[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

My job is sending me there for a week, I speak Spanish so I'm good on that front

What's there to do after work hours? Ideally want great food and comfy spots to talk to chicas (no hookers, don't even care about cooming just want to meet locals).
>>
>>2241312
largest city in the world. specify where
>>
>>2241386
back to your call centre pajeet
>>
>>2241675
sounds nice
>>
>>2241386
this.

>>2241675
i want them to speak spanish to me while i coom
>>
>>2241312
Only talking on my short experience over there, Coyoacan Zoco was pretty good.

Dont stay out late on your own tho.
>>
>>2241782
so like no bar hopping or anything like that?
>>
File deleted.
Can someone please post the neighbourhood safety maps that some local CDMX anon made? I remember captions for Condesa = hipsters and Tepito = say good bye to your iphone.
>>
File: 1652444494595.jpg (165 KB, 533x574)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>2241942
>>
It is a big sprawling city, a lot of the neighborhoods begin to repeat themselves after a while-- if you know spanish too you'll be in way better shape.

Coyoacán is the aspirational cool neighborhood, Condesa / Polanco/ Roma are all similar vibes, even El Centro downtown is fun and safe if you've never been.

Most all activities revolve around eating and drinking around plazas, they get quite fun in the late afternoons, early evenings when the temps cool. Lots of museums. Lots of street vendors. Start with some of those neighborhoods and see what interests you
>>
just go to roma/hipodromo, everywhere else is pozzed, especially coyacaca
>>
>>2241951
Sounds good, I got 5 days/4 nights so just want to see what it's like before I go back on my own and not for work. Appreciate the run down
>>
>>2241942
only thing to worry about in Mexico City are the Federales. They will attempt to rob you if they can ID you away from "large" crowds. "small" crowd provides no protection. They will try to get 2000 pesos but settle for much less sometimes 200-300 pesos or if your willing to stand around talking in circles with them long enough they will give up. Or if you have dealt with them before and have the balls to "respectfully" tell them to fuck off. I always tell them I'm not drunk, no drugs on me, no weapons, and I'm leaving. They may grab your arm at this point or may just let you walk away. YMMV. They are real fucking putitos. Do not worry about thugs, cartels, or pick pockets anymore than you would in NYC or similar. Also MOST of the 18-30 year-olds in CDMX speak perfectly fluent English better than most Mexicans in the US.
>>
>>2242109
I had a work conference right before the bat soup and the Mexican office spoke perfect fucking english with zero accent. I thought they were Chis, and asked them if that was so. They laughed and said no way, we were born and raised in Mexico.

Of course it's not breaking news that english is the language of the professional world, but I was still shocked at their lack of accent. Everyone else pretty much has a deep marked accent, but these chilangos were damm near native speaker level
>>
>>2241433
Staying in Santa Fe. How far is that from the cool hoods mentioned in the thread? Condesa, Roma etc.

What about Santa Fe itself?
>>
>>2241312
I always stay in the run down neighborhoods with my family, in the past their would be a lot of trains going through the city in the morning but I don't think they use the trains as much anymore cause I don't see them pass by anymore
>>
File: Toluca.jpg (114 KB, 720x480)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
Any smaller cities around CDMX that are nice to stay a month in?
Was looking at Toluca and Cuernavaca
>>
>>2241312
The best food experiences are at lunch because thats when Mexicans have the biggest meal of the day. Late night you can go to a park and they might have a stage to do live music and entertainment. Grab a tamal or an elote from a street seller. Really beautiful country, just spent 3 months living in the Yucatan peninsula.
>>
>>2242109
>Also MOST of the 18-30 year-olds in CDMX speak perfectly fluent English better than most Mexicans in the US
>>2242627
>I thought they were Chis
A lot of people don't realize that the people who leave Mexico for the U.S are, mostly, poor country folk with little in the way of formal education. Obviously they're going to struggle learning English. And then their children, who likely grow up absorbing poor American culture, end up as stupid and worthless chicanos who can't speak Spanish and get rejected by real Mexicans, and speak poor English and get rejected by their fellow Americans.

t. American spic who's actually got some brains
>>
>>2245183
>no-nooo you must talk like a white cuck to please our masters!
>>
>>2245193
It's called language proficiency. You're an imbecile. And probably monolingual.
>>
>>2245197
Shut up nerd
>>
>>2245284
brainlet moron
>>
>>2245183
True. Same, traveling bean.

>>2241942
Seconded. I go to MX every time I go see family in Puebla because it's cheaper to fly there and then get a bus to my mom's house. I always visit the zócalo and see the pyramid ruins, but I'd love to have a map to see other parts of cdmx
>>
>>2241312

I hope you stay there OP and ever come back. Fuck you and everyone that supports that cartel ruled goblin hovel.
>>
>>2241312
Polluted nd unsafe
post your pic
>>
>>2242631
Use Googlemaps, pendejo

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.