[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Corsica.jpg (25 KB, 466x350)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
So what happens here? Any anons ever been? The place seems very nice and beautiful but I also read that there is an actual separatist movement going on here and that they can actually be semi hostile to tourists. But that might be just hyperbole. I don't want to travel to places where I am not welcome and could be treated bad just because I'm an outsider.
>>
>>2239628
fuck off we're full
>>
>>2239628
Terrorism and drugs
>>
>>2239628
>I don't want to travel to places where I am not welcome and could be treated bad just because I'm an outsider.
Yeah so... it's not the place then.
Also one of the figurehead of the independantist movement just got killed in prison, rioters burned the préfecture in retaliation. It has calmed down a bit but it's not the most calm period right now.

Sardinia maybe?
>>
>>2239798
So what's their problem, really? The hate Macron specifically, Parisian elites, or the mainland as a whole?
>>
>>2240318
From what I can tell they hate the french and don't see themselves as french. Their island was passed around between big powers through the centuries and they have a distinct Italian dialect that they use to speak that is slowly dying now due to french policies. But in recent years they started to teach their language in schools again and there was a big rise in nationalism and so now there is a sizable separatist movement.
>>
>>2239628
Sardinia is just the same but most Sardinians show their hostility if you start living there. You will feel like an outsider on both islands and it will take a toll on you
>>
>>2240366
>there is a sizable separatist movement.
There's not
Autonomist =/= independantist

Anyhow you don't visit corsica for the people, you just go to the beach and hike in the mountains, nobody is going to be to bother you.
>>
>>2239628
You are not welcome.
>>
>>2241825
I don't want to spend all my time in some remote mountains like a hermit. While I might do hikes and enjoy the national parks I will still spend the majority of my time among civilzation and other people. And meeting and talking to people would be inevitable

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.