpacking in 2005 from Slovenia until Estonia.
>Three times in Russia, being the last one in 2014 for 3 weeks in: Moscow, St. Petersburg and Golden Ring
>1 month of backpacking in 2016 from Milan 'til Lisbon
>1 month of backpacking in Poland, Belarus and Ukraine in 2017
>1 month of backpacking in Mexico in 2019
>Last October, 1 month of backpacking at Chilean + Argentinan Patagonia
Highlights:
>Got into the legendary Big Sister brothel in Prague
>Been into Prague before it was pozzed
>Been into a packed Boca Juniors Libertadores game in La Bombonera
>Didn't try scorpions in China, but I did chapolins in Mexico
>Lost $100 because I arrived late for the bus to Chernobyl (I really underestimated Kiev subway)
>Got invited to a FKK-like sauna night in Odessa
>Finished into an homonym Chernivtsy in Ukraine and complain with /trv/ about it
>Learnt to go to McDonald's abroad for eating unique local features (e.g. shrimps in Odessa)
>Try to teach French numbers for an Italian and a Russian in St. Petersburg
>It is way easier to backpack in smartphone era (no map worrings, Uber, delivery apps, etc.), but there was some charm in get a physical map, try to locate yourself and getting used with the backache.
>I gave a job to a Belarusian girl I knew in Couchsurfing because the hostel owner I was had heard she speaking in English
>Saw a bullfighting in Madrid, and the last attempt to become vegetarian didn't work.
>1.81m guy banged a 1.87m Russian whore also in Madrid. It was weird to be a manlet
>Brazilian whores are really the best of the world, and São Paulo is a hidden gem for that.
>Did shrooms in Amsterdam, and it was my best day in 2003.
>The amount of gringos that don't know anything about our colonial cities (mainly in Minas Gerais state) amazed me.
>>
>>2358197
What brought you to Kansas? Whole lotta nothing out here, save for maybe Lawrence/Manhattan or the KCK metro. Manhattanite (KS knockoff version) btw.
>>
>>2358260
I was born in Kansas City but I’m in Kansas to go to KU.
>>
>>2358201
Where in Denmark? I'm from Norway and have been to Jutland dozens of times, I could give you a few suggestions.
>>
File: 1597991486227.jpg (1.42 MB, 1533x1984)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>2337270
Have you ever considered doing the subdivisions of the Indian states? That would be very interesting to separate, considering how different the regions can get around there.
>>
>>2358929
Not really. If I had an existing template to work with, like I had with the US counties, I could be up for it, but it seems like a whole lot of work to do from scratch. If it's something people really want I can look into it, but tbqh most of the DLC that's requested in these threads are never even used.
>>
File: Hawa_Mahal_2011.jpg (4.97 MB, 3756x3236)
4.97 MB
4.97 MB JPG
>>2359210
Yeah, I understand, it's a niche thing. I will probably go there for my honey moon, but only a few days because the "real" destination would be Nepal so it annoys me to colour the entire Uttar Pradesh state in green just because I took my wife to see the Taj Mahal. The actual version will do just fine, I can't even realise how much time it takes you to maintain it in the first place.
Thanks for your reply though, I really appreciate your work!
>>
File: gseegsesg.png (523 KB, 1440x786)
523 KB
523 KB PNG
I feel as if I ain't been to enough places.
If Britain only uses Ulster as the province in Ireland. But Southern Ireland is divided into counties. Think it's a bit much to fill in each one.
>>
>>2359387
I see no problem with coloring the whole of Uttar Pradesh green if you visit Taj Mahal. That's just how the map works, some subdivisions are larger than others and there's no rules for the amount of travel you have to do within each region. I agree with this guy >>2340603, any visit is a visit.
>Thanks for your reply though, I really appreciate your work!
>>
>>2340734
Shouldn't Montserrat be in red? It's British, not French.
>>
Data mining thread
>>
File: new map.png (565 KB, 4972x2517)
565 KB
565 KB PNG
>>2340855
A work of beauty.

>>2340826
>east coast bad
I can tell you post on /out/
>>
File: my map.png (579 KB, 4972x2517)
579 KB
579 KB PNG
>>2337267
>>
>>2361103
miscolored, green are regions i have visited
>>
>>2360151
Which of your going soons is next? Any particular sights/areas you wanna explore?
>>
>>2361142
Definitely Sierra Leone if I can figure out a way to do it cheaply. But honestly there's a lot of places I want to go back to and explore more; you make those promises to yourself while traveling, like "oh man that mountain range looks cool, I gotta come back some day." I think it's important to follow through with that.
>>
File: world.png (557 KB, 4972x2517)
557 KB
557 KB PNG
>>
File: visited places.png (591 KB, 4972x2517)
591 KB
591 KB PNG
Still have so much of the world to see..... I just give a visit first to some of my european neighbors
>>
trying to plan a trip to lebanon in the next couple of months. is a week enough to see everything worth seeing? what's the party scene like in winter, and how good is public transportation if I want to head out of beirut and see tripoli and tyre? and is there anything to do in the desert?

>>2353296
I'm >>2340382 went to morocco this spring with a friend for 2 weeks. we just landed in tangier and had return tickets from marrakech with no plan in between, hopped around between hostels and took public buses. we initially thought about taking a route by the ocean, seeing rabat and casablanca but instead decided to see chefchaouen and the natural next destination was fez I guess. we then booked a 3 day trip through the desert and ended in marrakech. my friend did a day trip to essaouira but I was too tired from all the rushed travel and just wandered around the city instead. funnily enough he met a girl there and ended up flying back to morocco two more times this year before breaking things off with her so he's basically seen all of the country by now. I can give some recs if you're interested, depending on what you want to do there.
as for iran, I went around 8 years ago. I knew some people there and basically just got driven around - saw tehran, shiraz, esfahan, yazd, went up to the caspian sea to chill for a bit and maybe saw a couple of other places I can vaguely remember. it was pretty cool desu but I heard the situation there is kinda shit now.
what's up with your map? why the specific regions in iran, and how do you plan to get in as an american citizen who's also been to israel? and do you actually have this many trips planned or is it more of a wishlist?
>>
Don't even know which version my map is
>>
>>2362023
Definitely from before this summer (old Kazakh provinces).
>>
>>2361879
Based Spaniard going to the Midwest. Why’d you pick Minnesota and Wisconsin?
>>
>>2362023
You have the old Norwegian counties, so it's from before 2020. You should update it bro.
>>
>>2362131
What the consensus on updating changed places you have been to before they changed?
>>
File: 123.png (544 KB, 4972x2517)
544 KB
544 KB PNG
I still have a lot more traveling to do, but so far this is what I got.
>>
File: 5435345234.png (554 KB, 4972x2517)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
Planning to go back to Japan in 2023 to visit a few prefectures.
>>
>>2361817
Why tf would you live in Alaska
>>
File: travels.png (546 KB, 4972x2517)
546 KB
546 KB PNG
>tfw gotta renew my passport
>tfw 2023 is the most recent I can see new countries
>tfw money and everything expensive
FML
>>
File: autism.png (494 KB, 4972x2517)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
My next trip will be probably about as all over the place as the last so not as much yellow as I'll probably end up with.
>>
>>2362139
No consensus as far as I'm aware, it's never really been discussed in these threads. Just do what you want, the map is supposed to reflect YOUR travels. I know the guy who visited Nagorno-Karabakh before the 2020 war just kept the old version of it on his map because it suited his travel experience better. Me personally, if two subdivisions merge and I've just been to one of them, I'll count the new merged one as "visited". When the Norwegian counties merged, I marked one of the merged ones as blue because I lived there, despite never having even visited the part it merged with.
>>
>>2362139
Up to you, there's no rules. Some people use the map to try to brag but I feel like it's a personal log.
What we see a lot of argument is what people count as "visiting". Setting foot in? Traveling through? Day trip? One night? Full 24 hours? Etc. I never cared for these arguments, it's subjective.
>>
>>2361906
That's brilliant. Do you speak darija or did you pick up any before visiting? Read countless anecdotes about how intense the extortion/harassment can get but that darija seems to make them see you as less of a walking bag of money.
I mostly picked those regions in Iran because I've got some friends on telegram in those areas and they've all offered to host me and show me around. If I ever visit Iran it'll be with my Swedish/EU passport. Even when I visited Israel they never recorded anything in my American passport, just handed me a slip of paper to carry around with me.
Like I said, all of the regions marked in yellow are more places I'd like to visit in the near future. I don't have any set plans right now as I'm just working full time and putting money away. Places like Iraq/Syria/Yemen are just unwise in general to visit right now, though some gigatourists have managed it, usually by bribing border guards and hiring capable guides etc. One of my lifelong best friends lives in Morocco and I'd love to visit her. Northern Sweden is just to fully explore more of my home country. Iceland/Faroe/Orkney/Scotland is because of a fascination with the viking settlement/colonization in these areas and the weather/topography in general.
>>
File: hezbollah.png (155 KB, 500x612)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>>2361906
>trying to plan a trip to lebanon in the next couple of months. is a week enough to see everything worth seeing?
Depends on how you define "worth seeing", and how much time you want to spend in Beirut. The country is tiny, but every single village has some sort of historical sight. If you just do Beirut, Jounieh, Byblos, Tripoli, Baalbek, Sidon and Tyre, a week would be enough.
>what's the party scene like in winter
It was decent when I lived there back in 2016, but I've no idea if it has survived the pandemic, explosion and economic collapse. If it's still there, the areas of Gemmayze and Mar Mikhail had the most soul. I rarely went out to Hamra. Tinder game is good, even my ugly ass managed to get matches there.
>how good is public transportation
Excellent, but unorganized. There's a place in the north of the city for northern destinations and likewise in the south, but I can't remember what they're called. You basically show up and ask for the bus to wherever you want to go. You'll be shown to a minibus which will leave when it's full. Buses for popular destinations leave all the time.
>and is there anything to do in the desert?
Lebanon is famous for being the only Middle Eastern country without a desert.
>>
File: 1664802525222134.png (550 KB, 4972x2517)
550 KB
550 KB PNG
>>2337267
20 yo poorfag here
>>
File: world map.png (599 KB, 4972x2517)
599 KB
599 KB PNG
>>2337267
>>
>>2355719
visa-hopping oligarch liberashka?
>>
File: Nov 27 2022 copy.jpg (3.82 MB, 4972x2517)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB JPG
>>
File: me.png (476 KB, 4972x2517)
476 KB
476 KB PNG
why is HK not zoomed in you incompetent autist

homeland turkey, romania

visited: amsterdam berlin warsaw dubai manama doha manila hong kong

27 year old remote dev
>>
>>2364765
Why should any part of the map be zoomed in?
The map requires both autism to create and autism to fill out correctly.
>>
>>2364769
the spratley island were zoomed in, as if chinese army officers post here, and not HK.
>>
File: 1669653309684305.png (556 KB, 4972x2517)
556 KB
556 KB PNG
>>2364765
>why is HK not zoomed in
Here you go bro
>>
>>2363996
What's the point? You demonstrate the ability to fill out the map correctly, then you go full retard?
>>
File: sdfasdfas.png (825 KB, 4972x2517)
825 KB
825 KB PNG
Can't be bothered to fill in every region of a country with light green. Here's mine. Am I a real traveller yet??
>>
>>2366188
Nice. What did you do in Tanzania? Just curious because I don't know what's up there in the north, and you haven't filled Dar Es Salaam or Zanzibar.
>>
>>2366305
I assume he went to Kilimandjaro
>>
File: Going to Japan.png (568 KB, 4972x2517)
568 KB
568 KB PNG
Going on my first solo international trip. Excited to finally put some green on the right of the map! Would have been in Mongolia summer of 2020 if not for the wu flu.
>>
>>2366188
Not even close
>>
>>2362110
I went there as a middle school student, so not much of a say. Just that my school had some exchange programs and I spent in those places a month with a host family.
>>
>>2366483
Makes sense. Please tell us about Kilimanjaro Tanzania-Anon, I like summiting high mountains and would love to hear about it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.