[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I want to immigrate to Australia.

How do I do this?

I am tired AF of living in canadain winters (-30c)
I always wanted to live in kangaroo land.

I am 30 years old and work IT at amazon FC.
I have no degree

I dont want to go and do a working holiday visa.
>>
>>2172218
>How do I do this?
Apply for a job that is willing to give you a visa into the country, or follow the consulates site on "moving to australia as a canadian". Would probably just be easier to move to SoCal or the American Southwest than anything really.
>>
>>2172222
what type of jobs allow sponser?

I always meet fobs from other countries that get PR in canada. They have to work a few years in a remote town and they get PR. Is Australia the same???

im white and native english.
>>
>>2172223
If you need this level of spoon feeding you're simply not going to make it.
>I work in Tech
>what kind of job could possibly sponsor me?
No clue anon.
>>
>>2172223
There's an Australian government website with a list of jobs/skills that will guarantee you a visa. If you have no skills just get a fruit-picking visa. I'll find the website for you later
>>
>>2172225
I work IT support at amazon FC. i have 1 year experince and my A+ certification. thats it.

Its not exactly a sponserable job since a pavjeet can do this.....
>>
>>2172227
Then get a job or skillset that will do so. Holy fuck just google it, though you probably will look at the list of requirements and paper work required and go "whoooo boy that's tough.... I'll do it next year for sure!'.
>>
File: internal.png (77 KB, 972x303)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
I checked the internal posting

I need to hit level 5 for international transfers. I am level 3. It would take a while and some as kissing.
>>
>>2172228

the things is. I meet random pavjeets that come to canada work some shit job and get PR. Is this possible in australia?

canada gives PR like candy to everyone. Does australia do this>
>>
>>2172231
>Is this possible in australia?
Yes, but they go through enough hoops to fill the check boxes. That's literally why moving to the USA, the south west specifically, would be far easier under agreements between the countries.
>>
>>2172226
>neither bogan area even includes bogan shire
>>
I'm doing this rn on a 186 visa feel free to ask any questions. I am a UK citizen but its largely the same regardless
>>
don't go to australia mate.
i've lived there many years in agony.
it's the most boring and dry country in the whole world. hardly anything fun to do. basically like a village that has fancy houses (very expensive btw).
everyone likes to keep to their little social circles.
everything is expensive af. unless you have a upper middle class income, you'll be living like a beggar.
try socal like another anon mentioned. thank me later. and good luck getting a sponsor cause it's not gonna happen unless you're highly skilled like a doctor or engineer.
>>
>>2172252
>lived there many years, presumably citizen from birth, yet knows the struggle of getting sponsored to live there
why make this retarded post
>can only get sponsored for high skill job
my sponsorship is for motor mechanic lol
>wages are too low for the house prices!!!!!
all last year I made $60/h labouring on a construction site in Western Sydney. I don't get how you can't live on this
>>
>>2172218
I find it strange that so few other people want to do this. I come from Texas so we have lots of redneck shit here but I live in Dallas and am pretty much a city slicker. But man, the dream is to just live in some medium sized town with close access to the outback and just do stupid redneck shit with Australians. Fucking love the accent. Also really wanna do a Highway 1 tour, that'd be fucking sick. Hope you get there OP, too many people shit on Australia. (Tho it's mostly Aussies saying they wanna get out)
>>
>>2172252
socal is no cheaper than australia. moving there might be easier/cheaper tho. that being said the australian dollar is shit
>>
>I want to get INTO a country that just locked down and started arresting people over a flu

uhh ok
>>
>>2172218

My family moved from Canada to Aus like 15 years ago and haven't looked back. Was easier because one of my parents was Aussie already but the other got a job that sponsored him. They love it because despite the heat they can do outdoor stuff all year around instead of hoping for the 2 months of nice weather Canada gets.

Learn to swim and live near the coast for a good life
>>
>>2172218
I can see why. Aus gov is as faggy as the leaf gov, but with Florida rednecks.
https://youtu.be/2W91CQpNVQc
>>
Fuck off, we are full!
>>
>>2172218
It's actually really easy if you have about 20k spare. There's a loophole where if you're an international student you can drop out and basically become a citizen.

Or alternatively let's get married
>>
>>2172624
getting married for a visa will also cost you around 20k all up without the wedding expenses
>>
>>2172630
Elaborate? Don't include flight costs though.
>>
>>2172631
think the application is 7k, lawyer will be 5k for a good one or up to 10k for one of the lawyers who helped write the immigration rules. incidentals like criminal record checks and other foreign government checks will total 1 or 2k. not quite 20k and you can do it yourself for under 10 but budget 20k or you will end up going over for some bs reason
>>
>>2172668
Holy shit, you're not wrong, 8k just for the application. I don't get what the lawyers for though.
>>
>>2172250
What is your occupation?

how hard is it to get PR?
>>
>>2172671
Don't need a lawyer or visa agent they are all scammers. I imported my flip wife paid 8k for partner visa. It takes 3 years before they even look at it. Just got approved now. It's a lot of chasing documents from her country and this country but a visa agent just gives you a check list and charges a fortune. You never need them.
>>
>>2172252

its been a dream since I was a little kid.

I watched Steve Irwin when I was kid over pokemon. I know every poisonous animal in Australia.
>>
>>2172671
you need the lawyer if your application is going to be complicated in any way (visited large number of countries, lived more than one country, criminal record, previous names, miscellaneous stuff you have to declare etc). if u were born 25yo and fully formed you might be ok if you're good wirh paperwork
>>
>>2172523

I want that life.

currently living in alberta where is dark and cold every day.
>>
>>2172686
Not OP but why would being in a lot of countries make things harder for any immigration application anywhere in the world?
>>
>>2172705
yeah why
>>
>>2172747
Well honestly? It's because Australia is some of the few places that are on Japan's approved travel list. Being too close to america we look bad by default and it doesn't help how our government is forgetting our culture. If I can move to australia I'll be safe while close to SEA where I can snag a pretty desperate asian wife who would respect a hard working white man.

The problem is Australia is hot but I am fairly sure the 50C thing is a meme that only happens in the desert, it can't be that hot because most humans start to die at 35C.
>>
>>2172523
>Learn to swim
Why are you assuming OP isn't white?

>>2172685
Give this true blue Aussie honourary citizenship right now.
>>
>>2172523
>Learn to swim
I agree with the other person, I have never met a white person who can't swim but Asians and Koreans I've met can't swim.
>>
>>2172218
I'd be willing to marry you for citizen ship anon.
>>
>>2172227
Get AWS certs
>>
>>2172705
it doesn't make it harder so much as it makes the paperwork more complicated and long. and then you need to file notices of incorrect answer when you forget to declare them
>>
>>2172749
your sad incel response had nothing to do with the other post anon. also it really is that hot in many places. even casual globohomo shit boring places to live like Sydney hit high 40s
>>
>>2172749
Last year it hit 50s and your shoes melted to the road you couldn't walk on the street. Cunts fucked mate
>>
>>2172779
this
>>
>>2172749
>most humans start to die at 35C
White angloids/celtoids don't count as human. Balkan immigrants can walk in australian summers and not spontaneously combust
>>
>>2172704
Where, Red Deer?
>>
Australia is hot as shit.
>>
>>2172865
>He doesn't enjoy flame red skies across Melbourne and 50c arid winds
>>
>>2172763
>>2172767

Sorry posted a bit early, I meant learn to swim in the surf without dying, bit different to a pool or lake
>>
>>2173132
Don't most people learn this? Like don't you go to the beach as a kid? I guess not if you're in Canada.
>>
>>2172779
I am actually applying for a new position IT support at AWS and working on my AWS certs.

I saw there is a AWS in Sydney
>>
>>2172777

lets do it
>>2172865
It hit -40c where I am a few weeks ago. I want to try the opposite.
>>2173011
one of the 2 big cities brah
>>
>>2173128
>50c in Melbourne
begone, city larper. 50c in the Pilbara is a hot day. 50c in Melbourne is the apocalypse.
>>
>>2172676
motor mechanic

it took me all 3 years of my backpacker visa working my arse off to get a shot and aussie bosses lie about sponsoring you so this is the third boss who said he would (and this time actually went through with it)
>>
>>2173228
Don't you remember during the fires two years ago? The skies were literally red. I think it was like 48 or something.
>>
>>2173133

If he's from alberta he would have learned to swim in an indoor pool and maybe swam in a lake not in waves or rip currents etc...
>>
>>2173236
high 40s is common sure but 50 is legit rare and you don't see it in Melbourne.
>>
You dont need to earn 100k+ a year to live a good life in Australia. Even in Sydney you can live with 40k a year comfortably. If you work construction you may be able to get a sponsorship for residency. But expect to be treated like an actual slave.
>>
>>2173340
Bro how the fuck can you live comfortably on 40k, especially in Sydney?
>>
>>2173340
>confident idiot wanders into the thread
>ignores all previous replies
>posts nonsense
>"my work here is done"
we salute u sir
>>
>>2173236
Yes it hit 48 in Sydney CBD area, it was the worst heat wave I've ever experienced. The air was thick for lack of a better term, it was suffocating. In all my life I've never experienced it that fucking hot.
The same day I flew to Launceston and it was fucking snowing in Tasmania in the middle of December.
>>
>>2173250

my mom was in the olympics for diving.

Don't worry she taught me how to swim.
>>
>>2173229

How did you get sponsered by a worker visa? arn't you suppose to work only for 6 months w/ one company max?
>>
>>2173348
Easily.
>apartment in north sydney (kirribilli area) $350 per week
>$300 a week left over for bills and expenses and shit
>>
>>2173511
Thanks bro.
>>
>>2173581
as a backpacker you can work for 6 months for one company if the work is carried out on one site. additionally, they literally never check, even if you use the over-long work period as proof of regional work for your next year's visa. how I got sponsored was working for a lot of people in shit locales and proving I was worth the money then explaining that to keep me working for them they'd need to sponsor me or I wouldn't be allowed to stay. in the end I got a new job, told my old job I was leaving as I wasn't being sponsored, and they started the process to sponsor me the next day to keep me. it's extremely long winded, insanely expensive and you really do have to be worth it for the employer to bother
>>
>>2173656
Sounds like a serious gamble. Putting your hands w/ some random company.

Also if the govt finds out you over stayed your 6 months at one company Im sure your fucked for every going to OZ again.

How much did it cost?
>>
>>2173663
it is a massive gamble, yes. if you are looking for easy or sure things then you cannot be sponsored to move to Australia. my time with all my companies was legal as I worked on different sites on rotation but, again, no one will ever check. all up about 20k as I had to pay the employer nomination fees as well as my own application fees
>>
>>2173641
>$350 per week
>in Kirribilli
Cunt, what?
>>
>>2173194
best of luck Anon. I've found Stephan Marrek and Jon Bonso have the best teaching videos and practice tests. Udemy has them pretty cheap if you catch the deals.
>>
>>2173641
ya maybe in 1992, 350 a week is now a room in a share house
>>
>>2172218
damn i didn't know amazon had a football club
which league are they on?
>>
>>2173751
That's how delusional these retards are
>>
>>2173752
Thanks bro

I'm actually finishing up my linux cert so AWS cert is next.

are you cloud architect or cloud engineer?
>>
>>2173751
>>2173801
>>2173773
How about you stupid cunts look at some fucking listings yeah? Shit talking dumb coon poofta faggots.
https://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-nsw-north+sydney-432799622
If you cant find an apartment near the city for under $400 you are legitimately fucking braindead.
>>
>>2174219
By the way in 2019 had a FOUR BEDROOM HOUSE in North Ryde for $580 a week you niggers.
>>
>>2174219
>https://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-nsw-north+sydney-432799622
>kirribilli for $350
>posts an apartment in north sydney
>calls us dumb
the state of shitney retards
>>
>>2172218
Why the fuck would you want to come here? It's a shithole filled with retarded bogans. I would leave tomorrow if I could and never come back.
>>
>>2174301
>too useless to leave with one of the strongest passports in the world
>thinks others are the retards
standard aussie
>>
>>2174220
>a week
what kind of nigger wagie pays rent by the fucking week
you almost listed that price hourly man what the fuck
>>
>>2174321
aus rent prices are listed weekly usually lad, if you aren't familiar with the country in question then it's good form to just read and not post until you find something to contribute
>>
File: Sir-Les-Patterson.jpg (263 KB, 1600x2135)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>2174319
>buttshattered bogan
>>
>>2174328
u literally don't even need a degree to emigrate to an equivalent first world nation lol. why are u still here?
>>
>>2174258
Keep crying, dumb ass.

>>2174321
Rent is weekly or fortnightly in Australia. No one pays rent monthly lol.
>>
>>2174220
Street? I lived in North Ryde the last ten years, work in North Ryde. All the houses are 1960s fibro shit holes made of abstestos or gook high rises
>>
>>2174219
Jesus Christ imagine living in a studio apartment and paying 350 for the privilege.
>>
>>2174321
Australians are borderline retarded and cannot into future planning, so rent is charged weekly rather than monthly.
>>
>>2172226
Bomb victims?
What happened?
>>
>>2174462
Median income in Sydney is over 80k. Is there a problem, poorfag?
>>
>>2174707
Rent is always a waste of money
>>
>>2174677
The Darwin bombing? World war 2? It was a thing big hoss
>>
>>2174301
I need a change. Bogans are probably the same as redneck albertains. I am already use to it
>>
>>2174636
Australians have a statical lower IQ. What do you expect?
>>
So anyone here actually got Australian PR?
>>
>>2175358
My wife just had hers approved. I'm Australian, she's an import. What do you want to know? It's a long boring process filled with fees and nonsense. Certified documents from your country (and you can't get them easily under lockdowns) it's been a huge pain in the fucking dick actually
>>
>>2175386

well what ways can I get it?

My stats are in the original post.

in canada they give PR to pavjeets who cant speak english. Is it the same as OZ?
>>
>>2175387
Do you not know how to use Google? There's a list of workers skills they want and they allocate points to you once you can get enough points you can come here.
>Speak English 10 points
>Work in specific industry for X time 20 points
>Went to uni for blah 15 points
Just follow the checklist see if you can make up the points to come. Being white might mean you lose 50 points. Priority given to chinks and pajeets.
Also you can pay 70,000 dollars a year and come as a student and never leave. That's why there's so many cunts here
>>
>>2175358
my visa is under "further assessment" but nearly. 186
>>
>>2175386
this post is correct, spending hours on the phone to my college late at night to get my certificates was such a cunt, especially as I did them before computerisation

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.