[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 12 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File deleted.
When you travel around Europe in budget airliners like Ryanair and Easyjet, are backpack size restrictions enforced? They require 40x25x20 cm at most, which is rather small.
>>
>>2267783
>Ryanair
You signed up for that so you have to go through that shit. Or you can choose another airlines
>>
File: Small-cabin-bag.png (18 KB, 400x384)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>2267783
easy jets is Maximum size 45 x 36 x 20cm

i've allways taken a 25L backpack, never been checked
>>
>>2267783
I fly Easyjet a lot and have never observed anyone getting their bags sized, seized, and checked. But I have also never seen anyone try to pull something stupid like bringing a giant backpacker backpack on as a carryon.

I have been on many other flights (on non-budget carriers) where people’s rollaboards start to get gate-checked as the overhead bins fill up, so I know from experience that luggage enforcement of some kind can sometimes take place somewhere. But with EJ in particular I think that people (at least on the routes I fly) are largely self-policing since they introduced fares that don’t even include overhead bin access.
>>
>>2267783
If it can fit unde your seat it’s fine.
Sometimes they take them out of overhead bins to put late coming roller bags
>>
>>2267805
>>2267853
I have also flown easyjet many times with a backpack (5+ years ago) and was never checked. I'm more worried about Ryanair.
>>2267854
That would be fine, my only fears are either being unable to board the plane or being forced to pay an abusive fee for a simple backpack.
I will spend 2 weeks in Europe and need clothes and a laptop, nothing particularly volumous, but I was hoping to take a 30-40L backpack with me.
>>
File: 1649_1024x.jpg (106 KB, 1000x1000)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>2268076
40L is twice the allowed size
Look at Cabinmax and Cabinzero bags and pack light
>>
>>2268117
damn that's big isn't it
>>
>>2267853
>Sleazyjet
>>
>>2267783
>>2267805
I travel with a 40L on Ryan and Wizz. Never had a problem. Just make sure you don't overfill it, board in the first group after "priority". if it has some squish in it, you can pretend it meets their requirements.
>>2267854
>under seat
Always hear that shit, mine always gets the overhead compartment.
>>
>>2268328
the don't overfill part is key t.b.h.
>>
>>2267783
Ryanair is actually decent if you read their terms of service and follow their rules. people get upset when they expect Lufthansa.
>>
>>2268287
>Sleazyjet
65 destinations direct from my tiny little home airport, sometimes for €20. I can put up with it.
>>
>>2267783
I fly with Ryanair more than 10 times and never ever seen anyone checking someone. My backpack is a little bit bigger than standarts and no one didn't care. I also enter the plane with extra several nylon bags on my hand.

Big camping backpacks might be a problem.
>>
>>2269158
haha fuck women, literally.
>>
>>2267783
Easyjet is better than Ryansdare. Do you agree?
>>
>>2267783
Ryanair used to be really strict as that was their business model, but these days they don't care too much. As long as you don't exceed the maximum too much, you'll be fine. Measure your stuff to be sure and see if you can downsize if necessary.
>>
>>2268076
>>2268117
Priority bags are much bigger.
>>
>>2271059
What are those dimensions?
>>
>>2269138
Damn you're lucky. I can't find flights from Berlin for less than €200 now (that are worth going to).
>>
>>2272200
It’s true that the costs have gone up a lot—I paid ~€200 for tickets to Lisbon this weekend that were a quarter of that price a year ago. But I remain hopeful that some cheap deals will come back eventually.
>>
>>2272472
This can't last forever, can it?
>>
I had a nightmare I was on a Ryanair flight and they wouldn't let me use the WC. turned out I just needed to wake up and pee.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.