[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (15 KB, 640x427)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
Namibia Thread.
Share experiences and stories.
>>
Go during the winter months; it will be colder, but far better experience overall
You will be traveling large distances with nothing but a rugged dirt road. Be sure to rent a 4x4, with a proper filter for the dust and a spare tire
Be sure to visit the Fish River Canyon, Kolmanskop ghost town, Sesriem Canyon, Sossusvlei dunes, visit the seal colony at Walvis Bay and go ride quad bikes at Swakopmund along with the various shipwrecks along the coast
If you can stay out at tented camps or caravan parks away from the larger towns; great sunsets and night sky views
Dont stay close to the beaches; its windy as fuck
Blood diamonds is a thing in Namibia, so dont stop in the middle of nowhere looking suspiciously in areas you obviously should not be
Seriously your car will get wrecked from the ceaseless shaking from rugged roads alone if not the constant barrage of dust; make sure you use a PROPER vehicle
>>
>>2241953
>You will be traveling large distances with nothing but a rugged dirt road. Be sure to rent a 4x4, with a proper filter for the dust and a spare tire

No need for a guide? Safe enough to travel around with armes guards?
Asking these because the only few African countries I have bee were absolute hellholes (South Sudan and Somalia) in which you cannot travel on your own.
I’d like to travel in a more relaxed country, in which I also don’t want to get randomly shot on the road.
>>
>>2242063
You have not traveled to South Sudan or Somalia, you are larping, and you are the problem with this board.
>>
how are the women like?
>>
>>2242216
Doesn’t answer my question.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1.42 MB, 370x335)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB GIF
>>2242063
>armed guards
>Namibia
>>
>>2242254
not interested in third world pajeets like you
>>
>>2242063
>No need for a guide? Safe enough to travel around with armes guards?
No - Namibia is easy to navigate because its all straight roads.
Namibia is stupidly safe because you will be in the middle of nowhere that a majority of poorfags cant get to you.
However be aware of petty crime in cities likes Swakopmund and when at petrol stations.

I forgot to add Etosha park to the list; especially the salt pans.
>>
>>2242299
im from holland
>>
>>2242300
Can second Etosha park. This anon knows his stuff so good on him for the advice

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.