[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: soon.jpg (155 KB, 1080x608)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>When will Japan open to tourists again?
Soon.
>Ok, but seriously, when will Japan be open to tourists? Probably sooner.
>Japanese news
https://mainichi.jp/english/
>News by gaijin for gaijin
https://japantoday.com/

>How do I travel by public transportation?
Use Google Maps within cities, install the Hyperdia or Jorudan app for intercity travel
>Dude, what should I see in ________?
https://www.wikivoyage.org/
https://www.japan-guide.com/
https://www.jnto.go.jp/
>Solid general guides - sights, sample itineraries, pre-travel considerations, etc
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1fmfaySQHmojbRGKWCwRecq6Ln1Bb2Xdh&ll=35.67928012473078%2C139.68638283648374&z=12

ーCurrent status on the Miyajima Floating Torii Gateー
Under construction. Consequently, it's not worth visiting Miyajima.

ーInfo on Prositutionー
Most brothels in Japan don't allow in foreigners, and the ones that do are notoriously expensive - at least $400USD per hour. If you're mainly interested in cooming go to another country.
Please stop asking questions about this topic without refering to the /trv/ archives under archived.moe, or to one of the websites below before.
>http://rockitrisingsun.com
>https://paradise-tokyo.net
>http://hentaitokyo.com

ーJR Passー
Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.
>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥ (approximately a Tokyo-Kyoto round-trip bullet train trip)
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥

Super-easy rail pass calculator. Fill in your planned trips, get a quick yes/no response.
>https://www.japan-guide.com/railpass/
Previous edition: >>2236875
>>
>>2239956
Nah, the broken part will be outdated by the next thread anyway.
>>
I just realized I can probably find a (good) job in Japan, and soon. I don't know why I was a retard about this before, thinking I had to be fluent in Japanese and that there wasn't much of a software/IT industry there. I am definitely doing this. Feels strange now thinking this may be the last year I spend living in the US.
>>
>>2239971
Been to Japan before for an extended period of time?
>>
File: 1650380944049.gif (2.1 MB, 498x277)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB GIF
Reminder not to reply to obvious doom posting bait, thanks anons!
>>
File: 2380090__1505678601.png (18 KB, 242x181)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>2239949
Does anyone have any recommendations for kayaking spots in Japan? I'll be mostly around Osaka on my next trip, if that helps.
>>
>>2239979
Thanks Kiryuposter
>>
>>2239991
What an odd thing to ask. Maybe you could try and get as far through Dotonburi as possible before you're swarmed with 50 riot shields?
>>
I will not wear the mask in Japan.
I will cough in the faces of elderly Japanese people.
I will be loud on the train.
I will harass girls while blackout drunk at 2 AM in Roppongi.

And NO ONE can stop me.
>>
>>2239949
>/jpg/
Not formatted correctly. Someone make a new thread.
>>
>>2240023
You again lmao. I will make the next thread the same again just to make you butthurt.
>>
File: neo-flamingo.jpg (893 KB, 3000x2250)
893 KB
893 KB JPG
Why are weebs so autistic about formatting? It's childish to make another general thread. There are are now three of them on this board.
>>
>>2240040
Cope more retard
>>
>>2240043
He is seething for weeks now and makes this autistic rage every single time when a thread is made lmao
>>
>>2240040
Please uninstall 4chan
>>
>>2240040
>>2240051
>>2240052
This is why the entire world hates weebs
>>
So is anyone here really desperate enough to visit Japan that they will join the tourist groups? I'm gonna hold out until everything's unrestricted.
>>
Just paid for a tour in June. I summed up everything and I realized its still the best chance to see japan with the fewest number of tourists cause there are no indivual tourists and no chinese.
>>
>>2240062
Lol we were thinking about the same
>>2240062
>>
>>2240063
The Chinese have literally had their doors welded shut by the local government, they aren't leaing for a long time.
>>
>>2239971
how, anon?
>>
>>2239971
He mentioned being a retard so he probably will enlist the marines.
>>
>see new thread with lots of replies
>hop in expecting to see news about the opening
>they are all about formatting
>>
>>2240090
Based
>>
>>2240090
I'll take that over doomposters and that one fag attempting to shazampost
>>
JET brothers, we must make maximum use of the time we have before the floodgates open again. Tell every Jap women you know that tourists are infectious. Remind them of all the Jap exchange students who got murdered by gaijin (that Peruvian guy most recently). Make sure to absolutely redpill them on the dangers of the nanban barbarians.
>>
>>2240101
>barbarians
So Japanese female vaginas stand no chance in other words. Barbarians make women drip.
>>
>>2240102
The real world doesn‘t work like your doujin manga, brother.
>>
TOKYO -- The Tokyo Medical Association proposed on May 10 that people gradually stop wearing masks outdoors as a measure against the coronavirus, especially children in the lower grades of elementary school and younger.

According to the association, there have been reports of cases of children becoming unmotivated due to their restricted lifestyles during the pandemic, or getting into fights due to communication problems because masks hide facial expressions.

Since more than 80% of the population aged 65 and older, who are considered to be at high risk of serious illness, have received the third COVID-19 booster vaccination in Tokyo, the medical group suggested that young children remove their masks when outdoors where they can practice social distancing, such as playing outside at day care, during physical education classes at school, and while taking walks, in preparation for summer, when they are more at risk of heatstroke.
>>
>>2240112
Doombros...
>>
>>2240121
T-The article is only about preschool kids anyway
>>
>>2240112

>According to the association, there have been reports of cases of children becoming unmotivated due to their restricted lifestyles during the pandemic, or getting into fights due to communication problems because masks hide facial expressions.

So surprising, shocking, who would've thought that recognizing facial expressions was actually needed to function as normal human beings.

Can't wait to have a whole generation of anti social children due to the three years we've been forcing this shit on everyone, at least we save granpa.
>>
>>2240125
You forgot to mention how this generation basically has no future, due to sky high inflation and a job market fucked for deckades all done so we could protect 80 year old geezers.
>>
>>2240126

80 year old geezers are the the ones making these decisions, who would've thought that they'd try to save themselves.
>>
What the fuck is going on with the plane ticket prices? EU-Japan prices are sky high and they just keep getting more expensive.

Business class cost as much as a 1st Class in 2019.
>>
>>2240129
Yeah its fucking so stupid, my travel buddy has wimped out of going becasue it will cost him an extra £600.

£1400 in total whereas when i booked back in jan it was like £800
>>
>>2238924
Oh yeah the absolute freedom of being married to a Jap. Faggot
>>
>>2240129
I'm seeing economy going for 600-800 eur ish roundtrip even in August (usually peak pricing) from my country. Used to be 450-700, so not too much difference here. Business I only take if I get offered a free or cheap upgrade so don't remember old prices.
Though I have no option for direct flights from here, maybe that makes it different?
>>
>>2240129
rising fuel prices + closed russian airspace, due to which european flights have to go from the mediteranean through georgia and central asia, lengthening the trip
>>
>>2240132
Seethe more fag
>>
File: DSC07468.jpg (3.21 MB, 3000x2000)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB JPG
>>2240126
But sky high inflation is good though, as long as salaries loosely follows, which they always do in such strong conditions. It means a reenactment of the golden conditions boomers had. Hopefully it's NOT transitory, this way interests rate will go up, thus housing will go down because no free money, I'll then contract that juicy 12% interests loan, buy the house for a cheap nominal, and over the years as inflation go down, renegotiate my loan with lower interests as they go down. Exactly what the boomers did. Zoomers these day don't yet realize how the planets are aligned in their favor.
Traveling won't be cheaper though, but oh well, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't cost much.
>>
>>2240130
>>2240133
I wonder where you guys get these prices. I‘ve never payed less than 1200€ for a roundtrip, even before the pandemic. The flights I bought for this year set me back 1300€, so there was a slight increase.
>>
>>2240130
Jesus christ. That is nearly double the price.

I might have to bite the bullet and pay up, but keep thinking I could get that sweet 1st class ticket or tons of other shit with that same money if I wait.
>>
>>2240144
When did you buy your tickets? How much is the difference if you use the latest prices?
>>
File: dfsdfswrwer.png (55 KB, 1012x588)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>2240144
I check google flights and adjust the dates to find a minimum, only restriction is <20h travel time to eliminate super long layovers. If you can put up with a 12h+ layover then it gets cheaper.
Picrel is what I get for BUD-NRT for some random dates
>>
>>2240144
Example of prices back in 2017, Nov-Dec, by China Southern Airlines

>Amsterdam – Komatsu – Amsterdam (313 UR)
>Madrid – Shizuoka – Madrid (317 EUR)
>Prague – Tokyo – Prague (336 EUR)
>Paris – Shizuoka – Paris (344 EUR)
>Rome – Tokyo – Rome (353 EUR)
>Frankfurt – Fukuoka – Frankfurt (383 EUR)
>>
>>2240149
I bought tickets in 2019 and early 2020.
This year I bought my first tickets in January, but the flight ended up being cancelled so I refunded them. It was supposed to be a flight Berlin-Warsaw-Tokyo, because Berlin doesn‘t have direct flights to Japan. That one cost me 4600 PLN. After my flight was cancelled I booked a new connection Berlin-Vienna-Tokyo with Austrian Airlines, like I said that one cost me a little bit more than 1300€. Economy class, no special seating, or additional baggage or anything like that.
However my flights back in 2019 and 2020 were direct flights, without any legovers, as I was flying from another airport and like I said the prices were around 1200€.
They‘re all Star Alliance flights.
>>
>>2240151
Europe has direct flights to Shizuoka and Fukuoka? I never knew that.
>>
File: DSC01130_r.jpg (3.4 MB, 3750x2500)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB JPG
I used to book tickets with Finnair, for a Paris - Helsinki - Tokyo (and the wayback) for around 600-650€. With a 50min flight change in the nice HEL airport, perfect for walking a bit and taking a shit if necessary. And the flight from HEL to HND is with Japan Airlines, which is always nice.
It was my favorite route, unfortunately with closed airpsaces these days on top of doubling oil prices, it's a bit fucked up. I also had access to direct Paris-Osaka Air France flights for 690€, I intended to use that route for my next trip, but oh well.
>>
>>2240155
Meant HEL to NRT*
Never landed on HND so far, those flights were always more expensive
>>
>>2240154
Not what >>2240151 posted, but Finnair at one point offered HEL-FUK as a direct flight.
If you're heading to Kyushu you should check if going via Seoul might be more convenient for you.
>>
>>2240160
>HEL
>FUK
Gotta be the funniest direct-flight itinerary you can do
>>
>>2240165
heh
>>
I want to work at the University of Tokyo as a historian.
>>
Are there any good Japan youtube channels that aren't full of videos like "I wandered into Japan's SPOOKIEST Hotel" or "Top 10 Things to do in Tokyo"?
>>
>>2240190
No, just you're average 20 something old white guy on his Japan vacation.
>>
>>2240192
A nigger at heart
>>
File: 1582186384219.jpg (60 KB, 750x724)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Have any of you guys booked flights for the coming months in hopes of the group tour shit to be gone soon?
Me and some buddies all just booked for the end of September for 10 days
We managed to get our tickets for pretty cheap, $885 AUD direct from Melbourne to Narita going and back
>>
>>2240083
Whats wrong with serving your country you little faggot
>>
>>2240197
Nothing wrong if you're Israeli but why would you serve Israel otherwise?
>>
File: fdgs.jpg (9 KB, 282x178)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>buy a ticket cause it opens up
>check japanese info about covid
>Countries/Regions subject to denial of permission to enter Japan due Covid
>my country is there
>>
>>2240196
I want to book for end of October this week, the tickets still cost half as much what they used to before 'rona.
>>
>>2240200

What the fuck are you talking about opens up, it's still closed.
>>
>>2240208
kill yourself doomposter but I might kill myself aswell
>>
>>2240209

How am I a doomposter, I want this shit to open up as well, but right now it's closed retard.
>>
I can't wait to go back and eat nice food, fuck nice women and maybe feel a hint of happiness if I'm lucky.
>>
CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE SOME SLANT NIP PUSSY INTO MY SLAM PIG IN FRONT OF A BUNCH OF JET GAIJIN
>>
>>2240218
Beta as fuck
>>2240219
Based
>>
>>2240218
>>2240219
I'm going to take the keisei sky access directly from Narita to Asakusa and then call one of the highend soaplands to pick me up by a mercedes from there. In the car I will proceed to brag to the driver how many months of nofap I endured in order to be able to stay fully erect for the whole 3 hour session I booked. He will say something like sugoina bro, pretending to be uninterested, while deep down he is being jealous. After the session I will be told that I was one of her best sexual partners at her work. I deflect her compliment as a Japanese gentleman would, and exchange contact informations with her before leaving the establishment and head to my hotel to check in.
>>
>>2240272
tell me some high end seaplands pls
>>
>>2240284
soap lands sorry
>>
>>2240143
Haha imagine wages rising to cover infation and this bubble
>no
>>
File: 1652233199534.gif (1.76 MB, 219x186)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB GIF
>>2240272
>>
Coomer posters are the cancer of this general. Bunch of incels writing their headcanon fanfic and then not getting any Nip pussy once they arrive in Japan, because the language barrier puts most women off. The bedt bet they have at securing „tight Nip pussy“ is at Hub bars, where they can score washed up 40 year olds with baby bellies and extreme celullite.
I usually just ignore these 20 year olds travelling for the first time on daddy‘s money, because soon reality will hit them like a truck, but the cockiness in these pst few threads has been so second hand embarassing I wish to hide shabu in their luggage so they get a lifetime ban on ever enetering Japan again.
Annoying ass teenagers, I shit in your throats.
>>
>>2240308
>The bedt bet they have at securing „tight Nip pussy“ is at Hub bars, where they can score washed up 40 year olds with baby bellies and extreme celullite.
This place is infested with low standards yellow fever faggots so I have no doubt they would be 100% of with this.
>>
>>2240308
Anon as annoying as they are, it's the people fucking replying to them that are fanning the flames. Just ignore these pathetic children who's entire lives are governed by vaginas and they will become sparse in time.
>>
>>2240272
I'm not going to waste my time with hookers. I'm going to try and find somebody nice who will hopefully actually like me.
>>
>>2240308
Some people do aim higher than that though.
>>
>>2240284
Most places I tried closed down during corona so just google for 高級ソープランド

Keep in mind that they are mostly Japanese only and you will need a good amount of soft skills to even get in.

>>2240317
That is respectable, good luck to you
>>
Bro's we're losing the Kims now. Why are girls here so obsessed with Korean stuff/koreans nowadays
>>
>>2240327
I'm not some fat autistic gaijin weeb thankfully. Well groomed, hygiene, dress nicely, and charismatic
>>
>>2240014
Are you actually retarded or did you just not read my post?
>>
>>2240155
where on earth did you get such a deal?
i need a HEL-NRT/HND flight in august and i get nothing under 1.5k€
>>
>>2240419
I read it bitch. Fuck you and your kayak
>>
>>2240411
same
>>
File: DSC04170_r.jpg (2.55 MB, 4500x3000)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB JPG
>>2240426
Well, I did write "used to book". That was when I went there before covid, before Russian airspace being closed, recession looming, fuel going up like it's the 1970s energy crisis 2.0, and inflation. When I look up now, it's like what you see on your side, at least double the price.
Oh well.
>>
>>2240404
Well mental illness and kpop goes hand in hand, and there's plenty of socially awkward, lonely and mentally ill depressed young people in Japan. So the answer is obvious
>>
Aussies allowed back in japan yet?
>>
>>2240404
anything that draws globohomo attention away from japan is good, we should be very thankful to kpop for that
>>
Has anyone here been to Oedo Onsen Uruyasu Mangekyo? Now that the one in Odaiba is closed I found out about the existence of this one. Has anyone ever been? It's supposedly near Tokyo Disney
>>
>>2240460
Aussies shouldnt be allowed anywhere.
>>
what are some cool hikes that have a lot of history on them
I've been looking at mount Hiei but does anyone know any others that are pretty neat
>>
>>2240189
Rambalac
>>
>>2240189
Only In Japan and Japanology Plus. You've probably seen them already but they really are the best resource that isn't just clickbait (John Daub wanders into that territory every now and then but for the most part he's a real authentic aspie)
There's also Japan Rail Journal and probably some other NHK World series on youtube if you wanna dig for content, it's a TV channel that covers regional interests pretty regularly
>>
What are some things I should bring just in case I get sick? I don't want to waste any time in September when I visit.
>>
>>2240644
what kind of sick
they have cold medicine there too
>>
>>2240645
STD
>>
>>2240611
this motherfucker doesn't deserve a single click, i hate youtubers so i looked him up and his entire reddit history for years is defending youtubing as a job and complaining about adblockers. nigga you're already making hundreds of thousands walking around PLACE, JAPAN with a camera for 30 minutes at a time it's not a job and you don't deserve a fucking penny.
>>
>>2240308
The comical thing is that 95% of Hubs are just shitty faux-British restaurants. The only ones that have that rep are in Shinjuku, Shibuya, and Roppongi.
>>
>>2240310
> This place

Yeah, you’re a fucking weeb retard for sure. It’s a massive chain and while they all totally suck, only a few are this way.
>>
File: 1650868461519.jpg (35 KB, 396x385)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
20 days until you behead yourself doomsisters
>>
>>2240697
Doombros… we got HEEMed…
>>
>>2240697
>me, enjoying my new zealand holiday, driving around freely, as anon gets put on the tour bus and follows mr akita and his flag around kyoto
>>
>>2240196
I got some for 6th August untill 27th.
I wouldn't worry about the tour group shit it's stupid and will be dropped.
>>
>>2240632
Haven't heard of Japanology Plus nor have I checked out NHK World stuff. I'll do that. On the subject of Only in Japan it's a damn shame his original channel is no longer his, but I've been liking his new channel's content (minus the livestream stuff, not my cup of tea).

>>2240611
>>2240653
There are a few YT channels dedicated to walking around japan anyways.
>>
Summer Sonic festival in late August has a ton of international acts announced. But they probably come in under a work or artist visa. Still, I think 90% of the announced acts are international bands.
>>
>>2240653
Jealous? I am.
>>
>>2240196
2 weeks, end of august. $700 USD from LAX to Osaka
>>
>Japan might fully open up in time for Nippon Baseball playoffs
Can't wait
>>
>>2240805
I can't understand that fucking sport, how can you americans love it is beyond me
>>
>>2240812
There are only two countries in the world that care about baseball
USA and Japan
That should tell you everything
>>
File: pixta_17764822_s.jpg (125 KB, 640x426)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and buying tickets for this Summer. I know it's supposedly hot as fuck but Japanese Summer seems interesting with all the festivals and fireworks and all. Also I've already been there in Spring and Fall.
For people who've been there during the time would you recommend July or August? I guess Obon is in August, but it's supposedly the hottest and most humid time of the year. July is supposedly a bit cooler and there's the festival in Kyoto.
>>
If they still want proof of vaccination in October, you think I can trick customs with a fake card? Not like they’re going to call the Walgreens down the street from my house.
>>
>>2240842
I'm a britbong, my first ever trip to Tokyo was in July. Holy fucking shit. Going from averages of 3-8 degrees Celsius most months of the year to that shit was unreal, it's the humidity that fucks you up. However it was far less busy, for example I went to the Pokémon center in ikebukuro at 10am in July and there was only me and 4-5 other people there for like 30 minutes. I went back in September and there was a line that took over an hour of waiting to get through. That's just one notable example but yeah, the heat tends to filter everyone else except aussies and chinks I find. After my first trip I started using 30 minute timers in a sauna and steam room on a daily basis one month before flying to condition myself to cope with the summer there
>>
>>2240842
I'd go in July if I had to go during the summer again. I was there for a month in August a few years ago and the climate was so bad it pretty much ruined the entire trip for me.
If you're used to hot/humid weather, then it probably won't matter if you go either month. If you're like me and die in that type of weather, then absolutely pick the cooler of the two.

>>2240849
You really think it's a good idea to try and trick customs?
>>
>>2240842
I'd say go for it under regular circumstances, but for 2022 I'd say go later for two reasons:
1. masks everywhere in hot humid weather
2. events like festivals still being limited in significant ways
>>
>>2240853
>You really think it's a good idea to try and trick customs?
It's a victimless crime and thanks to the CDC you cannot really get caught.
>>
>>2240860
Hm, good point. I just worry that the coof may resurge again in Autumn.
>>
>>2240862
>the coof may resurge again in autumn.
No need to worry, it's a given that it will make a comeback, the question is if the Japanese get some new programming during summer or if they will clamp down again as soon as the curves go up again.
My bet is on the latter but I'd be glad to be proven wrong.
>>
>>2240861
Still a crime and if you get caught you can wave goodbye to the idea of ever entering again.
>>
>>2240867
Do the Japanese actually check the documents or do they outsource it to the airlines like most other countries?
>Still a crime and if you get caught you can wave goodbye to the idea of ever entering again.
Absolutely, but it's probably more likely to be caught with drugs planted in your luggage or other shit that could get you into trouble at customs.
>>
File: fagwrh.png (73 KB, 1713x458)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
I am from estonia, why the fuck are we on the banned list?? We have fever covid cases than japan
>>
>>2240884
Where did you get that list from?
The longer you look at it the stranger it gets.
>>
>>2240900
https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page4e_001053.html
it makes me so mad. It sounds like they needed some countries to ban to satisfy their population so they threw some darts on the map and they found my country.
>>
>>2240907
I like how they classified Kyrgyz [sic] in Europe to keep the "Asia" category empty.
>>
>>2240907
>>2240884
A couple of these make sense but Estonia is a weird one, no idea wtf they're thinking
>>
File: 1644399263292.jpg (25 KB, 685x394)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
Lads... I want to visit Tokyo for Comiket (Dec 30th-31st if all goes well) but scared of Japan not being open by then... Am I listening to the doomposters too much? Should I just fucking buy the ticket and pray?
>>
>>2240935
I'll say it's extremely likely to be open by then. I mean they're fucking going to let tour groups and shit in now. Just make sure you book tickets you can change or refund and you'll be good.
>>
>>2240932
>A couple of these make sense
not really
Average cases from the last 7 days
Armenia: 3
Bosnia and hercegovina: 37
Belarus - sanctioned
Bulgaria: 336
Estonia: 213
Moldova: 169
Russia: sanctioned
Slovakia: 532
Ukraina: war

JAPAN: 34 297
>>
>>2240884
Why isn't China on there?
>>
>>2240853
>I was there for a month in August a few years ago and the climate was so bad it pretty much ruined the entire trip for me.
my first trip to japan i landed on the 1st of september in osaka, i could walk outside for maybe an hour before my t-shirt started getting drenched in sweat. then you have to enter buildings where the AC is set to freezing, not a good time.

october is definitely my favourite month to visit.
>>
>>2240884
>>2240941
Nothing Japan has done over the past 30 years has held up to logical scrutiny. It's all about saving face and adhering to subhuman bugman culture.
Most Japs can't point any of these countries out on a map and just see them as Eastern European or Muslim poor shitholes. So when they see them on a list of banned countries, they see that their gov is doing something and everything can continue as usual.
>>
>>2240932
>>2240941
It's cause they don't want refugee niggers who might've fled to your shitholes
>>
>>2240955
Would make more sense to ban Poland and Romania then you clueless dumbass
>>
Hate
>bugmen culture
>Japanese weather
>shit Jap salaries
>shitty cardboard housing
>saving face culture
>overworking

Love
>easy yellow Nip pussy, wetting themselves over my huge White cock

Should I move to Japan, lads?
>>
>>2240955
That is why germany france or sweden are allowed right, you dumb retarded mongoloid
>>
>>2240862
If they get a resurgence after they allow non-tour group tourists, I doubt they'll close up again. There's a 50/50 chance before then.
>>
Ok, ok, July is pretty bad

What about the second half of June?
>>
>>2241002
June July and August are all hell on earth
>>
>>2240950
Yeah, the heat + humidity is insanely brutal if you live in a dryer climate. It honestly ruins the entire trip for me that I can barely walk down a street before I'm drenched in sweat... especially because I like walking around a lot and exploring shit.
>>
>>2241002
First time I went to Japan was in June for a week. It wasn't that bad. I may have just gotten lucky. It wasn't that humid and it was pretty normal "summer temperature". It was unbearable when I went later though. Kinda like Singapore, only in Singapore they don't look at you judgingly for sweating. They kinda expect you to sweat. In Japan they look at you like you're a freak even though they walk around with towels and shit.
>>
OH NO NO NO NO *WHEEZING*
>>
File: DOOM.png (756 KB, 782x754)
756 KB
756 KB PNG
>>2241024

damn forgot pic
>>
>>2240975
conversely, you can just cram your way in like niggers, spics and gypsies.
I'll take the bug people culture, thanks.
>>
>>2241025
ITS THE FOREIGNERS
CLOSE THE COUNTRY
>>
>>2241002
Rainy season is roughly June 15 to July 15, also gotta be ready for that. But to be honest as long as you carry a raincoat with you that is not that big of a deal.
>>
>>2241025
no one gives a shit about covid anymore except for Asian countries though.
>>
File: 1567825176408.jpg (113 KB, 1241x980)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>2240884
>all of Africa minus the Seychelles
>>
How safe a bet is September?
>>
>>2241077
You vaxcuks coped when I said since 2020 shit wasn't gonna happen for at least 3 years.

In any case, buy your ticket, sure, not my problem.
>>
>>2240143
Even IF wages sufficiently increase (you are naive as fuck if you think they will), there will be significant lag for this to even occur, before which there will be a major tightening of spending and a recession anyway. Hell, the recession is already here.
>>
>>2241077
I’ve booked my tickets for late September into October, with a lot of things being announced I’m cautiously optimistic at being able to go, also tickets are relatively cheap so go for it anon
>>
>>2241077
75% if there's no major outbreak from the tour groups, 3 months should be plenty of time for them to make a decision considering how fast they decided on the soft open to begin with.
>>
>>2241025
Uhm… hopium sisters?
>>
File: 1589334862277.jpg (600 KB, 850x1206)
600 KB
600 KB JPG
Fuck this rain. Fucking stupid shit. I want to enjoy more of Japan before the t*urists arrive but it just keeps raining every day.

At least the autumn leaves season last year and the hanami season this year had amazing weather.
>>
>TOKYO -- Prime Minister Fumio Kishida denied on May 13 that the government was planning to review an advisory for children aged 2 and older at day care centers to wear masks as a measure against coronavirus infections.

>"It's not true that the government has decided to review the recommendation," Kishida told a House of Representatives Cabinet committee meeting that day.

>Speaking about reports by some media organizations that the government was looking into dropping the advisory, Kishida told the lower house panel, "As an existing government policy, the idea that people should wear masks remains unchanged at the moment."

Uhm… HOPIUM SISTERS????!
>>
>>2241051
yes and we are discussing an Asian country you retard.
>>
>>2241025
>>2241193
So they‘ll be completely locking up in 2 weeks again, huh?
>>
>Japanese government urged to allow foreign tourists back in
>The groups on Thursday presented their written request to Tourism Minister Saito Tetsuo. The groups include the Japan Association of Travel Agents, the Japan Hotel Association, major airlines and Japan railway companies

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20220513_22/

It's happening bros. It's coming.
>>
>>2241192
Grab an umbrella and a camera and go for some walks.
>>
>>2241196
they have been presenting these requests since 2020, fyi
>>
>>2241203
Yeah, but I think it's more good news to keep it snowballing in the context of tourist groups being allowed next month. Also relevant they say the weak yen will likely be a huge draw for tourists and will have a much needed positive effect on their economy.
>>
>>2241077
I'd say wait for how the first tour groups will go.
They say it's an experiment so I don't think they will make it last for a month only.
If they ease down this tour group faggotry, it won't be before september.
>>
File: file.png (137 KB, 998x1154)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
Am I missing something, why are you all sperging about the prices? I believe these are maybe ~€150 higher than before, but everything has gotten more expensive since then.
Really though, what am I missing, whats gonna fuck over my hope?
I want to go REEEEEE

Any eurobros know why kayak.com gives me different results from kayak.nl?
>>
>>2241286
>Any eurobros know why kayak.com gives me different results from kayak.nl?
Different currency and different tax regulations.
In the US you often get taxes and other fees shown only at checkout, this practice is illegal in the EU:
>>
File: 1402790517749.png (16 KB, 234x200)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>2241286
>why is dollar number different from euro number
>>
>>2241291
>>2241292

I know how to convert currencies
>>2241286 look at picrel, the lowest prices are on different dates, with all the same search parameters
>>
I’m having a hard time figuring out cost of living for 2 years of language school, not including tuition. Anyone done this before that can estimate what they spent?
>>
>>2241139
booked for oct 1, think I should be good
>>
>>2241301
I still say it's some kind of tax issue, possibly related to taxes at a layover destination.
>>
>>2241311
You need to set a budget for rent and stuff like that first. Everybody will have a different estimate.
Remember you can only have a part time job on a student visa, so you'll have to take that into account. 2 years with a part time job? You're going to be on a very tight budget unless you have a side gig outside of the part time job or comfortable living very spartan.
>>
>>2241311
Language schools usually have some estimates including tuition and living costs.
Adapt those to whatever level you think you will need, try not to depend on your earnings from part time work, use that to finance leisure activities such as hobbies or travel while there.
>>
File: file.png (495 KB, 660x371)
495 KB
495 KB PNG
Sorry for asking something thats probably been asked 100 times.
How long can I expect to wait before less than 75% of the japs wear a mask. Are you going to wear one anon?
>>
>>2241345
It will take years before these bugmen consider dropping their mask wearing pressure even for infants
See >>2241193

Absolute shrubhumans incapable of independent thought
That said, if you want to piss off elderly Nips and net a few mean stares from them, feel free to just walk around without one. No one will do anything.
>>
>>2241346
> if you want to piss off elderly Nips and net a few mean stares from them
Why do you want to do that though?
>>
>>2241347
1. In order to not be a submissive little bitch adhering to bugman social pressure
2. In order to actually follow the recommendations of scientists who say that masks outside are obsolete
3. In order not to get heatstroke
4. In order to signal to easy Nip pussy how much of an alpha rebel you are, who won‘t be intimidated by bugpeople
5. Elderly Nips will hate you anyway just because you‘re a gaijin, might as well rub it in their faces even further and openly trample on their nonsensical norms
>>
>>2241350
Unfathomably based.
>>
>>2241333
I have a remote job here in the states, so I’m going to try to keep it but I don’t know if I’m going to be able to do it. We will see I guess. I have about $25k set aside right now. Maybe I should set aside more.
>>
File: baseddpt.jpg (232 KB, 756x1008)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>2239971
Japan has enough faggots, what makes you think "one dick sucking retard" is what that country needs?
>>
>>2241352
Epic reddit upboat retard
>>
>>2241363
I‘ve never been on Reddit, seems like you know your way around their netiquette. Any further insight you want to share with us, my redditor friend?
>>
>>2241363
Lmao stfu nip dick sucker
No woman wants you
>>
>>2241350
No wonder they want to keep gaijins out with people like you. I know you're just on a wind up, but I know there are people like this for real.
What a fucking waste of time.
>>
>>2241360
$25k sounds enough unless you plan to go out and drink every second night

one of my acquaintances went clubbing nearly every day and ended up spending quite a sum of his parents money in just a year

at the language school you will have many others in your shoes so usually you can tag along with them after school, they should know places to hang out or eat at for reasonable prices
>>
>>2241360
I'd say you're pretty well set if you have $25k saved up and a remote job already if you just "live a normal life" so to say. You could always get a part time job just for the experience of working among Japanese people instead of being in the language school with other foreigners. And of course get a little more income.
Go for it anon!
>>
>>2241366
Downboated
>>
GOOD MORNING SIRS
>>
>>2241372
What sort of part-time jobs are even available? Retail? Maybe part time teaching?
>>
>>2241370
That’s good to know. I had really wanted to skip language school but it sounds like there’s some benefit in just being around other foreigners for a little while and that alone might make it worth.
>>
>>2241382
What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning or do you mean that it is a good morning wheter I want it or not? Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning? Or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be a good on?
>>
>>2241395
I spent just a month in a language school, in the lowest classes (hiragana/katakana course, manga drawing course) they had some very weird looking people, but in the more advanced classes you had mostly Asians, mostly Taiwanese, they were all super friendly and actually wanted to learn Japanese.
>>
>>2241394
Mostly just slave stuff if you don't have any connections. Most schools I looked up have counselors and stuff to help you with that stuff. They can help you write applications and know where to look for jobs and what types you can get. They'd be the best to ask if you don't know anybody there already.
>>
>>2240884
My country is on this cuck list aswell. Is there a chance that they will change it?
>>
What is the best (affordable) alcoholic beverage in japan and why is it dassai sake?
>>
Why are the salaries in Japan so bad? I make more now in America as a Software Engineer than one with triple my years of experience? Are there any loopholes to get around this?
>>
>>2241454
>Why are the salaries in Japan so bad?
because you are easily replaceable
>>
>>2241454
Because it's a stagnating, dying country and even the Japanese "giga congolomerates" like Mitsubishi and Toyota aren't really innovative anymore.
Also, central bank monetary policy.
>>
>>2241454
work remote for a US company or some shit and get an investor visa by buying a business for sale in Japan and having 1 Japanese employee. the investment minimum is $23k, so buy a laundromat or some shit
>>
how tough is the Mt Fuji summit lads
>>
File: 1643518238238.png (234 KB, 480x480)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
>>2240103
sure thing, hiro-kun
>>
>>2241463
I watched Yama no Susume and they needed 2 days in total, including a night at a mountain hut to acclimate to the different air pressure and climatic conditions. The ascent itself seemed piss easy though, just a steady decline with the odd boulder field inbetween.
>>
>>2241411
To be honest, my fellow Anonymous poster, I'm not entirely sure of the origins of this phrase. However, I suspect it relates to East Indians robotically uttering these words. When I say it, I strictly want to portray a jovial mood. It's like saying "hello everybody! we're ready to have a good time and we're all in this together, go forth". It is a very happy emotion I wish to share with you all.
>>
>>2241457
Jesus Christ, 23k is the minimum? Really? The difference in wages are so bad that I'd probably cover that in a few months.
>>
>>2241455
The Google employee with 5 years of experience makes only 130k TC, while I with one and a half make 120k.
>>
>>2241457
>work remote for a US company or some shit
Good luck finding a job like this now that the pandemic is ending. It might work if you're a code monkey, but applications for such jobs are far higher than the number of open job positions. For example Airbnb, one of the very, very few companies that has actually pledged to maintaing their work-from-anywhere policy, has currently 5 open code monkey positions (all based in the US, so you need to stay somewhere in that country or fuck around with VPNs), for which there have been more than 200k applications.
>>
File: 1610840420466.gif (30 KB, 300x301)
30 KB
30 KB GIF
>>2240724
Lol, I'm leaving the group as soon as check into my suite
>>
>>2241470
I already work fully remotely, and my boss is fine with me working anywhere so long as I can make the meetings. I only make 120k though. I plan on hopping ship in another 6 months to get a pay raise for another fully remote job. The fully remote jobs are plentiful dude, I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>2240814
There's also Korea and Taiwan. You have to have a high IQ to enjoy a good ol' ball game.
>>
>>2241470
>Applications
That's also not how it works. Recruiters reach out to YOU once you have enough years of experience.
>>
>>2241470
lol you're such a faggot, there are so many remote jobs across numerous industries - I already work two simultaneously (and each doesn't know), easy way to pull 400k+
>>
>>2240965
Move? No.

Rent a rokujouma 3 month out of the year for cooming? Defo. But it wont be easy
>>
>>2241472
>only 120k
this is a king salary in Japan
>>
File: 1583337576548.jpg (130 KB, 1476x823)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>2241025
Don't care, bugmen. You can't stop me from fixing that low birth rate of yours.
>>
>>2241479
Not really enough to buy property and raise children while living an upper-middle class lifestyle though is it?
>>
>>2241369
Seethe, little sheep. No wonder Nippon is still stuck with that 30 year stagnation with that antlike mentality
>>
>>2241472
>>2241475
>>2241479
>>2241485
The state of LARPers
>>
>>2241493
120k is not that much for a software engineer, I am not LARPing at all.
>>
>>2241493
I work as a product lead for two companies, fully remote - total compensation around 400k not including options I got from one that are vesting.

don't suck and you can do it too
>>
>>2241492
Yeah, I'm sure you're going to make a big difference by pissing them all off. Smart thinking anon, you'll really show them how to act independently.
>>
>>2241500
>>2241501
I'm an academic retard who works from home in an extremely easy laid back job making 28k (£) a year after tax before bonus and not including overtime, and most people think I'm blessed beyond belief where I live. If I'm being generous with bonus/overtime considered I probably make 40k tops. My doctor wife carries me with her wage. Someone on 400k dollars browsing this site regularly simply doesn't compute
>>
now that japan is finally maybe getting closer to opening up, any anons who have a vacation home or anything like that in Japan? I ended up getting into a good career during covid and I got some cash to throw around
>>
>>2241466
No one stays at those huts to “acclimate,” you fucking retard. Like virtually everything in Japan, it’s just the done thing to spend a night in them, then wake up early to stand in an insanely long line to get to the summit for daybreak.
>>
For my black brothers out there, go to Japan. Their women crave the BBC.
>>
>>2241544
>hiking with so many others around that there's a line
>a line
>in nature
How common is this? Just for Fujisan I hope, I want to go on a bunch of trails next time
>>
>>2241519
Same here. $50k USD Academic job. I’m like 30. No debt anymore which is good I guess, and I only work like 4 days per week, 6 hours per day, maybe 1 of them is actually working most days even though I’m salaried. It’s turned into a golden handcuffs situation for me even though the pay sucks. I want to leave to do some other things but I know I won’t find a job this easy again.
>>
>>2241470
In my experience, almost no one actually allows “work from anywhere”. I’m not a code monkey but I got moved to fully remote 2 years ago. I’m not supposed to leave the US and I can barely leave my time zone because I’m still bound to all the meetings and such. It kind of sucks because I’m remote but I’m not remote. The biggest plus is that I have very little work to do and can slack off more with no one watching.
>>
>>2241549
>>2241554
All me. Speaking of, I want to teach or something in Japan for a year or two, but I’m really hesitant to leave for all the above reasons. I don’t know what to do.
>>
>>2241548
During the "hiking season," hiking Fuji, while an interesting experience, is about as far from a peaceful nature experience as you can get. Fortunately, there are mountains all over Japan that have great hikes with few people.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1652443180725.jpg (49 KB, 900x670)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>2241549
Golden handcuffs is a great phrase anon I'll remember that. I'm definitely in a similar situation in that manner. In a 12 hour work day I only actually work for 3 of those hours tops. At least we have the money and freedom many people don't, even if we're not raking in the triple figures. See you in japan brah god speed
>>
>>2241554
Startups that raised VC allow full remote from anywhere.
>>
>>2241519
It sounds crazy but it’s what I earn and have the pay stubs from each role to prove it. But I get it. Working in tech remote is hard to get into, but once you have a foot in the door, it’s cake.
>>
>>2241463
easy
just long
>>
>>2241599
"Anywhere" is not exactly true in legal terms.
Some countries you automatically become a tax resident just by staying long enough within a year (even non-consecutively) and they require the company employing you to open an office there for tax purposes which many don't want to do, hence restricting remote workers to their HQ country.

Though of course it's possible to slide under the radar.
>>
>>2241570
Right, figures that Fuji would be popular enough for that to happen, hopefully I won't encounter congestion on other trails I have planned.
>>
>>2241613
yeah but I mean the startup won't care unless THEY get popped. How you handle your tax business is on you, just don't get popped
>>
>>2241599
Raising vc funding has nothing to do with allowing remote afaik and if they’re US based they probably don’t for tax reasons. That’s why no one does. As far as I can tell, “work from anywhere” jobs are contractors and not actually employees.
>>
>>2241621
raising VC especially in tech, ecommerce, etc tends to bring a certain type of exec who wants to hire certain types, so they offer fully remote at a higher rate than say, some Fortune 500 or small biz.

Yes, tax reasons blah blah, keep your residence address at your US home, and do your foreign lease in the name of an LLC or something, there are tons of ways to work around. Thailand + Vietnam are way more friendly to this type of long term arrangement
>>
>>2241622
Idk who told you that VC thing but it’s not true
>>
>>2241623
I have worked at VC funded companies, and mega corps - it is ABSOLUTELY true for VC funded companies. Have more leverage in your resume and don't suck and you'll get whatever perks you want
>>
>>2241626
It’s not.
>>
>>2241473
Taiwan isn‘t a country
>>
>>2241519
I started my own IT company and I’m basically at the point where it runs itself, and even keeps growing.

I work like 2 days a week and pay myself around 400k a year as well.
>>
>>2241350
Holy based
>>
>>2241485
Stop thinking America is the only place in the world where you can live, that affords ypu upper-middle class lifestyle in 90% of the world including Japan
>>
>>2241467
I see. In that case a very good morning to you as well
>>
File: E_PE0ieUYAI0SYt.png large.png (536 KB, 1766x1623)
536 KB
536 KB PNG
>>2241754
>>2241467
No, lurk moar.
>>
what airports in the USA still have international flight routes to japan?
>>
>>2241345
>he doesn't have a mask fetish
>>
Japan is now opening to people whose last name starts with A through H
more coming soon
>>
>>2241943
Are they going in height order too?
>>
>>2241943
Damn, my name is Aaron Aardvark but I wanted to be in the same tour group as my best buddy Zymon Zworndyke.
>>
File: 1649898399494.jpg (60 KB, 750x715)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>2241547
Uh uhd. You're still second rate to Blonde haired, blue eyed white men. Maybe if you lightskin you have a chance
>>
File: hope.jpg (24 KB, 600x655)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>2241740
True. There is only the Republic of China
>>
>>2241943
I wish they would keep the monthly entry limit at around 20k and let people in, in descending order of IQ.
>>
>>2241943
Would be better if they just tied entry to purchasing a $10k government bond as a security deposit
I don't want poorfag tourists around
>>
>>2241454
because americans are fucking retarded and think their 500k starting salaries are normal
most of the world makes less than 20k a year
>>
>>2241742
I’ve met people who’ve done this. Even showed me how. I’ve considered it myself, but I just want to be normal, don’t want the responsibility.
>>
>>2241974
sounds more like your countries are retarded, given we’re the ones making real money while you inflate and stay poor
>>
>>2242158
lol
>>
What should I do to live in japan? I know I can't live there without doing something, but I just don't know what. I'm 27, no education and no skills, but if I have to work towards something I will since have nothing else going on anyways. I just wouldn't want it to be really shitty with terrible work life balance which I've read a happens a lot there.
>>
>>2242002
Not everyone's cut out for it. I'm 24 & run a 400k per year e-commerce business. I went from working 80 hours a week, to 2 hours a week. The more I make, the less I need to work. If you'd rather just be a work drone, and there's no shame in that, just learn to code.
>>
>>2242002
>>2242178

I have to say the beginning wasn’t easy of course. By 29 I was one of the best in my domain within my country. And I was always super kind and respectful to my colleagues. At 30 I just contacted the best people I’ve worked with and asked If they’d be interested in starting a consultancy company with me.

The first 3 years are a bitch, building rep and getting customers. Nowadays I just promote self guidance, if employee asks for something I make sure they get it. I mostly do interviews and sales meeting and run the numbers every now and then.

Hoping to sell in a few years to never have to work ever again, and focus on my kids and hobbies.
>>
>>2242178
I'm happy you made it big anon, I'm sure there are many who have tried to take your path and failed. Being a work drone is a scary thing but it's what 99% of people are. Out of curiosity, do you spend your time in 5* hotels in japan and generally take the more expensive route? Do you buy grander souvenirs?
>>
>>2240869
>Do the Japanese actually check the documents or do they outsource it to the airlines like most other countries?
They check it themselves as far as I know
>>
>>2242285
Why? Is he living your dream anon?
>>
>>2242285
Now you made the algo show his vid to even more people. Good job.
>>
>>2242203
I'll be honest with you, I haven't travelled yet. I'm making my first flight ever to Mexico City first, then I'll fly back to Florida, and probably visit my country of heritage, Germany as a pureblood to visit the villages my family came from. I honestly think Japan is overrated, and people mostly like Japan because its a homogenous country still holding on to a semblance of its centuries old culture, and people subliminally desire that even if they don't admit it for themselves. If Germany for example, shamelessly revived German culture and abandoned all else, people will want to visit & live in Germany.
>>2242201
I'm hoping to sell when my business reaches a few million per year, I still want to start new businesses though for the passive income but the idea of making a couple of mil. is very attractive to me.
>>
>>2242285
To be fair the guy is a millionaire and one of the most recognised faces on the Internet, I can understand why the japs saying 'ah no prease stay away white piggu prease understand' pissed him off when he has a fucking house there, while visa holders were getting in no problem after a while. I assume the reason you're down voting is because he's probably (I don't watch his vids) finally back there and you aren't. The guy earned it, grow up
>>
>>2241950
Zanzibart....forgive me
>>
>>2241519
I make around 400k after everything.
>>
>>2242169
if youre ok with absolutely anything, you can always go the english teacher route which pretty much just requires being from an english speaking country and having a bachelors degree in anything, but there are probably programs that dont care about the degree
>>
>>2242285
its too late anon, he has 110,000,000 subscribers to infect japan with when he starts advertising it and showing it off
globalism is about to hit the country in overdrive
>>
>>2242374
As if you were any different
Always ridiculous to see these elitist turds in these threads running their mouth as if they were a better kind of tourist or something
The Japs hate you all the same lmfao
>>
>>2242376
theres a difference between the foreigners that visit to intentionally stick out and cause disturbances and adhere to no rules, and the ones that go to quietly and respect customs
all the new of influencers i've seen have been the type to intentionally cause problems and i can only imagine thats the type of person that would watch them as well
>>
File: 1646308104932.jpg (121 KB, 774x1032)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>2242379
>the foreigners that visit to intentionally stick out and cause disturbances and adhere to no rules,
Precisely the sort of person Japan needs
>>
>>2242406
unironically this, someone needs to shake them up in their old fashioned bugmen ways
and their women absolutely love it too when they finally get a man who speaks his mind and doesn't cower in front of everybody who is supposedly "higher" than him in the social hierarchy
god bless america
>>
Jannie banned me for downvoteing the pewdiepie video lmao
>>
>>2242416
wtf jannie how could you do him like this? explain yourself immediately
>>
I don't care about anything anymore, I just want to be happy and loved by a nice Japanese woman.
>>
>>2242420
this
>>
I'm so fucking tired of seeing youtubers move to japan and just complain the entire time. or youtubers who know zero japanese moving there because "muh anime". or all of these influencers freely moving between japan and their home countries
god fuckign damn it I'm mad
>>
>>2242471
My advice, stop giving a fuck. No amount of shit other people do is going to change my time when I'm there.
>>
>>2242471
>seeing youtubers
>watching youtubers
Found your problem right there.
>>
>>2242480
I guess I'm just bitter, pre-covid I had an engineering job lined up and a cute girl I was talking to. Doors closed, now the job is gone and the girl got married to someone else because she only has a few eggs left
>>
>>2242471
I applied for a tour in august just to buy some anime figures
>>
>>2242486
I'm sorry to hear that anon.
Trust me though, you won't find a more bitter and self hating person than me, but not giving a fuck about things that aren't important is a good step to at least getting a little more calmness of mind.
Is it going to ruin your time there because some streamer lives there or went on a trip there and posted some dumb videos? I hope not. I sure as shit won't. Fuck I don't even follow or watch streamers or youtubers.
Just ignore that shit and focus on things you enjoy.
>>
>>2242413
True that. It's quite sad to see all this talent, all this potential amongst the Japanese youth wasted and sent down the drain because the old farts who run the country dont know better and try to cling to the power like the apparatchiks of the soviet union in the 80s. And they wonder why tf people dont have kids anymore.....

Now foreign workers and entrepreneurs aren't going to save Japan or anything, but they'll eventually be a part of the new cultural wave which would champion individualism and creative thinking amongst the young generations by proxy.
>>
File: 1617808151700.jpg (250 KB, 1181x1748)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>2242488
Based
>>
>>2242488
No you didn't
>>
File: 1606435197405.jpg (53 KB, 590x550)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Where should I rent a place in Tokyo if I want to spend three months partying and creaming nip pussy? I don't mean hookers.

Also language schools/hostels/bars where I can find like-minded people
>>
>>2242567
Roppongi
>>
>>2242567
anywhere not too far out with good train access to central hubs. Depends on your budget.
>>
>>2242169
Do you think you can save up enough money for 2 years of language school with living expenses? If so, you can go to language school and either try to leverage your language skills or go directly to a vocational school in Japan. I can’t say I’ve encountered anyone who did this but I know it happens. There’s also IT but I don’t know enough about that to say whether it thats feasible without a degree. I think most English teaching jobs will require a degree.
>>
>>2242371
I’ve never seen an English teacher gig that didn’t ask for a degree as a requirement for visa sponsorship.
>>
>>2242496
>champion individualism and creative thinking
i hate you globalist juden like you wouldnt believe
if a place is good specifically because of how unique it is, why the fuck would you want people to go there specifically to change that culture to be further from unique and more close to the culture of the places everyone left for a reason
>>
>>2242597
The thing about language school to me is just that it feels silly to quit my job and go to some non-college language school in a foreign country. My family will look at me like I’m crazy when I tell them that’s what I’m doing.
>>
>>2242581
I'm a remote software engineer making somewhat less than $100k. So I can afford something nice but not a princely accommodation
>>
>>2242609
Most people are retarded peasants who never leave their hometowns, and don't even understand why they would want to. Meet people. Live out your youth, what remains of it anyway. Once day you're gonna wish you did more shit like this.
>>
>>2242622
Very good point.
>>
Hello anons next year im planning a vacation to japan just want to ask some questions:
1: When looking for places to stay I find I'm really enjoying Kawagoe. Is there Anyone here who can provide insight into what Kawagoe is like?
2: What is the goth/punk/metal scene like in and around Tokyo?
Any recs for youtubers/vids are appreciated.
>>
>>2242741
general advice for japan is also appreciated.
>>
>>2242741
>>2242743
Is there a reason you want to stay in Kawagoe as opposed to inside Tokyo? It would be incredibly inconvenient if you were wanting to do things inside the Tokyo area.

There aren't that many good Japan YT creators, but I like Only In Japan. He has some clickbait, but he's authentic. Nobeta is ok too, but he's kind of a weirdo. Sorekara Melancholy has videos without commentary that shows him doing things. I guess the NHK Japan channel is ok too.
>>
>>2242807
By inside tokyo I meant central Tokyo. Sorry anon I'm gay and retarded
>>
>>2242741
I like Abroad in Japan, not sure how the rest of the thread feels about him but he got me into Japan in the first place
>>
Its almost june and still nothing about the opening. I guess doombros won
>>
>>2242854
My Japanese friends keep messaging me that they are going to open from June, and if I'm going to go there soon. I guess the goal was to be ambiguous and to make the average Japanese believe that they are open just like the rest of the world, without actually opening up the borders.
>>
>>2242741
https://youtu.be/z3dN-4OyFFE
>>
>>2242898
I guess the move will be to buy at least the plane ticket before they announce open borders and everything triples in price, right?
>>
>>2242918
Higher demand might actually push airfares down a bit, because right now the planes are flying with like half capacity and netting net losses due to oil prices
If more people fly they might drop prices a bit to incentivize people to buy tickets more
Or maybe this is just wishful thinking
>>
>>2242824
Abroad in japan used to be based but I hate it now. It's incredibly scripted and for a passionate 'film maker' I don't understand how Chris doesn't see how cringe it is. His videos don't feel like they have his personality, it feels fake as fuck, and he plays on the pessimistic British stereotype so hard I can't stomach his attitude. At least he's banging sharla and his podcast is good
>>
Only decent Japan youtuber is Ericsurf6
Can‘t stand Abroad in Japan and his snarky attitude
Can‘t stand Paolo and his over the top buzzfeed reactions to anything he eats
Can‘t stand Tkyosam for being a lardass loser who has to live in a dorm otherwise he‘s be homeless
Can‘t stand life where I‘m from because he talks down to his viewers like he‘s some guru on Japan
>>
>>2242922
>his only positive is banging an ugly fat canadian with the personality of a paper sheet
Why the fuck do people simp that dumb bitch so hard?
>>
>>2242933
Because a lot of us were young horny teens when she first started vlogging. A clear skinned thick thighs and ass cute girl that posted japan vlogs? Cmon man. I don't think much of her now but she was basically a watered down version of Hannah Minx (was that her name?), and who the fuck didn't bust at least one nut to her push ups video as a kid
>>
>>2242923
Everything other than LWIF I agree with 110%, but what about John Daub? Surely you've no problem with him? God I fucking hate tkyo Sam the most, he regularly shits on other j vloggers like he's any better, rides his fat ass on that bike all day and makes japs cringe. I bet they fucking recoil in disgust as soon as they see his figure in the horizon
>>
Which areas of Tokyo are fun to live in and have 1LDKs for less than 150k?
Man, rent's gotten fucking expensive everywhere
>>
>>2240404
Korea's getting it's revenge
>>
Is there any hope that the tour restriction will end by mid august?
I bought a plane ticket for then and i really don't want to get cucked to a tour
>>
File: korrra.png (243 KB, 350x523)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
anyone know any good sites for meeting people in Yamanashi? Going there for language school in July
>>
>>2242923
I like tabieats videos
>>
>>2242922
>At least he's banging sharla
has this actually been confirmed?
>>
>>2243027
you can easily confirm it yourself. here's how to do it:
1. do not have autism
2. watch any video of them together.
>>
>>2243029
I mean she just moved to tokyo, seems unlikely at this point
>>
>>2243027
I thought she was banging that Tokyo Lens dude. Only person Chris is banging is CDawg
>>
File: 1643924289604.jpg (79 KB, 1065x972)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>2240470
>globohomo
How about you grow up and out of your /pol/tard phase?
>>
>>2243050
It's a legit concept and Japan is no exception.
At least Japan still manages to use cheap manga-style drawings for their illustrations instead of Corporate Memphis.
>>
>>2242599
It is nobody's problem that your mind is too poisoned with /pol/faggotry to understand the world as it is.

Thankfully, you won't breed.
>>
>>2243052
The way you use the term IS ignorant stormtard bullshit though
>>
>>2243061
How would you call the desire to keep the uniqueness of Japanese culture away from being homogenised by foreign forces acting all around the world?
>>
File: 1617709503917.jpg (379 KB, 1665x2048)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
>>2243070
If anything, the recent war going on in Ukraine should prove how much that's not happening. Basically every country in the world is supporting the cultural and political independence of Ukraine. Countries in Europe all have unique cultures and, say what you want about the US, but it has its own unique culture that it has tried to export to many foreign countries but has failed every time. Hell, even Japan was """globalized""" after WWII with US involvement, but it quickly pushed US influence out and gained one of the most unique cultural identities in the world, as you said yourself
but yeah, "muh jewz" are really taking everything over and plan to tear down every ramenya and izakaya in Tokyo, also I hear they're going to burn down all of the shindo temples too
fucking retard /pol/fag, neck yourself
>>
>>2243087
Funny enough that you bring up the Ukraine conflict because the there's a strong correlation between globohomo and supporting the Ukraine.
The majority of countries in the UN do not give a fuck about what's happening between Russia and Ukraine, it's only North America, Europe and selected countries in East Asia.
The average Tarou in Japan wouldn't even know about the conflict if it didn't get pushed by the media, actually it would be interesting to see some street quiz asking random people about where the Ukraine is why there's a conflict.

>"muh jewz" are really taking everything over and plan to tear down every ramenya and izakaya in Tokyo, also I hear they're going to burn down all of the shindo temples too
You should donate your strawman to Ukraine, they'll need it after the Russians plundered their crops.
>>
>>2243095
>the only reason people know about things is because people told them
no shit retard
>it's only North America, Europe and selected countries in East Asia
(headcanon)
>strawman
the entire """globalhomo""" argument is based on strawman
>>
Monitor tours from June in 15 prefectures, notably excluding Tokyo/Osaka
Individual tourists can enter from September, but with significant (and unspecified) restrictions
December will see "full" border reopening—no details about what "full" means
Source: https://twitter.com/japanstartshere/status/1526165848611856385

AHHHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH OHHHH NO NOO ONO NON LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEADDDD
>>
>>2242986
I still don't buy the whole tours thing, it's an organisational nightmare, even (or maybe especially) for japanese autism. Thats why we haven't heard anything new since the initial announcement. I think they're just going to open fully, or find a reason to not open at all.
>>
>>2243102
Yeah I wonder what "full" means when you're talking about Japan, good shit though that they're at least talking about it now. I've already booked my trip elsewhere so I don't care what they do this year
>>
>>2243027
>>2243029
Sharla apparently did a livestream and was streaming her phone screen or some shit and at the start she was in her pictures and it was full of selfies of her and Chris kissing and shit. She quickly got rid of it and carried on, when the stream was complete she made the video private on YouTube and when it was back up the first 5 mins of the stream were edited out. I found it online by accident after googling why John Daub and Chris had beef
>>
>>2243032
>>2243048
See
>>2243109
There is actual proof of it. Chris is slamming that Canadian pig every night. She's on the abroad in japan podcast a fuckload too. As another anon said, if you aren't autistic and see any of their videos together, you immediately know, no matter how fucking hard they try to hide it. Bitch was probably thinking about Chris while she was going through her divorce
>>
>>2243109
Didn't know John Daub and Chris had beef. Or do they?
>>
>>2243102
Seems like only 1 source right now. Plus japanstartshere is such a fag
>>
>>2243102
Yeah, if this is the actual plan, then the doomers. were right, Japan is not opening for a looong time. It's. almost guaranteed there's. going to be an uptick. in infections come autumn. And then they're. sure as fuck not opening in December.
>>
>>2243102
He calls out that this lacks credibility too fyi. There's no real sources or evidence, and it may be a "worst case" rather than what actually happens
>>
>>2243102
>Source: some random dumbass on twitter with almost no followers
yeah I'm sure it's legit
>>
>>2243130
it's from Le Figaro the newspaper in France, but Le Figaro doesn't specify sources and seems to be speculation without much proof. also it at very least calls the tourism ban racist and not reciprocal

one other critical thing to note - August 1 2022 is a deadline for reciprocal travel with the EU. Germany in August of 2020 filed a complaint that they are not reciprocating visa-free requirements, and this notifies Japan every 90 days of this violation.

If by 2 years reciprocation has not resumed, the entire EU will block visa-free access to Japanese people.
>>
>>2243115
Some shit over twitter I think John was accusing Chris of something but I'm not that anon so I can't say for sure
>>
>>2243132
Based EU
Sometimes they're pretty alright.
>>
>>2243123
Are you ok anon?
>>
>>2242807
>>2242814
>>2242824
>>2242899
Well... I'm going with my brother and mother and brother really enjoys Kawagoe. idk exactly why but would it be better to stay in tokyo instead?
Also thanks for the youtube recs anons will look at them
>>
>>2243102
>tours will be not allowed to go to tokyo, the biggest place to see stuff in japan
total bullshit
>>
>>2243102
>>2243166
ahahahhahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahhaahahahahhahaha

Shazamposter please come and enlighten us to how this is actually a good thing
>>
>>2243102

So December is when they're going to try and open in full? During CHRISTMAS?
>>
>>2243132
>If by 2 years reciprocation has not resumed, the entire EU will block visa-free access to Japanese people.
If they have the balls to pull that off it would redeem the shitshow that is the EU just a little bit.
>>
>>2243144
Keyboard.broke.Please.understand.
>>
Can anyone suggest a good Hot spring? Any good tattoo friendly one? Going with my sister and her fiance whom I'm best man for. He has a decent sized tattoo on his right chest area but that's it. Nothing insane but suggestions for both are welcome!
>>
>>2243191
>implying that's not the best time to go and avoid westerners and then get a flight up to Hokkaido
>>
>>2243204
Tenzan onsen in Hakone is one of the best I've ever visited, absolutely stunning and tattoo friendly. Only a 10 minute bus ride from the station
>>
>>2243206

Nah me and the wife were planning to go late november/december because fuck it we got the money

If it opens in full then good
>>
>>2243102
>https://twitter.com/japanstartshere/status/1526165848611856385

JapanStartsHere is a jaded cunt whos been crying about being banned for 2 years now, no surprise he jumps at the first unverified claim
>>
>>2243102
If this is really true, then Japan will have been closed for nearly three years.
The only countries still closed are China, North Korea and Japan. When you think they can't be more stupid, they invent something else.
Guess I'll finally visit South Korea this year, then.
>>
>>2243102
I booked for September. Give it to me straight broskis, how bad the significant restrictions could possibly be?
>>
>>2243239
Considering the lack of clear official communication from the jp government(the maybes and kentoushimasu don't count), literally nobody knows, can only speculate
>>
File: img.png (41 KB, 319x270)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>2243102

I read the article. He claims his sources as "locals". I'm skeptical, and still think it won't be as he says. Sometime in June is when we get our moment of truth
>>
>>2243239
I'd say ignore Twitter shit and wait for official announcements.
I think September is very likely to be open, but I hope you booked a ticket you can change or refund for good measure.
>>
>>2243258
all tickets can be changed due to Japan closure
>>
>>2243267
Nothing to worry about then. Just something to look forward to.
>>
>>2242939
>young horny teens when she first started vlogging
How old are you? Zoomer simps I swear to fucking god.
>>
I hate Japanese politicians so much. Can they stop pussyfooting around and commit to a plan finally? I don't care if they open this year, next year or if they want to stay closed off for the next ten year, just fucking tell us so that we can plan accordingly.
>>
has anyone ever visited a maid cafe solo? I'd like to try one out, but the ones I found seem to be popular with couples and/or families. Maybe there's an adults themed meido cafe that's gaijin friendly..
>>
>>2243314
95% of the visitors at the maid cafes go there on their own, but know the majority of the regular guests

A couple years ago I went to every single maid cafe in Akihabara to get their point cards, ask me anything
>>
>>2243314
I took mum when to a maid cafe when we were over in Akihabara.

I was judged severely afterwards
>>
>>2243314
yes, it was expensive and awkward. you just sit there and they sing songs and shit and let you take a couple of pictures. for a little bit more, i legit had a better experience in the red light districts. the girl had there was 10x more interesting, made me better tea, was better conversation, and we banged too.
>>
>>2243314
I did because my friends pussied out every time. I also went at off hours so it was extra awkward. It was very awkward but I got a funny picture out of it so I think it was worth
>>
>>2243314
no but I don't see how it can be bad.
with friends the maid will divide attention or interact with everyone.
1 on 1 makes it better in that sense so
the only reason not to is if you're embarrassed
>>
>>2242471
Pewdiepie made you that mad, huh
>>
File: 1514139440122.jpg (221 KB, 1000x1500)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
I have to say, this past year has been the absolutely best year to be in Japan and it's not even close. I have enjoyed it so much more than any other time. I do not want it to change.
>>
>>2243402
he was one of the ones that piled on, it was that fucker on trash taste that pushed me over the edge
>>
>>2243414
Cry more faggot
>>
https://www.bloomberg.co.jp/news/articles/2022-05-16/RC00GJT0G1KY01

The monitor tours will just be tests and short lived. This is just to prime things.
>>
File: 1640969316840.gif (475 KB, 498x498)
475 KB
475 KB GIF
https://twitter.com/nyukoku_news/status/1526363853126217728
tourists banned from trains
>>
>>2243457
ahahahahahahahahahahah
>>
>>2243428
Which one?
>>
>>2243457

Please emperor of japan I am tourist please let me use train
>>
>>2243428
>>2243465
Think he's talking about Daidus who was a recent guest.
>>
>>2243457
Lmao straight up discrimination. Japan so backwards with covid it’s hilarious.
>>
>>2240189
https://www.youtube.com/c/IWillAlwaysTravelforFood
https://www.youtube.com/c/ItsukaJapan/videos
https://www.youtube.com/c/SoloTravelJapan
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDa5_HJ3qPkDtbRmdlqBD3g/featured
these ones are nice
>>
I am looking up flying in to Tokyo from USA (Florida to be exact) sometime in the month of February '23. $1,200~ round trip seems to be the lowest I can get, does that seem right? Is there anything I can do to bring this down?

I am unsure because I've never flown internationally and I've only ever paid like $240 tops for domestic round trips.
Of course I'm completely assuming it will be open for tourism by then, I'm just doing preliminary research. There's an event I am looking to attend.
>>
File: 1651081593414.jpg (11 KB, 480x480)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>2243457
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>move to Japan
>get barely any matches on Tinder
guys....???? I thought le white man being popular is not just a meme???
>>
>>2243503
You are popular in the sense of every salaryman wants to drink with you
>>
>>2243457
hopium bros....this looks worse every single day
>>
>>2243457
Looks like this is only for the May proving tour groups
>>
>>2243527
>Looks like this is only for the May proving tour groups
hardly if they open up in june
>>
So what excatly happens in a sopaland? I tried to look it up but I get mixed results
>>
>>2243532
It‘s like a bathhouse. You just wash your body. That‘s it.
>>
>>2243534
so nothing sex related?
>>
>>2243528
https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Japan-to-test-accepting-tourists-from-Singapore-Thailand-and-more

Not quite
>>
>>2243457
Rofl
Lmao even
>>
>>2243457
>no trains
THEY WENT TOO FAR THIS TIME
>>
>>2243532
Prostitution is illegal in Japan so on their website they say you are renting a room in a bathhouse. There you by chance happen to meet an attractive girl who you fall in love with and agree to have consensual sex.

What happens afterwards depends on the girl and the establishment. The traditional routine is that you sit on the bed, the girl kneels in front of you to introduce herself, then she undresses you, folds your clothes nicely and puts them away. Then she gets undressed and takes you to a chair with a hole on it to wash your body. After that you both get in the bath to wash the soap off. This ritual can take up to 20 minutes so customers usually want to skip it to have more time for sex, but you have to ask for it and it is considered rude.

Some places have mattresses where they wash your body with theirs, but it's getting less and less common since it's difficult to school new staff.
>>
File: clown.jpg (11 KB, 220x229)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>2243457
>>
This is getting ridiculous.
https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20220517/p2g/00m/0na/033000c
>>
>>2243554
>United States, Australia, Thailand and Singapore
>Only visitors who have had three COVID-19 shots will be able to participate
Hopium sisters, I thought we were supposed to be winning...
>>
Looks like that French article was right after all (maybe somewhat exaggerated at best). I just hope some countries will finally call Japan out on its bullshit. EU in particular should be pissed right now.
>>
>>2243554
>Australia
Aussiebros.. we can't stop winning
>>
>>2243560
there was never any chance than anything less than 3 shots would be required. even the hopium anons accepted that
>>
>>2243554
>only 4 countries
What the fuck??
>>
>>2243548
you right except for prostitution is not illegal in japan, just paying for vaginal sex is, thats the loophole.
>>
>404 replies
>>
sex
>>
>>2243569
So what happens if you don't qualify for the 3rd injection, for example because the 2nd one is still fresh?
For me it's not a problem because I'll just modify my documents to whatever is needed, but asking for my more honest friends.
>>
>>2243591
Entering Japan is a privilege, not a right.
>>
>>2243594
Kill yourself
>>
>>2243594
I don't think the EU will see it that way if they aren't going to honor their valid vaccination documents.
>>
>>2243591
>So what happens if you don't qualify for the 3rd injection
then you are not eligible to enter Japan as a tourist. not sure why that is difficult to understand
>>
>>2243554

i don't get it anymore, what's supposed to happen then ?? do they intend to do small scall tours, then full scale tours and finally full opening, or do they want to go from small scale tours straight to full opening ?
>>
>>2243597
Because under the premise that the vaccines are working a person who recently got their second injection should be as good as a person who recently got their third injection.
I'm waiting for the Japanese to create their own vaccine for whatever sugon or ligma variant is coming up next and not accepting anything else.
>>
>>2243312
Yeah. A lot of other countries had plans and criteria laid out as a road map to when and how they'd open.
It really is pathetic at this point that they refuse to do even that.
>>
>>2243503
Sounds like you're the problem. I'm a normal looking white dude and I had more matches than I had time for whenever I was there.
>>
Open
>>
NEW
>>2243612
>>
>>2243599
https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Japan-to-test-accepting-tourists-from-Singapore-Thailand-and-more
Going by this article, it's probably supposed to be just a short test run (to develop guidelines and such) before fully opening in June? At least that's my cope right now.
>>
>>2243616
It's not a cope when pretty much everywhere it is said explicitly that this is a trial/demonstration run
Doomposters just post bait from headlines only
In the age of fake news you should know better than to get baited by that
>>
>>2243635
>do a trial run
>covid cases increase
>oh no, I guess we have to keep borders closed
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
If they require vaccines I'm not going.
>inb4 "you won't be missed"
Countries have no right to force vaccinations to enter
>>
>>2243640
they do have the right. you, on the other hand, have no right to enter said countries
>>
>>2243639
> do a trial run in bumfuck nowhere in Iwate
> cases increase in Tokyo
> yup, we're staying closed
>>
>>2243309
I'm 28 years old.
>>
>>2243206
How is Japan during late January/early February? I'm thinking of going during my birthday week or something if that's the full open.
>>
Fuck. I was trying to stay optimistic
>>
>>2243664
If you want to stay optimistic, avoid these thread.
>>
>>2243414
You can read it on their faces, the impatience. These girls want their western studs back.
>>
>>2243457
At this point, grow a goddamn spine and disobey. Disobey their faggoty laws.
>>
>>2243594
You're asking to get Perry'd again
>>
>>2243771
The current Mathew Perry is in no condition to open Japan, unfortunately.
>>
god I'm so fucking mad I can't focus at work today
>>
>>2243778
That's why the EU of all fucking entities has to act with their bureaucratic might.
>>
File: 1613892938903.jpg (1.17 MB, 1920x1080)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>2243641
Obviously they have the power to enforce any number of b.s. requirements but that's not my point.
I'm totally fine with them requiring a negative covid test but any vax prerequisite, not just for covid, is over the line with what I'm comfortable with.
>>
>>2243863
It's like the US that still denies recently recovered people, forcing them to take unnecessary medication.
At least the Europeans with their QR codes all accept recovered people as well, giving at least a bit of legitimacy to the restrictions, although testing everybody would still be the policy of choice.
>>
kek I remember hiking last year in Chamonix and seeing a Japanese couple.
Should kick them all out of EU as well.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.