[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: slide-img-fall03.jpg (493 KB, 1400x900)
493 KB
493 KB JPG
>When will Japan open to tourists again?
Next week
>OK, but seriously, when will Japan be open to tourists?
Probably October? They're very close to scrapping restrictions.
https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Japan-to-decide-on-lifting-ban-on-individual-foreign-tourists-by-October

>Japanese news
https://mainichi.jp/english/
>News by gaijin for gaijin
https://japantoday.com/

>How do I travel by public transportation?
Use Google Maps within cities, install the Hyperdia or Jorudan app for intercity travel
>Dude, what should I see in ________?
https://www.wikivoyage.org/
https://www.japan-guide.com/
https://www.jnto.go.jp/
>Solid general guides - sights, sample itineraries, pre-travel considerations, etc
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1fmfaySQHmojbRGKWCwRecq6Ln1Bb2Xdh&ll=35.67928012473078%2C139.68638283648374&z=12

ーCurrent status on the Miyajima Floating Torii Gateー
Under construction. Consequently, it's not worth visiting Miyajima.

ーInfo on Prositutionー
Most brothels in Japan don't allow in foreigners, and the ones that do are notoriously expensive - at least $400USD per hour. If you're mainly interested in cooming go to another country.
Please stop asking questions about this topic without refering to the /trv/ archives under archived.moe, or to one of the websites below before.
>http://rockitrisingsun.com
>https://paradise-tokyo.net
>http://hentaitokyo.com

ーJR Passー
JR Rail Pass is worth it? It depends on your itinerary.
>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥ (approximately a Tokyo-Kyoto round-trip bullet train trip)
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥
Super-easy rail pass calculator. Fill in your planned trips, get a quick yes/no response.
>https://www.japan-guide.com/railpass/
>>2324504
>>
Is the gaijin dream over? Feels like it is
>>
File: 1663712742964.jpg (42 KB, 679x375)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Last thread was good. Let's share our travel plans for the reopening.

Tell us
>where you're going
>how long for
>what you'll do
>>
>>2329433
>>where you're going
I'll be doing Tokyo, Shizuoka, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima. Thinking Sapporo too because of the snow festival.
>>how long for
About 3 and a half weeks from late Jan to late Feb
>>what you'll do
The usual tourist stuff, but I also want to tour some distilleries and breweries. Wanted to bike too, but I think it'll be too cold.
>>
File: 1661249974601.jpg (45 KB, 630x354)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
FIX JAPAN KISHIDA-SAN, FIX JAPAN KISHIDA-SAN, JAPAN IS DYING JAPAN IS DYIN FAAAAAAST KISHIDA-SAN!!!!!!!!!!

どのツラ下げてこんなことを言ってたんだ岸田
>>
>>2329433
I'm heading back in late January/early February for couple weeks. Going to Hokkaido for some snowboarding and the snow festival, Tokyo for a couple days to catch the Yokohama Gundam before they take it down and hopefully the Ghibli museum if I get tickets, maybe a sumo tournament if I get there in time. I'm also going to Osaka for the last week to chill, go to Kobe or some other places and explore.
>>
>>2329444
Good place to snowboard in Hokkaido? Never done it, but I'm interested.
>>
>>2329447
Neither have I, I'm still planning that out.
>>
>>2329433
Build and OOO are the best Kamen Riders. Just wanted to say that
>Blood Stalk is the coldest villain (even more so before he reveals who he really is and changes his look)
>>
>>2329433
I always tell myself I'll get out of Tokyo, but that city really is a black hole of stuff to do.

But I'm looking to take a few days in both Kyoto and Takayama, at the very least.
>>
>>2329416
Do you even need to ask at this point?
>>
I haven't been to Japan since 2019 and I got the itch.

WHEN WILL THEY DROP THE TOUR REQUIREMENT? anyone? Anyone?

Some fags on reddit were saying you can just pay 6000 yen and they'll let you in, but it seems sus

Also I don't want to wait too long, winters there are cold AF so not even worth going. Sheet mayne. Also sorry for the phone posting
>>
>>2329497
You're not going this year.
>>
>>2329503
In a few weeks, when I'm standing over japanese sluts looking down at them with my cum splattered all over their good faces im gonna think back to this post and smile at how cucked doomsisters were
>>
>>2329497
All we know is that they'll possibly be talking about dropping the requirement by October. Nothing is guaranteed so far, but it's good news
>>
>>2329503
Yeah, I'm thinking doomposters are back
>>
We have to wait until Thursday for Kishida to give his NYSE speech apparently. The Doom vs Hope struggle will get to continue for another day.
>>
doomcucks are getting gaped tomorrow.
>>
Two more weeks until border opening announcement.

Stay strong copiumsisters! We're surely get in before the olympics. I mean after summer 2021. I mean before the winter holidays. I mean after sakura. I mean in time for summer 2022. I mean
>>
>>2329552
Aren't the winter olympics in some chink place this year again? How's that going?
>>
>>2329497
>Some fags on reddit were saying you can just pay 6000 yen and they'll let you in, but it seems sus
Is that the new narrative after JGA and their certificates were revealed to be a sham?
>>
>>23293
>Tokyo
>>
>>2329497
So I just show up at the airport with 600 yen?
>>
>>2329562
You mean 7 months ago? Fine I guess
>>
Where can I have newhalf/otokonoko gf in Japan?
>>
What objectively was the best time to visit Japan as a westerner? Bubble '80s, peak PS2 early '00s, late '10s? When western gaijin was tolerated and even a bit venerated? Obviously it's now fucked for a very long time
>>
>>2329634
1852–1854 or 1945
>>
>>2329586
To my knowledge JGA wasn't a scam, a few posters said they got EFRGs (or whatever the fucking acronym is). Then the Chinese site others linked after was 6000yen and supposedly that also works, but it's unclear if immigration will actually accept these "unguided tours"
>>
>>2329629
Tokyo, like everything else.
>>
>>2329433
>where you're going
Tokyo - Oarai - Yamanashi (Kofu?) - Osaka
>how long for
3 weeks minimum, maybe closer to 4. Either early spring or mid autumn. While hitting Oarai around Anko matsuri sounds really tempting, late November somehow feels like it would "too late" to visit
>what you'll do
Strollin, sightseean, animu pilgrimagin, whiskey shoppin, onsen soakin
>>
I find it funny how rimming sabisu is basically free. Why do Japs have such comfort with the anus? It's ingrained into their culture to be a harmless hole.
>>
doomsisters I can’t fucking cope
>>
>>2329703
Gotta love these posts when the newest hopium is that Kishida is going to New York to personally invite us back into the country.
>>
File: wazukyan.jpg (792 KB, 1345x1829)
792 KB
792 KB JPG
I booked the flights.
>>
>>2329393
Anyone has an update regarding the required vaccine shot to enter? Are they gonna let unvaccinated people in?
>>
>>2329649
What’s a good place to meet them? I know club diamond but I want a flat chest newhalf gf who cooks for me when I get home and kisses me when I leave for work.
>>
>>2329780
Prove it
>>
>>2329781
Unvaccinated people are already allowed in. Have been for a while.
>>
>>2329782
kys my man
>>
I hope they never open up. You fucks will ruin this place. It's so calm without Americans here.
>>
anyone been to Kokura? how worth it is it to go
>>
>>2329815
all of us are coming and all of us are going to have a literally unfathomable amount of fun and you can sit in your shitty JET exchange hovel of an apartment and pout out your window, you fucking snob cunt.
>>
>>2329818
please stay home. we honestly don't want you here.
>>
>>2329820
Don’t care, didn’t ask
>>
>>2329820
Not him, but I'm going to come over there and act like a massive nigger for two weeks, making sure to be as obnoxious as possible to the Japs so they start hating foreigners even more.
>>
>>2329820
It's okay, you stay at home and wear your mask when you go to Famima at midnight and we charm the locals with our smiles during the rest of the time.
>>
>>2329820
why do you think we're coming?? don't be fucking naive
>>
>>2329825
Mutt has a very high opinion of himself

>charm with smile

lmao
>>
I moved here 3 weeks ago for work (Tokyo). It seems they are opening up. I am in no way an expert and don't pretend to be one, but let me give you some general, -very- up to date tips from someone who doesn't speak an ounce of Japanese and left his life behind moving here without knowing anyone or anything. I asked the same things last month and got some help, so just returning to favor. If you plan to move here long term:

If you need a place to stay, use the plebbit movingtojapan sticky. It's reliable. I am renting with Fontana, 100% trustworthy and it just works. I didn't want to deal with unfurnished apartment headache.

English situation - public transport, ATMs, setting up a phone contract, healthcare - piss easy, 100% english support. Beware: opening a bank account, registering yourself at the ward office, shopping for food at konbini, utilities - close to no English support. Get help, you will need it.

Racism (speaking from white perspective) - none

Women don't actually throw themselves at your cock. Most people walk with their heads down never looking at you. Nobody cares about you.

Masks everywhere, unfortunately. Even outside in 30C degrees. I don't care if you wear one or not, I am telling you, you won't see anyone's face.

Public transport crowds are very real and not just early morning and 5pm.

I am still friendless, but I am happier here than I was back home.
>>
>>2329818
>literally unfathomable amount of fun
judging from these threads, you'll go see a temple by yourself, be denied from a soapland, then go to an izakaya and get confused why all the girls are not jumping at the chance to talk to you.
unfathomable indeed
>>
>>2329782
Grindr. I met a thicc cute-looking one from there last time I was in Tokyo. She cooked a nice meal for me at her place and we fucked like rabbits.
>>
>>2329830
Pretty much anybody is more charming than a maskcuck, so no need for high self-esteem.
>>
>>2329843
you're why americans are hated everywhere they go
>>
>>2329847
Japan is god-given American clay, so your opinion is invalid.
>>
>>2329393
How dead is Japan in December?
I'm thinking of visiting for the last 3 weeks of the year granted they finally announce opening without the need for a travel agency
>>
>>2329835
there is nothing in these threads that irritate me more than people talking about going there just to pork jp women like they're ever going to talk to any of them anyways. i would just like to look at their fun architecture style and have some neat food and buy some neat things
>>
>>2329859
Christmas is a "holiday" for couples and New Year is a family holiday where many business close down for a couple days.
>>
>>2329872
people who go there for sex tourism will be so disappointed lmfao, jap women won't give a fuck about you being there
>>
>>2329873
thanks anon, that doesn't sound too bad
i didn't get around to hokkaido last time so i really want to do visit there
now i just need kishida to make the announcement
>>
>>2329893
In exchange for busy (love) hotels on Christmas and dead stores during New Year you get illuminations and fukubukuros.
>>
>>2329629
>newhalfposting is back
it's like we're back to 2019
>>
>>2329929
it feels so good to be back (and to be pegged by a newhalf)
>>
>>2329859
I stayed over 年末年始 once since I went to a concert in January and figured I'll just go a week earlier for comiket too
One thing to keep in mind that even the free tourist attractions and some parks also close during that period, and shrines are very busy after, though I personally enjoyed that experience.
>>
>>2329929
Did we ever actually move on from 2019 in the first place?
>>
>>2329433
About 7-10 days in and around Tokyo mid-December if they open up this year

Then 6 weeks from late Feb to early April so I can execute that longer travel plan I hat around the setouchi sea
>>
>>2329882
i never understood why that's such a huge thing about these threads; if nobody is trying to shack up with you where you live, do you really think shipping off across the world to a place where you don't speak the language and there's plenty of better options there already is gonna have you drowning in women?? if nothing else i'm just tired of hearing all the womanposting in these things man i just want to hear about fun spots to see or pretty city photos
>>
>>2329920
>fukubukuros
Hadn't even thought about that. Sweet!!
Thanks anon!

>>2329952
Thanks for the info fren.
I never really bothered much with the free tourist attractions anyways so no worries there.
I did enjoy a shrine visit or two but it's no big deal if i have to skip them this time around.
>>
>>2329847
yeah, being superior in absolutely every regard does have its downsides I guess
>>
Anyone know when Kishida's NYSE speech is?
>>
File: 1663783555913.png (965 KB, 724x1200)
965 KB
965 KB PNG
WrrjavWhat's winter comiket like?
Worth it?
>>
>>2329994
in two weeks
>>
>>2329995
Ignore stroke posting (phone captcha)
>>
>>2329995
Better than the summer one since you won't sweat yourself to death
But this winter's is still held with limitations set by the virus, so only 2 days, advance ticket sales, limited amount of circles, etc.
So not worth adjusting your schedule just to fit it but if you're there anyway just go.
>>
>>2329994
Tomorrow, not sure whether AM or PM Eastern.
>>
>>2329994

Every fucking article I can find on the subject only talks about him talking to the UN (as if anyone gives a shit about that), with the NYSE speech only mentioned as an "oh and also" at the bottom. I'm hopeful, but the lack of media information about it is making me nervous. I'm hearing conflicting information about whether it's today or tomorrow, as some people are saying it'll be given on Thursday according to the time zone in Japan, which would be today.
>>
>>2330005
> but the lack of media information about it is making me nervous
About fucking what? He’s not making an announcement about visa reciprocity at the NYSE.
>>
>>2329995
sex.............
>>
>>2329995
I work outside in Florida.
I've done summer and winter Wonfes.
The winter is significantly more pleasant.
>>
>>2330009
Japanese outlets have reported that the admin is considering the announcement of relaxed border controls at NYSE to spur investment.
>>
>>2330066
>considering
There’s that word again.
>>
>>2329962
The language barrier does make up for a lot of sperging and the rest can be written off as "cultural differences".
Plus many people are more relaxed when they are abroad and the only consequences for spilling your spaghetti is having to take an earlier flight.
>>
>>2330075
There's countries where banging any american is a goal among women there. Whether Japan is one of those countries, idk. I think it might have been at one point. Now? I think most Japanese aren't even interested in sex anymore, from anyone.
>>
File: 1549790775481.jpg (20 KB, 540x540)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>2329962
I unironically moved to Japan for a woman and couldn't speak Japanese at the time
We're divorced now
I miss her
>>
>>2330082
Having sex with Americans isn't a goal anywhere in the world, in some poorer countries sex will be used as an escape vehicle in the form of a green card by marriage.
>>
>>2330090
sounds like /r/japanlife
>>
>>2330125
Kinda except I'm not a white supremicist who loves fags and trannigers
>>
>>2329792
Source?
>>
>>2330143
>ERRmm SOURce??
use google ffs
>>
>>2330143
Do you have a source for there ever being a vaccine mandate? Why would you need a source for there not being one?
>>
love it when sourcefags get btfod
>>
File: wikivoyage.png (1.36 MB, 1880x918)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
Is WikiVoyage a good resource for finding good Japanese places to visit?
>>
>>2330009
That would be the number one place to give the announcement. Tourism is an economic issue and Japan desperately needs dollars.
>>
>>2330195
I cannot wait to come here and laugh at you tomorrow.
>>
>>2329824
This will be both beneficial and destructive but I support it 100%
>>
>>2329995
summer comiket is sweat/bo lots of it and long lines
>>
>>2330143
>>2330152
>>2330155
It's literally posted on the MOFA website. You need a negative PCR OR 3x vax to avoid quarantine if you're from an eligible country.

>>2329638
It's not a scam, worked just fine for me
>>
>weabs get in
>fuck off bugmen with your masks
>n-nani? masaka? I'm getting kicked out?
>>
File: broken-image.jpg (2 KB, 300x171)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>2330082
>There's countries where banging any american is a goal among women there
>>
File: latest.png (65 KB, 247x359)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>2330243
Fuck you, moot, you ruined my funny post.
>>
>>2330237

lol what an absolutely cucked country.
>>
>>2330082
Japanese love sex
Just not with fatties (Americans)
>>
>>2330237
Told you, Americans not welcome. Seethe with your ''freedoms''. Guess you're not charming them with your smile lmao
>>
>>2330235
If by "it worked for me" means they emailed you something then it's still too early to get your hopes up. What are you gonna say when immigration asks you for any info on your tour? Then finds out you just used some loophole site?
>>
>>2329799
Get over it chud they are valid good girls
>>2329841
Based
>>
>>2330258
Stop embarrassing the rest of the world by pretending we all like masks you basic cuck.
>>
File: 1640484633026.jpg (563 KB, 1504x2048)
563 KB
563 KB JPG
How do I as a foreigner get a debit card in Japan?
What are the steps I need to take.

I attached a picture of a Japanese female human being, in hopes that more eyes will see my post.
>>
What does newhalf mean?
>>
>>2330314
Residence card, passport, lease contract, bills from the past 3 months, employment certificate/proof of income/source of funds/some proof that you're a student in x university.
Basically bring everything which says "I'm a good boy, I have a lot of money, I'm not gonna leave the country, I'm not a risk for your bank"
>>
>>2330319
And there is no "card for retards" that I can get without needing all of that?
So the easiest way would be to study for 6 months, is that correct? Since it needs to be over 3 months.
Can I not apply for the bank/debit as soon as I get my residence card?
I heard there is one company that gives you the card the day you walk in their store and pass the application, but you need to have a bank first.
I know I need to get a 12month visa if I want to work, but I do not need to work, I just need a debit card.

Lastly, do you think it's worth it to study language 6-12months for 2-3 hours every day just to get an excuse to experience Japan? Thank you, anon
>>
>>2330321
If you're only going to be there for a year, why not just bring a credit card from your country?
>>
>>2330314
>>2330319
>>2330321
Also, what about the pre-paid cards that I can top-up at train stations, etc. Aren't they basically debit cards, except less complex?

>>2330322
I want to go to concerts on a (bi-)weekly basis, it's one of my main reasons for going, and to order tickets on PIA you need a Japanese issues card or else your order will get cancelled. You also need a Japanese phone number, but my understanding is that I can probably get one of those tourist SIM cards.
>>
>>2330321
Why not get something like a Revolut, Transferwise, Charles Schwab or whatever card from your home country?
>>
>>2330318
old japanese term for shemale/tranny
>>
>>2330321
>Lastly, do you think it's worth it to study language 6-12months for 2-3 hours every day just to get an excuse to experience Japan? Thank you, anon
Well, do you want to learn Japanese?
It's a hard language to keep studying but after you have passed the intermediate plateau it will pay off.
>>
File: j.jpg (91 KB, 823x404)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>2330321
Long story short, nope.
Not gonna happen. There are no "cards for retards", in fact, all laws and regulations point towards "don't associate your bank with retards" due to anti money laundering laws.
Even if you had all those documents and you were somehow named Mohammad, you could still raise some eyebrows and either get rejected or your application may take longer.

>>2330325
Yes and no, Not all establishments accept it. It's perfectly fine for transport and convenience stores but don't expect to go on Balenciaga thinking they'll take your IC card.
>>
>>2330319
>3 months
I think it's 6 months.
I got a bank account with SMBC and all they wanted was that 6 months, ID, and nothing else.
It's not a credit card, it's just a debt card
>>
>>2330318
Japanese chick with a dick
>>
>>2330321
I would highly suggest to study Japanese for 2 years if you can afford it
>>
>>2330328
I definitely do at some point, but at the same time I'm a slow learner and I have a hard time learning things when I'm feeling stressed. So it would have to be a chill class for people who don't wanna study 5 hours per day. It's basically whatever it takes to get a card I can use. I didn't want to commit to a ton of years without having spent a few weeks in Japan.

>>2330329
I'm a white guy with some spare cash that I've earned from crypto, I don't have a job or steady income. So I couldn't get a credit card, but I was hoping for debit.
Do you think a pre-paid card like that would work for event sites, like PIA? (https://t.pia.jp/)
>>
>>2330325
Does PIA have the cash option where you can take your confirmation number and put cash in a kiosk at a convenience store within a week?
>>
>>2330326
Why do people care so much about these things anyway? My bank hasn't even been in my city for 10 years. What's it matter who gave you the card so long as it's mainstream enough to be used internationally? If you need a check you can get them mailed. ATMs let you deposit and withdraw.
>>
>>2330336
No, only Rakuten Tickets have that. For PIA you need to log-in and verify at every step with a Japanese phone number and use a Japanese issued card.
>>
>>2330335
>So it would have to be a chill class for people who don't wanna study 5 hours per day
Uhmmmm, anon
I just finished at language school and we would study 3 hours every weekday.
13:20 to 16:40 (20 mins break), then you were expected to do revision and kanji at home

Don't expect to get a study visa if you're not willing to treat it like a job
>>
>>2330338
It's nice to be able to pay my rent with a local bank transfer online rather than using that god awful ATM payment system they have
>>
>>2330338
I've got a normal MasterCard and VISA that works all over the world, but PIA only accept cards issued in Japan. I don't know why they do that, it sucks. I guess they want to keep foreigners out.

>>2330341
Damn, but you're studying to go to uni in Japan and shit, right? I know there are different levels. it would have to be beginner/low pressure course for me.
>>
>>2330345
It's 3 hours a day but it's not hard by any means.
As long as you're present in class 80% of the time you won't get kicked out.
I didn't even do 99% of the exams because I don't give a shit about N levels, I only care about being able to speak to people
>>
>>2330345
Language schools have certain obligations when they sponsor a student visa and some of them are keeping attendance and regular tests.
However it is extremely hard to fail out of a language school visa if you show up every day and stay awake during class.
>>
>>2330346
But 3 hours is intermediate level, right? I've seen courses that are 2 hours per day. I would mostly be interested in understanding, since I'm interested in Japanese variety and music, but I guess I wouldn't exactly get to choose what to study and speaking would be part of it.

>>2330348
So no punishment for stupid students? Studying would still be a last resort if pre-paid cards don't work. Since I've got social anxiety and ideally wouldn't want to socialize in an adult class.
>>
>>2330349
No it's 3 hours regardless of if you're a beginner or close to fluent at my school
>>
>>2329433
>>where you're going
Tokyo, a night in Myoko, Kanazawa, Kyoto, and Hiroshima
>>how long for
3 weeks
>>what you'll do
Visiting with my mom and brother. It'll be her first time in Japan, and my brother's second. My fourth. Going to hit up the remaining Teamlabs exhibition, do some hiking (probably Tsukuba, Hakone, and possibly Myoko), visit some of my favorite places from my previous trips like Kurobe Gorge, Hikone castle, Togakushi shrine and Miyajima. Going to also try and do some new things (for me) as well like hiking around Myoko and Okutama, see Kamakura and Hakone, and also finally do Arashiyama, Kibune, and Kurama in Tokyo. Also going to try and actually get a reservation for a tasting at the Kyoto Yamazaki distillery, since that's the only one I'll be near. I went to Nikka's Miyagiko distillery on my first trip, it was almost empty so no res needed, and I wasn't prepared for the difference at the Yamazaki distillery.
>>
>>2330349
>So no punishment for stupid students? Studying would still be a last resort if pre-paid cards don't work. Since I've got social anxiety and ideally wouldn't want to socialize in an adult class.
They won't force you to socialise (much) but you will absolutely need to participate in class
i.e. read lines or answer questions, do an introduction at semester start, etc
>>
>>2330351
>>2330354
Did you go to a class for teenagers/young adult or adults (30+)? I'm assuming the vibe in the adult class would be a bit different. No presentations in front of the class, I hope.
>>
>>2330357
My classes had people between the ages of 15 and 60+
Yes, there was a few presentations but they were all very short (1 to 2 minutes)
Because the classes were small and friendly it's not so nerve wracking; I have a fear of public speaking too
>>
>>2330357
Maybe you should use class as an opportunity to leave your comfort zone?
>>
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/e3d44f5c433efbb804e9c9db4560e9e72857a677

>Prime Minister Kishida, who is visiting New York in the United States, announced that from next month onwards, border measures will be further relaxed. Prime Minister Kishida said, "Starting this month, it is no longer necessary to obtain a negative certificate, but from next month onwards, we will further relax border measures." He said that from next month onwards, he announced his intention to further relax the border measures. The government is currently making adjustments to remove the upper limit on the number of people entering the country, allow individual travel, and exempt visas for short-term stays, and it is expected that these will be implemented from next month.
>>
>>2330358
>>2330361
Appreciate you, anons. I think the biggest fear is not having anywhere to escape to if I start to feel uncomfortable in the classes.
>>
File: 1657278776320.jpg (123 KB, 774x811)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>2330367
Well as the representative of doom posters, it has been a fun time, fun posting, great seething and coping.

But now it's time we all can celebrate by visiting japan together, arigato gozimass everyone, omedetu!
>>
>>2330367
>円安を背景に外国人観光客をさらに呼び込みたい考えです。
Seems they're lusting for BFC - Big Foreign Currency.
>>
File: big boss and kaz.jpg (68 KB, 1210x610)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
it's over bros
we are back
>>
>>2330367

Saw this earlier and purchased flights for me and my wife in November. In total, with all fees and everything, it added up to nearly three grand, coming from the east coast US.

I had allocated five grand for this trip in total, but it looks like I'll be allocating more at this rate. On one hand, I want to celebrate that FUCK YES I GET TO GO TO JAPAN AGAIN FINALLY, but on the other hand, the stress of spending so much Goddamn money just to get there is terrifying me.
>>
>>2330392
the only upside is the yen is still likely to be weak when you get there, so your dollar'll stretch pretty far.
>>
>>2330392
How did it total up to so much money? tickets $1.6k for both of you? where does the rest of the money go?
>>
>>2330402
Anon is either flying first class or he just got scammed kek
>>
>>2330402
>>2330403

I'm flying economy. Getting it to under $3k was rough. All the major airlines (Delta, United, American, even Japan airlines) wanted over $4k.
>>
>>2330402
>>2330403
>>2330406
Yeah, tickets from the US look to be going from $1.5-1.8K for economy class for the next few months.
>>
>>2330367
Already planning a trip from Nov. 28 to Dec. 14!
>>
Man this is such bullshit
What does after next month even mean?
Like November? November 1st? Is that what they mean?
Why are they wasting a month? It's gonna be cold as shit
>>
File: 1496692233970.jpg (10 KB, 288x232)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>2330367
>already booked my tickets last week for early November
Let's get this show on the road
>>
>>2330456
It means you can go after you've been "fully" vaccinated.
>>
>>2330456
>Cold as shit
Nigger it's almost next month and it's only 20C
You'll be fine
Tokyo doesn't get *that* cold.
I remember walking around in a t-shirt in January
>>
>>2330458
I'm in Asia right now and I'm "fully basado" but I don't want to go home for a month just to fly back out here. I mean yeah, I could fuck another 30 whores but I need an actual rest I think.
>>
I will find someone with monkeypox and spread it everywhere.
I will go to every station and wipe my blood on all escalator handrails.

Japan will remain closed.
>>
>>2330461
BASED DOOMPOSTER
DO EEEET
>>
>>2330237
ahahahaha the seething "I WILL NOT WEAR A MASK" anons absolutely
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
L
O
W
N

T
H
E

F
U
C
K

O
U
T
>>
>>2330367
>"next month"
oh no no no no

remember the last time he said that? he was also abroad and trying to appease the expectations of western nations
>>
File: 1663826969762.jpg (167 KB, 700x526)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
Was hoping for December. Guess I'm holding off on booking tickets again until some real solid details are announced. Fucking wishi washi nips.
Just fucking tell us what's planned and when.
>>
>>2330486
Just do it, no point being stressed out. I booked mine for December last week and I don't feel the need to worry anymore and if it isn't open by then I can just reschedule
>>
File: 1660202637476.jpg (415 KB, 884x854)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>>2330486
Same, anon, same.
I'll wait a while and see what happens cause I've been betrayed too many times.
As always I am cautiosly optimist.
>>
>>2330484
doombros we CANNOT stop winning
>>
File: 1663828253581.jpg (83 KB, 640x476)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
KISHIDA SANNNNNNNNN!!!!!
>>
I thought they already opened their shit up 2 weeks ago. why are people here in taters?
>>
>>2330327
What's the new one?
>>
>>2329834
> shopping for food at konbini, utilities - close to no English support. Get help, you will need it.

English help for shopping at a convenience store where the clerks follow a set script and you never need to talk with them? Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>2330458
You will never be fully vaccinated.
>>
Which simcard provider should I go with at Narita? Going to stay around 30 days in a few months so I'm writing this shit up right now
>>
What's the deal with those family rooms at onsens? Can me and my girlfriend go or is it only for people with kids?
>>
Reminder that I will not stop doomposting until the first gaijin steps foot in the country without a visa.
>>
>>2330552
They're just private. No restrictions on ages or number of customers.
>>
Just got back from a brothel in Osaka. I think I'm not going back to a cis female brothel again after this. I give it many tries but new half brothel in Japan is so much better. The new half brothel in Japan has cuter girls and you can actually fuck them in the ass compared to cis female brothel where fucking them is not allowed because it's illegal (Some weird law that makes male prostitution legal and female prostitution illegal). Much better bang for the buck to go to new half brothels.
>>
>>2330566
kys
>>
>>2330566
Based, did she stay hard or cum though?
>>
>>2329634
>peak PS2 early '00s
consuming Japanese culture from this period as a deranged teenage autist is the main driving factor behind me wanting to move there lol
>Dreamcast games
>early 2000s Japanese kino like Ichi the Killer, Battle Royal, Dark Water, Ju On
>based J-rock (Dir en grey, Number Girl)
>Un Owen Was Her/Ronald McDonald Insanity
I will never get to experience this again...
>>
>>2329634
well if you're there for girls, only a decade or so ago did they start taking teaching English in school seriously
>>
>>2330574
>wanting them to speak English, ruining the immersion
>>
>>2330574
So it's the 10-14 year olds to go after?
>>
>>2330572
What? For the new half girls?I'm not a fag so I specifically go for the castrated ones so they don't get hard or have male orgasm.
>>
File: 1551344707493.jpg (153 KB, 462x435)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>2330587
>I'm not a fag
>>
>>2330587
don't you want them to leak some tho
>>
>>2330367
I hate how they cannot be exact with their announcements.
>来月以降、水際対策をさらに緩和をいたします
>from next month onwards, we will further relax border measures
This could mean literally anything from full opening to just raising the limits, as a chronic hopefag I have been burned many times by being hopeful after similar statements.
I hope that this resolves by December however, I would like to go for a week or two this year since I still have some paid days off left.
>>
As someone who was a foreign exchange student to Japan 15 years ago but hasn't had any practice with the language since due to living in the Midwest, is there a good crash course/refresher for Japanese that I could do to brush up on my language skills over the next month and a half?
>>
>>2330152
I did but the results I got wasnt really conclusive for me

>>2330155
I thought I heard news as far back last year I think that countries will be requiring vaccination of people want to travel, I think Japan is included. This was back when booster shots were introduced I think

So the negative pcr is done when you land in japan right?
>>
>>2330606
Yes, inwards implies that there will be more restrictions lifted after October. Which means we have no idea which restrictions will be lifted in October.
>>
>>2330612
>So the negative pcr is done when you land in japan right?

The are a hundred news stories from the past month detailing the policy. You have to take a test no more than 72 hours before your flight.
>>
File: 1663849723329.jpg (17 KB, 352x264)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Considering weather, public holidays, store closures, ticket raffles, uncertainty of even getting a ticket (comiket)... Am I better off going to AnimeJapan in March?
Better weather, bloom, no public holidays, store closures, guaranteed ticket. I'd like to shop for doujin during comiket but I can just pick them up in akiba and not have to deal with all the bullshit, seems like a no brainer?
>>
>>2330606
tbf, it's not an official announcement. it's an offhand comment kishida made to some reporters. i'd actual details in the coming days.
>>
>>2330639
two more weeks
>>
Landed in japan today, good thing i was tired as fuck.
It's my 3rd time to tokyo and visited most of the town, i need to find something to do when i'm not visiting sharehouses
>>
https://twitter.com/UN_NERV/status/1572952499145015296?s=20&t=4Ec9Ro5btiOUDDwJZpLk6g

WE BACK BOYS

Looks lke October 11th the borders are going down.
>>
>>2330608
I would revisit your basics and then book some Italki lessons something like that. They are pretty good for directing study/just getting back in the conversation groove.
>>
>>2330667

Daddy?..

Fuck... Fuck, Daddy... Fuck, Daddyyyyyy... I might just hop around shithole Asia some more to be first in line. DADDY!
>>
>>2330667
https://twitter.com/japantimes/status/1572962383252934656?s=20&t=4Ec9Ro5btiOUDDwJZpLk6g

More reputable source if you need one
>>
>>2330667
Look at those reactions, they finally want to go back to normal as well.
> ついでにマスクも…
>>
>>2330691
>relocating 1st of October
>hoping I could experience what the country is like without tourists
>instead it's going to 10x worse than usual with all the weabs flooding in after 3 years of being cucked
God fucking damn fuck shit cunt.
>>
>Japan weighs plan for ban on hotel guests without masks: report
>Japan to ask foreign guests to wear face masks at Abe state funeral
>Japan holds 1st tourism expo in 2 years to aid virus-hit industry
>Japan intervenes in currency market buying yen for dollars for first time since 1998
All of these today. What a circus of a country, kek.
>>
>>2330698
COPE COPE COPE
>>
>>2330698
>>2330698
You have a point if you are going to like Kyoto, if your relocating to Tokyo I really can't sympathize.

>>2330702
I believe Kishida has been forced to do this because of the Yen dying, so thank the Fed again for pumping the dollar for the return of tourism. Dog bless America
>>
>>2330691
LFG!! booking my trip for may
>>
WE FUCKING MADE IT
>>
>>2330667
holy shit I want doomniggers to kill themselves NOW. Absolutely cumpstered and dumpstered
>hurr you won't go till 2030
>hurr this announcement will be a nothingburger
>hurr you're gonna need the jab to get in
>hurr nothing will be the same anyways
Those dumb niggers are here
>hurr even if it's the same the people still won't trust you
>hurr even if they trust you everyone will scared for the next coof
>hurr muh great reset will one day happen, muh zog really will one day control us as cattle class hurr
>>
File: 1.jpg (26 KB, 865x123)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>2330704
>>2330703
I wish I was fucking kidding.
I have 30 days before I start working so I was hoping to go all over the country during autumn and enjoy the nice weather minus the crowds.
>if your relocating to Tokyo I really can't sympathize.
I'm allowed to work remotely within Japan for tax reasons, but I'm planning to live within Tokyo for the first 2 years.
>>
>Japanese people still wearing masks everywhere
>public events still cancelled or restricted like crazy
they're going to have a giant fucking awakening when thousands of maskless fat gaijin start waddling through Tokyo next month, lmao
>>
>>2330712
It’s the wake up call they need
>>
>>2330709
all that will happen now is that doomposters will also get tickets to Japan and enjoy it at the same time as you.

meanwhile you've been seething for 2 years, while they have been chilling and shazamposting
>>
>>2330266
They don't ask you for shit. They don't care. It's not their job. That's the consilate's job. I entered 2 weeks ago with a JGA ERFS. Everything was fine, sailed through customs in 20 minutes. It took me longer to walk to the counter than it did for them to stamp my passport.

None of this matters anymore anyway since Kishida just announced resumption of visa free travel from October 11th.
>>
>>2330712
I think this is in part a way to jolt some of the more hardcore maskfags in Japan to cut it out. I forget the particular word but outsourcing this kind of 'shock' awakening thing to foreigners to avoid making Japanese people do it is extremely routine (I believe a prefectural government who wanted to have movement on whale hunting, ie close it down because it was costing a fuckton of money, put out extremely provocative statement internationally in order to have backlash in order to justify shutting it down for example).
>>
>>2330712
Well, as I've said many times, hordes of maskless Gaijins are literally the only way masks will disappear from Japan.
>>
File: 1404386222250.jpg (24 KB, 347x343)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>2330712
>>2330713
>>2330721
white people have been parading around Tokyo unmasked for months, 95% of the time when you see an unmasked person it's a foreigner. hasn't changed shit in the attitude of the Japanese people
>>
>>2330618
Yes but is that when I get through passport control, when the plane departs, or when I land in Japan? The guidelines are unclear
>>
>>2330729
No it’s not. It’s within 72 hours of the plane departing.
>>
>>2329954
Looks like I can do this then, neat
Though I wonder if I should book now or in a few weeks, supply for flights/accommodation should be increasing as companies react to this news, but so will demand.
>>
>>2330732
stop spoonfeeding actual retards.
>>
Oh wait hold on uhhh nonono I'm not doing a pcr test uhh nonono I'm coming in October 11 and that's it
>>
>>2330725
First, your 95% estimate is absolute bullshit. You will definitely see much more unmasked Japs, no matter how higher the percentage of people not wearing a mask may be among foreigners in Japan. Second, there isn't a sizable amount of foreigners in Japan right now to make a difference, and the ones who currently are in Japan live here and are much more likely to adhere to the Japanese social rules, unlike clueless, rude and actually BASED Gaijin tourists.
>>
STAY OUT STAY OUT
>>
>>2330749
I am in your walls currently, unmasked
>>
>>2330749
I live in Ibaraki, so no foreigners are coming here. I'll be fine :-)
>>
File: Awesome.jpg (25 KB, 181x233)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>2330749

NO

I'M GONNA GO TO JAPAN AND FUCK MY WIFE IN EVERY HOTEL WE STAY AT AND HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME
>>
why stress over a covid test or something, just get vaccinated lole
>>
how do covid stuff looks in Japan?
like how exactly does their stuff look, can you just forge the piece of paper or does it have backend verification
or simpler, how long does a negative test result last
>>
>>2330753
You will never be fully vaccinated.
>>
>>2330758
how is that a problem for me?
>>
I just booked my plane tickets for late Jan-mid Feb. Was planning on staying in Sapporo for 2 nights during the snow festival & to make my way South afterwards. Are hotels in Hokkaido outside of Sapporo likely to have high enough demand during the winter season where I need to worry about booking my hotels now?
>>
File: 1658322254163.jpg (249 KB, 1230x792)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>2330667
>>2330691
Is finally happening?
I almost can't believe it, like I wanted it so much and I can't feel hype at all just some relief.
Booking for 1st november if it's for real, flights prices are same as 2019 +100 EUR~
I have so much money to waste on weeb shit and good sushi.
>>2330721
>>2330718
Good, sometime external influences are bad, other times they can be good. Giving a reality check to the Elevens about their extreme conformism is good.
>>
Holy fuck the text guides about the JR pass are useless. Do they or do they not cover local trains like the Midosuji line in Osaka?
>>
>>2330767
https://jprail.com/travel-informations/tips-for-japan-rail-pass/how-to-use-japan-rail-pass-in-downtown-osaka.html
JR rail lines are covered so you need to see who the operator is. The Midosuji line is not.
>>
>>2330721
You honestly think they won't recoil from disgust seeing all those gaijins like that? They will all regret opening up to foreigners who aren't considerate of their ways.
>>
>>2330755
yes please use a fake one
the sooner they ban all americans, the better
>>
>>2330773
Sure but then some of the Japs will realize that Americans have survived the past two and a half years without masks, and begin to question if they are necessary.
>>
File: 1645797702687.gif (320 KB, 769x765)
320 KB
320 KB GIF
>>2330776
>Sure but then some of the Japs will realize that Americans have survived the past two and a half years without masks, and begin to question if they are necessary.
>>
>>2330767
Jr passes are used on jr owned lines only. Midosuji line is a private subway line.
>>
it's 2022 and people are still ass pained over masks, kek

actual fuckin snowflakes lol
>>
Someone clarify something for me please, was the only thing that changed relating to Japan immigration is that I no longer need to buy an EFRG and an evisa registration online? For reference I'm American
>>
>>2330782
Imagine being this guy. Just imagine it.
>>
>>2330790
the guy who pisses and shits himself whenever he has to wear a mask?
yeah i don't wanna imagine being that
>>
File: 1648027247830.png (128 KB, 600x562)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>2330782
>it's 2022 and people are still ass pained over masks, kek
>actual fuckin snowflakes lol
>>
>>2330776
I'm glad we've been living with no restrictions where I'm from for a long time, but I seriously seriously doubt what you're saying will happen.
The only way they will go back to the level of mask wearing they had pre covid is if the government starts telling it to them.
If they listened to or were in any way affected by foreigners in the way you describe, then their borders would have been open ages ago already.
>>
I'm gonna wear a mask because I don't wanna smell all the dirty americans when visiting Japan.
>>
>>2330774
I have traveled with fake covid documents (more convenient) to about a half a dozen countries, nobody gives a fuck.
>>
literally who cares about Japs wearing masks? how does that affect you? afraid to stand out you beta? you're already white or some form of brown, moron
>>
>>2330800
Good, nobody is keeping you from wearing one, two or three masks, just don't sperg out about normies wearing zero masks.
>>
>>2330801
based, now answer how to pull it off
I can't even find an example photo of the documents on image search
>>
>>2330804
Just go to your local vaccination site. They give you one for free
>>
File: 1620228946593.png (69 KB, 640x730)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>2330803
>Good, nobody is keeping you from wearing one, two or three masks, just don't sperg out about normies wearing zero masks.
>>
>>2330802
Japs are drafting emergency legislation that effectively makes masks mandatory in hotels.
>>
>>2330810
Won't be wearing one anyways XD
>>
>>2330810
And how will that affect the average non-wearer?
You'll have some busybody silently shouting excuse me prease every time you pass the reception?
>>
I'M GONNA CHIMP OUT IN JAPAN

I'M GONNA ACT LIKE A HUGE FAGGOT AND PISS OFF ALL THE LOCALS SO THEY START HATING GAIJIN EVEN MORE
>>
>>2330804
>get the documents from somebody else
>modify the PDF to suit your needs
>print modified document
Obviously this only works outside the respective territories, luckily there are countless incompatible systems with and without QR codes.
>>
>>2330811
Based, once I'm there and asked to wear a mask I will act like I have never seen one in my life, while loudly exclaiming "wow very strange!" "so japanese!" and struggle figuring out how to use it.
>>
Any recommendation for apartment renting for about a month in Tokyo?
This one https://www.sakura-house.com/ seems like the one for me though, I have not used it before and I was wondering if there are other recommended sites.
>>
I'm gonna cause a fucking scene, a national embarrassment when they ask me to wear a mask. I'm gonna coom so much
>>
>>2330826
Cum all over the mask and force the nearest qt policewoman to wear it!
>>
File: 1661694140371624.jpg (360 KB, 750x464)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
WE FUCKIN WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/japantimes/status/1572962383252934656
>>
Honestly I don't care if the Americans come, there were never that many of them pre-coof.

But the SEA chinkoid scum is going to come en masse now, and that is not fucking fun for anyone involved.
>>
>>2330749
>STAY OUT STAY OUT
Calm down, bro, I'll buy you a drink while I'm there. I'm knockout good-looking, so whatever women I don't take home I'll tell them you're the next best thing.
You're welcome.
>>
I know that the trains in Tokyo & Osaka stop running around midnight. Does that hold true for basically every city or do some shut down earlier?
>>
>>2330828
Doomsisters... Did we just lose?
>>
>>2330864
they'll still have to wear masks outside
the plan is moving ahead accordingly
>>
>>2330828
>Visa free
>No entry cap
Yup, it's over for the doomsissies. But I won't go until next year either way so.. ye
>>
File: IMG_20220725_173803.jpg (4.73 MB, 4000x3000)
4.73 MB
4.73 MB JPG
>japan is reopening properly
sweet, went on holiday in europe this year since i didnt wanna stay stuck at home for another year
did manage to get some arcade time in (pic rel) but gonna be nice being back in japan again
>>
>>2330878
Same except I went to visit friends in the US
But I still should have 6 paid days off left over this year... I guess might as well go to Tokyo for a week in November
>>
>>2330882
yeah i only have 3 days left so i'm gonna go next year i think, maybe for sakura season if flights arent super expensive
>>
>>2330865
Doomcuckolds are in utter shambles. My cock will be gliding through Japanese pussies and ejaculated all over their gook faces in a matter of weeks while you stew in depression in your shit hovel
>>
>>2330878
Based Arcadebro

I still have PTO left this year so I'm gonna go for two weeks soon to hit up those sweet Nip Arcades again
>>
Fucking finally.
I'll go back in january if the airfares are not crazy. I miss this goddamn country.
>>
>>2330828
>flights are double price
>masking still "mandatory"
>locals still hate and fear you
>likely rolled back in a few months after political pressure from old farts
They probably only did this because they wanted to avoid Germany challenging them on the visa reciprocity which they threatened to do in October.
>>
I'm thinking about going for a month and WFH the whole time, this november-december.
So far I've spent several weeks in Tokyo and Kyoto, but have barely stayed anywhere else. Would it be worth staying somewhere like Nagasaki for a month? Or would I exhaust my options pretty quickly.
>>
>>2330895
yu sound desperate
brb booking my flight
>>
>>2330895
>he didn't book early in anticipation of border reopening

Doomcucks btfo.
>>
File: Oh fuck what happened.jpg (29 KB, 512x384)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
I'm trying to plan an itinerary for a 10-day trip in early December, and it's tougher than I thought. It's so difficult to imagine how many different things I'll want to do in a given day.

>Flying into/out of Tokyo because it's cheaper, but want to spend most of my time in Osaka
>If I get a 7-day JR Pass on the 3rd day, I can use it to take the Shinkansen to Osaka, travel on any of the JR lines in that city, and travel back all the way to the airport
>Day 1: Arriving around 6, probably won't do much but try to get to the hotel (which I still haven't decided on), find a nearby place to eat, and then sleep
>Day 2: All day in Tokyo. Could probably spend a lot of time in Asakusa and check out Sensouji, but I don't think that would fill a whole day, but how much time left over would I have? Maybe I should check out Tokyo Tower or Skytree?
>Day 3: To Osaka! And then spend the following several days going to random stuff on my list in any order I want, such as Osaka Castle, Umeda, Osaka Aquarium, maybe check out some temples, maybe USJ
>Day ???: Head back to Tokyo and fill the remaining days going to random stuff on my list in any order I want, such as Akihabara, Meiji Shrine, Shibuya/Harajuku, Shinjuku, maybe the Ghibli Museum
>Day 10: Maybe do some more stuff in the morning/early after noon, then fly home

I'm fine not having a strict itinerary, I'm sure we'll be able to find great places to eat and sites to see just by being there and seeing what's nearby, but I figure I should make hotel reservations now instead of later. But I don't know how many days to allocate to Osaka vs. Tokyo, and I feel like I should have a better plan for Day 2, and so on. My wife is leaving the itinerary to me, and I'm terrified of possibly being in a situation where we don't know where we should go and thus get bored/waste valuable time.
>>
From pixels in pussies to masks in faces, these people are just clinically braindead.
>>
I am coming. First time in Japan. I have freedom from mid October to end of Feb. I'd probably go visit some areas in SEA too. Can someone tell me

>best time to go for good weather in my timeframe
>airbnb or hotel
>how easy is it to coom and where do I go to find girls dtf
> best things to do in tokyo and is it worth venturing out past tokyo
>how long to stay to feel like i experienced everything

thanks frens, see you there
>>
I'm real happy for you hopium sisters, and I thank you for rushing out to beta test. I will return to Japan when they actually lift covid restrictions.
>>
>>2330895
i paid 500 for my return flights because i wasn't a pussy and prebooked changeable flights lmao
>>
File: 1650380944049.gif (2.1 MB, 498x277)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB GIF
We did it bros
>>
File: LarryHagman.jpg (37 KB, 580x350)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>soonmahen, lil' missy
>honma ni yokatta
>>
>>2330921

>Make a list of the things you definitely want to see
>Make a list of optional things around that location

If you're done earlier than you think, you can just walk to any of the optional things you have written down. You could also just take out google maps on the spot and just see what things are close by.

In regard to time allocation: How much do you have on your must see list for Tokyo vs Osaka? Book days accordingly.

Remember, you can always come back for a second trip in the future.
>>
>>2330921
Plans are useless, but planning is indispensable. As >>2330935 said, it's all about knowing what your options are in any given area and adjusting on the fly depending on how much time/energy you have on that day. I put a fair bit of effort into planning out my trips, knowing fully well that I won't stick to said plan at all.
>>
Fucking finally
>>
What category should I be looking in for "hotel with a real bathroom"? Business hotels?
>>
>>2330935
>>2330960

I was familiar with most of that, hence the looseness of "going to random stuff on my list in any order I want" as opposed to a strict day-by-day schedule. I just felt like that first day in Tokyo deserved a plan.

You're definitely right with the rest of it. I was trying to come up with a list of just the things I really wanted to do. Instead of that, simply coming up with just a TON of things that might be interesting and prioritizing the important ones, is a much smarter way to go about it. It leaves the most options open for however the days play out. Thank you!
>>
>>2330980
"real" meaning what? I've been to business hotels where I could barely even sit on the toilet because the bathroom was so small
>>
>>2330980
>"hotel with a real bathroom"
What does this even mean?
>>
>>2330986
How fat are you?
I'm 6"3' and 140kg and whenever I stay at business hotels like APA I never have this problem
The bathtub on the other hand maybe
>>
>>2330989
6ft, but the problem I had was not being able to physically sit down because the toilet was angled so that my knees needed to be in the wall
anyway for me business hotels are a last resort because there's usually no room to even open a suitcase

Though a hotel might be preferable to an airbnb. The last time I stayed in one in the winter in japan, the heating didn't function, and the bed had a fold in it. I had to sleep diagonally wearing my coat.
>>
>>2330993
Business hotels aren't too bad
I once spent a week staying at a manga cafe
>>
File: geese thumbs up.gif (3.18 MB, 600x338)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB GIF
>>2330930
Now they just need to remove the testing for non boosted jabbies and unvaxxed.
>>
>>2330998
im not going until next year so im hoping by then that those rules will be scrapped
>>
>>2330999
I am also hoping the same for 2023
>>
Plane tickets purchased. Hotels are next after I get home from the gym.
>>
>>2330667
>>2330691
YES!!! Thanks Kishida-san, you pulled through!

This anon >>2329859 reporting
Booked my flights from December 8th, going back home on January 2nd
>>
>>2330980
>Bring mom and sister along for a Japan trip
>In Tokyo. Need to get to Osaka tonight.
>Sister insists on going to a maid cafe in Akihabara at 5PM
>We are running out of time for the train but fine.
>Moe Moe chuu
>Leave, arrive at JR station
>"Sorry the last Shinkansen to Osaka has just left."
>OMGOMGOMG
>"The last train to Nagoya is leaving very soon. Do you want to get on?"
>"Meh better than nothing"
>Book Nagoya hotel for tonight on the train
>Arrive at Nagoya. The last local subway train is waiting for our shinkansen to arrive before leaving.
>Get to business hotel at 1PM. Straight to the bed.

>Wake up next day and discover the hotel has a public bath.
>Giant hot water pools with 15+ Jap men enjoying the bath.
>This feels pretty nice actually.

Lesson: Find a hotel with a public bath.
>>
>flight 2k
>flight+hotels package 2.2k
mkay
>>
>>2330895
>THE CURRENT JAPAN IS NOT REAL JAPAN!!!!
reminded me of the usual "x was not real communism" cope.
doomcucks always reach for the dumbest kinds of cope they can find under the sofa
>>
>>2331016
The only reason this bothers you is that you know you are getting an inferior Japan experience.
>>
can i wait a day or two to book a trip for late november? are prices gonna shoot up?
>>
>>2331033
there will be more planes flying to Japan and more seats filled, so no, prices will go down. before you had to pay more because they had empty seats and less planes flying
>>
>>2331034
>prices will go down
please god be true
>>
kek the French journalist was right all along
>>
>>2331033
Wait for october. they will add more flights.
Right now I still see the very few flights respecting the daily cap.
>>
>>2331033
Prices might go up by like maybe a hundred USD but I can't see a gigantic surge in demand, the tourism season has for the most part ended already. Depends where you are flying, but for the most part more flights will be put on for the extremely profitable long-distance routes to big Global trade hubs, like America, big Euro capitals etc.
>>
>>2331034
isnt $900 from a westcoast city already as low as it gets?
>>
>>2331042
i did $800 round trip on shitty turkish airlines from las vegas in 2019
>>
>>2331042
I'm seeing $550 nonstop flights LAX-NRT in november right now
>>
>cancelled plans to go late October
>booked in for a painful ass surgery instead which will take months to recover from
KISHIDA!!!!
>>
>>2331055
bruh delay the surgery
>>
>>2331056
I'm already in the midst of physically and psychologically preparing for the surgery so I'll just go post-surgery. Should be fine by spring (March). If Japan closes again I'll just kill myself.
>>
>>2331055
Same but with a dental implant
It is not painful but it is irresponsible to travel for long term while it heals

I'll still go for 10 days in Nov-Dec though
>>
>>2331055
Bruh, what happened to your ass that you need surgery on it?
>>
>>2331071
us doomposters lost
>>
Best cities to visit in Nov to Dec?
Planning to visit for a month.
Last time I went to japan, I went to Tokyo-Hakone-Osaka-Kyoto-Nara in August.
>>
>Kishida said a campaign aimed at bolstering the tourism industry would be rolled out offering discounts.
>>
>>2330998
>Now they just need to remove the testing for non boosted jabbies and unvaxxed.

Are you not from a blue country?
>>
>>2329433
You’re a nigger. Reddma
>>
Since almost everything in Odaiba I wanted to check out is gone, is there anything else besides the Gundam and Joypolis that's worth checking out? Is Joypolis even fun solo?
>>
>>2331106
This is referring to a test that you take when you arrive in Japan. That's what "on-arrival" means. It's funny that half the people in this thread have no idea what they're getting into.
>>
>>2331115
if you are from a blue country you only need proof of vaccination OR negative pcr test before departure.

i doubt this will get in the way of 99% of people.
>>
>>2331126
I know that, but the guy I'm responding to misread a chart and thought you didn't need 3 doses or a negative test.
>>
doomcucks got their assholes blown the fuck out
>>
>>2331057
You'll probably die mid-surgery so there's no need to worry or set plans. The void awaits.
>>
A woman wants to have a coffee with me. I think it's /trv/ related as she's a Nip.

Any tips? Never spoken to a woman in a one to one setting. I know I have to pay because it's human decency but I am more inclined to ghosting her and not showing up as I am too autism for this.

Why does she want to have a coffee with me? How to behave?
>>
>>2330989
>140kg
Wow man. Are you happy? How do you deal with it? Alcohol? Drugs?
I couldn't live with myself if I was a huge lard monster. I would just be too embarrassed to even go out of my house.
>>
>>2330924
Then why are you in a thread for people who want to go? Seems like mental illness to me.
>>
>>2331148
When people say "let's have coffee" they aren't talking about going out and having an actual coffee, autist. She wants you to take her out on a date
>>
>>2331148
She's recruiting you to a cult. Have fun with your new life as a cultist.
>>
>>2331153
I'm happy
I'm not fat enough that it affects my life, I just have a small belly
>>
>>2331148
How old are you that you've never been on a date?
4chan is depressing sometimes, I was 15 when I had my first steady girlfriend
>>
>>2331161
>small
>140kg
Hmmmmmmmm. I think I understand now your coping mechanism. Thanks for the insight.
>>
File: Resized pictures - 1.jpg (157 KB, 575x929)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>2331163
You just don't have any muscle
I'm smaller than the average American
>>
>>2331164
Hey man, I can look for random internet pictures too. You do you. Whatever gets you out of bed every morning.
>>
>>2331158
>date

I will pass then, thank you. Not going to subject anyone to myself.

>>2331162
>>
>>2331162
To be fair to him, I was a huge introvert growing up and had 0 interest in trying to date until I was 28 or so. Up until that point I felt perfectly happy flying solo. Ironically enough it was my second Japan trip that I started feeling like I was missing out just being alone the rest of my life, so I started dating.
>>
>>2331162
I'm 31 and I've never been kissed or on a date with a girl. Hoping to get my first when I go to Japan next year.
>>
>>2331186
I was in a similar situation before I moved to Japan. ''Here is where I will change, this is it''. All I got is a better paying job and safer country. I still do not go outside, I still do not want to see anyone.
>>
>>2331188
In a year when I'm your age I will change. I'm not gonna go out and socialize, but I'm gonna sit on park benches and hope that someone will introduce themselves to me.
>>
>>2331162
I'm 26 and have never been on a date. I don't even have anything seriously wrong with me besides feeling uncomfortable flirting & barely meeting single women since basically everything I do & everywhere I go (hiking, weight lifting, climbing, work, etc) is majority male and almost every woman I've seen is there with their boyfriend.
>>
>>2331004
Damn, that was my plan too because I have work in Jakarta in Jan
>>
I feel like those of us 30+ have missed our window to meet a pure girl
>>
>>2331189
Nobody will. People don't approach strangers, especially here. It's not anime, man.
>>
>>2331162
You are very much the outlier on tgis website, my friend. I had never been on a date or anything until I was 24.
>>
File: 1519799997615.jpg (44 KB, 958x960)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>2331145
That's the cherry on top of all this news. Seeing snowposter apologising like a faggot a couple of threads ago was the writing on the wall
>>
>>2331203
So how the fuck do I meet a normal girl that hasn't had 10 sexual encounters then?
>>
>>2331189
>I'm gonna sit on park benches and hope that someone will introduce themselves to me
>in Japan
I kek'ed.
>>
>>2331223
Sit on benches near schools.
Don't forget to wear a mask and to wear a hat and sunglasses to protect you from the weather.
>>
>>2331229
Thanks for the advice, anon. I have sun allergy so I'll be sure to do that.
>>
>>2331223
There's dating apps other than Tinder.
Although not everyone in Tinder is a slut.
I dated a 19 year old Japanese girl I met on Tinder and took her virginity. No idea what she saw in me (I'm 32)
>>
I'm planning to go in May next year. Are there any festivals on that month? Are there any things I should know of?
>>
>>2331238
I have the opposite experience. Fucked, or rather, she fucked me - she is 42, I am 27
>>
Fuck Japan. I'm still going to Korea next.
>>
>>2331244
The only way Korea is superior to Japan is soju only costs $1 a bottle
>>
I'm sorry, this is going to be a very dumb question.

I'm going to Japan for two weeks in November, in the middle of which I need to be in Tokyo, and at the beginning I will be going to Kyoto/Osaka. This is my second long trip, so I exhausted a lot of the general weeb shit in Tokyo and I have no idea where to go/what to do outside of Tokyo/Kyoto. Can anyone recommend places to go outside of those two areas that are worth going to?
>>
>>2331249
Sounds like good enough reason
>>
But do they allow fucking Chinese? Can't they at least make it mandatory that a western vaccine is needed to land?
>>
>>2331307
Previously they did. Pfizer or Moderna only
I don't think you need a vaccine at all anymore
>>
File: Kotatsu.png (83 KB, 627x339)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>2329433
>Where you're going
I'm going to visit and take pictures of a few Weeb-y places in Tokyo for friends that can't go. After that I'm GTFOing out of that trash heap and moving to Nagoya, Omihachiman, Osaka and then Kyoto.
>How long
2 weeks
>what you'll do
Eat a whole fucking bunch, sightsee, hopefully get to experience a festival or two.
>>
What's the mobile data situation anyway? I wanna stay online the whole time but I ain't got a clue where to even look.
>>
Doomcucks btfo
Now that I've booked my flights where should I go to find a femboy that'll fuck gaijin
>>
>>2331238
One year until I turn 32. How can I grow up to be you
>>
>>2331355
I honestly don't know
I'd say "be tall", except she was almost half a meter shorter than me, which is a fuckload, so I don't know
I think I just got lucky and matched with a very special girl
Although now that I say that it's not too uncommon for me to match with girls 18 - 22 so I don't know
I dated a 20 year old last week but she turned out to be pretty fat
>>
>>2331071
skin tags bro
>>
>>2331359
I'm not tall (in Europe), but I'm white and desperate. I don't even mind bigger girls.
>>
doomsisters we lost
>>
>>2331373
Asians are taller nowadays. 5'8 is the average for men in Japan now, and in a city with millions you'll statistically find plenty of Japanese men ~6 feet on basically every single train ride. Height in the big cities isn't as much of a sexual impact as it used to be because of this. Jap girls just expect a gaijin to be exciting and not passive.
>>
>>2331192
You're still going ahead with those plans? Or did you cancel?
>>
>>2330612
>countries will be requiring vaccination of people want to travel, I think Japan is included. This was back when booster shots were introduced I think
Fucking retarded gooks
>>
Do you think 2023 will see a massive influx of people (=more than 2019), or do you think that normalfags can't plan 2023 much more, thus it will be like early 2010s levels of tourism, and 2024 is where it will go back to late 2010s levels of tourism?
Maybe it would be best to plan a travel with the touristy memespots or sakurameme in 2022, and leave the less touristy things for later... What's your take on this, anons?
>>
What's the best way to reserve hotels in Japan? I feel like major/western sites like booking.com probably take a huge cut for themselves, but as someone who's not fluent in Japanese at all, it's not like I'm talented enough to browse Japanese sites directly.
>>
Anyone done the PCR test before entering Japan? Guidelines state: "you must take a PCR test within 72 hours before your flight and show a negative certificate in the approved format". Makes no sense? Flying out of LAX btw.
>>
>>2331490
bumping this because i 100% planned to just walk into these places and reserve them on the spot and something tells me that might not fly
>>
>>2331485
Outside of Kyoto it literally doesn’t matter. Your trip isn’t going to be ruined if you see another foreigner.
>>
>>2330888
>ejaculated all over their gook faces
over their gook masks you mean
>>
>>2331502
I found Hiroshima pretty bad in 2017.
It was filled with retarded burgers and I immediately regretted taking the free bus if you had a JR pass.
No problems at any other places.
>>
>>2331348
You can either rent a pocket wifi device or rent a sim card (which your phone will need to be unlocked for). Both have pros and cons so I'd suggest reading into both to see what works best for you.
>>
Anyone know if it's possible to visit a Japanese school and walk around, and if so where?
I need a good look inside on for work, get a grasp of the architecture.
>>
>>2331279
Just browse japan-guide.com for a few hours.
>>
>>2331529
>Anyone know if it's possible to visit a Japanese school and walk around
>for work
yeah...sure buddy o_O
>>
>>2331542
Yeah it's for porn, now answer the question.
>>
>>2331547
hope immigration stops you p*do scum
>>
>>2331547
You're an actual pedophile. Kys. I did hear about japanese fast food wor-, I am sorry, ''English teachers'' going in there mostly because of their fetish, glad to see it's turue
>>
>>2331307
1) the chinese are locked in their country still
2) they need to get a negative test to enter since their vaccine isn't recognized, which is probably another mitigating factor
3) I don't know if China had visa-free entry into Japan before but visa-free entry hasn't been clarified so it's possible they will need to apply for visas
>>
>every street of Shibuya has gigantic Tinder ads
>a fucking Tinder popup store opened on the main street of Shibuya just off the crossing
when did the semites establish such a firm foothold in Japan?
>>
>>2331548
>>2331549
cope, maybe reddit will be more up your alley moralcucks
the fuck happened to this website, saying it's for porn (it's actually not) should've gotten everyone to want to help me, I blame the elections
>>
>>2331551
Visa requirements are the same as they were before COVID.

>>2331104
That's only for Japanese traveling within Japan.

>>2330993
I've stayed at APA many times and I'm 5'11. Didn't have problems taking a shit.

>>2330895
I'm in Tokyo right now and nothing has changed as far as how foreigners are treated. Nobody gives a fuck about you.

>>2330725
I've seen more unmasked Japanese than I have foreigners. That may be due to there being less foreigners around though.
>>
>>2331529
>>2331555
Normally you can't, probably you can during culture festivals(Bunkasai) I think but I never tried. I don't know if you need to be invited or it's free for all.
https://education.jnto.go.jp/en/school-in-japan/school-life-in-japan/culture-festivals-at-japanese-schools/
You can always stalk the schoolgirls after they go out of schools anon.
There are great sightseeing spots in every metro/train station, ahem "stairs".
>>
>>2331563
What about like abandoned/out of commission buildings? I remember hearing about some K-On museum being built in a school, that should be good enough. Legit want to go in and just get a feel for the place, I can find photos online but they aren't enough to build a great 3d mental image.

>You can always stalk the schoolgirls after they go out of schools anon.
No but you see, hearing about an active creep situation will activate the suspension bridge effect and they'll fall right into my lap, I've read enough doujins to KNOW it must be true.
>>
>>2331569
>What about like abandoned/out of commission buildings?
That would get you more like a horror atmosphere than a Japanese school atmosphere.
If you just want to get a feel your best chances are either go during a culture festival or convince a teacher that you are a movie director, you are making a movie and you are researching Japanese schools, if they believe you they may let you film.
>>
I just booked a trip to Japan for 10/21-11/10. Any anons wanna hang in Tokyo? I know Japanese.
>>
>>2331499
>>2331490
Unironically Airbnb. Its easy to browse options and has excellent prices
>>
You think without Chinese tourists that Kyoto will be better when visiting? Actually why does it seem like people either love or hate Kyoto? It can't just be the tourism right?
>>
>>2331498
You need to take the test within 72h and get your results before you fly out. This means you need to pay for a premium test or you won't get results in time. LAX offers these quick tests but it's like $130. Alternatively you can just get the vaccines for free
>>
Just booked my flight tickets to Japan for next april. Before I start booking hotels i'd like to hear what you consider the optimal itinerary for 12 full days in Japan. It's my first time there. I will arrive and depart from Tokyo. Ofc, i'll explore Kyoto's temples, Tokyo's shopping streets, and Osaka's food scene but what else? Open to everything.

Much appreciated.
>>
>>2331612
Akihabara
>>
I just found out Japan is the most in debt country in the world. The fuck? How does society function? How do the trains run and bins get emptied? How did they produce the magic from playstation and nintendo when it's more in debt than Africa? I thought it was paradise when I visited
>>
>>2331628
Debt is a meme, it's in % relative to a yearly GDP. Think about it for a second. Even at more than 200%, it's a mere two years. It's fucking nothing.
Think about how much in debt you are when you buy a house relative you your yearly salary, and how it's not a problem at all to be more than 500% in debt. And as far as countries are concerned, it doesn't even take the value of the "assets" into account. How much do you value "Japan"? How much do you value the "Eiffel Tower"? How much do you value "Death Valley"? Answer: a lot. And it's not taken into account in the yearly GDP, maybe for tourism that year, but that's insignificant.
There, now you understand why debt doomers will always forever be wrong. Countries (i.e. actual countries producing value, aka the First World) will be +400% in debt and they will run just fine.
>>
>>2331628
Not all debt is equal, most of Japan's debt is to itself and denominated in yen which's value they have control over
>>
>>2331629
>actual countries producing value
Japan hasn't produced anything of value since 1992
>>
>>2331553
Tinder is a fucking joke in Japan. It's either profiles consisting of photos of hair with no bio, or prostitutes advertising their services.
>>
>>2331106
I am from a blue country. You still need a pre-departure pcr test if you are not vaccinated or didn't receive a booster. It is just a waste of money and time at this point.
>>
>>2331279
Got to an aquarium or museum then. If you have the train pass you can go to the Ibaraki and walk around the Hibatchi sea side park which is suppose to be nice.
>>
glad I already got my hotel for the holiday season everything is already filling up
>>
>>2331691
>or prostitutes advertising their services.
Based, that's what I would like to see more of. Skip the bullshit and get down to what I'm really meeting you for.
>>
>>2331701

Just purchased my hotel for the Osaka half of my honeymoon, now to look at the Tokyo half.

Is there a station in Tokyo akin to Umeda? I knew getting a hotel near Umeda would hook me up with a bunch of food to check out and be well-connected for general exploration, but I know nothing about Tokyo's layout. I want to check out Akihabara, Asakusa, the Skytree, Harajuku, Meiji shrine, and a bunch of other touristy stuff; what are some good stations to pick hotels near? Bonus points if it's somewhere particularly easy to get to from Narita airport.
>>
>actual advice on stalking/ogling japanese school girls being posted
fucking hell they're just innocent kids, would you like it if your own daughter was subject to pervy tourists?
>>
File: 1648515452240.png (333 KB, 675x683)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
>>2331714
Yes.
>>
File: Merry.jpg (334 KB, 720x888)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
>>2331714
>>
File: loli paedo shirt.jpg (152 KB, 495x590)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>2331549
>>2331714
kek are you lost, buddy?

>>2331569
>I remember hearing about some K-On museum being built in a school, that should be good enough.
It's the old Toyosato Elementary School.
https://en.biwako-visitors.jp/spot/detail/228
Not exactly a K-ON museum but rather the school which was used as setting for the anime. It was deactivated after the few remaining students moved to a newer building so now they allow people to wander around and take pictures.
>>
Is Sapporo station a good hub for my first trip to Sapporo? I remember hearing that it isn't as well connected as Tokyo or Osaka in regards to public transport, but that was 5 years ago at this point.
>>
>>2331712
Staying near Ueno is probably the best since you can take the Keisei Narita express right there and it has a Shinkansen stop, has lots of good food, etc.
>>
So is it worth waiting for flights to go down? I'm tempted to literally go on the 11th.
>>
>>2331782
Flights are unlikely down that short term, crew and airport slots are already scheduled most likely from my airline experience
It is only worth waiting if you are going a few months later since now they can reliably increase capacity for the future
>>
File: 1635711551746.gif (668 KB, 448x318)
668 KB
668 KB GIF
Going to book for 2023 spring
I can just reuse the plan I had for 2020 spring at least, fucking hell

Can still fit in a week in Tokyo this December fuck it. Never been during winter though, so got to plan that one out to see what's best around there in that season.
>>
>>2330897
I want to try a month of wfh in Japan too. If it goes well, a 3 month stint sounds cool, but for some reason I have this fear that 3 months is a lot more risky than 1 month of illegal work. Should I be worried?
>>
>booking for spring
you realize that the borders will close when the covid cases rise in the winter, right?
>>
>>2331805
NTA, but double check with your company if access to internal resources is allowed from a different country, in case it's not for data security reasons.
Other than that it is just a legal grey area, as there is no real way to check or enforce it if your company doesn't care.
>>
>>2331811
>doomtranny cope
lmao
>>
>>2331803
Go in early December. Don't bother going around Christmas or New Years, everything will be closed.
>>
>>2331816
>legal grey area
Tourists aren't allowed to work in Japan. Seems black and white to me.
>>
>>2331819
That's the plan, weather seems to be perfect so probably going to try to fit in a day trip or two as well.
But might just end up chilling in the city, should be good vibes with the illumination.
>>
>>2331821
I mean unless you report yourself there's no way anyone will find out
Not like they are doing deep packet inspection to catch gaijin work VPN connections
>>
>>2331824
I wouldn't report myself, but could any other random person suspect something and look into it?
>>
>>2331834
Japan famously has both Neighborhood Watch and Gaijin Watch operating in every area. the latter will definitely sniff you out and report you immediately
>>
>>2331164
Jesus christ what a lardass.
>>
Besides shopping and Golden Gai/bars is there really any reason to go to Shinjuku?
>>
DOOMPOSTERS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>DOOMPOSTERS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>2331857
fucking chinese/korean/flip hookers
>>
Is staying near tokyo station and using it as a base to visit Kyoto/Osaka/etc. via the bullet train viable, as in stay in Tokyo the whole time and just shinkansen out to wherever? or should I get hotels in each city and segment out the trip
>>
>>2331865
No. If you're going to Kansai, stay there.
>>
>>2331838
>tfw your assigned Gaijin Watch agent doesn't let you use the bathroom alone
I hate it when this happens, I usually get nicer ones.
>>
>>2331691
Then how do you find bwc hungry jap girls
>>
>>2331865
Now that the country is reopen, I guess we're back to our regularly scheduled absolute fucking retard posts. Google how long it takes to ride the train from Tokyo to Osaka.
>>
>>2331897
To be fair. I'd rather have resident retards than /v/ tier lockdown posting.
>>
>>2331811
the absolute state of doomfags
>>
Just booked my Japan trip for December/January.

Gonna be:
>7 days Shinjuku
>3 days crushing the sofa of a female japanese friend I met at university (you know what that means)
>4 days unplaned
>1 day Disneyland with a japanese 40+ milf I met on Tinder with vpn
>7 days Shibuya

Not sure about the 4 days. Takayama seems nice and I've never been there. Looks good with snow especially. Or Kyoto/Osaka but I've been there so often.. probably have seen most of it. Hokkaido is too far.

Overall winter is my favorite time to go to Japan. Not hot and humit. Warm ramen tastes even better after walking a bit in a cold weather. And in Tokyo it's not even that cold.. very mild. Christmas decoration is great too. And those lucky bag shopping is tons of fun (I recommend the one you can get at the war museum close to Yasukuni shrine)
>>
>>2331979
>you know what that means
I don't, please elaborate.
>>
>>2331979
>(you know what that means)
playing the sega megadrive deep into the night?
>>
>>2331553
>when did the semites establish such a firm foothold in Tokyo?
ftfy
>>
>>2331691
Can confirm
At least 75% of the "girls" i match with are scammers
>>
is Tinder usable in Japan without being able to converse in Japanese?
>>
>>2332068
The majority of Japanese girls are not fluent in English
>>
>>2332069
Let me rephrase, is it possible to meet younger girls in Tokyo using Tinder and only conversing in English?
>>
>>2332074
Yes, but not likely
>>
>>2332078
What if I have low standards?
>>
>>2332082
Then why don't you meet younger girls in your own country using Tinder?
>>
>>2332082
If they can't speak English and you can't speak Japanese it's not going to work out.

I say that but I actually know a guy in that situation who married the girl, although she's in her 30's so probably desperate
>>
Thinking of going in December but I don't want to travel alone. Should I change my tinder to Japan or is there a better dating site?

Although I think the Japanese are more wealthy than the Australian so maybe it's wishful thinking.
>>
>>2332100
Keep your tinder where you are at and stop wasting people's time
>>
>>2332100
Japan is a wealthier country for sure, but I don't think Japanese people are that much wealthier.
Salaries here aren't great.

For a short term thing Tinder is probably your best bet.
You could also try Bumble since there are a lot of gaijin hunters on there.
>>
>>2332094
I like Asian girls and I'm going to Japan.
>>2332095
I will study Japanese, but I won't understand it right away
>>
Having a shabu shabu date tonight
First time. I've only had Chinese hot pot in the past
This gonna be good
>>
I had a preliminary plan/schedule, but the more I look at it the more I'm worried. I booked a 3 week trip and the initial plan spanned from Osaka to Hokkaido. I'm wondering if it's too ambitious just due to the travel and having to lug suitcases around since I was planning on skiing for 1 day and I'll have to pack a ski jacket and whatnot.
>>2329444
Huh, you have a really similar plan to me but in a different order.
>>
>>2331373
>
Sure, you're tall. But how fat are you? If you are a lardass then forget about it. Might as well pay a whore and get it over with.
>>
>>2332157
I'm underweight, but I thought Asian girls were into that
>>
File: 1664007965850.png (749 KB, 1322x865)
749 KB
749 KB PNG
Odd and I book for December.
Even and I book for March.

Dubs I book both.
Trips I book both then kms in Akiba next year.
>>
>>2329433
I'm going to play pretend since $2500 plane tickets for essentially goofing off for two weeks is absolutely insane to me.
>where you're going
Day of chilling in a Tokyo capsule hotel from jet lag then go to Osaka and Hiroshima. If it's a winter trip I'd shoot for Sapporo as well.
>how long for
First out-of-country trip in my life so at least two weeks.
>what you'll do
Be the typical weeb faggot. Enjoy the vidya, go see places like Tower Records, maybe some local rock gigs if I could find any. Hiroshima for the atomic bomb stuff. Tokyo for the Nippon Budokan. Would be too autistic to handle maid cafes.
>>
I'm waiting until Spring next year. Would like to see the flowers again and I reckon things will be more normal in general by then too.

The Yen is going up too, so probably a good time to exchange some now.
>>
>>2331553
When I used Tinder in Tokyo the only people interested in me were other normalfag gaijins looking for impossible to find in Japan sex with a male, so figured a fellow Westerner would satisfy this demand. Japs don't use Tinder and match with you unless they have ulterior motives.
>>
>>2332190
What would those ulterior motives be?
>>
>>2332190
maybe your tinder profile was just garbage
>>
>passport would expire during trip
>10 week processing time
>>
>>2332207
You’ve known for 10 years when your passport was going to expire.
>>
Is Japan part of Europe? You don't need a passport when flying between countries in Europe, that'd save me some effort.
>>
>>2332223
Is this satire?
>>
>>2331691
>or prostitutes advertising their services.
Anon.. that's literally what Tinder is
>>
>>2332190
I used tinder every time I went to Japan and had didn't have enough time to fuck all the Japanese women I could have. They were all what I would consider relationship potential too. Good times.
What are you all doing wrong?
>>
hub yaesu right now come and fight me
>>
>>2332223
I would welcome if we just took the UK, towed it out next to that plastic garbage heap in the ocean so it fits in, then put Japan in UK's original place.
>>
File: 180329_osaka_18[1].jpg (247 KB, 840x560)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
How would you plan a 3-3.5 weeks trip for Sakurameme? Land in say Osaka (or even more in the south of possible) late Larch/early April, then proceed North? Never went past Nikko, are there shit worth seeing in the north of Honshu, bet it on the eastern or western coast? I probably won't go up to Hokkaido, but why not. I'm not into urban cities anyway, nature should be cool up there.
>>
what the fuck do you do in sapporo?
>>
>>2332292
Leave
>>
Is it reasonable to assume prices will go down once more flights are available?
Looking at next spring for a 3 week trip but not sure if I should book them now or hold off for a better deal.
>>
>>2332302
I wish. But considering oil prices (though they are ironically in free fall right now), I'm not so sure. What I can see though, is ANA and JAL puting up their travel offers again (like the ones where you get 1 or 2 free interior flights for free).
I think those are offer they can put forward relatively quick, as well as remove relatively quick if the need arise for any reason. Meanwhile, scaling up the number of flights can't be done that easily, I think.
>>
Where would you go with a month? I've been before but I'm bringing my sister, it will be her first time.
>>
>>2332313
>I'm bringing my sister
Love hotel
>>
>>2332335

As a "joke". ;)
>>
>>2332302
Depends on when you go, I don't think you should bother waiting if you're going this year. Maybe wait a month at most if you're going in December.
>>
>>2332302
Not sure. I booked my two-way ticket from Germany directly to Tokyo for 1100€. That's exactly what I've paid in 2018. Given the current situation with oil prices I doubt it's getting any cheaper than that. But maybe it depends on where you fly from.
>>
Do you guys know if China showed any signs of opening?
If yes then I will drop everything, clear my calendar and clients, to go ASAP and won't wait until early next year.
>>
Chinese can't quit their country? [DOUBTS]
>>
Koyasan worth visiting?
>>
>>2331037

kek I remember that post too. Based insider leaker
>>
File: 1652282911059.jpg (42 KB, 880x814)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>2330815
More like you'll hang around like a creep muttering in breath lmao
>>2331164
Based permabulkbro
>>
How bad would it be to just stay in Kyoto and Tokyo over the course of a month instead of trying to go all over the country?
>>
>>2332396
thats kind of what i'll be doing. staying in tokyo the entire time but taking day trips to places like kyoto, osaka, nagoya etc using the rail pass
>>
>>2331490
>>2331499
I like booking.com. Plenty of hotels, ryokans, and also vacation homes/apartments available, at every conceivable price bracket. For a lot ryokan places though, I'll usually see if they have their own website that I can book so that they get the full rate and no cut goes to the aggregate site. Usually the price is the same, and it's not too hard to book on the Japanese site if they don't have an English page.

I have no experience trying to do a walk-in, I don't think there would be an issue if there's open rooms, but in high occupancy seasons/areas you might have issues.
>>
>>2331819
I went over New Years for comiket back in 2018-19, Tokyo at least was indistinguishable from any other week. Same for Nikko, same for Osaka.

>>2331857
Tokyo Metropolitan Gov building has a pretty good free observation deck
>>
>>2332396
Sounds comfy tbqh. Just take day trips out when you can.
>>
As an American should I just bite the bullet and go ASAP despite the inevitable flood of 6 million gaijins when it opens? I don't even know what I would use this 50% discount for. What are fellow dollarchads spending their money on?
>>
>>2332445
What 50% discount?
>>
>>2332446
Show BWC at the cashiers, you usually get at least 50%, but can go up to 80% if you are above a certain size.
>>
>>2332446
>he doesn't know
>>
File: laughing takagi.png (110 KB, 261x370)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>2332445
>dollarchads spending their money on
probably on plane tickets
>>
what would be the cheapest way to lodge for a month? is lodging overnight in net cafes a meme?
>>
>>2332566
capsule hotels or net cafes then go to public bath. Be sure to have earplugs for a good night sleep.
>>
>rush of stupid normies will send yen up
Fuck you white pigs, I'm enjoying the 142 yen to 1 usd conversion
>>
>>2332396
normie
>>
File: file.png (24 KB, 461x308)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
Remember those people buying JPY last month because it was so cheap?
>>
>>2332571
So does tourism actually boost yen or will USD go up further more?
>>
>>2332590
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>2332571
You are economically illiterate.
>>
I am in between two jobs at the moment, and it looks like there is an administrative issue thanks to my country's dumb government that will delay my start at the new place by a month(Too complicated to explain, and I seethe when thinking about it)

Figured might as well just go to Japan for a month, so this particularly goes to anons who live there, is it mostly back to normal when it comes to tourist attractions being open and such? I know people are going to be more xenophobic but I don't care about that.
>>
File: 1664119293340.png (916 KB, 1000x1047)
916 KB
916 KB PNG
Thoughts on itineraries.
I'm not a fan, but everyone seems to have one.
Would it be a mistake to just show up in Japan without a list of things to do?
Anyone ever winged it with no plans?
>>
>>2332763
Where you're staying (what city, what hotel) each day is part of your itinerary. Surely you're planning that.
If you don't want to plan each day, which is fine, advisable even, at least have research done in advance - have a list of things to do in the area you'll be in that you can look at and pick from each day, a list of day trips, etc.
>>
>>2332763
I went for the 1st time in 2019 on a 2 week trip and only had 2 days planned out (one of which got absolutely fucked by weather) and a handful of activities, but had my hotel rooms booked and took a lot of things to do from the map in the OP. Most parts of it went pretty well, but some were a bit disastrous. Looking back I wish I'd done more prior research and planned everything out instead of winging everything, especially since I made a day trip to Kyoto but missed almost every attraction besides the Golden Temple due to my poor planning.
>>
>>2332763
Depends on how long you're staying. If you're only staying 7-10 days'ish, I would definitely have a plan. If you're staying longer, then wing it. That's at least how I did the times I went.
>>
>>2332677
Depends where you go. Places like Odaiba got hit fucking hard and lost most of their attractions. Sega dropped out of the fucking arcade business during covid, their name disappeared from Akiba.
>>
>>2332821
All the Sega arcades still exist
They were bought up by another company
>>
How much time would you spend in Kansai (based in Kyoto) versus Tokyo for a 25 day trip?
I'm thinking 3:2, 15 days in Tokyo, 10 in Kyoto.
>>
>>2332825
That's why I said their NAME disappeared.
>>
>>2332843

What do you want to see?

Personally I did roughly the opposite, 6 days Tokyo, 10 days Kyoto, because there were more things around Kyoto I wanted to see (Osaka, Himeji, Hiroshima, Okayama, Nara)
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (477 KB, 1176x901)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
>>2332821
>>2332825
Oh a friend linked me a website about how many shops closed down in Akiba as well, but thankfully that would not be my goal this time, god knows I spent too much time there already in the past.
Would be going for less populated areas(mainly in Chuugoku/Shikoku) but a little worried if they got hit harder by the domestic travel decline and need more time to recover as a result.
>>
>>2330714
>y-you been seething!!
You literally felt happy that well-adjusted adults and chads couldn't go visit a country they wanted to see and now THIS is how you act:>>2330749

Kill yourself. NOW
>>
Anyone else spend the last 2.5 years or so planning out things you wanted to do whenever you got in, but now that you're in the position where you can actually go are realizing that your plans are probably way too ambitious?
>>
Hotel or airbnb?
I feel like the latter is the obvious answer as they don't seem to be anymore expensive and you can get a whole apartment or house to yourself. Is there a catch?
>>
>>2331024
stay home and keep your cope to yourself bud, i'll be in japan while you seethe about non-issues
>>
File: sadpanda.jpg (358 KB, 1280x1421)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>>2332862
I still can't get over the fact toranoana closed as well.
At least melonbooks is still there, but it's just not the same.
>>
>>2332763
This >>2332765
And remember, just because you have a plan to be in certain cities for certain dates doesn't mean you can't change things if you want to. I've found most places on booking.com offer free cancellation really close in, so it's not hard to change plans on short notice if you want to. I always have a plan of which cities I want to visit and cancellable reservations for all those places, even though I've only felt the need to change plans once. I don't plan to do specific things on specific days though, I just have a google map with things I want to do marked and I do whatever I feel like doing on a particular day. I usually decide what I want to do the night before, so that way I can plan around public transit timetables and so on so that things like >>2332796's Kyoto day trip don't happen.
>>
>>2332959
I did airbnb on a holiday to Japan
Turned out to just be a shitty hotel and they overcharged me
>>
Where's a good area of Tokyo to stay in if I want to mostly be among locals in a nice, upscale neighborhood and do normal everyday stuff like go to grocery stores, family restaurants, see people walking home from work/school/etc.
Was thinking ebisu but I find no hotels there. Roppongi?
>>
>>2332959
I'd rather stay at a minshuku or business hotel or something for a similar price and not contribute to chinks and russians destroying city housing markets.
>>
>>2333043
>I can't find a hotel in a residential neighborhood
What is it about this general that attracts the most retarded weebs on earth.
>>
>>2333043
All neighbourhoods are residential
I live 8 minutes from Akihabara in the heart of Tokyo and I'm literally across the road from a highschool
>>
>>2333103
*8 minutes walk
>>
>>2333103
Do you grab your binoculars and open the blinders when school starts?
>>
Anyone ever had an escort from Tokyo Hentai Club?
Wonder if it really is worth it, their site makes it seem too easy
They have a few cute girls on there, and I'm too autistic to play the tinder game
>>
>>2329393
Where would be the best place to settle for nature Japan?
>>
>>2333043
Roppongi is probably the only place I would not recommend if you want to be among locals.
>>
>>2332862
Hopefully Akihabara Electric Town will rise from the ashes of Akiba Otakuville.
>>
Is it still recommended to download all the entry apps?
>>
>>2333123
If you're too autistic to date just go for it dude
What do you have to lose?
Your dignity for fucking a whore? lmao
>>
>>2333196
It is turning into more of a brothel + maid café + office district from what jp frends are telling me
>>
>>2333208
Even more than what it already was? Jesus Christ, that's depressing.
>>
>>2333208
What brothels
Asking for a friend
>>
File: FUePyaHaMAAev2v[1].jpg (344 KB, 899x1200)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
>>2333217
Increased to the point where they made a new rule about no more soliciting for those places on the streets, so the cafes/brothels are now having them line up under the pretense of just handing out leaflets instead
>>
>>2333224
This is depressing..

I was hoping to go late October/early November and make some local friends when going out to bars, etc. I know from unfortunate experience that I get almost no positive emotions from social interactions with masked people. Guess I'll try my luck with apps and exercise, god help me if they wear masks during that too
>>
>>2333228
what's wrong with masks
>>
>>2333228
Hookers don't wear masks while sucking your dick retard
>>
>>2333231
If I can't see someone smile my brain doesn't register any social interaction as positive and it always feels like a chore. Working as a customer facing role before Covid until now and the way work was like during and how much it drained me makes it very clear the masks are what kill it for me.
>>
>>2333235
are you autisitist?
>>
>>2333236
Pretty sure you're autistic if you don't think social interactions took a nosedive during covid.
>>
>>2333237
I think they improved, I wish we had to wear some eye protection so I didn't have to lock eyes with people
>>
>>2332949
I guess, I just realized all I want to truly honest to my heart do is talk to Japanese girls and try to sleep with them. I can just be in Tokyo for a month doing that and I'll be happy.
>>
>>2333123
Escorts got nuked pretty bad since Covid. That website used to have like 30 websites for Tokyo, now there's only like 6 and the websites aren't linked anymore so it's now very secretive toward gaijins. So you won't know all the secret deals and what you're SUPPOSED to be paying + you won't know how many services there actually are available for purchase.
>>
Is it just me or are there an above average number of young and pretty women in Ikebukuro?
>>
>>2333394
>above average number of young and pretty women in Ikebukuro
tfw no young and pretty Ikebukuro female anime fan to watch girls anime with
>>
>Take Claritin-D 12-hour every night because, without it, my nose thinks it should seal itself shut whenever I lay my head down
>Going to Japan for 10 days
>Pseudoephedrine is a controlled substance in Japan
>The process for getting approval to take a controlled substance into Japan is a pain in the butt

Realistically, what's the risk of just having 10 sealed tablets of it in my bag without telling anyone? Would they really confiscate it from me? Alternatively, how easy would it be to buy an equivalent while in Japan?
>>
Well lads I took some time off, going for 2 weeks Nov/Dec

I was worried what I would be using my remaining days off but Japan opened just in time. Haven't been in 4 years, should be fun.
>>
>>2333424
If it means anything I did that with 5 benzo pills because I am a nervous wreck on airplanes, would have been in big shit if caught. Nothing happened, no checks, but I cannot endorse smuggling controlled substances.
>>
>>2331647
japan produces little girls
>>
What part of Kyoto is best to stay in and just relax for a week after being in Tokyo - long daily walks, beautiful architecture/parks/nature/etc. nearby, populated both day and night
>>
File: Google Maps.png (799 KB, 1065x816)
799 KB
799 KB PNG
>>2333475
You seem to have a very particular criteria, so you shouldn't have a problem finding something in this general area.
>>
>>2333500
It looks like Gion is what I want.
>>
File: 1664230728012.jpg (54 KB, 320x480)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Are idol conventions / events worth attending as a gaijin?
I haven't much Japanese so tickets might be a pain (unless I pay at the entrance?).
Anyone ever attend one?
>>
>>2333541
depends on your interest in the group
if they're popular then getting tickets is a pain and you'll probably need a proxy address and phone number
>>
Would it be too much trouble to ask a ryokan to avoid raw fish or land meats for 1 of 2 guests and give normal meals with no restrictions to the other?
>>
>>2333551
ask the ryokan
>>
>>2333394
Isn't that just that attractive women are more likely to be able to afford to live in the city center? Same as any other city.
>>
>>2333541
I only ever went to idolmaster concerts so that is a bit different, but it was an astronomical amount of pain to get tickets, and had to do it months in advance
Smaller groups /underground idols you can probably get in easy but I am not into that
>>
>>2331106

Due to the implementation of the measures based on the abovementioned
(Provisional translation)
paragraphs, the paragraph 1 of the New Border Measures (4) (December 26, 2020), the
paragraph 1 (2) of the New Border Measures (9) (March 5, 2021), the measure (2) of
the New Border Measures (10) (March 18, 2021), the New Border Measures (28) (May
20, 2022) (hereinafter referred to as “the Measures (28)”), the New Border Measures (29)
(May 26, 2022), the New Border Measures (30) (July 27, 2022), the New Border
Measures (32) (September 1, 2022), and the New Border Measures (33) (September 13,
2022) will be abolished

This table is part of (28) which will be abolished.
>>
>>2333250
>I think they improved
unironically autistic
>>
anyone in kyoto atm? how quiet is it atm?
>>
>>2333600
The country isn't open for 2 more weeks, so it's just the 4 million people who live there.
>>
Anything to see in japan related to ninjas?
>>
File: 1664242700359.jpg (2.12 MB, 1920x1160)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
Has anyone ever done an Airbnb stay in rural / wild jp? How was it...interesting, boring, any cool experiences... and would you do it again?
Thinking of spending a couple days out from Tokyo and picking a (few) random little countryside towns to explore. Shrines, eateries and bars, local sights / heritage spots, museums etc.
I'm travelling solo, I have pretty much no Japanese skills.. but I still think it might be worth it?
>>
>>2333250
>he's never heard of sunglasses
>>
>>2333551
Most ryokan are fairly accommodating in terms of dietary restrictions. Just let them know well beforehand, and be prepared to answer a lot of questions like, "Do they have an allergy?" "Is it okay if the broth contains fish?" "What about eggs or dairy?" etc. Vegetarianism isn't well understood in Japan yet.
>>
How is JAL premium economy? (long distance)
>>
>>2333633
They wouldn't be very good ninjas if you were able to see them.
>>
>>2333744
not sure
>>
>>2333635
There are smallish towns with onsen hotels/ryokan. Personally would prefer it to airbnb. Just keep in mind you could encounter a huntsman spider everywhere rural south of Tokyo.
>>
>>2333777
Heh, found two of these in my house over the past couple months. Real nightmare fuel.
>>
File: JAL Premium economy.png (32 KB, 1846x199)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>2333744
I've never flown JAL, but I screenshotted this post 3 years ago.
>>
File: 1664281430389.jpg (87 KB, 560x471)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>2333815
Good shit.
ANA codeshare with Lufthansa is €1090 (economy both ways)
JAL is €1300 (premium economy both ways)
Seems like a no brainer for an extra €200~

>>2333777
What if you have tattoos, will they ban you from the onsen?
>>
>>2333893
>What if you have tattoos, will they ban you from the onsen?
There are those skin-colored stickers to hide them. Or you ask before going. You can also find rooms with a private onsen but they cost a bit more
>>
Currently planned for just over 3 weeks in Jan/Feb, but thinking about adding an extra few days so I can check out the area of Kyushu. Worth it?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.