[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 102 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>When will Japan open to tourists again?
Most likely never
>Ok, but seriously, when will Japan be open to tourists? Give me an estimate.
Two more weeks: https://www.japan-guide.com/news/alerts.html
>Is Hiroshima+Miyajima worth it as a day trip from Osaka/Kyoto?
Yes
>How do I travel by public transportation?
Install the "Official Japan Travel App"
>How do I say “I'm lonely, please be my waifu,” in Japanese?
https://4chanint.fandom.com/wiki/Japanese#Resources
>Dude, what should I see in ________?
https://www.japan-guide.com/
https://www.jnto.go.jp/
>Solid general guides - sights, sample itineraries, pre-travel considerations, etc
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1fmfaySQHmojbRGKWCwRecq6Ln1Bb2Xdh&ll=35.67928012473078%2C139.68638283648374&z=12

>ーCurrent status on the Miyajima Floating Torii Gateー
Absolutely fucked. Consequently, it's not worth visiting Miyajima.

ーInfo on Japenese Slutsー
>http://rockitreports.com/category/
>http://erolin.net
>http://rockitrisingsun.com
>https://paradise-tokyo.net
>http://hentaitokyo.com

ーJR Passー
Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.
>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥ (approximately a Tokyo-Kyoto round-trip bullet train trip)
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥

Super-easy rail pass calculator. Fill in your planned trips, get a quick yes/no response.
>https://www.japan-guide.com/railpass/
>>
Are there any good travel documentaries about japan you'd recommend?
If possible more focused on nature than big cities
>>
>>2172911
abroad in japan
>>
>>2172911
Iida Tokimeki trip is pretty interesting. A Taiwanese guy and a Japanese influencer go to a town in Nagano to promote the city to tourists. There they try the food, learn about local customs, see nature and shrines. It's on Crunchyroll, at least where I live.
>>
>>2172911
on the top of my head I remember Japan from Above (5 episodes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ8c2Qxz6tk
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14819746/

and there were 2 more that were very nature focused but I forgot the names unfortunately
>>
>>2172912
Thats faggot shit.
>>
>>2172912
>>2172913
>>2172923
Thank you very much
I appreciate the answers
>>
I love having lived in Japan while you fags are making 20 threads a week seething that you cant get in.
>>
>>2172911
if you want documentaries and not ecelebs circlejerking Life Where I'm From is probably the best
>>
>>2172911
Only in Japan w/ John Daub. He's kinda over the top in his excitement but actually does great work. He's just a bit too excited.
>>
Question time: what's the one thing you haven't done/place you haven't been in Japan that's at the top of your list

For me it's probably Hokkaido. I've only been on Honshu so there's still plenty to do on the other islands. Noboribetsu in particular looks very cool to visit.
>>
>>2173078
I never went to the more rural areas when I was in Japan, I did go to Kyoto for two days when I visited Osaka for a week to be fair.. but you know I'm talking about something like a small town in the Ibaraki prefecture as an example. I'm still researching though since I don't know shit about anything outside of Tokyo and Kyoto, but I want to walk around in the rural areas for a few days and maybe find a comfy path in the forest aswell who knows.

Open for suggestions if anyone has any
>>
> Japan to ease entry ban on new foreign student arrivals in steps
https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20220115/p2a/00m/0na/004000c

> Japan to cut quarantine period for int'l travelers to 10 days
https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20220114/p2a/00m/0na/048000c
>>
>>2173255
Choosing to do a degree in Japan is academic suicide.
>>
>>2173286
Most of the students in question are from Vietnam and the Philippines.
>>
>>2173286
I keep reading this meme on 4chan but they have universities in the world top 200. What gives? Is everyone talking about the Protestant University of Tottori or something?
>>
>>2173286
The big public universities are pretty good though.
Sure if you have the option to go to harvard or stanford studying in japan is pretty retarded, but if you're choosing between a good japanese uni and some random public university you might as well go for the japanese one.
Especially with howneasy it is for foreigners to get into tokyo or kyoto university, both of which rank very well for non american unis.
>>
>>2173078
At this point, I think coming back will be like never having been there before, so I'd pretty much like to see everything again on top of all the other shit I want to see and experience.
I think the first is to get some nice sushi somewhere though and see my friends again, then I'll take it from there.

>>2173255
>Government sponsored foreign students.
>Self supported students (90% of foreign students) will be allowed later
It's at least a step in the right direction for everybody waiting.
>>
>>2172924
Ryan Boundless, is that you?
>>
File: kurobe-gorge-japanese.jpg (133 KB, 800x500)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>2173078
Kurobe gorge
>>
>>2173312
So MEXT is gonna get even more competitive
Just great
>>
File: kumano-kodo[1].jpg (345 KB, 1000x667)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
>>2173078
Going to walk the kumano kodo pilgrim trail next time. For this one it's actually better that I got delayed, since I'm now in way better shape and can plan a more ambitious path with more sidetracking now.
>>
File: file.png (237 KB, 1920x1080)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
tsunami soon
>>
>>2173438
Oh balls
>>
>>2173438
Oh fuck
>>
>>2173477
>>2173471
>>2173438
epic reddit moment
>>
>>2173078
Yokosuka. I am a big fan of the Shenmue games and I'd love to be able to go and see areas from the game in real life.
>>
File: 1610765436270.gif (450 KB, 498x498)
450 KB
450 KB GIF
>>2173438
Australian here. We also have a tsunami warning. Something to do with a volcano erupting
>>
>>2173438

It's God's way of punishing Japanese people for not letting me fuck their women.
>>
>>2173078
Hokkaido, Kyushu and Okinawa
>>
I'm gonna get a working holiday visa and probably spend 6 months travelling, and another 6 looking for a job to sponsor me before my one year visa is up, so I can stay in Japan as long as possible. I know Japanese to a N3 level, so I'm not jumping in completely blind. Where the fuck do I start planning this entire thing? I want to cycle through the prefectures like Chris did, but stopping every month or so to settle down temporarily and take a part-time job. Some advice and guides to point me in the right direction would be extremely helpful, onegai.
>>
Am I crazy or is every little gay cafe's ハンバーグ the most overrated shit ever?
no matter what sauce you pick, how expensive it is, it's just a tiny flavorless piece of shit
you're better off eating omurice literally every single time
>>
>>2173255
>Japan to cut quarantine period for int'l travelers to 10 days
What? I read that it was 10 days back in September or some shit. Did they increase it to 14 days and it now went back down to 10 again? I would easily go if it drops to 2-3 days since I'm working while there, but 10 is just extreme
>>
File: 1641363499168.gif (3.93 MB, 317x317)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB GIF
>>2172872
>Is Hiroshima+Miyajima worth it as a day trip from Osaka/Kyoto?
>Yes
why must you turn my office into a house of lies?
>>
>>2173523
It was an underwater volcano eruption so big it could be seen from space.
>>
>>2173582
Don't you need to leave Japan to have your visa changed? I thought I read a bunch of stuff made to prevent people from doing just that. I wanted to do the same.
I don't know how people can do shit, everything seems impossible to me.
>>
>>2173599
it's literally a burger patty man
i have no fucking idea why everyone hypes it so much
>>
>>2173599
I don't get their popularity/obsession with with. It's a pretty common everyday type of meal thing where I'm from. People like it, but it's never something they crave or seek out. It's just easy to make. People would kinda laugh at you if you served it up as a cafe/gourmet thing here.
But they have "hanbaaagaa steeekii" everywhere there.
Just pick something else off the menu and you don't have to pick fucking meme omurice either.
>>
You will never be a real Japanese. You have no epicanthic folds, you have no clan, you have no kotatsu. You are a Caucasian man twisted by anime and manga into a crude mockery of Amaterasu’s perfection.
All the “sugoi” you get is three-faced and half-hearted. Behind your back people politely discuss you. Your sempai are moderately off-put and wary of you, your “kohai” smile shyly at your slightly overweight appearance behind closed shoji.
Japanese are somewhat taken aback by you. Thousands of years of evolution have allowed Japanese to sniff out gaijin with incredible efficiency. Even hafus who “pass” look uncanny and unnatural to a Yamato. Your bone structure is a dead giveaway. And even if you manage to get a drunk salaryman home with you, he’ll politely excuse himself the second he gets a whiff of your bread maker.
You will never be genki. You wrench out a mispronounced “ohayo gozaimasu” every single morning and tell yourself it’s going to be daijobu, but deep inside you feel the kanashimi creeping up like a knotweed, ready to crush you under the Daruma doll.
Eventually it’ll be too much to bear – you’ll go to Aokigahara, tie a noose, put it around your neck, and plunge into the cold abyss. A Niconico idol will find you, heartbroken but relieved that they no longer have to live with the unpleasant body odor and loudness. They’ll bury you with a headstone marked with your Romaji name, and every passerby for the rest of eternity will know a white man is buried there. Your body will decay and go back to the dust, and all that will remain of your legacy is a skeleton that is unmistakably Caucasoid
>>
>>2173806
Someone actually took the time to write this out. Someone's just assmad.
>>
>>2173819
It‘s funny though (and true as well)
>>
File: baby.png (204 KB, 413x365)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
>>2173806
>>
>>2173806
>You will never be Japanese
Why would I want to be a midget?
>>
File: cope.jpg (30 KB, 749x363)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
daily reminder
>>
>>2173806
Dude this is hilarious, please tell me this isn't just copypasta and you actually wrote this embarrassing shit
>>
>>2173837
We're not getting in any time soon anyway.
>>
>>2173838
Of course it's a copypasta, a guaranteed replies one at that
>>
>>2173599
It's basically a kid's meal isn't it, literally the equivalent of ordering tendies and fries in the US.
>>
>>2173838
It's a variation of the you will never be a woman pasta, anon, are you blind or something. At least this one is funny, the original one is just pure and honest seething
>>
File: 20220110_094706.jpg (190 KB, 1920x1080)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
One day I'll be able to get in and meet my destined Japanese wife
>>
>>2173838
Fucking newfags
>>
What are things I can read as a beginner to learn japanese easier?
I'd ask on /jp/ but they're fucking deranged
>>
>>2173864
Read the guide in /djt/, never post in the actual thread
>>
I want to go to Ochanomizu again and buy a new guitar... a MIJ Fender Jazzmaster in Ocean Turquoise metallic with a matching headstock.
I want to check out the new Ikebe store in Shibuya too... and the good old Ishibashi one again. and Shibuya G-Club where I got my Pink Paisley Tele in '17.....
And drool at Hyper Guitars in Shinjuku....
Rockin Shinjuku is closing in two months too... fuck,... did a lot of drooling there too....
I want to go back bros....
>>
>>2173864
Yotsuba&!
>>
>>2173654
I believed they increased it again because of Omicron.
>>
My passport application has been approved. So once Japan opens up in the next 10 years, I will definitely be going
>>
File: sdfasdfsdf.png (14 KB, 730x139)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>2173837
Might be good news if it's omicron, some countries that got hit by it started scaling back restrictions as it is mostly a nothingburger, like Denmark for example.
>>
>>2173975
People seem to generally not give a fuck about it here (Dane here).
Everybody I know who's had it since omicron came have only had mild symptoms, only one or two have felt pretty bad.
We do have almost record infection rates daily though.
>>
My sister works for the biggest tour in my country. They have good connections in japan and according to those connections they set a date for a journey in the 24th of february.
She says that I shouldnt take that for sure, but they are very positive about the stuff.
>>
>>2174003
>Source
Just trust my sister bro! ほんとだ!
>>
2023 should be a safe bet for opening again
No way the lack of tourists isn't hurting
>>
>>2173428
Nice, i want to do that as well
>>
>>2174003
Japan will open in March

t. dad works for Nintendo
>>
>>2173759
I changed my visa while in Japan, but it was to a marriage visa, so I don't know how it applies to other types.
>>
>>2173819
It's just copy pasta with a few edits. It shouldn't have taken him too long.
>>
>>2174007
>ほんとだ
Oy vey. ngm
>>
>>2174003
Which country, somewhere in SEA?
I don't think they will allow Europeans in at least until Summer.
>>
>>2174174
Ah, that's probably an exception. I didn't read about marriage visas since I'm a loser who will never get married.
>>
>>2174003
Assuming this is not a larp, that doesn't sound implausible for controlled tour groups. After all if it weren't for the omicron scare, those would have been allowed in by now.
>>
>>2174003
Shinzo Abe is my uncle thrice removed and he said a friend of his said Japan would open up this 29th of february. Stay tuned bros I'll keep you updated with more official sources
>>
>>2174385
Big if truth desu
>>
>>2174385
Use the force Gandalf, my dad works for Nintendo too and has a Gameboy 5! But don't tell anybody!
>>
>>2174170
Japan will recruit Gaijin for the Third Sino-Japanese War. This is our chance.
>>
>>2174394
I'll be on repopulation duty.
>>
>>2174394
CHINESE WAR BRIDES HERE I COME.
>>
>>2174394
>>2174397
>>2174414
Epic reddit moment
>>
File: 1635881019005.png (124 KB, 800x534)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>2174416
>>
>>2174422
pshhh… you‘re a faggot
>>
wow cant wait borders to open so the 10581250128581502 chinks can absolutely flood every fucking place everywere
>>
>>2174433
>not having a go-to bar which denies entry for Chinese citizens
>>
>>2174416
That one dude scanning the thread ready to type "le epic reddit moment!" at any given chance
>>
>>2174433
Or just walk one or two streets away from whatever tourist attraction they're "flooding" and you won't see a single gaijin anywhere.
>>
You thought you were going to travel to Japan?

Think again, chud. Booster up. Two more weeks. Let's get through it together.
>>
>>2173766
> it's literally a burger patty man
I like to think of it as an individual meatloaf. It's no more a "meme meal" than curry rice or onigiri, there's no reason not to enjoy it.
>>
>>2173582
Bumping for interest. I have only a few years before going over the WHV age limit (max age 30 for UK), so as soon as I can I'm applying. I will ask my current employer to let me work fully remote 3 days a week (software dev) with a 9 hour time difference, if they say no I plan on quitting and going anyway, where, having a tenuous grasp on basic Japanese and having never held a part time job in any hospitality or service industry due to a sheltered professional lifestyle as a WFH developer, I will likely be unable to secure any part time employment and end up spending my entire life savings eking out a depressing existence thousands of miles away from my friends and family, before returning back to the UK for a life of drudgery and toil before my death. It's gonna be great.
>>
>>2174459
Well that sucks, but I doubt there'd even be a remote chance of opening up when even one prefecture still has "quasi measures" (lel, not even actual measures.... just quasi....)
We had another daily record of infections where I live, but the government eased some restrictions over the weekend and our experts are all saying omicron is mild. We only have six in intensive care in the capital area.
What's going on in Japan man... they really REALLY don't want anybody in.
>>
>>2174464
There's absolutely nothing wrong with them and they taste good if seasoned well and not overcooked, but they're very much "I just got home from work and I need to make some food for the family and kids fast!" tier food. Not something I'd ever order eating out.
They're good with gravy, soft onions and fried mushrooms and some potatoes on the side. Good hearty weekday meal.
>>
I can never go to Japan because I’m schizophrenic and they commit you to a hospital for months and months and the embassy can’t help you
>>
>>2173300
are tokyo unis that easy to get into? I thought Todai was notoriously difficult to get into
>>
>>2174547
Your mom is notoriously easy to get into
>>
File: kson-kson-eyeroll.gif (3.79 MB, 498x280)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB GIF
>>2174551
>>
>>2174547
It is difficult to get into if you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>2174571
>tfw fucking retarded
>>
>>2174571
so are most nips retarded or is anime lying to me?
>>
>>2174576
>are most nips retarded
I'm sorry to be the bringer of bad news but...
>>
File: japan-flame-bulb.jpg (122 KB, 1452x923)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
Has anyone seen these in a store in Japan?
>>
>>2174547
Grad school is easier to get into for everyone because most japs just do a bachelor, not like some european countries where everyone gets a masters.
Foreigners also have an easier time because japanese unis are desperate to improve theor international rankings, which means international students and publishing in english.
The only hard thing is gettint the mext scholarship which is very competitive, but yearly tuition is around 5k so you don't necessarily need it.
>>
>>2174505
I find it interesting that experts opinions differ depending on the country.

Like, where I am, its like:
>oh yeah its mild but you can still catch it and die so the govt should put some restrictions in to slow the spread
>>
File: 1637460338926.jpg (19 KB, 498x581)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>2174614
hmm interesting. Do they offer typically offer elective language courses for foreigners? was considering language school but going for a masters at Todai or Kyoto would hit two birds with one stone
>>
>>2174659
Courses in english are pretty rare, unless you're doing cs or engeneering.
They also have some programs about sustainability and stuff, plus kyotou even has some humanities in english.
Often you're also supposed to write professors in the department you want to get into and basically just ask them to accept you into their labs/ their seminars.
Just look up todai and kyotou's pages about graduate degrees for more info.
>>
>>2174442
Name every bar
>>
>>2174693
Yeah there seem to be a list of degree-programs offered in English at todai and kyotou but would they also help me learn Japanese or do I need to separately study at a language school for that?
>>
My good friend works in the travel industry in Japan. He has no clue when the country is gonna open.

>>2174659
It's not cheap, but Temple university Japan campus is another option. Its the same a temple in Philadelphia, which is pretty middle of the road. You get the same degree as someone from Philadelphia gets. You also get a japanese degree on top of that.

What you can actually study is limited, but I had a good time there.
>>
>>2174591
Yeah. I believe they sell them at りぐま
>>
>>2174693
> Courses in english are pretty rare, unless you're doing cs or engeneering.

Yeah, that’s not true. Like many countries, the unis in Japan are desperate to get in on the foreign student money gravy train. Unfortunately for them, the number of foreign students who can take uni level classes is near zero so they’ve had to adapt. Lots of schools have made departments like “Global Business Studies,” “Global Studies,” “Intercultural Learning” etc. You get the idea.
>>
>>2174465

Well tip for you. Im a brit who has been living here a few years. Started with language school for two(never would have got to a decent level without, i was deluded before doing it). I spent roughly 18-20k a year GBP here not including tuition, and lived pretty decently even with a GF. Lived alone, newe fuchu, about 50 min train ride to Shinjuku. It was about £300 a month for a comfy 20m room with bathroom and kitchen and separate toilet. Another £60 or so a month on utilities. Fed myself on 1500 yen a day happily. Spent about 10k yen a weekend on restaurants etc. Cost about £900 a month for it all which was also including my gym membership. Then i spent an average of 3-5k GBP a year just travelling or skiiing or eating more fancy here and there or buying clothes etc etc.

It’s possible to live frugally on about 12k but it would be quite boring and pretty pointless to even be here.
>>
File: E3P3LDcVcAIXFSY.jpg (30 KB, 285x330)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
How much cash would I need for a good time in Japan?
Context: Ausfag with ASD that just became a wizard.

Thinking of planning a trip around お正月2023; would ideally be a mix of touristy shit by day, soaplands by night, but I have no real idea about costs. Ballpark, I'm assuming after airfares I'd want about 10k AUD?
And yeah I could just fuck a hooker at home, but I live in the one Australian state where prostitution is still illegal- so either way I'm booking a flight to get laid and I might as well fly somewhere that isn't a cultural wasteland and see some shit.
>>
>>2174845
>I live in the one Australian state where prostitution is still illegal
Which one? All states have prostution legal in one way shape or form
>>
>>2174845
One hour at a gaijin friendly soapland was 300-500 eurobucks before corona, depending on the popularity of the girl. They kick you out once you cum, unless you pay an extra fee and extend the „session“.
There are also girls you can call to your hotelroom, the prices are the same but you‘re not allowed to do vaginal.

Japan is extremely expensive for prostitution, you‘re better off going somewhere else. Most soaplands also still ban gaijin from entering. Corona fucked everything up even further, including prices.
>>
>>2174850
South Australia.
Aside from shaky reports of full-service massage parlors and places frequented by streetwalkers I really can't find anything in this shithole. I'd be as likely to get an STI as I am to get caught in a raid, or both, and that's if I can even get an erection to whatever feral bogan sow is selling herself.

I just want to walk into a nice establishment and pick from a menu; I don't know why this has to be so hard.

>>2174851
Price and selection aside that seems fine; the reason I'm a wizard is because I hate people
so getting booted out after cumming is probably what I'd prefer. I was thinking of finding a hotel room somewhere convenient and spending a week or two hitting up different establishments near kabukicho, but fucking hell not at that price. And I'll confess to not having investigated this idea so far, so while the "gaijin friendly" stuff doesn't come as a surprise it's not something I'd considered. Well shit. No point then, if I can only afford like 3 encounters max.

Thanks for tempering my expectations. I should probably look into Germany instead.
>>
>>2174372
It seems implausible to me. Chinese new year period usually has a lot of flow in east and southeadt asia for at least 5 weeks starting from week before CNY. I seriously doubt japan would let that happen knowing that the biggest ethnic diaspora in japan is Chinese, and one of the rare holidays taiwan (litterally the republic of weebs) actually has.
>>
>>2174858

Just go to thailand man. Why the fuck would you spend so much money to fuck hookers in Japan? It defies all sense. Especially as an aussie who lives literally next door

You will get 9/10 escorts in bangkok for literally half the price or less, probably even cheaper now.
>>
Meanwhile in Japn for $509 you get som old bitch or a 5-6/10 max with plastic face at best. You’ll get the same quality in Thailand 1/10th the price. A 9/10 in Japan will set u back a few thousand dollars. A couple hundred in bangkok
>>
>>2173201
Oarai is a favorite small town of mine. It's on the coast in Ibaraki. Very walkable, though they've got decent bus service through town. They've also got one of my favorite hot springs/restaurants as well.
>>
>>2172911
James may in Japan
>>
>>2174459
It's all so tiresome at this point.
>>
Or just don't waste money on hookers you fucking pathetic dweebs?
>>
>>2172911
NHK World has Journeys in Japan, probably the best imo https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFEzXnIQVwV86hG7tkoVnZnNk61Y28vaA
>>
>>2174845
I highly doubt that they will ever open up again. They dont need tourism and they are relatively working without any restriction, why would they jeopardize it for a thousands of tourists? Plan a trip sonewhere else
>>
>>2174876
Of course they will open up again at some point, it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise. It just won't be for another while still, so yeah, best to not focus on it, plan other trips, or just save money.
>>
>>2174876
You do know it's not only tourists who want to get in right?
>>
>>2174876
This meme about Japan never opening is being spread by either dumbass foreigners living in Japan with a vendetta against other foreigners, OR assblasted buttmad kids from other countries who want to go and have no patience.
>>
>>2174921
> dumbass foreigners living in Japan with a vendetta against other foreigners
Seriously, what is it about people who are interested in Japan that makes so many of the completely insufferable and hostile? It's fucking insane how many of them are like that.
>>
>>2174923
Its pretty baffling honestly considering Japanese citizens probably look down on them like they look down on us who just wanna holiday there
>>
does getting fit really improve your chances of hooking up with a good looking girl here?

i feel like japanese girls are more intimidated by really strong guys than turned on by it, much more different to western girls.
>>
File: 1256391943507.jpg (71 KB, 660x509)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>2174862
Personal preference.
Other than Japan (setting aside sex tourism) I'd have an interest in visiting Italy, France, Germany, Japan, possibly China; and maybe Spain, Mexico, Ireland, Russia, New Zealand. Thailand is just in the list of countries that holds no appeal whatsoever, and I find their faces kinda weird looking. Yeah that's rich coming from a virgin, I know, but I can't help what my brain doesn't find attractive.
It's not just about simple benis in vagena, it's about doing it with an escort I find pretty, and that apparently comes with a massive surcharge.
>>
>>2174948
>does getting fit really improve your chances of hooking up with a good looking girl here?
It does everywhere in the world. Being even slightly overweight will severely damage your game.
The beauty ideal of a man is very different, but being fit is a universal appeal.
The majority of their men are fairly small and very slim, so you will stand out as very masculine and strong if you're not fat, work out just a little and take care of yourself/looks.
But even more than looks. Simple gentleman shit like opening the door for somebody works like a fucking charm there.
Don't be afraid to be masculine and take charge, but don't be an autistic moron about it either.
The girls who would be intimated by a fit man are exactly just that. girls.
Some of the women there go crazy for men with hair on their chests and beard and a bit of muscle and shit like that.
>>
>>2174954
Aren't japanese women some of the most money-grubbing, and I think literally the most prolific cheaters?
I'm not a retard waiting for some kinda tradcath momwife to fall into my hands, but if you're dating interracially and want a stable partner I think the usual advice is to stay far away from Japan.

And that's not to tar them all with the same brush, people are people not stereotypes, but Japan has a culture than emphasises working to the point of exhaustion (dealing with a weak economy, heightened precarity, and unforseen levels of labour fungibility) so they binge on sex and alcohol and escapism to deal with the frustration.
>>
>>2174956
Yeah, it's generalising a lot, but stereotypes don't really come out of nowhere.
There's definitely a lot of status / money grubbing, but I wouldn't say that's a Japanese thing entirely. A lot of Asian countries have a very superficial view on relationships / partners when it comes to money and shit like that.
I will say in that regard though, that it's kinda expected in a society where they strive so hard to reach those positions, educations, jobs and stuff like that.
I haven't read into the cheating bit myself since I'm appalled by it, but their society is apparently very notorious for cheating a lot without much care.

All that being said, "just" avoid people like that. It's pretty easy to spot people who are like that or at least recognise that behavior quickly so you can move on. There's lots of normal and great people there. Don't waste your time with money grubbers and gaijin hunters and shit like that.

No society is perfect, and as many amazing things Japan and it's people have to offer, they sure also have a ton of negative aspects too which they don't question because "it's just the way it is" even if it's appalling.
>>
>>2174953

I can't say I've gone all over the world and fucked all kinds of girls, but I don't understand the mindset of these creepy ass sex tourists who go to somewhere like Thailand and fuck some 3/10 girl who looks like a monkey.

I'd much rather go to Japan, pay the 90k yen fee and fuck some 9/10 girl at Don Juan. I'm sure for the same amount of money I could go to Thailand and fuck 100 girls, but they all look like fucking donkeys.

Also don't fucking go to Europe for sex tourism. It's stupidly expensive and the girls are either ugly skanks, or sex trafficked from some eastern European country and I can't really condone that shit (and if you fall for this trap once you're done you'll be greeted by 8 Romanian dudes waiting to beat you to death unless you empty your bank account into their pockets).

>>2174956

Speaking as someone who is moderately wealthy I'm just gonna say women everywhere are money grubbing fuckers.
I quickly had to learn to avoid showing or mentioning I had money to anyone because the moment you do their entire attitude towards you changes. Like being super nice to me means I'm going to give you any fucking money.

Speaking from my experience, Japanese women are no more or less money grubbers than western women. Though I have never tried to marry one so many they have different expectations for marriage (I hear from a very reliable source you can straight up marry any woman in Japan by giving her a Lexus).
>>
Traveling across the world the so you can pay dumb amounts of money to fuck hookers.
Fucking pathetic human beings.
>>
>>2174978

Still cheaper than dating someone.

Besides, I don't travel to fuck hookers. I travel then happen to fuck hookers while I'm there.
>>
>>2174980
Pathetic
>>
>some degenerate coomer start talking about sex
>comfy thread turns slowly but surely into dogshit
Can the coomers please kill themselves? Its so tiresome when every single Asia related thread on trv get ruin by some perverse faggots. The absolute state of this board
>>
>>2174842
what's been your experience with Japan unis?
>>
>>2174995

Hate to break it to you, but people have sex. It's a part of life and a lot of people enjoy it.
It's no different than going to Japan to say... Eat Japanese food. It's not vital you do this, you're doing it because you want to and it's something you'll enjoy. Gluttony, much like lust is one of the seven deadly sins. If you're off to Japan to experience Japanese food you're also a degenerate.

I'm guessing you're either American or raised in a country that has a large Christian influence and you've been taught that sex is a naughty thing. It's not. Get over it.
>>
>>2174999
This justification lol. Pathetic.
>>
>>2173975
Same thing in Scotland now
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-60042339
The kike narrative is slowly shifting to "restrictions bad" as well
https://www.timesofisrael.com/pfizer-ceo-virus-will-be-here-for-years-but-this-may-be-last-wave-with-restrictions/

Japan always lags behind with everything though, so I wouldn't get too optimistic regardless
>>
>>2173837
didn't they have like one confirmed omicron death? actually absurd that the country is as locked down as it is, but I also heard the official protocol is still for everyone with positive tests to quarantine at a hospital. They're literally still treating it like early 2020 when we knew nothing about the virus
>>
>>2175018
Japans political system only cares about what their citizens perception is. The issue is the Japanese people go off what the government says, so they feed themselves into a loop. Japanese are not impacted for the most part since there is only a tourist travel closure (business related stuff still happens). Domestically they can do whatever. The Japanese government will open the county when the majority of other countries open up, then the Japanese people will be "if the government thinks it is the time, I am okay with that".

The "End of February omicron thing" won't actually be the end and it will extend to June. Then If other countries do not change it will extend again.
>>
>>2175077
Yeah, I don't think the end of February sounds plausible at all given how they've been throughout the whole pandemic.
Mid summer is maybe even optimistic for tourists. Early fall is more likely unless they have a change of heart/minds before.
Like I said, in Denmark where I'm from, we're almost having daily records of new infected because of Omicron, but the hospitalisation rates are going down and there's only a small handful in intensive care.
Our government and experts are saying something about they expect around half of our population to have caught covid by early spring here and something something herd immunity something something.
>>
>>2174999
Just check out the Vietnam General thread >>2164173
>its normal
>>
>>2174713
Tokyo u has a language center with courses especially for international students and researchers to learn japanese
Kyoto u also seems to have some bjt judging from their descriptionfar more limkted if you aren't a mext student
>>
>>2174842
English courses are if you don't want a meme degree is what I should've said.
Then again some of those programs sounds decently interesting.
>>
>>2174978
Put it this way,
I'm not having sex under any circumstances without paying for it (some people are just unfuckable, due to mental illness or whatever [autism in my case] and no amount of social experience or dating will ever connect me with someone or make me a viable partner). And I'm never having kids because of that, so no point saving for a house or anything.

What should I be spending my money on? Saving towards retirement, when I'll be just as alone except now also too old?
No really, I'm genuinely asking this. I just figure, while I can still get an erection I might as well get some fuck on.
>>
>>2175133
>No really, I'm genuinely asking this
No you're not, you're set in your ways from all the justification and they're pathetic lol
>>
>>2175135
Just to clarify, I'm a virgin.
If you're talking about the sex tourism thing, that's a whole new experience to me. On top of which, man, I don't even like alcohol- even odds I enjoy porking my first foreign escort, or (probably more likely) I can't get an erection/cum and start tearing-up because it's just another basic adult milestone I'm not capable of reaching like a normal person.
>>
>>2174977

You know you can pay a couple 100 dollars and find a literal 9/10 woman in bangkok right? Better looking than anything you will find in japan unless you pay around half a million yen for it. For 100k yen you’ll get a 5/10 whore with a weird face in japan too. The average japanese whore is not good looking. The very good looking ones cost at least half a million yen and are private.

Just cause most people pay ugly monkeys for 10$ in Thailand doesnt mean its the only option there lol. You can get world class for way lower prices there.
>>
>>2175181
I need you to show us what you consider to be a 9/10 Thai woman.
Not to be derogatory or derisive but I think the old adage, "there's no accounting for taste" applies here- and that's my loss to be honest, but the Thai women I've seen I just do not find attractive.
>>
People in this thread pay for sex instead of being paid for sex. You do not even need a 10 inch cock, you can be between 5.8-8inches. Just be able to cum multiple times and have some charisma.
>>
kind of a weird question but im really curious. im hopefully going to japan as soon as it reopens and i've seen a lot of very high rise buildings being constructed in recent videos.

what are the laws and general attitudes towards rooftopping (getting onto roofs of tall buildings). e.g. in london it's completely legal as long as you leave when asked, in new york nobody really gives a shit even though it's technically illegal. what will happen in tokyo?
>>
>>2175193
>have some charisma
Autism is the antithesis of charisma.
>>
>>2175220
There are "parks" on top of some, but I doubt you can just go into any business and ask to go to the roof.
>>
Anyone here ever done a working holiday in Japan? Sounds like an interesting opportunity but I'll need to do it before turning 31 (29 in March),
>>
>>2175227
nah but like sneaking on to the roof, especially in construction sites. it's really easy a lot of the time especially if you have something like a proxmark to clone rfid badges some sites use nowadays
>>
>>2175230
It sounds like you are going to do it if it is illegal anyways.
>>
>>2175231

yeah but im curious what will happen when someone inevitably comes up. what will the approach be. 100% someone on this thread has done this before
>>
>>2175230
>>2175232
If the popos are going to get involved, they could count an RFID cloner as a lockpick. And that's gonna get you raped since lockpicks are very illegal in nippon.
t. had to ditch my EDC picks before departure
>>
>>2175232
never being able to step in Japan again, and being detained.
>>
>>2175234
> could count an RFID cloner as a lockpick
funny, i've had that threat made against me here in London, what if i just forego the tools and hop the fence with nothing but a dslr around my neck?

>>2175235
really? that harsh?
>>
>>2172872
Fuck off they're full.
>>
>>2175236
> what if i just forego the tools and hop the fence with nothing but a dslr around my neck?
You're a shady gaijin in a place you aren't supposed to be, and cops could detain you for an indefinite amount of time without any kind of court order. Go figure.
>>
>>2175236
Yes, most crimes are strict in Japan. Japan operates on guilty until proven innocent. Then they have over a 90% conviction rate. Since you are a foreigner, you would probably just get deported.
>>
>>2175241
looked it up and the punishment for climbing rainbow bridge is only 10 days in jail and a small fine so it's not that bad if being caught on a construction site or abandoned building is similar. also seems police aren't hostile at all which is nice (hong kong security literally beat me once lol)
>>2175242
punishments seem relatively lenient though
>>
>>2175220

People will definitely call the police if they see someone let alone a gaijin doing that, legal or not. Japanese call the police any time they see someone do something slightly unusual
>>
>>2175245
I love Tokyo police. Unlike western police they are attentive, personable and helpful, but if you screw around like say, try to steal fro a shop they will waste no time hauling you in a back room and bust your ass in the most efficient way possible.
>>
>>2175252
so don't do brazen stuff and if construction site, then do it at night. got it. snitch culture sucks desu, we're starting to see that grow in the uk.
>>2175260
shoplifting is cringe anyway, i support those mfs being beaten down
>>
>>2174432
And nobody will ever touch you...
>>
>>2175141
Who the fuck cares, it's a whore.. she don't want your dick or cum, all she wants is money. Just buy good boner supplements and go at it, and don't tell me you have tried good supplements because you haven't.. there's actual magic out there. The people arguing with you about "paying for sex is bad" are virgins themselves that are too scared to try it, there's no reason trying to debate them on the subject
>>
>>2175220
There are a lot of rooftops you can get onto that you technically shouldn't, but people usually keep those spots to themselves otherwise the spots get blown up and someone finds out and locks the doors.
>>
>>2175228
I hope you can make it Anon. I was granted a work holiday visa right before I turned 30, but some shit happened in my life so I couldn't make use of it and I regret it dearly.
If they open up in time for you to go, then please don't hesitate like I did.
>>
File: FHLDbj8XMAQUcyz.jpg (180 KB, 1280x720)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>2175310
What those people generally say and whether they're virgins too or not, I don't really care- that dude in particular professed to have some understanding of a greater calling for people like me though, so despite him articulating his post like a troll I gave him the benefit of the doubt and replied sincerely to offer an opportunity for him to weigh in (and was totally ignored).

But you're right. And even if you weren't, nothing here matters except what I think and want to do: so to hell with it, I'm going to pencil-in a holiday in Japan for next year as a 31st birthday present to myself. I'm going to sit in an onsen, climb Mt Fuji, ride the shinkansen, and find a cute whore to fuck. Hell, I might hit up the gym between now and then since I have lost a lot of weight recently; if get a tan, learn some pidgin nihongo and download Tinder fuck knows what happens- I might not even have to pay for the privilege.
>>
Anyone check out the latest Abroad in Japan where he stayed at a $16000 a night suite? That view of Tokyo was amazing. I wonder what kind of working girl I could get with a suite like that. Ahhhh
>>
>>2175141
stop watching porn
stop masturbating

How the fuck do zoomers already have ED? I'm 40 and coom with my Thai escorts 3 times in an hour
>>
Only pathetic weebs and autists who can't get boners talking about nothing but hookers.
No wonder Japanese hate gaijins when it's guys like you they have running around.
Stay classy fags
>>
>>2173078
Fuji Q Highland
>>
>>2175234
>my EDC picks
What the fuck do you EDC picks for, you dumb nigger
>>
>>2175008
Not to mention Japanese want the winter Olympics in China to be cancelled so they are fearmongering as hard as they can.
>>
>>2175463
Opening locks, what else? Saved my ass a couple of times when people thought that they're the last to leave.
>>
>>2175008
>Japan always lags behind with everything though, so I wouldn't get too optimistic regardless
Ugh. I'm sitting on 4 weeks of PTO that I don't get paid out if I quit so I keep praying they'll open up by Summer so I can take a 3ish week trip, but I doubt things will work out that conveniently. I wouldn't even mind a quarantine since I work remote anyways, I just want to take a longer visit at some point and this seems like my best chance as a burger to do it while I am still in my 20's
>>
>>2175549
speak about being either extremely unlucky or just mentally ill
>>
>>2175181
>9/10 Thai
You either have shit taste or have gaijin eye or both, because most Thai women are just fucking ugly as hell, especially the ones working in prostitution. I'm in full agreeance with >>2174977 regarding paying more for Japanese girls because of their looks than cheap whores in Thailand. If you actually like Thai facial features, then I guess you're in luck, because you don't have to spend much. But if you mainly like East Asian features, and particularly Japanese features, then you can't really settle for less.

Hong Kong wasn't bad when I was there, and it overall was cheaper than Japan and South Korea, although I think a lot of those girls are (trafficked) from mainland China. There were also some Eastern European and maybe a few SEA or Japanese girls in those big buildings that house prostitutes like the infamous Fuji building. I didn't try the more private escorts in Hong Kong, and those are probably just as pricey as Japan. The setup in those buildings and having to knock on all those locked doors and going up and down the stairs was a huge hassle, though. The setup at Tobita Shinchi in Osaka and being able to see all the girls with ease is my ideal setup.
>>
File: yui.jpg (190 KB, 450x675)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>2175181

Last time I was in Japan I fucked this girl. Not gonna lie, this photo is edited, but the real thing didn't look too different. More petite and her skin wasn't as perfect as in this picture. But it cost me 85k yen.

If I am paying for sex, I'm not going to settle for anything less than this. And honestly, Thailand doesn't have girls that look this good from what I have seen.
>>
>>2175228
Done it in Korea

Ended up just sitting on my ass for 10months while slowly improving my Korean, found a 19 year old gf and banged her for half a year but she cheated on me so I dropped and just came home early.

If you want to spend a year just chilling out I can recommend it, but if you're out of work half way through you'll have trouble signing a long term contract for anything legit professional. So your options are usually just bar work or a hostel or something.

Treat it as a year long holiday nothing else
>>
>>2175568
85k yen to fuck some hooker? Fucking waste of money
>>
>>2175568
Looks like shit even with filters

I feel bad for you anons that have to pay for sex
>>
>>2175583
Nah she looks very good. 85k is very steep though. But yeah that‘s the reality of prostitution prices in Japan
>>
File: thai hooker.jpg (166 KB, 1000x750)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>2175582

I mean, it's expensive but I've got more than enough spare money so it doesn't bother me. If you don't have the money then obviously don't do dumb shit like this.

>>2175583

Now show me those Thailand hookers you're so proud of. I tried googling for some but picture related is all I could find.
>>
>>2175586
I'm not the anon that said you should go to Thailand

I'm the anon that got cucked on a working holiday
>>
>>2175582
Stop calling it a waste of money when he's willing to spend it on that, it's a waste for you not him
>>
>>2175582
Japs are generally willing to do stuff that costs extra in other countries i.e. gfe, dfk, BB everything. And for 85k he probably paid for an hour of that service. Top Jap escorts that command that price is nearly JAV/gravure-tier or even proper Yamato nadeshiko unlike the average fucked-up face hanako you see in the general populace
>>
>>2175647
and again this is in a first world country where the taxis worship the ground you walk on and where everything is clean and nice. You pay a premium but Japan is a premium country.
>>
File: hooker.png (513 KB, 506x609)
513 KB
513 KB PNG
>>2175647

It was 2 hours actually. Not gonna lie though, I sure as shit didn't last that long but that is the major downside of being a gaijin using hookers in Japan. There is always a gaijin tax and often you got to pay for the longer courses, which are 90-120 minutes.

But I consider it money well spent. Picture related is what a "top" tier hooker in the town I live in looks like to put things into perspective, and an hour with her would cost the equivalent of 32k yen.
>>
>>2175626
It is a waste of money and it's pathetic as fuck too.
This thread is fucking shit with these autistic weebs with nothing but hookers who are really disgusted by them on their minds.
>>
>>2175181
I'm sorry man but all the living things I see posted on those Thai threads are just insanely ugly. You people are all "based" "11/10" "creampie" but you gotta understand tastes are subjective, and yours are certainly... special.
>>
How are people so insecure over how others spend their money? Food, Hotels, Hookers, etc. Not everyone wants to be a minimalist never-bathes backpacker who brings one set of clothes. Not everyone is going to be a spend 200+ a night in some meme four seasons hotel then gets a jap hooker for 100 dollars a hour. Realize the difference people have and move on, instead of having an autism post fest over it.

I am not vaxxed btw, and JAL and ANA canceled flights over 5g towers.
>>
>>2175579
Did she cheat on you with another foreigner? How did you find her?
>>
File: photo_01.jpg (249 KB, 340x500)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>2175568
I wouldn't visit a sex worker anywhere else in the world, but I tend to visit a brothel each time I am in Japan, never regretted it so far.

My best encounter was pic related, a 19 years old student, paid 75k+10k gaijin tax for 110 mins. She freshly started working at a store which doesn't allow gaijins so I chatted her up months before my trip, and she asked the manager to sneak me in. They gave me a lift from my nearest station, let me in when they made sure no other guests could see me, and made me wait in a secondary waiting room.

She was tall skinnyfat with huge marshmallow-like boobas, the only flaws that I could see were her acne and the fact that her hair was too dry, I would rate her looks 8/10. If she had more money for proper skin and hair care she could be even more pretty. Because we were writing so long I asked her if she was okay with anal. She was reluctant at first, but I managed to convince her to give me her anal virginity.

We exchanged line and talk from time to time, would be nice to see her again, but she stopped working in the sex industry after a year to save up for her tuition.
>>
>>2175733
Yea, she gave me genital warts too so she must have been fucking around with a few guys.
>>
>>2175228
Yuuup, spent the first 8 months drinking, exploring, and following my dick across the country. A lot of it is a blur desu because i was drinking all day and night, but had some top experiences. Shit was dope. Then I met my gf, and settled down to work in a cafe for the rest of my 18 months. Would recommend.
>>
>>2175384
oh i usually just go starting with the tallest buildings and work my way down trying my luck at all of them.
im sure there are some set ones but idk i've never followed protocol (and doing that has gotten me on a lot of buildings deemed 'impossible' both in ny and here in london
>>
>>2175442
I looked it up and it's "only" 6k a night in April. The suite just below it (slightly smaller) is even more affordable at just 1.5k a night which I feel like a lot of people can justify for a couple nights.
>>
>>2175568
For $750 you can have actual models in Thailand.
Try looking at some high-end escort sites in Bangkok. $400 for two hours with absolute goddesses.
>>
>>2174720
kek
>>
>>2175442
>the latest Abroad in Japan where he stayed at a $16000 a night suite

It was $12000 you fucking goldfish-memory-having thirdworld NIGGER
>>
>>2175829
yeah but then you have to be in bangkok
>>
>>2175803
>i've never followed protocol
What's the protocol for getting onto buildings?
>>
Does having a relative in Japan net me any benefits when it comes to living there? My cousin recently married a Japanese woman and they own a house there.
>>
>>2175931
>Are there any benefits to having relatives living where I want to go?
Do you really have to ask?...
If you're thinking in terms of yourself having a better chance at getting granted long term visas, then I doubt they'll look at anything other than yourself. Or maybe even see it in a negative way because "Oh he's got family here, that probably means he wants to stay here now...." who knows, they're fucking weird in terms of "we want people to come to help with work because of our rapidly aging population" and "stay the fuck away!", just pick a stance already you know?
>>
>>2175931
Of course not, lmao.
>>
>>2175565

I know your a weeb who feels above thailand despite being a degenerate simply because you think you can tell chinese and Japanese people apart. You cant. Just style.
A 9/10 is beautiful no matter where they are from. And plenty of the best looking thais generally have east asian features. You can get passed the ugly monkey for 10$ looks because you are ignorant and have a weeb fetish. Nobody wants to fuck those 10$ sea whores other than weirdos. You’ll get the same tier of ugly nip for $400 in Tokyo, you just cant tell.

Top tier escorts in bangkok only, and leas than half what you’ll pay in Japan for a top tier escort(like 1-2million yen). Almost identical in looks.

Obviously there are some racial differences even if the most beautiful thai women skew towards east asian looks, but you cannot defend yourself from being considered a Japan obsessed faggot if you are arguing paying 2 million for a top tier nip is “worth it” over 300,000 yen or less for a top tier 9/10 world class looking whore in thailand.

I dont like nig nog women but at those prices id even rather screw a 10/10 nigger than pay that simpy weeb proce for a nip
>>
>>2175944
These retards will actually waste countless time and who knows how much money trying to get into jap only brothels, attempting to bribe, being scammed, getting ripped off and given the old switcharoo with a 40 year old hag that normally works from the street. Just because they watch censored porn 7 times a week.
>>
>>2175944

Yes I'm a weeb and no I'm not going to apologize for it. I also happen to have more money than I can spend. I'm still not going to Thailand and I'm still not going to fuck some ape. Simple as.

Are you some kind of Thailand pimp or something because man you seem awfully insistent on getting people to go to Thailand.
>>
entire thread destroyed by retarded coomer discussions we‘ve had 1000 times already
>>
File: 38291404.jpg (8 KB, 250x250)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
ITT: larping and sex-obsessed retards
Nice thread about Japan, pieces of shit.
>>
Feels like every japan general has been destroyed lately
>>
>>2175958

No investment in it. I just dislike weebs who always look down on degenerates who pay whores real value in thailand instead of being scammed in Japn. I live here in Japan and know so many people who came here to fuck around, nasty STD ridden dweebs hitting whores or ugly chicks on apps and every time i tell them to hit up thailand if its their thing when they inevitably complain about cash they get mega offended as if they are above that.
I mean honestly maybe its harder to explain a stay in Thailand as a male kn your own to senpai back home? Fair. Dont tell them then.

You get just as ugly old Japanese women or ugly ass younger ones equal to the 10-50$ thai hookers, you weebs just cant tell or judge them properly, and pay hundreds of dollars instead. Its cringe to shit on losers doing it in thailand, at least they have pride not to get scammed.

Anyway this is just my opinion. Believe it or not i dont engage in whoring, just lived in japan long enough to know about it and taken enough trips and vacations to thailand to see
>>
>>2175837
Are you seriously this fucked in the head?
>>
>>2174980
> Still cheaper than dating someone.
I feel sad for those who pay a fare. A fee? Word to the G.

I can't imagine it, but hey, if paying for a ho is the only way you can get laid, it is what it is.
>>
>>2175803
>a lot of buildings deemed 'impossible' both in ny and here in london
You would enjoy "Beno Lifts". This reminds me, I really need to acquire a set of elevator fire service keys. You can go to all sorts of forbidden floors that way.
>>
>>2175750
Damn, was the sex good at least? Do you have a pic of her?
>>
>>2175852
in every city there are like set buildings to get onto that you know are basically always unlocked, have no alarms, etc and the 'protocol' is just to go onto those buildings and ignore the rest.

like in london the strata tower for example was seen as 'impossible', same with 22 bishopsgate but i've been at the top of both.

a guy i know actually base jumped from the strata tower.

>>2176050
>Beno Lifts
oh i know of him. i actually personally know and have done climbs with another pretty big london rooftop youtuber.

and yeah, the service keys are great but honestly just learn to pick and keep a set of cheap picks on you (including tubular ones). if you're about to be caught toss them somewhere.
>>
>>2176024
I want to fuck Japanese women.
>>
>>2176014
The covid shit made other boards (especially /pol/) flock here to troll, literally 95% of everything you read is just larpers from other boards. You can filter certain words if you want though, so there's that.. mods won't do shit to fix the shitposting
>>
>>2176127
Well it is not like the majority of us will be able to go to Japan anytime soon. It is pretty frustrating.
>>
when the world needed Zone-sama the most....the vanished
>>
>>2176127
>>2176173
these are my filters from over a year ago. makes the thread bearable
also it would help if all of us posted photos of japan (whether our own or from online) and discussed our non-sexual plans like some other anons have tried to do
>>
File: 20170603_153602.jpg (2.44 MB, 1080x1920)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
and I will practice what I preach by posting a photo of japan and discussing my plan
this was in nikko in the late afternoon, I got food poisoning from a conbini katsudon here.
next time I go here I would like to visit the plains area
>>
>>2176196
t. virgin
>>
File: IMG_20180919_150611.jpg (2.79 MB, 3968x2976)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
>>2176197
>I got food poisoning from a conbini katsudon here
Kek, also got food poisoning with my best friend when we visited in 2018. The few restaurants were overcrowded and refused people, so we ended up in a family restaurant. Bad idea.
The temples, emperor's house and nature were beautiful, though.
>>
>>2176050
>>2176094
man what the fuck is this underage shit
i'm really surprised people find that much interest in fucking elevator shafts and i say this as a trainfag
>>
>>2176196
Why k*wasaki??
>>
File: 20170603_152011.jpg (1.91 MB, 5312x2988)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
>>2176212
>mfw there was a cutout of an anime girl next to that bridge when I went so had to take a tricky shot
yeah the buddha statues were nice to look at and also they were refurbishing one of the temple sections so you could see their traditional working methods
saw a shinto marriage ceremony too
>>2176218
can't remember now but there must have been good reason to do so
>>
File: DSC04261.jpg (4.05 MB, 5464x3648)
4.05 MB
4.05 MB JPG
>>2176197
My friends got food poisoning from chicken sashima.

Advice to everyone: If you really want to consume raw chicken, do it at a restaurant that specializes chicken sashima, and not a restaurant that sells chicken sashima on the side.
>>
>>2176254
*sashimi
>>
File: IMG_20180919_154223.jpg (2.93 MB, 5120x3840)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB JPG
>>2176243
The temple was almost renovated when we went. We saw two artists restoring the walls paintings inside.

>>2176254
Why the fuck would you willingly want to eat raw chicken?
If there's one thing you mustn't eat raw, it's chicken.
>>
File: 1639457863594.gif (137 KB, 128x128)
137 KB
137 KB GIF
>tfw I will always remember the exact dates I went to Japan because I left the day the KyoAni fire happened
I remember following /a/ and the news in Taiwan and back in Australia when it happened, was not a nice way to finish up my trip.
>>
>>2176270
How is raw chicken worse than raw fish? Honest question, I've gotten sick from cooked fish before and I consider it the riskiest food to have raw, yet I've never had a problem with fish sashimi
>>
>>2176254
Are japs this fucking retarded they think Chinese can't read traditional characters?

It's like writing two sentences of the same shit with US and UK English
>>
File: 20170603_143551.jpg (6.1 MB, 5312x2988)
6.1 MB
6.1 MB JPG
>>2176270
oh nice! do you have any photos of the paintings?
>>
File: IMG_20180920_131719.jpg (1.87 MB, 3968x2976)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
>>2176278
Mainly those bacterias : Campylobacter, Salmonella, Clostridium perfringens, who will fuck you up good.
In my country, it's the number one thing you don't eat raw, you don't even give it to animals.

>>2176291
Unfortunately no, there was a "no pictures please" while they were working.
Here's one from the emperor's house.
>>
>>2176282
pretty based to assume mainlanders are all illiterate and retarded though desu
>>
>>2176278
Meat from fish for example contains fewer pathogens (bacteria and shit) that can actually infect humans. Raw fish is not even REMOTELY as dangerous to eat as raw chicken, that's just something you have concluded in your own brain because you got sick once. I can't remember the exact reason, but eating raw chicken in Japan is less risky because its bred differently for their specific dishes.. but even then it's considered more risky than raw fish or beef, and Japan's own minister of health issued a warning for restaurants to still cook the chicken enough to kill bacteria or for people to at least eat it less often
>>
>>2176282
>Are japs this fucking retarded they think Chinese can't read traditional characters?

Many Chinese think that everything in foreign lands should be in Chinese to suit their needs. I am not even memeing it's just a fact.

T. Chinese, know many mainlanders.
>>
>>2176278
>>2176298

Unless the fish has been mishandled during preparation, your chance of getting bacterial infection is actually fairly low. Your main health concern is weird parasites growing in your intestine or muscle fiber.

Whereas chickens, due to the absolutely filthy way they are raised, it is impossible for the slaughterhouse to not have the meat come in contact with something (skin, shit, etc.), and you can't expect disinfection to work 100% all the time. I don't know if chicken farm in Japan is any different though.

Back to the story, one of my friends was in a hospital for about 7 days and returned to an US hospital for further treatment.
>>
>>2176270
shinto weddings look fun

>>2172872
>https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20220120/p2a/00m/0na/002000c
Looks like they're sticking to the autistic decision to curb infections instead of hospitalizations. They literally won't open their doors to tourists until a vaccine that can prevent infections is introduced.

Meanwhile the rest of the civilized world is accepting that COVID is endemic. Wonder how many years it'll take Japan to accept that reality as well
>>
>>2176282
Are the Chinese so retarded they can't read Japanese?
>>
File: dogs.jpg (83 KB, 750x750)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Anyone here been to Shikoku or done it's pilgrimage? I've been wanting to go for a while now and I'm wondering if you guys have any advice for the place.
>>
>>2176475
Been twice, went to Tokushima prefecture and Kochi prefecture, didn‘t do the pilgrimage
What do you want to know?
>>
>>2176386
It's two different languages you retard.
>>
File: 20200225_095554.jpg (4.18 MB, 5664x2752)
4.18 MB
4.18 MB JPG
>>2176291
Not that Anon, but this was on the ceiling of one of the gates to the temple
>>
File: 20200225_092636.jpg (5.59 MB, 5603x2752)
5.59 MB
5.59 MB JPG
Any visit to nipponland that doesn't include a trip to Nikko is a missed opportunity
>>
>>2174876
>I highly doubt that they will ever open up again.
I'm honestly in awe at the fact somebody could be both this retarded and self assured
>>
>>2176270
>these are the tourists calling you incel
lmfao
>>
>>2175260
I always hear foreigners complaining about being carded all the time but I'm a tall bearded slightly tan white dude and I've yet to be stopped once in 2+ years in Tokyo

I've actually asked policemen help a few times when I was new and they've always been nothing but polite, going above and beyond what was asked of them
the meme of Japanese people just being fake nice is so wrong in my experience
>>
>>2175260
> but if you screw around like say, try to steal fro a shop
keep your ghetto trash out of Japan
>>
>>2176524
Are you American?
If not, that may be why.
>>
>>2176524
>and they've always been nothing but polite
This, just try not to be obnoxious. Every time I asked for directions, I always, after thanking them, said "sumimasen, watashi wa baka gaijin". Got a lot of laughs out of that
>>
>>2175568
do you have some websites to recommend?

I'm done waiting for my autistic ass to magically be able or be lucky enough to find itsel a girlfriend when I'm steps away from wizard, so I might as well do it like this

used tinder a bit and there's a lot of girls putting their twitter/line and when you message them there they give you the whole explanation. the ones I've seen average around 25k, but they all have very similar and kinda shady explanations so it's probably a scam or worse
hence I might go for a website or an establishment, leaning on the first because of the flexibility
although I'm not wealthy, so 30k max all included is my limit
an anon on gif recommended global141, there seem to be a few girls there, but no reviews

I'm just done with it, lately had one girl that seemed like it was possibly shaping into a relationship, and then got cucked while I was away from the country on winter break (strong quotes on cucked)
if this is how I'm ever getting sex then so be it, but I'm anheroing myself before I become a 30yo virgin
>>
>>2176527
I'm not, although one person who complains about it a lot isn't either, and they're white passing

although they are also the type who gives no fucks about rules, not paying any taxes or health insurance, is all fuck you authority and then complains about discrimination
So yeah I guess it's just them and the people complaining online are similar lmao

>>2176534
I guess you're right
I'm always polite and quiet, sometimes overly so
although I've never whipped out the baka gaijin, that must have been funny for them lol
>>
>>2174862
>>2174864
>>2175829
I've seen the "women" people in the Thai threads fuck and they look disgusting. May as well stay home and fuck girls at the local bar. Some people here have standards.
>>
>>2176282
>>2176254
oddly enough the last character for both is 台 which is the simplified version of 臺 so I really have no idea what the Japanese person was thinking when he wrote this. Maybe he really is retarded.
>>
File: 20170603_134826.jpg (7.9 MB, 5312x2988)
7.9 MB
7.9 MB JPG
>>2176298
>>2176512
arigathanks, those are nice
>>2176516
I agree
>>
I’m officially moving to Japan next month. It’s pretty dope but I’m going to be stuck in a hotel for two weeks quarantining. Which dating apps are the Japanese roasties on?
>>
>>2176828
How? Nobody's allowed in
>>
>>2175582
I'd tend to agree paying for hookers is retarded but if you make a fuckload of cash then it's not a big deal
I make enough to buy her within 2 maybe 3 days
>>
>>2176856
Even if you make a fuckload of cash it's still a fucking waste of money getting hookers. This fucking thread man, no wonder they love having no gaijins for two years

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.