[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1626690062646.jpg (103 KB, 800x508)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Thinking of doing a roadtrip with 2 friends from east to west coast stopping at most major cities in the west, lasting around 1 month total. Mostly camping on the road and staying in hotels in the bigger cities. What do you bros think our money situation would look like and if anyone has done this before or has experince. Also if you have a good knowledge of the west what are some good/beautiful places to stop? Sorry if im a little vague or if you need more info not used to posting on much on here.
>>
File: 1515094613276.png (325 KB, 1553x1202)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
depends on a lot of factors. You can get out west in 4 days or so with full days of driving and then spend most of the month just on the west coast. Really it's hard to do a giant trip like this.

I mean, if you're going just to see SD and LA and SF, that's basically crazy, but sure. Gas is definitely going to cost like $1000 at least. Hotels can be a lot in cities, like SF it is crazytown to find a hotel, or at least prepandemic it was, expect like $400 a night there. LA and SD might be similar. On the road out west, motels/hotels are like $100 or so, maybe $150 generally. Camping can be done for free on federal land, more common in the midwest and mountain west. Near cities, your best bet is sleeping in a car in a Walmart parking lot, lol. It also costs like $30 in tolls to cross Ohio, same for Indiana, if you take the Pennsylvania turnpike that costs a shitton of money too. You can avoid these toll highways with some planning for a more southern route or whatever. Driving around Chicago can end up taking you a whole load of time because of traffic. Best to avoid a Chicago route.

The actual best places to go on a road trip in America are Utah and Oregon. Utah has the best natural sites in the United States, and Oregon is one of the most beautiful states. Those are my tips, basically.
>>
File: 471801.jpg (716 KB, 1920x1200)
716 KB
716 KB JPG
Long post, but I'm passionate about my US road trips

This is an expensive trip with gas at almost 5/gallon on the west coast. Ive driven across country 7 times on 4 different routes. Most of the middle of the US is terrible and boring. The best shit is all on the west coast. If I were you, I would fly into LAX, rent a car, a do an epic west coast loop instead. You would skip 60+ hours of pointless driving and probably end up braking even on the gas money you would save vs the cost of plane tickets and the rental car.

west coast trip only:
Rental Car for 1 month 800
3 plane tickets 400x3=1200
plus 3000 miles in gas
grand total $3000

vs

cross country trip:
6000 miles at 30 miles per gallon -2000 bucks in gas
significant wasted time, extra meals, extra hotels, bad scenery
total $3000+

Here is the shit you should do
Fly into LAX. Rent car.

Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach, San Diego, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon South Rim, Zion National Park, Bryce National Park, Arches NP, lava Hot springs Idaho, Tetons, Jackson Hole, Yellowstone, Missoula, Seattle, Columbia River Gorge, Bend Oregon, Mt Shasta, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, San Francisco, Drive route 1 through big sur, Santa Barbara, LA

Most epic road trip ever
>>
>>2169878
"official" map made by some PNW asshat while he's hiding indoors from his region's annual 8 months of freezing gray mist. I wouldn't listen to this guy at all OP.

>>2169855
I recommend on your southerly route that you stop in San Antonio and take US90 west until you hit Van Horn instead of I10. It'll be much more scenic than driving through the north part of Texas, which is flat and boring.
>>
>>2169990
>I'm passionate about my US road trips
Would you care to give some recs here >>2170208 ?
>>
>>2169878
retarded map, pretty obviously made by someone out west who never bothered venturing east of the rockies
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (26 KB, 387x258)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>
>>2170348
>>2170114
that's the /out/ map lol, it was created with input from hundreds of anons, newfags. You thought the "official /out/ state ranking" was made by one anon? great, now what made you think that? lol

Otherwise, I've been to every US state and driven across the country close to a dozen times, you? OP shouldn't listen to a guy who has driven across the country at least 10 times and been to every state in question? Who should he listen to then, a guy from Connecticut who drove to Florida once? lol

Otherwise, do you even climb? Why would east coast states like Pennsylvania or Massachusetts get high rankings? What can you do there? Walk up a hill? Hike through new growth deciduous forests? lol shut-ins.
>>
>>2169855
Damn youre a dumb pos. Have fun with your straight line roadtrip. Get tfo my board.
>>
>>2170538
>out

That map is retarded. One look at California and Nevada will tell you all you need to know about the morons who made it.

If you think that Nevada and California are equal, you're just as retarded as that map. California has 5/10 of the best National Parks in the US and hundreds of miles of the best coastline driving in the world. There are more Zagat rated restaurants in California than in the rest of the 49 states combined.

Nevada has Las Vegas and Reno and a whole lot of nothing else. It's fun for about 2 days.

And I love that Maryland is listed as a 1, but Arkansas gets a 3. Maryland has word class seafood, mountains, beaches, proximity to DC and New York, better weather, tons more variety of things to see and do.

Arkansas is landlocked. Close to nothing. No beaches. No major cities. I hope you like solitude, long empty highways and McDonald's rest stops.

The east/west or west/east drive across the US is 75 percent terrible. The middle is tolerable for about 4 weeks a year if you're lucky enough to catch it when the weather is decent. The southern route is the worst. There is nothing worth stopping for between Nashville and Flagstaff. The middle route is bad from Louisville to Denver. St Louis is so crime ridden that you can't even slow down to look at the arch or someone will probably try to kill you.

The only route worth raking is the northern Route. But Chicago is in the midst of one of the worst crime sprees in US history, so you can't even stop there right now.

Take my advice. Fly to the west coast. Rent a car. Do a west coast loop. It'll be so much better.
>>
File: 1624022471240.jpg (67 KB, 951x840)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>2169878
>Wisconsin best east of the Mississippi
>>
>>2170650
>>2170538
God you two are fucking morons. “It’s muh official out map created by input from hundreds of anons” like pooling together the brain cells of a hundred morons will result in collective wisdom. And the westcoastlet doesn’t even understand that it’s a map about the outdoors, not zagat restaurants. This thread is a fucking train wreck.
>>
>>2170813
/out/ actually goes out. The map is accurate. Do you even climb? And I’m from Scotland lol, just been to every US state. Clearly the best nature in North America is the Rockies and west
>>
>>2170650
Restaurants? That’s the /out/ map lol, it’s for people who climb and hunt. California isn’t ideal for all /out/ings. Why would restaurants or seafood be considered? What are you even talking about hahaha
>>
>>2170650
Arkansas and Missouri have the Ozarks of course. What does Maryland have? The Cumberland gap? Again, that’s the /out/ map not the /trv/ map. Make your own thread and source input from all /trv/ anons to rank the states based on how nice they are to travel to. Totally different from a map made for and by people who hunt, climb, hike, camp, etc. does Maryland even have ANY dispersed camping? Haha again, why would the /out/ map be about seafood restaurants? It’s more about where you can cook seafood you caught on public land for free. Brainlet, this shouldn’t be hard to infer
>>
>>2169855
Judging by your map you're in Jersey
Jersey to Chicago is an extremely boring drive. Your next leg from Chicago through Iowa / Nebraska is even worse. It's a long fucking drive and there's not much interesting shit along the way outside of gas stations and Wendy's.

I've done Pittsburgh to Tucson as well and those routes through OK and NM will make you forget what civilization looks like.There are very few "bigger cities" in the entire midway portion of your journey no matter which route you take. What are you trying to accomplish? If it's just to see the transition you can try the Empire Builder on Amtrak that will take you to from Chicago to Glacier NP. I will second the recommendation that you can get a shit ton of different terrain starting from San Diego then going to Vegas, Zion, Bryce, Arches, Rockies, then end in DEN which is a major airport hub.
>>
>>2170996
It makes sense that /out/ is a board filled with rick climbers.That ridiculous map makes sense now. I have never met a rock climber in my life that I liked. The European rock climbers are the worst. They show up in the national parks in the US and they will stay for 6 months and never shower once. You can smell them from 100 yards away. And they bring like $300 for a 6 month trip and live off cold oatmeal, trash and water like rats. Ive seen Euro rock climbers pull their fucking pants down while they were belaying someone and just take a shit like a fucking gibbon would.

Why would you take advice about travel from people like that?
>>
>>2171000
The only people who would rate "dispersed" camping as more important than good food when traveling are typically homeless vagrants.
>>
>>2171101
>when traveling
nigger what are you talking about? That's not a travel map, that's a hiking/climbing/hunting map.. are you daft?

>>2171097
ok you are insane, nice insane blog post, how does this help OP? I attach an image with no comment on the image, and you sperg out half a dozen posts screeching about this picture, dude, go jerk off.
>>
>>2171126
There are multiple people disparaging the /out/ map. I wouldn't use it a guide either. It's pretty terrible. OP asked for advice about a 1 month road trip and you posted a map that ranks Arizona over Hawaii. The context and source of the map is irrelevant You're going to get some blowback posting silly shit like that.
>>
>>2169990
Thanks anon, I've saved that for future reference.
I want to travel back to the states for another road trip one day in the future when travel eases, but next time maybe on a motorcycle.

How long do you think that route would take?
>>
>>2169878
>LA and SD might be similar.
LA is huge and you can get reasonable hotel accommodations easily if you aren't married to a particular location.
How I would do it: Spend a few days in LA. Go to both Gettys, maybe catch a few shows (there's always something) and go to a beach (Huntington Beach is good) then from Santa Monica, head up the Coastal Highway through SLO and Big Sur, maybe spend a few days in Santa Cruz or Monterey. I know nothing about the bay area and offer no recommendations. up through Astoria, then heading inland to Puget Sound, dicking around in the North Cascades for a few days, work your way south to Rainier, doing Portland and Hood, then heading over to Bend and crater lake. Go down in to California again, through Redding, then spend like a day in Sacremento, then go up to Tahoe, see Reno and then go south to Lee Vining, spend a few days in Yosemite, do Mammoth, then go to Las Vegas, and fly out. I would bring a tent and sleeping bags, and go to state parks for the night in most of the rural areas. San Simeon is nice.

You can also add Arizona to the trip of you want. Flagstaff is cool, the Big Ditch is cool, Tucson is cool (for a few days-- go to the Saguaro NP East and the Pima Air Museum. get the Boneyard Tour). If you like the old west, Tombstone is just outside of Tucson as well. Phoenix is okay but the time to visit is MLB spring training, the weather is Hell on Earth from April to August.
>>
>>2169855
Can't say much about the whole trip, but regarding the bay area, some things you want to consider checking out:

>SF
There's a road called Merchant Road in SF, right off the Golden Gate bridge, if you get there early enough, you can park there for free. From there you can check out the bridge, and walk down Crissy Field and trace the north beach stopping by Palace of Fine Arts until you get to fisherman's wharf. That covers a good chunk of the nice scenic part of SF on foot, and there's lots of food in that Marina area. The usual tourist traps are good to check out, Coit Tower is pay-to-enter so be warned, Lombard St is fine, drive it if you can rather than find parking and walk. Golden Gate park is kind of like a lesser Central Park, it's fine but nothing to stop for, but you can park on Kezar Dr in the park to walk through Haight Ashbury. Twin Peaks is a good next drive from there, and from there you can trace the oceanside road back up towards where you started. the oceanside road was closed for pedestrian use only the last time I checked, but I left SF like a year ago.

>East Bay
Don't. Unless there's something specific you want to check out, its a crapshoot

>North Bay
Marin Headlands and Sausalito can be a nice to wander around, pretty short stops so not worth planning a whole day around. Point Reyes is an excellent pseudo-national park, recommend checking out Tomales Point if you want a longer hike, or the usual lighthouse and cypress arch if not. As for wine country, pick your poison, there's lots of stuff online about what's good, although more stuff may be closed due to Omicron, I was still getting some notifications about north bay restrictions last week so keep that in mind. If you're one of those assholes who loves craft beer, Pliny the Elder is that area's famous bottle, the brewery itself is a crapshoot so go to Petaluma Market and they'll have bottles for sale.

cont.
>>
>>2172078
>North Bay cont.
If you like biking, the Dry Creek Road loop in Healdsburg is as nice as it gets, and you can mix in wine stuff while there. Mt. Tamalpais is the premier place for a good sunset, its right above the ocean so you have clouds under you the whole time. Park on the lot (unmarked) west of Rock Spring Trailhead and wander around there, its very ... instagrammy, if you're into that.

>South Bay and Peninsula
Its a suburban and exurban sprawl, nothing more to it really. Stanford is nice to wander around, same with the Big Basin state park (you're not finding camping here less than 6 months out, try Henry Coe for that). If you're headed southbound and wanna drive Highway 1, I'd recommend skipping south bay entirely and getting on US-1 starting at around half-moon-bay. That takes you past some nice beaches and lighthouses till Santa Cruz

>Santa Cruz and Monterey
This is not the Bay Area, the only people that say it is are from here.
>>
>>2172082
Addendum: Check out Tahoe, it's all gonna be burnt up within the next decade so get it done now. Same with Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Alabama Hills, Redwoods, Lassen, Inyo, Sequoia, Shasta, and whatever else isn't already a desert. If you like backpacking, Desolation Wilderness in the Tahoe region is easy for beginners and has a well developed trail.

I did the reverse, California to East Coast and looped through a lot of states, so shoot if you got questions, mostly boondocked and camped as much as I could.
>>
File: 775545.jpg (50 KB, 461x407)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>2171910
Or maybe you just believe people can only travel a certain way, lol. For me, the /out/ map suits my travel style better. Sorry you can't imagine anything that isn't your own opinion, and just because a crowd of retards attacked me doesn't make the crowd of retards right. Getting triggered by a map that was created with input from hundreds of anons and refined through this input, and then claiming all those people are wrong... sounds like you might be not interested in data that disagrees with you. Lovely way to live your life.

By all means, make a /trv/ thread where you ask anons to rank the states by how appealing they are. I'm sure you won't because you're lazy and not interested in the topic, you just want to attack others who made a dataset you can't reconcile, for whatever reason.
>>
>>2172115
The dude's just sperging out about rock climbers because he's too fat to find a harness in his size. I'd say the /out/ map is pretty important if you want to do anything west of the Continental Divide, just because aside from outdoorsy shit, the only thing you have out here are vapid hipsters drinking estrogen pale ale in strip-mall "brew pubs" and a thousand things that you can find better versions of elsewhere.
>>
Places to avoid that are having record rates of violent crime right now:

Chicago,
Philadelphia
St Louis,
Louisville
New Orleans
Memphis
Cincinnati
Daytona Beach
Orlando
Anaheim
I would also skip Portland, downtown Los Angeles and San Francisco right now.

Cities I would visit:
Moab
South Lake Tahoe
Cody Wyoming
Jackson Hole Wyoming
Sedona Arizona
Lava Hot Springs Idaho
Las Vegas
Marin County California (muir woods, Russian River Brewing Company, Angel Island)
Santa Barbara
Huntington Beach Ca
Laguna Beach Ca
Canon Beach Oregon
Hood River Oregon (columbia river gorge)
Bend Oregon
Yosemite National Park
South Rim Grand Canyon
Bryce National Park
Zion National Park
Arches National Park
Mammoth California
Telluride Colorado
Durango Colorado
Ouray Colorado
Ashville North Carolina
Badlands National Park
Smokey Mountains NP
Nashville TN
Missoula Montana
Escalante Utah
Vail COlorado
>>
How is Arizona and southern Utah (Zion / Bryce) this time of year?
>>
dont forget cedar point
>>
>>2172388

chicago is a great and beautiful city but you dont walk around the streets like normal. drive around in a car and youll love the vibe. go to a jazz bar and listen to joe pass
>>
>>2172556
Southern Arizona is very pleasant, sunny and 60-70F during the day. Northern Arizona/Utah are colder than you'd think, 30s or so.
>>
>>2172663
Southern Arizona is pretty boring. Literally nothing to do along the 10. Phoenix and Tuscon have nothing with seeing. You want to drive across route 40. Go to the grand canyon and then cut south in Sedona. Lake Havasu is a rad place to hike and camp. The slot canyon hike in Havasu is pretty unique. Hit up Ratttlesnake Canyon in Joshua Tree, camp at Indian Cove and eat and Pappy and Harriet's.
>>
>>2172861
I was thinking of going from White Sands to Saguaro for a few days then up to Petrified Forest before heading more west for Sedona/Grand Canyon. Those places look cool but I don't think I'll go that far west. I'll save them for when in Cali.
>>
Nomad bro here who is currently in Denver this month. Background is I grew up around DC, been all over except for New England. The /out/ map is broadly correct. There is Beauty to appalachia but it isn’t awe inspiring or grand like the Rockies and west. If you could do it, I’d reccomend doing east coast for 10 days and flying west for 20 or just skip east. Middle America is not worth the energy. Go spend time starting in Cali, Yosemite, etc, then do a big loop through Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Utah, CO. That should give you time to soak it all in.
>>
>>2173030
Skip Petrified Forest. It's a tourist trap. If you're gong to the grand canyon, you should do the Lava River Cave. Bring 2 flashlights. I'd also check out Fossil Creek Falls if you're planning to do Arizona. It's epic. Make sure it's open though. If you want to take a 3 day break from driving and you have camping/hiking gear, get a reservation to go do Havasupai. That hike is tough, but it's absolutely worth it.

>>2173190
This dude gets it. There is just so much wasted time and nothing worth seeing in the middle. I drove through Chicago once on my way out west. We hit a 2 hour traffic jam. Then we tried to get some supplies at Whole Foods in the city, but it had been shut down by the health inspector for rats. We spent $28 each to do the Field Museum and another $20 to park for 90 minutes. I ate the worst burger of my life for $12 and then we got stuck in another 90 minutes of traffic on the way out. It was a total fucking bust. I didn't see anything cool again for 14 hours until we hit the Badlands. And the badlands are about 10 percent as cool as any of the National Parks in Utah or California.
>>
File: 124812.jpg (355 KB, 1143x857)
355 KB
355 KB JPG
>>2173347
Badlands are cool and South Dakota is a fun prairie state to drive through (compared to Kansas or Nebraska or Oklahoma), but yeah, like I pointed out earlier in the thread, an anon should avoid driving through/around Chicago. Maps will lead you through the ring road, but you're guaranteed to hit traffic, and like you, I hit hours of traffic and it put a dent in my plans for that night, had to sleep just outside of Chicago in like Joliet or Moline or something.

Yeah, generally, I call it "doing a runner" lol when you just try to get through the east and midwest states as fast as possible to spend the most time in the west. You can basically spend like 3 nights? to get from the NYC area to the Rockies.
>>
>>2173504
"Doing the runner" is what I did on literally every cross country trip Ive ever taken. I made Las Vegas to Louisville with a 1 hour nap in between. On another trip, I made the mistake of staying just outside St Louis. It was like being in a zombie apocalypse. There were drug addicts and drunks juts stumbling around all night down the streets. At like 4 am, the whole block was swarmed with cops and sirens. I think someone was murdered that night on the street outside.
>>
>>2173689
Jesus, everything between central South Dakota and Pennsylvania is just brutal, Highway 70/80/90 are the fastest way through, sure, but my eyes just stopped focusing after 2 days of it. Anyone tried a route further south? Any way to add something interesting before getting to the west half?
>>
>>2171963
I never payed more than $60 for a hotel between SD and LA when I took a road trip out from TX last Feb; prices might have fluctuated wildly since then, but I was livining on the cheap. Also, if you get the Gasbuddy app, you can save hundreds of dollars in gas. Helped out a lot as soon as I crossed the border of AZ into CA.
>>
>>2172388
I don't know why people keep saying Laguna Beach; I went there and shit was a massive waste of time. Go to Mission Beach in SD instead.
>>
>>2173689
I've heard similar things about St. Louis; how did you make it from Las Vegas to Louisville with just an hour nap? Did someone give a bunch of adderrall?
>>
>>2174064
Yeah, I've been through West Virginia-Kentucky-Missouri-Kansas into Southern Colorado, and also Virginia-Tennessee-Arkansas-Oklahoma-Texas Panhandle into New Mexico.

Kentucky is very scenic to drive through, and there are a few places worth stopping, Bourbon County comes to mind. Same for West Virginia. The Ozarks in Missouri are interesting (I took the Bluegrass Parkway into the Western Kentucky Parkway into Highway 60 through southern Missouri), and you can stop in Branson or whatever, kinda campy tourist trap if you're into that... then Kansas is boring and Southern Colorado is pretty cool.

Virginia has Natural Bridge, and there's also the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive worth driving on, Tennessee has a few things like Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, and you can stop in Asheville NC before that, or another mountain town (Boone?), and Oklahoma has like... good barbeque, lol. Same for the Texas Panhandle, otherwise just flat plains.

I haven't taken the southernmost gulf route, but that could be interesting. Goes through Texas itself, could stop at Big Bend or something gay like muh Marfa instagram picture, then southern NM and AZ have a few national parks like White Sands and Saguaro, etc.
>>
>>2174102
Las Vegas to Louisville... that's a 27 hour drive, dude is out of his mind lol. Realistically, I would get from Las Vegas to Kansas or Oklahoma in a day, then that far the next day. I usually still stop even if I'm trying to make good time, because if there is something right off the highway I'm on, it's a good excuse to stretch my legs.

I have just driven past things like the Black Canyon of the Gunnison or the Great Sand Dunes in Colorado... or cities that it would be cool to visit, but finding parking would take up half my day let alone traffic...
>>
>>2174096
Laguna Beach downtown is fun for a beach day. And it's about halfway between LA and San Diego.1000 steps beach is right there and it's pretty epic. Crystal Cove is right there too. But if I had to choose between Huntington Beach and Laguna Beach, I'd go Huntington every single time.

If you want to try surfing for the first time though, you go to Dana Point.

If you want a good meal along Coastal Highway near Laguna Beach, stop at Panini Kabob Grill. They have a fucking awesome breakfast and the Kabobs are amazing. They always have a mountain of to go orders piled to the ceiling.
>>
>>2169990
Hey man. I'm a south american guy who's planning on visiting some friends in OC in late 2022. I'll be staying with them for no more than 2 weeks, so, What's some cool stuff we could be doing during my stay?

I was thinking Yosemite and LACMA, and visiting Huntington and Newport Beach...
>>
>>2175335
Yosemite is far, and most of your day will be a traffic jam lol. I'd sooner say try Death Valley, but Yosemite is very different. idk good luck, Yosemite is beautiful but I was very disappointed because the whole experience was theme park-ish.
>>
>>2169878
this map is such bullshit
>>
File: image.jpg (1.42 MB, 2048x1536)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>2170996
btw, every time that map gets posted, people call it bullshit
>WV a 3
>Nevada the same as California
>Arkansas a 3 (has the most beautiful sections of the Ozarks)
>Hawaii a 6, should be 8.5
>Alaska the same as Utah
>New York a 3.5 when upstate NY has the Adirondacks and some of the East Coast's most beautiful nature
>Michigan a 4 when the UP exists, as well as north Mitten
>Tennesee a 2, forgetting that the eastern region of the state is in gorgeous Appalachian mountains (Great Smoky Mountains, Cherokee National Forest)
I could go on, but I won't. Bad map, and anyone who posts it should be ashamed.
>>
>>2175416
why? because Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma are so low? West Virginia is probably a bit too low, too. Texas could be a 3 as well.
>>
>>2175428
factors considered include hunting, fishing, etc. Most of Nevada is a wasteland, why would Nevada be higher than California? California has the Sierra Nevada range which is actually interesting to climb, along with the coast and the northern forests...

West Virginia is scarred by industry. Hawaii is all regulated. New York is regulated. Michigan's UP is nice but unenjoyable due to bugs. Tennessee should be a 4, at least.
>>
>>2175335
Yosemite is the best National Park in the US. Stay in the yurts in Curry Village. A few of the hikes in the valley can get crazy busy in the summer, especially on weekends. But there are dozens of hikes above the valley that are empty if you want to get some real solitude. The waterfalls are dried up from late July until spring.

Shit to do in OC:
Huntington Beach Main Street
Rent Bikes on Balboa Peninsula and go to Balboa Island and to the wedge
Take the Newport Flyer to Catalina Island
Go see the arch in Crystal Cove
Laguna Beach
Learn to surf at Dana Point
Have a bonfire at the Balboa Pier fire pits

Stuff you should drive to:
Yosemite (3 nights)
Go kayak in La Jolla Beach
San Diego
Las Vegas
Joshua Tree, rattlesnake canyon, camp at indian cove (only if the weather is cooler than 85)

Good food in Orange County:
Tsuruhashi
Panini Kabob Grill (any of them)
Vox Grill
Chan Chan
Sup Noodle Bar
Bear Flag Grill
Agora
Barley Forge
OC Mining Company
Gyu Kaku
>>
>>2169855
I-70 west out of Denver is a must see - and stop at Quincys- unreal that they don't have a menu, they ask what size steak and how you want it cooked lmao
>>
>>2175352
>>2175604
Thanks a lot to both of you! I'm very excited for this upcomming trip.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.