[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 105 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: 61374771_605[1].jpg (62 KB, 1199x674)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
Come visit friends
>1st world country with third world country prices
>Really cool temples and nature
>Traditional Chinese culture
>If you look western you get treated like a celebrity
>>
forgot to mention ugly run down buildings and dead nightlife
>>
>>2320049
>Dead nightlife
>Night markets everywhere
>Bars everywhere
By nightlife you specifically mean clubbing I assume which yeah, they don't club outside of major cities but considering 60% of the population lives in a major city even that isn't an issue.
>>
>>2320050
Actually scratch that. 70% live in a city of 1.8 million or more and another 20% live within an hour of one. So yeah, basically there is no excuse for not finding something to do on a Friday night unless you are apart of the 10% living in a village.
>>
>>2320049
>ugly run down buildings
yeah, the state of many of the buildings puts OPs claim of 1st world into doubt.
>>
>>2320044
This Xi troll is trying to lure in westerners to take hostage when the shit hits the fan next months.
>>
>>2320044
Bullshit, give me a link where they confirm it
>>
>>2320044
Word is it is only opening for Japs to begin with. Sorry, westoids... Better luck in 2024
>>
>>2320044
>Traditional Chinese culture
>Has Largest Fagg parade in Asia
>Speaks Gay Southern Fujianese
>Worships Anglos
>Temple striptease
>>
>>2320044
Lol I booked a flight to Taiwan a week ago. Thought it was open to tourists. This post seems like it’s an unfounded claim so I’m either gonna have to use my flight as a layover. Or hustle a religious or volunteer visa
>>
>>2320044
Based af

WHERE DO I GO TO /COOM/????
>>
>>2320044
How's local tinder for gwailo
>>
>>2320300
You aren't getting in anyway faggot, doesn't matter.
>>
>>2320290
Nowhere. That's Taiwan not Thailand
>>
Is it as easy to rent a motorbike there as it is in, say, Vietnam? i.e., don't need any special documents?
>>
>>2320356
Places outside of big cities or in the islands? Yes.
Cities? No. You can rent 50cc e-scooters without a license.
>>
>>2320044
You forgot to mention the hot ass weather, cockroaches, mosquitoes and earthquakes
>>
File: taiwan temple.png (784 KB, 800x533)
784 KB
784 KB PNG
>>2320044
>Really cool temples
muh trad ReAl ChYnA Muh Muh
>>
>>2320495
I'm failing to see the problem here.
>>
>>2320049
>dead nightlife
Ask me how I know you're ugly or weird
>>
>>2320500
maybe you're a degen mutt yourself then. How is it muh trad or nice to have SEA monkes strip dancing in temples? That's actually a widespread thing, along with other degen faggotry like Fag parades. You can give taiwan as much credit as you want for making chips and all that, but calling it "TRAD"? And even going as far to say it's mopre trad than the mainland, as if a two party lib democracy is what the 100 schools of though would've wanted.
>>
>>2320501
prove him wrong then.
>>
>>2320290
if white? anywhere.
>>
>>2320521
how truthful is this? have you actually been there?
>>
Fat chance, they’re thinking of doing a Japan-style tour thing. Nothing confirmed yet though.
>>
>>2320554
nah he's just a /gif/tard who thinks [Insert random Asian place name] = Tailand.
>>
>>2320518

You okay there bud
>>
>>2320605
Yep, why?
>>
>>2320044
Bueno, time for TIIGHT Taiwanese pussy
>>
>>2320648
ew
>>
I was there a little before covid, and Taipei was a great place for online dating if you are a clean cut white dude.

I never slept alone unless I wanted to, and the women in general are well kept, slim, polite, but enjoy sex and are eager for it on the first date. There is a language barrier but that makes things easier if you are a little bit socially awkward.

I wasn't interested in any tourism activities but the stuff in the cities are designed to be as full of 'instagrammable moments' as possible, so you can just bring a chick with you from point to point while she takes the required pictures for her profile, and you may or may not be in them. Don't take it personally if she doesn't want to show you off.

They are just Chinese people without the CCP insanity making them ruthless and terrified all the time. A lot more laid back in general, more westernized in some way.
>>
>>2320728
how about if you want a regular fuck buddy? i hate having to meet so many new people
>>
What are the best sights on the east coast of Taiwan? How are the people?
>>
I can’t wait. I’m going to do the Bicycle Route No. 1, which goes around the whole island. Spend each night in a new roadside hostel while I complete that, taking my time in each little city, maybe 10 days or so, then spend the remaining 2 weeks in Taipei going to night markets and taking day trips to the national parks.
>>
>>2320565
cope
>>
>>2320728
>CCP insanity

CCP is fucking based. I'd rather have some mao posters here and there than the yank and FAGGBT flags.
>>
>>2321172
Enjoy getting tested every 48 hours for a meme flu and showing your green lüma/health code to fetch some groceries.
>>
>>2321189
I'm only going there after all that. You shouldn't judge a country purely on their covid policy.
>>
>>2321189
Also in what way is taiwan more laid back than Southern China? Ever been to Xiamen?
>>
>>2320288
taiwan yesterday (monday) announced a large number of visa waiver countries can enter from September 12th. you will need 3 days quarantine if you arrive before end of september.
50k tourist limit per week, but no idea how they work that out.
>>
>>2321172
I lived in China and it was impossible to post from there cause they banned google (based). The captchas used Google services. Now it's possible but you see very few. Tbh if you ever see a flag of Asia or Africa it's 99.99% going to be an ESL teacher or tourist. I've gone all around Asia and never met a single person who even heard of this website.
>>
>>2321372
I was able to post fine from mainland using a 4chan gold account.
>>
>>2321372
>I lived in China and it was impossible to post from there cause they banned google (based).
Banning google but not 4chan is indeed extremely based.

>Tbh if you ever see a flag of Asia or Africa it's 99.99% going to be an ESL teacher or tourist.
Yep or a proxyfag

>I've gone all around Asia and never met a single person who even heard of this website.
True, they either use youtube, reddit (with vpn in china) or their own stuff.
>>
>>2321381
B A S E D captcha hater
A
S
E
D
>>
>>2321403
To be fair practically no Chinese I met knew reddit either. They thought Quora was our reddit lol. I'm in Korea and people know reddit though. Not popular though.
>>
>>2321368
Wait, I haven’t seen anything about quarantine-free after september. Where did you get that?
>>
>>2321408
>Quora
So they know Quora huh? Interesting.

But again, just like the koreans and japanese they have stuff in their own language so it kinda makes sense they're not aware of reddit.
>>
>>2321001
It's simple. Oftentimes they'll get way too attached though (especially if you're tall)
>>
>>2321014
Taroko Gorge is the best spot on the east coast. English is next to nowhere spoken on the east coast by anyone outside of Dulan.
>>
>>2321410
press conference in early/mid august the cecc guy said that was the plan the government wanted but they wouldn't comment until they were announcing it. commentators said it was likely to happen.
>>
I banged some hot tw whores in hk so maybe I'll go find their bimbos
>>
>>2321426
Quora is something between Baidu Zhidao and Baidu Tieba so they can easily relate their experiences.
>>
>>2320044
I kind of want to go there just to see that giant ball inside the skyscraper. And some giant silicone impants.
>>
>>2320044
So its basically china just smaller
>>
>>2322366
it's more like
>Hong Kong but larger
>Singapore but shittier
>Japan but only the mid tier parts
>Korea but warmer

It feels like all those places more than mainland china.
>>
>>2322399
Don't forget
>Vietnam but richer
>>
>>2322403
true
>>
>>2322403
Thailand but less scammy
>>
>>2322399
>Malaysia but not Islamic
>>
>>2320044
>third world price s
not the house price
>>
>>2322399
>>2322448
>New York but with more chinks
>>
>>2322399
>America but less mutty
>>
>>2322366
i wouldn't even say it is china but smaller. it is asian. the east coast and the small rural towns are not like the small rural towns in china. the cities are not like chinese cities.
i would say it is more like a lower quality japan with different people, like if you tried to make japan but only had chinese shit from 40 years ago.
>>
>>2322546
>>2322399
hi glowie G.I.
>>
>>2320044
Anyone done the gold card? How long did approval take?
>>
>>2324240
got denied.
wasted 3 months and 300$
>>
>>2320728
sounds comfy
>>
>>2324598
3 months? sheeeeit
what category did you try for?
>>
>>2322546
Do the people wear masks?
>>
>>2324703
before covid when i was there you saw the average amount of people for a asian country wearing masks on the metro.
now from media it looks like you are meant to wear masks outside and maybe in some indoor places. some shops require them but i don't know if all do. short answer is probably yes.
>>
>>2320049
>dead nightlife
>bars on every fucking street
>family-friendly night life in the forms of street markets
>all you can drink clubs all over Taipei 101 that litterally hands out free beer, with people queueing over a hundred meter for every fucking joint (that's only the 101 ones let alone all the others with every theme and music genre covered)
>24/7 fast food joints and 7/11 at every corner of every fucking street, meaning you could still improvise something in the middle of the night

If you don't live in Taipei or its surroundings, you're deliberately asking to be in a quiet place and thus forfeited your right to complain, or you're fucking retarded and didn't do the most elementary of research in which case you have no right to complain.

>>2322399
>Hong Kong but cleaner
>Singapore but with sexier women and cheaper shit
>Japan without the stuck up locals and most importantly, the half-bipolar half-weaboo expat crowd
>Korea but the food is edible

I do agree with your statement though.
>>
>>2324240
If you want your gold card make sure you're doing this shit by the book. Also, not all categories are made equal. I somehow fucking doubt that a youtuber would get the right to a gold card even though there is a dedicated category to it, same goes for the defence sector.
>>
>>2324909
Don't forget the parks that are open 24/7, biggest are da'an park and the xindian/tamsui river park that makes up the length of taipei city and beyond with huge fucking bridges that makes up for perfect spots for organizing either raves or just an all night party with friends, the warmth makes it so that you'll never feel too cold during the night.
>>
>>2324909
hullo sir ... good morning ... taiwan easy creampie 4 brahman brothers?
>>
>>2320044
tourists still need to do the covid test before arriving and "self quarantine" at hotel for 3 days. why are chinese people so autistic?
>>
>>2324928
always sir, thank you ji
>>
>>2324935
because they don't need your tourism. Taiwan has based its economy around selling semi conductors. few westerners visited the place and the asians couldn't give a fuck about a country that is litterally redundancy incarnate as >>2324909
>>2322399
pointed out.
>>
>>2324940
This is not entirely true, there is a whole economy of tourism.
Some hostels or restaurants where I went before covid have already closed permanently...
>>
>>2324940
>because they don't need your tourism. Taiwan has based its economy around selling semi conductors.
you are fucking retarded if you genuinely believe this. its a large sector of their economy but its far from being the only thing. educate yourself you retard
>>
>>2325240
Every country has tourism sector, even utter shitholes. Thing is, some countries entirely rely their economy on it, some just partially, and some other just a little bit.
Taiwan is definitely not a country relying a lot on it; and even so, tourism is mostly from neighboring countries such as Japan or Singapore.
>>
>>2320250
Yes, traditional Chinese culture.
>>
>>2320049
>dead nightlife
Absolutely the most retarded thing I've ever read, there's no way you've been to Taipei and think that.
>>
>>2320044
Based Taiwan demoted Japanese visa-free travel lol. I’m assuming because Japans travel restrictions. Karma.
>>
>>2324909
>>Korea but the food is edible
people travel to Korea just for the food. it was the absolute highlight of the country for me, and some of the best food I've had anywhere in the world.
I've literally only heard Chinese people say that Chinese food is better than Korean
>>
>>2325290
It's not a question of belief, it's a question of observation and education. I've been there, and the amount of foreign tourists is abysmal, even pre-covid. People didn't know about Taiwan and confused it with Thailand. People didn't know shit about it, and most tourists there were either mainlanders or japs. You'll see families going to NYC or Paris out of simple curiosity. This isn't something that happens in Taiwan. Everyone wants to see the Eiffel Tower, nobody gives a fuck about Taipei 101.

As for education :
https://taiwaninsight.org/2019/09/16/why-chinas-solo-tourist-ban-is-not-a-big-deal-for-taiwan/

>According to the World Travel & Tourism Council’s estimates, the total travel and tourism contribution (including indirect and induced contributions) as percentage of GDP in Taiwan was 4.3% in 2017, far less than Macao’s 61.3%, Thailand’s 21.2%, Hong Kong’s 16.7%, China’s 11%, or Japan’s 6.8%. Taiwan is less dependent on tourism so its economy is therefore more resilient against a sudden decline of foreign tourists.
>>
>>2320554
Litterally nothing prevents you from using a dating app and a VPN and comparing how many matches you get there vs here. People are out here answering your questions but it's not enough, they also need to spend time proving this shit to you. Don't believe it, verify the facts by yourself.
>>
>>2324935
Technically quarantine for 7 days, but will probably get scrapped in the next month
>>
>>2326336
It's not going anywhere m8
>>
>>2326084
Look anon, I was a bitch ass nigga for saying what I said. You're absolutely right. My apologies.
>>
>>2325978
>Korean
>Food

Doesn't exist. Their traditional food is basically vegan chineses food, their modern food is American abominations like putting cheese and BBQ on bractically anything, including noodles.
>>
>>2327390
Well it's delicious. Cope harder.
>>
>>2324883
I was just in Thailand. You saw very few Asians who weren't wearing masks 100% of the time in public. There was no mask mandate. They are just hyperconformist bug people who would commit suicide if they ever did anything that made them lose face. And not following through with the retarded cold virus rituals would be a loss of face. I guess the fact that Asia is a disgusting pile of filth, garbage, and sewage doesn't matter when there is a cold virus out there.

Bug people are gay
>>
>>2327390
Traditional Korean food is mostly seafood. They love stuff like octopus and geoduck and weird shit like that.
>>
What's the best site for finding accommodation in Taiwan? Booking dot com?
>>
>>2327790
Hotel's website directly. Like in any other country.
>>
>>2327813
What if I want to do home-stays or go to a backpackers?
>>
>>2327409
>They are just hyperconformist bug people who would commit suicide if they ever did anything that made them lose face. And not following through with the retarded cold virus rituals would be a loss of face.

Yeah I'm there right now and its honestly fucking pathetic how they still go through this shit.

I'm convinced that its actually just an excuse for privacy and to not wear makeup. Most thai women are cripplingly self concious of their appearance and being able to hide most of their gooky features in public is a godsend for them.

I was at this festival thing at the beach last night and hundreds of these dumbfuck thais were wearing masks outside while going through a night market and with their family members and kids in tow. Insectile. Disgusting. Gross and offensive.
>>
>>2321246
They still have it going. It's actually terrifying and being used as a tool of political control. I hate the globohomo bullshit as much as the next guy but the alternative in this case is so much worse.
>>
>>2327790
>>
>>2326336
East Asia is still insane, 7 days?
>>
>>2327409
>Bug people are gay

Yet you keep coming to their country.
>>
>>2327883
>being used as a tool of political control.
only deranged mutt 4channers think like that about any issue.
>>
File: Neckbeard_%28man%29.png (173 KB, 360x360)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>>2327409
>"I was just in Thailand. You saw..."
>>
>>2327409
Did they check for vaccine pass if you didn’t have rt-pcr test ? How many days did you get in the country on your visa ?
>>
>>2320044
yeah enjoy wearing a mask 24/7
this is what happens when /pol/ goes to taiwan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiFK7fugd8M
>>
>>2328444
that was last year bro, back when most of the world was this obsessed with masks
>>
>>2320476
We also get typhoons.
>>
>>2324703
It was common to wear the masks prior to COVID due to the pollution from the scooters.
>>
>>2327409
>The average ignorant, NEET, sexpat take

They're wearing masks because they're being polite and the thought that masks would be used for whatever fucking political gain (when it actually anonymizes you and litterally gives you a shit ton of freedom) didn't even cross their mind, because they know how dictatorship works (even taiwan was one until relatively recently) and they know that this has nothing to do with that. They've integrated the idea, since SARS, that when you're coughing, the polite thing to do is to wear a mask.

You want true globohomo domination, take off your mask when you're demonstrating and make sure you've being identified by the police and put on a watch list like the useful idiot you are.
>>
>>2327883
>a tool of political control
No, they're making do with whatever the fuck they have to cater to the populace and party members. Covid has fucked them up politically and they're trying to stabilize the situation by whatever means necessary, which is how the party usually works anyway. Covid wasn't so much a pretext as it actually was a major cause of their meltdown.

Japan isn't closing their borders because the oligarchs in power have this secret desire of keeping Japan guarded and pure, they do it because they can't afford losing the boomer vote. Same goes for Taiwan.

No fucking dictator or even democratic government wants to deal with a crisis like this because you always lose face in these periods, there's always something you'll fuck up, and popular opinion always decreases. Thinking that somehow covid was something a government actually wants to handle as a pretext to keep everyone on a short leash is absolutely retarded.
>>
>>2328508
>Japan isn't closing their borders because the oligarchs in power have this secret desire of keeping Japan guarded and pure, they do it because they can't afford losing the boomer vote. Same goes for Taiwan.
Bullshit. Both Nips and Taiwanks are directly controlled from DC.
>>
>>2328469
No, this is representative of the mindset of taiwan, and the retard deserve what was coming to him.

They're pretty nice and tolerant of foreigner bullshit but when it's too much, it's too much. poltards complain about african americans not complying with the police and then often try to pull this shit off abroad only to be treated just like their compatriots.
>>
>>2328505
>masks actually being useful in the general population
>in 2020+2.5
You have some healing crystals for sale too?
>>
>>2328514
Masks do not work because when the harm is done, wearing a mask is like trying to fix your plumbing with a bandaid.

Meanwhile in Taiwan, which was used to this bullshit, and many other asian countries that were too, easily contained the epidemic because everyone had everything they needed at home already. Quarantine alone wouldn't've been enough, since Taiwan only really closed their border after the Chinese New year and there was a lot of traffic between the mainland and taiwan at the time for obvious reasons. There were also a shit ton of articles of taiwanese and mainlanders that were sick and came in anyway. When people were about to run out of reserves, Taiwan decided to ration this shit severely through they 7/11s.

You want irrational hysteria, just look at our own fucking countries as they everyone unraveled and started buying hydroalcoholic gel by the fucking gallons, masks by the hundreds and price gouging toilet paper for some absurd reason. If you think Asians are bugs, you should at least have the honesty to admit that we're fucking rats.
>>
>>2328510
What does DC benefit from closing off Taiwan and Japan from the rest of the world you schizoslut, they literally want everything to be free and open
>>
>>2328536
>they literally want everything to be free and open
Imagine unironically saying shit like this on 4chan. And you call me a shizoid you utter golem.
>>
>>2328533
In the west we had authorities at first say that this virus is all hype and only retards wear masks and they don't work, only for all authorities to do a seemingly coordinated 180 and start worshipping masks and saying this virus was the end of the world. So it started with a leadership problem, which isn't surprising since, speaking for europe, politicians are just careerists, yes-men who get ahead by sucking up to their party leader and when in power contenting lobby groups so they'll keep getting donations for their campaign. With that kind of non-leadership you can't expect people to feel like they're in good hands.
Additionally, the west values individual freedom, so giving some recommendations instead of totalitarian lockdowns and mandates would likely have yielded better results, since most people would have followed the recommendations anyway, and you'd have preserved more social cohesion. It's like this paradox where the safest roads have more accidents, because people don't feel like being careful: The more you mandate, the more people won't be careful themselves.

In any case, there is to this day no empirical evidence for masks having a noticeable effect on the spread of ze coof. In Europe you have Sweden as a comparison, which had an average impact of Covid in terms of deaths, about at par with Germany in relation to population, and less than Spain, even though Spain had some of the most draconian covid rules. Also asian countries who so like to use masks don't really see a significantly lower impact of annual flu epidemics than for example european countries, so as to really say that the masks had that effect.

tl;dr who cares the coof is all bullshit anyway
>>
>>2328511
Hey here's a wild concept, maybe when you're in a foreign country you should do what they tell you when they tell you and be respectful of everyone and everything in that country. Work s for me.
>>
>>2328009
3 days actual quarantine inside, only leaving to get essentials, 4 days self-assessment where you report your status via phone.
>>
>>2320044
Still can't flush toilet paper down the shitter. How is that fucking 1st world?
>>
>>2328582
It is 4 days because the 1st night doesnt count for the 3, you cannot leave to get essentials food is delivered, and the last 4 are supposed to be in a private bed and bathroom it even says you cant stay at a regular hotel during the +4 or be fined up to 150k NTD
why are you such a retarded faggot who got so many things wrong in 1 post?
>>
>>2328557
>tl;dr everything I know about viruses and the world outside my mom's basement I learned from my fellow kissless virgins of /pol/
>>
>>2328557
>in the west
No need for that, I'm western.
The west was absolutely and completely disorganized. You just have to stop thinking that this has anything to do with collective mentality or the fact that chinks are less aware of their freedom. The KMT veterans are still there, they underwent a democratization process ever since the next guy after CKS.
The people there behaved the exact same way under SARS as we did under COVID. But after the dust has settled they realized that wearing a mask when under the weather isn't the worst idea one can have. Know who didn't do that ? The rural, bat-eating chinks who were too ignorant to realize the benefits of such a practice, the same way we do not in the west.

>In any case, there is to this day no empirical evidence for masks

Taiwan is LITERALLY empirical evidence that when *properly deployed*, masks are actually efficient. For every study that points out that they don't work there is a study out there that says it does. You don't even need the fucking studies for God's sake, just think about all the little pellets of infected water that you spit on someone everytime you sneeze, cough, or even speak. That a mask would have no influence on the R0, especially for the first variant of Covid which in retrospect was so retardedly slow compared to the crazy ass variants we have now is absolutely bonkers.
You just got bamboozled by the retarded doctors that thought that convincing the populace that masks didn't work so they could save up a few of them from the hordes of crazed speculators and hoarders for their hospitals was a good idea.

>Sweden
Sweden didn't give a fuck because they have the best healthcare system in the world and didn't test as much. As Sweden started to get their ICU submerged, they started to consider restrictions too. ( https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4833 )
>>
>so giving some recommendations instead of totalitarian lockdowns and mandates would likely have yielded better results
You are fucking delusional if you think this whole thing didn't literally start with RECOMMENDATIONS.
>h-hey guys, please wash your hands
>hey guys use the gel
>ummm guys if you've got some masks available please use them
>uhhh guys ? toilet paper's getting scarce, we should take it easy
>please stay one meter away from people
>please don't go to parties

Who the fuck cared ? Who the fuck listened ? Vaccines mandates were instituted precisely because everyone was like "we don't trust the vaccine because it's from the big bad GUBMINT". Every chink was reluctant to take it too, since half of the doses were astra zeneca shit. But you wouldn't know that because you're either not there or do not have a single clue of how shit goes on there because you probably don't speak a lick of the local language, and getting the rundown from a barely anglophone flip doesn't cut it.
>>
So....chances seem good for Taiwan to open for tourists AND go to 0+7 quarantine by the end of October. Thoughts? Japan should be opening up by October as well.
>>
>>2320049
>ugly run down buildings
By far that's the biggest interest I have in this country. I want to be in blade runner or a Wong Kar-wai film (yes, ik).
I'm sick to death of everything being artificial, clean and sovlless everywhere. I want to risk early cancer from lead-contaminated paint work in buildings because it's aesthetic.
>>
Wait. So there is a quarantine? Huh? I want to do an overnight layover and visit the whorehouse. Wtf? Wtf is a quarantine?
>>
>>2330023
yeah nigger. but they should be going to a 0+7 quarantine and visa free entry soon. I'm gonna move when they finally implement it and find work there.
>>
>>2322399
>>2324909
How good is Singapore? How does it compare to Taiwan and say like Japan/Korea?
Thinking of learning a bug language and living somewhere for a while. Chinese seems by far the most interesting. I'm pissed I was born 10-15 years ago to explore China.
>>
>>2320250
>>2320495
Still far more trad compared to western countries.
>>
>>2330027
Idk what a quarantine is. They are going to escort me somewhere? I can't walk outside and find a street hooker? They want to poke my nose? What.
>>
>>2330037
what? u stay in a hotel for 3-4 days without leaving your room and then the last 3 days, you can leave your room but have to monitor your health on an app and they only want you to leave for exercise or food.
>>
>>2329984
Taiwannews reported a story showing a leak of CDC discussion, cecc or whatever they are called, with end of quarantine being discussed as October 10. October 11 is Taiwan national Day so a symbolic opening.
>>
>>2320044
Why do I only hear more and more good things about Taiwan the more it looks like China & USA are gonna go to war over it? I haven't heard shit about Taiwan until a couple years ago, now suddenly all I hear are positive things?
I'm not inclined to go someplace which originated from some secret plot, and which has been awful quiet about what they've been up to with their technological advantages.
>>2320118
>lure in westerners to take hostage
I believe it. Or they want more brains for their hivemind, which utilizes a wireless neural-interface and which doesn't even require the one who's being used to know about it.
The USA has one, so idk why Taiwan wouldn't have one too.
>>
>>2330133
Lol did you just finish playing chaos;head kek. based
>now suddenly all I hear are positive things
Western interest in asia is only expanding and Japan is starting to seem gay so where do you go? Can't go to China anymore.
>>
>>2330096
Correct
>>
>>2330149
i know. i was just telling the other anon.
>>2330119
i could see that. its not like they're gonna get a sudden flood of people in October. I could see a lot of people going sometime in December/January though.
>>
>>2330119
>as October 10. October 11 is Taiwan national Day
You are confused, it's the 10th of October the Taiwan National Day : Double 10th days
>>
>>2330096
So if I have an overnight layover they are going to keep me for 4 days and I won't even get a complimentary hooker? What? Nah I thought they were open, bro.
>>
>>2330362
so u were just being a retard this whole time
>>
>>2330133
China won't risk a war with Taiwan. Putin's only goal with Ukraine was to save face after years of questioning his authority and that Navalny guy ridiculing him. No matter what happens now, whether russia takes over ukraine or part of it or just retreats, he lost. Xi can be as delusional as he wants, but these are facts. Taiwan will be hard to take even if America doesn't send a single ship to help. Taiwan made itself vital for China's electronic manufacturing. Xi would be irredeemably fucked not because of how the war will be hard but because he started it.

As much as I am pro-taiwanese all this fear mongering about Taiwan is just US propaganda trying to find a new enemy.
>>
> Premier Su Tseng-chang (蘇貞昌) on Thursday (Sept. 22) announced that the "0 + 7" system will be implemented on Oct. 13 and at the same time, Taiwan will expand visa-free entry to more countries and the ban on tourists groups will be lifted.
>Also, on Sept. 29, the on-arrival saliva test will be discontinued, and passengers will instead be handed four rapid antigen test kits. Furthermore, visa-free entry will be restored to all reciprocating countries.
>Su stated that after these policies are implemented, the situation with the local outbreak will be observed for a week. If conditions are deemed suitable as expected, the "0 + 7" scheme will be launched two days after the announcement of the policy is made, which he estimated would be Oct. 13.

taiwannews dot com dot tw/en/news/4665221
>>
>>2330655
looks like im buying a refundable plane ticket for october 20th. gotta do it quick before prices get retarded
>>
File: Untitled.png (8 KB, 598x114)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>2330783
Leggo
>>
>>2330655
>Also, on Sept. 29, the on-arrival saliva test will be discontinued, and passengers will instead be handed four rapid antigen test kits. Furthermore, visa-free entry will be restored to all reciprocating countries.
Nice, not bothering the arriving people any more while still allowing the local pharma industry to get their share of the grift.
>>
>>2330620
>pro-taiwanese
I'm also a trannie
>>
>>2320044
I am so glad I don't have to transit through Taiwan now that Japan is open. Maybe I can find some Taiwanese whores with big silicone in Tokyo!
>>
how is the women in taiwan? easy to cremapie?
>>
>>2331374
you're the only tranny in this thread then
>>
>>2331468
>only trannie in a literal trannie thread
k
>>
>>2331360
i found a good $810 ticket last night. went to take a shower. came back and it was $1100. back on the hunt. im gonna land and start looking for work.
>>
>>2331711
How? In which sector? On which visa?
>>
>>2331893
English teacher or IT if i can find it. On a tourist visa when they remove quarantine. I had a work permit and special entry covid visa, but i split with the company because they wanted me by august and i couldnt make it cause i got covid and some family shit.
>>
>>2331895
Ok GL but it's gonna be hard just with just a tourist visa. It will depend on whether or not they need to recruit after the pandemic.
Taiwan tends to favor its citizens in this kind of situation but we'll see, it may be that the demand is so high that they recruit even laowai.
>>
>>2331964
nigger what? of course they want a laowai for english cram schools and shit.
>>
I taught English in Taiwan for half of 2018. My only regret is not working harder to find an apartment closer to the center of the city. I lived way out near the end of the orange MRT line, a short walk from where Taipei ends and Taoyuan starts. I took the bikes everywhere I could. I rode up from the Crescent Bridge to Bali one day just for fun.

Killer hiking trails all throughout. I did a couple of trips with a group, plenty while solo. Elephant Mountain is a good place to start if the weather is decent. Bring water and snacks.

I also took a trip down to Tainan on the high-speed rail. Good snack scene down there.
>>
>>2331711
I ended up spending 1300 bucks for a one way ticket cos the cheap fares had dodgy one hour transfers with no checked baggage allowed for the first leg
>>
>>2332117
whats your plan when u land?
>>
>>2331462
Only if you're white, sorry pajeet
>>
>>2332008
I was walking Elephant Mountain at dusk and as it started getting dark I was walking through a wooded part going down some steps and stopped because something didn't feel right. I took a step to the side and the moon made a spider web show and maybe 5cm in front of where my face was was the biggest, meanest red and black spider I had ever seen. Never hiking in Taiwan after sunset again.
>>
>>2332283
Taiwan has some of the biggest motherfucking spiders, in the city you will see massive ass huntsman spiders, in trees the big ass banana spiders, and all types of other ones.
>>
>>2332289
It was one of these. I'm not afraid of spiders, but last thing I wanted was to just walk face first into one of these in the dark
https://youtu.be/mG-eUbDRimo
>>
>>2332283

Bro the spiders I saw while hiking were some king-of-the-jungle sized mfers. I'm not usually arachnophobic but the sheer size of those bastards made me steer well clear of their webs
>>
They are harmless golden orb weavers, relax
>>
>>2332318
Still don't want one on my face you fucking weirdo
>>
>>2332318

"Harmless" is relative. Those sumbitches made me take another path entirely
>>
>>2332283
>>2332289
>>2332306
>>2332308
>>2332323
>>2332470
pathetic weak men
taiwan doesnt want you
>>
>>2332627
Being a ESL teacher doesn't make you a man.
>>
How’s cooming opportunities with real girls in Taipei? Tinder, Bumble etc
>>
>>2332788
Easy mode. Assuming you're not a manlet (and even then you'll get plenty of 6/10s)
>>
Based nip
>>
>>2332788

Cooming? Not so great. Many of the dames there want at least a few dates before you rearrange their guts
>>
Whats the play now if you're wanting to go from Australia without quarantine ASAP? Just wait for an official announcement?
>>
>>2332788
Do you speak mandarin?
>>
>>2333110
No, can’t hold a conversation. When I was there in 2014 I noticed a lot of young people speak Japanese though and I’m fluent in that and Korean.
>>
>>2332858
This is what Korean men do in Japan and Europe too. It's fucking stupid. Imagine being that butthurt.
>>
>>2320044
Are there ladyboys in Taiwan? Is it easy to score some ice?
>>
Can someone explain to me 0+7 means? Do I just have to monitor my symptoms for 7 days or am I stuck in a hotel
>>
>>2333177
No, Ranjesh. No.
>>
where find cheap creampie in taipei for brahman?
>>
File: 1641412163514.jpg (79 KB, 640x1025)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
good morning sir .... where cheap creampies .... taiwan women like brahman ... ??? i wan to creampie :)))
>>
>>2333177
yes and idk
>>
>>2333180
self monitoring, self-testing using spit tests
>>
>>2333219
So do they actually check your self-tests or is that more something for yourself in case you're afraid of the 'rona?
>>
>>2333177
there isn't a "ladyboy" culture in Taiwan. you'll be fucking your run of the mill pissy tranny.

>ice
weed and molly are easy to get. Anything beyond that would require you to befriend some people. but it's expensive and fucking retarded to begin with since the risk is ridiculous.
>>
>>2333260
He's on a path to self destruction
>>
>>2333139
You'll probably want to work on that. In taipei you'll mostly be fine as long as you stick to popular places and backpacker bars. I don't do that online shit so I can't really give any tips there. Ratio is still fucked, foreigner or not.
>>
>>2333260
>but it's expensive and fucking retarded to begin with since the risk is ridiculous.
>He's on a path to self destruction

Is Taiwan more authoritarian on this than Thailand? I already partied in Land of Smiles, and although not an experience I would repeat as there was a real fear of police, I would imagine Taiwan is more liberal?
>>
>>2333759
Taiwan is a richer country. Laws might be a lot more humane but it's more difficult to bring drugs to their little island and fewer people are willing to be involved in that trade. The Chinese are also more straight laced as a people. They look down on those sorts of vices. You can chew some betel nuts though I hear they are almost crack.
>>
File: 131662.jpg (309 KB, 1400x1527)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
>>2333775
>he Chinese are also more straight laced as a people. They look down on those sorts of vices.
The power of crystal conquers every nation
https://www.twreporter.org/a/asia-pacific-transnational-drug-trafficking-chain-taiwan-role-english

>In the past five years, the scale of investigations and seizures involving Taiwan’s cartels has continued to expand internationally. In Taiwan alone, annual arrests for meth consumption have grown rapidly from around 20,000 to over 30,000.
In the drug trade route, each country handles a respective role. Taiwan’s cartels have not only absorbed drug makers, gangsters, and fishing vessels for international trafficking; they have also mastered the art of sales and marketing—they are effectively running a “one-stop shop” for the drug industry’s supply chain. The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has noted Taiwan’s strategic significance in Asia’s drug production and consumption.
>>
>>2333775

The Structure and The
Dynamics of The Illegal Drug
Market in Taiwan

>This data shows that Taiwan is not only a transit and destination country, but also a country of origin, especially for the illicit drugs that represent a major problem in Taiwan, namely methamphetamine and ketamine, which can be an indicator for the existence of illegal laboratories in Taiwan.

Seems the party is ON
>>
>>2328510
true as taiwan people confirmed
>>
>>2333759
Taiwan isn't more authoritarian than Thailand but it's actually stricter than what you'd see in the states or western countries in general when it'll come to you, as a westerner private person living there. Taiwanese are absolute snitches, and if they smell a whiff of weed and know what it is, they WILL call the cops on you. They don't crackdown on your ass like say, SG, but your stay will definitely end right then and there. China used to be similar

>>2333780
organized crime =/= your local purveyor of goods. Asia in general tends to crack down on small cells to save face, especially when westerners are involved, but the network is ridiculously hard to take out due to how it's often well connected with the government. There was a story where 3 guys killed an informant with one of the guys being a rich ABC, that I personally know was connected (overall cool dude actually, lmao). One guy gets life, the other gets 5 years for snitching, the triad guy ? 6 months. Even the guy who wasn't fucking there and just helped set up the meeting got more than this fucker. He's the guy who bought the crime weapon. He's the guy who posted his bloodied hand the night of the murder on fucking instagram (i fucking saw it). And they almost let him out because of a "lack of sufficient proof".

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking-news/section/6/163318/Taipei-court-upholds%C2%A0jail-for-Israeli-Oren-Shlomo-Mayer,-and-Ewart-Odane-Bent-for-gruesome-murder-of-Canadian

>>2333782
Their shit is usually for either export or local consumption by locals, since they're a known quantity. And unless you speak absolutely fluent chinese you have no in with the locals. And even if you did speak, nothing guarantees that they won't push you away for simply being foreign and intrinsically untrustworthy.
>>
>>2333821
hello sir ... how many taiwan women u creampie ... thank u sir ....
>>
>>2333821
>Taiwanese are absolute snitches, and if they smell a whiff of weed and know what it is, they WILL call the cops on you.

Good thing I am not using weed then lol

>organized crime =/= your local purveyor of goods.
A Roller Coaster from
Methamphetamine to Ketamine
Ming-Chyi Huang, M.D., Ph.D.1,2, Shih-Ku Lin, M.D.1,2,
Chih-Ken Chen, M.D., Ph.D.3,4*

We have been witnessing a trend of drug abuse shifting from methamphetamine (METH)
to ketamine in Taiwan. There has been a surge of METH abuse since 1990s in Taiwan. A nationwide survey of substance abuse among adolescent students from 1991 through 1996 in Taiwan
showed that the prevalence of illicit substance use was 1.5% in 1996, and that the most commonly
abused illicit substance was METH (43.1%) at that time [1]. Through the capture-recapture approach, the prevalence of male METH abusers in Taoyuan County was estimated to be 2.38%,
1.91%, 2.47%, and 1.24%, respectively, during the period from 1999 to 2002 [2].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdS1h9ZZmKs
>>
>>2333821
>And even if you did speak, nothing guarantees that they won't push you away for simply being foreign and intrinsically untrustworthy.

KEK, you can get any party drug in Taipei in 10 minutes by using one of the gay dating apps
>>
>>2333831
>getting your drugs on a dating app
>a foreigner
It's like you're asking to be blackmailed and/or deported. Always go through someone or just enjoy your alcohol. Fucking retards.
>>
>>2333221
idk, the precise details are not in the news reports.
>>
>>2333839
>It's like you're asking to be blackmailed and/or deported
Nah, you get the right stuff if you hook up for some suck and fuck
>>
>>2333850
this is true. taiwan roasties will bend over backwards for you. my friend in uni dated a taiwanese girl and went to visit her. she is from a rich family and likes to drink but thats it. she had a bag of weed waiting for him when he arrived.
>>
>>2320044
>Taiwan
>1st world country
>country
>>
>>2333821
>if they smell a whiff of weed and know what it is, they WILL call the cops on you
So true and they do the same with illegal workers like teachers without Working Visa

So do it at you own risk >>2332003
Visa could takes time and be a lot of problems

>>2334070
Sure Wumao
>>
>>2334080
i dont plan on working illegally and i wouldnt be the first one to do what im doing and im sure there will be many more doing it when quarantine is removed.
>>
>>2330020
dude this street is one way! you're driving the wong kar wei!!hahaha
>>
>>2334108
Yeah and it's was a dream for them...
https://www.foreignersintaiwan.com/blog-370963385326684/my-experience-working-at-a-cram-school-in-taiwan
>>
>>2334149
this sounds exactly what happened to me in Japan. down to the santa suit, but mine smelt like body odor from a previous teacher.....FOUR YEARS AGO.
>>
>>2334149
to be fair, he even stated he is most likely an outlier, he worked at joy english, and even his friends said he sucked.
>>
>>2334149
so, to sum up
>incompetent and/or inexperienced teacher who doesnt know how to deal with 5 year old kids
>works in a cram school but doesnt believe in the idea of cram schools
>is probably capable of getting another job the same week but shits himself when his chad of a boss makes an offbeat joke (what jokes arent fucking offbeat when you're dealing with foreigners, jfc)
>does not negotiate overtime (and trust me on that, these pussies never do)

sounds like he himself was the stuff of nightmares. I've dealt through all that shit too, but kids are way fucking calmer than back home, the workers kids are terrified of me because *I will* directly find their parents after work and remind them of that (and i just know what words i need to say to get the bejeezus slapped out of them if i wanted), parents regularly thank me because I get fucking shit done, and there isn't one fucking hour of work they aren't paying.

And you know what, I was fired from two places before I could get a deal like this. But I didn't give a single fuck because it took me two weeks to find the third. Teaching English to kids is a fucking job. It's not a hobby. It's not a thing you do before you snort your line in the morning. It's a challenge that requires experience, professionalism, strategy when dealing with your boss just like any other job. The only difference is that contrary to an IT worker, you need a little love and compassion for all these poor kids and parents that want a better life for them.

>>2334199
im not even pretending you could do the same shit that i said above but there are simple fucking things like TAKING THE FUCKING SUIT AND WASHING IT. i'm a buff tall dude and I did this shit. Handwashed it with cold water and let it dry with the fan on since the fabric is fragile. you fuckers are deadly scared of negotiating overtime pay but heavens forbid if you took 5 minutes and a few fl. oz of detergent to clean a fucking santa suit and not smell like a pedophile.
>>
>>2334353
i did wash it retard. and i sprayed an entire bottle of febreeze on it over the course of 24 hours. i was pissed and didnt want to wear the suit but there wasn't another option.
>>
quarantine going on the 13th
>>
>>2335274

im gonna go. I started learning mandarin in lockdown and now three years later can finally use it
>>
So i dont need to get a PCR test before flying? Didnt get a single shot yet

And can us britbongs once again get the 180day tourist visa?? I wanna chill there
>>
>>2335696
it is back to pre-covid rules, so 90 day visa exempt entry and UK can extend another 90 days when you are there.
>>
>>2335900
>is
it will be* back to those rules when it changes in october
>>
>>2320044
Are there not tons of chinks running around all over? Seems nightmarish
>>
>>2335937
Taiwanese are a fun bunch
>>
>>2320044
Does a war mean we get to love them longtime or is it like the Ukraine where they evac all the hot pussy. I need to know. Planning next summer.
>>
>>2336085
Do they do ping pong shows? Or sucky sucky one dollah? Or maybe they do that shin bone surgery so they will look like one (1.0) entire human being? Or the Korean eyelid surgery so they will look like they have a soul?

Or are they just bugs, like the billion bugs in China above them?
>>
>>2336094
I think you have to pay them more than your typical slope for the ping pong thing. But when they're burning doors for firewood I think you can fuck 5 of them for a can of Spam, and put the ping pong balls anywhere you want.
>>
>>2335937
I'm agree with >>2336085
Between a group of Chinese and a group of Taiwanese, I can tell the difference and say who is who.
I think it's the same for everyone who went to Taiwan

They are open-minded and rather relaxed
>>
Taiwan's open up does not apply to people from Mainland China, Hong Kong, or Macau.
>>
This 0+7 stuff is so fucking confusing. Can I go and completely ignore it or will my hotel have a fit
>>
>>2336196
Follow whatever rules are in place. Taiwan takes breaking any of the covid rules very seriously. You don't want to end up with a huge fine or jail time.
>>
Any cool festivals or events on in December?
>>
>>2336234
>Taiwan takes breaking any of the covid rules very seriously.
That's gay
>>
>>2336234
Wow sounds like a cool place to holiday. Not.
>>
>>2333775
>You can chew some betel nuts though I hear they are almost crack.

Lol not true. I chewed a lot of betel nut in Myanmar and desu didn’t feel much effect
>>
From what I've seen HK/Shanghai/Beijing were the eziest mode places for non-SEA women. How is Taiwan compared to the rest, honestly?
>>
File: r u srs.jpg (6 KB, 238x212)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>2337133
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE COUNTRY I WANT TO VISIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT REEEEEEEE
>>
>>2336167
Nice, no mainland Chinese
>>
>>2336234
They want to increase the weekly cap to like 150k arrivals. There is no way they are actually expecting people to stay seven days at a hotel doing nothing.
>>
If I get it right you are getting four tests and you are supposed to do a test every two days, and as long those tests come negative you are allowed to leave your hotel just fine.

I don't think anyone will check anything.
>>
>>2337693
Oh, yeah, that's totally worth it for visiting an island that's at most like an hour across and two hours down and full of working-class chinese mostly with no real notable attractions.
I think the only people that will put up with that are those that have to go their for work.
>>
So I can go anywhere I want for the first 7 days I just have to take tests?
>>
>>2337709
Jesus Christ. The tests are saliva tests and there's literally nothing else they ask from you. If that's the hill you're willing to die on, whatever my dude. Just don't pretend you're being reasonable because you aren't.
>>
>>2337834
Basically yes, there are some exception like you can't visit someone who is in medical care in a hospital or something like that.
>>
>>2320050
no dude the clubs suck and are dead I've been there
>>
>>2337894
which one have you been to and during what period ?

Pre-Covid, Taipei nightclubs were among the best in Asia, wtf are you talking about
>>
>>2337892
>>2337879
OK, I'm going to Taiwan.
Gimme your top 5 destinations and your top 5 dishes to try.
>>
>>2337894
Plus why would you want to hang out with a bunch of horse-faced hakka chinese girls? Taiwan has the least attractive women in east asia.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.