[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: n-sakurajima-a-20191109.jpg (606 KB, 2000x1243)
606 KB
606 KB JPG
>When will Japan open to tourists again?
2022 Q3 & Q4 Japan will test a "north korean style" controlled tourist groups with no freedom of movement, interaction with people and limited visits and transportation.
>OK, but seriously, when will Japan be open to tourists?
Summer 2023? They just don't want foreigners, it has nothing to do with the virus anymore. It doesn't look good after Shinzō Abe assasination
>Japanese news
https://mainichi.jp/english/
>News by gaijin for gaijin
https://japantoday.com/

>How do I travel by public transportation?
Use Google Maps within cities, install the Hyperdia or Jorudan app for intercity travel
>Dude, what should I see in ________?
https://www.wikivoyage.org/
https://www.japan-guide.com/
https://www.jnto.go.jp/
>Solid general guides - sights, sample itineraries, pre-travel considerations, etc
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1fmfaySQHmojbRGKWCwRecq6Ln1Bb2Xdh&ll=35.67928012473078%2C139.68638283648374&z=12

ーCurrent status on the Miyajima Floating Torii Gateー
Under construction. Consequently, it's not worth visiting Miyajima.

ーInfo on Prositutionー
Most brothels in Japan don't allow in foreigners, and the ones that do are notoriously expensive - at least $400USD per hour. If you're mainly interested in cooming go to another country.
Please stop asking questions about this topic without refering to the /trv/ archives under archived.moe, or to one of the websites below before.
>http://rockitrisingsun.com
>https://paradise-tokyo.net
>http://hentaitokyo.com

ーJR Passー
JR Rail Pass is worth it? It depends on your itinerary.
>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥ (approximately a Tokyo-Kyoto round-trip bullet train trip)
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥
Super-easy rail pass calculator. Fill in your planned trips, get a quick yes/no response.
>https://www.japan-guide.com/railpass/

>>2293361
>>
File: 1643088676044.jpg (181 KB, 1365x2048)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
I just wanted to let you know that I am having sex with Japanese girl RIGHT NOW while you still cannot enter, nor will you be able to for the foreseeable future.

Thank you for your attention.
>>
>>2298320
youre never getting in
>>
i'm getting in next month and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
Getting in bros. Going on my study abroad in Shibuya area. Ask me anything. Gunna find some QT men and make them cream me
>>
>>2298326
apparently this is CG
>>
Even though I won't be allowed in for another 10 years, I'm going to build out an itinerary for me and my gf.

My gf has a small tattoo on her arse - will she be allowed in an Onsen? Are they mixed or divided by sex?
>>
Japan seems pretty... small
>>
>>2298374
I live in Shibuya right now. It's got the weirdest fucking people.
>>
>>2298374
Temple?
tell me how it is later, I declined it in favor of APU ritsumeikan
>>
how are property prices looking in Tokyo/Osaka?
>>
how is the used car market in Yamagata/Kurume?
>>
Been keeping up on some news and obviously read the OP, but I don't travel internationally too much so I thought I'd look for some advice.

I have 2 weeks to go away next summer, in early July. For a long trip, it has to be those 2 week. Unfortunately, very little wiggle room.
My first choice for the trip is Japan. But maybe Japan is too risky a choice because I have to obviously book shit in advance, don't even know when I can start booking, and waiting until the last minute to see if they actually open could fuck up the whole trip and It wouldn't be able to plan another location last minute.

Just thoughts I guess?
>>
>>2298423
It's a gamble. Despite my doomposting, I think we'll be allowed back in by May of 2023. However it's clear that the japs don't want us, and could keep this going on forever.

You could theoretically book hotels now with no consequences, but I wouldn't even look at plane tickets right now. Airlines are running pretty limited service right now so prices are high, but they are also constantly changing flights and routes. Any flight you booked now, would not exist by July.
>>
>>2298428
Yeah, I wouldn't book anything yet. Maybe, reevaluate in November, that would still give me plenty of time to book everything I wanted right? Or for international travel, is it better to do it even earlier then that?

Also anyone lurking, open to other suggestions for an international trip with a romantic air to it. Good to start thinking about back ups.
>>
>>2298435
The three times I've been to Japan, I booked about 4 months in advance. The only thing this really has an impact on is the flight, and the industry is so jacked up right now, that it's hard to say when a good time to book is. If you're not going until July, you're probably safe waiting until February or March if we have more info by then. What I do is I set up some email notifications on google flights to notify me if a flight I'm tracking changes in price. Prices can randomly drop or go up a few hundred dollars, so I keep an eye on that.
>>
any news on the thimble market in niigata/sendai?
>>
>>2298446
Good to know about flights.
Don't think hotels or ryokans or trains would get overbooked by waiting too late?
>>
how is the pencil sharpener replacement blade market in Tokushima/Morioka?
>>
>>2298451
Even if they don't have any free rooms left on websites like booking.com you can usually still find rooms on the private websites of those establishments, even one or two days before your actual stay
>>
hello. this is retarded but I'm writing a story about an autist whose special interest is in trains. takes place in Japan. i know fuck all about Japanese train transport. i can figure it out via research but I'm desperate so I'd like to know: where would be a good place to live so that you can travel on trains, but not Tokyo bc then the autists goal of riding a train is gonna be met and story reasons etc. Specifically I don't want him to travel to school via train bc it'd be funny.

I'm going to watch documentaries and research shit but any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
>>
>>2298460
Saitama? Kanagawa? Most Japanese regions have decent train connections.
>>
>>2298454
Good to know anon, thanks.
>>
>>2298461
Ahh saitama has a train museum. Thank you for your suggestions! I just want what I write to be accurate and it's hard when you're a filthy gaijin.
>>
Been trying to go to Japan for the past 2 years and also booked a flight again, this time in December. Don’t think it’ll work out but inshallah.
Literally just want to buy stationery and books since I’m nearing 10k anki cards
>>
>>2298326
>>2298327
Jokes on you fuckers, I got a work visa.
>>
Are these motherfucking pre-flight covid tests still required?
>>
>>2298496
From what I read before mine most countries don’t even need covid tests anymore. Check for your own country.
You can also just photoshop a covid test as they don’t do those stupid Japanese forms anymore that require stamps etc.
>>
>>2298499
>>2298496
Sorry it seems like I spread misinformation. Pre flight testing is probably still mandatory but my friend didn’t need one of those covid tests signed by a doctor etc.
>>
>>2298502
i wish i could fake one, imagine ending up around some infected shitface 72h before flight
>>
>>2298503
May have to ask your local embassy but if the required format for PCR tests is a bit less restricted (still all the data but not like in 2021 when you needed a doctor to sign it), then you could just get a PCR test and photoshop it. If you still need a doctor to sign then I’m sure you can just walk in and have them sign an already done test, but can’t find out what the current restrictions are.
Glad that Japan will still be the same xenophobic mess it always was when I come eventually.
>>
The cope in this thread is depressing
>>
File: 1637834777666.jpg (93 KB, 976x850)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
I used to doompost a lot for fun but now that I see 2023 probably still closed or at least with a lot of meme flu bullshit and the nips still paranoid as hell about gaijins is not that fun anymore and I kind of regret it.
>>
>tfw going to study abroad on scholarship within the next 2 weeks
Feels good, ngl
>>
I wanted to spend a few months learning some Japanese before my planned 2020 trip, was pretty fun and kept my hope for travelling alive. But nearly 3 years down the line, I'm now just reluctantly clearing my Anki/WK backlogs every couple of days, no more audio immersion, no more iTalki lessons, no more reading. What's the point anymore when the country makes it absolutely clear they don't want foreign tourists? I wonder how many people have completely written off Japan at this point. You win doomposters...
>>
Fucking everyone has the coof in Japan right now. Everyone's 'off work/working from home because have to self-isolate because the app told me I was a close contact tee-hee!'. It's absolutely bonkers because most people are positive and symtomless, aka NOT SICK, but the PCR test says you're sick, so you're sick, okay? Not sure how much longer JP gov can keep it as category 2 without collapsing this clown show
>>
>>2298541
Yeah there’s optimism everywhere but here. You should set yourself a goal for Japanese like being able to read a book or so and then mining new Anki cards along the way. I personally do not aim for any JLPT cert but I will probably just take the N1 if this shit continues for another year. Kanji Kentei would be next but I don’t plan on working at a Japanese company anyways
>>
File: despair kyon.png (2.19 MB, 1920x1080)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
>>2298519
kekw same here, I'd doompost for shits and giggles since my trip was only planned for autumn this year. Now I'm not getting in either and it isn't fun anymore.
>>
>>2298435
Assuming you are American?
western Norway, southern France, northern Italy are all good options and my wife's favorite places we've been (other than Japan). It depends on how much outdoors stuff you want to do, what kind of food you want, your budget, if historic sites/museums interest you. The three I mentioned are all good for normalfag travelers because they offer you the option to drive without awful traffic you find in cities to less busy places, but include easy access to good food, and you don't need to worry about finding people who speak English well enough to help you find whatever you are looking for.
Alternatively, my wife also enjoyed Iceland (not really a two week vacation, can be done in less than one), Poland, and Czechia. But she's happy to let me plan the full itinerary and just follow along. She did NOT enjoy Malta (got bored while I was being autistic about megaliths) or Greece (lots of shitskins, but she's the one who insisted we spend three fucking days in Athens).
>>
>>2298380
Most onsen don't allow any tattoos whatsoever. However, she may be allowed entry if she covers it with a bandage beforehand. Alternatively, you can rent private onsen (kashikiri buro or kazoku buro), in which case such rules do not apply.
>>
File: IMG_20191227_103124.jpg (724 KB, 3000x2250)
724 KB
724 KB JPG
>>2298326
please let me back in
>>
>>2298374
The only thing worse than white men in Japan is white women in Japan. Stay home you disgusting tranny, there’s no reason the locals would pick you over their own women
>>
>>2298541
I imagine they'll open up by early 23. Their GDP projections keep looking grimmer and the yen keeps getting weaker, so somebody in the central bank or LDP will break and go for the easy headline that they're gonna help improve the GDP by focusing on tourism to get an easy couple dozen billion USD. Maybe they'll keep out people from red or yellow countries but I don't foresee them not reopening unless we get to the monkeypox phase of corona
>>
>>2298558
>Paying for it
How to spot a loser in one easy step
>>
>>2298603
lol, these hopium posts aren't even grounded in reality anymore.
>>
File: 436.jpg (22 KB, 503x610)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>2298519
>>2298547
You asked for this. So this is exactly what you are getting.
>>
Give it to me straight lads. Am I getting in in October?
>>
File: qs_3_apr_23_1.jpg (84 KB, 600x600)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Hoping to do a boomer boat trip around Japan early Q2 2023.

Hopefully these hermit bastards open their ports up by then or I will go full Mathew C. Perry on them
>>
>>2298506
You need a signature/stamp from the laboratory conducting the PCR test, currently.
>>
>>2298610
lol
>>
>>2298603
ah yes, western weeb tourists and their billions of dollars keeping the Japanese economy afloat!

if Japan needed the money so desperately, it would open up solely for Chinese tour groups, and ignore the west because they know that as soon as americans are let in they'll start spreading the coof everywhere.
>>
>>2298675
Chinese tour groups are low budget Chinese travelers that dont spend any money except at pre-approved Chinese owned hotels, restaurants and shops ran by the Chinese tour group operators themselves. And nobody cares about the coof outside of Asia, except maybe Canada.
>>
>>2298678
You are a clueless retard who‘s talking out of his ass. Maybe one day you‘ll grow up and learn to research basic shit before you start running your mouth. Like the fact that the vast majority of pre coof tourists were Asian.
>>
>>2298680
Buddy I was all over Asia pre-COVID. It is WELL known that these Chinese tour groups are low budget travelers (hence why theyre stuck in cheap controlled tour groups to begin with) that get carted around to Chinese owned businesses outside of the main local tourist attractions. Barely none of the money they spend makes it back into the local econony. These make up the vast majority of the "other Asian tourists" you would see in Asian countries like Japan or Thailand. Maybe you should get a clue, you have clearly never even been to Asia.
>>
>>2298577
Not to defend a roastie but
>there’s no reason the locals would pick you over their own women
How about actually having an ass? And far higher chance of big tits?
Also, its probably a fag, not a woman. He's on the hunt for some monkey
>>
>>2298682
I trust you have a source for this drivel?
>>
>>2298688
Sure do. Theres even a name for these groups: "zero dollar tourists", because theyre so fucking cheap and worthless. Look it up. Governments all over Asia even started cracking down on them.

Take your pick

https://topasianews.com/odd-news/zero-dollar-tours-chinese-tourist-problem-in-asia/

>He added that the surge in Chinese tourists has not resulted in increased tourist revenue. In fact, he claimed that in Vietnam, Chinese tourists typically spend $600 per guest, while North Americans and Europeans spend about $1,500 and $1,300.

https://www.todayonline.com/world/asia/weeding-out-zero-dollar-tour-groups-save-thai-tourism

https://www.rbth.com/business/2017/04/19/chinese-companies-scamming-russia-745457

https://www.consult-myanmar.com/2018/11/19/growth-of-zero-dollar-tours-for-chinese-worries-local-operators/

https://www.chinesetouristagency.com/chinese-tour-operators-offer-zero-dollar-package-to-travel-oversea/

https://www.quora.com/How-can-Thailand-battle-the-zero-dollar-tours-involving-Chinese-travelers

https://aseannow.com/topic/988342-thailand-joins-hands-with-china-to-crack-down-on-zero-dollar-tourist-scams/

Thailand, Vietnam, Bali, theyre everywhere, theyre cheap and nobody likes them. Cry more retard. What are you even doing on a travel board if this isnt even common knowledge to you by now, idiot?
>>
>>2298700
These tour groups make up what percent of Asian tourists?
>>
>>2298711
The vast majority. Pre-COVID Thailand was nothing but bumper to bumper traffic of Chinese tour busses.
>>
File: 1650380944049.gif (2.1 MB, 498x277)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB GIF
Reminder to not reply to doom posting bait, thanks anons!
>>
>>2298700
That’s mostly SEA retard, Chinks don’t give a fuck about non-luxury goods.
Pre-covid Japan and Europe, Chinks were raising luxury malls to go back home with luxury goods. You could see chinks all over the place in Ginza and Akibahara (to get rice cookers). I live in what was one of the top destination for chink tour group and the biggest luxury department store had to open another building entirely staffed with Chinks with all the information in Chinese and in RMB so they wouldn’t clog the main department store.

>According to Hotels.com's Chinese International Travel Monitor (CITM) report published Wednesday, the average Chinese overseas traveler spends a whopping 6,707 renminbi ($1,086) per day while on vacation

>Around 15 percent of respondents said they spent 10,000 renminbi ($1,619) a day, while 2 percent spent 50,000 renminbi ($8,095) a day.

But the bulk surveyed were at the lower end of the scale, with 28 percent spending between 2,001 and 5,000 renminbi ($324-810) and 36 percent spending between 500 and 2,000 renminbi ($81-324).

Chinese travelers have been the biggest spending group among the countries surveyed by Hotels.com surveys since 2012
>>
>>2298675
>if Japan needed the money so desperately, it would open up solely for Chinese tour groups, and ignore the west because they know that as soon as americans are let in they'll start spreading the coof everywhere.

Yeah except the Chinks are not allowed to travel, at all, except for those who have resident permit overseas and students.
And the fact that the Chinks are locked in their own country makes the whole opening up process in Asia very, very slow.
>>
>>2298743
Those Chinese probably werent on tour groups and were instead just traveling on their own, they do exist but are the exception to the rule. The hordes and hordes of busses and tour groups being led around by a person with a flag though in places like Kyoto? Absolutely zero dollar tourists, and groups like those make up the bulk of Chinese travelers in Asia as well as Europe.
>>
>>2298744
>makes the whole opening up process in Asia very, very slow.

Not really, just Japan. Everywhere else is wide open now and ready to welcome Western dollars, even if they do have retarded masking rules. Even Korea is open, though they reintroduced testing before prior to departure, and you can still go.
>>
>>2298752
>Those Chinese probably werent on tour groups and were instead just traveling on their own, they do exist but are the exception to the rule.

Yes they were. Tour buses park in front of department stores, and release them inside. They are “free” for about 2-3 hours so they can shop, and then they meet at some checkpoint, with the tour leader waving the little flag, before shepherding them back to the bus. Same thing in Ginza. They just drop these chinks in some Ginza department store and they all go rabid over luxury goods, as these are much more expensive in China.

Besides, this is the number one reason why they go to France or Japan; for shopping purposes, and maybe a picture or two of the Eiffel Tower. They don’t give a shit about everything else.
>>
File: painter.jpg (388 KB, 1000x667)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
so I might know a guy who is a painter in Japan and says that there's a lot of job there. I might ask to work for him. Would it be hard to work in Japan without knowing japanese (yet)?
Does someone has experience working in Japan doing manual labor?
>>
>>2298678
Yeah, the chinks here in the main tourist areas in Tokyo pre-COVID were annoying as fuck. You’d see random chink travelers outside those zones, but they were the exception. I was walking down Shokuan-Dori in Okubo one day as a tour bus let off and was nearly bowled over by a short, fat chinkette rushing to get into the chink owned duty-free shop. All the Chinese food stalls in Ameyoko were heaving with chinks, as was the whole area, every day. No one here misses them or wants them back. No one.
>>
There's currently a news story about a Japanese couple on a honeymoon who are stuck in Hawaii because they got the coof and Japan won't let them back in without a negative PCR test. So that they can't come to Japan and infect everyone who is already infected right now (look at the charts, EVERYONE HAS COVID). There's going to be an explosion of these stories after Obon as JP citizens get shut out of their own country paying expensive hotel fees with weak yen while waiting for a negative PCR test so they can re-enter Japan to catch covid inside the country instead of outside
>>
>>2298789
Good. Fuck them.
>>
>>2298789
You've been saying this for years, a fair amount of Japanese NATIONALS (not even PRs) has been locked out of the country, it's made it to the media multiple times, and they still can't go back in. Stop this muh two weeks it's gonna happen bullshit, I am not even a doomposter but you people are clinging on to the stupidest bullshit you can.
Country's open for tours anyway, and that hasn't changed. There are still options to enter the country.
>>
>>2298792
>Country's open for tours anyway, and that hasn't changed. There are still options to enter the country.

Negative. This is not an option.
>>
>>2298783
We already told you in the last thread, but go head. Do it anyway.
>>
>>2298685
White women smell, are loud and have bad manners in bed.
Why would any self-respecting Japanese men go for them if the local offers cater much more to their demands?
>>
>>2298789
>>2298792
No problem, they'll just wave the PCR requirements for Japanese nationals in "special circumstances" and make them quarantine at home.
The US sets a precedent for that by requiring everybody but their citizens to take the clot shot to legally enter their country.
>>
>>2298789
I know multiple people who've been in this situation, it's a known risk that you are taking when traveling abroad and if you are worried then get better travel insurance. The entry regulations won't change because of that, lmao
>>
>>2298815
I literally already answered that?
Its a trade off, but i made the (however small) case for whites.
Japanese women have literally NO ASS, none at all. No don't post the 4 japs with ass that went into JAV, i have been in tokyo for a year before coof and 99.99% of women are fucking flat assed, with 99% also being small tits.
I must say, i like small petite women. But we are saying "why would youi want a white girl". Well if you are jap guy that wants a girl with any ass at all, then a white girl is probably easier to find than a fat assed jap girl
>>
>>2298815
>bad manners in bed.
the manners Japanese girls have in bed are "lie down and do nothing"
>>
>>2298828
>No don't post the 4 japs with ass that went into JAV
Doesn't that tell you something about the preferences of Japanese men that there aren't any more of them in AV?
>>2298834
>the manners Japanese girls have in bed are "lie down and do nothing"
And anything deviating from that is difficult for the average Tarou, sadly.
>>
Anyone lived in or visited Nakano in Tokyo? How is it?
>>
I wonder how long before they start to get international condemnation.
At least China and Taiwan can say they're going for zero cases, Japan is exploding with covid - what logic is there in their closed borders? There is none - at this point its basic xenophobia, plain and simple.
>>
>>2298860
We've had this exact post in this general every single thread since March 2020. There will be no "condemnation", seethe harder.
>>
File: 1517882362362.jpg (30 KB, 720x718)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
is everything within Yamanote line "central Tokyo"?
>>
Just booked my hotel for next week. ¥7000 a night isn't too bad for middle of shinjuku.

Again, asking for things to do in Tokyo. need some unique suggestions as i've lived there before and wanna make the most outta this trip.
>>
If you have halfway passable Japanese skills do you think it's easier to find a girlfriend in Tokyo or somewhere more rural where you'll be more exotic?
>>
THE USD IS FUCKING PUMPING BROS AFTER THE JOBS REPORT, SCOOP UP YOUR YEN WHILE YOU CAN BECAUSE THIS SHIT IS NOT FUCKING STAYING AROUND ~134-136 FOR VERY LONG
>>
>>2298884
I don’t think you understand the words you are saying
>>
>>2298893
? are u fucking dumb or something lol why would you make this post
>>
>>2298894
I’m not the one scooping up yen as it’s getting weaker.
>>
>>2298897
He means cash in your USD for the Yen on the super discount exchange rate right now. This is only useful though if you are already in or plan on traveling soon to Japan, which none of us here are.
>>
>>2298902
But the USD is getting stronger against the yen, so $1 will get you more than 136 yen soon.
>>
>>2298904
It might, it might not. Trying to time the market perefectly is stupid. The Yen was what, like 100 Y to 1 USD before COVID? Youd be stupid not to scoop some up if youre an American in Japan right now.
>>
>>2298906
>if youre an American in Japan right now
if you're in Japan right now then you are most likely paid in yen which means you're shit out of luck here
>>
>>2298908
whatever. fuck off.
>>
>>2298326
> while you still cannot enter
Oh, did you not hear me come in? From where I am, looks like there's plenty of room.
Suddenly, another penis easily slides inside your girlfriend! You squirt, go limp and fall out.
>>
>>2298873
Pretty much yeah. I would say Tokyo has several central areas though, so it's hard to just say "central Tokyo"
>>
>>2298919
Chiyoda is central Tokyo
West Shinjuku is central Tokyo if you're a nigger
>>
>>2298938
ah yes shinjuku, that veritable hub of hiphop and gang conflict.
>>
>>2298878
You'll definitely be more "exotic" outside of Tokyo, but it's not Heisei any more.
>>
>>2298860
its ok when japs do it
>>
hey pals just had raw sex with my japanese wife in japan oyasumi everybody :-)
>>
>>2298860
seethe
>>
>>2298858
pretty much a cheaper, less touristy Akihabara
>>
>>2298549
>Assuming you are American?
Yep.
>western Norway, southern France, northern Italy
Nice, I'll look into these. Gonna basically plan the Japan trip and a back up.
>>
>>2298938
Yeah if you really want to be anal about it. I just find the city to be so large that just saying "central area" is too vague. There are many central areas that basically act like small hubs in the city itself.
That's one of the fun things about exploring the city. Seeing the different areas.
>>
>>2299042
which ones of these are the coolest areas to explore?
>>
>>2299046
I'd say it depends on how many times or how long you have to spend in Tokyo. Also if you have something in particular in mind you're looking for.
You could pretty much just stop at every station and go for a walk in the area on the yamenote line and see a lot of stuff.
>>
>>2298860
tourism is neither a right nor protected or advocated for by foreign countries. the biggest international issue is probably narita not being open 24/7 and making it a huge pain in the dick to stay if you have a long layover. the nips are losing out on some cashflow from weebs and the chinese but not so much that they couldn't stay closed indefinitely
>>
>>2298682
True in most countries except for Japan. Japan is too densely packed to pull this sort of shenanigans off.

Usually the tour guides just let the Chinese go to whatever they want in a certain area.
>>
>>2299026
Thanks anon. Possible to survive there as a pathetic english-only guy? Well, basic JP. Longer term.
>>
>>2299118
Of course they can always adapt to staying closed, but the lacking economy would benefit from the tourism that was growing a lot every single year.
No it wouldn't be the end all solution, but it would certainly be part of a solution on those terms.
>>
File: japan.png (1.7 MB, 1306x898)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>
>>2298320
Chained fish
>>
>>2299136
>but the lacking economy would benefit from the tourism
It really wouldn't though. Imagine you have a $100 bill in your pocket. You're walking down the street, and you pick up a quarter on the sidewalk. Has your economic situation really benefitted from that extra quarter? Those are the types of proportions we are talking about with international tourism.

>>2299138
Yes, if Brazil had cherry blossoms, vending machines, and no brown people I would probably go there.
>>
>>2299136
eventually they will reopen; it's not anudda sakoku, it's just a question of when and where and how. foreign tourism was a small portion of money compared to domestic tourism, but still some important revenue for some businesses
>>2299138
I'll take whichever one doesn't have braziloids
>>2299141
sure, but if you've already spent your $100 on other shit then a free quarter might be worth the trouble of picking up. in terms of the japanese economy, it's a bandaid over a machete wound but all it takes is a return to the status quo of 2019, ie tourists are wallets with legs rather than plague rats
>>
>>2299138
if any country had Japan level infrastructure, crime levels, hard-working culture and cherry blossoms yes I would onions over it too
>>
>>2298858
Stay away and keep to Akihabara, weeb.
>>
>>2299141
Nah, it's going to help. Part of the solution.
>>
>>2298374
loser pick me girl. Let me guess, you’re gonna be a “model” in japan? haven’t seen that before!!! also,
>Japanese men don’t and can’t reproduce
Fem weebs are the weirdest and stupidest. Inb4 you’re a desperate larping filipino
>>
>>2299138
Yeah, just like in Rio, I also fear for my safety while visiting Japanese animation studios.
>>
>>2299138
That favela looks fucking ugly, dirty, and unsafe in both pictures. Didn’t really make a very good case, anon
>>
File: commute.jpg (195 KB, 1133x865)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>
>>2299194
You're trying too hard.
>>
File: majestic.jpg (55 KB, 499x750)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>2299194
even their highways are more aesthetic
>>
>>2299200
I just wanna cruise down wangan in a R32 with a Japanese chick. Can’t do that in Brazil
>>
How easy is it to fuck Japanese women as a balding white guy in his early thirties? Which places are the best to visit?

I'm about 5'10".
>>
>>2299213
How much is your networth?
If you are in your thirties you should be able to afford a highschool sugar baby.
>>
File: 1643491994415.jpg (227 KB, 1067x1600)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
I bought a flight 3 months ago, supposed to fly out next week.
How do I get a Japanese invitation letter so I can get a visa at Immigration?
What happens if they don't let you in Japan at the airport?
I've never not gone through customs before.
>>
>>2298481
日本語上手ですね
>>
>>2298604
We all pay something.
>>
>>2299238
Nah I still have a lot to learn. Just want to get some Japanese books for my bookshelf and speak Japanese with more people than just my 2 or so friends. Reading physical books is much harder anyways because you can’t just yomichan if you forgot a word :)
>>
>>2299234
Fucking lol, they don't let you out of the terminal and make you get on an airplane to leave.
>>
>>2299234
>how do I get a japanese invitation letter
You need to be signed up to go on an organized, preplanned tour and you need to have all relevant information submitted to the group who will need to submit it all with the Japanese government and border control. This can take a month, so be sure to get it done quickly!
>What happens if they don't let you in Japan at the airport?
If you don't have a visa, you will be told to rebook your return flight for the soonest available opportunity and you will be returned to your country of origin on the next possible flight
>>
>>2299254
>>2299255
>you will be returned to your country of origin on the next possible flight
Can you book a flight to another country instead?
>>
>>2299256
I don't know, why don't you go find out.
>>
>>2299256
Yes, connections are fine. But without a visa you will not be able to pass customs. I guess you could stay in the airport for a while, but eventually you will run out of money for the 1500yen/hour or so airside rooms
>>
>>2298536
how long did it take to get your coe?
>>
>>2299194
America:
Buying a car, paying for gas, paying for maintenance, getting it inspected for a registration sticker every year, paying insurance monthly, paying speeding tickets for going 21 in a 20, getting new plates every few years, sitting in traffic, getting cut off by assholes, and more inconveniences just so you can go to a drive thru. And you’re killing the world (as well as not getting any exercise yourself sitting on your ass) while doing it
Any place with good public transportation:
Buy a train ticket or pass. Get to where you need to go or close. Ignore other people with headphones or meet a stranger.
Your argument is retarded. A massive 10-lane highway in Texas serves 220,000 cars a day whereas a medium sized line in Italy will serve 850,000 passengers
>>
File: jpn.jpg (214 KB, 1919x1079)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
anybody been watching pewdiepie's japan vlogs? it really hurts knowing ill never be able to live in japan care-free like them. must be nice being rich
>>
>>2299280
>replying to soijak images
incredible how multinational petroleum companies have somehow conflated freedom in america with car ownership in the process of memoryholing the fact that the us has the most railroad track laid of any country by a lot, and virtually every town above a few hundred people has rail passing through them
burgers truly are the most cucked people
>>
File: 1650374086793.jpg (11 KB, 480x304)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>2299284
>anybody been watching pewdiepie's japan vlogs
>>
>>2299286
Massive cope because you can't afford a car
>>
>>2299284
Stop being lazy and get rich you silly goose
>>
>>2299291
Not him but if you think owning a car in the US is a luxury and not a necessity created by toxic city design, you are really naive.
>>
>>2299291
>he thinks car ownership is predicated on income
lmao
>>
>>2299337
It's true that millennials are scared to drive and not manly enough to fill the gas tank or change a tire

>>2299336
>toxic

It's hard to take someone seriously when they talk like a vagina and it's all about muh feelings, boo hoo muh big oil....boo hoo muh al gore has 5 private jets and three mansions but told me I'm killing the planet.....boohoo we can ride trains that don't exist and would require trillions in subsidies

Typical college retardation. Congrats you memorized some bullshit from a commie who couldn't get a real job so he sucks on the government title while leaching from the working man
>>
>>2299342
>not just getting public transport or riding a bike like a normal person
IMAGINE being an American
>>
>>2299342
>immediately jumps to the ad hominem and start talking in buzzwords
Maybe if you weren't such a gigantic spaghetti spilling faggot people would actually give a shit to what you write.
Also nice ellipsis, nigger. Did you learn how to write in your inbreeding motor-home?
>>
>>2299345
Work hard and save and in 20 years maybe they will let you get a yugo or a lada
>>
>>2299359
I owned a car for 7 years, got rid of it because I never needed to use it.
>>
>>2299342
imagine having exxonmobil's hand so far up your ass that they can use you as a sockpuppet like this
>>
>>2299016
Wow really? What a coincidence, I just had sex with your Japanese wife too. Ohayou eskimo bro.
>>
>>2299360
>>2299371
Cry cry cry, maybe bottle your tears and sell them if you can't afford a car
>>
>>2299385
>shitposts to cope with his now $1000 car repayments for a car thats depreciating several $K a year
>>
File: 1603620433646.jpg (391 KB, 850x1201)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>2299284
it's a bit depressing to think that even if I manage to move to Japan, my life will be nothing like what Pewdiepie and other assorted faggots of that kind are showing in their vlogs and streams
>>
After 2.5 long years I managed to get back into Japan today.
My impressions so far:
>nobody treats you any different. No people scoff at you or turn away and cover their faces because you‘re a gaijin. That was pure larping by overzealus doomposters.
>I got invited by some Japs I know into an unagi restaurant and absolutely nobody gave me any mind. No mean looks, nothing.
>everybody wears masks inside, some people still wear them in cars. About 1 out of 5 people outside don‘t wear masks anymore though. Nobody who‘s cycling/jogging wears one. Nobody will judge you for not wearing it inside.
>the humidity sucks and the next few days are going to get worse
I‘ll be heading to Shikoku and later Hyogo in the coming weeks, I‘ll be sure to keep you guys updated :-)
>>
>>2299415
> Nobody will judge you for not wearing it outside*
People WILL absolutely judge you if you don‘t wear it inside though, some establishments may even kick you out if you don‘t wear it.
>>
>>2298320

South Korea is open but hyper-cringe with their mask policies. Japan is remaining shut because they're just xenophobic in my opinion. Different countries are using this plandemic for different reasons and it's so obvious to people with half a brain. Japan has that right, but it still pisses me off.
>>
>>2299420
It‘s a sovereign country and if they don‘t want to let in hordes of annoying tourists then that is their God given right.
>>
>>2299415
Have fun, anon. I want to make it over to Shikoku someday, but I have no idea what I'd do there.
>>
>>2299428
Thanks, anon. I plan to climb Mount Kunimi in Tokushima prefecture, maybe do some rafting and chill in an onsen. I‘ll also go to Matsuyama for a few days and revisit some of the locations from the novel Botchan. It‘s lighthearted, short book that I can recommend if you‘re interested in how Shikoku was about 150 years ago.
>>
>>2299420
Japan is shut because people are still scared of corona. I know to you and the rest of the world the hoax is over but here it's still going strong.
>>
>>2299284
Why do you give that talentless hack clicks? You know that people like you finance the hedonism of these leeches, right?
>>
Are student visas being given out right now? Might just study abroad to get in at this point.
>>
>>2299420
>hyper-cringe with their mask policies
didn't they remove mask mandates a while ago? how is the situation now?
>>
>>2299484
I just flew half way across the planet, probably about 24 hours total, and the only time I had to wear a mask was my 4 hour layover in Incheon airport. So let that sink.
>>
>>2298374
Post tummy
>>
>>2299485
so the "hyper cringe" is that they require people to wear masks at airports? huh
>>
>>2299502
Wow, how horrible...
>>
>>2299420
>hyper-cringe
Come back when you're older than 14 and spewing reddit words isn't cool to you anymore.
>>
>>2299502
>>2299509
Yes, considering its the only airport Ive flown through that still requires this. Mask wearing is not normal anymore literally anywhere outside of Asia.
>>
>>2299509
Go to Korea and see how much you like it, dumb simp.
>>
>>2299515
>>2299517
Whining like a bunch of kids.
>>
>>2299420
Is the mask in the room with us right now?
>>
I've lost $15,000 since the borders closed and I can't afford a trip right now.
And I still feel absolutely nothing because even if I had $100k I can't get in without massive restrictions, and even if there were no restrictions the country including all its citizens still won't go back to normal for who knows how long. This is despair, knowing that even if your personal circumstances were perfect, you'd still not be able to accomplish what you set out to do. I just wanted to talk with locals face to face without a mask some more and hang out with non-degenerates.
>>
>>2299538
you have to start praying anon.
>>
>>2299535
Is covid in the room with us right now?
>>
>>2299538
are all Americans so obsessed with masks or is it just this thread? it's honestly severe mental illness levels
>>
>>2299558
obsessed
>>
File: 1659786925459.jpg (258 KB, 1567x1045)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
Currently in sendai, was meant to be in akita for a different summer festival. Wish the festivals this time of the year were a bit more spread out, they all seem to be packed into 4 days
>>
>>2299561
seems like someone's having a fantastic time. just look at all those happy faces!
>>
>>2299569
YWNTTJ
You will never travel to Japan
>>
>>2299415
>Nobody will judge you for not wearing it inside.
Let me guess, you also believe it when they tell you that your Japanese is good?
>>
>>2299575
nor will you
>>
File: am-retarded-15954524.png (95 KB, 500x377)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>2299578
But I'm already here in Sendai
>>
>>2299558
Nope. Im in Turkey right now and it is even less masked than the US. Actually its 100% back to prepandemic normal here across the board. Most suck to live in whatever neurotic shithole you come from, and yet you call others "mentally ill". Look in the mirror.
>>
>>2299580
not in japan but a new world order dystopia prototype type japan.
>>
>>2299525
Nah unlike you Ive been to Korea already multiple times pre-pandemic and I know what makes the country fun and how awesome the place can be, and masks would kill 90% of it. Must suck to suck. Nothings stopping you from masking up like a retard and going to Korea right no, so why dont you go ahead and just do it then? Or are you too much of a poorfag?
>>
>>2299558
People clinging to masks are the ones that are the ones in need of psychological treatment.
Most of the world outside East Asia has moved on, treating the 2019/2020/2021 "killer virus" as something between a cold and a flu, at least for people with a functioning immune system.
You should know that if you had left your basement recently.
>>
>>2299586
>90% of it would be killed because I need to wear a mask
Do you even fucking read what you're writing? How fucking up your own ass do you need to be to seriously think that? Just because of a fucking mask.
>>
>>2299581
>>2299588
whining that you can't travel to Japan because muh masks is actual fucking mental deficiency.
>>
Don't like masks?
Don't go to Japan.
It's that simple faggots
>>
>>2299595
That's what I'm doing right now, the world is big enough for all kinds of people.
>>
>>2299597
>come to Japan thread
>Complain about masks
>Not even travelling to Japan
??? Are you dumb?
>>
>>2299601
You obviously lack reading comprehension, maybe loosen the straps of your muzzle a bit every now and then.
>>
>>2299561
>Wish the festivals this time of the year were a bit more spread out
yeah, especially since 90% of them are canceled, and then the 10% that are actually happening are all almost at the same time. fucking crazy. I was planning to go to the nebuta festival in Aomori last week but had to cancel because apparently there's a ton of festivals happening this week and I'd rather go to those.
>>
>>2299593
I can’t travel to Japan because they aren’t letting tourists in.
>>
>>2299604
>nebuta festival in Aomori
Heading there myself tomorrow for the parade and fireworks, some of the smaller trainlines around the are are knocked out due to the rain so it'll probably be the only thing I do until I figure out what else to do with my 5 day JR pass I got today
>>
>>2299605
Doing nothing but talk shit about the Japanese people, yet you still want to go there? Why even bother traveling to a country where you think everybody who lives there is a retard. Waste of time.
>>
>>2299618
People go to France despite the French being French and they visit the US despite their ZOG being very hostile.
You can like Japan and the Japanese and still think that they pull a lot of dumb shit, even before 2020.
>>
>>2299592
Hey dumbass, you do realize most activities in Korea are centered around nightlife, drinking and fashion in condensed urban areas like Seoul or Busan right? Theres very little else going on there in terms of "muh monuments", "muh history" or "muh nature". So yeah, masks fuck up arugably the only few things that make Korea fun or worthwhile to visit. Seeing as youre a loser though so desparate just to even sniff a Korean's fart, youve clearly never been there and know nothing about the country. Nobody who actually knows Korea is actually going to travel to Korea as long as they insist on being retarded autists about their masks, which doesnt even stop Omicron to begin with unless its N95s (and nobody is wearing N95s there).

Just admit youre an ugly, genetic trash fuck up who uses masks as an excuse to hide your grotesque recessed chin and acne ridden face and move the fuck on already. Its not like Korean girls are still going to fuck you anyways, mask or no mask.
>>
>>2299620
I wouldn't go to a a country where I think the population are idiots. Waste of fucking time.
>>
>>2299625
You need to grow up if wearing a mask makes you lose your mind this much.
>>
>>2299628
you honestly have to be special kind of retard to shill for masks this much.
>>
>>2299628
You need to admit youre just ugly and have to cover your face just to even look halfway normal.
>>
Reminder: You will never be able to leave the US if you're not fully vaccinated and wearing a mask
COPE, trannies
>>
>>2299629
Its only ugly fucks and the occasional roastie who's too lazy to put on makeup in the morning that still wear masks these days.
>>
>>2299631
I already left the US two weeks ago.
>>
>>2299633
Sure you did, bubba jo
>>
>>2299635
Cope, retard. And look, NO MASKS!
>>
File: 20220727_112914.jpg (2.26 MB, 4608x3456)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB JPG
>>2299637
pic related
>>
>>2299640
Well ofcourse they don't care about hygiene there
They literally fuck goats raw because that's what their prophet did
>>
>>2299641
>hygiene
>wearing a piece of cloth wrapped around your face in 90 degree heat that recycles your bacteria-laced breath and spit particles under a giant, sweat-filled, humidity trap
>>
>>2299644
You will never visit Japan
>>
>>2299627
All countries are filled with retards.
>>
>>2299647
Yep and neither will you. I actually hope they continue to ban tourists as they long as they continue to follow their mask hysteria just to spite potential mask-wearing tourists such as yourself.
>>
any suggestions on what to do if you're alone in Shibuya on a saturday night?
>>
>>2299656
I live in Japan
>>
>>2299659
Sure you do, buddy. Got nothing better to do in Japan than shitposting at 11:00 PM at night?
>>
>>2299662
I mean it's saturday, and I'm not a kabukicho degenerate, so no not really
>>
>>2299663
Cute LARP. Get a life.
>>
No wonder they want to keep the borders shut when it's massive autists like you all trying to get in. Good fucking riddance.
>>
>>2299659
Imagine living in Japan, and coming on the travel board of 4channel.org every day to complain about people’s dissatisfaction with mask policies.
>>
hey i have on question about masks. i haven't used a single one during this whole ordeal and i'm still alive. what gives?
>>
>>2299674
Nobody that matters is dissatisfied with mask "policies"
>>
>>2299676
Nobody who matters posts here.
>>
>>2299675
Let me guess, you also didn't get any experimental injections?
>>
>>2299682
i did not. i was already an adult by the little swine flu episode so i remember very clearly.
>>
>>2299674
Because nobody here lives or is in Japan. It's just a bunch of autists and weebs endlessly fighting over nothing.
>>
>>2299675
Guess you were one of the lucky ones unlike the millions other who died from it.
>>
>>2299697
you do realize that people down with the flu dying in car crash or even suicide have been added into your little death stats right?
>>
>all these mad chuddies at masks
You can't japan, stop getting mad at other's culture. Today I saw a man throw a plastic bottle in the trash, just to turn around 5 seconds later, pull it out of the trash and put it in the PET bottle sloop.
Oyasumi chuds.

Also turkey is a shithole
>>
Japanon here
I'm not going to travel to America until they stop their retarded obsession with killing children with guns
All guns should be banned and nobody sane will do tourism in America until that happens
We will win, SOON
>>
masks never were a part of "japanese culture" just because some nutjobs in metropolises and other tourist traps wore them in peak tourist/flu seasons before 2020.
>>
>>2299709
Please, if you want to make a stand pick something like genital mutilation, which is still prevalent in Africa and America.
>>
>>2299704
Ah you're right sorry, I'll tell that to those who died from it then.
>>
>>2299697
Right because everybody here in Istanbul is just keeling over and dying on the streets. Fucking retard.
>>
>>2299676
Except its only ugly rejects afraid of human interaction that are the last ones left who still promote wearing masks.
>>
>>2299706
You didnt see anything because youre a faggot LARPer.
>>
>>2299748
You really are a moron
>>
>>2299748
it's because 100% of turks are vaccinated with the safe and effective vaccine that gives out 95% protection against a severe disease! i love science!
>>
>>2299758
Says the guy who makes up multiple fake stories on the internet.... on fucking /trv/ of all places.
>>
Hey folks, English teacher here. I'm noticing a lot of Japanese people wearing butt plugs to prevent the spread of monkey pox. Does anyone know where I can get butt plugs in Shibuya?
>>
>>2299748
you know what they say about roaches, I guess
>>
>>2299759
Turkey actually is 85% vaxxed but a lot of it was that trash Chinese Sinovac shit that didnt even work against Delta, nevermind Omicron. Japan has 76% double vaxxed and even 60% boosted, so then why havent they dropped the masks yet?
>>
>>2299415
Well if you're in Tokyo, this shouldn't be surprising.
>>
>>2299769
>trash Chinese Sinovac shit that didnt even work against Delta, nevermind Omicron.
As opposed to the competitor products that provided 100% protection (to the investors)?
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if a significant part of those 85% in Turkey didn't get the actual injections, not that it matters, as all currently available vaccines are worth dick.
>>
>>2299763
I genuinely hope you're just joking and you're not actually like this in person.
>>
its good that japan doesnt let you retarded faggots in. you would ruin the ambience of the country.

dumb mexicans
>>
>>2299825
Another dumb vague response to deflect from being called out on your giant "living in Japan" LARP. Keep going, it just gets more and more believable with each passing post.
>>
>>2299280
>you WILL own nothing and you WILL be happy
>>
>>2299280
Meanwhile the reality is closer to this:
>public transport
Walk 10-15 minutes to the nearest train station. Get sweaty in the process if it‘s hot and humid. Queue up for the rush hour train. Stand packed like a sardine among a horde of unwashed, smelly people. People bump into you all the time, nobody apologizes. You stand on the wrong side of the escalator or too close to the exit door? Be prepared for someone to lose their shit and start yelling at you. Air conditioning? If there is any at all, some retard will have opened the windows because of „ventilation due to the coronavirus“, rendering the whole thing useless and turning the train into the metal tube equivalent of a sauna. While on the train, be forced to listen to babies wailing and subhuman women talk loud on the phone (though admittedly this only really applies to shitholes like Europe). Get off the train and walk 10 more minutes to work. A journey that would have taken 20 minutes by car just took 45 minutes on the train.
Leftists Americans really don‘t know how good they have it. Trains fucking SUCK. I don‘t give a shit about the climate scam, look up what the Little Ice Age was and stop panicking over CNN articles.
>>
>>2299605
You can pony up the money for the preplanned North Korea tour if you so desire. You’re the one who wants to go that badly

For any anon who does want to go next year, just book the flights for the summer and prepare to book a preplanned if you’re hell bent on not canceling it
>>
>>2299561
BEAMS!!! Insane. Jealous. Hope u went in there
>>
Masks fucking suck. Japanese summers fucking suck.
>>
Let‘s talk more about masks, guys. What are your thoughts on wearing masks?
>>
>>2298558
Dude I remember you from comiket threads like 2-3 years ago. I remember asking you about Mai, sad that I haven't been able to go back since 2018.
>>
>>2299766
Underrated post
>>
>>2299953
Samefag.
>>
Sweating like a pig in this humidity. Loaded up on airism shirts from uniqlo snd alwys carry gatsby wet wiped with me.
>>
>>2300017
shut up LARPer.
>>
>>2300017
Stay hydrated, tomod8. Pocari Sweat Ion Water really hits the spot in this heat.
>>
>>2299905
Nah bro, public transit and well developed walkable/ridable infrastructure is literally the only thing Leftists get right. Fuck cars, fuck urban sprawl, fuck strip malls and fuck being forced to drive everywhere. The fact that China has had bullet trains for over a decade now and we still dont makes me fuming mad.
>>
>>2300020
samefag
>>
>>2300022
Not really, but whatever.
>>
>>2300021
The leftists/centrists of old managed to build good public transportation, nowadays they're actively sabotaging it.

>but the PRC
You should know that a significant number of Chinese high-speed rail routes are political posturing that would have been served even better by accelerated conventional rail (which they are doing as well).
This is evident when you look at Japan that isn't building any new HSR in favor of upgrading existing lines because it wouldn't be politically feasible in a semi-functional democracy, just look at the white elephant that is the Linear Chuou Shinkansen.
>>
>>2299558
mostly just burgers, everyone else has either moved on or accepted it as a normal part of social responsibility if you're hacking up a lung and need to be around people. amerifats are deranged antisocial nuts
>>
>>2300051
>accepted it as a normal part of social responsibility if you're hacking up a lung and need to be around people
There's that lie again. This isn't your criteria for mask wearing. You're demanding that everyone wear masks all the time regardless of whether or not they are sick.
>>
>>2300051
Everybody has moved on about masks being useless, just some basement trannies and and other special interests keep trying to force people to mask up in public.
Japan just needs time to recover, they are slow in accepting change, just like in WW2.
>>
>>2300055
nice dubs, but my opinion(that you ought to wear a mask if you have some kind of obvious respiratory illness but must be in public) has no bearing on the opinion of whatever government(that you ought to wear the mask whenever they say you should)
>>
>>2299558
Insane levels of autism + bloated egos + entitlement + no social or self awareness will do that to you.
No wonder they want to keep the borders shut since those people tend to frequent Japanese shit.
>>
>>2299837
Nah, there's just no point in arguing or reasoning with a lunatic like you.
>>
>>2300109
Yes Im the lunatic and not spregs like you who make up stories on one of the deadest boards about living in Japan and forcing everyone to wear what are now worthless masks for literally no reason.
>>
>>2300051
Europe is even more maskless than the US. And in neither place are hospitalizations overwhelming the medical infrastructure. Cry harder.
>>
/jpeg/ - mask discussion and autistic sperging general
>>
>>2300020
More of an Aquarius man myself. Pocari Sweat feels too thick for my liking. It‘s tasty though
>>
>>2300120
I usually prefer Aquarius too, but the Ion Water is a new formula that's much easier to drink.
>>
>>2300120
when I got covid in Tokyo a few months back they sent me a care package that included a huge bottle of Pocari Sweat. I figured it'd be good to drink it as I had a fever at the time, but holy shit after a glass or two it becomes nauseating and undrinkable. I don't think I'll ever get one unless I'm dying of dehydration
>>
>>2300120
>>2300129
You can water it down with still or bubbly water.
>>
File: 1588675424964.jpg (56 KB, 750x750)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>2300116
I thought things couldn't get any worse in these threads several months ago. Boy was I wrong.
>>
>>2300149
What did you expect?
Since there isn't any regular inbound tourism there isn't much to discuss and post photos about to drown out the tards.
>>
File: 20220803_005350.jpg (900 KB, 1416x1888)
900 KB
900 KB JPG
suggestions?
>>
ngl I'm seething pretty hard seeing Comiket photos from this year
>>
>>2300176
ok turns out it wasn't Comiket because Comiket is next week. it was World Cosplay Summit https://worldcosplaysummit.jp. this does not make me seethe any less
>>
Went to a restaurant that exclusively serves tofu today. Didn‘t know that you can make gratin, soup and ice cream from tofu, but here we go.
>>
>>2300189
Looks delicious, anon. What did you think of it?
>>
>>2300190
It was honestly surprisingly good. 4chan got into my head with the onions=bad memes, but most of that stuff was delicious. Except for the gratin, guess that one is an acquired taste.
>>
>>2300192
Tofu can pretty good, too bad the west normally doesn't really use the potential.
>>
>>2300196
So true!
>>
>>2300192
nobody complains about the taste of sóy on 4chan. the complaints are about its estrogenic effects, and these don't disappear no matter how cute your sòy icecream looks
>>
>>2300199
This
>>
>>2300189
Had white cube on upper left on first night in japan.
Was nasty. Tofu is not for me, though im still happy i tried it i guess.
Closest ill go to eating tofu is the 'inari' sushi things in the tofu pocket. Those are good.
>>
Japan after it opens is gonna suck for tourists I just know it. Prices for tourist things are gonna get much higher, there’s gonna be an annoying amount of tourists, especially if the Chinese are allowed out. Just glad I visited at least once before but have this fear the magic will die
>>
>>2299706
Based and conformitypilled.

Locked-out chuds who've never been to the island paradise and whose fragile egos depent on whether there's a piece of cloth on their face or not won't get it though.
>>
>>2300027
Let's build the first high speed rail line before complaining there are too many of them.
>>
Is the 'lets take a picture together and exchange lines' the Japanese equivalent of a polite rejection or some shit

I could probably make a fucking photography museum with a phonebook giftshop on the side but absolutely nothing meaningful whatsoever ever comes out of any of those interactions
>>
>>2300285
Post pics of your acne ridden face and recessed chin, maskcel.
>>
File: 1655326267594.jpg (21 KB, 400x400)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>
File: mylove.png (185 KB, 622x600)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
am i autistic for only wanting to go to vacation in japan? everytime i go somewhere and spend money i just think "man i could have been spending this money in japan instead". i have weeks of vacation time saved up but i dont want to use it anywhere in the off-chance of the reopening. my work wants me to use my time as i havnt taken a day off in years. wat do?
>>
>>2300331
yes, you are severely, terminally autistic. japan is a cool place, but it is not the only one in the world
>>
>>2300338
do you have some recommendations anon?
>>
>>2300331
Anon I'm the same way and work also said the same thing. What I ended up doing was looking for some place domestically and did a mini vacation (like 3-4 days) and just used a portion of my japan fund for it that I can easily replenish in a few paychecks. Japan will be back, but trust me when I say waiting for it and not doing something else in the meantime is only going to make you more depressed in the long run.
>>
It's really sad that Japan is closed and fully masked. Even if it were open for business, I wouldn't want to go only to be masked everywhere and interact with masked people. Very lame. Glad I got to go to Japan twice when the world was normal. I feel bad for people who weren't able to go in the before time. You'll never get to experience the Japan you always dreamed of seeing.
>>
>Turk chudroach still shitting up the thread about mask shit
>>
>>2300379
Youre the only one who has brought up masks yet again within a string 5 posts. You are obsessed with masks, probably because you are ugly as fuck.
>>
>pandemic is apparently picking up again in the west

So circa 1 month until these motherfuckers in Japan close the borders for another year, huh? And I don't mean free tourism but guided groups and people moving for work with valid ERFs issued.
>>
>>2300386
>pandemic is apparently picking up again in the west

rising cases dont mean anything, weve been peaking and receeding in cases all year, with little to no effect on hospitalizations, which is the only thing that matters.
>>
>>2300386
Probably. At this point, I've accepted that we will never be allowed back in Japan. My new goal is to make sure that Japs are never allowed back into the US or Europe.
>>
>>2300386
There are already Japanese talking about closing the border because of monkeypox.

>>2300384
The post above it is complaining about masks you tard
>>
>>2300393
>closing the border because of monkeypox
Just tell gays to close their hole. Why make all of society suffer for their wanton lust?
>>
>>2300346
being American is a mental illness
>>
>>2300395
>Why make all of society suffer for their wanton lust?
Because westerners lack the spine to "Just tell gays to close their hole"
>>
>>2300384
>ctrl+f "youre"
>9 posts found
This fucking turkroach
>>
>>2300393
>>2300396
>t. ugly, acne ridden maskcels too scared to show their face in public.
>>
>>2300386
>>2300393
So its not enough that you LARP about living in Japan, but now you have to make up even more bullshit news stories fishing for (You)'s. You are a sad, pathetic loser, even more pathetic than that "diseased whores" spammer that lurks this board- in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if you were probably the same person.
>>
>>2299284
that nigga being sucked dry tax wise kek.
good for them( the japs)
>>
>>2300343
I’m similar to you guys. I grew up a dirt poor weeb, and getting a job at a tech start up straight out of college making more money in a month than my single mother would make in a year had me on cloud nine thinking I could save up for a crazy Japan experience . I saved up in ‘19 expecting to go in ‘20 to backpack for a month only for the rona to take it all away. Since then I’ve visited over a dozen states and have a trip planned in Europe in Xmas to see their markets but every trip I seethe and have to cope with not being able to coom in Japanese JK sugar babies and roasties at clubs.
>>
>>2300406
I don't wear a mask outside. I just don't have an autistic fit when other people do
>>
File: 20220808_034125.jpg (821 KB, 1456x1980)
821 KB
821 KB JPG
Good morning from Tokyo, chuds
How's it going knowing you'll never be able to travel to Japan ever unless you get fully vaccinated and wear a mask?
You are second class citizens and you will absolutely be treated that way, burgers can't be trusted
>>
That's it, I'm out. Japan isn't reopening this year, and this thread is just mask cuck general. I'm going to go to Vegas this fall and just stop at Benihana for my Jap fix.
>>
>>2300447
you just had to come in here and rub that in us pure bloods faces who can't even travel to the US huh?
>>
I fucking hate this general. There is literally zero discussion on actually going to Japan as students, or as business travelers, as 90% of the people on this board can do neither.
>>
>>2299415
>I managed to get back into Japan today
How? Visa in advance or did they stamp you at the gate?
>>
>>2300513
Uh, are you expecting something else, anon? Most people are not college kids (and you are a college kiddo, most majors don't offerstuday abroad in Japan). The overwhelming percentage of jobs also don't have business trips to Japan. What an insanely niche segment of people to get buttmad over the lack of ITT.
>>
>>2299415
is this Yokohama? God I miss tokyo harbor man, such a nice breeze in the summer
>>
open open open japan open open open japan open open open japan open open open japan open open open japan open open open japan
>>
>>2300173
The answer, as it always has been and always will be, is Aika
>>
>>2300541
Aika is a coalburner
>>
>>2300513
This general is made up mostly of people who go on vacation to Japan. I don't know if you've read the news lately, but there's some sort of flu going around and the country is closed.
>>
open open open japan open open open japan open open open japan open open open japan open open open japan open open open japan
>>
I have a layover in Tokyo coming up soon. Any fun things to do in the airport? Any neato shops or restaurants I should check out?
>>
>>2300586
Haneda or Narita?
>>
>>2300589
Narita
>>
Just open borders to Australians at least
I want to be belligerent on their public transport
>>
>>2300607
Australia should be cut off from the rest of the world entirely except for Zyzz
>>
File: images (2).jpg (32 KB, 640x360)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>2300607
>Just open borders to Australians at least
Ironic
>>
>>2300607
I miss when moot IP banned Australians.
>>
Everybody always complains about how hot Japanese summers are, but they‘re honestly very bearable, and I‘m saying this as someone who came here from central Europe
What‘s nice also, is that the nights are a bit colder than daytime, but still pretty warm, so you can sit outside during nighttime in a t-shirt and shorts and not feel cold, unlike in Germany where you need a sweater if you‘re outside, even if is the middle of summer
>>
>>2300596
Snag some whiskey from the duty free stores.
>>
>>2300672
they are some of the worst summers anywhere in the developed world due to the high temperatures coupled with high humidity. I'm not sure if you're trying to flex on an anonymous anime imageboard, but you're delusional if you don't think the summers in Japan are hard
>>
>>2300295
sounds like a you problem if you're not able to turn those into dates or anything more.
>>
>so you can sit outside during nighttime in a t-shirt and shorts and not feel cold
sounds a lot nicer and a lot more enjoyable than sitting in 85% humidity at 9PM. it's bearable sure, but it's not enjoyable in the slightest if you're doing anything outside. you can't ever really cool down and constantly feeling sticky/wet isn't exactly the most romantic thing in the world.
>>
>>2300447
Beni Fucking Hana?
>>2300465
You can, just need some criminal energy.
>>2300440
You will never be fully vaccinated, but don't worry, Japan doesn't discriminate by "vaccine" status if you're from an actual first world country.
>>2300719
Learn to properly dress for the weather and how to hydrate and you could walk to work without feeling uncomfortable.
Oh, take off the mask outside, it's what the NHK tries to tell you since the second heat wave this summer.
>>
>>2300748
I'm not one to complain about the summers in Japan as they're pretty much on par with my hometown, but
>Learn to properly dress for the weather and how to hydrate and you could walk to work without feeling uncomfortable.
This is utter bullshit.
>>
>>2300750
I don't know how I survived multiple Japanese summers including the Summer of Power Saving in 2011 without feeling uncomfortable.
Obviously I sweated like anybody else, but nothing a quick cold shower after getting back home or a couple of Gatsby towels couldn't fix.
Maybe you should lose some excess weight?
>>
>>2300752
This. I guess the people who complain always walk around in suits and don‘t drink water until they faint from dehydration. Not my problem.
>>
>>2300752
I don't have enough to lose that it would make a difference, m8. Doesn't change the fact that I'm a sticky mess from the moment I wake up until I take a bath in the evening.
>>
>>2300753
I think not drinking enough water is prevalent in Japanese office and school culture.
>>2300756
That sucks, if a night was particularly sweaty I enjoyed a quick dip in the tub using the cold leftover water from the evening before.
>>
Went to Akiba today. Tons of people walking around, even without the tourists. The SEGA arcades disappeared unfortunately, but aside from that everything is still there: Mandarake, Animate, the restaurants, the crane game places. And they‘re absolutely filled with people. Guess not even Akiba needs tourists.
>>
>>2300760
>shocked people exist and are walking around
jfl
>>
>>2300760
Are you a regular at shops like Mandarake? How's the stock been at 2nd hand shops since the pandemic started?
>>
>>2300762
Pretty much the same as it has always been
>>
>>2300760
tourists were never the primary customer base of literally any shop in akiba. are you retarded?
>>
>>2300760
I don't go to Akiba because I'm not a cringe loser, but the number of foreigners in places like Shibuya is honestly almost back to pre-pandemic levels. In addition to the random niggers walking around everywhere, almost every day I even see fat American couples/groups that look like tourists.

I don't know how they keep getting in, unless they're all English teachers I guess
>>
>>2300780
Then why is Akiba full of these tax-free shops geared towards Chinese tourists?
>>
>>2300783
Japan has many American bases and their "people" have days off.
>>
>>2300748
>>2300752
>>2300753
Not the original complainer. But humidity sucks massive donkey balls.
I am fit, always prefer shirts and shorts even in winter, and drink a solid 2 liters of water per day. Humid places still fucking kill me.
I work in an exercise lab and we did base (basal) metabolic testing and mine was 43% higher than average, so im just a fucking living heater and humidity makes me die as it decreases how much you can 'lose heat'.
Not stopping me from going on a student visa next year, but im just gonna fucking hate summer. Festivals better make up for it.
>>
Bunch of possies the lot of you
>but muh heat MUH HUMIDITY I will get sweaty what will the Japs think of me noooooo
Grow some fucking balls jfc
>>
>>
>>2300783
>I'm not a cringe loser
Literally the words of a cringe loser.
May not be for the reason you call people cringe losers, but your whole post leaves no doubt about your status as one.
>>
>>2300447
Holy cope
>>
>>2300836
Yes, this is my way of coping with the fact that Japan will not reopen this year.
>>
>>2300794
Because their love for money is greater than their hate for foreigners.
>>
File: 2220449.jpg (218 KB, 1024x766)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
Getting in next month for exchange studies
Has anyone been to Shiki in Saitama? I'm going to be living there and it does look reasonably comfy so i'm gonna go explore the neighbourhood a lot
>>
Just booked for the end of november, I hope they reopen until then without stasi tour lol
>>
>>2300889
lol
>>
>>2300889
Make sure to bring plenty of masks, to take some photos of your handlers and to not sneak out from your hotel room after you get back for the day.
>>
Gonna head to the kobini and get some karaage.
>>
Shit they don‘t have karaage anymore
>>
>>2300199
there are no studies showing that the onions we eat have any estrogenic effects on humans
>>
File: FTMaOAHXoAI4FGo.jpg (35 KB, 640x590)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>there are no studies showing that the onions we eat have any estrogenic effects on humans
>>
raw onions increase testosterone
>>
>>2300926
i meant onions, dunno why i said onions lmao
>>
File: DIbHYhPVoAEIxzs.jpg (135 KB, 768x960)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>raw onions increase testosterone
>>
>>2300960
>>2300967
wait you meant the actual onions lmao
>>
>>2299484
From what I read on their gov site for entry, not complying with the mask will get you fined and possible deported. You need a PCR within 3 days of when you land, or you get a hefty fine and deported. Fill out a tracking doc, with all your test info and stuff. They make you pay to be quarantined if you land and test positive, vaxxed or unvaxxed. All of this can be phoned in by a random Korean who thinks you are not complying. Only for tourist.
>>
>>2300988
>not complying with the mask
but there is no mask mandate any more
>>
>>2300988
>They make you pay to be quarantined if you land and test positive, vaxxed or unvaxxed.
This doesn't make any sense to me. My duly-elected leaders, the top government beaurocrats, AND all the guys on television repeatedly told me that all of the COVID-19 vaccines are all safe and effective for everysingle man, woman, and child. I trust the science and the experts, somebody PLEASE tell me WHY are there ANY COVID-19 protocls anymore if you can just take the 4 injections (plus an additional injection every 3 to 5 months indefinitely)?
>>
>>2301030
Make sure to write to them and ask for a refund.
>>
>>2298739
stfu trying to cope is one thing but not seeing reality for what it is even worst than doomposting.
>>
>>2300919
Visit Agosuke in Joetsu City, Niigata.
They have the best ramen in town.
>>
>>2299284
Hell no fuck him
>>
good day mr. kishida. my patience is up and if you don't open japan's borders by september then the next time i'm allowed in japan i'm going to litter all over the place and push over the first trash can i see and make the place dirty. it'll be terrible for your country's reputation. think very carefully.
>>
>>2299401
If it makes you feel better all those people are lying or celebrities that live outside of the rules that normal people have to follow.
>>
>>2301116
>push over the first trash can i see
kekw joke's on you, they don't have those.
>>
>>2300519
that's doctor college kiddo to you sonny boy
>>
File: 1460753215108.jpg (165 KB, 1032x774)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
Greek here, so hopefully im landing a good job in a month from now and its gonna get me money easier to live some of that weeb fantasy. The way i've hastenly seen it, it should take me around 1k € to cover the flight back/forth and the hotel for 6 or so days, so besides that, how's things such as food and souveniers gonna cost me? Souveniers i dont mean a keychain obviously, maybe a piece of clothing, or something nerdy in general, is Akihabara a tourist trap in this case or? I need a rough estimate on cost in order to have something to aim too and try to keep a budget. Im guessing Tokyo is the go-to place but is there a specific area i should be looking into? Besides nerdy shit i dont look for something specific, just places to visit, eat/drink/have fun. Speaking of fun, i looked into the devil's sites and they clearly state no peepee insertion is allowed, however when i looked at this "review" video of one of the girls, they were either clearly fucking or their rubbing and mosaic game was on point, so do they really not put out that much or is it just there to keep the feds away? Also, what about hostess clubs, do they allow filthy gaijin? i know you dont fuck them at all, just figured it would be nice to visit one. Since i was reaaaaally out of the loop, im guessing these controlled tours are not worth the time and money at all and waiting it out so i can roam free right? And lastly for this post anyway, do i need to know more than very basic japanese in order to pull through? I even figured that i should take lessons before that not just for the trip but for my own amusement too. All help advice is appreciated!
>>
>>2301185
Stfu
>>
File: 1596572896490.jpg (93 KB, 1024x576)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>2299284
i purposefully avoid things that i know will anger me, so i dont watch gaijin life vlogs and especially not ones that are so rich that they live a completely different life than 99.999% of the population
>>
>>2301185
Cool pasta.
>>
File: 5474567.jpg (151 KB, 2000x1333)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>2301116
With a threat like that, we'll never open up for the likes of you. Stay away.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.