[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: waikiki-beach[1].jpg (232 KB, 1600x794)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
Do you guys think there are shut-ins who live in island paradises, like Hawaii? Figure 4chan is the best place to ask.
>>
>>2267028
I'm sure there are. Hawaii has insanely expensive real estate, I'd imagine being from there and not being able to afford to really live comfortably there would be depressing despite how beautiful it is.
>>
>>2267028
you can live literally anywhere, be a shut-in and enjoy tropical paradises
pic related
are you even really at the beach until you have a 100km section of it to yourself?
>>
>>2267028
>shut-ins
>island paradise
You have to choose whether to live like Robinson Crusoe or Michael Jackson.
>>
File: splendid_isolation.jpg (99 KB, 590x590)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>2267028
Of course there are. People don't live as recluses because they dislike the weather. They do it because they dislike being around people. Living in a place with great weather and natural beauty doesn't make the people go away.
>>
Who the hell still regards Hawaii as an "island paradise"? You can no longer apply such terms to Hawaii since 150 years ago.
>>
>>2267137
>be me
>be in upside down land
>figured I'd visit the beach
>step onto one of the 10000 beaches
>instantly turn into a baked hog due to baking Temps (200 C)
>walk into water to cool down
>gets chomped by the local great white
I luv me country m8
>>
>>2267141
nonce
>>
i might be an islander recluse soon, ama. is it in a memed paridisical location, no, but does have nice beaches and subtropical weather.
>>
>>2267028
why wouldn't they. you can still enjoy everything about a place except for the people. god i fucking hate people. i fucking hate them. i need to get my own apartment asap god i fucking hate people man
>>
>>2267028
In capadorkia, my hotel lobby manager was playing world of warcraft when I walked in. I doubt he gave a fuck about anything in the entire town.
>>
>>2267373
malvinas?
>>
>>2267028
there's plenty of coding faggots who thought outside the box just enough to exchange their years of facefucking their books in college, not getting any pussy, and being an all around DORKKUS to get a high paying tech job, in order to leverage a six figure western salary to make women in foreign countries hold their noses while they have dorky, gangly sex with them, in exchange for money.
>>
>>2267137
> 10,685 beaches
> 90% have drunken abos trying to sell you meth at 9am and calling you a white dog when you kindly deny their offer
>>
Hawaii anon here. Yes, we do have incels. Low value males exist everywhere, with the common thing of them being unfit and unable to reproduce.
>>
>>2267028
Yes because I am one. I work late nights so I don't have to go out in the sun and haven't been to the beach in over a year and the last time I did was only because I had family coming out here.
>>
>>2268314
Damn you just rekt a bunch of guys on here
>>
>>2269071
How is it possible? How can you be surrounded by all the beauty and still be a shut in
>>2268407
How do you know they exist though
>>
>>2268314
I did that except I have a small on-call harem of 18-22 year old asian girls who call me daddy and beg me to cum inside of them while I choke them.

Got on test and lifted for a few years, and now I look like some ex military chad instead of a codemonkey. Nobody knows the shame of my early years as a nerdy pipsqueak.
>>
File: IMG_20171225_131640888.jpg (150 KB, 756x567)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>2270888
I view the ocean as a great big blue desert and the mountains as constant inconveniences. I hate tropical weather and am so comfortable in freezing temps, I have to be careful to not fall asleep outside. (I've done it before). Also fuck sand. That shit is worse than glitter in my mind.
>>
>>2270932
Why live there or is it just your birth place?
>>
>>2267028
It'd be a lot nicer if tourist crowds didn't ruin the vibe. Can't enjoy anything to yourself.
>>
File: peso-usd-spot-rate.png (29 KB, 703x352)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>2267028
Theres a trinidad and tabago anon who posts on /int/ all day.
>>2268088
Why did you just make up a word? There is literally nowhere on earth called anything like that.
>>
File: air asia.gif (360 KB, 600x1273)
360 KB
360 KB GIF
>>2270942
I was in the military and didn't get to choose where I got stationed. Once I got out, I stayed for all the money I got from using my GI bill out here. I got paid about ~$25000 per year to get my bachelors at the University of Hawaii for free. Also Hawaii is as close to Japan (culturally) I could live while still staying in the US. Before covid, I used to be able to fly to Osaka RT for as cheap as $300.
>>
>>2267028

In countries like Honduras or some shithole Carribean island of course. Just need a grand a month or more.

Not in first world places. Even in SEA you can live on one of the pretty islands year round on a grand a year albeit without partying or "living large" by degenerate standards.
>>
>>2267028
islander here, while not a shut-in I don't do a ton of touristy stuff because unlike you guys I actually have to deal with the downsides of those decisions. Going to the beach is a good example of this, you just walk back to a hotel room or get an uber back but I have to vacuum the interior of my car to get all the sand out of it after each visit. /out/ tourism is a bit easier to justify, but mostly depends on how dirty the car already is since I'm not going to clean it just to go muck it up a day later.

I typically spend my time downtown at my favorite bars and unlike poorfags have my own pool in the backyard surrounded by a palm tree and some beautiful green plants. Burgers hate suburbs, but when you live suburb life like I do (15 mins from downtown, secluded enough that nothing can fuck with you at home) you really get the best of both.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.