[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 77 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: Oblivion_AltonTowers.jpg (1.9 MB, 3024x4032)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
Oblivion Edition

Previous thread: >>2318564

>What is this thread?
/rcg/ was created as a way for the roller coaster enthusiasts on here to discuss all things roller coasters and theme parks. While roller coasters are the main focus of these threads, there is also discussion on other theme park rides, as well as the parks themselves and trip planning too.
>Can I talk about Disney/Universal in this thread?
Absolutely! Disney discussion of all sorts including resorts/dining/trip planning is OK.

Thread Pro-tip: If you're waiting in line for a ride with your gf (or bf) be sure to be as intimate as possible with them in front of everyone else in line.

Roller Coaster Database:
>https://rcdb.com/

Amusement Park News Sites:
>https://www.themeparkinsider.com/
>https://www.screamscape.com/
>https://www.coaster101.com/

Disney Park News:
>https://www.wdwnt.com/
>https://www.wdwmagic.com/
>https://www.allears.net/
>https://www.mousesteps.com
>>
>>2324551
Ok
>>
oblivion sucks they should just remove the over the shoulder restrains and also the lap bars too they should just make you fly out of the car and die when it crests the drop it would be way more exciting that way
>>
File: 3542198752_ba9d14df71_b.jpg (157 KB, 1024x761)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>2324560
It'll probably fall victim to noise pollution complaints eventually. It's a shame the rest of the coaster is just basically coasting back to the station as the first drop has such a great design.
>>
New Indoor ride being announced this week at Alton Towers.

Site is big enough for a compact rollercoaster as it used to contain one. Cant go any bigger as it's surrounded by listed structures and protected trees.

Any predictions? A Flying Theatre ride would be a good fit and add a needed family attraction to the park. Would they revisit the Black Hole and do another dark coaster?
>>
>>2324561
well it was the first dive coaster no? and they also have to abide by height rules so they cant do much with the layout, not like dive coasters are twisty like a eurofighter or even nemesis
>>
>>2324573
Yep, was the worlds first and as with all Alton Towers coasters, had to deal with insanely tight restrictions.

It's a huge site though (with a comically huge queue line) so they could do a ground hugging multi-launch, if that's still the popular coaster type when they have to remove it.
>>
I can't wait for Epic Universe to open
>>
>>2324590
Not sure if I should follow the news constantly or to try for a mini-blackout so I go in without too much spoilt...
>>
>>2324577
Look at every other dive coaster besides Oblivion
>>
hmmmm new /rcg/..................... must shill kings island over cedar point.................. kings island so good cedar point glorified six flags
>>
>>2324600
That's true though.
>>
>>2324590
>>2324592
We're what, a year and a half away from opening?
Fuckers wont do anything F-Zero related so they can fuck off either way.
>>
>>2324551
ew uk coasters. All of them are airtimeless and with faggy inversions.
>>
>>2324551
There's already >>2318564 a >>2318564 fucking >>2318564 roller coaster >>2318564 thread. Get your head out of your fucking ass and check the catalog before posting, cockwipe.

1 - Roller coasters are stupid unless you're 10 years old or a wigger
2 - Imagine spending money to wait in like for 7 hours
3 - Imagine spending $12 on a cold stiff pretzel that has been sitting under a lamp all day
4 - Imagine getting shafted into going to a roller coaster park by some w*man.

Jesus Christ this board can't be saved. A thread (potentially decent but probably utter dogshit) died because you refused to look for the other dumb asshole who posted the roller coaster thread >>2318564 which can actually be found here: >>2318564. In fact, you probably ARE the dicksucker who posted >>2318564 that thread.

Climb out of your own asshole for once.
>>
>>2324745
You have the following options:
>take meds
>touch grass
>take a break from this site for two weeks
Please, your relatives are worried about you.
>>
>>2324745
Facinating, you rarely see people with this impressive a level of butthurt over something this insignificant
>>
>>2324745
That hit bump limit.
I honestly don't get why roller coasters make you seethe so much, probably had a shitty childhood and never got to go to an amusement park.
>>
>>2324745
>A thread (potentially decent but probably utter dogshit) died
You're very much right, it probably was a dogshit thread. Why the fuck do you care so much about le dead threads?
Reddit keeps threads alive forever unless explicitly deleted, maybe you wanna go there. Also archives exist and new threads can be created as a continuation of old threads you dumb newfaggot.
>>
So Disney has no answer to Epic Universe. Outside of some truly terrible “these are things we could build and probably won’t” incoherent placement IP ideas. It’s obvious they arrogantly don’t think they need an answer to EU.
>>
>>2324914
>Welcome to Disney Bitching General
Who fucking cares. If they're so bad, stop obsessing over them
>>
>>2324745
I like roller coasters
Seethe, cope, and dilate, tranny
>>
>>2324745
>wahh i hate coaster threads
>i’d rather see coomer thread #269 over and over again instead of something different
You’re a nigger
>>
>>2324652
Forget F-Zero, No Metroid = No Buy
>>
>>2325078
Mario, Donkey Kong, Pokemon, Zelda, possibly Kirby is the current plan.
>>
Folks, I have to tell you about what happened to me today.
>be at Universal early in the morning
>Mummy was closed yesterday every time we've checked, so we're not expecting to ride it today
>Considering sticking our heads into the Tribute Store
>we stop for a second to watch the Marilyn Monroe show going on
>my dad notices some movement around the Mummy ride
>they've opened it up
>we run over and it's practically a walk-on, 5 minute wait
>up to 50 minutes when we get off
>it became my favorite ride at either park

We got so lucky. But what an amazing ride.
>>
>>2324614
thank u brother
>>2324745
last one got shat up by disneyfags. anybody who seriously cares about ANYTHING disney does deserves to go missing. fuck them, fuck disney, and fuck you.
>>
>>2325164
Nobody gives a shit about coaster drop height dick measuring contests anymore. The fact that Top Thrill Dragster is dead is proof the coaster wars are over.
>>
>>2325170
The coaster wars ended with the 2008 recession. No parks in the US have been in a financial position to build the supertall rides when credit was easy to get. All these multilaunch coasters seem like a jerkoff compared to some park getting a new tallest/longest/fastest ride every couple of years
>>
>>2325131

Ah yes. The only series keeping Nintendo's fan base alive and feral.
>>
>>2325183
They also kinda hit a wall with tallest and fastest. Too many hazards at those high speeds. Obviously anybody can do it, but who wants to ride a 550ft tall coaster that’s trimmed all the way down to keep it under 100mph and reduce forces that cause grayouts/blackouts? Or at 130+ mph coaster wearing goggles?
>>
>>2325200
G forces don't increase with height or speed, only track geometry. That's the difference between Millennium Forceless and Intimidator 305. No park is vying to build the tallest in the world because the cost of building any structure increases exponentially with height. Eventually some place will, records are made to be broken, I don't know that it will be in the US though.
>>
>>2325215
Speed and acceleration increase with height though. All the gigas were designed to max out at 4 - 4.5 Gs for a couple seconds at the bottom of their drops so they don’t kill you. I305’s first turn supposedly sustains the positive Gs for a few seconds longer.

I would think a 500ft+ coaster designed not to kill you would need a much larger footprint to produce equivalent forces, including how long they’re sustained. Or you trim it coming out of the drop because the idea of a 150+MPH coaster sounds terrifying. Especially at Cedar Point where hitting mayflies at 90MPH is already painful.
>>
>>2325137
Nice, I'm glad you had fun anon. Wish these threads could have more posts like this and less shitflinging.

>>2325131
There's no substantial reasoning Kirby is getting anything in Super Nintendo World, at least in Epic Universe. Kirby is super popular in Japan so he might get something there, but I doubt it'll be anything substantial. In the US he isn't as popular so it would be a waste to spend significant space on Kirby, and I say this as a big fan. I'd rather have something else like maybe Metroid, but I have a feeling they'll just stick to Mario/DK/Zelda/Pokemon and that's it. They need the space.
>>
>>2325432
Metroid isn’t popular in Japan. Samus is iconic and it’s a sci-fi property so I think there is always a chance for something. Costumed character at the very least. I wouldn’t rule out individual characters like Kirby and Samus appearing in something Smash-related like a show
>>
>>2325183
Is Magic Mountain and Cedar Point measuring their coaster count dicks, with the latter padding it with a Disk'O flat ride, also part of the coaster wars? That went on past the recession but Cedar Point doesn’t seem to care about it anymore. It gets brought up in the context of coaster wars. Magic Mountain barely participated in the tallest/fastest dick waving.
>>
Let's pretend that both Disney's parks and resorts division along with imagineering were run by competent people who cared and made wise decisions. Wishful thinking, I know. How do you counter Epic Universe?

Do nothing? Expand the existing parks? Or build a 5th gate?

The argument for doing nothing is they have no problem with attendance despite growing negativity among fans and poor casual reviews on TripAdvisor. No problem packing Disney Springs into a miserable and expensive experience. No problem with filling hotel rooms. Studios and MK reserved well in advance for many days. Flawed formerly free fast pass selling very well. Etc. Personally I think it will catch up eventually and this is a bad idea (it also appears to be their preferred option).

The argument for expanding is they have lots of room to expand in those parks and it would help level attendance by adding capactiy. Lots of expansion plots that would be put to better use rather than replace existing attractions. They also have abandoned spaces they could be using. Disney treats their Florida parks like one big park to spread people out at (via reservations). They hate day visitors and don't care if they're stuck at a park. HS, AK, and Epcot could all use some love.

The argument for a 5th gate is that it also adds capacity and reduces attendance from the other parks, plus since many do a park a day on a long Disney vacation, that's another day they're not spending at Universal. Despite the problems with abandoned spaces and half day parks and poor show on some attractions, again if they treat it like one big park anyways, who cares? This is the most logical approach. They have the room. They really need a 2nd Magic Kingdom (not literally.. but literally wouldn't be a bad idea as silly as that may be)
>>
File: 1662317756939019.jpg (12 KB, 225x224)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>2325669
>How do you counter Epic Universe?

5th gate is the only way. They keep adding hotels without increasing the shit people can do, you're just creating a stimulus for even more bad reviews on tripadvisor and yelp.

Ideas:
>Copy-pasting DisneySea
>Villain-oriented park
>Directly ripping off universal with an "islands" park doing immersive lands with different IPs
>Resurrecting Disney's America
>Paying off Universal to break the contract and doing a Marvel Park
>Star Wars Park that completely recreates locations from prequels and originals

They need something that builds hype and excitement cause once pokemon is announced for universal it's over for disney
>>
>>2325669
I think expanding EPCOT, AK, and HS is more important than a 5th gate right now. The fact that Disney is planning to expand MK rather than doing either a 5th gate or expansions of the other parks is baffling.
>>
>>2325700
On paper, I think expanding MK's capacity does make sense. It's the highest attended amusement/theme part in the world and it's too crowded. There is land behind BTM for expansion too. The problem is getting there. The park's walkways aren't laid out for that kind of expansion and modifying the rivers and making a walkway by splash and HM creates two new bottlenecks. When it's time for a parade or fireworks, this is going to be bad. Those 'blue sky' attractions themselves will never happen, but this beyond BTM expansion is probably a sure thing unfortunately. They're not run by competent people and they don't seem to even know the park. The existing park also has dead space that should be a higher priority (like the AE/stitch building).

I agree with >>2325689 that a 5th gate is the only way. They've spent years and billions on those neglected parks with little to show for it and destroyed their original visions. Adding more isn't going to match the excitement of an all new park. If you want to keep guests from going to Universal for a day, a new park is the way to do it. The current Disney won't do it though. Disney needs to change and imagineering needs an overhaul. That will happen once attendance and guest satisfaction go down and I do think it will catch up to them.
>>
moooom theyre talking about disney again!!!
>>
>>2325715
The problem with an MK expansion is that it'll provide more rides for the crowds, but it'll also just draw more crowds there to begin with. This is the last thing Disney should want. That's why I think they should expand the other parks. Like you said, they failed to do so, but that's more an issue with Disney being retarded with the expansions they have done. A 5th gate would certainly bring crowds, but I think it would just accentuate the problems the other parks have in time. Still, it's a better option than expanding MK.

Also, to make this not all about Disney, anyone who does HHN this year needs to make sure they hit up Dead Man's Pier. That house was fucking awesome.
>>
>>2325726
I think they genuinely need a third location in the US. They need to spread the crowds out. Not sure where the best locations would be. New England? Texas?

I think they're reluctant to add a fifth gate as it may not lead visitors to extend their holidays which is apparently the biggest metric they chase now.
>>
>>2325575
>Magic Mountain barely participated in the tallest/fastest dick waving.
They built Superman: The Escape in 1997 (tallest, fastest in the world at the time) and opened Goliath in 2000 (tallest full-circuit coaster in the world for a few months before Millennium Force opened)
>>
>>2325756
Texas has the weather, but I'm not sure it has the market, since the East and West coasts won't be likely to visit. New England wouldn't really work since Disney only seems to want year-round parks, though if they are willing to budge on that, it's not the worst choice. It's a shame Disney's America fell through.

What they should do is open up a park in South America to draw in the huge market down there and decrease the number of South/Central Americans visiting WDW.
>>
>>2325758
I didn't say they didn't participate. I said they barely participated which is counting those.
>>
>>2325768
Having two world record holders is two more than most other parks had. They were definitely in the game
>>
>>2325760
>What they should do is open up a park in South America to draw in the huge market down there and decrease the number of South/Central Americans visiting WDW.
I don’t think it would make a difference. EuroDisney didn’t reduce British tourism to Orlando. Maybe if they made it in Brazil… but the Brazilians would probably still come to the US and go to Orlando anyways. And nobody in Argentina or Chile would go to it in Brazil
>>
>>2325781
The UK press had a field day with the "France hates Eurodisney flop" thing that undoubtedly hurt attendances. It's also poor value for brits. Used to be that on a per-day basis it was cheaper to go to Orlando than Paris, even taking into account that you can drive to DLP from the UK in your own car.
>>
>>2325781
Bogota to Orlando is a shorter flight than Bogota to Sao Paulo too, believe it or not. And like you said, Chileans won't fly to Brazil when they could go to the US (Chile gets visa waiver travel) since doing that is seen as a status symbol in latin america particularly if you go shopping in the US and bring things back.
>>
This is the best ride ever
>>
>>2325669
Disney is definitely not doing a fifth gate in the near future at WDW a recession is coming if not here already the parks they have still have room for some expansion or you can simply replace an old attraction with a new one and bob chapek is new and unproven even lousy as ceo so he doesn’t have the clout to push a new park
>>
>>2325876
It’s a great ride with great effects and has already overshadowed the forgotten movies it was based on. I do miss kongfrontation. I only rode it twice and my 2nd ride was a couple days before it closed. It had neat ride vehicles that would kind of drop. They left the track on the ceiling. The zig zag ramp you exit out of is the same. Skull Island is garbage. I want to go back, but the Mummy is a worth replacement for sure I just wish they didn’t replace it.
>>
>>2325892
I liked the Skull Island ride more than I thought I would.
>>
>>2325669
>>2325689
>>2325700
>>2325715
>>2325726
>>2325879
There really isn't much room for a substantially sized 5th park. It would be the size of MGM max. There is space north of Coronado Springs but that's about it. They also have to reserve a decent amount of it in order to get those tax breaks. Its not just a park they can build, they need to include massive parking lots, service roads, and utilities. Its not worth the investment, especially after how lackluster the AK park opening was. Expanding the current parks, is the easiest and most economical thing to do.
>>
>>2325876
Based. I'll never forget experiencing the fakeout for the first time when I was young. That and the pumpkin bomb in Spider-Man blew my fucking mind.
>>
>>2325756
It would need to be another magic kingdom with a castle and similar lands/attractions to have any affect on FL crowds.
>>2325760
>New England wouldn't really work since Disney only seems to want year-round parks
It wouldn’t really be a problem. They like to enclose everything, even coasters. Snow-covered blue boxes. Disney already had a great spot in mind with Disney’s America. Just a few hours drive or less to so many densely populated areas
>>
>>2325756
Post-recession late 2000s Disney should have bought some regional parks or even a chain like Cedar Fair while they were cheap. This would fulfill that regional idea that Disneyquest failed at. They could have kept the parks as they were, low budget with lighter theming compared to “the real thing” in Orlando. Except for Knotts, they tried to buy them in the 90s and could tie that in as a 3rd gate for DL. Ironically this would have given then a park near D.C. in VA too. Would definitely not want them anywhere near these parks today and I’d go to King’s Island or Carrowinds or Cedar Point over any American Disney park
>>
>>2325908
That's actually not what they figured out they want, and why WDW is the flagship compared to everything else. They want a vacation destination because it means the audience is captive. They don't want people driving their whole family in, eating brown bag lunches in their car, then leaving after a few hours. And they don't want competing attractions in the immediate area. Disney would have made a smarter move by opening where Port Aventura is now instead of Paris.
>>
>>2325784
What about the eurostar train from London directly to disneyland?
>>
>>2325933
They considered Spain as a possible location but went with France due to it being closer to the rest of Europe.
>>
>>2325933
The “bubble” model only makes sense in Orlando because of everything they have there. Disneyland “resort” doesn’t compare, for example. It attracts locals and people within driving distance as well as those who do fly in to SoCal and of course they want it to be a destination. All their other Disneylands are like this. People still drive in to WDW for the day and back too you know.

I’ve always thought “the bubble” was fucking gay, that’s mostly a recent thing from the last two decades and they don’t have that airport shuttle anymore so I don’t think it will last. My parents always rented a car (or drove a couple times) and though we stayed on property we ventured out all the time. I can’t imagine being hostage to their overpriced limited “grocery” items and relying on their buses
>>
>>2326137
Yeah disneyland was always more of a cali locals attraction which made the choice to theme a whole park around cali pretty boneheaded.
Aren't they still trying to petition for new regulations to build a third park too or is that just more hotels?
>>
>>2326085
Doing a quick search, £210 for a return Eurostar to Paris, £250 for Return flight to Orlando (albeit with a stop). They stopped do the direct service to DLP, officially blaming Brexit but unofficially I'm guessing Disney stopped subsidising it.

4 day ticket at DLP is £315. 14 days at Orlando is £510
>>
>>2324561
It was probably pretty neat for a few years until SheiKra opened. That hole and tunnel really heightens the effect too. In the context of the other dives it’s shit but it was basically a prototype
>>
>>2326196
What about Hotel stuff too?
>>
I went to SeaWorld Orlando yesterday and Mako was very impressive. But my other favorite at the park was Journey to Atlantis. I know that ride used to be better, but I never experienced it in its heyday. I just loved the two drops, and adding a brief roller coaster element to a water ride is such a good idea.
>>
>>2326540
Davy Crocket Disneyland Paris (cheapest hotel, only one not within walking distance of the parks) for a long weekend (2 nights): £227

Disney World All Stars Movie for the same: £187
>>
>>2326969
I really liked the hybrid Atlantis ride too... but the last time I rode it was 2006. I've heard it's in bad shape and pretty janky. It was pretty janky back then though. It's good that you liked it, maybe it's not as bad as people say. Everybody says the Magnum at Cedar Point is in bad shape but I took a 10 year hiatus and it's no different than it was 20 years ago (and people said the same back then... and also that it was sinking)
>>
>>2326988
I think it's fair to say Atlantis was a little janky. It wasn't bad, but there were some places with some jolts and bumps. It was a cool ride though. I love that little surprise at the end. I knew about the coaster section but I intentionally didn't tell my parents about it. They liked it too.

I also thought Rip Ride Rockit at Universal Studios was really fun too, and I heard that one was janky. I only got one ride on it. Picked "Sabotage" by the Beastie Boys and was very satisfied.

I did think SeaWorld's Kraken was way too rough. Boxes your head more than Hulk. SeaWorld's lineup is mostly great, but I really didn't like Kraken at all.
>>
File: Fc0V-bKacAAIyjr.jpg (200 KB, 2048x484)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
The SEA timeline they showed at the D23 Expo panel last weekend
>>
File: IMG_20161207_161638353.jpg (614 KB, 1124x2000)
614 KB
614 KB JPG
>>2325894
Skull Island broke down when I was on it. Was weird how badly they handled it.

They turned off all the screens, turned off the lights... then nothing for about 20 minutes. No announcements at all. It was only when people started trying to climb out the car that they turned the lights on and wheeled out a set of steps
>>
>>2327032
>Hightower becomes le evil corporation for the good guys SEA to defeat in a generic good vs bad story
Oh god they're ruining the SEA
>>
>>2327274
Hightower's Shiriki Utundu incident makes SEA rethink everything while his heirs go "Okay, but how can we exploit the supernatural for profit in a way that doesn't destroy us?"
>>
>>2327032
SEA is literally just used to justify non-IP rides to upper management nowadays anyway
>>
>>2327303
It's a solid strategy. Mansion and Pirates can work as a standalone franchise, but its trickier for a lot of the other stuff I imagine.
>>
>>2327255
Maybe they were trying to get it running again before resorting to moving people off.
>>
>>2327319
It's probably dangerous to stop and unload the ride. If it turns on during that process you could have injuries and lawsuits
>>
>>2327319
They should have made an announcement or have a worker come by and tell everyone to sit tight. Of course, when people say they "waited 20 minutes" for anything at a theme park, it's closer to 5

>>2327420
That's why they turn the power off before they evacuate people from a ride
>>
>>2327303
I'll take it. Having a combined universe lets imagineers have a bit more fun with details.
>>
>Go to Kings Island on a cloudy day a couple weeks ago
>Max wait time in a line is like 15 minutes for Orion. Everything else is 5
>Ride it all by noon

What the fuck? What am I supposed to do after that?
>>
>>2327612
Ride everything again? Halloween Haunt?
>>
File: 1640068263626.png (762 KB, 900x410)
762 KB
762 KB PNG
Just came back from a combined trip of Disneyland Paris and regular Paris. It was funny walking through Paris and going "Hey that reminds me of the Ratatouille at Studios".
Makes me wonder if some disney execs suggested a whole Paris-themed hotel expansion for the resort and had it shot down because of the whole "California Adventure" disaster.
>>
>been tasked with organising an Orlando holiday for family with most of the costs paid by mum
>Mum hasn't said it but it's clearly meant as a "last time we'll probably be fit enough to do a big holiday like this" so they want Disney hotel, Universal hotels.

I'd be happy with a moderately cheap hotel in a good location which would literally halve the price. Big problem is that we either need two rooms or two private bedrooms. Universal's 2 bedroom suites have a stupid design where the bathroom is in one of the bedrooms and Disney just don't seem to do multiple bedroom rooms at all (at least unless you're happy adding an extra 0 to the price). Looks like getting two rooms is the only option but it adds a shit load to the price.

They reluctantly suggested a villa but you add an extra 15 minutes to the journey time for pretty much everywhere.

Any suggestions for saving money? Any suites/apartments from Disney that have private bedrooms (need 1 queen + 2 other beds of any non kid size) without insane markups?
>>
>>2327992
haven't looked into it much but can't you book a villa at disney with the vacation club stuff?
>>
>>2327303
nothing wrong with that. Rather have a custom themed ride as opposed to some brand IP shit imo
see: space mountain mission 2 vs star wars hyperspace
>>
Is March in Disney world hell on Earth?
>>
>>2327992
Can't you ask for adjoining rooms?
>>
>>2328090
pretty sure that's December
>>
>>2328142
Probably will do, Disney's suites are kinda shitty if your motivation to getting them is privacy and they're insanely priced.
>>
>>2327992
A villa on property or off property? On property is going to cost you way too much. Off property, Orange Lake literally borders Animal Kingdom and you can get a nice 3 bedroom 3 bathroom villa with a full kitchen and washer and dryer for the price of 1 tiny room at fucking all stars. And they have a lazy river and shit.

Adding 15 minutes doesn't matter unless you're doing a lot of coming and going. You can get to and from Disney property using Sherberth rd and morning traffic on 192 is the only issue. Depending where you would stay on Disney's property, coming and going can take a long time too. For example, All Stars. Or relying on any of their transportation on property versus renting a car and driving yourself. There is no real benefit to staying on Disney property. Now at Universal, Portofino Bay, Royal Pacific, and Hard Rock give you free Express passes which is a nice benefit
>>
Remember earlier in the year when SeaWorld made a bid for Cedar Fair? What would be the fate of King's Dominion if that ever happened? I think they'd have to close it, they're like 60 miles from each other and competitors. King's Island and Cedar Point were once competitors, but they're also 210 miles apart.

What would be the fate of i305? Re-locate to BGW? Modify the first turn after the drop to make it more popular at the expense of thoosies? Or scrap it? Twisted Timbers scrap or make a new support structure? Tumbili (kek) to BGT and keep the paint as-is. None of CF's other parks overlap so I think this acquisition will come up again at some point.
>>
>>2328586
>There is no real benefit to staying on Disney property
What about extra magic hours?
Or did they not bring that back yet?
>>
I'm curious about what TTD will be like when it re-opens, apparently cedar point is doing it without any involvement from intamin
I wonder if they will re-theme it too, you just don't get the same acceleration with LSMs
>>
>>2328612
Gone, replaced with early entry which is just 30 mins. If that's important to you, go nuts. 30 mins is nothing to me though. When I worked there 20 years they only had one park a day do an hour early entry and they didn't even check if you were a resort guest. They might check it now though. You could also put a 7-year-old in a stroller with a pacifier and say they were a big 2-year-old and we had to let them in.
>>
>>2328666
Interesting digits

Is ElToroRyan the only source of the rumor that Intamin isn't involved? I doubt this because Cedar Fair has a contract with Indrivetec for the LSM launch replacing Montezooma's flywheel launch at Knott's. Indrivetec is affiliated with Intamin, Intamin either started them or started the LSM division by hiring away the engineers at Intrasys that worked on Maverick's LSM launch. If they're working with Indrivetec, they're more or less working with Intamin to some degree over there. Which by itself doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless the contract involves more work at one of their other parks. Maybe Intamin doesn't want to be held liable post conversion and maybe they're not directly working with them.
>>
This ride is way better than I was expecting.
>>
>>2328586
After going through the options with them it looks like they've gone a bit more sensible on the spending.

Current plan is 6 nights at Art of Animation, the minimum time to activate all the disney dining and giftcard offers + a reasonable amount of time to do the parks. After that, moving to the cheapest acceptable hotel we can find near Universal.

Disney transport, ubers and shuttle busses for the most part, Hire cars for if we want to do Busch Gardens.
>>
>>2328710
I always thought Kong was over-hated due to coming out alongside so many other shitty screen rides. It's really not a bad ride. I wish they would put the scare actors back in the queue though.
>>
>>2328666
>inb4 S&S air launch
>>
The Alton Towers consultation was put on hold because of the funeral. No word on when it's re-arranged to.

John Wardley was apparently hyping it up as something major but he's retired and generally just does PR for Merlin now. I think the most likely thing is a Flying Theatre (although that's no longer a major new thing as Legoland has one now). Would be really neat if it was one of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l60TeSlMoEI
>>
>>2328736
I thought it was weak. Only good part was the animatronic at the end. It wasn’t the screens either, that didn’t bother me. Just thought it was lame. Kongfrontation was 6 million times better
>>
>>2328749
That’s way better than the other flying theaters on the market like Soarin which is gay as fuck. The Legolands here have a clone but the original manufacturer of the Disney flying theater system has non-Disney versions of it.
>>
>>2328758
The other rumour is an indoor launched water ride. Intamin just announced a launched log flume and Alton Towers demolished their classic flume a few years back. This strikes me as wishful thinking though as I'm not convinced the area is big enough or that the ride building could be tall enough.
>>
File: Fc2z17JWYAERjJy.jpg (2.06 MB, 4096x2305)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
So latest Epic Universe construction pics...

Top looks to be the Universal Monsters coaster building. Looks like it's 6 stories tall? Probably won't be much more intense from a coaster PoV than Gringotts which is probably to be expected given the tech in each car, but that doesn't mean the robo arms couldn't give an intense ride.

Ministry of Magic building is huge but that could be down to the general theming of the land. Supposedly it's next gen Spider-man tech with a much greater range of vertical movement.
>>
>>2328783
I think top is the building for the Kuka, not the coaster
>>
>>2328788
It's a kuka mounted on a coaster track. The spinning coaster (replacing the theatre) is one of those foundations to the south west of it.
>>
>>2328789
Has it been confirmed they're doing the kuka-coaster? Last I heard it was just a normal kuka but without screens with the coaster being a potential change if they wanted to up the ante.
>>
>>2328873
I think the current rumor is that they're using the coaster system, but only because it allows for elevation changes, so not expecting any coaster-like elements to it.
>>
I honestly don't know why this ride has such a bad reputation. It isn't the most amazing coaster in the world, but I had fun on it and I didn't think it was rough or anything.

Now Kraken at SeaWorld I thought was unbearably rough and I didn't enjoy it at all, but I had fun on the Rockit. And listening to the Beastie Boys on a coaster is pretty cool.
>>
>>2328879
Ah, that makes sense. A shame about no true coaster segments, but I'm really looking forward to that ride.
>>2328886
It used to rattle me real bad when I was younger, but now I barely feel it, which seems like the opposite of what should . I don't know why, but I enjoyed it a lot more on my trip this year than any before it. There's something just plain fun about listening to "I Will Survive," while riding a coaster. Plus it provides great night views if you ride during HHN.
>>
>>2328673
damn
>>
File: 1632993417268.png (329 KB, 902x557)
329 KB
329 KB PNG
>>2328749
>>
my list
>>
>>2328997
>Space Mountain
>Thunder Mountain
Do you mean all versions of those rides or at specific parks?
>>
>>2328997
>Giant Dipper
Based.
>>
1. Mako
2. Journey to Atlantis
3. IceBreaker
4. Manta
POWER GAP
5. Kraken

I didn't ride Grover but it would probably be above Kraken.
>>
>>2329171
I assume the DL versions since it also mentions the DCA coasters, Matterhorn, etc
>>
>>2329254
What's wrong with Kraken?
>>
>>2329336
It beat my head up like crazy, and I waited for the front row because I heard it gets rough towards the back. Well it was rough in the front too. I felt a headache coming on when I got off. The layout is fine, but I didn't enjoy the ride experience at all.
>>
>>2328886
RRR banged me up more than Kraken. It has too many brake runs. Maybe they were trying to increase capacity by increasing the number of block zones and trains but it doesn’t seem to have worked. The ride is just boring otherwise. It looks cool but I didn’t think it was fun. I’m surprised those iPod touch looking things (that’s what they look like, not sure what they really are) still work fine to this day. Maybe they’ve replaced them though
>>
>>2328997
I take it you live on the west coast
>>
File: 20220919_200920.jpg (4.02 MB, 4032x3024)
4.02 MB
4.02 MB JPG
Just got back from Florida for the first time. Coasters ranked:

1. Mako - insanely smooth and comfy. I could ride this all day
2. Velocicoaster - 2nd launch is a beast
3. Iron Gwazi - nonstop action
4. Manta - G forces into your back is awesome
5. Cheetah Hunt - good scenery
6. Sheikra - way smoother than I expected
7. Hagrids - Fun but overhyped
8. Hulk - First half is beautiful, 2nd half is rough
9. Tigris - surprisingly fun
10. Kumba - head banger
11. Montu - head banger
12. Kraken - head banger
13. ice breaker - track is good, but trains are horrible
14. rip ride rocket - rough ride
15. Cobras curse - fun but mild
16. Scorpion - home park clone

I spent 7 days riding coasters in a row. by the last day, I was blacked out on hulk for the entire first half.
>>
Zoomie thoosies confirmed soft
>>
>>2329483
This. Can't wait to hop onto an Arrow looper again soon.
>>
>>2329477
>No Mummy
>>
>>2329551
its hard to know where to make the cutoff of what counts as a coaster, with journey to atlantis, mummy, and gringots. all 3 were pretty good, would land right around the middle
>>
gonna be going to Disney World for the first time soon.
I'll be spending a day at each park with a park hopper pass.
I was wondering what are some must try dining options throughout the whole resort?
I already got a reservation at Be Our Guest at the Magic Kingdom and Boathouse at Disney Spring
>>
>>2329483
>>2329520
The skeletal-like spine of Arrow track along with their corkscrews are iconic, but I don't feel like torturing my body to ride the ones still around. Not for nostalgia or historical reasons and certainly not for "the credit" because I'm not as autistic as thoosies.. at least not for coasters. Great American Scream Machine was one of the most painful rides ever. I don't remember the layout enough to know if Morgan could have removed the inversions and salvaged it... but Morgan was defunct years before they scrapped it anyways. Tennessee Tornado is fairly smooth though. I've never been on X2. Magnum is one of my favorites but it doesn't have inversions. Arrow didn't design those old coasters with computers, they made adjustments during the construction process. Magnum runs its course too fast because of it and the bunny hills are intense but that's why people love it.

I'll ride any of the B&M headbangers, they're still quite smooth. Even Kumba. You have to try to tilt your head forward to reduce head banging. I wish they'd put vest restraints on them though.. but vest restraints require wider trains.
>>
>>2329563
If ElToroRyan made a video about them and they have block zones, they're coasters. For those of you who don't know......
>>
>>2329584
California Grill
>>
>>2328886
>Found out about the secret song list only last year
Wanna go back, riding that with fucking Painkiller blasting must be the tits.
>>
>>2329584
That depends on what you mean by "must try"
A Disney Adult will also give you different answers than a normal person.

There is only one truly must-try restaurant in the resort, Victoria & Alberts at Grand Floridian. It's truly special.

Aside from that, California Grill during fireworks at the Contemporary if you don't mind eating late, however, check recent Yelp reviews because I hear it's seen better days. Ohana for dinner at Polynesian used to be my favorite, but aside from the bread pudding (which you can get at the bar), everything I liked about it is gone and the price is higher than ever. Brazilian steakhouses are better Ohanas than modern Ohana.

Not a full restaurant, but Nomad Lounge at Animal Kingdom is fantastic too. Great views. I'm sure Disney will ruin it one of these days.

You'll like Boathouse. Be our Guest is garbage though. Faux fine dining, overpriced. If you're weirdly obsessed with beauty and the beast you might like it, but it's overrated and trash.

I would avoid places Disney Adults like such as Le Cellier, Morimoto, Via Napoli, and all the expensive garbage "fast food" joints, etc. I wouldn't consider any character meal must do unless you have children. Hoop Dee Doo is a classic for me but that's probably nostalgia talking, there are better dinner shows around. Plus it's not easy to get to.

tl;dr - Victoria & Alberts. That's the list. Everything else is a bunch of fast food masquerading as fine dining or literal fast food, occasionally offset by nice views.
>>
>>2329477
Is that your picture? Looks awesome. I hope to make a trip to Florida as well in a few years once Epic Universe is open, Velocicoaster is very high on my wishlist, and I wasn't even that into coasters until a few months ago.
>>
>>2329904
I made my first Florida trip in nearly two decades last week. Wish I had been able to hit Busch Gardens too, but I did Universal and SeaWorld. Really great trip, and VelociCoaster was a really incredible ride. And if you get there during early park admission it's practically a walk-on for the first half hour or so.
>>
>>2329584
I'm a cheap fucking bastard, so here's my favorite "budget," options at the parks.
>Magic Kingdom
Literally nothing. MK's counter service options are bland and safe. Thankfully, you already have something planned for this park.
>Animal Kingdom
Satu'li Canteen is pretty good bang for your buck. There are also some decent snacks at the food stands.
>Hollywood Studios
Ringo
>EPCOT
You're spoiled for options here. Plenty of variety for the World Showcase and even more if a festival is happening. was pretty good, but you won't have anything in the way of variety. Docking Bay 7 was also a decent value.
>>
>>2329913
Fuck, I hate when I have to phone post and endup with some weird fucking shit. Meant to say:
>Hollywood Studios
Ronto Roasters was pretty good, but you won't have anything in the way of variety. Docking Bay 7 was also a decent value.
>EPCOT
You're spoiled for options here. Plenty of variety for the World Showcase and even more if a festival is happening.
>>
>>2329811
>>2329829
>>2329913
>>2329915
thanks for the suggestions you guys
I'll definitely try to see if i can get a reservation for Victoria and Albert

what do you guys think about The Edison and Yak & Yeti
snagged some reservation for these places before i got the chance to see your replies.
and I also got one for Sci-fi theater, but since its just mostly fast food fare, i might take it off
unless the theming is good.
>>
>>2329973
Ate at yak and yeti as a kid, don't remember how the food was
>>
File: 0_Alton-TowersJPG.jpg (100 KB, 810x539)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Retrack for Nemesis is happening. Looks like they're going to be doing more than just giving it the Hulk style Sand filled tracks.

>Major rework for Haunted house/Duel
>Major refurb for Nemesis
>New mystery indoor attraction being announced any day now

Neat stuff for Alton Towers.
>>
>>2329973
I remember loving the Scifi Drive in theatre as a kid 20+ years ago. The theming and the big screen with endless trailers for classic B-movies was great. I remember absolutely nothing about the food though.

Adding to his questions. Any suggestions for buffet places at Disney World? Will be staying at the Art of Animation, guessing the food there is pretty poor like at the All Stars.
>>
>>2330013
Oh I got an email about nemesis closing today
>>
>>2330013
Maybe the track actually rusted and they didn't see it because of the painted on rust. I know painting helps prevent rust but the Sea World B&Ms like Kraken are actually rusty
>>
>>2330025
The track probably isn't in amazing condition as it's almost 30 years old, the quieter tracks are also a big boost given how many issues they get from their neighbours.

The ride is still massively popular though so having an excuse to create a "New" Nemesis would be a boost. Could see them doing more with The Phalanx in the area, adding more to the theming and possibly also re-opening Nemesis Sub-Terra in a format where it doesn't need so many staff.
>>
>>2330015
The Golden Corral off 535.. or one of the Chinese buffets near it.

Obese "people" always recommend Cape May but the food was always meh for me. I also got unlucky and only went there when the crab legs were extra, but it was off and on and now it's off again because crab is too expensive. But so is Cape May. Trail's End for breakfast... dinner is okay, I swear you're eating leftovers from Hoop Dee Doo. But it's not easy to get to if you try to park there they'll turn you away even with a reservation they'll often say the lot is full and make you park (at no charge) at the TTC. The only reason I know this is because I tried to take my kids to the Chip and Dale campfire thing and wound up having to take a series of buses... which you have to do anyways even if you park there. I'm really not a fan of buffets anyways but those are two of the big ones besides character "all you can eat before your server stops paying attention to you" (and Chef Mickeys if that's still there... I liked it better than Cape May)
>>
Eating is stressful at Disney. Reservations are required for many table service restaurants months in advance. There are exceptions but in the parks especially, walk-ins are never guaranteed. Even months in advance could be too late or only shitty times available. There was also the absurd mask policy they added not long before removing masks. I've read some places have hours waits to be on a waiting list.

Most quick service requires mobile ordering, usually hours ahead of time or else you're fucked at some places. Disney adults and vloggers have also ruined anything above average. You'll have to wait sometimes 30 mins for Dole Whip. Or those rarely available egg rolls at MK that are 7-11 tier anyways. Quick service also has a seating problem, especially in the studios. You'll have better luck finding a parking spot at a popular beach.
>>
>>2330013
glad i got to ride this in the summer, very fun but since someone ended up coming with me i didnt get to marathon it like i wanted to : (
It was fairly rough but not terrible, im hoping they still keep the theming relatively simple and dont do anything gay to the layout like trims or anything though i dont see why they would do that
>>
>>2328693
his sources are the same as mine, I used to work there and have people that just tell me shit
from what it sounds like intamin just doesn't want to deal with that ride anymore
>>
>>2330076
Disney actively got rid of most seating areas, it's really weird. You'd think they'd love people kept off the paths and out the queues, spending extra money.

The Fountain View cafe at Epcot was amazing for sucking in the park's atmosphere and watching the fountain.

>>2330051
Like Golden Corral but it's going to be a pain without a car and I'd like to try some themed buffets if there are some.
>>
I'm thinking about going to Disney world in the future, since I've never been before.
How many days should I spend at each park? I usually like to take things a bit slow, so I'm not too much in a rush to go on every ride or show.
>>
>>2330139
People need to eat and they're most likely going to eat there since leaving the property is a time-consuming hassle. The food is overpriced but they're going to buy it anyways. So it makes no sense to reduce or remove seating and make buying food so stressful, requiring planning ahead or settling for something you don't want, if even that. I would just not eat.

There are many reasons I'm never going back but this one doesn't make any sense because. As you say, it keeps them out of the paths and spending money. It's not a hypothetical like fast pass and gift shop spending which people never did because they just went into other queues. It's crowd control in itself, but the stupid reservation systems have to control who eats when because they don't have the restaurant or seating capacity. Universal and Sea World are both better. Even at the crowded Harry Potter restaurants (except if you go on a holiday)
>>
>>2330168
It's all massively subjective.

Do you want to ride everything, including minor kids rides like Peter Pan's flight? Afternoon to evening at Disney Springs? Water Park? Will you be with kids who want to do meet and greets? Will you want to do monorail crawls? Do you want to ride E-tickets multiple times? Will you go full Disney bubble and soak up atmosphere?

2 days Magic Kingdom, 2 days Epcot, 1 day MGM, 1 day Animal Kingdom. Moderate or off-peak times, that should be enough to ride everything once. Can always park hop on second days at parks.
>>
>>2330183
“Ride everything” adults at disney creep me out. Like the millennials who exploited FP+ and now try to stretch the paid system. Mostly to ride the same rides they’ve ridden many times before. Like their vacation is just Disney rides, including the kids rides. Obviously people like to get their moneys worth and completists who wanted to do it all have always existed, but I’m referring to a specific archetype of fan who is largely to blame for the crowds. I swear they’re a product of the magic band and FP+ era.
>>
>>2330015
Biergarten in EPCOT is a German buffet. Decent food, but pricey. The theming is great though, and it's absolutely worth it at Christmas time.
>>
File: KingdaEltoro.jpg (1.4 MB, 2560x1920)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
El Toro confirmed "structurally compromised", closed indefinitely

https://nj1015.com/el-toro-wooden-coaster-structurally-compromised-six-flags-great-adventure-nj/
>>
>>2330301
get fucked eltoro fags
>>
anyone here ever tried out that steampunk chocolate factory restaurant over at Universal Orlando?
thinking about going cause i hear there's a robot character, but i wanna make sure its worth it for more than just the robot guy
>>
>>2330431
Claude is very nice, I love him.
The truffle fries are a must, I had the filet mignon when I went and it was great but that was also 2017 when prices were doable. The burgers are good too, a couple of my friends got them. The dessert is why you go, though. So be sure to get anything with chocolate.
>>2330301
Oh God, F. Please just fix it SF, don't RMC it because it'll lose its charm.
>>
>>2330431
Had a pretty damn good burger there when I went in 2020. Forget what my gf got, but I know she enjoyed it as well.
>>
>>2330301
Those supports look so rickety, must wobble like hell in any sort of wind. No wonder it's fucked up.

The coaster next to it has way more solid supports and it's no where near as tall.
>>
>>2330568
Do you know what a structural engineer is
>>
>>2330301
thoughts on RMC 208 retrak for this? Also hoping that they dont fully RMC it but with 208 it still keeps the same layout just more reliable track
>>
>>2330301
Sad
>>
Speaking of CityWalk restaurants, I tried this place last week, and while my food was nothing special and overpriced even by Orlando standards, the actual building was so cool and I'm glad I checked it out. If you like music there is so much cool stuff to look at. Also there's a slab of the Berlin Wall outside behind the restaurant that no one seems to know about.
>>
>>2330637
There's a reason hard rock cafes stuck around while planet Hollywood shrunk
>>
>>2330628
Would be a decent alternative.
Alternatively was it GCI that also came with a steel track for woodies a little back, wasn't it?
>>
>>2330637
Other places, especially fast food, caught up with the big themed burger/steak restaurants. They also did the whole "you get served 5 fries, in a little metal cup" shitty gastropub plating which is always fucking annoying given how much smaller it makes the servings.
>>
>>2329803
Stop worshiping ecelebs retard
>>
>>2330301
I rode El Toro a couple weeks before the incident and it was really rough during certain sections. It's a shame Six Flags doesn't seem to want to give it proper maintenance.
>>
Alton Towers have moved their new ride consultation for next Monday. Hopefully will get news of the ride then. Interestingly the planning application states "indoor ride" when previous applications have said "indoor coaster". Still think it'll be a flying theatre.
>>
>>2330872
It would probably be the first ride of that kind in the UK, right?
>>
Going to Disney World for the first time in years (going for 3 days - Animal, Magic Kingdom and EPCOT) in November- any must-do coasters? I think my favourite last time I went when I was a kid was the Everest one
>>
File: 0_Legoland.jpg (313 KB, 1200x1200)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>2330904
Nope, one opened in Legoland
>>
>>2330910
Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot. You've got to go through all that boarding pass bullshit though.
>>
>>2330934
Thanks I'll check it out. I've never done space mountain so looking forward to that
>>
>>2329803
shut up
>>
>>2330910
Just know not to waste your time with Seven Dwarves Mine Train. It gets the longest wait times in the park and is absolutely not worth it.
>>
>>2330932
Oh
>>
https://youtu.be/u4yAKEIXeTQ
>they made a whole album of MCU chillhop remixes for the paris marvel hotel
Cool
>>
>>2331020
And yet they put so fucking little effort into the Avengers Campus in Paris.

They didn't even remove the collectors warehouse from the Spider-man ride so you've got this random scene that makes no sense in it.
>>
File: no-glasses-ar-vr-patent.png (931 KB, 1824x1170)
931 KB
931 KB PNG
Disney Patent.

This shit would be cool if it worked but I've never seen eye tracking work well enough for you not to be constantly taken out of the experience by glitches.
>>
>>2331025
There's also a scene in the avengers coaster preshow that references mission breakout so Idk what they're planning
>>
>>2331031
They only just spent a fuck ton of money doing a complete makeover of the Tower of Terror, seems insanity to make that part of Avengers.

Of course it's been revealed that the only new thing DLP is getting for at least the next 3 years is a straight clone of Epcot's Frozen and a fucking teacups ride so maybe they'll do an emergency retheme and pretend its a new attraction.
>>
What happens first a fifth WDW park or a third gate in Anaheim?
>>
>>2324551
are the six flags theme parks close to the bay area worth checking out
>>
>>2331090
There's only one
>>
>>2331090
There’s uh Vallejo marine world I think and Santa Cruz boardwalk

The best thing to see in this area are the zodiac killer crime scenes you have to drive out to the first scene David faraday and Betty Lou Jensen it’s still very remote and isolated on a country road me and my brother did it at night it was definitely spooky rare that a vehicle went by
>>
File: best parks.jpg (483 KB, 2488x1522)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
Can someone give me a guide to the best way to access most of the best parks?

So many of the best coaster parks are so far away from any major airports, and also don't offer any shuttles, so is it even possible to get there without renting a car?
LA and Orlando parks are easy to get to, but places like Cedar Point, Kings Island, Hersheypark, Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, etc. seem impossible to get to without a car, which adds a ton of cost to the trip...
>>
>>2331038
Wouldn't that be harder to do with the paris tower being made out of concrete instead of steel?
>>
>>2331255
Use Rome2rio
>>
>>
>>2331564
>>
>>2331565
>>
>>2331566
>>
>>2331567
>>
>>2331568
>>
>>2331087
Didn't they clear a plot of land for a 3rd gate or waterpark in Anaheim? Like over a decade ago? If they still have it, it probably has offices and shit on it now. Gave up to 'save' DCA
>>
>>2331564
>>2331565
>>2331566
>>2331567
>>2331568
>>2331570
Link to the original POV video?
>>
>>2331255
Just get a car. Even in Orlando you should have a car. You don't need it in Orlando but you should have it.

You need to be 21. If you're under 25 it's harder and usually costs more. Weekends and weekend overnights cost the most. And coupon codes usually fuck you over (I'll explain).

Travel aggregate sites don't usually have the best price, check the rental place directly. If the rental site has a coupon code pre-populated, search your dates with and without the code, it's often cheaper without it. Try codes you find online.. like from Disney travel sites like mousesavers. Some work, some don't, some only work during the week and don't work when you add a weekend. Corporate and bereavement rates usually aren't discounted and again adding a weekend day makes them cost more. Check well in advance and keep checking back. I've gotten the National 'Emerald Isle' for like $250 total for 7 days before but it does depend on the location. If you fly in to Cleveland for a park road trip of OH/PA/VA/TN, for example, it would cost more. But there are several major cities in those states to choose from.

The parks in Orlando aren't exactly right next to the airport. They're close and there is an established network of transportation. That's pretty unique, not many places like that (if at all.. aside from Vegas and its cabs). The above states, if you plan it right, could cover a road trip making a big circle where you could choose from CedarP, KW, HP, Knobels, DorP, SFGAdv, KD, BGW, CW, SFG, DollyW, KK, Holiday World, and KI. But not all of them unless you're crazy.
>>
>>2331570
sometimes i forget that at least half the coaster fandom has autism and then i get reminded.
i mean i am autistic too so idk desu
>>
>>2331652
All thoosies have some degree of autism. They’re all on the spectrum. Anybody counting “credits” for example
>>
>>2331654
there was an old RCT forum i used to browse heavily as a kid years ago. It's gone now, but just remembering it it should have been blatantly obvious that 95% of the userbase was autistic lol.
even some coaster tubers you can tell have autism, but honestly idek anymore. just let people be people
>>
>>2331570
I'm so glad I've never gone off the far end on any of my hobbies.
>>2331654
I legit don't think there's anything inherently wrong with credits, is just a specific way of saying that you are keeping a tally, credit hunting autism is a different beast altogether.
>>
>>2331702
I agree. I keep track of the coasters I've ridden, but I don't ride kiddie coasters when I go to parks.
>>
Is seas really gonna announce this next week? While an actual fucking huricane is going to hit florida?
>>
File: 1645709504450.jpg (120 KB, 600x690)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>family tells me last minute to buy Disneylandd tickets for the 25th when they bought theirs a week ahead of time
I'm not going to be able to buy tickets am I?
>>
>>2332034
Don't you also need to reserve the date?
>>
>>2332146
Reserving the day is buying the tickets. Been refreshing for 3 hours with no luck. Days I don't need are the ones opening up.
>>
>>2332147
Oh right, guess disneyland cali doesn't sell undated tickets
>>
At Hersheypark now this parks layout sucks
>>
>4 shot at Kennywood
wtf is wrong with people? Especially at Halloween events?

In the UK you get "travellers day" in the run up to Halloween where the parks become a no-go area with constant fights, staff get abused and all the gift shops are stripped from the shoplifting.
>>
>>2332432
Agreed. Real pain in the ass to navigate, but it makes the line for Candymonium tolerable mid-day since no one wants to go back to the front of the park.
>>2332675
Unfortunately, every day is "African-American Day," in America. So you can't even plan around it.
>>
>>2332675
>wtf is wrong with people? Especially at Halloween events?
N
>>
>>2332432
yeah join the club. its unberable sometimes

>>2332775
I
>>
>>2332675
Poor people literally should not be allowed in amusement parks. Jack those prices up.
>>
Is Universal Orlando worth it to just go for one day or should i just explore Orlando itself?
the airlines fucked me over and now I have an extra day down there
if it was a weekday, i probably would but since its a weekend and I'm not really feeling like fighting a crowd so cause of that I'm not sure if its worth it or not
>>
>>2333073
I think you could have a lot of fun for one day.
>>
>>2332804
G
>>
Alton Towers news should leak out today. still about 90% it'll be a flying theatre but I'm hoping for something interesting.
>>
>>2333166
E
>>
>>2333206
L
>>
>>2333192
There's now a codename for it: Project Horizon.
>>
>>2333073
When? The hurricane might make everyone close up shop for a couple days.
>>
I got interested in Arrow mine trains recently after riding Thundernation at Silver Dollar City. The two US Big Thunder Mountains are bugging me because I always thought they were Arrow. Some sources say Arrow, some sources say Disney dropped Arrow by then and Space Mountain was the last thing they made for them. Others claim they didn’t make that either. WED/Imagineering didn’t exactly ever make a roller coaster though. RCDB lists no manufacturer for either. The track definitely looks like Arrow on both, but the only Disney coaster officially credited to Arrow is Matterhorn. Whether officially credited or not I’m pretty darn sure they’re Arrow tracks.
>>
>>2333570
If you watch the "Problematic Coasters" video about it (cringe title but the info is good), the block system is so rookie-tier that it's obvious WED had their hands in it too. Most if not all of the hardware was certainly Arrow, though.
>>
>>2333583
They've improved their blocking since then, Test track has an insanely well engineered block system with at least 3 independent systems keeping the cars apart.
>>
>>2333583
While it was my immediate impression that “problematic coasters” was a cringey title, I realized that Ryan was actually using the word in its original meaning (something which is prone to causing problems) rather than in the meaningless buzzword way it has come to be used, which I’m so used to seeing I incorrectly assumed that’s how it was being used here.
>>
>>2333583
I’ve watched all those including the BTM one. And yeah, it’s definitely Arrow hardware. Apparently Arrow is even stamped on some things.
>>2333796
Test Track isn’t a roller coaster, it’s a large powered slot car ride vehicle. It’s not uncommon to wait in front of the door outside for the final loop rather than speed through it.

BTM is a roller coaster, it isn’t powered. BTM has two load/unload areas to increase trains and capacity, and also to add and remove trains while the ride is in operation. If both stations are occupied, the preceding block zone will stop an approaching train which will lead to a cascade shutdown of all other trains when they approach the brakes in their respective block zones. As seen in the problematic coasters video, these brakes are on uphill sections. If the train is released, it will valley. The trains have to be evacuated and then winched to a spot that can propel them so they can then clear the course. This is a very strange and inefficient design. Apparently this was fixed on the Tokyo version.
>>
how fast does the orlando park recovers after a hurricane?
>>
>>2334222
It’s so rare it’s only happened a few times and mostly in the last 20 years. The longest was the one in 2004, closed for 3 days. There was damage to trees and signs and building exteriors but most parks were fine. The others were only a day or part of a day. There was one other that was 2 days and there were damaged trees and stuff but not like 2004. Probably a nothingburger cause central Florida isn’t coastal Florida. Lots of hype, shelter in place, maybe some signs will fall down and the power will go out. They’ll open back up after a couple days.
>>
>>2333046
The problem is those who can afford a price hike are still turned off by higher prices. The various fast pass systems partly exist to offset waits when there’s crowds for those who have the money. This doesn’t take care of the “human” trash problem. These new chaperone policies everywhere are a good start. It’s not unruly drunk adults most of the time it’s teenage “youths” of Sub-Saharan racial stock. Including the Kennywood incident
>>
>>2334222
I'm more worried about BG, from what I've read, Tampa is very flat and low so that could lead to heavy flooding.
>>
>>2334471
>Iron Gwazi destroyed
>>
>>2333258
smashing
>>
>>2334486
Tampa is outside the supposed path of the center. Center is headed to Orlando though. It will probably just fizzle out into a tropical storm and nothing will happen. Maybe take down a bunch of signs and siding like IoA's cheap Marvel and Toon theming.

Tampa's still gonna get some high winds though. RIP Iron Gwazi. In all seriousness, Iron Ghazi's structure is reinforced with steel support columns. The wood is 70% new construction, they barely used anything from the Gwazi structure. The lift hill is steel. If Steel Vengeance was in its place, it might be an issue since that doesn't have the steel reinforcements and re-uses most of the old lumber from Mean Streak.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxoCfxxMzyY

First of the launched log flumes has been announced. Looks fun but I can't help but feel the launch should be part of a dark ride element...

Also a bit weasly with the steepest drop part, categorising it for water coasters. Valhalla has a 70degree drop
>>
>>2334685
I like a fun water ride and this seems pretty cool.
>>
File: Honeyview_figment.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/xqp5x6/disney_character_figment_getting_feature/

Figment bros, Money paw or did we win?

Either way, update/restore the fucking ride.
>>
>>2334764
I feel like we've already been monkey paw'd just from it being live-action instead of animation. Fantasy landscapes in the Disney live-action remakes all look the goddamn same and I don't expect the Realms of Imagination to be much different.

Adapting the comics could still salvage it though.
>>
>>2334764
maybe that popcorn bucket made a difference after all. also >seth rogen
>>
>>2334764
Reminder that “Journey into Imagination with Figment” has now outlived the original attraction by 6 years. 8 years if you count JITYI and I do because it’s just a poor quality remix of that no budget poor quality ride. Fuck the Kodak sponsorship, they destroyed a perfectly good, unique, and timeless dark ride. They could have replaced the turntable with something that isn’t a maintenance nightmare but instead completely destroyed the attraction. Never mind the fact that the pavilion itself has been in disarray most of the last 24 years. I hear the current ride is in a state of bad show too.

Also fuck Seth Rogan, he belongs in a fucking oven.
>>
>>2334764
Oh jesus. I mean if this means they can refurbish Journey Into Imagination into being more like the original I'll take it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
>>
>>2334486
Hurricane downgraded to tropical storm. Iron Gwazi spared. Recent memory hurricanes like Irma didn't affect the old Gwazi structure before.. Not sure if any others ever did. So it will probably be fine. Sky Ride got damaged from this one though.
>>
>>2335339
>Sky Ride got damaged from this one though.
Where did you hear that
>>
File: Fd1HiVsVQAEtL6V.jpg (33 KB, 550x413)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
The dinosaurs got out of Jurassic Park River Adventure.
>>
File: Fd0yfEuWAAEpGIM.jpg (64 KB, 680x510)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>2335348
From here:
https://www.dailypress.com/virginiagazette/va-vg-weather-impacts-colonial-triangle-20220926-ubea75rkc5gdrils2qlfhjbika-story.html
But it's from the 27th. Also Jurassic Park River Adventure's building was damaged
>>
>>2335369
Ha! I was 2 seconds late
>>
>>2335369
Honestly I wish they'd use this as an excuse to give the ride a full refurbishment. Update some of the dinos. Of course I'm sure they have to plan all that stuff out and it's not as easy as just doing it now that the ride's gotta close for a bit.
>>
Looks like there may not be further news on the new Alton Towers ride for a while. The consultation was purely on the ride building

>ride building is 71m by 46 with a max height of 20m but it also has a tilting roof and requirements not to be visible above the treeline. No planning application for excavation so it won't dig down
>John Wardley was hyping it up, seems very likely it's a coaster of some sort
>Already has an Intamin sfx coaster so that likely rules out a bunch of similar coasters

Gerstlauer Bobsled coaster with lots of dark ride elements maybe? Not if Merlin are still on good terms with them after The Smiler but they've did a Partial darkride Eurofighter with Saw.
>>
>>2335369
I know it has no reason for the facade to be so resilient given most of the building is empty aside from supports but it's still weird seeing how thin the cladding is.

Will be interesting to see how fast the repair is.
>>
>>2335401
Probably pretty fast. I recall seeing pics from both Charley and Irma from both Disney and Universal with damaged building exteriors and siding. Construction walls toppled, awnings down to bar cable, plants and trees everywhere, etc. It was quickly repaired and cleaned up, I don't remember how long but by the holidays you wouldn't have known except for the businesses out on 192 and I drive and 535 that still had missing signs and siding for months because they don't have theme park budgets.

I wonder if the ride will even close when the park reopens, the interior is probably fine and from the look of it not exposed. Unless it's a bad angle and it is exposed
>>
>>2335370
That's Busch Gardens in Virginia
>>
>>2335388
Maybe they'll change it to jurassic world like the Hollywood ride
>>
>>2335472
I'm an idiot.Thanks anon
>>
>>2335478
Considering that Velocicoaster already has the JW theme is not a matter of 'if' but of 'when'
And I fucking hate it.
>>
>>2335539
I don't think the rebooted franchise has many fans. The first movie is clearly more timeless. I really believe them when they say they don't plan to retheme River Adventure.
>>
I've got to pick Disney world at the start of March or start of september.

Which should I pick?
>>
>>2335570
Check the touring plans crowd calendar.
>>
>>2335570
Post-labor day to start of October is one of the least busy periods for disney world so aim for that if possible.
>>
>>2335572
They're all a bit vague for the start of march, most say average to busy at the start, then hell on earth near Easter.

>>2335573
Only got those two options unfortunately. Think I'll go with start of September. First weekend will be busy but should be 'quiet' afterwards.
>>
File: Fd2flHhWIBA73C2.jpg (90 KB, 990x515)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Hulk coaster flooded
>>
>>2335588
Pretty crazy to see that.
>>
>>2335588
sick splashdown
>>
>>2335588
will this rust the track being submerged in water? i know they just retracked the ride and i hope this doesnt ruin it
>>
>>2335569
They should overhaul it with animatronics similar to the I-Rex in the Hollywood version but make them Spinos. Then you can have a T-Rex v. Spino showdown at the end, giving it an amped up finale without removing the classic theming. At the very least I hope they spruce up those herbivores at some point.
>>
>>2335712
The herbivores are more important. The t-rex at the end still looks good. But I feel bad for that one at the beginning with the broken neck.
>>
>>2335588
Some are claiming this is an old photo. If it is, I can’t find it anywhere before today. But it wouldn’t surprise me, plus Universal has only acknowledged Jurassic Park
>>2335708
The tunnel in the pic is normally full of a water vapor mist/fog effect. So probably not.
>>
>>2335708
i rode it a year ago and it was already a rough ride
>>
>>2335742
I thought Hulk was rougher than Rip Ride Rockit, but not as rough as Kraken at SeaWorld.
>>
>>2335708
>will this rust the track being submerged in water?
No
>>
>>2335742
>>2335758
Rough as in B&M rattle or rough as in head banging on the restraints? Every B&M I've ridden with these restraints has head banging and Hulk especially, both versions of it, gives me a headache after one ride. People say you can minimize this by tilting forward but it's not easy to keep my head in that position. It's been like that since I first rode it as a teen a couple years after it was built. Supposedly the old Hulk had B&M rattle but I didn't notice.
>>
>>2335945
Also, they should have added trains with vest restraints on the new version. Modifications for wider trains wouldn't have been an issue considering they completely scrapped the entire original coaster including its supports and trains. The near-identical Decepticoaster in Beijing has them. Speaking of Decepticoaster, what are the odds that Hulk 2.0 was originally built for Beijing? 2015-2016 fits plus that park was delayed a year. I still think the scrapping of the original has more to do with the Marvel contract.
>>
>>2335945
Hulk did bang my head up. I didn't get a headache but I didn't want to ride it more than once. I still enjoyed it though. Kraken banged my head too but it was worse. I didn't enjoy that one very much.
>>
>>2335958
I wouldn't want to ride Hulk more than once either but I do also enjoy it. It's got a great first half up until he MCBR.

Kraken I haven't ridden in years. I remember driving past it all the time while on the Disney college program about 20 years ago and thinking it looked amazing (I hadn't ridden a lot of coasters yet). I had no money and chose IoA over SW though. SW only had Kraken and Atlantis. When I did ride it later I remember it wasn't anything special. Atlantis was tame but more impressive to me plus it had a lot of effects back then that aren't there any longer.
>>
>>2335588
So this isn't an old pic like some people are saying. The water level of the nearby lagoons is raised (lagoon in the middle of IoA and the ones bordering the nearby hotels and Citywalk that are connected to each other). The areas near the lagoons are flooded. Half of Hulk's track is in the IoA lagoon with its supports in a walled off section where the water is lower. This is what spilled over and flooded the mist tunnel. There are supposedly pumps in the tunnel to get the water out. Not sure how long this would take or if it cleared up yet
>>
>>2335973
I never saw Atlantis in its heyday, but it is still very unique and I liked it a lot.
>>
>>2335983
Atlantis could use some love but those effects probably won't be back. I think they turned off the Medusa and other effects because they were scaring children
>>
Did anyone figure out what the surf coaster is supposed to be?
>>
>>2331568
>>2331570
this has to be fake
>>
4chan and EPCOT apparently share a birthday
>>
>>2336540
>surf coaster
Is that something new or is that some shit prototype that west coast fags overly hype cause they have no other frame of reference?
>Muh X2
>Muh pretzel loop gimmick shitty B&M
Magic Moutain faggots are insufferable. Nobody gives a fuck about your shitty 1 train ops garbage quantity over quality park. Yes you were once in competition with cedar point. You lost. Your irrelevant. Got to any really park on the east coast with modern coasters. Yeah, you suck. Cope, califaggots
>>
>>2336672
Sorry I forgot about twisted colossus. When dueling that’s actually really good.

The west coast has nothing else. No giga. No Steel vengeance. No lightning rod. No iron gwazi. No velocicoaster. No maverick. No pantheon. Just a bunch of cope over some shitty prototypes like x2 ehicuh is basically tumbli. Plus gimmick flying pretzel trash. They got the quantity but who gives a fuck? Pennsylvania and Ohio rape the fuck out of you. Seeth, dilate, and cops califags
>>
>>2336672
Enjoy your restaurant and family coaster I guess
>>
>>2336540
It's been announced for months already
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtCvKv3569o
>>
>>2336700
That doesn't say what it is. Is it just a 2-abreast stand-up?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.