[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 41 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: afaf.jpg (8 KB, 259x194)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>have to wear a mask non stop
>you can put it down when you eat
where is the logic in that?
>>
Well you're minimizing the time you spend spewing your droplets and stuff. But of course yeah you could still spread or catch covid while eating. The airlines knows this but they aren't about to piss off customers by withholding meals or lose out on sales.
It's a capitalist-public safety compromise.
>>
>you can cut down viral shedding by asymptomatic plague rats by 85% or 91% depending on the rules you have in flight
>85% is the only practical way to continue operations
>uh oh better not go for 85% because some right wing loon thinks it's hypocritical

You found the secret, better email OAN
>>
How do you not understand the logic behind that?
>>
there is no logic, it's a test toward humanity. To see how submissive 90% of "people" are and it's working very well.
>>
>>2172981
you sound like somebody who would protest seatbelts when they were introduced
>>
>>2172995
>it is ok to remove the seatbelts for 10-15 minutes when you are driving
5 star logic
>>
>>2172953
literal retard
are you one of the reprobates that think the air in the pressurised cabin is ""filtered"" every so often?
>>
>>2173020
exactly, a bus that allows you to take off your seatbelt to go to the toilet is safer than one that has no seatbelts at all
again, anon, it's a capitalism-safety compromise
>>
>>2172949
>>2172981
yea there is basically no logic to this mask shit anymore. I basically stopped going to restaurants in 2020/2021 since in my city they were closed for dine in most of 2020 then in 2021 when they reopened the prices doubled and the menu options downsized heavily. but I decided to go to one last week to meet a friend. The rule was you had to wear a mask to enter the restaurant and until you wear seated at your table but you could take it off once at your table.... Literally makes no sense , I think more businesses will be going bankrupt this year if they have another year of this dumb shit lol.
>>
>>2172949
you can put it down when you poo too
>>
I flew emirates business class and didnt wear one. Nobody asked me to.
>>
>>2172953
You must like being pegged as well huh
You have to go back
>>
this >>2172953

but also droplets and spittle are subjects to gravity - that is to say a sitting person is less likely to infect a standing person than another standing person
>>
>>2173043
hey now
i'm anti mask but pro pegging
do not confuse the two
>>
>>2172949
Is that really so hard to understand?
>>
>>2173043
chill anon they were simply answering your question of where the logic is in that
>>
>>2172949
There is no logic, especially considering 90% of people are using cloth or surgical masks which aren't made to stop viruses, but simply to keep bigger spit particles from going into wounds.
They aren't even tight in the sides/top so your corona aerosols just escape there, barely any difference, only a slight reduction happens.

It got so politicized though because the US is a shitty partisan hellhole and influences politics and media in the rest of the world, and Trump the literal antichrist said he didn't like masks so by default masks are good and can't not work.
>>
>>2172949
the question is "how many people can we fool with our meme?" and the answer id 90%
>>
>>2172995
Seat belts reduce your chance of dying or injury in a car crash significantly.
This can easily be tested.
Surgical/cloth masks reduces the chance of transmitting c-19 IF you are positive, SLIGHTLY.
There aren't any good studies that show that masks do any significant good in reducing c-19 transmission, all the studies are bogus metastudies with no clear data, and the danish study that proved they don't do shit was totally sweeped under the rug.
Totally a valid comparison.

Brain rot.
>>
It's not about logic or reason, it's about humiliation and control
>>
>>2173114
why do you care about the health of other people to the point you think you get to police them? would you like it if they policed you? no. argument over.
>>
>>2173116
When did I say anything remotely related to whatever the fuck you are suggesting?
>>
>>2172949
Keep your fucking mask on you subhuman piece of fat trash. What's the matter? Can't breathe? Are your fat folds struggling to keep up? Is your lung capacity so fucked up to the point where you can't even take the stairs?

Yes, viruses can go through masks, but the point is to reduce the amount of your spittle going around. Yes, you can infect others by taking your mask off when eating. The point is to do it as little as possible, to reduce the amount of sneezing and coughing.
Wearing seatbelts reduce your chances of dying by 50%. So, I guess, don't wear one? Is that your logic?
>>
>>2173125
Masks are essential oils of this pandemic. Crazy aunts will cling to anything that gives them a feeling of safety, whether it is real or imaginary. Everyone who refuses the essential oil is therefore a threat - not to their physical health but to their cope. We can't have that. Not coping would mean dealing with reality and that is beyond these peoples' ability.

Fragility is terrible.
>>
Regardless of how you feel about masks, you either wear one or you don't. You'd have to be extra retarded to wear it under your nose. I'd rather people not wear masks at all than wear them incorrectly.
>>
>>2173143
>you either wear one or you don't.
thanks for the enlightening thoughts, chief.
>>
>>2172949
Op dont wear a seatbelt then. I know you are a safe driver,
>>
>>2173160
Why do you smug retards keep making this NPC-tier false equivalency?
>>
Cloth masks do not significantly cut down the risk of transmitting or catching COVID-19.

Pic related is the result of actual research done into this. In a confined space, over anything longer than a few minutes, you really need an N95 to prevent spread.

Large-scale studies of countries, counties and states with strong mask usage vs those with no mask mandates further confirm that COVID-19 spikes and wanes as any common respiratory virus does, it's blissfully oblivious to efforts to contain it.

The idea that we can "control" or "beat" a respiratory virus with masks, mandates and leaky vaccines is comforting for people who are terrified of the virus and grabbing hold of whatever soothing lies they want to believe it, but the data doesn't bear it out.
>>
>>2173164
>pic
and keep in mind this is with new masks every time, proper fit and wearing, no gaps like most people have, and it isn't even taking into account the constant touching and readjusting that most people do which completely negates the effect of the mask by touching the area you just breathed on for hours and then touching something else transferring any possible virus if you are infected.
>>
>>2172995
>>2173160
You were still born even though your dad wore condoms.
>>
>>2173115
this
>>
>>2173164
>The idea that we can "control" or "beat" a respiratory virus with masks,
Beating no, but it still helps for damage control.
>>
>>2172949
Masks make no sense anyway, except as a short-term measure to stop hospital capacity from being overwhelmed (and even then if you look at data from different states with different policies it's abundantly clear that weather and vaccination rates are making the difference so much more). Not to mention that the masks the vast majority of people wear don't work, and most people wearing the right ones don't even have them on right -- because for it to work it actually has to be uncomfortable. And at the end of the day all they can do even at their best is slow the spread, so when it isn't a question of overwhelming capacity it's just delaying the inevitable
>>
>>2172959
>left/right cardinal mutt posting
>>>/pol/
>>
>>2173164
You're right, I think the whole surgical mask mandate is bullshit, and I say this as someone who wears an N95.
I simply think that we never got over the initial panic of mask shortages and let people use cloth masks because they were "better than nothing", but never really switched back to a proper N95.
Still, it's good in a way, because the virus spread faster and it had its chances to mutate, give people some immunity and get progressively weaker. Me, well, I never got the virus but I'm glad others did.
>>
coompliance
>>
>>2172953
>>2172959
Or you could just accept that getting sick is a part of life, and if we didn’t expose ourselves to bacteria and disease over millennia our immune system would have never evolved in the first place.
>>
>>2173437
well yeah but airline CEOs don't read /trv/, what do you expect us to achieve
>>
>>2173437
That's why I don't wash my hands after taking a runny shit or jacking off, gotta keep that immune system strong to own the libs
>>
>>2173450
Indoor plumbing is actually a globalist conspiracy to turn the frogs gay, real men shit on the floor
>>
File: 1582965356620.gif (1.82 MB, 355x360)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB GIF
>>2172959
>you can cut down viral shedding by asymptomatic plague rats by 85% or 91% depending on the rules you have in flight
Are you retarded enough to actually believe that? Sounds like you are.
>>
>>2173468
I can tell from your reaction image that you know a lot about this stuff. What brand of fishbowl cleaner is best?
>>
>put 1 g of poison/second in the water for 10 minutes
>put 1 g of poison/second in the water for 10 hours

where is the logic in that
>>
>>2173437
This, Indians are an immune superpower because they really expose themselves to all sorts of bacteria, and whiteys are seething worldwide
>>
File: 1306416198167.jpg (19 KB, 330x412)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>2173042
i did similar a few days ago (british airways club world). masks are just an economy class thing, i suppose.
>>
>>2173408
The virus is going to stay, its endemic now.
It will keep going around until incredibly infectious but less dangerous variants like omicron are dominant, so there is no point making all these panicky restrictions unless the hospital system is on the verge of collapsing because of overcrowding, which it isnt now and hasnt been for a long time.

People have some delusional idea that they can make covid dissapear if they just convince everyone to wear masks, which is fucking dumb, its going to be like influenza now with yearly waves that we just need to learn to live with.
>>
>>2173143
I would rather not wear one either. But the point is that I’m forced to so I have no other choice but to half assedly wear it
>>
>>2172995
you sound like someone that would march right into a prison camp for jews.
>>
>>2172995
big pharma shill try to go 5 minutes without using retarded seatbelt analogy challenge GO!
>>
I can't smoke in mask, also I'm not a cattle so I never wear one
>>
>>2173029
your busses have seat belts?
>>
>Inhale joint
>put mask on
>exhale
>smoke sprays out from around my mask and fills the air around me
Literal 60IQ stoned science experiment disproved global health protocols. Please, do tell me how wearing a rag on my face is preventing anything other than my lungs receiving quality oxygen?
>>
>>2173748
well wear an N95 then anon
>>
>>2172949
Flight attendants were insufferable before covid but now they can get a free power trip every flight. The air is recirculated so often that a mask is even more useless. It's not the droplets that get you sick, it's the aerosols that hang suspended in the air for days. Regardless, the mask rules exist only to remind society that nurses and flight attendants are the most important jobs in society.
>>
>>2173712
Look at this cattle who has never flown an airplane and never will. He doesn't even leave his basement to get groceries because his mom gets him tendies.
>>
Anyone who has a fit over wearing a mask, effective or not, while getting to blast through the air on their way to an exciting new destination needs be euthanized. Just shut the fuck up with your bitching. If having to put something on your face temporarily bruises your ego so badly you have bigger issues.
>>
>>2175540
correct take
>>
>>2175540
No, people have every right to keep bitching about it, it's a retarded policy that makes our lives worse

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.