[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is Riverside, CA a nice place to live?
>>
Nope. Not Riverside the city. Especially the downtown area which is a complete shithole. But there are some nice areas not too far from Riverside.

If you drive 40 minutes to Brea in Orange County, it's really nice. Yorba Linda has some cool areas too.
>>
File: Screenshot (71).png (929 KB, 1813x764)
929 KB
929 KB PNG
>>2172390
I hear this place is good too
>>
>>2172390
What about Whittier or Santa Ana?
>>
>>2172312
If you're a cholo or a tweaker, yes, you'll feel right at home
>>
>>2172590
Santa Ana is the worst city in Orange County. Whittier is also pretty bad. Corona is pretty shitty too.

If you're looking for cheap rent, check out Fullerton. There are 2 colleges, so a lot of apartments with college kids. Rent is considerably lower and crime is low, because blacks and Mexicans don't go to college. You usually need renter's insurance near a college because most students are too young for a credit check.
>>
I visited once and it was pretty nice compared to everywhere else in the greater LA area.
>>
>>2172390
>>2172592
Are you guys from 20 years ago?
>>
>>2172859
Whittier actually looks pretty nice. I'd like a place near some running trails.
>>
File: really bad.jpg (163 KB, 1771x831)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>2173188
You may be used to living in a shithole, so maybe you stopped noticing it. Or maybe you choose to ignore the crime, homelessness and poverty because it's a defense mechanism. But facts are facts. Riverside it a rat's nest.
>>
>>2172590
Only good thing about Santa Ana are the vietnamese cafes
>>
>>2173342
That's because white people live there
>>
>>2173401
Again, maybe you're unaware of the actual statistics on crime in California, or maybe you ignore them as a defense mechanism, but blacks and Hispanics commit violent crime at disproportionately high rate in California. The facts simply don't support your statement.

A crime map of California will perfectly align with a map of Blacks and Hispanic areas.

I made this for you in case you were curious.

There are 14.3 million whites in California and a total of 17.6 million Blacks and Hispanics. You would expect that the violent crime numbers would be pretty similar. In reality, what you find is that Blacks and Hispanics are committing crime at rates 250% higher than whites.
>>
>>2173401
>>
>>2173342
lol i didnt know we were that bad. i remember working overnight security downtown and the homeless people would always remind me how in BioShock there's that natural camoflauge tonic that lets you go invisible if you stand still, and the splicers would queue their idle animations and some would just stand there, others roaming around doing or saying random weird shit
>>
Riverside sucks, as does San Bernardino. It's full of cholos, wetbacks, homeless druggies and nigg0rs. The white people that live there are all on drugs. There's abandoned shopping carts and trash everywhere. Recyclable materials will get stolen from your property. Traffic sucks as everyone there drives into more expensive parts of LA and OC to do wagie jobs. You are constantly stuck doing 20 under behind a nig driving a clapped out Chrysler 300 or a wetback driving a Toyota pickup full of lawnmowers. It's also the hottest part of the LA area (except for like Palm Springs) for some reason so you feel like you're living in Phoenix half the year but you still have to deal with Cali bullshit and its downwind from the entire LA area so its highly polluted. There's a major university there but its in a shitty area since its in Riverside.
>>
>>2174268
Can confirm this for truth.
>>
>>2172312
Grew up here pretty much my whole life >>2174268 basically sums it up.

If you're from California it's not a terrible part of socal to be in but it's iconic in the sense of tweaker/cholo shit. White people are all tweaking, mexicans are gangbanging, the few blacks that are there are thugs, which leaves the asian population trying their best to get a good education at UCR to get the fuck out of there.

I come visit home every now and then and would advise you look into conceal carrying a weapon if you live there. Not to imply you will get caught slacking but it provides a bit more comfort knowing you at least won't die out there.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.