[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: lymemap.jpg (60 KB, 621x444)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
I would honestly consider moving to the NE because it looks comfy, but Lyme scares me. Can I get a QRD on this and whether or not it's an actual concern?
>>
I've gotten bit by Lyme ticks many times and I live in Germany. Not sure if it has had an effect on my mental state at all. Maybe I feel slightly less motivated but then again maybe that's juste getting older.
>>
>>2329074
Forgot to add that the 21 days of antibiotics are pretty terrible to go through though.
>>
>>2329056
Why the hell would you go to the NE over the NW? The weather is less humid and more mild, most of the land is wilderness, tons of national parks, lakes, sea, mountains, hiking, skiing, whatever you want to do outside, some of the most beautiful scenery on earth, dry desert climate east of the Cascades if you like that, big city life with major corporations to work for etc if that's your thing, or chill in the middle of nowhere in a cabin, whatever you want to do, no matter what it is, the Northwest is better. Unless you really like concrete, sprawl, mostly flat land, shitty hot humid summer and biting cold winter.
>>
>>2329056
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>2329475
NE is cheaper and less isolated
>>
>>2329475
Unless you really like concrete, sprawl, mostly flat land, shitty hot humid summer and biting cold winter.

Yes because everywhere in the North East is just cities, also the ne isn't even the most sprawled region
>>
>>2329543
>also the ne isn't even the most sprawled region
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You don't really think this do you? LMAO
>>
>>2329557
it isn't
>>
>>2329557
The south has the most sprawl you retard
>>
>>2329475
OP here, what are the best parts of NW? How is Idaho? I know WA doesn't have state income tax, which is really nice.
>>
>>2329644
WA has a 10% sales tax instead which is awful.
>>
>>2329557
Sure, if your idea of New England is the NYC-Boston-Manchester corridor, but otherwise most of it is smaller dense towns in the middle of a reasonable amount of forest and hills, not endless homogeneous subdivisions with no trees.
>>
>>2329056
I grew up in New England. I've picked off hundreds of ticks over the years and had to go to the hospital once to have one removed from my eye. It'd probably be a good idea to get a Lyme disease vaccine if you're worried about it.
>>
>>2329648
Just don't be a (((consoomer))) and you never notice it though.
>>
>>2331607
There's no vaccine... but there USED TO BE one. It's stupid. Blame big pharma. The CDC is trying to prod Pfi$er into making one.
>>
Unless your doing a job like a landscaper you should be fine. If you go on hikes and shit just wear long pants and make sure to check yourself
>>
>>2331607
How the fuck did you get a tick on your eye? wtf
>>
>>2329056
It's not a huge deal unless you're big on the outdoors activities. Even then, there are ways to prevent it.
>>
I've lived in the Midwest, Miami, NYC, and CT.

CT has by far the most reserved people.
>>
>>2331607
>>2331697
No vax but they are working on an antibody shot which lasts for a year and has none of the potential side effects of a vax. Google it, pretty promising.
>>
>>2331637
>just don't buy anything bro

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.