[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 119 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: nomad.jpg (247 KB, 2000x1334)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
No retarded homo redd*tors allowed.

Talk about:

- Legally skirting tax
- Cashing out in crypto without KYC
- Building an online biz
- Freelance work

Post about real boot on the ground experience. Keep your basement arm chair theory to yourself. ie ... if you stay in a third world shithole for 6 months on a tourist visa, said tourist country isn't coming for you for tax (even if the rule book says 6 months means you have tax residency)
>>
>>2326031
No co-working space. Co-working space is for redd*t fags whom constantly need to socialize. Co-working space = overpriced. Spend your time working in a coffee shop, you fucking redd*t homo.
>>
>>2326031
Bump, I wfh but have daily meetings so can’t really work from a different country so I’m interested in starting my own business, it’s seems that some people are making money through doing marketing campaigns but to me it seems a bit sus
>>
>>2326033
A co-working space with proper facilities like phone call booths, printing and postal services beats any coffee shop, especially if you do more than 2 to 3 hours of work at a time.

>>2326117
>bumping on /trv/
>>
File: the-more-you-know.jpg (87 KB, 1350x900)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>2326117

Digital marketing is a pay-to-play scheme and the only winners are the ones using their targeted ads for money laundering and sex trafficking.

Because knowing is half the battle.
>>
>>2326145
I figured it was too good to be true, a YouTuber claimed you can get started for free but to make money you need to spend around 3k and enroll in courses, it seemed like something a boomer or teenager would fall for. I think I should just become a private consultant using and focus on my niche, basically offer my services for a price instead of working for a company, only problem is I haven’t started a business before….
>>
File: val2.jpg (383 KB, 1280x961)
383 KB
383 KB JPG
>>2326151

>it seemed like something a boomer or teenager would fall for

Yes, targeted ads aside (money laundering/sex traffickers delight, thank Jewberg for this) the Facebook algorithm controls who sees who's ads.

So I'm sure the person just starting might get a few 'gimmies' from FB to keep them on the hamster wheel, but it'll tapper off and the mafias that run women and bring FB all of the actual money will always be top clicks for those bullshit scrolling ads.

All of that on top of the fact that Facebook dictates when you suffer when everyone else does. Not sure how much shit you're selling during a recession, and Facebook knows who to keep fed (see above) when the shit hits the fan. It's the guys sending these 'digital nomad' women to Dubai for a week on the 'expense account' so Hakim can be reminded of what capitalism buys him for the few thousand dollars worth of Dolce & Gabbana wear they sell him and his prince for the privilege of Valentina taking a mouthful of shit from him all weekend.

Because knowing half the battle.
>>
>>2326151
>to make money you need to spend around 3k and enroll in courses
This is the same old Tai Lopez coaching scam over and over again. These people won't teach you anything you can't learn for 20 bucks on Udemy or other sites like that. They are snake oil salesmen trying to take advantage of gullible retards.
>>
what are my options if I wanna work anywhere in SEA?
>>
>>2326186
>have remote job
>come visit anywhere in SEA
>work discretely from your apartment if worried about legality of work on tourist visa
I just keep running my solo business in Europe and paying tax, not worth it to do sketchy shit to avoid taxes for now
>>
>>2326194
Does the last part even needed? Is there secret police raiding cafes?
>>
>>2326198

I'm sure in the shittiest of third world shit-holes the Junta might take problem, or just militant curiosity (Fearing a foreign intelligence presence) that they would cause issues if you're working remotely despite their own tax laws allowing you to 'work there' for a few months no issue.

That's probably the real fear aside from places like Mexico and Thailand just getting tired of visa run bullshit from 'quasi-poor' digital nomad LARPers squeaking by and slumming in hostals.
>>
>>2326194
What country offers the longest tourist visa and how much I'd have to border hop?

I'd like to stay for at least a year if possible.
>>
For anyone interested about tax stuff, avoid Cambodia. You are considered a tax resident if you are physically in the country for more than 182 days, however that might not exempt you from tax residence wherever your other tax residence is at. It's not something to have in mind for short stays, but something for longer ones. Avoid this country anyway, it's a shithole. Siem Reap and Kampot can be fun for short stays, but that's it.
>>
>>2326205
You can game the visa in nepal for a long time if you time it right.
>>
>>2326033
Civilized countries have libraries
>>
File: kilroy.jpg (5 KB, 319x158)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>2326221

Full of homeless niggers in the USA looking for work or sleeping in the desks.

Go to a library to pick up chicks like you do a grocery store. Meander around for a bit holding a shitty book you might want to talk about why you're pretending to want to read it and hit on any woman you see.

You can go in a few times a day for an hour or so each time if you're shameless enough to look the employees in the eyes. Be shameless.
>>
>>2326198
At some point few years ago Chiang Mai police raided a coworking space and arrested some people but the cops were being retarded and thought the venue was illegaly employing foreigners as actual staff, they didn't even understand the concept of remote work. People got released and nothing happened since but it's still technically illegal.
I researched this topic a bit and got the feeling that some digital nomads on reddit or forums are fearmongering so that less people come to drive prices up and compete for pussy. Thai government is making visa runs harder like >>2326200 said but I doubt they'll do anything else. I saw some talk of a vengeful ex reporting someone for illegal work but couldn't find out if anything even happened.
Myself I'm torn between just staying perfectly safe and working only from my place vs. networking a bit with soi web devs at coworking spaces, I never get to do it in my current shithole

>>2326205
I've only been doing autistic amounts of research without going there yet but my likely plan is to do something like:
>Thailand -> Malaysia -> Thailand -> Vietnam -> Thailand -> Whatever
while trying at most one visa (exemption) run in Thailand per stay. I mean actually staying in these countries for a while. Apparently making your travel activity look somewhat touristic should "reset the timer" in terms of Thailand and they usually only deny you if you're doing very obvious visa runs. Only major downside is that you can't get 12 months lease for apartments at great rates. If I love it there I might just pay for a 12 month edu visa for learning the language or Muay Thai
>>
>>2326231
You're giving me some good ideas regarding educational visa. I never thought about that, but Is it possible to get an edu visa just for learning muay thai and language tho? Because I'd love to do just that. And how difficult would it be to get?
>>
Decent thread.

>>2326033
>I've never had a serious job
How are you going to take calls, protect your wrists, print, get mail delivered, have silence when needed, etc?
>>
>>2326211
>For anyone interested about tax stuff, avoid Cambodia. You are considered a tax resident if you are physically in the country for more than 182 days

On paper. There are boomers that stayed there for years on tourist visa without paying tax.
>>
What are you guys using to help with tax? Surely there's some decent software and resources out there to help lighten the burden without paying for accountants.
>>
>>2326245
I think you can even get these at visa mills where no actual education takes place, just as a front to sell you a 1 year visa.
But I only really know for sure that it's possible, common and basically just involves paying money, didn't look into it any deeper than that yet. Maybe someone else knows more. If you end up researching this be careful, there's definitely scams and shitty deals out there like with anything in SEA
>>
>>2326117
Can you work somewhere that's not too big of a time difference?
>>2326228
The libraries I went to in Mexico were ghost towns. Nobody there except for a few school kids. Not much English material but I would read news and use the internet. They were always air conditioned too. Here in the US I read something like 2/3rds of library patrons in my city are homeless people. How did it ever end up like this?
>>2326250
There was some anon who said the tax authorities there just charge you what they feel like and its all subject to "interpretation" anyway if you hire a local attorney of some kind to "negotiate" for you.
>>
Anyone here have experience being a digital nomad using GIS?
>>
>>2326205
Visa runs are not a sure thing. I have heard many stories about people getting knocked back for multiple trips.
>>
>>2326033
Some coworking spaces are more akin to offices for self-employed people, and have none of the faggotry.

>>2326250
And according to one of these boomers, he relayed me 2nd hand some people were getting asked about paying taxes when they left. It can all be avoided if you just pretend you're retired or don't work at all I'm guessing. Those people probably raised some flags, and might have been on business visas.

>>2326324
Gender Identity Stickers? I don't see them being useful outside of California.
>>
>>2326031
Ya boy is headed to Mexico. March, April in Condesa, CDMX, and May in Campeche. Currently February is open too… should I do February in MX or somewhere else? Need to stay within +-2 hrs of EST
>>
>>2326033
I taken every single meeting either at a coffee shop or literally just on a park bench. Coworking is absolutely cringe I can’t even imagine why you would need that. If you need really serious focus time, work in your room, or go to the fucking library. Imagine paying rent to get a fucking power outlet.
>>
>>2326117
>I wfh but have daily meetings so can’t really work from a different country
My guy, I “work from home” and have like 2-3 hours of meetings a day. Just buy headphones. What are you talking about my guy. Stop being a coward and learn to just use your laptop at a park bench.
>>
>>2326151
You must be fucking retarded to even have considered this scam. What are you doing.
>>
>>2326228
>Full of homeless niggers in the USA looking for work or sleeping in the desks.
Brother do you live entirely within /pol/ threads? This isn’t accurate even in the worst US cities.
>>
>>2326460
Nope I was just interested but I wasn’t retarded enough to waste my time doing it, I learned about it form a travel YouTuber that doesn’t get many views or has many subs but lives in Brazil full time, he made a video about how he supports himself while living abroad, and I was just curious because I knew that Youtube wasn’t paying the bills, he also never claimed that its a get rich quick scheme, you just need to spend a lot of time and money and I could both of those resources into better things, but nonetheless it could be an option to some.
>>
>>2326031
>Cashing out in crypto without KYC
XMR/BTC and giftcard/prepaid card exchanges.

Not sure if atomic swaps between btc/xmr are ready yet, but theres quite a few places that let you swap between them without kyc. Then you buy prepaid or gift cards at one of many and growing places, such as https://allark.io/
>>
Why is every place on nomadlist over $1k USD/month? Some of those places are broke as shit, no way the locals are making that much money, what gives?
>>
>>2326484
Nomadlist's algorithm for cost is absolute trash. Make your own assessment. For the rest of metrics it's pretty good.
>>
>>2326484
Some foreigners like to pay extra to get their services in English or to have some kind of perceived minimum standards.
If you're fine with living, eating and commuting like locals you can save quite a lot of money.
>>
File: 1524859473586.gif (3.47 MB, 1851x1330)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB GIF
>>2326031
>Cashing out in crypto without KYC
lmao, good luck with the impending regulations
https://wallet.everest.org/signup-referral/6261D11260
>>
File: 1663243087271119.jpg (173 KB, 1125x832)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>2326593
I fuck you in the ass twink faggot
>>
File: 1656076921723.png (1.68 MB, 1500x2000)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>>2326595
I like Monero, I really do, but good luck with it in the future.
>>
>>2326597
You are a buck broken faggot shilling for assfucking
>>
>>2326484
>Why is every place on nomadlist over $1k USD/month? Some of those places are broke as shit, no way the locals are making that much money, what gives?

Nomadlist caters to western people who want to live a western serviced apartment for $600 - $1000 instead of living in a tiny room for $200 a month like a local.

Nomadlist is for snivelling soft, privileged white people who don't want to eat $2 street food in SEA, they only want to dine in an air conditioned restaurant serving pizza and pasta.
>>
>>2326593
Stop shilling your ref link, fag. Also XMR.
>>
>>2326031
How to skirt tax (as an expat)

- Establish residence in a second country. Change your legal name in the second country and open a bank account. Your first resident country won't know about your income tax in the second country.

- Do NOT store your money or do business with Paypal. They will report you to the government or freeze your account anytime they like

- Store your wealth in crypto including stable coins. Have a third world girlfriend and cash out through her bank account.

- Get paid in crypto-currency. Then "wash" your coins by converting it into Monero (XMR). Then you can convert the XMR into USDT and cash out into fiat.

- Never report or tell the government you own crypto.

- Get paid in Alipay, Skrill or other payment processor then have someone cash it out for you

Remember: if you pay tax, you're a redd*t cuck.
>>
>>2326601
>>2326618
No need to be rude, I'm just trying to help.
https://twitter.com/bobreideverest/status/1569428067181035521
>>
File: raddit.png (97 KB, 1855x458)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
Plebbit /r/digitalnomad is for dumb fags.

Reminder that only post from real experience. No arm chair theories in this thread.
>>
>>2326619
lol you've got a pretty vivid imagination anon
>>
biggest challenge is to stay in a country longterm since most of us faggots can't report a stable income.

I'm in thailand since last year via covid-extension visa. alternatively can get an ED visa.

philippines also easy to stay
paraguay also doesn't give a fuck, for like 4000 usd you can stay.

any anons know other countries that let crypto neets stay without trouble?
>>
>>2326637
>any anons know other countries that let crypto neets stay without trouble?

Cambodia. Mexico. India.

Is it 4K USD to stay per year in Paraguay?
>>
>>2326638
4200 usd for permanent residency. after 3 years you can get the passport. also you can withdraw the 4200 from the bank. really nice scheme but the country itself doesn't really attract me.
>>
>>2326637
You can pay $20K for Thailand elite visa and stay there for 5 years, no visa run.
>>
>>2326620
You are not helping, you are shilling your bags and pretending like the people throwing gay larp satanic orgies are capable of enough coordination to implement a global payment panopticon. Heres a hint, they can't even build a cbdc. Now go fuck off.
>>
>>2326634
Not him but I have a similar set up.

>>2326642
Didn't these get fucked with covid?
>>
>>2326637
Why would you want to stay in the same place all the time if you have other income??

Just move to new country once in a while and the problem disappears
>>
>>2326617
I kinda understand paying for a comfy well located apartment over a mudhut/shitbox but lmao at going to a SEA country to eat shitty overpriced western pasta
>>
>>2326660
I like to have a place where I can setup a comfy neet/gaming/work room, have plants, a big kitchen, a place where I feel like this is my home. travelling is a meme
>>
>>2326660
what this guy said
>>2326674
I like to have a nest I can decorate just a little bit, and use it as my office and base of operations for adventures around the country, and a spot to come back to.

people are very deluded about the visa situation
you just pay money and get an education visa or work visa, and the company running the scam does everything for you
of course the risk is that the scam gets shut down and you get deported, but that almost never happens since people are getting paid

At the moment I am on an education visa in a certain place, I paid $500 and get 1 year without any reporting requirements, just a single picture with the 'staff' of the school. I don't go to classes, I don't do anything. Officially I go to school every week. Thousands and thousands of foreigners are on this scheme.
>>
>>2326205
Georgia gives you 365 tourist visa on arrival
>>
>>2326637
How to stay on Philippines for extended period?
>>
>>2326697
my knowledge is based on internet research

The LSVVE allows a foreign visitor to obtain permission to stay in the country for 6 months. Additional LSVVE visas can be obtained in succession upon expiry, so that a foreign national can stay in the Philippines for up to 16 months. Additionally, with the approval of the Commissioner, a stay of 16 to 24 or 36 months is possible, depending on the nationality of the visitor.

maybe some anons here who can tell us more? PH is on my list for possible relocation, even if it's a shithole and full of losers and fat boomers.
>>
>>2326649
you dont know what you're talking about
>>
>>2326697
just renew your visa exemption
you can do that for like 3 years, before you have to leave for a week and come back
visa is a joke in ph
>>
>>2326682
your 1 year for $500 scheme is in Thailand? Do they limit the amount of these visas you can get in your lifetime or can you keep rotating different learning topics lol
>>
>>2326729
dunno but a few guys I know have been doing it for years
its suggested to mix it up a little bit, IE go to a new service or new school, or go to muay thai school

thai's don't seem to care as long as they are getting their pound of flesh from you
>>
>>2326731
Makes sense, muay thai isn't something you learn once during 1 year, you could train forever. Easier sell than pretending to learn Thai for 10 years.
Does an edu visa where you genuinely end up learning the language or Muay Thai once-twice per week (optimally in Bangkok) cost a lot compared to the bullshit one?
>>
>>2326617
Best of both worlds is what I do
>get a nice AirBnB for $1000 a month in Mexico/SA
>centrally located right in all the beauty of an old neighborhood
>in a historic walk-up apartment or a spare carriage home behind a colonial mansion
>eat and dine like a local
>go back to my nice apartment
>>
>>2326726
visa exemption is 1 month for me, it's possible to renew it every month without border hopping?
>>
>>2326722
I do know what I'm talking about.

I buy and sell XMR and BTC with ZERO kyc Every. Day. you shitlicker. There is a FUCKLOAD of p2p liquidity and it only grows every day. Now go get your microchip and your daily estrogen pills, xir. I'll be chilling in my flat paid through fiat I got through moneygram.

You know SHIT do you realize how many fucking payment channels there are? Do you realize the same government you are shilling for with this kyc regulations company could not even manage a fucking website? Let alone a cbdc, let alone a monolithic population control cbdc.

I am fucking tired of you bagholding loose asshole shills, and I will just copypasta this message every time I encounter another one of you subhumans
>>
>>2326682
How do you go about finding something like this? Is it uncouth to just ask people?
>>
>>2326749
extend
>>
File: 1643556052904.jpg (2.93 MB, 1488x1496)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB JPG
>>2326805
your idealism is nice but it is misplaced
good luck though
>>
File: FbDZ-ZIUcAE0Qwg.jpg (95 KB, 680x647)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>2327055
buy and sell XMR and BTC with ZERO kyc Every. Day. you shitlicker. There is a FUCKLOAD of p2p liquidity and it only grows every day. Now go get your microchip and your daily estrogen pills, xir. I'll be chilling in my flat paid through fiat I got through moneygram.

You know SHIT do you realize how many fucking payment channels there are? Do you realize the same government you are shilling for with this kyc regulations company could not even manage a fucking website? Let alone a cbdc, let alone a monolithic population control cbdc.

I am fucking tired of you bagholding loose asshole shills, and I will just copypasta this message every time I encounter another one of you subhumans
>>
>>2326460
Obvious from reading it that he’s underaged.
>>
>>2326261
Happens in Canada all the time. Every time you see an Indian trucker on the road under the age of 40, that’s exactly how they got here.
>>
File: covergn.jpg (67 KB, 800x450)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>2326031
>Hello fellow digital nomads.
>No retarded homo redd*tors allowed. Haha.

>Lets talk about:

>- How you are legally skirting the tax system
>- Cashing out in crypto without KYC
>- The best place to buy the best hash
>- How to source weapons

> Any suggestions guys? Fellow DIGITAL NOMADS?? You can trust me, what's your home address? You can tell me anything.
>>
>>2327141
Yeah one of those points it not like the others lmao
>>
>>2327141
Why yes, you are a glowie. People SHOULD discuss how to avoid paying into your evil system. No they SHOULD NOT discuss personal details. It is very simple.

Now get back to slaving away in your sweaty office, shill
>>
File: 1643960011781.gif (673 KB, 777x688)
673 KB
673 KB GIF
>>2327086
>buy and sell XMR and BTC with ZERO kyc Every. Day.
It will be legally impossible to do this with zero kyc soon, zkp kyc is the future
>you shitlicker
ad hominem
>There is a FUCKLOAD of p2p liquidity and it only grows every day.
This liquidity will dry up as people will not want to be treated like North Korean banks, ISIS terrorists etc (yes I know those are all controlled opposition by the same glows running everything else)
>go get your microchip and your daily estrogen pills, xir
ad hominem, I dont support that shit
>I'll be chilling in my flat paid through fiat I got through moneygram.
Moneygram won't want to touch non-compliant crypto, just like every other entity that will comply with regulations
>do you realize how many fucking payment channels there are?
Yes, and all of them will comply with regulations or cease to exist
>Do you realize the same government you are shilling for
I'm not shilling for a gov, I'm sharing a solution that will allow you to profit and retain your privacy when regulations hit. The regulations will be from all govs and jurisdictions world wide.
>cbdc
CBDCs will be a thing by 2030, I dont like it either but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand
The rest of your pasta is more ad hominem bullshit, if you want to address the points I've made, feel free. I'm just trying to help other anons. This is how I am able to digital nomad. Thanks, I still appreciate your idealism but disagree with your rudeness.
>>
>>2326637
>any anons know other countries that let crypto neets stay without trouble?

If you're a crypto neet from the first world, many countries allow you to stay 3 months on a tourist visa such as: Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Cambodia, Thailand, Taiwan, Hong Kong. etc. First world passport holder you can live for 3 months without a problem. You can choose 4 countries and just rotate every 3 months.
>>
>>2326726
>visa is a joke in ph

cuz the country is a joke, tourists dont go there, pinays try to escape and work abroad. Manila, Cebu depressing shithole
>>
>>2326211
>You are considered a tax resident if you are physically in the country for more than 182 days
So like any other country?
>>
>>2327210
Nice bait.
>>
>>2327211
Are you retarded or just not aware? Yes you become a tax resident of a country after staying here for half a year. This applies to EVERY country. The only exceptions are special agreements between countries.
>>
>>2327214
>Yes you become a tax resident of a country after staying here for half a year. This applies to EVERY country.

In theory. Third world shit holes don't care, there's boomers that stay in Phillies or Cambodia or Slavic shitholes without paying tax. Again, keep your arm chair theory to yourself. This thread is about REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE (TM)
>>
>>2327215
The fuck is this strawman? Tax evasion is same in every country 3rd world or not. Don't be retard and you won't get cought. Doesn't mean Columbia is the only country where you become tax resident after half a year ffs.
>>
>>2327215
Fuck meant Cambodia I'm phone posting.
>>
>>2327202
>It will be legally impossible
They cant stop physical drug shipments. Do not have the resources to stop especially small time players. You think that they will be able to for something as ephemeral as a payment system?

>This liquidity will dry up as people will not want to be treated like North Korean banks, ISIS terrorists etc
See above

>yes I know those are all controlled opposition
Demoralization shill. Just eat your bugs goy we control everything.

>Moneygram won't want to touch non-compliant crypto, just like every other entity that will comply with regulations
Youre a moron. An individual sent me fiat via moneygram after a transaction confirmation. Not a fucking company.

Money laundering always has and always will exist. It will in fact get easier and not harder. You are both a moron and a demoralized shill. Go get your asshole plugged
>>
>>2327217
Go be reddit somewhere else, fag. Maybe travel somewhere out of your mom's basement so you know how the real world works.
>>
>>2327222
Lmao retard I'm literally posting from the line to Pompei. Go educate yourself before you get in the prison.
>>
File: 1641848388480.png (814 KB, 777x722)
814 KB
814 KB PNG
>>2327220
I dont know why you're arguing with me and being rude.
>You think that they will be able to for something as ephemeral as a payment system?
yes? depends what you mean by stop, really - there will be two markets in defi, a regulated one, and a black one that most people won't touch.
>An individual sent me fiat via moneygram
You need to dox yourself for this, the solution I'm posting about is a superior version of this done through zero knowledge proofs
I don't think you realise that we are on the same side, it seems like you just want to get angry at what is going to happen, rather than prepare for it.
>>
File: 7760146291496.jpg (66 KB, 680x447)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>2326031
>DIGITAL GOMAD
>>
>>2327234
I will only go mad if I have to go back to wagie slavery.
>>
>>2327224
third worlds don't jail you for tax residency, you can bribe them off, retard. most third worlds are too retard and lack manpower to enforce tax residency on tourists. fear not, plebbit child, I'll bestow wisdom on you. You write like an American cuck that fear that tax man
>>
>>2327235
newfag
>>
>>2327234
you have to live it
>>
>>2326252
Just pay for an accountant. Its worth it.
T. 150k last year
>>
>>2327226
Here's a hint: you're a bagholding shill for a gay regulations compliance company.

>there will be two markets in defi
This is already true. They will leak into each other, it is impossible to have an airtight system. This isn't some theoretical database in a vacuum, people will always make handshake deals.

>You need to dox yourself for this
You don't know how ignorant you are, do you

>we are on the same side
We are not, thou shill for shiddy kyc bagholder.
>>
>>2327226
I haven't really been following the discussion between you two, but XMR is the only game in town for buying and selling drugs. You would be an absolute fool to sell drugs through any other currency. As such, there is already a micro-economy with XMR as the medium of exchange. You grow corn and sell it for dollars, you grow weed and sell it for XMR. In some absurd scenario where there is no fiat offramp for XMR in your country, which just isn't how fiat works, you can cash out by buying drugs for cash resale, stolen property, untaxed cigarettes, fake luxury items, etc. To kill XMR, you would need to kill the black market itself.
>>
>>2326205
Russia is 3 years for Americans but you have to leave once every six months for at least one night.
>>
>>2327266
>You don't know how ignorant you are, do you
Explain how receiving fiat in an account doesn't involve divulging personal information
>>2327268
I'm not advocating using crypto for illegal purposes, I'm wishing anybody who wants to use something like xmr for anything other than that purpose in the future good luck.
>>
I live in Andorra, have a limited company here.

Was planning to be nomadic but first year and difficult to get to 183 days required.

I do interim consulting to european clients.

Taxes are 800 euro flat up to 42k euro, after this 10% on everything, health care contribution is mandatory 450 euros

Moved from Swedistan. Can answer questions if you want
>>
>>2327386
>Explain how receiving fiat in an account doesn't involve divulging personal information
Its called knowing your shit, and doing things under the table. Which you are incapable of, so you shill the kyc bags you hold instead like the cuck you are
>>
>>2326637
Im a crypto neet, early link investor from /biz/.

just landed a one year visa for brazil.
>>
>>2326033
>>2326458
If you work out of a fucking cafe or library you are a poverty stricken begpacker without an actual job not a nomad.
I pay $120 a month for a 24/7 dedicated desk, there's 100 young qt asian lasses in miniskirts working in the same office, I've dated two of them.
Meeting rooms for free use, printing, comfy chairs, parking in the city and personal space away from other cunts to do work in peace.
Only a larper would pretend they aren't 100% superior to working anywhere else overseas, you cunts are just terrified that someone will ask what you do for a job so sit alone in a fucking cafe being stingy poorfags annoying the staff. Or a library without proper chairs like a homeless person. ffs git gud and fuck off out the thread until you do
> work in your room
can't even afford a fucking spare room while living in the cheapest countries on Earth
utterly pathetic
>>
>>2327214
That's not how it works at all. On a tourist visa they won't grant you tax residency because you aren't legally allowed to work and your home country will ask what country you paid tax in anyway, that's the one you have to worry about.
The fucking idiocy in this thread is astounding. Good luck in a few years trying to prove you're a tax resident simply for living somewhere, they'll laugh on your face.
Even worse if you are a US citizen because they don't give a shit and you still have to file and submit your tax return from the other country to get the double taxation exemption.
Underage dumbcunts shitting up this thread without a clue, get a proper visa if you want tax residence, there's no way it to get it on a tourist visa.
>>
>>2327718
I didn't even bother answering to that faggot because of his peak dunning-kruger.
>>
What do you guys do and how do I achieve similar results?
>>
File: 335221.jpg (52 KB, 690x698)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
I highly doubt there are any actual digital nomads in this thread. What do you do that allows you to work anywhere in the world?
>>
>>2327214
Stop shitting the thread with your arm chair theory. Staying 6 months on a tourist visa doesn't mean you have tax residency. Boomers live in Thailand for years doing border runs don't pay tax. Go back go plebbit you faggot
>>
>>2327739
Writing gigs, coding, crypto neet (staking), affiliate marketing, drop shipping meme
>>
>>2327715
Oh you need a desk to type on a laptop, aren't you a little special snowflake. You have a little zoom meeting you have to attend, Chud? Can't work with a bit of noise? The point of remote work is you get to work anywhere and not chain yourself to another desk
>>
>>2327743
only really good coders get to be digital nomads
>>
File: e9f.png (1.1 MB, 680x823)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>2327725
I've worked remotely overseas since 2018.
Trust me when I say you're a naive idiot if you think you go to another country on a tourist visa and suddenly not pay tax, even before remote working was common this is fucking dumb because eventually they are going to ask what country you are a tax resident of, you tell them Thailand and they instantly get a report saying you never filed a tax return in Thailand.
Good luck with it, don't ever pretend you weren't told. Getting a proper visa is a piece of piss and all the money you save by using tourist visas instead will be wasted twice over on border runs.

>>2327744
> Can't work with a bit of noise?
No not at all, I like peace and quiet because I actually have a real job, I like meeting rooms all to myself where I can discuss business without screaming children and the sounds of people cleaning dishes.
You are in here calling cunts reddit when really all this shit you are spouting is peak r/digitalnomad: "work from anywhere" "sit on the beach with your laptop" "why pay for a desk when you can sit in a cafe for 8 hours"
It's completely unreal and zoomer instagram nonsense, no one who works permanently overseas does this stuff, they have an office to go to everyday and proper monitors they can plug into along with meeting rooms. They can leave their laptop and go eat lunch without thinking twice. You on the otherhand are probably going to get it stolen by a fucking Gringo in Mexico when you take a piss while larping 200kms from your parents house for a week at a time.
You don't have the slightest fucking clue nor do you work full time and it's so painfully obvious to anyone looking.
>>
File: 1658185764714758.png (242 KB, 600x899)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
>>2327749
>they are going to ask what country you are a tax resident of
Get paid directly in crypto. Sinple as.
>>
>>2327715
Are you really bragging about paying for voluntarily office slavery?
>>
>>2327749
>You don't have the slightest fucking clue nor do you work full time and it's so painfully obvious to anyone looking.
You got me here. I work 2-4 hours a day but track 8 hours so spending time getting dressed and going into office doesn't even make any sense to me. Congrats on your REAL job wagie.
>>
>>2327715
> 24/7 dedicated desk, there's 100 young qt asian lasses in miniskirts working in the same office, I've dated two of them.
Which city?
>>
>>2327749
>I've worked remotely overseas since 2018[...]
And have no reading comprehension. I was clearly on your side there.
>>
>>2327749
>Trust me when I say you're a naive idiot if you think you go to another country on a tourist visa and suddenly not pay tax

You pay tax in your country of residence, not in the country that you're on a tourism visa, you dumb Caucasian plebbit chud. You pay tax SOMEWHERE but NOT in the 3rd world shithole that you're in. You think the Napalese government gonna ask for your tax returns? LOL
>>
File: 1647959079366.png (797 KB, 823x466)
797 KB
797 KB PNG
>>2327715
>paying $120 a month for a desk
>bragging about dating SEA monkeys

Tell me you're a dysgenics Caucasian chud without telling me you're a dysgenics Caucasian chud.

You're a pathetic wagie that has to pay for his own wagie desk LOL
>>
File: BHfzhLj.jpg (83 KB, 640x1379)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>2327749
t. working remotely overseas since 2018. I pay $120 monthly for a co-working space desk, have dated 2 SEA monkeys and I code your apps.
>>
File: 1631650106040.jpg (37 KB, 485x632)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2327760
KL, it's comfy as fuck.
I'd recommend Da Nang and Penang too but they are smaller cities and you will need your own transport. Did the whole Chiang Mai/ Bangkok thing for a bit but Thailand does your head in after a while, it's a retarded country, also the pollution in CM is unbearable 3 months a year.
Was drinking/smoking buds in bars way too much every day in Da Nang with all the English teachers and jaded boomers, it reached a point were I left solely for health reasons, too many bad influences that I couldn't resist.
>>2327754
I make $130k and enjoy my work/the people I work with, not sure what you do but good luck with FIRE, cause I'd be bored out of my mind and drink myself to death not working a job. Maybe neet life suits some people more than others, I'd go fucking insane personally.
>>2327778
The exact quote i was responding too:
>Yes you become a tax resident of a country after staying here for half a year. This applies to EVERY country.
And now you whip out:
> You pay tax in your country of residence, not in the country that you're on a tourism visa, you dumb Caucasian plebbit chud.
Make up your mind mate.
Also are you trying to use Caucasian as a slur? I could put on 40kg and still get more tinder swipes than you monkes haha.
Maybe you should go slutshame the sarong party girls into not sleeping with white guys but I doubt it will work :)
>>2327784
I have more facial and head hair, but just as bad fashion sense so it's close, I'll give you that.
>>
>>2327796
>Also are you trying to use Caucasian as a slur? I could put on 40kg and still get more tinder swipes than you

Is that why white women are lining up to suck off and get fucked by black men? You need to escape to Asia to feel desirable by women, chud.
>>
>>2327796
What do you like about ML? How is the dating over there. The visa situation is easy.
>>
>>2327796
hello sir. r u a coder ...?
>>
>>2327483
How's life in Andorra?
>>
File: 9ln3okt6lsn91.png (39 KB, 940x470)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>2327803
Visa is 3 months at a time for tourists, never had any problems doing runs, but had some friends that have been harassed after a few times, go away for more than a few days each time and don't dress like a fucking bum you'll be right.
They've also got a 12 month tech visa if you work in IT and have been talking about a DN visa to compete with Thailand but who knows if that will happen.
Not gonna lie, dating is far harder overall than most SEA countries. You can find a few Malay women on tinder and bumble looking to slut it quietly up on the side but its technically illegal for them to fuck you and you have to become a muslim if you ever want to marry them, there's literal morality police that hunt down muslims having sex before marriage, remember this is 60% of the female population. Many seem to get off on the illicit thrill of it, a bunch will only do anal to "save" themselves for marriage.

The chinese lasses are topnotch looks wise but chased by every male in the country and as such are generally quite demanding, they know their worth.
Indian women are probably the most compatible for a western guy culturally but it's hit or miss with looks, they are either stunning or terrible, there seems to be no in-between.
It's a conservative country overall, Malaysia has one of the highest ages for virginity on Earth, you are probably going to have to put in more effort compared to everywhere else in the region but the women are superior, all of them speak English well and not whorish tatted up gold diggers like in Thailand so I guess there's that. If it wasn't for the whole convert to Islam thing I'd snap up a trad ethnic Malay lass tomorrow, but otherwise the chinks and pajeetas are good enough.
>>
>>2327834
>its technically illegal for them to fuck you
As a foreigner do you risk anything serious at all by fucking them (in KL, not some village) if you're smart and keep quiet about it? The variety of 3 distinct races and the forbidden aspect of banging muslims seem amazing for a coomer like me, but if there's any chance of getting stoned, imprisoned or roughed up for a hookup then maybe I should stick to Thai tattoo sluts. I definitely couldn't restrict myself to only Chinese and Indians if I'm actually there and Malays started matching with me on Tinder
>>
>>2327829

quiet except for traffic. easy to meet new friendly people.

+ taxes
+ skiing
+ nature
+ safe
+ friendly

- far to airport
- not easy to do errands, not much online
- nothing happens spring/autumn

when combined with barcelona, that nullifies all negatives I think it is god tier
>>
>>2327834
Sounds like a worse version of Singapore in which the only benefit is that it's cheaper. Anything else KL has over SG?
>>
Does anyone know if remote teaching at university level is gonna be a thing?
I'm gonna finish my PhD in STEM next year and I'm still not sure if I wanna stay in research. I hate dealing with literature (80 % is shit) and I absolutely hate the struggle with funding, grant proposals and, most importantly, "publish or perish". But I figured I love teaching and my seminars gained a good reputation. I'd like to do some kind of remote teaching at university level for half a year after graduation until I and figure out if I really want to do some kind of postdoc or something else entirely.
I have the basic equipment to get started (half-decent mic and webcam, and an entry-level drawing pad) and upgrades aren't that expensive. I also have the option of staying in the countryside of Mongolia with my gf for some time. Marriage is an option.

Good idea or nah?
>>
>>2327562
You are being very angry and unhelpful in a thread for helping anons to digital nomad. I don't see how it's possible to receive fiat in an account without divulging some sort of information either online or physically in person. I don't need to shill any bags, this is Chainlink all over again, it doesn't require market speculation.
>>
>>2328309
What's the internet access like in rural Mongolia?
>>
>>2327483
>>2327879
I have a friend who has citizenship there (I live in the US) from his father or something but grew up in Spain. He speaks very fondly of Andorra but says it was better 15 years ago when prices and rents there were a lot lower and taxes were almost nothing.
>>
>>2328341
Dunno yet, I'll be going there for vacation in two weeks and test the waters. With the way that the world has more and more access to the internet, I suppose it will be enough for 720p but nothing super crazy.
>>
Why people are so obsessed with tax evasion? Unless you're making tons of money (by third-world standards) you will pay only 20-30% of taxes in the west. If you try to launder it through crypto you will lose at least 5-10% in transaction fees and it will limit your earnings since not everyone can pay to you in crypto, not worth it
If you are making tons of money then just open a company in some tax haven like Singapore

P.S. Boomers living abroad usually DO pay taxes on their pensions, either to their own country or to country of residence
>>
>>2328439
>Why people are so obsessed with tax evasion?

Because it's a matter of principle. Remember America was found on tax revolt.

>why don't people just kneel down and suck cocks for free?
>>
>>2328439
>Why people are so obsessed with tax evasion?
Because ME and because I WANT. Boomer mindset.
It's an anglo thing, mostly.
>it will limit your earnings since not everyone can pay to you in crypto
Not necessarily. I would argue that most companies that are willing to pay you in crypto are young companies and startups. Most will vanish within the first five years, but you can always hop. It might mean that you will not have a steady job for a long time, but you could always go legal once you made enough money on the side, I suppose.
The problem that I'm seeing with this, much rather, is that you have to keep hopping jobs while constantly being on your feet with crypto before your favorite exchange/currency decides to cooperate with The Man. That sounds like a lot more "work after work" and a lower wage per hour.
But that's the five cents of someone who is just lurking.
>>
>>2328445
But you don't have any problems paying huge transfer fees to various brokers?
>>
>>2328445
>>2328445
>>Why people are so obsessed with tax evasion?
>Because it's a matter of principle. Remember America was found on tax revolt.
You don’t get what he said. There’s tax evasion (illegal, complicated, risky) and there is tax reduction (legal, simple, risk-free). Why obsess over evasion when it will only save a few % compared to just opening a company and paying tax in a low tax country like Singapore?
>>
>>2327834
I did a couple of visa runs while living in Penang. Both times the Malay guys at immigration were busy playing games on their phones when I came through so they didn't care about me.

Agree with you on the dating scene in KL. Prefer the Chinese girls but always end up fucking Malay girls. Last time I was there a Malay girl told me that she wouldn't get pregnant because she washed my cum out of her when she got home.

Food in KL is great too.
>>
>>2328360
>streaming
>on a MN connection
You better download what you want to stream before you head there, even better just enjoy nature instead.
>>
>>2327888
KL fags on suicide watch after this post
>>
Is it possible to live as a digital nomad with a family, or is this livestyle only possible as long as you are a single?
>>
>>2327746
Why? As long as you can WFH, you can be a digital nomad. Just don't tell your employer
>>
>>2328554
family life requires deep rooting
>>
Met some travellers in SEA and was so inspired, what is my quickest segway into this? Cyber security? Python?

35 year old factory worker that has to retrain
>>
>>2328571
Hi Tight Thai Teen poster, how time no see. How is life in America working in the factory/
>>
>>2328568
So no?
>>
>>2328571
Crypto/web3 will have far and away the most remote work positions in the next few years, just due to the nature of the business.

If you have a logical mind, learn programming. Start with some github guide. Then join crypto groups online on discord/matrix/twitter/tg etc, and network. Don't be annoying but ask questions, people will give advice
>>
>>2328517
I'll bring a handful of books and my running shoes. I haven't been a tv show guy in ages, last show I bingewatched was fucking Archer.
>>
>>2328554
It would be way more expensive.
>>
>>2328577
would you recommend going web3 to a current remote "web2" dev who's paid ok but has to grind out boring dead-end shit for smaller clients? Can I get better pay and remote job availability reasonably quick?
On one hand I already know node/react and have fucked around with ethers.js for fun, on the other I am already overexposed to crypto through all my /biz/ activity which makes it seem risky
>>
>>2328609
I'm not sure on the pay front, may be competitive may not be. Remote work yes, for sure.

Do more than just eth ecosystem. It's a big world out there.

I am not one to talk to about risk management. I am an idealist.
>>
>>2328309
Consider timezones, and a proper internet connection to stream your class. There are other factors to take in account like electricity going out for no reason, internet stops working for a few hours, noise from your neighbour's chickens, etc. You might be able to remotely teach, specially considering there are online-only universities (at least where I'm from), but you might also have some horrible delay to your students at the other part of the world.

>>2328554
I have met multiple families personally and have no clue how they managed. Kids in online schools, parents taking care of them in turns, one goes to work at the co-working/coffee shop and the other one stays with the kids while they study while they're also working. Seems like a nightmare to me but they didn't seem unhappy. I'm sure the kids would want to make friends and all that but I suppose being like that for a year or two wouldn't hurt them too much, I think kids were aged 6-12 on all families.

>>2328571
Do you have no experience whatsoever? The easiest path is becoming a webdev but you will have to be better than those 3rd worlders that work for peanuts, which requires more than a 3 month bootcamp.
>>
>>2328346

That's cool. In comparison to the Andorra QoL EU gets completely mogged, but yeah Andorra was probably even better before. Difference is now you can live there and earn a swiss/norwegian consulting fee
>>
>>2328707
>I have met multiple families personally and have no clue how they managed.
Home schooling, usually for 2-3 years before settling back in their home countries again.
If the kids are of preschool or early elementary age then they can cope well by making new play friends wherever they go and school-wise they won't be left behind much.
>>
File: 1660510598206528.gif (1.01 MB, 390x390)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB GIF
>>2328556
i take it you're one of the people who thinks if they just connect thru a VPN or buy a vpn router and have it at someones house they'll be ok? lmao
>>
>>2328723
What I meant is how they managed to not off themselves having to take their kids everywhere.
>>
>>2326634
i literally do this (rather something very very very similar to this) but i had the adventage of being born in a third world country with a powerful passport so it facilitated the early steps
taxes are a myth
>>
>>2327715
>Bragging about paying for a desk
Anon...there is a reason everyone is talking shit about you. You're fucking retarded. Imagine working an at home only to STILL walk to an office. This is what years of working a wagie job does to a motherfucker
>>
>>2328309
>Does anyone know if remote teaching at university level is gonna be a thing?
it already is a thing. it's what i do, sometimes. it will probably remain so for some subjects, others will be classroom based. i have started getting requests for onsite courses again now but still the majority is online.
you will also need a subscription to ms teams/zoom/webex or similar- sometimes the university/whatever will pay for it, sometimes they expect you to have your own. the other main considerations are how you are planning to host any material e.g. ebooks and so on, and if you are teaching STEM subjects, how you are going to manage the audience's software installations etc. there is always some utter fucknut who can't make a folder and can't work out how to install things without completely fucking it up, some apple fanboy who insists on reminding you that they have a mac every fucking time you mention a keyboard shortcut, etc etc etc etc
>>2328707
>noise from your neighbour's chickens, etc
this kind of thing is less of a problem than you might think. zoom etc have excellent noise cancellation built in. i have done courses while there was some construction going on nearby, and during thunderstorms etc, and the audience have been oblivious. however it is not designed to cancel out speech e.g. people yapping loudly at nearby tables so you will need an uninterrupted place to work
>>
>>2328951
Yes, I am one of those people. Care to explain why I am wrong?
>>
>>2328723
Guess that only works for US citizens then
In my country (Germany), school is mandatory
>>
>>2329061
Not if you don't reside in Germany.
>>2329060
Your IP address isn't the only feature that can be used to identify your location.
If your employer doesn't want you to work from abroad and they are actually competent then keeping up the ruse might be increasingly difficult.
>>
I got a flip gf and we just cash out our gains through her Binance or CDC card. Nobody in her country is going to bother looking her transactions and their tax authorities have so little resources and far bigger fish to fry. Almost nobody pays their due tax here either way.
>>
>>2329064
What other features can be used to identify my location?
>>
>>2329067
This anon knows the tricks.

Fuck American faggots that is scared of the tax man, I bet they are white chuds. Blacks and Mexicans don't bother paying tax.
>>
>>2329067
How long have you been living in Philippines anon? Is life good in BCG / Cebu?
>>
>>2329078
White American nerds are terrified of the tax man, even when living over seas. While wet backs in America never paid tax in their lives. The hilarity. The brave shall inherit the earth.
>>
>>2328951
Nobody checks unless you work at pentagon or some shit, dumb larper. I don't even use VPN.
>>
>>2329078
>>2329080
Because the government actually comes after whitey
>>
>>2329071
Various kind of bossware installed on your work devices can track geographic location independent from the internet connection used, especially on phones.
You need to have some plans for the case when your company wants to send you physical items, e.g. new work devices or authentication tokens, especially if they also expect things to be returned by mail.

If you don't pay attention you can easily expose yourself as living somewhere else:
>daylight situation that doesn't match up with supposed time zone on video calls
>background noises that don't match supposed location during meetings
>ignorance of events happening in your supposed location, especially mundane things such as weather or local events
>computer and phones being configured to a different location, e.g. (alarm) clock, dark modes
or web sites

Again, most employers can be fooled with basic steps, but if you work remotely for anything with more than basic security or you have pissed off the people in charge you should be careful.
>>
>>2328309
>remote teaching at university level
universities in the UK at least, are moving towards delivering recorded content instead of in classroom lectures. i.e. the plan is going to be year 1 teach in a lecture hall and record it. year 2 onwards, lectures are VOD offered on a timetable.
initially obviously not possible for all departments and topics and there must be additional Live face-to-face portions too.

this is what the principals have decided to work towards as it means that you can have a catalogue of previous classes which you can offer and do not need high numbers of enrolment to make it viable as the lecturers time can be spend on face-to-face portions as less teaching hours are needed.
>>
>>2329079
I only live there on and off. BGC is cool for Westerners though expensive. Haven’t been too much to Cebu to give an opinion, but it’s far cheaper.
I’m more of an outdoor person so I love the provinces which we visit often.
>>
>>2326031
I have an apartment in a mountain town in Serbia. That's my base with all my stuff. I stay there about 5 months out of the year - spring and fall months. Never more than 6 months in a year. I could easily get residency owning a property, but I don't want it; don't want to fly above the radar. I've taken most of my money out of banks and put it into crypto that I access with my crypto debit card. Banks are harassing me with questions. I just had to shut one down in Croatia for asking too many questions. You don't need a bank unless you're buying/selling real estate. Everything else works with crypto with no fucking questions asked. Banks have been a constant stress for a long time and I'm sick of them and Suzie fucking (Ms. No) teller judging my lifestyle and sizing me up whenever I'm forced into a branch to do something... I spend the winter and summers in warm high season locations to be around tourists - the fucking herd. I like them when they're on vacation because they're out of their daily rut and usually on their best behavior. They're always safe to be around except when they get drunk. I don't go out at night because of this. Also, the tourist women (wives/gfs/sisters) let their inner sluts out when they're away from home. They're fun. The guys are fucking boring, always asking the same stupid questions trying to qualify me. But these tourist zones are always better than any working city with beggars and stressed out locals and drunks/addicts. KEEP MOVING! 3 months here and there - back to base, then back out again. It's nice.
>>
>>2329292
Very based. I plan on doing similar soon.

How do you approach passport and citizenship issues? It looks like it's 100k or so to get a shiddy Caribbean passport, but I would like something good. My best option would be singapore if not for me not wanting to live in that city for so long to obtain citizenship.
>>
File: 1517882362362.jpg (30 KB, 720x718)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>digital nomad
if you want to live in an Asian country or whatever, why not just get a job there? e.g. working for an international company. then you can have a normal visa, normal stable life, normal long-term friends and acquaintances
>>
>>2329305
It's worth it, good luck!

I have US and St Kitts passports. Getting St Kitts was a big expense and year of red-tape that I didn't expect. But it was worth it at the time. But I'm not sure I need it anymore. The trick back then was avoiding FATCA and the St Kitts passport didn't list place of birth. But now they do, so for banking it's not that great anymore. If you're a US citizen I think it's fine just to roll with that passport and save your money... Avoiding the residency issue is just a matter of keeping moving - 90 days out and you get 90 days back in, in most countries. Take the money you'd spend on a second passport and buy an apartment in a second country/base. Maybe.
>>
>>2329292
inspirational
>>2329314
wagecage? lmao dude
>>
>>2329319
>wagecage? lmao dude
I hope you realize that the world isn't like 2019 any more.

I work a "wagecage" job and I go to the office literally once a week. the rest of the week I work from random cafes around the city or from home
>>
>>2329292
do you speak serbian or do people have basic english skills around there?
>>
>>2329318
What would you recommend to US citizens? Park assets in a South Dakota holding company? Physically living in a low tax US jurisdiction?
>>
File: 1663667883598709.png (1.12 MB, 731x1280)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>2329318
I worry about the insanity of the USG and suspect they might issue a citizens recall or other controlling dystopian shit. I would love to have another passport in that case, so that I can drop my citizenship and stay in a country that is hard for the feds to get their greasy fingers in if need be.
>>
>>2329323
My advice is to have a Plan B in case you need to GTFO. The US, imo, is teetering. I think very bad things could happen if it goes into hyperinflation. I'd recommend putting at least a year's worth of expenses into a cold storage (Ledger Nano) crypto wallet and just leave it there in USDC just in case. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting paranoid with what I'm seeing, so take this with a gain of salt - have somewhere to go do (a bug out plan) in case the trucks stop rolling. That can be anywhere in the world, but it should be at altitude (safe from the zombies ;-). Joking not joking.
>>
>>2329327
That's peace of mind is worth it.
>>
>>2329328
>worries about hyperinflation
>suggests to store value in USDC
Failed both /biz/ and /pol/ and now have to till the small boards, eh?
>>
>>2329331
What else are you going to put it in, XRP? Maybe that's better, actually. But don't feel like gambling. Send the USDC to your debit card and buy what you need. Or do anything else. I don't care;-) !!!
>>
>>2329334
Probably a more diversified portfolio with the crypto parts being fiat-backed stablecoins and crypto-backed stablecoins.
>>
>>2329339
Sounds good to me. But for now I don't think the bottom is in, so I can't recommend any investments. Although I do hold XRP.
>>
>>2329060
then your company must not actually care where you work from or your one of those instagram digital nomad larpers.
>>2329097
absolutely false
>>
>>2329334
> What else are you going to put it in
The tightest asian and southern euro lasses I can find
>>
>>2326462
As an american this is accurate. I grew up near a public library where I would go all the time to read naruto and I was harassed by them every time. It kind of desensitized me to them. They aren’t trying to hurt you they are just mentally ill and want you to listen to their schizo ranting.
>>
>>2329378
I lived in a shitty part of Texas and I always saw bums around the library. Actually stopped going because of them. I never saw bums in the nice library in New Mexico though.
I did see some bums in a library in Japan.
>>
>>2328458
look m8, i said fuck the queen, and im good and glad she done got herself did in
>>
>>2328571
CS degree, about 4 years, maybe 2 if you already have a degree.

why would they hire you remote over poojeet unless you have a CS degree from usa
>>
>>2328571
are u a coomer anon
>>
>>2329573
is anyone here NOT a coomer? this board is straight up disgusting. Fucking horndogs.
>>
>>2329292
Live out of 1 bag pack. You wouldn't even need a home base for your stuff.

r/onebag for packing advice
>>
>>2329715
I can afford checked luggage so I don't need to look like a begpacker or - may Allah forgive me for uttering this word - a redditor.
>>
>>2326664
>a comfy well located apartment
What's the best way to find this? I was thinking traveling around spending like 1-3 months in each country, or as long as I can get on a tourist visa. I can't live in hostels that long, I'd go insane. I want an apartment with my own room and bathroom at the very least. Should I rent from AirBNB or are those all ripoffs? Or is it better to just go to the country first, stay in a hotel/hostel the first night, and then find something locally?
>>
>>2329067
>our gains
>>
So are we still on the agreement that everyone who says "LE JUST VPN DOOD" or "DOOD HOME NETWORK VPN" are just larper fags?
>>
>>2329967
The advantage of looking for a monthly apartment after arriving is that even if you end up paying the same amount as a comparable Airbnb you still had the chance to see the apartment in person before committing.
>>
>>2329988
The advice works out for companies that only care about their worker locations on paper.
>>
>>2330095
almost every company cares where you are
>>
>>2330097
No, in low-security sectors there are many companies that don't care as long as you perform well and they have plausible deniability about where you actually work.
>>
>>2330104
low security? like tier 1 help desk lmao. or customer service answering calls.
>>
>>2330108
More like anything that isn't finance/military at a grade that could be nearshored, offshored or outsourced to contractors.
>>
>>2330111
idk man you kinda sound like one of those shilling IG pages that claim you can travel anywhere and work remote.
>>
>>2330108
Why are you calling other larpers when you clearly never worked in software development?
>>
>>2330151
Nigger. I said the only people who get true work from anywhere jobs are good coders. said it right here >>2327746
>>
>>2330159
I'm a pretty shit coder, got a remote job paying about the US national average for a programmer working full stack after NEETing for years with zero work experience after college. You don't know shit about anything. And no, they don't give a fuck about where I am, I'm pretty open about my travels, I just use my parents' address in America for all red tape and nobody gives a shit. Quit spreading FUD asshole
>>
>>2330759
>im a pretty shit coder
all coders think they suck. imposter syndrome is huge and widely known. you're probably better than you think or can shift thru the piles of shit on google and find answers. i do know shit, i've traveled just like you have. take a breath and check your blood pressure.
>>
>>2328951
I do this and work a fully remote job from all over the world. Shitty network issues aside, I blur my background and talk about the weather with my coworkers and no one knows any better. One time VPN was misconfigured and shitted out and exposed a Mexican IP and my IT department called immediately wanting to know what’s up. Told them I was just checking email while out of town.
>>
>>2330898
So you turned your home router into a vpn or do you use one of the big chain vpns? purchase your own big chain ip?
>>
>>2330898
Jeez it's not rocket science.

Every country has IP ranges. He was likely logged on in 2 countries at once, so that tripped the anomaly detector. They called to verify all was OK

Certain countries are blacklisted (Iran, N Korea, Cuba), so they set off alarms if they allow you to connect at all.

Most of the time they don't really care, but whne the anomaly detector goes off they check it out.

Infosec/IT runs the anomaly detector. NOT HR.

HR never ask where you are. Finance cares in case they are on th hook for paying taxes in whatever location you are in, and they aren't paying it. If you admit it tho, then HR want to recalculate your salary based on the local market (which may be a massive pay cut).

So just make sure the issue ends with InfoSec/IT and all is well
>>
>>2329292
based zlatiborfag. what's the col there?
>>
>>2330088
That sounds very stressful to constantly be moving to foreign countries with place to stay. What if you can't find a place quickly?
>>
>>2331053
I'm still trying to think of a solution to this.

This issue is compounded by the fact that last minute prices for Airbnbs and hotels can be exorbitant if the place is a tourist trap and is in high season, aka Paris/Barcelona in the summertime. The HotelTonight app can help with last-minute deals but it's more likely to help in a place like Fort Lauderdale than a major world city.

Right now my thinking is fly in with at least two weeks booked for a place to stay and start posting on Facebook groups/contacting local RE agencies on day one, but that does kind of stress you out right at the beginning of arriving at a new place. Though if you're working remotely it might even be a blessing in disguise not falling into complete degeneracy from day one, as I feel like the vibe/rhythm you settle into the first week or so colors what your time in a city is going to feel like as a whole.
>>
>>2331079
>Airbnbs and hotels can be exorbitant if the place is a tourist trap and is in high season
Well yeah, you have to expect that. I don't think there is any way to get a good deal in that situation, unless you have some local contacts who can hook you up.
>Right now my thinking is fly in with at least two weeks booked for a place to stay and start posting on Facebook groups/contacting local RE agencies on day one, but that does kind of stress you out right at the beginning of arriving at a new place
This sounds reasonable if you're staying for 3 months. Would be annoying if you're only staying a month or two though, since then you're spending like half your stay just looking for a play to live, while paying hotel prices.
>I feel like the vibe/rhythm you settle into the first week or so colors what your time in a city is going to feel like as a whole
I agree with this. Maybe I should just look at it as an adventure, and try to have fun with the apartment hunting and meet people through that? I just really, really don't want to end up homeless in some shithole.
>>
>>2331129
>Would be annoying if you're only staying a month or two though, since then you're spending like half your stay just looking for a play to live, while paying hotel prices.
I just can't be fucked doing Airbnb anymore, so I prefer to rent a place directly. The prices are much more reasonable in my experience. Being made to drop $70 as a "cleaning fee" and then STILL BEING EXPECTED TO FUCKING CLEAN has really put me off. The last time the host tried to shake me down for some crumbs in the fridge and dust bunnies on the floor. More than $100 after I left for not fucking leaving the place spotless. Obviously I didn't pay, but the host fucked up my rating in retaliation.
>>
>>2331129
Also I feel as a "digital nomad" that staying in a place for less than two months at a time is a recipe for loneliness. I'm no paunched philanderer, I'm still pretty young, so when I travel I'm looking for more than just the company of some bar girl I can't even communicate with because she can't speak English. But on a month-long trip, if you don't make that kind of connection within like 10 days, you've pretty much ruined your entire stay. So right now I'm trying to do more extended stays when I move around. That's the thing though, if you're trying to meet women, even if you're leaving the city in three days, you'd better pretend like you're thinking of staying forever.
>>
>>2331154
>Also I feel as a "digital nomad" that staying in a place for less than two months at a time is a recipe for loneliness
I agree completely. My preference would actually be to stay like 6 months to a year. But hardly anywhere give you tourist visas that long. i guess you can find ways to get a bullshit visa in 3rd world countries, but that also sounds stressful when it becomes your way of life.
>>
>>2331334
6 months is doable with one extension or visa run in many countries, you just need to leave for a longer time afterwards.
>>
You are massively over-complicating things

>>2331079
>Right now my thinking is fly in with at least two weeks booked for a place to stay and start posting on Facebook groups/contacting local RE agencies on day one
Why not do it two weeks BEFORE you arrive so you already have plenty of options? Or just go to noob-friendly destination like BKK where there are tons of serviced apartments with monthly rates, websites etc. They almost always have some room available

>>2331154
"lonely" meaning not able to get female company? in a third world country as a white guy?? are you serious?
Just do the same: get some online contacts in advance and you have girls lined up to meet you, after cooming enough you will realize that being in a company of women 24/7 is very tiresome and will appreciate your own time
leaving a city doesn't mean leaving permanently, if you enjoyed your stay there you can always come back
>>
>>2331334
>>2331340
if you stay six months or a year in a place are you really a "nomad" though
i think to be a real digital nomad you have to at least have a camel
>>
>>2331340
this. people make it more complicated than it needs to be. just pick 2 countries u like, and stay 6 months at each country for the year. by the time the year is over, your tourist entries are renewed. repeat until bored.
>>
How do you filter out katoeys on tinder
>>
>>2328707
>Consider timezones, and a proper internet connection to stream your class.
>There are other factors to take in account like electricity going out for no reason, internet stops working for a few hours, noise from your neighbour's chickens, etc.
That's a good point. I could go somewhere near Erdenet or Ulaanbataar where there's probably a better mobile coverage. And then have a ger a bit further away for weekends etc.
>you might also have some horrible delay to your students at the other part of the world
I've been a night owl since I can remember, but you make a good point there as well. Probably smart to check the timezones of the employer then.

>>2329048
>it already is a thing. it's what i do, sometimes.
How did you get into that? How many hours do you work per week? I've been a broke-ass student for several years and can make do with very little money, but it would be cool to know what kind of living standard I can expect.
>how you are planning to host any material e.g. ebooks and so on, and if you are teaching STEM subjects
Weirdly, I never needed textbooks either during my BSc or my MSc. Nice to have, but they weren't mandatory. If all else fails, I can get them from Libgen. People often say universities are touchy about this, but the administration usually blissfully ignore these things.
>how you are going to manage the audience's software installations etc. there is always some utter fucknut
We live in the current year. If he dies, he dies.

>>2329106
>universities in the UK at least
That's mighty interesting to hear! My country (Germany) and my old university are still both incredibly backwards, incompetent *and* smug about it.
I used to watch Jörn Loviscach's YouTube lectures on physics and mathematics some ten years ago where ue would already record with a whiteboard and mic straight out of the lecture hall. I'm hoping to do something similar, together with organizing exercise groups or lab courses together with people who are "on the scene".
>>
OP here. In the next thread I'll post some tips on how to find work as a freelancer.
>>
OP here. I will also post some tips on sex change mtf all from experience.
>>
>>2332180
OP here. I will post how I fucked your mother and gave birth to you.
>>
>>2331384
>get some online contacts in advance and you have girls lined up to meet you
In my experience tinder matches get stale after like a week and i cbf to use anything else
>Why not do it two weeks BEFORE you arrive so you already have plenty of options?
Yeah that's prob a good idea, but maybe like a week in advance. Maybe I'm just used to cities like barcelona where new apartments get snapped up fast if they're desirable, because two weeks seems like a lot, and i obv wanna be there to check the place out before i commit
>after cooming enough you will realize that being in a company of women 24/7 is very tiresome and will appreciate your own time
I just reverted to neetdom after months of cooming my way through different countries so i get it lol
>>
>>2332045
You can't, the fucking shitlibs at tinder made the conscious choice to not let you. Virtue signaling despite the fact that it has probably led to real-life trannies being harmed due to trying to pass for women. so all the intelligent ones will put on their bios "TRANSGENDER" or some shit like that.

I just wish you could filter out regular thai girls swiping on tinder passport in western cities, that shit is annoying, no i'm not gonna save you from your shithole you fucking bitch, i'm looking for a white girl to sleep with, not to give you a green card. they're showing up so often now it's become a nuisance
>>
>>2326033
being an anitsocial incel loner with no friends who gets a panic attack when spoken to is not as cool as you might think
>>
Here's a question - how common is networking/getting a new job abroad? I have a decent job right now and I've lined up and negotiated permanent remote work so I can set up in another country when I want to, but if that company ever goes under or I need another job what's it like trying to get another US/Canadian/Western European remote job while you're in somewhere like Thailand or the Philippines.
>>
>>2326228
>Full of homeless niggers in the USA
My brother in Christ, most people here are interested in being digital nomads and live *outside* the US.
>>
>>2329292
What does it cost you to have that base - I assume you pay rent even when you're not living there so you can store all your stuff. The idea of having a home base does appeal to me but I'm on a tighter budget than your average 100k IT worker and any money that goes towards renting somewhere I'm not living can't be spent on other expenses like transport, entertainment, etc.
>>
>>2331384
>Why not do it two weeks BEFORE you arrive so you already have plenty of options?
Because I don't want to pay online, sight unseen, for some mudhut landlord in cambodia? Even if it's not an outright scam you're going to get massively overcharged.
>Or just go to noob-friendly destination like BKK where there are tons of serviced apartments with monthly rates, websites etc.
Sure, but most mudhut villages do not have websites. You have to actually go there in person and negotiate if you want anything reasonable.
>>
>>2332487
who said anything about paying in advance? you need to have options in advance, then when you arrive you already have multiple apartments to check yourself which won't take two weeks
>>
File: 1653230180080.jpg (52 KB, 793x786)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>2326228
>Be shameless.

I cant.
>>
>>2332338
Just pretend you're not there.
>>
>>2332138
>How did you get into that? How many hours do you work per week?
i was a permie (permanent staff), then i left and became a freelancer / contractor. while i was a permie i built up a pretty good contact network so i get most of my work through them, most of the rest through people finding me on linkedin.
i usually get paid by the day. generally to keep up a good income i work at least 10 days per month. during covid there were some pretty lean times but now i'm working more so it all averages out in the end. days are usually 6-8 hours, but take out lunch and a couple of breaks and it's usually only 4.5-6.5 hours of actual work.
>If all else fails, I can get them from Libgen.
i also mean your own presentations, handouts and so on. usually you would be expected to prepare your own powerpoints or whatever other material you want to use. up to you if you want to share it with students. if you are teaching something that doesn't change very frequently, you might get away with using a 20 year old textbook but IT stuff changes very quickly. personally i don't use slides but i do have notes i give to students so i mainly keep them on box, dropbox etc.
>>
>>2332646
>i was a permie
Sounds like you were living my dream. One dream of mine is to become a permie and get tenured, then arrange lectures etc. on site. Maybe, while doing my own research on the weekend, without anyone knowing and without any deadlines. Unfortunately, my country's universities don't really offer tenure anymore, so teaching from around the world became my Plan B.
>most of the rest through people finding me on linkedin.
That actually works? Surprised but happy to hear that. My impression as an outsider was always a bit different. Do you think it's a good idea to make an account there in my position? I've got no "official" experience with teaching, after all. And the coof unfortunately took all the opportunities for networking away from me (that is, all the in-person conferences).
>generally to keep up a good income i work at least 10 days per month.
That's much less than what I expected. Cool!
>i also mean your own presentations
I see. As for that, I'm fine with just storing my stuff on my VPS. I have a fair amount of experience with LaTeX these days and always had to do Office stuff on the side. Uploading videos would of course always be a hassle in the middle of nowhere, but I figure you could just let the uploads run over night.
>if you are teaching something that doesn't change very frequently
Depends on the level. Bachelor's stuff every fofty years, Master's every five to ten, PhD stuff every 1-2 years. Of course, that means keeping up with a lot of literature, but I found that I kinda like that. Hits the same stuff like digging through new music or going down some YouTube rabbit hole. Just more long-term.
>>
File: 14.png (24 KB, 512x512)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
So my employer recently announced that we can work fully remotely in any country we have legal entities in. It's a multinational company so there's a bunch to choose from, but I think the only ones that interest me would be South Korea, Japan, or China. I'm considering travelling to one of these and working for a few weeks and then taking a few weeks vacation and coming back.

What do you think would be more interesting/fun? South Korea, Japan, or China? Which cities?
>>
File: IMG_20190312_113021.jpg (1.26 MB, 1944x2592)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>2332670
>JP
Currently living there and have been for two years. Comfy, but earthquakes and horrible summer. It's also much less exciting if you're not a turboweeb. Large cities get depressing after a while, but that's probably because I grew up by the countryside. I live in a small city (for their standards) in Aichi prefecture and it's fairly nice because it means I have to learn the language and mingle with the locals.
6/10, overrated but still kinda nice.

>SK
I only have been to SK once for two weeks and that was like five years ago. Seoul was nice but like all megacities became depressing for me really quickly. Especially because it occasionally gave out air pollution warnings over the phone emergency broadcast. Gangneung was my favorite because of the beaches (pic related). If I remember correctly, they have surfing championships there. Problem is I don't know anything about living there. And consider tgeir psychotic neighbor, I suppose.
?/10, would consider it from my impression back then. Definitely recommend visiting for a few weeks.

>CN
Have never been to there nor know anyone personally who went there, let alone lived. But pollution is probably high in the largest cities. Also, the censorship and the surveillance unless you're cool with it.
???/10, no idea but would at least wanna visit once.

In all of those, you should try to learn the basics of the language if you wanna get the best out of it. Tokyo was a bit easier, but knowing basic Japanese definitely helped in Osaka and Nagoya. In Seoul, I constantly had to have a friend translate.
Hope anything of this is helpful.
>>
What's everyone mainly doing for housing these days? AirBnb, hotels, renting?
Seems like the fees and BS of Airbnb is starting to take its toll.. but the 'free' ~100,000 cc rewards points each year is pretty nice.
What's best value these days, all things considered?
>>
>>2332632
You're not supposed to mention it but I did discuss it with my boss and he said "As long as your work gets done I don't care where you are or what time it gets done at."
>>
>>2332670
i stayed in seoul busan osaka for a month each and lived in china spending years in 2 cities and months in other cities.
i'd go to china in your situation although it might be too difficult or not possible. even if they have china offices, it might not be an option for them to get you the right visas if you are not going to be there on a local contract or not in an office, it is not uncomplicated and you won't know until you try.
visa aside, shanghai would be the best city to have a blast in those 3 countries. other cities i'd live in would be shenzhen depending on your interests and salary and chengdu if you are actually cool and fun because it is a cool place. if you are a regular normie then shanghai all the way, it is full of western normies and is easy to slide into. avoid beijing in the winter.
also china is shut for the time being for vacations.
>>
>>2332874
After you actually have the job it's a different thing. It can look bad to HR faggots filled with jealousy that you are abroad. Use doublespeak and say that you are "residing" wherever your hometown is, which is technically true.
>>
>>2332767
airbnb is the best route. maybe rotate between hostels to creampie the tourists
>>
>>2329967
>>2330088
>>2331053
>>2331079
Currently dealing with this. I have a crappy AirBnB with a lot of the advertised amenities missing (most importantly the Wifi). It was intended to be temporary while I looked for a long term stay, but the water just went out tonight and the host is asleep. I’m really annoyed because this place seemed great but is very loud all hours of the night, so I am worried about renting long term and then not being able to sleep there.
>>
>>2331334
Is it that rare? Colombia does it. Australia does but I think you have to work on a farm to extend it past a year. If you have a Canadian or American passport tons of countries do work exchange programs.
>>
>>2332497
The problem is that in some locations these places have a high rate of turnover and they will be gone by the time you get there. AirBnB is sort of better for this but there isn’t really a good way around it.
>>
>>2332646
You were a faggot (a homosexual) and while you were a faggot you wrote this >>2332646 posf.
>>
>>2333202
Always rent for 2 days first to test if it's a shit location place. How long did you book the place?
>>
>>2333209
How do you avoid somebody else booking the place after two nights?
Reserve using a different account and cancel as soon as you know that you don't want to stay?
>>
Phoning in from Annecy right now. I am on my second week as a digital nomad working for a US centric company. Right now my biggest hurdle is trying manage time zones. I am experimenting with a split working day - morning for solo work and late evenings for meetings. Wake up at 10am and bed time at 2am. Also, why the fuck do they not sell protein powder in grocery stores? The lack of gym culture here is the only annoying part.
>>
>>2333188
Yea, I feel like a great way to get a social boost or meet people when you first get to a location would be to maybe stay at a hostel for a weekend or so and mingle. Otherwise, a more private dwelling during the workweek.
AirBnB always seems so risky though with shit like >>2333202
>>
>>2333209
7 days. Initially only the wifi was out but now the water is off. I renewed for 7 days since it was cheap and I’m already here but now that the water is out I don’t want to deal with the host anymore. He’s been responsive but for the infrastructure he’s providing the apartment is barely worth half of what I’m paying.
>>
>>2333317
In third world countries if you aren’t a retard (have to be careful of getting robbed) you can just hang out, be white, and people will be receptive to you. In Europe, Canada, and maybe the US, it is different because why would any of them want to deal with someone who won’t be there after a few months?
>>
>>2333244
Do you have access to quark? That stuff has 12 g protein per 100 g, comes in 500 g and is dirt cheap.
t. grew up in Germany
>>
>>2333317
How do you actually meet people at a hostel?
I usually get a private room. Girls are always in groups too, if it's not through tinder or a nightclub then i'm not sure how to approach them.
>>
>>2334338
Make friends and approach as a group
>>
>>2334111
Wheat and oats have higher protein, but eating grains for protein is for the desperately poor. Actual peasant behavior.
>>
>>2327749
Which visa allows you to use Thailand as a tax residency and which kind of company lets you do it anon?
At least tourist visas let you keep declaring residency at your home country.
>>
>>2331079
I'm also thinking about this. In Bangkok there is a huge selection of cheap nice 12 month lease apartments and you can check them out first. Airbnb is a lot more expensive and you could end in a terrible dump.
Almost seems like renting for 12 months with the intention of bailing after 6 and losing the deposit (2 months of rent) might end up decent, but then there has to be a better way.
>>
>>2334338
Guy friends have always seemed to happen to me spontaneously while I'm at hostels. I've even been cold approached. Just exist in the common spaces and things will fall into place. Remember that many people are also traveling alone and would also like to meet people.

Once you make guy friends it's a lot easier to meet girls. Either they introduce you to their friend group or you can approach groups of girls with the guys you've met. Cold approaching women in hostels is a high-risk activity as you don't want to ruin your reputation while you're there, but then again I'm not chad. But I'm not hopeless either, I'm not bad at pulling women in general. YMMV
>>
>>2334671
can you negotiate them down to just a 3 month lease? Maybe offer to pay all in advance or pay more per month.
>>
Can you hang out in a co working space and just mooch off the facilities and bang the roasties or get bjs from the dudes. Like im not a DN fag but want to enjoy the scene will they swallow my glob for nutrition? Etc
>>
>>2334723
If your attractive im not sure why not
>>
>>2334709
>>2334671

Yes, but stay there a week or two to see if you like the place. If they ask you for 2 months deposit and one month in advance, then shit gets expensive fast. Philippines is notoriously difficult to get your deposit back unless you go through reputable people
>>
>>2326031
Thoughts of nomad visa. Many countries are offering them because they want their nomad money.
>>
>>2335120
A nomad doesn't really need a visa unless your passport sucks.
>>
>>2335253
Depends on the country you're visiting.
Hopping between countries every month or two can end up not being as satisfying as setting up camp for 4 to 5 months at a time.
Some people would also like a fixed base from where they go to other places nearby, kind of defeats the "nomad" part but is understandable.

If you play your cards right you can do all of the above on tourist visa (waivers), but some people might want the assurance of a long-term visa.
>>
>>2335300
So the word nomad loses its meaning, I would consider staying in a country for 8 months a year and the other 4 months in several other countries, with prospect to come back to country #1 repeatedly not being a nomad. But it's not like it has a set meaning.
>>
>>2334671
Bangkok has tons of serviced apartments with 1m contracts, some require 3 or 6 months
>>
>>2335434
Not wanting to split hairs here but many nomadic peoples migrate between two or three places according to their needs, so "digital nomad" would still work as a description.
>>
>>2335545
I prefer to call it "lost soul" since more often than not that's more accurate.
>>
>>2327220
This is your brain on /biz/
Don't do /biz/, kids.
>>
>>2335253
exactly this. though i wouldn't mind paying $20K for a 5 year elite thai visa ...
>>
>>2326458
>If you need really serious focus time, work in your room, or go to the fucking library

Sometimes, work is so serious the best place to perform it is in a room specially designed for working.
>>
>>2336039
Basically the same reason why people with an extra room in their house will make it a home office, instead of working in their bedroom or at the library.
>>
>>2326640
>after 3 years you can get the passport
If you work locally and pay into the tax system. Read the fine print.
>>
best place for a single coomer to digital nomad outside of asia?
>>
>>2336177
Africa, Latin America
>>
>>2326031
How to i live the dream?
I am a yuropoor and i am not a code monkey, is it over?
>>
Right I need someone to explain this to me like I’m a retard
I’m English, I have a motorhome that allows me to travel, I also have a job that allows me to work remotely. All well and good, I want to travel and work, how does the 90/180 shengen rule work? Does the 180 day countdown begin as soon as I leave the last shengen country? Say I do 30 days in France, Spain and italy, the last day I leave Italy does a countdown start that basically locks ne out of shengen countries for 180 days?
Also how do they know how long I’ve been there? When they scan my passport? What happens if I’m 91 days when I return? Or if I decide to stay off the grid for like 3 years but then go home, will it set off alarm bells that I’m over the 90 days? Will I then be banned from these Shengen countries?
>>
>>2336621
Search in the archives in nomad generals I've explained it at least 4 times.
>>
File: 2934732472.png (198 KB, 1802x695)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>>2336621
Are you from reddit any chance? pic rel
>>
File: 1647939529616.png (1.19 MB, 800x800)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
First world passport holder SEA loop.

The idea is to live 3 months in each country (max limit) and then move to another country on a tourist visa. You don't become a tax residence. Most SEA monkey countries don't bother tourists with tax.

CHEAP TIER

Malaysia (3 month tourist visa)
Taiwan (3 month tourist visa)
Thailand (extendable up to 3 months or 1-year scam education visa)
Vietnam (1 month max visa, can do unlimted visa run)
Cambodia (1 month visa, can do scam biz visa for $300 annually)
Indonesia (extendable up to 3 months before leaving the country)
Philippines (1 month tourist visa, extendable up to 3 years without leaving country)

EXPENSIVE TIER

Japan (3 month tourist visa)
Korea (3-6 month tourist visa, depending on your passport)

Maybe we can have list for central Asia and Africa but those are dangerous shitholes that people don't wanna visit.
>>
File: 1650519663251.jpg (275 KB, 600x720)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
/trv/ digital nomad set up

Only reddit faggots and homosexuals carry 65L bag with their cooking pots and pans.

The ideal setup is carrying your compact laptop, phone, e-reader, 3 set of outfits (1 for working out, 1 for clubbing, 1 every day wear for chilling at the cafe)

You should be able to carry everything in a 30L bag. A good size laptop is 13.5 or 14 for work. If you're a gaming homo, 16 inch laptop is okay.

List of things you DON'T need to carry:

- books
- pots and pans
- 2nd monitor
- huge DSLR camera
- 5 or 6 outfits
- your boyfriend's dildo
>>
File: piggu.jpg (153 KB, 2121x1414)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>2336734
pic rel, white people LARPing like they're camping where they go
>>
>>2336645
Thanks
>>2336727
No
>>
>>2336734
3 outfits sounds fucking annoying

I have a bag that fits my two laptops and a few other essentials like phone, usbs with important docs, etc. And then I have a second bag with a weeks worth of clothes and various other niceties.

I tend to stay at one place for weeks at a time, and one country for a month or longer. If I were actually backpacking on my savings I kinda get the minimalist thing, but for my current situation it makes no sense to live like a homeless person in an attempt to reduce what is an already small amount of luggage
>>
>>2336734
This. I highly recommend getting some pant which zip off into shorts too
>>
>>2336734
>3 set of outfits
so do you just wear the same outfit over and over and get nasty as fuck, or do you spend every day doing laundry? Either way sounds really annoying compared to, you know, bringing a few extra shirts.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.