[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>Burger who went to Japan in 2019, spent most of my time in the osaka and tokyo area

probably had the best time of my life going to different parts of town and taking day trips out to the mountains,temples and shrines during the day and partying at night. one of my favorite parts was interacting with the locals, most people seemed very friendly and it was kind of fun to be a foreign curiosity to some people.
>Rush to buy tickets today because of opening of visa free travel before price goes up
>start doing more research and alot of the bars, stores,restaurants , and even the hotel i stayed in 2019 are closed
>japanese people are all wearing masks outside still, and seem to be more pessimistic and closed off from foreigners
my tickets are for November and im really second guessing myself, Vietnam was my backup and i found a flight to vietnam with a long layover in tokyo so i can still go out and check it out. Anybody have thoughts on traveling to japan this fall? Vietnam seems way more chill, my only turn off is that its still a partial third world shithole but that also seems to be part of the charm.
>TLDR: Is a Japan trip this fall worth it? or will it be a watered down version of the country i went to that will leave a bad taste in my mouth for Japan.
>>
Why don't you avoid Tokyo and Osaka this time and focus on places you haven't visited before?
If you go to places where you have been before and that you know have changed you will set yourself up for disappointment, if you go to new places you won't fall into the trap of comparing it to your great times during your last trip.
>>
>>2331222
I'm in Japan right now. Everything I usually go to seem to be open and you legally do NOT have to wear a mask outside. Most Japanese people are just cucks so they like to wear masks for no reason. Alot of stores do require you to wear a mask though.
>>
>>2331234
I was definetly going to add on definitely going to add on Hiroshima, and spend more time in Kyoto as well as maybe the Gunma and Chiba areas. I kind of wanted to check out hokkaido but its going to be pretty chilly in Nov
>>2331243
ehh kinda ghey how are roppongi and shinjuku?
>>
I don't see any appeal in going to Japan. I just don't. I'm not sure what anyone would even do there. A temple? Yeah, right. They got those everywhere. Walk down that anime street in your silly costume, I guess. Then go cry into your ramen. A party? Good one.
>>
>>2331296
Roppongi and shinjuku in tokyo and Dotenburi in Osaka were probably my best nights out ever. From a tourist perspective clean and efficent public transit makes it easy to get around and the food is generally very high quality for the price. You also get mountains,oceans and cities all in close proximity.
>>
>>2331222
It'd be the best time to go, no foreigners, and shy of winter. The best connections you will make for spring will be now. Also winter sports.

As one autistic schizo to another, this is the time to go sharpen your blade, langauge and friend network so come spring you have a viable friend group, reservations made (remeber this is japan, you need reservations) and actually planned out stuff.

And if you need to head home for a quik min, you can come back before the explosion for spring.

I can go on on, but it's just pre-planning, and I don't want to brag/increase my ticket prices just yet because of 4chan schizos.

Also, in Japan you can book multiple tickets under one person, so when you go together in a group or with a date, you just present yours and it's good for +1, +2 e.g. you do not have to give the second party name. For concerts and such this is key because many people buy one ticket, and can't get their date/partner/friends other. If you have money to roll and don't mind trying to sell it a week before you cancel or change your mind w/ plans - do this. Many concerts are happening :) many hotels and events are happening. :)

etc etc but this is 4chan, so you'll show up last minute banging and going how jp is racist af.
>>
>>2331320
>(remeber this is japan, you need reservations)
What the FUCK does that even meeeeaannn......

> Many concerts are happening :) many hotels and events are happening. :)
knock it off with the weaboo shit, please
>>
>>2331341
Not even weeb shit, you aren't doing golden day w/o reservation, you aren't doing jazz or other concerts w/o reservations - you can probably wing fuji rock fest but anything of consistent value requires a reservation.

Even on the fucking trains, you aren't traveling green car if you don't have a reservation on the weekend or a popular holiday.

Same for christmas cakes and even fucking KFC chicken dinner for christmas, you aren't getting it UNLESS you do a fucking reservation and deposit.

I'm helping you dipshit, not everyone that is a japanophile is into weebshit. Especially w/ JR pass, you can skip and miss your trains cause it's all free but you aren't getting the best experience w/o a fucking reservation.

Even fucking dinner in Ebisu, Ginza, etc requires a reservation if you're doing a fancy place.

I know this is a imageboard, and yeah I was into anime as a kid, but to go back to your comment:
no golden week fun.
no festival funs
no hanami fun
no nothing zip nada wala betsuniiiiii fun w/o a reservation or a ticket.
>>
>>2331320
>no foreigners
Why does this matter? I've never felt like foreigners in Japan were that noticeable except the Chinese holy shit and they're still gone.
>>
>>2331353
Wow, that is quite confounding. What a bunch of silly names to remember, Golden KFC JR blah blah blah. When they hear my thick American accent on the line, asking brashly for a reservation, they will probably hang up. I guess I'm better off with my main plan, drinking outside 7-11 and gawking up schoolgirl skirts.
>>
>>2331320
honestly i never plan on going to japan during goldenweek, its a complete clusterfuck since i will be competing with japanese domestic tourism. prices will be sky high. its basically just like nip spring break right? sure there are some cool festivals and maybe some concerts but that doesnt really appeal to me a whole ton vs what i will have endure.
>>
>>2331354
It means the prettier nip girls will settle for you because no chad is there from /fit/. You have some time to anchor feelings, love and affection - so she won't drop you for /chad/ come spring time when he booked a flight for warm japan.

I know this is an advanced strategy for a travel board, planning and booking ahead, but if you somehow can comprehend it - you'll be rewarded tenfold then just grabbing a plane, ending up at a hub and fucking the first gaijin hunter you see.

If you can turn normal nips into gaijin hunters, you've done good and bad. It's more fun in other countries like Indonesia turning muslim girls to be more open but, you do you anon. I def do.
>>
>>2331320
>It'd be the best time to go
What? Every weeb that has been locked out for the last 2.5 years is going to go in the next few months
>>
File: IMG_1566.jpg (1.46 MB, 2754x2751)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>>2331253
I loved Kyoto and wish I would have went to Hiroshima
>>
>>2331243
I notice that shy guys and girls just wear the mask to hide their face, it's this generation's hood over head
>>
>>2331362
Yeah well borders opened up so completion is 10000x greater. But also easier because I assume most people flooding the borders are autistic weebs. Idk. We’ll see
>>
>>2331222
Hello sir… did you creampie? Thank you sir…
>>
>>2331222
You disgust me.

Idk if it's the fact that you are a dumb burger, or the shitty Superdry hoodie, or the fact that you bought tickets on impulse without even checking what's going on there, the total lack of awareness...
>>
>>2331222
You look like a dweeb.
>>
>>2332659
It’s all of them. I’m ashamed to share a rave with this dude
>>
>>2331222
>posting pic of self visiting tourist trap and making a post worthy of aunt gertrude's facebook feed
Some totally inexperienced people land on 4chan first thing after opening their web browser, how the fuck does that happen?
It's like they don't even discover reddit at all, they jump straight into this place and post the most retarded content ever.

OP, you fucking retard, if you had spent more than 2 minutes on the Internet you'd know that's not how greentext works, that posting pics of yourself on this cesspool is an extremely dumb idea regardless of your gay ass censorship, that you've done basic bitch Instagram travel, and you'd also know that this board has both a stupid questions thread and a Japan general.
>>
kwab

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.