[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

It seems impossible that an entire country can suck as hard as these people, but I don't want to put in the effort to check, general French suck thread I guess
>>
Yes, it really is that bad. Went in with very low expectations and it didn’t even live up to those.
>>
>>2233761
Yeah I went in assuming the stereotypes had to be ridiculous overkill, but then they were just on accurate
>>
Don't know what problems you guys are having. If you're just going to to people speaking English and then getting mad they aren't being polite then you deserve it though. I'm American and I've been in Provence for the past four months and generally people have been helpful and friendly, including when I went to Paris. Some are a little impatient but it's their country, get over it
>>
File: gigachad french.jpg (241 KB, 1242x1394)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
Dont come there
You are not welcome
I will give you the wrong direction on purpose and pretend i dont understand you
>>
Yes, we are that bad.
>>
>>2233788
They expect the world to care about all their little whiny issues and treat foreign countries like a theme park.

France is not your Disneyland vacation resort
>>
1/4 of parisians are black
i leave it at that
>>
>>2233794
unlike new-yorkers and londoners, kek
>>
>>2233755
>be planning 3 month euro trip (first month in france)
>hear all the bullshit people about about it
>"heh, no problem. im a seasoned traveller"
>arrive at Paris
>rats everywhere
>beggars everywhere
>thiefs everywhere and police dont seem to give a shit. some girl at our hostel was crying cause someone stole her bag at a restaurant
>lines everywhere
>lines were loooooooooooooong as fuck. You will spend literally hours waiting in line for certain attractions
>food was overrated and expensive as shit. Most street food was fucking falafels.
>even the tourist police and information people don't speak english. Who the fuck hired these people?
>streets and subway smell of piss
>literally the rudest people on the fucking planet. It got so bad that I didnt even try to talk to locals unless they were black or asian.
>saw a homeless dude shitting on the street because apparently bathrooms arent a right there
After 5 days I had enough of the place and cancelled the rest of my France trip. Went to Italy instead. After going there I 100% understand the Paris Syndrome.
>>
>>2233800
Where are you from?
>>
>>2233800
>bathrooms arent a right there
This is the worst thing about europe by far, it's fucking disgusting
>>
>>2233800
Americans truly are shameless subhumans
>>
>>2233790
Dude I already don't want to, this is unironically the worst place I've been and i was stationed in Alabama for a while
>>
>>2233804
You can use the bathrooms in supermakets, and in Paris you have public bathrooms here and there.
Not defending Paris, it's a globohomo hell hole.
>>
>>2233755
Not really french are arrogant I won’t lie but it’s night and day compared to the rest of the country in terms of behaviour
>>
>>2233810
>french are arrogant
no
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 214x236)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>2233804
>go to western europe
>wonder why all the streets smell like shit and piss
>have to take a piss
>bathrooms all charge me
>"fuck that shit"
>take a piss the alleyway
>mfw when I have that sudden realization
>>
>>2233856
Even the paid ones are few and far between. I was at a train station in Paris late at night and after walking quite far through it to get to the WC the signs were pointing to it wasn't even open. Ended up just pissing on a tree nearby
>>
>>2233792
>Wee wee people won't learn my useless language
>Wee wee wee all speak English anyways
>Wee wee wee lost the culture war

If you guys had culture like almost any other country in Europe I would bother but french is the worst romance language anyways
>>
>>2233794
Eh honestly the best Parisians are the immigrants
>>
>>2233938
The thing about speaking French in France is that they give you shit for speaking it unless you're completely fluent.

Bunch of assholes, the French are.
>>
>>2233755
yeah the whole Paris sucks but not the rest of France is a meme, every city is fucking garbage there

Maybe some places in the south but that’s about it
>>
Just go ANYWHERE else than Paris and It'll be fine
>>
I knew that people don't have a good image of Paris, but still, France is different than Paris, and the real french people don't live in Paris.
And You certainly don't go to Paris for its people if you are sane. No. You go there for all the cultural aspect, architecture and for the expensive restaurants, nothing more. You just have to know that before you come.
>>
>>2234007
Stfu country dweller. Paris is the heart of France.
>>
>>2234007
no frenchie sorry but your whole country is a shithole, deal with it
>>
Frenchfag here, France is a nice country to visit, but for the love of God, do not visit Paris. It's not worth it. Stay away from the major cities if anything, there's a ton of cool stuff to visit in the countryside, and it will also be the least diverse areas of France.

This is an example of cool shit to visit in the countryside https://www.travelawaits.com/2489737/loire-valley-castles/
>>
I went to Paris last December and I thought it was still a great city. I saw all the sights and had great food. I think a lot of the negative things are blown out of proportion or straight up larps. What gives?
>>
Fuck niggers
>>
>>2233755
The first french national sport is self-hatred. We don't need your participation, it only adds to the butthurt.
>>
>>2233856
>>2233804
I literally piss on the street in my own city because I refuse to pay €1 to take a fucking piss. In some establishments they even refuse access to the bathroom if you don't pay (even if you just had a meal/drink there). It's fucking ridiculous I don't understand how nobody seems to care about this.
>>
Is it true that they hate "tourist countries" like Germany, England, USA or China, but if you pretend you're Austrian, Irish, Canadian or Taiwanese they are more accepting? I am Norwegian and speak perfect English, will I have to say "Je suis norvegien" for them to be nice to me?
>>
>>2233800
>seasoned traveler
>gets filtered by a theme park western European capital
>00 to indicate toilet
>also his achievements in life
>>
>>2234467
>If you pretend you're Canadian
Yeah no. They dont give a shit. They are assholes to everybody.
>>
>>2234467
>they hate "tourist countries" like Germany, England, USA or China

They don't hate these countries because they are "tourist countries", we hate them for valid reasons:
-Germany: enemies of Europe and of humanity, killed millions of white people during two world wars, still try to destroy europe by importing millions of syrians, still try to dominate europe but never will. The day we quit the EU, it ceases to exist.
-England: actually they hate us more than we do, they hate that they would be nothing without us. They see us as their arch nemesis, but we are the center of Europe, so for us, they are one among many others.
-USA: where do i need to start?
-China: eh, they are ok in my book.
>>
>replies 35
>posters 21

These threads are made by one angry incel who samefags alot.
>>
>>2234498
welcome to /trv/
>>
>>2234467
the first question I have is: why would you want the french and/or parisians to accept you? What is the upside? Who gives a shit?
>>
>>2234487
>The day we quit the EU, it ceases to exist.
>they hate that they would be nothing without us

And this is a great example of french arrogance. They don't matter anywhere except for west Africa and yet this is what they think. Lol.
>>
>>2233792
>treat foreign countries like a theme park
they are
>>
>>2233790
based department?
>>
>>2233755
they're worse. extremely rude, and demand you speak excellent french. Paris is reasonably civilized, but there aren't any actual french people left there
>>
>>2234487
>Germany, England, America are... LE BAD!!!
>China is ok
Post hand.
>>
>>2234646
How many wars did China start?
When will you realize YOU are the bad guys?
>>
>>2234649
They spent all of human history having their asses handed to them by every civilization that came in contact with them.

They are their own problem and now with their inferiority complex, they want to become everyone else's problem.

The fact that you like china but hate the rest just goes to show you are a faggot.
>>
>>2234666
So you blame them for being victims, satan?
The british empire destroyed their country, forcing them to accept massive drug dealing during the opium era (which reminds me of the opioid crisis in the US right now).

Yet China never threathened to invade the UK. China has always been a sleeping giant that never needed to expand but was attacked from the outside.
>>
File: aZ0Gy03_700b.jpg (71 KB, 700x1005)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>2234666
>They spent all of human history having their asses handed to them by every civilization that came in contact with them. They are their own problem and now with their inferiority complex, they want to become everyone else's problem.

I literally thought your whole post was about France and was nodding my head in agreement. kek
>>
>>2234774
China has been threatening all its neighbors for years now. They threaten the sovereign nation of Taiwan with invasion, they already invaded the sovereign territory of Hong Kong, they are claiming sea areas that belong to other countries than them. Their fishing boats literally go into other countries' waters and steal their fish.

China is an aggressor. You cannot deny this.
>>
Take your autistic discussion about history to /his/ or /pol/.
>>
>>2234641
>Reasonably civilized
Honestly the natives are the worst people there, idk why people think it's immigrants ruining france, french people are filthy animals and couldn't possibly get dirtier
>>
File: 1651578112877.jpg (24 KB, 1024x512)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
Paris n'est pas la France.
>>
File: 1651581038060.jpg (172 KB, 800x535)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>2233755
>>2233761
>>2233767
>>2233790
It's illegal to get a paternity test for French people because they cheat and cuck so much. Imagine raising another man's child and being ok with it. Cuck culture.
>>
>>2233755
What you see in the movie in Paris are Bourgeois (even in French movie, Amélie Poulin is the prime exemple of what we call a Bobo - Bourgeois Bohème).
Only a few percent is like that, just like how not everyone is like in Sex&The City.
>>
>>2233948
Yes, we are horrible.
Please don't come to our country.
>>
>>2233800
>Who the fuck hired these people?
French people for french people who speak french.
>>
File: 1651581443236.gif (215 KB, 1200x630)
215 KB
215 KB GIF
>>2234487
Please. You retards couldn't even hold Vietnam and had to get the US involved and what a waste of time it was. Stick to taking over low iq African vountires faggot.
>>
>>2234008
So that's why everyone was trying to get out of the city during the lockdown ?
>>
>>2234845
I thought Hong Kong was handed over to China many years ago? There was a whole plain to integrate it back into China. They just sped it up.
>>
>>2234646
>Germany
Yes.
>England
Yes.
>USA
You unrironically believe that "guardian of the free world" shit ?
>>
>>2234985
>You retard didn't insist on a pointless war
>So we went there for more than a decade to achieve absolutely nothing
Yes, we are the retarded one, of course.
>>
>>2233755
Paris is pretty uppity even for a major sector. You'll have way more fun somewhere like Nice
>>
>>2233790
كيف حالك أيها الفرنسي
>>
>>2233792
>France is not your Disneyland vacation resort
That's where you're wrong
>>
>>2234467
>Pretending like you're from another country because you're afraid someone will sneer at you
Stop being so fucking SOFT
>>
>>2234487
You have not interacted with Chinses tourists
>>
File: Michel-Houellebecq-2014.jpg (1.34 MB, 1245x1600)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
The French are indifferent at best and vile if they need to be. They are both aloof and target in their dealings with non-french. As an American take solace in the fact that they treat everyone this way. Arrogance is common place for them and if you take it personally you will have a bad time. In short france is a beautiful place and worth the visit, just sent expect anything from it's people, they are not why you visit france.

The french are the husband of a wife who is throwing a dinner party. He doesnt want the party, the visitors arent really his friends, he wants everyone to leave his house. He also loves his wife so he will tolerate it.
>>
>>2234940
Actually, a lot of rude parisians are bretons.
As the song says: "Ils ont des têtes de cons, oui c'est la Bretagne! Ils ont des têtes de cons, oui c'est les bretons!"
>>
>>2234487
>-England: actually they hate us more than we do, they hate that they would be nothing without us.
this is the most delusional thing I have seen on here all week. The Brits saved France from Nazi occupation and the British Empire was vastly superior to anything the French achieved.
The only thing you are good at is football and that is because 10 of your 11 starting squad are African imports.
French people are short, effeminate, arrogant, mean spirited, unclean and generally pathetic.
Paris is the worst city in the world.
>>
>>2237556
Here we go again, another anglo fuck claiming to have defeated the nazis....
90% of nazi soldiers have been killed by the soviet on the eastern front. Something like 5% of nazis have been killed by the US and the other 5% by other countries combined, including both UK and France, so fuck off, you didn't save anyone.

As for the fact you would be nothing without France, your entire kingdom was created mostly by French and Normands. A third of english words directly come from french. You entire identity is built on a rivalry with France, the opposite is not true
>>
>>2237556
>Paris is the worst city in the world.

*After London, that is not only populated by mystery meat but also totally destroyed architecturally as if God puked on earth and called it the capital of the eternal anglo.
>>
>>2237538
Cucked Frenchman peasant detected.
>>
File: 1651951157374.jpg (25 KB, 306x423)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>2237556
The brits didn't save france from nazis man. The brits cockblocked them. All the Frenchwomen were hooking up with Germans. You should watch some documentaries on how Frenchwomen cried to lose their nazi boyfriends. Major cuck culture im telling you.
>>
>>2237588
>You entire identity is built on a rivalry with France
We don't really think about you much at all to be honest
>>
>>2233755
Thank god I live in the Nord, no tourist except in Lille when they wait for their train
>>
>>2233755
Capitals suck in almost every country
>>
America defeated the nazis, brits did nothing
>>
If you have seen the state of France, I’d be mad and pissed too.
And to those saying Paris is not France, I agree about the fact that Paris (and especially suburbs) are invaded by shitskins.
However, the same is slowly happening to the countryside and middle sized towns are already fucked. I have never seen a niqab inside Paris (because Parisians are more agressive and “assholeish”), but I do see it once in a while in fucking Normandy (country people despite claiming that Parisians are cucked are actually more lenient and never do shit about anything).

France is the least segregated country in the world. They would build a “social housing” building anywhere anytime from nowhere, be it in a quaint Normandy village that LITERALLY nobody has asked for, or in a decent middle class neighborhood in any medium sized city, to import shitskins right in the heart of these villages and towns. And you know what, these non-Parisian frenchmen would not only welcome their new neighbors (more warmly than Parisians), but they will also still complain about how Paris is invaded and how lucky they are despite having more and more poopskins slowly turning their village browner by the day. I’ve seen it happens more and more often.

At the moment the only part of France that is a bit spared is Britanny (especially Finistere) and all along the West coastline for some reason. It’s still good and nice. Go there next time.

t. half-french half-australian no longed living in shithole france
>>
>>2237899
Correction: Russkies and Americans defeated the Nazis. Britbongs and frogs didn't nothing.
>>
>>2238070
Brits proudest moment during the war was the time Hitler let them retreat from France.

Oh, wow, they even got help from poor English fishermen to help them retreat. Everyone really "did their bit" to help the British army run away with the tail between its legs. Little old women made the crying soldiers cups of tea when they got back. So heroic.
>>
>>2238079
...Not saying the French are better, but it's hilarious that the Brits jerk off over their greatest humiliation. It might be the biggest cope in history.
>>
>>2238066
Kek
>>
>>2237556
As a neutral party, British are very average in height, and probably the shortest Northern Europeans. I felt shorter in Milan than in anywhere in England. Anywhere Eastern Europe like Poland people are easily much taller, especially the women. Fact is, French and British are probably the same height on average.

Average Britbong city is a filthy skip after a Friday night out, you've no business calling anyone filthy. If you've ever seen your compatriots travelling, a bunch of Deano "lads", you will understand the meaning of the word obnoxious.

In general, the Englishman is characterized by passive aggressiveness and poor understanding of culture. Australians are the English, minus all the shitty qualities.
>>
>>2238092
>If you've ever seen your compatriots travelling, a bunch of Deano "lads", you will understand the meaning of the word obnoxious.
This. Anyone who cries about mutts abroad has no idea of the absolute retardation of the Britbong hordes. The most retarded mutts never travel abroad, except for resort areas in Mexico and the Carribean.
>>
>>2238092
To be honest, I find Australians worse, because they're what happens when you give lower class Englishmen lots of meat and vitamin D3. Literally chavs on steroids.
>>
>>2233755
Parisian faggot waiter got pissed off at me for ordering a coffee at 12:15
>>
>>2238092
>Australians are the English, minus all the shitty qualities.

Australians are more retarded than the average retarded brit and average retarded burger combined.
>>
File: 1376661308950.png (79 KB, 837x982)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>2238126
>>2238360
moot, is that you?
>>
>>2238126
I've only interacted with expats, which might filter out retarded bogans t b h. My favorite Anglos.
>>
>>2233792
>France is not your Disneyland vacation resort
I literally went to a French Disneyland when I was there.
>>
>>2233800
>lines were loooooooooooooong as fuck
I was with a school trip and thus half asleep for most of my waking hours but now that you mention it this was definitely my experience. The Louvre wasn’t that bad, but the Catacombs, Versailles, and the Eiffel Tower were atrocious and a bit overcrowded once inside. Arc de Triomphe was fine, I think people don’t know you can go on top of it.

Also if you go there highly recommend checking out Vimy Ridge if you have any interest in WW1. The trenches are surprisingly close together and the monument is something else. You can see the coal mines they were fighting over from there, too.
>>
>>2234984
Who happen to be Malinese, Algerian, and Egyptian.
>>
>>2236735
Underrated
>>
>>2233807
how, because they don't shit in the streets like the frenchie poo poos?
>>
>>2234013
negro hands typed this
>>
>>2235362
chicken scratch
>>
>>2238522
I'm white and from Latvia. I like the French people. Maybe it's an Anglo thing?
>>
I'm a white American, and took my family to Paris a few years ago. Everyone we encountered was at least as polite as people from America's northeast. Both street food and small, local restaurants were all reasonably priced. The notion that Paris is rude and expensive is a meme that's spread by people too fucking stupid for international travel.
>>
>>2233804
>bathrooms arent a right there
wtf are you talking about?
i know some people lives in really small apartments and only go to public bathrooms to save on water ,gas and electricity but are you telling me some houses/apts don't have restrooms?
>>
>>2234487
>typing out paragraphs about which people you hate on 4chan
cringe
>>
>be chinese
>study abroad at Sciences Po
>find apartment through airbnb to rent in the 14th arrondissement
>suitemate is a young frenchwoman who is is also studying at a local college
>hi happy to meet you my name is zhang enchanté
>some polite words and I go settle in my room
>later in the evening I stumble upon her searching through my large luggage that I had left in the antechamber
>wtf.jpg?
>e-excuse moi the baggage became opened and I am fixing for you
>stares at me without saying anything else
>I tell her that she is welcome to help me unpack
>she says okay and walks into my room and takes a seat on the bed avoiding eye contact
>I end up doing all the unpacking and she does not lift a finger
>then she awkwardly says bye and rushes out of the room avoiding eye contact
>next day I come home to see her doing a youtube video workout in the kitchen area
>she immediately stops her exercising and starts rolling up her exercise mat
>assume that she doesnt like me so I apologize for intruding
>no response
>later get a knock on my door
>its her
>she seems to have washed and changed
>her shampoo hair smells lovely
>tells me she wants to befriend me and welcome me to the city
>we go eat dinner together at a restaurant
>she becomes increasingly drunk over wine
>we walk back and she leads me into my bedroom.
>french kiss
>start fucking her
>she is moaning aggressively and tells me to grab her neck
>it makes my poosy wetter
>ok
>then she gets on the top and tries to choke me too while riding me
>no thank you
>finish and she leaves to go clean herself
>fast forward to the weekend
>I bring another french girl home for the night
>somehow suitemate seems to be aware of this (probably overheard)
>next day and every day afterward, suitemate refuses to speak english to me and would only speak french even though i cant understand her
why are Parisienne women like this?
>>
File: 1578559385745.png (190 KB, 376x376)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>2233790
Fais pas trop le chaud, Jean-François. On sait tous que t'as grave mal au cul et que ta le seume.

Pète un coup, frangin
>>
File: 1625098434487.jpg (59 KB, 388x389)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>2234649
>>
>>2233942
This. Black Parisians were based.
>>
>>2239222
cool story chang, but why was she going through your belongings? that's sketchy. you sure she was french and not a gypsy?

best regards.
>>
>>2233755
People with experience of Paris itt: if I walk back to my hotel through the 1st and 4th Arr. at ~11pm to midnight, will I get robbed and raped by Africans or will I be fine? Are they allowed to go there? I like night walks through cities, especially along rivers, but don't want to be stabbed.
>>
>>2241811
1st to 4th are among the safest districts, but you cannot really predict their encounter. but anyway the area is full of bars and clubs so it's one of the liveliest districts in paris, you shouldn't worry much.
>>
>>2241815
Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>2239725
J'encule tes morts sale fils de pute, lol.
Ta mère la sale pute au vagin pourri va crever d'un cancer ce soir, lol.
>>
>>2241811
Don't go out after 7pm and take a taxi whenever you can.
I've lived in Colombia 2 years and it was safer than the two weeks i spent in Paris.

Stay safe.
>>
>>2241850
>it's very safe bro just hide in your house when it gets dark bro
Yeah very cool tip gran mariconazo chupaverga. I am Colombian and this retarded shit of cutting my possible activities in half because venecos and ñeros roam the streets. You people can say Colombia is safe because you never have to visit family in deep ass Magdalena and because you have an exit card ready to be pulled whenever shit hits the fan. Also there was an armed strike a few days ago for fuck's sake.
I also spent 2 weeks in Paris and I never had any problems btw.
>>
Somewhere in paris, 14th of may 2022
>>
>>2235362
I am very well, what about you my fellow jewi- french compatriot ?
>>
>>2234487
Quit the larping you fucking retard, us frenchies couldnt possibly give a single fuck about all of you. One thing is true however, is that every fucking anglo hates us to death while we are quite litterally indifferent to them and are actually surprised by their initial hostility.
>>
>>2241881
Litterally everyone in every fucking megacity can play the same game. If you don't like graffitis and immigrants, go live in the countryside.
>>
>>2241917
>thinking this should be norm
No.
>>
>>2241811
I walked around a lot late in the evening when visiting Paris and had no issues. My hotel was 50 minutes walk down south from the general city centre. Stop being so gullible and easily impressionable that you believe every single bit of horse shit posted online.
>>
>>2241811
You won't be raped by Africans, the Parisians will definitely rape and rob you though
>>
>>2241881
You could think it's Detroit or Baltimore but there's a white guy, so you know it's not an american city.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.