[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Looking for advice for traveling to SEA for the first time, preferably for 6 months. US passport. I was looking at Vietnam but I think you can only stay 1 month, and Thailand you have to make a visa run every month? With the Philippines can you stay for longer than 1 month? I've heard mixed things, everything is always changing.

What's the best overall SEA country for a White man in his late 20's, passive income of around 1500 USD (Would like to try living off 1k) to fuck off for 6 months and do nothing but live an almost NEET lifestyle of going to the gym, beaches, reasonable wifi, gaming girls (no pros) and so on currently? I was looking at Philippines but I hate living in big cities, what are some nice less polluted smaller cities that have decent wifi, infrastructure, nature etc, low rent in the Philippines?
>>
>>2231232
>and Thailand you have to make a visa run every month?
This is pretty old/inaccurate information. It refers not to visas, but to visa exemptions, which are granted for 30 days on arrival (by air only; arrivals via land border get only 15 days) for most nationalities. Historically this could be repeated indefinitely, and was available for land or air arrivals, so people would stay a month, cross a border for as little as a few minutes, come back in, and repeat. Used to be possible to do this for years but that hasn’t been legal for a long time now. Visa exemptions are now *officially* limited to two in a row, three total in a given year (in practice enforcement has always been irregular, and remains so, but it’s still irrelevant).

More practical (and legal) nowadays is to purchase a 60-day tourist visa from the Thai embassy or consulate in your home country. This can be extended once by 30 days without leaving Thailand, so you get 90 days before you have to leave the country for a neighboring embassy for a day or two to get a new visa and restart the process. When you’ve extended your second visa to 90 days, you reach the official legal annual limit of 180 days, after which you’re supposed to be away from Thailand for a full 180 days. But you only have to “visa run” once in that ~6mo period.

For a while they were also issuing “Special Tourist Visas” which were good for 90 days right off the bat, to make up for the mandatory 14-day arrival quarantine, but I think they’re discontinuing both of these and normal 60 day visas are back in play.
>>
>>2231246

Thanks for the info, very helpful. In terms of recommendation for cities in Thailand, what are some smaller sized cities/towns near the ocean with decent infrastructure, 500-800$ to rent something decent?
>>
>>2231232
>Looking for advice for traveling to SEA for the first time

Check for adam's apple and big hands....
>>
>>2231268
>what are some smaller sized cities/towns near the ocean with decent infrastructure, 500-800$ to rent something decent?
That’s not the easiest call—beaches are generally expensive, and the infrastructure generally best in bigger locations, including more touristed locations. I have had a good time in mainland Krabi, and in several towns in Rayong province, as well as on islands big and small… I also have a real affection for Nathon, a big town but not a major tourist center on Ko Samui (it’s the island’s main port, but more local/commercial than resort or beach oriented). But the infrastructure on Samui may not be what you seek.

I also like Phuket city quite a bit, but dislike most of the popular beach towns down there.

I also have close friends who live in and love Hat Yai, but it’s one of the largest cities in Thailand.

I like the Deep South, too, but there are sporadic security concerns and local culture is more Malay than Thai. It’s also surprisingly far from the rest of the country.

No idea about rents. Foreigners pay a premium and don’t have access to most normal residential properties because you can’t typically sign a real lease on a tourist visa. But word-of-mouth and asking around yields more short-term options than, say, Airbnb.
>>
>>2231232
>I was looking at Philippines but I hate living in big cities, what are some nice less polluted smaller cities that have decent wifi, infrastructure, nature etc, low rent in the Philippines?

Dumaguete
>>
>>2231311

Any other recommendations for cities like these? I've heard good things about Iloilo City as well. looking for a clean city like these
>>
>>2231313
Havent been to Iloilo,

Haven't been to Dumaguete either but I hear good things about it - Im a Bantayan and Coron guy.

My friend bought some land up in the hills there recently, his wife is very famous in PI, so if its good enough for them I feel I can recommend. Its a university town, pleasant, and there are beaches and islands in the area, as well as central to the PI with good flight connections.
>>
>>2231232
Yeah the 1 one month visa things why I'm going to be in Thailand for 2 months and a month each in Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam, so my trip will be 5 months.
Also I'd like to go to Malaysia for a little bit.
The island countries seem too difficult to navigate so I'll pass on them
>>
>>2231320

How much do you spend a month there? Doable on 1500/month without having to penny pinch?
>>
>>2231323
you can get by on 1500/month, especially if chill and eating mostly local food. If you party hard, eat upscale, do a few diving trips it will be more, I would say be safe at 2500/month.

And from when I lived in PI I heard Dumaguete was a well run city and clean, not sure if that has changed, but it seemed to fit what you are looking for more than anything else I can think of, other places are too small or not really interesting for a long term stay.
>>
>>2231324

You think being a white guy late 20's, fit, would do better with women in the major cities vs the smaller/lesser known places? Are the locals receptive of foreigners in these smaller cities?
>>
>>2231325
Are you a normal guy? Not a creampie weirdo? Looking for a long term girl, or play around?
>>
>>2231327

Normal enough, I can pull easily in the states. I'm just looking to play around, but I'm more interested in girls in the smaller cities/provinces. I'm assuming their more religious, less likely to fool around?
>>
>>2231327
>>2231329

Read your top post again, yeah you would be fine in a University town like Dumaguete. Pretty comfortable living for an American, just hanging and living in Vietnam/Thailand might be a little tougher, definitely doable - I have done it, but PI is American comfy. I also lived in Taiwan, another place to consider but maybe a little more pricey.
>>
>>2231329
You can pull regular girls in the middle sized city, might take a little more effort, and they might expect a longer relationship than you want, but as long as you are kind and decent you should be fine.
>>
>>2231334

Want to avoid tourist spots if possible. I know I'm a first timer but the worst part of my Mexico trip was by far Cancun/playa/tulum etc. Is it going to be that bad in some of these Philippine cities with lots of obnoxious drunk Americans? I would like to chill in a spot that's lesser known, still decent infrastructure. Manila and Cebu cities I want to avoid as much as possible. Dumaguete looks like it has tons of Americans. Also as a 6 foot white guy, how much do I stick out in lesser known places? Do the people in these small towns/cities speak English? Safety concerns? Can I just rent a motorbike and go from town to town? Did that in Mexico, how safe is it in some of these less tourist places? Thanks for all the info
>>
>>2231338

Is online dating still the same in these smaller cities as it is Cebu/Manila etc? Does cold approach work better or worse? I would rather meet a girl doing an activity like a hiking group, easy to do that in the states but how would I do something similar with a language barrier and being a foreigner?
>>
>>2231413
>Want to avoid tourist spots if possible. I know I'm a first timer but the worst part of my Mexico trip was by far Cancun/playa/tulum etc. Is it going to be that bad in some of these Philippine cities with lots of obnoxious drunk Americans? I would like to chill in a spot that's lesser known, still decent infrastructure. Manila and Cebu cities I want to avoid as much as possible. Dumaguete looks like it has tons of Americans. Also as a 6 foot white guy, how much do I stick out in lesser known places? Do the people in these small towns/cities speak English? Safety concerns? Can I just rent a motorbike and go from town to town? Did that in Mexico, how safe is it in some of these less tourist places? Thanks for all the info

You are going to find westerners all over PI, a lot of guys live there, retire and all, not so many your age in a middle size city. Yeah there are always obnoxious old westerners, usually just sitting all day drinking, easy enough to avoid and not let it bother you. Everyone speaks English, how much and how shy they are differs. You can get scooters pretty easy and get around, but pretty dangerous, you would probably at least want to try to find a honda 150cc (farm bike) to do any real touring. No idea on dating sites. think you said you wanted to go to the gym, start there, meet people and build a friends circle, middle class Pinoys are pretty cool and safe to hang with and you will get introduced to girls no prob.
>>
>>2231422

Dangerous as in bad road conditions or getting robbed riding a motorcycle on in the country?
>>
Bros, is inflation going to affect traveling costs in SEA within the next few years?
>>
>>2231313
Legazpi got surprisingly stable internet, and is fairly comfy.
Thing is, the road from Manila to Naga is atrocious so I recommend taking a flight instead.
>>
>>2231425
>Dangerous as in bad road conditions or getting robbed riding a motorcycle on in the country?

The other drivers are the problem.
>>
>>2231324
>safe at 2500 a month for partying
absolute. horseshit. you do not need anywhere near this amount of money unless you're one of those "hilton" faggots. 2000 MAX if you want to feel like the big cock around town. that is ALL you need. what a ferret.
>>2231325
i hate these "muh milquetoast white guy" post.
>are locals receptive to foreigners
no they will treat you like a stray animal in the house of their country. just stick to foreigner ghettos
>>2231413
>lots of obnoxious drunk americans
fucking kill yourself. threads getting slowly killed now. most americans, including myself, are not loud obnoxious drunks. thats ANGLOS and don't you dare fucking argue with me. these faggots see "project x" on tv and go "hup i guess all americans are like that" fuck you you anglo faggot. you and you're little island faggot people are way WAY worse.
>>2231577
no
>>
>>2231577
Yes. I'm here now and shit has gotten noticably more expensive. Seems like now country is immmune from inflation. Fucking gay as fuck.
>>
>>2232415

Have many friends? Probably not......
>>
>>2232415

I live in the states you retarded faggot. America is a shithole that's about to collapse. It's a nigger loving, tranny loving, fag loving hellscape. I can't wait to watch this shit country burn along with faggots like yourself. You got your vaccine right?
>>
File: FJUr3d4WUBkoqXE.jpg (213 KB, 1587x1587)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>2232618
>blaming the most stigmatized and vulnerable of groups
>not blaming your overlords that make it impossible for you to afford basic medication without a GoFundMe
lol you're a sheep and dont even realize it
>>
>>2232417
Fuck this is not good.
Hopefully I'll only have to budget an extra thousand dollars or so
>>
>>2232618
>>2232618
Small dick big pickup flying Nazi and MAGA flags vibe from this one.
>>
>>2231232
>decent wifi
>philippines
brah internet is the phils is REALLY bad. Even moreso outside the cities.
>>
>>2232696
>brah internet is the phils is REALLY bad. Even moreso outside the cities.

you can get good internet, you just have to pay for it
>>
Any anons want to give me a opinion on doing leisure travel in Thailand for just a week, maybe two?

>Get a new work from home gig this year.
>Pays decent enough, offers 10 hours of vacation time a month.
>Would have one whole week and probably three or four days of PTO available by November of this year.
>Don't like using time if I don't have too, would have to work from Thailand if I stayed an extra week.
>Working hours would be 20:00 to 05:00, Thailand time, if I choose to stay an extra week and work.

With that being said, here is what I'm planning as of right now.

>Fly out from US in November on a Thursday. Take the Friday off.
>Try to touchdown in Bangkok, Thailand at a reasonable time on Saturday at least (36 hours of travel from my location, fuck me.)
>Check in a hotel somewhere, not insanely fancy but decent enough.
>Spent first day/night just relaxing, sight seeing.
>Go out next several days, try food, do some very light shopping, see a cool temple here and there. Mostly relax with alcohol and pools and cool weather.
>Check out of hotel Wednesday, take bus or whatever to Pattaya.
>Same shit, check into Hotel, Rest and relaxation mode for that day. Maybe go see something cool in the surrounding area.
>Thursday and Friday Go full coomer mode.
>Leave Saturday and try to make it to the US by Sunday night/Early monday morning

OR

>Stay another week in another area and just deal with the work times.

What do ya think?
>>
>>2231329

My opinion, but as a younger guy you’ll do much better in the more populated areas. Yeah, you’ll pull the first two with ease in the province, but once you get the reputation as a chick boy, word spreads fast on the bamboo network and you’ll have to move on.
>>
>>2232696
>brah internet is the phils is REALLY bad. Even moreso outside the cities.
Let's paint the full picture though. I'm currently working remote from Makati with perfectly fine internet. That is, I'm able to hold a US software engineering job from here with no issues. I can do quality calls and everything I need to make $300k/year

Let's not spread misinformation.
>>2232700
>you can get good internet, you just have to pay for it
This.
>>
>>2234026
lol ok
>>
>>2231232
Check out Cebu and Angeles City is fine if you're not easily manipulated and a fucking wimp. You will get so much pussy here and I have never once been fucked with beyond a dude with an assault rifle who told me to stop smoking in a certain area. I gave him 500 peso, he told me to finish my smoke and not do it again and then drove me back to where I was going just for that.
>>
>>2232819
This is true as fuck. Even the hotel staff know. You have to be transient or the staff start treating you like shit. I just tell them it's my wife but if you start showing up with 2-3 different girls they know you're a sex tourist and start treating you like crap unless you pay them. Money walks here
>>
>>2234026
like half the white people i meet here are call center trainers and make a decent amount to afford rooftop lux hotels. Not sure what the issue is. Just do it.
>>
File: 1651115714907.jpg (27 KB, 450x370)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
I would have no idea what to actually *do* or how to do it of I visited SEA, which I really want to do. I lived as an ALT in Hokkaido for 2 years and had an incredible time just meeting people, taking my time, and visiting places... but all this occured very incidentally and off the back of friends I had made or random opportunities that popped up. At one stage my parents came to visit me in Tokyo and I tried to show them around and it was really fucking hard all of a sudden - actually being on a "holiday" in "travel mode" gave everything a very compelling feeling and I sensed always that we had a deadline and needed to fill out days up with things, which honestly led to a LOT of rejection from restaurants, bars, and different places. The people in Tokyo were very harsh and shot us down so much it was very strange to me and completely unexpected. My girlfriend really wants me to take her to Thailand and Vietnam and thinks I'm going to be an experienced guide but I'm honestly really kind of nervous and don't actually know how to travel if I'm being honest, things are different for an ALT who just bums around town and makes friends over the course of years....
>>
>>2231246
>More practical (and legal) nowadays is to purchase a 60-day tourist visa from the Thai embassy or consulate in your home country.
To add to this, the Thai embassy in Vientiane is famous for being easy to get 60 day visas while outside your home country. People would go there to get their 2 month visas without supporting documents, and poor farang spouses/parents would go there to do the same (they get 60 day multi-entry, extended by 30 days, meaning four border runs per year, legit non-O visa that allows it, and need no money in the bank). Some geezers on Thaivisa/Aseannow are using the Vientiane embassy again now that Laos is open.
>>
>>2232700
>>2234026
how to pay for it?
>>
Advice. 3 months Malaysia. 3 months Taiwan. Go to Thailand sometimes if you want. Alternative get a 1 year Australian visa and just do the same thing but if you run into trouble you can go live in Australia.

Cambodia, Vietnam, Phillipines, Indonesia, Laos, Burma. All shit. You can't get into China or Japan. And Korea is fine but it will be cold in the winter so it makes more sense to go to korea in the summer.
>>
Come to Cambodia friend. We have 1 year multiple entry visas and no testing on arrival. You can use bodia as a home base and visit Thailand and Vietnam
>>
Anyone here rented bikes in Vietnam? What can I expect? I read conflicting things about it, some people say it's too dangerous if you have no experience but others say it's a must do.
I've never ridden one before so wanted to get a moped as it's automatic. My plan was to just rent one for a day trip while in Da Nang and maybe go through the Hai Van Pass
>>
>>2235039
I was a semi-pro motocross rider and would not fucking drive around here. Just get rides there's tons of apps and shit. Anywhere in SEA metro is dangerous as fuck to drive and you can get robbed pretty easily too.

Do whatever the fuck you want to, but people in Vietnam can not drive worth a fuck. It is dangerous, and driving already is especially on a bike.
>>
>>2235039
I learned to ride in Hanoi, but it was out of necessity since I was living there. I wouldn't bother for a short trip.

>My plan was to just rent one for a day trip while in Da Nang and maybe go through the Hai Van Pass
I've seen some videos of that, and it didn't look safe enough for me to attempt, but then again I'm much more comfortable with slower busy Vietnamese city traffic than high speed open roads.
>>
>>2231232
>Philippines
>Decent internet
Lol
>>
>>2234026
>Makati
Because the richest place in the entire Philippines clearly represents what the rest of the country is like
>>
>>2231309
You like Phuket? Even having gone to ANY other city in Thailand? There is nothing to do there and the beach isnt even nice compared to elsewhere. The only tiny walking street is filled with scammers and ping pong show peddlars. Fuck Phuket.

>>2231329
If its girls you seek ive heard my travel buddy insists Phillipines makes the rest of SEA feel like hardmode. For pay4play obv Thailand will have lots of options.

For both regular dating and p4p im actually a pretty big fan of Vietnam. The girls are much higher quality than elsewhere in SEA imo. Im currently having a blast in Saigon.

>>2232417
Have not been feeling this in VN but maybe elsewhere? Everything is dirt cheap and desperate.

>>2232618
>>2232651

Lmao this..kind of. Western men have completely given everything away. It's pathetic.

>>2235039
I just rented one in the beach town of Mui Ne. It was crowded for a festival and the driving was actually pretty tough in congested areas...there are just no rules on the roads in VN. If you're driving really late at night/slow times in a smaller town you're probably fine but in Saigon no fuckin way. Id suggest avoiding it unless you are already an expierenced driver and can pick up bike riding quickly.
>>
Going Vietnam in July. Is the weather as bad as I've read online? I don't mind like an hour of rain but it'd be shit if it was constantly raining
>>
>>2235809
Look at last year's rainfall patterns as an example

What are you going to so there?
>>
>>2234850
>Taiwan
Fuck off, we're closed.

Might reopen to tourists in July, might not. Currently a 7-day quarantine for arrivals no matter whether you're a vaxcuck or a pureblood.
>>
File: 1646005478283.png (1.03 MB, 1223x567)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
I need to go through immigration in BKK in order to change flights for a transfer. Anyone know the cheapest way to get the insurance for the Thailand pass? I don't want to pay out the ass to be in a country for 8 hours
>>
>>2231246
So if you can only stay for 180 days, how do people manage to stay for years? My hope was to be able to move and live there for a long amount of time.
>>
>>2235039
I rode rented bikes from Dong Hoi to Da Nang. Had no prior experience but just don't be retarded and you'll work it out

>if 10's of millions of locals can do it so can you

Nah it's terrifying at first but just pay attention to what everyone else is doing and go with the flow. Don't speed and if you are about to hit something simply slow down/stop, it's that easy
>>
File: n0txqix2ovr81 (1).png (911 KB, 1910x1700)
911 KB
911 KB PNG
My Discord friends and I are making a language that mixes Spanish, Japanese, and Malay. We need input from skilled speakers and/or linguists to keep it somewhat plausible.
I think we're going to locate the language somewhere in the Philippines, since that is the most plausible location for all three of those languages to come into contact.
Is there a Discord server or something where I can get some help with this project?
>>
>>2235039
>>2239299
honestly it's not that hard. I bought and sold instead of renting but you'll get used to the traffic after a day of shitting yourself
>>
>>2239198
I bought mine from Allianz.
A one month 10k emergency Healthcare coverage cost me 32 USD
>>
>>2239289
> So if you can only stay for 180 days, how do people manage to stay for years? >My hope was to be able to move and live there for a long amount of time.

To stay for years without hassles, you mostly need a legitimate local job + work permit, and/or a local spouse; I think most of the scumbag vloggers, for example, are either married to local girls or don’t actually live there for more than six months at a time. It’s also theoretically possible to string together tourist visas with student visas, but it’s not anywhere as easy as it used to be unless you’re actually enrolled in a program offered by a degree-granting institution. Intensive language courses at some of the universities may the last legal way to do that—private language centers, cooking schools, and Muay Thai gyms can no longer offer non-immigrant education visas, as you can do all those things on a tourist visa or exemption.

If you have money, there are also investor visas, which are good for a year at a time as long as you maintain the value of a portfolio sunk into the country (part of which can be the condo you live in), and as far as I know they’re still offering the „Thai Elite“ VIP visa, which is good for five years and costs something like US$20,000.

Easiest way to stay in SEA long-term legally without a real reason to be there is almost certainly to split the year between Thailand and a neighboring country, of which Cambodia is the easiest—you can buy a business visa that is renewable indefinitely for just a few hundred dollars on the flimsiest of pretexts.
>>
>>2232415
>>safe at 2500 a month for partying
>absolute. horseshit. you do not need anywhere near this amount of money unless you're one of those "hilton" faggots. 2000 MAX if you want to feel like the big cock around town. that is ALL you need. what a ferret.
Not that anon, but he's talking about the Philippines. I haven't been to Bantayan and Coron but my experiences in Manila and the more popular islands are that a comfy life in Philippines in more expensive than in Thailand, which in turn is more expensive than Vietnam. For Thailand, I spend 1500 without needing to pennypinch or avoid drinking establishments. That anon said: "If you party hard, eat upscale, do a few diving trips it will be more, I would say be safe at 2500/month." That seems like reasonable advice to give to someone who has never been to SEA.
>>
>>2231577
>Bros, is inflation going to affect traveling costs in SEA within the next few years?
Hard to predict the world in a couple of years, but unless mushroom clouds start appearing in Europe then I'd say no. I've been in Thailand for a year and inflation isn't a worry for the average expat unless they drive a car (gas is up).
>>
>>2239289
>So if you can only stay for 180 days, how do people manage to stay for years? My hope was to be able to move and live there for a long amount of time.
You can get away with living in Thailand for a year or two just doing visa runs (two by land per calendar year, rest flying into a friendly city like Pattaya). Eventually you'll have trouble doing this but if your goal is just a couple of years it will probably work.
Right now you'll be hearing a lot of anecdotes from farang who've been here since 2020 on covid extensions. I'm one of them - arrived last summer and never left. They will eventually stop giving covid visa extensions but tourist numbers are so low that I don't think immigration is going to be strict on visa runners for a long time.
>>
>>2239510
>That seems like reasonable advice to give to someone who has never been to SEA.

Thanks bro, I like to think I give reasonable advise
>>
>>2239509
That sounds fine, it might be painful to do if I get into a relationship though. I was hoping to get on a cruisy language course or something but that doesn't sound as easy as it was. Still, Thailand for 6 months and then Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand or Vietnam for 6 months might not be terrible either.
>>2239514
I just don't want to be in a situation where i've A: overstayed my visa and/or B: gone to do a visa run, then get turned away coming into Thailand when i've still got a bunch of my stuff there. Doesn't seem like it's really worth the risk. Have you heard of situations like that happening?
>>
>>2239940
Following on from this I was checking out https://southeastasiabackpacker.com/visa-guide/ and it says this:
>The official rules are that you can make a land or sea border crossing only twice in a calendar year – for the purpose of renewing your visa. However, when flying into Thailand by air, there is currently no limit on the number of times you can re-enter.
So if i'm reading this correctly, if I was to arrive on Jan 1 I could take a train to Myanmar on April 1 to renew my visa for 90 days, do this again on July 1, and then on October 1 i'd need to instead fly out, fly back in, and then on January 1 I could start the whole process again?
>>
>>2239511
This is true. Gas is expensive in my area of the Philippines as well so the cost to get rides has increased.
>>
>>2231413
Recent expat here. I moved to Angeles City with a gorgeous woman and she treats me like a king. Buys all my shit, decent enough house, has a high paying job for Philippines. Basically living here for free if I want but I contribute as well and will have to apply for a Visa so I can work.

We went to the touristy areas but it's pretty much Gogo girls and clubbing which I get bored of pretty quick. She doesn't even care if I fuck around but I am not really in to that shit anyways. I am late 20s and everyone here looks at you but are too afraid to talk to you.

I went to a family gathering because that is customary and I like this girl so I wanted her family to like me. Nobody would talk to me at first, then when the men got drunk they invited me to their table and started to pry.

They are extremely protective of her but I earned their respect because I can handle my liquor and despite the language barrier I assimilated myself with them. Have lots of respect; You are an outsider you must remember. I have not had a single problem since being here and her family has some crazy, big, violent men in it. They tried to intimidate me but I stood my ground, now they call me their brother.

The absolute size of the family is ridiculous. They rented a villa and there was easily 500 people there and they are all related. I was the only non-flip there so I had to get used to the staring and people talking in the language about me.

There are pickpockets everywhere but get a decent person to bring you around and you'll be fine (this isn't hard, the fucking flight attendant wanted to date me before we even touched down in Manila).

Manila was fucking boring however. Smaller cities are much more fun. Angeles City has some really shitty areas but some decent ones.
>>
>>2231417
Anything goes in those cities. I made a Tinder and had like 100 likes in an hour with a few pictures. You can just walk around but it really depends what you are looking for. You can meet a girl from here online from your own country and they will commit to you and be faithful if you find a good one and they are out there.

There are also tons of trans here and to be honest, some of them I can not even tell are men. Put your shit in a safe as well and never take out more than you want to spend.
>>
>>2231425
The driving here is fucking chaos no matter where you go. How some have licenses is beyond me. I wouldn't buy a bike because if you stand out you'll get robbed at a stoplight at some point. Out in the country you would probably be fine but in the city watch your ass.

I got hustled by a cop because a previous date I was with was smoking on the street. You can't get away with that shit in places like Makati, but in certain parts you can smoke wherever the fuck you want.
>>
>>2240091
>Manila was fucking boring however. Smaller cities are much more fun
Can you elaborate on this?
>>
>>2232618
lmao u think coming to SEA is going to change all of that shit? there are trannies everywhere here and black expats. The problem with the US is people like you, and if you come here and act like a fucking racist sack of shit, you'll be banned from clubs, hated, disrespected, and if you're that much of a dick you'll end up in jail.

>>2232696
This is true as fuck. I rented a place in the heart of Manila and the internet just would not work nor the phone service. It was just dead. Place I am living now has 5G and never had a problem with it.
>>
>>2240097
It's expensive and dirty. There are some cool clubs and shit but people are more friendly in the smaller cities. I only stayed in lux hotels which were clean and everyone there were foreigners, but if you walk around outside it's just sad.

There's starving people on the street, feral cats/dogs, shit and litter everywhere, heavily armed guards at every decent place... Come to think of it, it was pretty safe despite the poverty. I think covid fucked a lot of people here.

One thing I had to get used to is the fucking bugs and lizards and shit everywhere (and the fucking chickens clucking all night). It grossed me out at first but you just get used to it after a while. The lux places you won't find that, but if you're staying in an actual house like I am here you have to just normalize yourself with shit like that.

For example, if I run the toilet, it leaks all over the place so I have to manually dump water in to the tank to get the toilet to run, and if you need a plumber it's like 2 weeks of waiting. Good fucking luck if you lose your bank card.
>>
>>2240115
What cities would you recommend? I would like a decent population size to maximize cooming, and reasonable accommodation
>>
>>2240124
Hanging out with my new dad lol and brother in law. They are going to do cockfighting soon. Shit is fucking crazy. Angeles City is amazing. There are gogo bars for coom here and it's a joke to score girls, but I found the women way more beautiful in Manila than here.

"Reasonable accommodation" really depends on you. If you don't want bugs and broken shit and clucking pic related constantly.

If you're looking just to fuck girls and stay in a Western atmosphere, go somewhere like Makati because it is clean and not that dangerous.

If you have the balls to do so you can travel around at will like I do. Angeles City is pretty safe but lots of pickpockets so get a bag and find a girl who will keep you safe that you can trust before you start fucking around.
>>
>>2239940
>>2240070
>So if i'm reading this correctly, if I was to arrive on Jan 1 I could take a train to Myanmar on April 1 to renew my visa for 90 days, do this again on July 1, and then on October 1 i'd need to instead fly out, fly back in, and then on January 1 I could start the whole process again?
I don’t trust that description. At least as far as I know, Thai immigration has not changed the legal “180 days per 360” time limit on staying in the country on tourist visas and/or visa exemptions. So my suspicion is that when you tried to get the January visa you would have a good chance of being refused it by the embassy or consulate. Legally, that’s what they’re supposed to do. But in practice they might or might not (more about this below).

It is possible to enter the country many times within a year and get multiple exemptions if they’re not consecutive—I’ve been to Thailand for work as many as seven times in a single year, and I have never received as much as a dirty look from immigration. But I almost always stayed for less than a month each time, and was away for a while between trips, so I never bumped into 180 days. I was only there long-term when I had a local job and work permit.

But the thing about Thai immigration enforcement is that it’s always been irregular. People can get black marks in their passports after getting their second visa exemption or extending their tourist visas based on little more than the officer’s perception of a traveler. Officially the only reason that people get refused is if they’re suspected of working illegally in Thailand, so it happens a lot less often with farang than it does with, say, Burmese people or Nepalis. But refusals do happen, even to white folks, and it’s hard to predict when or why.
>>
>>2240223
Oh, and there is presently no rail service between Thailand and Myanmar, so if you want to visit a neighboring embassy by rail you’re going to Malaysia or Laos, or you’re taking a bus or taxi across the border itself.
>>
>>2240147
I'm going to Angeles in June for 4 nights. Do the gogo-bars have private back rooms? How am I supposed to avoid the walk of shame back to my hotel every night with a different hottie? I'm staying at a decent hotel which probably will have local filipino families visiting there for staycation and whatever.
>>
>>2240147
Thanks. To clarify, I don't want prostitutes
>>
>>2240276
Yeah they have the private rooms but it's expensive. Better off to just get a hotel in the area and go there. It really is not a walk of shame lol almost completely the opposite.The staycation places are best if that's what you are after. We are about to go out now. We go to the gogo bars just to observe drunken americans try to get laid and the best part is when some dude is spending money on drinks all night and at 4 he walks out alone. Will update you when I get back.

btw they shut down the entire street just for the tourists to go around and fuck girls it's absolutely insane.
>>
>>2240287
Far better off in the smaller cities for sure then.
>>
>>2240291
Ty. My whole fantasy involves going over there, pretending to be a rich and recently-divorced businessman, and fucking different girls every night. It's funny you mention that drunk part because to some degree that used to be me. Now I'm sober all I do at home is work and go to the gym, I go to Angeles to be a "bad boy". Thanks for reading my essay.
>>
>>2240276
Stop thinking like a faggot. No one is going to say anything unless the hotel has a no hookers policy specifically.
>>
>>2240301
Ok thanks, it's hard to know what's true and what's not these days especially with Rona. 4chan actually unironically gives the best advice.
>>
>>2240300
Are you me? That's funny because that's literally the story I use here (It's probably a pretty common tactic). It is semi-true as I am in business but I am looking to work in the casinos here because it pays well. I have to figure out the fucking visa thing still but have 2 months still so whatever.

You can have what you want here. At the gogo bars, just point and pay. I don't pay for sex here at all though. I'm tall and white with blue eyes so it's literally take whoever you want. EVERY woman that interacts with me and my girlfriend says shit like

>Can I take him home with me?
>Where did you find him
>You are so lucky
>etc

Good for you for quitting alcohol. I literally wake up and start drinking but one thing to remember is Filipino people will take not eating food as disrespectful and will get mad. Her dad got pissed off at her because I wasn't eating enough.

At home I do that too. Work, gym and home. Here I am a different person and can escape my boring shitty life at home and the job I hate.

>>2240301
Yeah nobody gives a shit around places like this. Manila in some areas you have to be more careful what you are doing but here in Angeles it's fucking Wild West. I stayed at a few places in Makati and my girlfriend was wearing next to nothing and nobody said shit however.

I just tell them she is my wife. You'll have to get used to the fucking roosters clucking 24 hours a day because it's annoying as fuck.
>>
>>2231246
>More practical (and legal) nowadays is to purchase a 60-day tourist visa from the Thai embassy or consulate in your home country. This can be extended once by 30 days without leaving Thailand, so you get 90 days before you have to leave the country for a neighboring embassy for a day or two to get a new visa and restart the process. When you’ve extended your second visa to 90 days, you reach the official legal annual limit of 180 days, after which you’re supposed to be away from Thailand for a full 180 days. But you only have to “visa run” once in that ~6mo period.
There is no official legal annual limit on tourist visa stays in Thailand. Everything is up to the discretion of the immigration officer. Some airports have reputations for more hard-ass IOs than others (e.g. DMK vs Pattaya).
>>2239940
>I just don't want to be in a situation where i've A: overstayed my visa and/or B: gone to do a visa run, then get turned away coming into Thailand when i've still got a bunch of my stuff there. Doesn't seem like it's really worth the risk. Have you heard of situations like that happening?
I've heard of that happening, but it's rare. Usually you will have a warning. When you are pushing your luck, the immigration officers will start quizzing you why you're spending so much time there (safe answer is to say you're dating someone), and near the end of your luck you will get stamped in with a warning to "go home" afterwards or "stay away" for a while. Still, I don't recommend leaving your possessions in a country with murky tourist entry policies that could unexpectedly deny you entry.
>>
>>2235039
Did that for a day, easily done, Hai Van was mad craic, plus we had a flight to catch that evening and things kept going wrong to add to the adrenaline - had a suit to pickup in hoi ann, mate went missing and ran out of petrol so stumbled upon him in the middle of the road and had to fling him a can, got lost myself, just madness
>>
>>2240666
>You'll have to get used to the fucking roosters clucking 24 hours a day because it's annoying as fuck.

Lol, yeah I have to tell my wife to turn down the volume on her phone when she is on video call to her family in the PI, the routers blast my house over the internet
>>
>>2240666
>one thing to remember is Filipino people will take not eating food as disrespectful and will get mad. Her dad got pissed off at her because I wasn't eating enough.

Truth, my wife will go on about any little health problem first being caused by missing rice with a meal.
>>
>>2241204
>Some airports have reputations for more hard-ass IOs than others (e.g. DMK vs Pattaya).
What are the most lax airports to get in from?
>and near the end of your luck you will get stamped in with a warning to "go home" afterwards
I figured there would be some kind of provision like this. In the event I was turned away at, say, Phuket airport, could I book a flight out to another country then fly to Bangkok and try to get in again?
>>
>>2241657
You'd have to look up the rules for visas for Thailand. Some if not most countries require you to leave it for a set amount of time before you return.

Trouble I am having here in Philippines is getting down to Manila to renew the visa. I have a driver, but I have no printer here and need a bunch of shit. If I knew my gf was pregnant I could use that as a reason but I'll likely give my reason as I want to marry someone here.
>>
>>2241657
>What are the most lax airports to get in from?
Pattaya (UTP) is generally considered the most lax airport to fly into. DMK is considered the strictest. Chiang Mai used to be considered stricter than BKK (the other airport in Bangkok).
>I figured there would be some kind of provision like this. In the event I was turned away at, say, Phuket airport, could I book a flight out to another country then fly to Bangkok and try to get in again?
If you get a rejection, your best bet is to go to a neighboring country (Laos ideally, because Vientiane has a great Thai embassy), get a single entry tourist visa, and cross by land border or fly into Pattaya. You might still get turned away if you fly in but with a tourist visa they'll probably let you in with your explanation that you need to get your affairs in order (say you have a girlfriend and luggage waiting for you).
>>2241816
>You'd have to look up the rules for visas for Thailand. Some if not most countries require you to leave it for a set amount of time before you return.
There's nothing fixed with Thailand. It's all discretionary IOs, sunspots, lunar cycles, and sorcery. If you read something like this, someone might think they can stay forever by getting tourist visas in advance: https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/thailand-visa-latest-update
But this is misleading because the IOs will still routinely deny someone who got a tourist visa in advance if they feel like it. Thailand has a number of long term visa options (Thai Elite, investment, retirement, marriage, education, work, etc.) and the IOs will sometimes make an arbitrary decision that a frequent traveler should get a different visa instead. The royal instructions that are put into law are extremely vague and basically leave enforcement up to the individual officers, who take their cue from their department heads, who take their cue from the regional head. Every office goes about it differently, and none of them are technically wrong.
>>
>>2231232
I'm thinking of booking a trip to Thailand in July. How bad is the weather during that time?
>>
>>2231232
Im going to Thailand for 2 or 3 months and was thinking about flying to Vietnam in the middle to check out Hanoi then the war stuff in HCMC. How easy is it to visit as an American with the covid stuff at this point? I might just stay in Thailand
>>
>>2241419
What a loser culture lmao
>>
>>2231232
How hard is it to travel within Thailand by land?
>>
>>2232651
why not... both
>>
>>2242583
Easy, cheap, and time consuming. There are cheap and regular trains going all over the country, but they are slow. There are cheap local bus networks to get anywhere. There are more expensive and comfortable long-haul buses and buses aimed at tourists. Smaller towns have irregular and less reliable songthaews to get to more distant areas, but they run based on demand (usually when 4+ minimum people are onboard). You can cover large distances comparatively cheap using Grab and Bolt. (I took one between two towns last week, 25km for under 200 baht.) Probably the best land transportation networks in SEA. For a while last year there was only trains and local buses and limited songthaews, but now it's getting back to normal.
>>
>>2242591
nvm I just checked at the flight from Bangkok to CM is fucking 18 dollars and to Phuket its 9 dollars.
>>
>>2231232
Guard your drink, anon. Watch for drink spiking. Always order closed bottles, and make sure you personally open them, or at the very least, they should be opened right in front of you.

When I was in Cambodia I witnessed a guy who was drugged and didn't even remember his own name.
>>
will Thailand be okay for banging thai girls off in september? how well do you think a non autistic non fat white guy can do in 1 month
>>
Anyone know what the deal is with covid requirements for transit countries? I am going to Thailand but stopping over in Malaysia. I can't find a straight answer as to whether I need to provide their local covid requirements or just the requirements for Thailand
>>
File: 1636266885131.jpg (658 KB, 976x1632)
658 KB
658 KB JPG
>>2239353
>tfw no damit wearing, puwit slapping, paa rubbing, kumot weaving, buhok combing, ulo scratching, simbahan attending, parol hanging, kamay washing, tuko calling, jeepney driving, kanin picking, manok chasing, tinikling dancing, tiyanak finding, aswang hunting, kabayo riding, carabao herding, baboy wrestling, duwende stomping, lechon roasting, lumpia cooking, pancit making, sinigang eating, forest loving, /r9k/ posting, qtp2t filipina gf
>>
>>2242604
I assumed you were interested in going to places between airports. Book in advance and flights between major cities are dirt cheap.
>>2244297
You don't need to worry about whether a white guy in Thailand for a month can get laid.
>>2244318
If you have to pass through immigration because you booked separate tickets, then you need to meed their covid requirements. If you are transiting through on the same ticket, you don't.
>>
>>2244614
how much do you need to worry about ladyboys or trannies
>>
>>2244632
Depends where you are. If you are a fatass boomer in flipflops in a redlight district and keep your phone sticking out of your shorts, then worry about some ladyboy grabbing your phone. If you are in Pattaya at 1am and see a bar still full of tall, slim, stacked hookers who look better than the average Thai woman and can speak fluent English, then worry that you probably just walked into a ladyboy bar.
Otherwise, you don't really need to worry. Most ladyboys can't pass, the ones who do look nothing like Thai women (think skinny runway models with angular cheeks), and they aren't interested in fooling you. Plenty of Arabs and Turks come to Thailand specifically for the ladyboys.
>>
>>2244637
>who look better than the average Thai woman
Anon, I...
>>
>>2231232
I just got a 90 day work visa for thailand. But with the nature of my work, ill be in some southern isolated jungle.
>>
>>2231577
Yes. Price of gas, commuting, food, basic commodities are on the rise. If you're not retarded and visit the local market every day, you'll notice price keep increasing 2 pesos a day, but it's still cheap for an exact, I guess. Then if you go to supermarkets, shrinkflation has become common especially on canned goods, soaps, and bottled products. I live in Cebu.
>>
>>2239511
>unless mushroom clouds start appearing in Europe then I'd say no.
Why would SEA be affected if europe gets glassed? Seems like there's even a bigger profit to be made if that happens.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.