[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 15 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File deleted.
How do I cope? How do you all handle no longer traveling after your two week vacation for the year?
>>
>>2268159
By planning and taking many trips and not being a faggot American with only 2 weeks of paid(optional) leave a year.
>>
>>2268159
I'm self-employed so I don't need to cope.

>>2268208
Wagecuck cope. In Europe, we might have more holidays but that's 5 out of 52 weeks at most, that's nothing.
>>
>>2268159
Get a remote job, it's comfy and you can travel while working
>>
>>2268159
become andy dufresne
quietly tunnel your way to freedom as everyone else sleeps
>>
>>2268208
My vacation time is actually unpaid. They still only give me two weeks
>>
>>2268216
something tells me that having to work in your dream destination makes it less appetizing. someone can surely chime in here

the truth is, im too lazy and old to learn to code so i basically just look for copes. i want a remote job but it seems like any unskilled remote job would just be outsourced
>>
>>2268216
I got a remote job, but I can only work within my country, with an allowance of working in any country for 3 months once a year. Right now I don't see myself leaving my country for that long, but I'll go to Japan as soon as I can.
>>
>>2268307
>something tells me that having to work in your dream destination makes it less appetizing. someone can surely chime in here
This is very much true, but you get to experience their culture at deeper level than visiting for a week.

>>2268209
In those weeks you can take many long weekends by using national holidays and paid leave, it's what I used to do before I stopped being a wagecuck. Just a 3-4 day trip to some other nice place. Get on a plane and enjoy a few days exploring some random city.
>>
>>2268159
Alcohol. lots and lots of it.

Jesus christ, no one answered in an honest way. Really makes you think.

Captcha : SADTV
>>
Wait why did my photo get deleted? it was SFW.
>>
>>2268518
Not sure senpai, it's strange many are deleted now on this board.
>>
File: received_439145064187753.jpg (297 KB, 2048x1536)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>>2268159
Not every one experiences it. They could have something at home to keep them busy once they get back like a load of (non depressing) tasks at work, a family to take care of and have fun with, hobbies like guitar or programming they weren't able to enjoy while traveling , etc. Their minds simply don't drift towards the depression zone.

There isn't a cure, I suspect it's like a break up. It will take time to get over it. Having a calling or an identity outside of travel will keep you busy and focused, ideally, on some kind of self improvement to make you feel good about yourself and your life.

Then there is also hanging around here and living vicariously which is pretty comfy, ignoring the doom posters and dumb memes
>>
>>2268518
Donkey shows aren't SFW
>>
>>2268159
I'm 25 and I have spent total of 1½ years of my last four years working. I've lived in several places in Europe and have travelled a lot. Sacrifice boring life for a chance to do what you really want to. Don't be a coward.
>>
>>2268518
why jannies delete every OP photo on this board but leave up people posting prostitutes
are jannies pajeets?
>>
>>2269422
yes. I criticized India once and got banned for it
>>
>>2268159
The trick is to already know you are going to leave, and then devoting every oz of spare energy to getting the fuck out again.
>>
>>2269527
this
>>
>>2269411
yea but how do you not worry about saving adequately for retirement? i have the same philosophy as you, but the idea of having to work when im 45+ just seems like a nightmare. working is so gay
>>
>>2269739
No idea, but I've seen too many wageoids who spent their entire lives sacrificing themselves only to get fucked my divorce, unexpected ilness, etc. I am trying to save up and to buy something cheap in the deep country side eventually. There's homes and land for around €50k even in Western Europe. I am trying to get make a profit out of things I enjoy doing, like hiking and mountaineering (you can become a guide in both eventually).

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.